Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: [99] = 99
PER: 1d100: [58] = 58 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Military Fortification- 1d100: [91] = 91 , 1d100: [95] = 95 vs. 76%
To assess the bridges’ condition.

While the surroundings are no doubt very different than most of what Ronith knows, when he spots the road sign he realizes that they are getting close to home. With a surprising pang of homesickness, he also realizes that MercTown is beginning to feel like home. The feeling does little to improve Ronith’s mood during the journey, however. The devastation, the death- he sees it all on his scouting runs. Each sight breaks his heart just a little bit more- he knows that the Great Cataclysm is too big for him, and that he can’t save everyone. He knows that his primary responsibility is to his team, and to those that he can credibly save, but a voice in the back of his mind keeps growling at him. Reminding him that this is likely the Norse Ragnarok, that his sword and his strength could find no higher purpose than to serve the cause of life during this, its bleakest hour on this planet.
Grant Latham wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am"Like at St. Louis, we need to be careful with activating any magical items or casting any spells. I suspect as we get closer to Croftonland, I will not be able to safely cast magic at all. We will have to counter anything we find with brute force. I think we need to ask Ryver to leave the bowls somewhere in Paducah so that they don't interfere with our bowl and the bowl that is in the future."
Ronith nods. ”Agreed. There are too many unknowns in this situation as it is. Everyone, keep your magic as a last resort.” What will we do if this does not work? The thought occurs to Ronith for the first time, and he sighs. Too many unknowns indeed.
Virtus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm"Is this like radiation? Is it going to kill us?"
Ronith removes his helmet, shakes his head, and offers the girl a comforting smile before replying. No- it will not make you sick. The energy itself will either not affect you, or it will benefit you a little. The problem is, it benefits many other things. Some of those things are not very nice, and they can at times be drawn to places like this. Best to give them a wide berth wherever possible, and to be ready for anything wherever not. Fortunately, we are ready for anything.” Ronith is dead serious as he says this last.

Ronith eyes the fallen bridge and quickly decides it is not worth risking a crossing. ”Everyone, take a quick break here. Keep your eyes out. I shall lead the scouts to the neighboring bridges to see if either will serve our needs.” And if not, what then? Abandon the vehicles and go the rest of the way on foot? Let us hope it does not come to that.” When the other scouts are ready, Ronith will divide them into two groups, and lead one towards whichever bridge is closer to the ley lines/magic zone. There, he will try to assess the bridge’s condition and weight limit, and if necessary fly to the other bridge close by to do the same there.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [89] = 89 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [78] = 78

"Wow, you guys are really stuck on this underwater thing. OK, so when you LIVE underwater, yes you can just kinda pee wherever. And no, no one ever notices. But this one time..." Corwin of Lemuria AKA Benjamin Clifford Barry AKA Barracuda, Lord of the Bay regales all those listening of his underwater adventures and aquatic capers. When he has the time, he hangs out with Ryver and talks about the future he found himself in and what to expect if she decides to come with or not. "It's rough both ways, but if you stay behind, you have to rebuild society from the ashes. That's something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy."
Virtus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pmRyver herself seems uncomfortable with it. "Is this like radiation? Is it going to kill us?"
"This is another thing you'll have to get used to. This... is magic."

When they get to the broken down bridge, Barracuda looks down at the water and says "I can get across and scout it out if that's helpful. Even better if you send Mega KillRocket Superstar as my backup. She could clear this bridge in what, two bounces?" Looking at the map, he realizes that may not be the most useful suggestion. "Or, we could just go north or south. Whatever you think is best, Sir Ronith."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [22*] = 1
jic 1d100: [85] = 85 1d20: [4] = 4
Virtus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm Weiss is perplexed by the news Jaz gives him. "Apparently the brains here believe that there were two different events that took place when you crossed over. First there was the temporal nexus. When our bowls and theirs harmonized across the rift, it opened a temporal rift between the two times. The second thing it did was turn on the cannon. They said demons had been using the device to move their forces around the Magic Zone. They say it can do more. At any rate, the connection of the two bowls seems to have give then Hidexxus Cannon instructions on where it needed to send people, which once rift had opened, was St Louis. The cannon shot everyone to St Louis, through the temporal rift. That's what they are telling Zoe anyhow. Also you may not want to have the other set near you when you we synchronize in Croftonland. When Zoe asked what might happen, they said they didn't know, but their hesitation didn't sound encouraging."
"Well, that means that we are reliant on demons to potentially get us home, but we need to leave the bowls here anyway to ensure that we get them in the future." He sighs and rubs his temples, "I hate time travel and I hate not being able to help more people. Do they think we will return where we started or where this cannon is?"


He passes the information on to Grant.

Paducah

Virtus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm Looking at the maps they have Weiss can tell that there are other bridges both to the north and to the south.
"Two bridges and a damaged road. Potentially, those are the main routes in. If we are going to be here and possibly need to defend it, we need to sever two of these routes in completely and funnel them through the remaining one. Make it easier to defend. The area is going to hell in a handbasket anyway.
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 11, 9:00pm (evening, no moon visible)
Temperature: -6F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, moderate traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile


The darkness of night comes on. Across the river and through the leylines, lights in the city can be seen. A strong wind from the northwest blows in, dropping the temperature several degrees quickly. People shiver in the cold. Distantly the sounds of weapon fire can be heard, but no sirens are heard.

Weiss inquires further about where they will come out at. Jaz replies, "The cannon if you want to call it that, is the stone ring device. They've recollected the pieces and have moved it. They didn't disclose where but Zoe assumes to the college. You will step through in Crofton there and come out in Croftonland here. Well, that's the plan anyhow."

Barracuda spins yarns from the future when they make the river. While he speaks to the people, the survivors from St Louis stand out with their glowing eyes. His persistent efforts to scrub radiation still occupy an area of concern in the back of his mind. Grant's cleanse magic seems to get rid of the radiation, but he is all too aware of the potentials of unintended consequences.

Ashlynn scans the land ahead of them. Her previously severed arm throbs in the sudden, bitter cold. Her scars seem to leach cold into her body. Huey crawls down, into the snow. Despite his portly form, he makes a bounding and beats his wings furiously, lifting into the air, raising up and making his way to the top of a tree and watches the land below. Drifting in and out of the nearest ley line are what almost look like ephemeral birds. Member of the collegiate watch, mystified. A lilting song echos over the dark, frozen landscape. Whatever they are, they weave in and out of the ley line long into the night.

Grant does take the time to tell Ryver to leave the bowls somewhere in Paducah. "Really? I'm guessing museums aren't going to be a big thing for a few years, but that seems a bit cavalier with these things. But, as you wish. When we get into Paducah, I'll leave them there." Grant too watches the spirit birds. Their song is entrancing. Even he is unsure of what they are, but certainly unlike anything else he has encountered. They seem more akin to something from his time studying in Q845.

Ronith strikes out to evaluate the next closest bridges. To the northwest there is a railroad trestle. Looking across the river, it looks to be rather rural. To the southeast is another paved bridge, but leads directly into downtown Paducah. Lights are visible and an armed NEMA presence can be seen from this side of the river.

Barracuda explores the river. Many cars lie on the bottom, their occupants still contained within. He swims up to one of the cars to see a woman's body, almost perfectly preserved in the frigid waters. As he looks through the window, suddenly her lifeless face snaps to look at him. It claws at the window, but both the seatbelt and car contains it. Many of the other vehicles have similarly animated bodies. They can't escape their tombs any time soon, if ever.

The night grows even colder, stealing the breath out of everyone's lungs. ((The night is going to prove difficult for the people there. Which direction do you travel and what precautions are taken?))
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [69] = 69
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [42] = 42
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 20 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 100 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 20 min | 270' radius

Ryver wrote:Grant does take the time to tell Ryver to leave the bowls somewhere in Paducah. "Really? I'm guessing museums aren't going to be a big thing for a few years, but that seems a bit cavalier with these things. But, as you wish. When we get into Paducah, I'll leave them there." Grant too watches the spirit birds. Their song is entrancing. Even he is unsure of what they are, but certainly unlike anything else he has encountered. They seem more akin to something from his time studying in Q845.
"Ryver, I am not saying dump them in a ditch. But make sure they are secured in their case and hidden away. If everything works according to plan, those bowls will be found after we are gone and make their fated journey into our own hands which precipitated this journey," the Lord Magi responds to the woman.

Grant continues to test his magic to make sure he knows if it is still reliable, for the moment, it appears safe to use. With the onset of night and the freezing weather he catalogs his magic trying to find a solution. I don't have any magic to make people directly impervious to cold beyond Invincible Armor, but perhaps we can create some long lasting heat sources with some ingenuity.

To the team he says, "While I'd like to press on, I think we need to stop and set up camp. While I've assuaged hunger, anyone not in a vehicle will suffer from exposure if we can't do something to keep them warm."

He gathers the Collegiate team, "Go find a metal garbage can or drum and fill them with rocks, mega-crete (M.D. concrete) and metal. If my idea works, let's try and get one for each vehicle."
Bones heats some rocks.jpg


When the filled drum arrives, the Lord Magi inspects it for damage. It looks good, no holes, and it's filled with concrete and rebar, both should retain heat for a long time. The mage waves everyone back and then casts Impervious to Fire on the drum (BOM p97 | 5 PPE | 100 minutes). Now reinforced, Grant casts Nova Blast (DB13 p121 | 30 PPE | 20 melees | 1d4x10 M.D. Ball of Plasma). He takes a slow spin of his arm generating a basket ball size of plasma and drops it in the drum. He lets the plasma melt the contents into a pool of white hot sludge.

If successful, Grant says, "I will need to renew the magic on the drums every 90 minutes, and possibly reheat the contents each time as well. Let's get started, go find the materials and get it setup for everyone."

With the plan for heat addressed, Grant then addresses security. He goes and gathers smaller stones and looks for Ashlynn and Barracuda, "I can set up a mystical alarm around the edge of the camp, but we probably still want sentries active all night long. Do you want to come along so you can decide the edge of the camp?" If they agree, he goes with them, pulling out a stone every 10 feet and casts Mystic Alarm (BOM p95 | 5 PPE | 20 years | 12' radius). "We will need the sentries stay 12 to 15 feet away from the edge these stones define."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 , 1d100: [61] = 61
PER: 1d100: [49] = 49 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Wilderness Survival- 1d100: [67] = 67 vs. 101%
To look for firewood, and materials to help make some shelters (and build them if successful).

Assuming that the railroad trestle to the North is passable by the group’s vehicles, Ronith’s decision is easy. While it is possible that Carver has gotten through to his superiors, they likely have other things on their mind right now. It is more likely that we are branded fugitives for helping these people escape. Best to avoid NEMA wherever possible. Noting that it is getting rather late, Ronith also decides that a morning crossing is both safer for everyone and less likely to be suspicious if spotted from afar.
Grant Latham wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:52 pm"While I'd like to press on, I think we need to stop and set up camp. While I've assuaged hunger, anyone not in a vehicle will suffer from exposure if we can't do something to keep them warm."
”Agreed- Grant you do what you can, but I’d prefer not to rely exclusively on magic if at all possible. Those of you with any wilderness or survival aptitudes, with me. The rest of you, set a perimeter and a watch schedule. I shall take first and last.” Of all the times to lose Jack.

Ronith, for his part, will head into the nearby wilds for anything he can recover that would help with sheltering the refugees- firewood in particular, but anything large enough to serve as a shelter for people, as well. If he has time after, he’ll do a last scout of the railroad trestle to try and confirm that it’s safe, then return to camp and settle in for his watches.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [99] = 99

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [61] = 61

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Alerted by Huey, Ashlynn scans the landscape, and sees the mystical bird-forms in the distance. She points them out to the collegiate mages, and they watch the birds in silence. 'There's things of beauty still in the world'... that's what Pangur Ban used to tell me. I guess this is one of 'em. Long as we don't get too close and find out they're carnivores or whatever.

She turns to Huey, cavorting in the snow. She laughs and tosses a small snowball at him.

When Ronith discusses scouting the Bridge, Ashlynn is ready to go.
Barracuda wrote:"I can get across and scout it out if that's helpful. Even better if you send Mega KillRocket Superstar as my backup. She could clear this bridge in what, two bounces?"
She grins extra widely. "Two bounces EASY."

However, before they can make a plan, Ronith is off, scouting out the other river crossings.
Grant wrote:"While I'd like to press on, I think we need to stop and set up camp. While I've assuaged hunger, anyone not in a vehicle will suffer from exposure if we can't do something to keep them warm."
Ashlynn nods. "Roger that. I'll get 'em prepped."

As the sun sets, the bitterness of the cold multiplies, and Ashlynn begins to try to prep everyone for a long cold night. If we keep the engine in the APC going, and keep people huddled up for warmth, they'll make it. We took plenty of blankets for these folk when we left. Engine and body heat should do the rest. Keep the kids and the weak toward the center of the huddle, and we should all make it.

She begins distributing blankets and whatnot, and telling people to huddle up for warmth. "It's gonna be a cold one tonight - you're gonna wanna huddle up under these blankets. Watch your lips and finger tips. If they start to lose color, start moving - get your heart rate up."

Later, Grant pulls Ashlynn and Barracuda aside.
Grant wrote: "I can set up a mystical alarm around the edge of the camp, but we probably still want sentries active all night long. Do you want to come along so you can decide the edge of the camp?We will need the sentries stay 12 to 15 feet away from the edge these stones define."

Ashlynn nods, smiling. "That's a great idea - it'll be good to have a defense that don't require a bunch of us standing sentry with our giblets freezin' off."

She'll walk the perimeter of the camp, maintaining a good distance between the APCs and any other natural perimeter-setting landmarks (trees, buildings, etc.) so that there's a good field of vision.

Remembering her time(s) as gunner in the Blue Beauty, she notes "I think Weiss' Blue Beauty has a thermal imager? That might be helpful for keeping watch - unless we get attacked by somethin' cold. But it's good to have multiple layers of security, right?"
Last edited by Ashlynn on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [29] = 29
Barracuda careens from vehicle to vehicle underwater until he comes across the perfectly preserved deceased woman. Not the worst thing I've seen, but no less tragic. Not everyone can breathe underwater. Most land folk can't. Barracuda's internal monologue is disrupted when the eyes of the drowned woman snap open and she begins clawing at the windshield. GAAH! Barracuda instinctively darts backward and away from the car. Seeing that it's incapable of freeing itself, he gets closer to observe for a moment. Zombies. I hate zombies.

Returning to land, Barracuda reports in. "Lots of cars trapped in the river, everyone is either dead or a zombie. They're not getting out of those cars anytime soon."

Barracuda goes with Grant and Ashlynn to determine the borders of the camp. "I know magic is dangerous right now, but if this Sustain Talisman works as it's supposed to, I can act as a sentry for most of the night. I've got hearing like a dolphin."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [61] = 61
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 234 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
Ronith wrote:”Agreed- Grant you do what you can, but I’d prefer not to rely exclusively on magic if at all possible. Those of you with any wilderness or survival aptitudes, with me. The rest of you, set a perimeter and a watch schedule. I shall take first and last.” Of all the times to lose Jack.
Keiko volunteers to go with Ronith, "I've been out on my own before. Quite skilled in tracking and survival situations. I'll go with you. Also I can help scout the bridge as well. Even without magic I'm adept at remaining hidden." Keiko goes with Ronith to find mundane means of keeping warm. Keiko is also on the look out for any potential threats to their safety as well. As they forage for materials and supplies Keiko shivers. Damn it cold. My fur is usually a good barrier but this is even getting to me. Ronith doesn't seem too bothered by it. He must be very disciplined. He makes it seem like nothing here is affecting him, but I bet he is carrying a lot under his professional mannerisms. Well we are all dealing with our own demons.


Wilderness Survival -- 1d100: [6] = 6 /65% (Find wood and other useful items to keep people warm)
Tracking: People -- 1d100: [26] = 26 /60% (Ensure there are no other tracks of people in our are waiting in ambush)
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [46*] = 1
jic 1d100: [68] = 68 1d20: [16] = 16

Conditions
Sustain | BOM 109 | 20 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Ronith wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:37 am ”Agreed- Grant you do what you can, but I’d prefer not to rely exclusively on magic if at all possible. Those of you with any wilderness or survival aptitudes, with me. The rest of you, set a perimeter and a watch schedule. I shall take first and last.” Of all the times to lose Jack.
"I can build some shelters. Take the edge off." Weiss suggests, "won't hold up for too long, but certainly last the night coupled with Grant's fires. If we can procure a some building materials, we can try for something stronger at where we decide to wait. Keep the weaker people inside the vehicles, not comfortable but at least they will be warmer."

A roof over their head will make people feel a lot better.

Weiss will direct people to gather spare materials that can be found; wood, metal, sheets of whatever that can be assembled into rudimentary shelters. He keeps as professional as possible though a few things are churning him up inside.

General Repair & Maintenance 109% 1d100<98: [17*] = 1
Military Fortifications 1d100<44: [47] = 0
Ashlynn wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am Remembering her time(s) as gunner in the Blue Beauty, she notes "I think Weiss' Blue Beauty has a thermal imager? That might be helpful for keeping watch - unless we get attacked by somethin' cold. But it's good to have multiple layers of security, right?"
"Very true, take the opportunity to rest and run the sensors in the Beauty whilst I build some shelters." Weiss offers to Ash and to the soldier who has been acting as Gunner. "We take shifts, scan with sensors, rest or walk the perimeter."


old rolls that didn't discharge previously
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100<56: [59] = 0
jic 1d100: [18] = 18
jic 1d20: [1] = 1
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<30: [9*] = 1
Robot Piloting 1d100<98: [48*] = 1
Perception 1d100<56: [64] = 0
jic 1d100: [51] = 51
1d20: [8] = 8
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:00am (evening, no moon visible)
Temperature: -12 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, moderate traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Nexus Present within 1 mile
Open Rifts within 1 mile
The night grows very still as the temperature plummets further. Nothing moves in this frigid cold and the only sound beyond the camp is the sound of trees groaning and bursting in the deep forest. The cold is sharp in nostril and lung.

Grant moves quickly in concert with others in the group. Using his quick wit he conceives a plan to generator large amounts of heat. Blue finds use as construction equipment, tearing up pieces of road to serve for Grant's components. The material is certainly mega-crete like at the least and performs as he expects to the great pleasure of those shivering violently in the bitter cold. There are no drums to be had, but the mega-crete works well anyhow. The plasma ball spits and sparks in an unusual manner. Otherwise it behaves as he expects.

Ronith and Keiko scout the way across the railroad bridge and finds it clear. They both can see there were troops and equipment here earlier but apparently moved away. There are a couple stores close by, but both looked to have been hit already.

Ashlynn hands out blankets and prepares people while encouraging them. Many people thank her. Ashlynn's personality has made many of the people fond of her. This has earned her more than a couple admirers among the throng, finding a few young men following her around and trying to be helpful or assist her in her efforts, whether or not she understands their efforts. She inquires with Weiss about performing thermal scans. If John does so, he sees this:
► Show Spoiler
Barracuda walks perimeter, looking for signs of trouble. Almost nothing moves however. The group has stopped in what amounts to a nature preserve. Occasionally a tree suddenly crashes to the ground on limbs and even trunks burst in the frigid cold.

Blue finds many uses in the early night, both scanning for activity beyond visual range and also constructing makeshift shelters out of abandoned cars that were left on the road. Not unlike the hospital earlier, they make reasonably useful building blocks.

Early morning comes, begin moving across the train bridge. Going is treacherous and slow. Weiss has to use Blue several times to move vehicles over the trestle as slide and get stuck on the irregular path. The ice below creaks and breaks against the bridge's foundations in the river below but eventually they make it over.

As they pass their future home, to the north Grant and Keiko easily sense the nexus they know in their own time, though even now they can see there is an additional ley line that must cross at the same intersection, if not nearby. The sound of combat emerges from the city, less than a mile away. They both sense the emergence of a large rift.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 , 1d100: [52] = 52
PER: 1d100: [80] = 80 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.


Prowl: 1d100: [9] = 9 vs. 106%
To remain concealed during reconnaissance.
Ashlynn wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am"Two bounces EASY."
Ronith smiles in response to the ever-enthusiastic young lady. ”While I appreciate your gusto, ah… ‘bouncing’ is not exactly a stealthy approach. I think I can handle it- besides, you have a more important role to play Ashlynn. I have noticed the rapport you have established with some of the refugees- you can help keep them calm and safe, right here. I know it is not the most glamorous work in the world, but make no mistake- they need you at least as much as they need me right now.”
Barracuda wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:17 pm"I know magic is dangerous right now, but if this Sustain Talisman works as it's supposed to, I can act as a sentry for most of the night. I've got hearing like a dolphin."
Ronith nods. ”Barracuda and I can stagger our sleep such that at least one of us is on guard at all times. The rest of you should try to get what rest you can. We are not out of this yet.” And some people will never get out. Ronith thinks sadly as he looks over the camp, and farther away to the untold numbers of humanity’s defenders who shall fall in the days ahead.

After Ronith and Keiko return, Ronith does a sweep of the camp to make sure everyone’s basic needs are being met, that no-one is missing or out in the cold, and that the perimeter is clear. If Weiss reports the thermal signatures, Ronith will investigate as discreetly as he can- if necessary, leaping across to the other side of the river to take a closer look. The cyber-knight’s eyes narrow upon seeing the gargoylites, and he casts his vision around- looking for any of their kin or anyone they might have been fighting (or feeding upon). Though it is against his nature to allow a supernatural predator to live when he can safely put it down, these beings are no apparent danger and to kill them while they are so helpless would betray the spirit of the code. It is not worth giving up the element of surprise, either. I should withdraw. Weiss and I can keep an eye on them from across the river. Ronith will briefly activate his sense evil power to sweep the area, but assuming he finds nothing particularly concerning he will then withdraw as quietly as he cross.

That night, even the few hours of rest that Ronith needs don’t come easy. He kept thinking about Carver, about all the people he just let walk away, or left to some horrid fate. He tried to keep his focus on his primary responsibility, to getting the team home, and on the fact that he was probably giving the refugees their best shot possible for a better life. If they stayed here, even if they surprised, they would live out the rest of their lives in the violent, unpredictable aftermath of one of the greatest tragedies to ever befall the Megaverse. The losses would never stop, only slow. Ronith couldn’t help but admire such tenacity, and wondered if it was wrong not to lend every ounce of his strength to protect it. It was one of the most restless nights of his life. When the time came to resume his watch, Ronith was all too eager to leave his bedroll behind.

The next morning Ronith is up early and marshalls everyone into marching order, taking point as usual. He can’t help but feel a little excited as they pick through Paducah, looking for any signs of the MercTown they will know some 400ish years in the future. Upon hearing the sounds of combat, Ronith holds up one arm to call a brief halt. He will look in that direction, and try to assess how close the battle is to the ley line nexus- and to trouble (consulting with Grant and/or Keiko as necessary). The cyber-knight thinks for a moment, tempted to just proceed on their way. No- we still have a week or two to wait for the full moon. If there is a rift, there is no telling how long it will stay open or what will come through it- it will have to be monitored. That means securing the immediate vicinity. Sighing softly to himself, Ronith turns to (or radios) the commander of Last Dance and says ”Commander, take over. Keep them moving towards our destination- the rest of us will catch up.” Then, to Heroes for Hire, he says ”Alright Heroes for Hire- form up on me. We are going to investigate the battle. Keep it quiet until we know what we are up against.” Once the others are ready, Ronith takes his hovercycle and moves out (slowly, to ensure that he can still be stealthy).
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [44] = 44

Barracuda reacts to a sound in the distance. It sounds like a crack and then a snow padded crash. "Just another tree. Nothing to worry about." The hero walks the perimeter of camp repeatedly, on the lookout for trouble. When nothing comes for hours, he starts to entertain himself by digging patterns into the snow as he walks.

When Ronith takes over, Corwin finds a nice quiet place to get some rest and dozes off.

In the morning, Corwin is up with the sun and feels decently rested thanks to the magic provided him by Grant. He resumes his place at the head of the procession and provides enhanced hearing as his main scouting ability. When he hears the commotion in town, he reports back to Ronith. "Sounds like there's a battle happening a mile ahead." Upon Ronith's commands, Barracuda heads to investigate the battle. If the river leads to the site of the battle, Barracuda will scout ahead via swimming.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [76] = 76
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [87] = 87
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.:
  • Strike with Draining Blade: 1d20+15 Damage: 4d6 M.D. plus life drain or Blast with Lightning Arc: 1d20+4 Damage: 8d6+40 M.D.
    /94
  • P.P.E.: 937/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 100 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 20 min | 270' radius



The Lord Magi had found a central spot once the issue of the cold had been dealt with and mediated between summons to renew his magic workings. The behavior of his magic other than some minor flaring and containment issues appeared to still be working normally. There's still plenty of time to get to the nexus, does it make sense to pause somewhere fortified where there is still some magical stability? Or push on and wait at our destination?

With the break of day, or what passes for day. Grant moves along with everyone else as they move ever closer to what would be the MercTown nexus, he can't help but remark to Keiko, "Can you sense it, there's three ley lines in this area, one of them must be unusually weak and will eventually fade by our time." His tone is a bad sad at the thought of one of the ley lines 'dying' in the future. When Sir Ronith's call comes to investigate the city, some of Grant's ennui goes away. I will learn it's (the ley line's) name, and perhaps it will tell me a story. When we return to the future, I will remind the two that remains of their sibling and we can keep it's memory alive in our minds if not our hearts. The flare of a rift isn't surprising, but he does let the group know, "With the uncontrolled nexus, whomever is fighting inside the city is going to have a losing battle. It's only the strength of the Collegiate Arcane in our time that has allowed Merc-Town to thrive at such a location. Be wary, the battle may be against many different foes."

If they cross into one of the ley lines, he sums a Ley Line Observation Ball (5 M.D.C. 30 mph, 2500' range) and set's it moving ahead of them.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 79% /84% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [52] = 52 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [23] = 23

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Ronith wrote:”While I appreciate your gusto, ah… ‘bouncing’ is not exactly a stealthy approach. I think I can handle it- besides, you have a more important role to play Ashlynn. I have noticed the rapport you have established with some of the refugees- you can help keep them calm and safe, right here. I know it is not the most glamorous work in the world, but make no mistake- they need you at least as much as they need me right now.”
Ashlynn nods. "I understand, Sir Ronith." She smiles. "I'll do all I can to get 'em through the night an' the cold an' all." I just hope they're learning what it takes to survive in this new world... 'cause they ain't gettin' their old one back.

Ashlynn will take shifts in Blue Beauty, monitoring the thermal imager, and walking the perimeter. In between, she checks in on the refugees, crowded into vehicles and around superheated mega-crete firepits for warmth.Anyone freezing she directs to the inside of the group for warmth, or closer to the heat source.

In the morning, as they detect signs of the battle, Ashlynn will bounce over when Ronith summons the H4H.
Ronith wrote:”Alright Heroes for Hire- form up on me. We are going to investigate the battle. Keep it quiet until we know what we are up against.”
Ashlynn nods. She waits on activating her energy shield - it's telltale glow would void any attempts at stealth, lighting them up like a beacon in the dark, so instead she unclips her laser sword and carries it in her hand, not yet activated but at the ready.

With her combat exoskeleton augmenting her attempts to prowl, she moves as silently as she can toward the sound of the combat, hoping that the sound of the fighting will mask any missteps.

Prowl 45% 1d100: [42] = 42 (SUCCESS)

If they make it to the combat, she attempts to suss out the sides, looking for leaders.

Eyeball a Fella 80% 1d100: [83] = 83 (FAIL)
History: Post-Apocalypse 80/75% 1d100: [29] = 29 (try to identify combatants by their uniforms/fighting style/etc. per historical reports - SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100: [62] = 62 (try to identify any demons or monsters present - FAIL)

If her scouting reveals any actionable intel, she will report this to Ronith via radio.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [77] = 0
jic 1d100: [93] = 93 1d20: [1] = 1

Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Virtus wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:10 am Blue finds use as construction equipment, tearing up pieces of road to serve for Grant's components.
After all this, I'm really going to have to give you a major overhaul. All this can not be good for the joints and systems in this weather. He picks up another piece of road
Virtus wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:10 am She inquires with Weiss about performing thermal scans. If John does so, he sees this: Several forms on the far side of the river have a diminished heat signature that dims over time further.
"Frak, we have heat signatures across the river and they are diminishing quickly. No idea if they are dangerous or not. If somebody heads across I will cover them and with any luck it will be people we need to rescue." he reports. Making my way across the river might get us noticed, so best some of the others go.
Virtus wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:10 am Blue finds many uses in the early night, both scanning for activity beyond visual range and also constructing makeshift shelters out of abandoned cars that were left on the road. Not unlike the hospital earlier, they make reasonably useful building blocks.

Early morning comes, begin moving across the train bridge. Going is treacherous and slow. Weiss has to use Blue several times to move vehicles over the trestle as slide and get stuck on the irregular path. The ice below creaks and breaks against the bridge's foundations in the river below but eventually they make it over.
Thank frak for sustain spells. Otherwise I'd be glueing my eyes open ... again Weiss keeps working until he needs to sleep. He was going to keep as many people alive as possible.
Ronith wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:35 am Then, to Heroes for Hire, he says ”Alright Heroes for Hire- form up on me. We are going to investigate the battle. Keep it quiet until we know what we are up against.” Once the others are ready, Ronith takes his hovercycle and moves out (slowly, to ensure that he can still be stealthy).
Weiss nods and mounts up in the Beauty. Reactor output can still be detected, so best to keep to the rear. I've got the best range anyway!

"Best I hang back a bit. The Beauty isn't one for stealth, but I should be able to enter combat range pretty swiftly." He keeps the sensors sharp and does what he can to hide the reactor output of the Beauty so that they aren't detected.

Sensory Equipment 74% (+5%) (Frozen) 1d100<74: [93] = 0 Electronic Countermeasures 69% (+5%) 1d100<69: [7*] = 1
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [98] = 98
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Grant Latham wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:31 pm
With the break of day, or what passes for day. Grant moves along with everyone else as they move ever closer to what would be the MercTown nexus, he can't help but remark to Keiko, "Can you sense it, there's three ley lines in this area, one of them must be unusually weak and will eventually fade by our time." His tone is a bad sad at the thought of one of the ley lines 'dying' in the future. When Sir Ronith's call comes to investigate the city, some of Grant's ennui goes away. I will learn it's (the ley line's) name, and perhaps it will tell me a story. When we return to the future, I will remind the two that remains of their sibling and we can keep it's memory alive in our minds if not our hearts. The flare of a rift isn't surprising, but he does let the group know, "With the uncontrolled nexus, whomever is fighting inside the city is going to have a losing battle. It's only the strength of the Collegiate Arcane in our time that has allowed Merc-Town to thrive at such a location. Be wary, the battle may be against many different foes."
Keiko smiles at Grant's emotional reactions to the ley lines, "Yes. I have been able to sense them for a while now. But my senses are more attuned to the dimensional realm, so while I can feel them, I have been feeling nearly every single dimensional disturbance in over 100 miles. It's quite irritating. They seem to be rampant in this time. I'm glad things settled down in our time. I actually have not been to MercTown before. I passed by a few time but never had a reason to stop there. And actually after I met my late husband, I didn't stay on earth much. I was always bouncing between different dimensions. I came back to earth several times for jobs, but never stayed for any amount of time. Despite being born and raised on earth, I never really called it home." Keiko shrugs as if this is just another dimensional trip for her. While her tone seems cheery, her shoulders slump slightly as it seems she is remembering something she'd rather not. I will find who killed you Devon. I will.

When Ronith directs everyone to investigate the sounds of combat, Keiko grins, "Time to see what all the excitement is about." Keeping magic to a minimum Keiko relies on her natural stealth over any cast magic to move with the others quietly to investigate. She does move her bow to her hands incase she needs to quickly engage a threat.

If Keiko see's a building with a good vantage point of the area she will move to climb to the top of it and give herself an elevated view of the combat.

Prowl -- 1d100: [47] = 47 /65% (Move Quitely)
Climbing -- 1d100: [72] = 72 /95% (Climb to an elevated position to overwatch and report on the combat below)
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:30am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile

MAP
Funny enough, their path finds them crossing a ley line. Both Grant and Keiko notice an odd effect. The survivors from St Louis glow with a blue light. Even as their eyes become brilliant, the ley line they stand on ebs slightly, but enough for the magic users to notice. Some of the survivors complain of vertigo. Grant and Keiko can sense they are holding significant amounts of energy. Fortunately their path away takes them off the ley line as the effects on them are unknown. Some have already began the training under Grant to control this aspect, but their ability to absorb PPE seems difficult for them to control. Away from the ley line these effects dim, much to the comfort of all the other survivors who are wholly unnerved by the display.

As the sounds of battle kick off the rogue commander from Carbondale takes Ronith's order and moves everyone out along the path Ronith instructed. Everyone watches them go, their breath steaming in what light is available.

They are on the southern reaches of Paducah, much larger than what they are used to. Everyone refocuses on the sounds of battle to the north. The dark sky lights up with energy weapons, missiles and other explosions. Grant notices what might be magic flashing under those clouds. Some or all of Gallows Twelve accompany them (if requested). Making all haste across the frozen landscape, snowing flying around them, they feel foreboding. Grant and Keiko know this to be the effects of a super nexus. This seems troubling to the magic duo.

Barracuda looks for a water route but it's too far to go back from this point so moves towards the sounds of death.

Heroes for Hire dart from building to build and structure to structure as fast as they can. Ashlynn and Huey bounce with great puffs of snow on departure and arrive. They zigzag through Paducah seeing some people looking out windows, though as they near the battle, there is no one. They arrive in a shopping center parking lot which still has power! The lights from within still glow. Weaving their way between the snow mounds that hide cars and the light poles in the parking lot, which are mostly illuminated from the generators that are doubtlessly power them. Or at least it has a generator. Cars cover the parking lot, snowed in an unable to move. The sound of combat roars just the other side of the department store. However, what they notice immediately is atop the building is roughly 20 large bodied beings in armor. They stand close to 10 feet tall and have many technological weapons. Lasers, rail guns and more are counted among their armaments.

Ashlynn spies the beings and can see they are experienced combatants. They exude confidence which suggests there are more of them.

A bit back from the rest of H4H is Weiss in the Blue Beauty. The giant robot stoops down behind a grocery store. One of the unique features of the UAR's are the sensor mast. It projects above the grocery store and gives Weiss a perfect view while only exposing a small portion. He reads hundreds of signatures. The radio traffic is heavy and encrypted and the interference is heavy as well. With the mast above the building Weiss is able to focus Blue's transmission to more effectively communicate with the rest of H4H in the forward position.

Keiko looks for an advantageous position, which is exactly where those beings are.


((Combat posts, no one has been noticed yet, though that situation may not last long))
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 ; 1d100: [16] = 16
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 94 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
Keiko notes the odd absorption of PPE by the civilians as the pass through the leyline. That is odd. Keiko looks to Grant, "You saw that right? I thought you could only absorb PPE intentionally. They seemed to do it by accident. I've never seen such a thing occur before. What do you make of it?"

As they close on the fighting Keiko's mind is in overdrive. I haven't felt this kind of impending doom since Devon was killed. There is a massive rift open near us. How can one area hold so much magic energy. I've felt power before when Splougs would use the pyramids but this is on a completely different level. As Keiko moves with the rest of H4H she keeps her eyes moving about. Always watching checking her surroundings. As they arrive to the battle and Keiko sees the beings on the roof, right where she wanted to go, she freezes for a moment. No...Shit. What are they doing here?!? Keiko motions for those close to her to huddle up for a moment out of the line of sight of the Overlords, Keiko hopes Ronith is near by and able to move to her. "I don't know why they are here, but those beings on the roof are Splugorth Overlords. They are the main fighting force of the Splugorth. If they are here it's not by coincidence and they are not going to be alone. If we face them it will be the same as facing an enemy from our time. Expect magic and modern weapons and armor. It will be to the death. Ours or theirs. To surrender to them is to give yourself over to a life a servitude and terror." Keiko's normally cheery attitude is gone. Her fur is puffy and her hand is trembling slightly. Keiko is genuinely scared of this potential fight. However her eyes are hard and determined to make it through. "I can try and lock a few in time to lower the numbers but they will be able to identify my magic easily. It's highly sought after in Atlantis. Otherwise I recommend focusing our attacks on one target at a time to quickly lower their numbers. I can buff everyone like I did last time if you want. But they might feel the magic being used."

Keiko will ready herself for combat and attempt to cast Fighting Spirit on all H4H personnel. She will prioritize ranged Combat first and engage targets with others to help drop them faster. Keiko will try and fire from behind some form of cover to help keep herself partly concealed.

(-20 PPE per cast equals -160 PPE for all of H4H Taken from the Energy Sphere)

Code: Select all

 [*] Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
Combat:
APM: 8
AOI: 50/50 MDC
Invincible Armor: 250/250 MDC
Tesla Effect:
Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Init: 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10

Action 1: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [6, 2, 6, 4] = 18 x2= 36 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 2: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 4, 2] = 9 x2= 18 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 3: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 5, 3] = 19 + Tesla Effect
Action 4: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 6, 6] = 16 x2= 32 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 5: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 ; Damage: 4d6: [1, 3, 2, 4] = 10 + Tesla Effect
Action 6: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 1, 3, 6] = 16 + Tesla Effect
Action 7: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 5, 6, 3] = 16 + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Tesla Bow strike on group target overlord; Strike: 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 1, 1] = 11 + Tesla Effect

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 ; 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 ; 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 ; 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 ; 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 ; 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 ; 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 ; 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13

Auto-Parry: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 ; 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 ; 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 ; 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 ; 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 ; 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 ; 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 ; 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17

Contingencies:
- If AOI goes down Keiko will burn an action to immediately reactivate AOI from her armor.
- If an enemy closes into melee with her she will draw her axe and engage in melee with the target (-6 from above strike total. Damage is the same without tesla effect.
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [45] = 45
PER: 1d100: [50] = 50 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
36m00s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
,
20m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.


Prowl: 1d100: [2] = 2 vs. 106%
To remain concealed while he moves to attack.
Tumbling: 1d100: [24] = 24 vs. 106-10%=96%
Climbing: 1d100: [10] = 10 vs. 146-10% = 136%
To jump/climb onto the roof as quickly and quietly as possible.
Weiss wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:05 pm"Best I hang back a bit. The Beauty isn't one for stealth, but I should be able to enter combat range pretty swiftly."
”Acknowledged. Take Daisuke with you in case you need to make a quick retreat. See if you cannot find a discreet path around the combatants, otherwise try and locate a defensible position and wait for my signal. Either way keep an eye out- if things go south we may need fire support.”

When they pass through the ley line, Ronith pauses momentarily to draw from its energies ((+ 1d6+1: [3]+1 = 4 ISP)) in order to activate extended presence sense ((-8 ISP)). Ronith keeps a wary eye on the others who begin to glow with magical energy, with a glance at both of the mages on his own team, but so long as his sixth sense gives no sign of impending danger he will affect a relaxed posture- both hands close to but definitely not touching his pistols. The… super nexus? Gives Ronith pause, and he will briefly confer with Grant, Keiko, and any collegiate mages who happen to be handy. But ultimately, no-one seems to know so Ronith just grits his teeth and leans once again upon his sixth sense.

Once it’s time to investigate the fighting, Ronith leaves his hovercycle in the team APC and joins the others on foot. While his enhanced optics are nothing compared to the Beauty’s sensors, they get the job done and Ronith needs little help in recognizing a group of Splugorth overlords. The Splugorth! Already? Blast! Ronith’s mind races, and eyes dart, as he takes in the tactical situation and tries to decide what to do.
Keiko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm"I can try and lock a few in time to lower the numbers but they will be able to identify my magic easily. It's highly sought after in Atlantis. Otherwise I recommend focusing our attacks on one target at a time to quickly lower their numbers. I can buff everyone like I did last time if you want. But they might feel the magic being used."
Ronith weighs his options, then nods. ”Do it. We are likely heavily outnumbered, and need every edge we can get. I doubt they will sense low-level spellcasting at such a distance, given the current conditions around the ley line nexus.” While Keiko does her work, Ronith whips up a quick briefing. ”We cannot allow the Splugorth to gain a foothold here. I shall get onto the rooftop quietly Ronith resists the urge to look at certain others of the team, ”and attack their emplacement. The rest of you, either accompany me and ascend the roof while the Overlords are distracted, or take cover and provide firing support. Once we secure the rooftop, we try to get a better picture of what is going on, and assist any NEMAns or civilians who may need it.” With luck, word of our escape will not have made it this far during such a chaotic time. If it has, hopefully this will barter us some good will.

Once everyone is ready, Ronith regards the pre-dawn gloom and cloaks himself in a shadow meld ((-10 PPE)) then, he sets out across the parking lot. Ronith will try to prioritize speed and stealth equally highly, sticking to the shadows wherever possible. As he approaches the rooftop, he will accelerate into a run as soon as he is close enough to attempt a leap onto the rooftop. If necessary, he will boost himself telekinetically (max jump height without TK is ~32 feet). Once he is on the rooftop, Ronith lands in a somersault, and comes to his feet with weapons quick-drawn. He will then attempt to decapitate the closest overlords, although if the experienced cyber-knight identifies a more threatening minion (e.g., conservator or powerlord) he will switch to engage them.

Initiative: 1d20+19: [11]+19 = 30
APM: 8+2 = 10

Attack 1: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [10]+25 = 35 , 1d6*20: [2]*20 = 40 MD
Attack 2: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [19]+25 = 44 , 1d6*20: [3]*20 = 60 x2= 120 MD
Attack 3: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [7]+25 = 32 , 1d6*20: [4]*20 = 80 MD
Attack 4: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [19]+25 = 44 , 1d6*20: [6]*20 = 120 x2= 240 MD
Attack 5: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [5]+25 = 30 , 1d6*20: [1]*20 = 20 MD
Attack 6: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [8]+25 = 33 , 1d6*20: [6]*20 = 120 MD
Attack 7: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [17]+25 = 42 , 1d6*20: [4]*20 = 80 MD
Attack 8: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [10]+25 = 35 , 1d6*20: [5]*20 = 100 MD
Attack 9: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [12]+25 = 37 , 1d6*20: [1]*20 = 20 MD
Attack 10: Strike with Frostfang; 1d20+25: [3]+25 = 28 , 1d6*20: [1]*20 = 20 MD

Auto-parries with Skyrender: 1d20+29: [13]+29 = 42 , 1d20+29: [15]+29 = 44 , 1d20+29: [11]+29 = 40 , 1d20+29: [9]+29 = 38 , 1d20+29: [7]+29 = 36 , 1d20+29: [20]+29 = 49 , 1d20+29: [5]+29 = 34 , 1d20+29: [2]+29 = 31 , 1d20+29: [12]+29 = 41 , 1d20+29: [7]+29 = 36
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [74] = 74 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [2] = 2

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • (at end of round) Talisman of Invulnerability | + 50 MDC
Ashlynn and Huey make their way through the bitter cold to spy the combat in the reaches of Paducah. Seeing the giants bristling with weapons equivalent to her time's she knows these are beings from a rift, and powerful, so she stops to wait for a plan.
Keiko wrote: "I don't know why they are here, but those beings on the roof are Splugorth Overlords. They are the main fighting force of the Splugorth. If they are here it's not by coincidence and they are not going to be alone. If we face them it will be the same as facing an enemy from our time. Expect magic and modern weapons and armor. It will be to the death. Ours or theirs. To surrender to them is to give yourself over to a life a servitude and terror. I can try and lock a few in time to lower the numbers but they will be able to identify my magic easily. It's highly sought after in Atlantis. Otherwise I recommend focusing our attacks on one target at a time to quickly lower their numbers. I can buff everyone like I did last time if you want. But they might feel the magic being used."
She sees Keiko's normally chipper demeanor waning - like her own has done a time or two since Jack died - and she gives the Felinoid a wide smile. "Don't worry, Keiko! I won't let 'em take ya!" She unclips her laser sword. "I'm gonna give 'em the business."

Somehow.

Ronith wrote:”Do it. We are likely heavily outnumbered, and need every edge we can get. I doubt they will sense low-level spellcasting at such a distance, given the current conditions around the ley line nexus. We cannot allow the Splugorth to gain a foothold here. I shall get onto the rooftop quietly...”
Ashlynn's lips flatten to a line. "Hey."
Ronith wrote:”...and attack their emplacement. The rest of you, either accompany me and ascend the roof while the Overlords are distracted, or take cover and provide firing support. Once we secure the rooftop, we try to get a better picture of what is going on, and assist any NEMAns or civilians who may need it.”
Ashlynn nods. "Roger dodger, boss!"

As Ronith takes off across the gloom and snow, she gives him a few moments before following, so her footfalls don't give away his position. She looks to Huey. "Huey, fella, stay back. These guys are bad news!" Then, once he has covered about half the ground, she begins her attack run, bouncing to gain height and hopefully land on the rooftop after Ronith does.

With that, she will follow Keiko's advice, focusing her attacks on Ronith's chosen target first.

Prowl 45% 1d100: [5] = 5 (try to make a quiet but swift approach - CRIT. SUCCESS!)

Initiative: 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28

APM: 10

Action 1: Stand and wait for Ronith to clear ground.
Action 2: Begin her approach, bounce-travelling to gain height enough to clear the wall and land on the roof.
Multi-Tasking Action 2: Activate Laser Sword
Action 3: Bounce to roof (bounce height is 60', should be plenty)
Multi-Tasking Action 3: Activate Energy Shield
Action 4: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 ; Damage 5d6: [4, 5, 6, 6, 6] = 27 MD
Multi-Tasking Action 4: Activate Talisman of Invulnerability (+50 MDC)
Action 5: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 ; Damage 5d6: [3, 5, 4, 2, 5] = 19 MD
Action 6: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; Damage 5d6: [6, 5, 2, 1, 2] = 16 MD
Action 7: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 ; Damage 5d6: [1, 5, 4, 1, 5] = 16 MD
Action 8: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 ; Damage 5d6: [4, 4, 2, 2, 4] = 16 MD
Action 9: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 ; Damage 5d6: [2, 1, 3, 5, 5] = 16 MD
Action 10: Strike Ronith's Target with Laser Sword 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; Damage 5d6: [1, 6, 1, 1, 4] = 13 MD

Parries (with Energy Shield): 1) 1d20+16: [17]+16 = 33 ; 2) 1d20+16: [13]+16 = 29 ; 3) 1d20+16: [12]+16 = 28 ; 4) 1d20+16: [5]+16 = 21 ; 5) 1d20+16: [7]+16 = 23 ; 6) 1d20+16: [19]+16 = 35 ; 7) 1d20+16: [20]+16 = 36 (Nat. 20!); 8) 1d20+16: [15]+16 = 31 ; 9) 1d20+16: [6]+16 = 22 ; 10) 1d20+16: [12]+16 = 28

Auto-Dodges: 1) 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; 3) 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; 4) 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 5) 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 ; 6) 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 ; 7) 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; 8) 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; 9) 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 10) 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15

Contingent action If A Splugorth hits her in melee and she fails a parry or dodge, she will sacrifice actions - if necessary - to roll with the hit.

Roll with damage: 1) 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; 2) 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; 3) v; 4) 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; 5) 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 ; 6) 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; 7) 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 ; 8) 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; 9) 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 ; 10) 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [48] = 48
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 656/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 400 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 100 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 40 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 100 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 100 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 120 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 20 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 20 min | 270' radius

Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes


When the team cross the ley line, Grant stops enjoying the line's energy, he uses his link to the line and traces it's direction and length. A slight frown crosses his face for a minute, before a grin takes over. "The line moves in the future!" The location of the nexus appears to current be across the river. "There is a super nexus ahead of us as well."

Keiko's comment causes him to come back to the moment and look at the refugees. "They do seem to have an affinity for the lines even greater than my own. However, relax and feel the reservoir of magical energy within you. Find it's level, can you not feel the line's energy permeating your body. Not as fast as when you focus your will, but it's there ever so gradually providing
10 PPE per 30 minutes without resting on a ley line
. At the nexus, the effect will be even stronger."


Lore: Demons and Monsters 134% vs 1d100: [96] = 96 | Identify the splugorth minions

Upon Keiko's pronouncement who the large beings are, the mage nods in agreement. "Here on the ley line, both ours and their destructive potential is enhanced. Based on the distance from the nexus, magic attacks will be about twice as damaging, along with range and duration. They have limited magic, but they are experts in what they can do."

We are about 400 feet away from this group, my defensive magic against the storm is only about 200' in diameter, so I can get to about 300' safely, Grant thinks, They are exposed to the storm's effects unless they've got their own magic to protect them, but Overlords aren't know for casting magic on their own. They'd have other minions, or possibly a high lord out there. I need to watch for a spell caster and quickly counter them.

Grant nods his head in agreement as Sir Ronith recommends finding away around the Splugorth, but then shakes his head, when the knight states he is going to engage them. "Before you leave the shelter of my storm shield, let Keiko and I place some defensive magics upon us." Grant for his part casts Invincible Armor (25 PPE each) upon those of H4H on foot using the energy of the ley line to fuel some of his casting.

With that done, he turns and moves forward to the edge of the storm shield invisibly and flies up into the air slightly above the roof top. He waits for Sir Ronith and Ashlynn to engage in melee. As they move to their first targets, Grant launches his own attack, casting Mental Blast (15 PPE | BOM 109 | 400' | Save vs Psionic attack for half damage and no penalties | 5d6 M.D. (bypasses body armor), -2 Init/Strike/Parry/Dodge, -20% Skills - effects last 1d4+10 melee rounds | Attack is invisible and undetectable(except by psionic individuals - only mind melters/bleeders will automatically sense where the attacker is). He sends blast after blast looking to hit all 10 overlords by the time he is done. Once that is complete, he casts Ley Line Tendril Bolts (26 PPE | BOM 121 | 200' | 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20 M.D. | 4 bolts per action to nearest 4 targets (max 2 per target) | Automatically hits) in preparation of any of the overlords moving into range.)

APM: 12
Initiative: 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19
  1. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [3, 4, 1, 3, 2] = 13 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Sir Ronith's first target
  2. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [2, 5, 2, 4, 4] = 17 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Ashlynn's first target
  3. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [5, 2, 6, 6, 2] = 21 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Barrcuda's first target
  4. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [4, 3, 1, 4, 5] = 17 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Keiko's first target
  5. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [4, 5, 4, 5, 4] = 22 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 5
  6. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [4, 1, 5, 6, 4] = 20 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 6
  7. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [5, 2, 4, 2, 3] = 16 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 7
  8. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [3, 5, 5, 5, 3] = 21 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 8
  9. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [6, 1, 5, 5, 6] = 23 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 9
  10. Cast Mental Blast, 5d6: [2, 3, 6, 5, 6] = 22 M.D. plus save vs psionic attack at Overlord 10
  11. Begin Casting Ley Line Tendril Bolts
  12. Finish Casting Ley Line Tendril Bolts
Contingency:

Parry with Draining Blade/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [16, 12, 13, 17, 9, 7, 11, 10, 10, 20, 6, 10] = 141

If Invincible Armor goes down, he will cast Armor Bizarre(150 M.D.C.) and retreat.

PPE Remaining: 656 + 20 - 276 = 400

For Sir Ronith, Ashlynn, Barracuda, and Keiko

Code: Select all

[*]Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. |  Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [96] = 96
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy


Barracuda does his best to calm the civilians of both the mundane and magical varieties. Not much to do here except be a calming presence. It's like discovering your powers but for an entire group of refugees. Unimaginable. The glow of the ley lines always comforts Barracuda who's used to magic at this point in his life.

When the Heroes for Hire come across the rooftop Overlords, Barracuda realizes that he doesn't have a good method of transportation to help out up close where he's best. He accepts the castings from his magical teammates and then asks Daisuke "Can you get me up there?" If he's too far away or can't help, Barracuda waits until the others on the team are mid approach and then covers the sound of their approach by removing the sound of their footsteps as they get closer. Once he's in range, he'll mute anyone he can see on the rooftop to prevent the mages from casting any spells.

Actions 1-7: Reserved for Dodge/Mute Sound.

Dodges: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 1d20+6: [1]+6 = 7 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22 1d20+6: [14]+6 = 20 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [11*] = 1


Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Ronith wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:11 am ”Acknowledged. Take Daisuke with you in case you need to make a quick retreat. See if you cannot find a discreet path around the combatants, otherwise try and locate a defensible position and wait for my signal. Either way keep an eye out- if things go south we may need fire support.”
"Understood, holla and a barrage of missiles will be winging their way to your enemy!"
Virtus wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:40 pm A bit back from the rest of H4H is Weiss in the Blue Beauty. The giant robot stoops down behind a grocery store. One of the unique features of the UAR's are the sensor mast. It projects above the grocery store and gives Weiss a perfect view while only exposing a small portion. He reads hundreds of signatures. The radio traffic is heavy and encrypted and the interference is heavy as well. With the mast above the building Weiss is able to focus Blue's transmission to more effectively communicate with the rest of H4H in the forward position.
"Frak, we have hundreds of signals. Gonna try and filter the signal, figure out what we have. Hopefully not picking up hundreds of Splugorth. If we have a heavy vehicle that needs to be a target, somebody act as spotter. With all this, I am trying to identify what I can to ensure we limit friendly fire."


Weiss does what he can to identify everything. If he can find a prime target that is not obvious to the others, he will inform them of the location

APM 8
Action 1 -2 Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100<74: [6*] = 1 figure out which side is where and what is what, whilst feeding intel to the others as to prime targets to aim for. Daisuke will pick this up
Depending on what is available, use the railgun on what can be seen

3 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10
4 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
5 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
6 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 Triple critical strike if shooting a robot or PA
7 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 Triple critical strike if shooting a robot or PA
8 Railgun Strike 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 40MD for critical strike Triple critical strike if shooting a robot or PA

Use railgun shots to take down missile shots

Dodge
Dodge 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 Dodge 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 Dodge 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 Dodge 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 Dodge 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 Dodge 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 Dodge 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 Dodge 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:31am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
[ur=https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... p=sharingl]MAP[/url]


Ronith extends his awareness of the world around him. He melts into the shadows the lights at the store provide. The sharp cold bites at him, even in the shadow. Slipping along the snow banks he emerges and leaps to the building top. Frostfang in hand he surprises the Kydians. Ronith notices immediately that there are Powerlords here as well. Their muscular forms are clear indicators. Ronith catches the first Overlord in the throat, his prodigious skill allowing him a precise blow. While the armor extends to the neck, it also is weaker there. Ronith penetrates the armor with his thrust, doubling the Overlord over. Ashlynn is at his side in a moment. Quickly the Kydians assess the situation, the Powerlords moving to engage while the Overlords provide support. To Ronith's surprise, suddenly a semi-translucent field surrounds the two of them like a bubble. He recognizes this magic and delivers two powerful blows before the energy field falls in tandem with Ashlynn's own attack. He hears them exclaim outside "He's got a holy sword!" No sooner does the field fall, than they sees a four armed Powerlord bringing down a forearm blade that Ronith easily parries. Another Overlord points a staff at Ashlynn she sees him and then suddenly is overcome with pain and screams through clenched teeth, falling over. Waves of pain overcome her and she is unable to move, only experience agony. The enemies near her are merciless and take this opportunity to thin the ranks, stomping and stabbing her (invincible armor popped, -43 to Body Armor). Meanwhile another Overlord about 10 feet away points a staff at Ronith, nearly covering him in a magic net before he reflexively dodges! Ronith swings on the Powerlord. It tries to parry, but simply is unable to do so. Frostfang cleaves the armor in two in an incredibly powerful slashing attack but only scratches the Kydian's flesh. As he guesses, it's no doubt a Powerlord as its flesh is as tough as steel. Before he can do anything else, a field appears around him and the Powerlord. The Splugorth have devoted followers and this Powerlord is no exception. It seems to mouthing something but mysterious it doesn't make a sound. Its attack pattern changes suddenly. It's four arms reach out like a spider's waiting for just a moment until Ronith's blade finds purchase. Ronith manages to hold off 1 of the arms with his off hand but the other 3 forearm blades crash into his armor. (-41 MDC). The scene replays again with the exact same outcome, save for Frostfang finds a vital organ, which brings the Powerlord down, but not before it deals another vicious assault. (-44). It takes two more slashes to bring down the energy field. The Overlords are powerful indeed. While they cannot keep up with the cyberknight, they stand ready and the two Overlords seem to both use their staves. Ronith dodges another magic net attempts to ensnare him while the other ones sends a twinge of pain through his body, but he fends off the magic and it has no effect. Another Powerlord rushes at Ronith but only just reaches him before trying to deliver a haymaker that Ronith turns aside. This one does not have four arms but seems to be even more skilled than the previous. Biowizardry is clearly evident, as it was on the last one.

Keiko moves to the roof and takes cover behind a rooftop AC unit. From the ground there was no way that she would be able to fire on them once the action starts. Being a temporal warrior, she senses the strong focal point of a temporal event. Call it fate, call it destiny but like the tumblers in a combination lock aligning, this crossroad of her team and this Splugorth incursion align perfectly. One tumbler still is spinning on the lock that bars the future. While the Felonid is unable to ascertain what actions they need to take, it's clear that their part here is significant. In position she fires on the Overlords as soon as Ronith engages them, striking one in the chest, which visual interrupts its intentions. She sees Ronith encased by some fashion of bubble she is sure is an energy field. The Kydians waste no time. One breaks away from the others and races towards Keiko. She lands a hit, which makes him stumble for a moment, but like a Rhino he keeps coming. Again she hits him as sparks fly and electricity dances around him. Again she does it and again. She fires a fifth time and he reflexively dodges and suddenly disappears. He obviously turned invisible. She uses her psionic see invisible and sees him for an instant before an energy field encompasses her. She fires on the energy field three times but the energies of the nexus have made this field very tough.

Grant enhances his teammates, giving them additional protection. Mentions before they leave the safety of his storm shield, but notices that the storm seems to circumvent the battle zone in the distance. No doubt someone is using the same magic to shield the Splugorth force. The threat posed by a ley line storm, particularly these enhanced storms, to them would be considerable. While aloft Grant witnesses the significant carnage just ahead. His vantage point in the air allows the Magus to see into the dark distance and the scene is breath taking. Thousands of NEMA troops are positioned along the river, firing ferociously at hundreds of Overlords. The frozen river reflects the massive rift that stands open. The light from the nexus and the rift illuminate figures standing near the rift as well as what look like transports heading for the rift. The vehicles may well be carrying captives back. Grant has read plenty about the armies of the Splugorth. While formidable, there is no doubt this force is nothing more than a scouting party. If the Splugorth learn of the vulnerable state of the humans here so early, it could spell disaster. Grant has no idea how they could have discovered this so quickly, but he feels strongly this situation cannot be allowed to persist. They aren't fighting alone of course, but magic is a game changer and right now the deck is stacked again the Nemans. Focused nearer he uses his considerable psionic powers to set the stage for victory. Many of the Kydians look very confused. No doubt they assume it's from their visible foes.However, he sees a couple of the Powerlords looking at him. Surprisingly they look like they are about to alert people but no sounds escape their mouths. One has a staff and points it at Grant. A brief twinge of pain shoots through him. Then the air tries to grow dim, but with a wave of his hand, he rebukes it. Suddenly the other Powerlord flies up. As Grant knows, they can see invisible. He flies at the Magus and reels back with a powerful strike. (-60 MDC to invincible armor).

Barracuda arrives with Daisuke on the rooftop timed with Ronith's arrival. Barracuda bends the sound to mute numerous opponents. While they seem to be using devices to cast magic, their ability to communicate with one another has been immediately hampered, and confuses them. Several Overlords close with him. He goes on the defensive, instead focusing on shutting down their ability to organize effectively. Three run up on him, one more hulking than the others. Several waves of magic hit him and several magic nets try to ensnare him. Ironically, he finds himself unable to speak. Despite its size, the Kydian, unleashes fast successive hits. Barracuda dodges several but some land firmly. They certainly seem to be off kilter, missing several strikes and even those they land seem to be glancing. (-222 to invincible armor)

While Heroes for Hire storms the department store roof, Wiess inside of Blue begins to barrage the forces there which take cover. He stands ready to send in a missile volley if needed. He sets his computer to decrypt the messages while he begins firing on the Overlords. It seems the communications are mainly just up ahead. While he can't triangulate while stationary, he can tell it's less than a mile ahead. But there are hundreds of radios transmitting and likely thousands receiving combining his info with his radar. Sounds of terror he make out over the radio. Troops claiming that the invaders are turning invisible, unknown energies, flight, fire, force fields and more are communicated in disbelief. The sounds of the dying and tormented clip into the audio. The battle must be extensive, but NEMA is fighting with their all to defend the city. Weiss pummels the rooftop with his rail gun. An energyfield pops up, but is linear rather than domed. He fires on the field. Suddenly 5 Overlords fly off the roof top and race towards blue, weaving to avoid fire. Weiss's gunner fires on them as they approach, landing several hits, but not enough to bring them down. The are following the ley line straight to Blue.

((I recommend adding at least 7 magic saves for the next several combat posts and as many auto dodges if you have them.))
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [78] = 78
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [17] = 17
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 400/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 399.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 99.75 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 39.75 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 59.75 min | 190 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerabilty | BOM 121 | 5 min | 50 M.D.C. | Impervious to Energy, Drugs, Gases, Poisons, and Toxins. +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 99.75 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 99.75 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 119.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 19.75 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 19.75 min | 270' radius

Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.75 Minutes


Invincible Armor MDC regeneration: 1d6: [1] = 1


"You all are at the wrong place and the wrong time," Grant says out loud covering his discomfiture as he realizes that he was relying on the edge of his own Ley Line Storm Defense spell to tell him where to stop, and now is way too close to the Kydians on the building. He activates his Invulnerability talisman and lets the Ley Line Tendril Bolts (cast at the end of last round) loose. The quad bolts of magical energy fly unerringly to the four nearest Overlords and Powerlords, hitting them repeatedly until they drop, then arcing to the next target(s). In his other hand he holds the Draining Blade ready parrying any melee attacks leveled against him. I will need to switch tactics next round, the Lord Magi thinks.

APM: 12
Initiative: 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12
  1. Activate Invulnerability Talisman
  2. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [5, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6]+20 = 43 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  3. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [1, 3, 4, 1, 5, 2]+20 = 36 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  4. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [5, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3]+20 = 47 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  5. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [5, 6, 6, 3, 6, 1]+20 = 47 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  6. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [6, 3, 1, 1, 1, 4]+20 = 36 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  7. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [2, 2, 1, 3, 6, 1]+20 = 35 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  8. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [2, 4, 6, 3, 6, 4]+20 = 45 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  9. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [5, 1, 2, 1, 6, 1]+20 = 36 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  10. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [6, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1]+20 = 40 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  11. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [2, 1, 2, 5, 5, 6]+20 = 41 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
  12. Ley Line Tendril Bolt to those with in 200' (auto hit)| 1 melee round |Save vs Magic 17 for half damage| 6d6+20: [4, 5, 1, 1, 2, 5]+20 = 38 M.D. | 4 bolts at same damage per action to nearest 4 enemy targets (max 2 per target)
Contingency:
Parry with Draining Blade/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [15, 13, 7, 15, 15, 19, 3, 8, 17, 5, 19, 1] = 137

Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+16/+10/+15): 12d20: [9, 17, 15, 8, 19, 4, 4, 2, 11, 7, 11, 13] = 120


If Invincible Armor goes down, he will cast Armor Bizarre(150 M.D.C.) and retreat.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [15] = 15

JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: [20] = 20

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Agony
Ashlynn leaps to the roof, laser sword flashing in the chill night air. Side by side with Ronith, she works with him to take down a force field of some sort before she follows Ronith's warrior instinct and changes to meet his target.

This is awesome! We're doing so well! We're totally going to kick these g...

Pain.

Blinded by unrelenting, all-encompassing pain, Ashlynn crumples to the ground. She can barely feel the thuds to her body through her armor as massive figures surround her. The pain they inflict is nothing compared to this.

Ashlynn is no stranger to pain - physical or otherwise. She has lost more families than most ever have. She had her arm severed. She has suffered countless smaller injuries, embarrassments,a nd humiliations. She has never faced this.

Unable to move, to speak, even to think through the blinding pain, Ashlynn can only groan, mindlessly, the only word her battered mind can form.

"M...mom..."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [35] = 35
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 44 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
Invincible Armor Regeneration Roll: 1d6: [2] = 2
Activate Special Ability Foresight
Temporal Warriors with this ability have developed a preternatural awareness that occasionally allows them to see moments into the future during combat. While engaged in combat, the Temporal Warrior can activate this ability to catch glimpses of her opponent's actions just before they occur. For the duration, the Temporal Warrior enjoys a +6 bonus to their initiative roll, a +3 to parry and dodge, cannot be surprised by a sneak attack or from behind (even at range), and can attempt to dodge projectiles and energy blasts with no penalty (straight roll with P.P. bonus added only). This ability can be used for a number of rounds equal to half the character's Temporal Warrior levels (round down) in a given 24 hour period. The rounds need not be consecutive, and the ability must be announced before the beginning of the round in which it is used (before initiative is rolled).
S-Dep
Duration: 10 melee rounds/ -10 to strike, parry, and dodge/ last to attack (no initiative)/ -5 to save vs illusionary magic/ -50% to perform a skill/ have only 1 APM per round and speed is reduced to one-third. In addition, psionic characters cannot use any psi-powers except Mind Block. While under the influence of this spell, the psionic is impervious to all mind attacks. (p. 246 BOM)

Keiko stops shooting when the barrier pops up and looks directly at the one who cast it. What he thinks he's trapped me here? The fool. Keiko stows her bow as she turns to face her opponent. "Cloud the vision of my enemies. Numb their limbs. Mute their hearing. Sensory Deprivation!" Keiko cast S-Dep to hinder her foe. (-50 PPE from energy Sphere) Unclipping her plasma whip with her left hand and spinning her Axe with her right. The whip should look familiar to the Powerlord as it's in common use by Splugorth slavers. The energy from whip melts furrows in the roof as it's drug along next to Keiko. Keiko keeps her trademark smile on her face, "You really should by a girl dinner first." Keiko dashes at the Powerlord using her whip to entangle his arms while pummeling him with her axe.

Combat:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19

Action 1-2: Cast S-Dep
Action 3: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [3]+12 = 15 ; Damage: 2d6: [6, 2] = 8 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 4, 5] = 18 x2 = 36 MD
Action 4: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 ; Damage: 2d6: [5, 4] = 9 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 2] = 10
Action 5: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 ; Damage: 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 1, 6] = 16
Action 6: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; Damage: 2d6: [1, 6] = 7 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 3, 3] = 12
Action 7: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 ; Damage: 2d6: [1, 3] = 4 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 3, 6, 5] = 20
Action 8: Plasma Whip; Entangle: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 ; Damage: 2d6: [5, 4] = 9 ; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 ; Damage: 4d6: [6, 1, 6, 1] = 14

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 ; 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 ; 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 ; 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 ; 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 ; 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 ; 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12

Save Rolls (Magic +4, Illusions +1, HF +6): Reserve 3 EP crits for Save rolls; 1d20: [18] = 18 ; 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d20: [2] = 2

Contingencies:
- If Invincible Armor and AOI break, sacrifice an action to get AOI up from her armor.
- If her target is downed this round Keiko will Change her target to Overload A12 and hit him with S-Dep (-50 PPE personal reserve)
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [16] = 16
PER: 1d100: [87] = 87 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
35m45s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.75 Minutes
,
20m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy


Saves vs. magic (addt’l +2 vs. illusions): 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 , 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28 , 1d20+11: [7]+11 = 18 , 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 , 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13 , 1d20+11: [16]+11 = 27 , 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13

Sense of balance- 1d100: [64] = 64 , 1d100: [80] = 80 , 1d100: [41] = 41 , 1d100: [31] = 31 , 1d100: [62] = 62 , 1d100: [46] = 46 , 1d100: [41] = 41 , 1d100: [41] = 41 , 1d100: [28] = 28 , 1d100: [87] = 87 vs. 131%
Combat acrobatics.

If they continue casting magic at us in these numbers, we may have a problem. My own resistance and Frostfang’s rune of protection cannot hold out forever. As soon as Ronith breaks free of the Kydians’ attempts to confine him in an energy field, the cyber-knight becomes a continuous blur of motion. Ronith will constantly keep moving, bouncing back and forth between different combatants and striking with both swords at once where he can. Unlike before, he will now target the Overlords, aiming for the gap in their armor as best he can. His goal is to thin out the numbers of those using the more debilitating spells. But aside from a quick ”Grant, help Ashlynn!” Ronith will keep his focus on his work.

Initiative: 1d20+19: [9]+19 = 28
APM: 8+2 = 10

Attack 1: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [1]+25 = 26 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [15]+25 = 40 to strike, 6d6*2: [5, 3, 5, 6, 6, 2]*2 = 54 MD.
Attack 2: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [7]+25 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [20]+25 = 45 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 3, 1, 3, 3, 6]*2 = 34 x2=68 MD.
Attack 3: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [7]+25 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [8]+25 = 33 to strike, 6d6*2: [4, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1]*2 = 28 MD.
Attack 4: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [11]+25 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [16]+25 = 41 to strike, 6d6*2: [5, 5, 1, 5, 6, 3]*2 = 50 MD.
Attack 5: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [1]+25 = 26 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [3]+25 = 28 to strike, 6d6*2: [5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 6]*2 = 48 MD.
Attack 6: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [1]+25 = 26 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [17]+25 = 42 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 6, 3, 6, 4, 2]*2 = 44 MD.
Attack 7: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [5]+25 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [18]+25 = 43 to strike, 6d6*2: [6, 6, 6, 3, 4, 6]*2 = 62 x2=124 MD.
Attack 8: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [8]+25 = 33 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [2]+25 = 27 to strike, 6d6*2: [2, 1, 1, 5, 2, 1]*2 = 24 MD.
Attack 9: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [7]+25 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [19]+25 = 44 to strike, 6d6*2: [1, 6, 5, 4, 5, 6]*2 = 54 x2=108 MD.
Attack 10: Sword strike (paired with Skyrender if Ronith can do so without sacrificing defense): a) Frostfang- 1d20+25: [11]+25 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD; b) Skyrender: 1d20+25: [14]+25 = 39 to strike, 6d6*2: [5, 5, 2, 6, 2, 4]*2 = 48 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+29: [3]+29 = 32 , 1d20+29: [18]+29 = 47 , 1d20+29: [12]+29 = 41 , 1d20+29: [16]+29 = 45 , 1d20+29: [6]+29 = 35 , 1d20+29: [17]+29 = 46 , 1d20+29: [3]+29 = 32 , 1d20+29: [4]+29 = 33 , 1d20+29: [9]+29 = 38 , 1d20+29: [10]+29 = 39
Auto-dodges: 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 , 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 , 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 , 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 , 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 , 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 , 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 , 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 , 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 , 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [3*] = 1
jic 1d100: [69] = 69 1d20: [2] = 2

Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

"Now we've got fliers, use the laser turrets to take out any missiles and keep them honest. They get close, take over the railgun" Weiss tells the gunner. This is frakking hitting the fan. Best be careful with the shooting. Gonna run out of ammo far quicker than targets!

Swivelling the railgun, he opens up on flying troops, whilst trying to keep the Beauty moving.

APM 9
Initiative 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8
1 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
2 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
3 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
4 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
5 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
6 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
7 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
8 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
9 Shoot with railgun 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50

Magic saves
1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3

contingency
Any of them get too close get swatted with the giant magical sword

1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 6d6: [4, 3, 1, 4, 1, 1] = 14
1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 6d6: [3, 5, 6, 1, 5, 5] = 25
1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 6d6: [1, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3] = 15
1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 6d6: [6, 5, 6, 4, 4, 2] = 27

Parry
1d20+12: [3]+12 = 15 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20
Dodge
1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 1d20+11: [16]+11 = 27 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [86] = 86
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
BOM 121 | 60 min | 33/250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10
1d6: [5] = 5 added in


From the rooftop, Barracuda is able to more easily see what this battle looks like. This isn't good. These dudes look like they're throwing out some big magic stuff. Glad I went with my gut and cut off their sound. Did they just... ASH! Barracuda watches as Ashlynn falls to the ground but seems to still be moving. He decides to throw himself into the battle with the fury of a thousand burning...sharks (I thought it was funny, leave me alone :-P ). He pulls his trusty trident, King Tide, from where it's being gripped by his living armor and charges it with the deep purple energy that resides with in his body. Barracuda? Should have been Electric Eel or something. Oh well, too late. He tears through as many of the enemy gathering around him as he can, making sure they know their numbers don't matter, you don't mess with the Heroes for Hire.


Initiative: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23
APM: 9

Action 1: Draw King Tide and charge with Power Weapon.
Action 2: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 3, 2, 5, 5, 5]+16 = 38
Action 3: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 Damage: 6d6+16: [1, 6, 5, 5, 1, 3]+16 = 37
Action 4: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 Damage: 6d6+16: [6, 5, 6, 3, 5, 3]+16 = 44
Action 5: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 6, 6, 2, 1, 4]+16 = 37
Action 6: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 3]+16 = 41
Action 7: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 5, 2, 5, 5, 6]+16 = 42
Action 8: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 4, 2, 6, 6, 2]+16 = 39
Action 9: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 4, 4, 5, 3, 4]+16 = 41

Parries: 1d20+14: [6]+14 = 20 1d20+14: [7]+14 = 21 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 1d20+14: [5]+14 = 19 1d20+14: [18]+14 = 32 1d20+14: [20]+14 = 34 1d20+14: [12]+14 = 26 1d20+14: [16]+14 = 30 1d20+14: [8]+14 = 22

Contingency: If Barracuda's Invincible Armor falls, he'll sacrifice his next action to activate his Talisman of Armor of Ithan.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:31am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Magic within 500ft. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
MAP

Fingers of lighting reach out from the bluish balls surrounding Grant's hands and arc into many of the Kydians. The nearest two circle Grant. One uses magic not realizing who or what Grant is as they've never and won't encounter a being like him for centuries to come. Naturally its attempt is unsuccessful on Grant while the Powerlord closes for strikes. Grants tendrils do significant damage which halts the Powerlord but then an energy field appears. The tendrils blast through it quickly but another one appears. Again, he tears through it with the tendrils. Grant senses another wave of magic that fails even has his blasts reach out again. The Powerlord comes in hot. Grant tries to turn another blow but takes a bone cracking knee to the sternum as well as an elbow to the head ((or AOI, or whatever protection he has)). ((-80 MDC) Grant has just enough wits to dodge a magic net that comes from the Overlord's staff. More tendrils arc out even as yet another field appears mid air. Holding forth his hands, a hail of bright tendrils crash into the field. The field is all but destroyed, but will need yet another strike to bring it down. There is no doubt in the magus' mind that the proximity to the nexus is giving them great advantage on a number of levels. If only that super nexus could be shut down.

Ashlynn's body bounces off the ground under the assault while the pain consumes all senses. The Powerlord looks at the combat with Ronith and leaves to help his comrades, with only a single Overlord left to finish Ashlynn. A gout of flame suddenly appears as Huey swoops in, flapping for all his might, looking much like a winged ball. The flame strikes the Overlord, temporarily gaining attention. Huey uses the talisman on his collar, understanding its purpose. The Overlord points the staff at Huey, from which a net appears but, Huey, deftly dodges the magic snare. Ashlynn's vision goes black and her screams become a sound that drowns all others. In the void her mind has become filled only with agony, a dark figure appears, as if coming in through a side door. It's hard to look directly at, as if always standing in your peripheral vision. "I heard you screaming." it says, not sounding particularly displeased that Ashlynn was screaming. "You know, if this keeps up, you're going to die. It seems like such a waste. You're so young, so much life left to live. I was in the area and heard all the commotion. I was going down to see if I could help someone dying in the battle, but I sensed you. You have power too. A lot of potential here. I can help you, if you let me. But I need your permission. Time is fleeting though. I'm an old hand at this type of fight. I'm just who you need in this hour. In fact, you're friends may not make it either. They sure could use your help right now." it says with a certain amount of glee. Though she can't quite get a clean look at this thing, she can discern two things. First, it is telling the truth and can help her in this immediate situation. Second, she is certain it has other motives than helping her out of benevolence. There is a malevolence in its presence. ((-15 MDC from stomping))

Keiko inside the energy field seeks to deprive the Kydian of his sense. Her efforts initially are unknown, but it seems apparent that he has retained them so far. She then entwines the Powerlord with her whip and wades in with an axe landing a devastating blow on his shoulder. A defensive field flickers out. The whip seems to surprise it. It mouths something but no words come out. The loss of free use of his hands barely slows him down as he resorts to kicks. The second kick has a tremendous amount of force. (-150 MDC to Keiko) and then finally frees its hands. Keiko's last blow is turned aside though the whips score him again but does not entangle. Keiko, even while fighting, can sense the overload of magic in the air. It's normally the sort of environment that invites ley line storms, but thanks to Grant's magic, they are safe. She takes in the battlefield and realizes that the Kydians too much have protections from ley line storms, otherwise it would be quite dangerous for them.

Ronith switches tactics. He yells for Grant to help Ashlynn and springs to an Overlord driving his blade for the gaps in their armor. The Kydian brings up its staff in an attempt to block but simply lacks the skill to stop Frostfang. Magic on the armor saves it from the initial blow but the second penetrates, plunging deep into its neck. It falls over and even as it does, another field appears, caging the Cyber-Knight along with two more Powerlords. They realize just how dangerous Ronith is and much like before, time their attacks to match Roniths. Their martial training is impressive. He turns one of their attacks each time with Skyrender, but they are true martial artists, attacking with kicks and punches. One misses an attack outright, utterly destroying the roof in this section. The dome hangs overhead and they all fall to the floor. Ronith takes the opportunity to disembowel the Kydian. Even as Ronith slings the blood off Frostfang, another field appears as the other Powerlord leaps back, sealing Ronith in with a checkout lane inside the department store. Ronith leaps, driving both swords into the field. It waivers and collapses as the attack sends Snickers, M&Ms and energy drinks flying in every direction. Another field appears and Ronith cleaves the magic in two decapitating an anthropomorphic candy cane wearing a red hat with white fuzzy trim that was standing just the other side of the field. The third attack finds purchase in the Powerlord. He turns one punch with Skyrender and takes the other in the ribs. As the two other-worldly beings fight, motion activated hamsters wearing similar festive garb as the candy cane, dance merrily on a nearby shelf as the society that spawned them, collapses outside. Just then Ronith senses danger and sees movement from above as another field appears. (-336 MDC to Ronith).

Weiss, along with his gunner, Mark hammer the approaching Kydians. The lead one drops back to allow others to fill in front. One Overlord rolls head over heals into the ground from the barrage. All the while the group is firing energy weapons back. Most of their shots hit the store or go wide, but a few hit the few exposed portions of Blue. They get almost right up to them, then dodge behind the grocery store. He knows they haven't left and close combat may be imminent. ((Though they are on the map, they aren't necessarily where their markers are)). (-63 to the head, -38 to the sensor turrent, -57 railgun)

Barracuda grabs King Tide and infuses it with his power. It hums in the icy, night air. He leaps to engage the Powerlord, the tines gouging the armor. It tries to turn aside the blow, but is too late. The overlord in the background points a staff at Barracuda. He becomes confused and disoriented (befuddle, -2 strike, parry, dodge, 1/2 attacks/round, -20% skills). Even in his confused state Prince Corwin is able to deflect much of the flurry of blows from the powerlord. He can feel two more waves of magic wash over him but resists their hold over him. ((-100 MDC))
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 82% /87% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100: [61] = 61

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [35] = 35

Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Agony
Through the haze of unending torment, Ashlynn hears a voice:
Mysterious voice wrote:"I heard you screaming. You know, if this keeps up, you're going to die. It seems like such a waste. You're so young, so much life left to live. I was in the area and heard all the commotion. I was going down to see if I could help someone dying in the battle, but I sensed you. You have power too. A lot of potential here. I can help you, if you let me. But I need your permission. Time is fleeting though. I'm an old hand at this type of fight. I'm just who you need in this hour. In fact, you're friends may not make it either. They sure could use your help right now."
Through the pain, she is not thinking clearly - part of her desperately wants to reach out - anything for help - anything to stop the pain. But she senses the malevolence... the glee at her suffering, and it gives her pause. She fights through the haze of pain, to find some nugget of truth to hold on to.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100: [41] = 41 (Is Ashlynn familiar with demonic possession? - FAIL)

If Ashlynn thinks this might be a demon, She flashes back, almost involuntarily, to when she was hired by Ronith.
Ronith, back at the heroes Haven wrote:"I expect all team members to adhere to the spirit if not the letter of the cyber-knight code- not dissimilar from the code of chivalry on your own world. It entails little beyond serving the innocent and the greater good wherever possible- few of our recruits have found it an onerous requirement."
In her memory, she looks at the code, mounted on a plaque in the entry hall at the Heroes Haven:

Code: Select all

Live one's life so that it is worthy of respect and honor
...
Never abandon a friend, ally, or noble cause
,..
Never betray a confidence or comrade
...
Through the pain, she thinks only: Ronith would never...

Aloud, she screams "NO!!!! GO BACK TO HELLL!!!!!"

And with whatever reserve of strength she has, she will fight this entity.

If Ashlynn does not understand the true nature of this deal, she is thankful for the reprieve, though wary of the entity offering to help.

In her mind, she flashes back on Pangur Ban, as the Kill-Cat offered her advice, many years before.
Pangur Ban, at a roadside encampment wrote:"Ash... Sometimes you get help from unexpected quarters. It's folly, in a battle, to not use what advantages you can find, if the battle is important. So if you're in a desperate fight, and you spot a maneuver your enemy doesn't see - whatever that is, a trick, an ally, whatever. Whatever form it takes. You take it. And live to fight on."
Part of her screaming not to make deals with something this malevolent, Ashlynn's embattled spirit relents. Please... help my friends...

Through gritted teeth, she murmurs "... I accept"
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 31/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 42/100

Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking


N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75

Features:
  • 10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [60] = 60

+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
1d20+17: [3]+17 = 20 1d20+17: [10]+17 = 27 1d20+17: [19]+17 = 36 1d20+17: [12]+17 = 29 1d20+17: [9]+17 = 26 1d20+17: [12]+17 = 29 1d20+17: [7]+17 = 24
-2 strike, parry, dodge, 1/2 attacks/round, -20% skills
MDC: 50/50. Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins. +10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor.
  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 25/35
  • R Arm: 25/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Leg: 35/45
  • R Leg: 35/45
  • Main Body: 60/87


What the hell? What am... where...FIGHT...but who? Why? You've never quit a day in your life, Corwin. Don't start now! Barracuda fights through the magical brain fog that has overcome him and gets some protection back up before resuming his attack. Using King Tide, he focuses on the same enemy until it's taken down, blocking attacks from others.



Initiative: 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10
APM: 7+2=9/2=4(.5)


Action 1: Activate Talisman of Invulnerability.
Action 2: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 Damage: 6d6+16: [1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3]+16 = 30
Action 3: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 Damage: 6d6+16: [5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 4]+16 = 35
Action 4: Strike closest enemy with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 Damage: 6d6+16: [2, 4, 2, 4, 5, 3]+16 = 36


Parries: 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 1d20+12: [18]+12 = 30 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 1d20+12: [17]+12 = 29 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [77] = 77
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [71] = 71
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 400/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Sustain | BOM 109 | 19 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.

Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 399.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving

Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 2 PPE | 99.50 min | 2000' |See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.

Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 39.50 min

Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 59.50 min | 111 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

Invulnerabilty | BOM 121 | 4.75 min | 50 M.D.C. | Impervious to Energy, Drugs, Gases, Poisons, and Toxins. +10 vs Magic/Psionics/Horror Factor

Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 PPE | BOM 142 | 200' Diameter | 99.50 min

Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 99.50 min

Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 119.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness

See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 19.50 min | 1200'

Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 19.50 min | 270' radius

Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.50 Minutes


Invincible Armor MDC regeneration: 1d6: [4] = 4

Dragonese/Elvish - 96% vs 1d100: [37] = 37
Teleport - 99% vs 1d100: [37] = 37


The blue shimmer of the energy field remains as the last tendril bolt leaves Grant's hand. These two are much more capable than I thought. Definitely time to change tactics. Grant looks around, raise his arms and lowering as if in defeat. He says loudly in Dragonese, the lingua-franca of the multiverse. "Oh, no, you've got me," as he pulls in mana from the super nexus (400 P.P.E.). With his head bowed and a grin on his lips, he quickly rattles off words of power. The former Ley Line Rifter disappears from inside the globe with a quiet pop as he finishes casting Teleport Superior (150 PPE | BOM 225 | Teleporting to a visible location - 99%).

The Lord Magi reappears just over a 1000' up in the air (based on 1000' visibility and still being mostly dark). Floating alone in the sky, he begins to weave powerful magic. He begins with speeding up his own reactions by casting Fleet Feet (20 PPE |PF2 P 186 | 7.5 min | Double PPE, Spd, and APM, -2 Initiative, spells take twice as many actions to cast) , as the spell activates, he grimaces at the blurring of the world. Can't be helped, I am no Sir Ronith on my own. He implores the others, Hold on! His thoughts are drawn to the boon he received from the strange man Braithwaite after he help save the multiverse from the Mechanoids, four powerful space magic spells, one of which was an improvement on both Armor of Ithan and Invincible Armor, he begins casting Cosmic Armor (45 PPE | DB13 p120 | 150 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills). As he the last words leave his lips, he cancels Invincible Armor and Fly as an Eagle spells what appears to be a silvery liquid begins to coat his form. He then casts another space magic spell, Nova Blast (30 PPE | DB13 121 | 3.75 min | 4500' | -2 to dodge | 1d4*10*1.5 M.D. Plasma), and finally calls into being a Shadesword (22 PPE | PF12 p80 | 30 min | 1d6*10*1.5 M.D. | For each hit, save vs magic 15+ or cumulative -2 Strike/Parry for 1 round, each additional success extends duration 1 round).

APM: 12 (13 with magic) - jumps to 17 (18 with magic) this round 5+(10-5)*2+2=17, will be 22 (23 with magic) next round
Initiative: 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 -2 after Fleet Feet cast
  1. Pull in mana
  2. Begin Casting Teleport Superior
  3. Continue Casting Teleport Superior
  4. Finish Casting Teleport Superior
  5. Begin Casting Fleet Feet
  6. Finish Casting Fleet Feet
  7. Begin Casting Cosmic Armor
  8. Continue Casting Cosmic Armor
  9. Continue Casting Cosmic Armor
  10. Finish Casting Cosmic Armor
  11. Begin Casting Nova Blast
  12. Continue Casting Nova Blast
  13. Continue Casting Nova Blast
  14. Finish Casting Nova Blast
  15. Begin Casting Shadow Blade
  16. Continue Casting Shadow Blade
  17. Continue Casting Shadow Blade
  18. Finish Casting Shadow Blade
Contingency:
Parry with Draining Blade/Dodge(+11/+6): 12d20: [19, 11, 13, 17, 14, 20, 6, 20, 7, 3, 4, 20] = 154
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+16/+10/+15): 12d20: [14, 3, 10, 11, 12, 2, 9, 10, 9, 11, 16, 12] = 119

If the power lords decide to continue attacking despite having 'captured' Grant, he will cast his own Energy Field (180 M.D.C.) to give him the few actions he needs to cast teleport superior.

If Invincible Armor goes down, he will cast Armor Bizarre(150 M.D.C.) and retreat.

PPE Spent: 150+45+30+22 = 247
PPE Gained: 400
New PPE Total: 553
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [65] = 65
Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes

"Tsk." Keiko see's the other two overlords joining the party. She flashes the Powerlord a smile. Well This is not good. Not good at all. Well time to reduce the numbers against us for the moment. "Time, Master of all and Master of none, flowing and constant. By my will head my command...Time Stop!" Keiko cast time stop on the two approaching Overlords and trying to catch the Powerlord in the range as well without catching herself in it.

(A) -If Keiko gets all three in the spell she will cast D-Phase and move out of the energy field, return to normal and charge the Overlords assaulting Barracuda.

(B) -If Keiko only get the two overlords and not the Powerlord, Keiko will Use her whip to entangle and throw the Powerlord into the area of the time spell. Then proceed to do what is specified in section A.

Combat:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25

Invincible Armor: 102/250
Invincible Armor Roll: 1d6: [3] = 3
AOI: 50/50
PPE: 88/118
Energy Sphere: 84 PPE
PPE draw from nexus: 40

Action 1-2: Cast Time Stop: 18 foot radius catching the two overlords and the powerlord without catching Keiko. No Save. Duration 2 minutes (-70 PPE)
(A) Action 3: Cast D-Phase (-20 PPE)
Action 4: Move through Energy Field
Action 5: return to normal
Action 6: Charge Powerlord 19; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 4, 4, 4] = 17
Action 7: Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [2, 2, 6, 1] = 11 x2 = 22 MD; Whip Strike: 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 Crit; Damage: 2d6: [1, 4] = 5 x2 = 10 MD
Action 8: Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6: [2, 1, 3, 2] = 8 ; Whip Strike: 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 ; Damage: 2d6: [2, 4] = 6

(B)Action 3: Whip Entangle on Powerlord: EP Crit; Damage: 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 ;
Action 4: Throw Powerlord into time negation zone. EP Crit
Action 5: Cast D-Phase (-20 PPE)
Action 6: Move through Energy Field
Action 7: return to normal
Action 8: Charge Powerlord 19; Axe Strike: 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 4, 6, 3] = 16

Auto Dodge: EP Crit; 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 ; 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 ; 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 ; 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20

Save Rolls (Magic +4, Illusions +1, HF +6): Reserved 3 EP Crits; 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d20: [3] = 3 ; 1d20: [13] = 13 ; 1d20: [17] = 17

Contingencies:
- If IA and AOI go down Keiko will sacrifice an action to cast AOI from her armor.
-
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: [14] = 14
PER: 1d100: [62] = 62 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
35m45s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.50 Minutes
,
19m45s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
60 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy


Saves vs. magic (addt’l +2 vs. illusions): 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 , 1d20+11: [11]+11 = 22 , 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 , 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13 , 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 , 1d20+11: [2]+11 = 13 , 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12

Ronith switches back into a defensive stance, and uses one of Grant’s talismans as the Splugorth make their strategy clear- keep him contained, neutralize his allies, and then overwhelm him through force of numbers. I must break this stalemate and do what I can to reduce the advantages their magic and numbers give them. Even as he continues to fight the powerlords facing him, and break free of the energy fields, he looks for an opening. If he gets one, he will use telekinesis ((-3 ISP, not deducted)) to start throwing grenades at the Splugorth, and yell out in American ”Eyes shut!”


Initiative: 1d20+19: [20]+19 = 39
APM: 8+2 = 10

Attack 1: Use invulnerability talisman -1 charge.
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [16]+25 = 41 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [9]+25 = 34 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [15]+25 = 40 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [5]+25 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [14]+25 = 39 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [7]+25 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [11]+25 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD
Attack 9: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [10]+25 = 35 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 10: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+25: [2]+25 = 27 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD

Contingent Actions:
1) If Ronith can drop the energy field long enough to do so, he will use telekinesis to throw a few grenades at clusters of Splugorth- he will first try a blinding flash goblin bomb, followed by lightning and fire bombs. Should the prove effective, he will add a fuel flame bomb on top of the latter.
Strike rolls: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10
Goblin bomb stats are available here.
Damage rolls (after nexus boost): 4d6+4: [3, 1, 3, 5]+4 = 16 for lightning, 4d6*2: [1, 1, 1, 2]*2 = 10 for fire.
2) If Ronith’s armor falls below half MDC or so he will use another talisman charge (armor of ithan or invulnerability, depending on how fast they’re disappearing).

Auto-parries: 1d20+29: [5]+29 = 34 , 1d20+29: [7]+29 = 36 , 1d20+29: [7]+29 = 36 , 1d20+29: [2]+29 = 31 , 1d20+29: [6]+29 = 35 , 1d20+29: [13]+29 = 42 , 1d20+29: [19]+29 = 48 , 1d20+29: [13]+29 = 42 , 1d20+29: [3]+29 = 32 , 1d20+29: [14]+29 = 43
Auto-dodges: 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 , 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 , 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 , 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 , 1d20+12: [14]+12 = 26 , 1d20+12: [10]+12 = 22 , 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 , 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 , 1d20+12: [20]+12 = 32 , 1d20+12: [18]+12 = 30
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception 1d100<56: [40*] = 1
jic 1d100: [16] = 16 1d20: [9] = 9


They'll be coming in for close combat. Best to keep them at bay he decides, analysing their situation.

"Stick and move, don't let them get in close. Keep at them with the railgun and lasers!" he tells the gunner before setting off

"Any assistance that I could get right now would be appreciated!" he calls on the H4H comms


APM 9
initiative 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
Action 1 burst towards the garden centre, angling the Beauty to be able to fire across from where the minions are
Action 2 keep moving towards the garden centre using the building to keep cover between the Beauty and them whilst the gunner fires

Remaining actions will be spent moving the Beauty, restricting firing lines so that the minions can't attack enmass.


contingencies
If they get close, Weiss will engage with the sword whilst trying to conduct a fighting withdrawal. Nexus damage doubles the 4d6 base to 8d6 and 2d6 for Beauty's strength
sword strike 1 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 damage 10d6: [6, 3, 2, 2, 5, 1, 4, 2, 3, 6] = 34
sword strike 2 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 damage 10d6: [6, 1, 4, 1, 3, 6, 1, 2, 5, 3] = 32
sword strike 3 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 damage 10d6: [2, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 6, 6, 6, 3] = 34
sword strike 4 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 damage 10d6: [5, 2, 5, 3, 1, 6, 3, 5, 2, 1] = 33
sword strike 5 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 damage 10d6: [1, 2, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 5, 1] = 20
sword strike 6 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 damage 10d6: [2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1, 6, 6, 6] = 44
sword strike 7 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 damage 10d6: [3, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 6, 6] = 30

Parry 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 Parry 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 Parry 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 Parry 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 Parry 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 Parry 1d20+12: [16]+12 = 28 Parry 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13

dodge 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28 dodge 1d20+11: [13]+11 = 24 dodge 1d20+11: [1]+11 = 12 dodge 1d20+11: [5]+11 = 16 dodge 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 dodge 1d20+11: [4]+11 = 15 dodge 1d20+11: [7]+11 = 18 dodge 1d20+11: [18]+11 = 29
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:31am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
The bitter cold closes in around the group as they engage in a desperate fight against these intruders. A haze of snow is about the whole area as the combat blows the winter wonderland into the air and suspends it.

Ashlynn wrestles in her mind between the two options, but a drastic desire to save her friends overwhelms her other fears. The dark voice audible grins as she acquiesces to his offer. "Excellent. Now just sit back, rest. I will do as I said." With that, Ashlynn's world takes on a dim, disjointed quality. She can hear voices, combat, shouting, but none of it makes much sense anymore.

Everyone has been watching Ashlynn get the tar stomped out of her. Suddenly, the overlord that was towering over her stops. She gets to her feet and dusts herself off. Looking around she flies up along the leyline towards the nexus. She stops and begins casting. Suddenly a grey cloud issues forth. As it rolls out from Ashlynn ley line storms erupts.

Barracuda fights on. His movements are sluggish and the powerlord intend to make him pay for it. . King Tide rings like a gong as the Kydian's swing is stopped by the trident. Barracuda turns the next blow from the minion as well. But then a grey fog appears and suddenly Prince Corwin regains his senses. New life returns to his arms, leaping into action with a wild ferocity, landing a deep wound. At the same time Keiko appears, helping him press the attack. Keiko's axe smashes the seemingly weaker armor, exposing it's flesh. The affects of the anti magic cloud are terrible. King Tide is not impacted. The powerlord's upper torso explodes in a spray of gore.

Grant feigns surrender. The Kydians gloat, grinning widely as Grant buys time to cast his spell. The magus sees the overlord point a staff at him, but he easily resists the magic. Then, as his spell is complete he suddenly disappears. High above the world he can clearly see the battle playing out on the banks of the Ohio River. From this height, it almost looks pretty. He enhances his movements, the world becoming a blur. Grant then uses the obscure spell he learned in the depths of space. Next he unlocks the power of the Nova Blast. He begins to cast shadow blade when a grey cloud billows into existence and envelopes him. Suddenly everything stops and he begins falling. The two Kydians that were flying near Grant plummet without their magic. Worse for them is their protection is also gone. Both hit the concrete with a sickening thud and crack as their bodies break. For Grant, the ground approaches at great speed. A portal appears, throwing Grant upwards having reversed his vector. At the zenith of his upward trajectory, another portal appears, placing the magus on the roof of the department store. Daisuke effectively neutralizes Grant's momentum, preventing a fate similar to the Kydians.

Keiko uses time stop to freeze three of her opponents. She then charges the powerlord facing off against Barracuda. Together the two of them press the attack. During the fight, a grey cloud rolls past them. Keiko feels her magic wane but extreme concentration brings it back (Keiko uses an EP crit). But she knows that her field is hampered under the affects of the anti magic cloud, though with the nexus, it works out to a near draw.

Ronith's stun grenade does its job, and noticeably disorients his opponents. His attacks are vicious. Even so, another energy field appears, this time around the powerlord rather than around Ronith. He tears though it almost instantly. He lands a strike on the powerlord just before another energy field appears. As the cyberknight tears through that one, a grey cloud rolls through. He can feel the magic suddenly drop.

Weiss maneuvers Blue, watching for surprise attacks. Two of the overlords appear on the top of the grocery store as he moves Blue northward toward the garden center. The gunner fires on the Kydians. One is struck in the chest, but not down. A energy field in the form of a wall appears on top of the building, providing cover. Two are positioned at the corner of the store and fire on Blue with the staves when they come into view. Several hits strike Blue (-64 MDC). The two on the roof have taken position behind the field. Weiss continues moving northwest while the gunner fires on the overlords. Another three hits land, bringing another one down. Weiss puts enough of the Garden center between them and the overlords that he can't see them. Then suddenly a grey cloud envelops the area.

The Kydians look stunned and panicked. They all turn to run back towards the battle zone.

Image

Overhead thunder rolls and lighting arcs, one after another. A black cloud rushes in from the west, like a tidal wave. It booms thunderously as it sweeps through, knocking everyone off their feet and deafening them. Windows shake, cars are overturned, the earth trembles. It takes several seconds (1 melee round) before anyone can catch their wits. Blue withstands the black cloud and only her occupants retain their hearing.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

During the 15 seconds of the Black Cloud

While Blue creaks and groans against the raging force of the black cloud, he can just make out Ashlynn in the distance. She suddenly blinks out and reappears half way to the the nexus. His sensors zoom in to see her casting more magic. Another grey cloud appears in the distance.

With his extended vision, he can see the rift diminish and close.

Grant, Ronith and Keiko alarmed at the ley line storm wait for the bolts to begin striking, but none come. The anti magic cloud seems to be keeping them at bay for the mean time.
User avatar
Ashlynn
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Ashlynn »

Perception: 47% 1d100: [87] = 87

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [76] = 76

The Omniscient Narrator wrote: The role of Ashlynn will now be played by the creepy possessing entity. We switch focus now to Weiss' gunner...
Weiss wrote:"Stick and move, don't let them get in close. Keep at them with the railgun and lasers!"
"Roger," the gunner drawls, and resumes targetting the alien marauders. This is crazy - The whole world's gone topsy-turvy. It's not like my Earth at all, it's... it's like a Chaos Earth™
OOC Comments
movie.jpg
As the tide of the battle rapidly shifts, and grey clouds of smoke appear to be incapacitating the marauders, Weiss' gunner looks up at the form of the spritely girl the future people were travelling with, now hovering over the battle. Wait... that's what's-her-name... Ainsley?

He's been relatively quiet up until now - the shock of so many strange and unusual occurrences, and beings, have rendered him nearly mute. but this surprise is too much for the scraggly young soldier.

"Hey wow - isn't that your friend?"

He points at Ashlynn's hovering form, high in the sky.

I didn't know she could do that. That's fantastic, she's really killing those guys."

With that, he resumes focusing on shooting as Weiss directs. As Blue is hit, the gunner sucks air through his teeth, as though it were physically painful for him, even inside the giant PA.


Initiative: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5

APM: 8
Action 1: Railgun 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 2: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 ; Damage 4d6: [3, 6, 4, 6] = 19 M.D.
Action 3: Railgun 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!); Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 4: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19 ; Damage 4d6: [4, 6, 1, 4] = 15 M.D.
Action 5: Railgun 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 ; Damage 4d6: [5, 4, 6, 3] = 18 M.D.
Action 7: Railgun 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 ; Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 8: Dual Blast, Laser Turret 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 ; Damage 4d6: [1, 5, 6, 2] = 14 M.D.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [77] = 77
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [24] = 24
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 400/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.


Wilderness Survival 74% vs 1d100: [32] = 32
Radio: Basic 79% vs 1d100: [57] = 57

Triumph turned into defeat. Grant had outwitted the Kydians and was plan to return and Strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger on those who attempted to destory his team. But none of that happened. He saw someone, something shoot up into the area as he was chanting the words to a spell, then a dark cloud and the collapse of the shield against the ley line storm, then his layered magic upon himself. He was falling down, then falling up, and then he hit something hard and was still.

The air whooshes out of Grants lungs and he wheezes. The cold is intense. Grants teeth chatter and his body shivers. I've got to get out of this exposed position. He looks at the dull grey angry sky and says incredulously, "I'm alive." He doesn't notice yet, that he can't here himself. He fumbles on his armor trying to find the button to activate his radio. "Daisuke, Daisuke, you need to get me off this roof before I freeze, my magic...is gone." By the end, he feels the deep breaths he's taking to shout since he can't hear himself and then clams up realizing he's been deafened. He doesn't know if Daisuke can help him, but he knows that Daisuke's abilities hadn't been affected by the ley lines in any discernable pattern. "Preferably to the edge of the cloud away from any combatants." He sees his gear littered around him, his belt's pockets burst because of the return of his extra dimensionally stored items. The contents having followed him through Daisuke's portals.

He hunkers down trying to reduce his exposure to the cold, unable to activate the TW EBA functions of his armor. Hurry! Grant scrambles and sifts the piles grabbing the small bags that contain the enchanted talismans and stuffs them in a pant's pocket and then loops the cords of his flashlight and mini binoculars over his off hand. Grant sees the Celestial Medal and sighs, no choice but to leave it behind. He looks around for an entrance into the building while waiting to see if Daisuke responds.

He'll defend himself with the draining blade if attacked.

Initiative: 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16
Actions: 10
Critical Strike on 18-20
Deathblow on Nat 20
  1. Sift his belongings
  2. Grab pouches
  3. Sift his belongings
  4. Grab his flashlight
  5. Sift his belongings
  6. Grab his binoculars.
  7. Strike with Draining Blade 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , Damage: 4d6+6: [2, 3, 1, 1]+6 = 13 S.D.C.
  8. Strike with Draining Blade 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , Damage: 4d6+6: [1, 3, 3, 2]+6 = 15 S.D.C.
  9. Strike with Draining Blade 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , Damage: 4d6+6: [2, 2, 3, 1]+6 = 14 S.D.C.
  10. Strike with Draining Blade 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , Damage: 4d6+6: [4, 1, 1, 4]+6 = 16 S.D.C.
Parry/Dodge(+8/+2): 10d20: [10, 9, 18, 16, 7, 1, 4, 9, 19, 15] = 108

Save vs Magic/Psionics(+7/+0) 10d20: [1, 17, 10, 6, 5, 14, 6, 10, 17, 10] = 96
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [33] = 33
PER: 1d100: [20] = 20 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
35m45s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.25 Minutes
,
19m15s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
60 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
Lose bonuses from amplified hearing (+3I/1p/2d), -6 p/d attacks from behind, -3 s/p/d all other attacks, automatically loses initiative.
,
280ft. area, 48m00s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)


”Argh!” Ronith cries as the thunderclap overloads his cybernetic, and he is rendered deaf and subsequently knocked down. Ears ringing, he struggles to get to his feet an make sense of what is happening. An… anti-magic cloud. Grant? No, his enchantments are gone. Is that… Ashlynn? Oh no… Despite the storm, Ronith attempts to sense evil ((-2 ISP)), and does not like the result when he does so. ”Ashlynn? ASHLYNN!” he calls out as she moves further away. Blast. At least the Splugorth are retreating- but an anti-magic cloud won’t keep them at bay forever. Ronith shakes his head- clearing some cobwebs but ears still ringing. He can’t hear himself as he screams into the radio, but he can only hope some of the others are in better shape. ”GRANT, KEIKO, WITHDRAW AND SUPPORT WEISS. THE REST OF YOU, KILL THE SPLUGORTH. I AM GOING AFTER ASHLYNN.” Ronith will then start working his way over to the waylaid young woman, relying on his psionic sense to (hopefully) cut through the storm and lead him to the source of the evil. Ronith will strike down any and all Splugorth targets of convenience, but under the assumption that the others can handle the Kydians in the cloud his priority will be getting to Ashlynn.

Initiative: 0
APM: 8

Attack 1: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [5]+19 = 24 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [1]+19 = 20 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [2]+19 = 21 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [11]+19 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [17]+19 = 36 to strike, 1d6*22: [3]*22 = 66 MD
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [14]+19 = 33 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [13]+19 = 32 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88 MD
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [3]+19 = 22 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD

Auto-parries: 1d20+23: [1]+23 = 24 , 1d20+23: [15]+23 = 38 , 1d20+23: [6]+23 = 29 , 1d20+23: [17]+23 = 40 , 1d20+23: [20]+23 = 43 , 1d20+23: [16]+23 = 39 , 1d20+23: [2]+23 = 25 , 1d20+23: [13]+23 = 36
Auto-dodges: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Post by Weiss »

Perception: 1d100<56: [60] = 0
jic 1d100: [65] = 65 1d20: [20] = 20

Weiss hates it when the Beauty gets hit, but he knows its capabilities and his own. The gunner was being pretty good. He realised he missed having somebody competent in the co-pilot seat. He just needed to learn the man's name.

Hang in there baby, we've almost got them. Weiss confidence grows as more of them drop. Tactics were working to keep them at bay and they were whittling them down.
Virtus wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:28 pm Weiss puts enough of the Garden center between them and the overlords that he can't see them. Then suddenly a grey cloud envelops the area.

The Kydians look stunned and panicked. They all turn to run back towards the battle zone.
"Taking some damage, but we are making inroads on these idiots. Another 30 seconds or so and I reckon these yahoos will be down."

Then all hell literally breaks loose. The giant 18 tonne robot staggers in the sudden wind, but Weiss has it under control instantly.

"What the hell was that?" Weiss exclaims, bringing the Beauty out of cover to find out what was going on. Using his sensors and enhanced vision mode, he quickly picks up what appears to be....
Virtus wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:08 am While Blue creaks and groans against the raging force of the black cloud, he can just make out Ashlynn in the distance. She suddenly blinks out and reappears half way to the the nexus. His sensors zoom in to see her casting more magic. Another grey cloud appears in the distance.

With his extended vision, he can see the rift diminish and close.
Ash... what has happened to you? Weiss' heart sinks in fear, but pulls himself back together instantly. No time for that. Got to help.
Ashlynn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 am "Hey wow - isn't that your friend?"

He points at Ashlynn's hovering form, high in the sky.

I didn't know she could do that. That's fantastic, she's really killing those guys."
"Yeah, and that's not a good thing. She's not a magic user. Something just went FUBAR and I think she's right in the middle of it." Concern bleed into Weiss' voice. He cared deeply for the young merc and he was damned if he was going to let anything happen to her if he could do something about it. Weiss' fingers dance over the controls and the Beauty emerges from behind the building, swiftly picking up speed.

"We're going in hot. Anything gets in our way, hit them. Saving the missiles for something big, but feel free to open up on those fliers if they decide to for round 2." Weiss tries to sound confident, but at that second, he was worried as hell about Ash and didn't know what he could do

"H4H, Ashlynn is right in the middle of that cloud. She appears to have teleported in and appears to be casting magic. Am no longer engaged so coming in hot."
Grant Latham wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:07 pm "Daisuke, Daisuke, you need to get me off this roof before I freeze, my magic...is gone." By the end, he feels the deep breaths he's taking to shout since he can't hear himself and then clams up realizing he's been deafened. He doesn't know if Daisuke can help him, but he knows that Daisuke's abilities hadn't been affected by the ley lines in any discernable pattern. "Preferably to the edge of the cloud away from any combatants." He sees his gear littered around him, his belt's pockets burst because of the return of his extra dimensionally stored items. The contents having followed him through Daisuke's portals.
Weiss manoeuvres the Beauty into a run and begins hurtling across the battlefield as his unit are screaming into their radios.

"Grant, I am on my way to your position. The heat emanating from the Beauty should keep you warm if I pick you up. Could everybody stop shouting. You are making my ears bleed!" Unaware that they are all deaf,
Ronith wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:28 am ”GRANT, KEIKO, WITHDRAW AND SUPPORT WEISS. THE REST OF YOU, KILL THE SPLUGORTH. I AM GOING AFTER ASHLYNN.”

"Negative, I no longer require assistance. Ronith, unless you can fly, you are going to struggle to reach her. Looks like a rift opened and closed near Ash. Something may have come through and judging by the reactions of the Splugorth, I don't think it was their's."

Hang in there Ash!

Actions
Initiative 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22
APM 9
Piloting to race across the battlefield to where Grant is blaring out his mayday, trusting his gunner to keep things off his back

Pilot: Robots and Power Armor Basic 103% (+3%) Any Color As Long As It's Black: Negate any speed/handling penalties of one specific model of vehicle (must have corresponding pilot skill) - UAR-1 Enforcers
pilot 1d100<98: [5*] = 1
pilot 1d100<98: [90*] = 1
pilot 1d100<98: [25*] = 1

Dodge
dodge 1d10+11: [9]+11 = 20 dodge 1d10+11: [4]+11 = 15 dodge 1d10+11: [8]+11 = 19 dodge 1d10+11: [7]+11 = 18 dodge 1d10+11: [3]+11 = 14 dodge 1d10+11: [8]+11 = 19 dodge 1d10+11: [2]+11 = 13
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Keiko
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Torment

Post by Keiko »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 /40%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [92] = 92

Active Effects
  • Dimensional Attenuation: 150 Miles
  • Excellent hearing and smell
  • Sixth Sense
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Energy Sphere | 120 PPE | BOM 120 | 38 days | 84 P.P.E./500 M.D.C.
  • Fighting Spirit: +2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 8 Minutes
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 250 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
  • See the invisible; 240 feet; Duration 5 minutes
Keiko hits the ground in a very un-cat like back landing. Slowly she rolls over and picks herself up from the impact. She tries to shake her head clear of the ringing. Haven't been tossed around like that since I first met Devon. Crap can't hear anything. At least my magic is still operational. Who dropped a freaking AMC on us? It's freaking massive. Concentrate. Still enemies around.

Keiko looks around to see the others getting up as well. She spots Ash and tilts her head for a moment. What? What is Ash doing? Something is not right. Keiko can't sense evil right now but she knows that something is not right with her friend. Before she moves she hears Ronith's call over the radio. He sounds so faint as if he is speaking from a great distance. Keiko activates telepathy (-4 ISP) to reply to Ronith, "You got it! I will do what I can. I think he is in the AMC as well. My bow should reach him from here. Just need someone to cover my back. Wait did the radio just go off again? Gods my hearing is shot." Ronith can almost her Keiko wink at him and he does get a little more the she meant to send at the tail end. Keiko will move to a place where she has a good line of sight on the enemies attacking Blue Beauty and fire from the roof top, keeping trust in the others to keep any enemies off her back.

Invincible Armor: 102/250
Invincible Armor Regen Roll: 1d6: [2] = 2

Personal PPE: 88/118
Energy Sphere PPE: 84
ISP: 39/43
Tesla Effect
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
APM: 8

Action 1: Holster melee weapons and Draw Tesla Bow
Action 2: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 Crit; Damage: 4d6: [3, 3, 5, 6] = 17 x2 = 34 MD + Tesla Effect
Action 3: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 6, 1, 1] = 13 + Tesla Effect
Action 4: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 ; Damage: 4d6: [3, 5, 1, 1] = 10 + Tesla Effect
Action 5: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 3, 6, 3] = 17 + Tesla Effect
Action 6: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 ; Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 2, 5] = 16 + Tesla Effect
Action 7: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 1, 6, 2] = 14 + Tesla Effect
Action 8: Strike on Available target harassing Blue Beauty: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 ; Damage: 4d6: [5, 5, 6, 3] = 19 + Tesla Effect

If Keiko can see no active threats against Blue Beauty she will focus her attacks on covering Ronith as he moves to Ash.

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 ; 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 ; 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 ; 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 ; 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 ; 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 ; 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28

Saves (Magic +4, Illusions +1, HF +6): 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d20: [11] = 11

Auto-parry: 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 ; 1d20+11: [15]+11 = 26 ; 1d20+11: [3]+11 = 14 ; 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 ; 1d20+11: [7]+11 = 18 ; 1d20+11: [20]+11 = 31 ; 1d20+11: [12]+11 = 23 ; 1d20+11: [19]+11 = 30


Contingencies:
- If IA and AOI go down Keiko will sacrifice an action to dive behind cover if a ranged attack or parry the attacks if a melee weapon.
-
Keiko

P.P.E.: 110/110
I.S.P.: 35/35
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 86/86
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
Helmet - 40/40
Left Arm 20/20
Right Arm 20/20
Right Leg 30/30
Left Leg 30/30
Main Body - 60/60
Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [13] = 13 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [44] = 44
  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 25/35
  • R Arm: 25/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Leg: 35/45
  • R Leg: 35/45
  • Main Body: 60/87


With his speed and strength back, Barracuda unleashes hell upon the enemy. One down, and many more to go. Feeling the warrior's spirit, he hollers "You stand against a Prince of Atlantis!" Damn, that sounded cool. He rushes after any of the Splugorth minions that are left after they have been powered down by the mysterious cloud. Oblivious to the source of it and wrapped up in rage, he doesn't pause as he chases down the minions with King Tide.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
APM: 7

Action 1: Close with Splugorth minion.
Action 2: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16: [4, 2, 4, 1, 6, 6]+16 = 39
Action 3: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 Damage: 6d6+16: [4, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6]+16 = 43
Action 4: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 6, 2, 5, 1, 2]+16 = 35
Action 5: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 Damage: 6d6+16: [4, 4, 3, 3, 6, 3]+16 = 39
Action 6: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 Damage: 6d6+16: [1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 3]+16 = 34
Action 7: Strike with powered King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 Damage: 6d6+16: [1, 5, 3, 6, 5, 1]+16 = 37

Parries: 1d20+12: [18]+12 = 30 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 1d20+12: [18]+12 = 30 1d20+12: [8]+12 = 20 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Torment

Post by Virtus »

Conditions
Time: Day 12, 6:31am (pre-dawn, no moon visible)
Temperature: -10 F
Visibility: 1000ft (haze)
Wind: 25mph out of the Northwest
Snow: 28"
Radio Traffic: heavy interference, heavy traffic.
Magic Use: Anti Magic Cloud present. nexus rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 500ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
Several Nexus Present within 5 miles and a super nexus. Ley Line storm present (assume Grant will use his magic to suppress)
Open Rifts within 1 mile
Gunnar the gunner fires on the disoriented Kydians. They take positions of cover. Deprived of magic they ready energy pistols and begin firing on Blue. Gunnar lands a devastating his with the railgun bringing another overlord down, but the follow up with the lasers goes wide. As if his luck couldn't get any worse, the railgun jams immediately after. Sensing an opportunity, the Kydians, dart southwest, putting the home improvement store between them. IF Weiss moves to follow, he will see this:
OOC Comments
The Kydians have moved just outside the grey mist and seem to have now regained use of magic, erecting more energy fields.
Grant calls for Daisuke to get him outside of this dark cloud. Daisuke nods and says "I'll see what I can do. It's so flat here." Daisuke looks out as far as he can and spies some trees in the far distance and opens a portal, ushering Grant through.

The Kydians on the roof have regrouped, and have opened fire with energy pistols.

Ronith issues orders; some to turn back and help Weiss, others to engage the unit here but for himself, he throws caution to the wind. Leaping from the roof top he sprints and leaps furiously towards Ashlynn's hovering form in the distance. The sense of evil permeates everything here, though greatly subdued in this anti magic cloud. The cyberknight plows through two other units of Kydians who are engaged with the NEMAN troops. He nears the bank of the river where the signs of battle are everywhere. Energy bolts streak by, the ground explodes near his feet as he dives, tumbles, jumps and dodges in a desperate run for Ashlynn. The Kydians either don't recognize him for what he is, are disoriented by the cloud or just too surprised to see a lone soldier running through their ranks, they only begin to move after he has passed.

Image

Weiss moves into action as he sees Ashlynn behaving in an unnatural fashion. Making a split second decision, he kicks Blue into high gear as he tears through the parking lots and into the battle zone on the banks of the Ohio. Ronith moves with speed and grace, Blue is a spectre of death that towers over the battlefield. The overlords here raise their energy weapons to stop the giant robot and open fire. The unit he approaches numbers around 50 individuals. They may have no magic, but it makes them no less formidable. Blues is struck several times, but from a distance. The immediate future is going to take him right through their ranks. Both Weiss and Gunnar can see the carnage of the battlefield where the Overlords broke through the NEMA ranks. Kydians, humans, robots, vehicles, power and soldiers are strewn everywhere, motionless or mostly so. There are some soldiers writhing in pain on the battlefield, clinging to life. Some of the robots, some nearly as large as blue still seem to have power but perhaps no living crew to pilot them. It's a hard scene, but one that is still being written.

Keiko stands, hearing Ronith's orders and begins firing on the distant Kydians that are firing on Blue. Like an archer out of legend, she draws back the bow and sends out an impossible shot that Athena would have been proud of. Her first shot lands, stunning the overlord while Gunnar aboard Blue takes another one out. Keiko sees Blue begin trucking for their positions. The Kydian takes a second hit before its teammates grab it and head further away. The same on is hit again, dying in the process. The two remaining of that group keep running, being hit by the archer twice more before reaching the end of cloud and erecting new energy fields.

As the Kydian's begin to pull back, Barracuda takes Ronith's words to heart and assails the Overlords with all the ferocity he can muster. King tide rings out at he thrusts his spear into the Splugorth minions. The one trailing behind turns, trying to turn Prince Corwin's trident, but fails and falls, as the armor breaks under the assualt. Barracuda sling the body off and continues on. The regrouping overlords have drawn energy pistols and fire on him as he approaches. Even as he is hit, he drives forward. One that had been injured previously, turns to face him. It tries to deflect the trident but is unsuccessful. A deep thrust from Barracuda opens its belly, spilling gore onto the snow. Keiko, unable to fire any more on the distant Kydians, turns and supports Barracuda, picking out one that looks like a an easy target. Two shots bring it down in quick order.

Butcher's Bill this round:
Barracuda: 64 MDC
Blue: 53 MDC (main body)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Grant Latham »

New Perception: 78% vs 1d100: [54] = 54
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 , 1d100: [51] = 51
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 89%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
  • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 15
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 97/97
  • I.S.P.: 94/94
  • P.P.E.: 400/656
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Radio: Basic 79% vs 1d100: [27] = 27

Active Magic and Psionics
Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.


Staggering through Daisuke's portal, Grant falls to his knees on the other side, the cold somehow now inconsequential as the mage feels his magic reinfusing his body. Heavy breathes of steam billow forth as he says the words to Cosmic Armor (45 PPE | DB13 p120 | 150 min | 500 M.D.C., EBA, Fly 350 mph, 1/2 damage from magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma attacks. -5% physical skills -10% to delicate touch skills) again. As the spell takes affect, he feels tingling in his fingers and toes as warmth returns. Now protected from the elements, the silvery form casts Invulnerability (25 PPE | 7.5 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF). His confidence returning, he trigger's his radio and says in a steady voice, "Thank you Daisuke, I am out of the anti-magic zone."

Grant turns invisible, and triggers the Mystic Invisibility (75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura) on the talisman ring on his left hand, then triggers Invisibility to Sensors(30 min | Organics using tech can save vs magic to see using natural vision.) on the talisman on his right hand. The mage looks at the two dark angry clouds of anti-magic. He has nothing in the way of mundane equipment of consequence that can be used to attack the Kydians within the cloud. He casts Nightvision (4 PPE | 180 min | 600' in non magical darkness) and then Farseeing (3 P.P.E. | 30 min | See license plate up to 2 miles away). He flies 100' in the air and begins to examine the area from his aerial view point over where the NEMA front is located to see if there is anything useful (weapons, robot, or power armor) that is outside the perimeter of the cloud that he could lay his hands on. There must be something out here I can use.



APM: 10 (11 with magic)
Initiative: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14
Critial Strike on 18-20 or from behind
  1. Begin Casting Cosmic Armor
  2. Finish Casting Cosmic Armor
  3. Begin Casting Invulnerability
  4. Finish Casting Invulnerability
  5. Radio Daisuke
  6. Turn Invisible
  7. Trigger Mystic Invisibility from Talisman (2 of 3 charges remaining)
  8. Trigger Invisibility ot Sensors from Talisman (2 of 3 charges remaining)
  9. Cast Nightvision
  10. Cast Farseeing
  11. Rise up in the air.
Contingency:

Will Cast Armor Bizarre if Cosmic Armor is destroyed and/or retreat if needed.

Dodge/Parry(+2/+8): 10d20: [2, 16, 5, 7, 14, 3, 17, 19, 17, 5] = 105
Save vs Magic/Psionics/HF (+17/+10/+15): 10d20: [8, 17, 6, 14, 6, 16, 7, 19, 2, 20] = 115
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record
Info
M.D.C.: 97/[color=#FF00000]97[/color] • P.P.E.: 656/656 • I.S.P.: 94/94 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 89% | 100mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 99% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 1500mi • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC
Contact:

Re: Torment

Post by Barracuda »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 /43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [82] = 82
  • Helmet: 55/55 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Arm: 15/35
  • R Arm: 15/35
  • L Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • R Hand: 18/18 (can only be hit with a Called Shot at -3 to strike)
  • L Leg: 25/45
  • R Leg: 25/45
  • Main Body: 36/87
  • MDC: 50/50
  • Duration: 5:00/5 minutes
  • Magic fire, cold and lightning do ½ damage


Felling two foes and watching as many of the others scramble away is a great feeling for the enraged Barracuda. He rushes toward them, King Tide in hand. "Barracuda here. Going after the enemy. EMP going out in 3...2...1..." Once he's close enough to a good number of them, he releases a radial EMP burst and a bubble of silence for everyone but himself and Keiko. Then he begins laying into the Kydians again.


Initiative: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4
APM: 7

Actions 1-2: Run toward Kydians + activate Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Actions 3-4: EE: EMP. 1d100: [49] = 49 /97% to take out energy weapons and other sensitive electronics in a 20 foot radius.
Action 5: Warp Sound: Mute. 280 foot radius, excluding Keiko and himself.
Action 6: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 Damage: 6d6+16: [4, 5, 4, 6, 1, 4]+16 = 40
Action 7: Strike with King Tide. Strike: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 Damage: 6d6+16: [3, 2, 5, 5, 6, 2]+16 = 39

Barracuda will sacrifice his actions 6 and/or 7 to get into position for his actions 3-4.

Parries: 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 1d20+12: [11]+12 = 23
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
Ledger
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Torment

Post by Ronith »

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 , 1d100: [70] = 70
PER: 1d100: [89] = 89 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
Conditions:
Applies to anyone who directs an attack at Ronith: +2 strike and parry, +1 dodge. Opponents lose all machine-provided bonuses, -1 APM, -4 strike Ronith, -2 to dodge Ronith’s attacks.
,
RPA Pilots: Inexperienced operators (levels 1-3) cannot use sensors at all, lose two attacks every time they try to figure out what’s going on. Experienced operators lose one attack and have a -40% penalty.
,
35m30s, 92% skill, 120ft. range, can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings.
,
+2 APM | + 1 on initiative | + 1 to strike with guns | +3 to strike in melee combat | +2 to disarm, parry and dodge | +4 to pull punch | +2 to roll with impact | +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear | +2 to save vs possession | Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20 | karate kick (ID8 S.D.C.) | jump kick | Paired Weapons | leap attack and judo flip/throw | Duration: 7.00 Minutes
,
19m00s, can hide in shadows 5+ ft tall, +15% to prowl, attackers -5 to hit.
,
60 min | 50 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
,
Lose bonuses from amplified hearing (+3I/1p/2d), -6 p/d attacks from behind, -3 s/p/d all other attacks, automatically loses initiative.
,
280ft. area, 47m45s, can track supernatural evil and pinpoint number of sources (1, 2-6, 7-14, 15+)


Ronith grits his teeth and continues sprinting after Ashlynn as fast as he can. He will make a point of avoiding any NEMAns, and of killing any Splugorth, that he can as he travels along his path. As time allows, he will draw what strength he can from the ley line to activate his telepathic ability, mainly to communicate with the others but also to try and reach Ashlynn once he’s in range (1,620 feet I think?). Keep it up everyone! Ashlynn- can you hear me?


Initiative: 0
APM: 8

Attack 1: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [7]+19 = 26 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD
Attack 2: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [11]+19 = 30 to strike, 1d6*22: [2]*22 = 44 MD
Attack 3: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [10]+19 = 29 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 4: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [9]+19 = 28 to strike, 1d6*22: [5]*22 = 110 MD
Attack 5: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [8]+19 = 27 to strike, 1d6*22: [4]*22 = 88 MD
Attack 6: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [15]+19 = 34 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD
Attack 7: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [12]+19 = 31 to strike, 1d6*22: [6]*22 = 132 MD
Attack 8: Sword strike with Frostfang- 1d20+19: [5]+19 = 24 to strike, 1d6*22: [1]*22 = 22 MD

Contingent actions: If Ronith runs out of Splugorth minions to kill as he runs after Ashlynn, he will use two actions to pull ISP from the ley line and activate telepathy ((+ 1d6+1: [2]+1 = 3 ISP, -4 ISP, not deducted)).

Auto-parries: 1d20+23: [5]+23 = 28 , 1d20+23: [20]+23 = 43 , 1d20+23: [4]+23 = 27 , 1d20+23: [8]+23 = 31 , 1d20+23: [14]+23 = 37 , 1d20+23: [15]+23 = 38 , 1d20+23: [12]+23 = 35 , 1d20+23: [8]+23 = 31
Auto-dodges: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent)
| BOM 109 | 10 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
ISP- 81/91; PPE- 47/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
Frostfang Heals: 3/4. Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (1/3); Cleanse (3/3)
Post Reply

Return to “Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum”