Episode 1: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Cordelia

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% [dice]3[/dice]

Cordelia was looking at the HUD display menu and did not really process that there was a shadow until she finished. Everyone else had already reacted to its presence. holy Disney
She has seen Dragons in books enough to know this is bad
"WAAAAAAA!" She screamed out and slumped to her knees in futility and began sobbing.

Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
  • Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:29 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
Yes Virginia, that is a real dragon

Jez moves next to Analoy, who activates one of her tattoos and laughs at the dragon, speaking more to herself than anyone else. Fiona bolts and makes a run for it while Susan checks her HUD but gains no useful information that way. Kat activates her forcefield as the dragon steadily flies forward, leveling out about ten feet off of the ground and Cordelia cries out and crumples to the ground in fear.

Jez asks Analoy if she’s sure about what they are about to do and what that creature is, to which Analoy replies to her that it’s a dragon. Fiona keeps running while Susan hides gets a laser distance reading and calls it out to the group. Kat steadily aims her rifle at the dragon’s head. The dragon roars ”Thieves!” as it flies onward.

Jez and Analoy stay their ground as Fiona keeps running and Susan scans the horizon, firmly believing all this to be one of the other dwarf’s tricks as Kat fires an Ice Pellet from her rifle and hits the dragon square in the forehead. Fiona keeps running as Susan runs for cover behind the Titan Robot. The scales turn white and crack slightly, causing the great beast to roar before he unleashes a gout of superheated flame (25 MD), forcing Kat to successfully dodge out of the way, while Analoy tries and fails to get out of path of the flames..

With that, Jez starts firing her Naruni Double Threat, and her aim is true but the plasma does no damage to the dragon’s hide. Kat comes back up from dodging the dragon’s firey breath and fires the rifle’s particle beam, barely landing a blow and leaving a small wound compared to the dragon’s great size. Fiona keeps running as Susan keeps heading to put the robot vehicle between her and the dragon, who lands and roars ”Plunderers!”.

Jez continues to run and gun as she moves toward her robot vehicle, scoring another hit that does no damage. Fiona keeps running as Susan just reaches the Titan. The dragon lifts a mighty paw and swats it down on Kat, flattening her to the ground (14 MD). Jez is able to shoot the dragon twice more as she runs for her war machine, still dealing no damage, before she climbs and enters the cockpit of the robot vehicle.

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC

Attention!!!
I had mentioned in Hangouts a couple of times and even had Eric post a Poll on said subject concerning James' return to the group (The poll can be found here), I have not gotten much response. We already have half of the group who have said yes, but I want every member of the group to vote in the poll before the next GM post!!! Please and thank you!
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

The searing hot kiss of flame sent Cordelia into reality. She jumps up and runs. She begins searching for cover.
Something not flammable. She can barely see through the tears in her eyes. She cries out to the dragon
Language: Dragonese/Elven 84% [dice]3[/dice] " We come in peace. We mean you no harm!"

Cordelia will run until she finds cover and draw her weapon.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:30 pm
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
No sooner than Jez’s body touches the pilot’s chair in the cockpit of the Titan Robot, her body melds into the controls of the metallic behemoth, becoming one with her war machine. She calls out over the loudspeaker for a ceasefire to the group before engaging the dragon in dialogue. When she mentions Fixer’s name, the dragon takes its paw off of Kat and taps a claw on it’s chin thoughtfully as it’s brows furrow and it mumbles to itself ”Fixer, Fixer. Ah yes, I’ve never personally met him, but I have heard his name a few times before.” When Jez pleads with the dragon over the robot vehicle’s PA system, he seems willing to at least listen.
Jezebel wrote:Jez continues to speak over the loudspeaker. "Okay, before we decide to kill each other, let's make sure there's just cause for such. What do you think is happening here, dragon, and how do you come by that idea?"
”I had been informed by my master, Ilynncryth, that a small band of people are controlling a sizeable force of slaves and have broken into my inner sanctum. I come to investigate and find a small band of people in a field that has obviously been used by a sizeable force of people, most likely slaves…” the dragon says, trailing off at the end of his sentence.
Kat Porter wrote:After Jez's spiel, Kat mutters to herself quietly. "If we robbed a dragon hoard we wouldn't be trying so hard to work for a living. I sure as Hades wouldn't stand around under open air." The City Rat checks her sensors to make sure nobody's trying to escape the area while the GIRLS are distracted.
”Who said that this is where my treasure horde is kept?” the dragon retorts to Kat.

The dragon ignores Analoy’s and Cordelia’s comments. Analoy’s comments are similar (at least to the dragon) to what Kat had said, despite the fact that Analoy didn’t hear Kat’s mutterings, and Cordelia is essentially what Jez had said in a simpler format. All of a sudden, laser blasts from Fiona’s pistol strike the dragon, hitting it four times but doing no discernable damage to it, but the dragon doesn’t even acknowledge the shots. Turning its head back to Jez in the Titan Robot, it says ”If you have nothing more of interest to say to me, then it is clear that I must go kill some intruders. Good day!” The dragon turns toward one of the ventilation shafts and begins walking away.

Butcher's Bill:
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is in awe of the sight before her. The adrenaline is wearing off and her vision is starting to clear. The tears are all gone and she is beginning to think again instead of reacting
Why am I not taking pictures of this dragon
She reaches for her camera to find it melted by the dragon fire.
"What did I ever do to deserve this!"She exclaims in futility. She fumbles with what is left of the camera and finds the memory is still in one piece and not melted.
Not a total loss, but no dragon pictures. Ill have to paint it later.
The sight of a flying magical creature breathing flames on her is not something she will soon forget.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia looks with a grimace at her backpack. It is lightly armored but scorched non the less. She doesnt open it. Best to not look now. She seems to have lost the satchel of explosives she picked up off the dead dwarf somewhere in the run for her life. Probably for the best

Fiona says
Fi thinks as she makes her way over to Cordelia. "Hey are you okay? That was intense." Fiona says with a soft kindness in her voice. "Oh sorry to see your camera got ruined. We should be able to replace it once we're done with our mission." Fiona says as she puts a comforting arm around Cordelia.

"Let's let Jez and Kat talk. I'm not getting any closer to the lizard than I have to." Fiona says, making sure to give Cordelia the impression that the Dragon scares her too.
She looks down at Fiona and smiles. Cordelia is almost a foot taller, But Fiona for her size seems to be not scared at all. Time to get it together
"Thank you. Sorry if I lost it for a minute there. The thought of being incinerated and eaten by ten tons of magic reptile kinda got me. But I swear I'm better now."

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:31 pm
Cordelia’s heart is racing a mile a minute upon seeing the a dragon for the first time, her brain is overloaded with fear at first, but once Jez and Kat start talking to it, she realizes that there is a chance she’ll live to see another day. With all the excitement, she realizes that she needs to be taking pictures of it, but when she goes to grab her camera, she notices that it was affected by the fire. Her emotions are overloaded still, and this is just too much to bear and she begins to cry, thinking of all the pictures she’s already taken and have lost when a stray thought enters her mind that the memory card may still be usable. She feels a small amount of relief at the fact that at least those are still safe.

Kat shouts at Fi to stop shooting before trying to speak with the dragon in it’s own language, and it replies with ”What manner of presumptuous mortal are you to command me to eat the slaves? Just to slight you, I won’t give them the dignity of being eaten by me! And why would I need to use a slave to dig a hole with magic when I could do it faster and more efficiently? And what sort of sacrilegious comment was that about tearing treasure into pieces? I would never do something like that unless it was cursed!”

The dragon now looks to Susan who asks if Ilynncryth is a god, to which it says ”Ilynncryth is a Splugorth, therefore is greater than any mere god! Gods are vain creatures who require the love and worship of mortals for their power whereas the Splugorth are true Cosmic Beings! They are destined to be the true rulers of the Megaverse!”

Jez declares to the dragon that she too serves Ilynncryth, chuffs as it is both amused and unimpressed all at once that such a creature could impress the Splugorth enough it owed her a great debt before solemnly saying ”The debt you owe may be greater than you realize.”

Fiona puts her gun away as she goes over to Cordelia to check on her and calm her down.

Butcher's Bill:
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia has begun to get her composure. A little solidarity helps her bravery. "Thanks Analoy, get this girl power thing going." She pauses and lowers her voice "But seriously, can we trust a dragon. If he serves the Splurgoth, They are bad customers. I have heard of some of the wicked things they do to people. "
Cordelia looks at the Dragon.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:32 pm
When Cordelia asks the question about being able to trust the dragon, it huffs and says "You can trust a dragon as much as you can trust a human, be that as it may!"
Jezebel wrote:"Tell you what, dragon. You go ahead and take this tunnel entrance, we'll find another way in. We'll route out these intruding slavers together. You get the pleasure of getting rid of these trespassers, we get the pleasure of fulfilling our contract and liberating the slaves And to top things off, we'll haul away all their junk for you. Whatcha say?"
The dragon ponders this for a moment until it says "Deal!" and leaps into the air toward the mine entrance, shrinking in size very rapidly until you realize that the dragon is changing it's size to become smaller as it flies away. As it flies into the pit that the mine entrance is in, you see a dwarf being flown around by some unseen force drop strait down into one of the vertical air shafts.

Butcher's Bill:

Because it seems that entering the mines is now imminent, please post your marching order.
Attachments
Mine interior.jpg
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia's jaw drops wide open.
"Did that dragon just turn into a dwarf?" Or was it a dwarf turned into a dragon? She shakes it off.

She then turns to Fiona and translates. "Boss lady just struck a deal with the dragon. He gets the intruders and we get the prisoners. But I think since he just went in we should hurry. He may just kick ass without taking names."
She looks to the other girls for guidance. She knows what Indiana Jones would do but shes more short round at the moment. She tries to psych herself up.Time to do the right thing.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia immediately hops in line behind her bosses. I aint going first She readies her side arm. "lead on boss." She tries to hide her nervousness.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:36 pm
Uncertain as to what should be done next, Cordelia looks around at the others. Fiona and Analoy are both silent while Susan quips up and makes a suggestion regarding the dwarven air warlock that they temporarily had in custody a little while ago before fidgeting around, to which Kat replies. The Titan Robot Vehicle is still and silent as Jez reviews the map and intel they have before speaking over the radio, issuing orders. With that, the group heads for the mine pit where the entrance is located. She parks her towering war machine behind a rocky outcropping on the other side of where the TW Zone Ranger is, kneeling it down so that it is not visible from the mine pit or where the Zone Ranger itself is parked. As Jez leads them down into the mine pit, Kat utters a quiet prayer.

At the entrance to the mine, they line up with Jez in the lead, followed by Cordelia, no doubt wanting a great view point of all of the action while not wanting to be the first target made available. After Cordelia comes Fiona, then Susan, who is then followed by Kat, with Analoy bringing up the rear. Jez goes in as cautiously as she can, and can make out the distinct sounds of screaming coming from somewhere deeper within the mine itself. A group of four humans, three males and one female between the ages of 18 to 45 are carrying a body of a young girl and drop her on the ground next to two other human bodies who are laying in such a way that you can’t make out their general age or gender.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Since I only got input from two people concerning marching order, I tried to place the remaining people as logically as I could from what I guess, and also put Analoy in the back until James is able to post again. The white area in the wall is a tunnel..
Attachments
Mine interior 1.jpg
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia momentarily reels in horror at the sight of the young girl. Keep it together, loosing my composure now wont help this girl She to reassure herself.
"Whats going on down there? Help us to help you. How many people are still down there and which way are they."
She knows whats going on. A dragon is getting his lunch on. She tries to help the people as she tries to also pull helpful intel out of them.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:40 pm
Cordelia calls out to the group of four citizens, trying to get their attention.Jez quietly walks into the mine, not seeing any signs of ambushes, but spots a series of large stones that look like they could be marking possible IED’s. Her suit’s sensors don’t report anything out of the ordinary. She issues commands to the team before cautiously advancing along the eastern series of tracks. Susan stands across the chasm from the four citizens, lowering her rifle and trying to appear as non-threatening as possible, calling out to them through her suits loudspeaker to try and reassure them, estimating that the chasm is about 20 feet wide.

Kat also tries to quietly walk into the mine, but accidentally kicks a large stone, sending it bouncing ahead of the team. Following Jez’s instructions, she moves to the front of the group, arriving at a new hole that connects to the adjacent tunnel. When the people don’t respond to Cordelia, she tries to sound intimidating but really sounds more like she’s itching for a fight, shouting for them to stop. But they neither stop, nor do they even react or acknowledge their presence, so Kat shoots the person in the lead high on the thigh. But since her weapon is a high energy weapon, and plasma at that, the person’s whole leg from the hip down to just above the knee instantly turns to ash while his skin half-way up his lower abdomen and on his other leg blister and char from 3rd degree burns, his clothes catching fire as well.

The man who was shot drops like a rock, silent for a half a heartbeat until the pain overcomes the effects of the mind control at which point he starts screaming in pain, which then startles the other three who were with him, breaking them from the mind control as well, which causes them to start screaming when the see what’s going on and who probably is responsible for it.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Map Closeup 04-10-19.PNG
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is worried that the group is going to attack them when they dont respond. This could get dicey real quick
And then the "warning shot" hits the man closest to them.
Yep dicey
She is trying to keep it together. Her hands are shaking, But her voice is calm and clear.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 80% [dice]3[/dice]
"Let us help you. We mean no harm." She approaches hands up and tries to pacify the screaming group so that Susan can help the now very injured man. "If you can tell us where the others might be. Where your captors are, the dwarves and a Magician. We Just want to help you out of this and to get home" Cordelia repeats herself until the group starts to respond.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia tries to get herself under control. She is still shaking. Until she sees the screaming man run off the end of the ledge.
Oh My God
she stopped entirely for an entire minute. "Yep, Dicey. She starts slowly and cautiously toward the remaining people.
"I'm sorry for your friends. We really are here to help. Can we help you?"

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

The panic stricken people are starting to work on Cordelia's calm. What little she has.
"Christ Doc, cant you calm these A holes down."
She then notices James and his new friend. She stops mid exclamation. Her anxiety fades away as she is truely dumbfounded.
"Doc Susan? Is there a Valkyrie in here?"
Thoughts of Norse mythology scramble through her brain. History: Post-Apocalyptic 75% [dice]3[/dice]

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:43 pm

Kat chambers a new round into her gun and and tries to get them to trust her, but all she’s managed to do is make them trust that she won’t hesitate to shoot. Cordelia tries her best to try and calm them down, which seems to have an effect of them moving toward her a little, until Kat realizes that they are putting Cordelia directly in between them and her. Susan kneels over the body and her fears are confirmed while inspecting the man, he will die without immediate medical attention. She realizes that if she were to use an IRMSS kit, it would give her an additional 30 to 45 minutes to getting him to a medical facility. Trying to distract herself from the reality in front of her, she talks about options on what to do with the other two prisoners. Cordelia asks Susan to calm them down, and that’s all the permission she needs to knock them out with a fast acting sedative. Susan is able to apply it to the first person with no problem, but the other person sees what’s going on and starts to freak out a bit, requiring Susan to wrestle them to the ground in order to administer the sedative, but it also left them bleeding.

James steps through the portal into a dark tunnel lit only by the light from the portal. Jez immediately begins to barrage him with questions to which he does not reply. She also notices a tall figure clad in demonic looking dark armor. She’s seen armor of that style before, although she can’t recall who wears it, but it is a safe bet that people that wear armor like that are the nicest kind of people. Then the portal flashes and an even taller woman than she is, reminiscent of stories of valkyrie in old Norse legends from Earth. Jez tenses for a moment, almost ready to fire her weapon before relaxing just a little bit as she scolds herself for her lack of trigger discipline and an unbidden thought enters her mind that having been around Kat could be partially to blame. The woman standing in front of Jez speaks in a totally foreign language unlike any she had ever heard before, and then switches languages after a momentary pause, but this one she is able to understand, to an extent at least. Valrun, the last person to enter the cave by means of an open rift, is able to see a short (comparatively) man in armor directly in front of her with a slightly taller woman also in armor in front of him pointing a rifle at her, tense at first but relaxes a little bit after a moment. As she tries to ascertain that she is in fact on Earth, or Midgard as she knows it as, she is reminded of the mission she was given to her by her father, to stop the Temporal Raider known as Miiraak from freeing The Shackled Servant, or allowing The Shackled Servant to die. Jez responds to Valrun’s queries to the best of her knowledge before talking on the radio, which James listens in on in one form or another.

As Jez speaks on her radio, the figure clad in demonic armor turns to James and reminds him ”Miiraak must NOT succeed!” before stepping back through the portal and closing it from the other side. Jez has some questions for James before she decides to save them for later and gives him a brief briefing before asking Valrun for help in her own fashion. As Jez does this, James fades from sight.

The map will be posted either tonight or tomorrow, per the Bos

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Map Closeup 05-10-19.PNG
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 60%

Cordelia is just about to become frantic and start screaming with the rescued (sort of) towns folk of Cadiz. Then Dr. Susan lets loose the tranquilizers. She seemed happy to do it. Note to self, Susan may be inclined to steal kidneys and leave you in a tub of ice. Stares at the Dr. as she goes about her merry duties.
Shakes it off and turns to the towns people as the drift off to sedation. "Um, Sorry." she shrugs.
At Susans request she check the coal in the area to see if anything is on fire. She looks around also for anything else that may be laying around or hidden. [dice]3[/dice] Archeology +60% [dice]4[/dice] Find Contraband 57%

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:48 pm
Jez prowls ahead, issuing orders via her radio, then gives Valrun some suggestions on what to do if she sticks with Jez, staying as close to the left wall as possible, she crosses the stream which she follows north until she finds a hole in the rock wall from which it issues from. Coming back downstream, she follows the rockwall until it opens up a bit into a small cave the stream runs past, the water from which occasionally sloshing over the bank of the stream, forming a shallow pool of water. The cave has openings to the northeast and south. Since Jez is keeping the wall to her left side, it will take her into the tunnel that connects to the cave in the northeast, which double backs a couple of times, until eventually the color of the rocks seem to change slightly.

Valrun confidently strides ahead of Jez, being the bait for any would be assailants. But while her eyes scanned for enemies to fight, she fails to notice a trip wire connected to an electrical device festooned with gems. The device emitted a bright light pointed at where Valrun stood for a moment until she disappeared from all sight and sound, after which device sparked several times until it was no more than a blackened hulk of a box. James was working on scouting the other tunnels the ran alongside the one that Jez, finding little of interest other than some vibro-tools. The tunnel he’s in finally meets up with the one Jez is in, and he notices the tripwire, but not in time to warn Valrun.

Susan lays the two prisoners she had to sedate on the ground before checking the IRMSS on the leg of the prisoner who’d been shot. She asks Cordelia to make sure no other chunks of coal have caught fire as she walks to the chasm, looking down it to see if she can see the person who had lost his mind, flipping through her body armor’s optics, she can see a rocky outcropping roughly 53 feet down, according to the laser distancing readout. She’s unable to see anything other than a large boulder on the outcropping at first until she realizes that boulder is actually the man who had jumped because he had shifted slightly for some reason that Susan is inable of discerning and his arm fell from where it laid on his side. Looking again with a doctor’s eye, she’s able to tell that the poor man must have died on impact, judging from the angle of his head and neck. Small relief there. She then realized the body must be experiencing tremors in the muscles. It’s not uncommon for the muscles of a recently deceased person to quiver and tremble for a short while immediately after death. She sits back down next to the victim missing his leg, putting the wall to her back, trying to watch all of the possible ways to come into that chamber while also keeping an eye on her patient, just in case her expertise was needed. Cordelia is about to lose her mind until the good doctor injects sedatives into the prisoners who are freaking out, causing her to become paranoid about the safety of her organs. Apologizing to the unconscious prisoners, she sets about her task of ensuring that the fire had not spread to other chunks of coal. While she was able to find about a dozen and a half fist sized chunks of coal with numerous others of smaller sizes, none were currently on fire. Kat maintains vigilance down the hallway, but nothing comes out of the darkness.
Map Closeup 05-26-19.png

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

"Everything looks cool here Doc. This guy gonna live?" Cordelia speaks quietly
She draws a mental image of this scene in her mind. Maybe I can draw this later for my book
She quietly knees by the sedated patients and pats them down. Maybe one of these people picked something up of interest.
"Susan I might be crazy but this guy smells like barbecue. Am I just imagining that or do you smell it too."
Cordelia checks the towns folk and then returns to looking around the cave area they are in for anything interesting.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia stops and checks her seal on her helmet. She had taken it off after she got dragon fried and maybe it was not sealed. Better safe than sorry. Then Jezebel commands them to follow.
"Roger that boss lady"
She salutes to Susan as she responds and then follows her down the tunnel. Slowly and carefully.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:50 pm
Jez quietly stalks down the western tunnel, making less noise than a prowling house cat. The tunnel has a few prisoners, most of them huddled around connecting tunnels, but there are a few who are propped up against the walls. At first glance they seem to be dead, but on closer examination you can see them breathing, slightly, and in pain. Continuing down the tunnel, she notices each tunnel that connects to the one she’s in is filled with people, most of whom are propped up against the walls. In one chamber, she notices what looks like a bejeweled radar set with some scorch marks on the dish. Turning the corner at the northern end of the tunnel, Jez sees at the western corner two figures walking out of a recent addition, one is a woman far more stunning than even Jez, practically divine in looks, while the other person is very tall and hunched over due to the ceiling of the mines, but looks like they would stand about 8 feet tall fully erect and wearing royal blue robes and a mask on his face. ”I’ve just finished overseeing the mechanic who was among the slaves finish installing fresh treads on the machine, so we can proceed without delay, master.” the woman says to the taller figure, who responds in a raspy and gravelly voice ”It had better, otherwise it will be your life force that will power the machine next! These delays have already cost us precious time and now we have meddlers snooping about. Now I will go speak with our dragon friend to see if I can coax any information out of it.”. The tall robed figure stalks off to the south, out of Jez’s line of view. James sees much of the same that Jez saw with the prisoners as he makes his way through the south tunnel as it gradually turns north. He almost makes it to the northeast corner when he hears the conversation above. By the sounds of the movement, it sounded like the robed figure moved into a chamber that is on the opposite side of the wall to James left.

Cordelia worries about the prisoners welfare when she notices an odd smell. Upon mentioning this to Susan, Susan points out that Cordelia’s armor should be environmentally sealed, causing Cordelia that she had removed her helmet at one point. Checking her suit’s computer, she notices that the air filtration system has a system warning with an error code 110. They hear Jez give them orders over the radio to advance if they are not actively keeping the prisoners alive to advance through the mine. Susan replies over the radio with their situation as Kat takes point, leading the remaining members of the team forward.
Map Closeup 06-05-19.png
What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
Cordelia: -25 MDC[/color]
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

code 110 must have fried something important. That'll teach me to run next time I see a dragon
Cordelia is not panicking so much as just showing anxiety over her situation. She gets in line behind Susan and Kat and draws her weapon and tries to stay quiet.
As they pass the people they meet in the tunnel she scurries up and waves at Kat. She whispers"Should we tell these people to head for the surface."

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] Perception 60%
Initiative: [dice]3[/dice]

Cordelia turns to Dr. Susan, "Well, lets cause a diversion. We should go this way" She points towards the tunnel next to Kat and Jez "And find a corner we can shoot at the bad guy from around." Cordelia is scared out of her wits. Oh yeah be an action hero and right a book about it, Great idea She attempts to drag Susan down the tunnel to a shooting position. Cordelia barely sticks her head out around the corner. She sticks her gun around the rock and begins to shoot in the direction of the bad guy. She shoots then cries and runs back away from the danger.

Action #1:shoots at bad guy [dice]4[/dice] ; [dice]5[/dice]MD
Action #2: shoots at bad guy [dice]6[/dice] ; [dice]7[/dice]MD
Action #3: shoots at bad guy [dice]8[/dice] ; [dice]9[/dice]MD
Action #4: shoots at bad guy [dice]10[/dice] ; [dice]11[/dice]MD
Action #5: cries and moves for cover.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] Perception 60%
Initiative: [dice]3[/dice]

OOOHHH MY GOD. I shot the dragon. Cordelia begins to panic even more than she was. She bolts after Jez toward the tall evil man and away from the dragon. Having the burnt smell of her own barbecued self still in her nostrils, she was compelled to get away from the icon of bad things she remembers from Disney princess movies. Maybe if we stop this dude the dragon wont eat us. She stops just shy of Jez takes cover and blasts away at the which ever bad thing Jezebel finds to shoot at.

Action #1: [dice]4[/dice]+2 to strike shooting the bad person [dice]5[/dice]
Action #2: [dice]6[/dice]+2 to strike shooting the bad person [dice]7[/dice]
Action #3: [dice]8[/dice]+2 to strike shooting the bad person [dice]9[/dice]
Action #4: [dice]10[/dice]+2 to strike shooting the bad person [dice]11[/dice]
Action #5: [dice]12[/dice]+2 to strike shooting the bad person [dice]13[/dice]

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

There's no one here, where did he go?
Cordelia is lost. She looks at Jezebel and shrugs. She starts searching the tunnel when she hears Susan calling for help on the radio. She looks at her bosses for help. She doesn't want to go back near the dragon. She wants to cry. She turns back toward the sound of gunfire and starts, cautiously now, back toward what she fears. I can do this
When she gets to Susan, Cordelia will hug close to the wall like he life depends on it and waves at Susan and motions for the Dr. to point out the bad guys.

Action #1: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf [dice]3[/dice]+2 =damage [dice]4[/dice]
Action #2: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf [dice]5[/dice]+2 =damage [dice]6[/dice]
Action #3: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf [dice]7[/dice]+2 =damage [dice]8[/dice]
Action #4: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf [dice]9[/dice]+2 =damage [dice]10[/dice]
Action #5: falls back to reload.

She then looks at the Dr. to see if it looks like she can free her without getting snared as well.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Initiative [dice]3[/dice] +2

Cordelia sees the magic net come at her in slow motion. She believes this is the end. The shot coming at her is going to send her to kingdom come. She sees the world get dark as tunnel vision zeros her sight to nothing.
Then the net hits her. The world slowly returns. Not pain. She just cant move. She looks at herself and sees the net. She looks at Susan and sees her cutting herself out of the net.
Well... this is great. Loud audible sigh.
She starts fumbling for her knife.

If she manages to find her knife. If she didnt loose it or it hasnt been melted by dragon fire. And if she can cut herself out. Cordelia will be annoyed to the point of temporarily forgetting that she is terribly afraid of being hurt and and will let loose a volley of gunfire at the hawt girl for ensnaring her.

Action #1: Shoots at hawt girl [dice]4[/dice] +2= [dice]5[/dice] damage
Action #2: Shoots at hawt girl [dice]6[/dice] +2= [dice]7[/dice] damage
Action #3: Shoots at hawt girl [dice]8[/dice] +2= [dice]9[/dice] damage
Action #4: Shoots at hawt girl [dice]10[/dice] +2= [dice]11[/dice] damage
Action #5: Shoots at hawt girl [dice]12[/dice] +2= [dice]13[/dice] damage

If she cant get loose shes going to struggle until its hopeless, then give up and snivel.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia struggles to get herself free of the net. She wiggles and squirms until she can get her pocket knife out. She then tries in vain to cut the net, but the blade is not good enough and she starts to dull the blade. She stops momentarily to watch the happenings around her. The crazy net gun lady turns to goo and the dragon gets free and turns to a woman. Cordelia tries to not panic. She is just relieved that Jez cut her free.
"Thank you boss, I would not have been able to get myself out of that." She almost hugs Jez out of relief, but decides against it. She quickly decides to follow her new orders and turns her attention to the prisoners attached to the wall.

She turns to Susan. "Okay Doc. Any idea how to help?"
She replies
"Hey, Cordelia, do you mind keeping an eye out in case the glowing... thing... comes back? I'm going to check on the victims. See if we can help."
"I will cover you if you can help these people" She pulls her pistol out and reloads it for good measure. She examines the prisoners attached to the wall and then scans around the cave for anything harmful or helpful.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
Legion

Post by Legion »

Start of Post Date & Time: Wednesday, February 5th, 3:19 PM
Start of Post Weather: 36 degrees F, you are all underground, so dry and not sunny.

End of Post Date & Time: Thursday, February 6th, 11:02 AM
End of Post Weather: 46 degrees F, light snow flurries and partially sunny.

Stuck In a Hole

Jez's jacket still has a splat of goo on it from the dwarves weird looking gun and it has eaten away some more of the synth-leather (-14 MDC). Soon after it dissipates though, leaving an ugly grease-like stain. Hopefully it'll wash out.

The radar-like device was heavily damaged in the collapse, strangely enough with it's apparent destruction the towns folk seem to be coming out of their zombie like state.

The mining machine is mostly intact, although a large rock landed on the machine's drive motor. The motor shows pretty serious damage now.

As they recover from their stupor, the towns folk begin mingling and it starts to become fairly loud as people shout names around as they begin looking for family and friends. This is punctuated by startled cries and clipped screams of horror at the sight of those folks who have these tentacle things attached to them. It takes some doing, but eventually Susan figures out how best to remove the things and eventually the tentacles all of the survivors have had them removed. In the end, Susan has 42 patients on her hands who are in bad shape. Not dying, just non-ambulatory, so they will need to be carried out. Over the course of two hours, the people manage to get a head count among their own and after much crying and sadness they discover the bodies of 30 of their own.

While the above is going on, Jez and the dragon continue to work on making a suitable exit from the mine. In response to James, Zollassi the dragon smiles in a way that shows she is trying to be understanding and says, "Thank you for the attention and flattery. You are not unattractive and you are at least a little interesting, but right now I have a great deal on my mind.", and with that she continues with her earth moving. Just as the town's people are settling down Jez sees light on the other side of the cave in and soon enough she and Zollassi have a big enough space cleared to allow them to start moving people out of the cave. It takes a bit more work, but they are also able to get the mining machine out as well, though this requires pushing it since they discover the drive motor is indeed broken.

As the pair have been digging their way out, they come across a number of weapons left behind by the dwarves (1 Nuhr Bastard Sword, 2 Nuhr Morning Stars, and 2 Nuhr Musket Pistols). Just as they are finishing up, Jez hears the dragon mutter something about The Chained One but the dragon declines to explain when asked for details.

Once her lair is cleared of guests, Zollassi appears to be in a much better mood. So much so, that she approaches the group saying, "Thank you for your usefulness. It is nice to see that some lesser races still make an effort to curry favor with dragons. Here is a token of my appreciation.", and so she pulls a simple but elegant silver ring set with a round cut ruby and hands it to James. "Should you ever need my assistance, just whisper the name Zollassi the Crimson to it while picturing me as a dragon and I will hear you. I warn you though, it had better be a real emergency and I will only answer this call once!". And with that, the dragon heads back into her mine/cave.

GM Note: To translate, you now have an adult dragon on "speed dial" as BoS put it, but only good for one call...after that it is just a pretty ring.

By the time G.I.R.L.S. and the dragon have dug their way out and have everyone outside and rounded up at the groups vehicles, it is just after 5 PM. The first thing Jez notices is that there two splat marks on her Titan robot and these marks are identical to the one on her jacket (-46 MDC from the Main Body). Others will notice several more of these gooey marks in the area, on trees and on the ground. Becky River comes bounding out of the Salamander to greet the group and tells Jez about a vehicle (one that matches the description of a Zone Ranger Truck) that "Came flying by reeeeeaally fast and this dwarf guy in the back shot something that left those sticky things on your 'bot!".

The young girls excitement is short lived however, as one of the townsfolk steps forward and it is only then the group discovers that Becky's parents are among the dead. The child buries her face in the woman's chest and openly cries. The woman picks the little girl up and carries her over to one of the SUVs to take care of her.

Kat suddenly recalls that Captain Cullen has a medivac unit on standby and in short order she hails him on the Salamander's radio. It takes another an hour, but his team arrives in an NG Skybunker and three GAW Blackhawk helicopters. Susan organizes her patients and soon has them all loaded onto the aircraft, mostly by ordering the medivac staff around.

Among the remaining survivors, there are just enough healthy individuals to pilot the large mess of vehicles (which are a half dozen 5 ton military trucks plus more then 2 dozen off road 4x4 trucks and SUVs) back to Cadiz, although the top convoy speed with so many is only about 30 to 35 mph.

It takes the group about an hour to get everyone loaded up and then another two hours before the group arrives at Cadiz around 8 PM. Lisa Skinner, the town inn keeper, insists that the G.I.R.L.S. stay the night. She gives each of them a room, as well as a good hot meal and all the local ale they can drink.

The next morning the group finds the mining machine hitched to a GAW Hummer (Flex Fuel engine, see jump bikes, +20% to standard range, with a full tank of gas), the later is a gift to the group. The only downside is the paint job...it's metallic lime green. Being the only one who knows how to pilot it, James ends up driving the garish military vehicle. The mining machine has been "fixed" and put into permanent neutral gear.

Half an hour later and the group arrives at Dawson Springs. Captain Cullen is ready with their pay of 350,000 credits. He congratulates them on a job well done and thanks the group for saving the folks of Cadiz. Sullivan Jones decides to tag along with G.I.R.L.S. as they prepare to head back to MercTown using his own vehicle

Home, Home on the Range, Where the Bullets are Flying All Day!

Travel time from Dawson Springs to MercTown is not overly long. The group arrives back home around 11 AM. Now all that is left is to collect your pay from Fixer Jones.

Post to G.I.R.L.S. Hangar & HQ (1a)