Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

Templar Farm
Home & Headquarters of the famous Templar Mercenary Company of Merctown

General description: A three hundred foot long dirt drive leads up to the farmhouse proper. Most of the surrounding edges of the property is covered by trees, but large swaths have been cleared and turned into growing fields for wheat, barley, and hops. The fields are separated with basic barb wire fencing with wooden posts and gates. As a whole the farm is a bit on the small side, sitting on a plot only twenty acres in all, and only fifteen of them are being used for any crops.

Main House: A two story farmhouse that includes a master bedroom on the ground floor, three additional moderately sized bedrooms on the top floor. Also includes small entryway with closet and large communal area that serves as a kitchen and dining room next to a smaller communal area that has a fireplace and several couches and chairs. The house also features a basement with a storm door to access it from the outside. Recent renovations have added an indoor bathroom and running water to it via a new septic system and integrated water pump.
The master bedroom is reserved for the team leader of the Templar while the three other bedrooms are designed to hold two teammates each. The rooms have been furnished with beds, dressers, nightstands, and lockers.
The kitchen has been renovated with newer accoutrements, though it still relies on a wood fueled stove and brick oven. This includes running water from a integrated water pump.

Jaccob’s Place: A small single story house that until recently had acted as a tool shed and storage. This house has two bedrooms, a small kitchen, a bathroom and a larger dining area/living room. The house is linked to the septic system and the water pump.
One of the bedrooms is Jaccob’s while the other has been converted into dormitory style sleeping area with bunk beds and foot lockers to house up to ten farm hands.

Green House: This small greenhouse is made of steel and glass, and is used to grow food during the winter months and herbs during the summer months.

Chicken Coop and Vegetable Garden: A small wood and wire chicken coop resides next to a small vegetable and herb garden that has been reserved for the current chef of the Templar to use and add to as he/she sees fit. All of this is surrounded bat a sturdy wood and metal mesh fence.

Well and Water Pump: A renovated well has both a hand pump and a more modernized commercial water pump attached to it.This pump and well provides all the water the farm uses to operate.

Large Barn: Formerly a horse barn, this building has been renovated to perform a few duties. It acts as a storage place for the crops farmed here. It also acts as a storage place for the farm equipment used here. Finally a third of the building has been converted into a brewing facility, primarily for beer, but other alcohol is able to be produced as well in smaller batches. This includes climate control in at least that portion of the facility.

Hanger: The newest building added to the farm is a hanger-like structure made of mega-damage resistant metal sheeting. Inside the building large enough to house the team’s Behemoth Explorer and a few other robots and vehicles as well. Inside the main hanger is a overhead industrial gantry with necessary catwalks for working on the larger vehicles and robots. The Hanger area has a machine shop and multiple workspaces to perform maintenance on any number of small projects. This building also has three additional rooms that contain a conference room with computer stations and a powerful long range radio, a secured armory with reinforced walls and heavy duty security systems, and finally an office space for the Templar to do important work in.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

Home Sweet Home
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Templar Farm, approximately 1 mile from MercTown.
Date: March 27, 111 PA, 12:40 AM
Weather: 58°,Raining
[ooc=Skills][/ooc]

Jason goes out of his way to introduce the newest members to Jacob, a wizened old black man, who dresses in the rustic style of a farmer. When the group nears his house, the steps off of the front porch with a cup of coffee in hand. ”Welcome back, I hope your job went well.” Jacob says politely. ”Oh I see we have new folks. I’m Jacob, I act as the caretaker for this here farm.” The old man says offering his hand to both Leo and Murdoc. ”Not much has happened since you’ve been gone, the garage is about seventy percent done, ran into some pixies I think, they seem content to shoo off the varmints eating the crops. The stuff for the brewery is just being installed, so that should be up and running in a few weeks.”

To iterate his overview of what is happening, the group can hear the sounds of construction. The group discusses stuff, but in the end not much gets done.

Jason’s call to GAW gets the most basic response, of all can be discussed, feel free to bring Bonaparte in for repairs.

Dhaltuun converses with Jessie. ”I suppose I could tell you stories about Njord, but I’m not certain that’s gonna help you convert someone to the faith, but I suppose it won’t hurt.” She takes a breath before starting. ”Njorð is of the race of Vanir and is the father of Freyr and Freyja. He is the god of the sea. He calms storms, aids ships in distress, and causes favorable winds to blow. As with the other Vanir, Njorð is a fertility god, capable of providing good fortune in the form of safe sea voyages, wealth, and land. When hostages were exchanged at the end of the war between the Æsir and the Vanir, Njorð and his two children came to live in Ásgarð with the Æsir. The mother of Freyr and Freyja was probably Nerthus, Njorð's sister. Æsir disapproval of such practices prevented her from coming to Æsir with the rest of the family. Later, Njorð married a second time. Snorri Sturluson tells the story in Skáldskaparmál.” Jessie pauses for a moment to let the information sink in.

”When Þjazi, the giant who kidnapped Idun, did not return home after giving chase to Idun and her rescuer Loki, Þjazi's daughter Skadi began to worry for his safety. Soon, she realized that he must be dead. Swearing vengeance, she took up her father's arms and traveled to Ásgarð. Heimdall saw her approach and sounded a warning. Several of the gods went out to meet her. Having no wish to prolong the feud, the gods asked if she would accept wergild (gold as payment for her father's death). Skadi said she would settle instead for a husband of her choice from amongst the gods. The gods agreed, provided that Skadi chose her husband by looking only at his feet.” Jessie pauses again.

”Skadi agreed, and Óðin arranged for all the gods to gather. With Skadi's eyes shielded so that she could see only the gods' feet, she made her choice. She chose the most shapely feet, thinking they were Baldr's, the most handsome of the gods. To her horror, the god that stood to meet his bride was not Baldr, but Njorð. His skin was weathered from his long time at sea, and he smelled of salt. The second part of the bargain was for the gods to make Skadi laugh, something she thought they would be unable to do. Óðin called for Loki to make the woman laugh. Loki began to tell a tale of taking a goat to market. He tied one end of a thong to a goat's beard and the other end to his own testicles. The ensuing tug of war caused Skadi to laugh in spite of herself. Óðin decided to please Skadi further. He brought forth two liquid orbs, which Skadi recognized as her dead father's eyes. Óðin threw them up into the sky, where they became two stars. Njorð and Skadi decided to live for part of the year in Skadi's frozen hall in the mountains of Þrymheim, and part of the year in Njorð's hall on the sea at Nóatún. But Njorð didn't like the cold and the howling of the wolves in Þrymheim, while Skadi couldn't tolerate the motion of the sea and the noise of the harbor at Nóatún. They agreed to live apart.” Jessie finishes.

”That’s one of the tales, I’ll see if I can remember any more.” Jessie says.

GM Note; Now is the time to do your shopping, Tinker, and other time consuming projects, I will address them as they come. This has a hard time limit of the end of the Holiday Slowdown. After that we will be moving on with our next adventure. ~Consumer

What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 31% 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [43] = 43

Leo takes a leisurely stroll around the farm, to get a feel for the place. Part of me never thought I'd see a farm again... It looks like there's a lot to do to get it functional. Stopping near the hangar structure, Leo takes it in. This must be the real center of activity for the Templar. Where the Behemoth lives, and, consequently, the rest of us. It's a good structure for it - with workrooms and a machine shop. And where the rest of the farm might be a bit vulnerable to attack the Hangar looks fairly sturdy.

Once he's seen the sights, he heads back inside the hangar to reconnect with the crew.

"Well, folks... I'm gonna head up to this MercTown I've heard so much about. I have a mighty need for a new set of armor, and I wanna see what else they may have on hand. And see if I can send a message to Lone Star, to my family."

Let them know I'm alive.

Leo will head into town with the others, looking to replace his Titan Plate armor.
OOC Comments
Though again - I don't know how much credits he has and I don't want to blow his entire pay on armor if I can avoid it.

Shopping priorities:

Priority One: Armor
Titan Plate EBA (110,000 credits; uncommon availability)
N-F40A Heavy Force Field (90,000 credits; uncommon availability)

He will look for other armors if he doesn't have the funds for one of these - but I don't know what the cost markup is for large beings.

Priority Two: Weapons

NE-RV05 Ripper Vibro-Robot Sword (Silver-coated; 30,000 credits; uncommon availability in MercTown)

NE-101 "Popper" Mercenary Multi-Rifle (75,000 credits; uncommon availability in MercTown) + eclips (a dozen or so; cost ??)
NE-28R Micro-Missile Wrist Launcher (50,000 credits; uncommon availability in MercTown) + ammunition (cost??)

Priority three: Miscellaneous
Wilk's PRC-5 Secure Walkie-Talkie (3,000 credits; common availability) with battery and hands-free accessory (1,200 credits)

Would like a hoverbike, not sure if I can afford one.

Shopping rolls
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% 1d100: [97] = 97 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% 1d100: [74] = 74 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% 1d100: [87] = 87 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% 1d100: [25] = 25 (SUCCESS)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% 1d100: [76] = 76 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [85] = 85 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [73] = 73 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [93] = 93 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [58] = 58 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% 1d100: [96] = 96 (FAIL)
Barter 30% 1d100: [100] = 100 (FAIL)
Barter 30% 1d100: [60] = 60 (FAIL)
Barter 30% 1d100: [27] = 27 (SUCCESS)
Barter 30% 1d100: [92] = 92 (FAIL)
Barter 30% 1d100: [97] = 97 (FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception:1d100 /31%
JIC: 1d20 / 1d100
Initiative: 1d20+1
APM: 6

PPE: 128 at end of post / 136
Manipulate Objects (2+)
Light Healing (6)

Conditions:
Facial Scars GM Note; Yes, you very much have facial scars, PB has been reduced. Also this isn't a condition.


Skills:



Post -
Seeing that Marcella decided to stay, Dhaltuun gives a little shrug. ”That’s ok. I prefer you near me anyway.” He sends love along the link to his familiar. With a small gesture to his bird, she flies over and sits on the headboard of Dhaltuun’s bed.


Dhaltuun looks over at Vlad. ”I am glad you are still here as well, my friend.” He lays back and winces. {i]’okay. Smiling hurts.”[/i] After taking a deep breath, Dhal looks back to Vlad. ”Would you mind getting us a snack? Say a sandwich and beer if you can.’ He turns to Jessire and motions for her to sit on the bed. ”Please have a sit down and tell me anything you can think of.” Seeing Jessie gathering her thoughts, Dhal takes out his notebook and pen to write down what he hears.
Dhaltuun converses with Jessie. ”I suppose I could tell you stories about Njord, but I’m not certain that’s gonna help you convert someone to the faith, but I suppose it won’t hurt.” She takes a breath before starting. ”Njorð is of the race of Vanir and is the father of Freyr and Freyja. He is the god of the sea. He calms storms, aids ships in distress, and causes favorable winds to blow. As with the other Vanir, Njorð is a fertility god, capable of providing good fortune in the form of safe sea voyages, wealth, and land. When hostages were exchanged at the end of the war between the Æsir and the Vanir, Njorð and his two children came to live in Ásgarð with the Æsir. The mother of Freyr and Freyja was probably Nerthus, Njorð's sister. Æsir disapproval of such practices prevented her from coming to Æsir with the rest of the family. Later, Njorð married a second time. Snorri Sturluson tells the story in Skáldskaparmál.” Jessie pauses for a moment to let the information sink in.

”When Þjazi, the giant who kidnapped Idun, did not return home after giving chase to Idun and her rescuer Loki, Þjazi's daughter Skadi began to worry for his safety. Soon, she realized that he must be dead. Swearing vengeance, she took up her father's arms and traveled to Ásgarð. Heimdall saw her approach and sounded a warning. Several of the gods went out to meet her. Having no wish to prolong the feud, the gods asked if she would accept wergild (gold as payment for her father's death). Skadi said she would settle instead for a husband of her choice from amongst the gods. The gods agreed, provided that Skadi chose her husband by looking only at his feet.” Jessie pauses again.

”Skadi agreed, and Óðin arranged for all the gods to gather. With Skadi's eyes shielded so that she could see only the gods' feet, she made her choice. She chose the most shapely feet, thinking they were Baldr's, the most handsome of the gods. To her horror, the god that stood to meet his bride was not Baldr, but Njorð. His skin was weathered from his long time at sea, and he smelled of salt. The second part of the bargain was for the gods to make Skadi laugh, something she thought they would be unable to do. Óðin called for Loki to make the woman laugh. Loki began to tell a tale of taking a goat to market. He tied one end of a thong to a goat's beard and the other end to his own testicles. The ensuing tug of war caused Skadi to laugh in spite of herself. Óðin decided to please Skadi further. He brought forth two liquid orbs, which Skadi recognized as her dead father's eyes. Óðin threw them up into the sky, where they became two stars. Njorð and Skadi decided to live for part of the year in Skadi's frozen hall in the mountains of Þrymheim, and part of the year in Njorð's hall on the sea at Nóatún. But Njorð didn't like the cold and the howling of the wolves in Þrymheim, while Skadi couldn't tolerate the motion of the sea and the noise of the harbor at Nóatún. They agreed to live apart.” Jessie finishes.

”That’s one of the tales, I’ll see if I can remember any more.” Jessie says.

Dhaltuun listens intently as Jessie spins her tale. ”HaHa!! His feet?? That is priceless. Thank you, Jessie. I am gonna write that down. I officially have my first story of Njord. Now to find more.’ Noticing that Vlad brought in lunch while Jessie was talking, Dhal motions for Jessie to join him as he reaches for a plate. He starts some small talk while they eat.

Once they finish their lunch, Dhal hands his plate and mug to Vlad with a soft “Thank You”. He picks up his laptop and opens it. He proceeds to make a list of things he wants to accomplish. After a moment, he realizes Jessie is still there. ”sorry. I am a little groggy still. I am putting together a list of things I want to try to accomplish in the future. Is there anything you want or what to try or learn?? I will add it to my list.” He adds a note about /jessie to his list. Looking back up at her, with a seldom seen softness, ’You may be here as a minion but I appreciate you as a warrior and an advisor. I am honored to have you around. Please speak freely. Always.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [43*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [51] = 51
Also JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 amWhen Rufus shows up, Dhaltuun raises himself to a full sitting position as he accepts the drink. ”Hello, my friend. One second, please.” Dhaltuun closes his computer and casts light healing to help with the pain. ’Magic, better than drugs.” Smiling, he motions for Rufus to sit. ”Wow!! Lets see. To be honest, it felt alot like going to the principal's office back in school. I was told what i was doing was not quite what was asked of me. I am to ask and listen to Jessie as she is to be my guide on this path as well as my protector. I am also directed to convert one non-Templar to Njord. By action or spreading of his word, I must convert at least one person to keep my powers. For this, i need to research Njord as much as i can. Find as many stories or legends as possible. Wanna help/’
Rufus nods and chuckles. “Hopefully she’s more forthcoming for you than she was with me then. I know a little bit about gods, but I’m far from being a strokovnjak -- an expert on them. I was hoping she could shed more light on Njord and his pantheon but I don’t think she cares for me much more than Kilo did.” He rubs his muzzle. “If you’re looking for research help, moj prijatelj, I can’t think of any better place this side of Lazlo than the Guild. They have a library that’s two whole floors of the main building at the Collegiate Arcane. If they can’t help you themselves, I’m sure they know someone who can. I went there looking for notes on growing alchemical or magical ingredients for the farm; I didn’t find much but didn’t have time to do a proper search.” He raises up. “You feeling up for an excursion yet? I can help you with those wounds if you need it, by the way…”

EDIT: If Dhal agrees he'll cast Heal Wounds until Dhal's fully healed.

If Dhaltuun needs some more time (OOC: to accommodate his subsequent posts), he’ll ask him to just hit him up when he’s ready and heads back to his quarters. I probably need to find something to donate to the Guild when I go… he muses to himself as he browses through his belongings until he comes across the scrolls Nakamura gave him after that all-nighter game of Go back at the Celestial Dragon. Pozdravljeni, pozabil sem, da ste bili tam…* he mutters as he pulls out the scrolls and looks them over. Two restoration spells and one healing spell. Any of these would make a good donation… and yet…

He stares at the scrolls on his bed for a while before shrugging his shoulders. Gotovina je, mislim…** He picks each of them up and begins to recite the writing out loud in slow, even, measured tone as he attempts to translate the spells they contain.

Translate Restore Limb spell scroll: EP purchased crit/26%
Translate Stone to Flesh spell scroll: EP purchased crit/26%
Translate Heal Self spell scroll: EP purchased crit/26%


*Hello, I forgot you were there
**Cash it is, I guess
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] /31%
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Facial Scars ??


Skills:



Post -
”Rufus” wrote:He rubs his muzzle. “If you’re looking for research help, moj prijatelj, I can’t think of any better place this side of Lazlo than the Guild. They have a library that’s two whole floors of the main building at the Collegiate Arcane. If they can’t help you themselves, I’m sure they know someone who can. I went there looking for notes on growing alchemical or magical ingredients for the farm; I didn’t find much but didn’t have time to do a proper search.”

Dhaltuun brightens as Rufus Speaks. ”Yes, i will go to the guild. I owe some dues and would like to learn some new spells.” He tries to stand. He manages for a moment, then his head swims and he sits back on the bed. He looks at Rufus, ”Yes, I accept the help with these wounds, then maybe I can manage a trip to the guild.” He relaxes on the bed while Rufus works his magic.

Once Rufus is done, Dhaltuun sleepily says, ”Thank you my friend. I am gonna rest. As you said, i will come get you when i am ready to head out.’ Before giving in to the call of the sandman, ’Vlad!! Can you please help Rufus with his garden project. It would help ue as well with fresh herbs and such.” With that, dhaltuun naps…..Again
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: Perception 1d100: [81] = 81 / 68%
JIC: JIC: 1d20 / 1d100: [4]+[69] = 73 / 1d100: [68] = 68 (Screwed up the rolls)

Jason finishes making the calls for the team's pay and pulls his personal gear from Bonaparte. He carefully transfers the 105mm shells to the armory. hmm... I need to build a reinforced structure away from everything else to start making ammo Thinking about making the shells and not having to be dependent on buying them causes Jason to whistle while he carries the ordinance.

Once he is done, he calls Dhaltuun, Rufus, and Murdoc over. "Ok, boys and girls, its time to get paid. If you aren't busy, I'd like an escort in to town to pick up your credit chits. I would rather not walk around with that much on me. I can radio Leo and get him his pay once we are there. " He lights his cigar and pulls out some notes. "Here's how it breaks down. Expenses and repairs come off the top. Of the remainder, one fifth goes in to the Templar's fund. That is our operating budget and helps pay for things like the new buildings. The rest gets broken down into shares. Murdoc, you joined us at the end of a long mission, so you only get one share, plus a 10,000 sign on bonus for 217,500. Leo was there for about three fourths of the mission, so he gets 3 shares and his sign on bonus, totaling 632,500. Which leaves 830,000 each for Rufus, Dhaltuun, and myself. You can see why I don't want to be walking around alone with that much cash on me. Any questions"

If they agree to the idea, Jason will drop Bonaparte off at GAW on the way in to town and ride with one of the others to the bank. He pays each of the others, then radios Leo to find our where he is. Jason is careful not to say anything over the radio about paying Leo. He will meet Leo and pay him.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Rolls Held


Dhaltuun opens his eyes. Hearing the radio squawk, he reaches for it. ”huh?? Sorry. Was napping.” As the message is repeated, Dhaltunn gets up, slowly. ”on my way. Slowly, but i am coming.” With a look to Marcella, and a hnd pat on his shoulder, Dhaltuun calls his familiar to him and they head out after gathering his gear.

Finding Jason, ”How are we getting to town?? I can portal us home, but not TO the mall.”
While he awaits an answer, he makes a mental list of stuff he wants to look into now that he is rich.


SHOPPING LIST WIP
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] /31%
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Facial Scars ??


Skills:



Post -

Dhaltuun uses his notepad to make a quick list of where he wants to visit while in town. He writes out 3 copies of it while he waits. ’One for each coming with us, as i am not sure where exactly things are, so i may need help.”

Places To Visit
-Collegiate
-NG store
-Somewhere for TW items
-Bigbore Ammo
-Somewhere for forcefield for Marcella
-Place to find shipwright and/or designer
-Trade in buggy and cash for TW buggy


Once done writing in his notepad, Dhaltuun looked around. Seeing nonone approaching, he heads back to the Behemoth. ”Hello??” Waiting a moment for a response, he decided to get his buggy and head into town. Opening the driver door, he motions for Marcella to enter. Once she is on her perch in the passenger area, dhaltuun gets in. Once backed out, he stops just outside the garage and sticks his head out the window. ”LAST CALL!! TEAM DHALTUUN IS HEADIN INTO TOWN. ROLLING OUT IN 15 MINUTES.”

Getting comfy, Dhaltuun prepares to wait. Using his radio, ”:Jessie. I am heading into town, wanna come?” Then it hits him. ”I need samples.” He gets out and jogs back into the behemoth. Heading up to the galley, he grabs a cooler and checks the dino meat. ’Vlad!! Now that we are back, we should get some samples together for the cyclops lady. Can you do that? I am gonna head into town. You want anything?” After getting his response, he heads back out to his buggy. Starting it up. Dhaltuun drives off towards town, with anyone who may want to join him.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

Mini-GM Update

Leo makes his way into town to go shopping.

Rufus sits down for some long overdue reading. Which soon thereafter he has learned three new spells.

Jason goes into town to get the money sorted out for the team.

Dhaltuun also makes his way into town, Jessie in tow.

Note
Money has been handed out to everyone, so feel free to do as you wish, the timeline is gonna be a bit wibblywobbly until I bring the next adventure hook out. Which I will do when I judge you're done mucking about the city. I will try to update quickly for city stuff.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [86] = 86

Murdoc hangs around with Leo as they look over The Farm, "Never really seen a farm. Frak, I grew up in the slums of Los Alamo. Its possible we coulda passed each other back in the day. Where abouts in Lone Star are you from?" He gives the big juicer a smile as they wander around.

When Jason calls them over, Murdoc trots up and listens as the boss explains the payout. When asked for questions, Murdoc says, "Nope. Sounds pretty good actually. Especially if you're paying to get the armor repaired on my PA."

When Jason calls for an escort, Murdoc opts in, saying, "I'm in. I need to head into town and schedule my PA to get repaired, as well as pick up my other gear that's in storage." He gives the boss a little grin. "I was only kitted out for a little scouting mission when you guys found me."

Once in town, Murdoc sets up his Roadrunner for repairs and tags along with Jason until they meet up with Leo. At that point, Murdoc goes shopping with the big guy, if its okay with him, and helps him find what he's looking for. As well as looking for a force field for himself, that he can get installed in the Roadrunner.

Repair the armor on his PA-002G Roadrunner PA
Add a N-40B Heavy Force Field to his Roadrunner PA

Shopping Rolls
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [5] = 5 Pass
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [65] = 65 Pass
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [66] = 66 Pass
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [92] = 92 Fail
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [57] = 57 Pass
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [69] = 69 Fail
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [99] = 99 Fail
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [95] = 95 Fail
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [69] = 69 Fail
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [85] = 85 Fail
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [21] = 21 Pass
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [28] = 28 Pass
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 31% 1d100: [51] = 51

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d100: [12] = 12

Before Leaving
Murdoc wrote:"Never really seen a farm. Frak, I grew up in the slums of Los Alamo. Its possible we coulda passed each other back in the day. Where abouts in Lone Star are you from?"
Leo smiles. "Family farm's up in the northern bit of Lone Star, actually. I been to Los Alamo though. Not too keen on goin' back. Maybe someday I'll be able to show you our place. It's like this one, but... a bit bigger." He begins gesturing. "We got the hosue here, but our barns're back thataway about 500 feet. we got us a garden out back o' the house, and a defensible wall around house, garden an' barn. The pasturesre big,t hough - too big for a wall, so we gotta ride with the herd as they graze, and keep watch. Dad had an old PA he used to do the job, and sometimes I'd go out riding in it with him for the day. He never got 'round to teaching me to pilot it though. Most of the time, sight of it was enough to keep most things away from the herd."

"Our farms were also in a cluster - all the houses more or less in the middle, pastures radiating out. Houses were in the corner of your acreage, see. That way we could mutually defend if need be."

In Town

When he makes rendez-vouz with Jason in Town, he hears how much he earned on the mission, and he smiles widely. "Why thank you kindly, Jason. That's gonna go a long way toward getting my gear situation settled."

with that, he heads to The Northern Gun depot to try to buy new armor.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [83] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [55] = 55
Also JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2

Rufus takes a deep breath as he finishes reading the last of the three scrolls and the inscribed words disappear, leaving nothing but a blank parchment. Well that was a little tiring... but totally worth it, he thinks to himself as he stretches out to keep his joints from going stiff. He goes to the Behemoth's galley for a drink when he hears Jason calling him over.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:05 pm"Ok, boys and girls, its time to get paid. If you aren't busy, I'd like an escort in to town to pick up your credit chits. I would rather not walk around with that much on me. I can radio Leo and get him his pay once we are there. " He lights his cigar and pulls out some notes. "Here's how it breaks down. Expenses and repairs come off the top. Of the remainder, one fifth goes in to the Templar's fund. That is our operating budget and helps pay for things like the new buildings. The rest gets broken down into shares. Murdoc, you joined us at the end of a long mission, so you only get one share, plus a 10,000 sign on bonus for 217,500. Leo was there for about three fourths of the mission, so he gets 3 shares and his sign on bonus, totaling 632,500. Which leaves 830,000 each for Rufus, Dhaltuun, and myself. You can see why I don't want to be walking around alone with that much cash on me. Any questions"
Rufus shakes his head -- partially to shake loose the smell of Jason's cigar without being too obvious. "Sounds totally legitimno to me. Don't worry, moj prijatelj, I'll protect you from any purse-snatchers and muggers we might meet along the way." He laughs and shakes his paws with a over-the-top-ferocious-sounding growl.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:05 am”How are we getting to town?? I can portal us home, but not TO the mall.”
"How about that old APC we had when we went to Denver? Leo might have a bit of trouble getting in, but if Kilo could manage I'm sure he could too." Rufus looks up at Jason. "You can drive that, right?" He shrugs. "It's only about a click or so to town, so we can walk but it'd save us lugging home any loot we might purchase along the way..." He rubs his muzzle. "And I definitely plan to do exactly that," he adds with a grin.

Once the paydays are doled out and everyone goes their separate ways, he'll see if Dhal wants to accompany him to the College/Guild.
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

[rolls held]

Murdoc nods along as Leo describes his home, "Nice setup. Basically like pieces of a pie, with the houses at the center and plenty of room to expand outwards. I can't say the slums were anything like that. Spent most of my time watching the Juicer sports. And betting on them." He gives the big man a grin, "I finally hit a big win and got juiced. Plan was to get rich and famous but it turned out I have no talent . My next option was to go Merc." He smiles and bows with a flourish. And add a little of whatever Thirsty Pete threw in and you have whatever I am now. Which is not quite a borg, maybe.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

(Rolls carried over)
Murdoc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:53 pm "Nice setup. Basically like pieces of a pie, with the houses at the center and plenty of room to expand outwards. I can't say the slums were anything like that. Spent most of my time watching the Juicer sports. And betting on them. I finally hit a big win and got juiced. Plan was to get rich and famous but it turned out I have no talent . My next option was to go Merc."
Leo smiles. "Yeah - I don't guess slums don't get that kind of planning, unfortunately. Our families had set out to farm together, surveyed the area, returned to Los Alamo for the building supplies, and just tackled the thing like a boss, basically. We owed a lot of our survival to their planning. And it worked great....until it didn't."

"After dad died I went down to Los Alamo to become a Juicer - my plan was to do juicer sports - murderball and what have you - make a stack of credits and come home and retire, basically. They convinced me I'd earn more as a titan juicer, and... well... I'm not the smartest guy out there I guess." He chuckles.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 % / 68%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [95] = 95
Rufus wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:31 pm "How about that old APC we had when we went to Denver? Leo might have a bit of trouble getting in, but if Kilo could manage I'm sure he could too." Rufus looks up at Jason. "You can drive that, right?" He shrugs. "It's only about a click or so to town, so we can walk but it'd save us lugging home any loot we might purchase along the way..." He rubs his muzzle. "And I definitely plan to do exactly that," he adds with a grin.
Jason looks at Rufus and thinks for a moment, "How about this. You follow me to GAW in the M113 so I can drop off Bonaparte. Then I will drive it to town so you can do your shopping. I seem to remember you have some skill driving APCs. I'm not sure you'd want to drive it in traffic but from here to GAW you'd be fine. I might check with GAW about picking up a truck or basic wheeled transport for the base. It would save wear and tear on our heavier vehicles for back and forth runs. What do the rest of you think?"

If they approve of the plan to use the M113 to drop off Bonaparte, Jason will load the items recovered from the slavers into it. He tells the others, "My plan is to have this gear appraised. Unless you can think of a reason for us to keep it. They don't appear to be more effective than human weapons, we can't easily repair them, and I really would not want to be caught carrying Spluggorth weapons by the wrong people. I can see keeping them as trophies though. Either way, I'd like to see what they are worth. "
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: [roll]1d100[/roll]
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] [roll]1d100[/roll]

Murdoc gives Leo a crooked grin and says, "Titan's a bit harder to come back from but with bio-systems and bionics, its not impossible. But you gotta do what you want." He gives the big guy a slap on the back. Last call it gonna hit him hard when it comes around and by that point it'll be to late to detox.

"Well, I'm gonna go see if I can get a force field installed on my roadrunner." With that said, Murdoc offers up a cross between a wave and a salute and heads off to the Naruni Store
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A man on our porch.

When folk begin to come back to the farm, everything seems normal save one detail. There is a man in a suit sitting on the front porch. He doesn't seem bothered about waiting, as a matter of fact he seems to be enjoying the time to relax. He is human, roughly six foot in height. He has short brown hair combed back to make it look neat and professional. He seems to have a few minor cybernetics, as an obvious eye is visible. And while he's in a suit, the overall look belies that the man is someone's employee.

When someone approaches him, the man stands up and dusts off his knees. "Hi there I'm Dan Marks, from MercOps. I'm here to speak to your team leader Jason Long." The man says in a polite tone.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [1] = 1 / 68%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [17] = 17

As Jason strolls back onto the farm, he is surprised to see the stranger waiting. He approaches the stranger and greets him warmly.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:38 am "Hi there I'm Dan Marks, from MercOps. I'm here to speak to your team leader Jason Long." The man says in a polite tone.
Jason offers his hand and replies, "Good to meet you, sir. I'm Jason Long. What can we do for you?"
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [64*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [49] = 49

Rufus drives up in the APC (along with Leo, Murdoc, and anyone else wanting a lift) and parks it by the farmhouse. Seeing Jason and the stranger chatting on the porch he saunters up as well. Odd to see a business suit being worn while out on a farm, he says to himself. He's here on business, or I'm a kobold stall-mucker.

If the newcomer takes notice of him he'll nod and shake his hand. "Dober dan tebi, good sir. I'm Rufus. MercOps, you say?"
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch
Jason Long wrote:Jason offers his hand and replies, "Good to meet you, sir. I'm Jason Long. What can we do for you?"
Rufus wrote:"Dober dan tebi, good sir. I'm Rufus. MercOps, you say?"
The man takes both greetings, looking at Rufus. "Yep, MercOps." Before turning back to Jason.

"We have a client who requested your group specifically for a job. I'd like to pitch it to you if at all possible. Do you have somewhere more private than the front porch to talk?" Mr. Marks says.

Once taken somewhere other than the front porch, that's indoors, Mr. Marks will continue.

"We have a very particular delivery. High chance of folks trying to take it, though numbers and composition are unknowns. Our client, a Mr. Ironsides, requested the Templar of MercTown specifically. Apparently he's heard of you before. The package is to be transported from here in MercTown, to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. He's offering five million and a selection of artifacts, his words, for the service. It's not time sensitive as far as I've been told, just imperative that no one gets the package except the client. I can give further details if you agree to the job." Mr. Marks says.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [3] = 3

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [80] = 80
Rufus wrote:"a robot steed would suit you pretty well, moj prijatelj. I hear they have some that even look just like the real thing if you don't like the robot look. If nothing else we could bolt a saddle onto Carny's old chassis and let you use that."
Leo chuckles. "Should I even ask what Carny's old chassis is?"
Rufus wrote:"By the bye, thanks for coming along and toting things for me. I could have managed by myself, of course, but shopping's always better with company. Is there anywhere else you'd like to visit before we head back? Or shall we get back to the APC and call it an afternoon?"
Leo shakes his head, "No problem at all. I didn't have much of anything else to do today, and this got me a little tour of Merctown."

Leo helps load up his and Rufus' gear onto the APC and rides with the crew back to the farm HQ.

When he sees the well-attired gentleman on the porch, his interest is piqued, and he tries to listen in whilst unloading the APC.
Mr. Marks wrote:"We have a very particular delivery. High chance of folks trying to take it, though numbers and composition are unknowns. Our client, a Mr. Ironsides, requested the Templar of MercTown specifically. Apparently he's heard of you before. The package is to be transported from here in MercTown, to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. He's offering five million and a selection of artifacts, his words, for the service. It's not time sensitive as far as I've been told, just imperative that no one gets the package except the client. I can give further details if you agree to the job."
Leo's eyes light up when he hears the words 'Pecos Badlands'. Not the best part of the world to have a job in - but that's damn near home. He speaks up to Jason. "Pecos Badlands are rough, to be sure - lot of bandits down that way - but it's mostly just folk trying to survive. Up north o' there in Lone Star my family has a farmstead."

with that, he completes the job of unloading the APC, and helps with stowing any gear, as well as his own.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [58] = 58 / 68%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [88] = 88

Jason guides Dan Marks to the conference room in the hanger. He offers Marks a seat as the others come in. Jason takes a seat at the head of the table, pulls out a pad, and begins taking notes.
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 am "We have a very particular delivery. High chance of folks trying to take it, though numbers and composition are unknowns. Our client, a Mr. Ironsides, requested the Templar of MercTown specifically. Apparently he's heard of you before. The package is to be transported from here in MercTown, to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. He's offering five million and a selection of artifacts, his words, for the service. It's not time sensitive as far as I've been told, just imperative that no one gets the package except the client. I can give further details if you agree to the job." Mr. Marks says.
Jason's interest is piqued but becomes wary at the offer. He wishes he knew more about the Badlands. Then Leo chimes in,
Leo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 am "Pecos Badlands are rough, to be sure - lot of bandits down that way - but it's mostly just folk trying to survive. Up north o' there in Lone Star my family has a farmstead."

Well one bit of good news.

Jason nods at Leo's comment and turns back to Marks, "Mr. Marks, this does sound like a job the Templar would be interested in taking on. I have many questions though. If you are permitted to tell us, what is the object? What are its dimensions and weight? Is it animate or inanimate? Does it need any special care or conditions? Does it give off any emissions that could possibly be tracked or traced? Who does Mr. Ironsides believe is after the object and why?" Jason pauses to light a cigar and give Marks a chance to speak. He offers Marks a cigar while they discuss the job. While Marks is replying, Jason studies him carefully. Jason watches for changes in inflection, eye movements, posture, and hand motions. Anything that indicates deception or areas where he might want to dig a little deeper.

((Interrogation--97% / 1d100: [34] = 34 % ))
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [57*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [90] = 90
Leo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 amLeo chuckles. "Should I even ask what Carny's old chassis is?"
Rufus smirks. "The main body is a hover vehicle about the same size as the APC with a large ice cream cone on top and a humanoid robot from the waist up at the very front. Carrying a nečist huge cleaver -- because that's what robotic ice cream servers always carry, right?" Anticipating Leo's look of disbelief he laughs and shakes his head. "Wolvenar's my witness, it's true! He tried to puree all of us with it before we managed to force a shutdown and bring it back here so I could give him a clean system reboot and wipe the more... homicidal... elements from his operating system." Rufus' eyes light up as he starts geeking out over the work he did on Carny. "Really, that body of his is absolutely fantastično! It's primarily an advanced bio-processing unit that can take just about any organic material, break it down, and use it to create foodstuffs. Carny used it pretty much exclusively to make ice cream, but I've been toying the the idea of trying to get it to create other foods as well. If nothing else we could use it to open up a new ice cream parlor if we ever get tired of adventuring. Provided Jacob hasn't had it stripped down for parts already."
Jason Long wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:01 pm
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 am "We have a very particular delivery. High chance of folks trying to take it, though numbers and composition are unknowns. Our client, a Mr. Ironsides, requested the Templar of MercTown specifically. Apparently he's heard of you before. The package is to be transported from here in MercTown, to a small village in the Pecos Badlands. He's offering five million and a selection of artifacts, his words, for the service. It's not time sensitive as far as I've been told, just imperative that no one gets the package except the client. I can give further details if you agree to the job." Mr. Marks says.
Leo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 am "Pecos Badlands are rough, to be sure - lot of bandits down that way - but it's mostly just folk trying to survive. Up north o' there in Lone Star my family has a farmstead."


Jason nods at Leo's comment and turns back to Marks, "Mr. Marks, this does sound like a job the Templar would be interested in taking on. I have many questions though. If you are permitted to tell us, what is the object? What are its dimensions and weight? Is it animate or inanimate? Does it need any special care or conditions? Does it give off any emissions that could possibly be tracked or traced? Who does Mr. Ironsides believe is after the object and why?" Jason pauses to light a cigar and give Marks a chance to speak. He offers Marks a cigar while they discuss the job. While Marks is replying, Jason studies him carefully. Jason watches for changes in inflection, eye movements, posture, and hand motions. Anything that indicates deception or areas where he might want to dig a little deeper.
Rufus nods. "Agreed, this sounds like an interesting job." He listens as Jason rattles off his questions. The large payday he's offering says this object is quite valuable -- and valuable objects tend to attract attention when they're being transported. Everything we can find out about this thing on the front end can only help us better keep it safe.

During a pause in the conversation he leans over to Leo. "If we were to wind up close enough to that farmstead of your family's, prijatelj, would you want to visit them? I hear the Pecos region is pretty big, so we may not get anywhere near it and all this would be a porna točka, but something to consider." He shrugs as he turns his attention back to Mr. Marks' debriefing.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch

Mr. Marks follows Jason to the conference room. Taking a seat in one of the chairs.
Jason Long wrote:"Mr. Marks, this does sound like a job the Templar would be interested in taking on. I have many questions though. If you are permitted to tell us, what is the object? What are its dimensions and weight? Is it animate or inanimate? Does it need any special care or conditions? Does it give off any emissions that could possibly be tracked or traced? Who does Mr. Ironsides believe is after the object and why?"
Mister Marks shakes his head. "I wish I could, but the contract states what info I can give, before the job is accepted. Also I don't technically know anything of what you're asking, I have a file I'm to give you if you accept." The man says. Jason can tell the man doesn't really want to be here, though can't really glean a reason why. He can also tell that he feels like he's wasting his own time.

Meanwhile Rufus and Leo talk about things.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [39] = 39 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [7] = 7 [/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [40] = 40 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [5]+1 = 6 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:



Skills:
Cooking 74% / Main Course - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [23] = 23 [/roll]
Cooking 74% / Desert - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [46] = 46 [/roll]
Lore: Faerie 64% / search minion candidate - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [46] = 46 [/roll]
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 74% / search minion candidate - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [83] = 83 [/roll]

Post -
Dhaltuun return to the farm, feeling as though he had productive day overall. ”Okay Marcella, we are home. Time to unpack and see what the others are up to.” He opens both doors letting his bird fly about as he unpacks the buggy.

Once that is done, Dhaltuun heads for the galley. After putting the beer somewhere to cool, he removes his jacket, belts, and gear. Hanging them on a peg, he calls for his sous chef. ”Vlad!! I have returned. Let us cook!” As he prepares a meal for his team, he will use the radio and let them know he is back and in the galley.

Whenever he has a moment to sit, like waiting for something to boil, ,Dhaltuun will use his computer and some books to research all he can about faerie folk. ”Maybe i can find something to team up with Marcella. I need to find a way to protect her. Something like a rider, or at least an airborne partner. Something with protective magics and a good heart.” Otherwise,he will finish up cooking.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 1d100: [90] = 90

Murdoc kicks up a small could of dust as he jogs up to the base at 48 kph. Grinning and not even winded, he arrives in time to see Jason lead Mr. Marks into the hangar.

Wanting to hang over the group funds, Murdoc turns and trots over to the hangar, following Jason inside. Arriving at the conference room while Jason is lighting a cigar, Murdoc says, "Sorry to interrupt Boss but I sold off that unwanted gear." He pulls out a
Secure Universal Card: 150,600 credits (From Splugorth Weapons sale; 2/10/21 ~Consumer)
and slides it across the table to Jason.

He glances over at Mr. Marks, Aw, crap. I walked in on a job offer. Has to be. Looking back to Jason, Murdoc asks, "You want me in on this meeting? Or do I need to get lost?" He hooks a thumb over his shoulder at the door and offers a crooked little grin.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 68%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [98] = 98

As Murdoc walks in, Jason asks him to have a seat. "We are discussing a job offer. The client wishes to hire us to transport a package to a village in the Pecos badlands. It is not time critical, but there may be unnamed persons or groups who would wish to stop us or take the package. The pay is $5 million plus a selection of artifacts. We only get the details if we accept the job. Is that a fair summary Mr. Marks?"

Jason considers their options. MercOps brought this mission specifically to them. That gives it a certain level of validity. If this Mr. Ironsides knows of the Templar, he would know what kind of job we would and would not take. Unfortunately, the Templar are not really in a position to turn down lucrative jobs. Well...unless one of the others has a serious objects. Talk about having little to go on though.

Jason considers for a minute then directs his comments to Marks. "We will tentatively accept the job. Are you to be our contact going forward or is this the end of your involvement? Once we go over the briefing materials I will need to know who to contact to work out the details"
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [28*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [48] = 48

As Mr. Marks is waiting to begin the briefing Rufus will play the gracious host and offer him refreshments, etc., and will do his best to accommodate any requests he might have with whatever supplies the farm has on hand. During the briefing, however, he listens to the MercOps rep give very few details and squirm like a worm on a hook with a raised eyebrow of concern. There are some days where it really just doesn't pay to be a non-psychic who can read minds when you're not looking, he grumbles to himself. He's actually just a little bit surprised when Jason accepts the job on such little information.
Jason Long wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm"We will tentatively accept the job. Are you to be our contact going forward or is this the end of your involvement? Once we go over the briefing materials I will need to know who to contact to work out the details"
Rufus clears his throat. "Oprostite prosim, everyone. I'll be right back." He goes back to his room on board the Behemoth (casting a flight spell to get there as quickly as possible) and returns with his Wilk's PC-2020. "Since we have accepted, might we have the file, please? Or at least the additional information you said you could give once we did? We may have additional questions once you might be able to answer before you leave."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch


Dhaltuun: Cooking (Main Course): You've started dinner, it will take time.
Cooking (Desert): You've started desert, it will take time.
Lore: Faerie (search minion candidate): This is a very vague question, as there are plenty of good candidates for minions of the Faerie species, but there are also many bad ones as well. Downside f Faeries is that almost all of them are notorious tricksters, and fiercely independent, and that will make convincing one to follow you full time a challenge, not impossible, just challenging.
Lore: Magic (search minion candidate): Nothing comes to mind, and again, very vague question.


On the Behemoth

Dhaltuun unpacks and makes his way to the galley on the behemoth, Vlad is sitting there cleaning a counter with a rag.
Dhaltuun wrote:”Vlad!! I have returned. Let us cook!”
Vlad shrugs and steps away from the counter. letting Dhaltuun start whatever dish he is aiming to make. Vlad assists where it's best needed.

In the Hanger Conference Room
Jason Long wrote:"We will tentatively accept the job. Are you to be our contact going forward or is this the end of your involvement? Once we go over the briefing materials I will need to know who to contact to work out the details"
Rufus wrote:"Since we have accepted, might we have the file, please? Or at least the additional information you said you could give once we did? We may have additional questions once you might be able to answer before you leave."
Mr. Marks thinks for a moment. "I suppose that's good enough, I don't think there is any issues with the wording of your acceptance." The man says initially. "Like I just said, I have given you all the information I have personally. All other possible info is in this file." Mr. Marks says before opening his briefcase and pulling a manila envelope and setting it on the table. "This is the sealed information." He finishes.

To anyone who takes a look in the folder, they find a letter and a stub for the MercTown storage system.

Mr. Long.

My name is Brom Ironsides, I doubt my name means anything to you, but let it be known I am aware of your teams reputation. I have an urgent mission for you and your team. I have a package acquired from the haunted ruins of Madhaven, that in the wrong hands will likely cause untold suffering. I would like you and your team to bring the package to me in the Pecos badlands, where I will put the object in a location that no one will be able to acquire it for nefarious purposes. There will be people after the package as it will help them further their nefarious goals. I would expect demonic and/or undead to be likely adversaries. The possibility of further threats is not impossible, but they would be unknowns to me and my sight.

Enclosed you will find a map and a ticket for the retrieval of the item.

In return for you services I have escrowed five million credits with MercOps, and will gift your team with selections from my collection of artifacts. I do hope to see you soon, safe travels and gods speed.

Cordially,
Brom Ironsides


As the team looks at the letter and the map, Mr. Marks sits quietly. Once it seems they are done reading, he speaks up. "The only other piece of information I have is that the money will be transferred to your accounts upon completion of the mission. So unless you've decided to not take the mission I will take my leave."
What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [15] = 15
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [41] = 41

Murdoc nods when Jason accepts the job, and says, "The pay seems in line with the danger. Kinda expected we wouldn't be delivering Grandma's cookie recipe. Anyway, I hail from down that direction. Leo's from there abouts as well." He makes a little hand motion like that could have some baring on the job.

He takes a look at the folder and waits for Mr. Marks to leave before saying, "We should get a look at this item before we actually pick it up. It might be a good idea to repackage it as well. Maybe a heavy duty strongbox that requires multiple keys or thumbprints or whatever to open it." He gives a shrug to this idea and carries on, "We might want to put some thought into our transport as well. Speed might be an issue if we're being pursued."

Murdoc looks over at the others as he weighs out some thoughts, then says, "Demons and undead?" He gives a little chuckle, "I never told you guys about one of my first jobs as a merc. Crazy fricking necromancer was throwing his scraps into a cavern. We had to pass through there and that nasty mess was one big animated mass. Long story short, no one let me forget the incendiary grenades." he wiggles his fingers like they were fire and gives the group a grin. "That reminds me. I saw some weird looking SAMAS in storage. It's beat to hell but I'd like to buy it off the group and get it fixed up. If I can get it done fast, the air power could be useful on this mission."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [17] = 17 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [5] = 5 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [81] = 81 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [15]+1 = 16 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:



Skills:
Cooking 74% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [68] = 68 [/roll] maintain cooking / Main Course
Cooking 74% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [55] = 55 [/roll] maintain cooking / Desert
Lore: Faerie 64% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [94] = 94 [/roll] / search info on Fearie Bots


Post -
Dhaltuun toils away at his chores. As he works, he chats with Vlad. ”I have been trying to think of someone or something I can call to expand our little crew. Any thoughts?” Vlad just shrugs and smiles as he watches Dhaltuun do his thing. He knows that Dhal will figure it out on his own after some talking.

As he stirs and mixes, Dhaltuun lets his mouth run as he thinks. ” Okay, so I have you as my helper in all things, and Jessie for muscle as well as advice. We are low in the tech area. *taps some keys on the computer* My limited skills in researching stuff has come up with a couple of options.” Dhaltuun wipes his hands on a rag and types again. ” First up… Gremlins! After hours of watching videos and reading, I decided HELL NO. I mean the rules are ridiculous. *holds up a finger* 1 - No feeding after midnight!! For real? I mean my best snacking time is 3 am. *holds up second finger* 2 - Don't get them wet. I mean, no bathing? gross. 3 - Don't let them in the light!! So only usable from sunset to midnight on a clear night?? Forget that.`` He closes the info window and opens another. ’ So after thinking about it, I am gonna try to find a faerie bot. These are little TW-type faerie folk, I think. Not much I could find, but with Njord’s blessing, I believe we can find one.” Dhaltuun does a final check on the food. He looks pleased with the meal as he cleans up. ” I believe that a decision is made. After dinner, I will go see if I can find me a new helper.`` He looks over to Vlad. ’ I think I am gonna try to contact one of those faerie bot critters. Thoughts?”

As he listens to Vlad, Dhal finishes up cooking the meal. ” I am glad I found Vlad and he joined up. “ As they chat and work, Dhalltuun will find a moment. ’ Vlad, I am glad you decided to stay with us. You have been an amazing help around here. I appreciate you. Thanks.” He bows his head in respect. Then, trying to hide his emotions, Dhal turns and hits the radio ” Roll-call!! I have dinner in the oven. It is almost ready. Where we eating?? Behemoth, House, or outside??” As he waits for an answer, Vlad and him gather up plates and other needed items for the team dinner.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 68% / 1d100: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [6] = 6
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 am "The only other piece of information I have is that the money will be transferred to your accounts upon completion of the mission. So unless you've decided to not take the mission I will take my leave."
Jason thanks Marks , confirms that the Templar will take the job, and escorts him outside. He then returns to the others.
Murdoc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:53 pm "We should get a look at this item before we actually pick it up. It might be a good idea to repackage it as well. Maybe a heavy duty strongbox that requires multiple keys or thumbprints or whatever to open it." He gives a shrug to this idea and carries on, "We might want to put some thought into our transport as well. Speed might be an issue if we're being pursued."
"I agree that we need to take a look at this package before picking it up. I have some ideas for how to proceed but it depends on how big of an object this thing is. I like the idea of getting a heavy duty strong box sized to store this thing. We can fasten it to the floor or bulkhead in the Behemoth cargo bay or one of the quarters. " Jason grins. "The package won't be in the box though. We will unbolt one of the wall panels, cut a hole in the bulkhead, place the package in the bulkhead, weld the metal back in, and reinstall the panel. If we can find a spot near the reactor, the energy from the reactor may confuse anyone looking for the package. With it concealed and actually behind a welded plate, there is no way for a thief to sneak it out. It will take them too much time and be very noisy. If they do get in, we fight to defend the strong box, to convince them even more that the box is what they are after. And the box will be boobytrapped with a good sized bomb."

Jason lets that sink in for a minute. "Now, we also need to prepare to fight demons and the undead. So, make your lists of ammunition and other supplies we need to seek. Murdoc and Leo, what other threats do we need to consider on the way there?"
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [82] = 82

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41
Rufus wrote: "The main body is a hover vehicle about the same size as the APC with a large ice cream cone on top and a humanoid robot from the waist up at the very front. Carrying a nečist huge cleaver -- because that's what robotic ice cream servers always carry, right? Wolvenar's my witness, it's true! He tried to puree all of us with it before we managed to force a shutdown and bring it back here so I could give him a clean system reboot and wipe the more... homicidal... elements from his operating system. Really, that body of his is absolutely fantastično! It's primarily an advanced bio-processing unit that can take just about any organic material, break it down, and use it to create foodstuffs. Carny used it pretty much exclusively to make ice cream, but I've been toying the the idea of trying to get it to create other foods as well. If nothing else we could use it to open up a new ice cream parlor if we ever get tired of adventuring. Provided Jacob hasn't had it stripped down for parts already."
Leo listens with ever-increasing amusement. "Carny is... a... homicidal... ice cream truck?" He snorts, then laughs in earnest. "Sure... heh heh heh... That'd make me a great mount. I can see it now."
Rufus wrote:"If we were to wind up close enough to that farmstead of your family's, prijatelj, would you want to visit them? I hear the Pecos region is pretty big, so we may not get anywhere near it and all this would be a porna točka, but something to consider."
Leo nods enthusiastically. "I haven't seen any of them since I lit out for my juicer conversion. It's been years. I know I told 'em I was gonna enter juicer sports competitions, so they've probably been watching for any mention of me... but there hasn't been any, so... they might like to know I'm not dead."

"So yeah, if we get close, I'd like to stop in. Hell, even if we don't I stand a better chance of getting them a letter out there than I do here."

I know some of 'em don't think the best of me... like I was abandoning the farm when I left... and... yeah - maybe they have a point. Juicer conversion wasn't the smartest idea, and where I am now... well... there ain't a clear path out. But I gotta see them. And face the music, if there is any.

Leo finishes up, and returns to the conversation about the job.
Murdoc wrote:"Demons and undead? I never told you guys about one of my first jobs as a merc. Crazy fricking necromancer was throwing his scraps into a cavern. We had to pass through there and that nasty mess was one big animated mass. Long story short, no one let me forget the incendiary grenades."
That sounds like bad news, for sure.

"Hey? Murdoc? Don't forget the incendiary grenades." Leo smiles.
Jason wrote:"Murdoc and Leo, what other threats do we need to consider on the way there?"
Leo perks up. "Main thing, is bandits. The whole region is full of 'em. On top o' that you got Tokanii and Simvan and Psi-Stalkers and a whole passel of other threats. But the dynamic's unstable - things I saw 3 years ago ain't gonna be the case today. And today's situation ain't gonna be the case tomorrow. The bandits and others're always fighting over territory, so there ain't borders to speak of. We used to tell folks who had to travel 'Ride fast, an' keep your piece loaded'."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: [roll]1d100<80[/roll]: [96] = 0 [/roll]
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [46] = 46
Leo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:20 amLeo listens with ever-increasing amusement. "Carny is... a... homicidal... ice cream truck?" He snorts, then laughs in earnest. "Sure... heh heh heh... That'd make me a great mount. I can see it now."
Rufus holds up a finger. "WAS a homicidal ice cream truck. WAS. You know how a computer starts acting popačen if you don't shut it down and turn it back on every so often? Well, he hasn't had a reboot in centuries -- I wouldn't be surprised if it was Captain Nemo's men that shut him up in the first place around the time of the Cataclysm. He should be right as rain now though" He shrugs. "Having said that, I'd still prefer to install his A.I. in a regular robot body. Maybe if we could find a surplus Skelebot somewhere? Or one of those Northern Gun labor bots?"
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 am Mr. Marks thinks for a moment. "I suppose that's good enough, I don't think there is any issues with the wording of your acceptance." The man says initially. "Like I just said, I have given you all the information I have personally. All other possible info is in this file." Mr. Marks says before opening his briefcase and pulling a manila envelope and setting it on the table. "This is the sealed information." He finishes.

To anyone who takes a look in the folder, they find a letter and a stub for the MercTown storage system.

Mr. Long.

My name is Brom Ironsides, I doubt my name means anything to you, but let it be known I am aware of your teams reputation. I have an urgent mission for you and your team. I have a package acquired from the haunted ruins of Madhaven, that in the wrong hands will likely cause untold suffering. I would like you and your team to bring the package to me in the Pecos badlands, where I will put the object in a location that no one will be able to acquire it for nefarious purposes. There will be people after the package as it will help them further their nefarious goals. I would expect demonic and/or undead to be likely adversaries. The possibility of further threats is not impossible, but they would be unknowns to me and my sight.

Enclosed you will find a map and a ticket for the retrieval of the item.

In return for you services I have escrowed five million credits with MercOps, and will gift your team with selections from my collection of artifacts. I do hope to see you soon, safe travels and gods speed.

Cordially,
Brom Ironsides


As the team looks at the letter and the map, Mr. Marks sits quietly. Once it seems they are done reading, he speaks up. "The only other piece of information I have is that the money will be transferred to your accounts upon completion of the mission. So unless you've decided to not take the mission I will take my leave."
Rufus's eyebrows (or at least whatever passes for eyebrows on a Kankoran) arch in slight surprise as the contents of the envelope are emptied out and there are no memory sticks, data discs, or anything else digital. Going old school hard copy here, eh? Once he's read over the letter he shrugs. "Well, gospod, you certainly weren't kidding about there not being much information..." He looks up at Jason and nods. Unless MercOps is holding back something crucial for whatever reason.

He listens to Jason's plan as well as Leo's and Murdoc's feedback. "Sounds solid enough. I picked up something that could be of use against vampires, I've got some silver rounds for my light pistol, and I have some spells that could be useful against undead. Plus you and I have our Thunderguns, boss. And when we were raiding the armory we looked to have a good supply of grenades -- though some additional incendiaries couldn't hurt. We should also ask Dhaltuun about his capabilities against the demonic and undead, or at least those of his... do we call them 'minions?' 'Associates?' 'Helpers?' I don't know that I'd want to call that Valkyrie a mere 'minion.'"

And as if on cue, his comms crackle to life.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 am"Roll-call!! I have dinner in the oven. It is almost ready. Where we eating?? Behemoth, House, or outside??"
"Govoriti o hudiču..." Rufus chuckles. "Any further discussion? Or is the subject too heavy to further discuss on an empty stomach?" He turns to Mr. Marks. "You're welcome to join us, if you'd like."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch
Time elapsed since Mister Marks meeting started: 20 minutes (10 more minutes will pass by the end of this post)



Dhaltuun:Cooking (maintain cooking / Main Course): This skill is unnecessary and frivolous.
Cooking (maintain cooking / Desert): This skill is unnecessary and frivolous.
Lore: Faerie (search info on Faerie Bots): Other than their name and their love of machines, you have no idea about these
GM Note: Your computer has no information in it because you've never purchased any programs for it, they sell databases that will allow you to make searches. ~Consumer


On the Behemoth Dhaltuun continues to cook while recounting incorrect information to Vlad about Gremlins. From one of the tables Jessie shakes her head. "I don't think that's real information about gremlins, I'm pretty sure they're vindictive little buggers that find no greater joy than destroying the mechanical works of men. I'm pretty sure the rest of of the Templars wouldn't want one around." Jessie says from across the room, Vlad nods to back her up.

"As for a Faerie Bot, They're certainly not evil or vindictive. Though I am curious as to how you'll convince one to join your quest." Jessie says quizzically. "Because to be honest, your people skills may be the first thing that needs work Dhaltuun, and that is basically directly from Njord himself." Jessie says in a tone, that suggests it's something Dhaltuun should take seriously.

Vlad looks up from what he's dooing. "I met one once in the swamp, they're nice enough, but flighty as hell. Keeping one interested in a conversation was more than a little taxing. They're always off to do the next big thing for them. At least that's my take of the one I met twenty plus years ago." Vlad says as he hops down from the stool he uses to reach the top of the counter, to dump some vegetable scraps in the trash. "What are we making anyways?" Vlad asks, almost absentmindedly.

GM Note: This is partially my fault for not noting how long each post has taken. You're approximately 15-20 minutes into cooking, so unless it's Mac and cheese and hotdogs, you got some time before it's done. ~Consumer

In the Hanger Conference Room

The group rather quickly goes over what they know is going on in the Pecos Badlands. Mr. Marks halfway out of his seat, actually sits back down. "I can give you some current intel on the happening in Lonestar and the general route there, if you'd like?" Mr. Marks says.

Assuming no one has objections. "Pecos Raiders have actually been pretty quiet as of late, apparently Emperor Lasar has made some manner of peace for the moment. That means most of the big gangs are off doing their business in the other western states and closer to the dinosaur swamp. Though I'm certain the smaller bandit groups are still doing what they're known for, they won't be too dangerous for folk like you though. As for the general route there, it will take you through a lot of CS territory, and they seem agitated as of late with the increased demon presence in the area, especially up north out of Calgary. So I would be cautious through their lands, given the heavy non-human population of your team. The Vampires of the south seem agitated as well, likely due to Doc Ried and his peculiar band of misfits, so wild Vampire packs are certainly a known issue. As are the occasional demon/deevil/other supernatural menaces that were unleashed during the Tolkeen war, not saying I've heard anything solid, but they are always a lurking issue. Out of Lonestar itself, CS has been ramping up troop production, so Mutant Animals may be more prevalent down there, but I am assuming they're moving them north to deal with the ruins of Tolkeen and other issues closer to the heart of Chi-Town." Mr. Marks says in a friendly tone, his seeming aloofness gone for a little bit.

"That's all I personally can remember, there may be others in MercOps or the other local Mercenary companies, that could be more specific. I think Warhawk just did a piece on Emperor Lasar last month, so if you haven't seen that issue, maybe check it out. But with that I really must be going, I have other clients to deal with in town. I wish you luck on your endeavors." With that Mr. Marks gets up and makes his way back to his car to head back to MercTown proper, leaving a majority of the members of the Templar alone to plan or whatever else they'd like to do.

What are your intentions?

Unless no one does anything to crazy, dinner will be done next post. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [76] = 76

Murdoc nods to Mr. Marks as the man exits, "Thanks for coming out here with the offer. And the additional info. Drive safe."

Once the man has departed, Murdoc continues, "Good idea on hiding the package Boss. I was just thinking we'd lock it up tight. Anyway, yeah, the CS could be a real pain if we come across them. It might be best if Rufus," he gives the Kankoran a nod, "stays out of sight. Even if he could pass as a dogboy from a distance, he be a rouge and they'd come to poke around. But if any real dogboy gets a sniff of him even that ploy ain't gonna work. Dhaltuun on the other hand we could likely pass off as a human if we had too. Just tell'm that his momma didn't feed him well as a kid and it stunted his growth. It's also why he loves food now. Though the dogboys would be able to sniff him out too. And his, uh, friends might wanna stay outta sight too. 'Cept Jessie, she can sit by me if she wants too." He gives a big grin, A Warrior Woman indeed! Though tied to that Norse god, uh. No matter, she's still amazing to watch, especially in a fight. Best be polite and keep my hands to myself.

Murdoc gives a fractional head shake, "Are we sure we even want to take the Behemoth? It's a big and relatively slow though it would let us pack pretty heavy. Which brings me back around to that damaged SAMAS in storage. I'd like to get it repaired and we could use the air power on this mission."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [97] = 97

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [35] = 35
Rufus wrote:"WAS a homicidal ice cream truck. WAS. You know how a computer starts acting popačen if you don't shut it down and turn it back on every so often? Well, he hasn't had a reboot in centuries -- I wouldn't be surprised if it was Captain Nemo's men that shut him up in the first place around the time of the Cataclysm. He should be right as rain now though. Having said that, I'd still prefer to install his A.I. in a regular robot body. Maybe if we could find a surplus Skelebot somewhere? Or one of those Northern Gun labor bots?"
Leo nods. "The AI can be trusted, you think? Shouldn't be too hard to scare up a robot platform for it. Though repairing robots and AI is a bit out of my wheelhouse." He chuckles. "Never came up in my chore list at the farm, and the sploogs always had the Kittani and other more-trusted servants do their technical work. Not us peasants."

Leo sits and listens to Mr. Marks' description of the Pecos Badlands. The broad strokes line up with his memories, but it's clear a lot has changed since he left the region 3 years prior.
Murdoc wrote:"Are we sure we even want to take the Behemoth? It's a big and relatively slow though it would let us pack pretty heavy. Which brings me back around to that damaged SAMAS in storage. I'd like to get it repaired and we could use the air power on this mission."
Leo's eyes boggle. "Whoa. You guys have a SAMAS? Damn! You better get that up and running for sure! Those things pack a ton of firepower!" He chuckles. "Also, remember I'm basically a local - so if they quiz us on who we are and where we're going I can always tell 'em who I am, and where I'm from, and say I contracted y'all to defend the farm for a couple months."
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [63] = 63
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [1] = 1 | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [73] = 73
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [5]+1 = 6 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:



Skills:



Post -
” Jessie” wrote:From one of the tables Jessie shakes her head. "I don't think that's real information about gremlins, I'm pretty sure they're vindictive little buggers that find no greater joy than destroying the mechanical works of men. I'm pretty sure the rest of the Templars wouldn't want one around." Jessie says from across the room, Vlad nods to back her up.

"As for a Faerie Bot, They're certainly not evil or vindictive. Though I am curious as to how you'll convince one to join your quest." Jessie says quizzically. "Because to be honest, your people skills may be the first thing that needs work Dhaltuun, and that is basically directly from Njord himself," Jessie says in a tone that suggests it's something Dhaltuun should take seriously.

Looking up from his stirring, Dhaltuun is shocked. Sarcastacitlly stating, ” Really? Hehe, I got that crap from some old movies. But now that you mention it, I really do want to look into some research programs. Then I need to find some courses in people skills. I agree that mine needs work. Suggestions are welcome.”
” Vlad” wrote:Vlad looks up from what he's doing. "I met one once in the swamp, they're nice enough but flighty as hell. Keeping one interested in a conversation was more than a little taxing. They're always off to do the next big thing for them. At least that's my take of the one I met twenty plus years ago." Vlad says as he hops down from the stool he uses to reach the top of the counter, to dump some vegetable scraps in the trash. "What are we making anyways?" Vlad asks, almost absentmindedly.


Listening to Vlad, Dhaltuun nods. ’ So I need to improve my social skills so a hyperactive 10-year-old, who likes to tinker can do what I need them to do, long enough to actually finish a task?” He shakes his head. ’ Seems impossible, but challenge accepted.” He looks over at the stove then back to Vlad. ” I am whipping Chessy Tex Mex Chicken with % bean Mexican salad and beer for supper, followed by a peach cobbler. I got the beer for us all. Some dragon’s head for us regular folk and
Slam for the heartier type. "


He proceeds to set the table for the Templars, with room for Jacob. Dhaltuun decides for the group. ” I am setting up outside in front of the main house.” He has Vlad help as he brings out the food and drink. He will sit and enjoy the food with the others. ”So what was with the gentleman on the porch earlier? A job?”

After dinner, He tasks Vlad and any volunteers for cleanup. Dhal then heads to his room and prepares for a couple of hours of reading. Dhal makes sure Marcella is comfortable before pulling out his study aids to beginning to learn the spell, Fleet Feet.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 68% / 1d100: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [46] = 46

OOC Note: Jason did not say anything about hiding the package or the decoy box until after Marks had left.
Murdoc wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 am Murdoc gives a fractional head shake, "Are we sure we even want to take the Behemoth? It's a big and relatively slow though it would let us pack pretty heavy. Which brings me back around to that damaged SAMAS in storage. I'd like to get it repaired and we could use the air power on this mission."
Jason looks thoughtful for a moment, considering Murdoc's question. It is slow, but it's a long trip.... "I think that we do need to take it. From what Marks said, this is not a time critical mission. With as far away as this is, I would rather have the additional supplies the Behemoth can carry. Also, if that area is anywhere near as barren as it is back home, having a secure place to sleep, well off the ground, would be a godsend. " Jason stops, struck by a fragment of a memory. " Possibly a dumb idea, but I seem to recall some types of mages being able to use a magic circle to repel evil beings. Of course that could be memories of comic books or movies when I was a kid... If that sort of thing works, would it possible to make one on the Behemoth to protect it while we travel?" While the magic types consider that idea...
Leo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 am Leo's eyes boggle. "Whoa. You guys have a SAMAS? Damn! You better get that up and running for sure! Those things pack a ton of firepower!" He chuckles. "Also, remember I'm basically a local - so if they quiz us on who we are and where we're going I can always tell 'em who I am, and where I'm from, and say I contracted y'all to defend the farm for a couple months."
Jason smiles at the interest in the old suit, "It's a Violator SAMAS that a merc crew attacked us with a while back. It is heavily damaged. We have had previous team members interested in repairing it but it never seemed to happen. If you want it as a project, go to it! One thing a tanker always appreciates is air support. Leo, that would be a big help since I know nothing of the area. I will suggest that we each, carefully approach any contacts we have regarding up-to-date information. Also, carefully dig into this Brom Ironsides. Only speak with people you can trust to keep quiet and don't discuss our mission with anyone you ask about Ironsides. By the same token, don't mention Ironsides to anyone you ask about the badlands. The story is, as Leo suggested, we are being contracted to defend some locals. The Templar have taken that sort of job before, so it won't look out of the ordinary. Any suggestions? " Unless there are objections, Jason nods to Dhaltuun.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [42*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [33] = 33
Leo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 amLeo nods. "The AI can be trusted, you think? Shouldn't be too hard to scare up a robot platform for it. Though repairing robots and AI is a bit out of my wheelhouse." He chuckles. "Never came up in my chore list at the farm, and the sploogs always had the Kittani and other more-trusted servants do their technical work. Not us peasants."
Rufus shrugs. "Well... I hot-wired it into the Behemoth, so I'd say the theory's sound at least. I'm fairly certain that with a more regular maintenance schedule he'll behave. Though I'm keeping an eye on him just in case he shows sings of reverting to his bad habits."

"As for the repairs, ja, I'm not an expert in the mechanical side of things but I'm fairly good at electronics and computers. Much better than your average spellcaster, anyway..." he adds with a chuckle. "I've been interested in technology as much as magic as far back as I can remember. I originally wanted to study Techno-Wizardry while at Lazlo, but Uncle Cato was insistent that I study a field of spellcasting that was... kako je rekel... 'more respectable and not just a passing fad perpetuated by small minds that couldn't decide which path to follow,' I think was his phrasing?" He shakes his head. "Me, I've never been impressed with the power of magic over tech or vice versa. That's why I try to use both equally well."

-------------------------------------
Consumer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 am"That's all I personally can remember, there may be others in MercOps or the other local Mercenary companies, that could be more specific. I think Warhawk just did a piece on Emperor Lasar last month, so if you haven't seen that issue, maybe check it out. But with that I really must be going, I have other clients to deal with in town. I wish you luck on your endeavors." With that Mr. Marks gets up and makes his way back to his car to head back to MercTown proper, leaving a majority of the members of the Templar alone to plan or whatever else they'd like to do.
Rufus nods. "Najlepša hvala for your time and your information, Gospod Marks. Safe travels to you."
Murdoc wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 am"Good idea on hiding the package Boss. I was just thinking we'd lock it up tight. Anyway, yeah, the CS could be a real pain if we come across them. It might be best if Rufus," he gives the Kankoran a nod, "stays out of sight. Even if he could pass as a dogboy from a distance, he be a rouge and they'd come to poke around. But if any real dogboy gets a sniff of him even that ploy ain't gonna work. Dhaltuun on the other hand we could likely pass off as a human if we had too. Just tell'm that his momma didn't feed him well as a kid and it stunted his growth. It's also why he loves food now. Though the dogboys would be able to sniff him out too. And his, uh, friends might wanna stay outta sight too. 'Cept Jessie, she can sit by me if she wants too." He gives a big grin.
Rufus nods. "Honestly, prijatelj, if a Dog Boy gets close enough to get a good sniff we're already in trouble no matter what I look like... because this. লণ্ঠন আলো!" With a flick of his wrist a glowing ball of light materializes overhead. "Same with Dhal. It would behoove us to avoid Coalition entanglements altogether if at all possible."
Murdoc wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 amMurdoc gives a fractional head shake, "Are we sure we even want to take the Behemoth? It's a big and relatively slow though it would let us pack pretty heavy. Which brings me back around to that damaged SAMAS in storage. I'd like to get it repaired and we could use the air power on this mission."
Jason Long wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:47 pmJason looks thoughtful for a moment, considering Murdoc's question. It is slow, but it's a long trip.... "I think that we do need to take it. From what Marks said, this is not a time critical mission. With as far away as this is, I would rather have the additional supplies the Behemoth can carry. Also, if that area is anywhere near as barren as it is back home, having a secure place to sleep, well off the ground, would be a godsend. " Jason stops, struck by a fragment of a memory. " Possibly a dumb idea, but I seem to recall some types of mages being able to use a magic circle to repel evil beings. Of course that could be memories of comic books or movies when I was a kid... If that sort of thing works, would it possible to make one on the Behemoth to protect it while we travel?" While the magic types consider that idea...
Leo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 am Leo's eyes boggle. "Whoa. You guys have a SAMAS? Damn! You better get that up and running for sure! Those things pack a ton of firepower!" He chuckles. "Also, remember I'm basically a local - so if they quiz us on who we are and where we're going I can always tell 'em who I am, and where I'm from, and say I contracted y'all to defend the farm for a couple months."
Jason smiles at the interest in the old suit, "It's a Violator SAMAS that a merc crew attacked us with a while back. It is heavily damaged. We have had previous team members interested in repairing it but it never seemed to happen. If you want it as a project, go to it! One thing a tanker always appreciates is air support. Leo, that would be a big help since I know nothing of the area. I will suggest that we each, carefully approach any contacts we have regarding up-to-date information. Also, carefully dig into this Brom Ironsides. Only speak with people you can trust to keep quiet and don't discuss our mission with anyone you ask about Ironsides. By the same token, don't mention Ironsides to anyone you ask about the badlands. The story is, as Leo suggested, we are being contracted to defend some locals. The Templar have taken that sort of job before, so it won't look out of the ordinary. Any suggestions? " Unless there are objections, Jason nods to Dhaltuun.
Rufus nods. "Agreed. The Behemoth is slow but it's outfitted to serve as home and base of operations. And if you can fly that SAMAS, moj prijatelj, as far as I'm concerned it's yours. Like I was telling Prijatelj Leo earlier, I'm not as savvy on the mechanical side of things but I'll be happy to give you a hand with the electronics."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch

In the Behemoth
Dhaltuun & Minions
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:” Really? Hehe, I got that crap from some old movies. But now that you mention it, I really do want to look into some research programs. Then I need to find some courses in people skills. I agree that mine needs work. Suggestions are welcome.”



Jessie shakes her head. "I am concerned for your plans. Movies are far from reality. You should take things a bit more seriously, as you're trying to command creatures to do yours and Njord's will. Be thorough, make sure you're right before you act. Assumptions will likely have catastrophic results. So yes, get your research programs, learn what you can, just make sure it's facts versus fantasy." Jessie says, the tone of voice is very much exasperated teacher.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Listening to Vlad, Dhaltuun nods. ’ So I need to improve my social skills so a hyperactive 10-year-old, who likes to tinker can do what I need them to do, long enough to actually finish a task?” He shakes his head. ’ Seems impossible, but challenge accepted.”
Vlad also shakes his head. "I think you need to figure out why you'd need them, and for how long. To level with you, I only really feel a want to stick around because you gave me free reign of the Behemoth, and I was really without a home or purpose for three hundred years. I doubt a Faerie Bot is gonna want to sign on for a lifetime commitment." Vlad says.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He looks over at the stove then back to Vlad. ” I am whipping Chessy Tex Mex Chicken with % bean Mexican salad and beer for supper, followed by a peach cobbler. I got the beer for us all. Some dragon’s head for us regular folk and Slam for the heartier type."
Vlad nods. "Okay, never made it before, but how hard can it be." Vlad says. "What do you mean by heartier folk?" Vlad asks.

Dhaltuun thinks of where to set up and considers setting up outside, but there are not really any extra tables to do so. So he sets up in the Behemoth, as usual.

In the Conference Room
Jason, Rufus, Leo, & Murdoc

The group discusses what's next for a bit, going over some minor details and even trying to formulate a plan. Conversation steers off topic abit about the broken SAMAS in the garage. All in all the conversation dies off as dinner is announced.

In the Behemoth
The Templar & Jacob

The group fully gathers in the Behemoth's dining area, Jacob included.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”So what was with the gentleman on the porch earlier? A job?”
Dinner is a spread of Cheesy Tex Mex Chicken, Five Bean Salad, and Peach Cobbler. A few cases of Dragon's Head Beer are on the counter. The food is good, no issues with taste or preparation.

Jessie and Vlad sit off at a second table, watching the proceedings, as Jacob speaks up.

"So while you were gone, we seemed to get a minor Faerie infestation. They were being their usual trickster selves, but I managed to make a tentative deal with them. All in all it seems to be working out as they're keeping the pest to a minimum. It is costing me a fortune in sugar though." Jacob says with a wizened chuckle between bites of food.

"We should be seeing the first crop yields in a few weeks, nothing record breaking, but should just about break even on costs for production. The construction guys say there may be some delays. Materials are on back order, likely one of the nearby city states is gobbling up stuff in prep for some border war or whatnot, nothing new though." Jacob says in an unconcerned tone.

Oh I think I know a place that could help you with that. In Dockside, there is a place called Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mecha. From what I hear, it's mostly junk, but I hear his repair teams are top notch and work real cheap." The old man says.


GM Note: Now is a great time to hash out your immediate plans, over dinner. Next post I'll wrap this up and start the fast forward for purchase deliveries and repairs outstanding. Also, feel free to go and do your second round of shopping. as the chances for resupply become rarer the farther away from the Magic zone you get. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [53] = 53

Murdoc nods along as the group goes over the benefits of taking the Behemoth and his eyes light up when they basically say the SAMAS is his if he truly can fly the thing.
Rufus wrote:"...And if you can fly that SAMAS, moj prijatelj, as far as I'm concerned it's yours. Like I was telling Prijatelj Leo earlier, I'm not as savvy on the mechanical side of things but I'll be happy to give you a hand with the electronics."
Murdoc lets loose a chuckle, "Thanks but there ain't no way in hell I can fix that thing. My repair skills fall into the replacing the roll of TP or maybe standing a fence back up. Beyond that, I'll just resort to my demo skills." He gives a grin as Jason gives them orders on intell.


When the meeting breaks and they all head to the Behemoth for dinner, Murdoc goes along happily.

Looking down at the spread, Murdoc take a big whiff then looks over to Dhaltuun, "Frak man. This smells great! Its like you knew where we were headed though. You got some little critter lurking around the conference room passing you intell?" He jabs at Dhaltuun with an elbow as he takes a scoop of the chicken. "Ah, King Ranch Chicken. This stuff is the best. Makes me wish I was a juicer again so I could eat the whole frakking pan. Opps, sorry Leo. You want me to save you some?"

Its easy to tell Murdoc is in a good mood and any of his jests are just him trying to being fun. He trails off as he eats, exaggerating the expressions on his face as he takes the first few bites. He continues to eat as Jacob makes his report on the farm. Odd side job for a merc group, running a farm. Murdoc gives a little shrug to himself as he finishes off his first plate and grabs a beer. Sipping on the beer, Murdoc says, "My concern with the speed of the Behemoth isn't about how quick we need to do the mission. It's more of a, how fast any pursuers might be going, type thing. But if I can get that SAMAS repaired, well. I can just deploy in that and shoo any unwanteds away." He gives a wave of his hand as if that is the same as a volley rocket and laser fire.
Jacob wrote:"Oh I think I know a place that could help you with that. In Dockside, there is a place called Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mecha. From what I hear, it's mostly junk, but I hear his repair teams are top notch and work real cheap." The old man says.
Murdoc quirks an eyebrow at Jacob and says, "You don't say? As I was tellin Rufus earlier, I don't have the skill to fix a broken toothpick but I do have funds and an itch to spend them. On the SAMAS at least." As he glances away from Jacob, Murdoc's eye catches sight of Jessie sitting at the kids table and he offer's her a warm smile.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Leo »

Perception 34% 1d100: [75] = 75

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [15] = 15
Jacob wrote:"So while you were gone, we seemed to get a minor Faerie infestation. They were being their usual trickster selves, but I managed to make a tentative deal with them. All in all it seems to be working out as they're keeping the pest to a minimum. It is costing me a fortune in sugar though."
Leo chuckles. "We had one once - mama tried to leave a bowl of milk out for 'em, hoping it'd get 'em to be friendlier with us." He chuckles again, heaping his plate with chicken. "Let's just say not all the old stories are true."
Murdoc wrote: "Thanks but there ain't no way in hell I can fix that thing. My repair skills fall into the replacing the roll of TP or maybe standing a fence back up."
Leo smiles at him. "Hey, I think we went to the same school."
Murdoc wrote:"Ah, King Ranch Chicken. This stuff is the best. Makes me wish I was a juicer again so I could eat the whole frakking pan. Opps, sorry Leo. You want me to save you some?"
Leo outright laughs at this. "Man, I'm not gonna get my feelings hurt over some juicer comments. If you eat all the chicken, however... "
Murdoc wrote:" But if I can get that SAMAS repaired, well. I can just deploy in that and shoo any unwanteds away."
Mouth full, Leo points with his fork. "mgood poinf." He chews and swallows. "we should see if we can't get that sucker flying before we head off. I been practicing my jetpack drills so hopefully I won't be as terrible at it as I was in the swamp, so you won't be flying solo."

Leo eats heartily, glad that he will soon be seeing some familiar territory, and glad for the new friends he's made. I hope we don't run into too much trouble with the CS... As he eats, he goes over his memories of the farm, his mom, his siblings... and his father.

Dad... we couldn't help when you died protecting us... my whole goal was to earn some credits to buy some automated defenses for the farm... and even that didn't amterialize. I hope mom and my siblings are okay... And I hope I get to see 'em. After all this time...
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 570/1070

Titan Plate armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 79/195
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Consumer »

A Man on our Porch

In the Behemoth

The conversation seems to wind down, but all seem to be in agreement, that Murdoc can have the Violator SAMAS in the barn, if he gets it repaired. With dinner winding down and the hour getting later, Jacob pushes his plate away. "I should be off to bed, early morning tomorrow. You know how the farm life is." The old man says to those who definitely do know. Jaccob's departure pretty much seems to end the evening. Vladamir collects the dishes and begins cleaning up, with or without help, thought to any observing, he doesn't seem to mind in the least. Jessie nods to Murdoc, before approaching Dhaltuun. "I'm going to bed, call me if you need me for anything." The Valkyrie says before adjourning to her sleeping place.

The night passes uneventfully, leaving the group to enjoy a fresh new day. Dhaltuun makes breakfast with Vladamir's help, and the team is fueled and ready to go for another day.

If anyone goes looking for Jaccob, he's in the field tending to a part of the irrigation system. Seems the old man has been slowly upgrading various parts of the infrastructure while the team has been away.

Rufus makes known, that he's heading into town for a hour or two, and will be back.

Rufus' trip into town is uneventful, and he arrives at WarHawk Magazine. Normally one would just go to one of the many shops in the city to get a copy, but Rufus figures he might be able to ask a question or two while he's able. Not only does Rufus get a copy of the Emperor Lasar Issue, he is able to speak with the man who interviewed him.

GM Note: Feel free to post a few questions? ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 / 68%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [29] = 29

After finishing off Dhaltuun's breakfast, Jason pours himself a fresh cup of coffee and addresses the rest of the Templar.

"Gentlemen, I have some ideas about how we should prepare for this new job. First, I would like to address security. We know that there are going to be forces coming after this 'package'. Let's try to keep them guessing. I am going to check in with my contacts to see about updated intel on bandit groups, CS forces, and other groups in the area. Our cover story will be that Leo got a request to head back to the area to help against bandits. If any of you have sources you can trust, use the same story if they ask why we are asking about the badlands. It may not help if our enemies already know the Templar have the contract but hopefully that is why Ironsides worked through MercOps instead of contacting us directly. " Jason thinks about the magic and spiritual aspects of the mission and starts to get a headache. Give me a solid physical threat I can scan for and hit with artillery any day He shakes his head and continues. "I would like a couple of you who have magic abilities to go take a look at this package. Find out how big and heavy it is, but also see if you feel anything from it. If possible I need to know if this thing is giving off some energy that can be tracked. If so, I'd like you to do some research on how to shield that energy. We will be able to make more complete plans then. "

Jason waits to hear what the others think and starts making his own checklist, Let's see, check in with Tennessee Jack, order supplies for making 105 shells and incendiaries, order incendiaries...what else. Pick up more cigars and lighter fluid. I wonder if Karla has any new blends.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [29] = 29
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [37] = 37

Murdoc nods to Jason then turns to Leo, Best start playing this up from the start so I don't slip by accident, he furrows his brows and says, "Frak man, you should have said something sooner. No matter, when we get back there those bandits won't know what hit'em."

He gives a little grin then turns back to Jason, "First thing for me is getting that SAMAS in for repairs. Hopefully Discount Dan's can get it fixed up in time. After that, I just need to do some regular shopping and can help out with whatever else needs to be done. Do we have a time frame yet on when we want to head out?"
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [22*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [98] = 98
Murdoc wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:26 amMurdoc lets loose a chuckle, "Thanks but there ain't no way in hell I can fix that thing. My repair skills fall into the replacing the roll of TP or maybe standing a fence back up. Beyond that, I'll just resort to my demo skills." He gives a grin as Jason gives them orders on intell.
Leo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pmLeo smiles at him. "Hey, I think we went to the same school."
Rufus lets loose a laugh. "Then if I should find out either of you've used up the last of the roll in the Behemoth's latrine and not replaced it, then I'll cast upon you a spell I've been saving for a... special occasion." His eyes narrow as an almost-evil grin spreads across his muzzle. "The Nekromantični Izbruh Urina. I've never cast it myself, but when Uncle Cato taught it to me he swore it'll shrink one's smallclothes by at least half the original size." After a few moments of almost over-the-top evil-style hamming it up, however, he shakes his head and breaks down with laughter. "Sorry, moji prijatelji. I'm not good at playing 'evil mage' -- at least it's pretty clear I'll never drift over to the Dark Side."

He says little during dinner except to compliment Dhal and his 'associates' on the quality of the meal and to chuckle at Jacob's report of the Great Faerie Truce of MercTown. "We're grateful for all your hard work, Gospod Jacob. Running a farm may not be as flashy like piloting a bot or harnessing a ley line, but it's no less important. Hvala vam." He starts thinking about what he knows about faeries and if he has any ideas on how to win them over he'll pass them along.

((Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100<72: [3*] = 1 ))
Leo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm
Murdoc wrote:" But if I can get that SAMAS repaired, well. I can just deploy in that and shoo any unwanteds away."
Mouth full, Leo points with his fork. "mgood poinf." He chews and swallows. "we should see if we can't get that sucker flying before we head off. I been practicing my jetpack drills so hopefully I won't be as terrible at it as I was in the swamp, so you won't be flying solo."
Rufus nods. "Sounds like a good idea, especially if there's no time crunch on the delivery. The more air support we can get the better. I can only cast so many flight spells on everyone..." he adds between bites.

The next morning he gets himself a good helping of Dhal's breakfast and a hot cup of coffee and is about to head out when Jason speaks up.
Jason Long wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:29 pm"Gentlemen, I have some ideas about how we should prepare for this new job. First, I would like to address security. We know that there are going to be forces coming after this 'package'. Let's try to keep them guessing. I am going to check in with my contacts to see about updated intel on bandit groups, CS forces, and other groups in the area. Our cover story will be that Leo got a request to head back to the area to help against bandits. If any of you have sources you can trust, use the same story if they ask why we are asking about the badlands. It may not help if our enemies already know the Templar have the contract but hopefully that is why Ironsides worked through MercOps instead of contacting us directly. "
"Sounds reasonable..." Rufus polishes off his coffee. "I was about to head over to the Warhawk Magazine office to get a copy of that issue with Emperor Lasar that Marks mentioned yesterday. Figured there might be some useful information on his bandits in there."
Jason Long wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:29 pm"I would like a couple of you who have magic abilities to go take a look at this package. Find out how big and heavy it is, but also see if you feel anything from it. If possible I need to know if this thing is giving off some energy that can be tracked. If so, I'd like you to do some research on how to shield that energy. We will be able to make more complete plans then. "
"Okay, I'll give you a shout over the radio when I'm done at the magazine office and I'll meet you at the locker. Hopefully it's not something as large as a Tri-Tops frozen in ice or anything like that." With that, he heads into town to the publishers.

Rufus' Trip to Warhawk
Rufus' trip into town is uneventful, and he arrives at WarHawk Magazine. Normally one would just go to one of the many shops in the city to get a copy, but Rufus figures he might be able to ask a question or two while he's able. Not only does Rufus get a copy of the Emperor Lasar Issue, he is able to speak with the man who interviewed him.
Rufus introduces himself and tries to make a favorable impression on the interviewer -- even asking him to autograph the issue.
Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [40] = 0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [6*] = 1

Along the way he asks the following questions (hopefully they're not in the article, those that are he'll be content to read):
- Does Lasar's bandits have any areas in particular they like to hit and/or patrol?
- Do they have any preferred type(s) of targets? (weapons caravans, other raiders, CS patrols, etc.) And do they have a particular size of target/caravan they prefer to target (as in, how small is 'too small to bother with')?
- Do they have any known 'blood feuds' with other known bandit groups in the area? If so, would they likely come to someone's assistance if those groups were attacking them?
- Do they have any tendencies to act as protectors to villagers/farmers living on their 'turf?'
- Are there any towns/cities in particular where his bandits like to 'lay low' or enjoy 'down time' when not out raiding?
- Any ideas if they could be 'friendly' (or at least non-hostile) to a small group clearly not part of a large caravan or patrol?

If asked, he'll give the cover story about Leo's family's call for help add that he'd really just like to know as much as he can about the bandits they'd likely encounter along the way/once they get there.
Once he leaves their office, he gives Jason a call on the radio and makes arrangements to rendezvous with him at the storage locker where the 'package' is stored.
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%= 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [57] = 57

In the morning, Murdoc eats a relatively light breakfast after eating a little too much the night before. "Good job as usual Dhaltuun, Vladamir." He pats his stomach, "Well, I'm gonna haul the SAMAS over to Discount Dan's and see what they can do. After that I'm gonna head into town and do some shopping. I've got some .50 cal and caseless rounds I need to find a good pistol for. Oow, or maybe double up with a pistol and rifle on the .50 cal. I may even swing into the magic district and see if I can find more grenades." He gives a wide grin, "They're a little expensive, but well worth the money for a non-caster."

With that said, Murdoc loads up the SAMAS and heads to Discount Dan's.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Templar Base (Aproximately 1km outside of Merctown)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [71] = 71 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [14] = 14 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [71] = 71 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]: [16]+8 = 24 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:



Skills:
Cooking 74% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [11] = 11 [/roll]


Post -

Dhaltuun chuckles at Vlad’s question. ”Leo is definitely one of the heartier types, whereas Rufus is not. I got the slam for Leo and dragon’s head for the rest. If someone wants slam, there is a warning attached. Enjoy at your own risk.” He moves off to finish preparing for dinner.

Jessie and Vlad sit off at a second table, watching the proceedings, as Jacob speaks up.

"So while you were gone, we seemed to get a minor Faerie infestation. They were being their usual trickster selves, but I managed to make a tentative deal with them. All in all it seems to be working out as they're keeping the pest to a minimum. It is costing me a fortune in sugar though." Jacob says with a wizened chuckle between bites of food.

Dhaltuun’s eyes widen at the mention of Faeries. He continues to listen and eat. ”Marcella, there seem to be some fae folk around the farm. Try to find and identify them, if you can. I am curious.” At the mention of sugar, Dhaltuun gets an idea. ’Maybe i can find a way to “pay'' them to work for us? I can buy a lot of candy or maybe even learn to make some.`` He puts down his utensils, wipes his mouth and grabs his ever present notepad. He jots down a reminder. *Buy Candy.* *Look For a candy maker.* He looks around the table, and sheepishly puts his notepad away. ’Sorry. Had an idea, and had to get it down before I forget. *Sips his beer* Maybe we or i can buy enough sweets to hire the fae. I wish to try to see if that may work.” He stops talking and finishes his food.

"We should be seeing the first crop yields in a few weeks, nothing record breaking, but should just about break even on costs for production. The construction guys say there may be some delays. Materials are on backorder, likely one of the nearby city states is gobbling up stuff in prep for some border war or whatnot, nothing new though." Jacob says in an unconcerned tone.

Dhaltuun again stops eating, and nods in approval as he looks towards Jacob. ”How can i help? I got some skills and spells that may help. We can talk after.” As the talk of Samas comes up, ”Maybe if i help with the bill, he may teach me how to fly it. I have always wanted to learn. I mean, just for me. I want to fly.” He looks at Murdoc ’I am willing to help as well. I can turn a wrench but not much else. I am better with wood. But i can help.’ Holds up his beer in a salute before taking a sip.

After dinner and cleanup, Dhal will try to put together a shopping list before studying his new spell of winged flight

After spending 4 hours studying his mystic notes on “Winged Flight” , Dhaltuun beds down for the night. The last thought is about flying as he drifts off.


Dhaltuun wakes up and lays in bed for a few moments. ’ What a night. It has been a long time since I was up late studying. Time for Breakfast.” As he gets ready for the day, he goes over his shopping list. looks good. Need to make sure I upgrade my laptop while I have the money. “ Satisfied, he whistles for Marcella and, once she lands, heads for the galley. Setting her on her perch, Dhal whips up breakfast for the team.

Once breakfast is done, he heads outside. As he walks the grounds, just enjoying the morning, he thinks of what his “associates” have said about him and his interpersonal skills. As he thinks, he wanders the farm. ” okay. Everyone tells me I need to work on my “people” skills. No idea how to do that. I have tried talking to Jessie, but I feel intimidated by her, and Vlad is like a small grandfather. The team is, well, my team. I get along fine with them all, just not sure how to be with others. I am used to being in a kitchen, not out adventuring.``[/b] Dhaltuun pops some jerky and admires some woodwork that he notices. ” Maybe someone can teach me or help me find a class or something.`` with a smile, Dhal heads back to the Behemoth.

As he gets closer, he realizes most of the team left to do their errands already. With a shrug of his shoulders, Dhaltuun heads in and starts to prepare trail rations for the team. Once he has a good-sized batch started, he tells Vlad to watch them and heads to his room. Grabbing his gear and day pack, he heads for his buggy. He heads into town. ’ A few stops to make before we go. Need to get this done asap.’

destination is WIP
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Locked

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”