TGE Emporium

The Novoo is where people come from all around to get their hands on TGE products, contract shipping and warehousing interests, and dodge sanitation scows en route to clean up Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

TGE Emporium

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm

The largest campus on Grymdin is home to a TGE superstore. TGE is the largest corporation in the galaxy. Every imaginable consumer good is available here at TGE's reliably competitive prices and, of course, backed by TGE's award-winning customer service and contract enforcers!

Upon entering the Emporium, any Arismal will find themselves greeted by a holographic projection which resembles an attractive Arismal woman garbed in form-fitting but tasteful casual attire who greets them and informs them that her name is Sara, and she is here to assist them.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: TGE Emporium

Postby Cairo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 10
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

Conditions: None

Navigation [110%]: 1d100 = 45

As they (CJ/Niall?/Halko?) head down the Street, CJ picks a route that will be fairly easy to re-trace. As they walk along he looks to Niall, "If all goes sideways on us and we get nothing else, we have coordinates for almost 2 dozen worlds colonized worlds. Sammy said we've eaten their stuff before so we can make that work."

When they enter the TGE store, he'll head over to a clerk (if there isn't a sign/directory) and try to locate Eyewear followed by communications. Depending on availability he'd like to pick up:

[4 pairs] Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 100 credits (varied styles)
[10 pairs] Sunglasses/Goggles (cheap, varied frame colors) = 40 Credits
[10 pairs] Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 100 credits (varied styles), and
[4 pairs] High Impact Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 1,200 credits
[6] Ear Mic & Radio Transmitter = 2,200 Credits (OOC: probably need Halko/Niall to split the cost on these depending on availability of our Eyewear above).

He will then ask a clerk if they stock Tea or Caff, and Protein Bars.

OOC: GMG PG 188 lists Sunglasses/Goggles (cheap) as 15-50 Credits, Sunglasses (Fancy or Light-Adjusting) as 100-300 Credits, or PG 189 lists High Impact Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 1,200 credits, and Ordinary Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 75-100 credits. Best guess on the Meal/Protein Bars = 5 Credits (MercOps PG 116). MercOps PG 110 lists Ear Mic & Radio Transmitter as 2,200 Credits.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:46 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 31

Niall follows CJ to the TGE Emporium. "I hope you know where you're going."

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 5 (SUCCESS)

Cairo wrote:"If all goes sideways on us and we get nothing else, we have coordinates for almost 2 dozen colonized worlds. Sammy said we've eaten their stuff before so we can make that work."

Niall arches an eyebrow. Dunno how we're gonna make that work... we need autonomy, and I doubt the Kassans are going to give it freely. "I guess that'll have to be for the diplomats to figure out."

As Cairo lists out the purchases we need, Niall pulls out his credit card. He thinks about possibly haggling for a better price, but can't find an angle.

Business and Finance ☞ 60% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

"Hey - you think you can give us a break on this price?"

Niall winces inwardly at his own awkwardness, but tries to betray no outward sign.

Business and Finance ☞ 60% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCESS)

"I mean, we're advance agents of a much larger business concern, and if we find a good outlet for equipment - one that's willing to work with us - we'll pass it on to our superiors, and we might be able to arrange larger wholesale contracts. Things like re-provisioning for newly-settled colonies and merc fleets. What do you think?"

If there is no haggling, Niall puts as much of the purchases on his card as he can, splitting the remaining with Halko.

If the vendor's price comes down, Niall will happily pay the lower price, and take the vendor's info to pass on to the fleet.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Halko » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 9

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 73

Following Cairo/Noran and Niall/Vanko into the TGE Emporium, Halko/Torren gives the shop a once over. When Cairo asks about radios, Halko cuts an eye over at him, then shrugs, huh. I thought the boss was gonna get the radios. Who knows. Unless my ass is on the line they can play power struggle all they want.

When Cairo finishes his request, Halko steps in, "We also need to get some pricing on standard black suits and some kind of basic merc military uniform. Six to 12 in quantity. Not a large order."

Halko gives Cairo a big nod when the man request into on protein bars and then just chuckles and grins when Niall tries to get a better price.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Cairo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 10
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

CJ frowns thoughtfully for a moment at Halko's quizzical expression until understanding dawns on his face, "Oh, that's right. Aldric is on deck to acquire Comms. We can just price them and check available features."

If an equivalent of the TMC Field Communicator (AUGG PG 98, 1,200 Credits) is available, CJ will carefully copy down the specs and make a mental note to recommend it for possible issuance (once Brainiac can supplement any encryption). **Hope they have freezdried Caff or something we can transport easily to haul back. Might do some spices like Cayenne or a Hotsauce. Get a lot of bang for the buck out of that sort of stuff ... **
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:34 am

Conditions:
Local Time: 1200

The assembled group takes a trip to the TGE Emporium. When, after leaving the hotel, they find the right route to the Emporium, they find that there is a moving sidewalk in operation that runs alongside and sometimes over the normal sidewalks that conducts shoppers directly to the TGE Emporium. People of many types make use of this regularly to speed-up shorter trips. TGE's branding is clearly advertised across the moving sidewalk, and there are occasional miniature holo advertisements that pop up and inform travelers of TGE's great variety of wares and their always competitive prices. Listening to the occasional clusters of travelers, they soon learn that the moving sidewalk was built and is maintained by TGE at their own expense in order to facilitate TGE consumers, but that all the other merchants and residents of the area appreciate it as well as it provides a cost-free means of ready transportation across certain areas. It's also discovered that this is not even an unusual thing on Grymdin, that merchant associations pay for virtually all of the common routes of foot and road traffic and their maintenance. The merchants and property owners see it as an overhead necessary to facilitate traffic, but also as an advertising opportunity to not only showcase their wares, but also for PR purposes to demonstrate their commitment to the various communities on Grymdin.

Upon entering the Emporium, they find that they are greeted by a holographic projection which resembles an attractive Arismal woman garbed in form-fitting but tasteful casual attire.
A TGE logo over her left breast identifies her business affiliation. The holographic projection says her name is Sara, and that she will accompany them to facilitate their shopping experience. She walks with the group of Arismal, answers their questions in whatever language they use, directs them to the appropriate locations within the vast temple of commerce, and makes recommendations (if asked) on any type of product after which they inquire. They see only a handful of physical TGE employees who appear to be management types and technicians, but there is a robust presence of small and large robots alike performing various tasks, and holographic projections accompany every group or individual shopper. This is shopping at its apex of efficiency. One thing is in stark contrast here to the rest of Grymdin: all product and service prices are listed, and are non-negotiable.

(Just let me know what, in specific, you're looking for and I'll work up some stats for such. AU & AUGG book prices prevail; if the item is not in either, I will provide such. Lists like the one Cairo posted are helpful and appreciated.)
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 19
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 17

CJ will attempt to complete purchase of the following:

[10 pairs] Sunglasses/Goggles (cheap, varied frame colors) = 40 Credits (GMG PG 188)
[10 pairs] Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 100 credits (varied styles) (GMG PG 189)
[6 pairs] High Impact Light Sensitive Polarized Goggles = 1,200 credits (GMG PG 189)
[1] Battle Jacket (Dark Grey) = 225-400 credits (GMG PG 182, HU2 Pg 349, same cost)
[1] Backpack (GMG PG 182 = 100-200 credits, HU2 Pg 347 = $60)
[100 Vanilla] Meal/Protein Bars = 5 Credits (MercOps PG 116)
[100 Chocolate] Meal/Protein Bars = 5 Credits (MercOps PG 116)
[10 lbs] Tea (Peppermint Type (?)) - No Idea on Cost
[10 lbs] Tea (Lemon-Zinger Type (?)) - No Idea on Cost
[20 lbs] Ground Caff - No Idea on Cost
[30 lbs] Sugar/Sweetener (Powdered) - No Idea on Cost
[5 lbs] Cinnamon (Powdered) - No Idea on Cost
[2] 2-lb Box of Fudge/Candy - No Idea on Cost
[10] Bottle of Face Lotion ~ Floral Scented - No Idea on Cost
[10] Bottle of Body Wash ~ Floral Scented - No Idea on Cost
[10] Bottle of Shampoo - No Idea on Cost
[10] Bottle of Conditioner - No Idea on Cost

If any Caff is available (and they can afford it), CJ will pack it into the newly purchased backpack and hand it to Halko, "You just became the most popular guy I know. Especially with Sammy Breen's cooking as an alternative."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:53 am

JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 99

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 49

Halko grins as Cairo starts to order all the special request items for the people back in the fleet. I hope we can get all this through inspection and make good on our promises. While Cairo makes his order, Halko/Torren will start looking through the catalog. Initially he finds what he's looking for and starts selecting them for review and possible purchase;

[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Navy Blue): appropriately sized, 2 for each team member ($130.00 HU2 pg 348)
[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s: Pants (Navy Blue)/Shirts (Navy Blue)/T-shirt (White)/Field Jacket (Navy Blue): appropriately sized, 2 sets for each team member ($203.00 HU2 pg 349)
[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes): appropriately sized, 1 for each team member ($????)

Then Halko sees a link to Urban "Plain Clothes" Armor (Rifts:WB5 pg 37). He smiles at first as he's reading the stats then he gets to the bottom and his smile disappears when he sees the price. Frak! A suit would cost five times what I have. Hells, just a jacket is more than twice. Not that I really need it but the extra protection would have been nice for the others. Especially in this unknown setting. Frak, we could get jumped and STABBED by a freaking mugger on our walk back tot he rooms.

Yet another Officer wrote:CJ will pack it into the newly purchased backpack and hand it to Halko, "You just became the most popular guy I know. Especially with Sammy Breen's cooking as an alternative."

Halko grins back, "I was already the most popular guy you know. Now I just have all your goodies."
He turns his head and nods to the hologram. "We'd like the clothing too please."
Turning back to Cairo and Niall, he says, "I found some nice armored plain clothes too, but its not in our budget. You know, the longer we're here the more I start to think that we're gonna have to do some side jobs. Though that might not be a bad way to make the contacts we want to have."
Last edited by Halko on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Cairo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:10 pm

OOC: All of this is going to be contingent on TGE stocking these drinks. If not, then CJ never ends up giving it to Halko :| ... but the conversation might go like this.

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 81

"You have the Caff, I have Aldric's damn Tea. He's a damn tit-twisted-Riathenor without it. But hell I don't want to do weeks in the Black while he gripes about the lack of a civilized cup. Oh when before we head off-ship next time, remind me to make a list for pantry restock." The Pilot turns to look over Halko's proposed purchases and points at the Police jumpsuits, "Blue? Really? Kind of blaahhh isn't it? Can't we do Grey, or Black, something with some damn shape? ... My cousin Seussa on Kissia-4 would never let me live an outfit like that down."

He shifts under the weight of whatever purchases he's been able to pick up and brushes some stray hair off his face, "Side jobs? ... Man, you wanna volunteer for more work??? Didn't Jaynestown teach you anything? ... Alright well I hope we don't have to go in blind this time. Still, armored civilian gear sounds like an excellent idea. I guess we can look into what freelance options for quick cash might be floating around Merc Commons, right?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:18 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 27

Niall peruses the array of available goods with affected disinterest. All these goods... and us with such limited funds. The fleet has so many needs... but we're on a subsistence budget. He yawns as the hologram introduces herself. From that point onward, he makes a point of not looking at the holoogram. Remember, try to be a Kassan... talking to a hologram would be beneath them. Hell, talking to another person is usually beneath them.

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 87 (FAIL)
Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 4 (SUCCEED)

Halko wrote:"I found some nice armored plain clothes too, but its not in our budget. You know, the longer we're here the more I start to think that we're gonna have to do some side jobs. Though that might not be a bad way to make the contacts we want to have."

Niall/Vanko nods. "I'm sure we're more than capable of handling any work they might have available here," he says, with affected Kassan boredom. Inside, his stomach churns.
Current Details
ImageImage
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Halko » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:37 am

[rolls held]

Making up stories now. hehe, I can do that too. Halko/Torren looks back at Cairo/Noran and chuckles, then gives the man a wink and says, "You're not gonna start lobbying for a ship chef again, are you? The last time that happened Aldric said sure, but the cost was gonna come out of everyone's split. Then you almost got your ass beat. As for the jump suits, I'm sure as hells not gonna wear my best gear when its my turn to hook up the ship's septic dumps when we're on some backwater. Remember that time the planetside hookup was so worn it popped and sprayed Vanko from head to toe."

Halko turns to Niall and grins, "Man, you didn't smell right for a month." He turns back to Cairo, "Besides, I like blue. You want some shape, I can order an extra small for you, otherwise spend your own creds and get it tailored." Halko holds his little grin, rather enjoying the make believe banter they're tossing about. Just remember, nothing specific. Vague tales with no real point and nothing that can be verified.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Cairo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:04 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

**Brilliant job gentlemen,** muses CJ with a genuine chuckle, **We seem to be getting the hang of this.** The Pilot grins and picks up the thread, "A Ships Chef would make dealing with all you ridiculous giants worthwhile. One of those droid models would be absolutely worth a hit to the Credit-Account if I could get a decent meal while the rest of you oversized-bastages are snoring like buzz-saws ... I guess I'll be fine with a regularly sized [Large (?) or as appropriate from Catalogue], don't need a Behemoth size XS." He cocks a bemused eyebrow at Niall, "You did smell like a Void-Whale's offal after that little incident. I still think a Pilot should be exempted from septic and maintenance duties ... don't know why I can't seem to get that one through any kind of vote hehehe."

**Hmmmm what-else? What-else? What-else? Protein Powder? ... and Jill was mentioning some parts but I have no idea what for. Probably best to let her try and pick up whatever replacements she can on her expertise. I'd rather console her than have to answer for a mistake hehehe.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:44 am

List A
[10 pairs] Cheap Sunglasses (40 credits)
[10 pairs] Polarized Goggles (100 credits)
[6 pairs] High Impact Polarized Goggles (1200 credits)
[1] Battle Jacket (Dark Grey) (300 credits)
[1] Backpack, Rugged (60 credits)
[100 Vanilla] Meal/Protein Bars (500 credits)
[100 Chocolate] Meal/Protein Bars (500 credits)
[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Dark Blue) (1200 credits)
[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s (2400 credits)
    Sub-total:
    6200 credits

List B
[10 lbs] Tea (Mint Type) (400 credits)
[10 lbs] Tea (Citrus Type) (400 credits)
[20 lbs] "Coffee" Beans (Off-world import; similar) (100 credits)
[30 lbs] Sweetener (Refined) (50 credits)
[5 lbs] Cassia (sticks) (50 credits)
[2] 2-lb Box of Fudge/Candy (50 credits)
[10] Hygiene Kits (200 credits)
[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) ($1200 credits)--OFF THE RACK
    Sub-total:
    2450 credits
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 58

Cairo watches the subtotals run across the screen and his heart leaps a bit, and he pulls out his Card to complete his purchase (everything Not listed in Green):

List A
***[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Dark Blue) (1200 credits)
***[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s (2400 credits)

List B
***[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) ($1200 credits)--OFF THE RACK

***OOC: CJ is not picking up the Clothing items, I'll leave that to you clotheshorses :thumright:

CJ's Subtotal: 3,950 Credits

He will make sure to leave 3 sets of High Impact Polarized Goggles at the top of their bags so that he can pull some on (and/or hand them out to Halko and Niall) after they hit the door. He'll leave the rest of the purchase list up for his taller comrades, "I'm feeling like lunch is overdue. Let's hit the hotel, drop some gear, and maybe find something that can be choked down as food on this backwater Rock. Oh and Torren can tell Soria she's wearing a Suit hehehe. Sound like a plan?"

As his feet itch to point themselves back towards the door CJ waits for the others to finish their purchases, **We probably will want to stop back here again before we head off-world since they do stock some kind of Caff knockoff ... Hell I probably want to see how many more Meal-bar thingys and hell maybe Candy-bars we can pack into a crate. Nah, maybe candy's a mistake. If we can pack in protein bars with Chocolate flavoring, that's probably more efficient space-wise ... Frak I almost wish we'd brought that huge old Tub that was one of the ship-options ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 8

Halko wrote:As for the jump suits, I'm sure as hells not gonna wear my best gear when its my turn to hook up the ship's septic dumps when we're on some backwater. Remember that time the planetside hookup was so worn it popped and sprayed Vanko from head to toe. Man, you didn't smell right for a month."

Niall nods, frowning. "Don't remind me. I can still smell it. Hey - is that why you said I avoid girls with a sense of smell?"

Cairo wrote:"You did smell like a Void-Whale's offal after that little incident. I still think a Pilot should be exempted from septic and maintenance duties ... don't know why I can't seem to get that one through any kind of vote hehehe."

Niall turns to CJ with mock anger. "Oh frak no. If the ship's medic doesn't get exempted, then neither do you."

When CJ pays for everything except the clothes, Niall shrugs, and hands over his credit card.

[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Dark Blue) (1200 credits)
[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s (2400 credits)
[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) ($1200 credits)--OFF THE RACK

Niall's subtotal: 4,800 credits

Cairo wrote:"I'm feeling like lunch is overdue. Let's hit the hotel, drop some gear, and maybe find something that can be choked down as food on this backwater Rock.

Niall nods, "Would like something not prepared on-ship for a change."
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Halko » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 57

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 20

Halko/Torren gets a disappointed look, "You always want to be exempt from everything. You should be used to disappointment by now." He looks turns to a more appraising glare, "Now a robot chef does make a pretty good idea. I'd put in for that, especially if we can get some security protocols added to it and use it as a guard when we need to."

Slapping Niall/Vanko on the back, Halko says, "Thanks. I guess that means I'm buying lunch. Which sounds like a great idea. This transition from ship to station time has thrown my off schedule."

Halko grins when Cairo/Noran mentions Gilina/Soria in the plain suit he purchased, "That's her problem. If she had wanted something better, she should have come herself. Now, lets get the stuff we just bought and get on with our day. Maybe some of the others are back at the rooms. We can grab them when we head out to lunch. I too am hoping for something a little fresher than the shipboard fair."
Last edited by Halko on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Cairo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:38 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 40
Navigation [110%]: 1d100 = 52

Cairo laughs with genuine mirth at his comrades' responses, "Hehehe I'll support exemption votes for all three of us ... let's get one more and vote it as a Mechanical problem that's permanently on Soria's docket." With the purchases complete, the PA Pilot offers a slight grunt under the 60~ish pounds of provisions as they head for the door, **Can I justify using my Force Disc? Might be dicey. Brainiac might say no but you can always make an argument it falls in under Gravity manipulation, sort of. Juuust gotta get it all over to the moving sidewalk-deal. Bellikaz's Ballsack ... when did Niall get so fast? Sh^t I had to carry him on Chandrakhant and now he has a full step on me? ... Maybe I've been using the Force Disc too much. I didn't think I was really slowing down. Ughh ... more PT for me.**
[OOC: Thought it would be nice to acknowledge Niall's stepped up speed given all his hard work]

Once they get out to the moving walkway, Cairo sets the bags down and hands out High Impact Polarized Goggles to each of the others before pulling some out for himself, "Here you go gentlemen. I swear most of the Galaxy is handicapped. Anyone else find it tedious having to compensate for their being unable to see without a ridiculous amount of light?"

With a condescending chuckle, CJ will head back along their prior route to the [[Kelvin Hotel on Spacer Street in the Novoo Industrial Sector]].
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 pm

[Rolls Held]

Cairo wrote:Hehehe I'll support exemption votes for all three of us ... let's get one more and vote it as a Mechanical problem that's permanently on Soria's docket.

Halko/Torren grins, "Or as the pilot you can just keep us off the backwater planets. Who knows what kind of trash is floating around those uncivilized places"

Cairo wrote:"Here you go gentlemen. I swear most of the Galaxy is handicapped. Anyone else find it tedious having to compensate for their being unable to see without a ridiculous amount of light?"

Halko takes the pair of goggles when they are offered, "Seriously! Who sets this standard anyway and why do we have to suffer for someone else's deficiency." Carrying half the shopping bags of clothes, Halko follows along behind Cairo as the make their way back to the [[Kelvin Hotel on Spacer Street in the Novoo Industrial Sector]] .
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:18 am

Conditions:
Local Time: 1215 @ checkout

Items purchased at TGE

Copy/Paste this text into the appropriate post:
Code: Select all
[u]Items purchased at TGE[/u]

CJ, deduct 3,950 credits from your card.

Items purchased at TGE
[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Dark Blue)
[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s
[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes, off-rack)

Copy/Paste this text into the appropriate post:
[u]Items purchased at TGE[/u]
[12 Pair] Police Style Jumpsuit (Dark Blue)
[12 Pair] B.D.U.'s
[6 Pair] 2 Piece Suit (Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes, off-rack)

Niall, deduct 4,800 credits from your card.

When the trio of clandestine shoppers have made their final choices among the millions of available products, Sara simply directs them to a nearby kiosk wherein a card-scanner can be used. Also present in the kiosk is some sort of spectral analyzer with simple directions for use. This is apparently used to determine the value of hard currencies. Also present is what appears to be an old fashioned pneumatic tube aperture for delivering these currencies into safe-keeping. The trio notices that there is only one display model of any item. Everything aisle offers hundreds, sometimes thousands of choices, but only a single item is on display for each possible item that can be purchased. Sara merely confirms your decision to purchase the item, then guides you to your next desired item. As the trio make their payments in the kiosk, Sara informs them that their purchases will be available for pick-up on the way out of the store. As they reach one of the exits, they notice that a robotic hover-cart has a holo-image of their faces hovering above it, and all their purchases are packaged and neatly stacked on the cart for their retrieval. Sara bows to them and waves wishing them safe travels and reminding them that TGE will always be here to meet all their needs and always at competitive prices.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Niall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:42 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 42

Niall pushes the hover cart, and follows the others to the Hotel, feeling no more at ease than before. The presence of so many aliens in such a confined space is definitely working his nerves, though he tries hard not to let it show.

Gonna need a week of decon after this.
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:28 pm

(Rolls carried from Soniua Security Services

"Hey, I need some meal rations, and maybe a bivouac or something, where's that at?" Ro's cheery mood was being worn down by the realities of being poor in a cash-ruled society. The whole thing depressed, and then angered him, Science-damn these barbaric pre-post-money cultures. The whole civilization ends up circling each other like vultures, an Ouroboros of carrion birds upon carrion birds. Evolve, you frakking economic invertebrates!

"How much for food? You gonna gouge a guy for that too?" asks Ro when he gets to the right department.
Ro Shambo

Postby Niall » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1!)
JIC: 1d20 = 20 (Nat. 20!)
JIC: 1d100 = 52 (Nat. 52! - er, never mind...)

Niall accompanies Ryden and Halko to the TGE Emporium. On the way, he ponders his flirty encounter with Jensen de Sol. At first, he's embarrassed by his adolescent attempt to shunt her to one of his teammates. It wasn't like I was "passing her around" - That usually implies I've had my way with her first. It's just that I have no interest in her. Still, I guess Ryden's right - I should... what do the spooks say? Cultivate her as an asset? Though, it's not as if I'm trained for intel. Confused, he sighs. Whatever... I'll send her a nice note or something. Who knows what she might overhear working at a place like that.

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 80% 1d100 = 44 (SUCCESS)

As they arrive at TGE, he smiles. "Twice on the first day. They're going to think I like it here." He immediately begins thinking about cheap-ish hydroponics setups that he might be able to get for the fleet. A large enough rig might feed several ships, once it's up and running. If we can get a couple large setups for some of the bigger ships... that'd be a start, any way.

He begins to peruse an electronic catalog, blissfully unaware of Ro Shambo's lurking alien presence (nat. 1 on perception).
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ro Shambo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:11 am

(Rolls carried)
Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 62% 1d100 = 65 *for Speaking clearly fail
Language: Arismal 72%1d100 = 4 *for recognizing accents success!

If Ro notices anyone watching him and then his reaction to his appearance he'll say,

“What the frakk kid? Never seen a guy with a face before? Your mama should’ve told you not to stare.”
Ro Shambo

Postby Halko » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 66

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 22

Ryden wrote:He glances back at Halko. "Besides, you're the adult in this expedition. Vanko and I are kids in a candy store. That's why we brought along an adult to chaperone us!" He grins at Halko and gets up.

Halko chuckles at Ryden/Samil, "I do what I can." He gives a little head shake as they leave the restaurant and make their way to the TGE store. Well I do have a little seniority. Other than that, I'm the low man out. The only NCO in a squad of officers.

When they arrive at the TGE Emporium, Halko falls back a step or two and lets the two tech heads take the lead. Assuming that the store will function the same as it did before, Halko waits for the holographic sales person to appear.

As he waits, Halko looks around the lobby. When his eyes hit the mess that is Ro Shambo, he's taken back by the man's appearance. Holy mother of the gods. Frak, I shouldn't think that. He could be as sweet as old Mimaw. Hell, he could be a perfect 10 for his species. Or he could have been hit by a train... a couple of trains.

By now its quite obvious Halko was staring. Not wanting to seem like a shallow fool, or waste on opportunity, Halko walks over to the man, "Great weather we're having today?" He gives Ro a crooked grin and starts up some small talk, "Crazy place, this is. You from around here?"
Last edited by Halko on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Ro Shambo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 am

(Rolls Carried)

Ro's having a total shit of a day so perhaps he can be forgiven for mistaking certain easily confused phonemes of the Pilian Tongue for each other.

When the stranger says:
Halko wrote:"Great weather we're having today?" He gives Ro a crooked grin and starts up some small talk, "Crazy place, this is. You from around here?"

Ro hears:
Ro's Paranoid Mind wrote:"Great weather we're having today?" He gives Ro a crooked grin and starts up some small talk, "Crazy FACE, this is. You from around here?"

"What the...? That's just rude man.... I got a medical condition...Jeezus. If I was from around here, would I be stumbling around asking a a hologram for food? "

However, he does, perhaps, pick up something familiar about the stranger's accent.
"Hey wait a minute, what kind of accent is that?"

Between his superlative sensory powers and his training, Ro is always on the look out for any micro-expressions or tells that might give away a lie:
Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.34) 1d100 = 43 Reasonably sure
Interrogation 72% 1d100 = 6 pass
Ro Shambo

Postby Augur » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Ro Shambo wrote:(Rolls carried from Soniua Security Services)

Rolls are not carried over from previous locations. New scene, new rolls.

Upon entering the Emporium, Ro finds himself greeted by a holographic projection which resembles an attractive humanoid woman garbed in form-fitting but tasteful casual attire.
A TGE logo over her left breast identifies her business affiliation. The holographic projection says her name is Sara, and that she will accompany him to facilitate his shopping experience. She walks with Ro, answers his questions in whatever language he chooses to use, directs him to the appropriate locations within the vast temple of commerce, and makes recommendations (if asked) on any type of product after which he inquires. He sees only a handful of physical TGE employees who appear to be management types and technicians, but there is a robust presence of small and large robots alike performing various tasks, and holographic projections accompany every group or individual shopper. This is shopping at its apex of efficiency. One thing is in stark contrast here to the rest of Grymdin: all product and service prices are listed, and are non-negotiable.

Ro Shambo wrote:"Hey, I need some meal rations, and maybe a bivouac or something, where's that at?" Ro's cheery mood was being worn down by the realities of being poor in a cash-ruled society. The whole thing depressed, and then angered him, Science-damn these barbaric pre-post-money cultures. The whole civilization ends up circling each other like vultures, an Ouroboros of carrion birds upon carrion birds. Evolve, you frakking economic invertebrates!

"How much for food? You gonna gouge a guy for that too?" asks Ro when he gets to the right department.

Sara is unflappable, courteous, pleasant, and helpful. She doesn't shy away from his appearance or judge him at all. "Why, sir, you'll find that all of TGE's prices and both reasonable and competitive." She feigns a moment of consideration of his requests. "Sir, it sounds like you need to visit our 'outdoors' department. We have a large supply of both recreational and professional attire, accessories, and other gear appropriate to either leisure activities in a natural environment, hunting, and other aspects of outdoorsmanship. Follow me and I'll see to it that all your needs are met."

As she prepares to show him to the correct department, a holographic screen materializes beside her with a couple suggested items and associated prices.

Protein Bars = 5 Credits each
    Hard Dome Shelter: 3,500 credits for the two-man variety

(Just let me know what, in specific, you're looking for and I'll work up some stats for such. AU & AUGG book prices prevail; if the item is not in either, I will provide such. Lists like the one Cairo posted are helpful and appreciated.)

His "shopping experience" is then somewhat interrupted by a couple fellows with whom he begins to interact.

(Take it from here, boys! I'll manage Sara-the-holographic-NPC-retail-salesgirl, but the rest is up to you!)
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 19

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 35

Ro wrote:"What the...? That's just rude man.... I got a medical condition...Jeezus. If I was from around here, would I be stumbling around asking a a hologram for food?"

Halko furrows his brows looking confused at the man's response, "I um, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I've been having some trouble remembering the right words in this language."

Ro wrote:"Hey wait a minute, what kind of accent is that?"

When Ro asks this, Halko shuts up quick. Frak! what the hell can I say to that. Did this rando guy just find us out? gods help me. Putting on his best smile, Halko says, "Accent? Huh, I didn't really think I had an accent." Shrugging he continues, "I likely just picked up something. I've been traveling around a lot lately. Could just be some regional inflection I picked up at one of our recent stops." He shrugs again like he doesn't really know that the guy just basically asked his where he's from. I knew this playing Kasan wasn't going to work. We just don't know enough about them and do any of us actually speak their language!
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Niall » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21 (Nat. 20!)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 44

Niall finally notices the hulking, disfigured alien talking to Halko. His stomach does a backflip.

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 80% 1d100 = 58 (SUCCESS)

Ro wrote:"Hey wait a minute, what kind of accent is that?"

Niall's mind races. What the frak? Is this guy some kind of linguist?

Halko wrote:"Accent? Huh, I didn't really think I had an accent. I likely just picked up something. I've been traveling around a lot lately. Could just be some regional inflection I picked up at one of our recent stops."

Niall laughs. Stepping forward, he claps Halko on the shoulder. "Your Pilian always did suck." He smiles at Ro, burying his disgust down deep. "Did I hear you say you were new to Grymdin?"

That's it, Niall, shift the focus to his problems. Offer to help, whatever, and get the frak out of this situation.
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ro Shambo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 39 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 94
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 62% 1d100 = 70 *for Speaking clearly fail
Language: Arismal 72%1d100 = 19 *for recognizing accents and speaking pass
Interrogation 72% 1d100 = 9 *recognize 'tells' pass
Detect lies: 1d100 = 17 Reasonably sure

Halko wrote:"Accent? Huh, I didn't really think I had an accent." Shrugging he continues, "I likely just picked up something. I've been traveling around a lot lately. Could just be some regional inflection I picked up at one of our recent stops."

"Picked it up? Sure, sure.." Ro's eyes narrow as his bullshit detector sounds an alarm.
Niall wrote:"Your Pilian always did suck." He smiles at Ro, burying his disgust down deep. "Did I hear you say you were new to Grymdin?"

"Yeah, and new to Money. I thought a thousand credits sounded like a lot... can't even buy a pot to piss in...." Suddenly Ro realizes why these guys' accent sounded so familiar, he blurts out under his breath in pretty decent Arismal,

**"Both of you are lying sons of whores." **

Despite the sentiment, Ro speaks the words in a quiet, steady, amiable tone, so that only a Arismal-speaker would be able to infer meaning.

To the Holo-host, Ro says,
"Give me 20 Proteins bars and take your prices with you to hell."
Ro Shambo

Postby Halko » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:10 pm

[Rolls Held]

Halko's eye narrow as the man speaks in Arismal. Within a moments pause, Halko contemplates several courses of action. Fighting here will likely bring TGE security down on all of us. Do I lure this guy away and then toss him out an airlock? Or do we actually try and develop some assets here. God knows he sure as frak doesn't look like any Arismal I've ever met.

Wondering how Ro knows Arismal and what he hopes to gain by calling them out on it, Halko plays along. Leaning over to Niall some, Halko/Torren slaps the man on the back, "Frak! My Pilian must be worse than I though. I could have swore he just said something about our mothers."

Halko/Torren chuckles a bit and turns back to Ro, "Protein bars? Blah. Seems to me you need some creds and that means a job." He glances at Niall, "What do you say Vanko? You and Samil finish up what you need here and I'll chat with our new friend. Then we can all go somewhere a bit more private for a interview."
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Niall » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:00 am

(Rolls carried over)

Ro wrote:**"Both of you are lying sons of whores."**

Niall's eyes widen momentarily before he recovers, thankful they're hidden behind his polarized lenses.

Who IS this guy? How does he know Arismal? Inwardly, he starts to panic, thinking their cover blown.

Halko/Torren wrote:"Frak! My Pilian must be worse than I though. I could have swore he just said something about our mothers. Protein bars? Blah. Seems to me you need some creds and that means a job.What do you say Vanko? You and Samil finish up what you need here and I'll chat with our new friend. Then we can all go somewhere a bit more private for a interview."

What are you playing at, Halko? You planning on killing this alien... by yourself?

Niall nods.

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 80% 1d100 = 46 (SUCCESS)

"No problem." He turns to the huge, disfigured alien. "Nice to meet you. See you around."

Niall wanders back over to the holoterminal, and quickly keys a message to Ryden/Samil, hiding it behind an ad for dancing lessons. "Cover possibly blown. Huge alien with Halko spoke to us in Arismal."
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ro Shambo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:55 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 23 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 79
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 62% 1d100 = 27 pass

Ro is now 98% sure he’s talking to two Arismal, and he is exploding with questions to ask: Your planet blew up, what’s that like? Are you one of the ones with special ‘abilities’? Can you fly? Do you know anyone that can fly? I think flying would be awesome what about you? Is everybody jealous of the guys who can fly?

However, somewhere way back in the recesses of his overstimulated mind something finally clicks and Ro wises up a bit, Hold up, Hoss. These are Arismal, but they’re pretending not to be, why’s that? I’d be in the bar getting free sympathy drinks… what’s the deal here? These guys are nervous as hell too… Like murder-nervous. Hmm, and I don’t have one of those arbitration dealies either, I’m pretty sure these guys could blow me out an airlock and nobody would give a shit…

Halko wrote: "Frak! My Pilian must be worse than I thought. I could have swore he just said something about our mothers."

“What?! Oh my, no. That was a traditional Arreri phrase spoken to commemorate the beginning of a new friendship!” Ro speaks loudly laying his finger alongside his mangled nose and giving Halko and Niall a big wink. Ro then blurts a similar sounding nonsense phrase in his own language. “See Arreri, that’s me. You guys must be…..” Ro leaves a blank hoping somebody will fill in the appropriate (fake) race.

Halko wrote:Halko/Torren chuckles a bit and turns back to Ro, "Protein bars? Blah. Seems to me you need some creds and that means a job." He glances at Niall, "What do you say Vanko? You and Samil finish up what you need here and I'll chat with our new friend. Then we can all go somewhere a bit more private for a interview."

"Well, you’ve got me pegged. A job? And then you’d give me more of this money stuff? I’m gonna need a whole bunch more of this shit. Yeah, I’d love to chat more about this... But I sure as hell ain't going near the outer hull, this one here looks a bit too murdery.

Niall wrote:"No problem." He turns to the huge, disfigured alien. "Nice to meet you. See you around."

“Hey, you too bud, take it sleazy.” Turning to Halko, “So… uh… what’s your guys’ deal, ya on a shopping holiday or something?”
Ro Shambo

Postby Halko » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:10 pm

[rolls held]

Ro wrote:“See Arreri, that’s me. You guys must be…..”

Halko/Torren grins, "From here and there. Arreri? Huh. I can't say I ever ran into one of you guys before. Are they all as....tall as you?"

Ro wrote:"Well, you’ve got me pegged. A job? And then you’d give me more of this money stuff? I’m gonna need a whole bunch more of this shit. Yeah, I’d love to chat more about this..."

Halko quirks an eyebrow at the man, "Money is a fickle bitch. It usually leaves as quick as it arrives and there never seems to be enough. How is it you never had to deal with money? You just break free from some slaver or something?"

Ro wrote:“So… uh… what’s your guys’ deal, ya on a shopping holiday or something?”

Halko shrugs, "Something like that. Gotta hit port from time to time. Can't spend all our time floating in the black."

Halko eyes the man and holds a grin as he thinks, At the very least we need to see what this guy knows and why he can speak Arismal. If he's planning on selling us out, then I can goop him and we can toss him out an airlock.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Ro Shambo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Halko wrote:Halko/Torren grins, "From here and there. Arreri? Huh. I can't say I ever ran into one of you guys before. Are they all as....tall as you?"

"Here and there, hey? Say no more, say no more." Ro winks again. "Tall? No, I'm on the short side, got made fun of at school." A shadow crosses Ro's face as he recalls his friendless childhood and betrays the truth of the statement.

Halko wrote:Halko quirks an eyebrow at the man, "Money is a fickle bitch. It usually leaves as quick as it arrives and there never seems to be enough. How is it you never had to deal with money? You just break free from some slaver or something?"

"Oh, no I just come from an advanced society that abandoned that barbaric and primitive practice. We just ask for stuff and then we get it!" replies Ro in the same smug way all Arreri explain how wonderful their society is and conveniently leaving out the patient effort required to fill out the requisition forms and the abysmal wait times for certain items.

Halko wrote:Halko shrugs, "Something like that. Gotta hit port from time to time. Can't spend all our time floating in the black."

"No doubt, no doubt." Nods Ro, as if he was a well-travelled spacer, "I spent months in a cargo hold getting here. How was that you ask? Sucked balls, I'll tell you what."
Ro Shambo

Postby Ryden » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:02 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9,1d100 = 21
Save vs HF (12): 1d20+2 = 6
A.B.S. Detector (Aberrant Bio-Signature): 55%/1d100 = 97 on Ro (already proven to be undetectable unless like Nova)

Ryden is off figuring up precisely how many meal starters he can buy, focusing on protien and vitamin rich meals in the proper content for Arismal. He is also looking into drink mixes sold in bulk to give the fleet a bit of variety once in a while on drinks. He focuses on bulk amounts, not individual portions. Both are the kinds of purchases one might buy for an expedition with a stocked kitchen. Ryden puts together a list that would give the fleet enough for one month of this with a decent variety, and then sees how much it is before deciding on a final

When Niall's message pops up, Ryden's face stiffens slightly. He walks over towards Halko and Niall as they speak to the massive alien. As his full visage comes into view, Ryden freezes and checks his exits. Willing himself forward, Ryden moves towards the trio, catching the last of the conversation. He uses a flick of his fingers on a virtual keypad to use his ABS Detector on Ro. Considering he seems to be typing in mid air occasionally, this doesn't stick out particularly.

Ro Shambo wrote:"Oh, no I just come from an advanced society that abandoned that barbaric and primitive practice. We just ask for stuff and then we get it!" replies Ro in the same smug way all Arreri explain how wonderful their society is and conveniently leaving out the patient effort required to fill out the requisition forms and the abysmal wait times for certain items.

"So your entire society works off requisitions then? I have never heard of a truly no-currency economy that didn't rely on them." Ryden asks suspiciously. And so the tall (6'), lanky humanoid wearing a black suit and managing to look like he dresses well all the time steps into the conversation. "That's incredibly inefficient. Please tell me at least you have a super-AI controlling it with oversight from leadership." His mind spins through all the possible configurations. "How do you encourage innovation as a society? Other motivations?"

He pauses realizing that opening was nerdy even for him. "Sorry, amateur anthropologist and economist." He smiles, shrugging. It wasn't a lie either, though in times past that had been applied to games and fictional settings, not real ones. He glances to Halko and Niall. "You guys about ready? I got the list together."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ro Shambo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 am

Ryden wrote:"So your entire society works off requisitions then? I have never heard of a truly no-currency economy that didn't rely on them." Ryden asks suspiciously. And so the tall (6'), lanky humanoid wearing a black suit and managing to look like he dresses well all the time steps into the conversation. "That's incredibly inefficient. Please tell me at least you have a super-AI controlling it with oversight from leadership." His mind spins through all the possible configurations. "How do you encourage innovation as a society? Other motivations?"

A brief expression of panicked ignorance passes over Ro's face as he realizes his excessive pride in his society is not supported by an understanding of how any of it works. "Uh... well.. yeah, you gotta fill out requisition forms. I mean not everything, food and the basics are readily available... Is it inefficient? Couldn't be, it's all run by machine... Not just one super-AI... There's a whole bunch of 'em, I mean, they are the leadership... " Frakk me, why didn't I pay attention in Civics class. Oh, wait, I never went to Civics class.. Ro stammers a bit more before Ryden let's him off the hook. "I think we're pretty innovative."

Ryden wrote:He pauses realizing that opening was nerdy even for him. "Sorry, amateur anthropologist and economist." He smiles, shrugging. It wasn't a lie either, though in times past that had been applied to games and fictional settings, not real ones. He glances to Halko and Niall. "You guys about ready? I got the list together."

"No worries, your friends were saying they might have some work for a fellow. I need more of these creds. Is it a match made in heaven?" I dunno Roro that one guy was clearly lying when he said 'It was nice to meet you' and this guy might be telling the truth about his nerdy amateur interests but left out what he did professionally.... hmm, it's six to five and pick 'em on the murder tip... Oh well, it's probably what I'm supposed to do... can't be a coincidence that the one Arismal expert on Arora ends up here on Grymdin, where the last of the Arismal are skulking around pretending to be... what?... dorks? Typical of Machine Brains, can't just be upfront about stuff, everything's a blasted riddle with them.
Ro Shambo

Postby Niall » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:11 am

(rolls carried over)

Ryden wrote:"You guys about ready? I got the list together."

Niall looks up from pretending to be shopping at the nearby terminal. "Ready? Yes. Ready." Niall attempts not to look at the alien's 'face' - or whatever he has that passes for a face on his planet. Frak. I know I don't like aliens, but, dude... way to live down to my expectations. He looks like he got face-dragged through Rajat.

Ro wrote:"No worries, your friends were saying they might have some work for a fellow. I need more of these creds. Is it a match made in heaven?"

Niall turns to Ryden. "Yeah, Torren was gonna go interview him." Right into a body bag. He turns and offers the alien a weak half-smile.

"I'm sure our new friend has just a shipload of handy skills."

As they ready to leave, Niall searches his memory for general knowledge of this race the alien talked about... the Arerri. And perhaps, some knowledge of their alliances and conflicts.

Lore: Alien ☞ 55% 1d100 = 52 (SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 62% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Halko » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 pm

[rolls held]

Halko grins, "More creds indeed. This place is a rip. I'm surprised they don't charge for the air." He gives a little chuckle, "I wonder if there's some plant being that absorbs CO2 and spits out O2. Hehe, maybe they get on station free. Anyway... At the very least tag along with us, we're headed over to the Mercenary Commons next. If we can't use you, maybe you can find some work there. If that type of work fits your skills set." Halko smiles at his indirect question.

Halko turns to Ryden and Niall, "This was your shopping trip. If you guys are ready to go, I'm ready." Halko turns back to Ro, "So big man, you coming along too?" Halko slaps his thigh and then points to Ro, "Forgot to mention. Name's Torren Odjuz. What do they call you?"
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:00 pm

(Rolls carried)

"Absolutely! Mercenary Commons, that sounds like a good public place for us to go. Nice to meet to you to Torren." replies Ro. "My name? Shambo. Ro Shambo."
Ro Shambo

Postby Ryden » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:00 pm

(rolls carried)

With the big alien looking at Halko, Ryden's mouth turns into a small smirk for a moment with the mention of public place. The alien knew his situation at least. He nods to the big guy at the mention of his name. "So call you Shambo then? Or Ro? My name is Samil Breen, but you can call me Samil or Sammy. Good to meet you. So who is representing you? The contracting services I mean."

[[headed to Mercenary Commons]]
Current Details

ImageImage

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:17 am

Ro Shambo wrote:ional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength. [/size]To the Holo-host, Ro says,
"Give me 20 Proteins bars and take your prices with you to hell."

If Ro still desires to do so, the holographic assistant will guide him through the quick process of paying for the twenty protein bars, and expels him from the Emporium in a pleasant manner.

Deduct 100 credits from your card
20 Meal/Protein Bars

As they ready to leave, Niall searches his memory for general knowledge of this race the alien talked about the Arerri, and of their alliances and conflicts. He recalls that the Arerri are a race of tall humanoids from a turbulent planet named Arora. The Arerri pursue all facets of knowledge. including magic, and claim to have developed a nearly utopian society. The Arerri live in huge, domed cities that are scattered across the surface of their planet, and the Arerri are extremely insular while not being xenophobic; Arerri explore the galaxy, but the galaxy is not allowed to explore Arora.

(Moving on to Mercenary Commons)
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:21 am

Team Communicators <Pop> with a message from CJ:

Aldric heading back to Hotel with Weapons delivery. I will shadow, then head for Merc Commons.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Ryden uses his virtual keyboard to send a message back to CJ. "Copy that, we're heading there with a +1. Asshole speaks our language. I think he's Arreri. Dunno. Whatever he is, we're bringing him for an 'interview.' He's either an asset to be utilized or a problem to be ventilated. Jury's out on which." over the message, a rather ominous ad for cleaning supplies that will get out even blood floats.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:04 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 94

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 18

Halko/Torren nods to Ro, "Well Mr. Ro Shambo. It's good to meet you." He feels the vibration of the incoming message alert on his new communicator and pushes up his sleeve to take a look, then lets it fall back. "Excellent. It looks like we'll have more company. So, Ro. What exactly is it you do for a living? How can we end up helping each other?"

Halko offers the man and amiable smile as they head out of the TGE Emporium and start to make their way to the Mercenary Commons.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:32 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 35 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 85

-------------------------------------------------------------

Halko wrote:Halko/Torren nods to Ro, "Well Mr. Ro Shambo. It's good to meet you." He feels the vibration of the incoming message alert on his new communicator and pushes up his sleeve to take a look, then lets it fall back. "Excellent. It looks like we'll have more company. So, Ro. What exactly is it you do for a living? How can we end up helping each other?"

"Oh... good question... I'm a bit of a jack of all trades really." Ro stammers a bit until he thinks of something to say. "I guess you could call me a Troubleshooter, I specialize in the field of Information Security. I'm a problem solver. The better question? What do you guys need done? I guarantee I can do it."

Ryden wrote:With the big alien looking at Halko, Ryden's mouth turns into a small smirk for a moment with the mention of public place. The alien knew his situation at least. He nods to the big guy at the mention of his name. "So call you Shambo then? Or Ro? My name is Samil Breen, but you can call me Samil or Sammy. Good to meet you. So who is representing you? The contracting services I mean."

"Nice to meet you Sammy. Ro is what my friends call me. Don't get me started on the these contracting services! I got nothing. No rep at all. What the frakk."

[[headed to Mercenary Commons]]
Ro Shambo

Postby Niall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19

JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 30

Cairo wrote:Aldric heading back to Hotel with Weapons delivery. I will shadow, then head for Merc Commons.

Niall sees the message, and breathes an internal sigh of relief. Great. If anything goes down, we'll have more guys there...

Niall accompanies the group to the Mercenary Commons.
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74[/quote]

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

Cairo, Halko, & Jill arrive at the TGE Emporium, once more shopping for gear

Shopping List:
    [1] Battle Jacket (Black, XXL/CJ Size) = 300 credits (same cost as purchase above)
    [5] T-Shirt (Black, XXL/CJ Size) = 6-20 cr. (GMG Pg 183)
    [5] T-Shirt (Green, XXL/CJ Size) = 6-20 cr. (GMG Pg 183)
    [4] Denim Jeans (XXL/CJ Size) = 25-60 cr. (GMG Pg 182)
    [2] Deck of Cards = 5 cr (est.)
    [1] 2 Piece Suit (Niall Size -- Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) = 200 credits (per purchase above)
    [1] 2 Piece Suit (Niall Size -- Grey, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) = 200 credits (per purchase above)
    [2] Sun-Dress (Jill) = 50 cr. (est.)
    [1] Raincoat (Jill -- Khaki(?)) = 30-75 cr. (GMG Pg 183)
    [100 Vanilla] Meal/Protein Bars = 5 Credits (MercOps PG 116)
    [120 Chocolate] Meal/Protein Bars = 5 Credits (MercOps PG 116)
    [7] Wallets w/ RF-blocking lining = 10 Credits (est.)

He will also inquire of the Hologram whether TGE stocks any Magic/Enchanted weaponry (Knives, etc).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:19 am

Cairo wrote:Shopping List:
[1] Battle Jacket (Black, XXL/CJ Size) = 300 credits
[5] T-Shirt (Black, XXL/CJ Size) = 75 credits
[5] T-Shirt (Green, XXL/CJ Size) = 75 credits
[4] Denim Jeans (XXL/CJ Size) = 80 credits
[2] Deck of Cards = 10 credits
[1] 2 Piece Suit (Niall Size -- Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) = 200 credits
[1] 2 Piece Suit (Niall Size -- Grey, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes) = 200 credits
[2] Sun-Dress (Jill) = 200 credits
[1] Raincoat (Jill) = 75 credits
[100 Vanilla] Meal/Protein Bars = 500 credits
[120 Chocolate] Meal/Protein Bars = 600 credits
[7] Wallets w/ RF-blocking lining = 80 credits

For Cairo
[1] Battle Jacket [size=85](Black, XXL)[/size]
[5] T-Shirt [size=85](Black, XXL)[/size]
[5] T-Shirt [size=85](Green, XXL)[/size]
[4] Denim Jeans [size=85](XXL)[/size]

For Niall
[1] 2 Piece Suit [size=85](Black, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes)[/size]
[1] 2 Piece Suit [size=85](Grey, w/White button up collarless shirt and black shoes)[/size]

For Jill
[2] Sun-Dresses
[1] Raincoat

For Group
[2] Decks of Cards
[100 Vanilla] Meal/Protein Bars
[120 Chocolate] Meal/Protein Bars
[7] Wallets w/ RF-blocking lining

2,395 credits total

TGE does not do business in magic wares as such are not scalable in their production.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Gilina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 65

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded

Jill is in a daze looking around at everything within the emporium. She scans through the list and styles and chooses a half dozen different dresses from the database. When she finally is able to physically hold the dresses, Jill starts to check them out. Pulling them off the rack and feeling the material. To the others, it probably seems like an unbelievable amount of time. To Jill on the other hand it is a piece of heaven that she has not had since she was back on a civilized planet. Her hands deftly go over the material and placing it against some of her bare skin to see if the coloring is right.

"I'll take these two Noran." She finally tells her compatriots.
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 18

Along the way, Halko turns to Jill and asks, "This Zed guy keeps popping up. We just had a tear down with him and almost lost Vanko. You got any ideas how the drekhead keeps finding us? Could use an idea on what kinda trap will hold someone that's super strong and doesn't seem to take any damage?"

Moving into the TGE shop with the other two, Halko speaks to the holo-clerk and requests pricing on the following;

[2] Satchel (using backpack) = 40-100 cr. [Ultimate Pg 261]
[12] Flash/Stun Grenades = 100 Creds each [GMG Pg 124]
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Next

Return to Novoo Industrial Sector