G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a) archived2020-21

Underguard

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Underguard »

The rest of the GIRLS filter in at varying degrees behind Jez, with the Android following Lucille back to the Hanger.

Upon entering the Hanger, the Android will look to Lucille. "Unless I am needed, I will remain by the door and ensure no unwelcomed persons trespass. Please do not hesitate to seek me out. I will alert you when the Creator wishes to communicate."

Lucille can walk away from the android and will note that it stands in an at ease position directly next to the door.
Unit Eight
Unit 8 (s).png
Unit 8 (s).png (104.25 KiB) Viewed 20708 times
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:
Megan's Note to Jez from the Adventure Thread
You realize that if it can contact us through that thing, then it can and probably will also use it to spy on us without our knowledge. And if it's electronics are as advanced as that other one's is, analog comms are probably going to be the most secure method, even if they are the least convenient.
Megan walks into the dormitory room she chose for herself and collapses onto her bed, closing her eyes and mentally commands her Sound Filtration System to block out all noise as the a headache comes on as the adrenaline in her system fades. She's not sure just how long she had been there, although she's fairly certain it's not more than a few minutes due to the beating of her heart. It occurs to her that the team doctor may have something that she can prescribe to Megan to help with the headache.

Mentally resetting her Sound Filtration System back to normal, she leaves to find Susan, and upon finding her, asks her for anything to help her with her headache, explaining to her about always getting them from after an extended tense time because of tension. If there is an available shower stall, she will use it, otherwise she will wait for one to become available to shower, taking extra care where her flesh meets her cybernetic and bionic implants. After getting clean and putting on clean clothes, she heads to the common area where everyone else is converging.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Susan Lee wrote:She goes upstairs to the showers and runs into Megan. "I do have standard analgesics in my medical kit. Otherwise I could inject you with a tranquilizer or truth serum. I understand it's supposed to be very relaxing." Susan waggles the finger with her injection cybernetics in Megan's general direction.
Megan is confused by the first thing that Susan offers, now knowing what it is, but fully understand what the other two options were. "What's an analgesic? I mean if you think it should help, then lets go with that because the other two leave me concerned." Megan tells the good doctor. After her headache subsides and she's freshly showered, she smells the delicious food being cooked by Analoy. Upon first seeing the tattooed woman, Megan takes a few moments to gawk at the art inked on the woman's skin until Megan begins to feel self conscious about it or someone calls her out on it.

"Those are some rather impressive pieces of art you have. They got a story?" Megan will ask Analoy as she piles some slices of French Toast onto a plate and sprinkle powdered sugar on them.

If Megan sees Lucille, she will say "Hey, you got a minute after we're done eating?"
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy pulls back up to HQ, having asked Unit 8 to run at pace as 'watch out for danger' - whatever that means to its silicone innards. Given the other 'borg's abilities, this should be a piece of cake for this one, but worth checking out.
Underguard wrote:The rest of the GIRLS filter in at varying degrees behind Jez, with the Android following Lucille back to the Hanger.

Upon entering the Hanger, the Android will look to Lucille. "Unless I am needed, I will remain by the door and ensure no unwelcomed persons trespass. Please do not hesitate to seek me out. I will alert you when the Creator wishes to communicate."
"Um... yeah, I guess. Yes. Remain by the door. Yes, that's good." Mummu what is this thing and why did Jez ask it to follow me? she wonders, but at the same time she's intrigued. I wonder how you tick... She eyes the Unit 8 with a sudden cold calculation of an engineer for a moment, but then flashes back to her normal sweet self with a toothy grin. "Alright then, I'll... um... see you around."

She heads back to her room, pulls off her armor and checks for any damage. Super glad Amber caught me. Not a scratch on her. She showers and slips into her comfortable jumpsuit, pulls her hair back into a short ponytail, and then swings back around to the Hangar where she finds Millicent busy going over the group's vehicles.

"Hey Milly, after we get rested up, you want to investigate this 'borg with me?" she asks. "I don't know much about cyborgs, but a machine's a machine, I guess?"
Analoy wrote:Whenever Megan, or any other new person, makes their way in, Analoy motions to the growing stack of french toast and says, "Help yourself. The bacon should be ready in a few." She's changed since the basement and is now wearing just a sports bra and a skirt. Her numerous tattoos visible as she floats back and forth behind the counter. "By the way, my name's Analoy. Team chef. If you have any grocery needs, just let me know and I'll get them taken care of."
As she wonders back around, the aroma of frying fat waffs into Lucy's nose. Now what is this magic I'm sensing!? She makes a beeline to the kitchens, requiring very little encouragement to dive in.

Between bites and banter, she speaks up. "So you're Annie? Seems like the old guard on GIRLS knows you well." And a good thing too with that cooking! she thinks, her mouth watering with delight. "Looks like you've got some fancy powers to be floating around. You from wherever it is Jez is from?" she takes a stab at a clearly wrong guess.
Megan Price wrote:If Megan sees Lucille, she will say "Hey, you got a minute after we're done eating?"
Lucy stops mid-chop into a piece of french toast. "Sure Megan, what's on yer mind?" she asks, trying to wipe the syrup off her chin in some kind of lady-like manner.

To Susan: "Hey, thanks for lending me that netgun back there. She came in real handy!" Lucy smiles recalling the thrill of webbing her first 'borg. "I'll get her recharged and hand it back to you, ok?"

Before they finish eating, Lucy pipes up again. "Any of y'all got knowledge to put to use on investigating our new 'borg, well, just give a holler at me. Bound to be all kinds of sensors and stuff we should know about, maybe nanobots? Who knows."
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**
Amber Dach wrote:Before Lucy heads out to figure out the capabilities of Unit 8, she asks her, “Lucy. Before you go getting involved with that, whatever the hell it is down there, I was wondering if you would be able to add some mods to my armour. I have some ideas of what I want done. I know this, whatever it is, is your priority right now, so let me know when you have some time to discuss it.”
"Armor mods?! Well heck yeah I'd be up for that!" Lucy grins from ear to ear at the prospects. "You thinking protection? Better sneakiness? Enhanced muscle? Special sensors? Flight? Or, uh..." she scrunches her face in deep thought. "...a headlamp? Ok ok, maybe not a headlamp - though could be useful! Just you let me know what you were thinking and I'll see what I can do." She looks over the table at the others. "Same goes for the rest of you. If you can dream it, I'll try to figure out what bedazzled device will deliver!"
Amber Dach wrote:“You asked for some suggestions about that thing down there.” She gestures towards the entrance where Unit 8 is guarding the entrance. “Maybe try asking it. I know it won’t tell you everything about it’s capabilities, but maybe it will tell you what skills it has. It’s a place to start.” She chuckles lightly before making a poor joke. “I’d offer to help but I don’t think I’ll be able to tap into that things mind.”
"Oh, sure, I suppose we could just ask it what skills it has to spy on us. That's a thought!" Lucy files this away in her worth-a-try-but-honestly? mental notes. Amber's offhand joke, however, does give Lucy pause. "Might you be able to communicate mentally with machines? Sorta like I did back with the cameras? That 'borg might not have a mind in our normal way of thinking 'bout it, but it's got programming and such that maybe we could mentally read? Think it over."
Jezebel wrote:Before hopping down she adds, "After we get our shit sorted here, we're all likely to break up for a few hours to see to our own shit out in town. But I expect to see each and every one of you at twenty-hundred hours at Taste of the Town. It's a fancy pants restaurant, so dress all fancy and shit. Oh yeah, my bust. My name is Jez. I run this joint. We can all talk at length over dinner tonight." She hops down with a smile before scampering off to her room to get dressed.
Belly full, Lucy suddenly realizes how drained she feels. Gruumsh, it feels like days since I had some good mental rest. She gets up from the table, saying "Pleasure to be a part of all this, but this gal's got to rest and freshen up before tonight's big outing!" She heads to her room, kicks off her shoes, and quiets her mind as she was taught at Stormspire, her last wandering thought reminding her that her nice clothes are still in the ATV. (PPE recovery: 8/hr meditation; ISP recovery: 6/hr meditation).
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Analoy wrote:Of course there's more to the story but that's all Analoy says. She gives a little shrug, then stands up and puts her plate in the dishwasher. There's really not much else to do to clean up the kitchen, since she applied the tried and true cooking method of cleaning as you go. Turning she looks around the room at the others, "Well, I think I'm gonna go do some shopping. I need to find something to wear for tonight. Plus a few other odds and ends. Anyone else wanna come?"

Whether alone or with any of the others, Analoy departs the base and heads for the Northern Gun Store in the Arms Bazzar
"I need to do that as well as I have nothing nice to wear, unless you consider black fatigues to be nice. But before I head out I want a quick chat with Millicent and Lucille as I have a project I would like for them to work on." Megan says to Analoy.

After Millie and Lucy are done eating, she meets them by her Wild Weasel in the hangar area. "So, I'm just curious as to what you two know about the Wild Weasel power armor?" Megan starts off with. The information Megan wants to see if they are aware of is the power armor's primary feature, which are the WWECM 6 Black Boxes mounted on each shoulder, giving it unparalleled electronic warfare superiority. If neither of them mention it's ECM warfare capabilities, Megan will tap one of the suits shoulder mounted black boxes and gives them the run down on what it can do. Either way, she will finish by asking them "Do you think it's possible to recreate those black boxes to something that isn't mounted on the power suit, preferable man portable. I would have like to have had my power armor there today due to the radio interference, but I wouldn't have been allowed because of MercTown's policy. It also means that I don't need to solely rely on it for that kind of work in case it gets damaged or destroyed."

After that, Megan will leave them to their own devices as she leaves to go with Analoy to the Northern Gun Store in the Arms Bazzar.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**
Millicent Mayeux wrote:Millicent will nod with a mouthful of French toast. Swallowing she will happily answer. ”Sure. That sounds fun! I am much more experienced with weapon systems and vehicles, but as you say, a machine is a machine. Unless its not. If we find bionics and we have ourselves a cyborg, I may be out of my depth. That would be intriguing. And dramatic. Pass a ‘borg off as a robot.” Millicent shrugs. ”I doubt that is the case.”

"Me either, but," and she stands, putting her hands on her hips in a power stance "with our powers combined!" She flashes a smile at Milly. "Good deal gal, we'll crack this nut here real good." She pounds a fist into her other hand, and then realizes how aggressive she's being, and becomes more sheepish. "I mean, we'll see what this Unit 8 is all about..."

Amber Dach wrote:Before Lucy heads out to figure out the capabilities of Unit 8, she asks her, “Lucy. Before you go getting involved with that, whatever the hell it is down there, I was wondering if you would be able to add some mods to my armour. I have some ideas of what I want done. I know this, whatever it is, is your priority right now, so let me know when you have some time to discuss it.”
Millicent Mayeux wrote:Millicents head perks upo as Amber asks about armor modifications. ”I can help wit that! Infact, I am sure I can add a descent amount of protection to any armor you have, If you do not mind me voiding the factory warranty.” Millicent smirks. ”Most manufacturers tend to balance what works vs what is easy to install. Same goes for the teams vehicles. Given enough time and access to parts, I can reinforce any protective armor or plating we have.”

Lucy turns back to Milly swooping in to rescue Amber's armor mods and... breaks into further smiles! "Oh wow, of course - we could just add physical armor to the armor!" She frowns a bit to herself recognizing that such mods would lack gems and silver and copper wire. "It won't be as pretty though..." She turns back to Amber. "Guess it depends on what you want! But sounds like between the two of us, we can get some armor mods together for ya." Welp, sounds like I'm going to need to start prototyping some equipment.

Megan Price wrote:"Do you think it's possible to recreate those black boxes to something that isn't mounted on the power suit, preferable man portable. I would have like to have had my power armor there today due to the radio interference, but I wouldn't have been allowed because of MercTown's policy. It also means that I don't need to solely rely on it for that kind of work in case it gets damaged or destroyed."
Millicent Mayeux wrote:Millicent will immediately go into ‘tech mode and begin eyeing the SAMAS. ”I have worked on very few flying suits, and never a Weasel.” Hearing Megan’s breakdown of the black boxes, Millicent will try and think of possibilities. ”I don’t see why we couldn’t remove a Black Box from the armor. All it really needs is a power source, which is only a matter of convenience and availability, and an interface which is trivial…” She eyes the piece of machinery in question. ”It would be cumbersome. But I could do it. We could probably modify it to make it detachable.” She motions to the PA. ”Power draw will be the biggest hurdle, but not an actual issue.” Millicent seems confident in her ability to isolate the system and jury rig a power source so it could be used without the amor.

Lucy frowns as Milly talks them through her Wild Weasel black boxes. "Not sure that's a tech I'm all that familiar with, and doesn't sound like any magitech I can think of." She thinks over her magical knowledge. Sense Magic? Doesn't seem like that would track missiles, well, unless they were magic missiles. She gives a snort that no one outside her head understands. "But I can offer Milly a hand, maybe think more about this power source issue." That'd have to be one big diamond to power such range and function... maybe these chicks are secretly rich?! She gives Megan and Milly a more thoughtful scan. Hrmmmm...
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy emerges from a restful meditation. does some casual stretching, and wanders out of her room.

It is eerily quite in the Hanger.

"Girls? Girls??" Huh, guess they really did have shopping to do...

She heads to her ATV and upon seeing her same old tired clothes, she thinks, we go paid today! Her universal card beginning to burn a hole in her pocket, she decided to seek out a new outfit for tonight.

"Let's see," she says to no one in particular. "Stop over the leyline and then... where was it they said they were going..."

Going to Miranda's Fashion Boutique (62), but going along the leyline to recharge as she can.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy bee lines it straight to her room to hang up her dress, stressed and frazzled from the return journey. My holy Mummu the potholes in Merctown are going to drive me spare! her thoughts perseverate on all the ways her dress could have been creased or scrunched. She takes a longer than usual shower to calm her nerves down, pondering over enhancements she could put through those silvery threads to prevent them from damage. "Let's see, there's that Cleanse device that Antoine wanted us to learn... I suppose I could fireproof it, um, in case I need to rescue small children from a burning building while on the way to a gala?" Any of the GIRLS nearby can tell she's annoyed at the misalignment of her tech magic and the elegance required by the dress.

Once toweled off, she finds some clean undergarments, pulls a comb through her hair, and then carefully cajoles her dress back on, fiddling and fussing with some impossible zipper. Now how's a girl suppose to do this all her lonesome?! "Ladies? Anyone offer this old grease monkey some help?" she calls out into the Hanger corridor.

After she's all zipped up, she heads down stairs to await their ride to Taste of the Town, noting a few new crates with notes scrawled on them.
Jezebel wrote:
  • Note wrote:Gang, Make sure everyone has secure comms integrated into their armor. You can cannibalize these for that purpose if needed. Stow whatever is not needed for that purpose in secure storage--these aren't cheap commercial radios.
    ~Jez
    P.S. We'll have no more communications breakdowns on account of the ladies being ill-equipped!
  • Note wrote:Gang, Mount this cannon on Lucy's ATV so passengers can help keep everyone safe.
    ~Jez
    P.S. If you don't, I might just use this as a sidearm and make you all feel weak!
Ah, work to do! She makes a mental note to not get too wild this evening. The early worm gets the guns! She snorts, and then realizes that no one around her has any idea what's so funny.

Jez's notes also remind Lucy that several of the GIRLS wanted some enhancements to their armor, and had other projects too. Her thoughts on the future occupy her into the limo, so her barely hears Amber complimenting her. "Yes yes, you too," she manages. I'll need to narrow down what they want, and then put in a gem order, and hunt down other parts... It's only once they are away from the hanger that she settles down and notices just how nice everyone looks. "Wow you gals! Ain't no comparison, we're the hottest merc group this side of Dweomer!"

(to Taste of the Town)
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Megan arrives to the team base with her newly acquired tuxedo in a garment bag that she she carefully carries into the hangar, which she promptly hangs up in her dorm room on the second floor. After that, she returns to the hangar floor looking for her deliveries and getting them stored, letting the task help her forget of the disturbing thoughts that had been haunting her since she left Miranda's. Looking at the Gladius, she's not quite sure if it should go to the armor rack or to the hangar next to her Wild Weasel. She decides that for the moment at the very least it can take residence next to her flying power armor and she can figure things out after tonight. Then she drags her Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon over to the weapons rack and stores it then removes her NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol from its holster and stores it in there too, then removes both of her vibro-swords and her vibro-knife and stow them in there as well. It's at this time that she realizes she meant to pick up a smaller long range weapon either from Wilk's, NG, or Wellington but had forgot. She makes a mental note that if she has the time to do just that tomorrow. She has to spend the rest of today getting ready. Going to the armor rack, she takes off her Naruni N-F20A Force Field Belt with fully charged e-clip and hangs it diagonally around the torso of her ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor. She goes to the munition storage and puts her NG Self Charging Power Pack in there, as well as the box of remaining Naruni Plasma Cartridges and loaded spare clip.

She goes and gets clean then is about to get ready when she realizes that she really doesn't know much about applying makeup or hairstyles aside from the most basic and practical hairstyles. She asks the rest of the ladies if any of them can help her in this regard. If none of them can, she will go to a beauty parlor in MercTown and pay. The specific hairstyle she wants is to have her hair hanging down her face, hiding the left side from view. Once that has been accomplished she will get dressed in her tux (returning back to the hangar as necessary), slipping on her gloves, and is ready to leave with the rest of the group in the limo that will take them to Taste of the Town.