1) I entirely agree, though the analysis is incorrect. I have limited knowledge as regards the IT back-end, but handle all the routine stuff that admins have to do which GMs can't. The only possible "future issues" are entirely IT related. Tiree is the go-to guy for IT stuff. That he's the ONLY PERSON is, I agree, unacceptable, and he holds some keys even I don't have--again, not what's wanted--but communication is difficult when your go-to guy is working 80 hours/week or whatever and is basically incommunicado.
2) GM shortage has always been a thing. This is nothing new. Recruiting new players (and GMs) isn't the sole responsibility of admins--that's not even on our list of responsibilities. I have solicited for GMs to send me a blurb to promote their games online and gotten NOTHING
in response. Myth & Jest is a new GM I recruited--he's running the brand new Chaos Earth campaign. But again, this isn't "my job," this is on everyone who wants the PBP community to grow. Don't spend much time online? Won't use other platforms? Don't tell your tabletop friends about the community? These are ways to not find new players/GMs. Also, "PBP" via Discord chat is enormously popular [though inferior to forum-based games IMO], and would
be a cool gateway to our style of PBP, but I see no one giving that a shot either.
3) "Enhancing the experience" isn't one of our duties either. But to put a fine point on things, I promoted the hell out of the contest. I mass messaged every player on site. I mentioned/linked it Hangouts and Discord multiple times. Made the contest a GLOBAL thread so everyone could see it at all times...and virtually no one participated. Frankly, this one is on the community. I did everything that could reasonably be expected to promote the contest...and that's still not one of our duties.
4) Your disagreeing with the premise of the poll doesn't make the poll disingenuous
What does it mean if someone is disingenuous?
(of a person or their behavior) slightly dishonest, or not speaking the complete truth: It was disingenuous of her to claim she had no financial interest in the case. Opposite. ingenuous formal.
There's no deceit happening here, you just disagree
with the premise. Honest disagreement is one thing, deception is quite another.
In the future, at least judge us by the standards we're actually supposed to be held to. They are, in fact, posted:
- Maintain the website--2 week turn-around wasn't ideal, but not shabby
- Expand gaming opportunities for players--Chaos Earth & ATB are new opportunities
- Approve new Rifts character submissions--not many of late
- Maintain high quality across the site, and accurate rules and information--I've a few recent items in the backlog, but have done so