[MW III] Operation Overlord

The Phase World/Three Galaxies Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 am

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 14:
9
+3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
30

Stats: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/88 • • ISP: 58/48
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108

Obviously, I have hitched myself to the right group of people. With access like they possess I will have much less trouble following the will of the Machine.

"We must merely invent a motive of profit from the Splugorth perspective, and make it clear to them." Tis speaks aloud forgetting for a moment both her youth and that she is a stranger to these people. "I mean appealing to their sense of civic duty won't work, right?"
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: Operation Overlord

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 26:
18

JIC: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
91


Conditions: 16 missiles and 167 grenades remaining, -56 Silverhawk Main Body MDC, -46 Personal MDC

"The faster the demons are routed the faster commerce begins again. It's in the Splugorth's interest to aid in Center's defense," Winston says as he draws his pistol and double checks the charge on it. The commander's description of the route they'd be taking was all well and good but intel can be wrong and a nearly clear route was not the same as an actually clear one. "Could we retrieve armor and weapons from the Magic? If we're going to do this I'd love to have my other armor and my rifle while the tech's work on Agatha."
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
User avatar
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:28 am

The world’s shortest briefing concludes, and Corbulo turns back to the business of saving his city. In between, he answers any lingering questions you may have. Many of you quietly talk amongst yourselves- more than a little trepidation is shared about having to venture into Splugorth territory (not to mention soliciting them as allies!), but with the notable (and pungent) exception of Baron you all handle the news with stoic professionalism.

Those of you who haven’t yet done so finalize your requests to Kruxxis for additional supplies, who nods distractedly and begins tapping away at his own pad, muttering at soulless Naruni and opportunistic civilian traders. Winston also brings up the possibility of doing a supply run from your ships- at a minimum, Holt is certainly capable of teleporting back and forth to bring up any lighter supplies requested ((which I will leave you guys to sort out amongst yourselves)). In the meantime, those of you who want to leave gear behind for repairs can strip out of it- techs start filing in and begin getting to work in one corner of the room converted into a makeshift workshop.

Holt wrote:"Any status on the CAF Consulate in 2-B? Is it holding? I have some friends over there who might be useful as a launching-point ... just an idea though."
Corbulo shakes his head. ”I don’t have any information about the consulate specifically. However, I can tell you that most of the demons’ primary targets on Level 2 were located in section 2-A. Those forces they did divert to 2-B appear to have been primarily concerned with shutting down the shipyards- unsuccessfully, I might add. With reinforcements drying up, they’re already pulling out of 2-B. Knowing the CAF marine corps, I’m sure they kept their heads down and in the absence of a strategic reason to target the embassy, they’re probably in better shape than we are. Barring any random homicidal monsters who decided to have some fun, of course.”

When you’re ready, you are shown from the briefing room to the nearest lift down to Level 3. This corner of Level 2 is relatively quiescent, although the various howls, screeches, and explosions from the direction of C&C make it hard to forget that there’s still a war on. The presence of armed Center Security on what seems like every street corner doesn’t help, either. Fortunately, you are directed in the opposite direction from the cacophony.

A short lift ride later, you emerge on Level 3. Initially, it doesn’t look too bad- to your left is a series of airlocks sealing off the so-called ‘Alien Sector’ from the rest of Center. You spot a few cracks pockmarking the walls around the airlock, and it’s only when some of you double over and begin coughing and retching that you realize toxic atmosphere is leaking out of them!

OOC wrote:Everyone who posted a JIC percentile roll of 80% or higher last round, (including any of you who failed to get a post up since my last update) and who are not currently wearing some form of environmental protection or independent air supply post a save vs. lethal poison. If you fail, you take 1d6 points of damage (direct to HP if you’re an SDC being), and are -1 to all combat rolls for the next 1d4 minutes after you leave the vicinity of the alien sector.

Realizing that lingering in the area is a very bad idea, you quickly move into the Splugorth trading post and away from the gases leaking out of the alien sector. As you pass, to your right you spot another glass dome, remarkably intact. Those of you who’ve been to Center before, or even are familiar with the city’s layout, recognize it as The Labyrinth, Lord Klynn’s answer to the infamous Preserves of Atlantis. Like the alien sector, it is largely undamaged save for occasional divots on its surface- fortunately these do not seem to pose any danger (though you give them a wide berth all the same).

Past The Labyrinth, you spot several large avenues converging on the center of the trading post- and the admittedly awe-inspiring site of Klynn’s Grand Pyramid. Here the fighting has become much more evident- with virtually every building bearing the scars of battle. More than a few buildings (and, in one case, an entire city block) have been effectively leveled- no doubt due to some titanic clash between the monstrous demons and the equally inhuman Splugorth minions opposing them. Much of the area is littered with a light-to-moderate dusting of ash, a testament to the ferocity and effectiveness of the Splugorthian resistance. At least as unsettling, piles of trashed Kittani tech and hundreds of Kydian, Kittani, lesser minion corpses dot the area- a disquieting reminder that the masters of this place hold a somewhat different view of life than many of you.

As you proceed towards the pyramid, the frequency and density of Kydian patrols in the area picks up. More than once they openly stare at you as you proceed on your way- your less-than-optimal equipment situation contributing to your feeling of exposure. But the Kydians must have their own orders, that don’t include hassling random groups of mortals upon which they chance, and the patrols continue on their way.

The entrance to the Great Pyramid is another matter. You are greeting out front by a pair of Splugorth Conservators, one of whom is still regenerating from its wounds, who hiss ”Mortalss, how delightful. We could usse a ssnack!” React however you may, the Conservators don’t appear to be in the mood for a fight, and any brandishing of weapons and explanation of your purpose will prompt them to back down. Once of them will retreat into the pyramid while the other watches you with baleful eyes. Shortly thereafter, the Conservator re-emerges and waves you inside with one taloned arm. ”The High Lord will sssee you directly.”

As you enter the pyramid, those of you who are magically inclined can feel the power humming through it- though any of you who are familiar with pyramid technology will realize that the hum is less intense than normal for a pyramid of this size (likely, Klynn expended so small amount of the pyramid’s reserves to push back the demons). Some Kittani servitors inside lead you into a relatively small antechamber- there, you are greeted by High Lord Anshurr. Some of you on the Galactic Adventurers recall none-too-pleasant memories of your last encounter with the fiend, which sent you on a collision course with a Kittani rebellion and an Intruder invasion.

”Well, what a delightfully eclectic group. And I even recognize a few faces from Thraxus’ ever-growing menagerie of underlings. Welcome to the last free quadrant of Center! Tell me, have you come to bargain for transit off of this doomed planet? I don’t see Captain Tran among you, but I’m willing to settle for information on his present whereabouts, or those of any other fascinating alien technology you’ve managed to recover.” The High Lord sports a grin that on most human-like races would come off as insincere and way to friendly- and here just looks monstrous and entirely too toothy.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Bryke » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
35


Sv vs. Lethal Poison (14+): (1d20)+6 = 6:
4
(OOC: I didnt do this rolls syntax right. There is no way to get a roll of 6 IF +6 were added to the die roll. live and learn)

With so much happening to the Prometheans' homeworld, Bryke barely registers that the teams are moving to meet with the Splugorth until they actually arrive face to face with Anshurr. Lost in thought the Time Master is caught unaware by alien spew and walks straight through it just like all the others, pushes past it with the group and comes back to reality when the Splugorth High Lord "smiles".

'... What type of expression is that? Is it hungry?'

Lore: Demons & Monster: 60%/1d100:
38
(OOC: Bryke is thinking of how to address the Splugorth High Lord... what do they respect, what things do they value in general, etc.)

The Time Master assesses Anshurr's antechamber. Looking around to see if the fight with the demons got this far at all. Bryke also opens up trained magic defenses and quietly reaches out to syphon ppe if at all possible. Intent on listening and observing for now.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/140
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Vortigern » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
2

JIC: 1d100:
91


Vortigern inclines his head and again bows towards Corbulo as he back away. "Of course my Lord, if you are poised to respond in the moment then the matter is moot. If there is any other way I may be of assistance please do not hesitate. My magic requires time and preparation, yet it is potent. Perhaps a moment of opportunity will arise in the future." he says, treating Corbulo with all the deference one might give to a royal ruler in his court.

The exchange with Prothor followed by the offer made by Holt draws his attention and he gives a nod. "If that is possible I would find the offer quite generous and acceptable. It would be advantageous I believe given that I seem to be the only one afoot at current. My thanks." he says towards Holt before looking back and forth between he and Prothor. "I am not averse to such an offer. Indeed it may be just what would most suit me, being newly arrived here. Yet what manner of group is it that I would be joining if so? I should like to know beforehand, I am sure you understand." he says, before once again focusing on Holt. "You are the Lord, or Captain, of this group? Perhaps when we are not so pressed for time we might converse on such details and their possibilities?"

- - -

[After the group departs down into the Splugorth level.]

[Save vs Poison: 1d20+5 = 19:
14
/14 - Damage (if failed): 1d6:
1
, Duration: 1d4:
2
Minutes]

Departing into the Alien Quarter the noxious fumes and hostile environment of the locale are immediately apparent. More than apparent they assault the senses, indeed the lung and health, of Vortigern the moment he walks out of the lift. He sputters a moment, shifting and looking about for the source before pressing forward to escape the immediate vicinity and head towards less hostile climes. He seems to recover soon enough, showing little lasting impact.

In the semi-confrontation with the Conservators Vortigern gestures his Gargoyles to pair off one vs one with each Conservator ... raising a hand as if prepared to order them forward and into combat. Perhaps there is no 'as if' about it? "Is this how your people treat 'guests' of rank? Of diplomatic import? We are here on affairs of state, 'guardsmen'. Inform your Master of our presence and we shall await his convenience. Though if you would be so 'kind' inform him that our matter is an urgent one, and one very much concerning the fortuitous and timely alignment of our mutual interests. Mmm. Perhaps I should write that down?"

- - -

In the meeting with High Lord Anshurr Vortigern listens, taking note from the conversation that the others appear to already know the Lord. Waiting a brief moment Vortigern steps forward, giving a courtly bow to the High Lord. He speaks once he has come back up to standing erect, gesturing somewhat with his hands for emphasis. "Lord Anshurr? An honor to make your acquaintance. Vortigern Taerea. While we do come with an offer, it is not for transit. Though I can imagine many would be interested in exactly that under such circumstances. A not unreasonable assumption. However I have just come from speaking with Lord Corbulo, of the city guard. In his name we bring offer of a temporary alliance in order to put down this invasion and set the city aright. His lordship has intelligence as to the whereabouts of the General of the invading force. And monitors their progress even now. The city has not fallen, as you appear to have surmised. Instead Lord Corbulo's forces are prepared to sortie and counter strike with great force against their command. We desire your aid, and I do not believe I overstate or presume when I say that it is for a cause that serves the interests of both parties involved. If Hades takes hold of the rest of the city you can not expect to hold your quarter forever. Aiding in putting down this invasion would be defending yourself every bit as much as anyone else. Are you amenable to discussing terms, my Lord?"

[Public Speaking: 1d100:
35
/65]
[Barter: 1d100:
89
/50]
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Kesslan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 30:
20

JIC: 1d20:
18
1d100:
78


While there's some time, Kesslan strips out of his SAMAS, and likely with Holt's aid, hops back briefly to the DSM to quickly strip out of his formal wear and quickly suit up into more suitable attire as well as quickly grabbing a few basic weapons such as one of his rifles and some ammunition for it. (Will update sheet shortly)

When it comes to encountering the toxic gas however, Kesslan's first alerted in part by the smell, and secondly a warning sent out from his implants as the Molecular Analyzer and Toxic Filter trigger. Between those and the oxygen cells implanted into his lungs he's spared from inhaling the fumes and works to quickly move anyone affected by them away to a safer distance. Later, when the party begins to travel through the Splurgoth trade level and reaches the devastation wrought by the fighting he merely glances about trying to assess what kind of forces they had fought, what kind of weapons were used and various other bits of potentially useful information. The corpses however, don't even phase him. He'd seen large scale fighting before after all, this very day even. Besides, he'd long grown hardened against the true costs of war when his homeworld had fallen to the sway of the Atorian Empire.

Information Gathering:
Intelligence 66% 1d100:
6

Trap/Mine Detection 79% 1d100:
60

Detect Concealment 74% 1d100:
87

Lore: Deamons & Monsters 44% 1d100:
89

Lore: Magic 44% 1d100:
4

-Recognize Magic Symbols, Runes and Circles: 34% 1d100:
27

-Recognize Enchantment: 29% 1d100:
11

Lore: Galactic/Alien 44% 1d100:
15


Beyond that Kesslan will briefly watch the Kittani patrols as they are encountered, but as none of them seem to bother the group he eventually ignores them for the most part. They weren't why he was here after all.

Dark Lord wrote:You are greeting out front by a pair of Splugorth Conservators, one of whom is still regenerating from its wounds, who hiss ”Mortalss, how delightful. We could usse a ssnack!”


Kesslan will just eye the Conservators a moment before responding through his translator using Demogogian "And this one could always use more target practice." he says sounding (and certainly looking) almost bored. "Though I suspect you are not even worth wasting my time on."

Intimidation (Special): 86% 1d100:
75

HF14 when Angry/Threatening


Dark Lord wrote:”Well, what a delightfully eclectic group. And I even recognize a few faces from Thraxus’ ever-growing menagerie of underlings. Welcome to the last free quadrant of Center! Tell me, have you come to bargain for transit off of this doomed planet? I don’t see Captain Tran among you, but I’m willing to settle for information on his present whereabouts, or those of any other fascinating alien technology you’ve managed to recover.” The High Lord sports a grin that on most human-like races would come off as insincere and way to friendly- and here just looks monstrous and entirely too toothy.


"Doomed?" Kesslan will question, speaking in his native tongue and relying upon the translator once more. "Feel free to run like a kitten and hide if you want. That is not what has brought us here this day. Nor are we here to trade. We are simply here to find out what the intentions of your master is in regards to the current battle on Centre. We want to know if your master plans to have his forces hide here like frightened children, or if he is interested in joining his forces with those of Centre to gain revenge upon Star General Halthag. If not, then we request you keep your forces out of our way while we go deal with Star General Halthag ourselves."

Unlike Vortigern, Kesslan wasn't the least bit interested in appeasing the Splurgoth. The tone he takes in his native language is rather casual, like someone merely discussing the weather and his expressions were quite calm. He knew the reputation of the being they were speaking with, but he also knew they already considered the whole party enemies for working for Thraxus. What he was counting on was that their desire for revenge upon the Demon and Deevil forces was more immediate. But he also saw no sense in wasting time trying to get into some over complicated bargaining with these creatures. He didn't like them. He didn't trust them and he certainly would personally rather they stay out of it even if it made the job harder. However he was a very practical and pragmatic individual who realized having their aid would make things easier, or he wouldn't have bothered to come here in the first place, personally speaking.

Then again, Vortigern probably does have the right idea of trying to bargain with them a little bit... "While we are willing to bargain within reason, we do not represent the masters of Centre. The whereabouts or any information on Captain Tran is not up for discussion. Other information, such as data collected on the Intruders or rival Splurgoth forces can be discussed."
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Sorrenson » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 am

Perception: 1d20:
12
+3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
4

JIC last round: 1d100 = 91. However, Sorrenson is wearing the Drudge, so no need to roll save? Let me know if I am mistaken.

Sorrenson sighs with relief when Holt says wearing his PA is the way to go. Phew! "Thanks Holt, I feel way safer in that than without it." He moves with the others and travels down to the Sploog level. He feels nervy with all the minion patrols he sees. Using the senors on the drone he tries to keep track of as many as he can. He opens up a channel direct to Baron. "Hey Baron, maybe I should have taken you up on the offer of the doob... Or maybe not... It' would just make me even more paranoid."

Seeing piles of minion corpses does nothing to comfort him. Daymn! Those poor bastards died by the hundreds! "Hey, how come there aren't piles of demon bodies?" When he sees piles of trashed tech his interest perks up. Anything to take his mind of the piles of dead. Ah! I wonder if there are any of those Kittani power Axes... Surely no one would miss one if I grabbed it!

During the meeting with the high lord Sorrenson lets the others do the talking. I'm outta my league here... I doubt Mr Teeth over there has any regard for what a rat-boy has to say. He considers trying to draw any spare mana floating around but decides against it. One because he doesn't want to open up his PA and two because he doubts the Sploogies would let anyone draw from their pot of juice.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Holt » Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JiC D20: 1d20:
7
(+2 v Psionics, + 4 vs Magic or Mind Control)
JiC D100: 1d100:
78

Vs HF: 1d20+9 = 13:
4


Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], On], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], MAYBE Invincible Armor [Need a Time/Duration-Passed Bit from GM, Regenerates 1D6 MD/melee, Immune to Heat, Cold, Disease, Pollution, Toxic Gases, Fumes, Etc., 1/2 Damage from Energy Attacks (Mundane & Magical). Penalties: -15% to Prowl, Climb, Swim].

Personal MD: 125/138 [Regens 9 MD/hr]
PA Main Body: 189/220
Invincible Armor: 175/175 [??]

Vortigern wrote:The exchange with Prothor followed by the offer made by Holt draws his attention and he gives a nod. "If that is possible I would find the offer quite generous and acceptable. It would be advantageous I believe given that I seem to be the only one afoot at current. My thanks." he says towards Holt before looking back and forth between he and Prothor. "I am not averse to such an offer. Indeed it may be just what would most suit me, being newly arrived here. Yet what manner of group is it that I would be joining if so? I should like to know beforehand, I am sure you understand." he says, before once again focusing on Holt. "You are the Lord, or Captain, of this group? Perhaps when we are not so pressed for time we might converse on such details and their possibilities?"


"Me? I am the Captain of The Wrong Ship ... As for this Group? The Company we've assembled has the crews of 2 separate ships along. I lead one, while Kesslan the Fierce-Feline over there leads the other. Both crews are in the employ of Thraxus, one of the most wealthy men you'll ever meet ... Not even really sure if he's a man, he's been around for a few hundred years, so that ship may have sailed ... Kesslan's crew seem like honorable folk, but we only just met them tonight. Those of us on The Wrong Ship, we're probably a bit more indulgent than some ... worse than some, better than others though ... The Hovercycle's not a Gift, it's a loan," he looks over at the Gargoyle bookends that flank the formalistic stranger (without any indication of awe or any kind of concern) and shrugs, "I suppose if you: 1) are looking for gainful employment, 2) aren't a huge pain-in-the-ass, and 3) survive this thing, we can talk about something a bit more long term ..."

== == == ==

The Manarr descends the Lifts with the others of the Diplomatic-Envoy to suss out the Splugorth, floating along through the War-Torn wasteland (via Grav-Pack) he cannot help but shudder a bit at the likely number of demons ground up in the process of putting down so many of the Slugs' minions. Holt helps any who need it to >Pop< forward out of the toxic gas, but is not himself affected due to the Powered Armor as he glides along with his rifle at the ready. When the Conservators are encountered Holt does not blow-up or bluster. He silently >Pops< over to 10-feet behind them and clicks the safety on the weapon off as Vortigern begins with his indignation. **That seems a bit silly. Splugorth commonly engage in diplomacy in the course of torture. He acts like they should accept him as an equal because he employs a couple big grey bodyguards ... of the type that have been chewed into bloody ribbons all over this city. That's not to say they're irrelevant, but he's riding that Cycle like it's a pretty high-horse hehehe ...**

Meeting Anshurr, Holt listens as Vortigern pipes up once more before casually adding his 2-credits, "Oh, do you know Zippy Tran? I think he opened up a chain Frozen Yogurt shops on Level 4 ... "
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
User avatar
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 24:
17

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
20

Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: 'Hawk's Multi-Rifle
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
Power Armor: none,
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.
Negative Conditions:

"Hey Baron, maybe I should have taken you up on the offer of the doob... Or maybe not... It' would just make me even more paranoid."


"It's not too late." Baron waves a roach at Sorrenson.

While listening to Vortigern drone on Baron begins to fidget, tapping his toes against the floor audibly. Wow, that new guy adjusted fast. Sure talks a lot.


"There's a Captain Tran on Pleasure 9. I'll write down his address for you. He runs a cruise ship I believe. Owes me fifty credits... I hate that guy." Chimes in Baron.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Prothor » Mon May 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 9:
8

JIC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
70



On the decent, Prothor looks to Vortigern and is about to answer when Holt speaks up. Rather than nodding along or adding comment to Holt's statement, Prothor remains quiet and simply listens along to what Holt has to say. When Holt finishes, Prothor finally adds, "Lord Thraxus has not asked us to do anything untoward. Difficult, yes. Dangerous," He waves an arm around to encompass their current setting, "obviously. Though every mission I have been on seems to be for the greater good. He also pays extremely well."

As they leave the elevator, Prothor manages to avoid the leaking alien atmosphere as he looks around at the carnage that has befallen this section of Center. When the Sploogorth minions come into view, Prothor feeds a clip into his already extending mini-gun and rest a hand on the butt of the phase beamer he's wearing.

When they are brought before the High Lord, Prothor falls to the back of the group, where the taller of their combined group are likely standing. Standing at the back of the mixed party, Prothor tries to look imposing as he mirrors the position of the High Lord's guards.
Last edited by Prothor on Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prothor
 

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Tue May 02, 2017 5:07 am

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 22:
17
+3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
12

Stats: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/88 • • ISP: 58/48
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108

Tis walks with the group and avoids any hazards they come across. She raises an eyebrow at Vortigern's speech. Hmm, Sploogs have been treating people this way for thousands of years, I doubt they'll be shamed into better manners by this guy.

"Oh great and mighty Splugorth. In exchange for your assistance in this matter the Techno-Wizards of the Psychopompene offer exclusive trade rights to the patent for the Tachyonic Ascension Pulse Emission Sensor Array! Congratulations!"
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Vortigern » Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
8

JIC: 1d100:
69


Vortigern stops speaking, awaiting a reply ... only to have the silence filled instead by Kesslan and then the quips of the others. A quirk at the corners of his mouth is the only tell for any inward amusement that transpires. After a moment he shifts his attention back to mainly before him and the diplomatic problem at hand. "I must caveat that while we bear the offer of this alliance, in the name of Lord Corbulo, we are not empowered to negotiate on his behalf. If you have significant terms you would like to parlay with him, I suggest you endeavor to make contact with him or send a suitable representative back with us who can conduct such affairs on your behalf."

The Splugorth seem unpleasant sorts. I shall have to learn more about them. And the others don't seem to trust this one at all, if that is any measure. It almost feels as if I've been asked to recruit Devils to fight Demons...

Public Speaking: 1d100:
98
/65
Barter: 1d100:
84
/50
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Starchief » Fri May 05, 2017 8:16 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
99


Even without his armor, Starchief doesn't flinch when the Conservators threaten his crew. Instead he "flexes his muscles" by charging his hands with electricity and letting it crackle. We would destroy the two of you before you could call for help. Not the time, chumps. When the Conservators get it together to let them into the building, Starchief trails behind the rest of the group to make sure there's no trap/crowd control method being employed.

With so many people talking to High Lord Anshurr, there's no need for Starchief to chime in as well. He stands as backup and waits for the negotiations to reach their conclusion. The sooner we leave this den of evil, the better. Don't care if they're the enemy of my enemy. We're still not friends.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Winston » Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 11:
3

JIC: 1d20:
10
/ 1d100:
79


Conditions: 16 missiles and 167 grenades remaining, -56 Silverhawk Main Body MDC, -46 Personal MDC

Before the group heads out Winston retrieves his NE-BA-26 and HI-80 from the Dime Store Magic and changes into the heavier armor. Grabbing his Phase Sword from Agatha he follows along with the others and keeps a wary eye on the suits sensors (Sensory Equipment 70%: 1d100:
44
). Ensconced as he is in the high tech armor he is immune to the effects of the gasses leaking from the alien sector and helps any that suffer its ill effects.

As they move through level 3 the pilot keeps a sharp watch and uses his keen eyesight to assess the amount of battle the area has seen and tries to determine the current strength of the Splugorth forces that remain. He shares whatever insight he gleans with the others over the radio.

When the group is stopped by the Conservators Winston doesn't engage in any witty banter, leaving that to the others, but does place himself near the front of the group while nonchalantly pointing his rifle at nothing in particular.

Having only been part of the Adventurers for a week or so he doesn't know the High Lord nor this Captain Tran. The only sound he makes is a dismissive harumph at the idea of Center being doomed and it being time to abandon the fight. For all the stories of the might of the Splugorth they sure turn tail and run easily.
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
User avatar
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Dark Lord » Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 am

Kesslan takes charge on Level 3, and with an early warning about the atmospheric trouble courtesy of his cybernetics, you all move away from the toxic gas with minimal ill effect. At the Grand Pyramid, Starchief’s in-kind response to the Conservators’ posturing does not go unnoticed, and one of the guards follows you inside, jeering ”Human wantsss to play! Not impressed with glowy-fist. Come back outside and play, human!” Regardless of your responses to the obvious bait, you are shown in to see Anshurr.

Bryke reaches into his stores of lore on the monstrous to try and call to mind any cultural or attitudinal insight into High Lords that might be helpful, but the truth is general lore is secondary to the Promethean’s experience living on Center. Virtually every city resident at least knows of High Lord Anshurr- right hand to Lord Klynncryth himself, rival of Thraxus, a notorious information broker and all-around schemer and plotter. To this, Bryke can only add that High Lords in general are both loyal and powerful, second only to the Splugorth themselves within their society. Fortunately, they subsist solely on magical energy- from what you’ve heard that wouldn’t preclude the High Lord from murdering you for fun, but from what you can tell Anshurr seems to be enjoying the banter too much.

Vortigern and Kesslan open, the former with honeyed words and the latter with open challenges to Anshurr’s bravery and fortitude, prompting a hearty belly-laugh from the High Lord. ”The mortal’s attempting to goad me, how delightful!” A few of you make lighthearted references to various other ‘Captain Trans’, prompting some more toothy grinning from Anshurr but little else. Kesslan’s offer of intelligence on the Intruders and the other Splugorth prompts a dismissive snort. ”My master knows far more about these aliens than you. However, it always pays to be current on what my brethren may be up to. We know all about the failed Kittani uprising in Rasstynnth- sloppy management, that. Though from what I hear, a few of you fine fellows played no small part in ensuring that it failed. If Thraxus’ well ever dries up, we are always looking for experienced enforcers. Tell you what- you tell me what you know and I’ll see if it’s worth bringing to Lord Klynn’s attention.” When Tis mentions trading rights, Anshurr’s mouth frowns pensively and he adds, ”Trade is such a wonderful thing- tell me more about these, what did you call them? Tachyonic Ascension Pulse Emmision Sensor Arrays.”

Just then those of you with any psychic sensitive abilities feel a chill up your spines- any of you with active telepathy will catch a hint of a message, ”…ENOUGH.”, laden with power and menace and a whole bunch of other not-too-friendly feelings that you don’t want to examine too closely. At the telepathic wave, Anshurr stiffens and drops his too-friendly expression. With a glower, he slides a nearby panel open and taps a console. The wall behind him irises open to reveal a fairly large elevator, into which Anshurr beckons you. One uncomfortably silent elevator ride later, and you are shown through a hallway and into one of the large conference rooms on the pyramid’s upper level. Although there is plenty of comfortable seating for everyone, you can’t help but feel a little infantilized- much of the room’s furnishings, including the table and majority of the chairs, are at least 2-4 times as large as you are accustomed too- Splugorth-sized to accommodate a range of guests, not to mention your host, and further reinforcing that ‘Not-in-Kansas-anymore-Toto’ type feeling.

Lord Klynn is seated at the table, looking for all the world like a normal businessman (if you ignore the gigantic eye and mass of tentacles all around him). Anshurr and the Kydians escorting you step to one side, leaving the party to enter the conference room and sit itself. You manage to find enough humanoid-sized chairs for everyone, at which point the blob rumbles in flawless (if slightly accented) Trade Four, ”So, the Prometheans want my help in liberating the city. How ironic.”

”Tell me, little mortals, why should I weaken my own strength by sending out against the demons? You offer information, but can you offer anything of value equal to what such an effort would cost? Bad enough that I pay my rent, then have to defend my holdings from a surprise demon horde, all with no sign of Center’s security. Now I’m supposed to bail them out, and put my territory at risk by doing so? I think not. When Level Three is secure, then we can talk about moving my forces up to ‘help’, in exchange for appropriate compensation of course. If you want to negotiate, make me an offer, but if not then quit wasting our time.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 10:
5
+3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
89

Stats: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/88 • • ISP: 58/48
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108

Trust/Intimidate: Trust: EP Success
Charm/Impress: Either: EP Success
Barter: EP Success
Performance: EP Success


Dark Lord wrote:Just then those of you with any psychic sensitive abilities feel a chill up your spines- any of you with active telepathy will catch a hint of a message, ”…ENOUGH.”,


Tis suddenly remembers to erect a Mind Block (-4 ISP)

Dark Lord wrote: ”So, the Prometheans want my help in liberating the city. How ironic.”

”Tell me, little mortals, why should I weaken my own strength by sending out against the demons? You offer information, but can you offer anything of value equal to what such an effort would cost? Bad enough that I pay my rent, then have to defend my holdings from a surprise demon horde, all with no sign of Center’s security. Now I’m supposed to bail them out, and put my territory at risk by doing so? I think not. When Level Three is secure, then we can talk about moving my forces up to ‘help’, in exchange for appropriate compensation of course. If you want to negotiate, make me an offer, but if not then quit wasting our time.”


Tisephone Atroposa does not speak Trade 3, but coming from a Merchant race, she's pretty sure she's more or less got the idea. Blah, blah, blah, what's in it for me. When the blob has finished burbling, Tisephone interprets the silence that follows as a doorway fate has opened.

She stands to address the table (using Trade 4 if that's the common tongue among the party, Trade 1 if not.)

"Noble comrades, esteemed Lord Klynncryth, forgive me for addressing you, for I am young and a stranger to all. My name is Tisephone Atroposa, citizen and servant of the Grand Vessel Psychopompus. My comrades here are invincible warriors, but it may be I alone that has something to offer worthy of your assistance.

My people maintain a humble position in this galaxy but perhaps you've heard of our scientific and technowizard advancements.

The Psychopompene are inventors, not merchants, we seek to align ourselves with a reputable distributor. We are about to release a product that may change the Three Galaxies forever! It would behoove you to grab a piece, Oh Great One.

Before I get into matters of business, I feel compelled to point out several realities you maybe overlooking. Demons... are just bad for business frankly. They are terrible customers and worse neighbors. There is no way to do deals with them, if there was, a Master Tactician like yourself would likely not be fighting them at all.

The fact is, even if you hold your level indefinitely, if the Prometheans lose and Center falls to demonkind, your Market... well, it's time will have passed, sir. No one will want to go shopping at some Demon Hole. That Splynn Market will replace yours entirely. There aren't any demons there I understand. Now that being said, let's get down to business:

Now doubt you already know about the theoretical Tachyonic Antitelephone. A device that would allow one to send messages back in time. The problem of course has always been the inevitable instances of paradox.

Recently, our scientists have discovered the Tachyonic Ascension Pulse. It is a wave-length manipulation by which the Tachyons transcend above the paradoxical continuity, circumventing the historical problem.

By employing the Ascension Pulse in a Tachyon transmitter we have created two separate utilities, both called Tachyonic Ascension Pulse Emission Sensor Arrays.

The Long-Range Array allows one to send messages instantaneously to anywhere in existence.

The Short-Range Array allows one to send messages to themselves, in the past.

Is access to this technology valuable enough to secure your assistance in the matter at hand? Lord Klynncryth, your reputation would be a falsehood if you did not see that it is so!"


I wonder if I'll be able to invent this thing by the time it matters... probably not... shit.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Tue May 09, 2017 6:12 am

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 20:
13

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
16
/ 1d100:
19

Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand:
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
Power Armor: none,
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.
Negative Conditions:

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 75% 1d100:
90


Chico Barone is drifting along, just enjoying the trip. Man, oh, man, I'm packing a lot of future tall tales into one day here. Jaw-jaw with the Sploog-sploog, little ol' me! Who'd of thunk it.

Baron listens to his translator as Klynn speaks. When Tis steps up Baron furrows his brow, what's with all the noobs taking point on the yapping? If I'd known it was a free for all... well, I could a made up some shit too... Tachyonic Ascension my ass....

Despite what he thinks Baron vocally supports Tis by chiming in, in Trade 4, like some kind of Trade Show Hype Man:

"Tachyonic Ascension Pulse. Uh huh, I've heard of that. It's totally a thing. Very impressive."

"Oh wow, exclusive rights? That's a good deal, Boss. Better take it."

I don't know what the hell this weirdo is talking about, sounds made up to me... but sure as hell don't have anything to trade these jerks... real or not, its all hands on deck I guess.

Chico lets a loud whistle and looks around the table, "Whooee! Long and Short range? Time and Space? You kidding me? Think what you could do with that!"
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Sorrenson » Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 am

Perception: 1d20:
9
+3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
71

PPE: 152/130
ISP: 25/39, -4 isp for the Mind Block

Super-powerful-psychic-voice wrote:”…ENOUGH.”
uh oh... daddy's home! And he's listening in. Sorrenson puts up a Mind Block, even though he isn't sure how much good it would do against whatever, or whoever that was. He follows the others into the lift. With nothing else to do he starts counting each inhale and exhale to try to calm his nerves. Although the questions of 'where are we going? and why?' keeps popping up in his head and he keeps losing count.

When the elevator panel opens he he sees the one and only Lord Klynncryth sitting on the other side of an enormous table, he is stunned. He simply freezes up until someone tells him to move or bumps him. He moves to a seat and sits the butt of the Drudge on it and slides back in an effort to sit somewhat normally. He sits in awe of the room, the space and scale of it, but most of all in terrifying awe the god-like being on the other side of the table. Then Lord Klynncryth speaks, and the Drudge's translator translates. Sorrenson is actually disappointed. Oh, I was expecting more than petty middle management concerns fluffed up in an attempt to drive a better deal. Who'd a thunk it, dealing with my fellow two-bit Ratanoid wheeler and dealers most of my life would prep me for something like this...

He opens up the loud speaker and clears his throat. "Lord Klynncryth, if I may... Why get caught up in the petty details of this thing? With all due respect, may I point out that you are here. Not your favored and trusted underlings, you're here... in person. At a time like this! Incredible! That itself speaks volumes. I'm sure that when the Prometheans, discover this they may even raise an eyebrow in surprise and appreciation. There is more here at stake than getting the best deal possible for your aid. In fact, if you don't aid the rest of Center, I expect what many a person should would shrug and people will say 'Well what did you expect? That's the Splugorth for you...'. No one would be surprised if you stayed behind your boarders. Once the demons are defeated and business gets back to normal, people would wonder why you didn't help. After all, you are the one and only Lord Klynncryth. The answer, in people's minds, would boil down to two answers. One - you didn't want to. Two - you were unable. Either way you look bad. The problem with number one is that, as much as it may amuse you, the perceptions of mortals matter when it comes to trade. Customers will be far less inclined to spend their coin with you after you effectively say 'Fuck you!' to the rest of Center. The problem with number two is that organizations and beings of power will note this apparent weakness and attempt to use it against you."

On the other hand, No one expects the Splugorth to ride in and save the day! Think of the opportunities, the amazing PR and of course the chance to firebomb the odd competitor's store or settle the odd score quietly. For a being like you this event is an opportunity, it would be a pity if you waste it. Don't get bogged down the short term nitty gritty of a deal, think bigger picture and long term profit."


With that Sorrenson promptly shuts up.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Tue May 09, 2017 7:27 am

(Rolls Carried)

"So true! Sorrenson's got a good point Boss. You better consider the PR angle!" chimes in Hype Man B.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Tue May 09, 2017 7:30 am

(Rolls carried)

Listening to the calm and rational arguments of her fellow TW, Tis has second thoughts,

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have gone first.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Kesslan » Tue May 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 20:
10

JIC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
73


Kesslan finds himself with some moment of pause when confronted with the reality he is before what is undoubtedly one of the most powerful beings in the Three Galaxies. They are every bit as repulsive as the tales say, if not more so. is his first thought, but, business like as he is he none the less takes a seat. When Tis and the others start going on about this doodad of questionable worth he just calmly removes his helmet, setting it on the table to his right hand side. His expression, from what can be read with those blank eyes of his, isn't terribly impressed, nor amused. I'd question if people were stupid enough to think that sort of thing really worked, but here we have it. And in the middle of a planetary invasion no less. Sorrenson's commentary however somewhat echoed along the lines of what Kesslan himself was thinking. And deciding to ignore the other nonsense and cut right to it the Pantheran speaks up in his native tongue, his words translated into Trade 3 through his translator. "Sorrenson has a point." He says rather calmly. "Your kind, and those that work for you. Even many of your slaves look down upon 'mere mortals' like us on a regular basis. That you, yourself, are having an audience with us does speak volumes. No doubt, given the resources at your disposal, you are aware of what each of our groups is capable of. The evidence is quite clear in that regard, both in the more distant past and what has transpired mere hours ago."

"You don't like us, we don't like you but here we are. Faced with a mutual enemy and it is in our best interests to put aside our differences, however temporarily to deal with this new threat and what it represents to our own interests. However it is of course not unreasonable to expect some form of aid in return even in times like this as a gesture of good faith." he agrees "Based upon what you have said, it sounds like you already have an idea of what it is you'd like us to do here on level three already." he pauses to look around the table momentarily at the others present before looking solidly back at the Splurgoth. "Obviously this is something you can't solve simply by throwing your standard forces at it, or you would have already done so. I imagine most of your specialized forces are already tied up in other tasks, much as those of the security forces for Center are as well. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. So, clearly we each desire something from the other. In our case it is in your mutual interest to help repel the demonic forces, so how about we dispense with the trivialities and get down to what it is you want us to do for you in return?"

Trust: 65% 1d100:
67


"I'm sure that some compromise can be made that suits both our needs." Though I'm not sure even I believe that. At least these splurgoth maintain some level of supposed civility however.
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Prothor » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

Percep: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

JIC: 1d20:
16
1d100:
80


Climbing 73%= 1d100:
92


Wary about entering the large elevator, Prothor never the less, proceeds in with the rest of the mixed crew. After the uneasy elevator ride and almost disturbing walk down the Splugorth hallway, Prothor is stunned when they enter the room with none other than Lord Klynncryth himself. So much so, that when beckoned to sit, Prothor moves to the closest chain, which happens to be of the extra large variety, and climbs up into the monstrously huge thing.

After dazedly staring at his feet, which don't even reach the edge of the seat he's taken, the first coherent thought reaches through all the cyber and down to the organic brain buried beneath it. What am I doing? Why do I feel like I'm four and just snuck into the adult table on feast day? Get it together! You should be recording this. Finally coming to his senses, Prothor clicks on his cyber camera and starts recording the meeting with the Splugorth lord.

With a task to preform, Prothor keeps his eyes on Lord Krynncryth, but starts to listen to the conversation as well. Or at least tries to, And of course, I left my language translator back at the base. I will just have to trust that the others are taking care of business. Though I should be wary of the tone, just in case things end poorly.
Prothor
 

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Solaris » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 9:
7

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
85


Lisa leans near Kesslan, reminding him in a whisper, "These beings are NOT trustworthy. The only thing we can count on is for them to betray us."

They need us and we need them. For now. I don't get Trade 3 but I understand body language. He wants a bit of give and take.

Solaris' skin crawls at the very sight of both the High Lord and the Splugorth and she recognizes quickly that her powers would be nearly useless against them.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Holt » Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 am

OOC: Per DL ~1hr time passed (updating Regen & removing Armor Spell from Metri)

Perception [+2]: EP NAT 20 ( +2= 22 )
JiC D20: 1d20:
7
(+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100:
11

Vs HF: 1d20+9 = 11:
2


Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], On], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

Personal MD: 134/138 [Regens 9 MD/hr]
PA Main Body: 189/220

Holt carefully examines the antechamber where they are introduced to Anshurr with quiet interest, **Not too often a squishy little Manarr will end up in these halls without chains unless I was on a plate for these beasts ... That said, let's see how many landing spots I can reasonably commit to memory while we are here ...** He will go so far as to allow everyone else to board the elevator first so that he can get a last 'feel' for the room without so many bodies in it, and check for cameras or other recording devices.

====

Boarding the Elevator, the Manarr takes note of any surveillance and how many floors this thing apparently stops on. Disembarking into a hallway the Rogues' Captain gauges its length, how many other doors lead out to it, and any art etc., that might be on display (once again playing the last-man-in card). He takes a spaciously large seat, sets back and tosses his feet up onto the table to loov over (and up) at the huge tentacle Eye-Thing. With a sinking feeling in his gut Holt catches the girl offering Klynn some weird device that would let him send messages back to himself through time and space. The prospect sends a chill down his spine almost as quickly as the stomach-sinking feeling he'd experienced reverses its prior course, **By the Forge's Hammer girl?!?! ... If you had such a thing, why not just send a message back a few days and let Center know to prep for an invasion?!?!? ... Why give an immortally evil creature the ability to warn himself say, 5,000 years in the past, that this is coming and to be ready to seize the opportunity? ... Oh this is idiocy ... Forge forgive me. Maybe we should kill the Girl.**

Baron's cheerleading contribution causes Holt to turn his face-less helmet and glare at the short pilot, **Think things through you imbecile!! If that thing can do what she's said ... Oh hell that can't really be real can it? She sounds like she's being truthful though ... Maybe you've got to power it with something tough to find. Doesn't matter though, the possibility is nuts.** Holt listens as Sorrenson and Kesslan each chime in turn, brows knitting within his helmet as he ponders **... Well, let's see, he asked what we have to offer, hasn't really said anything about what the frak he wants. That seems to me to be where we might want to start ... All we really need to do is get a deman, I can >POP< Back to 2 and ask Corvalo if acceptable, or for a counteroffer. Rinse, soap, bleach, scour, repeat. The whole thing can be run down a hell of a lot faster than offering this him a weapon for later rectal use on us ... **
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
User avatar
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Starchief » Sat May 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10:
6

JIC: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
7


Jeer all you want. We have more important things to do, monster. Starchief makes his way inside, ignoring the Conservators outside.

Entering the conference room, Starchief's eyes dart straight to the mass of tentacles at the end of the table. Well, that looks like a bad time. No wonder its in charge. When Tis goes into her talk about devices for trade, Starchief lifts an eyebrow. You want to put something like that in the hands of something like this? His ring translating the conversation for him, he nods at Kesslan's speech. Impressive negotiator.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Kesslan » Sat May 13, 2017 3:44 pm

(Rolls carried)

Solaris wrote:Lisa leans near Kesslan, reminding him in a whisper, "These beings are NOT trustworthy. The only thing we can count on is for them to betray us."


Kesslan glances a moment to Lisa before responding in a softer tone. "Would only trust as far as can see. Also few options. Demon too big threat to fight alone, or would not be here." he explains.
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Solaris » Sun May 14, 2017 3:06 am

((rolls held))
Lisa nods at Kess' remarks. Furball is more tactful than I am, to be sure.
"Of course, sir. Just pointing out that we should be ready."
Although there are always options, just not necessarily good ones. Hmm, 'Chief seems to understand what's going on.
Solaris jabs Starchief in the ribs to get his attention. Naturally, she sat next to him by complete coincidence and not because she has a crush on him.
"Hey, what are they saying?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Starchief » Sun May 14, 2017 3:30 pm

(rolls held)
Solaris wrote:Solaris jabs Starchief in the ribs to get his attention. Naturally, she sat next to him by complete coincidence and not because she has a crush on him.
"Hey, what are they saying?"


Starchief was so taken aback by the giant tentacle monster in the room that he had failed to notice the impressively powerful Lisa Solaris sitting next to him. The tough guy face melts away as he's talking to her. "Oh! Uh... Big tentacle guy says he wants something of value to match the effort of sending his troops out to help with the fight. Blah blah blah, I pay rent here, and I'm a giant monster. Here, try this on." Not wearing his armor, it's an easy move for Starchief to remove his Ring of Tongues and slide it onto Solaris' finger. "Can you hear them now?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Winston » Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 27:
19

JIC: 1d20:
15
/ 1d100:
1


Conditions: 16 missiles and 167 grenades remaining, -56 Silverhawk Main Body MDC, -46 Personal MDC

Winston settles into a chair and keeps his rifle close. Not that he had any illusions about the group's chances if a fight broke out, the fact that they were allowed to keep their weapons at all in the presence of the tentacled horror at the head of the table spoke volumes about the thing's confidence in its ability to crush them like bugs, not to mention the retinue of underlings present. The language translator in his suit allows him to keep up with the discussion going on. The pilot thought about interjecting but both Tis and Sorrenson bring up the points he would have made anyway regarding the PR benefits of helping to defend the city and demonstrating the might of the Splugorth forces so he keeps quiet and listens.
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
User avatar
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Chef Icky » Sun May 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
73

Additional JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
13


Conditions:
  • Bodily MDC: 131/178
  • NE-BA-50 "Raider" Heavy Body Armor:
      -20% to climb, swim, acrobatics, prowl
      75/80 Head/Helmet MDC
      50/55 Left Arm MDC
      50/55 Right Arm MDC
      75/80 Left Leg MDC
      75/80 Right Leg MDC
      115/140 Main Body MDC
  • CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 95/120 MDC -- stored in a FIDO
    • Armor-integrated N-40B Heavy Force Field: 00/110 MDC
  • ISP: 28/44 at the start of this post
  • PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer: 16/20 shots left in current clip at start of post; 1 additional full e-clip, 1 empty clip, and 1 clip with 1 shot remaining
  • GR-15AR Assault Rifle: 21/30 rounds left in current clip at start of post; 6 additional full clips

===============================

Icky remains quiet during Corbulo's briefing. At first it’s because deep down he doesn't want to believe they were actually going to go through with it... but when it becomes apparent that he isn't going to get out of having to go back to the Splugorth section of town -- AGAIN -- he follows along anyway, chuffing in resignation as he dons his helmet.

As the gas begins to affect the others he helps them to safety as quickly as possible. Helping others through the gas is child's play however compared to strolling nonchalantly down the streets of Main Street Sploogtown. It takes nearly every ounce of willpower he has to keep from mocking the piles of dead minions (though he does allow himself the luxury of cruel smiles behind the anonymity of his face plate), taunting the survivors, ignoring the stares from minions as he walks along in his Naruni armor. For someone who risked his very life to escape this part of town, I sure as the Twelve Hells keep coming back to it an awful lot. I keep pushing my luck, things are going to go uggly-eyed sooner or later... he tries to stifle his concerns with a notation of the condition of the trading post area. Here's hoping they're more focused on the demons than the former slaves. He doesn't brandish his rifle as they walk along, but he keeps it slung on his shoulder where a simple shrug is all it would take to bring it into action should things go totally fecal.

Sorrenson wrote:"Hey, how come there aren't piles of demon bodies?"


Icky gestures to the piles of dust that litter the area. "Yer lookin' at 'em, chummer -- dis ain't all narco-spice ready fer da snortin'. Looks like dey gave 'bout as good as dey got, y'know?" There's a tone of grudging respect in the minotaur's voice. Pity they couldn't have completely wiped each other out though.

Dark Lord wrote:The entrance to the Great Pyramid is another matter. You are greeting out front by a pair of Splugorth Conservators, one of whom is still regenerating from its wounds, who hiss ”Mortalss, how delightful. We could usse a ssnack!”


Icky stares at the Conservator with the classic "Not Impressed" expression for a moment before replying (very coldly), "Oi, snackin' 'tween meals is... bad fer yer 'ealth. Ya jus' might choke ta death if ya ain't careful." Any further attempts at goading are totally -- if not easily -- ignored. Ripping this yutz a new sphincter won't help the mission... Ripping this yutz a new sphincter won't help the mission... Ripping this yutz a new sphincter won't help the mission...

Once they're ushered in to meet with Anshurr, Icky once again defers conversation to those who don't have a burning homicidal hatred of Splugorth and all other slavers as he doesn't exactly trust himself. The less I say -- hells, the less I think -- the better off we're going to be. He can't help but roll his eyes a bit at Tis' attempts to sell the High Lord the... whatever it is. Feetal's Gizz! If you had access to that kind of tech why didn't you use it to give Center a gorram warning shout before the demons attacked? That would have been the perfect product pitch! He shifts uncomfortably. Come to think of it, if you have access to that kind of doohickey I can think of about a bajillion better customers to have it than these guys. I'm beginning to have a very bad feeling about this.

Dark Lord wrote:Just then those of you with any psychic sensitive abilities feel a chill up your spines- any of you with active telepathy will catch a hint of a message, ”…ENOUGH.”, laden with power and menace and a whole bunch of other not-too-friendly feelings that you don’t want to examine too closely.


If Icky thought he was uncomfortable before, it was practically warm and fuzzy compared to the chills that dance along his spine with all the grace and artistry of a drunken rhino-buffalo. "Frag Almighty..." he mutters under his breath as he sees the High Lord stiffen and beckon them into the one place in all of Phase World he most hoped he'd never have to see. Well, no turning back now... he thinks as he steels himself and accompanies the others to the conference room. He takes a seat near Solaris and Starchief -- if things go bad, at least he'll have them at his side.

Although he can only pick up snippets here and there from the language, he gets the general impression that they're trying to spin a PR angle. He nods in spite of himself. Not bad -- wouldn't have thought of that.

Starchief wrote:
Solaris wrote:"Hey, what are they saying?"


"Oh! Uh... Big tentacle guy says he wants something of value to match the effort of sending his troops out to help with the fight. Blah blah blah, I pay rent here, and I'm a giant monster. Here, try this on." Not wearing his armor, it's an easy move for Starchief to remove his Ring of Tongues and slide it onto Solaris' finger. "Can you hear them now?"


"If it'll get us outta 'ere quicker, I'll promise ta bake 'im a frakkin' cake..." Icky grumbles. "I'll even promise not ta poison it."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Sun May 14, 2017 8:16 pm

(Rolls carried)

Tis listens to the cat-man offer their services, of a group of what Tis has surmised is mostly made up of Thraxus' top-tier hatchet-men, to Klynn the Slaver in exchange for military aid in the defense of the city which appears to hold all of the tentacle-thing's major assets.

Collaborate with slavers? I cannot abide such a thing... if that is how this plays out I must use the opportunity to infiltrate the Splugorth holdings in order to prepare for future sabotage.
Why offer anything of import when it's essentially a matter of timing? I would rather attempt to cheat and swindle this hideous, extremity-rich blob, and die in recourse, than perform some kind of specialized task that this god-like being can't or doesn't want to do for itself.


She grows concerned for the first time that these people aren't the Machine-worthy folk she had thought. But she says nothing and waits and sees.

Tis studies and memorizes the layout, design, utilities, security measures and any other structural aspect of what she can and has seen of the Splugorth level.

Mechanical Engineer 55% 1d100:
60
fail
Electrical Engineer 65% 1d100:
72
fail

Lore: Magic passes
    General Knowledge: 55% 1d100:
    51

    Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 45% 1d100:
    24

    Recognize Enchantment 38% 1d100:
    39



Tis begins the early stages of developing means of 'fucking with' the Sploogs.

Techno-Wizardry Construction 104% 1d100:
29
pass

Demolitions 80% 1d100:
89
fail
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Sun May 14, 2017 8:41 pm

(Rolls carried)

Having caught Bossman Holt's dirty look, Baron decides to keep his yap shut and lies crosswise with his feet up on the huge monster chair.

Yawn, let's get on with it.

Baron pulls out a comically large spliff, lights it and leans back in his chair and has a good long look at Klynn, the sort of being that has bought, sold and traded his people for generations. He, for one, is not that impressed.

Gross.

Baron lounges in the enormous chair; his hand unconsciously resting on his gun.

I wonder if we could take this fucker.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Kesslan » Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 pm

(Rolls carried)

As Kesslan waits to hear the response to the offers made thus far, the only other idea that comes to mind is the possibility of offering to buy as many slaves as he could afford and then kit out any that were actually willing to fight, with the weapons and armour to do so, or at least to the best of his ability to arrange. He had no plans on forcing any such to fight, but he was fairly certain he could at least convince quite a few of the necessity of doing so. Not only that but he'd have to count on them getting an actual honest offer of freedom after the fighting was done might help.

The more I think about it, the more I'd rather actually do that...
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Bryke » Tue May 16, 2017 5:33 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
10
/ 1d100:
6


I should speak with the elders. Never imagined I'd be working with the Splugorth race voluntarily for anything.

Bryke observes the room that they are in. Taking note of any attendants the High Lord has, or if this being is alone in his chambers.

Wonder what kind of business this being deals in- or maybe, what kind does this one not.

Having been gone from center so long, and recently, the Promethean feels at a loss for ways to interact in this situation. The Time Master is content to speak last- if at all. Knowing only that these beings could and would kill even a Promethean without explanation or cause.

Why do we allow them?
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/140
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Dark Lord » Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 pm

It is a sign of the times, and they are interesting, that Klynn himself deigns to meet with you. You all file in to the upstairs conference room, trying to avoid the itching between your shoulder blades prompted by Anshurr’s continued presence. Several of you drop back to take seats as far away from the Splugorth as you comfortably can, talking quietly amongst yourselves about language difficulties or silent save for your own thoughts about this unusual arrangement. Any of you who wonder aloud at language translation will be shown small devices in front of each seating area- a box-like microphone seated before you, and what essentially amounts to a small pair of earbuds for each of you. A computerized translation program handles the rest, although those of you with your own capabilities certainly find those more comfortable than any Splugorth tech.

With the exception of a muttered comment from Icky regarding tainted desserts, most of you hanging back sit and let a few self-appointed spokespersons try to negotiate on behalf of the party. Tis tries to argue the economic angle:
Tis wrote:"My people maintain a humble position in this galaxy but perhaps you've heard of our scientific and technowizard advancements.
Before I get into matters of business, I feel compelled to point out several realities you maybe overlooking. Demons... are just bad for business frankly. They are terrible customers and worse neighbors. There is no way to do deals with them, if there was, a Master Tactician like yourself would likely not be fighting them at all.
The fact is, even if you hold your level indefinitely, if the Prometheans lose and Center falls to demonkind, your Market... well, it's time will have passed, sir. No one will want to go shopping at some Demon Hole. That Splynn Market will replace yours entirely. There aren't any demons there I understand. Now that being said, let's get down to business:"
Klynn rumbles an inhuman-sounding chuckle. ”Never heard of ‘em, but I like your style kid. None of these pronouncements of goodwill and brotherhood and compassion that you always get from the do-gooder set. Just straight down to business. Well ok then, sure, those sound like nifty inventions of yours. If you can demonstrate that they can do what you claim, then I believe we can do business.”

”And demons make excellent customers. They don’t have much use for money, so they aren’t shy about spending it. And they have big… appetites. Next!”
Sorrenson wrote:"In fact, if you don't aid the rest of Center, I expect what many a person should would shrug and people will say 'Well what did you expect? That's the Splugorth for you...'. Either way you look bad. The problem with number one is that, as much as it may amuse you, the perceptions of mortals matter when it comes to trade. Customers will be far less inclined to spend their coin with you after you effectively say 'Fuck you!' to the rest of Center. The problem with number two is that organizations and beings of power will note this apparent weakness and attempt to use it against you."
”Ah… This is more what I expected. Disappointing. I couldn’t care less what my food thinks- it is enough that you all know your place in Megaverse. Personally, I like the long-term outlook better if I let the demons and the Prometheans destroy each other, then mop up and take over a couple more levels of the city. Is that really the best you can do to convince me? I entertained this audience because fighting is so boring, and I love the chance for a little wheeling and dealing. But you people keep acting like you can get something for nothing on the basis of pretty speeches. Honestly, is there anything so tedious as a hero?”
Kesslan wrote:"Based upon what you have said, it sounds like you already have an idea of what it is you'd like us to do here on level three already... Obviously this is something you can't solve simply by throwing your standard forces at it, or you would have already done so. I imagine most of your specialized forces are already tied up in other tasks, much as those of the security forces for Center are as well. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. So, clearly we each desire something from the other. In our case it is in your mutual interest to help repel the demonic forces, so how about we dispense with the trivialities and get down to what it is you want us to do for you in return?"]
At Kesslan’s statement, Klynn shifts his weight forward in apparent- eagerness? ”Well, at last a pragmatist speaks. Pretty direct way to begin a negotiation, but you’re right little cat-man, I did have something in mind. Two somethings, in fact.”

”Point one: My lieutenant has been hilarious in his desperate attempts to get to the bottom of Thraxus’ latest scheme. Even contrived to get a few of you stranded on some mudball or other not too long ago- great fun, seeing you tear through those bio-borgs. But now rumor has reached me that you’ve been going around telling everybody and their mother that you’re on a mission to save the entirety of the Three Galaxies from some threat or other. And that sounds like something that could affect me. So I want details- what you are doing, and why, with that fancy elemental-themed whatchamacallit you picked up, the fire thing, and what else you’re looking for. You don’t have to give away any trade secrets, just bullet point it for me. I hate knowing there are machinations going on without knowing what it is they’re about. Anshurr will just have to content himself with that.”

The second is preceded by what would sound almost like an awkward cough, if it hadn’t emerged from the eye-hole of a ~30ft. diameter mass of writhing tentacles. ”Ahem, as to the second there are some practical difficulties. I wasn’t lying when I said most of my forces are busy securing Level 3. We took heavy losses in manpower and materiel, and you may have noticed my Grand Pyramid looking a little… depleted. I can use it to rift in some armies I have.. standing by off world, but not for several hours until the pyramid has recharged itself off of the ley line. You want my army, then we need a recharge some other way. Blood sacrifice, or just getting on the PA and telling everybody in Center to start worshiping me, your pick. Minions don't count, it's gotta be fresh blood, if you'll pardon the expression. If enough people in a large enough section of the city start sending me their good vibes, the pyramid should soak it right up. Once it gets enough, I’ll open your rift. So, how ‘bout it?”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Tue May 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 14:
7

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
26

Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand:
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
Power Armor: none,
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.
Negative Conditions:

"Pfffbbbt! Bahahahahaa!" Baron makes a farting noise and laughs Imagine, the whole of center holding hands and singing a prayer to this grotesque Mega-Mollusc!

"Can we just say 'Direct your good will to the Pyramid', 'cause Klynncryth, Lord of Creepy-Crawlies, will be a hard sell out there, whatever the alternative."

OOC - is the PPE going to Pyramid, or Klyyn, or are they one and the same in this context?

Chico Barone interfaces with the nearest machine and attempts to connect to Center's network.
Mechano-Link -- Automatic pass
Radio: Basic 94% / 1d100:
21
pass
Computer Operation 104%/ 1d100:
85
pass
Electronic Counter Measures 94%/ 1d100:
61
pass
  1. He would like to connect to a broadcasting network with widespread audio or text capabilities.
  2. Is there anyway to tell if he can connect to the First Level and broadcast or even communicate with a local authority. Likewise, for the Market and Residential Levels 4-10.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Tue May 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 22:
17
+3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
10
/ 1d100:
76

Stats: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/88 • • ISP: 58/44
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108

Effects: Mind Block

Tis does her best to not show any of the intense relief that washes over her when Klynn does not pursue her fictional business opportunity. She lets the mention of a demonstration pass, as the Lord of Monsters has more to say:

Klynn wrote:”Point one: My lieutenant has been hilarious in his desperate attempts to get to the bottom of Thraxus’ latest scheme. Even contrived to get a few of you stranded on some mudball or other not too long ago- great fun, seeing you tear through those bio-borgs. But now rumor has reached me that you’ve been going around telling everybody and their mother that you’re on a mission to save the entirety of the Three Galaxies from some threat or other. And that sounds like something that could affect me. So I want details- what you are doing, and why, with that fancy elemental-themed whatchamacallit you picked up, the fire thing, and what else you’re looking for. You don’t have to give away any trade secrets, just bullet point it for me. I hate knowing there are machinations going on without knowing what it is they’re about. Anshurr will just have to content himself with that.”




Tis is blown away. She had come to Center to investigate the very subject Klynn is inquring about!

What is more amazing is that the unit of defenders she has been drafted to are the very subjects of the Machine's forewarning:

Tis' Mission wrote:The Machine had also experienced foreboding premonitions of what lay ahead and we shared the details of our visions. The Machine told me of ancient Relics of terrible power coming into unknown or untrustworthy hands.

In the end the Machine advised I come to Center, the apex of this spiralling darkness, and I agreed. In the morning I found that passage had been arranged and I left that day. I am here to pursue my destiny; now where are the Relics?



'...Ancient Relics of terrible power coming into unknown or untrustworthy hands.' Tis is shocked.

My current companions are those very hands! Or perhaps more properly Thraxus is... Maybe soon it will be Klynn... Or the demon Horde itself! Machine Prevent It!

It is also notable that Klynn pretends disinterest and makes a big deal about knowing so little... It seems as long he is 'out of loop' his ability to interfere is limited, that is a good thing.
Tis retreats back into the spacious, padding of her enormous chair.

The Great Blob has played it's hand, and now the Cat-man must tell the truth or not. Add another power-hungry faction to the multitudes that would have the objects of elemental power or attempt to deceive the Splugorth Lord. Tis listens intently for what the response is.

-----
To misdirect anyone who may have noticed her interest in the objects, Tis speaks up when the Eldritch Horror brings up the PPE issues,

"Have you run out of slaves to slaughter? Not willing to raid the pantry?"

Prayers to a Sploog? These are crazy times indeed. We might as well be asking people to wear their hats on their feet and their pants on their heads!

Tis considers the possibility of capturing energy (quickly and temporarily) from the Rifts levels and directing it to the Pyramid.

Techno-Wizardry Construction 104% 1d100:
21
pass
Mechanical Engineer 55% 1d100:
29
pass
Electrical Engineer 65% 1d100:
65
pass??
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Prothor » Tue May 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 13:
12

JIC: 1d20:
2
1d100:
19


Lore: Magic 53%=1d100:
96

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 53%=1d100:
44


Prothor continues to sit in the overly large chair, but as the drivel of the self important monster at the head of the table wears on, he starts scanning the rest of the room. He makes sure to pan slowly around so he gets a clear recording instead of a bunch of hasty jumps between clear video feeds.

Prothor smiles inwardly, because that's the only way he can smile, as his awe wears off and he finally starts to process the language being spoken. Yes,, regardless of what video I get, keep recording this audio. Especially if that Kesslan decides to expound on the large points of our mission. Though I might want to keep an ear open on that tract too.

When the conversation turns to the need for mystical energy, Prothor tries to remember what other sources are good for mass quantities of PPE, other than worship and death. For some reason his thoughts keep coming around to the rifts that they just shutdown and the huge amount of energy that is not being used on them right now.
Last edited by Prothor on Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prothor
 

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Sorrenson » Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
55

PPE: 152/130
ISP: 25/39
Conditions: Mind Block

Sorrenson listens to Klynncryth's reply. Well, this guy is in deep shit if that's what he wants... He opens up his loud speaker. "Um, Lord Klynncryth. I would just like to make sure I have this straight. You want us to tell us secrets that we may or may not have. In return, you might commit your forces to defeating the demons, but only if we can help you open up your rifts?" He pauses. "To me, it's the equivalent of some washed up Spacer is trying to pass off a broken down ship on one of the lower levels. The price is too high, the ship almost certainly doesn't work and to top it off he says 'oh yeah, can you help me buy some parts and re-assemble it?' It's a deal anyone with half a brain would walk away from. Honestly, the fact that you - a Splugorth - need help to open a rift gives little confidence in your ability to deliver."

He then takes a second to consider what he just said. He quickly switches off his speaker feed and grimaces. Oh no... I think I may have just royally pissed off a Sploog!
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 pm

(Rolls Carried...)

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson listens to Klynncryth's reply. Well, this guy is in deep shit if that's what he wants... He opens up his loud speaker. "Um, Lord Klynncryth. I would just like to make sure I have this straight. You want us to tell us secrets that we may or may not have. In return, you might commit your forces to defeating the demons, but only if we can help you open up your rifts?" He pauses. "To me, it's the equivalent of some washed up Spacer is trying to pass off a broken down ship on one of the lower levels. The price is too high, the ship almost certainly doesn't work and to top it off he says 'oh yeah, can you help me buy some parts and re-assemble it?' It's a deal anyone with half a brain would walk away from. Honestly, the fact that you - a Splugorth - need help to open a rift gives little confidence in your ability to deliver."


"Exactly! It's goddamn bush league, Klynnster, amateur hour stuff. You say you can't offer us support unless we pull off a miracle." Baron agrees with Sorrenson's assessment. Hmm, he's vulnerable, maybe I'll needle him a little.

Baron's biological Fear mechanisms are missing which may have an effect on his ability to apply common sense to this situation and he begins to search out and push Klynncryth's "buttons". Anger and frustration make for haste and error, Chico recalls his martial arts training: provoke the enemy to draw them into a weaker position.

"#1, Find a bunch of bodies to murder in sacrifice. Dude, if we had an excess of personnel we wouldn't have come down to your dump in the first place. You think this was our first choice? Sacrifice that fecking guy right there, The Kid points to a random Kydian, "He's not up to much.

#2, get Center to pray to you? Ha! I say Ha. HAHAHA, Klynnee-klynn-klynn!?! You can't be a shit your whole life then ask for thoughts and prayers! Especially if your lifespan is thousands of years long... that's a whole lot of you being a heinous asshole recorded in the history books, and all of it remembered, believe you me."
Baron takes a moment to puff his mega-spliff. "Maybe if we replaced you with... just about anybody else, that might be possible. But..."

"...Klynnomaniac, You've just told us, that for the next few hours at least, the demons'll have you on your heels. Basically, without reinforcements, not only are you not in a position to help but you'll have your hands full holding on to this stinking hole, your own damn level!

You say demons make good customers... huh, not today I guess, eh?

Seems like they intend to kill us all, one and the same. It's pretty democratic at least. Big, powerful you and little old me on the same figurative kill-list, my mama'd be proud! Snuffed out with the greats!

Welp, you're having trouble handling your favorite customers, and we got stuff going on as well, we should leave you to it! We'll check-in on you in three hours or so. Can't wait to see how you fared without the reinforcements you can't deploy without us for some reason!

I mean it sounds like you, yourself, Klynncryth the Great and Powerful, couldn't even rift out of here to save your own skin!

Are you stuck here Klynny-baby?"


Hmm, too much?
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Tis » Wed May 17, 2017 4:19 pm

(Rolls carried)
Tis suddenly returns from wherever she goes when she zones out.

"Isn't there a zoo on this level? Why wouldn't that work?"
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Winston » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 22:
14

JIC: 1d20:
9
/ 1d100:
21


Conditions: 16 missiles and 167 grenades remaining, -56 Silverhawk Main Body MDC, -46 Personal MDC

"I'm not going to kill for you," Winston states flatly, speaking for the first time. Sitting forward in his chair he turns fully to face Klynncryth, "And you might not care what your 'food' thinks but I'm sure you're aware of your reputation. I'm a pilot, not a motivational speaker. I don't see how we're going to convince enough people to think nice thoughts about you to matter in the time we have. But we aren't here to ask something for nothing, merely to point out how it's in your interest to help fight off the demons. The fact that you're here personally means you recognize the value of this place. Yeah you could stay here and wait it out, see where the chips fall. Maybe you improve your position, but just as likely you don't. Does a destroyed Center have value to you? Would one run by demons be as prosperous and valuable? If the Prometheans fall the market you enjoy goes with them, whatever might rise from the ashes after won't be nearly as profitable even if you managed to secure more territory than you control now."
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
User avatar
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Holt » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 14:
12

JiC D20: 1d20:
15
(+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100:
27


Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], On], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

Personal MD: 134/138 [Regens 9 MD/hr]
PA Main Body: 189/220

Holt listens to Klynnkryth's proposal/demand, and several of the others' responses, but he doesn't have anything immediately he feels he can contribute at first, **Well. We don't really frakking know anything about what Thrax-Man wants us to do, so there's really nothing for the Rogues at least, to divulge ... aaaand I have no idea what Fire-Stone the Squid-Monster's talking about. Sounds like Thraxus has been having Kesslan's crew handle that side of ... whatever. That said, this guy's not going to be shamed. He's not going to be goaded. His regulars are tied, bloodied ... or maybe chopped up. He might or might not have it in him to open up a couple Rifts, but I never like to dig too deep into my reserves. I'm sure Big-Smugly doesn't either ... If he's got it in him he want's to be able to prep a couple rifts to get himself and his troops out if Center truly falls. But they're right, folks aren't going to Pray to him, not any way I can think of ... Do Demons give off PPE sufficient for the task? ... I mean if we Killed off y'know 300 or something at once (like we probably did with The Crank-Deal on Level 1? ... Could that work? ... if we led a big chunk of them into a confined space and kept em busy long enough not to realize a couple of Smugly's Kydians are cranking away in the next room? ...**

Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) [30%]: 1d100:
5


When a moment of quiet pops up though, Holt quietly and calmly interjects, "Lord Klynncryth? ... History is what it is. Demons might make wonderful neighbors, and customers. If the Demons lose though, and I think History bears out that the Prometheans have a pretty good track record against Invaders, your landlords may be less than thrilled with you ... Also Center's not just this City ... it's a damn Planet, I'd venture to guess that even if the Prometheans opted to walk away from the City ... it would pretty much be just long enough until they brought up all sorts of nasty ridiculous Phase-stuff that they keep offsite. Now ... what about a Mass-Demon-Massacre ... would that afford you sufficient 'energy' to bring your troops in? ..." The Manarr deftly omits any reference to Klynncryth's own resounding and humiliating failed-invasion, and any prospect that this Splugorth is being shown up by a pack of ravening lesser minion types (for him anyways), who could become his new landlords ... to whom he might even have to (perish the thought) defer.
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
User avatar
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Bryke » Fri May 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
2
/ 1d100:
56


"I'm not going to kill for you," Winston states flatly, speaking for the first time. Sitting forward in his chair he turns fully to face Klynncryth, "And you might not care what your 'food' thinks but I'm sure you're aware of your reputation. I'm a pilot, not a motivational speaker. I don't see how we're going to convince enough people to think nice thoughts about you to matter in the time we have. But we aren't here to ask something for nothing, merely to point out how it's in your interest to help fight off the demons. The fact that you're here personally means you recognize the value of this place. Yeah you could stay here and wait it out, see where the chips fall. Maybe you improve your position, but just as likely you don't. Does a destroyed Center have value to you? Would one run by demons be as prosperous and valuable? If the Prometheans fall the market you enjoy goes with them, whatever might rise from the ashes after won't be nearly as profitable even if you managed to secure more territory than you control now."



Did say he wasn't a motivational speaker right- because that right there moved me a little. I too won't kill for the sake of feeding you and your kind Klynncryth.

"Lord Klynncryth? ... History is what it is. Demons might make wonderful neighbors, and customers. If the Demons lose though, and I think History bears out that the Prometheans have a pretty good track record against Invaders, your landlords may be less than thrilled with you ... Also Center's not just this City ... it's a damn Planet, I'd venture to guess that even if the Prometheans opted to walk away from the City ... it would pretty much be just long enough until they brought up all sorts of nasty ridiculous Phase-stuff that they keep offsite. Now ... what about a Mass-Demon-Massacre ... would that afford you sufficient 'energy' to bring your troops in? ..."


I had the same idea Holt... curious.

"I am thinking something similar to Holt's imply- we can kill two with one stone so to speak. Demons die and their life force(s) aid in powering your grand pyramid, is that possible?"

And if that is possible how do we not allow for the universal act of death to become something that the splugorth can capitalize on... if that were possible surely they would have thought of a way to do so by now- but if they somehow figured out how to make all death on center add to their ppe stores... ... if the sacrifice is possible how could we turn it off or keep them from making it a permanent act and only spec- wait, wait, is that even possible- cant be... note to self, read up on ritual sacrificing.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/140
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Solaris » Sat May 20, 2017 1:58 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
24



Starchief wrote: Not wearing his armor, it's an easy move for Starchief to remove his Ring of Tongues and slide it onto Solaris' finger.


This is unreal! What is he doing?!
Lisa jerks her hand away at the last moment.
Sheepishly, she explains to Starchief "Uh, they uh, it sounds like the translators have switched to Trade 4. Th-thanks."

Icky wrote: Icky grumbles. "I'll even promise not ta poison it."

"Just poison it a little. Gotta keep the crew on their toes, and all."

At the Splugorth's words, Solaris can only grit her teeth and try not to lose her temper. I can't believe the nerve! This is outrageous!
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Starchief » Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 17:
13

JIC: 1d20:
3
/1d100:
16


Solaris wrote:Lisa jerks her hand away at the last moment.
Sheepishly, she explains to Starchief "Uh, they uh, it sounds like the translators have switched to Trade 4. Th-thanks."


Oblivious to the subtleties of Earth ring giving ceremonies, Starchief shrugs and puts his ring back on. He prefers it to the Splugorth inventions. "Ah! Glad they finally got those up and running. Hard to plan if you can't hear what's being said."

When Klynn brings up the subject of their mission goals, Starchief's face contorts a bit. Give our secrets to the enemy? To the one who has sent ambushes after us while stranded on a far away planet? I think not.

Winston wrote:"I'm not going to kill for you," Winston states flatly, speaking for the first time. Sitting forward in his chair he turns fully to face Klynncryth, "And you might not care what your 'food' thinks but I'm sure you're aware of your reputation. I'm a pilot, not a motivational speaker. I don't see how we're going to convince enough people to think nice thoughts about you to matter in the time we have. But we aren't here to ask something for nothing, merely to point out how it's in your interest to help fight off the demons. The fact that you're here personally means you recognize the value of this place. Yeah you could stay here and wait it out, see where the chips fall. Maybe you improve your position, but just as likely you don't. Does a destroyed Center have value to you? Would one run by demons be as prosperous and valuable? If the Prometheans fall the market you enjoy goes with them, whatever might rise from the ashes after won't be nearly as profitable even if you managed to secure more territory than you control now."


When Starchief hears Winston's speech, he nods along in agreement. Takes a keen mind to stand up in the face of evil like that. Right on, Brother Winston.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Kesslan » Sat May 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 15:
4

JIC: 1d100:
48
1d20:
10


Kesslan was quiet for a good while, though it was clear he was paying attention given the way his ears and head occasionally moved about. His movements were oddly.. robotic otherwise for someone that was a (mostly) flesh and blood creature. In reality he found himself musing over the idea of trying to dig up sufficient sacrifices and then weighing that in against the potential downsides of Klynn then using those forces to try and take Center for himself after everything was said and done. Or otherwise try to leverage his help with the Promethans to expand his influence some how. All that had to be considered and then weighed carefully against the chances that if he didn't help, Center would be lost and the Demons would take over. From there they could touch countless worlds through the portal system, most of which wouldn't be anywhere nearly as well prepared to fight the threat as Center itself was.

Personally his view of the calculus was in favour of trying to find sufficient individuals for the purpose. Getting people to worship him that don't already just isn't practical in the time frame given. And is even less desirable an outcome... despite his own personal views he also weighed in the reactions of the others, especially those of his crew. He certainly didn't feel Chico mocking Klynn to his 'face' was remotely wise, but that was his problem. Not one for the GA as far as Kesslan saw. Though it did potentially impede what his own goal was here in regards to completing the mission (such as it was) at hand.

"Sacrificing that many individuals potentially capable of fighting on our side would be less optimal than sacrificing enemy units." He says to support the ideas being tossed about of some how harnessing the demons themselves. That would be a lot more work he was certain but at the same time it would work to thin out the enemy's numbers while using that time to build up energy for the portals to open. Since the fighting had to be done regardless it wasn't really that much of an added burden. Technically. "We would need your assistance in rounding up incapacitated hostiles but incapacitating them long enough for their capture shouldn't be any harder than fighting them with more conventional weapons so long as we had the necessary tools and munitions. Given your kind are renown for their slavery of all manner of beings I've no doubt you've got access to everything we'd need to accomplish the task."

He looks around to everyone else to assess their reactions to the idea of doing something like that. "We could certainly if need be arrange to purchase or lease the necessary tools. At least going about it that way would still allow us to continue fighting our mutual enemies while obtaining the required number of subjects for you."
Kesslan's Character Sheet
HP: 72 SDC: 118
MDC Skull: 22

Constant Effects:
Autododge +5, Mildly Radioactive, Can see Ultra-Violet spectrum of light, Takes 1/2 Damage from Radiation, Immune to Horror Factor, No fear of heights. Cybernetics: See Character Sheet. Can make Aimed/Called shots while running, swimming, parachuting or from a moving vehicle without penalty. Steady Nerves: Driving Penalties 1/2. Street Rep (Hardcase to be Feared): HF14 when Angry/Threatening.

Rose (To Kesslan): I don't suppose you're planning an assault on all free kind are you?
Daisy (OOC) Figures big crowds don't seem to be his thing, unless he's firing on them.
Rex: his ears rotate like dishes towards Kesslan's roar and the response from his foes, "trouble."
Al: Listening to the roar Al nods. "That would be Kesslan. Which most of the time means the exact same thing."
Theme Songs: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive , Disturbed: Indestructible , Johnny Cash: Hurt , UNKLE: Burn My Shadow, The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else, The Equalizer theme song, X Ambassadors: Jungle (feat. Jamie N Commons)
User avatar
Kesslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Phase World: Rogues

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Vortigern » Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

JIC: 1d20:
9

JIC: 1d100:
60


Vortigern steps forward to give a courtly bow towards Klynncryth after which he straitens with splayed hands as he begins speaking. "A pleasure and honor to meet you Your Majesty. I am Vortigern Taerea, of Lands and Empire far removed from here. As I informed your vassal Lord Anshur we are here as envoys in a quite limited capacity. While we do bear an offer of Alliance from Lord Corbulo, we have not been delegated any authority to negotiate on his behalf. So you understand that even if we agreed to some manner of recompense for your assistance ... the rulers of this city would be free to judge it non-binding. That is a delicate situation I think we would all prefer to avoid." he says in conciliatory tones, stepping forward slightly to gesture with his hands as he speaks.

I certainly won't be making any promises on such a scale. Imagine if the balance remaining were attributed to me? Hardly...

Pausing for a moment when he speaks again his tone and manner shifting to being more neutral, logical, reasonable. "The situation is also not so dire as you believe, at the current moment. I mentioned previously that Lord Corbulo has identified the Demon General that is leading this assault. Lore from ancient days, perhaps your youth Your Majesty, reveals him to be a Dysasha Lord. Few remain. Perhaps he is the last. Yet he is now known, attempting to lead an assault on the redoubt of the rulers of this city within its walls. And Lord Corbulo is confident that this enemy will fall to his counter sortie. Your assistance while awesome and terrible in its own right Your Majesty, is not properly viewed in this context as being the deciding moment of the event."

A moment of weighty pause is given before Vortigern continues, his tone growing more forceful. "The invasion mounted by Hades will fall. The question is at what cost, born by whom. And while Your Majesty may view that cost as rightly shouldered by the rulers of this city in full, and I will grant that is not unreasonable position for a tenant to take in some circumstances, the full ramifications of such a decision make it seem very much not in Your Majesty's favor."

"Your position as a tenant gives you only very limited obligations, one presumes, towards the rulers of this city. Yet in the fullness of time having shouldered the brunt of this invasion, how then will they view you and yours if you did not render aid against an enemy so clearly mutual? What assurance of civility and rational business then would remain as a pretext for your erstwhile contented landlords to allow you remain in your tenancy? Or ... if their perception should be that you did not bear what portion of this burden as they should have thought your fair share? Why then, what prevents an increase in rents, fees, and whatever other levies Your Majesty might be asked to provide to the city in the future?"

The Sorcerer shifts on his feet pacing slightly as he continues, seemingly impassioned with his words. "The parallels may seem trivial to one so powerful, ancient, and wise as Your Majesty yet I am in no small way reminded of innumerable disputes between Lords and Vassals from my own homeland. A Lord may only be owed so much, by right of levy and call to arms, from his bannermen. Yet he will never forget which of his vassals gave only their exact due in his hour of need and which stood by him in earnest." he intones, placing one fist into the palm of the other hand in seeming emphasis. "I cast no aspersions that you serve in any capacity, Your Majesty. Merely that the situation ... is much comparable. You have limited obligations in this context. Yet ... can any doubt that your actions will be noted and remembered by all sides? Most especially the Prometheans once their victory is complete."

"Your Majesty I am certain will find that the greatest advantage lies in siding with the assured victor and shaping the form of the peace to come in a favorable way." he says. Vortigern looks about, his mien confident ... seemingly assured that he spoke simple truths. "Your Majest, I can not speak to the nature of the secrets that you desire to be imparted. I am not privy to them, or the nature of their confidence. I will say only on this matter that it seems like something that ... can wait until this moment has passed. As to the other... that is a matter of some concern. I noted when I entered that the reserves of this great and marvelous structure were somewhat drained." he says, his tone shifting towards thoughtful, speculative as he appears to consider the matter.

"Surely however this is not the only Pyramid under Your Majesty's control? Can not energy simply be transferred from one to the other? Or even if necessary arrange such a transfer from an ally? In the interest of speed, and the advantage it provides in this battle, nearly any other means of providing such a vast amount of energy so as to refill the reserves of such a great mystical engine would be significantly more time consuming. We do not, to say the least, have time to go door to door imploring every sentient to concentrate on empowering this edifice. Indeed such would be time consuming enough that I am confident that Lord Corbulo would find waiting for Your Majesty's assistance most likely of untimely value. The invasion will frankly have been thwarted by then. And Your Majesty will have not been a part of it, and all the disadvantageous ramifications thereof."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Dark Lord » Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 pm

OOC wrote:
Baron wrote:is the PPE going to Pyramid, or Klyyn, or are they one and the same in this context?
Trained men of magic OCCs, and anybody else who can control their own PPE, can direct the energy direct to the pyramid. Everybody else needs to bow down to Klynn. Baron doesn’t know this, but any practitioners of magic or who made a magic lore skill roll last post do.

The negotiations continue. Some of the more thoughtful among you start thinking outside the box, of other ways to power the pyramid rift Klynn needs. Prothor considers the newly depowered Gateland as one potential source of energy, but based on his limited experience (and recent brush) with the complex understands it to be purely technological in nature. Without a magical or even techno-wizard component, any energy the gates use would be incompatible with the pyramid. Baron, meanwhile, is able to use his mechano-link to access Center’s network- the advanced AIs governing the place prevent him from taking direct control, but Baron discovers that he (and the rest of the team) has been granted basic access by Center Security, and that includes the ability to request broadcast privileges. Should you choose to exercise the option, it will take a minute but enable you to address most of the city in a single message (though anybody remotely close to the fighting is unlikely to take notice). Meanwhile, Tis chimes in.
Tis wrote:"Have you run out of slaves to slaughter? Not willing to raid the pantry?"

”Not quite, but the ones that are still alive are needed to aid with rebuilding my section. Besides, why should I sacrifice more of my manpower for the good of Center?” Forcing herself not to shrink back from the Splugorth’s attentions, Tis contemplates the possibility of somehow siphoning energy from Center’s other ley lines but quickly concludes that it isn’t feasible in the amount of time you were given. There is a zoo located on Level 3, but without knowing more about the animals inside of it there’s no telling whether their sacrifices will be enough to power the rift.

It is Holt who first comes up with the idea for capturing some demons and using them as sacrifices to recharge the pyramid- his lore of magic suggests it should be feasible, and Bryke’s knowledge of demonkind prompts him to speak up and concur. Kesslan also finds the idea more appealing than any of the alternatives, and starts to make a few practical suggestions. Klynn’s responding laughter echoes through the conference room.

Capture demons?!? ALIVE?? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sure, why not. If you do-gooders are willing to dirty your hands, Anshurr can find a few spare bio-wizard weapons that should do the trick. Just don’t go for any of the stupid ones that can’t use magic, or you’ll be at this all day, and I don’t think you have that kind of time. If you crazy mortals really want to play it that way, Anshurr can arrange for some modest armaments on your way out.” ((OOC: You’ll need 1000 PPE to open the rift.))

Winston pipes up and flatly rules out any plans that involve the sacrifice of civilians for the Splugorth. At his side, Starchief and Solaris both nod their agreement. The Maeus, as well as Sorrenson, point out that Klynncryth doesn’t exactly have the best reputation and that convincing the people of Center to worship him is going to be a hard sell. Winston and Baron both make the point that helping is ultimately in Klynn’s best interest, what with the Prometheans being better neighbors than demonkind, while Vortigern adds in a flowery, strangely-accented speech of his own. As the rhetoric starts to get heated, Klynn begins to lose his cool.

”I AM NO-ONE’S VASSAL!” he bellows.
Taking half a beat to calm down, Klynn continues. ”You mortals are rich. I’m the Savior of Level 3, but somehow my reputation makes the idea of worship so inconceivable that you won’t even try. You keep trying to make arguments about how I’ll benefit by helping out, but you won’t actually offer anything of substance beyond your pretty, pretty words. You ask for what I want in exchange, then refuse to provide it and fall back on the same old platitudes instead.”

”Don’t insult my intelligence. If you expect me to believe that it is to my benefit to keep the Prometheans in power here, then prove it. Otherwise, my deal with them only extends to preventing attacks from my fellow Splugorth. If the trifling bit of information I have requested from you is too high a cost for what you ask in return, then go crawling back to your masters in Center security and tell them you have failed. My pyramid will be recharged in a matter of hours, and we can see what happens then.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW III] Operation Overlord

Postby Baron » Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 10:
3

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
31

Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand:
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
Power Armor: none,
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.
Negative Conditions:

MA: 75% 1d100:
76


Fine then, let's get this farce over with so we can go back to kicking ass.

Baron, meanwhile, is able to use his mechano-link to access Center’s network- the advanced AIs governing the place prevent him from taking direct control, but Baron discovers that he (and the rest of the team) has been granted basic access by Center Security, and that includes the ability to request broadcast privileges. Should you choose to exercise the option, it will take a minute but enable you to address most of the city in a single message


Baron asks the now helpful AI's to set up a link from the table's mic/audio systems to EVERYWHERE. Once it's ready... he turns his mic on and prepares a mic for Klynn.

"Alright then Klynn, let's do this. We're broadcasting city-wide in 4, 3, 2... " Baron mouths the word 'one' as he snaps his fingers to indicate he's broadcasting. His voice takes on the exaggerated, mellifluous tones of a morning-radio disc-jockey:

"Ladies, gentleman and non-binary-gendered folks of all kinds, this is your captain speaking, Captain Chico Barone. I'd kindly ask for your attention as we listen to a most grave and important announcement from Center's Beloved Lord of the Sovereign Realm of Level 3, the One, the Only, His Grand Magnificence of the Many Tentacles, Majestic Cephalopod of the Cosmic Realm, Klynncryth the Great and Wonderful!!!"

Baron then points to Klynn, and rotates his finger in a circle to indicate their still broadcasting, he mentally includes Klynn on the outgoing audio feed.

"Lord Klynncryth, do you have something to ask the good people of Center? I'm sure they would respond best to a genuine and direct request for help from you, yourself. Don't you agree?"

Baron, with his mouth open in a goofy grin and spliff precariously hanging from his lower lip, points to Klynn and waits expectantly him to speak.

Contingencies:

1. If he does, Baron broadcasts the message then sits back and says, "Okay then, lessee if they'll bet on lucky number Klynn."

2. If he does not, Baron shrugs, turns Klynn's mic off, and makes a goofy, exasperated face at everyone before launching into his plea to Center, his voice has become that of the late-night call-in D.J.. It is still exaggerated but now taking on a more folksy, frank and, at times, confessional tone.:

"Uh, looks like Lord K.'s a little mic shy folks, happens to the best of us. Well, what he wanted to ask you... was for you to pray to him.

Yes, I did he say pray. I know it sounds repugnant and impossible to send goodwill or otherwise in any way worship this vile, wormy, bag of shit but these are desperate times; Minion Wars make for strange bedfellows as they say.

Prayers to Klynn and we can rift in reinforcements to wipe out for good these fuckers from Hell! That's the deal folks, it sucks, but it is what it is. Prayers to Klynn to save Center.

I know he's a cruel, evil, lying, person-eating, feck-stained giant, festering, bloated c*nt, but at least he's our cruel, evil, lying, person-eating, feck-stained, giant, festering, bloated c*nt. So c'mon now! Come together and give him some love, so we can take out the trash!"


Baron then sits back and says, "Okay then, lessee if they'll bet on lucky number Klynn."
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Planets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest