One-Eyed Jacks (178)

The slums of MercTown. Be careful what you do and say...the Merctown Defenders don't often come here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:00 am

Image

An oasis of style amidst a sea of trash, this casino is much too elegant to be in the Warrens. The exterior is well maintained, the interior is brightly lit, thickly carpeted and luxuriously furnished. One-Eyed Jacks is second only to the Palace Hotel & Casino. It offers the usual games of chance with tables for poker, blackjack, gin, pinochle, and other card games, roulette and craps, as well as hundreds of slot machines. The casino caters to all kinds of gamblers, from the penny-ante tourist to thousand credit chip high rollers. As always though, the house is strongly favored and wins the majority of the games. On an average night it pulls in 100,000 to 600,000 credits. Aside from the gambling, One-Eyed Jacks has a full service theater-bar with live bands on weekends (play jazz, blues and/or soft rock).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:31 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 46
Conditions: None.

Fi parks her Truck in the parking lot before making her way to the Casino proper. "Been a while since I've been here." Fi says to whomever is with her as she enters the establishment and makes for the bar. Fi waits for a bartender, before ordering. "Whiskey Sour." Fi says with a smile. "Bar or Table?" Fi asks the others, while waiting for her drink.


Fi isn't wearing armor or weapons.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 68
Conditions: Jez has changed into her Little Black Strapless Dress Outfit. She is most definitely wearing her protective eye-wear.

Fiona wrote:Fi parks her Truck in the parking lot before making her way to the Casino proper. "Been a while since I've been here." Fi says to whomever is with her as she enters the establishment and makes for the bar. Fi waits for a bartender, before ordering. "Whiskey Sour." Fi says with a smile. "Bar or Table?" Fi asks the others, while waiting for her drink.


"Never been here myself. Kind of garish and bright for my tastes." Jez had to slip on her optic glasses before even entering the casino. Damn but these people love their lighting as bright as a nova. She pats her purse once just to reassure herself that it's still there as she further replies to Fiona. "Bar. Definitely the bar. I hate changing on the fly...makes me thirsty." She smiles and nods to the bartender and orders a bourbon, neat.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 99

Sensory Equipment 43%: 1d100 = 45
Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 4
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 21

Before Kat goes inside, she paints the side of the Haze with her suits' laser distancer and scans the few blocks of area between the two points.

Kat walks into One-Eyed Jacks and surrenders her firearms at the door. "I have an appointment at the bar. Keep these warm for me. And ready for me to grab on the way out." She tips the 'coat check' clerk Kat's 200 credit unsecured card, and asks. "Also, is the boss in tonight?" Kat met Ernhardt on the worst day of her life.

A Painful Memory wrote:June 109 P.A.

The second job was supposed to go just as easy as the first one. Sneak a handful of rifles into town, and get paid by L and Kat's Black Market contacts. Meetup with the buyer at One-Eyed Jacks. Things turned to piles of feces rather quickly.

The drinks the two were served were spiked. Kat and her elven boyfriend 'L' (Lenidari but nobody dared use it) woke up chained upside down. Kat was never quite sure where the location was, but she would bet it was the casino's basement.

The Black Market didn't want to pay for the guns this time. They wanted Kat and L to work for free. Kat's opinion on that was succinct and quite rude. Dutcher's response, quick and brutal. With a nod, a man brought an axe down on L's head, and repeated the process until the elf stopped twitching and Kat was covered in the elf's splattered blood. That man was later introduced to Kat as 'Ernhardt'.

Kat still wouldn't talk. Dutcher put cigars out up and down her limbs, and across her chest. Kat spit on him and wondered why he spared the face. The boys roughed her up. Kat wouldn't talk. Then they did worse things. That's why Dutcher didn't mess up the face. Kat got a hand loose and broke one of their noses. They dropped her down a diagonal, wide diameter, rough copper pipe a few times and almost let her drown in the polluted water at the bottom. Then they'd wrench Kat back up, tearing her back up some more. Kat passed out again.

When Kat woke up she was dressed again. Then Dutcher gave her a speech about how useful loyalty was in 'our line of work', and if Kat was willing to go through all that for a few rifles and 'a pointy-eared pretty-boy deeb', Dutcher would give her a choice. Loyalty to the Market, or death. Kat actually chose death, but didn't manage to choke that out before passing out. Looking back, that's Kat's emotional response. She really liked L.

The City Rat was happy she didn't get herself killed mouthing off when she woke back up in the alley behind One-Eyed Jacks next to the dumpsters. But Kat decided then she was just playing along with Dutcher until she has him in position to pay for it all.


Shaking the past out of her brain, Kat uses the NGMI card to buy 140,000 worth of chips, and then leaves them sitting there at the money cage in Ted Dutcher's name, with a note that reads 'Accounts Current -Kat'.

Then Kat heads into the bar, orders a shot of Tennessee Whiskey and observes the other girls without identifying herself yet.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:25 pm

GM POST IN PROGRESS

Actions going on outside "The Haze" should be posted here as well for the sake of convenience.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 75

Analoy left her backpack in Fiona's truck along with her utility belt, weapons and all, then followed the other woman in to meet up with Jez. Seeing the other woman has changed, Analoy looks down at her shorts and cropped shirt. I didn't realize I should have changed. One Eyed Jacks didn't sound like a place that required better dress. I will have to pay more attention to my wardrobe in the future.

When the others more to sit at the bar, Analoy follows along, eventually hopping up on a stool and taking a seat, she says to the others, "This place seems lively. But I'm wondering just what goes on behind closed doors here."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:12 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18+3=21
JiC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 52
Intellignece: 1d100 = 50/51%

After being told where they were meeting, Nuriel returned to her home briefly and secured her staff and then changed into more socially acceptable clothing. She removes her mage garments and changes into a more casual attire suitable for such an establishment. Wearing a softer silk lined maroon dress, she threw on her robe and headed back out. No need to bring Ally with me and better to fit in to the environment. This is not my favorite attire. She thinks to herself, scrunching her nose as she heads to One-Eyed Jacks.

When she arrives, she will look for Jezebel or Kat and meet with them, if she arrives first she will head to the bar and order a drink while waiting. When she spots Jez or Kat she'll join them and address them. "Considering the area, this has always been a nicer establishment. To what do we owe the visit?" If she notices the change in attire for Jez and/or Kat, she will add "You clean up nicely, by the way."
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 21

Intelligence 62% |1d100 = 81 Failed
Prowl 68%|1d100 = 95 Failed
Prowl 68%|1d100 = 43 Success
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 25 Success
Surveillance 58%|1d100 = 92 Failed
Undercover Ops 73%|1d100 = 23 Success
Electronic Countermeasures 53%|1d100 = 21 Success
Computer Hacking 63%|1d100 = 76 Failed
Computer Hacking 63% |1d100 = 76 Failed
Computer Hacking 63%|1d100 = 80 Failed
Basic Electronics(hotwire) 53% |1d100-20 = 68 Failed
Basic Electronics(hotwire) 53% |1d100-20 = -12 Success
Basic Electronics(hotwire) 53% |1d100-20 = 10Failed
1d4+3 = 4 Time for Hotwire

James makes small talk with the girls as they drive but as they pull up he takes on a more business like tone, "I'm going to chill in the truck for a bit, I'll see you inside but probably won't talk with you directly cause if I screw this up it will be better if you were not seen with me. I'll come in but leave after my first drink. Give me a couple minutes and then whomever wants to do the driving can follow me." I'll probably fuck it up and end up with a caved in skull.

James stays in the truck and waits for someone with the type of hovercycle Kat describes to show up. If it is a group of bikes he takes note of the drivers, looking for anything that might jump out at him as an easy mark, (drunk or injured, maybe in an argument with one of the others bikers). Once he has identified an individual he will keep watch on where he puts the ignition device for the hovercycle and follow him into the bar being careful to not give away his purpose.

(Option 1) Once inside the bar, James covertly keeps his eye on his target and hopes for a lucky break where the ignition device is left unguarded and he can sneak away with it.

(Option 2) If the opportunity doesn't present itself right away, James will calmly head outside and make for his choice of bikes. He approaches as if the bike belongs to him and quietly works to circumvent the ignition via hacking the internal computer or attempting to hotwire the bike. As he works, James feels the old rush flow back into his body for the first time in a log time. I'm glad I couldn't go the easy way on this one. It's been too long since I did this and I fucking love it.

If all goes well he will have the bike running by the time one of his teammates comes outside to pilot the it. Before they leave he will give a quick scan of the bike to determine if it has any electronic trackers and disable them.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 16

Prowl 50%=1d100 = 28
Prowl 50%=1d100 = 9
Detect Ambush 60%=1d100 = 8
Detect Ambush 60%=1d100 = 84
Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 78%=1d100 = 53
Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 78%=1d100 = 95

Collecting her utility belt and weapons from Fiona's truck as they exit, Analoy makes her way casually over to the indicated hoverbike with James.

Keeping her eyes open, she readies herself to activate a number of tattoos, depending on the amount that the hovercycles are watched. Lay on the darkness control, shadow us and slide in. Hehe, worst comes to worst I can always just power up my strength and turn up my speed and just carry the needed bike off in order to pass this test.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:20 PM (approximately 2 hours since sunset)
38 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)


The surly, burly guard to whom Kat checks her pistols gives her a wary glance (the kind of wary glance one gives when one isn't 100% sure he/she knows who you are but is certain you're bad news regardless) but nods as he sets them aside. The credit card 'tip' brightens his expression a bit though. "Naw, ma'am, da boss ain't 'ere t'night. Out takin' in da countryside, all nice an' relaxin' type." Something about the guard's response gives the impression that whatever Ernhardt may be up to, it's anything but relaxing. "Ya want I should tell 'im ya were lookin' fer 'im when 'e gets back?"

The clerk at the money cage, however, is a far bit friendlier. "Of course, Miss... Porter, isn't it? I'll make sure Mr. Dutcher receives this with your compliments." He's got all the innate charm of the bastard child of a used car salesman and a weasel dipped in axle grease, but definitely friendlier.

Inside the casino proper, it looks to be a normal weeknight for the establishment -- the crowd is lively, and the only thing flowing more swiftly than the drinks would be the money at the various machines and gaming tables. Whether it's the low-money slot machines (being played by patrons who look like they're equally low-money) or it's the well-dressed whales dealing with obscene amounts of credits, gambling is the name of the game and everyone's so out to play that the ladies barely get a second glance as they walk in. In no time at all Kat, Jez, Analoy and Fiona are seated at the bar with drinks in hand as Nuriel joins them shortly afterwards.

Meanwhile, James bides his time to make a fashionably delayed entrance and doesn't have to wait long before a group of about half a dozen hovercycles in the black/red/silver color scheme pull up to the Haze, ridden by some dangerous-looking tattooed thugs sporting a similar palette with their clothing, all with a flaming horned skull emblem somewhere. Several of the more visible tats do bear a certain resemblance to Analoy's. None of them look to be a particularly easy mark as all of them look far more disciplined than what one would expect out of a run-of-the-mill biker gang. It's almost as if they're more soldiers than thugs -- and by the looks of them, fairly experienced ones at that -- but the obvious leader of the group, a particularly intimidating-looking ogre, carries all the poise and bearing one would expect from a career military officer. The ogre is the last one into the bar, and spends an uncomfortably long time lingering at the door and looking out over the bikes. Eventually, however, the ogre turns his back on the street and disappears into the establishment. The freelance spy makes his staged cameo appearance in the casino sitting not too far away from the ladies but not making any obvious attempt to signal or communicate with them, and as planned he leaves after only one drink and moseys his way to where the hovercycles are parked.

Despite stumbling a bit as he starts over, James manages to recover his graceful footing and make a steathy approach. The most obvious target would be an NG-220 Rocket, parked a little ways away from the others and with the key still in the ignition. Unfortunately, there's a little voice inside his head advising against taking it. It's almost TOO easy a boost to be true; if James didn't know better he'd swear that the Horsemen actually want this one to be stolen (OOC: I'm taking your good perception along with some strategic success rolls to equal your ability to spot an obvious 'bait car' -- or in this case, 'bait bike'). A quick search of the remaining bikes reveal a nice juicy target, an NG-480 Turbo (in fact it's the one the ogre was riding). It's not the easiest to steal, but it's the only one that could accommodate James and his driver. As James starts looking the hovercycle over, sure enough he finds a tracker device tucked away up in one of the intakes and is able to remove it without too much trouble.

As James fiddles with the hovercycle, his would-be accomplice slides up as stealthily as a shadow and takes a lay of the landscape. Just from a quick glance, Analoy can tell there seems to be a pretty good ambush spot to the northeast on the most obvious route to the Dockside area of MercTown, with another one that could also be pretty risky off to the west. Just as she walks up, James' attempts at hotwiring the cycle come to fruition as the turbine whines to life. Unfortunately, James' cybernetically-enhanced hearing picks up a voice from within the Haze. "I'll be right back, I forgot something -- and if you drink my damn beer again while I'm gone I'm gonna send you to Mephisto myself!" James can't be sure but it sounds like someone's coming.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 86

Sensory Equipment 43%: 1d100 = 71

Townsend wrote:"Ya want I should tell 'im ya were lookin' fer 'im when 'e gets back?"


"If you want. No big deal. The names' Kat. I think he'll remember me."

Townsend wrote:"Of course, Miss... Porter, isn't it? I'll make sure Mr. Dutcher receives this with your compliments."


Kat simply nods acknowledgement at the mention of her name, mutters a "Thanks" and continues on to the bar.

Kat sits at the far end of the bar from the rest of the girls with her whiskey in front of her, observing her new teammates with a level of anonymity brought by her change of armor. The City Rat doesn't attempt to announce her presence to anyone, trying to be just a merc staring into their drink, and letting her onboard sensors keep her aware.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:23 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 6
Condition: None.

Fiona sips her drink. "Jez, where are you from? I can tell you aren't local." Fiona asks casually, stiring her drink with a bar straw. I'm even guessing Earth isn't native to her Fiona thinks based on her observations of the purple haired vixen. "So a Titan Combat Robot, my Truck, and a few hovercycles... Yeah a hanger should have plenty of room. We could call a contractor to section off a part of it to build several rooms for sleeping, a kitchen, bathrooms... oh I want one of those whirlpool baths, a dining area, a living room, and maybe a conference room. That shouldn't be too difficult, can be a two story affair inside the hanger, with the living spaces on the second floor. Oh I'm gonna need tools to, specifically for your Robot. My automotive tools will be woefully inadequate for that work, but I know some places that sell that kind of gear." Fiona begins to ramble on, it's clear she's excited, but unsure of the situation.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15+3
JiC: 1d20 = 11//1d100 = 17

Nuriel waits and observes her new 'friends' quietly having no real task at hand and some extra time to kill she doesn't mind. I am curious what we are doing here exactly, what is the endgame to this little venture. I'm curious to see where it goes but there are pressing things I must attend to before long. She thinks to herself sipping her drink.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 48

Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 78%=1d100 = 41

Conditions: (Darkness Powers) (40) - 20 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

As soon as the hoverbike comes to life, Analoy is on it. Pressing the black sun tattoo on her left shoulder, she says to James, "Time to go" as she glances at the controls, making sure all the lights are off. As soon as his ass hits the seat, Analoy hits the throttle and wraps them in a Cloak of Darkness as she points the bike south. Okay, the cloak of darkness should keep people from identifying us. Might have to cook the bike if someone spots us. Or drop it in a river... There is a river around here, isn't there? Her plan is go south then west and dump the bike in an alley before catching a cab or hoofing it back to One-Eyed Jacks. Though that is only if they get away clean. If things get complicated, other options will have to come into play.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:31 pm

(rolls held over)
Townsend wrote:Inside the casino proper, it looks to be a normal weeknight for the establishment -- the crowd is lively, and the only thing flowing more swiftly than the drinks would be the money at the various machines and gaming tables. Whether it's the low-money slot machines (being played by patrons who look like they're equally low-money) or it's the well-dressed whales dealing with obscene amounts of credits, gambling is the name of the game and everyone's so out to play that the ladies barely get a second glance as they walk in. In no time at all Kat, Jez, Analoy and Fiona are seated at the bar with drinks in hand as Nuriel joins them shortly afterwards.

Before they depart for their job, Jez makes sure to slip a tracer bug into Analoy & James' hands with direction for them to keep the bugs on their persons. "Be safe. Get the job done. Hurry back for drinks."
Fiona wrote:Fiona sips her drink. "Jez, where are you from? I can tell you aren't local. So a Titan Combat Robot, my Truck, and a few hovercycles. Yeah a hanger should have plenty of room. We could call a contractor to section off a part of it to build several rooms for sleeping, a kitchen, bathrooms... oh I want one of those whirlpool baths, a dining area, a living room, and maybe a conference room. That shouldn't be too difficult, can be a two story affair inside the hanger, with the living spaces on the second floor. Oh I'm gonna need tools to, specifically for your Robot. My automotive tools will be woefully inadequate for that work, but I know some places that sell that kind of gear."

"Where am I from?" Jez ponders that seemingly simple question for a moment. "You know, that's a relative question. I'm not sure if my native dimension is the same, or if I'm simply from a different world in this dimension, but I think, based on what people have shared with me about rifts, that I'm from another dimension. One a lot different than this save that suffering and strife seem to be constants of both." Jez listens to Fiona ramble on about what she'll need for a bit before interjecting, "We can take care of all that tomorrow. Don't worry about it."
Nuriel wrote:Nuriel waits and observes her new 'friends' quietly having no real task at hand and some extra time to kill she doesn't mind. I am curious what we are doing here exactly, what is the endgame to this little venture. I'm curious to see where it goes but there are pressing things I must attend to before long. She thinks to herself sipping her drink.

"You're awfully quiet, red. What's on your mind?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

(Rolls Held)

Basic Math 83%: 1d100 = 12
Advanced Math 73%: 1d100 = 86
Tailing 72%: 1d100 = 56 (Used to help estimate average walking speed)

When Analoy and James head out, Kat does some mental arithmetic, based on the distance reading she got earlier and an estimate of the pair's walking speed. Kat adds 30 seconds to the total mentally. I should check on them, then. Kat sets her armors chronometer* to go off then.

The City Rat walks up to the trio of attractive girls, drink still in hand. Putting on a fake, deep, country accent, Kat says "Howdy thar ladies. Y'all are quite the sight fer sore old eyes." while obviously checking out their cleavage.

Only if Kat is absolutely certain she isn't going to get hit for her antics, does she remove her helmet, reveal her mischievous grin, drink her shot, grimace, and then announce. "I'm gonna go check on them soon. Just in case someone catches them before they get the bike started. Order me another Tennessee whiskey will you?" Gotta make sure Analoy isn't working with the Horsemen. Kat may seem paranoid to the casual reader, but one has to reflect on the fact the Horsemen are responsible for the City Rat's claim to infamy. That sort of history has a tendency to shape someone's thoughts. That and if they do need help, I wouldn't mind shooting one or two of those pricks if they start chasing after them.

When Kat's alarm goes off, she pops on her lid again** and walks off after them, stopping to grab her pistols at the door. Kat plans to literally walk two blocks north, and circle the block and walk back.

If Kat's fancy sensor suite or her eyes tell her the pair are getting away on a bike without an immediate tail or series of small arms fire, she turns around and returns to the bar.

*Yes I know it is not a stated feature of a NE-BA-26. But as you can see, Kat has the 'all the bells and whistles' model and for the markup Tiree charged, it had better work as a alarm clock. Failing that, Kat tries to count seconds in her head.

**Only if Kat actually took it off in the first place.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:53 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 28
JIC: 1d100 = 13 1d20 = 9

Unscramble Encrypted Radio Transmission 59%| 1d100 = 29
Detect Ambush 58%| 1d100 = 39

Analoy wrote: "Time to go"

"You got that right. Someone's coming back out and I think its one of the owners. Get this thing moving." James jumps on the bike and holds on as the bike takes off. He looks over his shoulder as they move away to see if someone sees them and starts after. He feels for his pistol to make sure its there as well, I would much rather talk my way out of this situation but I can shoot my way out if I have to. He taps Analoy on the shoulder and says, "We should find somewhere to stash this thing once we are clear. We need to show it to Kat and Jez...or at least I do if I want to get this job."

While the bike moves James keeps his eye on any pursuers as well as looking out for areas that might turn into ambushes if the owners of the bike radio for help. He will also tune in his radio ear trying to find the frequency the bikers might use if in pursuit. If the channel is encrypted he will work to unscramble it.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Warrens Map 01b.jpg


The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:30 PM (approximately 2 hours 10 minutes since sunset)
38 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)


HEIST CREW:
Analoy jumps on the bike and activates her tattoo. Good thing, too, as almost immediately afterwards the Horseman comes out the door. It’s the ogre-in-chief, and he’s definitely not pleased at what he sees.

“Hey! What the fuck you think you’re doing with my ride? Clutch! Spinner! Swampy! Get out here!” He shouts as he draws his pistol and starts firing. Thanks to Analoy’s cloak of darkness, most of the ogre’s shots go wide -- but one comes way too close to James’ head for comfort (is that the smell of hair being singed?) and one lands solidly on the rear ball jet (-22 MDC to the rear ball jet), complete with sparks and some grey smoke. Judging by the sound of the impact (not to mention the sparks/smoke) the bike couldn’t stand another one of those hits. Fortunately once they round the corner and start heading south they’re out of his line of sight. Just before they round the corner, though, James can see the rest of the gangers running towards their bikes.

Flashing lights get Analoy’s attention. The bike’s instrument panel is lighting up like a Christmas tree…
ERROR -- TRACKING SYSTEM NOT FUNCTIONING
ERROR -- REAR TURN INDICTORS NOT FUNCTIONING
ERROR -- AUXILLARY BOOSTERS NOT FUNCTIONING
WARNING -- MAIN PROPULSION THRUSTER DAMAGED. PLEASE VISIT YOUR NEAREST AUTHORIZED NORTHERN GUN SERVICE CENTER BEFORE ATTEMPTING HIGH-SPEED MANEUVERS


The bike is doing okay for the moment as they’re cruising around town at relatively slow speeds, but it’s clear the bike isn’t going to be able to outrun anything thanks to the ogre’s lucky shot. If there’s a bright side is that the bike isn’t giving off any more of the grey smoke. A quick look behind them shows the last of it right about where they made their turn west.

While holding on for dear life, James scans the radio airwaves for any tell-tale conversations. He stumbles across one that’s strong enough to be coming from the parking lot nearby. It’s encrypted, of course, but his built-in cyberware makes short work of it.

“…just got stolen. One male, one female. Headed south from The Haze. Tracker’s dark. May be using magic. Spinner, Swampy and Clutch are in pursuit. Og, you and Wally scout the east side. Vermin, you and Strutter take the west side. Hector, keep an eye on the gate to the Mystic Quarter in case they try to get out that way. Randall, you do the same with the east gate to the Bazaar and tell Fidgit to haul ass over to the west one. Any of you see my bike you let me know immediately. The rest of you, be ready to roll out the moment it’s found. But make no mistake, Horsemen, I want them ALIVE. I’ll make a circuit around here in case they’re stupid enough to circle back.”
“This is Arch, Ackbar. I copy. I’ll whistle up Davey Boy and try to get some answers from him as well.”
“Thank you sir, but I thought we had an agreement with the Boys that we’d leave each other alone.”
“If he’s broken that agreement it’s his funeral, but I don’t think Bradley’s that dumb. Could be young bucks of his wanting to make a name for themselves. Could be someone trying to muscle in on his turf. Either way we can either eliminate the Boys as suspects or rattle their cage enough to turn ‘em over to us. I’ll let you know when I find out anything.”
“Understood, sir. I’ll wait here until I hear from your or one of our scouts. Ackbar out.”



CASINO CREW:
Inside the casino, it’s business as usual for everyone but the quartet of ladies -- Jez and Fiona chatting it up, Nuriel sitting beside them but off in her own little world, and Kat pretending to be totally on her own before attempting to pass herself off as a would-be one night stand (stopping just shy of saying that the others look as good as a new set of mud tires) and heading out to check on the heist in progress.

Kat gets just past The Sound Box when she hears shouts and shots coming from the general direction of The Haze. Almost as if on cue, a barely-visible dark shape whizzes by headed south on the main road. While she can’t make out any details around the center of the dark blur, she can see some glints of metal at the edges and some grey smoke left in its wake.

Meanwhile, if Jez happens to glance down at her tracker monitor she notices (and with a perception roll of 24, you bet your bippy she does) that the two signals are moving. They’re headed in the casino’s general direction and they’re moving way too fast to be on foot.


THE SKINNY:
    - James and Analoy are cloaked in darkness, riding on a damaged stolen bike and have made it to the end of the red dotted line.
    - Kat is in the street between The Sound Box and Hydra’s Breath.
    - Jez is stilling in the casino with her tracker monitor indicating movement.
    - Fiona is sitting next to Jez, chatting away.
    - Nuriel is also sitting next to Jez, chatting away to nobody but herself.

What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 80

Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 78%=1d100 = 54,1d100 = 35,1d100 = 30
Detect Ambush 60%=1d100 = 37

Conditions: (Darkness Powers) (40) - 20 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

Analoy urges the hoverbike forward, as she sees the console give her a list of bad news. "Bigboy got a lucky shot. We're not going to win any races with this tub now." She takes a hard right, back toward One-Eyed Jacks but follows it up with an immediate left, cutting past Visions of Delight (177), across Cyber Street and into the rows of buildings south of Midnight Transport (171).

If Analoy can make it to the warren of buildings south of Midnight Transport without picking up a tail, she will pull the bike in somewhere out of sight and hop off, "Sorry, but we have to dump the bike. Stay close, I'll keep the shadow cloak up until we're in the clear. We need to get someplace... public. We passed a place back this way."

She grabs a hold of James and leads him east then south, around the corner of a building and out of site of the abandoned hoverbike. When they are not in line of site with the hoverbike, and Analoy can't see anyone watching them, she will turn off the cloak as she turns the pair east again. She looks ahead of them and says, "Ah, there's the place." then she hooks an arm through James' arm and snuggles up to him as she guides him toward the door for Visions of Delight (177).

If Analoy's pursuers do get eyes on her, she will get off the main roads and onto the side streets and back alleys, where speed isn't going to be as much of a problem.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 22
JIC:1d20 = 8 1d100 = 30

Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 48 Success
Trust 85%| 1d100 = 87 Fail
Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 55 Fail
Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 1 Success
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 75Fail

Analoy wrote:"Bigboy got a lucky shot. We're not going to win any races with this tub now." "Sorry, but we have to dump the bike. Stay close, I'll keep the shadow cloak up until we're in the clear. We need to get someplace... public. We passed a place back this way."


Fucking bullshit lucky shots. That fat fuck almost took my head off and then damaged the passing grade to my test. What kind of bullshit is that? Looking at Analoy he says, That's the best choice. I got onto their radio channel and they have people posted all around us. They also know it was a man and a women but didn't give any descriptions so once we get some place public we should separate and meet back at the casino. They are looking for a man and women so we can't show up anywhere together. While he is talking, James slows his breathing and works at keeping his heart rate down. If I am going to pass as someone who didn't just steal a bike I can't look like some one that just stole a bike. James changes his gate to make it look like he is walking casually and once Analoy drops the magic cloak he slowly starts distancing himself from her. Under his breath he says, Good luck, see you in a few.

As he makes a roundabout trip towards the casino, James will try and attach himself to a group of people. He will even make an attempt at small talk if the situation presents itself. He'll ask for directions and try to get this group to trust him enough to let him walk with them as long as possible. If I'm lucky I'll run into a group of people headed to the casino. As always, the spy in him won't allow him to stop looking out for ambushes or hidden dangers.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 44

Sensory Equipment 43%: 1d100 = 59 (reading the NE-BA-26's sensors)
Prowl 68%: 3d100:
54, 80, 95
(Finding a good hiding spot with cover, scurrying away as needed)

Skills Used to Appraise the Bikers
Appraise Goods 68%: 1d100 = 32
Recognize Weapon Quality 53%: 1d100 = 46
Lore: D-Bee 53%: 1d100 = 97
Lore: Magic 53%: 1d100 = 77
Streetwise 63%: 1d100 = 49

Kat decides to find some cover when she spots what she assumes to be her would-be teammates take off. If they got a tail, it'll be on them any second. If there aren't too many, I'll make a distraction.

Kat opens up her HUD display and checks the Naruni armor's sensor feed. Kat then pulls the image from the HUD and overlays it on her left optic nerve via her datajack and implant. Kat makes sure her range will be good for the shot with the pistol using the suit's systems. The City Rat has been burned on range before. Man, I love my rifles for that reason, but they don't put stuff down like these sweet six-shooters.

If there are three or less pursuers, Kat will provide a wee bit of distraction- one well-aimed shot at one of the hoverjets on the lead bike. If Kat recognizes any of the pursuers as the type to fly, or shoot blasts of fire from their hands, or throw vehicles around Kat will do absolutely nothing but pray.

Contingency

Should it be prudent for her to do so, Kat will take her one shot and duck back down an alleyway, running full enhanced speed back toward the casino afterwards.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
A1-A3: Aimed Called Shot (Lead Bike's Hoverjet) 1d20+7 = 10 (+3 WP, +3 Aimed, +1 ranged within 2000') Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
A4-A5: Run Away, Dodge if necessary: 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 24

(Kat can Dodge attacks from behind, surprise or invisible attackers, thanks to the best from Naruni!)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 57

Most Auspicious GM wrote:Jez glances down at her tracker monitor and notices that the two signals are moving. They’re headed in the casino’s general direction and they’re moving way too fast to be on foot.

Well, moving that fast they can't have succeeded in their heist without being caught...which means pursuers...which means they'll need either a distraction or back-up. Jez looks up to Fiona and Nuriel. "Ladies, I do believe this is our cue." She flashes the palm-top display at them both briefly. "They're moving fast, so I'd wager they're being pursued. Let's go distract their pursuers, shall we?" She lets the barkeep know she and the others will be back in just a few minutes, then fast-walks her way to the east doors. On her way out, she calls over her shoulder to Fiona and Nuriel, "I didn't get into this outfit just to get in a firefight. Let's see if our more subtle charms can be of some use."

Contingency 1:
If she leaves the casino in time to see Analoy & James fly past on their route, she'll wait until she sees their pursuers before exclaiming loudly and bending over to pick up an imaginary object from the street. Despite her skirted posterior being in the air, she'll keep an eye on the pursuers.

Contingency 2:
If she leaves the casino too late to distract the Horsemen with the sight of her upturned backside, she'll instead curse under her breath for real, then use the tracker monitor to gauge their direction of travel and haul ass in an intercept direction.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 91
Conditions: None.


Fiona looks at the tracker that Jez produces. "Well this ought to be interesting." Fiona finishes her whiskey sour with a gulp and a face, before following Jez out of the casino. "Firefights are not very nice when I'm not wearing my armor." Fiona replies to Jez's comment about changes of clothes.

Fi looks about hoping to see the oncoming bikers chasing the others. No gun, no armor, still not out of options.

Fi concentrates on the second vehicle speeding by. "Sweet Angel of Combustion forgive me for what I'm about to do." {{Telemechanics: Possession 50 I.S.P.; 30 ft range; No save.}} If successful Fi turns the vehicle sharply into a nearby building.

Fortune & Glory Roll: 1d10 = 7
Strong & Tough: 1d8 = 3
P.S. Bonus: +2d4 = 3
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18+3 = 21
JiC: 1d20 = 6//1d100 = 75
Intelligence: 1d100 = 32/51%
Seduction: 1d100 = 54/29%


Nuriel spends most of her time just watching her new associates while sipping on a drink, her mind not truly sure what to take of all this but unsure how discrete she needs to be about anything. This is a rather odd outing, I had no skills to assist but also don't know these individuals. She pauses her thought and mutters under her breathe "Let's change that."

Taking no further moment in her world, she jumps into theirs (Jez and Fiona, specifically) with some of the only topics she knows anything about, but before she could, Jezebel checks her micro-computer and addresses them, making Nuriel almost mentally trip over her own words.

"Ladies, I do believe this is our cue." She flashes the palm-top display at them both briefly. "They're moving fast, so I'd wager they're being pursued. Let's go distract their pursuers, shall we?" She lets the barkeep know she and the others will be back in just a few minutes, then fast-walks her way to the east doors. On her way out, she calls over her shoulder to Fiona and Nuriel, "I didn't get into this outfit just to get in a firefight. Let's see if our more subtle charms can be of some use."


Nuriel finishes her drink and places it to the bar-table and follows Jez out, her fingers feel heated like she is going to make a show or try to impress them then catches the charm bit and she cocks her head slightly and shrugs. "We could do that." Is all she says and her energy chills back down. She reaches behind her head and undoes the braid holding her hair in a pony tail, letting it fall down and she nods.

Contingency 1:
If Nuriel sees what Jez sees, she will try to play along be feigning shock and placing her hands to her mouth at Jez's action

Contingency 2:
If Nuriel watches the pursuers whip past she will take a second and active Armor of Ithan(-10) then give chase until she has a shoot at one of the pursers and once she does she will call forth a bolt of lightning to strike the vehicle and stop it (Call Lightning: -15 // Instand // DMG: 3d6 = 8MDC)
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:01 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy furrows her brows when James says they know it was a man and a woman that stole the bike. How do they know that? I put the shadow cloak up as soon as James got the bike started. She looks a little disappointed when the pretty man suggests they split up and pulls away from her, but nods none the less. "Okay then. I'd say let me know if something goes wrong but I'm thinking if something goes wrong, it'll go wrong quick. Be smart. See ya soon."

Once breaking from James, Analoy sticks with her plan and heads towards Visions of Delight. Though when she sees its a high end establishment and notes the cargo shorts she's currently wearing, she keeps moving east before turning north at a quick pace back towards One Eyed Jacks. yeah, I'm going to need a cloak sooner rather than later. If she sees a shop that is open, Analoy will duck in and try to find something suitable.
Last edited by Analoy on Mon May 01, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Mon May 01, 2017 10:06 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 84

Prowl 73%| 1d100 = 26 Success
Trust 85%| 1d100 = 49 Success
Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 31 Success
Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 94 Fail
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 29 Success

As James walks he will keep his eyes out for a clothing store. If he finds one he'll head inside and purchase a jacket, (reversible to a different color if possible). He will also grab a simple shirt and pair of pants a little bigger than he needs to put on over his armor. If he is successful in finding the clothing he will use a change room to change into all of them.

James will then continue with his plan to try and blend in with a group headed for the casino.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am

(Rolls Held)

Contingency Actions

If Kat did not fire on the Horsemen as they passed the street in front of the Sound Box or they didn't notice because Kat missed, and Kat then hears the sound of something smashing into say a building or a person after the Horsemen leave Kat's line of sight: Kat will run up to the intersection at her full enhanced running speed and take a look at what happened.

Prowl 68%-10%(armor)=58%: 1d100 = 33
Tailing 72%: 1d100 = 20
Sensory Equipment 43%: 1d100 = 98

If Kat spots her new teammates and the Horsemen all in close proximity, or any of her new teammates injured, Kat will run up behind the Horsemen, looking for a good piece of cover to hide behind. I'll send you all to Hades today if I have to.

If there seems nothing amiss, and the GIRLS have simply caused a distraction, Kat will approach the scene at the fastest pace she can that will not draw undue attention, with gun in hand and hand behind back.




Climbing 68%-10%(armor)=58% 1d100 = 39
Advanced Math 73%: 1d100 = 27
Pilot: Hovercycle 98%: 1d100 = 41

JIC d20: 1d20 = 15

If Kat did get the Horsemen's attention, the City Rat is looking for a fire escape, balcony, awning, or flagpole she can leap up and grab from the alleyway and scramble for some elevation while out of sight of the Horsemen. The City Rat will try to land on one of the hoverbikes and toss the driver off if she can manage it. Kat uses some quick mental geometry to time her fall.

Failing that, Kat ducks around another corner and tries to toss her climbing cord across the alleyway onto something it will hook on at a good height to catch a hoverbiker but not his bike when he tries to come around the corner. Again, Kat uses her mental calculation skills to estimate that height.

In either case, Kat takes the already started Hoverbike if she can keep control of it and it doesn't get too messed up.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:30 PM (approximately 2 hours 10 minutes since sunset)
38 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)



Kuriosity Killed the Kat
Kat attempts to reconcile her visual data from the suit with her internal HUD display, but the interface seems a bit incongruous and as a result the data is intelligible. However, it seems a good risk in terms of range. She lets a shot fly on the lead hovercycle -- it’s in many ways just as much a ‘lucky shot’ as the ogre got in on the one James and Analoy was stealing, as it barely hits but does serious damage to the front hoverjet on the lead Horseman’s NG-300 Speedster. If this had been a normal model it would’ve completely destroyed the jet, but by Kat’s best figuring it was the deluxe armored model. Still, whatever the model it was damaged pretty heavily.

There’s a grunted expletive (hard to say for sure, as it’s in a language Kat isn’t familiar with, but it’s a likely guess) and the lead Horseman shouts at his buddies. “Go on! I’ll check it out!” The other two bikes continue on while he draws a large pistol and brings his bike’s headlight to bear on the alley where the shot likely came from.

Kat has barely enough time to scramble into some sort of cover (in this case, all she could find is to dive into a dumpster behind The Sound Box) before the Horseman slowly rides up. “Oh yeah, I’m gonna find you, pal…” she can hear as he rides by. “And when I do, you’re gonna wish I’d have killed you on the spot. Nobody takes pot shots at Mephisto’s Horsemen and gets away with it.”


The Distracting Trio
Jez, Fiona and Nuriel make it outside just in time to see a pair of Horsemen zip down the street past them. Jez shows the trio what an ‘Arismal Full Moon’ looks like with Nuriel doing her best to sell the act. Two of the three bikers barely give her a glance, but the third gives a solid wolf whistle and stares longingly in her direction.

Fiona takes advantage of the distraction and tries to mentally commandeer one of their bikes, but unfortunately it’s just out of her limited range. However, the Horseman lets his companion continue moving south and instead swings around back to where Jez is… well, if she was a half-crazed former teen actress and pop star making an appearance at a quasi-relevant awards show, she’d be doing what the kids call ‘twerking.’ But as she’s not, the Horseman manages a smile that’s somewhere between marginally charismatic and downright sleazy.

“Howdy, ladies…” the Horseman leers, not even bothering to pretend he’s not staring at their womanly curves. “Couldn’t help but notice ya lost something down there. Me an’ my friends, we’ve lost something too… an’ could use some… help… from some lovely gals like yourselves.” It shouldn’t take a scholar to figure out what kind of ‘help’ he’s really after, of course. “Any of you see a black and red Northern Gun Turbo hovercycle pass by just now with a guy an’ a gal on it? The rightful owner would like to have it back… and would be willing to lay out a little, eh, finder’s fee for it.”


The Larcenous Duo
It would appear that luck is with Analoy and James as neither of them can detect any hint of pursuit. She drives their stolen hoverbike smoothly into a back alley. Aside from the occasional street bum here and there, she has little trouble finding a secluded spot to ditch the bike.

Unfortunately for the two of them, they don’t seem to be in a part of town that has much in the way of retail. Most of the more conventional businesses seem to have shuttered once the 9-to-5 working crowd leaves for home.

Still, although it will probably take a little while as they are taking separate and non-direct routes they figure they should make it back to the casino in about 15 minutes barring any unforeseen delays. They part company and begin working their respective ways through the Warrens.

As with all the seedier sections of all the towns everywhere, it's hard to shake the feeling that they're being watched. Some may be looking for a handout to help stave off starvation another night. Some may be looking for easy marks to con, rob, or any other sort of nefarious deed. Some may be keeping a wary eye on everyone they don't know out of a desire to protect what little they have and hold dear. Or it could simply be the knowledge that you're in the wrong part of a town you're not familiar with.

For James, however, whose heightened senses and intrinsic paranoia give him more solid reasons to be cautious. At one point he manages a casual glance behind him and sees a silhouetted figure on a rooftop. The figure doesn’t appear to be a Horseman -- at least the shape of the silhouette doesn’t look like what a Horseman’s would likely be -- but much beyond that is anybody’s guess. In this part of town it could be just about anyone working for just about anyone else.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 60

Detect Ambush 60%=1d100 = 17

Still worried about being followed Analoy makes no attempt to meet up with anyone, especially James, as she heads back to the casino. She eyes a few of the bums she passes and considers rolling one of them and taking their coat. Or even buying a coat off one of them, but she doubts they have a card reader and that's all the money she has.

If someone calls out to her, or tries to approach her, Analoy will continue on as if she couldn't be bothered by them. I am a woman walking alone in a questionable part of town. That should tell anyone that sees me that I am either someone that should not be bothered or I am very very stupid. In most cases that first should apply, but I can imagine a few cases in which I fall into the second. Regardless, the best thing to do is to keep moving.

If she makes it to the casino unmolested, she finds a seat at the bar where she can watch her back in a mirror or other reflective surface and orders an Irish Coffee from the bartender.

As she sits sipping her warm drink and wishing she had a cloak, Analoy considers the motivation Kat had for sending the pair of them after the hovercycle. The woman must have a vendetta again the owner of the hovercycle. That may be something to watch for if it impairs her judgement. But for now lets just sit and wait.


If she sees James or any of the others come in, Analoy will simple stay put and watch to see if they have been followed.
Last edited by Analoy on Thu May 11, 2017 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Fri May 05, 2017 8:15 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC 100: 1d100 = 17

Sensory Equipment 43%: 1d100 = 30

Bitch ass motherfucker. Kat doesn't like threats of torture. Given her history with Ted Dutcher, this is a perfectly understandable feeling.

Kat decides this Horseman is going to die. Now. When the City Rat hears him get close, Kat pops out of the Dumpster and shoots the Horseman twice in the head. Preferably from behind.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5
APM: 5

A1: Ready Vibro-knife in off hand.
A2-A3: E.P. Critical Success Called Shot to Horseman's head Damage: 2d4*10 = 30
A4-A5: E.P. Critical Success Called Shot to Horseman's head Damage: 2d4*10 = 70
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Fri May 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15+3=18
JiC: 1d20 = 9//1d100 = 36
Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 7/60%
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 12/45%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 22/51%

Nuriel internally groans at the disgusting horseman's offer but shakes her head. "While the offer is kind, we've been busy looking away to see anything of value to you." Nuriel states, her talk-first, kill-later attitude taking over. Well, that worked for the most part. She thinks to herself, making no reference to anything in her own thought but thinking of them getting away.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Mon May 08, 2017 11:53 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 1

Intelligence 62% 1d100 = 77 Fail
Prowl 73% 1d100 = 76Fail
Prowl 73% 1d100 = 86Fail
I.D. Undercover Agent 60% 1d100 = 87Fail
Surveillance 58% 1d100 = 95Fail
Detect Ambush 58% 1d100 = 25Success
Detect Concealment 43% 1d100 = 64 Fail
Undercover Ops 73% 1d100 = 77Fail



James moves at a normal pace through the streets, he doesn't rush but he definitely walks with a purpose. A bunch of thoughts spring into his head once he sees the tail, Are you fucking kidding me? You don't just tail a professional, this fucker has no idea who he is dealing with. There is no way I can let this amateur shit fly. James works to keep his gait and body language the same once he notices the silhouette. Based on where he saw the tail, James moves in a direction that would obscure the line of site between him and his tail. Once he is in a position he believes his new friend won't be able to see him, James will quickly change his path to throw off his pursuer. He then finds a spot to hide, even if its a dumpster or pile of garbage, that will give him a good view of both the street and rooftops along his original path. He will keep his ear on the radio waves and pull out a video bug in case he gets a view of his pursuer. While he waits to see if he can get a look at this new player, his typical negative outlook creeps into his thoughts. There is no way these fucking bikers get a person up on a roof that fast. This could be the Coalition coming after me. I never should have taken Jez's tracking device. I just don't trust someone else's tech being used to light me up like a fucking beacon.

James keeps his eyes peeled and stays patient and vigilant, not moving a muscle for any reason. He will sacrifice meeting up with the others if he can get a look at who this enemy might be. If he is successful in drawing them out, he will point the video bug in a way that will allow him to record the individual. He will also make a mental note of everything he can see about the person.

If the tail doesn't show itself, James will stay where he is fully intending to win this waiting game.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Tue May 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 92

Townsend wrote:The Distracting Trio
Jez, Fiona and Nuriel make it outside just in time to see a pair of Horsemen zip down the street past them. Jez shows the trio what an ‘Arismal Full Moon’ looks like with Nuriel doing her best to sell the act. Two of the three bikers barely give her a glance, but the third gives a solid wolf whistle and stares longingly in her direction.

Fiona takes advantage of the distraction and tries to mentally commandeer one of their bikes, but unfortunately it’s just out of her limited range. However, the Horseman lets his companion continue moving south and instead swings around back to where Jez is… well, if she was a half-crazed former teen actress and pop star making an appearance at a quasi-relevant awards show, she’d be doing what the kids call ‘twerking.’ But as she’s not, the Horseman manages a smile that’s somewhere between marginally charismatic and downright sleazy.

“Howdy, ladies…” the Horseman leers, not even bothering to pretend he’s not staring at their womanly curves. “Couldn’t help but notice ya lost something down there. Me an’ my friends, we’ve lost something too… an’ could use some… help… from some lovely gals like yourselves.” It shouldn’t take a scholar to figure out what kind of ‘help’ he’s really after, of course. “Any of you see a black and red Northern Gun Turbo hovercycle pass by just now with a guy an’ a gal on it? The rightful owner would like to have it back…and would be willing to lay out a little, eh, finder’s fee for it.”

Jez rights herself and gets herself in proper order as the lone Horseman detaches from his peers. So, you're the weak one to be culled from the flock, eh? Jez stays in character, slinking up to the Horseman on his hovercycle. Assuming he's at ground level, she'll feign interest first in his bike, then in him. "Wow, what a sweet ride! Gosh, I bet this beats walking everywhere!" She runs her fingers appraisingly over the surface of the front jet's fender.
Nuriel wrote:"While the offer is kind, we've been busy looking away to see anything of value to you."

Jez calls back to Nuriel. "No! Those jerks zipping by is what caused me to start so."

Jez returns her attention to the Horseman, and now to the rider instead of his bike. "What kind of 'finder's fee' you thinking about, handsome?" She lets her hand rest over one of his own. Her bare fingers making little swirls on his skin.

Charm/Impress: 60% / 1d100 = 45

Jez flashes the Horseman a mischievous smile as she runs her hand down to his crotch. As soon as his partner's well and truly out of sight, her smile widens, as her indelicately placed hand begins to glow.

Contingency:
Should the Horseman decide to try and get rough or uncooperative, Jez will unleash a bit of her power into his crotch.
(-50 P.T.P. = -50 S.D.C.)

Contingency:
If the Horseman should not be quite the slave to his passions as he seems to be, and will not allow Jez to touch him, she'll drop the pretense instantly and punch him in the face with one glowing fist.
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7
Punch: 1d20+6 = 12 Damage: 1d4+52 = 55 (-50 P.T.P. = -50 S.D.C.)

Contingency:
Should the Horseman be compliant under Jez's threat of duress, she'll keep smiling while asking Nuriel and Fiona to approach and relieve 'this gentleman' of his ride.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Fri May 12, 2017 8:32 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 12
Conditions: None.

Fiona is a little miffed that her plan wasn't good enough. Damn limitations to my power. When the Horseman rides up and begins opening his mouth Fiona quietly scowls "Ugh!" The Horsemen are scum. Fiona thinks her face pretty much telling the same story. Fiona watches Jezebel work, and at first is surprised, but then realizes there is more to the alien then meets the eye. Fiona isn't sure how the situation is going to turn, so she prepares for the worst.

Contingency One
If the thug doesn't cooperate, Fiona will use her Telekinesis power to strip his weapons from him. Flinging them in random directions.

Initiative: 1d20 = 18
Action One: TK (Super) (20 I.S.P. for 200 lbs.) (Strike: 1d20+3 = 11/ Damage: None.)

Contingency Two
The Thug cooperates. Fiona hands Nuriel her keys. "I'll meet up with you guys later." As She makes for the Horseman's bike. Fiona activates her innate Telemechanics ability and starts the bike up and drives off. (Telemechanics 0 I.S.P.; 1d100 = 86/91%) Fiona drives the bike to Boosters, offering it for a reasonable price (i.e. 50% cost) and a ride back to One Eyed Jacks.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Sat May 13, 2017 8:56 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:32 PM (approximately 2 hours 12 minutes since sunset)
38 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)



Kat-in-the-box:

Preferring to go out fighting rather than be subjected to the “tender mercies” of Mephisto’s Horsemen, Kat readies her hardware and waits for the biker to pass by. She waits until the sound of the hovercraft’s engine gets to its loudest and jumps up from her hiding place like a kid’s toy when it’s been cranked all the way.

Just as she does, the biker whips his head around and starts to bring his pistol to bear -- whether it’s because she makes just enough noise to get his attention or if he was somehow warned is anybody’s guess -- but all he manages to accomplish is a glimpse of his impending doom as Kat’s blasts strike her target with unnatural accuracy. His eyes go wide just before they along with the rest of his facial features melt into a gooey slurry of organic material splattering along the ground and wall behind him.

The force of the shots knock his head (or at least what’s left of it) backwards with his now-lifeless body following suit and slumping off the opposite side of the hovercycle. As for the hovercycle, it continues on without its dearly departed driver for a ways down the street until it veers to one side and crashes headlong into a tenement building. Fortunately it wasn’t going very fast at the time so the collateral damage to the building is relatively minor.

((OOC: Kat -- you’re down 3 shots on your revolver))


James and the Giant Peach-but-not-really-a-peach-because-that-would-just-be-awkward:

James’ new friend makes him work for it, keeping pace surprisingly easy given the irregular terrain of the rooftops in this part of the Warrens at night. The shadowy figure moves with a strength and grace that aren’t normally seen in a regular run-of-the-mill biker thug. Eventually, however, James does manage to lose his pursuer just long enough to dive into a dumpster and get situated so he can survey the roofline without being easily spotted in return.

It doesn’t take long for the impromptu stakeout to bear shadowy fruit. The silhouette comes into view and stops, looking around and trying to regain sight of his quarry. After the longest few minutes James can comfortably remember his enhanced hearing can pick up the figure muttering in frustration.

“sunuvabitch, he got away. Perp must’ve seen me. Hope Sissy has better luck trackin’ down the girl.”

The figure slowly moves away from the rooftop edge and back in the general direction of where they came from.


Analoy who isn’t back at the casino just yet:

Analoy passes a few bums on her walk back to the casino. A couple raise up slightly as if to ask her for… well, just about anything she could spare… but they know all too well the look of someone who’s not going to interact with anyone she doesn’t absolutely have to. Most barely give her more than a cursory glance as she passes by.

However, a strange sound gets her attention. Almost like the sound of a boot hitting a piece of metal. Above and behind her. She turns around to see if anyone’s following her but sees nothing but a framework of scaffolding along the side of a building.

She turns back around and picks up her pace slightly, but she hasn’t gone more than a block when she hears a voice from down a darkened alleyway off to the side.

“Pretty ballsy there, squishy. Boosting the Horsemen is playing with fire even at the best of times. But boosting their number two goon? You’re either big on guts or short on brains. Maybe a little of both.”

From out of the alley casually walks a woman in a red ninja-style outfit. As the outfit includes a hood and a mask, Analoy isn’t able to make out much more than her gender and the fact that she’s more muscular than a normal woman.

“The burning question, of course, is why? You don’t look like a Booster Boy and you didn’t take it to a chop shop, so this wasn’t a paying gig. Trying to make a name in this town? Or you just in a mood to rattle their cage?”


Three gals and a sleezeball biker:

The biker (a heavily-tattooed ogre, from the looks of him) frowns slightly as Nuriel none-too-delicately rebuffs him. “Awww, now that’s too bad sugar. You can look my way anytime though.”

However, his sleezy smile returns (and impossibly, gets even sleezier) as Jez slinks up to his bike (same make and model as hers, only looks to be electric powered and without the missile pods). “Oh yeah, the Hornet’s a real man’s ride, sweet thang. Play your cards right and I might take you for a ride.”

As Jez continues to lay on the charm he shrugs. “Ackbar, he’d probably want to pay in creds or maybe some hardware. You’d have to ask him about that. Me, I’m known from here to Char for my famous body massages…”

His expression changes and he gasps as she runs her hands down towards his crotch. Only problem is, the gasp doesn’t seem to be one of ecstasy but rather of alarm. “Waitaminnit, somethin’ ain’t right here…” He looks in Jez’s eyes and puts two and two together.

“Oh HELL no you don’t -- get off’a me!!!” he shouts as he tries to knock Jez’s hand away.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 14
Parry: 1d20+5 = 16

The ogre pulls out a neural mace and raises it up to lay a hit on Jez, but unfortunately for him Fiona is one step ahead of him. The mace flies out from his hand and lands close to her feet.

((Ladies, combat is now joined. Please make your posts for next round combat posts.))



Nutshell recap:
- Kat has killed the Horseman who was looking for her. Said horseman's bike has just crashed into a building.
- James appears to have successfully shaken his shadowy tail.
- Analoy appears to have not been as successful in shaking her tail and is the star of her own little quiz show.
- Jez/Fiona/Nuriel are facing an ogre who has just been disarmed of his mace but who is still atop his bike.

What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

Kat clambers out of her hiding box, takes a brief look around to see if anyone is paying her any mind. Kat being Kat, she opens her mouth even if nobody's listening. "What was that you were sayin', bitch? Gonna wish you killed me quick, hunh? Lucky you, I killed you quick."

Then the City Rat holsters her sidearm, kicks the corpse once for good measure, and pats down the dead biker. Kat takes anything that may be valuable, and then the City Rat uses the vibro-knife to cut the Horseman's cut* off of him. Then Kat leaves a short but clear message on the ground next to the body, written in his blood. Then Kat wipes her bloody finger off on the corpse's pants.

Note In Blood wrote:For the Swap Meet


With her prizes in hand, Kat walks out of the alleyway, pulling the last round out of her one NE-6SL and filling it with a speed loader. Kat begins singing a (very poor quality) rendition of The Future's so Bright I Gotta Wear Shades'.

Not hearing the sounds of a wreck by One-Eyed Jacks, Kat's heading back that way but at a brisk walking pace, not a run.

*His vest with the Horseman gang symbols on it.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 14, 2017 6:26 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 19

Jez's smile vanishes. Her red eyes flare in heat. "Had to take the hard path to travel, huh? Fine." Jez slaps the Hornet's kill switch then proceeds to work past the guy's defenses to land a powered punch (-50 PTP), followed by unpowered kicks and punches sufficient to cow or subdue him. This dumbass brute is gonna get himself killed trying to fight me if I'm not careful. As he attempts to defend himself, she says through her gritting teeth, "I'm trying real hard not to turn you into hamburger, asshole."

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
Non-Combat Action: Slap the kill switch on the Hornet/yank the keys out.
Action 1: Punch: 1d20+6 = 17
Action 2: Punch: 1d20+6 = 13
Action 3: Punch: 1d20+6 = 12
Action 4: Punch: 1d20+6 = 12
Action 5: Punch: 1d20+6 = 10
Action 6: Punch: 1d20+6 = 8
Action 7: Punch: 1d20+6 = 9
Action 8: Punch: 1d20+6 = 8
Action 9: Punch: 1d20+6 = 10

Powered Punch Damage (on first successful strike): 1d4+52 = 54
Normal punches damage: 1d4+2 = 5, 1d4+2 = 5, 1d4+2 = 5, 1d4+2 = 5, 1d4+2 = 3, 1d4+2 = 6, 1d4+2 = 4, 1d4+2 = 5

Parries (+10 bonus already added): 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 26

Intentions: To land a devastating first blow, then to be followed by a beating. Jez does not intend to kill the Ogre, just to subdue him. Once he looks beaten to a pulp (down to low H.P.) she'll try to cow or subdue him.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Sun May 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 9

Detect Ambush 60%=1d100 = 5
Charm/Impress: 20%=1d100 = 42 (to convey her sincerity)

Conditions: (Darkness Powers) (40) - 8/20 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

“Pretty ballsy there, squishy. Boosting the Horsemen is playing with fire even at the best of times. But boosting their number two goon? You’re either big on guts or short on brains. Maybe a little of both.”


Analoy stops and looks down the dark alley that the voice comes from. Squishy, okay I'll let they slide. It'll be a nice surprise for her if this goes sideways... well, anymore sideways than it already is. Her brows furrow, and then she smiles as she says with almost a chuckle, "Yeah, likely a little of both. But mostly I think I've underestimated the people of this city. Plus I'm too ignorant about the politics here. I need to change that, probably sooner rather than later."

“The burning question, of course, is why? You don’t look like a Booster Boy and you didn’t take it to a chop shop, so this wasn’t a paying gig. Trying to make a name in this town? Or you just in a mood to rattle their cage?”


When the red ninja emerges from the alley, Analoy is almost happy to see that it isn't one of Mephisto's T-man bikers, almost. She plays along for now. If this woman were going to turn her in they wouldn't be chatting, "It wasn't really any of those things. Just a job interview. A test of skills. Though I'm starting to think that my future boss may have something against the Horsemen. Hard to say at this point."

Analoy motions with her hands as she talks but doesn't make any move to go for her weapons. She stomps her feet a little as she tries to warm up and gives the other woman a 'what can you do' kind of expression, "I wasn't ready for the climate change when I came to town today." She gives a little shrug, "The real question here, at least from my perspective is, are you going to call the Horsemen down on me? Because I'd really just like to get back to the casino and get warmed up." Analoy tries not to give too much information away on the women she just met less than an hour ago, though she really doesn't have any loyalty to them yet. Maybe this ninja woman will offer me a job. She seems to know what's what here and has info on the horseman that I could report to Master K'Sarlex.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Mon May 15, 2017 5:30 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10+3
JiC: 1d20 = 8//1d100 = 51
Intelligence: 1d100 = 36/51%

Nuriel frowns at the Ogre's choice of paths it took and will lock the Ogre in a trance hoping to force it to obey her (Standard DC). If the ogre falls under her trance, she will utter "Get Off." to the Ogre, speaking of the hoverbike it is currently on. Of course now is when I left Ally at home. she scowls to herself unsure of how discrete they are trying to be she refrains from using more powerful magic until absolutely necessary.

Initiative: 1d20 = 10
APM: 4

Actions 1-4: Casting Trance on the ogre to force him to stand down and get off the bike. Subject is under trance for 15 minutes and will remain under trance even if being attacked, it will not attack back.
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Perception:1d20+8 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 67

Prowl 73%|1d100 = 35, Prowl 73%|1d100 = 90, Prowl 73%|1d100 = 27,
Intelligence 62%|1d100 = 100, Intelligence 62%|1d100 = 51, Intelligence 62%|1d100 = 32,
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 60, I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 17, I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 15,
Surveillance 58%|1d100 = 27, Surveillance 58%|1d100 = 23, Surveillance 58%|1d100 = 78,
Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 82, Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 55, Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 71,
Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 49, Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 44, Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 52,
Undercover Ops 73%|1d100 = 57, Undercover Ops 73%|1d100 = 75, Undercover Ops 73%|1d100 = 92,

Conditions: Infrared and thermal emissions are masked, only 21% chance to be detected by such devices, +5% to Prowl, -20% for others to detect.


James' mind wanders as he has to work much harder than he thought he would to outsmart his tail. This is clearly not some dumb thug chasing me. Whomever it is has some skill. Probably is the fucking Coalition.

After a failed attempt to lose his pursuer, James feels something that he hadn't in a long time and a smile breaks across his face, This is the life, it's been too long. Skill against skill with death on the line, there can't be any drug as amazing as this. The spy falls into a familiar routine working against his opponent and is finally rewarded with success. He positions the camera to pickup the silhouette as it comes into view and James gathers as much intel from the individual as possible.

Once his tail is gone James waits a long five minutes to make sure he or she is gone. Just as he is about to remove himself from his concealment, he gets a feeling in his gut. I am out of practice. Did I really avoid this fucker or is he just goading me? James takes another five minutes and replays his moves back in his head and comes to the conclusion that they were not the smoothest he had made. Fuck, I may have to do this again. Getting out of the bin, James makes a show of looking all around the area as if he had just won a game of hide and go seek. Lifting the visor of his armor he says in a voice loud enough for someone with amplified hearing to pick up, "Haha. Fuck off buddy, I'm too good for you." The spy will then head off in a direct route completely away from One Eyed Jacks.

Contingency One:
James will start up the same game he just finished playing, this time more carefully. He will make an attempt to identify a trail and then try and lose it for long enough to set up surveillance. If his attempts don't feel right he will bail on them and try again. He will keep this up all night until he is confident the tail has given up or that he has actually beaten him.

Contingency Two:
James will start up the same game he just finished playing, this time more carefully. He will make an attempt to identify a trail. If he can't identify the tail, he will move between late night establishments for an hour, all the while guaranteeing he is not being followed. At that point, he will return to One Eyed Jacks.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 72
Conditions: TK (Super) (200 lbs, 5:45 Minutes)

Initiative: 1d20 = 7
Number of Attacks: 4

Action One: Use TK to grab nearby garbage can.
Action Two: Hit Ogre with TK Trashcan. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 14/Damage: 3d6 = 4 S.D.C. (Assuming it weighs less then 26 lbs, add +1d6 if it weighs more)
Action Three: Continue hitting the Ogre with TK Trashcan. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 9/Damage: 3d6 = 10 S.D.C. (Assuming it weighs less then 26 lbs, add +1d6 if it weighs more)
Action Four: Continue hitting the Ogre with TK Trashcan. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 12/Damage: 3d6 = 11 S.D.C. (Assuming it weighs less then 26 lbs, add +1d6 if it weighs more)

Parries as Needed (W/TK): 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 6.
Dodges as needed: 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 21, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 17.

Fiona feels a bit at a loss for words, when the chaos erupts. Once the Ogre's Neural Mace goes flying, Fiona grabs the next best thing to fight with a trashcan. Fiona proceeds to beat on the ogre with the improvised weapon using only her mind to guide it. Trash deserves trash. Fiona thinks, as her relative hatred for Mephisto's Horsemen comes boiling to the surface.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:32 PM (approximately 2 hours 12 minutes since sunset)
38 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)



Kat got your tongue? And the rest of your head too?

As far as Kat can tell, there is nobody else in the alley to witness the gruesome demise of the Horseman. Not surprisingly, she also gets no response from the dearly departed (mainly because his head is no longer available for comment), even when she kicks him one time for good measure. In fact, the only response she gets is the flicker of motion as a couple of roaches scurry away from underneath a bit of garbage that the corpse upsets as it comes to rest again.

Along with the Horseman’s vest -- which is incorporated into his set of Huntsman body armor -- Kat’s looting his corpse nets her: a vibro-knife, an extra clip for the NG-45LP, wallet (of course it’s on a chain) with a secured card and a non-secured card as well as a few business cards from various establishments around the city, a well-worn folded-up menu from First Edition Bookstore, a pen and permanent marker, and a pair of sunglasses.


Analoy and the ‘Great Ninja Quiz Show’

The red ninja laughs at Analoy’s replies. “Yeah, between your marks and your Daisy Dukes I’d say you’ve ‘underestimated’ quite a bit tonight, squishy…” she casually leans up against a brick wall, her body language indicating a relaxed posture but with just enough tension below the surface to give the impression that it could change in a heartbeat. “But whatevs, you made me laugh so I’m feeling charitable. Mephisto’s Horsemen is one of the most dangerous gangs in all of MercTown. So much so that even calling them a ‘gang’ is like calling a shark an ‘itty bitty fishy’ -- it just doesn’t do it justice. So if your ‘potential new boss’ is targeting them on purpose, you better hope he or she knows what to do when it all hits the fan. Because The Horsemen don’t take too well to being targeted, squishy. Trust me on that one.”

Analoy can’t be sure, but she thinks she can sense the ninja’s eyes narrowing slightly. “I could turn you in, I suppose. The Horsemen would be very interested in knowing about you, I'm sure. Maybe they'd pay very well. Maybe they'd owe me a favor or two. Maybe I should save you for myself just in case my big brother gets a different story from your boyfriend. Maybe I haven’t made up my mind yet. But while I’m making up my mind, maybe you can tell me who your ‘potential new boss’ is and why your ‘interview’ involves Grand Theft Hovercycle?”


James, and how ‘hide and go seek’ became an Olympic event

James sits alone in his dumpster with nothing but his thoughts and the cockroaches for company (too bad they’re lousy at light conversation) as his mind counts out the long five minutes in silence. And then another five minutes before peering out of his trashy hiding place and declaring victory with a low-volume taunt. If he is expecting a response, he doesn’t get one. At least not right away. By all his reckoning he’s successfully thrown off his tail.

Not long after setting out again on his way back to the rendezvous he hears a shuffling coming down the sidewalk. About 15 seconds later James can make out another shape staggering along. It appears to be a human, and a male, but aside from that it bears little semblance to the one that had been tracking him. His enhanced hearing can pick up a muttering under the man’s breath (he’s apparently irritated with being kicked out of somewhere for being too drunk and he’s not drunk because he can hold his damn liquor and he needed the booze for antifreeze because the streets are gonna be cold enough tonight as it is…). As James gets a whiff from being downwind of the guy, he’s thankful he doesn’t have a cybernetically enhanced sense of smell too.



Hijinks among the high rollers

Jez attempts to get the drop on the ogre -- literally -- by hitting the kill switch on the Hornet, but her hand is slapped away at the last second ((OOC: used your JIC roll for the strike)). The ogre in return attempts to rake his massive claws across Jez’s face, but her ability to parry is even more impressive as she knocks his arm out of the way as well. Nuriel gets in close -- uncomfortably so -- and attempts to put the ogre under a magical trance. For a split-second the spell seems to be working, but the ogre manages to shrug off the effects. He is so focused on shaking off Nuriel’s spell however that he doesn’t see the garbage can flying in from nowhere and whacking him upside his large brutish noggin. It doesn’t do appreciable damage, but it distracts him just enough for Jez to sneak in her powered punch. As with the blow from the garbage can, it doesn’t do much damage other than singe his armor (he’s wearing a massive suit of Urban Warrior minus the helmet), but the blunt kinetic force is enough to knock him off the side of his bike and he tumbles to the pavement below.

Head first.

There’s an audible crunching noise (or is it more of a snap?) as the ogre’s head his the concrete and he collapses in a heap. Those closest to him think they can hear a soft groan, but outside of that there’s no indication the ogre is still alive as he’s not moving.

Neither is the bike, for that matter. As the ogre falls off, Jez spots a cord connected to his belt that yanks out a secondary key from the bike (a dead man’s switch, perhaps appropriately) which causes it to shut off and sink gently to the ground.




What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Jezebel » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am

Townsend wrote:Hijinks among the high rollers

Jez attempts to get the drop on the ogre -- literally -- by hitting the kill switch on the Hornet, but her hand is slapped away at the last second ((OOC: used your JIC roll for the strike)). The ogre in return attempts to rake his massive claws across Jez’s face, but her ability to parry is even more impressive as she knocks his arm out of the way as well. Nuriel gets in close -- uncomfortably so -- and attempts to put the ogre under a magical trance. For a split-second the spell seems to be working, but the ogre manages to shrug off the effects. He is so focused on shaking off Nuriel’s spell however that he doesn’t see the garbage can flying in from nowhere and whacking him upside his large brutish noggin. It doesn’t do appreciable damage, but it distracts him just enough for Jez to sneak in her powered punch. As with the blow from the garbage can, it doesn’t do much damage other than singe his armor (he’s wearing a massive suit of Urban Warrior minus the helmet), but the blunt kinetic force is enough to knock him off the side of his bike and he tumbles to the pavement below.

Head first.

There’s an audible crunching noise (or is it more of a snap?) as the ogre’s head his the concrete and he collapses in a heap. Those closest to him think they can hear a soft groan, but outside of that there’s no indication the ogre is still alive as he’s not moving.

Neither is the bike, for that matter. As the ogre falls off, Jez spots a cord connected to his belt that yanks out a secondary key from the bike (a dead man’s switch, perhaps appropriately) which causes it to shut off and sink gently to the ground.


Perception: 1d20+9 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 42

"Fiona, I already own a Hornet. Don't want a second. Can you drive this? I think your flying garbage pail earned you this. Then again, maybe Nuriel could use it, and we can get you something more fitting to your skills like a flat-bed hover truck or something. Whatever you prefer is fine with me, ladies. Work it out amongst yourselves. But first thing's first, let's get rid of this mook, and maybe strip him out of his armor. If one of you wouldn't mind getting under the other side of him, we can 'walk' our drunk friend into an alley to dispose of him while the other one of you grab his dead-man's cord and drive your new ride to someplace out of the way."

Stinking bastard, that's what you get for trying to play rough. Jez tries to take his pulse at his neck (First Aid ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 61) to see if he's still in the land of the living, then gets under one of his armpits and hauls him to his feet while gesturing to either Fiona or Nuriel to get under the other. She'll then walk the Ogre into a nearby, dark alley while carrying on a fabricated discussion with their "drunk friend" in order to deter the curiosity of any onlooker. (Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 13; best guess for applicable skill)

Contingency:
If the ogre wakes up, she'll stick the "Gambler" that's in her purse up under his chin and whisper to him. "Shut that sewage pipe of yours unless you want your brain painted all over the Warrens."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Kat Porter » Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14
JIC d100: 1d100 = 34

Looking over the stuff as Kat stuffs in a nasty trash bag
Appraise Goods 68%: 1d100 = 92

Save vs. Ikkiness
Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 1d20 = 15

Not quite expecting a suit of body armor, Kat weighs the option of cutting the gang symbol off the armor or hauling off just the torso portion. The City Rat ends up emptying a trash bag from the dumpster to carry everything off. The first bag will be the winner, regardless of the general ikkiness of the previous contents. Kat shoves all her lootings into the trash bag except the sunglasses and departs the alley quickly.

What sort of self respecting gang member doesn't have a pack of fucking smokes? Or some drugs? Seriously... These Horsemen are odd ducks. Kat's thoughts go off on a tangent. And I just cleaned this armor too. The City Rat resists the sudden urge to go back and kick the corpse one last time for the time wasted cleaning up from the road. But instead Kat progresses toward One-Eyed Jack's.

Should Kat approach the scene with the other GIRLS and the ogre, she will smile and say "Good, ya'll got one, too." with a put on western accent.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Analoy » Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 13

Land Navigation 52%=1d100 = 69 (to find my way back to One Eye'd Jacks)
Sense of Balance 67%=1d100 = 60 (to stay on feet after long jump)

Conditions:
- (Darkness Powers) (40) - 8/20 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
- (Heart with Tiny Wings) Run at Superhuman Speed - 120 min duration, 70mph, Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge

Standing still and talking to the masked woman isn't helping Analoy stay warm. So she starts rubbing her hands up and down her arms, to try and warm herself. Ever so casually, she presses the Heart with Tiny Wings tattoo. I could play this off like I was in Atlantis. Lowly slave talking to the minion of some Lord but aside from a threat of violence, this woman doesn't really hold any power over me or my Master. Then she starts to answer some more questions, kind of. "I don't really know the reason." Analoy shrugs, "Tactical. Emotional. I couldn't really say. Hell, maybe they just wanted to make sure I wasn't one of the Horsemen."

Analoy smiles, then says, "Well." But that's all she gets out before she takes off at a super fast run. On her second step she goes ahead and wraps herself in a Cloak of Darkness. Turning north at the next intersection, Analoy attempts to loose the red ninja woman as she speeds up the street, taking turns wherever she can as she zigzags her way back toward One-Eyed Jacks. I might be able to loose her but I'm not going to take any chances. Using the Cloak of Darkness and Shadow Meld, Analoy blends in to any of the shadows she's passing through.

If she gets to a street where there's too much cross traffic, Analoy will use her running start and simply leap over the intersection.

If needed:
Dodge: 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 14
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13+3=16
JiC: 1d20 = 4 // 1d100 = 90

Jez wrote:"Fiona, I already own a Hornet. Don't want a second. Can you drive this? I think your flying garbage pail earned you this. Then again, maybe Nuriel could use it, and we can get you something more fitting to your skills like a flat-bed hover truck or something. Whatever you prefer is fine with me, ladies. Work it out amongst yourselves. But first thing's first, let's get rid of this mook, and maybe strip him out of his armor. If one of you wouldn't mind getting under the other side of him, we can 'walk' our drunk friend into an alley to dispose of him while the other one of you grab his dead-man's cord and drive your new ride to someplace out of the way."


Nuriel does an audible "Hmph" As Jez rakes the secondary key and turns to her and Fiona and nods. "I've been stuck in the Mystic Quarter so long I've had no need for a vehicle but I wouldn't mind learning how to use thing bucket of bolts. That said, I can easily help move him as I do not know how to properly pilot this thing." Nuriel will go grab his other side and place the large hulking arm over her shoulder with a scowl and will walk with Jez, chastising him for getting so drunk and calling him a featherweight while trying to deter any onlookers, helping Jez get him into the alley. (Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 29/60%)

Once in the alley, she will attempt to spot the best place to drop the smelly ogre without being too conspicuous (Intelligence: 1d100 = 28/51% // Prowl: 1d100 = 26/43%).

Contingency:
If the ogre is in fact not dead and awakens prematurely she will take advantage of his weakened state and attempt to place him in another trance. "I'd do as she says." Is all the Shifter will say (Intimidate: 1d100 = 62/60%)
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby James Miller » Thu May 25, 2017 9:55 am

Perception:1d20+8 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 28

Prowl 73%|1d100 = 59
Intelligence 62%|1d100 = 13
Surveillance 58%|1d100 = 81
Detect Ambush 58%|1d100 = 44
Detect Concealment 43%|1d100 = 42
Undercover Ops 73%|1d100 = 54
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 70
I.D. Undercover Agent 60%|1d100 = 5

Conditions: Infrared and thermal emissions are masked, only 21% chance to be detected by such devices, +5% to Prowl, -20% for others to detect.

James is a little perturbed that he wasted so much time backtracking and attempting to find this tail, Goddamn son of a bitch! What a waste of fucking time. I was sure I had botched that little ambush. His mood improves as he starts toward One Eyed Jacks when he realizes the skills are still there and he had, in fact, ditched the tail and recorded some video of his pursuer. I'll have to take a little look at that video when I get somewhere safe.

His training refuses to allow him to let down his guard and he continues moving in a nonchalant manner outwardly but keeping his senses tuned for any threats, (Prowl, Surveillance, Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, Undercover Ops, I.D. Undercover Agent). When he stumbles upon the drunk in the street James gives him a lot of attention to make sure he is not trying to conceal who he is, (I.D. Undercover Agent) [i] Ya, I've played the stumbling drunk before too.[i] If he is satisfied that the man is nothing more than what he appears James will carry on his original path.

Contingency:
If he gets a bad feeling or spots something about the man he will walk directly up to him and engage a conversation, "Hey buddy, where is the nearest bar?" While walking to the man he will take out the video bug and record as much of his face as he can. After the exchange is over, James willl take, yet another, indirect route seeing if the drunk appears in his path again.
James
Ledger
Conditions
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill

Image
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Fiona » Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 95
Conditions: Telekinesis (Super) (200 lbs, Duration: 5:30)

Jezebel wrote:"Fiona, I already own a Hornet. Don't want a second. Can you drive this? I think your flying garbage pail earned you this. Then again, maybe Nuriel could use it, and we can get you something more fitting to your skills like a flat-bed hover truck or something. Whatever you prefer is fine with me, ladies. Work it out amongst yourselves. But first thing's first, let's get rid of this mook, and maybe strip him out of his armor. If one of you wouldn't mind getting under the other side of him, we can 'walk' our drunk friend into an alley to dispose of him while the other one of you grab his dead-man's cord and drive your new ride to someplace out of the way."


Fiona listens to Jez for a moment before helping her move the ogre. "I really don't have a need or a want for a hover cycle to be honest. I prefer wheeled vehicles. If Nuriel want's it she can have it, if not, I know some guys who'll buy it no questions asked, likely at a premium. As for this schmuck's gear... we'll probably have to hose it off first." Fiona thinks for a moment. "Hey Nuriel see if you can find the Neural Mace I ripped out of his hands. Those are pretty handy." Fiona says as she shoulders the heavy and likely dead ogre. "Sweet Saint of Combustion he stinks worse dead then alive, and he wasn't to fresh alive." Fiona exclaims.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Townsend » Tue May 30, 2017 2:10 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Monday, February 3rd, 111 PA
Roughly 7:33-7:40 PM (approximately 2 hours 13-20 minutes since sunset)
36 degrees F (high was 46, projected low of 27)



What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor (or Crippled Ogre)...

Jez's checks for signs of life bear fruit. The ogre has a pulse and appears to still be breathing, but in all other ways he's totally unresponsive. As she and the others hoist him up it becomes apparent to Jez's practiced eye that his head may be moving around more than it should be. It would take a doctor to be certain (or at least someone with First Aid with more concern for his well-being), but it's possible he's suffered a cervical fracture of some sort.

It takes all three to 'walk' the ogre to an alley a block or so away. Although there are plenty of witnesses as they depart, none seem to challenge their fabricated conversation with their limp baggage (though Jez could swear that a few are staring a bit too long for comfort). After a few minutes of surveying the grimy back alleys of the Warrens for a place to deposit him, Nuriel spots a suitable darkened cubbyhole behind some large equipment beside a maintenance door at the bottom of a stairwell. He's wearing a suit of Urban Warrior armor over a predictably seedy-looking set of biker clothing. A search of his pockets include some keys, an unsecured card, a couple packs of cigarettes (one unopened, one about half full), a lighter, a pen/address book, a combat knife, and an unopened pair of condoms.

((OOC: Any attempts to do what Kat did and find a somewhat non-scuzzy bag suitable to haul all the loot from his body should be accompanied by a save vs non-lethal poison to keep from gagging over the smell/texture/whatever-you-want-to-imagine...))

After the appropriate amounts of looting take place, the three ladies return to the entrance of the casino where the hovercycle has garnered the attention of a couple of bystanders. As they approach the bike, Fiona's sharp eye spots some sort of component attached that doesn't appear to be 'standard equipment.' What it may be, however, she can't tell right off the bat at a distance.



Analoy and the Great Ninja Foot Race...

Analoy waits for her chance to take flight, trusting in her tattoo-enhanced speed to get her out of trouble. As she takes off she could swear she hears the ninja laugh behind her. "Keep your nose clean, kiddo, or else you'll feel the Terror..." She's already gone by the time the Maxi-Woman risks a backwards glance.

Keeping to the shadows, she's able to avoid most other contact with individuals on her route back to the casino. As she arrives she sees Jez, Nuriel and Fiona coming back from a different direction and walking towards another hovercycle with similar markings that's just sitting there on the sidewalk.


Kat's Left Holding the Bag...

The walk back is uneventful for Kat as she moseys along with a garbage bag filled with body armor (and the residue from some other less-savory items that previously inhabited said bag). When she arrives at the casino she sees another Horsemen's hovercycle sitting by itself on the sidewalk with a couple of onlookers milling about and Jez, Nuriel and Fiona approaching from a different direction.


James, Olympic Hide-and-Seek Champion...

James continues his covert surveillance on the staggering drunk, but the drink seems far more focused on finding a secluded spot in which to unload his earlier alcoholic intake. As he stumbles along, however, the need for a 'secluded' spot loses its importance and he eventually settles for someplace barely off the street itself.

The way back to the casino passes uneventfully as James winds his way around to avoid giving a hint of his destination. As he approaches the rendezvous point, however, he sees another hovercycle with Horsemen's colors sitting on the sidewalk outside (looks like one of the ones parked alongside the 'bait bike' and the one they wound up stealing). A couple of bystanders are standing near it, Jez/Nuriel/Fiona appear to be walking towards it from one direction, Analoy is coming in towards the casino from another direction, and Kat is coming up from yet another direction.


What are you doing?

((OOC: Okay, so I had these plans for a bit more involved stuff going on but as we're up against the end of the quad I'd kinda like to get the group back together and on to the next steps. So consider this a mini-update of sorts and we'll get the next GM post up before the weekend is out.))
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: One-Eyed Jacks (178)

Postby Nuriel » Tue May 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19+3=22
JiC: 1d100 = 79//1d20 = 8
Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 1d20 = 10+4=14

Nuriel motions to the cubby-hole and the lot toss him inside. "I'll search the smelly behemoth." Nuriel adds with a bit of a scowl and will hold her breathe and search. She places each item off to the side for Jez and Fiona to glance through and makes an audible groan when she finds the condom pack; she'll show the other girls and snicker "Extra - Small." Before tossing it to the side, regardless of what it actually said.

When they are done, she will wipe off her hands on the cleanest bit of his jacket and stand up, looking to the other two she shrugs. What a disgusting man she thinks looking back at the disabled ogre. She gathers up the valuables and will put them in to her satchel for later look-through and goes back to the entrance with the other two. She glances at Jezebel and states "Did we have another rendezvous point, what if they can track the location of their allies, it would lead them too us. Or if he wakes up." Nuriel will suggest in a hushed tone but ultimately will not argue if they stay; she has been most impressed with everyone thus far. (Intelligence: 1d100 = 5/51%)
Nuriel
Character Details
Active Conditions; Sixth Sense (2)
H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C: 76/76 | P.P.E.: 208/208 | I.S.P.: 36/36
Mage Armor; Main Body: 50/50 | LL: 30/30 | RL: 30/30 | LA: 15/15 | RA: 15/15 | Hood: 20/20


Other Characters: Echo, the Assassin
User avatar
Nuriel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Next

Return to The Warrens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests