GIRLS in Merctown

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:55am (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
[The house with the child]
Cordelia

Cordelia stutters her way through her response, in seeming shock at having a pistol leveled towards her when she knows she is practically defenseless. The woman reaches for the pistol in her partner's hands with a scowl towards her partner. "Cliff! Can't you see this poor lady is confused! Yer pistol would irritate baby Isabelle, and me. We don't need no defenders on this corner cause you done shot up a random passerby. Put yer damn gun down!" She practically commands through a hoarse throat. Cliff looks to her with an obvious scowl and keeps his pistol up, looking at Cordelia. "Shut up, woman. You get out of my house. We ain't seen no damn dog. Now get gone!" He commands and even through Cordelia's tear stricken face, the plebus can tell he is serious and he has undoubtedly taken a life before.

Cordelia hears the stifled cries of the child in the crib, and has but two options before her; leave and join the others or risk getting shot.

What are you doing
[The target house]
Everyone else

Lucille and Millicent continue talking briefly, acting like true tenants of the area while Megan shuffles down a different ally, eyeing the side of the house with the cellar. Brooks and Susan begin making their way towards the target house from the north-western side, nearest the wall. Brooks, remaining closer to the intersection, acting as a chaser should anyone in the house rabbit.

Amber keeps to the ground and scouts out whatever intel she can find, remaining as quiet as a stalker would be while casing the house. Amber notices a stillness to the target house, though other houses seem to be bustling with different levels of activity. It's then that everyone with a radio hears Jezebel over their private net. "GIRLS, Temptress. There's a door to a basement on the East side of the building under some tarp. Meg, that's your front door--go through it. Amber, I'm on the roof in front of you. Move to the house just North of the one I'm on. You and Susan should meet each each other on the West side of the house; enter the house from the West however you can. Lucy, grab Milly and follow Megan's lead. I'm going in through the roof--NOW."

Lucille, Millicent, Susan and Megan then all see their purple-haired leader leap from one building in a near cannon-ball style dive towards the target building. Leaping from the second level of the house she is on, crashing into the first level roof. Jezebel immediately feels the brittle wood of the rooftop cave in underneath her intent to crash it; it's unclear how this building was even still standing and was likely due to be replaced soon anyways, Jez figures she's probably doing Merctown a favor by smashing this roof, of course, it is the Warrens.

As the roof caves in and Jezebel lands to the floor, inside the building, she is hit with the overbearing smell of iron. As she looks around in the room, she finds three bodies slumped over chairs, bleeding out. The one to her right and to her left are both seemingly dead, the one ahead of her is drawing the slightest of breathes. Whatever happened here was brutal and quick with blood staining the floors and walls near the bodies, and on a quick glance, Jez can safely guess the one near-death ahead of her will likely die within minutes. If Jez looks around, she'll find a fourth body in a room that possibly used to be a sort of kitchen, and is now little more than a room flipped upside down. Moment's after Jez crashes her way in, Amber and Susan move in with her and see the same she does, Amber kicking in the front doors and both girls moving to either side of Jezebel. Susan also sees the one still gasping for breathe ahead of Jezebel down a hallway.

Meanwhile, Megan, Lucille and Millicent move towards the cellar pointed out by Jezebel. Megan finds a steel double-cellar door underneath the tarp with a seemingly sophisticated locking mechanism and a keypad. When Megan tries to open it, she finds she cannot without either breaking down the door or disabling the lock. Lucille and Millicent are each a few meters back, but close enough to see that the cellar door is certainly tech and not something one can just open.
The target house
House Map 1st Lvl.png
House Map 1st Lvl.png (510.54 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber:
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille:
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 56: 56 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5: 5 / 1d100 = 87: 87

CONDITIONS: Susan has Radar and Thermo pulled up as two of her six available HUD displays. The third is a standard street map of the area, updating the team's locations based on radio signals. Fourth is Megan's eye-feed and fifth is Lucy's video link. See Invisible. Still high on Boing-go.

Susan crosses the room, dropping her rifle and letting it dangle from its sling. She pulls out her field medic kit and IRMSS box and gets to work saving the (man's? woman's?) life.

Medical Doctor -- 1d100 = 87: 87 / 83%
Field Surgery -- 1d100 = 60: 60 / 67%

Over the radio, "Defenders, this is Doctor Susan with the GIRLS again. No combat so far, but we have bodies in the building, with one person still breathing. I'm attempting to stabilize, but you're going to need an ambulance at this location."

CONTINGENCIES
If someone comes in and attacks while Susan is stabilizing this person, she uses her body to shield her patient and otherwise doesn't fight.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 16: 16%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 6: 6 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 7: 7%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Amber gasps in shock as she sees the dead and dying bodies laid out on the floor. My God, so much blood! I haven't seen this much blood since the last necromancer's lair we cleared. She sees one of the bodies still clinging to life and shakes the horror of the scene from her mind. “Hey Doc, I can give you a hand. I have a small healing ability, but it takes a couple minutes to take effect. If you want me to do that, tell me where you want me so I’m not in your way, all I have to be able to touch them. If you don’t want me to do that, I can be an extra set of hands for you.”

Once the Doctor tells her what she wants her to do. She will either kneel beside the victim and go into a trance to use her Healing Touch (2 minute trance, costs 6 ISP, heals 2d4 = 5: 2, 3 Hit Points), on the victim. Or if the doctor wants another set of hands instead, she will assist as able.

Contingency:
If they are attacked, she will defend the doctor and herself and try to draw the attacker away.

Initiative (+3 added): 1d20+3 = 18: 15
Parries (+6 included): 1d20+6 = 19: 13, 1d20+6 = 11: 5, 1d20+6 = 25: 19, 1d20+6 = 10: 4, 1d20+6 = 9: 3, 1d20+6 = 16: 10
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 10: 10
JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2 / 1d100 = 65: 65
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active
  • Prowl 90% (-20% to detect w/tech due to Stalker Suit) / 1d100 = 99: 99 (self-explanatory)
    Detect Ambush 85% / 1d100 = 24: 24 (to review the interior for possible traps of all kinds)
    Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 78: 78 (to review the interior for possible traps of all kinds)
    Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 44: 44 (to review the interior for possible traps of all kinds)
    Intelligence 78% / 1d100 = 17: 17 (to review the interior for signs of actionable intel)
    Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 75: 75 (to review the interior for signs of confirmation of their subject's presence)
    Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 52: 52 (to review the interior for signs of the target's presence, direction of travel, how long he's been absent, etc.)
Underguard wrote:As the roof caves in and Jezebel lands to the floor, inside the building, she is hit with the overbearing smell of iron. As she looks around in the room, she finds three bodies slumped over chairs, bleeding out. The one to her right and to her left are both seemingly dead, the one ahead of her is drawing the slightest of breathes. Whatever happened here was brutal and quick with blood staining the floors and walls near the bodies, and on a quick glance, Jez can safely guess the one near-death ahead of her will likely die within minutes. If Jez looks around, she'll find a fourth body in a room that possibly used to be a sort of kitchen, and is now little more than a room flipped upside down. Moment's after Jez crashes her way in, Amber and Susan move in with her and see the same she does, Amber kicking in the front doors and both girls moving to either side of Jezebel. Susan also sees the one still gasping for breathe ahead of Jezebel down a hallway.
Susan Lee wrote:Susan crosses the room, dropping her rifle and letting it dangle from its sling. She pulls out her field medic kit and IRMSS box and gets to work saving the (man's? woman's?) life. Over the radio, "Defenders, this is Doctor Susan with the GIRLS again. No combat so far, but we have bodies in the building, with one person still breathing. I'm attempting to stabilize, but you're going to need an ambulance at this location."
Jez paces behind Susan as stealthily as possible, reaches down, and sends a healing pulse of energy through Susan's patient. "That should at least close his wounds, but it's no substitute for medical know-how. Keep the witness alive, doc." We can't let this frakker just slip through our fingertips again.
Amber Dach wrote:"Hey Doc, I can give you a hand. I have a small healing ability, but it takes a couple minutes to take effect. If you want me to do that, tell me where you want me so I’m not in your way, all I have to be able to touch them. If you don’t want me to do that, I can be an extra set of hands for you."
Jez glares at Amber through her goggles though doubtless Amber wouldn't be able to register such. "She's in her field of expertise. You get in yours. Find the frakker who did this." She then follows her own advice and uses her own skills and knowledge to look for clues or evidence as to where the cyber-assassin might be now, or at least in which direction her traveled, etc. She also visually reviews the injuries of those present for indicators of weapon type. She's taking her time to thoroughly inspect the area for useful information.

Initiative (+# added): 1d20+5 = 10: 5
Non-Combat Action: +33 H.P./S.D.C. injuries healed via healing power touch (-100 PTP)
Actions-1-10: spent reviewing the scene for actionable information

NE-202: 4/4 shots (+9 spare mags)
PTP: 1550/1450
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 16: 6, 1d20+10 = 21: 11, 1d20+10 = 14: 4, 1d20+10 = 11: 1, 1d20+10 = 11: 1, 1d20+10 = 17: 7, 1d20+10 = 17: 7, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 18: 8, 1d20+10 = 24: 14
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 28: 19, 1d20+9 = 14: 5, 1d20+9 = 20: 11, 1d20+9 = 29: 20, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 19: 10, 1d20+9 = 13: 4, 1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 26: 17
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 64: 64/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 72: 72/ 1d20 = 10: 10
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)

What the?! A freaking steel door? With an electronic lock? IN THE FUCKING WARRENS?! Megan's mind is sufficiently blown for several seconds as she mentally processes that until she comes to a few conclusions, and none of them are good. "Temptress, Jammer here. The tarp was covering a steel double door to the cellar locked with a rather sophisticated lock and has a numerical keypad. In the Warrens. While it could be something innocent, I'm going to assume otherwise. And while it may not be connected to the Black Market, extreme caution would be well advised. Standing by for further instructions."

Looking back to Lucille and Millicent, Megan says "Either of you wouldn't happen to know how to crack an electronic lock, would you? I could do it with some explosives, but that might not be the best idea."

Should an attacker come out of the cellar (or come at her from elsewhere for that matter), Megan will defend herself.
Megan's Combat Actions
Init: 1d20+8 = 28: 20
Actions per Melee: 6

Action 1: Dodge 1d20+12 = 29: 17
Action 2: Dodge 1d20+12 = 18: 6
Action 3: Dodge 1d20+12 = 26: 14
Action 4: Dodge 1d20+12 = 13: 1
Action 5: Dodge 1d20+12 = 32: 20 Crit Success!
Action 6: Dodge 1d20+12 = 24: 12

Parries (if close enough): 1d20+11 = 26: 15, 1d20+11 = 16: 5, 1d20+11 = 29: 18, 1d20+11 = 20: 9, 1d20+11 = 30: 19, 1d20+11 = 14: 3
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

THIS POST NEVER HAPPENS
(rolls held over)
Megan Price wrote:"Temptress, Jammer here. The tarp was covering a steel double door to the cellar locked with a rather sophisticated lock and has a numerical keypad. In the Warrens. While it could be something innocent, I'm going to assume otherwise. And while it may not be connected to the Black Market, extreme caution would be well advised. Standing by for further instructions."
Jez looks to Susan and says quietly, "Take care of your charge, doc." She then switches to Amber and says even more quietly, "Find the cybernetic killer. Watch doc's back. I'll be right back." Jez then slinks around the house as quietly as she can before meeting Meg at the steel door with the electronic lock. Jez leans down and then looks up to Megan. Her expression is a crystal clear instruction: cover the door. Jez reaches out a hand to touch the door's electronic keypad lock. She allows her index finger to transform into a thin, wiry tendril which she then merges with the lock to usurp control of it (assuming there's no Artificial Intelligence governing this door lock). Sister, you just know this frakking thing is gonna be booby-trapped, right? Ah well, what's that old line from the Texts of Cojo? "Fortuna Favet Fortibus," wasn't it? She grimaces and unlocks the door, looks to Megan, nods, and then jerks the door wide open.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Mini Update

Susan identifies the still living victim as being a man, roughly in his thirties. She has trouble stabilizing him, but does identify that the wound is a large puncture wound in his lower torso from a bladed weapon and the blood that is pouring from the wound is laced with a silver-like substance; suggesting the presence of a lot of those nanites she found earlier, enough to be seen with the naked eye. The victim is coughing up and nearly choking on blood as Jezebel moves in and closes the wound with her touch; his strained breathing doesn't subside which suggests internal bleeding or worse. His cough is hoarse and he seems to be grasping at Susan as if pleading, a bloodied pistol in his right hand

Amber defers to Jezebel's order and looks around the room. She finds the third dead body in the upside down kitchen, and this one looked like it put up a fight. Closer inspection of the body reveals part of the EBA seems to be shattered around another puncture wound identical to the one on the living victim, located in his lower abdomen. If Amber is so inclined, she finds an identical wound on the other two in the main room. The one sitting at the table has a wound in the square of their back, severing part of the spine and the one on the couch has a wound in the upper right of the torso, just up and right of the sternum. Each of the three have some sort of heavy pistol of Naruni design.

As Susan activates her radio to call the Defenders, she hears only static feedback. Jezebel hears the static click over the radio when Susan tries to radio, but doesn't actually hear Susan's voice over the radio as she hears her speaking in front of her. The Arismal soldier figures there is a small jamming or dark field over this house, as they were able to communicate with the Defenders out in the streets. Thinking on it, Jez can guess this is why the tracker she planted stopped transmitting earlier. Jezebel hears another static click on the radio, but doesn't hear any words. She can safely presume one of the others are trying to use the radio and are outside the house. Inside the house, Jezebel cannot see any signs of advanced equipment besides some of the weapons and armors carried by the dead. Though, upon closer inspection, Jez finds the slightest of imprints of a foot that passed through a puddle of blood, leading back out the front door.

When Megan uses her radio to communicate to Jez and the others, she hears static feedback that makes her radio seem like it's weak or low on power but she knows that is not the case; the headhunter has encountered this type of tech before, the house has some sort of radio-blockers. Megan can theorize that the type of door leading to the cellar, the signal being interrupted, it doesn't add up and is well beyond what the average merc outfit can afford. She looks behind her and sees Mill and Lucille watching, but no one else. Megan can also safely assume that those inside the house did not hear her call.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 97: 97
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11 / 1d100 = 84: 84
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active
Heard on the other side of the wall wrote:Looking back to Lucille and Millicent, Megan says "Either of you wouldn't happen to know how to crack an electronic lock, would you? I could do it with some explosives, but that might not be the best idea."
Shit, Meg and the others have been stymied. I better open the door before they decide to blast it open. Jez looks to Susan and says quietly, "Take care of your charge, doc." After watching Susan try to communicate, and fail, over the radio, Jez understands what's happening. "Our transmissions are being jammed, GIRLS," she says to both Susan and Amber standing nearby.

She switches to Amber and says even more quietly, "Find the cybernetic killer. Watch doc's back. I'll be right back." Jez then slinks around the house as quietly as she can before meeting Meg at the steel door with the electronic lock.

Jez leans down and then looks up to Megan, Milly, and Lucy. "Radio's being jammed," she says quietly. Her facial expression to the three GIRLS is a crystal clear instruction: cover the door. Jez reaches out a hand to touch the door's electronic keypad lock. She allows her index finger to transform into a thin, wiry tendril which she then merges with the lock to usurp control of it (assuming there's no Artificial Intelligence governing this door lock). Sister, you just know this frakking thing is gonna be booby-trapped, right? Ah well, what's that old line from the Texts of Cojo? "Fortuna Favet Fortibus," wasn't it? She grimaces and unlocks the door, looks to Megan, nods, and then jerks the door wide open.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 20: 15
Non-Combat Action: merge/unlock door
Actions 1-10: Held in reserve for potential combat
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 17: 7, 1d20+10 = 12: 2, 1d20+10 = 20: 10, 1d20+10 = 23: 13, 1d20+10 = 18: 8, 1d20+10 = 11: 1, 1d20+10 = 21: 11, 1d20+10 = 15: 5, 1d20+10 = 23: 13, 1d20+10 = 11: 1
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 15: 6, 1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 19: 10, 1d20+9 = 24: 15, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 12: 3, 1d20+9 = 14: 5, 1d20+9 = 11: 2, 1d20+9 = 10: 1
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 35: 35 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15: 15 / 1d100 = 69: 69

Conditions: Shadow Meld: Duration: 3 min; Prowl at 60% while in shadows, -5 to attacker strike
Prowl 60% / 1d100 = 22: 22

Lucy follows behind Megan, attempting to be both casual and sneaky. So this is what being a merc is like, huh. Chasing the bad guys, the noose tightening around there miserable hideout. A girl could get use to it! She catches up to her pulling off a tarp to reveal a steel door blocking their way, and noting Megan's surprise comes in for closer inspection.
Megan Price wrote:What the?! A freaking steel door? With an electronic lock? IN THE FUCKING WARRENS?! Megan's mind is sufficiently blown for several seconds as she mentally processes that until she comes to a few conclusions, and none of them are good. "Temptress, Jammer here. The tarp was covering a steel double door to the cellar locked with a rather sophisticated lock and has a numerical keypad. In the Warrens. While it could be something innocent, I'm going to assume otherwise. And while it may not be connected to the Black Market, extreme caution would be well advised. Standing by for further instructions."

Looking back to Lucille and Millicent, Megan says "Either of you wouldn't happen to know how to crack an electronic lock, would you? I could do it with some explosives, but that might not be the best idea."
The steal door doesn't surprise Lucy nearly as much as it does Megan, in part because her eye is drawn to the fancy electronic lock. Oh, very fancy! When Megan asks about cracking it, Lucy forms a thoughtful expression. "I could probably fry it with some lightning. But this poor lock didn't do nothing to us... may be we can gently hack it... or guess the 'borg's mother's birthday? I'm thinking May for some reason..." Luckily this thought train doesn't get far out of the station as Lucy is distracted by a familiar voice:
Jezebel wrote:Jez leans down and then looks up to Megan, Milly, and Lucy. "Radio's being jammed," she says quietly. Her facial expression to the three GIRLS is a crystal clear instruction: cover the door. Jez reaches out a hand to touch the door's electronic keypad lock. She allows her index finger to transform into a thin, wiry tendril which she then merges with the lock to usurp control of it (assuming there's no Artificial Intelligence governing this door lock). Sister, you just know this frakking thing is gonna be booby-trapped, right? Ah well, what's that old line from the Texts of Cojo? "Fortuna Favet Fortibus," wasn't it? She grimaces and unlocks the door, looks to Megan, nods, and then jerks the door wide open.
Lucy, receiving Jez's clear visual instruction, takes her place around the side of the door in some shadows and aims her 9mm in preparation. So it's come to this cowgirl, nearly high noon, pistols out. The 'borg comes quietly or... or... well, or I web him! She prepares her sticky magical surprise and waits.
Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 20: 20

If the 'borg shows its ugly hobbling mug:
Actions 1, 3, 5: Fire Magic Nets until one is successful (Range: 60', AoE: 3m, Save: Dodge 16+, 7 PPE)
Actions 2, 4: Fire a Blinding Flash (Range 60', Save: Standard, 13, 1 PPE)

Dodge any return fire 1d20+2 = 21: 19, 1d20+2 = 14: 12, 1d20+2 = 5: 3

Otherwise:
Await instructions from the boss.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 14: 14 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20: 20 / 1d100 = 15: 15

CONDITIONS: FF active, See Invisible, running Thermal and Radar in HUD, Susan is PISSED at the T-3000. Still on Boing-go.

Before Jez bounds away, Susan tosses her the net gun, saying, "Commander, please give this to Lucy and tell her it's the net gun Magic Bitch used on me. She should be able to use it to do the same. "

"Not to me! Other people!"

Seeing that Jez's powers didn't save the man's life, Susan quickly, but carefully removes the pistol from his hand, and injects every single dose of nanites from her IRMSS kit into his body, in the hopes that they will counter the nanites the assassin borg introduced into his system.

To Amber, she says, "Can you... cleanse his system? Produce an EMP or strong magnetic field? Perhaps directly deactivate machines? He's being killed by nanites and we have to act quickly."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 8: 8
JIC: 1d20 = 8: 8| 1d100 = 94: 94
Lucille Davis wrote: "Hey! *I* fix cars... and 'bots and weapons too! Well, along with the occasional improvements. You know how it is, amiright? Ever been to Stormspire? God, those were the days..."
”Stromspire? No, can’t say I have. Ever been to the ‘bot fights in Ishpeming? Now there are some good times. Don’t matter if you are there just to watch, its always a good show. I heard MercTown has an arena, I should see how it chalks up to the real thing some time.” Millicent takes another draw from her bottle. Am I competing for the spot? Interesting interview process.
Underguard wrote: Meanwhile, Megan, Lucille and Millicent move towards the cellar pointed out by Jezebel. Megan finds a steel double-cellar door underneath the tarp with a seemingly sophisticated locking mechanism and a keypad. When Megan tries to open it, she finds she cannot without either breaking down the door or disabling the lock. Lucille and Millicent are each a few meters back, but close enough to see that the cellar door is certainly tech and not something one can just open.
Millicent eyes the heavy-duty door inquisitively. ”That’s something you don’t see in these parts every day. Probably worth more than the entire blocks monthly pay.”
Megan Price wrote:What the?! A freaking steel door? With an electronic lock? IN THE FUCKING WARRENS?! Megan's mind is sufficiently blown for several seconds as she mentally processes that until she comes to a few conclusions, and none of them are good. "Temptress, Jammer here. The tarp was covering a steel double door to the cellar locked with a rather sophisticated lock and has a numerical keypad. In the Warrens. While it could be something innocent, I'm going to assume otherwise. And while it may not be connected to the Black Market, extreme caution would be well advised. Standing by for further instructions."

Looking back to Lucille and Millicent, Megan says "Either of you wouldn't happen to know how to crack an electronic lock, would you? I could do it with some explosives, but that might not be the best idea."
Millicent squints as she takes another drink. ”I could cut the door open. My tools are in your ride. Might take ten minutes? Probably less. Quieter than a grenade though.” The Operator continues to ponder the logistics of cutting the door off; The quickest and quietest way to do it when Jezebel rounds the corner and joins the trio.
Jezebel wrote:Jez leans down and then looks up to Megan, Milly, and Lucy. "Radio's being jammed," she says quietly. Her facial expression to the three GIRLS is a crystal clear instruction: cover the door. Jez reaches out a hand to touch the door's electronic keypad lock. She allows her index finger to transform into a thin, wiry tendril which she then merges with the lock to usurp control of it (assuming there's no Artificial Intelligence governing this door lock). Sister, you just know this frakking thing is gonna be booby-trapped, right? Ah well, what's that old line from the Texts of Cojo? "Fortuna Favet Fortibus," wasn't it? She grimaces and unlocks the door, looks to Megan, nods, and then jerks the door wide open.
Millicent watch Jezebel curiously but gets ready, drawing her machine pistol in her right hand, still keeping her left for the open bottle of whisky. She will nod in the affirmative if anyone looks to her seeing if she is ready.

What the? Millicent watches with interest as Jezebel interacts with the door’s lock. “Do you know how to do that? I need to learn how to do that. And I thought I had a way with machines…” Milly stage-whispers to Megan and Lucille.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14: 9
Actions 1-5: Reserved for combat
Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 21: 16| 1d20+5 = 9: 4| 1d20+5 = 23: 18| 1d20+5 = 21: 16| 1d20+5 = 9: 4
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 44: 44%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 16: 16 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 59: 59%

Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 46: 46% (sorting through the information from Mind's Eye)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Underguard wrote:Amber defers to Jezebel's order and looks around the room. She finds the third dead body in the upside down kitchen, and this one looked like it put up a fight. Closer inspection of the body reveals part of the EBA seems to be shattered around another puncture wound identical to the one on the living victim, located in his lower abdomen. If Amber is so inclined, she finds an identical wound on the other two in the main room. The one sitting at the table has a wound in the square of their back, severing part of the spine and the one on the couch has a wound in the upper right of the torso, just up and right of the sternum. Each of the three have some sort of heavy pistol of Naruni design.
Amber notes the various wounds on the dead and hopes that they aren’t biting off more than they can chew here. By the Gods, it looks like it punched right through these guys. She will gather up the heavy Naruni pistols and any stray ammo she can easily find. She makes sure the safeties are on and she gathers them. Not that these helped these poor souls, but better not leave these lying around. I don’t want them used on us. If there is a bag or box in the room she that is serviceable she will put them in the bag or box for safe keeping and bring it over near where Susan is working on the injured person.
Jezebel wrote: Shit, Meg and the others have been stymied. I better open the door before they decide to blast it open. Jez looks to Susan and says quietly, "Take care of your charge, doc." After watching Susan try to communicate, and fail, over the radio, Jez understands what's happening. "Our transmissions are being jammed, GIRLS," she says to both Susan and Amber standing nearby.

She switches to Amber and says even more quietly, "Find the cybernetic killer. Watch doc's back. I'll be right back." Jez then slinks around the house as quietly as she can before meeting Meg at the steel door with the electronic lock.
Amber nods. “Gotcha. I’ve got something I can try. It kind of worked back at the hangar to see this thing. Hopefully I can find this bastard now that I know what it looks like.”

Susan Lee wrote:To Amber, she says, "Can you... cleanse his system? Produce an EMP or strong magnetic field? Perhaps directly deactivate machines? He's being killed by nanites and we have to act quickly."
Amber thinks quickly. What the heck. I really don't anything about nanites except they are tiny little machines. I don't think Telemechanics would work. There would probably be too many to stop them all. Maybe I could fry them if I was able to do Electrokinesis? But I can't do that yet. She shakes her head as she says, "Sorry, Doc. I don't think I can do anything to help. Sorry, I have to concentrate on finding this thing so we can stop it."

Let’s find this prick, she thinks as she takes a deep cleansing breath in and focuses. She begins reaching out with her mind searching for the assassin. She tries to keep the expanding 'radar' bubble small so she doesn’t get overwhelmed with information. She wants to be able to identify who is around her and only expands the bubble out from there if needed find the assassin (50’ range to start). While the surrounding area fills her mind, she notes the layout of the tunnel leading from the doors and any thing else she can pick out that is pertinent.

Mind's Eye 8 ISP, range 400’, duration 12 minutes; Tracking roll 74% = 1d100 = 98: 98

Contingency: If attacked she will attempt to parry attacks and defend Susan.
Initiative (+3 added): 1d20+3 = 11: 8
Parries (+6 included): 1d20+6 = 24: 18, 1d20+6 = 16: 10, 1d20+6 = 8: 2, 1d20+6 = 16: 10, 1d20+6 = 18: 12, 1d20+6 = 25: 19
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Cordelia
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 1d100 = 81: 81
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16
JIC: 1d100 = 71: 71

Cordelia realizes that this house is a dead end for her. She doesn't want to add getting shot to her list of life's accomplishments. "I'm so sorry. I'm leaving. I wont bother you. Before I go, Maybe your neighbor might have seen anything, are they cool, do they seem like dog people?" She then leaves quietly bowing and backing out the way she came in. Still looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

Once outside, she shudders uncontrollably for a minute. Time to be an adult you can do this. She regains her composure and makes her way to the target house. Once inside she starts looking around for anything helpful. Find Contraband 65% 1d100 = 79: 79 As she looks around she returns to her normal appearance and fixes her hair into a ponytail. She looks around until she locates Susan and her patient. 1d20 = 13: 13 +6 save vs horror
Cordelia/Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 12h:00am (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Susan hands off her Net gun to Jez as Jezebel leaves the house, she sees Cordelia exiting another house and heading her way before Jez rounds the corner of the target house to find Megan, Lucille, and Millicent. Allowing her fingers to extend like mechanical tendrils, she interfaces with the locking mechanism and after several seconds, Jezebel and Megan hears the lock unclick next to them. The metal doors recede slightly then seem to fold down quietly revealing a staircase of obviously tech nature, that lights up as the doors open. Upon peering inward, there is a single door at the end of the hallway, roughly fifteen feet in or the center of the house that appears to be an elevator door that is shut. Millicent, should she peer in the stairwell and hallway underneath the house, is also able to note a rather unobtrusive if not downright concealed pair of cameras; one facing the elevator and one facing the entrance to the hallway.

Meanwhile, inside the house, Susan uses ever injection of the IRMSS kit she has to try to stave off what she thinks is active hostile nanites in the victim's body. His coughing increases, and he groans as though his stomach and head was about to explode but seems to at least momentarily staved from death. Coughing with a wince, blood lacing his lip, the man reaches out to Susan with a pained smile and slight tears from his eyes. Susan can see him barely tapping his finger on the pistol in his hand like he's trying to move it and her keen doctor's eye knows this man is in excruciating pain. "B-below. Alpha-HA--" He winces and continues. "Hotel. 6.... 3..." He says, his eyes starting to roll back as he winces in pain and tries laying down on his side.

Amber, watching over Susan, triggers her Mind's Eye and scans the room. Unfortunately, her mind's eye doesn't reveal anything she doesn't already see with her own eyes. Nothing seems to be cloaked or otherwise hidden in the main floor, and she can deduce that the main floor was in fact, nothing more than a front. She does however immediately sense when Cordelia enters the front door.

Cordelia for her part is able to take a deep breathe and not loose her lunch or cool as she immediately sees two blood stricken bodies to either her left and her right. Cordelia also notes Susan tending to another collapsed body ahead of her in the hallway. Cordelia doesn't see anything out of the ordinary in this house, no drug stashes, no anything really of note. It's like this is a house designed as a hang out spot more than a sleeping spot.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P.
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille: Shadow Meld expired
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 64: 64
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13 / 1d100 = 93: 93
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active, -100 PTP

Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 67: 67 (to check for traps in basement)
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 27: 27 (to check for concealed spaces/doors/equipment/etc in basement)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 77% / 1d100 = 38: 38 (to check for hidden items in basement)
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 32: 32 (self-explanatory)
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 70: 70 (to follow the bloody tracks)
GM wrote:Susan hands off her Net gun to Jez as Jezebel leaves the house, she sees Cordelia exiting another house and heading her way before Jez rounds the corner of the target house to find Megan, Lucille, and Millicent. Allowing her fingers to extend like mechanical tendrils, she interfaces with the locking mechanism and after several seconds, Jezebel and Megan hears the lock unclick next to them. The metal doors recede slightly then seem to fold down quietly revealing a staircase of obviously tech nature, that lights up as the doors open. Upon peering inward, there is a single door at the end of the hallway, roughly fifteen feet in or the center of the house that appears to be an elevator door that is shut. Millicent, should she peer in the stairwell and hallway underneath the house, is also able to note a rather unobtrusive if not downright concealed pair of cameras; one facing the elevator and one facing the entrance to the hallway.
Jez stands and asks Megan, Lucille, and Millicent "Radio's jammed. Must be a jamming emitter on premise somewhere. One of you have a trick up your sleeve to find and end that jammer?" Jez tosses the net gun from Susan to Lucy, "For our target, courtesy of Doc," then peers down the hallway and spies the elevator. She looks back at the trio again. "I've gotta track this frakker down and stop him. We need reliable comms to coordinate. If you can't help get the comms back up, either follow me or head back to the tavern and keep an eye on the area from there." Jez then strides to the elevator door, slams her tendril-fingers into its control panel, and forces it to open. This is getting as annoying as trying to escape the Vikelter after the Valyries' capture. Atlas preserve me, I hope this doesn't end in a rift as well.
Susan Lee wrote:If Cordelia doesn't respond quickly enough (ie. if there isn't a follow up post before the GM post), Susan sighs, stands up, walks to the window next to/above the basement door and calls out to the rest of the group, "The survivor was able to give us at least part, possibly all, of a passcode - it is Alpha Hotel 6 3."
If or when Susan calls out to Jez, the Arismal will suggest to the GIRLS in the basement with her that they investigate the tunnel after she opens the door for them, then Jez will head back to the Hangman Hotel.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 18: 13
Non-Combat Action: Held in reserve for potential combat
Actions 1-10: Held in reserve for potential combat
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 26: 16, 1d20+10 = 20: 10, 1d20+10 = 27: 17, 1d20+10 = 17: 7, 1d20+10 = 20: 10, 1d20+10 = 25: 15, 1d20+10 = 22: 12, 1d20+10 = 12: 2, 1d20+10 = 24: 14, 1d20+10 = 23: 13
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 29: 20, 1d20+9 = 28: 19, 1d20+9 = 15: 6, 1d20+9 = 25: 16, 1d20+9 = 21: 12, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 22: 13, 1d20+9 = 27: 18, 1d20+9 = 10: 1
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Cordelia
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 1d100 = 62: 62
JIC: 1d20 = 8: 8
JIC: 1d100 = 65: 65


Cordelia sees the murder site. Her head reels for a moment as her vision tunnels out and hazes over. Her mind slowly makes sense of the situation and she regains herself control. She sees Susan and Amber.
She utters a soft exclamation of disbelief under her breath. "What in the unholy crap is this. " She gags a little but holds it. "Oh I cant believe I'm asking, but is there anything I can do to help? " She looks at the Doctor and then at Amber. "Next door was a no go. Crying baby and an angry man with a gun. This place looks like a facade. Other than... this" she points timidly at the bloody remains. " Anything else I should know about."
Cordelia/Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 70: 70%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 6: 6 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 2: 2%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia sees the murder site. Her head reels for a moment as her vision tunnels out and hazes over. Her mind slowly makes sense of the situation and she regains herself control. She sees Susan and Amber.
She utters a soft exclamation of disbelief under her breath. "What in the unholy crap is this. " She gags a little but holds it. "Oh I cant believe I'm asking, but is there anything I can do to help? " She looks at the Doctor and then at Amber. "Next door was a no go. Crying baby and an angry man with a gun. This place looks like a facade. Other than... this" she points timidly at the bloody remains. " Anything else I should know about."
Amber feels Cordelia enters the room and turns towards her. She notices her expression and tries to distract her from the messy scene surrounding them by talking to her. “Not much to know about here. It looks like our ‘Borg friend ripped through here and caused all this. Why we don’t know.” She waves at the room surrounding them as she speaks. Poor dear, she needs something to do to distract her from this mess, maybe she can be a runner to keep us in the loop as to what is happening outside. “Doc and I are guarding our friend here until the Defenders can get here to pick him up. But, you may have noticed our comms are down, well jammed actually. You mind seeing what is up with the rest of the team? There is a door or something leading to the basement. It’s outside.” She jerks a thumb towards the door that Jez left through. “Oh, and our friend here gave us at least part of code. Alpha. Hotel. 6. 3. We don’t know what it is for though. Pass it on to Jez, would you?” She turns to the Doctor, “Anything to add, Doc?”

Once she is done speaking with Cordelia, she turns her attention back to her Mind’s Eye and reaches out further into the surrounding neighbourhood with her mind. She is looking to make sure no one else is coming towards the house. (Range is 400’)
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 94: 94 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3: 3 / 1d100 = 85: 85

CONDITIONS: FF active, See Invisible, running Thermal and Radar in HUD, Susan is PISSED at the T-3000. Still on Boing-go.

Susan pulls painkillers out of her Field Medic Kit, inserts them into the compu-drug dispenser and injects them into the injured man.

"Apologies," she says. "I burned through the whole IRMSS and can only offer painkillers until the Defenders get here with more medical equipment. I'm not magic or psychic. I would use a taser on you, but I fear it would hurt you more than the nanites. Try to remain still, but if there's anything we need to know to stop the assassin, please tell me quietly."

Remember to buy a techno-wizard medical kit of some kind after this, Computer. Set alarm for three days from now.


She realizes Cordelia is suddenly there. "Oh, Cordelia, you're not dead. Yes, please immediately tell the Commander about the password fragment that... whoever this lady is told you. And then clear this area and assist the commander with the main pursuit."

CONTINGENCY: If Cordelia doesn't respond quickly enough (ie. if there isn't a follow up post before the GM post), Susan sighs, stands up, walks to the window next to/above the basement door and calls out to the rest of the group, "The survivor was able to give us at least part, possibly all, of a passcode - it is Alpha Hotel 6 3."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 39: 39 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9: 9 / 1d100 = 97: 97

Lucy catches the net gun Jez tosses to her in her off hand and holsters her 9mm. Looking over this piece of magitech ingenuity, she smiles. "Thanks, doc!"

Eying the corridor with the others, she wonders what the hell they are getting themselves in to. "A blind tunnel into an elevator - probably nothing to worry about, right?" she musses to the group.

If Milly points out the cameras: "Oh I have an idea - let's see what these little guys have been seeing and where they report to. Amber," she says to the air around them, feeling trusting from all the good feels she's been sending out, "if you can hear me and want to follow me with your telepathy, go ahead girl, my mind is open to it!" She reaches out with Telemechanics (10 ISP) to interface with the camera and the security system they are attached to, attempting the following and relaying what she finds in real-time to the team:

1. Read first the recent video/audio feed of the corridor to confirm what they suspect about their 'borg's whereabouts.
2. Identify how connected this system is.
  • If it is connected to a jammer, relay any info about the jammer immediately.
    If connect to other feeds,
    • a) Tap into other video/audio feeds to get a layout of the lair (if this system is connected to anything inside).
      b) Track the 'borg on different video feeds to trace his path.
      c) Identify other individuals caught on their own feeds and where they are currently.
3. If not connected, then return to video/audio feed of the corridor and work backwards to see how many others have come in and out.

Telemechanics skill expertise 1d100 = 42: 42 / 80%
Telemechanics skill knowledge 1d100 = 2: 2 / 88%
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 80: 80
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11| 1d100 = 30: 30
Underguard wrote:Millicent, should she peer in the stairwell and hallway underneath the house, is also able to note a rather unobtrusive if not downright concealed pair of cameras; one facing the elevator and one facing the entrance to the hallway.
Millicent gives a low whistle as looks at the hidden tunnel. ”This is straight up spook stuff.”
Lucille Davis wrote:Eying the corridor with the others, she wonders what the hell they are getting themselves in to. "A blind tunnel into an elevator - probably nothing to worry about, right?" she musses to the group.
”Except the security team watching everything happening in that hallway, Look, both coming and going. How big you think the team is??” Millicent motions to the cameras tucked away.
Lucille Davis wrote:If Milly points out the cameras: "Oh I have an idea - let's see what these little guys have been seeing and where they report to. Amber," she says to the air around them, feeling trusting from all the good feels she's been sending out, "if you can hear me and want to follow me with your telepathy, go ahead girl, my mind is open to it!" She reaches out with Telemechanics (10 ISP) to interface with the camera and the security system they are attached to, attempting the following and relaying what she finds in real-time to the
team:
1. Read first the recent video/audio feed of the corridor to confirm what they suspect about their 'borg's whereabouts.
2. Identify how connected this system is.
  • If it is connected to a jammer, relay any info about the jammer immediately.
    If connect to other feeds,
    • a) Tap into other video/audio feeds to get a layout of the lair (if this system is connected to anything inside).
      b) Track the 'borg on different video feeds to trace his path.
      c) Identify other individuals caught on their own feeds and where they are currently.
3. If not connected, then return to video/audio feed of the corridor and work backwards to see how many others have come in and out.
Now there is an application to my skills I haven’t considered; active counter-intel. instead of also psychicly accessing the systems, Millicent will holster her pistol only to cork the bottle and slide it into a large pocket on her flight suit. Unclipping her helmet from her utility harness, Millicent will slide it over her head and click it into place. She will test the light functions and activate her own recording device. Then she will draw both her pistols and hug a corner looking into the tunnel. ”If you need assistance, I may be able to help. I am not that experienced with mentally forcing my way into foreign security systems however. I usually keep it to more simple things- robots and weapon systems.”
Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 19: 14| 1d20+5 = 16: 11| 1d20+5 = 15: 10| 1d20+5 = 23: 18| 1d20+5 = 11: 6
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 1d100 = 98: 98
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d100 = 17: 17

Cordelia takes her instructions and happily leaves the mess of a massacre. She regains her color as she leaves the room. She makes her way quickly out to find the boss.
"Jezebel, Temptress ma'am. The dying man said Alpha Hotel six three. I dont know if that helps you since it looks like you have the hatch open." She trails off. well that may be pointless at least Im not going to puke. She takes a deep breath.
She looks down at the basement. I wonder. She pulls out her new cellphone and attempts to find both floor plans of the house and any underground sewers from the local government agencies. She is uncertain if they keep these records but takes a few moments to check. Research 95% 1d100 = 67: 67 She may wonder away from the house to get signal is being jammed.
Cordelia/Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update
Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 12h:05am (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Jez does a baton pass with the Net-Gun to Lucy then, after relaying some information and thoughts, strides down the hallway with Lucille, Megan and Millicent in tow. Millicent points out the cameras, prompting Jez, Lucy and Megan pause.

Lucille, having a spark of insight regarding the pair of cameras in the small hallway, and reaches out with her telemechanics and touches an exposed wiring that leads to the first camera. Her mind is flooded with information regarding the camera which, fortunately for her, seems to have a backup storage, allowing her to playback recent footage. Millicent sees several disconcerting things; first, she sees a silver-skinned exoskeleton type cyborg carrying an unconscious Harkin, walking towards the Elevator and entering it. Several hours of swift fast-forwarding then show the Harkin walking back out with a purposeful stride. More recently, she sees Harkin again walking back towards the Elevator, and she sees the gunshot wounds on the leg apparently causing him no inhibited walk or limp. Time stamp was less than 20 minutes ago. She also knows that this camera is linked to a central server that she cannot access currently, which is most likely down below and does stream a live feed. No others have entered or exited this hallway besides the cyborg and the unconscious Harkin, who still does not seem to have left.

Cordelia rounds the corner and relays the partial code to Jezebel then pulls out her phone, while she is standing near or within the house with her cell phone, she seems to find that there is no open service for her phone to receive. She can surmise that any and all radio signals are being actively blocked within or near the house, but such a jammer wouldn't extend very far outside the house.

Moving forward with the knowledge they have, Jezebel enters the Hallway and checks for traps or other dangers in the hallway to find nothing. It's apparent whoever build this place was fairly confident in either remaining undiscovered or the initial security door preventing access. Jezebel is able to simply push a single button on the Elevator that initiates a small whir before the door opens. She does see what looks like faint amounts of blood however she is able to note that there is far less blood from the wound she caused than there should be.

Cordelia, Megan, Milly and Lucy are all able to follow Jez down the basement hallway and all can see the elevator door now opening.

Meanwhile, Susan injects a pain supplement into the victim who is keeling over in a pained groan. When she mentions using a taser, shockingly, she hears a pained laugh-like grunt from the man as he struggles to sit back up. Taking a deep breathe, speaking through a wince, he nods. "It's just a tool. I-I don't even know who made it. M-my crew and I were.. Tsh.. were hired anonymously to be... guards? Kush job, good pay. No questions asked. Just-- just hang out and prevent anyone from go-going in the basement. We've... never been there." He says slowly, struggling to get as much out as he can. "That.. that damn robot. Walked in. Just looked at us and said. "You're contract has been nullified." Then went fucking crazy. Killed Ross and... Alec... almost immediately." He says through gritted and bloodied teeth, his grip around his pistol tightening. He looks at Susan and Amber before adding. "Go. It's likely still in the basement. Destroy that monstrosity. You- you all will need to be careful." He finishes, urging them both to join Jez and the others, however Susan's medical eye knows that if he doesn't get real treatment real soon, he won't live for much longer.

Amber, during the victim's explanation, closes her eyes and reaches further out with her Mind's Eye, as far as it will take her. She can almost see all the way past the Tavern, and does sense at least one body moving around the building from the North-northwest, though Susan can tell her that is likely the other mercenary who initially hired them. She doesn't note anyone else making any direct movements towards the house, and the streets / alleyways are semi-bustling. Oddly enough, Amber notes that, while this roof is now caved in on itself, at least partially, no one in the immediate are cares enough to respond, or just remain oblivious to it entirely.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P.
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P.
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 59: 59/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 10: 10/ 1d20 = 16: 16
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)

Jez tells the crew outside by the door that the radios are being jammed and Megan replies with "Shit, what I wouldn't give to have my Wild Weasel right about now, I'd make short work of the jamming, at least as far as we were concerned. What's the radius of the effect? Narrow band jamming, wide band multi-spectrum?" Megan considers all the ways to produce to cause interference based on her personal knowledge and the information provided and if they have the means to, if not cancel the interference, get around it with the equipment on hand (Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 92: 92/62% Crit Success via Deus Ex Machina).

When Lucy mentions the cameras, Megan says "Those are going to have to be hardwired to a central system if this is a wide band multi-spectrum jamming as there would be no way the cameras signals wouldn't be affected too. Is there anyway you could use that to your advantage in that case?"

Turning to address Millie, Megan says "Their security team wouldn't have to be terribly big, especially if they know that trouble is on the way. A few well placed turrets in a long hallway would generally be a very effective death corridor."

As they descend into the underground hallway, Megan asks "Does anyone have a spare pistol that they could let me use down here? Or hell, a spare E-Clip?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 33: 33 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9: 9 / 1d100 = 50: 50

CONDITIONS: FF active, See Invisible, running Thermal and Radar in HUD, Susan is PISSED at the T-3000. Still on Boing-go.

Susan awkwardly pats the apparent mercenary on the shoulder and says, "I'll make sure the Defenders are on their way and then, uh, take revenge for you. Yes. You just lay there."


It's not as if I can actually help him anymore. I wish one of our many psychics and mages could do magical healing of some kind...

She goes outside, moving away from the building until she gets radio reception again, at which point she calls the Defenders and let's them know about the situation they've found. "There are multiple bodies and one person who has been infected by nanites. I have temporarily stabilized him, but he is likely to die if you do not arrive quickly with something to deactivate the nanites or regenerate him quickly to counter the damage they are causing. Our team is continuing our pursuit of the assassin."

Susan then meets up with the rest of the team at the entrance to the basement, silently handing Megan the spare, normal e-clip from her utility pouch. And graciously allowing Megan to precede her into the tunnel.

"You know," she says, "Considering the height of the Commander's leaps, we could always just destroy the elevator, let her jump down the shaft and then repel down after her. Or jump down, I suppose. This armor is supposed to be good to at least 20 feet."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 3: 3
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13| 1d100 = 74: 74
Megan Price wrote:As they descend into the underground hallway, Megan asks "Does anyone have a spare pistol that they could let me use down here? Or hell, a spare E-Clip?"
Millicent grimaces behind her helmet, but holsters a pistol to slide a hand behind her back and pull an E-clip that was hooked to her work harness out. That’s your only spare, girl. Then Susan slides in, handing Megan an Eclip. Millicent silently puts her own eclip back in its pocket and pulls out her second pistol once again. ”Sorry, don’t feel competent unless both my hands have something in them.” she says, motioning to her pistols. ”You really don’t have a gun?” Debating which of her pistols she might be willing to lend for a short period of time.

As the door elevator door opens, Millicent comments. ”Now that, I can control. With my mind that is. If it doesn’t respond to the classic ‘pushing of buttons’ treatment of course. A turret too… maybe. I think. Probably just one however.”Can you? Yeah, sure you can.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Millicent Mayeux wrote: Millicent grimaces behind her helmet, but holsters a pistol to slide a hand behind her back and pull an E-clip that was hooked to her work harness out. That’s your only spare, girl. Then Susan slides in, handing Megan an Eclip. Millicent silently puts her own eclip back in its pocket and pulls out her second pistol once again. ”Sorry, don’t feel competent unless both my hands have something in them.” she says, motioning to her pistols. ”You really don’t have a gun?” Debating which of her pistols she might be willing to lend for a short period of time.

As the door elevator door opens, Millicent comments. ”Now that, I can control. With my mind that is. If it doesn’t respond to the classic ‘pushing of buttons’ treatment of course. A turret too… maybe. I think. Probably just one however.”Can you? Yeah, sure you can.
Megan looks to Millie and lifts her cybernetic arm as she pops the Concealed Particle Beam Weapon System out while she seats the e-clip that Susan kindly gave her in the e-clip port on her arm, saying "Technically, I'm always armed. It's just the defenders disengage the system every time I enter MercTown under normal circumstances. Fortunately for me, these were far from normal circumstances and they overlooked it this time. As to why I have no e-clips? Last time I was visiting the Chi-Town 'Burbs, some Dead Boys were harrassing me, giving me a hard time, but eventually let me go after taking all of my e-clips that I had on me. Thankfully my power armor was stashed a few miles out of the 'Burbs, and I flew in and out under the cover of darkness, otherwise they would have happily confiscated it too."

When Susan mentions blowing the elevator, Megan replies with "I can blow it if you have the bombs. And I also have a grapnel launcher and climb cord for it in my arm as well, so it wouldn't be that big of a problem for me, but I do want to point out a couple of things. Blowing the elevator would hinder us overall more than it would hinder our target, considering it's own leaping ability back at the hangar. Right now it has to go through the elevator to go up or down, where as if we blow it it is no longer slowed by the speed of the elevator. And as for us, I don't know how many of us have the ability to climb and rappel up and down the elevator shaft."
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 55: 55 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11: 11 / 1d100 = 9: 9

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 13 minutes remaining)

Lucy gives an ongoing report of the contents of her mind to the group, with surpringly little clutter side-comments about unconscious-Harkin state of dress or 'borg-Harkin's silly limp. "Seems like this 'borg's got a 20 minute head start to ready itself." She mentally squints, furrowing her brow in the physical world. "Hrm. Can't seem to access it, but there's a central server somewhere - got itself a one way connection so I can't pull anything out of it this side. But I've not spotted anyone else coming or going for a while."
Megan Price wrote:When Lucy mentions the cameras, Megan says "Those are going to have to be hardwired to a central system if this is a wide band multi-spectrum jamming as there would be no way the cameras signals wouldn't be affected too. Is there anyway you could use that to your advantage in that case?"
Lucy cocks her head to the side. "Good question lady, let's see..." She gives a ponder to whether there's anything anti-jammer she might be able to do under the circumstances and given her new knowledge about the 'borg lair's security system.

Computer Operation 1d100 = 80: 80 / 64% (to diagnose ways to disrupt the jammer)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 56: 56 / 59%
TW Construction 1d100 = 7: 7 / 90%
Computer Repair 1d100 = 20: 20 / 59%
Jury-Rig 1d100 = 98: 98 / 44%

While continuing to ponder the jammer, she listens in on the swirl of ideas to blow or not to blow the elevator. These ladies got some wild ideas about elevator shafts. Good thing they taught us a flight spell back in Stormspire.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 12h:07pm (2 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Susan leaves to injured man on the ground as he gives a weak thumbs up to her while clutching his side, and though there is no blood anymore, the pain he is in is obvious. Heading outside, Susan takes several steps away from the house, nearly hugging the wall of the house directly in front of it (south of it on the map) and finds the signal reduction drastically weaker. She can actually get a signal out. "There are multiple bodies and one person who has been infected by nanites. I have temporarily stabilized him, but he is likely to die if you do not arrive quickly with something to deactivate the nanites or regenerate him quickly to counter the damage they are causing. Our team is continuing our pursuit of the assassin." She radios to the Defenders, then promptly moves to the side of the house and links up with the others. Amber follows suit. The two of them quickly spot their compatriots as they are descending below.

Megan imagines being behind the controls of her Wild Weasel and running her own counter electronic signals and how she could combat this jamming field. Megan takes a moment and, from the access point leading underneath the house, takes out her cell phone to find it has no signal, then flips to her radio to find it being met with a fair degree of white noise that makes any sort of communication impossible. She is confident it is some sort of signal to noise jamming, but its source eludes her. The simple radios they carry can do nothing against this type of jamming, though she's confident she could clean the signal and broadcast with her Wild Weasel's systems. Her train of thought is broken by Susan as she approaches from behind with Amber in tow.

Milly is slightly taken aback by their lack of proper armaments and thinks on the application of turrets and the like in such a hallway. When she looks though, Milly is confident that she does not see any turrets in the hallway.

Lucille, meanwhile, thinks on the cameras being connected to a server through hard-wiring and how she may be able to affect such a connection. Unfortunately, as she continues to try to reach towards the server with her telemechanics, she finds it's like hitting a road block or brick wall, she is actively being prevented access from the server. However, she also is confident that this server is likely where the jamming field originates from.

Together, everyone proceeds to the elevator and finds a single keypad and a green light lit up on the keypad. Anyone taking a moment to try pressing a button finds the Elevator opens without issue.


What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P.
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P.
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 47: 47
JIC: 1d20 = 9: 9 / 1d100 = 13: 13
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active
GM wrote:Cordelia rounds the corner and relays the partial code to Jezebel then pulls out her phone. Jezebel enters the Hallway and checks for traps or other dangers in the hallway to find nothing. It's apparent whoever build this place was fairly confident in either remaining undiscovered or the initial security door preventing access. Jezebel is able to simply push a single button on the Elevator that initiates a small whir before the door opens. She does see what looks like faint amounts of blood however she is able to note that there is far less blood from the wound she caused than there should be. Cordelia, Megan, Milly and Lucy are all able to follow Jez down the basement hallway and all can see the elevator door now opening.
Jez turns around and wheels on Cordelia, finally at the end of her patience. This twit isn't gonna get herself or one of these ladies killed on account of her incompetence. "Cordelia, you can't follow us. You'll just get yourself killed, or one of us when we're tryin' to save you from yourself. Your trial run with this company is at its end as I'm not comfortable sending you into harm's way. Head back to the hangar, grab your stuff, and pack out. If you got any loose ends to tie up, you've got my number and know how to reach me." She points out the door and towards the Hangman's Tavern. "Leave."
Megan, the abomination Jez isn't tryna kill wrote:Jez tells the crew outside by the door that the radios are being jammed and Megan replies with "Shit, what I wouldn't give to have my Wild Weasel right about now, I'd make short work of the jamming, at least as far as we were concerned. What's the radius of the effect? Narrow band jamming, wide band multi-spectrum?"
Jez shakes her head. "Dunno, but it's likely barrage jamming unless they've been snooping our comms traffic."
Doc Crazy Pills wrote:"You know, considering the height of the Commander's leaps, we could always just destroy the elevator, let her jump down the shaft and then repel down after her. Or jump down, I suppose. This armor is supposed to be good to at least 20 feet."
Jez looks at Susan with a smile painted across her face. "Doc, you're a font of good ideas...gives me one of my own."
Milly the Mech wrote:"Now that I can control. With my mind that is. If it doesn’t respond to the classic ‘pushing of buttons’ treatment of course. A turret too… maybe. I think. Probably just one however."
Jez cocks and shakes her head, "Taking a less subtle approach, but good to know."
Lucy the Tech wrote:"Seems like this 'borg's got a 20 minute head start to ready itself. Hrm. Can't seem to access it, but there's a central server somewhere - got itself a one way connection so I can't pull anything out of it this side. But I've not spotted anyone else coming or going for a while."
Jez nods, "Okay, then shut it down. No need giving them eyes on us."
GM wrote:Together, everyone proceeds to the elevator and finds a single keypad and a green light lit up on the keypad. Anyone taking a moment to try pressing a button finds the Elevator opens without issue.
Amber Mindfrakker wrote:"I’m all for getting on with this, but if someone with technical skills wants to check out the elevator first, go right ahead. Otherwise, let’s see where it leads."
Jez looks to the GIRLS, new and old alike, "I'm gonna see how far down this goes, and what's at the bottom. Listen for me. I'll holler if it's clear or not. You can figure out what to do yourselves from there." She strides into the elevator and looks to its control panel first, then reads off whatever depth/elevation options are indicated on it. She then punches a hole through the floor of the elevator, and pries it open with her bare hands (Supernatural P.S. 52) wide enough for her to jump down. Flashing a cocky smile at the GIRLS she says, "See you down below," then jumps through (can fall 520' without taking damage from a fall). Once she's landed, she'll look for the "bottom floor" and listen closely to what's on the other side of the bottom floor door. She'll hop out of the elevator into whatever space is outside the doors once that's possible.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 17: 12
Non-Combat Action: superheroic action chick stuff
Actions 1-10: Reserved for possible combat
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 17: 7, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 16: 6, 1d20+10 = 15: 5, 1d20+10 = 15: 5, 1d20+10 = 26: 16, 1d20+10 = 19: 9, 1d20+10 = 25: 15, 1d20+10 = 24: 14, 1d20+10 = 11: 1
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 21: 12, 1d20+9 = 23: 14, 1d20+9 = 11: 2, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 14: 5, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 20: 11, 1d20+9 = 10: 1, 1d20+9 = 13: 4, 1d20+9 = 27: 18
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 16: 16%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 9: 9 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 93: 93%

Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 90: 90% (looking for sources of intel in the area around her)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


As Amber and Susan rejoin with the Megan, Milly and Lucille, she takes her surroundings. She notices the elevator and the camera. “So is the camera still active?” If they say it is still active , she says. “Why the hell is still up? We are giving them easy intel on us! Smash it or disconnect it!” If it is inactive, she will just nod and move forward to check out the elevator.

On her way forward, she checks everyone over visually on the way to the elevator to make sure they are all okay and to see if anyone is lacking any vital gear that is easily scrounged up from the dead men upstairs. She notices that Megan doesn’t seem to have anything but a vibrosword and vibroknife hanging from her gear and says to her. “Do you need an energy pistol Megan? There are like 3 or 4 heavy Naruni models upstairs in the house. Their owners won’t be needing them anymore but I think they would appreciate a certain level of revenge to being used on their killer.”

While checking out the elevator, she thinks, Why the hell am I even looking at this, I don't a thing about elevators or electronics. She says, “I’m all for getting on with this, but if someone with technical skills wants to check out the elevator first, go right ahead. Otherwise, let’s see where it leads. Uhm, so what's the plan Temptress?”
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 13: 13 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19: 19 / 1d100 = 88: 88

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 11 minutes remaining)
Jezebel wrote:Jez nods, "Okay, then shut it down. No need giving them eyes on us."
"You got it, Jez." Lucy forces her mind back into the security system and sends a psychic signal to shut down. If that doesn't work, having heard Amber's suggestion of 'smash', she rushes over to the cameras. "Smash 'em?? Oh Amber, these poor little cameras are merely slaves to their master." She reaches up and pops out some key wires to disconnect them. "There, no real harm to 'em. Now go to sleep little guys."
Amber Dach wrote:While checking out the elevator, she thinks, Why the hell am I even looking at this, I don't a thing about elevators or electronics. She says, “I’m all for getting on with this, but if someone with technical skills wants to check out the elevator first, go right ahead. Otherwise, let’s see where it leads. Uhm, so what's the plan Temptress?”
"Good idea. Let's see if there's anything suspicious going on here." Lucy eyes the keypad and other input systems of the elevator and turns her telemechanic attention on them, working her way their systems, especially keen to discern if there is anything nefarious afoot with its design or any systems linked to it that she can access.

Telemechanics skill expertise 80% / 1d100 = 89: 89
Telemechanics skill knowledge 88% / 1d100 = 56: 56
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 49: 49/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 73: 73/ 1d20 = 7: 7
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)

Megan feels a pang a emotional pain as Jez fires Cordelia. Before she goes to leave, Megan speaks up to her saying "Girl, if you really want a go at this lifestyle, I would recommend enrolling over at the Headhunter Academy. Good luck out there, where ever you go!"
Jezebel wrote:Jez shakes her head. "Dunno, but it's likely barrage jamming unless they've been snooping our comms traffic."
Megan scoffs and laughs in the same breath and looks to Jezebel saying "Are you testing me? Barrage jamming? You do realize that type of jamming is specifically used against radar units, right? And there would be no way they could be suppressing only our devices as that would mean that they would have to find out our phone numbers to phones that we purchased not even a couple of hours ago, if that. No, even without being in my Wild Weasel, I'm confident that this is some sort of signal to noise jamming, but I don't have the means of confirming the location of the source of the jamming. That being said, I'd be willing to bet my Wild Weasel that it's under this building, dead center and strait down. Let the edge of the radius of the jamming signal go too far to one side or the other, and it affects other houses, in full or partially, which over time is going to start making people curious and start investigating what's going on, which is exactly the kind of thing I doubt who ever set this operation wants considering how much time, effort, and money that they have obviously already dropped into this little endeavor."
Amber Dach wrote:As Amber and Susan rejoin with the Megan, Milly and Lucille, she takes her surroundings. She notices the elevator and the camera. “So is the camera still active?” If they say it is still active , she says. “Why the hell is still up? We are giving them easy intel on us! Smash it or disconnect it!” If it is inactive, she will just nod and move forward to check out the elevator.
"Truth be told, if anyone was watching the feeds then they would already know we were here when Jez opened the door over there. Assuming that we even knew that the cameras were there and operational before Jez opened the door, that wouldn't change a thing because we would have had no access to them until after the door was opened, which the cameras would have easily seen from the inside of the hallway. But for you psychic types, can you tell if these are linked to others?"
Amber Dach wrote:On her way forward, she checks everyone over visually on the way to the elevator to make sure they are all okay and to see if anyone is lacking any vital gear that is easily scrounged up from the dead men upstairs. She notices that Megan doesn’t seem to have anything but a vibrosword and vibroknife hanging from her gear and says to her. “Do you need an energy pistol Megan? There are like 3 or 4 heavy Naruni models upstairs in the house. Their owners won’t be needing them anymore but I think they would appreciate a certain level of revenge to being used on their killer.”
"Like I just told her, I'm technically always armed, pun partially intended. But I only get 8 shots out of an eclip. Still, I'd hate to waste time unless Jez feels we can safely wait the couple of minutes it would take me to go and collect them. Can never have too much firepower." Megan says, indicating to Millie as the other person she had talked to about her firepower issue.

Megan looks over to Jez for confirmation and sees that she has already dropped through the hole in the elevator car she had made, causing Megan to let out a sigh. She will use her Multi-Optic Eye to try and figure out just how far down the elevator shaft goes. If it descends down to 90' or less, she will rappel her way down, otherwise she will go down in the elevator car with the others. (Climbing/Rappelling 1d100 = 33: 33/62%/52% I couldn't remember which number was for climbing and which is for rappelling.)
Last edited by Megan Price on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 11 minutes remaining)
Megan Price wrote:"Truth be told, if anyone was watching the feeds then they would already know we were here when Jez opened the door over there. Assuming that we even knew that the cameras were there and operational before Jez opened the door, that wouldn't change a thing because we would have had no access to them until after the door was opened, which the cameras would have easily seen from the inside of the hallway. But for you psychic types, can you tell if these are linked to others?"
With her current telemechanic knowledge of the schematics, Lucy tries to answer Megan, "Well from my psychic link to this part of the security system..." she succinctly starts to rattle off what she knows about camera links to system broadly.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Cordelia
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 1d100 = 65: 65
JIC: 1d20 = 17: 17
JIC: 1d100 = 14: 14

Cordelia is unable to get any cellular signal and gives up on searching for floor plans of the basement. She sees the elevator ahead, she is not excited about it. Then Jez breaks the news to her.
"Cordelia, you can't follow us. You'll just get yourself killed, or one of us when we're tryin' to save you from yourself. Your trial run with this company is at its end as I'm not comfortable sending you into harm's way. Head back to the hangar, grab your stuff, and pack out. If you got any loose ends to tie up, you've got my number and know how to reach me." She points out the door and towards the Hangman's Tavern. "Leave."
Wait, what?

She is heartbroken and relieved at the same time.
"Thank god I don't have to get into that elevator." She does her best to act like she isn't heart broken.
Performance 70% 1d100 = 72: 72
She shrugs and leaves. She returns to the hangar and packs her things. She fights the urge to paint mean and hateful things all over the hangar walls. She instead leaves and drives her Salamander back to Lazlo where she begins writing her book. "My time in Merctown" the exploits of a beautiful young shape shifting scholar who single handed saves a small group of mercenaries with her wit and skills.

Maybe I will send them all a copy when I get it published.
Cordelia/Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 42: 42
JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19| 1d100 = 92: 92
Megan Price wrote:Megan scoffs and laughs in the same breath and looks to Jezebel saying "Are you testing me? Barrage jamming? You do realize that type of jamming is specifically used against radar units, right? And there would be no way they could be suppressing only our devices as that would mean that they would have to find out our phone numbers to phones that we purchased not even a couple of hours ago, if that. No, even without being in my Wild Weasel, I'm confident that this is some sort of signal to noise jamming, but I don't have the means of confirming the location of the source of the jamming. That being said, I'd be willing to bet my Wild Weasel that it's under this building, dead center and strait down. Let the edge of the radius of the jamming signal go too far to one side or the other, and it affects other houses, in full or partially, which over time is going to start making people curious and start investigating what's going on, which is exactly the kind of thing I doubt who ever set this operation wants considering how much time, effort, and money that they have obviously already dropped into this little endeavor."
Milly’s attention is perked. ”You have a Weasel? How does it handle? I have heard the thrusters are a piece of work; the way they are attached to the armors hard structure is apparently an ingenuitive marvel. Something about how they are able to accelerate without tearing off of their mounting. My Grease Monkey could probably handle this shaft with little issues; I usually use it to work in hazardous conditions.” Millicent pauses. ”I do have some rope if we find ourselves without control of the elevator… Maybe we should stop just above our exit floor anyway… just in case?”
Jezebel wrote: "I'm gonna see how far down this goes, and what's at the bottom. Listen for me. I'll holler if it's clear or not. You can figure out what to do yourselves from there." She strides into the elevator and looks to its control panel first, then reads off whatever depth/elevation options are indicated on it. She then punches a hole through the floor of the elevator, and pries it open with her bare hands (Supernatural P.S. 52) wide enough for her to jump down. Flashing a cocky smile at the GIRLS she says, "See you down below," then jumps through (can fall 520' without taking damage from a fall).
”She just did that.” Millicent whistles. ”Ok. Who can get me on comms?” Millicent matches frequency’s with the Girls if/when someone can share the appropriate info. ”For when the jamming drops.”

Millicent watches Cordelia get fired in silence. She is about to offer the woman a word of support but decides against it at the last moment, her arm held halfway out to offer her a pat. She pulls her arm back. She seemed… peppy? I hope she finds some place better suited for her needs. Maybe her getting fired solidified my spot on the team… Millicent smiles under her helmet.
Lucille Davis wrote:With her current telemechanic knowledge of the schematics, Lucy tries to answer Megan, "Well from my psychic link to this part of the security system..." she succinctly starts to rattle off what she knows about camera links to system broadly.
”That is all good to know.” Millicent moves towards the elevator, putting her Naruni pistol in its holster. She will turn on her helmet light and peer over the edge of the hole Jez punched into the elevator. ”As I said, I have rope. I can also jump further than you humans. Not by much, but maybe enough to matter today.” Milly moves to a corner of the elevator, making sure there is room for the others to get into the broken cart.

”Lets ride the elevator down. Any tactical advantage they had of watching us was shot when our boss jumped down the hole. Our best bet now is to lock the facilities systems down and let wonder girl do her thing. “ Millicent tries to offer her ideas of what to do next before she stops short. I sounded too bossy. Im just the new girl. ”If you can get me and…” She motions to Lucille. ”I am sure we can take control of what ever systems they have set up downstairs.”

If the others pile into the elevator, Millicent will press the button indicating the lowest floor.

If a dead beat happens, say when they are riding down the elevator, Millicent will ask, too calmly: “So, why are we here? My interview was rather rushed. I get there is some kind of nasty dude out there? a cyborg, right? And apparently-“ She taps the elevator wall. ”-Well funded. Who are you-We. Who are we?”
Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 22: 17| 1d20+5 = 21: 16| 1d20+5 = 9: 4| 1d20+5 = 20: 15| 1d20+5 = 24: 19
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

Millicent Mayeux wrote:Milly’s attention is perked. ”You have a Weasel? How does it handle? I have heard the thrusters are a piece of work; the way they are attached to the armors hard structure is apparently an ingenuitive marvel. Something about how they are able to accelerate without tearing off of their mounting. My Grease Monkey could probably handle this shaft with little issues; I usually use it to work in hazardous conditions.” Millicent pauses. ”I do have some rope if we find ourselves without control of the elevator… Maybe we should stop just above our exit floor anyway… just in case?”
"I, uh, inherited it in a sense. It's my uncle's who was also the one mentoring me. After he had disappeared, I have been using it to get from place to place quickly and with most people unaware of my presence. It takes some coordination to get used to the thrusters, otherwise you won't be able to bring all of your training to good use with it. I had the chance to fly a Sidewinder as well, and that's pretty much the same story. I don't really know anything about the engineering aspects of it." Megan replied to the inquisitive mechanic.
Millicent Mayeux wrote:
Lucille Davis wrote:With her current telemechanic knowledge of the schematics, Lucy tries to answer Megan, "Well from my psychic link to this part of the security system..." she succinctly starts to rattle off what she knows about camera links to system broadly.
”That is all good to know.” Millicent moves towards the elevator, putting her Naruni pistol in its holster. She will turn on her helmet light and peer over the edge of the hole Jez punched into the elevator. ”As I said, I have rope. I can also jump further than you humans. Not by much, but maybe enough to matter today.” Milly moves to a corner of the elevator, making sure there is room for the others to get into the broken cart.

”Lets ride the elevator down. Any tactical advantage they had of watching us was shot when our boss jumped down the hole. Our best bet now is to lock the facilities systems down and let wonder girl do her thing. “ Millicent tries to offer her ideas of what to do next before she stops short. I sounded too bossy. Im just the new girl. ”If you can get me and…” She motions to Lucille. ”I am sure we can take control of what ever systems they have set up downstairs.”

If the others pile into the elevator, Millicent will press the button indicating the lowest floor.

If a dead beat happens, say when they are riding down the elevator, Millicent will ask, too calmly: “So, why are we here? My interview was rather rushed. I get there is some kind of nasty dude out there? a cyborg, right? And apparently-“ She taps the elevator wall. ”-Well funded. Who are you-We. Who are we?”
"We are G.I.R.L.S., General Investigative, Recon, and Liberation Services. At least I think that is what that means. We are after either a cyborg or highly advanced robot that does not show up on technological sensors. Actually I just won a suit of body armor that can do that from a raffle at One Eyed Jacks. But we are here because we are being paid by a mysterious employer whose employees were allowed to bring in outside help, one of who our target has made itself look like. Out query is assassinating targets, many of which have some sort of connection to our mysterious employer, by way of weaponized nanites, either fired like a bullet, inserted like a knife, or ingested like a poison. At this point I feel that it is too early to speculate the target's connection to the complex we now find ourselves in." Megan replies to her if the question is asked.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

ROLLS HELD

Millicent makes a note to talk Megan about her Power Armor once the night ends.
“It’s not airborne, is it?” Her tone is temporarily paranoid before it calms. “G.I.R.L.S, huh?” She takes the time to look at those around her. ” Appropriate.” She stays quite for a long moment, digesting the information Megan gives her.

”High tech bionics or robotics; are we dealing with aliens? I know Naruni keeps a lot of their tech from earth. Maybe them, or a competitor?” She pauses, changing subject.” That seems like a rather dramatic way to kill someone. And a dramatic means to hire a private outfit like ours. Our target is either targeting…” Millicent chuckles. ”…someone in this facility, or returning here reasons. Either way-“ Millicent motions around her. -“Hidden elevator in the slums leading to who knows where! This takes money.” She finishes excitedly, waving her pistol around in a manner indicating she might have forgotten she is holding it for a moment.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 22: 22 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5: 5 / 1d100 = 93: 93

CONDITIONS: FF active, See Invisible, running Thermal and Radar in HUD, Susan is PISSED at the T-3000. Still on Boing-go.

Susan watches Cordelia go. Huh. I really thought she was going to die. Possibly horribly.

When Jezebel jumps down the elevator shaft, she immediately steps into the elevator and looks down the hole, gauging the distance. Below her, she can make out the Commander's heat signature on her HUD.

Oh, that's only like, what, 20 feet? That's not a problem.

As the others pack in, she unslings her rifle and, when Millicent reaches to press the "down" button, Susan reaches out her hand to stop her.

"NO! You are presuming the Commander can get through whatever security measures are down there in less time than this elevator takes to descend. We need to wait until the doors are open at the very least. I'll figure out who half of you people are later."

When Jez gets the doors open and/or calls up the all clear, Susan says, "Now press the button," and steps forward, dropping through the hole in the floor. As gravity takes her, she says, "Boing-GOOOOO!"

Computer, record how awesome this is going to be.

As Susan falls, she tries to remember the best way to stick the landing from her gymnastics training.

Sense of Balance: 1d100 = 90: 90 / 75% FAILURE

From the floor, she salutes Jez, "Commander, reporting for duty. I recommend we exit the shaft. The elevator is likely coming down now."

She then rolls out of the elevator into whatever space is outside the doors.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 41: 41%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 6: 6 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 59: 59%

Prowl 30% = 1d100 = 15: 15%
Sense of balance 56% = 1d100 = 32: 32%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Susan Lee wrote:When Jezebel jumps down the elevator shaft, she immediately steps into the elevator and looks down the hole, gauging the distance. Below her, she can make out the Commander's heat signature on her HUD.

Oh, that's only like, what, 20 feet? That's not a problem.

As the others pack in, she unslings her rifle and, when Millicent reaches to press the "down" button, Susan reaches out her hand to stop her.

"NO! You are presuming the Commander can get through whatever security measures are down there in less time than this elevator takes to descend. We need to wait until the doors are open at the very least. I'll figure out who half of you people are later."

When Jez gets the doors open and/or calls up the all clear, Susan says, "Now press the button," and steps forward, dropping through the hole in the floor. As gravity takes her, she says, "Boing-GOOOOO!"

Computer, record how awesome this is going to be.

As Susan falls, she tries to remember the best way to stick the landing from her gymnastics training.

Sense of Balance: Original post: 1d100 = 90: 90 / 75% FAILURE

From the floor, she salutes Jez, "Commander, reporting for duty. I recommend we exit the shaft. The elevator is likely coming down now."

She then rolls out of the elevator into whatever space is outside the doors.
Amber’s eyes open a little again in surprise as she watches Jez tear the bottom of the elevator open and jumps down the elevator shaft. Damn, this girl can tear bare metal apart with her hands as well as jump. I need to find out more about her and where she comes from when we are done with this assassin.

As the Doctor enters the elevator and descends down through the shaft, she holds Milly a second longer. “Temptress wanted me to watch over the Doc. So, let me get clear before you girls descend, okay?” With that said, she looks down the shaft and uses her still active Mind’s Eye (7 minutes remaining) to see the general layout of the shaft. She waits until the coast is clear below, locks her visor closed on her helmet, then crawls feet first through the hole and letting her legs dangle down before hanging down with her arms into the void. Well, that will make the drop a bit shorter. She takes a deep breath. All right here goes nothing; she thinks as she lets go. He heart skips a beat as she lets go and gravity takes over. She reaches out with her mind and senses the floor rushing up to meet her. She braces for the inevitable impact that will come at the bottom of the shaft. She tries to absorb the impact as much as possible by rolling out of the fall.

Once down and hopefully unharmed, she will draw her weapon after she quietly clambers through the open doors and will try to keep close to Susan to keep an eye on her and hopefully out of harms way.
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 11 minutes remaining)
Jezebel wrote:Jez looks to the GIRLS, new and old alike, "I'm gonna see how far down this goes, and what's at the bottom. Listen for me. I'll holler if it's clear or not. You can figure out what to do yourselves from there." She strides into the elevator and looks to its control panel first, then reads off whatever depth/elevation options are indicated on it. She then punches a hole through the floor of the elevator, and pries it open with her bare hands (Supernatural P.S. 52) wide enough for her to jump down. Flashing a cocky smile at the GIRLS she says, "See you down below," then jumps through (can fall 520' without taking damage from a fall). Once she's landed, she'll look for the "bottom floor" and listen closely to what's on the other side of the bottom floor door.
Lucy watches as Jez rips open the elevator floor and then vanishes into the elevator shaft. Much to her surprise, several of her teammates follow: the doctor, the nice psychic. More rough and tumble that I would have thought, these GIRLS! She pokes her head over the hole and then turns to look at the elevator keypad. "Well that there might just be the craziest way to get to the basement, but I suppose we're going to also want to get back up, hopefully 'borg in hand." Well, in hand one way or another.

She gets back to the elevator keypad and gives it a once over with her Telemechanics to make sure it's not booby trapped or otherwise murderous, saying to whoever is still in the elevator with her, "Ok then, last chance to follow our fearless leader the hard way!" and, unless there are strong objections, pressed whatever button indicates the lowest floor. "Going down" she entones in that polite but firm voice.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 12h:10m (3 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Under a swift realization that Cordelia may become a liability underground, Jezebel turns to her and orders her to leave. Cordelia is unable to hide her anguished feelings at being told to leave by her teammates and makes her way back to the Hanger to retrieve her equipment. Megan is one of the only ones who feels a slight pang as Cordelia leaves, and offers her some friendly advice before she departs.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team discuss possible options but all are taken relatively by surprise when Jezebel enters the Elevator and, with an impressive feat of strength, rips a hole in the steel box and drops down. The drop is only thirty feet or so, and Jez lands gracefully at the bottom though she finds herself five or so feet beneath the only other doorway in the shaft. She can hear movement on the other side of the door, but it is further away. The elevator door to the room is nearly perfectly aligned with the wall itself, leaving no room get out of the shaft unless she prys the door open herself.

As Amber asks about the the cameras being active and Jez giving the order to kill them, Lucille reaches out and finds that each one has a kill switch on the device itself that is easy enough to flip. While she can't connect with the server, Lucille knows the cameras are no longer transmitting. She then steps into the Elevator, moving around the hole created by Jez, and interfaces with the controls. The system is alien to her, causing her to trip a couple times in her connection, but she eventually garners control of the elevator and determines it only goes to one stop below and this one. There is a door on the opposite side of the elevator, suggesting the door below is on the other side of the elevator. She also knows that she can easily control it to go downward. Milli stays up top with Lucille.

Megan rightly finds that time is not on her side for the collection of those weapons up above as Jez jumps below and moves closer, around Lucille, and preps her ropework to repel down through the hole. The drop is only thirty feet, but the headhunter knows she can't land as gracefully as her boss, so she makes her way down more professionally. The headhunter descending right next to Jezebel, Megan can also hear the movement on the other side.

Susan, meanwhile, not wanting to be outdone by her purple-haired leader, tells the others to wait for the go ahead then leaps down. Her landing is far less graceful than that of her leader and as she tries to tumble onto her feet, slams face-first into the wall where the door is making a loud clank as her armor connects. Susan feels a little jarred, dizzy even, as she turns to Jezebel and does a mock salute. Both Jezebel and Megan hear the movement inside stop after Susan's landing. Amber then follows the Doc, adhering to her former orders of watching over the rambunctious doctor, and leaps below. Her landing is far more graceful and quiet than Susan's is, as Susan looks to her side and sees the taller blue haired woman now standing besides her.

Four of the GIRLS are now in a dark, rather cramped elevator shaft before a sealed Elevator door, with Lucille and Milli still up above in the elevator itself.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P.
    Susan: -2 Personal S.D.C.
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P.
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 28: 28
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5 / 1d100 = 63: 63
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 21: 21 (focus is very much on intimidation)
Keeping her senses alert for anything that seems out of place or otherwise noteworthy
Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 29: 29
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 77% / 1d100 = 69: 69
Intelligence 78% / 1d100 = 74: 74
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 55: 55
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active

Jez hops up onto the ledge and smashes the doors wide open with a pounding blow from her arms. "Anyone who doesn't wanna die better run!" Jez will yell aggressively as she strides through the passage beyond the elevator doors. To add dramatic effect to her intimidating words, she lets her power light up her clenched fists until they're twin miniature suns swinging from the ends of her arms. Hopefully this looks sufficiently terrifying so I won't have to actually paste anyone. A moment later she yells back to her GIRLS, "COME ON DOWN AND JOIN THE PARTY!" If she faces no serious resistance, she'll stride forward quickly, keeping her senses alert for anything that seems out of place or otherwise noteworthy.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 23: 18
Non-Combat Action: Jez will try to attract the attention of and/or scare away anyone present who is not the target.
Contingencies: If a hostile gets in her way who appears to be a threat, she'll simply punch him. If a hostile attempts to engage her at range, she will sacrifice whatever actions are necessary to quickly close the distance...and punch them. While her fists are glowing, she's not actually using Destroy by Touch, she's relying on her raw strength.
Action 1: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 10: 4, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30: 3 M.D.
Action 2: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 17: 11, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30: 3 M.D.
Action 3: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 15: 9, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20: 2 M.D.
Action 4: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13: 7, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50: 5 M.D.
Action 5: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 10: 4, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50: 5 M.D.
Action 6: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 17: 11, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60: 6 M.D.
Action 7: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 20: 14, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50: 5 M.D.
Action 8: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 11: 5, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20: 2 M.D.
Action 9: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 20: 14, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20: 2 M.D.
Action 10: Punch a bastard. Strike: 1d20+6 = 7: 1, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20: 2 M.D.
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 14: 4, 1d20+10 = 22: 12, 1d20+10 = 25: 15, 1d20+10 = 21: 11, 1d20+10 = 16: 6, 1d20+10 = 15: 5, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 18: 8, 1d20+10 = 18: 8, 1d20+10 = 16: 6,
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 10: 1, 1d20+9 = 26: 17, 1d20+9 = 21: 12, 1d20+9 = 27: 18, 1d20+9 = 17: 8, 1d20+9 = 10: 1, 1d20+9 = 22: 13, 1d20+9 = 11: 2, 1d20+9 = 10: 1, 1d20+9 = 29: 20,
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 17: 17%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 5: 5 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 29: 29%

Prowl 30% = 1d100 = 94: 94%
Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 51: 51% (searching for any intel/to assess threats present)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Jezebel wrote:Jez hops up onto the ledge and smashes the doors wide open with a pounding blow from her arms. "Anyone who doesn't wanna die better run!" Jez will yell aggressively as she strides through the passage beyond the elevator doors. To add dramatic effect to her intimidating words, she lets her power light up her clenched fists until they're twin miniature suns swinging from the ends of her arms. Hopefully this looks sufficiently terrifying so I won't have to actually paste anyone. A moment later she yells back to her GIRLS, "COME ON DOWN AND JOIN THE PARTY!" If she faces no serious resistance, she'll stride forward quickly, keeping her senses alert for anything that seems out of place or otherwise noteworthy.
Amber is quick to follow the bosses lead. She puts an assertive tone in voice. “Megan! Doc! I’ll give you a boost up then follow you.” She will give Megan the first boost through the opening if she desires one, followed by Susan. Once they have cleared the opening she will quickly leap up through the doorway leading out of the elevator shaft. She yells back up towards the elevator once the shaft is clear. “Come on down ladies! We are clear!” She will bring her TX-24 up into a shooting position and if anyone is threatening her or her companions, she will fire an ion pulse at them until they cease being a threat if they are armed with ranged weapons, otherwise she will seek to parry their attacks and subdue them.

Initiative (+3 added): 1d20+3 = 12: 9

Action 1, 2: Assist Megan and Susan up through the door.
Action 3: Leap up through the door.
Action 4: Fire burst at any threat to herself or the rest of the team: Strike: 1d20+2 = 13: 11, Damage: 4d6 = 16: 4, 5, 1, 6 M.D.
Action 5: Fire burst at any threat to herself or the rest of the team: Strike: 1d20+2 = 9: 7, Damage: 4d6 = 11: 5, 1, 3, 2 M.D.

Parries (+6 included): 1d20+6 = 14: 8, 1d20+6 = 14: 8, 1d20+6 = 12: 6
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 27: 27 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15: 15 / 1d100 = 53: 53

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 8 minutes remaining)

Lucy hears a loud clang mere moments after Susan jumped through the elevator hole. "Holy Mummu! What was that?" she blurts out with a startle, turning and looking down the shaft at the team below. She considers her options. "A bit crowded down there GIRLS. Y'all moving on in?" she asks.

Once Jez goes ballistic on the elevator doors: "So I guess that was a yes to the moving on in," she comments to herself. Lucy looks longingly at the elevator control panel, thinking of the graceful decent down, then at the gaping hole in the elevator floor and then back to the elevator control panel. Oh for Gruumsh's sake... swings her legs over the sides, swivels and grabs the ledge, hangs for a moment to pray to Mummu for a soft landing, and lets go.
Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 3: 3
Non-combat actions: Lower all 5'5" of herself as far down the shaft as her lanky arms allow with as much grace as she can muster, drop like a human stone, and then pull herself up the five feet into the presumably now open bottom floor elevator doors.

Actions 1-2 and 4-5: Ensnare these suckers (Range: 200', AoE: 3m, Save: Dodge 16+, 10 PPE/two shots using Susan's TW Snare Gun)
Action 3: Reload (10 PPE)

Otherwise:
If Jez et al. has the situation under control, Lucy will use Telemechanics to scan for security devices or other systems around her (those embedded inside the walls, etc, at a whopping 5ft radius).
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 40: 40
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20| 1d100 = 38: 38

Millicent watches the indecisiveness about how they are going to get down as one-by-one each decides they have to go through the floor. I think I Like this group. ”Who am I to ruin a team bonding moment?” Millcent says to the empty elevator as she holsters her pistol and offers the air a small shrug. ”Why not. You got this girl.” Millicent glances down the hole and aims for an area relatively clear of teammates. ”WooHoo!” Millicent hops down the hole, with one hand on the rope to aide in her descent. Her jump is agile from human standards, but the distance is obviously still too far for her capabilities to make comfortably.

Millicent does her best to land gracefully, but rights herself rather quickly if she does not. She will quickly follow the group through the elevator doors and move for a point of cover somewhat removed from the others in an attempt to spread out any incoming fire. She will then draw both pistols, and take on the most threatening enemy present, letting loose a pair of aimed shots. She quickly follows up the aimed salvo with a burst of energy from both pistols, aimed at which ever threat might be closest to her position.
Combat Actions
Non-Combat Action= Get to the bottom of the elevator
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 21: 14
Action 1: Move to take cover in an attempt to stay safe and spread out if possible
Action 2: Draw TX-23 with left hand | Draw NE-8SL with right hand
Action 3 & 4: Aimed Shot at the enemy posing the biggest threat (Wielding the biggest weapon) in range: TX-23: 1d20+10 = 19: 9| 2d6 = 5: 4, 1MDC | NE-8SL: 1d20+10 = 20: 10| 3d6 = 8: 1, 3, 4MDC
Action 5: Fill the room with energy directed at the nearest threatening enemy:TX-23: 1d20+8 = 12: 4| 5d6 = 20: 5, 2, 6, 4, 3MDC | NE-8SL: 1d20+8 = 20: 12| 6d6 = 22: 5, 2, 4, 1, 5, 5MDC
Auto-Dodge JIC
1d20+5 = 8: 3| 1d20+5 = 8: 3| 1d20+5 = 24: 19| 1d20+5 = 13: 8| 1d20+5 = 21: 16
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Megan Price
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 96: 96/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 80: 80/ 1d20 = 20: 20 Crit Success!
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)
Init: 1d20+8 = 12: 4

Megan internally winces as Susan violently kisses the the outer doors to the elevator shaft, partly from the fact that she knew that likely would have rattled Susan's head, protected as it is by her armor, but also from the lack of stealth the group is employing. If the enemy wasn't aware of them from Jez ripping a hole in the bottom of the elevator car, they do now, if there are any in the hallway. Megan is about to pause to listen for movement outside the elevator door when Jez folds it in half with a punch, making her extremely thankful that her uncle had the foresight to have a Sound Filtration System installed with her Amplified Hearing, as even with normal hearing that noise would have given her a headache. Jez then enters the hallway issuing threats, Megan covering her with her forearm particle blaster, taking careful aim at any enemies, shooting at their weapons first.

Amber then offers to give her a boost up into the hall, so Megan accepts and does a forward roll in before finding something to hide behind as cover and resume covering Jez. If no cover can be found, she will flatten herself against the left wall to provide as a minimized target to hit as possible, keeping her vibro-sword in her right hand to parry any possible attacks.
Megan's Combat Post
Init: 12
Number of Attacks: 6

Attack 1: Boost into Hallway
Attack 2: Find Cover
Attack 3: Aim (if there are enemies with weapons)
Attack 4-5: Called Shot at enemy weapon (if present) 1d20+3 = 14: 11 Damage: 5d6 = 16: 4, 4, 3, 4, 1
Attack 6: Aim (if there are any more enemies with weapons)

Parry: 1d20+11 = 29: 18, 1d20+11 = 28: 17, 1d20+11 = 27: 16, 1d20+11 = 24: 13, 1d20+11 = 30: 19, 1d20+11 = 21: 10

Dodges (if attacked with an attack that she can not parry such as energy weapons or grenades): 1d20+12 = 29: 17, 1d20+12 = 31: 19, 1d20+12 = 32: 20 Crit Success!, 1d20+12 = 20: 8, 1d20+12 = 22: 10, 1d20+12 = 20: 8
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 97: 97 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14: 14 / 1d100 = 57: 57

CONDITIONS: FF active, See Invisible, running Thermal and Radar in HUD, Susan is PISSED at the T-3000. Still on Boing-go.

Susan's faceplate turns to Amber. "Appreciated, but unnecessary."

When Jez busts the elevator doors open, Susan follows her into the next space, easily jumping out of the elevator shaft and (less easily) rolling to one side.

If the T-3000 is visible, she immediately shoots it in the torso, trusting in Science to protect its cranium.

Action 1: Jump out of elevator and roll.
Action 2: Shoot T-3000 with pulse burst. Strike 1d20+7 = 10: 3 / Damage 1d6*10 = 50: 5
Action 3: Shoot T-3000 with pulse burst. Strike 1d20+7 = 13: 6 / Damage 1d6*10 = 60: 6
Action 4: Shoot T-3000 with pulse burst. Strike 1d20+7 = 22: 15 / Damage 1d6*10 = 50: 5
Action 5: Shoot T-3000 with pulse burst. Strike 1d20+7 = 21: 14 / Damage 1d6*10 = 30: 3
Action 6: Shoot T-3000 with pulse burst. Strike 1d20+7 = 14: 7 / Damage 1d6*10 = 40: 4

CONTINGENCIES: If Actual Harkin appears, Susan moves to protect/stabilize him. If the T-3000 drops, Susan moves immediately to take it's head off with her knife, trusting in Science to protect its brain.

Parries: 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 24: 14, 1d20+10 = 11: 1, 1d20+10 = 20: 10, 1d20+10 = 29: 19, 1d20+10 = 29: 19

Otherwise, she just follows Jez.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'; Somewhere underneath the Warrens
Time: 12h:10m:30s (30 seconds have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Environmental: About 68*F (20*C) ; Environmentally comfortable, putrid odor.
Sequence: One
Jezebel takes the lead, leaping up and punching the doors open as she lands with an aggressive command, a putrid odor enters the shaft as Jez looks inwardly and spots a cadaver on the left. It takes her a moment to gather her wits, but what Megan immediately notices is a bloodied cadaver on table on the left side of the room. Susan also leaps in, declining Ambers offer as Amber barely notices Lucille hanging from the elevator and letting go. The lantean intercepts her fall and catches Lucy in her arms as the two share an awkward glance post-fall. Amber props Lucy up, then joins her. Milly leaps down and lands just before Amber catches Lucy, and hops up herself.

The sight in the room is abhorrent, with a couple large operating table-types, several computer systems and a bloodied and skinned corpse to the left. Everyone except for Milly, Megan and Susan nearly lose their breakfast, and even Jez can't remember seeing something so horrific done to a sentient being like this. The body, they can assume is Harkin based on security footage gathered earlier, is literally skinned. There also seems to be a large monitor in the back of the room that is active, and another cyborg on a table.

Everyone slowly starts to fan, with Jez taking the lead and the sight of a barrel aimed directly at her is unmistakable as there is a sudden intense burst of light that fills the room. While attempting to dodge, Jez ends up turning directly into the blast. Luckily, her force-field takes the blast, however, Jezebel is left in near shock as she sees the blast wash over the force field before it seems to fizzle out. Amber, Lucy, and Milly all notice Jezebel's shield drop from the single blast. And they, along with Jez, identify the face of the Harkin-Assassin across the room with a long-arm style weapon seeming formed from it's left arm. The skin where the left forearm use to be is shredded.

Jez wastes no time and closes the distance, engaging in close quarters combat with her first strike being parried by the assassin's gun-arm. Jez finds herself nearly bewildered as this cyborg-like fighter seems to be parrying or otherwise absorbing most of her hits. Jezebel lands several solid strikes, and then immediately notices, and thankfully parries, a large blade that seems to form from the assassin's right arm. This assassin fights devoid of response or retort, with each successful strike from Jez tearing more of the false skin off. Jez is able to parry a good number of the strikes, but a couple do land and begin shredding into her trench coat.

Those fanning out from the back level their energy weapons towards the Assassin and Jezebel but have a hard time making any decisive strikes without fear of hitting their leader with the speed at which she, and the group's quarry, is moving. Lucille, however, takes aim with the snare gun and fires twice. The first round is dodged by both Jezebel and the assassin, however the second one successfully ensnares the assassin in the Magic Net.

There is a sudden clapping heard, and everyone sees the Monitor come to life at the other side of the room. No one recognizes the figure except for Lucille, it is the one that no one could identify from the object reading earlier. "Congratulations. You've passed the test. Now, let's talk. No reason we can't be civil, no? I have a job offer for you ladies." It says, sort of slurring the last word beneath its tendrils.
Map
GIRLS Warrens Lab.png
Treat these following posts as Combat Posts with Initiative regardless of your actions. You are not yet out of danger.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel: N-F50A Forcefield ruptured and off. Trenchcoat is shredded. Failed HF Check
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P., Failed HF Check
    Susan: -2 Personal S.D.C.
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P., -20PPE (or 40 ISP) for two shots from the Snare Gun., Failed HF Check
    Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 5: 5
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5 / 1d100 = 21: 21
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A overloaded, Trench Coat destroyed, -600 PTP

Sonofabitch! That blast took down my shield and this frakker wasted my coat--I just bought that! Jez hopefully finishes the job with a couple of powered-up blows to the assassin cyborg. The first to his chest to hopefully neutralize him, and the second to that blade-arm of his that shredded her coat.
GM wrote:There is a sudden clapping heard, and everyone sees the Monitor come to life at the other side of the room. No one recognizes the figure except for Lucille, it is the one that no one could identify from the object reading earlier. "Congratulations. You've passed the test. Now, let's talk. No reason we can't be civil, no? I have a job offer for you ladies." It says, sort of slurring the last word beneath its tendrils.
Behind her goggles, Jez narrows her eyes. No frakwad, I'll not be negotiating with a monster like you. She looks back over her shoulder at Amber and gives her a meaningful look as if to convey Use your brain to hack into the feed! simply through body language. She passes this look around to each of the GIRLS in turn before saying, "Secure the room." She then turns and walks up to the vidscreen and rests one hand on the console while leaning forward to look at the alien on the screen. She slyly extends a finger tendril into the console while she addresses the figure on the screen. "Cool. Make your offer, bub. You've got my undivided attention."

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 35: 35 (to come across as the bad ass chick who's on top of shit that she is)
Language: American 87% / 1d100 = 22: 22 (to articulate herself clearly and concisely with this alien monster)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100 = 51: 51 (to determine just WTF this thing on the screen is)
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 40: 40 (being sly with her finger tendril)
Computer Hacking 85%+25%=110% / 1d100 = 45: 45 (to traceback the signal; locate the alien on the screen; +20% to computer skills against passive security)
Computer Operation 90%+25%=115% / 1d100 = 37: 37 (to traceback the signal; locate the alien on the screen; +20% to computer skills against passive security)
Computer Programming 80%+25%=105% / 1d100 = 8: 8 (to traceback the signal; locate the alien on the screen; +20% to computer skills against passive security)

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 17: 12
Non-Combat Action:
Action 1: Punch cyborg's chest with Destroy by Touch. EP Strike Damage: 250 M.D. [x2 CRIT] (-500 PTP)
Action 2: Slap cyborg's blade-arm with Destroy by Touch. EP Strike Damage: 50 M.D. [x2 CRIT] (-100 PTP)
Actions 3-10: reserved for skill use
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 16: 6, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 30: 20, 1d20+10 = 27: 17, 1d20+10 = 23: 13, 1d20+10 = 24: 14, 1d20+10 = 25: 15, 1d20+10 = 23: 13, 1d20+10 = 19: 9, 1d20+10 = 20: 10
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 19: 10, 1d20+9 = 19: 10, 1d20+9 = 12: 3, 1d20+9 = 10: 1, 1d20+9 = 28: 19, 1d20+9 = 14: 5, 1d20+9 = 13: 4, 1d20+9 = 20: 11, 1d20+9 = 29: 20, 1d20+9 = 23: 14,
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 37: 37%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 8: 8 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 65: 65%

Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 58: 58% (looking for information in the room and threats from hidden dangers)
Lore : Demons & Monsters 45% = 1d100 = 74: 74% (to identify the race of the being on the monitor)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Amber chokes down the rising bile in her mouth as she notices the bloody cadaver lying on the operating table as she enters the room. I hoped I was done with dismembered half-skinned bodies with not hunting down necromancers anymore.

She steps inside the room and moves to her left to clear the doorway for the others entering. She scans the room quickly for other threats and anything out of place or intriguing from near the elevator shaft. She keeps her pistol drawn and targeted on the ensnared cyborg and if it looks like it is going to get free, she will start unloading ion pulses into it. She also keeps an eye on the cyborg lying on the table to make sure it suddenly doesn’t become active and if it does, she will start firing at it.
Jezebel wrote:Behind her goggles, Jez narrows her eyes. No frakwad, I'll not be negotiating with a monster like you. She looks back over her shoulder at Amber and gives her a meaningful look as if to convey Use your brain to hack into the feed! simply through body language. She passes this look around to each of the GIRLS in turn before saying, "Secure the room." She then turns and walks up to the vidscreen and rests one hand on the console while leaning forward to look at the alien on the screen. She slyly extends a finger tendril into the console while she addresses the figure on the screen. "Cool. Make your offer, bub. You've got my undivided attention."
She notices Jez’s meaningful look and gives a slight shake of her head. Lucy can take care of that, she thinks. She has Telemechanics working already from what I saw upstairs and I’m not a techie anyway, so she is better suited to tracing the origin of this call than I am. Amber watches the screen come to life and studies the features of the creature to be able to identify it. Otherwise, she listens to the conversation between her and Jez.

Initiative (+3 added): 1d20+3 = 7: 4

Action 1: Lost due to the revulsion of the gruesome scene in front of her.
Action 2: Scan room for threats.
Action 3: Fire burst at any threat to herself or the rest of the team: Strike: 1d20+2 = 17: 15, Damage: 4d6 = 13: 1, 2, 4, 6 M.D.
Action 4: Fire burst at any threat to herself or the rest of the team: Strike: 1d20+2 = 7: 5, Damage: 4d6 = 19: 6, 6, 3, 4 M.D.
Action 5: Fire burst at any threat to herself or the rest of the team: Strike: 1d20+2 = 11: 9, Damage: 4d6 = 20: 4, 5, 6, 5 M.D.
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
Locked

Return to “GIRLS Adventure Archives”