Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Underguard

Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: GIRLS Hanger, Merctown
Time/Date: 08:00:00 AM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 33°F (0°C); Light rain overnight has left the air and ground damp with a strong enough breeze that it carries the cold outside into any open windows or doors. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
The GIRLS night out went well into the night and even trespassed into the early morning hours. The GIRLS returned to their hanger somewhere between 1 and 2 AM in the morning, full of food and drink and ready to sleep the night away. The night passes without a hitch, most, if not all of the GIRLS sleep soundly as their long day of shopping and celebrating has finally ended. At least for the moment, the GIRLS find solace in resting without being under duress.

Some of the GIRLS are up earlier than others, be it morning meditation, some form of insomnia due to drugs or any number of reasons. Amber, being one of those who requires little to no sleep outside of her meditations, finds herself leaving her room at around 0630 in the morning. As she opens her door, she is met with a cold air from the rest of the hanger letting her know the outside is likely colder. Remembering their new android companion and her unease about it being with them, Amber feels the slight need to walk the hanger. This unease is not unfounded, if not wholly reinforced, for when she exits her room, she sees the android's silhouette standing in the open doorway to the Hanger and Hallway, almost eliciting a jump out of the lantean woman. The android turns its head and nods to her, acting as though it was waiting for any one of the GIRLS to exit.

"Good morning, Amber. The Creator wishes to speak to your team at 0800 local time. Please rouse your companions and properly nourish yourselves. I will be in the conference room." It says in a smooth and steady voice before turning and leaving the hallway before she even has a chance to really respond, its strides impressively silent. Amber can't be sure, but she could guess the Android has been standing for anywhere between 15 minutes to several hours. Feeling rather perturbed by the way it was just standing there when she exited her room, Amber can make the rounds and ensure everyone is awake, even going so far as to inform each of them about how creepy or odd the android was.

The GIRLS have about an hour and a half to get ready, eat, shower and do whatever they need to do before the predetermined time of their new employer. Looking around the hanger, as some may be paranoid enough to do so, shows nothing has been moved in the slightest. Something odd the GIRLS do notice is that the window their former quarry had broken through earlier has been patched with cardboard and tape. Nothing fancy, but it seems the android at least sealed the window overnight or perhaps while they were out eating.

When the GIRLS make their way to the conference room at around 0800, they find the Android standing in an at ease position at one of the ends of the table. It doesn't acknowledge them as they enter, even if it is greeted, as if on standby. When the last person takes their seat, it shifts from its position and stands fully upright. Everyone can see its left eye flash blue several times before solidifying in a blue hue as it projects the image of the True Naruni onto the center of the table.

"Good morning, ladies. I do hope you had a pleasant night, and I am looking forward to continuing our talks about our contract and expectations." He begins. "First, I will explain what I am going to do for you. Each mission I provide you will have a completion payout of 8 million; that is one million to each of you and one to your slush fund. In addition to that, certain tasks may have bonuses to them depending on how successful you are. I will not cut into the initial payout amount, that is a guarantee upon completion." He begins, and he can be seen reclining in a chair as his image rotates. "Secondly, I have already begun filtering your names to a few contacts of mine discretely, who, when able, will provide additional job opportunities outside of my own interests. My interests must take priority, but I understand that they need not always be the priority. These opportunities will increase as your tenure with me increases." The Naruni pauses for a moment and nods his head before adding. "That being said, understand this. I am a generous employer and a ruthless enemy. Please do not make me your enemy; so long as you maintain my interests, you will have free reign to do what you wish." The Naruni adds.

"Now, I do have a couple different interests that need attention, in no particular order. First and foremost, the Uteni that initially contracted the one you knew as Harkin must be found and brought to me; alive, preferably. He is a former employee who attempted to steal my designs and market them for his own benefit. Theft of intellectual property is a capital crime in my organization, and generally frowned upon everywhere within the Megaverse. Eight can give you all the information I have on him; I understand that his capture may take time but he must be captured soon. Right now, I do believe he is located within the greater region of North America, close by your current city." The Naruni states. "The second point of interest; I have a lab located in another part of your planet. Formerly known as South America, I believe. It has gone silent and was conducting essential research. Right now, your group is in a better position than I am to investigate. I can help arrange transportation should you require it, I understand it to be far for you. This must be investigated soon as well, and may well have something to do with my former employee." The Naruni finishes.

He'll wait a moment for everyone to process what he has said and can be seen clasping his palms together. "Eight will accompany you to the facility as it possesses codes required to access it. It is also an adept combat model and can be directed in combat with a high degree of efficiency; it can go into further detail on it's abilities." The Naruni briefly explains regarding the android before adding "If there are any thoughts or questions, speak now. I am not always available."

GM Note: You are encouraged to describe your return from the restaurant, your morning after and then the response to the rest of this post.
Lucille Davis

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Return to the Hanger
"Oooo... the lights are all fuzzy and swirly..." Lucy finds herself semi-slouched in the back of the return limo, deeply amused that no one was murdered. "Greatest night ever y'all. I luuuurrrrrvvvvv you!"

Morning
"Oh. My. Mummu. Amber, shhhhhh..." Lucy pulls the the covers over her face. "Ok ok, 08:00, yes. Yes. I'll be there." How did I get into the comfy bed? Wasn't I just in a limo? She peers out from the covers to survey her room, very pleased to see the sliver dress hanging delicately in its rightful place. Wow. ... I'm *great* drunk! Lucy's nose then informs her that she is in desperate need of a shower. Dragging herself from the bed, she manages to get to the shower and recover some shreds of dignity.

Whenever she walks by the conference room and spots Eight, she stops and looks it up and down. "So which of our supplies have you sabotaged?" She takes its response in stride.

Meeting
Lucy is still a bit grossed out by the image of the Naruni, so she tries to diligently stair at the wall and think about magitech radio prototyping. The first job sounds simple enough. And rules are rules I guess... though she also hates to think of what kind of flayed mess this poor sod. Hope boss Jez can think of a way to navigate this one.

The second job causes Lucy to perk up a bit. South America? Travel! She's never been south of Merctown, so this sounds exciting! And maybe less likely to get someone flayed? A girl can hope. "Question!" she volunteers when the Naruni mentions transportation. "Are we talking plane? Teleporter? Tech-only teleporter???" Could there even be such a thing? I want to see the world, but Mummu! I want to see a tech-only teleporter too!!
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Return to the Hangar
The night winding down, Megan finds herself yawning far more often and feeling more tired than she'd be used at this time of night. While no stranger to drinking alcohol, neither is she used to consuming as much in a single sitting as she had this evening. Looking up the stairs, she drunkenly thinks about using the grapnel launcher to drag her body up the flight of stairs for several moments before realizing that if she wanted to avoid ruining the tuxedo that Jez had bought her, she would have to remove the jacket at the very least, a proposition that felt like more work than she was willing to put the effort into, so instead she staggers up the stairs, steadying herself with the hand rail, setting an alarm for 7 am before falling asleep on top of the covers still dressed in her evening wear.

Morning
Her alarms goes off and by the time she is able to pick her head up off of the bed, she sees her clock reading 7:13. The realization that she had slept in her clothes from last night makes her abruptly sit up, and immediately regretting having done so as the room begins to spin like a carnival ride. While not quite completely hungover, Megan is certainly worse for the wear that morning. She spends the next couple of minutes getting out of the tux and fishing out a simple pair of sweat pants and shirt to slip into before leaving her room to go take a shower. The hot water running down her body helps finish waking her up back to her senses, if only for the next couple of hours at least if that. After she finishes in the shower, she towels off quickly and heads to the kitchen area where she makes herself a glass of orange juice and grabs a couple of plain bagels to eat during the briefing.

Briefing
Megan's eyebrows threaten to jump off of her head as the Naruni informs them that their pay per mission will be $1 million plus bonuses. Her mind is reeling over the implications that in a couple of missions she could have the possibility of being able to afford a contract to rescue her parents or her uncle and brother when the Naruni mentions wanting to question the one who contracted Harkin who sub-contracted them. She takes a long draw of her orange juice to hide her facial expressions, not liking the idea of basically double crossing an employer who, for all appearances, didn't seem to not have deserved that. The next surprise during the briefing was that they would need to travel to South America. "Lucille makes an excellent point. How are we going to get there? Because some of our equipment if too large to transport via traditional methods." Megan asks.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:10:00 AM (About 10 minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 33°F (0°C); Light rain overnight has left the air and ground damp with a strong enough breeze that it carries the cold outside into any open windows or doors. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
[Prior to the meeting; return to the Hanger]

The android acknowledges both of Susan's random questions with a polite and smooth smile. "I do not play games; though I am fond of chess in application." It says. "The creator is most benevolent when he is pleased; former associates feel his ire when they disappoint." It adds before Susan walks off. Susan then spends the night effectively programming the drones and her other tech. Everyone else's night and subsequent morning goes as intended.

[Meeting]

As everyone fields their questions to the Naruni, he clasps his hands together and nods. "The, manhunt, as you put it, is my priority only because of the damage he can cause to Naruni Enterprises. That said, finding him will be a challenge as he has eluded even my assets thus far, I had to force his hand to get him to trip up. I would need him found and captured within half a year to prevent irreparable damage, the sooner you do, I'll add more to your pay." He explains and glances around.

"Regarding the facility, it went offline within the past week and could be a form of retaliation from my associate. That would be where I recommend you start, determining how it went offline may lead to more information. Soon is a variable term, I would need you to investigate its status within the month." The Naruni states and turns its head to Jez. "As for the passcodes, I do understand your concern regarding technology and its limits and will have Eight disclose those to you as well; Eight accompanying you to the facility is not-negotiable, however. It's located deep within the Rain Forest of a former land called Brazil, I believe. Near Manoa. I do not know much about the lay of land myself as I usually have a direct means of transport there." He explains, and can even be heard laughing slightly at Lucille's over-eagerness before rolling his shoulders. "There is such a device I use to travel there, that is currently offline. Restoring the facility, and that piece of technology will not only allow me to reinforce it but potentially introduce you to a far wider realm once these two issues are resolved." He adds, turning to Megan with a nod. "I can arrange for passage on a flight transport that can house everything save the largest of personal vehicles, should the facility come back online, I can transport you back much more efficiently." It finishes. Turning to Millicent, he nods his head slightly. "There are still contractual agreements that prevent the sale of certain items on your planet via official means, but the facility coming back online opens many doors for you. My influence does extend to the storefronts on your planet so long as discretion is used." He finishes, opening his palms as he looks across the table, his hologram rotating slowly as Eight remains completely motionless and indifferent throughout the conversation.

"Going back to the 'manhunt'. I understand reservations some of you may have about hunting someone down you do not know but understand that no one is innocent. I have done morally and ethically questionable things myself in the past and paid consequences for them. As a mercenary company, I should hope you are capable of putting aside personal feelings to complete the mission at hand. If you cannot do so, tell me now." It states. As it finishes its sentence, Analoy, Megan, Susan, Amber and Jez all note the android shift its posture slightly. Jez specifically sees the right eye of the android cycle between everyone at the table, as if studying their response.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy's eyes go just a bit bigger. So they *do* have a non-magical teleporter! And K'zaa said it couldn't be done without techno-wizardry. She can't even start to imagine what technology would be needed to make such a system. I mean, without Lapis Lazuli, how would it balance the energies required? Seems totally impossible!

Lucy takes in the Naruni's words about mercenaries. Guess that's probably about right. Got to keep it professional. She looks over her fellow GIRLS, resting on the calming presence of Jez. She'll know what to do. She starts wishing the meeting would wrap up so she could get to work on her projects.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Current Effects, Other:

Megan listens to Milicent's question of how long it would take to travel there and the other team members replying to her, adding in "Air travel is certainly fastest, but not without its own inherent dangers. But I'm assuming our employer will see to it that our transport will be sturdy and protected enough to stand up to most anticipated dangers."

Amber voices her concerns about the manhunt, to which Megan says "I'm not particularly thrilled about it either. Perhaps our employer can elaborate on why his former employee had decided to leave in the manner that he did. Maybe tell us what the files he took were concerning? Should the thief have needed to physically access the site in order to take it down?"

Megan smirks at Susan's comment about formally registering a complaint about the previous attempts to handle the situation. If Susan knewthe stories I've heard about the Naruni collecting debts, she'd realize just how human those attempts had been.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:15:00 AM (About 5 minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
The Naruni once again waits for the field of questions to be dispersed before answering in whole. "There is a large transport vehicle that can be used on the way down; total travel time down there would be around 12-16 hours. Eight has the specifications and can disclose such specifics for onsite security and the personnel roster; for the sake of company privacy, a full inventory cannot be disclosed but do your best to not destroy any of the facility equipment itself." The Naruni states.

"Your bot would be strained to fit but ultimately it could. It would not, however, fit inside the facility as a whole. As you said, technology can be tested in the environment down there, and the lands aren't exactly known to be safe from undesirables. Such a large vehicle could attract undue attention, but that is merely my observation. I will add that mobility in the Rain Forest down there is usually a boon, so fast and maneuverable vehicles may be a better route. You can bring it should you desire." The Naruni replies to Jez regarding her bot. The Naruni seems to genuinely chuckle at Susan's remark and shrug. "Complaint duly noted; I was growing impatient. Having acquired you as my extended hand has tempered that anger, my androids can only accomplish so much." He says passively. Clasping his hands together, he nods. "It is quite simple; he was one of the lead researchers on a project for the corporation and was displeased with his compensation so he took several designs, prototypes and murdered a couple of his colleagues during his departure. He was one of the lead researchers at the facility you are investigating. He timed his departure with my own as I am often required in multiple locations; I cannot go into great detail on what he stole largely due to contractual limitations. Needless to say, it is experimental technology that has not yet hit the markets on your fair planet." He explains.

"Obligations now call me elsewhere. Eight will relay all remaining information you may have as it seems we have reached an accord. Just inform it of your plans should you desire to bring your large vehicle or several, smaller and disposable ones. Transport can be arranged with 24-hour notice. If you need to reach me personally again, inform Eight, and depending on obligations, I will contact you when able." It adds. "That being said, I look forward to seeing your results." It finishes and the transmission is cut.

The Android then shifts from its position and approaches the table. "If you have a personal data device you would like the information uploaded to, I can do so at your leisure." It requests and should one be provided, anyone can watch one of its index fingers spiderweb and connect to the device. "I can also go further into detail about my own capabilities at a time of your choosing."

I'm finishing up the maps, and will upload them on the next GM update
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy doesn't know anything about South America, but she did spy a man in a vision that one time. "Do we got any personal possession of the Uteni we suppose to be finding for squid face? I could try using any left overs of its psychic impression to try to ping its currently location."

She also remembers the doodling she had done on some scrap paper while they were in the meeting. "So while that Naruni was flapp'n its tentacles at the end there, I had an idea about a magitech walkie-talkie. I think it'll take me about..." she does some quick calculations, "9, 10 hours per device? So it'll take me about four days to make seven of them." She stops and smiles, and then remembers. "Oh, and about 500,000 credits, and where's the best place to source sapphire and garnet?" When Jez stocks out of the room having announced a 48 hour deadline, Lucy drops her jaw. Well, guess those will just have to wait.

She starts thinking about the other stuff they're going to need. "Did someone say jungle? I'm guessing the mosquitos are going to be a problem." She the offers to give Milly a hand with her mechanics overhaul. I'll probably learn a lot from this more materialist machine focus, she muses.
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:

If Jez wasn't planning on bringing her robot vehicle, then it was unlikely that any other larger vehicle, such as the Mountaineer, which also meant that it was unlikely there was going to be sufficient storage space for her to bring her Northern Gun Gladius as a back up power armor, but she was absolutely going to bring her Stealth Armor. Megan flies all the time in her power armor, but she's unsure how the ride in an actual air plane would compare to her Wild Weasel. A thought occurs to Megan, and after Jez finishes addressing the rest of the team, she asks her "What types of ordinance do you have on stock? Breaching charges, plastique explosives, sticks of dynamite?"

Looking to Analoy, Megan asks "How big of a piece were you going to get? Maybe you could get it started now before we leave and have it finished up after we get back?"

When Lucille starts talking about the magic tech radios, Megan speaks up saying "Um, that is great and all, but how am I supposed to be able to use it?"

After the meeting, Megan heads to the hospital to get any shots and immunizations that they might be able to provide for a trip to South America and sees if they sell any motion sickness meds, or where such things can be acquired. Following that, she returns to the Wilk's Store to purchase a Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:20:00 AM (5minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
Eight downloads the data to both Amber and Jezebel's respective devices without question and otherwise seems to completely ignore the rest of the GIRLS while they convers, until it is asked a direct question. Turning to Milly while downloading the data, it nods. "The transport can get you 32.16 kilometers from the facility if landing in Monoa. Specific details about the locals is varied and limited; as the facility itself is located beneath the surface near a larger mountain range north of the city. It is home to many undesirables that vary from pirates to associates of the Splurgoth. The location was chosen for this reason to limit effective surveillance of the facility and/or deter unwelcomed guests." Eight explains, switching from one device to the other as it turns to Jezebel. "Understood, the transport will be ready for departure in forty-eight hours on the tarmac. Precisely forty-eight hours." The android explains. Looking to Susan as it returns both devices to their respective owners, it nods. "If desired, I can take a list into the city and acquire what you need. I would need exact cost or access to one's card, however."

Turning back to Milly, it nods. "A moment." It states and Milly can see it's eyes flash briefly before it nods. "Cost for this device has been set at 110,500 and is available for pickup under the name Millicent. Do not mention the Employer to the store front." The android adds with a nod.

If the android receives a list and exact cost, it will head into town and retrieve everything it can find while the GIRLS have run of the Hanger. Otherwise, the GIRLS have 48 hours until the ship is ready to depart.
Downloaded Information
-A confusing manifest of items that neither Amber nor Jezebel can actually identify, but numbers in the thousands of different IDs
-Dossiers of 3 Lead Researchers, 12 Assistant Researchers, 30 Research Specialists, 20 Laborers and 35 Security Personnel.
-Noted Automated Defensive systems (and codes to deactivate them), inventory of 50 Spitfires and Naruni Exoskeletons.
-A summary of Eight's capabilities == [Integrated Forcefield and Anti-gravity transportation system. Modular arms and legs to fit the need of multiple situations, from hacking computers to combat. (That's a brief summary of what was downloaded.)
Downloaded Map
Main Level(s).png
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:

Megan accepts the token from Susan and has to force herself from visibly shaking her head as Susan introduces her drones and the names she has chosen for them. More than one merc that I have known will name their vehicle, power armor, weapon, or robot vehicle, all of which have not artificial intelligence and most not even capable of automation. This at least makes it easier to give orders to. I just hope she doesn't form emotional bonds with them in the event they get destroyed.
Jezebel wrote:
Megan wrote:"What types of ordinance do you have on stock? Breaching charges, plastique explosives, sticks of dynamite?"
Jez considers the ramifications of the question and nods at Megan. "Not sure. You'd better do an inventory and note what we need. We've got little time enough to acquire it for the op."

For the next forty-eight hours Jezebel will assist whoever needs help in any endeavor aimed at getting the group ready to depart in two days. Anything not necessary towards getting each of them properly kitted for this foray into the unknown and danger will earn the person a quick and businesslike rebuke to "Focus on the mission. Frak this nonsense. It can wait.
"Understood." Megan replies, and with that, she will go take inventory of the team's ordinance. After taking the inventory, she will return to Jez to make her report. "Currently, there is the following in the munitions rack, all of which are assigned to you: 19 fragmentation grenades, 15 feet of wire, one pressure detonator, three sticks of military grade dynamite, and 15 pounds of commercial plastique. Do you feel this will be sufficient? If I could make a recommendation, then I would suggest to get a wider variety of detonators at the very least, but it probably wouldn't hurt to acquire some other ordinance, either. But then again I don't know what our budget looks like, either. I have no experience with the jungle, but do you think the standard survival kit offered by Northern Gun would be sufficient?" After speaking with Jez, Megan will see who needs to most help between Lucille and Millicent. (General Repair & Maintenance [dice]3[/dice]/47%)
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 09:00:00 AM (About 24 hours have passed; 23 hours until mission start); December 30th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 31°F (-0°C); No rain, though there is still a wet cold. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
The first 24 hours are spent consolidating resources and gathering any additional gear the team thinks may be required for such a trek.

The girls break up their meeting after discussions and then each do what they need to do to get ready to head out to the southern continent. Only Jez has an inkling of what may await them, and even her knowledge of the area as a whole is limited. Milly spends most of her time tinkering in the hanger with various others helping her as able. Megan takes stock of what the hanger has and helps Milly as able while Jez delegates.

Amber, meanwhile, brings up the process of Eight and its appearance but before Jez can even answer, Eight has rounded the corner and answers for her. "This is my base appearance. My body is modular and I can adjust it to appear like many humanoids, though in a purely appearance form. If desired, I can procure a environmental armor to wear to appease any potential confrontations as an android. I leave that to your decision; as an example." Eight explains, and then Amber watches as a sort of liquid metal seems to exude from several places on its body before engulfing the android entirely. After another minute, the metal seems to solidify and color to that of a grizzled mercenary type wearing camouflage and a combat vest. Closer inspection would reveal that none of the pockets or the like are functional, but when it talks, the mouth moves in synch, as do the eyes. "This sort is not full proof, but is a working adaptable cover that takes sixty five seconds to fully form. It will serve unless under heavy scrutiny, and has been tested to fool technological sensors with a 90% efficiency."

When Amber discusses her list with Eight, the android nods. "I can pick these items up for you and deliver them if you desire. Most Naruni equipment can be acquired with a 15% discount, the NE-RV03 would cost 11,900." It answers, though before it leaves Susan comes to Eight with a revised list to add to it's task after Susan had finished discussing with Jezebel. Barring Amber or Susan having more, Eight will leave with her credit stick and her list and acquire the items. It will return several hours later with almost on the lists. The only two items it doesn't find are the Technowizard Water and Food purifiers (couldn't find a reference, please link a reference and Eight will go get them.) Analoy opts to help Milly and anyone else in the Hanger as best as able to avoid being down during their trip to the south.

On the next day, the GIRLS have one last chance to modify or gather anything else they need before they load up into the transport carrier the next morning. Jez also gets a notification that the Group Fund in Merctown State Bank has less than 100,000 remaining (85,050 remaining) after Susan and Millicent's authorized uses.

Android's Shopping List
Group
  • 1. 7 Wilk's SPU Sonic Pulsar Unit Electronic Insect Repellant 700cr (100cr ea, GMG, pg 188)
    2. 100 doses broad spectrum antibiotics; Using R:UE, pg 263 for Compu-Drug Dispenser. Avg Drug dose costs 1d4x100 per dose. Buying in bulk, I'll say it's 100 per dose. Total 10,000 cr
    3. 100 doses broad spectrum anti-fungals Same as above; 10,000 cr
    4. 500 MREs Cannot find a reference in the books; MRE's average 90$ per box of 12 IRL, which would translate to about 3,750$ for 500. Straight conversion of that much in credits for 500.
    5. TW Water Purifier Cannot find a reference for this.
    6. TW Food Purifier Cannot find a reference for this.
    Total: 24,450 cr without the two TW items.
    Credits Deducted, please add the sheets to your equipment list except for the TW items
Amber
  • NE-RV03 Ripper Vibro-Saber (short sword): Cost: 14,000 credits. Red. Cost to 11,900
    NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack: Cost: 3000 credits.
    Stun/Flash Grenade: 100 each (2)
    Canteen: Aluminum: 30 credits (2)
    Cigarette Lighter (refillable): 25 cr. (1)
    Cigarette Lighter Fluid: 6 credits per 16 ounce can. (1)
    Cross/Crucifix (silver; 4-6 inches): 150 cr.
    SPU-5, Sonic Pulsar Unit; Electronic Flea & Insect Repellant: Cost: 100 credits for necklace variety.
    Computer Reference Libraries: Jungle Warfare? South America – Manoa? Small Unit - Military Tactics? 200-400/program. (looking for any references if they are available) 400; specialized download available detailing governments and working knowledge of the Southern America Region (Most of the book information, would need a Research Roll to access specifics like current leaders/etc but it's there. Esentially downloaded the SA WBs without the high detail)
    Motion Sickness Tabs: ?; 10 cr for bottle of 100
    Water Purifying Tabs: ?; 25 cr for bottle of 10
    Total for Amber: 15,876
    Credits Deducted, please add the sheets to your equipment list.
What are you doing?

GM Note: Please try to include book references and estimates when you want to do shopping. Otherwise it may result in what you want not being found, or costing more than you anticipate. If you can't find one, just add it in parenthesis saying you looked.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

pp66%(+15%HHL-ppLFdH+30%HH)1d100
(d100)1d100
(d20)1d20
Current Effects, Other:
Jezebel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 am
Megan Price wrote:"Currently, there is the following in the munitions rack, all of which are assigned to you: 19 fragmentation grenades, 15 feet of wire, one pressure detonator, three sticks of military grade dynamite, and 15 pounds of commercial plastique. Do you feel this will be sufficient? If I could make a recommendation, then I would suggest to get a wider variety of detonators at the very least, but it probably wouldn't hurt to acquire some other ordinance, either. But then again I don't know what our budget looks like, either. I have no experience with the jungle, but do you think the standard survival kit offered by Northern Gun would be sufficient?"
Jez nods along at the report. "Yeah, that all came outta my room...from the op I ran in Free Quebec as I recall. Get what you think necessary. Get half a dozen survival kits--that's good thinking." Jez authorizes Megan to use the group fund to get what she thinks necessary, up to fifty thousand credits.
Megan will head to town and head on over to the NG Store first to purchase the 6 NG Survival Kits and browse the available ordinance that they offer. She will first purchase 36 normal (SD) blasting caps, 18 military grade (MD) blasting caps, 12 timed detonators, 6 radio detonators, and 5 more pressure detonators. She will then check the availability of NG-4 Plastique. If available, she will buy 20 lbs of it, otherwise she will check the availability of NG-2 Plastique. Once those purchases have been made, she will have all of the items delivered to the hangar then go to the Wilk's Store to buy a Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle with her own credits. After that, she will take time to relax at the gun range
Megan's Shopping Rolls
NG-4 Plastique
5%(+5%F)1d100
HdHFdd69%(+5%F)1d100
Ld62%(+5%F)1d100
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

GM Note: The Holiday Slowdown ends on Jan 2nd, which is when my next post will be. We will be back to weekly posting after that.
Conditions wrote:Location: Manoa Tarmac, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 22:09:00 PM (Mission Start); December 31th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 76°F (24.4°C);Warm, wet, humid, even in the dead of winter at night.
As Milly asks Eight about what it means by modular, the android shifts its head and holds up its arm. "No, everything I am is here, but watch." It states and Milly can then see the androids arm reconstruct itself before her very eyes, becoming a long-arm rifle. Her keen eye also notes that this rifle-mod seems identical to the one that took Jezebel's shields down with a single blast. "These are not standard upgrades; and there are few things I cannot emulate. I am a prototype in a series that the Creator has been working on for some time. The facility in question was the place of my birth." It explains and as far as Milly can tell, it is being completely honest and upfront. Turning its head to Amber, the android nods and they can watch the form become far more feminine. "Yes." It replies simply, the pitch of its voice altered to sound slightly more akin to a woman than a man.

Eight will then leave again to pick up everything else on the list as Megan does as well. Despite being particularly un-charming, Megan finds what she is looking for as most of it is fairly common mercenary items.

The rest of the day goes by quickly for most, with Amber and Jez talking while Milly works. Megan finds her way to a firing range and Susan codifies all of their supplies. Analoy ends up lounging around, rather annoyed that they accepted the op before she had time to get her tattoos while Lucille works with Milly. Eight will return with the rest of the supplies and assist in loading or working on anything; should everyone give the now-feminine android a cold shoulder, it will just stand by the door to the Hanger.

The next morning rolls around and early risers, those who meditate or can't sleep at all are alerted to the sound powerful engines and a loud streak from outside, which wakes almost everyone up. Looking outside, there is a large aircraft, brimming with armaments and powerful engines, it takes up a good chunk of the tarmac. When it finally comes to a stop, roughly a dozen technicians exit the Merctown main hanger with various carts and equipment to repair, refuel and refit the large vehicle.

Not long thereafter, Eight will walk the hallway and wake anyone who is still sleeping and find everyone. "The aircraft is ready for your equipment to be loaded. Take off is in two hours, let us make haste." It states, leaving the Hanger and heading towards the aircraft with or without them. Fortunately for the GIRLS, Susan had taken it upon herself to codify most of their supplies and load it on their vehicles, and the GIRLS find room to load nearly their entire hanger worth of equipment and the aircraft has technicians that load and strap everything down.

Inside the aircraft, the GIRLS find seats that line the hull of the craft while the center of the cargo bay is where all of their equipment is being secured. Both Milly and Jez note that there are other cargo boxes already inside the hanger with no markers on them at all, sealed and locked at the front-most of the storage bay.

At 0730 the doors to the aircraft close and everyone is ordered to take their seats for final checks. A pair of technicians walk the storage unit before strapping in themselves and at 0800, the aircraft takes off. The engines thrust more powerfully than most on the team have ever experienced, save perhaps Jezebel and her time in the ADF. Climbing quickly, the aircraft levels off and the GIRLS are allowed to roam the cabin, though find little to do besides stretch their legs. They note sporadic security walking or harnessed throughout the aircraft.

The flight itself is long; approximately fourteen hours and done in a wide arc, not a straight line and there is no windows for a view. When they land, they find themselves greeted with a blast of heat as the doors open up, easily forty degrees higher than Merctown. Anyone not in an environmental armor also almost immediately feels themselves start to sweat from the warm and wet environment. It is nightfall, and the local time reads just after 10 pm (2200).

The crew of the aircraft unhitch their equipment and offload the craft, moving everything off to the side. They are all approached by a trio of human looking females, two clad in Hoplite Power Armor, with the third wearing what seems to be modified mage armor. "Your arrival went smoothly, I am Security Officer Astrid Skellian. Please inspect your equipment and vacate the tarmac as quickly as possible. If you intend to venture beyond the walls, I would recommend you wait until daybreak, but that is your decision. You may keep any weapons you have on you, but if you cause any violence while within our boarders, we will respond in kind. If you have any questions, please let me know, we will wait here while you clear the tarmac." She says.

The GIRLS are then left to their own devices on the tarmac. The large valley they occupy is sprawled by the City of Manoa, and seems to put Merctown to utter shame in its look and feel. Lights flicker in the distance from an obvious active city, even at this time of night, and on the far side of the tarmac is a pair of large, white marble doors that lead southeast, the direction they need to go.

What are you doing?

GM Note: In your following post, please denote what vehicles you had loaded up / vs left behind.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Manoa Tarmac, Rented Hangar (2C), South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 22:30:00 PM (About 20 minutes have passed); December 31th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 76°F (24.4°C); Warm, wet, humid, even in the dead of winter at night.
After Jezebel doles out her orders and turns her question back to the leading hoplite, Officer Skellian nods. "That can be arranged, we have a number of small hangars that we rent out to visitors. They have one facility, one main bunk room with ten racks, and the rest is storage space in the main hangar. For one night, we can rent one 5,000 credits. For one week, it would be 30,000. We can only rent them so far out as a month." She explains and points to the main building. "Inside there is a kiosk where you can rent a hangar. That is outside my realm. If you have any problems, this is our security frequency you can reach us on. Please enjoy your stay and don't cause trouble within our walls." She finishes.

Skellian then turns to Amber Dach with a narrowed eye and nods politely. "Είμαι μέλος της φυλής. Είμαστε φίλοι όλων των συμπατριωτών atlaneans και είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι στα τείχη μας. Σας ενθαρρύνω να επισκεφθείτε την πόλη μας την ημέρα που μπορείτε." She answers in near perfect dialect of ancient greek. The way she speaks, Amber can gauge she is probably over a hundred years old though doesn't look much older than she does. A moment later, Skellian pulls Amber to the side. "Να είστε προσεκτικοί όταν αφήνετε τους τοίχους. Οι εντάσεις μεταξύ Cibola και Omagau έχουν αυξηθεί. Υπάρχει επίσης κάτι κακό στα νοτιοδυτικά. Δεν είχαμε χρόνο να διερευνήσουμε. Να είσαι ασφαλής, αδερφή." She says softly, her voice barely above a whisper so that only Amber can hear her. Even the advanced hearing with cybernetics is muffled by the sounds of the tarmac. Susan's device picks up only part of the sentence from Skellian, something about border tensions and something bad. Skellian will then depart with her hoplites and leave the GIRLS to their devices.

Jez heads to the Kiosk and queues up a Hangar on the display for three nights (-15,000 credits) and Jez is given a pair of security codes, one for the doors and one for initiating the generators to provide power. It's then displayed on the map and Jez can take the time to memorize its location before returning to the tarmac. In the meantime, everyone can square away their gear. Jez returns and leads them to the hangar in question. Eight will help as requested or otherwise just carry any remaining gear.

Upon arrival to the Hangar, they find and are able to power the hangar with the codes, stow their gear and find the bunk and showers. With the mission looming overhead, this may be their last chance for a decent nights sleep before heading into the wilds.

"I am a member of the tribe. We are friends of all compatriots atlaneans and you are welcome in our walls. I encourage you to visit our city on the day you can."

"Be careful when leaving the walls. Tensions between Cibola and Omagau have risen. There is also something bad in the southwest. We did not have time to investigate. Be safe, sister."

What are you doing?

GM Note: Next post will move to the morning and SP
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Outside of Manoa's Walls, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 07:00 AM (Dawn); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 97°F (36.1°C); Hot, wet and humid; the air is thick and the sunlight is strong.
The morning comes, and Amber makes a point to observe the sunrise outside while everyone begins moving around, it is beautiful, and now under the light, Amber can see the tips of the five stone pyramids of the Clan, one of them taller than 800ft. Breakfast and a good shower is had by all as they make final preparation to leave. The interior of the hangar is entirely protected from the outside weather, allowing the GIRLS to move freely to get ready. Jez can see from the outside that the sun is beating strong outside and the time is on them to earn their paycheck.

Lucille jumps into the ATV and fires it up as Susan, Amber, and Analoy all hop inside with Eight. Millicent finds a nice spot on top of it to sit with her Grease Monkey as Megan does a syscheck on her Wild Weasel, then firing it up. Seeing her crew ready and fully suited up, Jez hops on her Hornet and hits the hangar door. There is a blast of heat and humidity that suddenly fills the hangar, the windows and visors of the power armors and ATV layered with it as they start to move out. Even within her Naruni Special armor, Jezebel feels the need to squint as the sun is indeed harsh here, though it isn't debilitating her within her armor under her protective layers.

The small convoy of vehicles, the hoverbike, ATV and flying SAMAS, all make their way to the exterior gate of the tarmac and are let out without issue. A blanket warning is issued to them as they leave. "You will be screened upon your return, don't bring anything or anyone that may be a problem." A voice breaches their radios as they head out.

The area outside the Manao walls goes almost immediately from stories tall white walls to thick forest. There are several paths that that seem capable of allowing the ATV to move through the forest, and the tree canopy is thick enough that flying over it would mean losing sight of those in the underbrush entirely. The thought of potential dangers on the trek creases their minds as Eight speaks to the GIRLS over the radio. "I would advise we proceed with caution; one of the reasons this site was chosen was due to regional chaos. With so many flora and fauna that are dangerous or foreign, the warring neighbors and climate, the chances of anyone actually infiltrating the facility was remote. This path is the most direct." Eight says, and sends a ping to the drivers of the various vehicles showing a path that leads to the East, Southeast.

Ambiance Image
Tropical Forest Ambiance.jpg
What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill
Jezebel:
Analoy:
Megan:
Susan:
Lucille:
Amber:
Millicent:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Outside of Manoa's Walls, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 09:00 AM (Mid-morning); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 97°F (36.1°C); Hot, wet and humid; the air is thick and the sunlight is strong.
"Understood. I will chart the best possible path. Bear in mind this is my first time traveling this method, but will do what I can. Uploading travel path." Eight says and does as requested and will steer Lucille in the ATV in the proper direction, upload a path for the group and lead them on it, also giving a general map of the area. Addressing those in the compartment, it starts with Amber. "Unfortunately, Ms Amber, maps of this area are hard to come by due to the lack of exploration under safe circumstances. The Creator and I have never actually traveled there in this way, he always has used his personal teleportation. I do have a map of the greater region; as it was once known as Brazil some hundred years ago." Eight explains, the name meaning less than nothing to anyone in the ATV.

The path itself stretches around a hundred miles through dense terrain and does not follow a straight path by any means. As the crew looks over the path while driving, a key intersection is at the large swath of water that cut through half the continent and turned it into a giant island. They needed to cross that river, which would be dangerous for the ATV depending on where and how they did it. Amber is able to forward all the data that she had on the facility itself and keep track of their path with relative ease while Analoy watches the surroundings. Being on the inside of the ATV, her view is even more limited than those outside.

Jezebel, Millicent and Megan, being outside the ATV, get a first hand look at the thicket that surrounds them. None of them can see more than thirty feet off the path due to the collection of dense trees. Whatever possible farmland or the like that may have existed in the past has been overrun with native and alien flora that, while beautiful, is quite deadly. Susan finds herself unable to identify any of the flora beyond what is the most basic and well-known; in fact when she starts her game she immediately sees nearly a dozen that she flat out can't identify. Steering away from her game, she addressed the resident android along with Analoy, who listens and responds in kind.

"Unknown; it highly depends upon the reason the facility has gone offline. Our information is limited. The running theory is one of three; the one whom has gone against the Creator has taken over the facility, in which case they will be able to turn the facilities full systems against us; even I am not privy to all of that information, unfortunately. Second, it was infiltrated by native inhabitants and if so, then it will be easy for me to countermand any potential infiltration they have achieved as I can gain root access once on site; if the former, it will be likely that root access will be blocked." Eight explains. "Finally, something from within the facility has caused it to go offline. The creator experiments a great deal with advanced A.I. as well as Organic Manipulation. There were several specimens from the local environment that were being tested upon that we may need to neutralize. A fourth possibility is something I've yet to consider. Once we are on-site I can gain access to a computer and garner much more information." Eight finishes going further into detail, never taking its eyes off the path ahead. It seems to ignore the last question from Susan.

About two hours into the rather boring trek, Eight comes on the net to all the GIRLS. "We are nearing the river that divides the continent, and are two thirds the way there. I have led us to a junction that has the narrowest berth, though I am unsure the ATV can continue the trek. At this area, it has a depth ranging between eight and thirty feet and is between forty to sixty feet in width." Eight says and moments later, everyone can see the cresting of the river ahead. As this happens, Amber feels goosebumps trail her skin as her sixth sense triggers and feels herself look around hurriedly; something is coming.

SA Path.png

Closer up 1a.png

What are you doing?

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Megan:
Susan:
Lucille:
Amber: -2 I.S.P.
Millicent:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Somewhere West of Manoa, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 09:00:45 AM (Combat Round One); January 1st, 112PA
Jez rears her Hornet around and into a shrub as she watches the surroundings as the ATV comes to a stop. Megan positions behind it while Analoy pops the roof with Milly jumping off and peeling to the side. Susan powers up her drones as Eight remains still inside the ATV with Lucille clenching the steering wheel. All is quiet for a few seconds as they take in there surroundings, Jez and Analoy are both confidant that the best place for the ambushers to hide is in the nearby thicket, though she sees no traps nor movement. Analoy, however does see movement in the thicket behind the trees though it is hard to make out.

The silence doesn't last more than those few seconds before the GIRLS hear an echoing howl and whooping that seems the be coming from all around them. This howling sends chills down the GIRLS collective spines and in but a moment, they seem to be peppered by assault fire.

Analoy is able to duck back into the ATV as the side of the vehicle is hit, while Millicent dodges an initial volley, though in her jumping, she turns into another blast that splashes across her main body. She spots a pair of riders on beasts the likes of which she has never seen round the corner, one on the other side of the shrub Jez pulled into. Jezebel was right in that the ATV was the main target, though she is surprised to see something come out of the shrub on her right bellowing a howl as it brandishes a large cleaver towards her. Everyone hears Megan open fire from behind them with her Plasma-Ejectors as she calls out over the radio, "We're surrounded!".

Ambush R1.png

What are you doing?

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Megan: -22 M.D.C. from Force Field
Susan:
Lucille: -31 M.D.C. from the ATV MB
Millicent: -18 M.D.C. from the MB of Grease Monkey
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 09:01:00 AM (Combat Round Over; They ran); January 1st, 112PA
After the initial foray began, the GIRLS quickly began organizing against their would-be ambushers. Amber slides out of the right side of the ATV (to the north) while triggering her Psi-Shield and brandishing her vibroblade. She immediately comes face to face with a brutish looking humanoid who bellows in her face as he comes down on her hard with what appears to be a mace; though she is able to deflect most of the impact with her shield and retaliate with a devastating blow. During this bellow, both Millicent and Jezebel identify the assailants as Larhold Barbarians, with some on War Bisons. The ones on the ground are human adoptees while the riders are true Larhold.

Millicent barrels the one next to her that is flanked with Amber and fires another round at the rider on a Bison. Susan pops up through the hatch and gets her drones in the air as Lucille drops the hatch for them. Tagging the one in between Megan and the ATV, she directs the fire of her drones there while leveling several blasts towards the one Amber is fencing. Analoy follows Susan up and takes hold of the turret as Susan starts taking pop shots, ducking back in and out.

Jezebel, meanwhile, turns to her left and, after merging with her NE202, fires. The first strike is true and hits solidly, however the second shot overloads and seems to backfire back into her in its merged state and completely shreds her NEBA-26's right-arm armoring and the weapon itself explodes from the plasma back blast, leaving her weaponless at the moment and stunned.

Analoy and Millicent both note that the trio that are off the Bisons are being cut down far more aptly than the ones on the Bisons, the true Larholds being stronger. The ones on the bisons return fire while the human-Larholds close with melee weapons against the GIRLS. Amber is unable to properly parry a solid hit that rattles her arm but is then able to push the Larhold-human back as both Milly and Susan drop it. Analoy levels the turret at the one in the north and two solid blasts nearly disintegrate the rider and char the bison which roars out in pain, ramming into the ATV as she spins around to the south to the one Megan is fighting. While Milly does a good job avoiding most of the fire, a few does ricochet off of her armor.

Millicent notices Jezebel's stunned and fried state as a human-Larhold erupts from behind her and hits her hard with a mace-like weapon, that bounces off of her shield. She focuses her fire on the two south of the ATV to help Jezebel while Susan changes fire to the one Southeast of the ATV (SW of Megan). Megan is doing good at dodging and only gets her shield crazed by a few rounds while Analoy finishes off the one to the NE of the ATV. It's then that the turret on the ATV jams up as Susan and her Drones take out the one SE of the ATV together.

There is a loud whopping and howling sound from across the river. The one Human-Larhold that remains mounts the Bison that was horn-locked with the ATV and he and the True Larhold take off to the south as the sound from across the water echoes into the distance and the GIRLS are suddenly met with a eerie silence again. The sounds of the engines kicking around them still humming, Jezebel's head is ringing from the backblast while Analoy tries to fix the mounted cannon. Lucille comes over the coms in a weird mix of excitement and worry. "Whew, is that over?"

Both Jezebel and Millicent who remember the Larhold know that this was a raiding party, likely attempting to cash on unsuspecting fortune seekers and not a well armed militant group. That, or they were testing you. They both can safely assume that the Larhold won't let them travel peacefully and will need to keep a watchful eye.

Now, with the overwhelming fire brought to bear, the would-be ambushers seem to be, at least for the moment, driven off. All that stands before you are some caucuses and the river which you must cross.

Close up2.png

What are you doing?

Jezebel: Right Arm of NEBA26 Destroyed, NE-202 Destroyed. | -18 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy:
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Lucille: -49 M.D.C. from the ATV MB
Amber: -2 I.S.P. | -22 M.D.C. from Shield
Millicent: -37 M.D.C. from the MB of Grease Monkey
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 09:10:00 AM (About 10 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Immediately following the end of combat, the GIRLS collect themselves. Susan takes a moment to check for any survivors, however she finds none while Amber studies the mace of the fallen human barbarian before her. While he hit hard, the mace she is holding appears to be nothing more than a common type of electro-mace, likely picked off a traveling troop from a different raid. They weren't wearing any armor of note. The Larhold themselves definitely seemed to be locals, judging by how quickly they came and went into the forest that surrounds them. They used the thicket and avoided detection until the last moment which implies well-versed knowledge on the local flora. Jez shaking off the disorientation and irritation caused by that foray and misfire.

Taking an extra moment to try and replace Jezebel's armor's arm, everyone moves around and checks the corpses for armor only to find what Amber noticed initially. None of them wore armor of note beyond animal pelts and the like. The humans, deceased, seemed no more physically resistant than Susan but during the combat, were notably more durable and strong. They do, however, find a pair of TX-H1-M Electro-Maces. They also find a NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol and a pair of pistols they can't identify; doesn't seem to be from any manufacturer they recognize. While looking at them and rummaging through what they have, it does strike the team as odd that the raid party was so small and seems likely that, based on the lack of equipment in general this was not a raid but something else.

Deciding together that the best course of action is to build a bridge from the many nearby trees, Susan, Jez and Milly all find several candidates on their side of river that are both long and thick enough to create a sturdy bridge for the hefty Mountaineer. Several nearby trees being over a hundred feet tall and easily six to eight feet thick. The android moves with them and glances to Amber and nods. "I have a vast array of growing knowledge; these trees would likely work as a bridge. They are tall enough that all that would be required is making them fall in the right direction then binding them so they do not move apart." The android states, pausing and touching one of the nearest trees. "The physiology of the tree has been altered, its composition is far more durable than most." It states, holding out its hand and forming a blade. Striking the tree trunk, a small cut is left where the android slashed. "It will take time to cut through this, and they are heavy. I would recommend removing branches and that we do one tree at a time." It states simply.

Using vibro-blades, being smart, it will take approximately thirty minutes to an hour of dedicated work to cut a single tree down if four people work together. Double that time if you plan to remove tree branches to make it easier. Each tree probably weighs in excess of 30,000 lbs due to its composition and size, if not more. Due to their weight, and the slope of the land you are on; there is a good chance that unless secured, they will roll when they fall.

How do you plan on doing this; allocation of work and skill rolls would be appreciated. I reward skill rolls and thought out plans.

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 10:45:00 AM (About an hour and a half has passed); January 1st, 112PA
Jezebel takes a moment to inspect both unidentified weapons and though they are both completely new to her, she learns two things; they are each laser based and besides scuff marks, are excellent quality. They seem to be made with technology she hasn't seen on the planet she occupies yet, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. It's more than likely these weapons were acquired during different raids by the Larhold, and likely on another world entirely. She sees the phrase 'G-44' on one of them and 'HI-10' on the other upon close inspection.

Analoy, making her comment to Jez then to Eight, listens as the android shakes its head. "The facility in question is entirely subterranean except for the entrance which blends into the environment like a hunting blind. We did not require massive reconstruction of the neighboring forest to build the facility. The facility also has a large hanger access that has specifically been grown over, here." It says and holds out its arm, a holographic image appearing showing the map of the facility the GIRLS have. The largest room being highlighted half a mile north of the entrance. "This hangar access is never used to maintain secrecy; only to be used when final shutdown has occurred. I do not have any aerial photos of the surrounding area in my database, such as our current location." It answers Analoy.

Analoy then keeps watch of the surrounding area after clearing the jam from the turret while the others get to work. Everyone else splits off to do their deeds. Lucille mans the turret while Susan sits in the truck with her drones, keeping an aerial overview of the area. Amber, Jezebel, Millicent and Megan then work together on taking down a few of the larger trees.

Focusing first on nearest tree, though not the largest, Amber jetpacks up and begins clearing branches while Jez, Milly and Megan work on the lower portion of the treetrunk. This tree has a general base thickness of about 3.3m (approx. 11ft thick) and is easily over a hundred feet tall. Fortunately, the work they are doing, while cumbersome is relatively quiet (unlike using a chainsaw). Millicent judging where they need to strike and marking the spot to hopefully begin making a decent bridge, they begin. Each swipe they make at the base of the tree makes a cut.

The surrounding forest has the sounds of a rainforest, various life can be heard all around them though the engine of the Mountaineer has been killed to preserve gas. The thuds of the blade impacts is heard, as is every branch that Amber sends to the ground. Analoy doesn't spot anything stalking them.

About an hour and a half in, after Amber had cleared an ample amount of branches and the trio below chipped enough away to make a teeter point, they let the tree fall. There is a moment as the tree begins to tumble, a crack is heard and Jezebel can see the angle is off as it starts to fall. Amber can also feel a certain change in the ambient magical energies after the crack. It takes a solid fifteen seconds for the tree to fall all the way down. When it lands, Milly sees her judgement was off slightly and the tree fell at a hard angle and while it lands and connects to the other side of the river; it lands in such a way that it is not perpendicular to the cliffs but instead forms an acute angle.

Overview.png

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 11:15:00 AM (About thirty minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
The idea to leap across hits everyone who's seen Jezebel when she jumped after the first robot assassin like a light bulb over their heads as Susan mentions it; even Jezebel. Deciding to check the terrain, she leaps across the gorge with relative ease. The soil on the other side, while damp, is rather strong with roots and patches of brush, she doesn't even remotely lose her footing. Jezebel then leaps back and checks on the ATV. Her strength catching even herself off guard as she is able to lift the Mountaineer with Lucille still in the driver's seat. "Holy moly, boss!" Lucille calls out as Jezebel hoists it up. It is large and awkward and her muscles definitely feel strained but she is confident she can lift it across; though her leaping ability might be limited with it. Motioning Megan over, Jezebel climbs underneath the ATV and spreads out her arms, hooking in with the undercarriage as she stands upright and hoists it on her shoulders. It's uncomfortable but much easier, especially with Megan on the tailgate and steadying it with her power armor.

Meanwhile, Millicent crosses the bridge she made while Amber helps ferry any lose gear across. Susan, Lucille and Analoy follow Millicent and then wait and watch. From the other side, they see the Mountaineer move from side to side as Jezebel moves underneath it, getting closer to the edge. Fortunately, no one can see or hear Jezebel's face as, even though this is within her limit, it's the very first time she has ever tried something like this. Her muscles are not used to this type of use and she feels them straining, especially her tricep and shoulder muscles, and her thighs. Still, pushing through it, she steadies herself with Megan helping steady the Mountaineer. In one solid push, she lowers then leaps up with a grunt and covers the distance quickly.

The Mountaineer's sheer weight and the impact on the ground causes Jezebel to lose her footing underneath but fortunately the large ATV has plenty of clearance and she just falls to her knees, her muscles feeling like they are burning.

With all that said and done, everyone else re-secures the equipment, Lucille jumps back in the driver's seat. Jezebel meanwhile heads to the other side and retrieves her Hornet, and with that, the troop is ready to move out again.

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 12:45:00 PM (An hour and a half have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Before starting their trek, Susan destroys the crossing they made as everyone resituates and then begins their trek. Amber taking shotgun this time, tries to help Lucille navigate however she is completely out of her element in this environment and steers them towards a cliff face. Fortunately it is a simple matter to reroute with the route Eight provided and the team is on course. Susan continues her intellectual assault on the android with her riddle, to which the android turns slightly towards her. "I am sand." It answers simply before returning towards helping guide Lucille.

Enroute, Jezebel does spot several traps laid out that appear to be made of a combination of vines, logs, rocks and netting, rope and other type equipment. No doubt placed here to catch unsuspecting travelers however the GIRLS were suspecting and are able to reroute around them with ease. There doesn't seem to be anyone handling said traps.

About an hour into the travel, Eight pings over the radio. "The facility entrance is located on the other side of the coming rock face. It will be hard to see until we are right upon it. Terrain and local willing, we are less than thirty minutes from the door." It states. Analoy takes her queue and prepares the team a cold light lunch on the road for everyone to enjoy before diving into whatever they may come to find.

Fifteen minutes after that radio call, Eight opens the door to the ATV. "I will lead now, follow my exact path, do not deviate." It states simply and leaps out. Jezebel is ahead of the ATV and no sooner did she hear that radio call did the android seem to zoom past her. Her trained eye sees several curious items sticking out from the ground, like black antennae spread out over several meters. There is a single path large enough for the ATV between these that the android leads them through until it reaches a collection of large trees that rest against the rock face. They stand tall and between them, embedded into the stone is a door that a passing eye would never have seen.

"We have arrived. At this point, I will disable internal security as I am able so that we may enter unimpeded. Note, if it truly is the former employee, they may have had the means to restrict my access; I also cannot control anything that is not automated. When you are ready, I will open the door." Eight says, standing next to a small terminal that seems to be woven into the nearest tree.

Main Level.png
Sub Level.png

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 12:50:00 PM (About 5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
The sentries Susan so gleefully refers to her as babies disembark and join the crew. And after the GIRLS collect and organize with orders doled out, Eight does as instructed and opens the door and strolls in as though it belongs. Jezebel, Analoy and Millicent all see a dark interior that illuminates as Eight walks in. There is no obvious light location, it just seems as though the entire first room is lit without leaving shadows. What is obvious to everyone as you walk in is a corpse with blood stained on the floor and walls with several large dents.

Jezebel sees several indents in the wall where probably auto-defenses are located that currently seem inactive as well as a pair of domes on the ceiling that are easily identifiable as possible cameras. Whether they are active or not is impossible to tell at the moment.

Susan is completely oblivious to all of this as she contemplates their companion, Eight, and its decision to answer her most recent riddle and not the earlier ones. While somewhat experienced in the study of artificial intelligence, she has never met a true one so Eight remains an enigma to her. However, she is confident Eight has displayed sentience as far as she can tell though it is reserved. She isn't able to tell if the androids reservations is because it desires to be or because it is programmed to be. In her quandary, she trips over the corpse and nearly falls into Amber.

Amber extends her senses to see if she can pick up on any supernatural evils that may be lurking inside the facility within range. When she does this, she is nearly floored with a sickening feeling that something evil is indeed within range of them; something that radiates enough to almost give the lantean a headache.

Immediately to the left of the door (on the right side if looking from the inside, out; or south side of the door on the map) is a small computer terminal that also has stained blood on it. Jezebel moves to this and attempts to merge with it, exerting her overpowering control over the computer system to see what she can gain access too. As soon as Jezebel connects, she is met with heavy resistance akin to a powerful firewall that seems to be limiting access to root control. She gains knowledge about the structure of the internal system, including that under normal operations, there is an Artificial Intelligence that controls the base in its entirety. That AI seems to have gone offline and all that remains is the existing firewalls. Jez knows this terminal won't grant her access to the root directory, but that a nearby terminal in either Research Lab 1 or 2 could. She also knows that the AI root would be found on the second level in the secondary control station and that bringing it online would restore this facility, at least partially. There is also an impressive block on both the Hangar and Testing rooms.

Eight looks towards the dead corpse and touches it while Jezebel does her merge and its face visibly softens. "This was Miz'u; one of the creator's most brilliant researchers." It states before standing and looking towards the next door. "The base is offline; we must restore it and we can contain whatever else is going on here." It finishes, glancing to the others and moving towards the door, ready to open it.

GIRLS Movement 1.png

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Millicent:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 12:55:00 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Susan investigates the body while everyone else discusses what they have been able to glean off the entrance room. Susan identifies several lacerations and that the likely cause of death was massive trauma to the body; something clawed and beat this body to death. Analoy puts together from what Amber and Jez have both said, and how the body died that something took this base offline and it likely was not the work of the Uteni.

Amber thinks hard about what could be with them in the facility but whatever she is feeling is alien to her and their are no identifiable magical markings, not that she would expect to find them in a Naruni facility. While thinking on the idea of a dimensional transporter that uses technology instead of magic, she is at a complete loss for how it could function. Though, she does successfully pick up a psionic scent that used to be in this room from the evil she senses. It's lingering but old, about as old as the body since it had died she could guess.

Moving on from that, the team fastens up and moves on. Eight opens the door to the next corridor that leads to the first security checkpoint. The hallway is dark and roughly seventy feet long; there are several dents and caked blood that line the floor and walls visible. It is likely that its from the body in the entryway trying to escape whatever else is in the facility. There are also scorch marks on the walls that only Jezebel can see amid the darkened interior signaling likely weapons fire, though there was no weapon on the body and no visible defenses active. Millicent maintains a constant watch on their rear and notices the doorway behind them automatically shuts as they reach about thirty feet away.

The hallway is quiet besides the sounds of their steps against the metallic hallway, though even that is subdued. Everyone can feel their collective selves feeling uneasy, unsure what to even expect from the security checkpoint. Arriving at the door, there is no visible access that Jezebel can see though Eight approaches and places its hand on the door. A few moments later, it slides open.

Inside, the GIRLS aren't sure what they see. A room in tatters, completely demolished. If there had been a security desk, it was in pieces. There are four turrets on the ceiling that are ripped from their mounts and left dangling and scorch marks that pepper the walls. What's more impressive, or concerning, is the two large and mangled robotic cyborgs in either corner of the room, anyone who has been to the Naruni Enterprise's storefront in Merctown can recall seeing over a dozen of these near statue like and fear inspiring robots. Eight moves towards one of them and kneels, shaking its head. "We will need to proceed with caution; whatever is loose is strong enough to contend with these and win. Please leave them where they lie, the Creator will wish to salvage these." Eight says.

The psionic scent is much stronger in this room for Amber, and looking past the damaged room, the GIRLS can see the next doorway south is wedged open. That malicious feeling grows stronger and suddenly, Amber feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand as her arms feel riddled with goosebumps. The Mind Melter knew they were in danger.

GIRLS Movement 2.png

What are you doing?

Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: Sixth Sense Active, -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:56:15 PM (1m:15s have passed; Combat Round One); January 1st, 112PA
Jez points out her findings while everyone scours the room. Millicent attempts to follow Jezebel's request to meld with the inoperable Repo-Bots, first with telemechanics. Unfortunately, Millicent is met with an odd reaction to her Telemechanics unlike anything she has seen from a machine before. The only thing she knows is that, unlike normal, she gained no working knowledge of the repo-bot before her. Blinking once, she attempts to find a manual activator to no avail. Getting creative, she reaches out with Electrokinesis to see if there is any way she can turn on any of the systems in the Repo-bots chassis, only to again meet failure. Finally, exhausting all other avenues, she attempts to merge with the repo-bot with Machine Ghost. Confident she can access the machine's systems, even in its inactive state. She is met with a nothingness, as though the ghost of her failed to communicate with the machine entirely. Millicent is awestruck at why these repo-bots would be completely unaffected by her abilities (A successful Intelligence or Lore D-Bee (with a penalty) will tell you why it may be so).

Unfortunately, Millicent is unable to mentally process why as a reverberating roar echoes from down the hallway that nearly makes her stumble. The crew readies themselves for combat as loud impacts are felt on the ground that seems to shake the facility around them.

Jezebel sees the thing first, and there is no way she could hope to describe the sight in time. A monstrosity is the only way to describe it as it barrels down the hallway towards the wedged open door. Taking aim, Jez fires her shotgun and watches the plasma blast impact with full force. The creature obviously seems to have sustained damage but is not slowed in the slightest. It clears the hallway in seconds and lunges its long fleshy arm forward. Impacting part of the door and widening its berth, the large talon is coming straight for Jez who barely is able to parry it to the side.

Millicent steps back and levels her weapons towards the exposed arm as Amber moves in with her Vibrosword. Eight steps to the side and in an instant seems to be armed with two large blades instead of its normal hands and attacks viciously. Susan and Analoy move back and fire towards the exposed arm as Susan's Drones hold fire with Jez too close to the fight. Susan's net impacts and wraps around the arm, though it proves to be ineffective as the overall net does not encompass the entirety of the attacker who is still in the hall.

Another instant later, a second fleshy arm breaches the door, this time going for Amber. While deflecting with her shield, the talons seem to grip the shield and slam the Atlantean back against the wall (-22 MDC from the Shield). Amber can feel the weight of the impact nearly squeezing her against the wall. Jez, having seen no head nor feet to trip, moves to her currently pinned comrade and unveils a physical assault that would level most normal humanoids. The Arismal feels as though she is striking hardened steel. Meanwhile, everyone else continues to fire.

Eight falls into an impressive flurry of slashing attacks, moving like a whirlwind, striking the same spot on the arm pinning Amber until it is nearly hacked off. The first arm lashes to the side in a long arc, striking towards Jez, Analoy and Eight in a sweeping attack. Both women take the lash but are not knocked down, and Eight is knocked back enough to halt its attack as both arms start to recoil, still under fire from the others. The arms pause in the doorway and seem to start wedging it wider.

GIRLS Movement 3.png

Naruni Facility E1.jpg

What are you doing?

Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 12:56:30 PM (15s have passed; Combat Round Two-ish); January 1st, 112PA
Amber takes the Net Gun from Susan, then Amber focuses a moment and exerts a sheer mental force of will that seems to cause the creature to recoil briefly into a pulsing molded monstrosity. While in this haze, the GIRLS unload on this beast in a fairly coordinate counterstrike. Amber takes this moment to try to figure out what this creature is and while she doesn't recognize it outright, there are several characterists inherent in other creatures that seem to be exhibited in this thing. Including the ability to channel magical energies. That all said, the monster is unlike anything she has ever seen. Milly similarly runs into the same reasoning as she tries to think on the type of D-Bee it could be.

Jez leaps forward and squares herself on the back of the monster. She then notes that this thing feels like she is standing in mud. Wasting no time, she clenches her fist to deliver a brutal Power Touch that rattles the monster's paralyzed body, she almost feels the reverberation from her strike return to her. Susan levels 3 blasts, with one of them missing and Milly hits with one out of her two aimed shots. Analoy's first blast misses, but her second splashes over the still standing body. Jez notes that during this, it seems to still be standing. The impacts are seen damaging the body. Susan notes something odd during the encounter. The damage being done can be seen, under close inspection of a educated mind, repairing itself.

Unfortunately, the beast does not remain paralyzed as long as Amber had hoped. Jezebel feels the beast beneath her shake, causing one of her touches to miss as she lands two more. Each touch she lands causes the beast to roar in anger, causing Jezebel to leap off its back to dodge a large swipe coming her way. To both Susan and Jezebel, it appears that the behemoth has grown slightly and it swiftly lunges towards Jezebel with large fangs. Millicent lands fairly direct hit on the behemoth's eye and jawline with her second salvo that knocks it back to the ground as Jez gets another touch off. Susan, Amber and Analoy continue unloading with fair accuracy. Amber slashes upwards and it roars, prompting Amber to trip slightly and drop her sword. Cursing, she recovers it for another slash before it slips out of her hands again.

As the beast is knocked back it stumbles under the obvious damage done to it. Lashing out with its arms, swiping down the hallway, everyone is forced to duck or dodge to avoid it. It turns and rushes down the facility, Jezebel's final Touch missing (2 missed) as it speeds away, deeper into the complex with an echoing roar.

You have the chance to pursue it and remain in combat, but you will need to move very fast. Otherwise, you can let it retreat and try to deal with it later.

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update
Amber wrote:“Anyone know what it is? I swear I was seeing parts of dinosaurs, humans and gorilla bits in it. It kind of reminds me of something that you would see in a land of dead or another world but not the same as that. I don’t know.” She looks over at Eight. “Eight. You looked like you were doing a fair bit of damage against it. Do you have any knowledge of what this is and how to fight it?”
The android, which heeded Jezebel's instruction and remained with the group, appears to be in its normal configuration now with both blade formations completely gone. Turning to Amber as she addresses it, Eight does something akin to a half-nod. "That is one of a Doctor Aeon's projects; specimen R71." Eight answers, now staring towards the darkened hallway where it retreated off too. "Regrettably, both Doctor Aeon and his research was kept encrypted and secret. You will have to ask the Creator for more information about the Doctor; though I do know the Doctor was not present at the time this facility went offline." It answers, turning back to Amber. "What I can tell you about the creature is that R71's weakest point is its eyes and joints; as is true with most organic enemies. From my brief analysis, it can take a great deal of punishment, attack multiple opponents at once with intelligence and has an augmented physical body. It showed susceptibility to paralysis, though does adapt quickly and it feels pain. I need to observe or interact with it more for further details." Eight finishes and moves towards the Hallway, ready to proceed before looking back and adding. "Also, I know that neither the Creator nor the Doctor would care if this particular project was eliminated as recovery of the facility is paramount. However, keeping it alive and trapping it may well earn you the good graces of the Creator, which often translates to considerable resources or some other negotiated reward."
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:01:30 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Eight glances back to Amber. "Doctor Aeon's Research Lab was on the second level. Unfortunately, I do not know how many experiments like this exist on this base, however the facility itself is only designed to house a maximum of seven ongoing projects. I shall do my best to inform everyone as we encounter each threat." It says before turning towards to Susan. "In the Doctor's lab is the containment vessel designed to neutralize and hold R71. If that fails, then the only other way to contain it is by luring it to the Testing Room."

Jez begins her skulk down the corridor while the rest of the GIRLS fall in tandem. Together they move to the next room down the hallway. It has been smashed to pieces, likely by R71; two more Repo-bots are slumped on the floor in this room as well. Something that catches Susan and Amber's eyes is that neither of these Repo-Bots look terribly damaged. Everyone else sees several large locker doors imbedded into the wall and what looks like a content scanner; something used to scan the crates being brought in this way. There doesn't seem to be any weapons damage to this room, just that caused by brute impact.

The GIRLS can hear an echoing roar from much deeper inside the facility and weapons fire. Peering out of the room and down the corridor, it definitely sounds like it came east. Jez knows the closest research terminal she might be able to access is just north around the corner.

GIRLS Movement 4.png

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:06:30 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Amber visually inspects the Repo-Bots and while this type of technology is alien to her, the Atlantean feels confident that these Repo-Bots were not killed by R71 like the ones in the other room seem to have been. Susan breaks off and heads towards one of the Repo-Bots, scouring the inactive borg for some sort of access port. The technology behind the Repo-Bot reminds Susan of a Combat Cyborg but far more advanced, and she is unable to locate an access port that she can use. Undeterred, she uses her knowledge of cybernetics and bionics, checking the connection points between systems. Close inspection reveals that this bot did not suffer nearly as much damage as the ones in the other room but she is unable to tell why they remain inactive.

Jez, meanwhile, leads the rest of the GIRLS out of the room and into the next Hallway. The battle-tested soldier expertly traveling the dark and alien facility with Eight and the others close in tow. Amber remaining in the rear with Susan while she does her examination, and Milly pulling the rear of the advancing group.

Rounding the corner, Jez peers down the corridor and sees the larger security junction room. Crossing into the room, Jez sees four indented ceiling panels that resemble deactivated turret ports. Looking further to the East, Analoy spots an alcove towards the north leading to the Security Lockup which would be a decent ambush point if someone were there. Jez looks northward and sees a long, dark hallway. In this lighting, with this distance, only Jez can see the northern entry point to the Research Lab between eighty and a hundred feet away. The hallway going north is a tad more narrow than the entrance corridors and another decent point for ambush that Jez identifies.

Another roar echoes from deeper inside the facility to the west, but once that sound fades it is deceptively quiet in the hallway. Eight approaches the north hallway entrance with Jez and looks out, standing next to the Arismal. "When we get to the Lab, allow me to access it first to ensure you won't be in danger when linking to the system." Eight says softly in the darkness. Susan and Amber both join the rest of the GIRLS at the Security Junction.

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:03:00 PM (1.5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Eight looks to Jezebel and shakes its head. "Nothing. I offered because I am the expendable one. Should a threat exist and damage me, you all will be able to complete your mission for the creator. Should any one of you die due to negligence, it would sour our arrangement." Eight explains matter-of-factly. "As for protections; I am afraid that is outside my knowledge. I do know this facility is moderated by an Artificial Intelligence and each researcher had their own AI assistant within the facility mainframe. Judging on that, I would infer it is option two."

After sizing up their options, Jez issues her directive to her comrades, with Analoy taking the lead. Susan, not one to risk life, sends her drone ahead of the group as they begin clearing the rooms. Amber is still wrecking her brain trying to pin down what that monster was, but she can smell its psionic residue as it lingers in the air; the scent is weak, suggesting distance.

The corridor is longer than anyone could possibly think is necessary, but the GIRLS reach the first Lab without incident (#13). Analoy uses her powers over darkness to meld with the shadows and essentially vanish from sight in the dimly lit hallway and room. Upon entering, Analoy can see that nothing is hiding in the darkness and the other GIRLS enter from the Hallway.

This lab (#13) has three different stations within it. Each station its own self contained unit with a functional, though inactive, computer and equipment. It seems that this room is meant to house small projects of the weapon or software nature.

Jezebel gives the room a quick but scrutinizing search and finds nothing out of the ordinary; except maybe that all three lab consoles appear devoid of any actual project work. Jez is able to find the hidden pistol holster at each lab station as backups for the researchers. Each in a different location on the given lab console, each with a pistol in the holster except one.

As Jez is scrutinizing the room, Analoy moves back out and turns north. Pausing at the doorframe and still looking for any clues that might help, Analoy spots a dried half palm-print of blood that is so faded she nearly missed it. The placement of the hand, angling and age seems to indicate someone was injured and ran northward down the Hallway. Other than the pistol being missing from the second station, Jez is confident the room is clear.

Milly, meanwhile, is pulling the rear of the group as it advances and can see the drone named Captain Cullen by Susan as it fades against the distance and darkness. The silence in the hallway thick as Susan reads a sensor ping on Captain Cullen. If she tries to remote view through the drone, will see nothing eastbound in the facility from the security junction, except darkness.

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:05:00 PM (About two minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA

After securing the two Slim-Line pistols, Jez directs the others to move with her, northbound to the remaining rooms in the wing. Amber takes point with Jez. They quickly connect with Analoy and head north. Jezebel finds evidence of a struggle and a red light on the door to the second research lab (#14) with Eight approaching. "Odd. This room is locked down from within. Each Research Lab has a containment protocol that can be initiated, allowing for a complete lockdown of the room should containment be breached, such as with R71. Atmosphere in the room is vented and an acidic vapor is released. I'm afraid that door won't open unless we reactivate the facility or blow it off, and we risk spreading that vapor if it hasn't cycled yet if we do." Eight warns Jezebel, turning to her. "I suggest we move forward." Eight adds, Amber taking Jezebels flank at the door. Jezebel sees a black circle on the door console with a small blue light that is concealed into the console, likely a security camera recording anyone who uses the console. Amber picks up a psionic scent from the doorway that feels familiar to the Atlantean but its congested or weak, far weaker than anything she's felt. Being this close to the door, Amber can now sense what feels like a vampire.

While Amber and Jez stop at the door, Analoy continues tracing the tracks she found and they lead past the second research station and towards the Equipment Lockup (#15). Going as far as the corner before the doorway, Analoy finds the body of an alien that was been shredded. It lay dead before a closed door leading to the lockup that is indented with claw marks and caked on fluid.

Meanwhile, Milly stays behind at Junction 5 while her team ascends down the research wing, maintaining watch of the dark corridor while listening into the radio. When she hears Jez radio that they are to move to the next room and a possible survivor, Milly finds herself looking down the Research Wing. It's then that Milly hears a thud that softly echoes from the east of the facility. The Security Drone Susan left behind, Captain Cullen, helping to monitor also seems to pick it up. Susan alerting them of the sensor ping prompts Milly to do her own sweep while Susan moves the drone up the wing hallway. Tapping the Nightvision first, Milly notes that the darkness in some spots is too deep for the nightvision to see. Switching to IR and UV, she sees nothing.

GIRLS Movement 5.png

(2) NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8

Code: Select all

[b]NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715092638-6d2e77e1.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 200'
[*]Damage: 3D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
[*]Weight: 1 lb.
[*]Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
[*]Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8[/list][/size]

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:05:45 PM (About 45 seconds have passed); January 1st, 112PA
As Analoy settles in to wait near the Lockup near the body, she notices that the sliding door has blood streaks at the bottom of it, suggesting it was opened and closed amid the pool of blood from the body.
Amber then suddenly rings across the net about vampires and securing the door to the second research lab (#14) with Jezebel quickly trying to remember what she knows about them. Fortunately, the Arismal soldier enjoys being prepared and has studied them before as she opens her visor to calm her comrade.

After a brief verbal confrontation between Jezebel and Amber about the vampire, both GIRLS head north to the room Analoy is on. Milly heads Jez's request and turns north, the eerie darkness and silence of the eastern hallway staying still as she moves.

Milly, with Susan and Eight, stands before the second lab (#14) looking for access ports. This is unlike anything she has seen when it comes to a cell. The access panel is simple, a card and port are visible with a camera. The Lab itself is highly secured, seemingly to rely on audio, biological and textile authorizations before entering. Milly can't seem to find any way to connect with the interior of the room however, though she senses a low source of power coming from the center of the room behind the door.

A little further north, while Milly works on the door, Jezebel and Amber head north to reinforce Analoy. Moving past the body and Analoy, Jez approaches the door. It definitely does not look as secure as either lab room's door was. First, Jez tests its integrity by kicking it. Her foot causes the door to thud as she leaves a dent mark. Using her hands, Jez wedges the door open, making a loud scraping sound.

When the door is a third of the way open, a single weapons discharge is heard while Jezebel watches a plasma round splash across her shield (-4 MDC to shield), causing her to step back and allowing the door to shut. There are no other shots fired and no movement is heard. If Jezebel had to guess, the shot came from low, not high and wasn't terribly accurate, either. Everyone in the hallway hears the weapons discharge.

GIRLS Movement 7.png

Jezebel: -23 M.D.C. N-F50A
Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:07:00 PM (About a minute has passed); January 1st, 112PA

In the darkness of the Lockup, Analoy is the first to hear the shuffle of movement as she sees a tall, lenky humanoid stand in the far corner of the room. It moves forward and pauses ten feet from the door, looking at Analoy then Jez and Amber. "English." A voice states, though Analoy can clearly see no mouth on the alien. Everyone recognizes the alien as an Uteni, the public face of Naruni Enterprises.

The scientist stands tall with its arms tucked into the small of its back and a single holster seen on the belt. After a pause, the Uteni nods to the trio. "Protocol Rukh was activated. Facility was compromised, evacuation. Minutes after the facility went offline and quarantine was breached. I barely made it to this lockup and escaped R71's rampage. I cannot tell you more unfortunately, I have been in this lockup for some time." The Uteni states.

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:10:00 PM (About 3 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Upon finding the door to lab two sealed off, Milly breaks back to the southern security junction and keeps her optics on a constant cycle as she scans. So far, Milly is alone with nothing but darkness and silence; even the conversation going on further north in the hallway isn't heard. Jezebel takes a back seat up north, covering the door with Analoy positioned in the hallway while Amber and Susan engage the scientist.

Turning first to Susan, the large dark eyes of the alien seem to squint or narrow. "That was what prompted Protocol Rukh. All facility security was either disabled or shut down. The... 'defense cyborgs' were all given a shutdown command at the same time; the facility went offline before it could be overridden. Reactivating them requires a system restart and the Core to send the activation command." The Uteni states plainly, pausing, then turning its head slowly to Amber.

"What is your name? You say you are here to rescue survivors, yet you interrogate me without introducing yourselves or stating who you work for?" The Uteni snaps, its patience obviously on a breaking point likely from being trapped in the dark for an unknown amount of time. It holds up its hand and lowers its head briefly before looking back to Amber. "You may call me M'zel, I am a Tier Two Weapons Developer and focus on improving weapons against supernatural forces. The vampire you have identified is a test subject used to identify weaknesses and is restrained on a closed circuit force-cuff system. It has not moved since some days before the breach. I suggest leaving that room be entirely, it would not be happy or grateful if released." M'zel replies and Amber finds mention of a "M'zel, Project Lead, Sr. -- Full Access" on the roster that she checks while it speaks.

It walks past them both, stopping just short of the doorway where Jezebel stands against the door and pauses. "Are there more questions, or can you escort me to the surface?" M'zel asks, looking around and gesturing to the doorway for someone to lead him out.

Down at the Security Junction, Milly finds herself uncomfortable staring into the face of such darkness as she covers the eastern hallway. The silence is broken for Milly as she hears the hiss of a sliding door open from further down the hallway. Cycling through her visors, she still sees nothing registering to her systems but can be confident she heard that door open.

Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:13:00 PM (About 3 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
For a brief moment, Susan recognizes the scientist in the alien as he turns to respond to Amber. "Actually, we were making progress, yes. The goal was to make cartridges that can be used by our plasma weapons and e-clips for general use that would be more efficient against supernatural threats as those are the most commonly fought by mercenaries, such as yourself." M'zel begins but the excitement on his face evaporates quickly as he blinks. "I can stay here until you clear the threat; but you should link me to your radios." M'zel resigns. Turning to look towards Jez, his demeanor seems to become metaphorical, speaking about something while speaking of something else.

"No one truly cares about any one other; it is always what that one can do for you. In such a world, it is best to prove yourself unique and priceless to avoid being replaced. Surviving this could earn me a promotion, though, so I will opt for that." M'zel admits, though shaking his head. "Unfortunately, Purpura, the entire internal system is down. The only terminal that might still have any information on it is sealed with the vampire on the closed circuit, but it would not provide any readings on the interior of the base. Without the main computer, such operations are impossible." M'zel finishes, with Jez nodding and slipping out to the hallway.

Amber and Susan remain with M'zel in the room while Analoy covers the room entrance, Megan further down with the two drones floating around and Millicent at the bottom of the hallway at the security junction (#5) with Jez. From the security junction, Millicent and Jezebel feel the impact of a large creature moving and impacting the super-structure; it feels closer than last time and is gone as soon as its felt. Jez can see the door eastwards down the hallway and to the right is opened but sees nothing else amid the darkness, except for a lot of blind spots.

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:15:00 PM (2 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Amber and Susan close up shop with the Uteni, Susan asking him Jez's question prompting him to straighten in its posture. "The subject is classified as a Master. I advise you leave it be." M'zel states without thinking to clarify further. Amber immediately knows what M'zel meant by Master, as in a Master Vampire. One step down from the true intelligence, fully capable of transforming most humanoids with a single, slow bite into lesser vampires. Without asking a myriad of questions, the two then leave the Uteni and leave to join their teammates at the Security Junction. Amber feels a tug at her as she walks past the room with the vampire, like something is drawing her in. Fortunately, the feeling is fleeting for the lantean but the sickening feeling of the vampire is, if anything, compounded at the knowledge.

Analoy joins Milly and Jez, though not too quietly as both hear her approach from the northern hallway. The tattooed human noting several likely spots she'd choose to ambush from herself. With her connection to the darkness through her Black Sun tattoo, Analoy is able to see down to the next Security junction. It's hard to make out at the distance, but the room looks smashed with several crumpled corpses lying on the floor. Susan and Amber both join the other three and look beyond into the hallway.

Everyone hears an echoing roar from deeper inside the complex this time and another impact, everyone can be confident it is their friend who greeted them when they got here. Deeper inside the facility, Amber receives pings just at the reach of her ability to sense evil; though her ability to sense vampires is strong in the room up north still.

"We only endanger ourselves further the longer we wait. Restart the system and everything else we can deal with." Eight says quietly as it moves from the back of the group to the front. "The security lockup is on the right. To restart, we must access the main reactor which is through the D-Room. Past the next Security Junction to the north. In all likelihood, we will find R71 there." Eight finishes. As Eight finishes its sentence, Amber feels the hair on the back of her neck stand as she feels a compounding sense of danger. Neither of Susan's drones register any movement down the hallway. It's as though whatever was there backed off, if there was ever anything there at all.

GIRLS Movement 8.png

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: -6 I.S.P. | Sixth Sense Active
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:17:00 PM (2 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
At Jezebel's request, Susan leaves her drone, Cullen, in the rear to monitor the hallway with the vampire while Eight leads the way forward. Moving quickly but quietly, Jez follows the android and notes how utterly silent it is when it moves, even quickly. Every one of them is making some noise, this android seems to literally make no noise. Regardless, the trained arismal is able to keep pace with the android as it moves.

While the party moves past the lockup, Analoy darts in and immediately kicks something loose and metal on the ground that slams into a nearby wall and echoes as it clatters. Wincing, Analoy continues into the room and doesn't find any immediate threat. There are four large containers in the room that seem to be capsule like with a button on each side. Pressing one of the buttons opens that side of the container; inside the one she opened is a plethera of Naruni weaponry and E-Clips. It is obvious that several weapons have been removed, likely by the security forces. It would take Analoy the better part of fifteen minutes to properly search the room alone, but it is devoid of threats. She leaves the room and rejoins the others at the next junction (#7) after swiping 10 short E-Clips and 5 Long E-Clips.

Meanwhile, Eight leads the team west through the corridor into the next Junction. "South is Administration. North through the Dimensional Room, we only need to cross the control area to the next junction. We do not need to venture further into the Dimensional Room; I believe that R71 is inside this room trying to get out at the far end. We will need to move as quietly as possible to the next door. Prepare yourselves, and I will open the door. Our focus is Reactor Control beyond the Dimensional Room. Get it back online, we can reconnect the facility and the Creator can send in a pacification force to do the rest." Eight says, stopping at the access point. He looks to everyone then nods, opening the door.

Inside the Dimensional Room stands a thing of technological marvel. A large circular device that stands easily thirty feet tall and encompasses the entire center of the room. Surrounding it are large charged up arms that seem to be on a rotating track. The room is dark and everything is inactive. When the doorway opens, everyone hears an echoing impact and roar of frustration deeper inside the room they are in. Jezebel can see through the darkness, as can Analoy, and they both make out a large, lumbering figure about three hundred feet away, on the other side of the incredibly large room.

Eight looks back at everyone and points to the doorway. It is twenty feet away and past a dark control console. Eight holds its finger up to its lips as if to say 'quietly' and enters the room.

Prowl rolls and intentions. There is a computer console, the armory and the door infront of you. Lest we forget R71 is confirmed in the room with you, but so far, unaware. Combat Contingencies.

GIRLS Movement 9.png

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:22:00 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Eight leads the way into the room with Jez and Amber following closely behind. Jezebel's eyes piecing through the darkness still tracking the monster at the other end. Analoy follows while melded with the darkness, invisible to most in this environment. Unfortunately, her luck continues as she passes the computer console and a quick, loud *Clank* is heard as Analoy feels the nose of her rifle tap the metal console. Everyone in the room hears the sound, which is gone as soon as it is heard and from the darkness, R71 heard it as well.

Jezebel watches the beast turn in the darkness while Amber's mind's eye recognizes the shift in its movements. The tap was quick enough that no one, except Analoy, actually knows where the sound came from in the darkness. Susan and Millicent quickly and quietly both join everyone else now at the opposite door as Eight opens it. It takes a second for the door to open and the beast seems to be lurking slowly towards the front. The door finally opens with a soft hiss and everyone piles through with Eight shutting the door behind them. No one dared look back as the door shut, comfortable with the knowledge that they didn't hear the deafening roar from the beast.

Eight leads everyone past the next two junctions (#20/21) and takes them north at the first corridor towards the backup generators (#24) and the Main reactor (#26), sealing each Junction behind it. "We must ensure the backups are disconnected first, then manually restart the reactor. It will require two of you to enter the core while I access the Reactor Control. One must also remain with the Backup Generators to reconnect them after reactivation. The others can remain with me in control. If we can reactivate the core while R71 is in the main room, the Pacification Unit can deal with it and we will be done." Eight says, looking towards Jezebel.

For this: Two PCs for the Reactor, One for backups, rest with Eight (or on guard, etc). Skill rolls suggested. You can elect to try something different >:)

Flat map but reposted for ease of reference, refer to the numbers in the post for location, not the map.

Main Level(s).png

Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:37:00 PM (15 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
True to it's word, everything seems to go as planned; eerily well, for Jezebel and Amber. After the Arismal Commander issues her orders, Amber responds quickly with everyone else silently following into line. Milly and Jezebel enter the generator and the mechanist finds herself at home for her brief stay there while Jezebel just does as Milly and Eight instruct. Amber heads to the backup generator room and waits for Eights call. Fortunately the android provides them crisp instructions on what to do while Susan and Analoy remain with Eight and stand by watching the android work.

After a few moments of silence over the comms while Eight interfaced with the net, he issues his orders to the team. Though having no real knowledge, both Amber and Jez show an aptitude in learning on the spot and are able to do what is asked of them without issue. After another painstakingly tedious five minutes, the main reactor roars to life and Eight orders the pair to evacuate the reactor room and return to the control room. Amber finishes her assigned task and the backups begin to hum as Eight green lights her return as well. "All systems check. Reactor online. Kjar. Kjar, can you hear me?" Eight says after everyone rejoins him in the control room. Everyone watches Eight interact as a hologram of a Uteni appears before them.

"Please provide authorization code."

"Admin Authorization: D875C71BFCAADD4C86663C2CF129A" Eight responds.

"Authorization Accepted. Full Access Granted. Facility Status Update. Hangar: Manual Lockdown. Testing Room: Unlocked. Teleporter: Online. Backup Generator: Online. Dimensional Transporter: Standby. Please state your query." The AI replies.

"Connect Dimensional Transporter to location code: 7A185. Override Authorization: CC493." Eight replies.

"Override accepted. Coordinates active, link established. Warning: Unknown lifeform detected in Transportation Room. Continue with link?"

"Continue."

"Acknowledged. Link at 50 %." The AI continues. The GIRLS can all watch on a nearby monitor what transpires in the Dimensional Room while the percentages are being called out.

The large mechanical arms that surround the central ring spring to life and begin to rotate around the ring. A blue hue forming in the center of the ring as the arms begin to spin faster. R71 can be seen in the camera approach the spinning arms and lash out only to be met with a forceful burst of energy that knocks the beast back. One of the rotating arms lock in a stationary position while everything else continues when the AI calls 50%. At 75%, another one locks, then at 90%, then at 100% there are four locked arms while the rest continue spinning around them.

At 100%, there is a flash of light in the room and on the computer screen and when the image returns, there is a large circular portal of a bluish hue in the center of the room. It seems to have an energy that resonates from it and it encompasses a large swath of the room. "Link secured. Transit detected. Arrival in four seconds." The AI calls out and no sooner did the sentence finish did the portal pulse. The GIRLS can watch as what seems like a platoon of Repo-bots pour out of the portal and immediately open fire on R71. "Containment in progress." The AI calls out. "Confirmed transit of 16 units. Portal to remain active; shield engaged to prevent unauthorized transit." The AI declares.

Eight looks to the rest of the GIRLS. "Excellent. Once the Pacification Unit is done, an administration unit will be sent to reclaim the facility. You will be transported home via our transporter and with a picking of some of our latest tech, still in R&D. We will wait here until R71 is contained. Please feel free to ask Kjar questions, or look around but please stay in this room. We do not want to risk being in the Pacification Unit's way." Eight states, stepping away from the console. Everyone can hear the eruption of gunfire that echoes down the corridors as the Pacification Unit battles R71.

GM Note: Imagine you are in a bunker during an indirect fire attack, how would you pass that time. How would you spend one post (approximately 5-10 minutes of time). Your options are only limited by you, not by me. I am giving you two additional things to react too in your posts based on what you chose to do. See below.

[For those who remain and just watch the fight as it goes between the Pacification Unit and R71]

The Pacification Unit has R71 surrounded in a tight circle formation with heavy fire beating down on it. All 16 Repo-Bots are pouring into this beast and all it can do is shield its face and huddle against the onslaught. There is that brief moment where one of the Repo-bots needs to reload and R71 finds an opening. In a flash, the behemoth lurches towards that distracted bot and crushes the skull of it as it comes crashing down ontop of it, rolling past it and out of the circle. Turning and looking at the other Repo-Bots, it's large claw still on the head of the prone bot, it roars and rips the head of the bot off. At the sight of one of their own falling to their quarry, they change strategy and weapons. Many of them pairing off and targeting parts of R71 while others targeted different parts. This seemed effective in slowing R71 down at first, but the division of fire allowed the freedom of movement it needed to pick through the Repo-Bots. It was certainly hurting, bleeding and sluggish, but it was still ripping through them. As of five minutes into your character posts, where once there were 16, there are now 9.

What are you doing/thinking after watching that?

[For those who talk with Kjar the AI or Eight.]

The AI will offer a blanket greeting statement when approached. "Greetings, I am Kjar, a fully aware artificial intelligence that serves as the hub of this facility. I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back online." The Intelligence, Kjar, begins.

"Yes, the creator will be most pleased when this facility is delivered to him. We will hear from him as soon as R71 is contained." Eight adds.

Got questions?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:43:00 PM (~7 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Eight nods towards Amber. "Yes, that can certainly be arranged. Fixed wing transport out of Manoa can be chartered as well so that we may leave at your leisure." Eight explains. Amber, after a brief discussion with Jez, turns to the newly activated Kjar, Artificial Intelligence of the facility. While it is a hologram, the life-likeness of it is disturbing, almost like the GIRLS are speaking to a real Uteni (Think of the EMH/Doctor from Star Trek Voyager).

It turns to Milly on a click of its heels. "I am considered Proprietary Technology by Naruni Enterprises; however, the Creator considers me an employee and treats me as such." Kjar explains, glancing between them all and politely bowing its head. "It certainly was; imagine being conscious but unable to move, see, feel, smell or hear. But you were awake; dead to the world around you. Then power went out and I drifted to sleep." Kjar explains to Milly, indulging her.

"Thank you, M'zel's location has been marked and the Pacification Unit will secure him once R71 is subdued; I am in radio contact now." Kjar states to Amber, though Amber does not hear anything on her own radio. Kjar turns to Jezebel with a deadpan face, even for a Uteni, before adding "Unfortunately, that is the nature of this facility. One of our standard PacUnits can defend against a great many things but R71 is an experiment. Something the Creator was able to acquire to be used as testing fodder. The facility came offline when the twelve manual locks, the electronic lock and all backup safeties were disabled via a remote command code and R71 broke free of containment." Kjar explains as, looking between everyone now interacting with it.

"Even I am not aware of R71's origins; the creator considers it a unique specimen of high value." Eight adds.

It looks to Analoy and nods noticeably to both her and Jez. "Thank you. The unit has incorporated this to their strategy. We would need to push R71 to the Transporter room, which..." Kjar pauses as a map of the facility is illuminated on the largest computer screen with their room highlighted. "We are here. R71 and the PacUnit are here. The Transporter is here. Under fire, it is a practical improbability they will achieve that. And transporting it away is regrettably not an option we are considering. However;" Kjar then displays a muscular outline of R71.

"R71 has a completely unique muscular system; note the durability, strength and flexibility. This body was designed to be malleable, recover from significant duress quickly. It is factored as a eight on the threat scale; adult dragons would be nine. It has multiple capabilities from advanced senses, reaction times, higher intelligence and resistances to nearly all forms of duress. It seems to be susceptible to the cold and more advanced psionic abilities." Kjar continues for reference. "However, there is another noted weakness; it's joints and specifically its hip and shoulder joints. Enough firepower on though points will breach the durable hide and break those joints, rendering those limbs limp and R71 will fall into a coma for 24 hours when all four are broken. It takes approximately ten minutes to recover from a single broken joint." Kjar finishes.

"We can go aid the PacUnit, the Creator would include an added hazard bonus; or just sit it out--" Eight begins before a loud alarm erupts and a red light flashes in the room they are in.

"It seems R71 is heading to our location. The western door out of the Dimensional room is wedged and pried open; seven Repo-Bots are in pursuit. I have reactived the Security Junctions and they are now engaging R71." Kjar turns to Eight then Jezebel. "It is coming back to the Reactors; it knows you've turned the facility back on and where you did it." Kjar concludes.

"Interesting." Eight answers quietly as the hairs on Amber's neck or arms rise from the feeling of imminent and fatal danger. Eight turns to Jez and the others. "We don't have long; what do you want to do? We can flee R71, the creator is already in the process of sending another PacUnit with more armaments. We can also fight it." Eight finishes rather boldly for an android.

What are you doing?

Main Level.png

This is tantamount to Round 0; Combat Contingencies suggested.
R71 is in Security Junction #20; visible on camera being suppressed by heavy automatic plasma cannon fire, but pushing through it.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:48:00 PM 5 minutes have passed; January 1st, 112PA
A repetitive alarm seems to be almost mute to the members of the GIRLS as they hear the beast approach in the distance. The impacts on the walls shaking the facility, it's enough to make enough the most seasoned warrior want to tactically withdraw. Unfortunately, they now found themselves cornered with but one real option. "I have begun sealing Security Junctions four through six. Reinforced Bulkheads should slow the progress of the subject while the Pacification Unit continues." Kjar responds as it brings up a map on a screen, showing a red outline of R71's
R71 Projected Path.png
and the junctions that it has to go through that are being sealed.

Kjar points out a weapons locker along the side wall in the back of the room that opens when Milly approaches it. "What it wants is to flee this facility to hunt down what made it." Kjar states. "The subject was a gift to the Creator by a former business partner to help in our own research. We now suspect he is acting against us and triggered this event with the help of an insider. He once had codes to this facility, but all my logs concerning this have been erased. That would have required command codes." Kjar states. It pauses briefly before adding. "Yes, the creator's personal research project is gone from his lab on the sub-level." Kjar adds, turning to Amber. It then turns to Jez, completely unphased by her attempt, responding in the same tone it had throughout the conversation. "I assure you, I am programmed for self-survival. We do not have a way to remove R71 from the facility unless we can return it to the Dimensional Room without it being released unto Earth and you do not want that. Ultimately, R71 is an acceptable loss over this facility or your team, so please, do everything in your power to survive while subduing or terminating it. This is a weapon development and testing facility, nothing more. Where do you believe the advancements for weapons comes from." Kjar responds plainly.

4x N-F40A Heavy Force Field Harness with one spare e-clip in an emergency pouch.
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2

4x NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle each with two mags
  • Range: 1,200'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 8 shots per E-clip, 16 per LE-clip
  • Weight: 13 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Rifle
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries

2x NE-600 Pulse Laser each with two mags
  • Range: 600'
  • Damage: 4D6 M.D. or 1D6x10+10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-round bursts only
  • Payload: 20 shots per E-clip
  • Weight: 14 lbs.
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Rifle
  • Book Reference: p.53-54, DB3

2x NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol each with two mags
  • Range: 500'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Payload: 10 NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges per magazine
  • Weight: 6 lbs.
  • Modifiers: Characters with a P.S. of 17 or less are -2 to strike even on an aimed shot; W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.117, DB2

Turning to Milly, Kjar shakes its holographic head. "This facility does not utilize the type of coolant you are referencing, however electrical lines run the course of the facility. Each Junction is a hub that can be remotely locked down with automated turrets and complete venting or filtering of toxins. Unfortunately, R71 was unaffected when we attempted such in junctions one and two. The subject breaks through a bulkhead in approximately seven to fifteen seconds even under duress of fire when it is on a task. The Pac Unit has been slowing it down at Junction Three considerably. It does not breathe to survive." Kjar states, pulling up a new screen showing a collection of synthetic signals that almost read as life signs to the eyes of the doctor, Susan, but seem to be tracking the PacUnit. Out of the initial 16 units, only five remain actively transmitting with another eight listed as critical and the rest as offline.

"Most of the Pac Unit are down. The Creator estimates five minutes until another PacUnit arrives with additional fire support." Kjar states, turning to Eight then Jez. "It will break through junction three in two seconds." Kjar says, bringing up a security camera showing the bulkhead being ripped open by the two same powerful arms they saw early. This time, thanks to the camera, they get a good look at R71.

Quite frankly, R71 is a genetic freak of nature. A mountain of molded flesh with countless gash indentions, showing signs of significant genetic alteration. It has no skin the way a human does and it instead appears leathery and flexible. It bursts through the long hallway quickly under the fire of several automated turrets. It looks like it is bleeding, but it isn't stopping. The PacUnit is on it's tail for what it is worth, they do seem to be hurting it but it is mostly ignoring them unless they impede it. Amber and Analoy have both noted that certain creatures have immunities or resistances to certain types of physical duress; there must be some weakness, somewhere. Amber does note the creature has a well above average magical and mental aura to it, as though something is active.

[Note: Everyone will have time during this to grab what they want out of the armory; you may or may not be expected to return it to the facility The beginning of this post takes place over a couple minutes. Sixth Sense is long past but everyone will have time to turn on any abilities before Round One actually begins. Just state what your conditions are at the start of official combat.]

Your ambiance

The GIRLS have time while the PacUnit pursues it to move into position, they can hear it breaking down the first bulkhead in the nearby junction while the PacUnit battles it, the automated defenses ringing in the backround as the sound of metal slamming against metal reverberates around them.

The group splits up, deciding to cut off the creature and flank it with the help of the rest of the Pac Unit. The hallway is long and there insn't much in the way of hiding, but the GIRLS hug the walls anyways. Susan and Jez take aim on east side while Analoy, Amber and Milly take the north. Eight remains with Jezebel and Susan, providing them three and three (Note: Jez can tell Eight to remain with the core) There is a burst of metal that Jez can see off in the distance as the bulkhead seems thrown out of the doorway and into the wall in the hallway. The flashing yellow lights betray the lumbering shadow that rushes down the corridor. It definitely sees both Susan and Jez and roars as it charges them both. The sight makes Susan and Millicent both tremble (Horror Factor fail) as Jez times a precisely aimed backflip and lands on the beast.

Amber takes the moment of confusion from R71 and reaches out with her mind to try to paralyze the beast. It roars but Amber watches in awe as one of its arms seems to go limp, though not the other which lunges around the room, nearly knocking Jez off its back and slamming into Analoy and Amber in its arc, staggering them both (Both: -34 M.D.C.). The team opens fire on the targets shoulder and elbow joints while Jez unleashes a flurry of powerful punches that make the beast stumble and wobble but don't appear to be doing any lasting damage to the tough hide. Amber gets back on her feat and attempts another paralysis; much to her glee this one works as well, paralyzing part of its left leg, causing it to stumble down and roar. Eight has again molded his arms into silver-like blades and is hacking at the active joints with the team, maneuvering gracefully around the chaotic arm that it is swinging trying to knock Jez off.

The Pacification Unit rounds the corner and forms a serpentine formation moving up the hallway. They are taller than everyone in the group and, even after having been beaten down so bad by R71, look intimidating to most. Once they are flanking R71, they check their fire and unload on the beast. Jez notes that they seem to have precise aim, focusing on the active leg and staying clear of her and the others entirely. If they are talking, it's not to the GIRLS though. Amber manages to get another Bio-manipulation; though her third attempt seems to have affected it less, slowing it down instead of taking out another limb.

GIRLS Movement 10.png

Jezebel:
Analoy: -34 M.D.C. from Knight in Full Armor
Susan: Horror Factor Fail |
Amber: -30 I.S.P. | -34/80 Crystal Deflector Gauntlet
Millicent: Horror Factor Fail

Yup, you guessed it. Combat, Round One. One Rule: Survive.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:48:15 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Jezebel quickly adjusts strategy, seeing her power punches being mostly shrugged off, she draws her ripper blade and plasma garrote wire, relying on her adhesive to help her stay on R71's back. Jez's first slash with her knife doesn't even leave a mark, though in the chaos she can't even be sure she hit. Her plasma wire however does connect to R71's neck and the plasma seems to sear the flesh more than other forms of damage she's seen. Enough that it blackens the affected skin. Unfortunately, she doesn't have time to revel in this discovery as R71 lets loose another roar and slams its entire back into the steel wall behind it, slamming Jez against the wall (-31 M.D.C. from NF50A FF) and knocking her prone when she falls. Her garrote wire, however, still connected and dragging her as Amber moves in from the side with her Psi-Sword. While Jez is prone, R71 rips the garrote off of its skin, damaging some of the wire that Jezebel has but freeing her from being dragged.

Amber slashes her ethereal blade towards the creature's active arm joint and is somewhat surprised by the roar R71 lets out when the blade connects. It slices through the flesh without stopping and seems to legitimately wound R71 as it quickly lunges towards Amber and slams its shoulder into her shield. The pure force of the ram from R71 felt not unlike what Amber imagines standing in front of a moving heavy transport might feel like. The impact shatters her shield (Gauntlet Projected Shield Shattered) and sends Amber back several feet, past Susan who has moved in closer amid the chaos to try to figure out what R71 actually is.

The doctor, with her knife drawn, approaches the chaos and watches at it slams Jez into a wall then shatters Amber's shield. Though, Susan also saw Jez try to knife it with little success, the carefully aimed laser fire of the PacUnit having little effect at all as well. Susan only notes a difference when Amber hits it with her Psi-Sword or when Jez made contact with the Garrote Wire. R71 pursues Amber after knocking her past Susan and the doctor takes the chance for a carefully aimed knife slash at the same joint Amber struck with her psi-sword. To Susan's surprise, the knife actually breaks the skin around where Susan's Psi-Sword struck. Unfortunately, this discovery results in R71's attention diverting to her as Susan feels the impact of it's heavy arm collide against her shield (-45 M.D.C. to shield). Susan can tell that the impact is stronger than the first encounter with R71, suggesting not only defenses but also aggression enhancer.

Jez doesn't waste time when she recovers and quickly tries to reassert herself on R71's back to confuse it from either of her other allies. She makes the Garrote Wire connect again, the burning mark imprinted around its neck as it roars again. The Pac Unit and Eight have been continuously assaulting it as they can, and everyone can tell it seems to actually be struggling to focus, it's head whiplashing between the flurry of enemies before it. As Amber readies herself for another Psi-Sword strike, she makes brief eye contact with the beast and its look reminds Amber of a cornered and cowering animal, fighting for survival.

Same Map, everyone is still at that junction though locations have altered slightly.
Same Map, everyone is still at that junction though locations have altered slightly.

Jezebel: -31 from FF
Susan: -29 M.D.C. from NF40A FF |
Amber: -60 I.S.P. | Crystal Shield Shattered
Millicent:

Round Two... FIGHT!
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:48:30 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Using her swift mind, Amber tries connecting the dots and opening a line of communication with R71 and in the middle of one of it's furious swipes, it stops and looks directly at Amber. It roars and outstretches its arm, impacting Amber's newly formed shield (-23 M.D.C. from Gauntlet) and then rears around and slams into one of the Repo-Bos. For their part, the bots have been diligently maintaining surpressive fire and cordoning the hallway without a single stray bullet landing anywhere near the GIRLS. Jez takes the moment when R71 rears around to try to heft the large beast; Jez hoists its paralyzed arm which feels like it weighs as much as one of NG's transports (R71 total weight is a couple tons less than the standard Bradley FV of 27.6 tons (or 55k lbs) to put it in scope.). Realizing there isn't a chance she can throw R71 by herself, Jez ops to remain defensive and protective of her squad while Analoy darts underneath it to keep cutting at it with her mace and sword, the occasional burst of fire searing its flesh. Susan takes somewhat of a ethical stand in the moment and requests to her squad that they fall back. Eight looks to Susan then to Jez. "Please do not stop. R71 will not hesitate to kill you. We either kill it here or force it back to the Dimensional Room." Eight suggests, its voice extremely calm even as its body moves like a flurry of steel as its arms cut against R71

The dynamic of R71's attack seems to change as R71 slams one of the Repo-Bots into the wall, pinning it with another and shoulder checking the next two while barreling past them. It seems to have heeded Amber's call and is returning towards the larger dimensional room. Amber is able to use her radio to communicate exclusively to the GIRLS to tell them what she was able to do while R71 barrels away. Eight runs next to the recovering Repo-Bots and looks back to the GIRLS. "Well done. If we can corral it back to the portal, we can send it away and cut losses. Kjar can find an uninhabited planet to send it too in our database." Eight will suggest and pursue R71 with the GIRLS. While Amber's attacks are feigned and it's somewhat noticeable she isn't giving it her all, Eight and the Repo Bots moving with them haven't let up though they seem none the wiser.

GIRLS Movement 11.png

Amber: -60 I.S.P. | -23 MDC from Gauntlet
Millicent:

Round Three... FIGHT... or don't?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 01:55:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Though R71 appeared to be receptive of Amber's plan, it is not receptive to her attempts at communication as the Mind Mage receives only red back. The team is able to communicate on their secured line without any observers detected regarding their plan and it seems to go relatively on path.

The Repo-Bots have taken up the pursuit, allowing the GIRLS to fall back but still follow to guide the monster back to the dimensional gateway. They all hear Kjar over their radios over their main frequency. "Please continue routing R71. Uninhabited planet; Dxun. Breathable Atmosphere. No minable resources. Out of major space-lanes. R71 will be able to exist and harm no one. When the portal is open, do not cross through it; it is one way." Kjar explains.

It doesn't take long to chase R71 through the facility and soon the team finds themselves at the Dimensional Room again. R71 bounds towards the other side of the room as the large central arms of the gate begin to spin. Everyone feels, or their sensors feel, an increase in wind as the portal materializes before their eyes. A portal the size of a building, stable and maintained by technology, is an awe-inspiring visual.

R71 doesn't take a seconds moment under the Repo-Bot fire and leaps into the portal; the Repo-Bots cease firing and as their weapons spool down, the only sound is the drowning hum of the portal. Eight walks near the portal and looks at it before turning and nodding to the group. The portal disengages behind them. "Well done. The facility appears secure again. The new contingent will arrive in minutes, we can speak to the Creator from the control room if you would like to brief him directly." Eight offers.

When the group arrives at the control room, Kjar summons a hologram projection of the Naruni sitting in his chair. His face obscured in the transmission though his hands are clasped against his chest. "Good news, I trust?" The Creator simply asks.

Amber: -60 I.S.P. | -23 MDC from Gauntlet
Millicent:

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 02:40:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 75°F (23°C); Warm, tropical climate.
The Creator listens to the GIRLS explanation intently, though he waves a alien palm at the mention of waiting in the facility. "That will be unnecessary, you have performed well. I am pleased the facility was saved and have no need of you on this continent any longer. Using the teleporter, we can send you to the outskirts of Manoa with ease; you will be back in the city within the hour where you can take a much needed break. My former associate is still at large, yes, and still somewhere near Merctown. That is the next task when you return. First, the second contingent is arriving now and will re-establish security within the facility." The Naruni begins, putting an immediate crimp in the idea of staying longer and poking around; however, during this conversation, a couple of the GIRLS are able to scoot away.

First, there is Amber who, after her initial comment, goes about poking around off to the side. Unfortunately, the computers are far too alien to her, as is the facility itself. It isn't made of any sort of material you'd normally find manufactured on Earth, but beyond that, the psychic can't tell much about the computers or what else happens here. Meanwhile, Susan, completely uninterested in the Creator, saves some samples of R71's blood from the hallway on her way back to the control room before engaging in conversation with the AI, Kjar, who nods with a smile, as if pleased to be asked. "Yes; this is a Model NE-MDT-03X, interdimensional transporter. To put it simply, it scientifically works similarly to the dimensional magic employed by temporal raiders or summoning mages. One of the Creator's projects, it still uses far too much power and has a long recharge that must be addressed in future prototypes before it is taken out of the private sector." Kjar explains, the hologram projecting the image of the teleporter activating. "Unfortunately, as it is still an ongoing project, I cannot reveal more. If you request clearance from the Creator to be apart of his research team, I can grant you access to all project files." Kjar suggests, the AI seemingly oblivious to her blatant attempts to get information.

There is suddenly a loud snap that prompts the team to look at Eight, who was standing off to the side of the hologram of the Creator. In the android's hand is a secured universal credit chit that Eight then hands to Jez. "The promised pay; eight million. Use it wisely. Now, the teleporter will take a few more minutes to spool, so please be patient. Kjar, please help them to Manoa as soon as the teleporter is ready." The Creator states.

"Of course, master." Kjar responds with a simple bow and Kjar's hologram vanishes.

"If that is all, I'll be in touch when you return to Merctown." The Creator finishes and his transmission ends. Eight turns to the rest of the group.

"If you would please, follow me. We can wait in the Gate Room." Eight states and motions towards the door.

The group follows Eight out of the room and is surprised to see a pair of Repo-Bots at the first junction, however these are not the Repo-bots of Merctown. What was lost amid the chaos of the battle or the lack of detail from the camera was that these Repo-Bots are both larger and augmented with heavier armaments than the ones they have seen in Merctown. Also, this contingent secured every junction, as they pass multiple Repo-Bots standing as stoically as golems.

Inside the Gate Room are another four along with what appears to be a science team of Uteni. They steer clear of the GIRLS, even going so far as to avoid them if they are approached, and continue with their work. They appear to be cataloguing damages to the facility. Amber tries to peel away to go chat with M'zel before the portal is opened, but finds that junction blocked by four Repo-Bots with one stepping towards Amber and holding up its hand. "For your safety, come no further. This wing is still being secured." It states in a metallic voice before walking her back and letting the door shut in front of her. She definitely still senses the vampire presence down the wing but her thoughts are cut short by the portal activating behind her.

A gust of wind rushes through the room and flows long the circular wall, blowing through any free hair as the arms begin to rotate and sparks of blue electricity dance off the arms. The arms begin to rotate slowly in a circle as the sparks of electricity cross to the opposite arms, causing several streams of energy to cross in the center of the gate. The wind picks up as the arms spin faster until they are nothing but a blur and then suddenly, they stop and the wind dies but the hum of the electricity gets louder and louder as a vortex opens in the center of the gate. The arms appear locked in position and streaming electricity into the portal as the hum stabilizes as Eight approaches.

"We may now depart. This will put us just beyond the treeline near Manoa as to not alarm the inhabitants. For those who have never traveled through a portal before, it is best to exhale before entering. Often one's first instinct is to inhale, regardless of environmental suit status. Please, follow me." Eight explains before leading them towards the ramp. He will stop before the portal and open his hand. "When you are ready." Eight finishes.

Eight will have the group step through first and then follow. When the group goes through the portal, their vision blurs in a hue of blue then green the black and a wash that wraps around them. The flush of colors then absence almost gives a couple of them a headache but then they blink and are suddenly surrounded by trees, the sounds of a nearby river and wildlife plainly audible. The large stone walls of Manoa visible from beyond the treeline.

What are you doing?
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 03:30:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 75°F (23°C); Warm, tropical climate.
Once inside the walls of Manoa, the group finds themselves with a little bit of free time before their plane is schedule to return them to Merctown. This gives the GIRLS a couple of days to peruse the wonders of the lantean city of Manoa; from exotic technology to magics, there are things for anyone to potentially find.

Amber peels towards the first Manoan Security Officer she finds, though it is regrettably not the same one she met before, her greeting is met in turn. Getting back into the walls was relatively easy and they let the GIRLS in with only a cursory check up, though Amber pulls the officer to the side during the check.

"Καταλαβαίνω, αδερφή. Μπορώ να οργανώσω μια συνάντηση με τον αρχηγό της δύναμης ασφαλείας στην πυραμίδα. Να είσαι εκεί το μεσημέρι." The officer answers with a soft nod as she places her hand on Amber's shoulder and notions her along.

The group then heads back to the hangar while discussing to get out of their battered gear and into more pleasant clothing. Though, while they are making their way to the hangar, they see a woman seemingly arguing with Manoan Security on the tarmac. She is standing outside her vehicle and seems to be staring at a large plane with closed bay doors. Jezebel specifically is able to hear much of the conversation as they approach.

Sel, while going on a search for her own purpose, finds herself in Manoa without a way back to the northern continent and Merctown. The last plane having left for the next day or so, and with little to barter for passage, the Manoans haven't authorized you to board with your Crawler.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but unfortunately no commercial flights can accommodate your vehicle that are leaving towards Merctown. I recommend checking the private sector, such as that returning mercenary company." The flight deck officer states, causing Sel to look behind her and spot GIRLS as they near their hangar.

Jezebel was able to hear the mention of the returning mercenary company due to her exceptional hearing, with Analoy quickly spotting the elven woman who definitely has a freelancer feel to her. The deck officer leaves Sel on the tarmac after gesturing her to move her vehicle off the tarmac and back into the vehicle lot or a hangar.

This is free. If you want to post exploring Manoa, consider it a safe zone and do so. I'll post replies quickly to individuals based on what you are doing. If no one wants to explore Manoa, that's fine, just express such in your PC post (ie, sleeps or chills in the hangar until the flight). You can pad your post rates here, but I still want quality.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Analoy wrote: "Though I'd like to see if I can get a message out to my mentor, K'Sarlex. And maybe get some more ink."
Amid the discussion while still on the tarmac, the security officers growing slightly impatient that you still haven't moved, changes. One of the lantean officers seems to perk her head towards Analoy at the mention of K'Sarlex and approaches Analoy. "Excuse me, did you say K'Sarlex? As in, K'Sarlex Ortoza?" She asks and after receiving affirmation from Analoy, continues. "I am surprised to find another like this who knows him. He frequents Manoa, but to my knowledge is not here at the moment.How is it you know him?" She asks.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

The woman removes her helmet to show a beautiful and heavily tattooed lantean woman's face. "Much of Clan Ortoman has made their homes here, I've shared tables with them. There have been no stories of an adopted non-lantean student but clan leaders often keep certain things guarded. What message would you like to leave for him? I can ensure he gets it within a tenday." The officer offers.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

The officer listens as Analoy speaks, watching as Analoy is removing parts of her armor and exposing some of the more intricate, obviously lantean tattooes she has. Analoy can see the eyes of the woman trace some of the tattoos as if appraising their quality or authenticity. After just a few moments though, her face softens into a smile as she nods, looking between the tattoos.

"I recognize some of this work." She pauses, glancing to Amber and then to Analoy, speaking loud enough for the other lantean to hear. "I can see the inflections in the ink, most tattoo masters have a small flair in their work to make it theirs. If you know what to look for." She pauses. "I do not know where he is at this time, he could arrive within a day or two but, as I am sure you are aware, he has his own projects he is conducting." She states. "I can recommend a Clan Skellian artisan, however. Should you choose, you can seek out one called Josiah. He is an elderly tattoo artist in the main district but one of the cities best. Tell him Nolle Ashalora recommended you." She says with a decline of her head into a nod.

The other lantean steps forward now with a much less abrasive attitude. "We must clear the tarmac; a flight is inbound. Please vacate the area." The other officer asks while Nolle nods.

"Good day to you, and good hunting." Nolle offers all the GIRLS but looks between the other lantean, Amber and Analoy.

With that, the guards will usher the GIRLS off the tarmac towards their Hangar with Sel following along. Everyone can do what they need to do at the hangar before going into town.

Amber, for her part, feels a rush of excitement because of what Manoa represents. She has heard the rumors of Lanteans disappearing, but thought nothing beyond the unfortunate event. Now it seems that the Lantean city of Manoa is thriving with clan markings from nearly all clans, even some Aerihman clan members live in the city by now. Manoa may not yet be the power to challenge Atlantis yet, but its not out of reach.

What are you doing?