Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Somewhere between Stormspire and Merctown
Date: December 22 111PA
Time: 2200
Environmental: Cold and Dry, Cloudless and Starry; a barren landscape near a large river.
Other:
Yojimbo finds himself on the southern side of the river and walking towards Merctown with Stormspire some miles behind him. His plan, to reconnect with former allies and champions of good in Merctown. On the horizon, he can see a village with darkened windows and calm streets; a sleeping town. Continuing tirelessly on his journey, the Holy Terror continues past the village slowly and stumbles. Suddenly, he feels under the weight of the daunting pressure on it.

Yojimbo stops and turns towards the village, his gaze looking for anything out of the ordinary. He feels a brief wash in his mind as he hears a strong voice. "Yojimbo, it is Hanzō. This aura; this is an aura of terror. Something sickeningly evil lurks in that village." The alien blade says in Yojimbo's mind, the powerful voice reminiscent of the great Oni no Hanzō.

Now, left with a choice to either continue on towards Merctown or investigate the fear he feels, the Holy Terror decides.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions: Nightvision 1000'

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:28 amHe feels a brief wash in his mind as he hears a strong voice. "Yojimbo, it is Hanzō. This aura; this is an aura of terror. Something sickeningly evil lurks in that village." The alien blade says in Yojimbo's mind, the powerful voice reminiscent of the great Oni no Hanzō.
Hanzō. We shall cleanse this place of the foul taint which corrupts it. thinks the Holy Terror to his alien blade, grateful for its counsel.

Yojimbo will turn toward and study the village as he carefully approaches. Though he cannot prowl, he nevertheless proceeds carefully, taking care to walk slowly and doing his best not to make an inordinate amount of noise, always wary of evil that may lurk.

He will visually scan the village for signs of an entrance, looking for some sort of gate or guard, or even a main road on this cloudy, dark evening.

What else do we know of this vile presence? he thinks toward Hanzō as he gets closer to the village.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown
Time: 2248
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
Yojimbo finds the main road that leads into the small village, it seems to veer off the road leading from Merctown by several miles. The village is more scattered farmsteads and small store fronts; though it is night and dark. As Yojimbo enters the threshold of the village, he feels a crushing fear threatening to drive him back but his mental fortitude proves stronger. Shaking off the feeling, Yojimbo hears the voice of Hanzo. Well done. This is likely the aura of an entity of darkness. We must tread cautiously; they can possess many things. We must find what it is possessing and expel it. His blade explains regarding the presence. Hanzo being something of an encyclopedia on greater mythos and monsters explains to the Holy Terror about several different types of entities, commonly referred too as ghosts. Yojimbo now finds himself in the center of the main road to a dark village, the aura of fear still present but not affecting the Holy Terror.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d% CRIT SUCCESS
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (04:00 remaining); See the Invisible

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown
Time: 2248
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
Yojimbo finds the main road that leads into the small village, it seems to veer off the road leading from Merctown by several miles. The village is more scattered farmsteads and small store fronts; though it is night and dark. As Yojimbo enters the threshold of the village, he feels a crushing fear threatening to drive him back but his mental fortitude proves stronger. Shaking off the feeling, Yojimbo hears the voice of Hanzo. Well done. This is likely the aura of an entity of darkness. We must tread cautiously; they can possess many things. We must find what it is possessing and expel it. His blade explains regarding the presence. Hanzo being something of an encyclopedia on greater mythos and monsters explains to the Holy Terror about several different types of entities, commonly referred too as ghosts. Yojimbo now finds himself in the center of the main road to a dark village, the aura of fear still present but not affecting the Holy Terror.

What are you doing?
An entity - a ghost. Spirits of the departed driven mad with emotion thinks the Holy Terror as he takes Hanzo's information under advisement as he wills himself to See the Invisible and activates his psi-powers of Sense Magic and Suppress Fear to both see if he can pick up from where the spirit's emotional attack came and ward off any future attempts to tamper with his mental fortitude.

Where ARE you... he thinks as he slowly peers around while approaching the village, Hanzo is kept sheathed, but the Holy Terror's clawed hand is on the hilt of the strange Techno-Rune sword.

He slowly paces around the area, feelers extended, seeing if he can pick up any traces or hints.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown
Time: 2248
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
As the Holy Terror enters the main road of the village, he extends his senses of magic and sight while suppressing the daunting aura. He certainly feels a swell of magic past the village, the Nexus of Merctown within a few miles and the ley lines that run from the city stretching for miles more. Inside the village, he feels relatively nothing and sees nothing either.

After walking the village for a hundred feet or so, he feels a pull of magic from the right half of the village. This side seems to be lined with houses and communal areas, suggesting the entity might be somewhere within.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (04:00 remaining); See the Invisible

Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown
Time: 2248
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
As the Holy Terror enters the main road of the village, he extends his senses of magic and sight while suppressing the daunting aura. He certainly feels a swell of magic past the village, the Nexus of Merctown within a few miles and the ley lines that run from the city stretching for miles more. Inside the village, he feels relatively nothing and sees nothing either.
Evil lurks here... but where? thinks Yojimbo, keeping in mind that things may not be as they appear. He keeps moving, his attention focused upon the area around and his enhanced senses, intuitively treading lightly (well, as lightly as a 7 ton metallic behemoth can), slowing as he proceeds warily.
Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm After walking the village for a hundred feet or so, he feels a pull of magic from the right half of the village. This side seems to be lined with houses and communal areas, suggesting the entity might be somewhere within.
The Holy Terror immediately stops and his head turns toward the area. Ahh.. found you... he thinks to himself.

He begins approaching the residential area, moving slowly and deliberately, his oversized and hooded poncho covering his massive frame so as not to alarm anyone who might see him... though there's only so much attention a 10' tall walking tank can divert, poncho or otherwise.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Location: Merctown
Time: 2250
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
Yojimbo makes his way into the modest collection of residential homes that occupy this nameless town. Though his frame is massive and he is impossible to truly hide, the Holy Terror finds no activity in the town aside from stray animals lurking in the alleys. As he walks, Yojimbo passes what seems to be a church flanked by two houses. The place of worship is far from impressive, a shack barely the size of a small home but in decent shape. As he passes the buildings, the Holy Terror hears something tumble from behind him and, turning to look, sees movement on the upper level of the church though there are still no lights on in the building.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (02:00 remaining); See the Invisible; Sense Magic (4:00), Sense Evil (8:00)
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Location: Merctown
Time: 2250
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
Yojimbo makes his way into the modest collection of residential homes that occupy this nameless town. Though his frame is massive and he is impossible to truly hide, the Holy Terror finds no activity in the town aside from stray animals lurking in the alleys. As he walks, Yojimbo passes what seems to be a church flanked by two houses. The place of worship is far from impressive, a shack barely the size of a small home but in decent shape. As he passes the buildings, the Holy Terror hears something tumble from behind him and, turning to look, sees movement on the upper level of the church though there are still no lights on in the building.

What are you doing?
Yojimbo stops and stares for a good minute or so, looking for more movement. He could just approach the building straightaway, but a brief thought enters his mind:

Hagakure tells us, "By being impatient, matters are damaged and great works cannot be done." I will patiently seek out the source of this foul taint and cleanse it from this village.

If Yojimbo notices no more movement and all seems still...

He activates his Sense Evil psi-power (OOC: Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, duh) and sweeps the area with his enhanced senses.

If he picks up a "ping", Yojimbo will use his senses to "track" the sensation and try to follow it and pinpoint (per the power's description).

If able to determine that the sensation is coming from inside the church, Yojimbo will approach and, presuming the doors are closed and locked at this hour, knock loudly. It is possible innocents reside within.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Location: Merctown
Time: 2252
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
There is only the silence of a sleeping town that follows as Yojimbo pauses to look. The moment the Holy Terror attunes himself to sense evil around him, however, he feels a sickening evil presence from the direction of the church; it is close and moving. Turning like a living statue, Yojimbo walks slowly but strongly to the doorway. He finds the door locked as expected and raises his heavy hand to knock loudly. The Holy Terror steps forward and his fist impacts the wooden door once, twice and on the third knock, the door falls off its hinges. Yojimbo sees it slowly fall back and then slam on the interior of the church, a cloud of dust pluming around it in the dark foyer to the church. The Holy Terror hears a creak from a nearby staircase, directly ahead of him in the foyer.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (02:00 remaining); See the Invisible; Sense Magic (4:00), Sense Evil (8:00)
Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 am
Location: Merctown
Time: 2252
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
There is only the silence of a sleeping town that follows as Yojimbo pauses to look. The moment the Holy Terror attunes himself to sense evil around him, however, he feels a sickening evil presence from the direction of the church; it is close and moving.
As he feels the familiar wave of evil wash over him like a sickening bath, the Holy Terror's resolve is only strengthened.

Got you.
Zoe Barenger wrote:Turning like a living statue, Yojimbo walks slowly but strongly to the doorway. He finds the door locked as expected and raises his heavy hand to knock loudly. The Holy Terror steps forward and his fist impacts the wooden door once, twice and on the third knock, the door falls off its hinges. Yojimbo sees it slowly fall back and then slam on the interior of the church, a cloud of dust pluming around it in the dark foyer to the church. The Holy Terror hears a creak from a nearby staircase, directly ahead of him in the foyer.
As the door falls, Yojimbo stands there, fist still raised in mid knock so as not to startle any potential innocents inside. When the cloud of dust comes up, he becomes even more suspicious. This place of worship has not been used in some time. Or whomever is charged with keeping it holy is derelict in their duty to do so he thinks.

He hears the creak on the staircase and immediately looks in the direction.

No more hiding.

"Show yourself!" he says in a stern, commanding voice, his sword not yet deployed but at the ready.

If the sense of evil seems to pinpoint the movement on the staircase, and no one responds, he will step into the church warily. Concerned that he might be violating a taboo, he briefly tries to recall any information that would tell him how to proceed without doing so (if possible).

Skill Roll --> Anthropology (attempt to recall customs of entering a house of worship under these circumstances) ---> d%/52%
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2254
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
The Holy Terror hears a cackle and creak before a horse voice beckons to them. "O-oh. Look. Another intrepid wanderer; made for good. Who's version of good, Terror." It asks, Yojimbo barely able to make out parts of a silhouette at the top of the staircase but nothing of note. "He he he. Please. Step inside my home."

When the Holy Terror enters the room, the daunting feeling compounds as the he hears a slam behind him. The door that he had knocked to the ground is now up and slammed into place on the door frame. Looking back to the staircase, his sense evil is blaring to him as he sees the silhouette become more clear; a pale lanky humanoid. Just as Yojimbo sees the specter, an unnatural darkness floods the room and all he sees before him is darkness. Yojimbo can not even see his own hand in front of his face.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (4:00 remaining); See the Invisible; Sense Magic (2:00), Sense Evil (6:00)l 20' tall, invisible

Zoe Barenger wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2254
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura.
The Holy Terror hears a cackle and creak before a horse voice beckons to them. "O-oh. Look. Another intrepid wanderer; made for good. Who's version of good, Terror." It asks, Yojimbo barely able to make out parts of a silhouette at the top of the staircase but nothing of note. "He he he. Please. Step inside my home."

When the Holy Terror enters the room, the daunting feeling compounds as the he hears a slam behind him. The door that he had knocked to the ground is now up and slammed into place on the door frame. Looking back to the staircase, his sense evil is blaring to him as he sees the silhouette become more clear; a pale lanky humanoid. Just as Yojimbo sees the specter, an unnatural darkness floods the room and all he sees before him is darkness. Yojimbo can not even see his own hand in front of his face.

What are you doing?
As soon as the darkness begins to spread, The Holy Terror reactivates Suppress Fear and, drawing Hanzo, moves quickly toward the source of the evil ping he registers from his Sense Evil power.

When he arrives at the area approximating where the staircase began: "The version of good where the innocents flourish and the evildoers reap what they sow! he thunders, as he wills himself to double his size (now twenty feet tall), smashing through the wooden ceiling above him and presumably into the upper floor.

"Covering your sins with the stain of darkness will not save you," he says.

Hanzo, Demon Hanzo, lend me your insight as we dispatch this foe of light! he thinks to his blade, while simultaneously drawing upon his own knowledge of monsters and demons to ascertain what they are faced with.

Skill Rolls:

Lore: Demons & Monsters -- (ascertain weaknesses/vulnerabilities, best strategies/tactics to defeat whatever it is d%/52%
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2256
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Yojimbo grows in size, crashing to through the ceiling and the rest of the foyer. His large size causing parts of the stairway to crumble and debris to fall where the ghost appeared, though it is now gone. Yojimbo hears an echoing laugh and whispering voices that seem to dance around him, the walls seemingly being coated in a gooey residue.

Fearless, the Holy Terror looks in search of his quarry as Hanzo speaks in his mind. This is a greater entity, a Harmful Ghost. The thrive in causing fear and death but are terribly weak to sunlight. They can turn invisible and intangible at will and still affect the environment around them. There is also usually a Haunted Focus which anchors them to this plane. Destroy it and they go with it, capture it and you can force it to leave. There are usually under four such objects we'd need to collect to properly banish the apparition. Hanzo explains in great detail for Yojimbo to consider.

Right now, the Terror stands in the foyer and can see into the upper level. He does see several corpses piled up in a corner of the church, but does not see the entity.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%[
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (2:00 remaining); See the Invisible; Sense Evil (4:00); 20' tall

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:38 pm
Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2256
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Yojimbo grows in size, crashing to through the ceiling and the rest of the foyer. His large size causing parts of the stairway to crumble and debris to fall where the ghost appeared, though it is now gone. Yojimbo hears an echoing laugh and whispering voices that seem to dance around him, the walls seemingly being coated in a gooey residue.

Fearless, the Holy Terror looks in search of his quarry as Hanzo speaks in his mind. This is a greater entity, a Harmful Ghost. The thrive in causing fear and death but are terribly weak to sunlight. They can turn invisible and intangible at will and still affect the environment around them. There is also usually a Haunted Focus which anchors them to this plane. Destroy it and they go with it, capture it and you can force it to leave. There are usually under four such objects we'd need to collect to properly banish the apparition. Hanzo explains in great detail for Yojimbo to consider.

Right now, the Terror stands in the foyer and can see into the upper level. He does see several corpses piled up in a corner of the church, but does not see the entity.

What are you doing?
The Holy Terror is undeterred by the maniacal laughter of the evil spirit. Hanzo has given him what he needs to restore what is good and holy to this place of worship - well, what is left of it, anyhow.

Haunted Focus... he thinks, scouring the area for objects which might stand out. Where are these haunted foci...

Yojimbo scans the area, looking for anything that might be a holy - or unholy - object that could provide some sort of clue.

If brute force will not do the job, perhaps guile will... he thinks. Knowing that ghosts and spirits who haunt an area tend to do so because something terrible happened that they "hold on" to, the Holy Terror changes tactics.

"Tell me, what is your name? What brought you here? What happened to you to drive you to act this way?" he asks the spirit as he looks around.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2258
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Unfortunately for the Holy Terror, any number of items from a pencil with initials in it to a gem could be a haunted focus. Taking a direct approach, the towering, 20ft tall colossus speaks to the entity, trying to draw it out and make it speak.

There is a swirl of darkness that surrounds the Holy Terror and suddenly, from the darkness walks a small silhouette that the Terror knows well; Ashlynn. She walks towards the towering Holy Terror and smiles, each step making a creak along the wooden floor. "This...this place is like the one where I die." Ashlynn answers Yojimbo, looking around the tattered and partially collapsed building. "With great power comes great irresponsibility." She adds, looking up and still smiling. "Tortured." She finishes simply, her eyes leaving the Terror and walking to the room left of the collapsed foyer.

Yojimbo is nearly enthralled at seeing his friend again, and is equally distressed to hear her speaking like this to him. He sees her enter the next room and knows he will have to shrink to follow her.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%[
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (10:00 remaining); See the Invisible; Sense Evil (2:00); 10' tall

Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:17 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2258
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Unfortunately for the Holy Terror, any number of items from a pencil with initials in it to a gem could be a haunted focus. Taking a direct approach, the towering, 20ft tall colossus speaks to the entity, trying to draw it out and make it speak.

There is a swirl of darkness that surrounds the Holy Terror and suddenly, from the darkness walks a small silhouette that the Terror knows well; Ashlynn. She walks towards the towering Holy Terror and smiles, each step making a creak along the wooden floor. "This...this place is like the one where I die." Ashlynn answers Yojimbo, looking around the tattered and partially collapsed building. "With great power comes great irresponsibility." She adds, looking up and still smiling. "Tortured." She finishes simply, her eyes leaving the Terror and walking to the room left of the collapsed foyer.

Yojimbo is nearly enthralled at seeing his friend again, and is equally distressed to hear her speaking like this to him. He sees her enter the next room and knows he will have to shrink to follow her.

What are you doing?
Yojimbo sees his friend... one of his only friends in this strange world... and is initially elated. But before he can cry out to her, he knows in his heart that what he sees is not really Ashlynn.

It must be a trick played by the spirit... toying with my emotions he thinks to himself, wary of the tricks spirits play on people. It is then that he hears her speak to him in a way that is very much not Ashlynn.

Tortured... he thinks, suddenly aware of what caused this spirit to haunt the place. The Holy Terror's wheels turn in his head and he begins to wonder if the implements of torture used, whatever they may be, might be at least one of the unholy foci he seeks.

He glances at the floor, judging its ability to hold his massive weight should he jump through to the second floor, and judges that it will indeed do so.

Skill Roll --> Carpentry (judge construction of the floor and building to see if it can withstand Yojimbo's mass standing on it) ---> d% / 37%

The Terror wills himself to his normal 10' size, and leaps up through the hole in the floor (Yojimbo can leap 24' from a standing position) to land on the second floor, paying special care not to leap too high so that his massive weight will not destroy the wooden second floor as he lands upon it.

Assuming it holds, he will then proceed to follow Ashlynn's ghost/spirit where she went, reactivating his Suppress Fear ability as he does so in order to stay one step ahead of the evil presence, and relying on his Sense Evil ability to attune him toward any other visitors or evil present.

"Did you torture these people in the way that you were tortured?" he asks the spirit as he follows, gesturing to the corpses in the corner.

"Who did this to you, spirit?" he asks. The more I can get it talking, the more I can learn about it and maybe uncover some clues... he thinks as he continues to walk toward where Ashlynn's Ghost appeared to go while looking around for anything that might stand out as a clue.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2305
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Fortunately for Yojimbo, the wood creaks and the beams bow under his weight but the floor is laid against the ground below. Like many of the building in town, the building is without modern accoutrements. As Yojimbo thinks on the possible torture, the Holy Terror's mind draws a blank. Not for lack of information but for an overload of it; there are many hundreds if not thousands of ways to torture, and the terror has seen plenty of it.

That alone isn't enough to nail down a foci, so the Terror plays along with the entity for now, reducing himself in size and trying to follow. The image of Ashlynn still strong, the voice, everything is right except the way she speaks. And each time, it's enough to bother the Terror just a little.

"They... they died." It points to a corpse in the room and then walks past it towards the north exit into a hallway, the terror pausing and checking on the dead body. Adult human female, probably early thirties; her dress soaked in blood and an horrified expression locked on her empty face. "Painfully." It finishes and vanishes in the darkness. Yojimbo notes that the corpse is holding a metal fragment with designs in it and an inactive vibro-sword. Looking up, Yojimbo is now staring north down a dark hallway and he resets his fear suppression then takes another step, asking the spirit again to converse.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the corridor of the hallway becomes lit and is lined with paintings. It amazes the terror that some of these still exist given the state of the world, and there are nearly a dozen of them down the hallway. At the end, Yojimbo can see the silhouette of Ashlynn standing in front of a large door.

When Yojimbo moves towards her, the corner of his eyes notice movement in the paintings and turning to look, the first painting is actually moving; almost like a flip-book or water-colored cartoon. However, what the terror sees in the painting is anything but.

The painting is that of a grand victorian style church, likely the painting's original home. In the front, kids can be seen playing with glee and bliss, a priest can be seen consoling a family and a newborn, and a huddle of the community forming around a group that struggles during their life; on the outside of the church. Yojimbo sees in one of the windows a silhouette seemingly slamming on the window before it goes black and Yojimbo hears an echoing scream from in front of him. As he turns, Ashlynn's silhouette is now hovering next to him with seems like tears of red streaming down her face as she screams again and vanishes. Reappearing down at the end of the hallway and back to her normal look, she turns to Yojimbo from down the hallway with a smile.

"Bad memory." She says and when Yojimbo looks again, the image is still.

Old Church 1.png
Old Church 1.png (45.1 KiB) Viewed 1562 times


What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (3:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall

Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:38 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2305
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
Fortunately for Yojimbo, the wood creaks and the beams bow under his weight but the floor is laid against the ground below. Like many of the building in town, the building is without modern accoutrements. As Yojimbo thinks on the possible torture, the Holy Terror's mind draws a blank. Not for lack of information but for an overload of it; there are many hundreds if not thousands of ways to torture, and the terror has seen plenty of it.

That alone isn't enough to nail down a foci, so the Terror plays along with the entity for now, reducing himself in size and trying to follow. The image of Ashlynn still strong, the voice, everything is right except the way she speaks. And each time, it's enough to bother the Terror just a little.

"They... they died." It points to a corpse in the room and then walks past it towards the north exit into a hallway, the terror pausing and checking on the dead body. Adult human female, probably early thirties; her dress soaked in blood and an horrified expression locked on her empty face. "Painfully." It finishes and vanishes in the darkness. Yojimbo notes that the corpse is holding a metal fragment with designs in it and an inactive vibro-sword. Looking up, Yojimbo is now staring north down a dark hallway and he resets his fear suppression then takes another step, asking the spirit again to converse.
The Holy Terror pauses to consider the corpse. Not even a week old - this corpse is relatively fresh. How long has this madness been going on?

He examines the metal fragment and its designs, while ignoring the vibro-blade. Doubtful this sword would have been of any use against the evil presence...
Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:38 pmSuddenly, in the blink of an eye, the corridor of the hallway becomes lit and is lined with paintings. It amazes the terror that some of these still exist given the state of the world, and there are nearly a dozen of them down the hallway. At the end, Yojimbo can see the silhouette of Ashlynn standing in front of a large door.

When Yojimbo moves towards her, the corner of his eyes notice movement in the paintings and turning to look, the first painting is actually moving; almost like a flip-book or water-colored cartoon. However, what the terror sees in the painting is anything but.

The painting is that of a grand victorian style church, likely the painting's original home. In the front, kids can be seen playing with glee and bliss, a priest can be seen consoling a family and a newborn, and a huddle of the community forming around a group that struggles during their life; on the outside of the church. Yojimbo sees in one of the windows a silhouette seemingly slamming on the window before it goes black and Yojimbo hears an echoing scream from in front of him. As he turns, Ashlynn's silhouette is now hovering next to him with seems like tears of red streaming down her face as she screams again and vanishes. Reappearing down at the end of the hallway and back to her normal look, she turns to Yojimbo from down the hallway with a smile.

"Bad memory." She says and when Yojimbo looks again, the image is still.

Old Church 1.png


What are you doing?
The spirit is telling me the story of what happened. It is best I listen and not upset it, so as to gain more clues.

He examines the artwork more closely.

Skill Roll: Art (examine paintings for quality or anything that might look out of place; any clues)---> d%/57% CRIT SUCCESS

Yojimbo, normally not one to indulge evil spirits, nonetheless observes and listens to "Ashlynn" tell her story through both her words and what he perceives as her control of the paintings.

"Yes, it would appear much suffering occurred indeed," intones the Holy Terror in an effort to empathize with "Ashlynn" and keep the narrative going. "Were you in this place?' he asks, pointing at the picture of the church.

Yojimbo looks at Ashlynn, and then the floor leading toward where she stands. If the path appears to be safe to him, he will proceed to follow her.

"Please, continue," he says in a conciliatory tone. Though ending this evil presence's tenure is paramount to the Holy Terror, he realizes that he must play along in order to acquire the means (i.e., foci) to do so and release the spirit from its anguish.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2310
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
There are two symbols on the
Metal Fragment.png
Metal Fragment.png (201.34 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
that Yojimbo cannot identify, one on either end. Looking past the object as not wanting to take his eyes off the specter for longer than required, he moves down the Hallway and urges the entity to continue its story.

When he passes the painting and inspects it close up, he finds that it is likely a one of a kind, priceless and irreplaceable to the right people. The image itself seems to be hand drawn with old fine-tipped brushes and could easily have been a requisition from a church as the frame itself is also elegant in design. Though old, this painting is likely a piece of lost history; though when he inspects it closer he does find it has changed slightly from when he watched it move. The silhouette in the window is gone and the people in the front have changed; the couple with the priest is gone.
"Yes, it would appear much suffering occurred indeed," intones the Holy Terror in an effort to empathize with "Ashlynn" and keep the narrative going. "Were you in this place?'
Be careful with what you say; any one word or movement could cause this entity to explode. You can see it, on the edge, teetering between insanity. Whatever happened, happened long ago. Hanzo the Sword silently suggests to Yojimbo and the Holy Terror can feel what Hanzo said. The tension in the hallway, in the way this Ashlynn's dead eyes stare at the Holy Terror with a blankness and smile.

"I was.. there.." the voice drifts as it goes further down the hallway. Yojimbo, after checking the floors, follows slowly. "Then... I was on the ceiling." Her form begins to change away from Ashlynn into a similarly small young woman wearing a dress as her voice changes. Yojimbo sees the dress start to soak blood as if the spirit was cut across the chest, much like the corpse in the other room. "There was fire.. and blood... and empty." She adds, the entities voice beginning to quake as Yojimbo watches her seem to be engulfed in flames. "Then I died there!" She screams, her body exploding in a wave of heat that washes over Yojimbo (-14 MDC) that forces him to look away. When he looks back, she is gone behind a set of large doors and nothing else in the room seems to be affected by the burst of flames except him.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (3:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2310
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
There are two symbols on the
Metal Fragment.png
that Yojimbo cannot identify, one on either end. Looking past the object as not wanting to take his eyes off the specter for longer than required, he moves down the Hallway and urges the entity to continue its story.
The potential significance of the metal fragment is not lost on the Holy Terror. I had best keep an eye out for this pattern elsewhere.

Hanzo - do you know anything of this? he thinks toward his sentient sword. If Hanzo suggests that the metal fragment is important, Yojimbo will retrieve it, provided he can do so.
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 pmWhen he passes the painting and inspects it close up, he finds that it is likely a one of a kind, priceless and irreplaceable to the right people. The image itself seems to be hand drawn with old fine-tipped brushes and could easily have been a requisition from a church as the frame itself is also elegant in design. Though old, this painting is likely a piece of lost history; though when he inspects it closer he does find it has changed slightly from when he watched it move. The silhouette in the window is gone and the people in the front have changed; the couple with the priest is gone.
Fascinating. Outstanding quality and unique. The story of this spirit seems to be told in part by these paintings.

Hanzo - this painting is exquisite and of great value. What do you make of it? I think the spirit is telling its story through the paintings he thinks toward Hanzo.
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 pmBe careful with what you say; any one word or movement could cause this entity to explode. You can see it, on the edge, teetering between insanity. Whatever happened, happened long ago. Hanzo the Sword silently suggests to Yojimbo and the Holy Terror can feel what Hanzo said. The tension in the hallway, in the way this Ashlynn's dead eyes stare at the Holy Terror with a blankness and smile.
Yojimbo heeds the words of his sentient blade. After all, it knows far more of the denizens of evil than he.
Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 pm"I was.. there.." the voice drifts as it goes further down the hallway. Yojimbo, after checking the floors, follows slowly. "Then... I was on the ceiling." Her form begins to change away from Ashlynn into a similarly small young woman wearing a dress as her voice changes. Yojimbo sees the dress start to soak blood as if the spirit was cut across the chest, much like the corpse in the other room. "There was fire.. and blood... and empty." She adds, the entities voice beginning to quake as Yojimbo watches her seem to be engulfed in flames. "Then I died there!" She screams, her body exploding in a wave of heat that washes over Yojimbo (-14 MDC) that forces him to look away. When he looks back, she is gone behind a set of large doors and nothing else in the room seems to be affected by the burst of flames except him.

What are you doing?
"Tragic..." he says as he remembers the warning of Hanzo to take care in his words.

When he sees the cut across the chest, Yojimbo will notice the similarity to the corpse he saw previously. A pattern, perhaps? he thinks to himself.

The Holy Terror will then spend a few moments looking around the room to see if there are any other clues or paintings that stand out to him, taking time to examine each in turn if need be, and heeding any feelings, warnings, or advice given by Hanzo.

If nothing catches his eye, he will go to, and open, the doors where the spirit appears to have gone, and enter what lies beyond (presuming it isn't a raging inferno or something obviously dangerous).
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2320
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
When Yojimbo asks Hanzo about the object, the sword responds several moments later. It is no symbol I recognize. It's uniqueness in the dead body's hand suggest important, possible a focus object. If so, do not pick it up until you know if there are more; the entity will engage when you do. The sword answers. As for the painting, I cannot say. I doubt the painting itself is magic; this specter is likely using illusions to manipulate you. Do not trust it. Hanzo warns.

Once the entity bursts and is gone, Yojimbo wanders for a moment and examines every painting on the wall. While they are all beautiful and befitting of a place of worship, none of moving or acting out like the first. The first painting has also seemed to lost all of the signs of life that it had. Heeding his blade's advice, the terror leaves the object on the ground and opens the door to the larger room in the back of the church.

Inside is the main audiance chamber, lined with pews on either side and gorgeous tapestry and draping's around, all old and weathered. The central state stands a girl, not Ashlynn, dressed in a church robes. Yojimbo steps towards her and hears the doors shut behind him. She turns and looks at Yojimbo, her eyes completely black; as if they were a doorway to the void. In her hand is a metal octagon with symbols that match the object in the other room; it needs a second piece.

Yojimbo starts to hear a beautiful voice hum from the central area as the girl starts to hum and sing. "You feel it inside, out goes the lights. Flesh of Flesh, Blood of Blood. You beat at the walls though you hear not a sound. Trapped in the walls of your mind. Body of Blood, a Vessel anew, you are not you..." She says softly, repeating Flesh of Flesh and Blood of Blood several times.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (3:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall

Zoe Barenger wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 2320
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you.
When Yojimbo asks Hanzo about the object, the sword responds several moments later. It is no symbol I recognize. It's uniqueness in the dead body's hand suggest important, possible a focus object. If so, do not pick it up until you know if there are more; the entity will engage when you do. The sword answers. As for the painting, I cannot say. I doubt the painting itself is magic; this specter is likely using illusions to manipulate you. Do not trust it. Hanzo warns.

Once the entity bursts and is gone, Yojimbo wanders for a moment and examines every painting on the wall. While they are all beautiful and befitting of a place of worship, none of moving or acting out like the first. The first painting has also seemed to lost all of the signs of life that it had. Heeding his blade's advice, the terror leaves the object on the ground and opens the door to the larger room in the back of the church.

Inside is the main audiance chamber, lined with pews on either side and gorgeous tapestry and draping's around, all old and weathered. The central state stands a girl, not Ashlynn, dressed in a church robes. Yojimbo steps towards her and hears the doors shut behind him. She turns and looks at Yojimbo, her eyes completely black; as if they were a doorway to the void. In her hand is a metal octagon with symbols that match the object in the other room; it needs a second piece.

Yojimbo starts to hear a beautiful voice hum from the central area as the girl starts to hum and sing. "You feel it inside, out goes the lights. Flesh of Flesh, Blood of Blood. You beat at the walls though you hear not a sound. Trapped in the walls of your mind. Body of Blood, a Vessel anew, you are not you..." She says softly, repeating Flesh of Flesh and Blood of Blood several times.

What are you doing?
The Holy Terror heeds the words of his sentient blade and leaves the metal fragment where it lies.

When he sees the woman with the church robes on, he listens to her song. Flesh of Flesh, Blood of Blood. What does it mean? he thinks, perplexed by the strange and haunting song.

Trapped in the walls of your mind... cannot hear the sound of beating... on the walls of your own mind! he realizes. This spirit speaks of possession and domination. Who knows how many it has overpowered?

Despite his vast physical prowess, the would-be samurai is stumped, because his foe is not "flesh and blood", but of spirit.

Standing still and watching, the Holy Terror says: "I see you have something there... in your hand..." carefully, gauging the spirit/woman's response as he looks around the room for any other clues that might reveal something. If the spirit/woman does not react negatively or angrily, he will continue: "What does it do?"

And what of the other fragment with the same symbols on it we left behind? he thinks.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
When Yojimnbo points to the object in her hand, the young church-goer looks down at it, her head hanging low. Yojimbo can see small droplets of blood seem to drip from her fingertips as she looks back at him. "This..." she pauses, lifting it up. "Of few comforts to be had." She says, turning away and letting it fall to the ground. As it falls, Yojimbo watches it vanish into thin air. "It'll be okay." Her voice carries as a whisper with her back now turned to Yojimbo, she steps forward, away from him and towards the back wall and seems to vanish.

The large magical samuri then sees a large eruption of light that seems to engulf him, forcing him to blink and reopen his eyes. When he does, Yojimbo finds himself amid a field in luscious grass with a trio of trees in the center and a forest surrounding him. There is a lake near the trees and a cobblestone-like path that leads to the base of the trees that he is standing on. Near the trees is the silhouette of a woman in a beautiful cultural gown, the likes of which he hasn't seen on Earth before. Looking behind him, or around him, reveals nothing else but the wilderness and a beautiful autumn sky. The village and church he was in, Merctown on the horizon, are all gone and there isn't a ley line or anything remotely like it in the sky; even the daunting aura that had been weighing over him is gone.

What catches the Holy Terror's eyes most as he surveys this new area he suddenly finds himself in is himself. He feels shorter than he should, his movements feel lighter. Blinking and looking down, he sees clothing instead of metal, a flesh hand instead of a metal gauntlet. On his side rests two swords, with a third, smaller sword on his lower back. Something is tugging at his neck, his human neck and when he pulls at it, he finds the straw-string for a large brimmed straw hat.

What are you doing?
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (3:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
When Yojimnbo points to the object in her hand, the young church-goer looks down at it, her head hanging low. Yojimbo can see small droplets of blood seem to drip from her fingertips as she looks back at him. "This..." she pauses, lifting it up. "Of few comforts to be had." She says, turning away and letting it fall to the ground. As it falls, Yojimbo watches it vanish into thin air. "It'll be okay." Her voice carries as a whisper with her back now turned to Yojimbo, she steps forward, away from him and towards the back wall and seems to vanish.

The large magical samuri then sees a large eruption of light that seems to engulf him, forcing him to blink and reopen his eyes. When he does, Yojimbo finds himself amid a field in luscious grass with a trio of trees in the center and a forest surrounding him. There is a lake near the trees and a cobblestone-like path that leads to the base of the trees that he is standing on. Near the trees is the silhouette of a woman in a beautiful cultural gown, the likes of which he hasn't seen on Earth before. Looking behind him, or around him, reveals nothing else but the wilderness and a beautiful autumn sky. The village and church he was in, Merctown on the horizon, are all gone and there isn't a ley line or anything remotely like it in the sky; even the daunting aura that had been weighing over him is gone.

What catches the Holy Terror's eyes most as he surveys this new area he suddenly finds himself in is himself. He feels shorter than he should, his movements feel lighter. Blinking and looking down, he sees clothing instead of metal, a flesh hand instead of a metal gauntlet. On his side rests two swords, with a third, smaller sword on his lower back. Something is tugging at his neck, his human neck and when he pulls at it, he finds the straw-string for a large brimmed straw hat.

What are you doing?
The Holy Terror blinks several times staring at his "new" body.

What is this? he thinks. Some sort of trick the spirit plays upon me?

Nevertheless, he is entranced at his form, and looks at his surroundings to see if he recognizes anything or anyone in the area as he marvels at its beauty.

He looks at his sword and tries to communicate with it: Hanzo - can you hear me? What is this trickery? he thinks at his blade, hoping that Hanzo has somehow come with him to wherever-he-is, this strange Wonderland dreamworld.

Yojimbo will approach the area where the woman is, and try to speak with her. "What a beautiful day!" he will exclaim, pointing at the autumn sky as his opening statement, unsure of what the woman might say - or if she will speak at all.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
Yojimbo feels a tug at the back of his mind when he reaches for his blade; he feels the connection to his sword but it feels as though he is yelling down a long, deep well. Like his voice towards his sword, or that of his sword is being blocked. When he approaches the woman, he sees that she too has a pair of Asian-style blades on her hips and is hiding her face behind a bamboo fan with curious symbols etched within it. As he greets her, she smiles and drops the fan, allowing him to see her face. It is of a beautiful Asian woman, though no one he recognizes. She sits down in the grass, beneath the trees and near a cup of tea.

Something is odd though, Yojimbo feels the tug of the real world. The woman that had been sitting beneath the trees lunges towards him with her blade, forcing the samuri to bound backwards and draw his own sword as she spits towards him. "You are unholy. You serve no purpose!" She exclaims as she rushes him again.

Begin Combat Round One (Use normal stats for this)
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (1:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)
Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+5
Actions
1. Quote Hagakure, parry attacks
2. Quote Hagakure, parry attacks
3. Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8 to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 (?) damage (assuming his own attributes are at play - SN PS + fencing)
4. Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8 to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 (?) damage (assuming his own attributes are at play - SN PS + fencing)
5. Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8 to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 (?) damage (assuming his own attributes are at play - SN PS + fencing)
6. Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8 to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 (?) damage (assuming his own attributes are at play - SN PS + fencing)
7. Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8 to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 (?) damage (assuming his own attributes are at play - SN PS + fencing)

Parries:
1. Parry with sword 1d20+14
2. Parry with sword 1d20+14
3. Parry with sword 1d20+14
4. Parry with sword 1d20+14
5. Parry with sword 1d20+14
6. Parry with sword 1d20+14
7. Parry with sword 1d20+14


Zoe Barenger wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:14 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
Yojimbo feels a tug at the back of his mind when he reaches for his blade; he feels the connection to his sword but it feels as though he is yelling down a long, deep well. Like his voice towards his sword, or that of his sword is being blocked. When he approaches the woman, he sees that she too has a pair of Asian-style blades on her hips and is hiding her face behind a bamboo fan with curious symbols etched within it. As he greets her, she smiles and drops the fan, allowing him to see her face. It is of a beautiful Asian woman, though no one he recognizes. She sits down in the grass, beneath the trees and near a cup of tea.

Something is odd though, Yojimbo feels the tug of the real world. The woman that had been sitting beneath the trees lunges towards him with her blade, forcing the samuri to bound backwards and draw his own sword as she spits towards him. "You are unholy. You serve no purpose!" She exclaims as she rushes him again.

Begin Combat Round One (Use normal stats for this)
The Holy Terror jumps backward and draws his blade. Disappointed at the ambush, as he was enjoying his fantasy world for the few moments he had, he is nonetheless unsurprised at the attack.

The spirit is evil, after all... he thinks to himself. And evil shall get no respite from me.

Yojimbo engages the woman with a single pointed focus.

"Hagakure tells us that 'At times because of one man's evil, ten thousand people suffer, so you kill that one man to let the tens of thousands live. Here, truly, the blade that deals death becomes the sword that saves lives'," he says before he fights with her.

Yojimbo will be purely defensive as he quotes Hagakure, only parrying attacks and not returning blows.

Then: "I will not allow you to harm another soul, evil spirit.. your repose will arrive soon enough," he says, as he goes on the offensive.

(combat rolls above)
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
The ring of steel echoes across the quite garden, prompting birds to soar out of trees and into the skies as Yojimbo deftly parries two cuts from the woman while taunting her. Her eyes narrow as she pulls back and Yojimbo goes in for a wide swipe with his sword. The woman is able to block the blade with her own, but the sheer force of Yojimbo's attack lurches her back several feet. "Ha. Haha. Hahaha!" She exclaims, her voice rising with each laugh as she lunges towards Yojimbo, this time her blade piercing his defenses and cutting across his chest (-42 M.D.C. from MB); Yojimbo feels the searing pain of the cut and can look down to see blood. Two things he's not seen nor felt before.

"What's real?" She asks in a snarl while dancing around his second slash. "Nothing."

She lunges again and Yojimbo parries her assault and deals a swift riposte that catches her free arm, prompting an outpour of blood. She scowls and attacks again. The two trade blades with each mostly parrying or blocking the other; beyond the first show of blood, no other contact. The woman steps back and holds her sword at chest level towards Yojimbo while walking in a circle around him. "Tell me, do you enjoy being flesh and blood, construct?" She asks in just above a hiss. "You; created to serve for eternity. Flesh and Blood could set you free... I know how you can do it." She lowers her sword and extends her hand, the same hand that has blood on it from the wound he gave her. "You keep calling me evil; you could not see the story of the painting. You only see a monster; not what created it. You claim to hunt evil, you hunt the byproduct." She suggests, standing and looking at him, holding up her arms with the sword pointing down. "Choose then; do you strike me down, or not?"

Begin Combat Round Two (Use normal stats for this)
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (1:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)
Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+5
Actions
Attacks:
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 damage
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit MISS; 1d6*10+1d6 damage
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 damage
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit NAT20; 1d6*10+1d6 (roll doubled for crit, so should be 125 damage)
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 damage
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 damage
Go on offense (sword) 1d20+8: to hit; 1d6*10+1d6 damage

Parries:
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14
Parry with sword 1d20+14

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 am
Conditions wrote:Location: Unknown.
Time: Unknown, probably late afternoon.
Conditions: Warm, comfortable day. Light breeze.
Other:
The ring of steel echoes across the quite garden, prompting birds to soar out of trees and into the skies as Yojimbo deftly parries two cuts from the woman while taunting her. Her eyes narrow as she pulls back and Yojimbo goes in for a wide swipe with his sword. The woman is able to block the blade with her own, but the sheer force of Yojimbo's attack lurches her back several feet. "Ha. Haha. Hahaha!" She exclaims, her voice rising with each laugh as she lunges towards Yojimbo, this time her blade piercing his defenses and cutting across his chest (-42 M.D.C. from MB); Yojimbo feels the searing pain of the cut and can look down to see blood. Two things he's not seen nor felt before.

"What's real?" She asks in a snarl while dancing around his second slash. "Nothing."
The Holy Terror looks at the blood and feels the pain. This is a trick he thinks. I know what's real...

"What's real? I am real," he retorts. "Your evil is real. And your end time has come - this is also real."

This I know to be true, despite your tricks, evil spirit.
Zoe Barenger wrote:She lunges again and Yojimbo parries her assault and deals a swift riposte that catches her free arm, prompting an outpour of blood. She scowls and attacks again. The two trade blades with each mostly parrying or blocking the other; beyond the first show of blood, no other contact. The woman steps back and holds her sword at chest level towards Yojimbo while walking in a circle around him. "Tell me, do you enjoy being flesh and blood, construct?" She asks in just above a hiss. "You; created to serve for eternity. Flesh and Blood could set you free... I know how you can do it." She lowers her sword and extends her hand, the same hand that has blood on it from the wound he gave her. "You keep calling me evil; you could not see the story of the painting. You only see a monster; not what created it. You claim to hunt evil, you hunt the byproduct." She suggests, standing and looking at him, holding up her arms with the sword pointing down. "Choose then; do you strike me down, or not?"
"It matters not what created you or what happened to you. Regardless of your past circumstances, you do not have license to harm others because of them. You are irrevocably twisted and forever befouled with the stench of evil. But I will ensure your repose!" he says, and lunges forward.

There can be no redemption for one such as this.

Yojimbo will press the attack.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Old Church.
Time: Middle of the night.
Conditions: Cold.
Other:
The moment Yojimbo slashes his sword towards the woman, it connects and erupts in a flash and suddenly the Terror finds himself standing in the auditorium he had been in originally. The voice of Hanzo suddenly filling his mind. You have broken free of its spell, the entity retreated. Find the other foci and destroy them both. Hanzo says. Yojimbo can see on the stage floor sits a piece of that metal puzzle, surrounded by a pool of blood.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (4:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)

Zoe Barenger wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Old Church.
Time: Middle of the night.
Conditions: Cold.
Other:
The moment Yojimbo slashes his sword towards the woman, it connects and erupts in a flash and suddenly the Terror finds himself standing in the auditorium he had been in originally. The voice of Hanzo suddenly filling his mind. You have broken free of its spell, the entity retreated. Find the other foci and destroy them both. Hanzo says. Yojimbo can see on the stage floor sits a piece of that metal puzzle, surrounded by a pool of blood.
The Holy Terror will shake the strange experience from his mind, focusing only on the present task: find the foci and dispense with the evil spirit.

He will approach the metal piece carefully, wary of any tricks, and use the tip of Hanzo to move the puzzle piece out of the pool of blood before picking it up.

He will then reactivate his Suppress Fear ability, backtrack to the place where he found the first metal fragment - if it still exists when he opens the door of the auditorium - and collect it as well.

These metallic puzzle pieces seem to be connected to the spirit. Perhaps these are the foci I seek he thinks.

Should Yojimbo be able to return to the hall and get the fragment, he will reexamine the paintings for any other clues, looking specifically for the pattern of the puzzle, or any part thereof.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 0320
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you. Though free of fear, the environment itself is unsettling.
When Yojimbo pokes at and moves the piece of metal with his blade, nothing happens; it could even be unusually still. When he sifts the piece out of the small pool of blood, the terror reaches for it and when his hand grasps the object, there is a deafening and supernatural shriek heard from above him.

Suddenly, the environment seems to warp around the Terror again, only this time he is still within the church, but the shadows seem to be alive around him. The walls and floorboards creak and yaw as if under extreme strain. When Yojimbo moves back from the stage, several planks fall from the ceiling and impale the stage. Yojimbo evacuates the room with the object in hand and rushes past the paintings to retrieve the second object. It is right where it was left.

The moment Yojimbo takes the second one, all of the windows in the room blow out and a cold air rushes in but Yojimbo notes that he cannot see outside of the window. It's puzzling to the Terror, but Hanzo's voice cuts into his mind. Don't trust your eyes. The terror warns as Yojimbo approaches the painting to investigate it a final time.

When he looks at the painting, it is blank.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (4:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)

Zoe Barenger wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:46 pm
Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 0320
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you. Though free of fear, the environment itself is unsettling.
When Yojimbo pokes at and moves the piece of metal with his blade, nothing happens; it could even be unusually still. When he sifts the piece out of the small pool of blood, the terror reaches for it and when his hand grasps the object, there is a deafening and supernatural shriek heard from above him.

Suddenly, the environment seems to warp around the Terror again, only this time he is still within the church, but the shadows seem to be alive around him. The walls and floorboards creak and yaw as if under extreme strain. When Yojimbo moves back from the stage, several planks fall from the ceiling and impale the stage. Yojimbo evacuates the room with the object in hand and rushes past the paintings to retrieve the second object. It is right where it was left.

The moment Yojimbo takes the second one, all of the windows in the room blow out and a cold air rushes in but Yojimbo notes that he cannot see outside of the window. It's puzzling to the Terror, but Hanzo's voice cuts into his mind. Don't trust your eyes. The terror warns as Yojimbo approaches the painting to investigate it a final time.

When he looks at the painting, it is blank.
Don't trust your eyes echoes Hanzo's voice in the Terror's mind as he stares at the blank painting. He turns over the symbols in his hands, feeling if they somehow seem to fit together (ooc: if they look like they will, he will press them together in the manner in which they feel like they would fit).

If nothing seems to change, he will then close his eyes and press both symbols onto the blank painting. There must be a solution to this puzzle
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown Furthest Outskirts
Time: 0325
Conditions: Cold, dry night. Mild wind.
Other: Daunting aura, the shadows on the walls seem to be moving. Dark whispering voices surrounding you. Though free of fear, the environment itself is unsettling.
The two pieces slide perfectly into place, creating a metal locking box. When they connect, nothing happens though Yojimbo's sight seems to become hazy. When he looks at the painting again, he still sees nothing but as he strains his eyes, he can almost see the original painting. Like something is pulled over his sight, but when he presses the metal box to the painting, nothing happens.

"Return it." The voice of Ashlynn says behind him, the entity back in her form again with her palm outstretched and that same smile he remembers fondly gazing up at him. Destroy it. Hazno's voice cuts into his mind again, sounding not unlike an instructor telling his pupil to do something.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
User avatar
Yojimbo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Yojimbo »

Perception: d%/40%
JIC (20): d20
JIC (100): d%
Conditions (at the end of this post): Nightvision 1000'; Suppress Fear (4:00 remaining); See the Invisible; 10' tall (?)

You are not Ashlynn thinks the Holy Terror even as he feels the tug of her smile pulling him.

”No more tricks, spirit!” he says to the false Ash in front of him.

Yojimbo will then close his eyes and crush the box with his bare hands, destroying it.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried
Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire
Contact:

Re: Yojimbo: Unholy Intrepid

Post by Zoe Barenger »

The moment the Holy Terror crushes the objects, there is a deafening shriek that reverberates through the Holy Terror's body to the point the sheer force of it makes the terror kneel under the duress. There is a burst and small shockwave as the pieces crumble in his hands. He hears a voice echo inside the walls. "You will see me again." the voice whispers as it dies and the aura he had been feeling is gone completely.

Yojimbo stands, the floorboards creak; he walks and his footsteps sound heavy. If Yojimbo examines the paining again, it appears as a beautiful church as it did before, no dancing shadows, no hidden images. There are cobwebs in the corners and on the walls suggesting the building hasn't seen real foot traffic in a long time. When Yojimbo exits the church, the area remains quiet, as though no noise had escaped that church. With the sense of evil gone, Yojimbo sets off to return to Merctown and hopefully, his old comrades, the Heroes for Hire.

Continue posting here
Heroes for Hire AGM

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

╭∩╮(✿◠‿◠)╭∩╮
Post Reply

Return to “H4H Archive”