Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Underguard

Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Post by Underguard »

Located at 18 River Street, near the corner on the wall of the Warrens is a relatively nice, considering its location, two story house. Upon arrival, a hovercraft can be seen under a steel overhang with a tarp over it.
Underguard

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Post by Underguard »

Susan can identify the rather nice hovercraft as the one Sharee drove them around in earlier and moves to the door. She doesn't find a doorbell so, resigns to knock and is met by Brooks. He waves her in and takes a seat in the living room area of the house, taking a sip of a beer, he tosses one to her. Sharee comes in the room a few seconds later and plops on the couch.

"Alright, spill. What the hell happened out there?" Brooks says.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Brooks watches as Susan disappears into the bathroom and then returns devoid of most of her techno-gadgets. He opens his arm, beer in one, while sitting in a recliner as if to say "Go on" regarding what she has to say. Sharee sitting on the couch next to the recliner, no beer but her dark eyes are very intently staring at Susan.

"He told me enough." She says somberly but doesn't seem to shed a tear. Susan can't tell if that's cause she's already done her crying, or she's able to keep a stoic face.
Susan wrote:"The assassin, per se, has been eliminated. It was an evil robot. Its owner is a True Naruni - I assume the one that owns the local franchise, though I have not confirmed this. It is pursuing your employer for stolen technology and has no compunction with doing things like skinning someone for a robot to wear as a disguise."
Brook's stops mid-drink with slightly widened eyes as Sharee scrunches her nose and closes her own. "He skinned my goddamn partner?" Brooks muttered, half in bewilderment and half in a barely controlled anger.
Susan wrote:"Due to our involvement, we have now been forcibly co-opted by said Naruni as its sometime agents, although we have been told the assassinations are over."
Brooks narrows his eyes at the cyber-doc as Sharee stares at her before scowling and pulling a pistol out from inbetween the sofa cushions. "Sharee!" Brooks snaps, prompting her to lower the pistol, though there is obvious disdain in her facial expressions. Brooks looks towards Susan again. "What do you mean, forcibly co-opted. Answer carefully here, cause we are one sentence away from being enemies." Brooks says in a low growl.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

The two glance at each other before Brooks shrugs.

"I contracted your group to track down the killer, not align with them." He states plainly before half-nodding his head with an obvious defeated sigh. "And I can't fault you for taking the better of two deals when one ended in death and one ended in life." Brooks continues.

"You say you want to kill this thing, right? Just got to get close and not be at such an obvious disadvantage." Brooks reasons, maintaining a level head. Susan can plainly see Sharee is boiling with anger, but still sitting back. Brooks places his hand on Sharee's arm and nods, prompting her to let go of a breathe she's been holding and sit back, nodding to Brooks.

"We'll help you kill this fucker, so long as you don't plan to flop on that plan." Brooks resigns and adds. "When you tell the Defenders, I'd recommend the less they know the better. If your right, and it is a True Naruni who might even own the franchise in town, he could very well have ears in the Defenders and tipping him of your intentions would be a death sentence." Brooks explains and offers his hand. "Shake on it? I'll hold you to it this time."
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Brooks shrugs. "My employer is specific on the details. All of these details will prove invaluable I'm sure, and I would even venture that he'd be willing to help you take this squid-face out now knowing more about it. I do think a renegotiation is in order, and it is out of my paygrade to be frank. I'll contact my employer and see about setting up a meeting between him and your commander. Ensure you take preventative measures that your new naruni friend isn't listening in."
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Brooks nods and Sharee and Susan share a hug before the cyber-doc departs.