Alias: Jes, Bramble
Animal Type: Rabbit
Background: Raised by Bandits
Alignment: Unprincipled
XP Level: 1
XP Points: 14
Next Level @ XP: 16
Available BIO-E Points: 6
Sentiments/Humans: Jesper has never met one before, but he's heard the stories. He is likely to be cautious if a human were to cross his path, but also curious.
Sentiments/Reclaimers: He shares the Reclaimers desire to explore the land; however, he's not so keen on claiming any of it for himself. He appreciates their willingness to take on risks. Fortune favors the bold!
Sentiments/Orthodox: Jesper appreciates the traditions and sense of community that the faction works to maintain. Stability makes Folk comfortable and easy targets for a bandit.
Sentiments/Imperials: The Imperials' drive to "civilize the savages" doesn't sit well with Jesper's live-and-let-live attitude.
Species Hostilities: None; however, he will be cautious around carnivorous creatures with hungry eyes.
Disposition: This brave and bold bunny is eager to put footprints all over the world and have the sort of adventures that the bards sing about.
Insanity: None

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 11
M.E.: 15
M.A.: 20
P.S.: 12
P.P.: 12
P.E.: 13
P.B.: 11
Speed: 47

PHYSICAL DATA
H.P.: 17
S.D.C.: 49
P.P.E.: 26
I.S.P.: 45
Sex: Male
Height: 3' 6"
Weight: 36 lbs.
Description: Although Jesper walks upright, it’s clear that he is a rabbit. His long, black-tipped ears are a dead giveaway. His left ear bears a scar he received as a kit. He has brown eyes located on either side of his head and his fur is colored in various shades of browns and creams. You’ll find him wearing clothing suitable for travel.

BIO-E DETAILS
Rabbit BIO-E Base: 70
Raised by Bandits Background Bonus: 5
Vestigial Ears: -5
Prey Eyes: -10
Diet (Herbivore): -5
Total Budget: 95 BIO-E

Size Increase x2 (from 3 to 5): 10
Hands (full): 10
Biped (full): 10
Speech (full): 10
Running Claws: 5
Leaping (Rodent): 5
Advanced Hearing: 5
Extraordinary Speed: 10
Danger Sense: 10
Invisible Haze: 20
Natural Abilities
Perception: 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
Charm/Impress: 5%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Max. Encumbrance: 11 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 120 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 240 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 12' long, 11' high (+2'/level) with running start (otherwise half the distance/height), can jump down/drop 14' without taking damage
Leaping (Rodent)
Advanced Hearing
Extraordinary Speed
Running Claws
Relatives & Connections: The character has a 25% chance of recognizing any bandits who are in disguise, hiding, or "retired," from their days on the run.
Native Language (English) 88% (+1%)

Psionics
Danger Sense
Range: 90 feet (27.4 m) or self.
Duration: Four melee rounds (one minute).
Minimum M.E.: None. Not available to Mutant Humans.
Saving Throw: None.
Cost: 10 BIO-E.
The Danger Sense is a psychic intuition that provides a precognitive flash concerning imminent danger to himself or someone near him (within 30 feet/9.1 m). This includes hidden ambush, snipers, traps, a predatory animal stalking from the shadows, a poisonous snake, land mine, or dangerous situations (bridge can not support his weight, etc.). Danger Sense does not indicate what or where the danger might be, just that it exists and is imminent. Ultimately, it should put the character on alert that something is wrong and he must be careful and ready to act quickly (+2 on initiative to respond to the threat, + I to dodge). Note: The character must specify when the power is being used. It does not work automatically.
Invisible Haze
Range: 120 feet (36.6 m).
Duration: Six minutes.
Minimum M.E.: I5
Saving Throw: Standard.
Cost: 20 BIO-E.
The character broadcasts a powerful hypnotic suggestion that basically says "you don't see me," to everyone within range. When triggered, the character will simply vanish from the point of view of everyone affected. Those who fail to save vs psionics can not see the character, even if they have psionic powers like See Invisible or See Aura. Attacks against invisible foes are -6 to strike, parry and dodge, and -6 on initiative. Since this is a psychic invisibility, whatever the character picks up, wears or carries also becomes invisible. Making a successful save vs psionics means seeing the character without any difficulty.
Primary Skills
Pick Locks 30% (+5%)
Pick Pockets 25% (+5%)
Escape Artist 30% (+5%)
Concealment 20% (+4%)
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 15% (+5%)
Detect Concealment & Traps 25% (+5%)
Acrobatics
--Sense of Balance 60% (+2%)
--Walk Tightrope or High Wire 60% (+3%)
--Climb Rope 70% (+2%)
--Climbing 40% (+4%)
--Back Flip 50% (+5%)
--Fearless of Heights
Fencing
Heraldry 15%/20% (+5%)
Recognize Weapon Quality 25% (+5%)
Navigation 50% (+5%)

Secondary Skills
Wilderness Survival 30% (+5%)
Prowl 30% (+5%)
Tracking 30% (+5%)
Ventriloquism 16% (+4%)
Hand to Hand Expert
W.P. Sword

Combat Data
HTH Type: Expert
Number of Attacks: 4
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: -2 (thrown weapons only)
Parry Bonus: -2
Dodge Bonus: +1
HTH Damage Bonus:
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +4
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm:
Claws: 1D6

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Sword: +2 to Strike, +1 Parry

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death:
Magic (varies):
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
Insanity (12+):
Psionics: 10+
Horror Factor (varies):
Last edited by Jesper on Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Jesper Brambleborn
“Then his sense of adventure and mischief prompted him.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down
Jesper

Re: Jesper Brambleborn

Post by Jesper »

Equipment

Carried/In Hand

Worn on Person
White Linen Shirt
Brown Woolen Tunic
Brown Woolen Knee-Length Pants
Leather Belt
Forest Green Cape with Buckle
Soft Leather Armor

Belt
Short Sword (Saffron)
Short Sword (Thistle)
• Pouch of Bucks (see below)
• Pouch containing a Set of Lock Picks

Traveling Pack
• Waterskin (two pints)
• Hardtack
• Dried Fruit
• Jar of Honey
• Carving of Thistle (crafted by Irok)
• Flint and Steel
• Wool Blanket
• Treated Torch (lasts three hours)
• Rope (40')
Knife

Bucks: 216

Gear Stats
OOC Comments
Soft Leather Armor (Full)
  • Armor Rating: 10
  • S.D.C.: 20
  • Weight: 4 lbs
  • Features:
  • Modifiers:

Short Sword (Saffron)
  • Range: Close Combat
  • Damage: 2D4
  • Weight: 1 lbs
  • Features: Superior Blade Edge
  • Modifiers: +3 damage

Short Sword (Thistle)
  • Damage: 2D4
  • Weight: 1 lbs
  • Features: Superior Blade Edge
  • Modifiers: +3 damage

Knife
  • Damage: 1D6
  • Weight: .5 lbs
  • Features:
  • Modifiers:
Last edited by Jesper on Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Jesper Brambleborn
“Then his sense of adventure and mischief prompted him.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Background Story

Jesper walked along the road, enjoying his freedom and the feel of dirt beneath his feet. On the horizon, he could just make out the trees at the edge of Fallwood. The forest was his home for much of his life. He had no idea where he was born, but Marcus told him that he had been found as an abandoned kit near the King’s Road. The old badger said that he spotted Jes crying amongst the blackberries. As Jesper walked, he wondered if he would pass by the same thorny bramble. I ought to return the favor and cut a branch from it…scar it the way it cut my ear, he thought to himself. Jes snorted at his pettiness and turned his thoughts back to the badger.

Twenty years ago, Marcus Sternclaw was the leader of a small band of Fallwood bandits. Most Folk would have left me behind, but you had a heart of gold, Jesper thought, reflecting upon the badger’s decision to rescue a baby. As a young rabbit, Jesper was naturally curious and prone to getting into shenanigans. I was so restless! How did you see the potential in me? Marcus was quick to provide lessons to keep Jesper busy. Jesper proved to be quite adept at moving about unnoticed and made an excellent lookout and pickpocket. No one ever suspects the children…supposed to be innocent or something.

Jesper’s life as a bandit was short-lived. Eight years ago, the forest was raided by the King’s Guard. Most of Jesper’s family was arrested and thrown away in the dungeon to await execution. Jesper was spared this fate due to his young age. Instead of the dungeon, he was sent to live with a modest rabbit merchant and his wife. The Braebucks were kind and possessed the patience of saints. They tried everything they could to persuade Jesper of the benefits of living in a city. He thought he might have preferred the dungeon.

Jesper stopped and turned around to look at Kingsalter. It never felt like home and the Braebucks were never his family. Still, he felt guilty for leaving the Braebucks without so much as a goodbye. He felt even worse for stealing 50 bucks from them. I shouldn’t have done that, Jesper thought with a twitch of his nose. For a few seconds, he considered going back, but instead, he turned towards Fallwood and started walking again.

Character Questions
  • Where were you born & what follows from that? I’m not really sure. I’ve been told that I was found in a blackberry bush, not terribly far from Fallwood.
  • Who are/were your parents & what follows from that? I don’t remember my parents and I haven’t an idea of who they might have been. Perhaps they were royalty and I’m a lost prince! Perhaps I was abandoned because I'm not like them. The bandits who found me are my family. To be more specific, Marcus Sternclaw raised me. He was a grumpy badger, but quite patient with my antics.
  • Are your parents still alive & what follows from that? I don’t believe so. And if I had any siblings, they were not left in the same spot where I was found. Marcus, and many of the others, were arrested and executed.
  • What were you doing before you started adventuring & what follows from that? I have a knack for getting into places I shouldn’t be and I know how to move about unnoticed. Marcus recognized my talents and trained me to be a pickpocket and snoop of sorts. Sadly, our group was betrayed and many of us were caught. I was deemed too young for execution or a stay in the dungeon. Arrangements were made for a rabbit family to take me in. The Braebucks were very kind and tried their best with me. I sometimes feel guilty for leaving.
  • Why did you leave & what follows from that? Kingsalter never felt like home. I have itchy feet and I’m ready to see a bit of the world.
  • What did you leave behind & what follows from that? I'm leaving behind a family that doesn't feel like my own and the safety of a city that isn't home.
  • What do you want & what follows from that? I want to see the world and remember what it was like to live a life of adventure.
Relationship to other player characters
  • Auriana: She's clever, very clever! And she keeps a sharp eye on Irok, just to make sure no one takes advantage of him. I ought to be very careful in my dealings with Irok, lest I find myself facing this talented fox.
  • Irok: When I first came to Kingsalter, I was desperate for any information regarding Marcus and the others. Irok seemed just smart enough to help me, but not quite bright enough to realize that he was being used. As it turned out, the big guy took a liking to me and started following me around. I think he's quite obsessed with my ears! I often spoke of my plans to leave the city, so I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that he followed me to Fallwood as well.
  • Kaster: Goodness! I haven't seen him in years! His folks used to drive goods near the Fallwood. There was some sort of agreement between Markeff Trodwell and Marcus; their cart was always safe near the forest. Whilst the Trodwells were visiting, Kaster and I played together.
  • Quetzalcoatl: I'm not sure what to think of Irok's large hummingbird friend. It's difficult to think of anything whilst he's hovering nearby. The sound of his wings are quite deafening! Oh, he might bring the bear stories from outside of Kingsalter, but I'm pretty sure he thinks of me as a midday snack.
  • Thistle: Thistle was my closest friend. He shared my sense of adventure. As children, we were always getting into trouble together. He became a skilled weaponsmith as we grew older. A short sword he called Saffron was his greatest creation. I've carried her ever since his untimely death. My own sword has been named after Thistle.
Last edited by Jesper on Tue May 03, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Jesper Brambleborn
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Scratch Sheet
Use this post for any rolls pertaining to your character.
Every die roll must include a note as to what the roll is for.
GMs are at liberty to invalidate any roll not clearly denoted.

Attributes:
3d6: [5, 6, 6] = 17
3d6: [5, 4, 6] = 15
3d6: [3, 2, 6] = 11
3d6: [4, 6, 2] = 12
3d6: [4, 1, 2] = 7
3d6: [2, 6, 4] = 12
3d6: [4, 3, 6] = 13
3d6: [2, 4, 1] = 7
Exploding? 1d6: [4] = 4

HP:
1d6: [5] = 5

SDC:
1d6: [4] = 4

ISP:
4d6: [3, 1, 6, 5] = 15

Ex. Spd:
2d6: [5, 5] = 10

Starting Money:
1d6: [5] = 5 times 100
Saving 10 BIO-E for Righting Reflexes
Take Paired Weapons when I can
Jesper Brambleborn

Return to “Cast of Characters”