Mervin Meyers (Human, Mind Melter)

This is where previously used character sheets are stored.
Resurrecting any character from this forum requires template validation/update, and total equipment restart.
Mervin Myers

Mervin Meyers (Human, Mind Melter)

Post by Mervin Myers »

Player Name: Matt
G-Mail: mattthines716@gmail.com
Discord: mirrorlock#0242
Link to Ledger

Character Name: Mervin Meyers
Alias: “Meyers”
Race: Human
O.C.C.: Mind Melter
Alignment: Anarchist
XP Level: 3
XP Points: 4,481
Next Level @ XP: 8,961
Sentiments/Non-Humans: I look at D-Bees like I look at a hair in my food. It doesn’t belong there. If I didn’t notice it most likely it isn’t going to ruin the meal, but that’s about where the analogy breaks down. I don’t go picking at my food unless the food needs something picked out of it and I’m fine with D-Bees if they are fine with me.
Sentiments/Coalition: I heard something about the Coalition somewhere. I heard several different things from several different things, but I’ve never had a run in with them. As I understand it, the Coalition has a problem with me. I’ve found it’s best to be cautious and steer clear of things that have a problem with me. Especially if I know it.
Disposition: Meyers is determined to be as deadpan and short spoken as possible. He fights against expressing emotion of any kind by trying to keep his mouth shut. In the past this has left him with his foot in his mouth and running for cover with a confused look on his face more often than not. He takes his business of healing for hire seriously and doesn’t break a contract, if he can help it, but doesn’t let a bleeding heart get in the way of his paycheck either.
Insanity: Phobic panic reaction to Splugorth & their minions

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 14
M.E.: 15
M.A.: 15
P.S.: 10
P.P.: 12
P.E.: 11
P.B.: 11
Speed: 14

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 135
H.P.: 11
S.D.C.: 30
Sex: male
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 160 lbs
Description: Meyers wears a simple brown leather jacket and keeps himself in “run for cover” shape. There’s always a driver's cap on his dark haired head and some kind of coverings on his hands.

Natural Abilities
Perception: 34% (+3%)
Charm/Impress: 5%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35%
Max. Encumbrance: 48 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 100 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 200 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 5’

Psionics
Master Psionic
Alter Aura (2)
Telepathy (3)
See Aura (6)
Sixth Sense (2)
Psychic Diagnosis (4)
Psychic Surgery (14)
Stop Bleeding (4/2)
Clairvoyance (4)
Mask ISP and Psionics (7)
Sense Magic (3)
Impervious to Cold (2)
Impervious to Fire (4)
Meditation (0)
Bio-Regeneration Super (20)
Bio Manipulation (10)
Empathic Transmission (6)
Mind Block (4)
Deaden Pain (4)
Healing Touch (6)
Psychic Body Field (30)
Speed Reading (2)
Total Recall (2)
Psychic Purification (8)
Electrokenesis (varies)

O.C.C. Skills
Language: Native Tongue 100%
Language: Chinese 86%
Language: Spanish 86%
Mathematics: Basic 75%
Athletics (General)
Streetwise 50%
Navigation 60%
Pilot: Automobile 74%
Pilot: Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 78%
W.P. Energy Pistol

O.C.C. Related Skills
Prowl 37%
Literacy: American 60%
Literacy: Chinese 50%
Literacy: Spanish 50%
Play Musical Instrument: Piano 45%
Philosophy 50%

Secondary Skills
W.P. Handguns
W.P. Energy Rifle
Climbing/Rappelling 50/30%
Pilot: Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 76%
Hunting
Research 50%

Combat Data
HTH Type: Basic
Number of Attacks: 4
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +3
HTH Damage Bonus: +0
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +5
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm: +2

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Energy Pistol
W.P. Handguns +1 to strike
W.P. Energy Rifle

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic: +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (10+): 10
Horror Factor: +2
Possession: +4
Mind Control: +2
Magic Illusions: +3
Last edited by Mervin Myers on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:56 am, edited 34 times in total.
Mervin Myers

Re: Mervin Meyers (Dice Post)

Post by Mervin Myers »

Attribute: 4d6: [4, 3, 5, 3] = 15
Attribute: 4d6: [4, 3, 3, 4] = 14
Attribute: 4d6: [6, 2, 1, 3] = 12
Attribute: 4d6: [2, 1, 1, 6] = 10
Attribute: 4d6: [2, 6, 4, 5] = 17
Attribute: 4d6: [5, 5, 5, 2] = 17
Attribute 4d6: [5, 1, 1, 2] = 9
Attribute: 4d6: [5, 3, 6, 1] = 15
ISP: 3d6*10: [3, 3, 4]*10 = 100
PPE: 2d4: [3, 1] = 4
Credits: 4d6*100: [6, 3, 1, 4]*10 = 140
Speed: 1d6: [6] = 6
Black Market Credits:
Black Market Credits: 4d6: [1, 4, 2, 5] = 12
Last edited by Mervin Myers on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mervin Myers

Re: Mervin Meyers: Equipment Template

Post by Mervin Myers »

Equipment

Contacts:
Rascus Tiborran, owner of the "Catacombs" nightclub in the Warrens

Carried/In Hand

Worn on Person
Traveling clothes
Brown Leather Jacket
Backpack
Air filter around neck
Tinted goggles around neck
Hat
Vibro-Knife

Utility Belt
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment: Wilk's 330 Sniper Laser Pistol
• Attachment: Canteen
• Attachment: Ration Pack
• Attachment: Magazine Pouch: 2 E-clips

Backpack
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Knife
• Space: Sleeping bag
• Space: Non-Secure Black Card: 1,340
• Space: A change of clothes
• Space: Personal items
• Space: Magazine Pouch: 3 E-clips
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:

Gear Stats

Vibro-Knife
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D.
  • Payload: 1 E-Clip will last for approximately 1 hour of use
  • Weight: 1 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.259, R:UE

Wilk's 330 Sniper Laser Pistol
  • Range: 1,000'
  • Damage: 2d6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: single shots only
  • Payload: 12 shots per E-clip
  • Weight: 2.5 lbs.
  • Features: W.P. Energy Pistol; superior balance, shoulder stock
  • Modifiers: +3 to strike on aimed shots
  • Book Reference: p.204, WB14
Last edited by Mervin Myers on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 am, edited 18 times in total.
Mervin Myers

Re: Mervin Meyers: Background Story

Post by Mervin Myers »

• Post as a reply to your finalized character sheet.
  • Please include the applicable XP chart for your character at the bottom of this post.
  • Address the questions in this video, and your background is likely to be very solid.
  • Where were you born & what follows from that?
    The shores of the Mississippi and I grew up on the road. That means I’m used to moving around and working for my living and keeping my head down to stay out of trouble.
  • Who are/were your parents & what follows from that?
    Mom and pop was all I ever called them. Kate and Daniel Meyers. I don’t know why they named me Mervin.
  • Are your parents still alive & what follows from that?
    I’m not sure. As soon as I can afford a group I might go looking for them. For all I know they are looking for me.
  • What were you doing before you started adventuring & what follows from that?
    My mom and pop were teaching me how to be a healer. That’s what I do know. I heal for credits.
  • Why did you leave & what follows from that?
    Mom and pop didn’t come back from a job. People were looking at me funny in town so I moved on. Merctown is my next stop
  • What did you leave behind & what follows from that?
    I left my parents behind. I’ll see what follows from that. I guess it’s time for me to make it on my own.
  • What do you want & what follows from that?
    I want my family back. In the meantime I’ll settle for a job that pays.
  • Optionally, see also 20 questions to flesh out your character.
Concept
  1. What emotion best describes your character?
    Wound up.
  2. What emotion does your character evoke in others?
    Mistrust
  3. What does your character need most?
    A family
  4. What is your character’s goal in life?
    To find out what happened to his family and eventually start a family of his own.
  5. How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished?
I’ve gone to Merctown to earn enough credits to put together a search and rescue operation, maybe meet some people for similar goals. It’s possible my parents aren’t alive, but it’s possible they are. I’ll work and follow the clues where they lead me.

Background
  1. Where did your character come from?
    The shores of the Mississippi.
  2. When did you grow up?
    My pop told me the day I grew up is the day I healed my first D-Bee. It’s the day I made my first credits.
  3. What values does your character hold?
    Family is above all else and then myself. If you can show me you’re family, I’ll show you what family means to me.
  4. How does your character dress?
    I dress for travel. A pair of traveling boots, some jeans if I can find them, a leather jacket and my air filter around my neck. If I can’t fit it in my backpack or my utility belt, I probably don’t need it.
  5. What are your character’s means?
I have a talent for healing. I charge for my talents and time and it depends on the situation how much I charge. If you can’t read to work up a contract I get paid up front.
Details
  1. What are your character’s personal tastes?
    I like tasting the finer things in life. Running water that’s clean, a mattress from time to time.
  2. What are your character’s opinions?
    I base my opinions on my thoughts. Not other people’s thoughts. Not other people’s feelings. It’s possible other people are right, but I generally want to experience things myself and then I’ll have an opinion. Mucking around in other people’s thoughts makes that harder than one might think.
  3. What is your character’s comfort zone?
    I’m most comfortable out on the road and working. If I’m not working it feels like I should be.
  4. Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life?
    My mom and my pop. They have all kinds of interesting rules to think about. It keeps you grounded when the thoughts get loud.
  5. What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks?
I have a lot more to say than I let myself say, most of the time. Sometimes it’s hard to get the thoughts straight so they make sense to anyone other than me. I like my hat too.
Play Details
  1. What kind of story does your character belong in?
    Sci-fi action/ drama
  2. What role does your character fill?
    Healer
  3. What should the other players know about your character?
    He’s a healer singularly focused on healing, not a tank.
  4. What is your play style?
    Not entirely sure yet, but I’m shooting for role-play and a more serious edge. Dark compatible, but not so much humor.
  5. How do you want your character to die?
    Lounging in a hot tub, finally relaxed at a ripe old age and safe.
Background Story

I was born on the shores of the Mississippi River. My parents were travelers. We walked from town to town, hitched a ride here and then hitched a ride back. Mom always had her head in a book and pop was always working with his hands. He is a healer like I am. We did a fair amount of running and staying out of people’s way, but I always got a good look at who they were and what they did. I was always at my mother’s side the early years. One day not too long ago mom and dad were hired to help a creature hurt a little ways from a town we had stopped in. My parents went to help it while I stayed behind looking for a ride out of town when they returned. When people started looking at me strange and mom and pop didn’t come back and no one had any answers, I kept moving.

That was mom and pop’s first rule: keep moving. I kept on walking and doing what my pop taught me to do. Heal the wounded. Get paid. Eat and move on. Mom’s rule number 2 is: there is purpose in everything that happens. Pop’s rule number two is don’t ask questions you don’t need to. Mom’s rule number three is ask more questions than you want to. Mom and Pop’s rule number four: Don’t come after us if we don’t come back. Their rules were always changing and don’t always add up together, but they worked together to keep us alive. I’ve been not asking questions ever since.

Merctown is my next stop. It’s a bigger town than pop would come to. I’ve heard it’s a place to find work and maybe some information. Pop’s rule number 57 is: follow your gut and I’ve got a few feelings about this town.

Mind Melter

1 0,000 - 2,240
2 2,241 - 4,480
3 4,481 - 8,960
4 8,961 - 17,420
5 17,421 - 25,920
6 25,921 - 35,920
7 35,921 - 50,920
8 50,921 - 70,920
9 70,921 - 95,920
10 95,921 - 135,920
11 135,921 - 185,920
12 185,921 - 225,920
13 225,921 - 275,920
14 275,921 - 335,920
15 335,921 - 395,920
Last edited by Mervin Myers on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Character Archive”