GIRLS in Merctown

Underguard

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Mini Update

Susan identifies the still living victim as being a man, roughly in his thirties. She has trouble stabilizing him, but does identify that the wound is a large puncture wound in his lower torso from a bladed weapon and the blood that is pouring from the wound is laced with a silver-like substance; suggesting the presence of a lot of those nanites she found earlier, enough to be seen with the naked eye. The victim is coughing up and nearly choking on blood as Jezebel moves in and closes the wound with her touch; his strained breathing doesn't subside which suggests internal bleeding or worse. His cough is hoarse and he seems to be grasping at Susan as if pleading, a bloodied pistol in his right hand

Amber defers to Jezebel's order and looks around the room. She finds the third dead body in the upside down kitchen, and this one looked like it put up a fight. Closer inspection of the body reveals part of the EBA seems to be shattered around another puncture wound identical to the one on the living victim, located in his lower abdomen. If Amber is so inclined, she finds an identical wound on the other two in the main room. The one sitting at the table has a wound in the square of their back, severing part of the spine and the one on the couch has a wound in the upper right of the torso, just up and right of the sternum. Each of the three have some sort of heavy pistol of Naruni design.

As Susan activates her radio to call the Defenders, she hears only static feedback. Jezebel hears the static click over the radio when Susan tries to radio, but doesn't actually hear Susan's voice over the radio as she hears her speaking in front of her. The Arismal soldier figures there is a small jamming or dark field over this house, as they were able to communicate with the Defenders out in the streets. Thinking on it, Jez can guess this is why the tracker she planted stopped transmitting earlier. Jezebel hears another static click on the radio, but doesn't hear any words. She can safely presume one of the others are trying to use the radio and are outside the house. Inside the house, Jezebel cannot see any signs of advanced equipment besides some of the weapons and armors carried by the dead. Though, upon closer inspection, Jez finds the slightest of imprints of a foot that passed through a puddle of blood, leading back out the front door.

When Megan uses her radio to communicate to Jez and the others, she hears static feedback that makes her radio seem like it's weak or low on power but she knows that is not the case; the headhunter has encountered this type of tech before, the house has some sort of radio-blockers. Megan can theorize that the type of door leading to the cellar, the signal being interrupted, it doesn't add up and is well beyond what the average merc outfit can afford. She looks behind her and sees Mill and Lucille watching, but no one else. Megan can also safely assume that those inside the house did not hear her call.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Conditions: Shadow Meld: Duration: 3 min; Prowl at 60% while in shadows, -5 to attacker strike
Prowl 60% / [dice]3[/dice]

Lucy follows behind Megan, attempting to be both casual and sneaky. So this is what being a merc is like, huh. Chasing the bad guys, the noose tightening around there miserable hideout. A girl could get use to it! She catches up to her pulling off a tarp to reveal a steel door blocking their way, and noting Megan's surprise comes in for closer inspection.
Megan Price wrote:What the?! A freaking steel door? With an electronic lock? IN THE FUCKING WARRENS?! Megan's mind is sufficiently blown for several seconds as she mentally processes that until she comes to a few conclusions, and none of them are good. "Temptress, Jammer here. The tarp was covering a steel double door to the cellar locked with a rather sophisticated lock and has a numerical keypad. In the Warrens. While it could be something innocent, I'm going to assume otherwise. And while it may not be connected to the Black Market, extreme caution would be well advised. Standing by for further instructions."

Looking back to Lucille and Millicent, Megan says "Either of you wouldn't happen to know how to crack an electronic lock, would you? I could do it with some explosives, but that might not be the best idea."
The steal door doesn't surprise Lucy nearly as much as it does Megan, in part because her eye is drawn to the fancy electronic lock. Oh, very fancy! When Megan asks about cracking it, Lucy forms a thoughtful expression. "I could probably fry it with some lightning. But this poor lock didn't do nothing to us... may be we can gently hack it... or guess the 'borg's mother's birthday? I'm thinking May for some reason..." Luckily this thought train doesn't get far out of the station as Lucy is distracted by a familiar voice:
Jezebel wrote:Jez leans down and then looks up to Megan, Milly, and Lucy. "Radio's being jammed," she says quietly. Her facial expression to the three GIRLS is a crystal clear instruction: cover the door. Jez reaches out a hand to touch the door's electronic keypad lock. She allows her index finger to transform into a thin, wiry tendril which she then merges with the lock to usurp control of it (assuming there's no Artificial Intelligence governing this door lock). Sister, you just know this frakking thing is gonna be booby-trapped, right? Ah well, what's that old line from the Texts of Cojo? "Fortuna Favet Fortibus," wasn't it? She grimaces and unlocks the door, looks to Megan, nods, and then jerks the door wide open.
Lucy, receiving Jez's clear visual instruction, takes her place around the side of the door in some shadows and aims her 9mm in preparation. So it's come to this cowgirl, nearly high noon, pistols out. The 'borg comes quietly or... or... well, or I web him! She prepares her sticky magical surprise and waits.
Combat Actions
Initiative: [dice]4[/dice]

If the 'borg shows its ugly hobbling mug:
Actions 1, 3, 5: Fire Magic Nets until one is successful (Range: 60', AoE: 3m, Save: Dodge 16+, 7 PPE)
Actions 2, 4: Fire a Blinding Flash (Range 60', Save: Standard, 13, 1 PPE)

Dodge any return fire [dice]5[/dice], [dice]6[/dice], [dice]7[/dice]

Otherwise:
Await instructions from the boss.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

Cordelia realizes that this house is a dead end for her. She doesn't want to add getting shot to her list of life's accomplishments. "I'm so sorry. I'm leaving. I wont bother you. Before I go, Maybe your neighbor might have seen anything, are they cool, do they seem like dog people?" She then leaves quietly bowing and backing out the way she came in. Still looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

Once outside, she shudders uncontrollably for a minute. Time to be an adult you can do this. She regains her composure and makes her way to the target house. Once inside she starts looking around for anything helpful. Find Contraband 65% [dice]3[/dice] As she looks around she returns to her normal appearance and fixes her hair into a ponytail. She looks around until she locates Susan and her patient. [dice]4[/dice] +6 save vs horror
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 12h:00am (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Susan hands off her Net gun to Jez as Jezebel leaves the house, she sees Cordelia exiting another house and heading her way before Jez rounds the corner of the target house to find Megan, Lucille, and Millicent. Allowing her fingers to extend like mechanical tendrils, she interfaces with the locking mechanism and after several seconds, Jezebel and Megan hears the lock unclick next to them. The metal doors recede slightly then seem to fold down quietly revealing a staircase of obviously tech nature, that lights up as the doors open. Upon peering inward, there is a single door at the end of the hallway, roughly fifteen feet in or the center of the house that appears to be an elevator door that is shut. Millicent, should she peer in the stairwell and hallway underneath the house, is also able to note a rather unobtrusive if not downright concealed pair of cameras; one facing the elevator and one facing the entrance to the hallway.

Meanwhile, inside the house, Susan uses ever injection of the IRMSS kit she has to try to stave off what she thinks is active hostile nanites in the victim's body. His coughing increases, and he groans as though his stomach and head was about to explode but seems to at least momentarily staved from death. Coughing with a wince, blood lacing his lip, the man reaches out to Susan with a pained smile and slight tears from his eyes. Susan can see him barely tapping his finger on the pistol in his hand like he's trying to move it and her keen doctor's eye knows this man is in excruciating pain. "B-below. Alpha-HA--" He winces and continues. "Hotel. 6.... 3..." He says, his eyes starting to roll back as he winces in pain and tries laying down on his side.

Amber, watching over Susan, triggers her Mind's Eye and scans the room. Unfortunately, her mind's eye doesn't reveal anything she doesn't already see with her own eyes. Nothing seems to be cloaked or otherwise hidden in the main floor, and she can deduce that the main floor was in fact, nothing more than a front. She does however immediately sense when Cordelia enters the front door.

Cordelia for her part is able to take a deep breathe and not loose her lunch or cool as she immediately sees two blood stricken bodies to either her left and her right. Cordelia also notes Susan tending to another collapsed body ahead of her in the hallway. Cordelia doesn't see anything out of the ordinary in this house, no drug stashes, no anything really of note. It's like this is a house designed as a hang out spot more than a sleeping spot.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P.
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille: Shadow Meld expired
    Millicent:
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia sees the murder site. Her head reels for a moment as her vision tunnels out and hazes over. Her mind slowly makes sense of the situation and she regains herself control. She sees Susan and Amber.
She utters a soft exclamation of disbelief under her breath. "What in the unholy crap is this. " She gags a little but holds it. "Oh I cant believe I'm asking, but is there anything I can do to help? " She looks at the Doctor and then at Amber. "Next door was a no go. Crying baby and an angry man with a gun. This place looks like a facade. Other than... this" she points timidly at the bloody remains. " Anything else I should know about."
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy catches the net gun Jez tosses to her in her off hand and holsters her 9mm. Looking over this piece of magitech ingenuity, she smiles. "Thanks, doc!"

Eying the corridor with the others, she wonders what the hell they are getting themselves in to. "A blind tunnel into an elevator - probably nothing to worry about, right?" she musses to the group.

If Milly points out the cameras: "Oh I have an idea - let's see what these little guys have been seeing and where they report to. Amber," she says to the air around them, feeling trusting from all the good feels she's been sending out, "if you can hear me and want to follow me with your telepathy, go ahead girl, my mind is open to it!" She reaches out with Telemechanics (10 ISP) to interface with the camera and the security system they are attached to, attempting the following and relaying what she finds in real-time to the team:

1. Read first the recent video/audio feed of the corridor to confirm what they suspect about their 'borg's whereabouts.
2. Identify how connected this system is.
  • If it is connected to a jammer, relay any info about the jammer immediately.
    If connect to other feeds,
    • a) Tap into other video/audio feeds to get a layout of the lair (if this system is connected to anything inside).
      b) Track the 'borg on different video feeds to trace his path.
      c) Identify other individuals caught on their own feeds and where they are currently.
3. If not connected, then return to video/audio feed of the corridor and work backwards to see how many others have come in and out.

Telemechanics skill expertise [dice]3[/dice] / 80%
Telemechanics skill knowledge [dice]4[/dice] / 88%
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia takes her instructions and happily leaves the mess of a massacre. She regains her color as she leaves the room. She makes her way quickly out to find the boss.
"Jezebel, Temptress ma'am. The dying man said Alpha Hotel six three. I dont know if that helps you since it looks like you have the hatch open." She trails off. well that may be pointless at least Im not going to puke. She takes a deep breath.
She looks down at the basement. I wonder. She pulls out her new cellphone and attempts to find both floor plans of the house and any underground sewers from the local government agencies. She is uncertain if they keep these records but takes a few moments to check. Research 95% [dice]3[/dice] She may wonder away from the house to get signal is being jammed.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update
Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 12h:05am (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Jez does a baton pass with the Net-Gun to Lucy then, after relaying some information and thoughts, strides down the hallway with Lucille, Megan and Millicent in tow. Millicent points out the cameras, prompting Jez, Lucy and Megan pause.

Lucille, having a spark of insight regarding the pair of cameras in the small hallway, and reaches out with her telemechanics and touches an exposed wiring that leads to the first camera. Her mind is flooded with information regarding the camera which, fortunately for her, seems to have a backup storage, allowing her to playback recent footage. Millicent sees several disconcerting things; first, she sees a silver-skinned exoskeleton type cyborg carrying an unconscious Harkin, walking towards the Elevator and entering it. Several hours of swift fast-forwarding then show the Harkin walking back out with a purposeful stride. More recently, she sees Harkin again walking back towards the Elevator, and she sees the gunshot wounds on the leg apparently causing him no inhibited walk or limp. Time stamp was less than 20 minutes ago. She also knows that this camera is linked to a central server that she cannot access currently, which is most likely down below and does stream a live feed. No others have entered or exited this hallway besides the cyborg and the unconscious Harkin, who still does not seem to have left.

Cordelia rounds the corner and relays the partial code to Jezebel then pulls out her phone, while she is standing near or within the house with her cell phone, she seems to find that there is no open service for her phone to receive. She can surmise that any and all radio signals are being actively blocked within or near the house, but such a jammer wouldn't extend very far outside the house.

Moving forward with the knowledge they have, Jezebel enters the Hallway and checks for traps or other dangers in the hallway to find nothing. It's apparent whoever build this place was fairly confident in either remaining undiscovered or the initial security door preventing access. Jezebel is able to simply push a single button on the Elevator that initiates a small whir before the door opens. She does see what looks like faint amounts of blood however she is able to note that there is far less blood from the wound she caused than there should be.

Cordelia, Megan, Milly and Lucy are all able to follow Jez down the basement hallway and all can see the elevator door now opening.

Meanwhile, Susan injects a pain supplement into the victim who is keeling over in a pained groan. When she mentions using a taser, shockingly, she hears a pained laugh-like grunt from the man as he struggles to sit back up. Taking a deep breathe, speaking through a wince, he nods. "It's just a tool. I-I don't even know who made it. M-my crew and I were.. Tsh.. were hired anonymously to be... guards? Kush job, good pay. No questions asked. Just-- just hang out and prevent anyone from go-going in the basement. We've... never been there." He says slowly, struggling to get as much out as he can. "That.. that damn robot. Walked in. Just looked at us and said. "You're contract has been nullified." Then went fucking crazy. Killed Ross and... Alec... almost immediately." He says through gritted and bloodied teeth, his grip around his pistol tightening. He looks at Susan and Amber before adding. "Go. It's likely still in the basement. Destroy that monstrosity. You- you all will need to be careful." He finishes, urging them both to join Jez and the others, however Susan's medical eye knows that if he doesn't get real treatment real soon, he won't live for much longer.

Amber, during the victim's explanation, closes her eyes and reaches further out with her Mind's Eye, as far as it will take her. She can almost see all the way past the Tavern, and does sense at least one body moving around the building from the North-northwest, though Susan can tell her that is likely the other mercenary who initially hired them. She doesn't note anyone else making any direct movements towards the house, and the streets / alleyways are semi-bustling. Oddly enough, Amber notes that, while this roof is now caved in on itself, at least partially, no one in the immediate are cares enough to respond, or just remain oblivious to it entirely.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P.
    Millicent:
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)

Jez tells the crew outside by the door that the radios are being jammed and Megan replies with "Shit, what I wouldn't give to have my Wild Weasel right about now, I'd make short work of the jamming, at least as far as we were concerned. What's the radius of the effect? Narrow band jamming, wide band multi-spectrum?" Megan considers all the ways to produce to cause interference based on her personal knowledge and the information provided and if they have the means to, if not cancel the interference, get around it with the equipment on hand (Electronic Countermeasures [dice]3[/dice]/62% Crit Success via Deus Ex Machina).

When Lucy mentions the cameras, Megan says "Those are going to have to be hardwired to a central system if this is a wide band multi-spectrum jamming as there would be no way the cameras signals wouldn't be affected too. Is there anyway you could use that to your advantage in that case?"

Turning to address Millie, Megan says "Their security team wouldn't have to be terribly big, especially if they know that trouble is on the way. A few well placed turrets in a long hallway would generally be a very effective death corridor."

As they descend into the underground hallway, Megan asks "Does anyone have a spare pistol that they could let me use down here? Or hell, a spare E-Clip?"
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Millicent Mayeux wrote: Millicent grimaces behind her helmet, but holsters a pistol to slide a hand behind her back and pull an E-clip that was hooked to her work harness out. That’s your only spare, girl. Then Susan slides in, handing Megan an Eclip. Millicent silently puts her own eclip back in its pocket and pulls out her second pistol once again. ”Sorry, don’t feel competent unless both my hands have something in them.” she says, motioning to her pistols. ”You really don’t have a gun?” Debating which of her pistols she might be willing to lend for a short period of time.

As the door elevator door opens, Millicent comments. ”Now that, I can control. With my mind that is. If it doesn’t respond to the classic ‘pushing of buttons’ treatment of course. A turret too… maybe. I think. Probably just one however.”Can you? Yeah, sure you can.
Megan looks to Millie and lifts her cybernetic arm as she pops the Concealed Particle Beam Weapon System out while she seats the e-clip that Susan kindly gave her in the e-clip port on her arm, saying "Technically, I'm always armed. It's just the defenders disengage the system every time I enter MercTown under normal circumstances. Fortunately for me, these were far from normal circumstances and they overlooked it this time. As to why I have no e-clips? Last time I was visiting the Chi-Town 'Burbs, some Dead Boys were harrassing me, giving me a hard time, but eventually let me go after taking all of my e-clips that I had on me. Thankfully my power armor was stashed a few miles out of the 'Burbs, and I flew in and out under the cover of darkness, otherwise they would have happily confiscated it too."

When Susan mentions blowing the elevator, Megan replies with "I can blow it if you have the bombs. And I also have a grapnel launcher and climb cord for it in my arm as well, so it wouldn't be that big of a problem for me, but I do want to point out a couple of things. Blowing the elevator would hinder us overall more than it would hinder our target, considering it's own leaping ability back at the hangar. Right now it has to go through the elevator to go up or down, where as if we blow it it is no longer slowed by the speed of the elevator. And as for us, I don't know how many of us have the ability to climb and rappel up and down the elevator shaft."
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 13 minutes remaining)

Lucy gives an ongoing report of the contents of her mind to the group, with surpringly little clutter side-comments about unconscious-Harkin state of dress or 'borg-Harkin's silly limp. "Seems like this 'borg's got a 20 minute head start to ready itself." She mentally squints, furrowing her brow in the physical world. "Hrm. Can't seem to access it, but there's a central server somewhere - got itself a one way connection so I can't pull anything out of it this side. But I've not spotted anyone else coming or going for a while."
Megan Price wrote:When Lucy mentions the cameras, Megan says "Those are going to have to be hardwired to a central system if this is a wide band multi-spectrum jamming as there would be no way the cameras signals wouldn't be affected too. Is there anyway you could use that to your advantage in that case?"
Lucy cocks her head to the side. "Good question lady, let's see..." She gives a ponder to whether there's anything anti-jammer she might be able to do under the circumstances and given her new knowledge about the 'borg lair's security system.

Computer Operation [dice]3[/dice] / 64% (to diagnose ways to disrupt the jammer)
Sensory Equipment [dice]4[/dice] / 59%
TW Construction [dice]5[/dice] / 90%
Computer Repair [dice]6[/dice] / 59%
Jury-Rig [dice]7[/dice] / 44%

While continuing to ponder the jammer, she listens in on the swirl of ideas to blow or not to blow the elevator. These ladies got some wild ideas about elevator shafts. Good thing they taught us a flight spell back in Stormspire.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 12h:07pm (2 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Susan leaves to injured man on the ground as he gives a weak thumbs up to her while clutching his side, and though there is no blood anymore, the pain he is in is obvious. Heading outside, Susan takes several steps away from the house, nearly hugging the wall of the house directly in front of it (south of it on the map) and finds the signal reduction drastically weaker. She can actually get a signal out. "There are multiple bodies and one person who has been infected by nanites. I have temporarily stabilized him, but he is likely to die if you do not arrive quickly with something to deactivate the nanites or regenerate him quickly to counter the damage they are causing. Our team is continuing our pursuit of the assassin." She radios to the Defenders, then promptly moves to the side of the house and links up with the others. Amber follows suit. The two of them quickly spot their compatriots as they are descending below.

Megan imagines being behind the controls of her Wild Weasel and running her own counter electronic signals and how she could combat this jamming field. Megan takes a moment and, from the access point leading underneath the house, takes out her cell phone to find it has no signal, then flips to her radio to find it being met with a fair degree of white noise that makes any sort of communication impossible. She is confident it is some sort of signal to noise jamming, but its source eludes her. The simple radios they carry can do nothing against this type of jamming, though she's confident she could clean the signal and broadcast with her Wild Weasel's systems. Her train of thought is broken by Susan as she approaches from behind with Amber in tow.

Milly is slightly taken aback by their lack of proper armaments and thinks on the application of turrets and the like in such a hallway. When she looks though, Milly is confident that she does not see any turrets in the hallway.

Lucille, meanwhile, thinks on the cameras being connected to a server through hard-wiring and how she may be able to affect such a connection. Unfortunately, as she continues to try to reach towards the server with her telemechanics, she finds it's like hitting a road block or brick wall, she is actively being prevented access from the server. However, she also is confident that this server is likely where the jamming field originates from.

Together, everyone proceeds to the elevator and finds a single keypad and a green light lit up on the keypad. Anyone taking a moment to try pressing a button finds the Elevator opens without issue.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Cordelia:
    Susan:
    Millicent:
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 11 minutes remaining)
Jezebel wrote:Jez nods, "Okay, then shut it down. No need giving them eyes on us."
"You got it, Jez." Lucy forces her mind back into the security system and sends a psychic signal to shut down. If that doesn't work, having heard Amber's suggestion of 'smash', she rushes over to the cameras. "Smash 'em?? Oh Amber, these poor little cameras are merely slaves to their master." She reaches up and pops out some key wires to disconnect them. "There, no real harm to 'em. Now go to sleep little guys."
Amber Dach wrote:While checking out the elevator, she thinks, Why the hell am I even looking at this, I don't a thing about elevators or electronics. She says, “I’m all for getting on with this, but if someone with technical skills wants to check out the elevator first, go right ahead. Otherwise, let’s see where it leads. Uhm, so what's the plan Temptress?”
"Good idea. Let's see if there's anything suspicious going on here." Lucy eyes the keypad and other input systems of the elevator and turns her telemechanic attention on them, working her way their systems, especially keen to discern if there is anything nefarious afoot with its design or any systems linked to it that she can access.

Telemechanics skill expertise 80% / [dice]3[/dice]
Telemechanics skill knowledge 88% / [dice]4[/dice]
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye Multi-Optic Eye (looking for what she can see with only her natural eye, also Thermal Imaging or Nightvision of needed), Amplified Hearing (listening for potential danger)

Megan feels a pang a emotional pain as Jez fires Cordelia. Before she goes to leave, Megan speaks up to her saying "Girl, if you really want a go at this lifestyle, I would recommend enrolling over at the Headhunter Academy. Good luck out there, where ever you go!"
Jezebel wrote:Jez shakes her head. "Dunno, but it's likely barrage jamming unless they've been snooping our comms traffic."
Megan scoffs and laughs in the same breath and looks to Jezebel saying "Are you testing me? Barrage jamming? You do realize that type of jamming is specifically used against radar units, right? And there would be no way they could be suppressing only our devices as that would mean that they would have to find out our phone numbers to phones that we purchased not even a couple of hours ago, if that. No, even without being in my Wild Weasel, I'm confident that this is some sort of signal to noise jamming, but I don't have the means of confirming the location of the source of the jamming. That being said, I'd be willing to bet my Wild Weasel that it's under this building, dead center and strait down. Let the edge of the radius of the jamming signal go too far to one side or the other, and it affects other houses, in full or partially, which over time is going to start making people curious and start investigating what's going on, which is exactly the kind of thing I doubt who ever set this operation wants considering how much time, effort, and money that they have obviously already dropped into this little endeavor."
Amber Dach wrote:As Amber and Susan rejoin with the Megan, Milly and Lucille, she takes her surroundings. She notices the elevator and the camera. “So is the camera still active?” If they say it is still active , she says. “Why the hell is still up? We are giving them easy intel on us! Smash it or disconnect it!” If it is inactive, she will just nod and move forward to check out the elevator.
"Truth be told, if anyone was watching the feeds then they would already know we were here when Jez opened the door over there. Assuming that we even knew that the cameras were there and operational before Jez opened the door, that wouldn't change a thing because we would have had no access to them until after the door was opened, which the cameras would have easily seen from the inside of the hallway. But for you psychic types, can you tell if these are linked to others?"
Amber Dach wrote:On her way forward, she checks everyone over visually on the way to the elevator to make sure they are all okay and to see if anyone is lacking any vital gear that is easily scrounged up from the dead men upstairs. She notices that Megan doesn’t seem to have anything but a vibrosword and vibroknife hanging from her gear and says to her. “Do you need an energy pistol Megan? There are like 3 or 4 heavy Naruni models upstairs in the house. Their owners won’t be needing them anymore but I think they would appreciate a certain level of revenge to being used on their killer.”
"Like I just told her, I'm technically always armed, pun partially intended. But I only get 8 shots out of an eclip. Still, I'd hate to waste time unless Jez feels we can safely wait the couple of minutes it would take me to go and collect them. Can never have too much firepower." Megan says, indicating to Millie as the other person she had talked to about her firepower issue.

Megan looks over to Jez for confirmation and sees that she has already dropped through the hole in the elevator car she had made, causing Megan to let out a sigh. She will use her Multi-Optic Eye to try and figure out just how far down the elevator shaft goes. If it descends down to 90' or less, she will rappel her way down, otherwise she will go down in the elevator car with the others. (Climbing/Rappelling [dice]3[/dice]/62%/52% I couldn't remember which number was for climbing and which is for rappelling.)
Last edited by Megan Price on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Megan Price wrote:"Truth be told, if anyone was watching the feeds then they would already know we were here when Jez opened the door over there. Assuming that we even knew that the cameras were there and operational before Jez opened the door, that wouldn't change a thing because we would have had no access to them until after the door was opened, which the cameras would have easily seen from the inside of the hallway. But for you psychic types, can you tell if these are linked to others?"
With her current telemechanic knowledge of the schematics, Lucy tries to answer Megan, "Well from my psychic link to this part of the security system..." she succinctly starts to rattle off what she knows about camera links to system broadly.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is unable to get any cellular signal and gives up on searching for floor plans of the basement. She sees the elevator ahead, she is not excited about it. Then Jez breaks the news to her.
"Cordelia, you can't follow us. You'll just get yourself killed, or one of us when we're tryin' to save you from yourself. Your trial run with this company is at its end as I'm not comfortable sending you into harm's way. Head back to the hangar, grab your stuff, and pack out. If you got any loose ends to tie up, you've got my number and know how to reach me." She points out the door and towards the Hangman's Tavern. "Leave."
Wait, what?

She is heartbroken and relieved at the same time.
"Thank god I don't have to get into that elevator." She does her best to act like she isn't heart broken.
Performance 70% [dice]3[/dice]
She shrugs and leaves. She returns to the hangar and packs her things. She fights the urge to paint mean and hateful things all over the hangar walls. She instead leaves and drives her Salamander back to Lazlo where she begins writing her book. "My time in Merctown" the exploits of a beautiful young shape shifting scholar who single handed saves a small group of mercenaries with her wit and skills.

Maybe I will send them all a copy when I get it published.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Millicent Mayeux wrote:Milly’s attention is perked. ”You have a Weasel? How does it handle? I have heard the thrusters are a piece of work; the way they are attached to the armors hard structure is apparently an ingenuitive marvel. Something about how they are able to accelerate without tearing off of their mounting. My Grease Monkey could probably handle this shaft with little issues; I usually use it to work in hazardous conditions.” Millicent pauses. ”I do have some rope if we find ourselves without control of the elevator… Maybe we should stop just above our exit floor anyway… just in case?”
"I, uh, inherited it in a sense. It's my uncle's who was also the one mentoring me. After he had disappeared, I have been using it to get from place to place quickly and with most people unaware of my presence. It takes some coordination to get used to the thrusters, otherwise you won't be able to bring all of your training to good use with it. I had the chance to fly a Sidewinder as well, and that's pretty much the same story. I don't really know anything about the engineering aspects of it." Megan replied to the inquisitive mechanic.
Millicent Mayeux wrote:
Lucille Davis wrote:With her current telemechanic knowledge of the schematics, Lucy tries to answer Megan, "Well from my psychic link to this part of the security system..." she succinctly starts to rattle off what she knows about camera links to system broadly.
”That is all good to know.” Millicent moves towards the elevator, putting her Naruni pistol in its holster. She will turn on her helmet light and peer over the edge of the hole Jez punched into the elevator. ”As I said, I have rope. I can also jump further than you humans. Not by much, but maybe enough to matter today.” Milly moves to a corner of the elevator, making sure there is room for the others to get into the broken cart.

”Lets ride the elevator down. Any tactical advantage they had of watching us was shot when our boss jumped down the hole. Our best bet now is to lock the facilities systems down and let wonder girl do her thing. “ Millicent tries to offer her ideas of what to do next before she stops short. I sounded too bossy. Im just the new girl. ”If you can get me and…” She motions to Lucille. ”I am sure we can take control of what ever systems they have set up downstairs.”

If the others pile into the elevator, Millicent will press the button indicating the lowest floor.

If a dead beat happens, say when they are riding down the elevator, Millicent will ask, too calmly: “So, why are we here? My interview was rather rushed. I get there is some kind of nasty dude out there? a cyborg, right? And apparently-“ She taps the elevator wall. ”-Well funded. Who are you-We. Who are we?”
"We are G.I.R.L.S., General Investigative, Recon, and Liberation Services. At least I think that is what that means. We are after either a cyborg or highly advanced robot that does not show up on technological sensors. Actually I just won a suit of body armor that can do that from a raffle at One Eyed Jacks. But we are here because we are being paid by a mysterious employer whose employees were allowed to bring in outside help, one of who our target has made itself look like. Out query is assassinating targets, many of which have some sort of connection to our mysterious employer, by way of weaponized nanites, either fired like a bullet, inserted like a knife, or ingested like a poison. At this point I feel that it is too early to speculate the target's connection to the complex we now find ourselves in." Megan replies to her if the question is asked.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Jezebel wrote:Jez looks to the GIRLS, new and old alike, "I'm gonna see how far down this goes, and what's at the bottom. Listen for me. I'll holler if it's clear or not. You can figure out what to do yourselves from there." She strides into the elevator and looks to its control panel first, then reads off whatever depth/elevation options are indicated on it. She then punches a hole through the floor of the elevator, and pries it open with her bare hands (Supernatural P.S. 52) wide enough for her to jump down. Flashing a cocky smile at the GIRLS she says, "See you down below," then jumps through (can fall 520' without taking damage from a fall). Once she's landed, she'll look for the "bottom floor" and listen closely to what's on the other side of the bottom floor door.
Lucy watches as Jez rips open the elevator floor and then vanishes into the elevator shaft. Much to her surprise, several of her teammates follow: the doctor, the nice psychic. More rough and tumble that I would have thought, these GIRLS! She pokes her head over the hole and then turns to look at the elevator keypad. "Well that there might just be the craziest way to get to the basement, but I suppose we're going to also want to get back up, hopefully 'borg in hand." Well, in hand one way or another.

She gets back to the elevator keypad and gives it a once over with her Telemechanics to make sure it's not booby trapped or otherwise murderous, saying to whoever is still in the elevator with her, "Ok then, last chance to follow our fearless leader the hard way!" and, unless there are strong objections, pressed whatever button indicates the lowest floor. "Going down" she entones in that polite but firm voice.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 12h:10m (3 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Under a swift realization that Cordelia may become a liability underground, Jezebel turns to her and orders her to leave. Cordelia is unable to hide her anguished feelings at being told to leave by her teammates and makes her way back to the Hanger to retrieve her equipment. Megan is one of the only ones who feels a slight pang as Cordelia leaves, and offers her some friendly advice before she departs.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team discuss possible options but all are taken relatively by surprise when Jezebel enters the Elevator and, with an impressive feat of strength, rips a hole in the steel box and drops down. The drop is only thirty feet or so, and Jez lands gracefully at the bottom though she finds herself five or so feet beneath the only other doorway in the shaft. She can hear movement on the other side of the door, but it is further away. The elevator door to the room is nearly perfectly aligned with the wall itself, leaving no room get out of the shaft unless she prys the door open herself.

As Amber asks about the the cameras being active and Jez giving the order to kill them, Lucille reaches out and finds that each one has a kill switch on the device itself that is easy enough to flip. While she can't connect with the server, Lucille knows the cameras are no longer transmitting. She then steps into the Elevator, moving around the hole created by Jez, and interfaces with the controls. The system is alien to her, causing her to trip a couple times in her connection, but she eventually garners control of the elevator and determines it only goes to one stop below and this one. There is a door on the opposite side of the elevator, suggesting the door below is on the other side of the elevator. She also knows that she can easily control it to go downward. Milli stays up top with Lucille.

Megan rightly finds that time is not on her side for the collection of those weapons up above as Jez jumps below and moves closer, around Lucille, and preps her ropework to repel down through the hole. The drop is only thirty feet, but the headhunter knows she can't land as gracefully as her boss, so she makes her way down more professionally. The headhunter descending right next to Jezebel, Megan can also hear the movement on the other side.

Susan, meanwhile, not wanting to be outdone by her purple-haired leader, tells the others to wait for the go ahead then leaps down. Her landing is far less graceful than that of her leader and as she tries to tumble onto her feet, slams face-first into the wall where the door is making a loud clank as her armor connects. Susan feels a little jarred, dizzy even, as she turns to Jezebel and does a mock salute. Both Jezebel and Megan hear the movement inside stop after Susan's landing. Amber then follows the Doc, adhering to her former orders of watching over the rambunctious doctor, and leaps below. Her landing is far more graceful and quiet than Susan's is, as Susan looks to her side and sees the taller blue haired woman now standing besides her.

Four of the GIRLS are now in a dark, rather cramped elevator shaft before a sealed Elevator door, with Lucille and Milli still up above in the elevator itself.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel:
    Megan:
    Susan: -2 Personal S.D.C.
    Millicent:
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 8 minutes remaining)

Lucy hears a loud clang mere moments after Susan jumped through the elevator hole. "Holy Mummu! What was that?" she blurts out with a startle, turning and looking down the shaft at the team below. She considers her options. "A bit crowded down there GIRLS. Y'all moving on in?" she asks.

Once Jez goes ballistic on the elevator doors: "So I guess that was a yes to the moving on in," she comments to herself. Lucy looks longingly at the elevator control panel, thinking of the graceful decent down, then at the gaping hole in the elevator floor and then back to the elevator control panel. Oh for Gruumsh's sake... swings her legs over the sides, swivels and grabs the ledge, hangs for a moment to pray to Mummu for a soft landing, and lets go.
Combat Actions
Initiative: [dice]3[/dice]
Non-combat actions: Lower all 5'5" of herself as far down the shaft as her lanky arms allow with as much grace as she can muster, drop like a human stone, and then pull herself up the five feet into the presumably now open bottom floor elevator doors.

Actions 1-2 and 4-5: Ensnare these suckers (Range: 200', AoE: 3m, Save: Dodge 16+, 10 PPE/two shots using Susan's TW Snare Gun)
Action 3: Reload (10 PPE)

Otherwise:
If Jez et al. has the situation under control, Lucy will use Telemechanics to scan for security devices or other systems around her (those embedded inside the walls, etc, at a whopping 5ft radius).
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice] Crit Success!
Init: [dice]3[/dice]

Megan internally winces as Susan violently kisses the the outer doors to the elevator shaft, partly from the fact that she knew that likely would have rattled Susan's head, protected as it is by her armor, but also from the lack of stealth the group is employing. If the enemy wasn't aware of them from Jez ripping a hole in the bottom of the elevator car, they do now, if there are any in the hallway. Megan is about to pause to listen for movement outside the elevator door when Jez folds it in half with a punch, making her extremely thankful that her uncle had the foresight to have a Sound Filtration System installed with her Amplified Hearing, as even with normal hearing that noise would have given her a headache. Jez then enters the hallway issuing threats, Megan covering her with her forearm particle blaster, taking careful aim at any enemies, shooting at their weapons first.

Amber then offers to give her a boost up into the hall, so Megan accepts and does a forward roll in before finding something to hide behind as cover and resume covering Jez. If no cover can be found, she will flatten herself against the left wall to provide as a minimized target to hit as possible, keeping her vibro-sword in her right hand to parry any possible attacks.
Megan's Combat Post
Init: 12
Number of Attacks: 6

Attack 1: Boost into Hallway
Attack 2: Find Cover
Attack 3: Aim (if there are enemies with weapons)
Attack 4-5: Called Shot at enemy weapon (if present) [dice]4[/dice] Damage: [dice]5[/dice]
Attack 6: Aim (if there are any more enemies with weapons)

Parry: [dice]6[/dice], [dice]7[/dice], [dice]8[/dice], [dice]9[/dice], [dice]10[/dice], [dice]11[/dice]

Dodges (if attacked with an attack that she can not parry such as energy weapons or grenades): [dice]12[/dice], [dice]13[/dice], [dice]14[/dice] Crit Success!, [dice]15[/dice], [dice]16[/dice], [dice]17[/dice]
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'; Somewhere underneath the Warrens
Time: 12h:10m:30s (30 seconds have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Environmental: About 68*F (20*C) ; Environmentally comfortable, putrid odor.
Sequence: One
Jezebel takes the lead, leaping up and punching the doors open as she lands with an aggressive command, a putrid odor enters the shaft as Jez looks inwardly and spots a cadaver on the left. It takes her a moment to gather her wits, but what Megan immediately notices is a bloodied cadaver on table on the left side of the room. Susan also leaps in, declining Ambers offer as Amber barely notices Lucille hanging from the elevator and letting go. The lantean intercepts her fall and catches Lucy in her arms as the two share an awkward glance post-fall. Amber props Lucy up, then joins her. Milly leaps down and lands just before Amber catches Lucy, and hops up herself.

The sight in the room is abhorrent, with a couple large operating table-types, several computer systems and a bloodied and skinned corpse to the left. Everyone except for Milly, Megan and Susan nearly lose their breakfast, and even Jez can't remember seeing something so horrific done to a sentient being like this. The body, they can assume is Harkin based on security footage gathered earlier, is literally skinned. There also seems to be a large monitor in the back of the room that is active, and another cyborg on a table.

Everyone slowly starts to fan, with Jez taking the lead and the sight of a barrel aimed directly at her is unmistakable as there is a sudden intense burst of light that fills the room. While attempting to dodge, Jez ends up turning directly into the blast. Luckily, her force-field takes the blast, however, Jezebel is left in near shock as she sees the blast wash over the force field before it seems to fizzle out. Amber, Lucy, and Milly all notice Jezebel's shield drop from the single blast. And they, along with Jez, identify the face of the Harkin-Assassin across the room with a long-arm style weapon seeming formed from it's left arm. The skin where the left forearm use to be is shredded.

Jez wastes no time and closes the distance, engaging in close quarters combat with her first strike being parried by the assassin's gun-arm. Jez finds herself nearly bewildered as this cyborg-like fighter seems to be parrying or otherwise absorbing most of her hits. Jezebel lands several solid strikes, and then immediately notices, and thankfully parries, a large blade that seems to form from the assassin's right arm. This assassin fights devoid of response or retort, with each successful strike from Jez tearing more of the false skin off. Jez is able to parry a good number of the strikes, but a couple do land and begin shredding into her trench coat.

Those fanning out from the back level their energy weapons towards the Assassin and Jezebel but have a hard time making any decisive strikes without fear of hitting their leader with the speed at which she, and the group's quarry, is moving. Lucille, however, takes aim with the snare gun and fires twice. The first round is dodged by both Jezebel and the assassin, however the second one successfully ensnares the assassin in the Magic Net.

There is a sudden clapping heard, and everyone sees the Monitor come to life at the other side of the room. No one recognizes the figure except for Lucille, it is the one that no one could identify from the object reading earlier. "Congratulations. You've passed the test. Now, let's talk. No reason we can't be civil, no? I have a job offer for you ladies." It says, sort of slurring the last word beneath its tendrils.
Map
GIRLS Warrens Lab.png
Treat these following posts as Combat Posts with Initiative regardless of your actions. You are not yet out of danger.

What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel: N-F50A Forcefield ruptured and off. Trenchcoat is shredded. Failed HF Check
    Megan:
    Amber: -8 I.S.P., Failed HF Check
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P., -20PPE (or 40 ISP) for two shots from the Snare Gun., Failed HF Check
    Millicent:
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Init: [dice]3[/dice]

This isn't Megan's first time seeing a dismembered body, although that time had been far less surgical, unless an improperly disarmed explosive charge detonating early could be considered surgical. It makes her think of just how close she herself came to death when she had accidentally set off a training demolition charge. The one she had been working on had been specifically set to do less damage, but it was still more than enough to blow an entire arm off and damage her left eye and ears.

Jez gives the command to secure the room, and as she does, Megan notices the creature on the screen and tries to identify it (Lore: D-Bees [dice]4[/dice]/57%, Lore: Demons & Monsters [dice]5[/dice]/62%, Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic [dice]6[/dice]/57%). She then looks around the room and spots the other cyborg on the table, she calls to Susan "Hey Susan, is this one here alive or active?" After that, Megan will continue to secure the room, looking for hidden compartments and generally ensure there are no other ways they can get ambushed other than the elevator shaft. (Detect Ambush [dice]7[/dice]/62%, Detect Concealment [dice]8[/dice]/62%)
Megan's Combat Post
Init: 17
Attacks per Melee: 6

Attack 1: Find the best place to take cover
Attack 2: Take Cover
Attack 3/4: Aimed Shot from Arm Mounted Particle Beam Blaster [dice]9[/dice] Damage [dice]10[/dice]
Attack 5/6: Aimed Shot from Arm Mounted Particle Beam Blaster [dice]11[/dice] Damage [dice]12[/dice]

Parry: [dice]13[/dice], [dice]14[/dice], [dice]15[/dice], [dice]16[/dice], [dice]17[/dice], [dice]18[/dice]

Dodges if faced with an attack that she can't parry such as energy weapons (so long as she is not within arm's reach) [dice]19[/dice], [dice]20[/dice], [dice]21[/dice], [dice]22[/dice], [dice]23[/dice], [dice]24[/dice]
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini Update
Conditions wrote:Unchanged
Sequence: Two
Jezebel ignores the screen as she approaches the pinned cyborg and collapses it's chest on itself, the main chassis crumbling under her Power Touch, she then does the same thing to the sword-arm before turning to face the screen while sneakily tendriling out her hand towards the console. Her attempted merge-hack is met with an immediate shock back that sends a electric wave down her spine as she stiffens and the figure chuckles lightly on the screen, prompting Jez to step back involuntarily amid the shock. "Now, I do." He says simply before looking over the room. "First, let me start with what I can do for you. I can offer you an extreme measure of wealth and access to advanced technologies that'll propel you to the top of the pecking order in Merctown's humble little catalog of mercenary units. Free reign and first dibs on the best contracts in the town." He begins. "All I need from you, is for you to act as my Implementers, my Martinets. You see, I have assets and aspirations but regrettably, I cannot be everywhere. I need skilled, powerful and determined individuals, such as yourselves, to aid me in tasks from time to time."

While Jezebel engages the figure on the screen, Amber and Susan scour the room. Amber is unable to find any threats of immediate note, and is ruefully unable to determine what the figure is. Susan glances over the body of Harkin and notes something immediately distressing, she isn't sure, but she thinks she saw the chest cavity inflate as if the cadaver on the table was actually, in fact, still alive. Her medical knowledge knows that, under normal circumstances, no human being could survive being flayed alive for very long, so it could simply be a surgical attachment causing the inflation. Looking at the figure Jez is now talking too, she also remembers hearing about these types; the supposed shadow owners of Naruni Enterprises, this seems to be a True Naruni. Susan approaches the destroyed cyborg and inspects the head only to find a good part of it literally crumble in her hands from the Power Touch. Megan, meanwhile, is unable to determine what exactly is speaking to them, though it doesn't seem to be a monster. She doesn't find any hidden compartments, and no signs of ambush in the immediate vicinity. Megan does spot a couple indented ceiling tiles in each corner of the room, but they appear solid.

"Should you choose to accept, I am prepared to allow you to keep that unit in the corner as your own personal enforcer to do as you say, when you say it without question. I am quite a generous patron, you will find, and prefer my employees to be happy. Happy employees make for better work, I always say." The Naruni continues on, seeming quite genuine in his explanation.

[Up above]
Analoy

Analoy can tell that the fighting was brief and beyond hearing what sounded like a large *CRACK*, nothing but murmured voices are coming from below; she does recognize Jezebel shout a demand at someone.

Butcher's Bill
Jezebel: -4 Personal S.D.C.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 7 min 30 sec remaining)

Lucy feels her fingers come free and a woosh of air and then, a soft landing? She turns, catching Amber's eye. Oh, well, look whose looking out for little ol' me. She gives Amber a knowing smile. I think she likes me, like really likes me, or at least enough to catch me... Hrm... Puzzlement then passes over Lucy's face from her internal dialogue.

This puzzlement continues as she pulls herself up the elevator shaft, and thus she is unprepared when... What's that smell...? She lifts her head and comes face to face with a fully flayed human body. Oh Mummu what the... Lucy's face goes green and a guttural retching gag croaks from her throat. Thank the higher powers, though, she has little time to contemplate the horrors endured by this poor hominid when a burst of light pulls her attention away and back to the idea of immediate danger. "Oh skator!" she exclaims, raising the snare gun and... wait for it... trigger pull! "Damnit!" Trigger pull!

She looks at the webbed 'borg. "Holy Mummu... I caught 'em!" She turns to her team, beaming.
Underguard wrote:There is a sudden clapping heard, and everyone sees the Monitor come to life at the other side of the room. No one recognizes the figure except for Lucille, it is the one that no one could identify from the object reading earlier. "Congratulations. You've passed the test. Now, let's talk. No reason we can't be civil, no? I have a job offer for you ladies." It says, sort of slurring the last word beneath its tendrils.
Lucy's eyes narrow. I've seen this cowboy before. Need to alert Jez. Looking in Jez's direction, she catches the meaningful eye darts. Roger, she mentally thinks and reaches out with telemechanics into the display, trying to discern where this feed is coming from.

Telemechanics skill expertise [dice]3[/dice] / 80% (to trace the video signal)
Telemechanics skill knowledge [dice]4[/dice] / 88%

When Jez says 'secure the room', she deliberately walks by her and whispers, "That's the one from my psychic vision, the one I was trying to get Cordila to draw. Note the tentacle? Ask to see its sandals!" Noticing a lack of forcefield, she shoots her eyes at the tentacled face on the screen, and then back, says, "Need some new protection?" If Jez indicates in the positive, she casts Armor of Ithan through the snare gun (with much more confidence that she's not just going to web the boss).

Armor of Ithan (40MDC, half dmg from magical fire/lightning/cold, Duration: 4 min, 10 PPE)

Before she walks away to take up her position in the room, she adds anything pertinent she has found from her telemechanic probe and then reminds Jez of her words from before. "That's ni bad guausan - one bad hombre."

Once in position, she keeps her eyes open and alert, but continues to probe for interesting devices and machines in the room.
Combat Actions
Initiative: [dice]5[/dice]
Non-combat actions: Continue to scan for machines and computers around her (those embedded inside the walls, floors, ceilings, etc, again at a whopping 5ft radius).

If the attack is mobile (e.g. some other cyborg or whatnot):
Actions 1-2 and 4-5: Ensnare 'em! (Range: 200', AoE: 3m, Save: Dodge 16+, 10 PPE/two shots using Susan's TW Snare Gun)
Action 3: Reload (10 PPE)

If the attack is stationary (e.g. already webbed cyborg attack or guns emerge from the ceiling - no I am not giving you this idea):
Action 1: Pull her TW Shard Rifle and fire. Strike: [dice]6[/dice] Damage: [dice]7[/dice]
Action 2: Fire TW Shard Rifle. Strike: [dice]8[/dice] Damage: [dice]9[/dice]
Action 3: Fire TW Shard Rifle. Strike: [dice]10[/dice] Damage: [dice]11[/dice]
Action 4: Fire TW Shard Rifle. Strike: [dice]12[/dice] Damage: [dice]13[/dice]
Action 5: Fire TW Shard Rifle. Strike: [dice]14[/dice] Damage: [dice]15[/dice]

Dodges: [dice]16[/dice] [dice]17[/dice] [dice]18[/dice] [dice]19[/dice] [dice]20[/dice]
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update

Unfortunately, Lucille is unable to glean anything of worth from her attempted telemechanics as Susan and Amber pip up and ask a series of pointed questions. The Naruni does not seem phased by Susan's abrupt callout to his species as he begins.

"Ah, no. That husk there was an unwelcomed individual who was attempting to find out information about me. When he failed to answer questions to my satisfaction, I had the unit you have destroyed become him. Crude, I know." He states, and Susan is able to spot what appears to be medical device implanted in his chest that could be the result of the movement she saw.

Continuing, "As for those up stairs, they were starting to ask more questions than they should. The offer I am granting you is much more inclusive than the one they were offered, and should you agree, I can disclose a great deal after we cement the deal." He states. Turning to Amber, he seems to nod in agreement. "Oh, you would not be used as assassin's in that way. I might need you to kill someone, but such is the life of a mercenary. I suppose capturing them alive is also feasible in most situations. I just do not like loose ends." He states, clasping his hands together on the screen and seeming to lean back as he continues. "Jobs; Procurement and Escort of sensitive materials. Security of various laboratory sites. The occasional strong arm mission to quell a rival or threat. Fairly standard by design, for a mercenary unit, I would say. As for rewards;" He pauses, chuckling a bit under his tentacles that make a couple of the girls shudder at the sight of. "My areas of interest do not lie solely in the realm of technology, that is just a large factor. And, with wealth, whatever you could wish could be yours. I would even be keen to provide the means to acquire legendary artifacts for you to keep, once your loyalty is proven with a bit more tenure."

It is then that the GIRLS all see the Naruni look up from Amber as Jez and Susan hear a familiar voice, everyone else hears Analoy as well as she just blurts out her introduction. Analoy is taken aback by the putrid smell and sight of the flayed man on the table almost that it makes her vomit, luckily she hasn't eaten much. The Naruni seems curious, if not obviously unconcerned about Analoy's arrival. He ignores her and turns back to Jez, Susan and Amber.

"I will give you a moment to think on my offer, but be swift. I am aware that the Defenders are privy to this location and our time is limited. You could use your sway to tell them the assassin has been dealt with; bring them the body to prove it." He suggests, and, unlike other stories Susan has heard of regarding the True Naruni, this one appears rather well-spoken and pleasant even forcing her to wonder if the rumors are ill-spoken, if this one is just different or if it is all a facade. Unfortunately it's impossible to tell as this is the first one any of the GIRLS have spoken too. The Naruni seems to lean back and look on the group curiously.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)

As Megan works to ensure the room is clear, she looks to Jez and, making sure Jez makes eye contact with her, gives her a subtle but firm shake of her head, as if to say no, followed by a quick glance up to the creature on the monitor. She doesn't mind taking the time later on after they leave (if they leave), but for now she simply wanted Jez to know what her thoughts in general were on the situation as it stood while not openly expressing them as this creature is obviously not someone to take lightly and want to be on their bad side. Megan only hopes that the shake of her head combined with the glance to the monitor was enough for Jez to suss out what Megan meant by it.

All of a sudden Megan hears footsteps from the corridor above, followed by the disturbance of air in the elevator shaft, which culminates with a female voice asking:
Analoy wrote:"What is going on here?"
Megan's muscles, already taut and ready for action, spin her about as she brings her left arm up to bear. In the space of the few seconds to determine that she held no apparent weapons and Megan was adjusting her aim to fire past her head, the strange woman speaks again, saying:
Analoy wrote:Seeing all the new people obviously on edge, she lifts her empty hands in a peaceful gesture, though neglects to remove her gas mask, as she says, "Hey Boss, sorry to interrupt." Even with the gas mask on its obvious she's looking at Jez and not the thing on the screen. She looks over to Susan and gives the other woman a nod in greeting as she simply says, "Doc."
"Hey boss, Susan, you guys know her?" Megan asks with a wary voice, her body prepared to spring if needed.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 7 min 30 sec remaining)
Underguard wrote:Continuing, "As for those up stairs, they were starting to ask more questions than they should. The offer I am granting you is much more inclusive than the one they were offered, and should you agree, I can disclose a great deal after we cement the deal." He states.
But I like asking questions! Lucy nearly blurts out. She scans the horrors of the room again, now less distracted by immediate thoughts of being gutted by an assassin cyborg. Hrmph. Seems that question-ask'n might just be a bloody and dangerous business around this thing.
Underguard wrote:"My areas of interest do not lie solely in the realm of technology, that is just a large factor. And, with wealth, whatever you could wish could be yours. I would even be keen to provide the means to acquire legendary artifacts for you to keep, once your loyalty is proven with a bit more tenure."
The talk of tech and artifacts gets Lucy's courage up to overcome the vile smell. "What'cha think it means, not 'solely' in tech?" she ponders out loud.

She listens along with the others until the Naruni makes its ask. Uncertain which way Jez is leaning, she throws her two credits in. "Not sure what you're thinking boss, but this guy gives me a icky feeling. Like I said, ni bad guausan - one bad hombre."
Analoy wrote:Seeing all the new people obviously on edge, she lifts her empty hands in a peaceful gesture, though neglects to remove her gas mask, as she says, "Hey Boss, sorry to interrupt." Even with the gas mask on its obvious she's looking at Jez and not the thing on the screen. She looks over to Susan and gives the other woman a nod in greeting as she simply says, "Doc."
Between the flayed body, tentacled screen horror, and busted cyborg, Lucy just isn't prepared for a flight gas-masked female. "Oh, huh? Another team member?" She thinks about all the people she's come across in the past few days. Wow, just how many gals are in this group?! But Lucy does what what she always does, and gives an awkward little wave. "Hi! I'm Lucy!"
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'; Somewhere underneath the Warrens
Time: 12h:15m:30s (~5 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Environmental: About 68*F (20*C) ; Environmentally comfortable, putrid odor.
As Jezebel addresses it first in a language no one else can identify, she can almost see a hint of amusement in his eyes. He leans closer to the video receiver, allowing the monitor, and therefore the rest of the GIRLS to get a closer look at its eyes as it answers her. "Vill du åka hem, lilla? Det kan verkligen ordnas, och det kan jag hjälpa dig med." It answers Jezebel. She isn't sure what is more disturbing, the fact that it knew how to answer her or the fact she might be considering its offer. As she then squares up to the Naruni on the screen, it leans back as she makes her demand. Nodding along as Jez speaks, the Arismal soldier can tell immediately that though her tone would would have soiled a soldier under her command, this creature seems rather unphased as it responds.

"Simple. There is an old associate of mine who has bitten off more than he can chew, and made some powerful enemies in the process. He is hiding in Merctown under a guise. I will gladly go into great detail once the immediate threat of the Defenders has been averted and we reach an accord." He answers, then opens his hands as Jez turns to address her allies. While Jezebel is listening to the others, her eyes trace the room and she is unable to locate anything of worth; though she also notes the four indented tiles in the ceiling, she can't tell what is above them.

The Naruni watches with a keen interest as the different members of the group say their piece, offering a slight shrug when Jez and Susan seek an answer. "Cohorts of the former associate who were attempting to use stolen technology and intellectual property for their own gain. They needed to be dealt with, also as a means to bring said associate out of hiding." He answers, not at all hiding his intentions. Several in the group can hear the slightest of chuckling when Amber makes her pitch on honor, though it is one of more amusement than dismissal.

When Jezebel asks her question regarding games of chance, the Naruni shakes his head. "I prefer Chess; games of strategy. That said, I am not unfamiliar with the concept." He states.

Looking around the room, after fielding the answers for the varied questions of those around, he'll slightly turn his head. "I'm afraid the time for discussion is over. You must decide what you plan to do; do you take my deal or not? You will find I can be quite the generous employer, even helping with your own personal interests; so long as my interests are protected, I do not micromanage my assets. I am not, however, a generous enemy. Do not take this as a threat, but merely a statement. The time to decide is now." The Naruni states, matter of factly. The tone he takes Jezebel has heard before when a commander has given an order and expects no more retort; it's one she has used before as well.
"Do you want to go home, little one? It can really be arranged, and I can help you with that."
What are you doing
Butcher's Bill
  • Jezebel: N-F50A Forcefield ruptured and off. Trenchcoat is shredded. -4 Personal S.D.C.
    Megan:
    Lucille: -10 I.S.P., -20PPE (or 40 ISP) for two shots from the Snare Gun.
    Millicent:
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Conditions: Telemechanics (Duration: 2 min 30 sec remaining)

As it becomes clear that Jez is going to agree to some kind of association with this tentacled Naruni, Lucy shuffles her feet a bit and starts unconsciously biting at her lower lip. She is, however, a trusting soul. She's come this far with Jez and the other GIRLS, and believes the boss to be able to handle any mischief this jerk might throw at them. She firms up bit to give a short nod to Jez. Her expression reads we've got your back.

Not willing to put her guns down just yet, she awaits further instruction from Jez, but hopes desperately that she's ordered out of this horror show of a room soon. I certainly don't want to be the one asked to clean all this up! she gags at the thought.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

GM Mini Update

Jezebel orders Susan and Analoy back up to meet with and deter the Defenders from encroaching on the house. Susan, grabbing the shattered body of the assassin is wisked away by Analoy after failing to jump of the shaft, leaving the rest of the GIRLS inside the small lab.

[Inside]
Jezebel, Amber, Lucille, Megan, Millicent

Lucille shifts uncomfortably as Susan and Analoy take off, with Amber denoting her desire to leave. The Naruni snaps his finger and suddenly, Jez and Lucille see the cyborg that had been previously inactive on the table near them stand and face the large screen. "Unit Eight; this purple haired woman is your new commander. You will follow all orders she says so long as they do not go against my interests or your own self preservation. She can dictate any others, and you will follow their orders. Your primary mission will be their preservation and intermediary communication between them and myself. Confirm you understand and acknowledge the command." The Naruni states. Everyone remaining in the room sees the cyborg swiftly nods its head.

"Orders understood." It then turns to Jezebel, with its hands behind its back as though resting at ease, "Commander. What are your orders?"

The Naruni then looks to Jezebel and the others. "This unit can reach me directly, and I can send messages through it providing a easy line of communication between us. As this location has been compromised, I will be removing it. I'd suggest leaving this area and returning about your business. I am going to provide you with a generous signing bonus for accepting my offer. I will contact you soon with more details and the first mission I need your help with. Unless you have final questions or comments."

[Outside]
Susan and Analoy

Susan and Analoy meet up with the Defenders QRF force as they reach the corner of the houses. Both GIRLS can rightly guess the Defenders were less than a couple minutes from storming the housing block and locating the lab in question. What would've happened had that occurred they can only speculate.

As Susan hands over the shattered cyborg body to Sgt Harrison, she nods, and triggers the radio. "Defenders, Stand Down and lift the lockdown. The target has been neutralized, taking it back to HQ." She says, and will give Susan and Analoy her personal frequency. "Let me know if you need any help. Your group has proven invaluable." And with that, she has one of the Defenders take the cyborg body and they all leave the area as the Lockdown starts lifting.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Headhunter's Find Contraband [dice]3[/dice]/69%
Detect Ambush [dice]4[/dice]/62%
Detect Concealment [dice]5[/dice]/62%
Demolitions [dice]6[/dice]/91%

When Jez confirms that the newcomer is at the very least known to her, and most likely an associate of hers of some sort, Megan visibly relaxes, bending her left arm so the concealed particle beam cannon was no longer pointing at the woman hovering in mid air. She turns her attention back to the conversation between Jez and the ugly octopus face when she thinks Fuck! She's been cornered into a position to work for this fucker!

She catches Jez's eye to give her a look of concern but willingness to follow her lead, then she follows her gaze to the ceiling and inspects each of the tiles in the corner. (Skill rolls above) As she does this, she hears squid face activate the other unit and she takes in a sharp breath as she does a double take. Jez then gives it an order to leave with Lucille, making her both thankful that it's gone and worried for her new squad mate. Jez asks one final question regarding their unwelcome teammate then orders everyone back to the hangar. On the elevator ride back up, Megan will look for a pen or pencil and a scrap of paper on herself and writes down a quick message before handing it off to Jez.
Megan's Note to Jez
You realize that if it can contact us through that thing, then it can and probably will also use it to spy on us without our knowledge. And if it's electronics are as advanced as that other one's is, analog comms are probably going to be the most secure method, even if they are the least convenient.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Final GM Update

[Inside]
Jezebel, Megan, Amber, Lucille, Millicent

The android nods swiftly. "Understood." And then moves to Lucille. "What are your orders?" It asks Lucille, and will, barring any other instruction, simply follow her.

When Jez asks her immediate question to the Naruni, he nods. "Unit Eight, or Eight as I've come to say, is the eighth in the series of androids I have been designing. Fully self aware though completely mechanical in nature; not a cyborg you are used to seeing on your fair little planet. It is not ready for commercial application but so far, the past few models have worked extremely well. The unit you destroyed was Unit Seven. And not to worry, Units One through Six have also been decommissioned. Right now, Eight is one of a kind."

While he speaks, Megan examines the room and notes the slightly indented tiles in the ceiling, unfortunately she cannot tell what may be concealed beneath them. Before Jez and the others bug out, the Naruni raises his finger. "One last thing, GIRLS. A signing bonus for accepting my offer; I do abhor unnecessary violence, so consider it an act of good faith." He says as Unit Eight walks back to Jezebel and extends what appears to be a Universal Credit Chip Card. "I've wired four million to this card for you to do with as you will. You'll find my contracts pay rather well." He finishes, and everyone still there can hear the sound of a well-travelled businessman. Even for a disgusting looking alien, his words are smooth and his tone is relatively polite with a hint of commanding; as though he knew this was how it was going to play out all along.

He then motions for everyone to move along and moments later, power is cut to the monitor and the lab itself goes dark, leaving just a flicker of light from the elevator shaft.

The GIRLS find that the elevator still has power and they can all stand awkwardly in a circle around the hole Jezebel made in it as it carries them up and out. While traveling up, Megan slips a piece of paper and a note to Jezebel while shifting slightly so that the accompanying android cannot see it.

[Outside]
Susan and Analoy

Harrison nods to Susan and the Defenders depart. Susan breaks from Analoy and seeks out Brooks while Analoy returns to the house in question.

Susan finds Brooks with a pistol and cigarette in hand keeping a watchful eye on his surroundings. He spots Susan when she spots him. "Hey, Susan. Saw the Defenders leave. Everything handled? You guys nail that bastard? What happened to Harkin?" He fires off a series of questions as Susan stops him and explains what she knows.

Susan can barely see Brooks' contained anger as she explains, his cigarette falling to the ground and his fingers clenching around the pistol. "You mean to tell me... my friend was fucking flayed alive?!" He says through gritted teeth and looks around as though he didn't want to be seen. "I expect some goddamn good answers when I see you next time. Find me here." He grumbles, giving her his address in the Warrens and storming away towards where Sharee had parked. Susan releases a breathe she didn't realize she'd been holding and reunites with the GIRLS.

Both Analoy and Susan are somewhat surprised to see the very life-like Android accompanying them, willingly. Deciding to hold any further questions until they return to the Hanger, the GIRLS then all set off and make their way to the Hanger.

Continue posting in the Hanger.