After the Bomb adventure forum
Kaster

Re: Episode 2: Rescue at Mandible Hill

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [57] = 57
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [90] = 90

Sign Language 33%= 1d100: [93] = 93
Climbing 40%= 1d100: [76] = 76 , 1d100: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [49] = 49

Kaster points out the found coin to the rest of the group and says, "I smell something too, but can't quite make out what it is. Its earthy and sour. Anyway, lets get a move on. Eugene, this way. It looks like we need to go down somemore." He then leans Eugene back to the down tunnel.

If the way down the ant hole is too steep, Kaster will unlimber the rope he brought and find a place to secure it and then use the line to aid in their descent.

Once Kaster has made his way down, he will look around for more coins. Frak, I hope that wasn't just a dropped coin. If it was, we could be on a wild goose chase down here. Lost and roaming around aimlessly. Best not say anything. Just find the next coin.

If all seems clear, Kaster will call out to the rest of the group to come down but if there's ants, he will call them off in warning and try to scramble back up the hole.

JIC combat
Actions: 4
Init: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6
1. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [4] = 4 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [1, 4, 4]+5 = 14
2. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [7] = 7 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [1, 3, 4]+5 = 13
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [17] = 17 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [6, 4, 6]+5 = 21
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [12] = 12 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [6, 2, 6]+5 = 19

Dodge/parry: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [10] = 10
Last edited by Kaster on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [82] = 82
Conditions:
The character can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
The ability to see at night. There must be starlight or some other light source available to the character; 1000 foot (305 m) range/distance. If the character is in a completely blacked-out area, a cave, for example, then nothing will be visible; is as blind as anyone else.
The character has the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear a conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + I on initiative.
The character has an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
Range: 90 feet (27.4 m) or self.
Duration: Four melee rounds (one minute).
Minimum M.E.: None. Not available to Mutant Humans.
Saving Throw: None.
Cost: 10 BIO-E.
The Danger Sense is a psychic intuition that provides a precognitive flash concerning imminent danger to himself or someone near him (within 30 feet/9.1 m). This includes hidden ambush, snipers, traps, a predatory animal stalking from the shadows, a poisonous snake, land mine, or dangerous situations (bridge can not support his weight, etc.). Danger Sense does not indicate what or where the danger might be, just that it exists and is imminent. Ultimately, it should put the character on alert that something is wrong and he must be careful and ready to act quickly (+2 on initiative to respond to the threat, + I to dodge). Note: The character must specify when the power is being used. It does not work automatically.

Eugene wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:15 am Eugene signs, "If I see something I will stop. I will do my best to describe it to you. If attacked I will hold them and we can fight, but if I get overrun, I will do my best to hold them off long enough for you to flee."
"Then I will do my best to make sure you don't get overrun, I am not keen on leaving anyone behind." Pip responds.
Kaster wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:16 pm Kaster points out the found coin to the rest of the group and says, "I smell something too, but can't quite make out what it is. Its earthy and sour. Anyway, lets get a move on. Eugene, this way. It looks like we need to go down somemore." He then leans Eugene back to the down tunnel.
Chemistry: 1d100: [16] = 16 /59% (try and identify what Kaster smells)
Chemistry: Analytical: 1d100: [64] = 64 /49% (try and identify what Kaster smells)
Excavation: 1d100: [25] = 25 /39% (look out for unsound sections of the tunnels)

"Be careful everyone." Pip adds. "It can be easy to get turned around underground if you don't have experience with it."

When Kaster brings out his rope Pip will help him with it. But he will wait at the top in case he needs to provide cover until everyone with melee weapons has climbed down. Then he will climb down the tunnel itself instead of the rope. Pip will then look for the next part of the coin trail.

Rope Works: 1d100: [15] = 15 /54% (Help Kaster with the rope)
Prowl: 1d100: [67] = 67 /39% (Keep quiet)
Climbing: 1d100: [61] = 61 /79% (Climb down the tunnel)
Climbing: 1d100: [50] = 50 /79% (Failure contingency)
Climbing: 1d100: [80] = 80 /79% (Failure contingency)

Initiative: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [6, 4]+3 = 13 ).
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [1, 5]+3 = 9 ).
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 2]+3 = 8 ).
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [1, 6]+3 = 10 ).

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 , 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [7] = 7 , 1d20: [16] = 16 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Note: Pip will try to provide cover for Kaster to climb back up the rope if needed.
Last edited by Pip on Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [88] = 88 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [13] = 13
Conditions:
Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
Gives the character an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
Allows the character to detect very faint scent traces. Tracking by smell (as a bloodhound) is possible at 59%+5% per level. Characters can also recognize the distinct smells of individuals and can detect when people experience extremes of emotions (69% +2% per level of experience). This is occasionally used as a lie-detector, but is rather unreliable.

Climbing 1d100: [59] = 59 /49% (Climb down the hole)
Climbing 1d100: [2] = 2 /49% (Climb down the hole)
Climbing 1d100: [38] = 38 /49% (Climb down the hole)
Prowl 1d100: [57] = 57 /29% (Keep quiet)

Birger looks about in the low light they've brought. "Well only one way to go."[/b] Birger says in a whisper. Birger waits for the the other to do their thing before attempting the climb himself. Not what I had planned for the day, or ever, but it is what it is. Birger thinks as he joins the others at the bottom.
Birger
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchet
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [94] = 94
Conditions: Danger Sense, unless there is a threat, then Invisible Haze
Skills:
Detect Concealment & Traps: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 25% (mostly searching for weak spots in the tunnels)
Prowl: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 30%

Mandible Hill
Pip wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm"Another thing." Pip continues. " Before it got too dark, I saw what looks like eggs farther down the tunnel. The ground around them looked fuzzy, and it was white like the base of the trees on that hill."
“A nest perhaps?” Jesper suggests, rubbing his eyes to banish his temporary blindness. “Do ants build nests and lay eggs in them?” Hopefully they’re not bodies, wrapped up like leftovers. Spiders do that, don’t they? “Is there anything else up ahead? Trail of coins?” he asks, blinking to adjust to the light in the tunnel. Jes will stick with the group. His ears remain alert and if at any point he feels threatened, Jesper vanishes from sight.

If the group decides to do a bit of climbing...
Climb Rope: 1d100: [46] = 46 / 70%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 70%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [84] = 84 / 70%

If the ants attack the party, Jesper goes invisible and leaps into action!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7
1. Reserved for Invisible Haze
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 2]+3 = 8
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 1]+3 = 7
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [16]-1 = 15 , 1d20-1: [10]-1 = 9 , 1d20-1: [10]-1 = 9 , and 1d20-1: [19]-1 = 18
Jesper Brambleborn
“Then his sense of adventure and mischief prompted him.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down
Pip

Post by Pip »

((Rolls Held))
Jesper wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:37 pm “A nest perhaps?” Jesper suggests, rubbing his eyes to banish his temporary blindness. “Do ants build nests and lay eggs in them? Is there anything else up ahead? Trail of coins?” he asks, blinking to adjust to the light in the tunnel. Jes will stick with the group. His ears remain alert and if at any point he feels threatened, Jesper vanishes from sight.
"An ant hill is an ant nest, so technically yes, everything here is the nest. I imagine they would have chambers specifically for eggs." Pip responds. "I did not see any coin farther in, but Kaster seems to have seen one farther down."
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Date/Time: July 19th, 20th Year of Longjaw/afternoon
Location: Mandible Hill (near The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge & Gold Road)--2nd level down
Environment: Underground (pitch black darkness); Wilderness, just off the road & just southeast of the map

Pip recognizes that short of taking a sample of and analyzing it, that his chemistry knowledge will be of little use in this situation. However, he figures the smell to somehow be associated with the eggs, and coming from the white mycelium-like matter growing in certain areas. The coin being noticed, Kaster hefts the rope from his pack, uncoils it, and lets it drop down the hole. He feels the far end finally make contact just a moment before the full length has played out. Kaster finds no purchase for the rope, however, and nobody has a spike or anything with which to secure the rope until Jesper plants a dagger hilt-deep into a hard-packed bit of earth. Kaster is able to use his own knife in similar fashion and between the two points of contact figures they have a secure rope. Eugene boldly leads the way, lit torch held away from his face by his trunk and proves the rop secure, though he makes a clumsy mess of the affair, he only scratches himself up a bit after "landing" on his rump at the bottom. Pip makes short work of the climb and, using the rope when necessary but not relying upon it, quickly and adroitly makes his way down to stand next to Eugene. Birger makes a mess of his hooking over into the hole and nearly falls the entire way, but catches the rope with a free hand at the last moment, catches his breath, plants his feet against the tunnel wall, and then calmly makes the descent without further incident. Jesper hooks over with little issue, but loses his grip about halfway down, scrambles madly to grasp the rope in the dark, clutches only air, and tumbles to the tunnel floor below. He deftly kicks off of the tunnel wall just before falling to the next level down, and ends up in a rolling-landing that somehow looks intentional and graceful. The backs of his feet, however, are upon the precipice of the nearby continuation of the tunnel, and its only a quick catch by Birger that keeps the Rabbit from falling backward down the hole.

The group find themselves in an alcove of sorts some twenty feet below where they started. The light cast off by Jesper's torch in Eugene's hand illuminates a smal area around them well enough to identify a northwest passage and a southeast passge. Pip's keen eye catches the glint of metal on the ground just southeast of their position: another coin. The fur on the back of Pip and Jesper's necks stands on end. Danger Sense activated. Pip's keen ears pick up a skittering sound as of many small, hard surfaces scratching against one another. These sounds practically fill the air though they're nearly imperceptible. Most folk's ears would likely interpret such sounds as a static, a hum, or the like--background noise most folks' ears & minds filter out & which escape attention. Pip surmises it could be the acoustics of the alcove, or, alternatively, the source(s) of that noise fill this level of the nest.

What are your intentions?

Birger:
Eugene: -2
Kaster: -2
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [33] = 33 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions:
Gives the character an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
Allows the character to detect very faint scent traces. Tracking by smell (as a bloodhound) is possible at 59%+5% per level. Characters can also recognize the distinct smells of individuals and can detect when people experience extremes of emotions (69% +2% per level of experience). This is occasionally used as a lie-detector, but is rather unreliable.

Prowl 1d100: [1] = 1 /29% (Keep quiet)
Tracking by Smell 1d100: [65] = 65 /59% (Smelling for Folk.)

Birger on his feet once more, looks about in the dimness that the groups light affords them, before drawing his sword once more and trying his best to be hidden from sight, whether it works versus the senses of an ant giant or normal is unknown to the the Otter. Birger gestures to the two directions in a questioning manner, but doesn't say anything to keep stealth going. So which way folks? Birger thinks.
Birger
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchet
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [26] = 26
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 1d100: [8] = 8

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [45] = 45
Prowl 35%: 1d100: [11] = 11

Kaster looks long and hard off into the darkness up the northwest passage and southeast passage. "Anyone see another coin? Or is the one I saw in the shaft just one that got dropped there by mistake?" I'd be just my luck that I lead the group of course down some random tunnel. This is not going to be good if we get eaten by ants.

Mind Speaking as to stay as quiet as possible, Kaster broadcasts to the group, "Stay together no matter what and stay in the light. You think these tunnels are hard to navigate now but they'll be impossible in the pitch dark." He slips his axe back out of the loop on his belt and looks back and forth between the two tunnels exiting this room.
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 17/44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 53; 12
Conditions:
The character can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
The ability to see at night. There must be starlight or some other light source available to the character; 1000 foot (305 m) range/distance. If the character is in a completely blacked-out area, a cave, for example, then nothing will be visible; is as blind as anyone else.
The character has the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear a conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + I on initiative.
The character has an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
The Danger Sense is a psychic intuition that provides a precognitive flash concerning imminent danger to himself or someone near him (within 30 feet/9.1 m). This includes hidden ambush, snipers, traps, a predatory animal stalking from the shadows, a poisonous snake, land mine, or dangerous situations (bridge can not support his weight, etc.). Danger Sense does not indicate what or where the danger might be, just that it exists and is imminent. Ultimately, it should put the character on alert that something is wrong and he must be careful and ready to act quickly (+2 on initiative to respond to the threat, + I to dodge). Note: The character must specify when the power is being used. It does not work automatically.

Excavation: 49/39% (look out for unsound sections of the tunnels)
Prowl: 14/39% (Keep quiet)
Birger wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:36 pm Birger on his feet once more, looks about in the dimness that the groups light affords them, before drawing his sword once more and trying his best to be hidden from sight, whether it works versus the senses of an ant giant or normal is unknown to the the Otter. Birger gestures to the two directions in a questioning manner, but doesn't say anything to keep stealth going.
Kaster wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:45 pm Kaster looks long and hard off into the darkness up the northwest passage and southeast passage. "Anyone see another coin? Or is the one I saw in the shaft just one that got dropped there by mistake?"
"No, I see one over there." Pip whispers, pointing at the southeast passage.
Kaster wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:45 pm Mind Speaking as to stay as quiet as possible, Kaster broadcasts to the group, "Stay together no matter what and stay in the light. You think these tunnels are hard to navigate now but they'll be impossible in the pitch dark." He slips his axe back out of the loop on his belt and looks back and forth between the two tunnels exiting this room.
"That is for sure." Pip concurs with Kaster as he draws a War Arrow for his bow. "Stay on guard everyone. We are definitely in the frying pan now, let's try not to jump into the fire. I cannot tell what direction they will be coming from."

Initiative: 20 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 19; Damage: 9).
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 12; Damage: 15).
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 15; Damage: 15).
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 9; Damage: 10).

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 9, 7, 6, 10.
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 3, 11, 15, 11. (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Dice rolls
1d20: [1] = 1
1d20: [16] = 16
1d20: [16] = 16
1d20: [1] = 1
1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3
1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4
1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2
1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14
2d6+3: [6, 4]+3 = 13
1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14
2d6+3: [4, 3]+3 = 10
1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11
2d6+3: [4, 2]+3 = 9
1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18
2d6+3: [5, 4]+3 = 12
1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18
1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16
1d100: [46] = 46
1d100: [99] = 99
1d100: [12] = 12
1d20: [9] = 9
1d100: [83] = 83
Last edited by Pip on Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [100] = 100
Conditions: Invisible Haze
Skills:
Detect Concealment & Traps: 1d100: [89] = 89 / 25% (mostly searching for weak spots in the tunnels)
Prowl: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 30%

Mandible Hill
Augur wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:42 amJesper hooks over with little issue, but loses his grip about halfway down, scrambles madly to grasp the rope in the dark, clutches only air, and tumbles to the tunnel floor below. He deftly kicks off of the tunnel wall just before falling to the next level down, and ends up in a rolling-landing that somehow looks intentional and graceful. The backs of his feet, however, are upon the precipice of the nearby continuation of the tunnel, and its only a quick catch by Birger that keeps the Rabbit from falling backward down the hole.
Despite the unfortunate placement of his heels, Jesper can’t help glancing over his shoulder. That looks like a long way down, he thinks to himself. He breathes a sigh of relief that Birger managed to catch him, smiles, then says to the otter, “Thanks, mate.” A moment later, Jes moves away from the ledge and tries to get a better look at their new surroundings. Before he can ask about the odd sound, Jesper’s senses give him a warning. “Something’s not right,” he whispers to the party. His hand reaches for the hilt of his sword and Jes vanishes.

If the ants attack the party, Jesper goes invisible and leaps into action!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17
1. Draw Thistle
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , Damage: 2d4+3: [2, 4]+3 = 9
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 3]+3 = 9
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [6]-1 = 5 , 1d20-1: [7]-1 = 6 , 1d20-1: [13]-1 = 12 , and 1d20-1: [17]-1 = 16
Jesper Brambleborn
“Then his sense of adventure and mischief prompted him.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Perception 50%: [d100 (66)]
JIC: [d20 (3)] / [d100 (84)]
Conditions: Advanced Hearing, Advanced Smell, Advanced Sight
Coma/Death: +14%, Magic (varies): +4 Lethal Poison (14+): +4, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4, Insanity (12+): +5, Psionics (10+): +4, Horror: +0

Eugene stands up and shakes the dirt off his tail and uses his hand to wipe of his bottom.
Kaster wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:45 pm "Stay together no matter what and stay in the light. You think these tunnels are hard to navigate now but they'll be impossible in the pitch dark." He slips his axe back out of the loop on his belt and looks back and forth between the two tunnels exiting this room.
Eugene is not familiar with mind speaking and since Kaster is behind him he assumes he said it outloud. He turns to Kaster and nods his head.
Pip wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:00 pm "No, I see one over there." Pip whispers, pointing at the southeast passage. . .

. . ."Stay on guard everyone. We are definitely in the frying pan now, let's try not to jump into the fire. I cannot tell what direction they will be coming from."
Eugene turns to Pip and nods his head.
Jesper wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:49 pm “Something’s not right,”
Upon hearing this Eugene focuses, firms his grip on his spear, raises his shield in anticipation.

Action 1: Spear Attack - # 18 Details:[d20+2 (16)] | Damage: # 41 Details:[6d6+22 (3 3 1 1 5 6)]
Action 2: Dodge
Action 3: Spear Attack - To Strike # 10 Details:[d20+2 (8)] | Damage: # 39 Details:[6d6+22 (3 1 1 5 2 5)]
Action 4:Dodge
Action 5: Spear Attack - To Strike # 15 Details:[d20+2 (13)] | Damage:# 49 Details:[6d6+22 (1 5 6 3 6 6)]
Dodge:Details:# 25
Details:# 7 Details:[d20+3 (4)],# 20 Details:[d20+3 (17)],# 14 Details:[d20+3 (11)], # 18 Details:[d20+3 (15)] , # 22 Details:[d20+3 (19)]
Spear AND Shield Parries: # 25 Details:[d20+7 (18)], # 18 Details:[d20+7 (11)], # 14 Details:[d20+7 (7)], # 12 Details:[d20+7 (5)], # 11 Details:[d20+7 (4)]
Dice rolls
1d100: [72] = 72
1d20: [5] = 5
1d100: [27] = 27
1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17
1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8
1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14
1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11
1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12
1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19
1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12
1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11
1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23
6d6+22: [2, 1, 4, 5, 4, 6]+22 = 44
d20+2: [16]+2 = 18
6d6+22: [3, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1]+22 = 38
d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
6d6+22: [3, 6, 4, 1, 4, 4]+22 = 44
d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
Pip

Post by Pip »

((Rolls Held))

Seeing that no one is moving, Pip adds in. "We cannot quickly go back the way we came. Our best chance is to keep following the coins. So let's get a move on." He emphasizes the last sentence by waving the group on, but tries to stay in the center of them, where his bow will be the most effective.
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Location: Mandible Hill (near The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge & Gold Road)--2nd level down
Environment: Underground (pitch black darkness); Wilderness, just off the road & just southeast of the map

The group creeps slowly down the passage in the way suggested by the trail of coins. Peering around the corner they see a trio of large (about four feet at the shoulder), wingless ants moving about. Two carry oblong, whitish-yellow sacks across the tunnel to a side chamber, deposit them, and then depart. The third remains, and seems to fuss about the sacks while secreting a film from its mouth which it seems to drape over the (now noticeably wriggling) sacks. In the wan light it's easy to miss, but nearby and mostly out of sight, jutting out from the side chamber, can be discerned a pair of boots at the end of legs--everything else is obscured by the darkness.

Birger:
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Augur wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:00 am Conditions:

The group creeps slowly down the passage in the way suggested by the trail of coins. Peering around the corner they see a trio of large (about four feet at the shoulder), wingless ants moving about. Two carry oblong, whitish-yellow sacks across the tunnel to a side chamber, deposit them, and then depart. The third remains, and seems to fuss about the sacks while secreting a film from its mouth which it seems to drape over the (now noticeably wriggling) sacks. In the wan light it's easy to miss, but nearby and mostly out of sight, jutting out from the side chamber, can be discerned a pair of boots at the end of legs--everything else is obscured by the darkness.
Perception # 15 | Details:[1d100 # (15)] PERCEPTION 50% SUCCESS
Just In Case - # 86 | Details:[1d100 # (86)]
Just In Case - # 13 | Details:[1d20 # (13)]

Eugene turns to the group and signs. "I see a potential survivor. I am going to see if they are alive." Eugene will carefully moved towards the area with the shoes, spear at the ready. If given the opportunity without being attacked he will examine what he finds there. I hope they are still alive.

Action 1: Spear Attack - To Strike - 9 | Damage - 31
Action 2:Reserved for Dodge
Action 3:Spear Attack - To Strike - 15 | Damage - 25
Action 4:Reserved for Dodge
Action 5:Spear Attack - To Strike - 4 | Damage - 29

Spear Attack
# 9,15,4
Details:[1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2 # (7 13 2)]

Spear Damage
# 31,25,29
Details:[2d6+22;2d6+22;2d6+22 # (5 4 2 1 4 3)]

Dodge
# 19,23,23,7,19
Details:[1d20+3;1d20+3;1d20+3;1d20+3;1d20+3 # (16 20 20 4 16)]

# 19,4,11,5,20
Details:[1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2;1d20+2 # (17 2 9 3 18)]
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d100: [84] = 84
Conditions:

Prowl 1d100: [9] = 9 /29% (Keep quiet)
Tracking by Smell 1d100: [44] = 44 /59% (Smelling for Folk.)

Not understanding Eugene's hand talk, and barely able to see it in either case. Birger does note the wiggling "sacks". Probably the family, doubt the ants get many visitors this way often. Birger thinks. Birger holds his sword point down as he thinks of what they should do, but has to stifle a sigh as he watches Eugene move forward. Might as well follow him so he doesn't get hurt. Birger thinks as he too slowly makes his way towards the victims, keeping a wary eye on the remaining ant. Gee it's a big one. Birger thinks.

Initiative: 1d20: [3] = 3
Number of Attacks: 4

Action One: Attack ant with Bastard Sword. (Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [1, 5]+4 = 10 )
Action Two: Attack ant with Bastard Sword. (Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [5, 3]+4 = 12 )
Action Three: Attack ant with Bastard Sword. (Strike: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [3, 3]+4 = 10 )
Action Four: Attack ant with Bastard Sword. (Strike: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [5, 4]+4 = 13 )

Parries as needed: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 .
Birger
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [48] = 48
Conditions: Invisible Haze
Skills:
Prowl: 1d100: [6] = 6 / 30%

Mandible Hill

Hell’s bells! They’re moving! Jesper observes the remaining ant drooling over the mysterious sacks. He can't help noticing the boots too. Half certain the large fiend is about to harm whoever is trapped within the sacks, Jes creeps closer with his sword at the ready. Although he’s invisible, he follows after Eugene and Birger as quietly as possible.

If the ant attacks either the party or the sacks, Jesper leaps into action!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12
1. Strike: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage: 2d4+3: [2, 1]+3 = 6
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage: 2d4+3: [1, 3]+3 = 7
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 3]+3 = 9
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [14]-1 = 13 , 1d20-1: [8]-1 = 7 , 1d20-1: [7]-1 = 6 , and 1d20-1: [2]-1 = 1
Jesper Brambleborn
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [16] = 16 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [75] = 75
Conditions:

Excavation: 1d100: [72] = 72 /39% (Look out for unsound sections of the tunnels)
Prowl: 1d100: [12] = 12 /39% (Keep quiet)
Eugene wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:20 pm Eugene turns to the group and signs. "I see a potential survivor. I am going to see if they are alive." Eugene will carefully moved towards the area with the shoes, spear at the ready.
"Best not to split up the group. We should all go." Pip signs back, then motions the rest of the group to follow. I don't know much about ants, but I don't think egg sacks would move like that. We need to hurry. He thinks as he creeps along with the group.

Initiative: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [2, 4]+3 = 9 ).
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 5]+3 = 11 ).
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [5, 4]+3 = 12 ).
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [4, 3]+3 = 10 ).

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 , 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [4] = 4 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:

The movement of the group triggers the giant ant. Its thorax and head whip around once alerted to their presence, and a sudden bloom of a peculiar, acrid odor fills the area. The ant then rushes away from the group around the corner and out of sight. As the group rounds the corner they see the small male rodent child close by, his big eyes even wider than normal. To the boy's right his father lays on his side facing away from the boy. To the boy's left his mother lays on her side facing away from the boy. The sticky white fungal material is beneath the three of them, and the boy is struggling to get free, but is avoiding touching it with his hands. Strained words escape his mouth through clenched teeth. "Help! The sticky stuff burns!" You all can tell two things immediately: the boy's mother is quite dead. As the "white sacs" are quite apparently ant grubs, and they are feeding not on the mother herself, but on the sticky white stuff which looks to have dissolved a great deal of the side of her body on which her corpse rests. The noise from the boy wakens the father, apparently still alive, and as he strains to rise from his side he screams as the melting flesh and fur on side of his face peel away like melted and browned cheese come from a hot oven.

Birger:
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Augur wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:18 am Conditions:
Perception: 50% / 1d100<20: [47] = 0 Mistyped Formula - Success!!
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [32] = 32
Coma/Death: +14%, Magic (varies): +4 Lethal Poison (14+): +4, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4, Insanity (12+): +5, Psionics (10+): +4, Horror: +0

Eugene, looks at his companions places his spear in his shield hand for a moment and signs 1 handed, "Free the father and child. Secure them, I will cover us."

He takes his spear back into his right hand and faces the direction of the ant fled towards. He raises his shield and readies his spear and stands a barrier to attack, attempting to give the group time to free the survivors. If they can free them I can easily carry them to safety.

He will begin with one ant and if it falls before his actions are up. he will move to the next. Rinse and Repeat.

Action 1: Spear - To Strike: d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 | Damage: 2d6+22: [2, 5]+22 = 29
Action 2: Spear - To Strike: d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 | Damage: 2d6+22: [2, 1]+22 = 25
Action 3: Spear - To Strike: d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 | Damage: 2d6+22: [4, 5]+22 = 31
Action 4: Spear - To Strike: d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 | Damage: 2d6+22: [2, 3]+22 = 27
Action 5: Spear - To Strike: d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 | Damage: 2d6+22: [4, 5]+22 = 31

Shield Parries: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 , 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7 , 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 , 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 , 1d20+6: [2]+6 = 8
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [35] = 35
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [51] = 51

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [41] = 41
Climb Rope 70%: 1d100: [79] = 79
Climbing 40%: 1d100: [53] = 53

Conditions:
SDC: 53/51

Kaster looks back at the retreating ant and mind speaks to the group, "I don't have a good feeling about whatever that odor is the ant let go before he ran. I doubt it was a nervous fart. We best get moving as fast as we can. And if someone can mask that smell..." He trails off as he turns to the boy and his father.

Moving to the trapped man, Kaster pulls off his cloak and wraps the man in the cloak. Using it as protection from the white fungus, Kaster attempts to pull the man away as carefully and fast as he can. The man will be injured but we'll have to deal with that when we're back on the surface. Right now we have to get them free and away from the ants.

If the man comes free, Kaster will throw him over one shoulder and mind speak to the injured man, "Hold on there fella. We'll get you patched up. " Then he will say to the group, "Get the boy free and then we move as fast as we can outta here. Only fight if the ants block our way."

JIC combat
Init: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
1. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [3] = 3 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [5, 2, 5]+5 = 17
2. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [13] = 13 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [5, 1, 2]+5 = 13
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [13] = 13 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [1, 1, 5]+5 = 12
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [15] = 15 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [2, 2, 1]+5 = 10

Dodge/parry: 1d20, 1d20, 1d20, 1d20
Last edited by Kaster on Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [29] = 29
Conditions: Danger Sense
Skills:
Prowl: 1d100: [98] = 98 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 60%

Mandible Hill

They were being…eaten? Melted? Jes feels his stomach turn and wraps his scarf around his sensitive nose. He initially follows after Eugene, partly to get away from whatever is left of the mice and partly to protect the others from any ants that might arrive. But the urgency in Kaster’s mental voice causes Jesper to go back. He sheaths his sword and makes himself appear to all around.

He moves to the boy, doing his best to avoid any of the goo. With a soft voice, Jes leans over and instructs the boy to, “Put your arms around my neck. Close your eyes.” Assuming the kid does just that, Jesper will lift him and start to carry him out the way they came in. If Jesper needs to cut the kid away from his bonds, he will do so with the help of Thistle.

If the ants return and attack, Jesper protectively puts the boy behind him and draws his weapon!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20
1. Draw Thistle
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage: 2d4+3: [4, 1]+3 = 8
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 4]+3 = 10
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [2]-1 = 1 , 1d20-1: [14]-1 = 13 , 1d20-1: [11]-1 = 10 , and 1d20-1: [20]-1 = 19
Jesper Brambleborn
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [2] = 2
Conditions:

Climbing 1d100: [18] = 18 /49% Pass (To climb up.)

Initiative: 1d20: [13] = 13

Action One: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [4, 4]+4 = 12 )
Action Two: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 Crit!; Damage: 2d6+4: [5, 5]+4 = 14 24!)
Action Three: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [2, 2]+4 = 8 )
Action Four: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [2, 5]+4 = 11 )

Parries (With Sword or Knife) as needed: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 , 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 .

Birger sighs at the Ant's retreat. "That's not good." Birger says to himself, as he heads the call to move, Birger decides to take the lead and rushes ahead of those carrying the victims. "Now we have to climb back up. This ought to be fun." Birger says a bit sarcastically, if only to mask the fear he's feeling. At the first climbing point, Birger will try and hustle up to be able to help the others. Hundreds of feet of rope and I left it in the wagon. Birger thinks as he prepares to lay flat and off an outstretched hand to help up the next folk.
Birger
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [56] = 56
Conditions:

Excavation: 1d100: [61] = 61 /39% (Look out for unsound sections of the tunnels)
Augur wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:18 am Strained words escape the boys mouth through clenched teeth. "Help! The sticky stuff burns!" You all can tell two things immediately: the boy's mother is quite dead. As the "white sacs" are quite apparently ant grubs, and they are feeding not on the mother herself, but on the sticky white stuff which looks to have dissolved a great deal of the side of her body on which her corpse rests. The noise from the boy wakens the father, apparently still alive, and as he strains to rise from his side he screams as the melting flesh and fur on side of his face peel away like melted and browned cheese come from a hot oven.
Burns? An acid! Pip realizes. Those need to be treated quickly.
Eugene wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:25 am Eugene, looks at his companions places his spear in his shield hand for a moment and signs 1 handed, "Free the father and child. Secure them, I will cover us."
"Eugene says he'll cover us." Pip translates. "Let's get them out of here."
Kaster wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm Kaster looks back at the retreating ant and mind speaks to the group, "I don't have a good feeling about whatever that odor is the ant let go before he ran. I doubt it was a nervous fart. We best get moving as fast as we can. And if someone can mask that smell..." He trails off as he turns to the boy and his father.
"If I had to guess it is some kind of alarm." Pip responds. "If it is, then the ants probably have a sense of smell at least as sharp as our friend here." He gestures to Birger. "Best to just leave quickly."
Kaster wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm "Get the boy free and then we move as fast as we can outta here. Only fight if the ants block our way."
Jesper wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:27 pm He moves to the boy, doing his best to avoid any of the goo. With a soft voice, Jes leans over and instructs the boy to, “Put your arms around my neck. Close your eyes.” Assuming the kid does just that, Jesper will lift him and start to carry him out the way they came in. If Jesper needs to cut the kid away from his bonds, he will do so with the help of Thistle.
"Got it." Pip agrees but sees that Jesper is already taking care of it.
Birger wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:36 pm As he heads the call to move, Birger decides to take the lead and rushes ahead of those carrying the victims. "Now we have to climb back up. This ought to be fun." Birger says a bit sarcastically, if only to mask the fear he's feeling. At the first climbing point, Birger will try and hustle up to be able to help the others. Birger thinks as he prepares to lay flat and off an outstretched hand to help up the next folk.
Pip quickly follows Birger. But once he gets to the rope he recalls Eugene's earlier fall. I don't think Eugene can climb, and we have two injured folk as well. Thinking quickly while Birger climbs up Pip turns to rest. "You don't know how to climb, do you Eugene?" He barely waits for a response "Ether way, we have two injured folk that definitely can't. Quick, give the injured to Eugene and climb up. I will tie the rope to them so they can be pulled up."

Provided his instructions are followed. Pip will clamber all over the larger elephant while he secures Eugene and the injured folk with the end of the rope, using some of his spider thread rope if necessary. He then double-checks his work. "We only get one good shot at this, better be sure it holds." He explains while working. Once satisfied, he climes up to the top and provides any needed cover fire with his bow.

Rope Works: 1d100: [6] = 6 /54% (Secure Eugene and the injured folk)
Rope Works: 1d100: [59] = 59 /54% (Double check his work)
Climbing: 1d100: [48] = 48 /79% (Climb to the upper tunnel)

Initiative: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [4, 3]+3 = 10 ).
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 3]+3 = 9 ).
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 5]+3 = 11 ).
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [5, 1]+3 = 9 ).

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 , 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 , 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 , 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [5] = 5 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:

The size of the tunnels are such that one giant ant could squeeze by another within the passage. Eugene is a very stout uplifted Elephant, and so of nearly the same mass as one of the ants. He braces his shield & spear and stands as a wall of defense for his comrades while they do the urgent work. Kaster, working to free the father, must finally extract the knife from his belt and cut through the bands of molten skin and fur to free the father from the sticky, acidic fungal enzymes. The father's shrieks of pain are deafening until he falls unconscious from the pain. Half of his face and half of on arm are effectively raw, exposed, and bleeding flesh when Kaster is finally able to draw him up and off the ground. Kaster slings the father's dead weight over one shoulder, and mind speaks to the group. Jesper has to change plans after he hears the urgency in Kaster's telepathic tone, and is able to free the kid from the goo by slashing away some of his clothing; mercifully, no fur, skin, or flesh had yet been affected. The child wraps himself hanging from Jesper's neck, gets sight of his father, and whimpers into Jesper's ear, "Is daddy going to be alright?" A moment later, his eyes fall upon the disemboweled and half digested remains of his mother and the boy begins wailing. Birger rushes ahead of Jesper & Kaster who are carrying the survivors, and quickly shimmies up the rope to the level above, reaching down a hand to begin raising up the survivors. Pip rushes ahead with Birger and extols a certain course of action involving ropes and Eugene. Eugene, holding fast the end of the tunnel as a stalwart defender smells and hears rather than sees the sudden approach of giant ants about to run headlong into him. The tight passage is a blessing in that only two could attack him at once from any one direction so long as he was in a tunnel and not in a chamber.

Birger:
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Perception 50%: d100: [34] = 34
JIC: d100: [82] = 82 , d20: [13] = 13

(Note: He can't sign in the middle of combat so I can't include dialogue in this post.)
Augur wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:23 am Conditions:

Eugene, holding fast the end of the tunnel as a stalwart defender smells and hears rather than sees the sudden approach of giant ants about to run headlong into him. The tight passage is a blessing in that only two could attack him at once from any one direction so long as he was in a tunnel and not in a chamber.
Eugene stands firm. (Combat rolls below) He periodically looks back to make sure they are ascending the rope. Once he has confirmed that everyone is up the ropes, he will back up under the hole in the ceiling of the tunnel. If anyone has had difficulty he will grab them. I don’t think anyone in the party will even encumber him. He kneels down and jumps with all his might. (27' Vertical - Crushing Strength)

If he is over run and slain before the above can be achieved, his last thoughts would be a prayer to the universe Please let my friends, the boy and his father escape to safety.. He will also think of his mother and father and hope the stories are right and they will be reunited.

(Note: It hasn't applied thus far, but I have been doing Damage rolls wrong. Crushing Strength makes my Spear Attacks 6D6+22. Just clarifying the difference in these rolls.)
COMBAT:
Initiative: d20: [3] = 3
Action 1: Spear Attack - To Strike d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 | Damage 6d6+22: [3, 5, 3, 6, 2, 6]+22 = 47
Action 2: Spear Attack - To Strike d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 | Damage 6d6+22: [1, 4, 1, 5, 4, 3]+22 = 40
Action 3: Spear Attack - To Strike d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 | Damage 6d6+22: [5, 5, 6, 2, 5, 6]+22 = 51
Action 4: Spear Attack - To Strike d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 | Damage 6d6+22: [6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1]+22 = 38
Action 5: Spear Attack - To Strike d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 | Damage 6d6+22: [5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5]+22 = 42
Shield Parries: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 , 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 , 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7 , 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 , 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25
Last edited by Eugene on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [52] = 52
Skills:
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 60%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 70%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [13] = 13 / 70%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 70%

Mandible Hill

When Jesper discovers that the young mouse pup hasn’t been harmed by the acidic goo, he sighs with relief. It doesn’t last long…
Augur wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:23 amThe child wraps himself hanging from Jesper's neck, gets sight of his father, and whimpers into Jesper's ear, "Is daddy going to be alright?" A moment later, his eyes fall upon the disemboweled and half digested remains of his mother and the boy begins wailing.
Hells bells! You were to keep your eyes shut! Jes mentally growls at the kid. His ears fold back against all the noise. He shifts the boy to his back, carrying him in a piggy back style in anticipation of having to climb up out of the ants’ tunnels. Knowing he cannot make the boy promises, Jes keeps his voice even and soft and says, “Shh… Hold on tight, lad. It’s a long way up.”

At the bottom of the rope, Jesper jumps up the first few feet and works to climb up the rest of the rope’s length.

If the ants force an attack, Jesper protectively keeps the boy behind him and draws his weapon!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2
1. Draw Thistle
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 , Damage: 2d4+3: [1, 1]+3 = 5
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage: 2d4+3: [4, 3]+3 = 10
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [19]-1 = 18 , 1d20-1: [5]-1 = 4 , 1d20-1: [8]-1 = 7 , and 1d20-1: [1]-1 = 0
Jesper Brambleborn
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [22] = 22
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [52] = 52

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [43] = 43
Climb Rope 70%: 1d100: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [58] = 58
Climbing 40%: 1d100: [44] = 44 , 1d100: [55] = 55

Conditions:

Kaster looks back as Birger lifts up the unconscious father. I should stand and give Eugene a hand but we can really do that or we'll get overrun by the ants. Remember we won't win a fight here. Eugene, fall back as soon as everyone is up. Bugle or something if you need help.

Kaster eyes the rope dangling down the vertical tunnel and watches as Jesper jumps up a good bit of the way before grabbing the rope. When its his turn, Kaster does the same thing. He jumps up about 10 feet and grabs for the rope to continue the climb to the next level.

Once he's up on the next level, Kaster will turn and help the next person up.

If there's ants on the next level, Kaster will take up a position to fend off the ants and protect those climbing up from below.

If all is clear on the next level, Kaster will pick up the father once the last of the team is up and hand him up to Birger or whoever is on the next level up.

Init: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6
1. climb or rike w/ Axe: 1d20: [19] = 19 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [6, 4, 4]+5 = 19
2. climb or rike w/ Axe: 1d20: [16] = 16 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [4, 3, 6]+5 = 18
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [19] = 19 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [2, 5, 2]+5 = 14
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [18] = 18 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [4, 1, 6]+5 = 16

Dodge/parry as needed: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [9] = 9
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [8] = 8
Conditions:

Climbing 1d100: [73] = 73 /49% (To climb up.)

Initiative: 1d20: [20] = 20

Action One: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [3, 5]+4 = 12 )
Action Two: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [2, 2]+4 = 8 )
Action Three: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [4, 2]+4 = 10 )
Action Four: Attack with Bastard Sword Two-Handed. (Strike: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 ; Damage: 2d6+4: [1, 5]+4 = 10 )

Parries (With Sword or Knife) as needed: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 , 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 , 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 , 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 .

Birger is wary of the situation. This is the least advantageous position we could be in. Birger thinks as he makes his way to the next climbing point. "We need to move faster." Birger says to the group in general. Birger makes an effort to climb up the next shaft and again takes position to help anyone who needs it up.
Birger
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [47] = 47 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [99] = 99
Conditions:

Excavation: 1d100: [74] = 74 /39% (Look out for unsound sections of the tunnels to collapse and cover their escape)

When the others get to the rope Pip motions them on first. "Victims first." Then turns to provide cover for Eugene's retreat with his bow.
Jesper wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:28 pm At the bottom of the rope, Jesper jumps up the first few feet and works to climb up the rest of the rope’s length.
Kaster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:56 pm Kaster eyes the rope dangling down the vertical tunnel and watches as Jesper jumps up a good bit of the way before grabbing the rope. When its his turn, Kaster does the same thing. He jumps up about 10 feet and grabs for the rope to continue the climb to the next level.
Once the others are climbing Pip calls to Eugene. "Time to go Eugene. Like I said before, I am not keen on leaving anyone behind."
Eugene wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:34 am Eugene stands firm. (Combat rolls below) He periodically looks back to make sure they are ascending the rope. Once he has confirmed that everyone is up the ropes, he will back up under the hole in the ceiling of the tunnel. He kneels down and jumps with all his might. (27' Vertical - Crushing Strength)
When Eugene gets closer to the rope Pip scrambles up to the next level and resumes providing Eugene cover. I hope he did not mention his inability to climb because he has a way around it.

Climbing: 1d100: [94] = 94 /79% (Climb to the next level)
Climbing: 1d100: [81] = 81 /79% (Hold recovery)
Birger wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:51 pm "We need to move faster." Birger says to the group in general. Birger makes an effort to climb up the next shaft and again takes position to help anyone who needs it up.
"We can't hurry so fast that we make a mistake." Pip counters. "But we do need to treat them as soon as possible."

Initiative: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 3]+3 = 9 )
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 6]+3 = 12 )
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 4]+3 = 10 )
Action 4: Reserved for climbing rope.

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 , 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d20: [3] = 3 , 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d20: [2] = 2 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:

Eighty pounds of giant ant zip around the corner and barrel into Eugene head-first. His feet slide back a few inches in the dirt, but he's braced for combat. Another, and another follow suit in as many seconds, and his feet begin sliding back at first inches and then in free motion as the mass of ant bodies shove him back. His shield is somewhat more effective than his spear, and he's able to protect himself in a more practiced and graceful manner than he's able to strike at the ants with his spear, but despite his clumsiness, the ants pay no heed to his own terrible blows and so he finds his blows landing with with crushing efficacy. His spear is quickly bitten in half and lost to the onrushing ants, and he takes a number of painful bites to his arms, but just the weight and power of his balled up fist repeatedly smashing down upon the thoraxes and heads of the ants renders two of the three initial ants dead at his feet as the third persists. A sour-sweet odor that's cloying like a face-full of fresh plucked honeysuckle accompanies the death of each ant.

Kaster and Jesper manage to quickly ascend to the level above with the survivors, but Pip and Birger struggle mightily to gain any purchase whatsoever, and make no headway. Kaster hauls Birger up by pulling the rope up hand over hand with Birger on the end, and lets it down afterwards for Pip. Meanwhile on the next level up, the father has bled all over Kaster, and the boy is wailing. The father gets off of Kaster so he can haul up the rope, and reaches over to take the boy's hands in his own to quiet him. The sight of half his father's face missing sends the boy into a sort of shock as the father leans in close to say some quiet words with his son. Below them, the snapping of wood, the scrambling and scratching of dirt, and Eugene's grunts of exertion fill the air in all directions and add to the tension and urgency of the situation.

Birger:
Eugene: -51
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 / 48% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [30] = 30
Skills:
Climb Rope: 1d100: [98] = 98 / 72%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [18] = 18 / 72%
Climb Rope: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 72%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 60%

Mandible Hill

After a safe climb up to the next level, Jes allows the boy to slide from his back to reunite with his father. “Please,” he pleads with the elder mouse, hoping he understands the situation and can calm the boy’s wailing. He watches them for a moment and wonders if he’ll someday have his own reunion. Don’t be stupid. You’re a grown rabbit and now is not the time, Jesper reminds himself, pushing away his jealous thoughts.

He turns his attention to the dark tunnels extending from this level. With one hand on the hilt of Thistle, Jes’ ears listen intently to any sounds, but it seems that all the commotion is coming from the level below. His eyes then go skyward. Surely they’d keep to the tunnels? Jesper makes a quick decision. He goes back to the mice and scoops up the boy. “I’m sorry,” he tells the father gently. “We can’t stay here long.” Jesper settles the boy on his back again, instructing him again to, “Hold on tightly.”

Jesper stands next to Kaster to tell him, “I’m taking the lad up. I’ll let you know if I see anything. Be safe.” And with that, Jesper works his way up the rope.

If the ants force an attack, Jesper protectively keeps the boy behind him and draws his weapon!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7
1. Draw Thistle
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 , Damage: 2d4+3: [2, 1]+3 = 6
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 , Damage: 2d4+3: [1, 3]+3 = 7
4. Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18

Parries (just in case): 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 , 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 , 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 , and 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4
Jesper Brambleborn
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Perception: 50% / 1d100<20: [26] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [53] = 53

Eugene winces with every bite. I hope these aren’t fire ants, their venom can make you real sick. I was miserable when I got into a mound as a kid. He continues punching the last ant in hopes of finishing it off or ring its bell long enough to jump up. Regardless he will jump and pray he makes it.

If he does not he will keep his shield up and continue fighting.

If he does he signs to Pip and Kaster, “RUN!!!!!!!!!!” He will stay in the back and if they are slower, (doubtful) he will keep at pace with the slowest and protect the flank.

Initiative: d20: [8] = 8
Action 1: Unarmed Strike - To Hit: d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 | Damage: 6d6+22: [3, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1]+22 = 33
Action 2: Unarmed Strike - To Hit: d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 | Damage: 6d6+22: [2, 5, 6, 2, 2, 6]+22 = 45
Action 3: Unarmed Strike - To Hit: d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 | Damage: 6d6+22: [6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 3]+22 = 40
Action 4: Unarmed Strike - To Hit: d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 | Damage: 6d6+22: [2, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4]+22 = 44
Action 5: Movement Leap up through hole 27’ vertical.
Shield Parries: 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 , 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 , 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 , 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 , 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [18] = 18

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [1] = 1
Climb Rope 70%: 1d100: [53] = 53 , 1d100: [84] = 84
Climbing 40%: 1d100: [24] = 24 , 1d100: [96] = 96

Conditions:

Kaster yells down to Pip, "Just take the rope. I'll pull you up." He waits for Pip to grab the rope and them he starts hauling up the raccoon. Once Pip is up, Kaster will call down to Eugene, "We're all up. It's your turn."

When Eugene's got ahold of the rope or Kaster's hand, Kaster will do his best to help the heavy elephant up to the next level. Frak, its a good thing you not some big fat fellow. He thinks to himself as he pulls with all his might to get the pachyderm up to their level.

If that all happens and they're not over run by ants, Kaster says, "Okay, one more and then we run like hell."

If the ants catch up to them and he's not needed to help the others up, Kaster will take the axe from the loop on his belt and lay into the beasts.

Init: 1d20+2
1. climb or rike w/ Axe: 1d20: [15] = 15 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [3, 6, 2]+5 = 16
2. climb or rike w/ Axe: 1d20: [19] = 19 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [1, 2, 4]+5 = 12
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [16] = 16 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [2, 3, 1]+5 = 11
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [5] = 5 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [6, 6, 4]+5 = 21

Dodge/parry as needed: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [20] = 20
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [36] = 36
Conditions:

With his failed attempt at climbing, something he rarely struggles with, Pip realizes that the situation is getting to him more than he though. So he takes a second to recenter himself while Kaster lifts Birger up. I need to calm down, panic is not going to help anything.

With a hopefully calmer mind, Pip looks around again, while Kaster is lowering the rope back down. Hoping to see some parts of the tunnels that are weak enough to be collapsed and help cover their escape.

Excavation: 1d100: [82] = 82 /39% (Look out for unsound sections of the tunnels to collapse and cover their escape)
Kaster wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:17 pm Kaster yells down to Pip, "Just take the rope. I'll pull you up." He waits for Pip to grab the rope and them he starts hauling up the raccoon.
Once the rope is back down Pip will start climbing up it while Kaster is hauling it up, but if his grip slips again he will just hold on. Once at the top, he will use his bow to provide Eugene cover for his escape.

Climbing: 1d100: [2] = 2 /79% (Climb to the next level)
Eugene wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:25 pm If he does he signs to Pip and Kaster, “RUN!!!!!!!!!!” He will stay in the back and if they are slower, (doubtful) he will keep at pace with the slowest and protect the flank.
Kaster wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:17 pm If that all happens and they're not over run by ants, Kaster says, "Okay, one more and then we run like hell."
"Don't need to tell me twice. Let's get out of here." Pip responds. Though he will try to stay in the center of the group as they retreat and respond to any threats that appear with his bow.

Initiative: 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Climb up to the next level.
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [4, 1]+3 = 8 )
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [5, 3]+3 = 11 )
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [1, 5]+3 = 9 )

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 , 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 , 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [5] = 5 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:

Jesper's ears pick up the sounds of the multitude of insectile feet in motion on his level and draws Thistle just in time. Kaster is forced to step on the rope so Pip doesn't fall and turn around himself and draw his axe. A trio of hefty, pony-sized ants round the corner, two squeezing together at ground level and the third on the ceiling. An arrow whizzes past Jesper's ears close enough that the "thwak" of the bowstring behind him is as audible as a slap. A heavy arrow buries itself in the head of the lead ant that's on the ground even as Kaster cleaves into the one on the ceiling and Jesper follows the arrow with a piercing strike of his own from Thistle. Meanwhile below, Eugene smashes in mandibles and thoraxes as they get within reach, waiting for those above to be clear of the hole so he can leap up himself.

After a trio of arrows, mighty swings from an axe, and deft thrusts from a rather pointy bit of steel, the uplifted folk manage to fell one of the ants are press back the other two sufficient that Eugene is able to leap up himself. With a flurry of activity, they repeat the same method of extraction to get themselves and the two surviving members of the mouse family on the surface. Everyone got nipped a time or three save for the survivors, and as the group is looking down at the hole they've just risen from, they can feel the ground under their paws rumbling with a surge in ants from below. Also, Jesper and Eugene alert the others to the trickle of ants on the hillside a couple hundred yards away, There are dozens of them. The mouse family are not waiting for anything, and are running towards the hastily covered wagon a hundred yards distant and in the opposite direction of the ants on the surface.

Birger: -7
Eugene: -63
Jesper: -12
Pip: -9
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions:

Augur wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:09 am Everyone got nipped a time or three save for the survivors, and as the group is looking down at the hole they've just risen from, they can feel the ground under their paws rumbling with a surge in ants from below. Also, Jesper and Eugene alert the others to the trickle of ants on the hillside a couple hundred yards away, There are dozens of them. The mouse family are not waiting for anything, and are running towards the hastily covered wagon a hundred yards distant and in the opposite direction of the ants on the surface.
"And that is our cue to leave." Pip quips. "Three at once is bad enough." He then runs over to join the rescuees and prep the wagon for departure.

Teamster/Wagoner: 1d100: [19] = 19 /64% (prep the wagon for departure)

Once the wagon is ready he will take up a firing position on top of it to cover their escape if/when the Ants get too close. They are bigger, but they are still Beasts. Let's see how they react to fire. He thinks as he draws an Incendiary Arrow from his quiver.

Initiative: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 (+2 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)

Action 1: Fire Mechanical Bow with Incendiary Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 ; Damage: 2d6: [1, 1] = 2 )
Action 2: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [6, 3]+3 = 12 )
Action 3: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [1, 6]+3 = 10 )
Action 4: Fire Mechanical Bow with War Arrow (Strike: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 ; Damage: 2d6+3: [3, 3]+3 = 9 )

Parries (With bow or knife) as needed: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 , 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 .
Dodges vs Ranged/Unparryable attacks: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d20: [18] = 18 . (+1 if Danger Sense is active, lasts the first minute of combat)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Perception: 50% / 1d100<20: [20] = 0 Mistype Success
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [13] = 13

Pip wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:58 pm "And that is our cue to leave." Pip quips. "Three at once is bad enough." He then runs over to join the rescuees and prep the wagon for departure.
Eugene nods at Pip’s statement. He holds up the rear making sure if anyone trips or falls behind because of exhaustion he is there to pick them up and help. Once the last person is loaded in the wagon, he will turn and hold position until the wagon is ready to go. If the ants get there during preparations he will hold them off as long as he can. I wish they hadn’t destroyed my shield and spear. I feel naked without them.
Pip wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:58 pm Once the wagon is ready he will take up a firing position on top of it to cover their escape if/when the Ants get too close. They are bigger, but they are still Beasts. Let's see how they react to fire. He thinks as he draws an Incendiary Arrow from his quiver.
If the cart is prepared to go before the ants arrive he will jump on board the cart as it leaves. If he has to hold the ants at bay he will hold as long as he can and try to board the cart as soon as it is ready if he can.

Initiative: d20: [7] = 7

Action 1: Punch - d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 | Damage - 6d6+22: [5, 3, 1, 1, 2, 1]+22 = 35
Action 2: Punch - d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 | Damage - 6d6+22: [2, 6, 2, 3, 3, 3]+22 = 41
Action 3: Punch - d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 | Damage - 6d6+22: [1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6]+22 = 43
Action 4: Punch - d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 | Damage - 6d6+22: [4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 4]+22 = 51 Crit x2
Action 5: Punch - d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 | Damage - 6d6+22: [2, 2, 5, 3, 5, 5]+22 = 44

Unarmed Parries: 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 , 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 , 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 , 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 , 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 / 48% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [58] = 58
Skills:

Mandible Hill
Pip wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:58 pm"And that is our cue to leave." Pip quips.
Jesper nods with agreement. “Time to go!” He chases after the mice and Pip, hoping to make it to the wagon before the ants catch up. Once there, he assists with getting the mice safely into the wagon. With that out of the way, Jes turns around with Thistle at the ready. “Hurry,” he urges any friends lagging behind.

Should the wagon start moving, Jesper hops on. He hangs off the back to keep a close eye on the ants' movements as they make their getaway. Don’t follow us…

If the ants force an attack, Jesper fights back!
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19
1. Switch to Invisible Haze
2. Strike: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , Damage: 2d4+3: [1, 3]+3 = 7
3. Strike: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11 , Damage: 2d4+3: [3, 2]+3 = 8
4. Strike: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 , Damage: 2d4+3: [2, 1]+3 = 6

Parries (just in case): 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 , 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 , 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 , and 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20
Jesper Brambleborn
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [23] = 23

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [80] = 80

Conditions:

Kaster's eyes widen as they come up out of the ant hole, Well, I thought we were screwed before. No it's time to run. He slips his axe back into it's loop on his belt and starts off at a run towards his cart, quickly out pacing all but Jesper.

If the pair of mice aren't moving as quickly as him, Kaster will scoop them up and deposit them in the back of the wagon. Take care of your father. We'll be moving before you know it.

He extracts his cart from his hiding place and then moves to get the wagon set and ready to go while the other make their way over. "Lets get a move on people. It's past time to go." He stand between the handles on his cart, his hooves digging ruts into the dirt as he shifts back and forth in anticipation of a long run ahead of them.

Open if needed
Init: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9
1. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [7] = 7 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [3, 2, 1]+5 = 11
2. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [16] = 16 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [3, 3, 2]+5 = 13
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [13] = 13 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [5, 6, 1]+5 = 17
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [8] = 8 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [4, 5, 4]+5 = 18

Dodge/parry as needed: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d20: [14] = 14
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Date/Time: July 19th, 20th Year of Longjaw/evening
Environment: Wilderness, on the road

Jesper races to the wagon and helps the mice, Pip, Kaster, and Birger on as they arrive, urgent for them to be on their way.

Pip wastes no time rushing in pursuit of the family towards the wagon. Once there, panting, he sets about the wagon and horses getting them ready, but the severely wounded father mouse already has the horses ready to go, and so manages to save Pip some extra time. He then mounts the wagon and draws an incendiary arrow, firing it into the thorax of the ant that's leading the pursuit. Pip could tell that It didn't penetrate for shit, but it had the desired effect he anticipated. The ants seemed to scatter for moments in disarray with the fire in their midst.

Birger takes advantage of the ants' confusion to get aboard the wagon and get the team moving while Kaster grabs the handles of his cart and gets it moving quickly ahead of the wagon.

A few stray ants cotton on to the escape of the trespassers, and give pursuit, but a few painful jabs from Jesper's trusty sword, Thistle, from the back of the wagon manages to dissuade their pursuit. Before they know it the group is well on their way, having left behind the ants...and one member of the mouse family who did not survive. The father and son hold each other lying down in the back of the wagon as the team rides into the encroaching darkness of the falling night.
You've traveled for perhaps an hour before the darkness is too much, and you're forced to make camp for the night.

My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Perception: 50% / 1d100: [37] = 37
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [27] = 27

Augur wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:59 am The father and son hold each other lying down in the back of the wagon as the team rides into the encroaching darkness of the falling night.
Eugene takes a moment to inspect himself. His bite wounds hurt. He sees his friends working diligently to help this family. Kaster is focusing on piloting the cart to safety. He watches the father and son mouse embracing. He remembers when he lost his mom. He never knew what happened to her, just that she was executed. He knew how they feel. In a close family a loss of a parent and a spouse feels like a loss of self. I want to tell them that although things are painful now and that pain never goes away, over time it becomes manageable. That love like the love she had for them is immortal. But Eugene doesn’t speak. His translators are occupied with the escape and figuring out how to help these folks. He decides to do the only thing he can think of to help. He looks at the father and son and holds up his hands slides down beside them. He slides his arms around them in and embrace and holds them with a gentle hug and a tear in his eye.
Pip

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [72] = 72 /49% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions:

Augur wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:59 am He then mounts the wagon and draws an incendiary arrow, firing it into the thorax of the ant that's leading the pursuit. Pip could tell that It didn't penetrate for shit, but it had the desired effect he anticipated. The ants seemed to scatter for moments in disarray with the fire in their midst.
Augur wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:59 am The father and son hold each other lying down in the back of the wagon as the team rides into the encroaching darkness of the falling night.
As soon as Pip is sure the group is away from the Ants he stores his bow with a self-satisfied smirk. "Fire, one of the many advantages those with intelligence have over Beasts."
Eugene wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:52 am He looks at the father and son and holds up his hands slides down beside them. He slides his arms around them in and embrace and holds them with a gentle hug and a tear in his eye.
When Pip turns back to the group and sees Eugene trying to comfort the Folk they just saved, the smirk slips from his face. Right, the father's acid burns still need to be treated. Crossing the small distance to the trio he addresses the father "Here, let me see what I can do about your wounds." Then turning to Eugene he adds "Eugene, can I use your water barrel? Acid burns need to be rinsed as soon as possible." Ether way, he will use whatever water is available and treat the father's wounds as best he can while they are on the road.

First Aid: 1d100: [2] = 2 /61% (treat the father's acid burns)
Chemistry: 1d100: [82] = 82 /66% (inform First Aid for better treatment)
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Pip wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:47 am "Eugene, can I use your water barrel? Acid burns need to be rinsed as soon as possible."[/b]
Eugene nods emphatically and easily drags the barrel to pip with one arm. "He quickly signs, Whatever of mine you need, is yours."

Eugene returns to comforting the child as Pip works on the father.
Birger

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [14] = 14 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d100: [85] = 85
Conditions:

Skills:
Pilot: Teamster/Wagoner 1d100: [100] = 100 /54% Crit Failure (To tend to the Wagon.)
Paramedical 1d100: [37] = 37 /59% Success (To treat the father's wounds)
Wilderness Survival 1d100: [12] = 12 /39% Success (General check to make sure camp is good.)

Birger's silence the past bit could be attributed to a lot of things, but deep inside, the Otter is a wreck. That went so poorly. Some mighty heroes we are. Birger thinks as he moves to help tend to the father. Birger pulls out what few medical supplies he has and works to at the very least make sure the man will be stable, and possibly comfortable. Once Birger has done all he can, he walks around their small camp, just eyeing things, but not really saying anything, before trying to pass some time maintaining the wagon. This is where Birger has his breakdown as nothing seem to go right in the simple task, in the end, Birger just slumps down next to the wagon's wheel and looks defeated.
Birger
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 48% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [90] = 90
Skills:
Wilderness Survival: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 35%

Camp, some distance from Mandible Hill

As the others start to set up camp for the night, Jesper offers what assistance he can. “Perhaps I can find some firewood and start supper…” He keeps his eyes on his tasks, but his ears seem to focus on the two mice. Damn shame about his mother, but at least we were able to get the lad and his father out safely. Before long, Jesper finds himself wondering if his own father is still alive.
Birger wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:40 pmBirger just slumps down next to the wagon's wheel and looks defeated.
A weary rabbit flops down beside Birger. “It’s been a rough day,” Jes remarks.
Jesper Brambleborn
Kaster

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [73] = 73
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 1d100: [6] = 6

Sign Language 33%: 1d100: [97] = 97
Teamster/Wagoner 70%: 1d100: [90] = 90
Horsemanship: General 45/30%: 1d100: [57] = 57
Paramedical 53%: 1d100: [16] = 16

Conditions:

Kaster moves in concert with the others to help treat the father's wounds. It would be no good for the boy if his father were to pass not that they have gotten free of the ants.

Once they have gotten the father and the boy settled for the night, Kaster goes to double check that his wagon is set. He checks the ropes holding his supplies, then checks the axels and the wheels, after all it was a hard run as the fled from the ants. He looks up and sees Birger is having about as much luck with the tasks on his wagon as he is with the cart.

Kaster leans against his cart as Jesper comes over the sits down next to Birger, "Its been a long day. Things should look better in the morning, but we should keep a watch none the less."

Open if needed
Init: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9
1. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [13] = 13 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [3, 2, 4]+5 = 14
2. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [2] = 2 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [2, 6, 4]+5 = 17
3. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [19] = 19 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [6, 1, 6]+5 = 18
4. Strike w/ Axe: 1d20: [11] = 11 , Dmg: 3d6+5: [1, 2, 6]+5 = 14

Dodge/parry as needed: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d20: [17] = 17
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

((Rolls held over))

"Truth be told," Jesper begins, looking to Kaster as he joins them at the wagon. "I'm feeling a bit useless at the moment. I don't mind keeping the first watch so you all can get some rest." He fights back a yawn, knowing he's just as tired as the rest of his friends. I can keep my eyes and ears open a bit longer.
Jesper Brambleborn
Birger

Post by Birger »

((Rolls Carried Over))

Birger looks down at his bare feet. He hears both Jesper and Kaster, but doesn't say anything. Birger is trying really hard to keep his breathing slow and even, as to not betray his panic attack. This goes on for several minutes before the Otter speaks. "Yeah, rough day for sure." Birger says, his voice barely above a whisper. This is not what I expected on my trip. Birger thinks as he looks up at the two. "Yeah, tomorrow is another day, we'll move forward from there." Birger says, trying to sound confident. "What do we do with the family, I don't think they're in any shape to be traveling on their own at this point." Birger asks the two present.
Birger
Pip

Post by Pip »

((Rolls held over))

Seeing a number of his companions gathering at the wagons Pip wonders over to discuss the day.
Kaster wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:47 am Kaster leans against his cart as Jesper comes over the sits down next to Birger, "Its been a long day. Things should look better in the morning, but we should keep a watch none the less."
"Long day indeed, I would rather not have to do that ever again." Pip responds as he drops the small distance from standing to sitting.
Jesper wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:12 pm "Truth be told," Jesper begins, looking to Kaster as he joins them at the wagon. "I'm feeling a bit useless at the moment. I don't mind keeping the first watch so you all can get some rest."
"That is very kind." Pip replies, then tries to offer some encouragement "You did more than me, you carried the boy out. All I did was shoot arrows. I have some training in excavation. Yet I never saw a chance to cause a collapse to cover our escape, despite there being no support beams. Remarkable construction on the ant's part."
Birger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:29 am "Yeah, rough day for sure." Birger says, his voice barely above a whisper. "Yeah, tomorrow is another day, we'll move forward from there." Birger says, trying to sound confident. "What do we do with the family, I don't think they're in any shape to be traveling on their own at this point." Birger asks the two present.
"You okay friend?" Pip askes at Birger's low voice. "You seemed nervous even before we entered the tunnels. It was definitely rough, but we all made it out alive. And we saved two others." He takes a moment to hold his chin on his fist. "As for what to do with them. We should probably find out where they were headed, or if they have any other family we can take them to."
Philip (Pip) Climbwell
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Date/Time: 19th, 20th Year of Longjaw/evening
Environment: Wilderness, on the road

The cool water apparently soothes the father's burns as he sighs in relief. Birger follows this up with an application of a salve and the older mouse's unblemished eye practically sparkles in relief. He thanks Pip and Birger for their aid, and for saving himself and his son, and inquires in what direction they might be heading.

Birger checks around the camp, and though all is in order, the events of the day and their outcome has taken its toll on his spirits, and he finds himself at rest against the wagon in a sorry state. Before long, Jesper has joined him, though not before finding some wild parsnips and a rather large and leafy wild rutabaga in a drain shallow to one side of the road. These being cleaved free of their greens, the tubers find their way into a pot over the fire Birger had set up. Eugene finds the parnip & rutabaga greens a touch bitter as the tubers are getting a bit long ion the tooth, but still amenable to consumption. Kaster, meanwhile, busily tends to things which Birger overlooked in his disconsolate mood.

Everything tended to, the thre travelers find themselves leaned up against the wagon beside one another. Pip tends the fire and the vegetable stew as the lot of them begin to converse. On the other side of the fire, the father rises from Eugene's smothering support, but leaves the boy behind as he walks with only a slight limp over to the assembled travelers. The boy is fast asleep upon Eugene's bulk, clearly exhausted in every sense of the word. The boy's father again thanks the team for the aid they've rendered, then adds, "I'm feeling much better now that the sedative effect from the ants has subsided and you've been gracious enough to treat my burns. We were headed for the Marsh Village of N’angverik Clan when we stumbled into the ants foraging. Now that we know the danger they represent, and where they are, we'll be able to steer clear of them. We'll hike over the Hevenward Hills, in the morning and continue on our way. My cousin Ronith and his brood have a small general store in the Undergate Market where I can no doubt find better prospects for my son and I. Lord Greynose welcomes even destitute rodents to join him in building a better life there. If you can spare a little food for us, we will be on our way in the morning. I've capable hands and eyes in the wilds, and can provide for the two of us well enough if we've enough in our packs to cover a rough spot we may come across."

My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals