Episode 3: Run

Underguard

Episode 3: Run

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 0700 (07:00AM), Merctown, Late June
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), dry heat, warm morning.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Nexus within 1 mile.
The group enjoys some well deserve pay and time off and uses that to the most. With several departures, a new structure and new requirements, the investment of a group vehicle became priority. After that, the group was able to dote on themselves and enjoy their time for several days without interruption. Eight remains static by the door, seemingly in some sort of standby mode and doesn't seem to move unless spoken too.

The group can drop several dimes around the town for their other prospect, the missing benefactor that Brooks and Sharee were working for that their own employer wants captured. While they are relatively decided on their own course of action, this Uteni on the run has been difficult to track down which is both a good and a bad thing. Even their own employer hasn't had reliable information on his former employee even though this Uteni is single-handedly responsible for disrupting some of his major operations.

About two weeks in to their relative time off after their score, Susan receives an encoded message from Brooks and Sharee at around 3 in the morning.

Code: Select all

Come to the Crib when you can; got a lead on our missing benefactor. Need to lay low.

When Susan and the others wake up in the morning, everyone will notice that for the first time, Eight is no longer in his normal location and is instead standing by the conference room. "The creator has requested your presence at your earliest convenience; he has information about the whereabouts of his former employee." Eight explains and will wait by the door.

==================
GM Note: Intro post. Feel free to write a few paragraphs about your R&R for bonus experience. The timeline is ambiguous but don't go longer than two weeks.
Jerrick Vincent

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [43] = 43
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [21] = 21
Conditions: M.D.C.: Helm 100/100 | Arms 75/75 | Legs 90/90 | Torso 140/140, S.D.C.: 50/50, H.P.: 40/40, See the Invisible, +7 Magic, +5 Lethal Poison/Non-Lethal Poison, +4 Horror Factor, +2 Possession, +1 Psionics, Coma/Death 20%

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Jerrick had familiarized himself with his new home and headquarters. His last “mission” using that term loosely, showed him that he needed to make adjustments for his new life as a Mercenary.

First he needed more fire power. Having 100,000 credits, was something he never experienced. He knew he had to invest in his career. After a failed attempt to get Eight to order him a Naruni SMG, he perused local Gun Stores and picked up a new Wellington Industries SMG with Ramjet Ammo. He also got another Fire Agate. this one was a Fire Agate of Tongues for his mage armor at a local Tech Wizard’s shop. That would prepare him for any situation involving the need of language he didn’t know. But his prized purchase was his Amulet of See Invisible. That would help keep the team safe. He also realized that he may need wheels for jobs and for personal transport so his last purchase was a hovercycle.

When he wasn’t shopping he was training. Every day he runs 5 miles he would do an hour long regimen of weight training. After a hearty lunch, he practices his Martial Arts Forms, followed by 100 practice rounds at the range. His goal was to be as good a Mercenary as he could be. He wanted the others to see he was taking this job seriously.

He also took care of all the necessary business needed for his new transition. He gave his notice at the Sphinx and Unicorn. He played one farewell session, and hung out with Little T and told him stories about his first Merc job. He had dinner with Weird Sisters and told them a milder PG rated, version. He would do his best to hang out with Little T and visit his surrogate MercTown moms, but he wasn’t exactly sure how often or to what degree he would have downtime. He also wrote a song about his first adventure, called ‘Freefall’, which killed in his farewell session at the Sphinx and Unicorn.

Other nights he spent the evening with the team. He is still trying to figure them out. They are very enigmatic and always serious, but it was understandable. They recently lost a team member. Not permanently from what Jerrick could tell. They just didn’t know where she was. And there were a couple of members on hiatus he hoped to meet eventually. They didn’t talk about them much, at least not with Jerrick. What little Jerrick did know was deductions made from conversations made in his presence. Jerrick learned quickly that working for a group like the Naruni obviously was problematic and kept them focused, serious and vigilant. Despite the obvious social barriers that existed, Jerrick really liked the team, even Phinneas, who although odd and obviously crazy carried it with a bit of a weird charm. His completely off the wall comments at inappropriate times were sometimes hilarious and brought great and needed levity in a serious time.

The highlight of the hiatus was when Susan used some of our take from the last job on a new team transport. That was a fun day as everyone got to check out our new travel digs. It was fun to see the team excited about something and not so down. Even Amber in all her seriousness, smiled as she went over every cool feature.

It was a whirlwind of new experiences for Jerrick, and he almost forgot that they were mercenaries, he began to see them as cool friends and roommates living it up in MercTown. That came to a screeching halt when he awoke to Eight’s announcement.
Underguard wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:53 pm "The creator has requested your presence at your earliest convenience; he has information about the whereabouts of his former employee." Eight explains and will wait by the door.
This was it. Jerrick was about to meet the employers who had the cool and collected Amber and Susan on edge. He made his way quickly with the others to the conference room. He was ready, he had to be. Everyone here needs me to step up and pull my weight. I will do just that. “Good Morning, Amber, Susan, Phinneas, and even you, you bucket of bolts.” The last greeting was made with side eye at Eight. He sat at the conference table ready to face whatever he was about to face.
Last edited by Jerrick Vincent on Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 0730 (07:00AM), Merctown, Late June
Everyone is able to comfortably gather their morning food, snacks or otherwise before everyone find themselves in the Conference Room around 0730. Eight enters the room last and closes the door and then moves to the head of the table and there is the familiar hue of light as the holographic image of the Creator appears in the center of the table. The two newest members are unable to identify what this Creator even is, as he appears completely alien and mostly shrouded, even on the projection. His voice, however, is smooth and professional.

"I understand the roster has changed and we don't need to go any further." He says, showing little to no care about the two new members or the disappearance of others. "I have tracked down my former employee but thus far he has been uncooperative and unwilling to return. Regrettably I cannot shift any more resources to this but with this lead, I trust your creative team to be able to accomplish what my agents could not." He says and his visage vanishes and the vishage of a Uteni appears and a description of a device in an alien language.

"The item he has in a prototype that has dangerous implications. The Dimensional Tunneler; a prototype and more portable version of my teleporter. The Tunneler is designed to tap into different dimensions and will essentially turn any reflective surface they are closest too into a portal. As it is a prototype, currently the chosen dimension cannot be controlled only influenced. Someone can close a door and reopen it until they find the one they want, but it requires concentration. The portals that are opened remain open for a set among of time that, in the future, will be modifiable but for now is set at 24 hours; this was a safety precaution in case any researcher got stranded." He explains as the writing suddenly becomes readable is it is translated into English as he talks.

"Your mission is to capture my employee and return him to the base located near Manoa. I would prefer he be kept alive and unharmed; however if he refuses to cooperate, I at least need the prototype back. You don't need to kill him, he will be on the run for the rest of his life if he chooses that option and at that point, it won't be your concern." He says matter-of-factly. He pauses and another image appears. "As to where he is right now, he has left your little planet. I will organize a direct trip to my Manoan Facility which can transport you to the proper location. From there you will be on your own and will need to track him down. Eight will assist. When you have found the Tunneler, leave it with Eight. It is highly valued company property and I would hate for any of you to be liable." He finishes and the image of him reappears with his arms crossed.

"Does any of that not make sense?" He asks and will wait. If no one has questions, he will conclude the short meeting telling them to expect to leave within two days.

What are you doing?
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [7] = 7
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [57] = 57
Conditions: M.D.C.: Helm 100/100 | Arms 75/75 | Legs 90/90 | Torso 140/140, S.D.C.: 50/50, H.P.: 40/40, See the Invisible, +7 Magic, +5 Lethal Poison/Non-Lethal Poison, +4 Horror Factor, +2 Possession, +1 Psionics, Coma/Death 20%

Jerrick had completely zoned out when the The Creator mentioned leaving Earth through a Portal. Did he just say we are leaving Earth through a portal. After traveling all the was across the world. Holy S**t. My second job as a mercenary will involve inter dimensional travel. Before MercTown I never left Dweomer. Now I am leaving Earth. Ok keep your cool. Don’t look too excited or terrified (note: he looks totally terrified.). You can do this Jerrick. You learned how to become proficient in magic from a ghost. You are the only person you have ever heard learned that way. Comparatively using said magic to protect your team and do a hard target search of an alien dimension with no comprehension of said dimension or its denizens will be a cake walk. At that by moment he is startled by hearing his name.
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:44 pm She looks at Jerrick. "Jerrick, could you look after the TW Food & Water Purifier?"
After the initial startle at his name, he says “Sure, . . .” There is initial crack in his voice. He quickly clears his throat and finishes his intended statement. “. . .Amber, no problem.”

I can do this, it is only food and water. I mean like if I screw up, the lack of those things will kill us, but hey no pressure.

Jerrick starts hearing his father’s voice in his head. You worthless miserable sod. I am glad you aren’t going to try to go to the College. You would just fail at everything there too. And failure gets people killed. You have never had aptitude for anything. Your brother and sister have shown they are far more capable than you. You will end up probably living with us most of your life pursuing your punches and kicks, your back flips and target practice. You will be Dweomer’s own village idiot. Stay out of my sight and in a rubbage bin where you belong.

Jerrick realizes that he has been wringing his hands in fury. With a single tear streaming down his face. His face becomes firm and his mind stoic when Phinneas says,
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:00 pm b] A slight sense of excitement is in his voice. "I think he just said we are leaving Earth! Did you hear that Jerrick?! Leaving Earth!!"
“Yes Phinneas, I did. We have preparations to make. We have a job to do and this guy will not find himself.” He stands up and leaves the room to go prepare his gear and TW Water and Food purifier for travel.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 0735 (07:35AM), Merctown, Late June
The Creator takes his usual stance of silence as he is bombarded, Amber can see on the holghram he seems to take a drink of something amid her spiel. Amber also notices Eight moves its head slightly and looks at Phinneas and Jerrick, although does nothing else and the change is so slight, no one else sees it. Amber's gut drops as Susan pointedly addresses the mission parameters, although she recovers quickly and the entire time, the Creator seems amused. Once the questions cease, he nods. "As per the usual, Eight will be able to provide to exact details to the mission as well as provide immediate reference to the locations." He says rather dismissively, pausing for a good long moment before continuing.

"As too the device itself; it is an untested alien technology that I have successfully reverse engineered and put into action as a workable prototype. It does not give off lethal radiation; the tunnel it creates is specifically designed for safe passage. You only need a reflective surface big enough for the tunnel you need, and to be able to modify its settings. Currently those settings are locked down and believe me when I say even the fable Intelligence of the hills would struggle with its encryption. Right now, the limit is one 10x10 tunnel per day and there is no changing that. This give you a window, each tunnel remains active for one day. It is the safety measure I mentioned. I will not go into its operation, nor its functionality; neither are your purpose. It is safe for you to use and transport." The Creator explains about the safety and use of the device. "As to its handling, leave that entirely to Eight. No questions." He states firmly.
Amber wrote:"I would be remiss if I did not ask what our remuneration for this job would be."
The Creator leans forward in his seat so that the light in his eyes shines a bit more through the hologram. "Immediate release from my contract with a written clause that you will never hear from me or anyone associated to me again, and a ten million credit pay out. And as a bonus, after handing the employee over to me and being paid, you will be able to safely witness Eight Self-Destruct." The Creator says stoically. When he does, Amber notices Eight's head move from Jerrick and Phinneas and looks towards the projected image of the Creator. The android simply nods its head in acknowledgement.

The image of the Creator leans back and it is another pause until the Creator speaks again. "So, do you accept the terms of the mission?"

What are you doing?
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: 1d100<46: [64] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [75] = 75
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [73] = 73

Underguard wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 0735 (07:35AM), Merctown, Late June
The Creator leans forward in his seat so that the light in his eyes shines a bit more through the hologram. "Immediate release from my contract with a written clause that you will never hear from me or anyone associated to me again, and a ten million credit pay out. And as a bonus, after handing the employee over to me and being paid, you will be able to safely witness Eight Self-Destruct." The Creator says stoically. When he does, Amber notices Eight's head move from Jerrick and Phinneas and looks towards the projected image of the Creator. The android simply nods its head in acknowledgement.
Jerrick stops dead in his tracks. He turns around slowly, "Did you just say 10 million credits!?!?" His mouth is agape. "That is life changing!! Granted, it probably means you expect us to die one way or the other, but f**ck me that is worth the risk!! I'm in, and Amber you name the equipment and if I can I will carry it." He looks at the Creator's visage. "As for you, you enigmatic puppet master, consider your man captured and delivered in one piece, or at most 4 pieces, but alive." He looks at Eight,"You are gonna wish you sold me that SMG you bucket of bolts." He looks at Susan and Amber. "You guys dot the 'i's' and cross the 't's'. I am going to write my family in regards to what will likely be my inevitable death and schedule it to send in a 3 months if I don't stop it. Then I am going to get packed." He then exits the room with a sense of urgency.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 0745 (07:45AM), Merctown, Late June
Amber finds herself reluctantly agreeing to the Naruni after the gusto of the two newest members. The hologram with the Creator disconnects abruptly and Eight turns to Amber directly with a nod. "Of course. Please see this." Eight will project an image of a Uteni. "Reka Ola; Senior Researcher Naruni Weapons Division; over thirty years of service. He has no magic or noted mental abilities, however he is an adept with technologies and sciences should be considered armed and dangerous." The image flips to a small, book-sized technological box with a series of buttons and a screen on one side, and shows an odd mounting device. "The prototype; MWM-A. If you come in contact with this device, press this button and the device will enter a standby or deactivated state. If this device is attached to a surface, it requires a code to remove or that surface be broken." Eight explains, not really going any further about the device. The image of the device flips to the image of a planet.

"Habitat V-23; an unoccupied world charted by Naruni after coming into ownership of the neighboring star system. V-23 has only ever been used as a dumping ground, which is likely why Ola has hidden there. The residual radiation will be fairly high, obscuring some technical sensors. Also, prolonged exposure can lead to sickness. Within the dumping grounds of V-23 are countless failed, discontinued or forgotten projects. " Eight explains. "The radiation level is not so harmful you need full environmental suits, but it is recommended unless you can stomach the stench. V-23 is home to various documented natural predators that are no threat; there are no docuemnted sentient life; no documented supernatural life. A thorough review of the planet was made before choosing it as a dumping ground. We do not need to worry about collateral damage while there."

"Right now, we know he is on V-23, just not where. Upon arrival, we will have 24 hours to locate him, or else we risk him jumping to another location. Right now, he thinks he can hide there and make a plan or try using some of the dumped technologies against us. The moment he sees us, he will retreat and we will need to chase him to another dimension. If we do that, I will not have any prior knowledge of the area." Eight will continue.

"The mission is to capture both Reka Ola and the MWM-A and return them to the Creator. Our priority target is the MWM-A; once we have that, and it is safely in our hands again, you will be considered fulfilled." Eight finishes and will field any remaining questions. When no further questions, Eight finishes. "There is a flight that leaves for Manoa in two days. There will be transport to the facility from there, and there will be room for what vehicles you choose to bring."

With that, Eight will return to his spot by the front door and the GIRLS have two days to plan.

What are you doing?
GM Note: Next GM post fast forwards to launch day, so get your deviant planning and cross-roleplay in :P
Jerrick Vincent

Amber Dach wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm She finishes addressing the GIRLS by saying, “If you have any other ideas, let’s hear them.”
Jerrick walks in right as Amber finishes the question. He is obviously packed and ready to go. He says, “I can help with intel, you intend to find an object that was once his and then use it to locate him, I assume. That is a solid plan. Even if Eight can’t point us to an object here, there is a decent chance we can find something on the planet like Phinneas suggested.” He sits down at the table. “With a picture I can get a birds eye view of whatever he is doing at any given moment, once every 24 hours. That should give us some intel and may give us insight into a way to take him alive.” He pauses. “I have never been off planet. I I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited at the prospect. Terrified but excited.” He leans back in the chair scans the room, and asks. “When we heading out?”
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: 1000 (10:00AM), Merctown, Late June
[Q&A]

Immediately after the briefing, everyone splits and goes to get ready or aid others in doing so. Amber asks clarification questions to Eight. "V-23 has sporadic Ley Line Activity and is classified as a satellite. It's size is approximately 40% of this planet, although its independent orbit, lack of life in the system and the natural radiation of the planet are the reasons it was chosen. Of that 40%, approximately 15% of the surface is a mixture of liquids and acids with the predominant liquid being Liquid Nitrogen; the water is unlivable so we only need be concerned with the land mass. The hard surface makes digging without specialized equipment impossible and the planet was flattened by Naruni ships before it became a dumping ground. The only places to hide are in the dumping sites. There are two main sites used; Site 1 is essentially a ship graveyard and takes up much of the land mass. Site 1 has several automated robo-walkers that demolish and melt down the ships; while they are not aggressive, they are programmed to see anything that lives a threat to Naruni, so we will need to be careful if we need to go there." Eight explains to Amber and anyone else listening. "Site 2 is much smaller but just as deadly. Site 2 consists of 49,142 storage containers each 30x10x10 called TEUs. Each of these containers holds a failed experiment of some sort. Further; we can expect a ship to fly over and discard something every 4-8 hours; with the natural radiation on the planet, they will not be able to detect life signs while flying. On the ground, everything will function except thermals, but there is a natural layer of radiation that is much stronger that blankets much of the planet; do not fly above 1,000ft under any circumstance without a vehicle with shields, that higher layer of radiation can eat through hyper-dense metals; even the star ships that are deposited lose some mass during the fall." Eight explains in full detail. He will also upload a holo of Reka Ola which to almost anyone looks like your run-of-the-mill Uteni however Amber is able to note a specific scar on the lower chin running down to the right, down the neck. It is so extremely faint that anyone else merely sees it as a line in the holographic image and dismisses it just as easily.

When asked about Reka Ola's projects, Eight pauses. "Technically, yes. Officially, no. All projects belong to their Patron, regardless of others who may be involved. For the duration of Ola's tenure, he was an employee to the Creator. However, the creator has 2 items in site 1; both decommissioned ships. He also has 11 TEUs at site 2. Each TEU is numbered; each grouping of numbers has a designated bloc in S2, within that bloc there is no order; so we will still need to search for them but we will not need to search all 49,000 TEUs. I do not have any details about the decoms." Eight explains. Eight glances between Analoy and Amber. "That would give Ola the advantage has he would know which projects were his and which ones weren't. We do not have that information." Eight states.

Once the Q&A is done, Eight will return to the door and/or aid as requested. Everyone else is free to finalize their preparations and go complete last minute errands.

[Susan - And anyone else who goes out to go shopping.]

After the Q&A, Susan (and whoever is Co.) leave with two things in mind; mission prep and talking to Sharee and Brooks. Susan can elect to go shopping before or after meeting with the duo, but at some point makes her way to their crib when she is confident Eight is confirmed to be still at the Hangar. When Susan gets there, she is immediately greeted by an old-style handgun held by a partially injured Sharee. She drops the gun with a grunt and half smile and waves Susan in, shutting the door behind her/them. "Superficial." Sharee mutters if Susan tries to tend to, or ask her if she's okay. Sharee will instead lead Susan to the second room where a much more injured Brooks is laying in makeshift bandages. "He won't let me take him to the hospital." Sharee says quietly to Susan but before Susan would even be able to reply, Brooks grunts.

"Hey. We found something you can use to nail this Naruni-freak. Ha. Erm.." He starts coughing and Susan (and Co.) will see small specs of blood in his hand until his cough dies down. "Damn it. Here." He will hand Susan a data-pad and when she looks at it, she will see an image that resembles Eight, maybe less sleek, with various number IDs. Changing pages opens up a partially redacted system specifications for what appears to be a line of robot models. "It doesn't have everything. But if you study that, its a treasure trove. Might be the first step to bringing down his entire fucking regime." Brooks says through a cough, clutching his abdomen.

If inspected, it is revealed Brooks has two clean and through puncture wounds, one in his lower abdomen one near his heart. Susan's cursory analysis would suggest Brooks was attacked, left for dead and saved barely. Each wound, on the front and back of his body, has been cauterized making gauging internal damage impossible without a more thorough investigation.

GM Note: This is not launch day; Launch Day post will be whenever the Brooksies and Prep is done. So probably next week depending.

What are you doing?
  1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [69] = 69
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [42] = 42
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [85] = 85
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:28 am When Jerrick returns, Phinneas will try to sneak up on him.
Prowl 55%-5%= 50% | 1d100: [36] = 36
Jerrick walks back into HQ after collecting a number of travel snacks. Jerky, trail mix and of course rice krispy treats. Hard work needs hard snack options. Calories will keep is healthy and focused.. He sets the sack on the counter when Phinneas sneaks up on him and taps him on the shoulder. He jumps throwing the sack into the air. For F$$k’s sake Phinneas. “That isn’t funny” says Jerrick sternly. After a couple of seconds of looking serious, he smiles and says, “It’s hilarious, oh man you got me good. Oh look at you sporting new threads? . . . bolts? Well what ever you call new armor. I got the snacks. We will be stocked up and ready to die on full stomachs, or defying all odds and succeeding and becoming millionaires. Either way I am going be MercTowns most desirable bachelor. Or a very pretty corpse. Anywho I am going to go complete my packing and maybe we can get this show on the road.”
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: Early Afternoon, Merctown, Late June
[Hangar]

Eight will remain to answer any questions left to him, starting with Analoy to whom he nods. "That was going to be our entry point; however the Creator doesn't control exactly where we land. The entire system is automated and the authorization to access it is beyond even the Creator. Ideally, we are dropped near the other eleven TEUs. I will be able to identify them by number, but that requires physical inspection. The other option is to drop you between the two sites." Eight explains. Then turning to Amber. "Radios will work at half of their effective range, which is fine as we should not be spread that far apart on this planet anyways. I do not have floor plans as they were decommissioned and never made it to production phase; I will be able to access their systems if they have power, however. Even limited power would allow me to download a schematic." Eight begins. "Site 1 and 2 are not close. Think of the land mass as one continent with several smaller continents that have limited land mass. The sites are separated by roughly two hundred miles of barren land with pockets of liquid nitrogen lakes. Site 1 is much easier to access from any angle, whereas the Site 2 has main drop points and no ground access. We will need to hop its containment fence when and if we need to go to Site 1." Eight explains and will also provide a medical profile of the Uteni (see RCC).

Once questioning is done, the rest of those at the Hangar split off with Amber heading off to do some meditation, trying her best to get a glimpse, to shed light on the uncertainty of this mission. Her first session is met with an eerie silence in her mind. As Amber goes to get up and ready for another meditation attempt, she stumbles as she receives a
While exploring the TEUs, Amber sees the group falling back from a horde of mechanical droids. In a flash, Amber sees Susan almost overcome until Eight gets her free. Amber sees Susan running back as Eight slashes a few more. The image fades.
Another few attempts, refocusing and meditation sittings later, Amber feels another flash that appears a little
Amber and company are exploring one of the decommed spaceships at Site 1; Eight is not with the crew but the Uteni is. The flash fades
. Amber tries a few more times that day and on her final attempt before bed, nearly stumbles to the ground as she receives a
Amber sees a portal open on the bridge of one of the ships. The Uteni stands near it with the device and a weapon in hand. Eight attacks the Uteni out of nowhere and the two tumble through the portal. The image fades.

Phinneas returns from his shopping in his new drags and begins going above and beyond in testing its capabilities; starting first with an epically crazy break-dance (feel free to describe your dance). Then jumps up on the railing and immediately slips off and falls over the other side and lands comically on his face. Shaking it off, he jumps up and does a backflip and nails it with a stomp. Determined, Phinneas scavenges the hangar for a rope (and finds some excellent Nylon Rope in Analoy's area) that he goes to the roof of the hangar with. Phinneas rappels from the roof of the hangar with a form that would make the most stubborn military instructor proud, equally so at his climbing speed. Phinneas is quite pleased with his new armor, so much so, he readies an ambush for his fellow teammate.

[The Crib]

Susan appears to have gone alone and immediately chastises Brooks for not seeking black market help, which Sharee immediately exclaims. "SEE! Even She says it! Dimwit." Sharee snorts and walks away from Brooks who mutters something but shrugs as Susan patches him up to where he can move a little more.

"There's a copy at the bank, one in my hovercar, one on that counter." Sharee answers, almost mockingly sarcastic towards Brooks, walking past again with some water for Brooks and a drink for the two adults. "But we wanted you to have one, and couldn't trust it to just be left somewhere. Hand to hand, sort of thing." Sharee adds as she sits across from Brooks and the two listen to Susan's brief about their next mission.

"Honestly haven't heard from them in a while but that explains why. I'll leave a message at our normal drop point he insisted would always be able to reach him; but no promises." Brooks says with a shrug before shaking his head and reaching past his water to Sharee's drink. "Scientists. Alien Scientists to boot. Ugh" Brooks sighs, shaking his head as Sharee slaps him haphazardly.

"What do you think she is?" Sharee mocks Brooks, swiping the drink from him.

Susan can elect to hang out with them for a little longer, but won't receive any further information without studying the datapad.

What are you doing?
  1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [68] = 68
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [21] = 21
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [69] = 69

Jerrick listens to Ambers vision. He contemplates for a moment. “ Then to the surprise of everyone he says something relevant and insightful. “Amber, I have some experience with Precogs, and I do not envy your ability. It is more a curse than a blessing, because it raises so many problems and obstacles to action. For you to see these visions means that at some point these things happen, for if we change them the visions would not exist. Even if you believe in multiverse theory then the the visions are simply a vision of another universe then they are useless because we don’t know enough about that universe’s events that brought about those visions. Any changes we make to our planning now may be what leads to those events, as can changing nothing. As much as I really want to know what these visions mean, they only show us one thing. This will be one of the most difficult challenges we have and possibly ever will undertake. We will need to be on our A game if we are to survive, let alone succeed. I think it would be understandable if everyone in this room was feeling a hole of their gut telling them to abandon this task. However my gut tells me that our differences and diverse skills are exactly what is needed to succeed, we just have to be as strategic as possible in the application of those skills. And Phinneas your break dancing skills are on point.” He then sits down and stares ahead in contemplation.
Jerrick Vincent

ROLLS CARRIED OVER
Analoy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:03 pm Analoy looks over to Jerrick, "Aren't you just the sweetest thing. Assuming this is the hardest thing we've ever done." She gives the man a smile and looks back to Amber, "We're gonna do what we're gonna do. The only vision that concerns me is that last one. Means we lose Reka and the device. Means we also don't get paid or we're going through the looking glass too."
"Well if it isn't the hardest thing you have ever done, then we should feel better about the situation. Should be Old Hat for you guys. That is a good thing."
Analoy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:03 pm Analoy tips her head back and forth for a moment as she thinks over the plan, "So we drop in on a TEU container. Slip out of it and start looking around to locate The Creator's other TEU's and hope the Reka is using one of them. Ah, the fun of a good game of hide and seek." She starts picking at her nails, A wee bit over simplified but with so many variables it works.

She looks around at the others, "When we're done here, I think I'm going over to the Naruni store and having a force field added to the armor I'm bringing. Anyone is welcome to come with."
Those hordes in the vision looked like they could use some thinning. "I need some grenades for back up to my magic. Looks like we may need to be able to do some crowd thinning."
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: Early Afternoon, Merctown, Late June
[Hangar]

"Each Site's Containment Field is separated by large pylons which generate a field of energy inbetween them that extends above. Our egress will be at any one of the pylons. Each are designed to allow access for Naruni personnel with the right codes for maintenance. No installed security in Site 2; Site 1 has the Robo-Walkers which can bring down cruisers by themselves however they are not designed to hunt down ground threats." Eight outlines the powerful but limited security on the planet. Eight listens to Amber's question and nods. "Correct; the Robo-Walkers are the only authorized autonomous presence." Eight confirms and then listens to the description. "I do not have records on that specific project, but they appear similar to a model the Creator is prototyping. It is possible these are an early incarnation. Reka Ola was a Robotics Lead, instrumental in some of my own earlier iterations." Eight explains. When Amber leaves Eight, Eight doesn't move to follow or anything.

Amber, Analoy, Jerrick and Phinneas are able to meet in relative security inside the Hangar and then head out to do more shopping before leaving.

[Crib]

Susan kicks back after giving Brooks some basic but overcharged medical attention and then starts reading the datapad. Most of it is in an alien language she's never seen on Earth before however there are a fair amount of diagrams that she can partially decipher. It appears as mechanical blueprints to various projects with fairly detailed information but currently impossible to read. As Susan scans through it, she sees a similar image to Eight titled "HK-001" to "HK-004" that shows various models of this android.

Susan's attention is suddenly distracted as she hears a loud knock on the door to the crib that makes Sharee next to her jump and Brooks instinctually reach for his weapon. Susan sees Brooks do the 'kill it' motion as Sharee mouths 'No one's home.' To the door. Another minute, there is another repeated knock.

What are you doing?
  1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [91] = 91
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [99] = 99
Underguard wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:58 am
[Hangar]

"Each Site's Containment Field is separated by large pylons which generate a field of energy in between them that extends above. Our egress will be at any one of the pylons. Each are designed to allow access for Naruni personnel with the right codes for maintenance. No installed security in Site 2; Site 1 has the Robo-Walkers which can bring down cruisers by themselves however they are not designed to hunt down ground threats." Eight outlines the powerful but limited security on the planet. Eight listens to Amber's question and nods. "Correct; the Robo-Walkers are the only authorized autonomous presence." Eight confirms and then listens to the description. "I do not have records on that specific project, but they appear similar to a model the Creator is prototyping. It is possible these are an early incarnation. Reka Ola was a Robotics Lead, instrumental in some of my own earlier iterations." Eight explains. When Amber leaves Eight, Eight doesn't move to follow or anything.
"So we can hack into personnel files. That offers opportunities for gathering important data. The Robo-Walkers sound terrifying. The best course of action may be to find this Reka Ola and find out how to remove them from the equation, or maybe even take control of them."

Underguard wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:58 am Amber, Analoy, Jerrick and Phinneas are able to meet in relative security inside the Hangar and then head out to do more shopping before leaving.
Jerrick runs to the Northern Gun Retailer and stocks up on grenades. These with my spells may offer me the ability to handle swathes of enemies while the others focus on the target.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: Mid Afternoon, Merctown, Late June
The rest of the GIRLS go about their day, shopping, scheming or otherwise preparing to depart. Susan looks to Sharee and Brooks for another way out and Brooks winces while Sharee gives a half-smile as she shakes her head. Susan can look around the apartment and finds most of the windows to be tempered and small, designed to let natural light in but not see in or out. Due to the congestions of Merctown, the design makes sense but really doesn't help when needing a backdoor.

A third knock jolts Susan back to the door and then is followed by silence. Susan can hear rustling and movement behind the door and then, moments later, it implodes. The entire door just lurches off its hinges inside the apartment and three blue and black armored individuals storm the room. "DOWN! ON THE GROUND! MOVE! HANDS VISIBLE!" The first one that sees them shouts in a loud bark. Susan immediately identifies them as Defenders, but is forced to cooperate. The trio sit for a few minutes with a pair of armed Defenders next to them as Susan sees a familiar face walk in, Sgt Harrison.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Harrison asks and, after being told something, goes on to add. "We got a tip this was a drop point." Harrison states, but won't go into detail about it. After that, she takes Susan to the side, away from Brooks, Sharee and the other defenders.

"Keep a low profile. Things are happening in high places right now. Money is moving. Hush money. Enough to bury this case. Make sure you don't get buried with it." Harrison warns and will then release the trio. She looks to the two armed defenders in the room, then to Susan. "We've got to call in this abandoned apartment we found." She states, her gaze returning to her companions who only offer a curt nod.

Susan is free to return to the hangar, though Sharee and Brooks both tag along.

Back at the hangar, things have been relatively quiet. Phinneas is sure there was a moment where he couldn't find Eight anywhere in the hangar for a couple minutes, not that the crazy was looking, that'd be crazy. When Phinneas finishes his search and ends up back at the main area, he finds Eight just standing there. Analoy has a similar circumstance with Eight, however as far as both Amber and Jerrick are concerned, Eight never moved.

Next post kicks mission off. I'll finalize shopping this week before that.

What are you doing?

1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
Jerrick Vincent

Perception: is 46% / 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [71] = 71
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [48] = 48

Jerrick gets his gear loaded and ready to go for departure long before the actual departure. He has actually never thrown a grenade before. He finds a few baseballs at one of the general goods stores. In the training area he tapes off a square and attempts get the baseball
inside the square.
Overhand Throw: d20+5: [10]+5 = 15
He hits the target but is very frustrated because it rolls out of the square before it would normally detonate. He thinks he should wait longer to throw but fears the heat of battle is not the place to try and meticulously count the seconds. He decides it best to try and adjust his throw. He tries an underhanded arced throw with backspin to try to plant it in the square.
Underhand Throw with Backspin: d20+5: [20]+5 = 25
The second throw has just the right momentum forward and backspin to compensate. He plants the grenade a foot past center and it rolls back to dead center on his first throw. I have the formula. After trying several times with varying levels of success, he switches to rolling the grenade.
Rolling the Grenade: d20+5: [16]+5 = 21
He is able to get them into the square pretty consistently. He puts the balls into his locker confident that he is as prepared as he can be in the short time he has. He walks out seeing Phinneas and Amber. He says, ”Guess who has two thumbs and is a bonafide Grenadier? This guy!” he says confidently with two thumbs pointing back at him. “What is the sitrep? We ready to go?”
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: Mid Afternoon, Merctown, Late June
[Leave it to a Crazy...]

Phinneas quickly learns while investigating Eight's disappearances that the android seems to have taken up many random tasks; such as cleaning the hangar, running errands (unless deemed not too). Though, the crazy might be right to mistrust the android. Unfortunately the android smells exactly like what an android would, cold metal and has no other smell to it. Jerrick meanwhile has some fun with Amber seemingly enjoying the show of enthusiasm, the newly donned knight taking stock and dealing with some last minute paranoia and enthusiasm, the paranoia moreso.

While Analoy is inbetween bites of her sandwich, she blurts out a question to the android as Eight enters the Kitchen to organize something. "I have no wants. Though I do know I enjoy being as I am, so I will answer no." Eight answers, looking up from something to Analoy, then leaving the room. If followed, it seems to walk the hangar before returning to the front, unless stopped.

During Eight's brief walk and talk with Analoy, Phinnieas decides to double check everything going to Manoa with a high degree of scrutiny, specifically looking for explosives. Phinneas can almost hear Mr. Boom Boom speaking to him while he looks. Phinneas can confidently say that he found no explosives in the gear, nor anywhere else in the building. Phinneas is still locked on what Eight was doing, and its bothering the Crazy a lot that he doesn't know. Even a Crazy knows not to get in bed with the Naruni.

When Phinneas finally calms down, he returns to find Eight back at its usual spot. "I do not hold a grudge. Your mistrust is understandable." Eight answers. Phinneas stands, for the first time ever, within arms reach of Eight, willingly. Phinneas attempts to pat the android on the back and leave a plasma warhead of some sort attached there. A valiant effort is made by the Crazy, who works Eight over a little through conversation and sorta sneakiness.

When Phinneas's hand is about to make contact with Eight's back, the android deftly steps out of the way take the explosive and attempts to grapple Phinneas's arm, holding the explosive out. Phinneas stops Eight from taking the explosive out of his hand, but can't immediately break free of the superior robotic strength."Unnecessary. You understand I am assigned to you, but I belong to the Naruni who employs you. Your success is my success." Eight answers while grappled with Phinneas. "However I will defend myself." Eight finishes.

Phinnease finds his arm release, explosive still in hand, and Eight now standing like the android is ready for combat.

What are you doing?

1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 00h:05m
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -15*C (5*F), dry cold. Random gusts between 10-20mph)
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Nexus or LL activity at all, but ambient energy feels like a LL Storm came through recently
[Off to Neverland]

In the last few hours before the mission was set to begin, Amber takes time to find tranquility until she returns to the hangar to find that Phinneias goes blind for a solid minute from a self-imposed blindness. Amber reacts immediately with Analoy quickly coming to the side, though by the time Analoy rounds the corner, Phinneas is fine and questioning those about what happened.

Those moments are far from the last events that seem the shuffle into the final hours before the GIRLS mission. Jerrick receives an urgent call and leaves with little explanation, just promising to be back by mission start. This leaves Amber and the others rightly confused but a few hours later, Jerrick returns with a scarred man in a buzz cut and slinging a pulse rifle in glasses. Jerrick apologetically explains to Amber he has to leave due to family issues, but knew a solid person who could fill in for him, no questions asked. With that, Jerrick hurriedly departs, grabbing his backpack and quick gear but surprisingly leaving his rocketcycle, the mystic only saying he had other means to get where he needed to go. Praxis and company have a few hours to get fully acquainted with Eight being inquisitive of the new addition, asking Praxis many questions about what he may bring to the group, among other things.

The moment of the mission arrives and the crew are on the tarmac, they board and take off. This trip down to the southern continent a little more direct now that the Creator's facility is online and operational again. There is no lag time in Manoa or any surrounding areas as the crew is being flown into a hangar they didn't know existed inside the jungle complex. For a few in the group, the trip through the facility is jarring familiar yet different.

They leave the hangar and are escorted by a pair of Repo-bots down the hallway from the hangar, guided past a hallway with alien writing on it and towards what looks like a circular elevator. After being motioned to stand inside the center, a bright light wisks everyone away and everyone finds themselves in a far more familiar area. When this door opens, a familiar hallway design is seen, there are even some dented wall panels that haven't been replaced yet on the path to the main room, though most of the damage has been taken care of.

Inside the main room, everyone finds the center sphere vibrating at a near deafening frequency, moving so fast the arms appear as but a blur to even the sharpest eye. At ground level, beneath the blue is a growing tear that simply exists, growing larger. A uteni approaches the group and ushers them to the platform where they can watch the technological interdimensional gateway form a true rift as any dimensional magic would have.

The crew step through and find themselves on what can only be considered a hellscape. The planet's sky is a dark green with flashes of brighter green and yellow colors in all directions. Green arcs of lightning seem to dance across the sky in unison with the flashes. The ground below is flattened and barren, the day is dark, though there is no telling what time it is on the local planet or its night cycle. Everyone notes that their sensor systems seem flooded and hazy but still functional. The horizon is not visible and just appears as a sea of black peppered with green and yellow flashes. The sound of ground shaking thunder echoing around them a few seconds after each flash in the sky.

"Site 1 is approximately ten kilometers north, northwest of us. Site 2 is approximately three kilometers east, northeast of us. Site 2 is closer, and probably easier to search." Eight advises. "We will need to enter through the closest pylon, and try to avoid any automated systems in place until I can access a control terminal." Eight finishes.

GM Note: You are now on another planet. Act accordingly :) You may choose which location to visit first. Post what vehicle or mode of transportation you are using, and what the marching order is.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 01h:30m
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -15*C (5*F), dry cold. Random gusts between 10-20mph)
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Nexus or LL activity at all, but ambient energy feels like a LL Storm came through recently
[The Wastelands]

The planet they now occupy is obviously scarred, the soil they stand on hardened to a point that even fine machinery would have trouble digging trough it. Battered with impact and radiation, there is a good chance this planet once actually had life but catastrophic explosions leveled it. What remains is a husk of a planet used as a dumping ground. The crew make their way to Site 2 at best speed possible, across the wastes.

The pylons are visible from even this far out. Each Pylon stands easily several thousand feet high and they circle Site 2. In between each Pylon is a radiating white energy barrier forming the fence with the energy field spanning the entire height, from pylon to pylon. "Under no circumstance should you approach the energy field." Eight reminds the team.

Analoy finds navigation to be a bit of a challenge on this planet. With the soil so hardened it leaves no tracks however dead reckoning is easy, at least for Site 2. Analoy is able to track their progress and while she does, the Maxi-man feels a growing concern over the idleness of the wastelands but beyond that, there is no concealed ground or chock points besides the pylons themselves.

Amber immediately gets a sense for the dimension they occupy; a planet in the Three Galaxies. Where, exactly, she can't be sure. She finds that whenever she uses her radio, there is static feedback that overpowers most of whatever she tries to say and beyond a certain distance it becomes more and more challenging to understand anyone. Telepathy or straight voice is the best path. Closer to Site 2, Amber starts senses the after effects of a Ley Line Storm, however there is no ley line or nexus anywhere in site.

Fortunately, the travel through the wastelands is otherwise uneventful, though the crew make sure to cautiously approach Site 2. Eight leads them towards the base of one of the pylons; each of which seem as large as a shopping center if not larger, spanning several hundred meters in length and width. It is made of a robust metal that is as solid as rock to the touch. There is a single ladder at the base of the pylon that Eight leads everyone too.

"We will need to climb several hundred feet up too the access door. The ladder chute is protected, but it will still get windy. The door is behind the chute, we cannot fly up and access it and the wind and radiation prevent flying that high. Secure any vehicles, we can return for them before heading to Site 1." Eight explains and will then start climbing the ladder. Everyone is able to follow suit, the ladder chute making even those without experience climbing able to climb. Though when everyone is four hundred feet up with a simple iron-bar chute to your back, and your allies above and below you and nothing else, some hearts might start to flutter.

Eight eventually leads them to a service hatch on the side of the pylon that Eight is able to open. Leading everyone into a dark room which can be illuminated with floodlights to reveal a single computer station, another door on the other side of the room, and some alien writing. Eight walks over to the computer station. "I can gain access through here. Understand that while I can get us inside, any defenses in place I may or may not be able to influence, so stealth should be key. When I open this door, it will lead to a maintenance frame of the pylon that will allow us to move through its entire spine. Including getting to the other side. There are automated maintenance drones but they are not programmed for combat or interaction. As long as we are not a threat and stay out of their way, our presence should go unnoticed." Eight continues explaining as the door suddenly whizzes open.

"This way." Eight says.

True to Eight's description, the next room is the skeleton of the pylon, with tubbing and framework spanning as far as the eye can see. Analoy and Amber both see several maintenance robots that look like stripped down Repo-Bots moving at various levels of the framework and Eight points them to a direction.

GM Note: You now have a choice. To sneak or not to sneak. I require 3 climbing rolls and 3 prowl rolls if attempting to sneak through the area without disrupting drones. Or combat rolls to blow through them all.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 03h:10m
"I would discourage it; they would be able to detect it, whether they perceived it as a threat is unknown. These drones are stripped of all but the most basic subroutines, they are simple intelligences. The weapons they have would be no match for anything we carry. However, fighting or becoming a threat to them does alert the rest of the system. An alert would trigger a corporate investigation, and those have no time table; a response could be within hours or months." Eight explains, but points out along the catwalk. "However, the pylon has several main ladder-ways that span the length of the pylon, connecting the various access points. As long as we avoid the drones when they use the ladders, we can descend straight down." Eight finishes.

The group begins their navigation of the pylon and avoiding the maintenance bots instead of outright engaging them. Eight leads them down a large grated catwalk that spans several other directions, each connecting to different structural points. In the center of the pylon is a large, enclosed generator that goes the length of the pylon. Those of the group who look up can see constant electrical charges being pulled from the central generator towards either side of the pylon. The railing is minimal on the catwalks since all of the workers are automatons, leaving most of the GIRLS more comfortable closer to the center of the walkway. They eventually find a central descent ladder that is protected by a chute near each catwalk but completely expose for several dozen feet between them. This ladder also goes up the length of the pylon. The group needs to go several hundred feet down, and this ladder can get them there. It is the main causeway for the simple drones doing menial tasks as well.

Praxis goes first and his foot slips almost immediately, causing him to almost get stuck in the chute until he can unhook his foot from the ladder. Everyone else gracefully glides on by comparison and the descent begins. When the chute disappears and everyone is completely exposed to just possibly falling several hundred feet, a butterfly may stir and the desire to hug the ladder a little tighter increases to those without flight. About a hundred feet down, entering the next chute, Praxis doesn't see the maintenance drone that begins climbing on the ladder and the two collide, causing the maintenance drone to be lodged in the chute and as Phinneas tries moving around, he nearly rolls on the outside of the chute but is able to catch himself.

Analoy, Amber and Eight are all having far less trouble, though Susan has yet to start climbing down, possibly content to wait at the top? In an attempt to unstuck himself and the maintenance drone in the chute, Praxis is able to kick the maintenance drone and send it free falling as he regains his control and continues his descent.

The group is able to see bottom and a pair of maintenance drones that seem to be ascending the ladder, though there are still several levels between them and the drones so the group splits off to let them continue upwards. Praxis nearly bumps into one of the drones while Phinneas almost trips back down the chute before stumbling back away. True to Eight's description, both of them simply climb past the team. The team is then able to finish their descent without any more scares.

At the bottom, another pair of drones are seen carrying away the husk of the drone Praxis shoved through the chute. If the drones see the team, they don't react and Eight leads them on. "This is the main level; no catwalks but a lot more drones. The main generator access is only on this level, however it is operated by what could be considered advanced drones; more firepower and logical processing power but still simple intelligences. We should avoid them, they can identify that we do not belong here unlike the simpler drones." Eight explains, leading the group around the generator hub which is large enough that you can either walk along the edge of the structure, or through it as it takes up more than half the ground space. Amber is the only one that spots one of the advanced drones, and it seems a lot closer to what Repo-Bots look like now, still less armor and weapons but it looks considerably tougher than the simple drones.

Though the group is less than stealthy, they soon find that the drones probably couldn't care less about them. Walking around the drones and avoiding their direct walk path proves to be the easiest method of travel, though both Praxis and Graves crash into each other while avoiding a different drone. Amber ducts her own drone and trips into the three of them, making for a rather odd pile of people on the ground for a second. When the trio get up from their collision, they each see that the drone they intended to dodge has stopped and is looking at them, though doing nothing else.

"They are not hostile yet, calmly move past them." Eight warns. There are several other drones that are moving around further out, and Amber spots one of the Advanced Drones marching towards their location.

What are you doing?

Map.png

Amber:
Analoy:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Praxis:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 03h:30m
Amber quickly warns the group of the advancing sentry and Eight attempts to usher everyone along. Praxis and Phinneas both stumble to get up but are able to use each other to stand without accidentally bumping any of the three drones surrounding them which are facelessly staring at them. As they stand and start to move past the drones, the drones turn and follow but do not stop anyone as they move. Quickly and as quietly as possible, the team moves away from the three drones that seem to be following the team at a slow pace. Everyone can see the sentry drone by this point as it rounds a corner as in standing where the trio collided. Susan can see that the sentry drone is following the other three that are following the team. As they move, everyone starts noticing the worker drones that were doing tasks autonomously are all stopping and turning to look at the team as they move past them. None of them are engaging, it is as if they are awaiting some form of command.

Fortunately, the team moves with inspired haste and makes it to the exit door quickly enough, the drones still following until Eight closes a security door behind the team and plugs into a nearby terminal. "Hold... uploading... The drones were on their alert condition; they recognized us as not belonging but did not have orders to engage. We will need to use a different pylon to exit the yard." Eight says and everyone hears a hissing sound from a door on the opposite room as it opens, revealing the interior of the connex graveyard. "It is easy to get lost in here, a city scape of metal containers filled with failed projects." Eight explains then turns to the group. "I should add, the Creator said I should not stop you should you choose to... explore. He has many rivals that use this dumping site, but exploring the failed projects can be dangerous. " Eight warns.

Eight can lead the group to the collection of containers that belong to the Creator, where the target is most likely hiding, or lead them to other container locations.

1. A rival that works exclusively on powered armors and vehicles has several connexes
2. A rival that works exclusively with robotics, cybernetics and bionics
3. A rival that specializes in weapons and munitions
4. A rival that specializes in the experimental and unethical technologies.
5. The location of the Creator's containers.

If you go to 1-4, roll investigative skill rolls to search/explore.

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:15m
Eight turns to the inquisitive Atlantean. "He does not care about any of the projects here, anything you find that you can take with you, you can keep. His fellow Creators, as he puts it, are extremely wasteful and leave behind working technology over a fault, there is a decent chance a good portion is salvageable." Eight answers. Amber would know the drones in the pylon were not the same that were attacking in the vision. Eight turns to the scientist next. "Genetic experimentation, bio-manipulation, synthesis between organic and synthetic." Eight answers in broad strokes. "The Creator tries not to delve into that realm beyond the need; it attracts unwanted attention." Eight explains

Though Phinneas isn't really keen on spending time wandering the connex graveyard, he is outvoted and the troop move towards eastern section, which ends up being a minor detour of couple connex blocs. They arrive at the line of connexes
and begin exploring.

Amber spearheads the search with Phinnieas giving it his best efforts even not wanting to be there. Phinneas can't find anything of value at first, but has a mental image in his mind of the path they have taken so far. The crazy likely being the last person to get lost on this nightmare planet. Amber, on the other hand, pries open a series of containers that house decomissioned Naruni armors and power armors. Most of them appear damaged, broken, or dismantled. The crew sifts through the collection of exoskeletal husks until Amber finds two power armors and a heavy EBA in mostly working order (half MDC Main Body). The two power armors both appear to be in working order without ammunition.

[The group finds]
[1] NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior
[1] MK-PA12 Mecha Knight
[1] NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor with Fiber-Optic Coating

After locating the suits and deciding what to do with them, Eight turns to Amber. "We remain uncompromised. We might be able to find more weapons, or I can lead you to the Creator's area?" Eight asks the group.

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:30m
While the team scours the armors they found, Phinneas the Crazy climbs like a spider across varying connexes, looking around and surveying the area. Phinneas is quickly able to scale the tower stack the GIRLS occupy and looks around. From this height, he can see down several connex lanes including the one leading to their target. It appears as if several containers in that area are opened, but Phinneas can see no movement and makes his way back down.

After a colorful conversation about the armors, the team splits into two directions to check two locations, then to converge on the target coordinates.

[How Unethical could Naruni be?]
Amber, Susan and Eight

It doesn't take this trio very long to reach the connexes in question, with Susan moving with an unusual zeal behind Eight. Eight leads them to a long double line of connexes with various hazard signs on them. Some of the locking mechanisms look like they'd need to be blown off, but others are completely open and simply sealed. Eight allows Susan and Amber to take the lead on the walk and the pair are able to find several unsecured connexes with hazard signs on them.

Susan pulls one of the containers open and finds it lined with cylindrical opaque glass pods, stacked and secured. Each of them have a sort of liquid within and some sort of shape though it is hard to tell without cracking one open. The writing is all alien to Susan but she is able to take images of it all. Moving to the next container, she finds it full of equipment that looks like it was used for the pods. All medical equipment and the geneticist in Susan recognizes viral equipment as well; advanced alien tech. Most of it is large equipment but some of it might be more compact. [Susan can find a box containing several alien looking hand-held devices]

Amber starts searching on the other line, and notes that Eight is keeping pace with both GIRLS while remaining in the center of the lane. Amber passes a couple of the more secured connexes and pops one open. This one is largely empty except for three metallic crates placed at least 5 feet apart from each other. As she nears the first crate, she gets an incredible pang of evil from within the crate, though no life, movement or anything. When she pops it open, she sees the frozen head of a vampire with it's eyes flared as if staring up at her. Amber's gut drops at the realization of what could be inside the other boxes and retreats out of the connex [If she investigates, she will find the torso of the same vampire in another crate, and all the limbs in the last, separated and cooled. It doesn't ping as being a vampire to her though, barring the obvious physical resemblance]. The sight of the vampire reminds her of the vampire that was being held in the other Naruni location and is almost enough to churn the lanteans stomach, and there were dozens more. But no target, yet.

[Do bombs expire?]
Analoy, Phinneas and Praxis

Analoy leads Praxis and Phinneas to go investigate what weapons Naruni would consider worthless... or worth enough to be stored. Analoy doesn't find any traps that lay in wait but the very first connex she opens is backed full with crates and an obvious explosive tagline. Unfortunately she, nor Praxis or Phinneas are able to read Naruni so cannot understand completely. However, popping the first lid reveals a crate packed to the brim NE-10G Grenades, the ones reinforced with K-Hex high-end explosive. Another crate is filled with K-Hex cubes. [100 K-Hex Cubes, 50 Grenades.] The trio can push deeper into the connex and find several more crates that are identical to the first too. Easily over a thousand cubes of K-Hex, 500 grenades, just collecting dust in this one connex.

Moving to the next, they find a connex racked with NE-TH05 Land Skimmer Mines. Each one has a red label in Naruni attached too it. [There are two dozen in this connex] Most of the connexes they see appear to be openable, and packed with some form of explosive and warning labels. There is a series of four connexes that seem to be more secured and would need concentrated effort to open [Praxis can open them by transforming and ripping off the locks, or explosives].

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:45m
[The Boom Crew]
Analoy, Praxis, and Phinneas

Phinneas begins to gleefully haul away his newfound crate of K-Hex away from the rest, the entire thing weighing roughly 250lbs, means the crazy can hoist it up and out with relative ease. Praxis moves to the secured container and quickly removes the armor and transforms, an act he finds quite annoying, though he is easily able to rip off the secured locks after he transforms. Inside the crate, Praxis finds stacks of a type of small robots that resembles large metal balls with various indents in the shell. Four by four rows, going all the way down the container. Analoy follows him and as they investigate the secured containers, Analoy activates a tattoo and suddenly the alien markings become far clearer to her. She reads "ROGUE IFF" "NO OS" and "CORRUPTED IDS". She can't tell what each of those mean immediately, but the markings themselves are worrisome.

Praxis remains continues to investigate the container as Analoy moves back to read some of the other labels around the site. She can see Phinneas practically dancing in a circle until he turns to her and pulls out the homemade detonator. Analoy can clearly see the warning on the box he is holding reads "CONTAMINATED" "HANDLE WITH CARE", though what exactly that means she can't be sure. Back inside the secured container, Praxis finds what looks like a command gauntlet inside a secured crate with more Naruni writing on it he can't read.
"EMERGENCY CONTROL ONLY - BYPASS OS" and "DO NOT DESTROY"
Praxis heads back out and starts suiting back up.

As Phinneas puts the detonator away, the crazy hears something down the alley way as he is picking back up the K-Hex container. Phinneas turns his head and ducks down in time for Analoy to watch a laser bolt barely glide past where the K-Hex box had been and impact the ground behind him. The two can duck for cover, and neither see the shooter. Analoy recognizes this type of area would be a sniper's dream if they could maintain the high ground, and the shot definitely came from a few dozen feet above, down the container line.

(You are not in combat, do not see a shooter, only one shot came by)
What are you doing?

[A moral dilemma]
Amber, Susan and Eight

Amber is rightly perturbed at the sight of the vampiric corpse and searches for signs of who or what might actually be contained, and while Amber can't read the alien dialect she can identify some key markings on the crate. Though it is unnamed, this is a Master Vampiric Corpse. The containers are keeping it in a state of complete stasis, each different container separated to further dilute its power, though Amber knows she is right. This vampire is still very much a threat, even in it's completely helpless state. She turns to find Eight in the middle of the alley and the android shakes its head. "No, this planet is a dead planet. No native life or water for centuries." Eight pauses at Amber's request and nods. "Project H24AM; the vampire is secured and not a threat, but as you wish. " Eight will remain where it is standing and watch the container as Amber finds Susan.

Susan has to stop her eyes from widening at the container she is searching, full of medical equipment and more she eagerly stuffs into her backpack. Susan decides against taking anything that looks like vials with actual liquid in them, but finds several alien devices that fit in her backpack that are safe, though she can't tell what any of them do by just looking at them. Amber soon joins her and together the two work through a moral dilemma for Amber, who feels an increasing pit in her stomach just knowing it's there. Resigning to leaving it contained versus potentially inhibit their mission, she moves back to Eight who nods at her request. "Of course, I can reseal the container. Please, stand by." It states and one of its arms seems to mold into a type of torch; Eight then begins welding the door from the top down. "Secured." Eight finishes and continues moving forward.

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update

Amber and Susan both decide to mush on to the RV point and go after the target, pointing to Eight to lead the way. Both of them hear an echo from somewhere further down, as if broadcasted from a loudspeaker. Amber can track the source of the outburst as the munitions area that the other GIRLS are currently investigating. It is somewhat south of the RV point and the suspected target location. Eight stops when the pair stop and looks in the same direction. Amber thinks hard on the outburst, it sounded like Phinneas. Eight leads them back to towards the munitions area.

You will arrive down the end of the alley that leads to Analoy, Phinneas and Praxis. Neither of you will see nor sense anyone else in the vicinity.

What are you doing?

Phinneas is met with silence after his outburst as he stares down the alleyway. Further down, Phinneas can't be sure, but he thinks he sees a head simply peak out of a closed container before ducking back inside. Phinneas also spots Amber, Susan and Eight's approach.

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:48m ~3
Combat Round: 1

Phinneas stands near the center of the alley, the crate behind him as he taunts the sniper into taking another shot. Amber, Susan and Eight take in the information and move to outflank the sniper from above. Eight adherer's to Amber's orders and is gone before Susan can amend them; she and Amber head up to the top of the container stacks [The stacks range between 4 to 6 containers high, so additional climbing will be required for free movement].

Praxis dismisses the explosives just as quickly as it took him to open the containers, much to the slight irritation of Analoy. Moving back out, still near the connex as Praxis suits up, Analoy can see the designation on the crate and shouts it out to Phinneas. It's then that everyone in the vicinity hears Susan's voice over loudspeaker calling for Reka Ola; her call is followed by the same ambient noise of the dead planet.

Praxis is the only one to see a small piece of metal that seems to just appear through the metal of one of the containers in the middle rows. Just as Praxis recognizes it as a barrel, he sees a blue flash and this time, the sniper hits their target. The container just behind Phinneas is struck, and there is a sudden series of explosions that rocks the containers around it as each contaminated cube detonates, sending several other cubes ignited like napalm before detonating in a larger radius. Amber and Susan watch in horror as the box that was right next to Phinneas erupts. Analoy barely has enough time to leap to the ground to avoid the explosions entirely while Praxis manages to only take minor damage from shrapnel [-20 MDC MB].

Phinneas is not so lucky, however and bears the full brunt of the explosion. The first explosion rips through his shield and blows him forward and on the ground about fifteen feet. Another explosion above him sends him rolling to the side and slamming against a closed container door. The right arm of his EBA is shattered and his hand is bleeding as he struggles to sit up, completely out of breathe and disoriented after the explosions. [Right arm of EBA destroyed. -16 personal SDC]

Phinneas blinks and doesn't know where he is, what he's doing. 'Why are my h-hands shaking... i-is that blood? N-No this can't be happening?! A soft and scared voice practically whimpers in fear, only Praxis can hear it and it does not sound like Phinneas. Phinneas blinks out again, as if fainting then suddenly is himself. Still disoriented he tries to stand only to feel himself get thrown against the wall. Praxis sees Phinneas stand and stumble over as another remnant explosion sets off a little ways down making him duck back down. GET UP! GIVE ME CONTROL! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU IF I HAVE TOO BUT THAT SNIPER DIES! Phinneas hears an angry voice crack out loud as his vision blacks out again and suddenly Phinneas leaps into action and pulls out the Mini-Missile Cannon and dumps both rounds down the alleyway without fear or care. The following explosions are several hundred feet down, fairly close to where Praxis saw the barrel, and sends several connex stacks toppling down. Phinneas laughs at the explosion until he stumbles backwards and returns to himself again, shaking his head as the headache vanishes and trying to make sense of what just happened.

Susan and Amber from above see a smoldering pile of wreckage below, and beyond that, see Phinneas, Praxis and Analoy. It's hard to make out anything else, but it's doubtful anyone could have weathered that unscathed. There target could well still be alive and buried, or long gone. Amber activates her Presence Sense and seems to pick up a sign of another dimensional being, but can't pin point it in the wreckage, but will relay such to Susan. Analoy and Praxis can both make it to Phinneas without anymore reoccurring explosions, there is also no following sniper fire.

Act as though in combat; what are you doing?

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Phinneas: 1 charge of FF depleted | -16 MDC to MB | Right arm of EBA destroyed | -16 personal SDC
Praxis: -20 MDC from MB
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:48m:15s 15 seconds have passed
Action Round: 2
Phinneas stands in the alleyway, still standing confused as he sees the toppled containers before him with Analoy and Praxis both moving past him. Praxis bellows out and lobs himself into the debris field searching for the sniper that was in the area while Analoy takes to the air to see a bit more. Susan and Amber move together on top the still standing containers. Susan and Analoy both see something moving in the debris field, but Analoy is the closest.

Analoy peers from above and sees a figure topple out of a container and fall several feet below. Analoy can tell that they are wounded. Analoy is able to catch up too and effectively corner them as they weakly crawl through the debris, though they are in a sleek black environmental armor. They hold out their hands frantically, their rifle nowhere in sight. "N-No!" And holds up a detonator. "S-stay back!" He exclaims to Analoy, waving it as Praxis, Susan and Amber arrive on scene (Note: He is speaking an alien language, only Analoy can currently understand him || Anyone with Sixth Sense feels their trigger at the sight of the detonator.). Phinneas would be last after collecting himself, though he starts feeling disoriented and his right hand begins to tingle (Roll a Save v Lethal Poison). Analoy notes a suspicious lack of external alarms following the explosions.

Act as though in combat (ie, 15 second posts); what are you doing?

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Phinneas: 1 charge of FF depleted | -16 MDC to MB | Right arm of EBA destroyed | -16 personal SDC
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:49m 15 seconds have passed
Not currently in combat sequence but in definite peril.
Phinneas attempts to call Eight to his location but before the android acknowledges the command, Amber rescinds it. A simple "Acknowledged." Is heard from Eight over the radio as Amber and Susan move in on Phinneas's location. Phinneas' still struggling in his own mind, blinks back to control after the new shard abandoned control. Susan and Amber are able to get there fairly quickly thanks to Amber and get Phinneas inside a container while they examine the exposure. Amber is able to do a quick diagnosis of the arm and determines it is too bad to treat here, radiation medicine will stem the exposure but unless he is treated professionally soon will lose the arm entirely. His right arm for the EBA is in pieces outside but Amber figures she can fashion an arm piece from one of the other suits if they get to it, but they'd need to move fast. Won't be fully functional but will be enclosed. Susan applies the anti-rad medicine to Phinneas who feels the headache lessen and his arm tingliness subdue a bit. [You have five minutes before the radiation has done irreparable damage to the arm. Two skill roll attempts will be needed to succeed.]

Below, Analoy and Praxis remain with the shooter. Analoy, growing suspicious of the lack of alarms looks down to the shooter. Hovering over him, he keeps the detonator in hand and clutches his side, falling to one side. "Reka." He groans to Analoy's question. Analoy translates additional dialogue for Praxis and as Analoy finishes saying Praxis's questions, Reka groans. "N-No. You w-work for Krea Torsyx-" He says until Analoy turns as she notices Eight standing besides Praxis. "I do not detect the device on him. No alarms. He sabotaged them. We must determine where he hid the device." Eight says simply to both Praxis and Analoy, ignoring Reka on the ground. Reka is visibly seen jumping and nearly cowering at the sight of the android, clutching the detonator like it's the only thing keeping him alive. Eight looks down at Reka finally then to Analoy and Praxis. "This is a ruse. Reka Ola is an adept psionic who has lived for several centuries. I suggest treating his wounds, which I suspect to be minor, then binding him to prevent his escape until we have the device. He can lead us to its location." Eight states, looking to Analoy for further guidance.

What are you doing?

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Phinneas: Timer: 5 minutes | 1 charge of FF depleted | -16 MDC to MB | Right arm of EBA destroyed | -16 personal SDC
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:52m
Amber calls for a Sitrep as she arrives on the scene with Susan to assess Phinneas. Analoy gives a brief sit rep while Susan tends to Phinneas. Susan is able to properly stave off any residual poisoning but the only way to do so is by amputation. It doesn't take the medical doctor long with the tools at hand to quickly cut the arm off and suture the wound. Phinneas notes he has a distinct lack of pain when his arm is removed, and still feels a tingling sensation in fingers he doesn't have... it's almost driving the crazy crazy. Susan notes the amputated arm has discolored blood and already appears to be wrinkling. Praxis laughs at his own neglect however he too starts feeling a growing sickness before a found the PA and jumped inside, be it luck, divine intervention, or his natural healing ability that saved him.

The crew talk as Reka is essentially watching, huddled at their feet, still holding the detonator in hand as he listens. Amber gives the order to contain Reka Ola while Praxis gives his suggestions, Eight seems to just be standing by waiting to move on, it's gaze shifting between the three. Analoy moves closer to assess Reka's injuries and neither she nor Praxis see as Reka grips Analoy's extended arm quickly, throwing her to the side as he quickly clicks the button. Analoy is able to roll against the throw enough to catch herself, Analoy's readiness allowed her one shot as Reka threw her, clipping the alien in the leg. She sees that Reka literally just jumps through a metal wall hopping out of sight as he says "I never go back. HE will face the Wrath!". Eight is already on the move and not waiting for orders, however Analoy and Praxis both lose sight of the android almost as quickly as he arrived. [Analoy/Praxis: Intelligence/Lore success would reveal Reka is likely using a Out-of-Phase Field Suit. Analoy can tell Reka was injured and not faking the injury; moving at half speed likely, used a burst of energy to trip her.]

Back with Phinneas, Susan and Amber, the trio hear a loud thud echo from the direction of the other half of the team. Susan and Amber are able to get Phinneas moving well enough as Phinneas asks about the detonator. All three of them hear a weird little metal on metal tinkering in a container several dozen feet away. It starts slowly as Susan is the first to see a metallic spider type robot crawl out of one of the nearby containers. It has six legs and three bulbs, two are smaller and appear to be moving around the middle bulb as one of the orb faces opens up, revealing six series of optics. Amber as a sudden surge of imminent danger (as does anyone else with Sixth Sense, again) as another crawler bot makes its way out and her vision suddenly starts to see realization. [Phinneas, Amber and Analoy have time to fly up before being fired upon or chased, the bots are a good hundred or so feet down. A successful Weapons Systems, Lore Dimensions or Trap/Mine reveals these as NE AP/ATM-5 "Crawler" Walking MLM] The trio also notice several other containers starting to move, their doors being pounded against from the inside, like something is trying to escape.

Everyone can hear Eight on the radio, "Get in the air, to a Pylon, leave the area. The Security-Bots will respond to this in type of outbreak! Those crawlers have no IFF. You must retreat. Uncontrolled detonations." Eight warns.

Sitrep: Analoy and Praxis are not in immediate danger. Reka is injuried and jumped through a container to escape after the order to contain him was given. Eight has vanished but is in pursuit.
Susan, Phinneas, Amber: Those Bots Analoy and Praxis found earlier have activated and begun crawling out of the open container.

What are you doing?

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Phinneas: Timer: 5 minutes | 1 charge of FF depleted | -16 MDC to MB | Right arm of EBA destroyed | -16 personal SDC
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:55m 3 minutes have passed
Phinneas strongly protests against splitting up and instead on tracking down Praxis and Analoy which doesn't turn out hard to do as Praxis flies into the air and fires at the closest one. Amber shows tremendous strength in being able to lift both Susan and Phinneas up in the air, the crazy able to see Praxis shooting at the crawlers. Analoy flies off and flanks Praxis and together the two are able to attract the attention of the crawlers as Amber carries the other two up in the air.

The Crawlers prove incredibly mobile, dodging the first two shots from Praxis however he hits his third and the following explosion throws several crawlers in different directions. The explosions seem to be about as powerful as a few k-hex blocks. Analoy's first shot jams up her weapon, though she is able to repair it by the time Praxis makes his first hit and causes the explosion. Analoy notes the Crawlers stopping and looking up directly at them before firing a two volleys of four at each of them. Analoy is able to dodge the incoming volley, however a pair of them hits Praxis square in the chest (-70 M.D.C. Main Body). The blast nearly knocks him out of the sky but he manages to maintain altitude and the he and Analoy catch up to Amber (who is still holding both Phinneas and Susan by the collars).

Eight flies up to Amber holding an unconscious and bloodied Reka Ola. "We must evacuate to Site 2." Eight states over the radio to everyone. As Eight flies up, Phinneas sees past him what appears to be a swarm of white locusts; security mechs from the closest pylon are closing in and far outnumber the group. Eight will then lead them all to the furthest pylon in the air as fast as the group can fly before darting down to land. Phinneas being able to see being the group as they fly notices that the security bots stop at the source of the explosions however at least some crawlers are tailing them in the distance. The group also hears several other explosions in the distance, likely the crawlers detonating on the security bots.

Eight lands on top of the nearest container to the pylon and turns to everyone. "We have little time; we can properly question him outside the security field." Eight states and lugs the unconscious alien over his shoulder. Analoy can tell that Reka has sustained several new injuries since he dived away and Eight chased after him.

What are you doing?
Figure you have less than five minutes before your location is discovered by either Crawlers or Bots
Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Praxis: -90 MDC from MB
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:56m 1 minute have passed
Eight nods to Amber's order and disarms Reka of all features; Eight creates a small pile of
Out of Phase Field
Spacer's Friend Multi-Tool
Multitool
A Phase Sword and Phase Beamer (pistol).
A pair of alien hand-held scanners.
and looks to Amber. "I don't recommend he be allowed to keep these." Eight states and then secures the bonds on the Uteni before looking to the Pylon. "Before any talk of interrogation, we must leave this area. This Pylon is likely the least guarded at the moment, but anything that sees us will be hostile. If we can make it out without alerting the sentries, we may avoid further pursuit." Eight advises before looking upon the crew. Eight seems to turn its head at Analoy's statement as if confused but doesn't respond with anything more than a nod.

What are you doing?
GM Note: I apologize for being unclear, you are still in Site 1. You have two paths, stealth or boom boom out of the area. You can't fly out due to the altitude, shield wall and radiation. ~4 minutes until your location is discovered.

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:57m 2 minute have passed
Combat Round: 1
After the GIRLS forge their plan, the point to Eight to lead the way and the android nods. Eight leads them down the containers to the base of the Pylon and inside the access point relatively quickly. There is no bot in sight yet though the sounds of explosions still echo, at lessening frequencies. The android is able to open the access point and leads the group inside the pylon. The interior of the room is dark but identical to the one they exited when leaving the first pylon, which stands to reason they have near identical layouts. Eight moves to the interior doorframe console and starts working to unlock it while the GIRLS stack up to move inside.

Amber and Analoy are on point of the door when it opens and they both have but an instant to react to the Security Drone that is standing on the otherside of the doorway. The drone looks at both GIRLS as they each fire. Both GIRLS hits the drone and it stumbles backwards. Praxis and Phinnieas both follow with a pelt, Praxis also missing though Phinnieas's hits. Eight lurches from behind with a formed blade on its right arm and stabs it through the head, forcing it to the ground.

Eight turns to the GIRLS. "Be ready, we will have to fight our way out now but they won't follow if we make it to the outside. Move as swiftly as you can." Eight warns and then quickly moves down the pathway with the GIRLS close in tow. Eight leads the GIRLS to the first series of ladders that they have to climb (or otherwise jet up). Amber can see the drones moving like ants, she knows they can't be swarmed.

What are you doing?
GM Note: The drones don't have ranged weapons like the Repo-Bots do, they have melee weapons. You have 1 combat rounds before the closet group of drones are in melee range of you; each group has four drones and you can see two groups closing in on you within ranged weapons reach. The Security bots are more Repo-like and but are few and in between. If you fly up it'll cut down the pylon time, but attract the security bots.

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:57m:30s 15 seconds have passed
Combat Round: 2
[Run and Gun]

The GIRLS heed Eight's warning and follow the android. Phinneas stays with Reka and draws his axe, ready to defend the unconscious alien even if he was only using one arm. Amber splits off with Praxis, Susan and Analoy to defend from the incoming attackers. Amber and Susan able to take down one of the two approaching groups and as Praxis and Analoy mow down the second group together, Praxis able to cut through three of them with Analoy capping off the fourth in a clean shot. Amber and Susan finish off their collection of drones without any getting within melee range. The last one falling within a dozen feet of the GIRLS. They each miss their share of shots but most of the GIRLS quickly recognize that with a bit of focused fire, the drones wouldn't be challenging at all unless they got swarmed.

Eight grips Reka and looks to the GIRLS. "Climb or Fly?" The Android asks and will then lead the GIRLS whichever direction is decided. Amber, Phinneas and Susan can count several more groups closing in that will be within melee range within seconds. If there is an organized fashion to their attacks, Amber can't infer what it may be and right now it seems like nothing more than swarm.

What are you doing?
GM Note: You have half a round, ie 7 seconds, before the next 3 groups of drones are within melee range, coming from the right, left and behind.

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:57m:45s 15 seconds have passed
Combat Round: 3
[Cat and Mouse]

The team circles up at the base of the chute and readies for the next wave, preparing to leap into the air. Amber lobs an electrical arc towards one of the drones that prompts it to stumble and fall behind it's pack, though doesn't drop it. Susan fires a pot shot and blasts one of the head's clean off, a bot falling to the floor as Susan notices a second bot was also partially damaged. Unfortunately, her second shot misses as Amber takes her in the air, firing another arc blast and missing as well.

Praxis leaps up immediately and fires a spray at one of the drones, his burst cutting through the stripped exoskeletal armor. As Praxis sways in the air, he catches a bot in the corner of his eye diving from above towards him and is able to strafe to the side as the bot crashes down on the ground below. Eight leaps up with Praxis, holding Reka. Praxis can see that Reka actually seems to be regaining consciousness as they begin to fly up.

Phinneas covers Analoy with a near perfect shot to another drone's head, though it missed enough to only stumble to drone and not kill it. Suddenly everyone in the group hears a loud shriek as Analoy unleashes a winged monster from her shoulder. Amber and Praxis both see the tattoo itself literally leap to life through her cloths and take shape before screeching. This harpie doesn't even look around and barrels straight towards the incoming wave of drones. Analoy doesn't wait to see what happens as she grabs Phinneas and darts up, joining the others as the remaining drones converge on their former location. The harpie now circling them and dive bombing varies drones, robotic scraps flying.

The GIRLS are able to fly about halfway up together before Amber, Analoy and Praxis hear the familiar ring of Naruni Particle Beams being fired and the harpie screeching down below them. If Analoy can sense her monster magic, she feels the harpie's magic crushed after a couple shots. Looking behind them, Amber, Analoy and Praxis see two Security Drones below that currently don't see the group, floating near where the harpie was; also none of the work drones seem to be pursuing the group in-flight.

What are you doing?
GM Note: You are currently floating, out of sight from the security bots.
All the flyers, give me an unmodified saving throw besides your JIC. (A prowl would help as well)
Also, I need to know -how- the two riders, Susan and Phinneas, are being carried (or holding on) by Amber and Analoy (respectively). During this stage of the ascent.

Amber:
Susan:
Analoy: -50 PPE, Harpie is dead
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:58m:00s 15 seconds have passed
Combat Round: 4
[All According to Plan]

The group tries to take advantage of being currently unseen after Analoy's harpie was intercepted by the Security Drones. Amber checking her own stealth and her contra-grav system while getting situated with Susan who is clinging onto her like a backpack. Praxis is able to see a familiar causeway that is nearly identical to the one they used to descend down the first pylon; they were almost there, though he could also see some normal drones on the walkway. Eight continues to lead the group up and out of sight from the Security Bots at first, unfortunately Praxis swerves a little too freely while gleefully reciting his time as a Guardsman. Phinneas is the first to hear as a single impact hits Praxis's lower back [-15 MDC] and when he looks, Phinneas sees one of the Security Drones lining up another shot at Praxis, the second drone no where to be seen.

What are you doing?
GM Note: You can see the exit level. Praxis is being pursued by one drone.

Amber:
Susan:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:58m:15s 15 seconds have passed
Combat Round: 5
[Dice'n'Fly]

Amber continues her vertical ascent with Susan, staying close to Eight's heels with Analoy holding Phinneas next to them. Praxis reels around and drops mid-flight to distract the bot that shot him and his distraction works. The drone fires another shot that misses as Praxis falls in front of the drone as it is climbing and uses the momentum of his fall in his slash, the energy blade completely removing the drone's right arm. Susan and Phinneas both take pop shots at the drone as Praxis reinitiates his flight and comes up from behind. The following slash removing the drone's head and part of its larger weapon system as its momentum ceases and it starts falling back. Praxis can barely see the rest of the team, now a couple hundred feet above him.

Eight levels the group off at a identical concourse to the first pylon, with a large platform, catwalks and access points available at this mid-section of the pylon. The drones look like ants that are scattering on the catwalks, trying to find the best way to reach the team when all evidence says only the Security Drones fly. Eight points across the concourse some five hundred feet is the access point they need to exit through and starts leading them to it. Susan notices a brief flash of movement in her eye sight as she and Amber both suddenly feel a sharp pain on your right side. Everyone can see the second security drone has intentionally crashed into Susan and Amber, knocking all three of them onto the concourse below. [-10 MDC]

"Get back in the air; they are trying to swarm you." Eight calls out to Susan and Amber while holding a now visibly struggling Reka Ola.

The Security Bot towers over both GIRLS on the concourse with it as it charges them both, with countless drones swarming from multiple sides.

What are you doing?
GM Note: Amber and Susan have been separated.

Amber: -10 MDC MB
Susan: -10 MDC to FF
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:58m:30s 15 seconds have passed
Amber barely has time to attempt to parry a strike from the Security Drone. She feels the weight behind the drone's strike as Susan fires a well placed shot at its head before Praxis appears and swoops down, lifting Susan up into the air. Amber more deftly parries another strike before darting upwards. Praxis readies his grenades but Susan and Amber both convince the Guardsman to just evacuate. Analoy carrying the one-armed turret, Phinneas, who has been crazily firing at the closest security drone, with one of his blasts impacting Susan as she is carried helplessly by. [-12 MDC from force field.]

It takes almost ten seconds but everyone gets back on track. Bursting towards the exit as fast as they can go. "Remember, we had to climb up due to dangers. We must go immediately down when we exit." Eight explains. Amber feels the impact of a blast from the Security Bot now back in the air and pursuing them. [-8 MDC from MB]

Amber is the only one who sees the exit ahead of them and it's currently clear, though not for much longer. The drones are swarming towards its location, though everyone sees Eight burst ahead of them with incredible speed; a doorway to the otherside opening.

What are you doing?
GM Note: This isn't combat, roll a generic saving throw in addition to your JiC. Fly through the doorway.

Amber: -10 MDC MB
Susan: -22 MDC to FF