Group Two: Children in the Caves

Palladium Fantasy Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Azure » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 8:
4

Vs Psionics [-1]: 1d20-1 = 1:
2

Vs HF [+2]: 1d20+2 = 19:
17

Vs Magic [+6]: 1d20+6 = 12:
6

D20 JiC: 1d20:
1
/ D100 JiC: 1d20:
1


Conditions: Gaozir’s assisted senses and Minds’s Eye 5.75 minutes. (no bonuses due to rain, 1d100:
100
/76% details, 250ft range radar, not surprised), Enhance Reflexes 5.75 minutes, Strength of Mind 5.75 minutes, Telekinesis: Super (300 ft) 400 lbs 5.75 minutes

Excitement rushes through Azure at his new found expertise. He would have cringed from the narrow miss had his next hits not pounded the maggot into mush exciting him further. He continues reaching out willing the suspended logs to fall on the next victim.

As Azure maintains his attack and defensive position he senses one of his allies has stopped moving, the one responsible for the gargoyles. ”He wasn’t even close to the horrible thing.”, recalling the fear the that washed over him at its despicable things presence. Recalling what the female had said about the Magot’s petrification“They must be able to deal lethal blows beyond their reach!”, he thinks in fear.

At this notion Azure becomes consciously aware that he cannot let anything coming from these beasts hit him. Fear guides Azures decision that he’s not going to fall like his companion. “Not today!", he thinks keeping his "companions" between himself and the enemy.


APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6:
3


A1: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 5:
2
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 140:
4, 2, 4, 4
SDC

A2: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 21:
18
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 100:
4, 1, 3, 2
SDC

A3: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 18:
15
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 80:
2, 2, 1, 3
SDC

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 22:
19
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 50:
1, 2, 1, 1
SDC

A5: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 7:
4
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 70:
2, 2, 2, 1
SDC

A6: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 23:
20
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 100:
3, 3, 2, 2
SDC

A7: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [ 400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 10:
7
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 70:
4, 1, 1, 1
SDC

Auto-Parry Spear:
1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 16:
8
, 1d20+8 = 19:
11
, 1d20+8 = 21:
13
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
,

Auto-Parry TK: Allies Attacked
1d20+4 = 15:
11
, 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 21:
17
,

Dodge Rays 1d20+6 = 26:
20
, 1d20+6 = 18:
12
, 1d20+6 = 21:
15
,
Gaozir
Perception: 1d20:
9

vs HF: 1d20:
17

Vs Magic: 1d20:
12

Vs Psionic: 1d20:
3

D20 JiC: 1d20:
6

D100 JiC: 1d100:
21

APM 2
Initiative: 1d20:
3

Dodge: 1d20+2 = 19:
17
, 1d20+2 = 7:
5
Last edited by Azure on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 39/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 39/39 (5/5) | S.D.C.: 46/75 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear [broken] | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Silhouette » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Per: 1d20:
18

JiC20: 1d20:
1
1d100:
32

Magic:1d20+1 = 21:
20

Psionic:1d20+6 = 19:
13
(+2 vs telepathic probes & mind control)

Condition: -8 SDC on armor.
Chameleon magic active.

Silhouette gleams white from teeth behind tightly pulled lips as her grin and near shout of exultation is interrupted by,"SHIKT!"

Looking to the source of the sound she finds a happily wagging handle as if the tail of a dog. Frowning and crinkling her face she pushes on it making sure she doesn't feel a sudden bout of searing pain, as she is not keen on bleeding out, before pulling on the haft to dislodge it. Spinning it in her oscillating hand attempting to hide itself from reality she almost calls out,"THANK YOU!" as she begins walking towards the vampires before she snaps her lips shut as tight as a clam thinking,"I bet I have as sharp an aim!"

Sliding her knuckles against the broken pieces of her armor, rings of split bamboo falling away with each step, she harrumphs thinking to herself,"Replace you with finger bones next time!" Lifting her armor skirt from the side she pushes the dagger beneath behind her belt tie concealing it behind her chameleon magic,"Perhaps you will come into your own later?"

Looking to the party, she see's Vortigern turn to stone mid-swing and cringes,"I hope that doesn't hurt like it looks!" But she had no solution in her extensive knowledge to turn around such a state and so put no further energy into it as her gaze and ears fall to her captured prey.

Screaming and thrashing the vampires did indeed fall to her trap. Watching the groups rear she lifts her bow nocking an arrow aiming until within twenty feet of them, dismisses the Cloud Smoke, and tries to finish one of the duo...

Init: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

APM 5
1st Action: Yank out the knife; moving
2nd Action: stow the knife; moving;
3rd Action: Begins aiming bow Aimed Called Shot vampire heart; moving
4th Action: Aiming; moving
5th Action: Firing: Strike roll for the heart 1d20+11 = 27:
16
& vanishes Cloud of Smoke.
(Bow: +5, Aimed +3, PP +1, Medical Doctor Skill +2 to staking vampires Per Rifts Vampire Nations)

Note to Xy: We've not gotten to talk about the medical bonus pg 83 to staking vampires yet, your call. Per Vampire Kingdoms a heartshot with bow is critical 20 or 24 or greater on modified roll.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Xy-Djehuti'Snafu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Round Two

Upon seeing his petrified ally, Thorgrim takes no time to respond, grabbing up Vortigern and hefting him to the center of camp near Tyral and Azure. Then wrenching the axe out of the stone hand of the Summoner, Thorgrim rushes to meet the Magot with Titus close in tow. The two slash at the Magot, Thorgrim wielding a weapon in both of his hands cuts at the Magot. Titus for his part looks up at the Magot's head in time to make pure eye to eye contact with one of the three eyes of the Magot. Titus knew what was happening and his mental preparedness saved him as he felt his movements slow for but a second before kicking back up, the petrification attempt failed. Meanwhile, Sera heaved the petrified Gargoyle off of her and immediately rushed towards the second Magot, ending up near Titus.

Her first strike is solid against the Magot but the other two miss her intended target. She too makes eye contact with one of the eyes, however this feeble attempt at petrification fails once more. It is then the trio step back as the Magot is splashed with electrical arcs of lightning followed by a very bright flash as Zephyr's Phantom commanded the Ball Lightning to make a solid hit. The Magot roars in pain and makes a solid connection to Thorgrim, the beast's large left limb striking the barbarian heavy and hard, knocking him back several feet. Then sends a hammer limb towards Sera and Titus, Sera parries with a practiced grace, Titus is not as lucky and takes the blunt impact square in the chest. It is then Rock is seen barreling at the Magot and strikes the beast in a head first takedown, landing well. The Magot is knocked off its feet and quickly kicks the second Barbarian off of itself.

Back in the camp wayside, Azure, Tyral and Silhouette launch their own ranged assault. Relying heavily on the mysticism of his power, Azure finds himself almost completely blinded as his psionic connection seems to simply fade into black. Reacting quickly in his own mind, guided by the fear of petrification and/or death, the Mind Mage Ogre relies on his connection to Gaozir to attempt his assaults. Still guiding the tree he hefted, his initial strikes miss the Magot completely until an an extremely lucky shot connects with it right before his friend, Rock knocks it to the ground. Having lost sight of the Magot due to the rain and reduced vision of Gaozir, he waits for his opening to attack. Tyral for his part immediately casts Armor of Ithan on the petrified Vortigern, realizing that his stone ally is by no means easy to break, he is still defenseless.

Tyral then uses Telekinesis to strike at the same Magot as the remainder of the group only finds the stone harder to control this round. Trying to strike at the eyes, the stone is weaving in and out of the tentacle eyes without making a solid impact. Silhouette dismisses her Cloud of Smoke and is able to see only one of the two vampires still entangled by the Carpet of Adhesion, she takes careful aim and fires at the Vampire and makes a solid connection with the Vampires chest. Unable to see exactly where, she can see the Vampire reel back in pain but it is still moving and trying to untangle itself. She can also tell that this is the one that launched the knife at her, as it has no other weapons of note easily seen.

There is a sudden thunderclap that catches the group off guard, only Tyral, Titus and Zephyr are able to see what took place. The Magot that the Elemental had entangled is arcing with electricity and seems stunned. Zephyr's Elemental is not seen (even by Zephyr), but there is a sudden large lightning strike from above that connects, causing the Magot to fall to the ground. It is still moving but it seems to be on its own death throws as the Elemental is proving more than a match for the evil beast. The three of them immeditately see the Magot in question turn into Mist and seemingly vanish from view.

Tyral and Titus are also able to note that the Second Gargoyle, the larger one, is seemingly toying with the third Magot. Staying behind it and under its eyes as the Magot tries to circle to attack the Gargoyle. The wizard and Wolfen witness the Gargoyle give the Magot a solid heave and knock the frustrated demon over only to be kicked off its own feet as the Magot falls and responds with a kick.

Combat Results
Tyral: -10 ISP, Armor of Ithan to Vortigern
Vortigern: 3 rounds of petrification remain // Gargoyle #1 has 7 rounds of petrification remaining
Zephyr: -20PPE
Silhouette: -1 Arrow
Azure: N/A, Effects remain
Thorgrim: -19 S.D.C. from armor
Titus: -13 S.D.C. from armor
Sera: N/A

Begin Round Three
I don't have a map prepared, but the only difference is Vortigern is now in the center, and Magot 4 has vanished (Not Dead).
Xy-Djehuti'Snafu
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:24 am

Perception [+1]: 1d20:
15
+1=16
Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20:
10
+2=12
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20:
12
+4=16
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20:
12
+4=16
D20 JiC: 1d20:
3

D100 JiC: 1d100:
92


PPE: 120/169

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 4.50 Min]

Tyral flashes his assault stone across the battlesite in the rain as he attempts to smack the Magots in the eyes, *No need to be the one to strike a killing blow, they'll naturally use up efforts to dodge aside rather than be hit in the eye right? ... and the stone can't be turned to stone ...**

He will use his staff to parry anything that comes within melee range.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20:
3


1 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 6:
3
3d6:
3, 6, 2

2 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 12:
9
3d6:
4, 5, 1

3 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 21:
18
3d6:
1, 4, 1

4 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 11:
8
3d6:
5, 1, 1

5 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 10:
7
3d6:
6, 4, 4


Parry w Staff [+8]: 1d20+8 = 10:
2

Parry w TK [+4]: 1d20+4 = 8:
4


Brago
Perception [+1]: 1d20:
19

Vs Magic: 1d20:
3

D20 JiC: 1d20:
9

D100 JiC: 1d100:
54


Prowl [60%]: 1d100:
18


Brago seeths impotently at Tyral's direction but quietly stays closeby without drawing attention.

APM: 2
Initiative [+2]: 1d20:
7


Dodge [+1]: 1d20+1 = 9:
8
1d20+1 = 17:
16
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Sera » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:45 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9:
8

Save vs Magic: 1d20+1 = 11:
10

Save vs Psionic: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JiC: 1d20:
6
// 1d100:
11


Sera scowls as the beast kicks Thorgrim away but is relieved to see Rock joining in on the action. 'Bout bloody time. She thinks to herself as she does a solid downward strike at the Magot as it lay on the ground. She will continue to slash at it in effort to keep it on the ground until it has fallen.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

Parries: 1d20+11 = 13:
2
; 1d20+11 = 20:
9
; 1d20+11 = 12:
1
; 1d20+11 = 28:
17
; 1d20+11 = 21:
10


Action 1: Connect with a downward thrust towards the Magot. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17:
7
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 36:
4, 4, 3, 4

Action 2: Hack at the Magot's feet. Strike: 1d20+10 = 29:
19
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 39:
6, 4, 5, 3

Action 3: Slash across the Magot's chest. Strike: 1d20+10 = 25:
15
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 33:
5, 5, 1, 1

Action 4: Upwards slash across the Magot's body. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17:
7
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 34:
1, 3, 3, 6

Action 5: If still standing, Forward Thrust into Magot's Body. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15:
5
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 33:
4, 4, 1, 3


Contingency: If the Magot dies, she will immediately rush to the other Magot entangled by the gargoyle and proceed with any actions she has remaining as above.
Sera
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:31 am

Per: 1d20+1 = 7:
6

Vs Magic: 1d20+5 = 8:
3

Vs Psionics 1d20:
13

JiC: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
29


Thorgrim tries to roll with the assaulting limb of the Magot as it lands but still feels it's wrecking-ball like power. Thor, having grown up butting with wild mountain goats, feels this is something quite more powerful than he's used too, but not catastrophic by any means. That'll leave a mark on my newly minted armor, the bastard!! He thinks angrily as he recovers from the Magot's blow and charges again. After all, I've a reputation, and can't do worse than the female... Though SHE tossed a stone gargoyle off of her!?
Of a sudden, Thor sees Rock tackle into the monster and laughs heartily as he watches it. "Well done Rock!" Thor bellows, "But, it doesn't count for shite, if you've left him alive, HAHAHA!!" He sarcastically jests with the fellow barbarian, amidst fatal combat and their mortality in conflict with supernatural demons. Such is the humor of Barbarian's.

Thorgrim will continue to lash out at the presently contested Magot with his newly-borrowed axe and will maintain the warclub for parrying with the Magot, or any other assailant that approaches him or nearby ally (Vampires, etc). Once the current opponent seems to be vanquished, Thor will proceed to the Magot fighting the larger (of the two) gargoyle's with the same actions.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2:
1


1. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 11:
5
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 34:
5, 5, 4, 5

2. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 9:
3
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 30:
3, 4, 2, 6

3. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 31:
3, 6, 6, 1

4. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 15:
9
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 36:
5, 6, 4, 6

5. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 23:
17
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 32:
2, 5, 4, 6

*6. Attack (same) Magot: 1d20+6 = 16:
10
, Damage: 4d6+15 = 31:
6, 3, 1, 6


1. Parry: 1d20+11 = 29:
18

2. Parry: 1d20+11 = 26:
15

3. Parry: 1d20+11 = 18:
7

4. Parry: 1d20+11 = 12:
1

5. Parry: 1d20+11 = 29:
18

6. Parry: 1d20+11 = 19:
8


If Thorgrim is hit by any blunt impact he will attempt to Roll with it. Roll: 1d20+6 = 24:
18


*Thor will also reserve one action in an attempt to dodge any single ranged attack, specifically the beam of any petrifying gaze of a Magot: Dodge: 1d20+7 = 25:
18
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Per: 1d20:
13

JiC20: 1d20:
5

JiC100: 1d100:
25


Titus looked into the eye of the monster and survived. He gave a triumphant, "Hmph" at the encounter. Still, he was smart enough to realize he was lucky, instead of good. He could live with that, but luck was finite. It was time to nut up or shut up. He squared up with the magot he was fighting and delivered some fearsome blows on the maggot.

Titus swung a great blow at the monster, then a riposte for a side blow, then two jabs with his polearm, then a hooking, then an uppercut with his weapon.
Strike:
1. 1d20+7 = 20:
13

2. 1d20+7 = 17:
10

3. 1d20+7 = 8:
1

4. 1d20+7 = 27:
20

5. 1d20+7 = 8:
1

6. 1d20+7 = 9:
2


Damage:
1. 3d6+17 = 34:
6, 6, 5

2. 3d6+17 = 29:
5, 3, 4

3. 3d6+17 = 24:
2, 3, 2

4. 3d6+17 = 31:
3, 6, 5

5. 3d6+17 = 30:
5, 4, 4

6. 3d6+17 = 27:
4, 5, 1


Reserve three actions for dodge, if needed. (Thanks Tyral!)
1. 1d20+8 = 10:
2

2. 1d20+8 = 24:
16

3. 1d20+8 = 26:
18


Parries:
1. 1d20+11 = 24:
13

2. 1d20+11 = 14:
3

3. 1d20+11 = 26:
15

4. 1d20+11 = 24:
13

5. 1d20+11 = 17:
6

6. 1d20+11 = 15:
4


Roll with Punch:
1. 1d20+8 = 10:
2

2. 1d20+8 = 20:
12

3. 1d20+8 = 23:
15

4. 1d20+8 = 25:
17

5. 1d20+8 = 15:
7

6. 1d20+8 = 28:
20


Save vs. Magic:
1. 1d20+2 = 9:
7

2. 1d20+2 = 14:
12

3. 1d20+2 = 12:
10

4. 1d20+2 = 15:
13


Save vs. psionics:
1. 1d20:
18

2. 1d20:
14

3. 1d20+2 = 12:
10

4. 1d20+2 = 11:
9
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

JiC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
74

Save vs Magic: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

Save vs Psionic: 1d20+2 = 21:
19


Sense Impurities in Air: 1d100:
47
/50% (Determine if he can locate the misted Magot)

Bloody creature of darkness. If he is mist, I wonder if I could sense him in the air... Zephyr thinks to himself and immediately falls silent in attempt to read the air currents. If he is able to locate him, he will tell his Phantom its general location and have it pose as a sentinel and then redirect his attention to his elemental brother. "Brother, if able, rejoin my companions demon in battling the Magot north of us. We will dispel this one." And then will turn his attention to the Magot that his companions have engaged. Determining he can get a better aerial view, he will Walk the Wind and then unleash two lightning strikes, keeping the third in reserve.

Initiative: 1d20:
20

APM: 5 -- One saved for Dodge. 1d20+5 = 22:
17


Action 1: Sense for the impurities in the air to determine the Magot's location.
Action 2: Direct Phantom to intervene and pose as a sentinel for the missing Magot // Direct Elemental to engage in the northern Magot. Walk the Wind. (-10PPE) He will maneuver approximately 15ft above the center of camp.
Action 3: Summon one more Handful of Lightning. (-20 PPE). Strike: 1d20+5 = 24:
19
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 25:
2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 4

Action 4: Throw a second bolt (keeping third in reserve). Strike: 1d20+5 = 13:
8
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 34:
6, 5, 5, 5, 1, 2


Phantom Perception: 1d20:
5

Save vs Magic: 1d20:
4

JiC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
5


APM3:
Actions 1-3: Sentinel, watching for the Magot to reappear. All actions reserved for Dodge unless the Magot reappears. Dodges; 1d20+7 = 21:
14
, 1d20+7 = 11:
4
, 1d20+7 = 11:
4

If Magot reappears, the phantom will also cast a Handful of Lightning.
Strikes: 1d20+7 = 25:
18
, 1d20+7 = 18:
11
, 1d20+7 = 23:
16

Damages: 6d6+10 = 29:
6, 4, 3, 3, 1, 2
, 6d6+10 = 33:
2, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5
, 6d6+10 = 25:
2, 3, 3, 1, 1, 5
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Azure » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18:
14

Vs Psionics [-1]: 1d20-1 = 13:
14

Vs HF [+2]: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

Vs Magic [+6]: 1d20+6 = 14:
8

D20 JiC: 1d20:
20
/ D100 JiC: 1d100:
29


Conditions: Gaozir’s assisted senses and Minds’s Eye 5.5 minutes. (no bonuses due to rain, 1d100:
5
/46% details (-30% due to rain), 250ft range radar, not surprised), Enhance Reflexes 5.5 minutes, Strength of Mind 5.5 minutes, Telekinesis: Super (300 ft) 400 lbs 5.5 minutes


Azure found his "sight" choked in the rains downpour unable to see. Gaozir also finds it difficult to see farther than a handful of feet ahead despite his literal hawk vision, further preventing Azure from relying on him.

What does one do when in the middle of a fight unable to pick out the ally from enemy?, he thought listening to the clang and grunts in the darkness with the constant patter and din the rainfall creates. He looks left and right as if it would allow him to penetrate the gloom. He hears the twang of a bowstring nearby followed by the hiss of an arrow going away signaling its ownership to someone nearby, one who he hopes is an ally. A flash of light and thunder rolls nearby as something fries, this time he hopes is not an ally.

Azure closes his eyes tuning out the noise to focus his vision, reaching out with his mystic sight. Distraction sinks in as he felt his skin constantly crawling with fear. The situation rails against the natural. Combating monsters such as this is not what he had anticipated. This was crazy! At least in the wastes the danger there are at least flesh and blood of this world, the biggest threat was that of the heat and desert. Those enemies I can understand!, he thought. Why did I think I would find what I was looking for outside the wastes? I should have searched there better. He thinks doubting his decision to come north in the face of this hopeless fight.

Gaozir sensing his despair squawks in alarm breaking him from his turmoil, reminding him that he is still alive in this nightmare. Eyes still closed he reaches out seeking the next victim the massive pair of trunks will take their wrath on. Another arrow twangs somewhere nearby and could be heard hitting home.

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18:
15


A1: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 4:
1
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 80:
1, 4, 1, 2
SDC

A2: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 22:
19
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 70:
1, 2, 1, 3
SDC

A3: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 11:
8
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 90:
3, 2, 3, 1
SDC

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 17:
14
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 90:
2, 2, 2, 3
SDC

A5: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 5:
2
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 100:
4, 1, 2, 3
SDC

A6: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 17:
14
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 100:
3, 3, 1, 3
SDC

A7: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+3 = 11:
8
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 150:
4, 4, 3, 4
SDC

If Azure can see he will move himself keeping allies in between himself and the enemy to keep a front line.

Auto-Parry Spear:
1d20+8 = 26:
18
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10


Auto-Parry TK: Allies Attacked
1d20+4 = 24:
20
, 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 7:
3
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 13:
9
, 1d20+4 = 20:
16


Dodge Rays 1d20+6 = 10:
4
, 1d20+6 = 25:
19
, 1d20+6 = 9:
3



Gaozir

Perception: 1d20:
9

vs HF: 1d20:
5

Vs Magic: 1d20:
6

Vs Psionic: 1d20:
4

D20 JiC: 1d20:
7

D100 JiC: 1d100:
75

APM 2
Initiative: 1d20:
11

Dodge: 1d20+2 = 21:
19
, 1d20+2 = 17:
15
Last edited by Azure on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 39/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 39/39 (5/5) | S.D.C.: 46/75 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear [broken] | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Silhouette » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:15 am

Per: 1d20+1 = 6:
5

JiC 1d20:
6
1d100:
43

Magic:1d20+1 = 8:
7

Psionic1d20+6 = 20:
14
(+2 vs telepathic probes & mind control)
-1 arrows.

Silhouette almost hisses through her teeth as the smoke clears. Her impulse to display her emotions were always railing up against her...education. Silence, obfuscation, concealment of intent were the method, the bylaws of their way, her way, yet inside her instincts were to emote.

Mindful of her ways, becoming cocky in ones concealment is against them as she draws on one of her lessons to quicken and limber her reflexes as she enhances herself with magics like that of feline quickness.

Wood drags lightly against wood grain as Silhouette draws another arrow from the bundle to nock it with a skilled draw of calloused fingers. Peering around for the the second vampire she expects that it is fleeing as she aims at the present ones heart... Keeping mindful that other dangers may spring form the firelit night.

Init: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

APM 5
Condition: Armor -8 SDC/12 sdc left
Chameleon magic
PPE -21 of 92 (Xy, I think you over counted PPE expenditure in last tally. Smoke -2, chameleon -7, carpet -12 )

(Assaulted by a credible danger to her life she will focus on dodging over finishing her strike)
1st Action: Casts Feet of the Cat -6 PPE (Notably +4 balance, +2 dodge, +4 roll with punch)
2nd Action: Aimed Called Shot vampire's heart
3rd Action: Aiming
4th Action: Firing: Strike roll for the heart 1d20+9 = 19:
10
(Bow: +5, Aimed +3, PP +1)
Rolling damage for last strike and this one as, duh, even failed heart piercings are sticking into the chest of course!(wood is double): 2d6:
1, 2
/ 2d6:
4, 4

5th Action: Dodge 1d20+3 = 23:
20
(Against odds that something attacks her concealed butt)
Tumble: Tumbling -- 52% / 1d100:
56
+4 dodge if she is attacked)
Roll w/ punch 1d20+8 = 23:
15

(Bow: +5, Aimed +3, PP +1)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Xy-Djehuti'Snafu » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:49 pm

This round is going to be painful for certain members of the group.
Round Three Results


Upon seeing the Magot vanish from view, he calls upon the elemental forces to feel for impurities in the air. Surely a demonic force posing as a mist would count and to his luck, it paid off. Zephyr is able to feel a demonic force in the air seemingly moving closer as a loud, vicious voice is heard over the rain. "Kill the Archer and the Wizards!" It came from one of the vampires forced to remain due to the Carpet of Adhesion. Zephyr has less than a second before the Magot re-materializes in front of him and took a swipe at him. The Warlock dodged gracefully away and the Magot was then charged by the Phantom as directed by his brother, but not before another member of the group fell victim. As the Magot re-materializes, Silhouette looks to the large demon that stands less than five feet away and her eyes connect with one of the demon's three eyes.

Silhouette feels her body become heavy as her arms come to a stop. The last thing she sees is the Magot that froze her getting thrown a dozen feet away by Zephyr's phantom. His Elemental from above rejoins the Phantom and the two elemental beings begin a physical assault on the Magot, the Phantom's fists seem to spark with electricity as each punch connects. Zephyr walks the wind and travels roughly a dozen feet in the air and begins to form the lightning javelins to throw at the reformed Magot that froze his ally. Azure, seeing the dark-skinned human girl frozen feels his blood boil as he locates the Magot with a precise mental eye and then reels the large chuck of tree back to whiplash the Magot. There is a mental snap that almost brings Azure to his knees only to see with Gaozir's view, the tree coming towards him at a fast rate. The bird is able to dodge out of the way but Azure is less than that lucky as the tree trunk makes a solid impact with the Ogre's head, shattering on impact and causing the ogre to fall back to the ground. Parts of the tree splash across the center of camp but the solidified Silhouette is left alone and Tyral is able to duck out of the way, Zephyr still in the air.

Sera, for her part, is far more focused on the Magot in-front of her and she strikes the beast with a solid blow across the upper chest and the beast falls limp to the ground. Wasting no further time with the now deceased Magot, Sera, Titus and Thorgrim rush towards the northern Magot that is currently engaged with the larger Gargoyle. Where the Gargoyle was once toying with the demon, it is now the one on the defensive until the other three arrive and catch the Magot off guard. Now being pushed back, Sera, Titus and Thorgrim are landing solid hits against the beast, the beast angry tries to connect with its eyes to freeze one or two of the members. The Gargoyle seems the huff a laugh as it not only ignores the eye, it grips the eye tentacle and bites at it. The other two eyes make contact with Titus and Thorgrim, Titus feels the same feeling as before and almost has a sense of invulnerability as none of the Magots have been able to freeze him. Thorgrim, however makes eye contact before swiftly rolling towards the right, away from the eye beam and while he dodges it successfully, he feels a sharp pain in his back as the Magot's left arm connects and sends him flying away. There is the sudden sight of a stone that is attacking the Magot through the air, and though most of its strikes miss, the Stone connects solidly against one of its eyes and the everyone near this Magot can see its center eye bloodied and dangling.

Rock stops Thor's tumble and laughs at his brother "Must I always be catching you!?" and as the two look towards the Magot, they see the demon reel back on both exterior limbs and connect with Titus, hurling him back into Sera. The two fall back a couple of feet but seem no worse for wear as there is a sudden bolt of lightning that splashes over the Magot followed immediately by another bolt. The three of them can look up and see the warlock suspended in the air, still holding another one of his electrical javelins.

Combat Results:
Azure: All personal S.D.C. lost. Tunic did not protect your head, roll to save vs unconsciousness (Just give me a d100, if it beats 50%, you're still conscious.
Sera: -9 S.D.C. from armor from Titus's impact.
Silhouette: Frozen for 3 turns. No PPE/ISP expended due to the Magot freezing you first. Feel free to post a thing of you freezing as Vortigern did.
Thorgrim: -15 S.D.C. from armor from the kick.
Titus: -19 S.D.C. from armor from kick
Tyral: N/A
Vortigern: 2 turns remain on petrification.
Zephyr: -20 PPE

Look at the map posted above. The North Magot is the one everyone is engaging now. The West Magot has reformed and is close to the same general vicinity. The Vampires seem to have disappeared and the rain is still heavy. Of the two that Silhouette stuck, one is lying on the ground seemingly dead and the other one is using its cloths to try to avoid the rain. It's Christmas Eve and I didn't work up a revamped map, family over.

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas
Xy-Djehuti'Snafu
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 am

Perception [+1]: 1d20:
19
+1=20
Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20:
15
+2=17
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20:
1
+4=5
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20:
15
+4=19
D20 JiC: 1d20:
5

D100 JiC: 1d100:
78


PPE: 120/169

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 4.25 Min]

Tyral grips his staff and shivers a bit at the cold and new-damp, ***Got to keep these Magots off balance. Smacking them in the eyes has been good ... Looks like they still try to dodge things and that draws attention. Blast that creature yelling to kill mages.*** He will have the stone smash the Western-Magot in the eyes while maintaining physical distance from the creature while the others ostensibly finish off the 3rd Magot.

The Elf will use his staff to parry anything that comes within melee range, and TK to parry.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20:
9


1 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 21:
18
3d6:
6, 5, 6

2 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 14:
11
3d6:
6, 1, 5

3 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 11:
8
3d6:
5, 6, 2

4 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 9:
6
3d6:
5, 4, 5

5 ~ Strike Magot with Stone 1d20+3 = 12:
9
3d6:
2, 6, 4


Parry w Staff [+8]: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 13:
5
1d20+8 = 9:
1

Parry w TK [+4]: 1d20+4 = 21:
17
1d20+4 = 9:
5


Brago
Perception [+1]: 1d20:
10

Vs Magic: 1d20:
1

D20 JiC: 1d20:
11

D100 JiC: 1d100:
90


Prowl [60%]: 1d100:
93


Brago seeths impotently at Tyral's direction but quietly stays closeby without drawing attention.

APM: 2
Initiative [+2]: 1d20:
6


Dodge [+1]: 1d20+1 = 11:
10
1d20+1 = 18:
17
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Per: 1d20:
15

JiC20: 1d20:
15

JiC100: 1d100:
86


Conditions: -33 off of mail armour

Titus dodged another bout of petrification. He could be cocky now, but realized he needed his wits about him more than ever. Mustn't let my guard down now! He winced as the blow forced him to collide Sara. He helped Sera to her feet and prepared for another rush against the maggots.

"Let's rush him together, Sera!"

As it were, more members of the party had been petrified. The battle needed to end, and quickly. The rain could not keep the remaining vampires at bay forever. First priority was finishing the maggots. Titus prayed to Wolvenar for his blade to be true, and to strike down the beasts he battled

Titus jabbed twice with his halberd, then brought up for a great swing, then swung sideways, finishing with a backhand chop. All the while, he stood ready to block more kicks and dodge the evil stone rays.

Strikes/Actions:
1. Help Sera to her feet
2. Strike: 1d20+7 = 22:
15

3. Strike: 1d20+7 = 14:
7

4. Strike: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

5. Strike: 1d20+7 = 17:
10

6. Strike: 1d20+7 = 25:
18


Damage:
1. 3d6+17 = 29:
2, 5, 5

2. 3d6+17 = 27:
2, 2, 6

3. 3d6+17 = 32:
5, 5, 5

4. 3d6+17 = 26:
1, 4, 4

5. 3d6+17 = 28:
2, 4, 5


Reserve two actions for dodges (if needed):
1. 1d20+8 = 9:
1

2. 1d20+8 = 18:
10


Parry:
1. 1d20+11 = 15:
4

2. 1d20+11 = 27:
16

3. 1d20+11 = 22:
11

4. 1d20+11 = 17:
6

5. 1d20+11 = 19:
8

6. 1d20+11 = 23:
12


Roll with Punch:
1. 1d20+8 = 20:
12

2. 1d20+8 = 16:
8

3. 1d20+8 = 28:
20

4. 1d20+8 = 21:
13

5. 1d20+8 = 14:
6

6. 1d20+8 = 27:
19


Save vs. Magic:
1. 1d20+2 = 3:
1

2. 1d20+2 = 7:
5

3. 1d20+2 = 21:
19

4. 1d20+2 = 10:
8

5. 1d20+2 = 16:
14

6. 1d20+2 = 22:
20


Save vs. Psionic:
1. 1d20:
1

2. 1d20:
18

3. 1d20:
20

4. 1d20:
18
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

JiC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
78

Save vs Magic: 1d20+7 = 24:
17
/ 1d20+7 = 11:
4
/ 1d20+7 = 10:
3

Save vs Psionic: 1d20+2 = 13:
11


Conditions: Walk the Wind (Duration: 24:45sec)

Only downside with being in the air is a higher target.. Zephyr thinks to himself as he levels his final Lightning Javelin at the Northern Magot. I am running low on reserves... too low. Zephyr thinks to himself and scowls, he certainly is not accustomed to such a drawn out fight. Summoning one final Handful of Lightning, he holds onto the spears and will direct his Elemental brother and Phantom from above, more keen on using their elemental magic reserves than his own. "Brother, I need you to call upon the lightning to end your enemy quickly! Once done, sweep the area of the Vampires and use any means necessary to push them further away." He says in elemental to his elemental, then turns to his Phantom. "Help my allies defeat their foe, hold nothing back but do nothing that could harm them." Once he finishes his orders, he will launch one of the three spears and dodge as necessary.

Initiative: 1d20:
19

APM: 5
Dodge as required: 1d20+5 = 9:
4
/ 1d20+5 = 24:
19
/ 1d20+5 = 20:
15
/ 1d20+5 = 16:
11
/ 1d20+5 = 6:
1


Action 1: Launch his final spear at the Magot Sera, Titus and Thorgrim are attacking. Strike: 1d20+3 = 6:
3
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 26:
3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 3

Action: 2-3: Direct his Elemental and Phantom, being very specific and taking an entire action to ensure they understand his orders each.
Action 4: Summon yet another Handful of Lightning and Launch one of the spears. Strike: 1d20+3 = 16:
13
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 34:
3, 5, 4, 5, 1, 6

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge

Phantom Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

APM: 3
Duration of Phantom: 44:15m

Action 1: Handful of Lightning. Strike: 1d20+7 = 11:
4
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 31:
4, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4

Action 2: Second Spear. Strike: 1d20+7 = 27:
20
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 29:
3, 1, 5, 4, 5, 1

Action 3: Third Spear. Strike: 1d20+7 = 20:
13
; Damage: 6d6+10 = 36:
4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 6


Elemental Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14:
11

APM: 6
Parries: 1d20+3 = 15:
12
/ 1d20+3 = 6:
3
/ 1d20+3 = 17:
14
/ 1d20+3 = 7:
4
/ 1d20+3 = 8:
5
/ 1d20+3 = 10:
7


Action 1: Lightning Fist the Western Magot. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22:
19
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 31:
5, 5, 4
(-12PPE per Melee)
Action 2: Lightning Fist. Strike: 1d20+3 = 12:
9
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 28:
5, 1, 5

Action 3: Lightning Fist. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 26:
2, 6, 1

Action 4: Lightning Fist. Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
17
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 28:
4, 1, 6

Action 5: Lightning Fist. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11:
8
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 26:
6, 2, 1

Action 6: Lightning Fist. Strike: 1d20+3 = 16:
13
, Damage: 3d6+17 = 27:
1, 3, 6


Elemental Contingency: If he kills the Magot, he will sweep the area of the Vampires casting Wind Rush and Further Rain / Globe of True Sunlight to repel and kill them.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Per: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

Save vs Magic: 1d20+5 = 18:
13

Save vs Psionics: 1d20:
15

JiC: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
67


Thorgrim replies to Rock, "Ha! ...That you would be so lucky, you oaf! Hahaha! Come now let's finish this thing off!"

With that, Thorgrim hefts his weapons in each fist and throws himself back into the attack against the (northern) Magot. I will fell this ugly thing!

Thor attacks with both weapons as before in order to deal as much damage as possible. The massive barbarian hacks and bludgeons the Magot simultaneously with great skill.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 18:
17

APM: 6

*Will save one action to dodge any eye beam attacks, if necessary: 1d20+7 = 19:
12

*If Thor sustains any blunt attacks he will attempt to roll w/ the impact: 1d20+6 = 12:
6


Action 1: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18:
12
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 16:
2, 1
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 26:
1, 6, 1, 3


Action 2: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26:
20
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 18:
3, 2
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 32:
4, 5, 4, 4


Action 3: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 15:
9
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 16:
2, 1
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 23:
5, 1, 1, 1


Action 4: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 11:
5
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 20:
3, 4
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 24:
2, 3, 3, 1


Action 5: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18:
12
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 18:
2, 3
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 30:
1, 6, 4, 4


Action 6: Simul-attack on northern Magot. Strike: 1d20+6 = 19:
13
Warclub damage: 2d4+13 = 17:
2, 2
War Axe damage: 4d6+15 = 28:
3, 1, 5, 4
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:53 am

Sorry, I forgot my init roll: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Vortigern » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 pm

The Vort Abides.

The remaining/intact Gargoyle continues fighting the Magot that it is currently engaged with, attempting to use the advantage it possesses in speed and agility to advantage. It tries to circle towards the back of the creature, pressing in an attempt to keep the Magot defensive and vulnerable. However as it seeks a position for advantage, it moves quickly, nimbly, always avoiding the raw power of the massive Demon it faces. Sliding away from direct conflict and any contest of strength, it instead seeks only to harry and wound the other monstrosity when it can do so with relative safety to itself.

[OOC:

Gargoyle #2:

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15:
13


Attack: 1d20+7 = 15:
8
Damage: 5d6+19 = 32:
3, 6, 1, 2, 1
Parry: 1d20+8 = 15:
7
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
(+4 if flying) Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+8 = 27:
19

Attack: 1d20+7 = 24:
17
Damage: 5d6+19 = 35:
1, 3, 4, 6, 2
Parry: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 25:
17
(+4 if flying) Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+8 = 26:
18

Attack: 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Damage: 5d6+19 = 36:
5, 5, 3, 2, 2
Parry: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 28:
20
(+4 if flying) Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+8 = 27:
19

Attack: 1d20+7 = 23:
16
Damage: 5d6+19 = 31:
1, 1, 5, 1, 4
Parry: 1d20+8 = 24:
16
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 26:
18
(+4 if flying) Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+8 = 10:
2

Attack: 1d20+7 = 10:
3
Damage: 5d6+19 = 38:
5, 6, 1, 6, 1
Parry: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 19:
11
(+4 if flying) Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+8 = 12:
4


JIC/Magic: 1d20+7 = 20:
13

JIC/Magic: 1d20+7 = 11:
4

JIC/Magic: 1d20+7 = 26:
19

JIC/Psionic: 1d20+1 = 4:
3


Intent: Press the attack if possible, but priority is to defense. Dodge any attack that makes it through a parry, and roll with impact any landing blow.

/OOC]
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Azure » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 8:
4

Vs Psionics [-1]: 1d20-1 = 15:
16

Vs HF [+2]: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

Vs Magic [+6]: 1d20+6 = 17:
11

D20 JiC: 1d20:
13
/ D100 JiC: 1d100:
59


Conditions: Gaozir’s assisted senses and Minds’s Eye 5.25 minutes. (no bonuses due to rain, 5./46% details (-30% due to rain), 250ft range radar, not surprised), Enhance Reflexes 5.25 minutes, Strength of Mind 5.25 minutes, Telekinesis: Super (300 ft) 400 lbs 5.25 minutes.

Azure blinks, blinks again. Stupefied he stands there wobbling in place. He could still see the mental impression Gaozir imparted of a massive spear headed right for him, a tree he himself was controlling. It nailed him square in the head. Why did I not see that coming? I should have seen that coming. Why didn’t I move, at least have flinched or jerked or something!” Azure doubts himself questioning his impairment to acting in his own defense. I saw it coming, Gaozir at least has sense enough to avoid it…, recalling his minds eye and Gaozir’s mental impressions.

Azures head throbs from the impact. Blood drips superficially down the side of his head and over his ear tickling it. I am bleeding, Azure touches it feeling the stickiness between his fingers that is quickly washed away by the rainfall. [Uses Resist Damage].

Fear starts to build up in Azure as he reassesses the fighting taking place around him. He senses three of his allies still now motionless. Very few of the enemy has fallen. Only one giant fell to his trunks mighty blows, another disappeared in the rain as if going up in smoke to reappear next to them. We are not going to survive! Azure thinks in panic as the massive monsters suddenly appears in close proximity to him. He backs away creating distance from himself as he unconsciously braces for another blow. [Strength of Mind, refreshing duration and adding +20 SDC]

Azure concentrates willing the logs to smash into the giant monster well above and away from himself and his allies fearful of a repeat incident still unsure of his previous failings.


APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16:
13


A1: Uses Resist Damage 25 ISP [(all dmg is -5)/2]

A2: Use SoM 8 ISP +20 SDC 6 min

A3: Psychic Body Field 25 ISP +130 SDC AR 18

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 120:
4, 2, 3, 3
SDC

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+4 = 5:
1
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 130:
3, 4, 2, 4
SDC

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+4 = 14:
10
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 130:
4, 4, 2, 3
SDC

A4: Telekinesis: Super attack with logs closest Magot or vamp [400 lbs]
Atk: 1d20+4 = 18:
14
Dmg: 4d4*10 = 100:
3, 2, 1, 4
SDC

Azure will move to keep allies in between himself and the enemy to keep a front line buffer avoiding melee ranges.

Auto-Parry Spear:
1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14


Auto-Parry TK: Allies Attacked
1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 21:
17


Dodge as needed against rays or attacks that are not parried succesfully 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 22:
16
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
,

Gaozir

Perception: 1d20:
14

vs HF: 1d20:
16

Vs Magic: 1d20:
1

Vs Psionic: 1d20:
7

D20 JiC: 1d20:
11

D100 JiC: 1d20:
15


APM 2
Initiative: 1d20:
19

Dodge: 1d20+2 = 6:
4
, 1d20+2 = 13:
11
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 39/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 39/39 (5/5) | S.D.C.: 46/75 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear [broken] | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Sera » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14:
13

JiC: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
4

Save vs Magic: 1d20+1 = 20:
19
/ 1d20+1 = 7:
6

Save vs Psionic: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

Save vs HF: 1d20+1 = 14:
13


Sera gets up with a low growl and readies her blade. She looks to Thorgrim and Titus to ensure they are alive and well saying "Titus, Thor? Are you alright?", and then charges the Magot in question with a solid thrust with her sword. She follows up with another upwards cut and immediately brings the blade back down across the Magot's eyes. She'll preform a backflip to get out of the danger zone and then jump forward, arcing her blade down and slicing straight down the Magot. If this is the best our enemy can muster, then none of them will be worth anything until the leader himself.. She thinks to herself, some of her confidence filtering into her thoughts as she assaults her enemy.

APM: 5
Auto-Parries: 1d20+12 = 24:
12
/ 1d20+12 = 25:
13
/ 1d20+12 = 19:
7
/ 1d20+12 = 28:
16
/ 1d20+12 = 18:
6
--- She will also use these parries to parry any incoming strike towards Titus or Thorgrim as she sees them.
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16:
15


Action 1: Charge with a thrust towards the magot. Strike: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 33:
3, 1, 5, 3

Action 2: Continue with an Upwards Slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 30:
20
(Nat 20)
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 36:
4, 3, 2, 6

Action 3: Followthrough with a downward horizontal cut across the eyes. Strike: 1d20+10 = 28:
18
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 38:
4, 4, 4, 5

Action 4: Preform a Backflip to get out of the way of any attack. Backflip: 1d100:
42
/47% // Dodge: 1d20+9 = 26:
17

Action: Jump forward, thrusting sword in the air and then bringing it down against the Magot. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15:
5
; Damage: 4d6+21 = 29:
3, 2, 1, 2


Will Dodge as needed: 1d20+9 = 10:
1
/ 1d20+9 = 13:
4
Sera
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Xy-Djehuti'Snafu » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 am

Round Four Results

Lightning flashes through the air over everyone's head as it makes almost instantaneous contact with its intended target. The electrical current splashes across the demonic Magot and it reels back in pain. The moment the lightning connects the beast is slashes by both the female hunter and the large male barbarian. The cuts run deep in the Magot and Sera can tell it's demonic regeneration, much like that if it's allies, is worthless against such an assault. The two follow through with another flurry of cuts and slashes as Vortigern's second gargoyle returns to the fray with a startling vengeance.

As Sera and Thorgrim cut away at the beast, a large rock makes a perfect strike against one of the Magot's eyes, leaving it bloodied and withering. There is a pause in the Magot and Sera can see it's large limb about to connect before the beast sputters and stops. A crunching sound is heard as Sera, Titus and Thorgrim each immediately notice a bulge in the beasts chest. It quickly erupts and reveals a large, gray hand that appears bloodied as the demon falls to the floor, Vortigern's gargoyle finishing the beast with a snarl.

No time to pause, the group turns and looks at the final Magot just in time to see Zephyr's elemental electrify the Magot. It appears to try to turn into mist, but the Elemenatal has it by the tentacles connecting its eyes, the electricity from the elemental's fists arcing through the Magot's body, causing the demon to begin to smolder and fall. The final vampire Silhouette had stuck had faded away due to the rain moments earlier and there seem to be scattered remnants of the fleeing vampires.

There are three noticeable thuds through the rain as Vortigern, Silhouette and the first gargoyle each reanimate and fall to the ground. Vortigern falls backwards, still in his state of shock from when he saw the Magot's fist coming at him with no recollection of what had transpired since. Silhouette, for her part, only lapsed a few seconds but immediately notices that there is no immediate threat. Vortigern's gargoyles fly to their master's side and appear to enter a protective stance, whether if by force of will or choice only Vortigern will know. Vortigern does notice a change in their demeanor's, suggestion they accept his command considering his now known enemies.

The group looks around at their now wet gear and startled steeds who shockingly did not try to run during the combat. Confused, they recenter on the ember that is there campfire and suddenly hear a clapping through the rain. Worn out and noticeably tired, yet still on edge, the group turns to look upon the clapper and see a robed man approaching. The horses and Silhouette's donkey rear back as if about to take off but then fall on their knees as if too afraid to move.

Sera, Tyral, Titus, and Zephyr can see something very strange about the man almost instantly and that is the bone necklace that he wears, when he speaks it sends chills down the groups collective spines. "Well done, well done. I must say I am impressed. I knew you would dispatch my minions, though I did expect it to take a tad longer so kudos, I underestimated you." He says in a chilling voice that is followed by an immediate grin. Everyone in the group gets a horrible vibe from the unidentified man and Tyral specifically can see that he is carrying a large sack that is full if lumpy.

"You know" The man continues approaching, his finger up as if revealing some great secret "I never expected Elias to send such obviously capable warriors to interfere with my plans but he continues to surprise me. Hmph." He states, stopping about 20ft from the campsite. The group feels a collective urge to rush the cloaked man but everyone (and I mean everyone, even the gargoyles) has a knot in their stomach as if it were a foreboding sense, as if doing so is walking into an ambush. Only Sera and Azure are able to think straight in the immediate presence of the man. After placing the sack on the ground, he opens his arms wide and finally finishes his monologue with "Well, here I am. How shall we proceed?"

The man's question leaves everyone practically speechless though three members of the group have an odd feeling. Vortigern recognizes this man as an outcast from the Western Empire, banished from his homeland for such dark practices it made even the leading figures nervous. Sera recognizes this man as a Necromancer, one that is currently being hunted by her order and her sister order, the Witch Hunters. Each of them have the same name, Vladimir, though his house name has long since been abandoned. Tyral recognizes that he is the master the mad mage in the alley spoke of, from his scrying with the crystal ball to the mention from Solomon. Everyone else in the group feels evil emanate from this man, Azure can recognize that it is indeed emanating as though psionically induced. (Much like your empathetic transmissions) Otherwise, while everyone wants to kill this man on mere principle, no one can move.

Combat Results
Silhouette, Vortigern, Gargoyle #1 all unpetrified.
No other negatives, the Telekinesis attacks were still active and Zephyr did not make it to his final lightning volley.

The man is currently to the southeast of the map provided, near where the second Magot died though closer to camp.
Note: Everyone feels a sense of extreme caution when the man speaks. Yes, this is a Horror Factor. Everyone roll HF check.
OOC Note: This is the GM telling you not to re-engage in combat, you still can but it is ill-advised.
Xy-Djehuti'Snafu
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Sera » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:04 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JiC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
71

Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 24:
20

Save vs Magic: 1d20+1 = 13:
12

Intelligence: 1d100:
48
/55%

Conditions: Mind Block (30minutes)

Sera rolls her shoulders as the Magot falls and almost nods in approval at the gargoyle before she remembers what it is. Bloody thing is a demon, I shouldn't be approving of its existence. Looking to the last Magot fall, she sighs as she can no longer see any immediate thread and rolls her neck and looks at her sword. Haven't been able to give you exercise like this since Kaash, eh Monica? Shaking her head, she returns to camp with the others before she hears the clap. Once she does, her sword immediately falls to the ready as she reels around to see a face she recognizes. Once she sees who it is, her activates her mental block to protect her mind, partially aware of his capabilities.

Under her breathe, she will state to the group "His name is Vladimir, he is a necromancer and a dangerous foe. He's been hunted for years." and will then let the necromancer continue his talk with barely contained anger. Her grip on her sword tightening as the rain splashes her face, when he finishes his monologue she will nod and step forward. "Why have you come before us knowing you are a sworn enemy? This is suicidal even for one of your nature, why are you here and how do you know Elias?" She questions, the twisting feeling in her gut staying her blade as her eyes dart from the Necromancer to the trees and the surrounding darkness.
Sera
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Per: 1d20:
11

JiC20: 1d20:
14

JiC100: 1d100:
42


Titus looked down at his armour, a couple of kicks have smashed rings and torn links. It was not very good for the wolfen, but he felt himself stronger than the armour. Then again, the armour was good for one more hit, then it would fall apart. He needed to patch. No time for that now. There was a stranger among the group, professing to be a friend. Titus dug into his belt patch and found the maple candy. He tossed one to Sil, and pushed the second one into his mouth.

"Vladimir, my mates believe you have come for a fight. I will match you, or I will hear you out if you have anything to see. It was your minions that attacked as my armour is bashed. Your test is not friendly, though we have suffered

He sucked the hard candy. "We are after greater enemies than yours. Help us, or be on your way!"
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Per: 1d20+1 = 9:
8

Save vs HF: 1d20:
4

Save vs Magic: 1d20+5 = 20:
15

Save vs Psionics: 1d20:
5

JiC: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
42


"...Well, these monsters are all dead or driven from here by now. I hope they weren't just coming over to share our fire, haha. It all happened so fast, ya know?". Thor jests sarcastically with the group. Filled with mirth at the conclusion of their success at some major combat. Still a shame my armor seems to have been picked apart yet again. Although, not by Titus this time heheheh.

The large barbarian's humorous mood turns sour quickly once he hears the sharp clapping and the sinister new comer enters the presence of his party's company. Bastard! This is the one we seek. Easy, Thor, don't be hasty and foolish... The safety of the children is what is at stake. Thor tries to calm himself, as opposed to throwing himself at the Necromancer, even though this is what he'd truly like to do. Instead, Thor casually shakes out his massive limbs and rolls his head back and forth preparing his body for another fight. Once done he walks forward of his friends; placing himself just in front of them facing the Necromancer. Thor, not one for words, stands there as an imposing pillar of steel and muscle with weapons in fists as he simply grunts in acknowledgement of the ...puny, ugly, girly... Necromancer. "ERH!"
Intimidate (30%): 1d100:
35
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:06 pm

OOC: Time elapsed 1 Min (to get folks unpetrified) and Physical description per YIM with Xy.

Perception [+1]: 1d20:
18
+1=19
+1Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20:
16
+2=18
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20:
12
+4=16
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20:
6

D20 JiC: 1d20:
4

D100 JiC: 1d100:
33


Lore: Magic [72%]: 1d100:
24

Recognize Enchantment [60%]: 1d100:
12

Recognize Magic [45%]: 1d100:
32


PPE: 120/169 [-54, possibly 4 more]

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 3.00 Min]

Tyral watches the large log smack the Ogre, ***Oww? That looked like it hurt. I wonder who blindsided him ... I'f you're blind, isn't everyside your blindside? Initially whoever picked that thing up was smacking at Magots. Hopefully it was one of us, but with that attack on the Ogre. I would suspect the Jungle-Girl but she's a statue, Vortigern too, and everyone else seems to be pretty active in attacking. Well, everyone except the Ogre himself. He's just been standing there ... Oh good the last of the Demons has fallen.*** The Elf walks over to Titus and lays a pair of fingers on the Wolfen's mail shirt [Mend the Broken, 25PPE = +30 SDC Repaired], then turns to Thorgrimm [Mend the Broken, 25PPE = +30 SDC Repaired] before laying his gaze on Zephyr "Any chance you can handle this Rain? ... damn we should have put up tents ..." Then, he creates a pair of Globe of Daylight [-4PPE = 2 Globes of Daylight, 15 Min], 1 to dispatch to the East, 1 West at a slight elevation. He will look over to the Ogre who didn't seem to be doing much during the fight,"Crusher ... Were you the one swinging the log about?"

*Kind of hope so because I don't feel like trying to hide a big-ass Ogre who will stand there and do nothing during a crawl through some natural dungeon sporting vampires and demonspawn ... **

About then he notices the approach of the dark robed Necromancer clapping in the darkness and hears Sera's recognition, **Vladimir? .. Seems human, cloaked, bone necklace is kind of creepy. A Western accent, but clean shaven out in the middle of nowhere ... interesting. If that sack bears the parts of the children of Llorn Necromancer you will be blinded and your tongue carved out so we can return you to beg mercy from their families ...** When the man halts to set down his sack, Tyral frowns and clears his throat to speak, but refrains given that so many others have engaged. Instead, the Wizard moves wordlessly forward to stand alongside whoever has most closely approached.

**Brago, this human is trouble. If you can catch his scent on the wind, remember it well. He is our prey.** If the man moves aggressively, Tyral will cast Increase Weight on his bone necklace [-4PPE, +500lbs, 100min], otherwise he will listen.

OOC: this will not repair the armors fully, Thorgrim was @ -34 S.D.C. and Titus was @ -31 S.D.C.

Brago
Perception [+1]: 1d20:
15
+1=16
Vs HF [+9]: 1d20:
7
+9=15
Vs Magic: 1d20:
9

D20 JiC: 1d20:
16

D100 JiC: 1d100:
81


Track [90%]: 1d100:
61

Prowl [60%]: 1d100:
97


Brago walks at Tyral heel beginning to sniff at the air despite the foul odors of Magot blood and the rain.

APM: 2
Initiative [+2]: 1d20:
10


OOC: Edited to add skill rolls & remove speech by Tyral, it seems unnecessary if everyone else is speaking.
Last edited by Tyral on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

Save vs HF: 1d20+2 = 14:
12

Save vs Magic: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

Lore, Magic: 1d100:
28
/50%
Intelligence: 1d100:
19
/46%
JiC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
61


Conditions: Conditions: Walk the Wind (Duration: 23:45sec), Mind Block Activated (50min duration, -10 ISP)

Staying afloat in the air, Zephyr takes a solid look around the battlefield. From his allies to the defeated corpses of their enemies in slight approval and slight disdain. A sad thought, that an evil like this can exist in this world... he thinks.

Tyral wrote: "Any chance you can handle this Rain? ... damn we should have put up tents ..."

When he asks this of Zephyr, the warlock will nod and say "Not a problem." before turning to his Phantom. "We need this rain calmed, Calm the Storm, Spectre." Zephyr commands and the Phantom will acknowledge and do as instructed. Deciding it better to use his Phantom's capabilities versus his own powers which are becoming strained.

Upon hearing the clapping, he reals around in the air and locks on to the approaching cloaked man and he feels a twist in his stomach as his brow furrows. He turns back to his Elemental brother and Phantom assistant, saying "Gale, I want you above with me, behind the unknown man. Keep an eye on the surrounds for any other surprises. Spectre, stay near the center of camp and be ready to intervene if necessary." Zephyr commands his Phantom and his Elemental and then he scowls when Sera reveals his identity. A Necromancer? Bold, this one is... he thinks, lowering himself to just a dozen feet above the ground and activating his mental block.

When Vladimir finishes his introduction, Zephyr's eyes dart to the sack he places on the ground and he asks "What is in the sack, Vladimir? Why have you instigated conversation, what do you hope to gain?" Zephyr asks aloud to the necromancer and while he doesn't call any lightning, he is ready to summon anything he needs.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Vortigern » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:01 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7:
6

JIC: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d100:
81

HF: 1d20+4 = 24:
20

[OOC: Vortigern attempts to place the name, including origin/house if possible, with the face and obvious elements of history available about the figure in front of him. In addition if there is any potential active magic/illusion or the like to notice, Vort is trying. Is this 'really' the Necromancer, or is this a disguised underling/demon or the like for example? Not that Vort is necessarily entitled to know, but he is trying to perceive and feel out what he can.

Perception for inspection of 'The Guy': 1d20+1 = 16:
15

History: 1d100:
49
/70
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100:
76
/60
Recognize Magic: 1d100:
32
/40
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
54
/65
Lore: Magic: 1d100:
96
/60
Lore: Undead: 1d100:
85
/55

Checks below to reflect Vort's attempt at 'diplomacy'.

Public Speaking: 1d100:
48
/60
Barter: 1d100:
33
/45
Streetwise: 1d100:
62
/28

/OOC]
When Vortigern unfreezes he jerks, raising his shield even as his legs give way and he falls backwards, before rolling away from his opponent through the mud... an opponent who is no longer there. Once he realizes this, he pauses to look around and get his bearings while he drags himself up to his feet. Slowly he seems to calm and make his way over towards the others, his shoulders heaving as he draws in heavy breaths inside of his helm. When his Gargoyles return to guard him, he gives them a quick inspection for damage/wear, and an appreciative chuff with a fist on their chest each. "Well done." he says, his voice resonating out from under the steel of his faceplate. Then he turns and looks about the battlefield seeming a bit confused, his hand going to his belt and feeling the empty ring there that would normally hold his axe.

Once the Necromancer reveals himself Vortigern's attention shifts over to him completely. He looks intently at the man, standing silently for a long set of breaths as the 'otherness' the man exudes twists his guts. Yet he holds this, mostly, within until he has control over himself once again. Only then does he begin to act.

Vortigern hesitates for a moment as he starts to move, pausing for an unconcealed moment in which he gathers himself and looks around at his fellows before gritting his teeth and starting to step forward. As he moves he re-slings his shield around over one shoulder to rest against his back. Stepping fully forward after this he reaches up to pull off his helm, unfasten his coif, and uncover his face. As he moves forward the Gargoyle to either side of him, snarling and assuming a looming almost menacing posture as they guard him, flank him but instinctively seem to fade a few paces behind as he makes to speak to the new arrival.

Once his face is revealed, he gives a thin smile towards the Vladimir, once again looking around at his allies and raising a hand reassuringly before turning back towards the necromancer and giving the man a inclination of his head and raises a hand in a knightly saluting gesture. "The Lady has introduced you, more or less, I believe, countryman. Very well. I am Sir Vortigern Taerea, formerly of Iyancine. It is good to hear a Western bent to a tongue." he says, his smile broadening just a bit as he gives the man a greeting with both knightly and sorcerous decorum. He holds his helm before his abdomen, crossing his hands over it and assuming an easy stance there. "I shall, towards the expedient of showing that our interests are not entirely contradictory, be blunt and candid. It is believed you have in your possession several hostages which I have been hired to recover. I am not averse however to doing so in a peaceful manner if it is possible." he says, moving his helm over to slip a strap through his belt to let it hang. This frees up his hands so that he can gesture as he speaks. "I would be willing to negotiate any honorable and reasonable ransom for their return. Such that we might part without more destruction or bloodshed, and without making unnecessary enemies. If you have a counter proposal, Sir, I am quite willing to listen. Otherwise, I would regret to say our interests will collide. In which case, countryman or no, I would be forced by circumstance to see mine own through with all Art and Prowess I could muster." he says, giving something of a wry grin towards the end even as he once again inclines his head towards Vladimir.
Last edited by Vortigern on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Silhouette » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:08 am

Per: 1d20+1 = 11:
10

JIC: 1d20:
1
1d100:
50


Horror Factor: 1d20+6 = 26:
20


Tumbling -- 52% /1d100:
59

Lore: Undead -- 42% /1d100:
72

Lore: Magic -- 52% /1d100:
57

Recognize Magic(not properties): 18% 1d100:
83


Slumping toward the ground whole again in flesh Silhouette rolls against the impact so that the near crumpled face planting heap becomes instead a disheveled, muddy, and rain washed girl sitting on her rear looking bewildered. Scanning the field of Magots and mud taken aback by the conflicts sudden end and grateful not to be alone she cheers in elven,"Pretty Eyes! I am alright, we are alright!"

Getting her feet under her to join them, her hand sinking into grass topped by soaked leaves and muddy loam below, she moves to their collective safety feeling a creeping up her spine as if the night wished her to disgorge her last meal. Pinching her nose and dropping the arrow she was holding against the scent of wafting carrion the changeling cries pitifully in elven"Ugh, those smell sooooo bad when they die...uh..." Pausing at her conundrum as she wonders of the Magots,"Were they alive to start as she follows the gaze of her allies so affected as she is by the pale aura of the Necromancer.

"Oh!" Through her pinched nose she hastily tries to retrieve her arrow as her face twists against the deathly smell of the nearing necromancer. Beginning to act now with purpose rather than reacting now that her faculties and body were no longer mired by the heavy gaze of the Magot she chooses to forgo the shaft instead to crouch behind Titus for protection. Peeking from under his arm as a fearful yet still curious child she takes the candy from Titus hopeful that it will override the stench as she asks mouth impeded by candy and nasally from her pinched nostrils,"Priddy Ayes, what did the monther thay?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Azure » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 15:
11

Vs Psionics [-1]: 1d20-1 = 5:
6

Vs HF [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

Vs Magic [+6]: 1d20+6 = 26:
20

D20 JiC: 1d20:
6
/ D100 JiC: 1d100:
3


Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100:
77
/ 35%

Conditions: Gaozir’s assisted senses and Minds’s Eye 4.0 minutes. (no bonuses due to rain if still raining, 5./46% details (-30% due to rain), 250ft range radar, not surprised), Enhance Reflexes 4.0 minutes, Strength of Mind 6.0 minutes, Telekinesis: Super (300 ft) 400 lbs 4.0 minutes.

Uses: Telepathy: Superior 8 ISP 6 min, See Aura 6 ISP, refreshing Alter Aura 2d4:
4, 2
2 ISP.

Azure senses the last of the magots and vampires fall to the mighty blows of his remaining allies. Much of the fear and anxiety washes away with the remains of the vampires. Those stricken by the magots gaze regain their identities and begin moving about prompting Azure to audibly sighs in relief, They are alive?! How did they come back from death? [Uses Telepathy: Superior 8 ISP, see below] Azures mind wanders toward the others seeking answers that will ward him of confusion, What were those giants!? What are the vampires, and why does rain melt them? How are the others not dead, they were not moving??

In the emptiness that follows traumatic events he vaguely recalls, …did Rock knock a giant monster over?

Azure hears a clapping that pulls him from his immediate concerns. A robed man strolling through the muck with wet sucking sounds. A wash of emotion comes over Azure, feelings similar to his own as if they were reflected back at himself. He is trying to manipulate us., Azure thinks contemplating the man in robes.

The man done introducing himself stops only ten paces from the camp. He’s confident., Azure thinks his face hardening, Probably very dangerous. [Uses See Aura 6 ISP]
The man finishes speaking leaving Azure to wonder,Who is Elias?, Azures presumes is an associate of his companions. His mind again wanders seeking answers, this time from the visitor. What does he want, who is he, where did he come from?

Azure moves behind his allies as the creepy man spread his arms wide, "Well, here I am. How shall we proceed?"

Azure has no choice but to wait to see. Can't likely escape., he thinks considering how fast the monsters had moved before cutting them off.

/OOC
Telepathy: Superior 8 ISP 250 ft probe/ 500ft two-way communications 6 min
(1 min worth of attempts for information gathering on the team, randomly dispersed, 28 in total. One save per attempt with approx. Note: A successful save doesn't detect it unless you have abilities that allow it. Even still the source is unknown. 3-4 per team member. The D100 rolls are for see or hear parts of the memories associated with the thoughts read (49% chance). Feel free to add or embellish your character history and other details as you see fit fellas. Surface thoughts, deep thoughts, and subconscious thoughts the character doesn’t even consciously know. I will attempt to drive any story you desire from it as well as my own. At this time nothing will be learned that you do not wish Azure to learn.)

(Azure will search the necromancers mind with as many attempts that are needed over the course of the conversation for anything that sheds light on why he attacked, what he wants, whats with the children, etc, the who, when, what, where, why, and how.)

Lovely wall of dice.
1d100:
49
, 1d100:
63
, 1d100:
68
, 1d100:
94
, 1d100:
5
, 1d100:
93
, 1d100:
96
, 1d100:
86
, 1d100:
36
, 1d100:
42
, 1d100:
13
, 1d100:
89
, 1d100:
47
, 1d100:
72
, 1d100:
15
, 1d100:
35
, 1d100:
9
, 1d100:
82
, 1d100:
22
, 1d100:
45
, 1d100:
48
, 1d100:
30
, 1d100:
31
, 1d100:
43
, 1d100:
1
, 1d100:
75
, 1d100:
48
, 1d100:
40
.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 39/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 39/39 (5/5) | S.D.C.: 46/75 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear [broken] | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Xy-Djehuti'Snafu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 pm

A few moments past

Vladimir laughs out loud, his hands moving to his chest as he arches his back. The laugh seems partially artificial if not condescending in its nature though it quickly fades and his eyes level to the group, his eerie grin returning to his face. "So many questions, so little answers. Oh the things that haunt the confused." He says with a half-cocked grin before looking to Vortigern. He points at the summoner and nods "This one, I like. Quick to negotiate, some of you could learn something from him." He says, his eyes tracing towards Sera then Tyral and Titus. Shaking his head, he walks in a small circle and from behind him, Tyral and Sera see what seem to be eyes in the dark, lite from the globe of daylight. Though unsure of the amount, it is clear that this Necromancer did not come alone.

"Well, my boy, let me disclose to you that I am not here to bargain for you have nothing I want nor need. The sack is a present for the group, you'll get it when I leave. I am here to congratulate you on such a fine job defeating my precious little Magots. Worthless things if you ask me, completely inept and only good for hitting hard. Oh, and our mutual friend Elias Von'Lycien... well let's just say we keep drama in the family. And to you my brash wolfen, is your breed so dense you can not see that you are looking into the face of your enemy? I am the one who kidnapped those children, well with help of course." While he speaks, Vortigern tries to discern who this man is and where he came from. While shifting through his memories, Vortigern recalls that a man was exiled from House Itomas for extreme practices. The son of a third-born lord within the house, no claim to the imperial throne but just enough claim to fight for it if he tried, but that was easily 65 years ago so if this is the same man, he has found some method to surviving eternity.

Rock and Azure find themselves at a loss as they all converse with the Necromancer, completely confused at what could possibly be going on or who this foe is. In the spirit of knowledge, Azure tries to skim the minds of the group to determine what is going on. His efforts get slammed when his mind reaches over to Zephyr and Sera and he cannot gain any sort of intelligence from them. Tyral is a different story and though his mind seems closed, it is more based on strength of will than anything else. Silhouette and Vortigern are another thing entirely and the mind mage is able to skim their thoughts briefly on what is going on. Azure learns that Vortigern is from the Western Empire, as is this Necromancer. He learns that Elias is the group's patron and that neither of the two have any idea towards the resources or powers of this Elias, he is just as shrouded in mystery as this necromancer is. Children are being abducted, much like had already been disclosed. Azure turns his attentions towards the necromancer and tries to feel this mans aura out and the feeling Azure gets makes the ogre weak in the knees. This man, or thing, appears to be emanating evil and cruelty.

Shaking this feeling off, Azure attempts to gain access to the Necromancer's mind using his telepathy and he hears screams in his head, Azure can tell it is screams of victims, some sound young and others old but all are terrified. Flashes of blood and dead as though this necromancer has committed horrid atrocities... then a wall slams shut on Azure and the Necromancer speaks again, his eyes leveling at the group. Azure freezes in fear, feeling the eyes of the Necromancer on him even though he is sure his probe is untraceable "Tsk Tsk Tsk, my psionic friend, that was rude. You should be careful when exerting your powers, your friends may not take too kindly when they find out... Since it appears my welcome has been worn out and as I'd rather not have my mind any more probed than it already has been.. by the way, did you like what you saw?" The necromancer jests aloud to the group before rolling his shoulders, not waiting for an answer "Regardless, I'll be off and waiting for you in the cave. I've a ritual to attend too, Good'ay."

With that, the Necromancer seems to disappear into the shadows. Vortigern, Zephyr and Tyral recognize what happened and know that this Necromancer melded with the shadows to escape from sight, the globe of daylight only extending so far. Tyral and Sera are able to notice that when the Necromancer leaves, the eyes also vanishes with him. The Necromancer did leave the sack in his wake.
Xy-Djehuti'Snafu
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:24 am

OOC: The eyes Tyral saw, were those Human height? Higher (Giant?)) Lower? Big like plates? ... Regular sized?

Perception [+1]: 1d20:
12
+1=13
Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20:
16
+2=18
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20:
7
+4=11
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20:
18
+4=22
D20 JiC: 1d20:
19

D100 JiC: 1d100:
75


Lore: Magic [72%]: 1d100:
66

Recognize Enchantment [60%]: 1d100:
57

Recognize Magic [45%]: 1d100:
18

Intelligence [58%]: 1d100:
27


PPE: 66/169

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 2.50 Min], Globe of Daylight [14.5 min], Sense Magic [10 min]

Tyral frowns at the Necromancer's snide little commentary as being pretty hollow and uninformative, but one item catches his attention ***Psychic? Well that's not me ... I wonder which, or how many of the others tried to dig into his head. He's certainly not giving anything away except an arrogance worthy of a dragon.*** As the death-mage withdraws into the shadows, the Wizard directs the closer Globe of Daylight to move towards the spot where the man vanished pushing the edge of the light out towards where the eyes he'd seen were and casts Sense Magic on himself [-4 PPE].

The Elf reaches out to mentally mark each item from which he senses magic energy and with Telekinesis while it's still active and grabs hold of the sack to lift it over closer to the others, "Gift eh? Did anyone else see the eyes in the darkness? ... out behind him ... and Who tried to delve into the Madman's mind? He seemed to feel like he'd shared something. What was it? ... What kind of game is he playing at? Even if you probe an opponents weaknesses, weigh and measure an opponent and find them wanting ... why reveal himself afterwards? ... "

***Brago, did you catch his scent? ... ***

Brago
Perception [+1]: 1d20:
12
+1=13
Vs HF [+9]: 1d20:
13
+9=22
Vs Magic: 1d20:
18

D20 JiC: 1d20:
8

D100 JiC: 1d100:
20


Track [90%]: 1d100:
30

Prowl [60%]: 1d100:
84


Brago pads forward warily and sniffs for the Necromancer, and the Children as best he can, then retreats to find cover under the Cart.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 am

Per: 1d20:
17

JiC20: 1d20:
14

JiC100: 1d100:
21


Track Blood Scent: 1d100:
75
/28
Track Familiar Scent: 1d100:
32
/24

Titus' nose lifted into the air as he sniffed the necromancer's scent. He believed the guy was evil, but didn't want to start a war with a third party if he could. His ears popped forward and swiveled from left to right. If he could track the necromancer, he would. On the other hand, if he could get an approximate location of the man, he would draw his crossbow and fire.

Combat Action:
1. Strike with Crossbow 1d20+3 = 19:
16


Damage:
1. 2d8:
7, 4


If he could not get a location to loose his quarrel, nor find a tail to track, he would sniff in the direction of of the bag.
I'm afraid what this could be... ...Whatever it is, it is nothing good."
. He jabbed at it slightly with the butt of his polearm, and waited to see what happened.

I am going to kill that necromancer... he vowed to himself. Painfully, if possible.

"Tyral, mine own eyes see in the dark well."

Save Vs. Magic: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

Save vs. Psionics: 1d20:
5
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19:
17

JiC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
76

Save vs HF: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 15:
13

Save vs Magic: 1d20+7 = 17:
10

Surveillance: 1d100:
7
/25%
Intelligence: 1d100:
27
/46%

Conditions: Walk the Wind (Duration: 22min remain), Mind Block Activated (45min remain)

Zephyr scowls as the arrogant necromancer leaves the field. What was his purpose, his monologue only instilled anger... the sack... He thinks before Tyral speaks and he shakes his head "I saw nothing, but that doesn't mean we are alone. Spectre, go above and keep an eye on the surroundings. Report back to me if you see any movement." Zephyr orders his phantom and then turns to his elemental. "How are you doing brother? I understand you wish to return home but judging on what we just witnessed, I dare say I need your help further." Zephyr asks his elemental, making sure that the elemental understands Zephyr is indeed aware of its desires and is asking rather than commanding.

After the brief converse with his Elemental, Zephyr's eyes turn to the sack left on the ground and he furrows his brows. "Who wants to open the bag first?" He asks to the group and if no one says anything, he will move to the bag and open it. His elemental moving with him in case the bag holds yet another foe.

Elemental Perception: 1d20:
12

JiC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
76

(I leave the elemental's response in Xy's charge)


The elemental will follow Zephyr to ensure the warlock remains safe and will keep its eyes peeled for any potential threat towards Zephyr (from friend or foe as the elemental only distinguishes between the Warlock and Others).

Phantom Perception: 1d20:
20

JiC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
78

Duration: ~70minutes (75min total)


The phantom will do as instructed and use Fly as an Eagle to soar up. It's incorporeal body becoming gone in the night as it sifts through the area around the current campsite. The phantom will search in a 500ft radius give or take and will not engage anything, if something is found it will return and report to Zephyr.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Sera » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11:
10

JiC: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
79

Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 15:
11

Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

Save vs Magic: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
65
/47%
Detect Trap/Concealment: 1d100:
15
/42%

Conditions: Mind Block (~25minutes remain)

Sera watches the Necromancer fade into the shadows and shakes her head. I should have slit his throat... but perhaps.. her thoughts pause when Tyral mentions the eyes in the forest. She nods and answers "Aye, I saw them as well. My guess is they were more demons. He doesn't have control over as many vampires as eyes that I saw, unless he had us tricked with an illusion to stay our blades." She states, her voice curt and to the point. Her eyes trail over to the sack and she states aloud "I will open the sack. Stand back in case it explodes in my face." She states and will then approach the sack.

When she is roughly 10ft from it, she will cast Armor of Ithan on herself and then use Sense Magic on the sack to determine if it is a magical bomb, of sorts. If her sense magic comes up blank, she will open the sack very, very carefully and relay what she finds to the group.
Sera
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Vortigern » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:33 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

JIC: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d100:
98


[OOC: Vortigern attempts to recognize/analyze both the shadow(y) magic employed by Vladimir and the nature of what may have been used (what sort of exchange of powers/abilities or the like) that has transpired to bring about talk concerning psionics etc.

Lore: Magic 1d100:
69
/60
Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100:
21
/35

/OOC]

Thoughts flash through Vortigern's mind, and spill over a bit to Azure as he listens to what thoughts he may.

Your loss, Prince Vladimir. Your loss indeed. You could have resolved all of this matter in one stroke and to your own profit without the need for further confrontation with me. A poor choice. How trivial would have been the cost of a brace of slaves to replace each of the highborn you have taken? Their families would have gladly paid such a price. Oh they might have cried, gnashed their teeth, and tried to play at moral anguish later, but they would have paid. Such pointless drivel. Such wanton waste. I see now why you live in exile, a deviancy completely aside from your Art.

Vortigern frowns a bit, quirking a brow towards the space occupied a moment ago by Vladimir. Silently he grimaces as he reaches up to refasten the ventail of his coif, covering his face. Once the strap is fastened he tugs his helmet from his belt, slips it over his head, and fastens the chin strap. As he does so he turns and looks first at one Gargoyle, then the other. "Keep watch. I very much doubt we are alone. Be ready, and give warning as much as able." he says to them. Glancing towards Titus he gives a nod and a crisp salute. Then Silhouette gets a nod. "You did better than I thought you would 'beauty'. I underestimated you." he says with a wry grin.

Turning away from where he had attempted to parlay with Vladimir, he heads back into the thick of the camp towards his bedroll and camp belongings... beginning to rapidly gather it all back up for travelling. Or at least as much as is feasible given the damp state of everything. He looks up and speaks towards Sera as she moves forward. "Be wary of that sack..." he starts to say, before Sera casts her protective spell. Then he simply nods and continues with his own self-appointed task. "Did anyone see where my axe has gone? It was in my hand when I was hit. Now it is gone." he says aloud. [If returned at this point Vortigern will smile and give an appreciative nod.]

In a few moments, when his belongings are as travel ready as they are going to be and still have the air they will need to dry he hefts his things and puts them in the wagon. This done he turns to speak to everyone with a serious tone. "My comrades, I'll be direct. It is of immediate importance that we reassess our overall situation and intentions. This task has a far greater degree of opposition and risk than is commensurate with our pay. We have already today fought a force that could be described as such. Indeed, a squad of shock troops such as we dispatched today could give the elite of many armies hard trouble. Much less all the more that lies ahead of us. We will require greater support from the City, or greater operational funding, and a much more substantive contract in order to both accomplish and justify this task. Or find another if necessary. Either way, returning to the city seems the only reasonable course. I advise that we stay together and do so the same as we came out." he says, hooking his thumbs into his belt when he isn't gesturing for emphasis.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Vortigern wrote:"My comrades, I'll be direct. It is of immediate importance that we reassess our overall situation and intentions. This task has a far greater degree of opposition and risk than is commensurate with our pay. We have already today fought a force that could be described as such. Indeed, a squad of shock troops such as we dispatched today could give the elite of many armies hard trouble. Much less all the more that lies ahead of us. We will require greater support from the City, or greater operational funding, and a much more substantive contract in order to both accomplish and justify this task. Or find another if necessary. Either way, returning to the city seems the only reasonable course. I advise that we stay together and do so the same as we came out."


Zephyr looks to the summoner and closes his eyes a moment and thinks before answering. "If I may, what we just faced feels like the greatest they could muster. Then our foe himself appears to what I see more as a scare tactic. We may have some vampires to fight through, but I feel the safety of the children outweighs our own. He mentioned a Ritual to attend too, this implies it is ready and waiting to begin... and the fate of the children we were contracted to save lies in the balance. I suggest we move at a quicker pace towards the cave, use the telepathy stone to warn Elias and request reinforcements and then move to stop the ritual." Zephyr says and lowers his head slightly before adding "I will not turn tail and run while children's lives hang in the balance just because we got spooked by some demons that really stood no chance against us considering what we have on our side. My elemental forces and Vortigern's summoned minions, an expert demon hunter as well as plenty of brute force. So they got the drop on a few of us, we came out just fine."
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Per: 1d20+1 = 16:
15

Save vs HF: 1d20:
11

Save vs Magic: 1d20+5 = 10:
5

Save vs Psionics: 1d20:
18

JiC: 1d20:
15
/ 1d100:
44


As the Necromancer fades away, Thor who was suppressing his growing animosity and frustration snatches his knife from his belt and raises it to throw as he shouts, "Enough Talk!"
With his arm raised to whip the blade forward through the air, the Vladimir seems to melt away before the huge Barbarian's widened eyes. What sorcery is this!?

Taking a moment to comprehend that their nemesis had vanished, along with some kind of lurking companion, Thor blabbers out in response to his companions.
"Why did we wait!? Curse me! He was there for the taking!"
He slams the knife back into it's place on his belt.
"Yes! Yes Tyral, I saw the eyes... We all saw it. The one behind this horror, and his kin... but their blood looks real enough methinks."

The massive barbarian pauses to think as he hear's Vortigern's words and he looks curiously to Sera as she looks to open the mysterious bag. Once Vort asks for the location of his magical axe Thor whips it quickly forward, slinging demon blood off of it as best he can before regarding his summoner companion. "Vort, here is your magnificent blade!" Thor holds it aloft, before deftly tossing it about to offer it -hilt first- back to it's owner. "Thought I'd put it to work, as you decidided to standby and watch the real warriors fight... Such a waste of a fine blade would've been unnecessary, haha! My thanks, companion." ...never thought I'd call this one a companion
The barbarian turns a more serious tone to the summoner, and continues, "I hear your words , Knight of the West. Yet I agree with Zephyr's words, or I'm a fool... Ahem! Which I'm not! The time to strike is now, I will not risk anymore rituals from his ilk. I go now, with or without your help. Though a summoner would be great help against an evil summoner such as him! Take back your magical ask, even if you would not use it now in a time of need for the children. I would however ask to borrow your mundane battle-axe if you are not presently intending to use it. I ask it as a simple favor, for saving your stone skin back there."

Thorgrim returns to pack his gear and prepares to travel immediately. Thor intends to make haste to the cave, in order to prevent any further influence the Necromancer may exert on the children, which his party was sent to save. If the mysterious bag contains, children or parts-there-of the barbarian will reconsider his urgent strategy of action.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Azure » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10:
6


D20 JiC: 1d20:
15
/ D100 JiC: 1d100:
50


Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100:
69
/ 35%
Language: Elven 1d100:
89
/71%
If he has any trouble speaking in Elvish he will speak in Gobblely and have Rock translate.
Gobblely 1d100:
81
/115%

Conditions: Gaozir’s assisted senses and Minds’s Eye 3.75 minutes. 5./76%, 250ft range radar, not surprised), Enhance Reflexes 3.75 minutes, Strength of Mind 5.75 minutes, Telekinesis: Super (300 ft) 400 lbs 3.75 minutes. Telepathy: Superior 5.75 min, Alter Aura +6 lvls 3 hrs, hidden powers.

As Azures mind touches the necromancer Vladimirs, he hears the screams and sees torment of his victims, atrocities that make Ogres appear kind and gentle. Ogres are not kind and gentle as they have been known to torture the conquered, to skin them alive before finally feasting on their still warm bodies. His went far beyond simple torture.

The visions are so terrible he didn’t dare look away for the fear that they could fall upon and consume you. The visions ceased with a mental slam as a barrier came between him. Terrible eyes fell over Azure freezing him in place, eyes that had those terrible memories locked behind them.

Azure only hears the mumble of the words the necromancer utters as he is stunned from the shock of it all, from the horrid monsters to the abominable necromancer.

His mind skims one of his companions that shares similar sentiments of his own, “Your loss, Prince Vladimir. Your loss indeed. You could have resolved all of this matter in one stroke and to your own profit without the need for further confrontation with me. A poor choice. How trivial would have been the cost of a brace of slaves to replace each of the highborn you have taken? Their families would have gladly paid such a price. Oh they might have cried, gnashed their teeth, and tried to play at moral anguish later, but they would have paid. Such pointless drivel. Such wanton waste. I see now why you live in exile, a deviancy completely aside from your Art."

Ogres indeed have no trouble ransoming for their own gain. Trading the captured for spoils is a long held tradition. It is nothing to ogres to “sacrifice” a handful of lives whether it be goblins, orcs, or whomever to the war machine in effort to preserve a war chiefs honor. If these families would pay in lives or resources to save their children, then an effort to do so should be had. I do not desire to face those ever again in this life.

Azure all but forgotten overhears the conversation between the two that command otherworldly forces.

Vortigern wrote: The armored man (Vortigern) spoke, "My comrades, I'll be direct. It is of immediate importance that we reassess our overall situation and intentions. This task has a far greater degree of opposition and risk than is commensurate with our pay. We have already today fought a force that could be described as such. Indeed, a squad of shock troops such as we dispatched today could give the elite of many armies hard trouble. Much less all the more that lies ahead of us. We will require greater support from the City, or greater operational funding, and a much more substantive contract in order to both accomplish and justify this task. Or find another if necessary. Either way, returning to the city seems the only reasonable course. I advise that we stay together and do so the same as we came out." he says, hooking his thumbs into his belt when he isn't gesturing for emphasis.


Then the man in the cloak (Zephyr) spoke answering the other,

Zephyr wrote:"If I may, what we just faced feels like the greatest they could muster. Then our foe himself appears to what I see more as a scare tactic. We may have some vampires to fight through, but I feel the safety of the children outweighs our own. He mentioned a Ritual to attend too, this implies it is ready and waiting to begin... and the fate of the children we were contracted to save lies in the balance. I suggest we move at a quicker pace towards the cave, use the telepathy stone to warn Elias and request reinforcements and then move to stop the ritual." Zephyr says and lowers his head slightly before adding "I will not turn tail and run while children's lives hang in the balance just because we got spooked by some demons that really stood no chance against us considering what we have on our side. My elemental forces and Vortigern's summoned minions, an expert demon hunter as well as plenty of brute force. So they got the drop on a few of us, we came out just fine."


Azure couldn’t help but agree with armored man. It is not uncommon for Ogre or Giants to send fodder forth as shock troops to waste the resources of the opposition.

Azure stands to his full height having regained his composure. His body aches from the blow he delivered to himself just a few minutes before. He concentrates to speak in the elvish tongue he has not used in a long time.

”I cannot fully explain why I am interested in saving these children. All I can say is that my father would will it.”, Azure says speaking of his visions and mentor who was more so a father than the Chieftain.

Azure tilts his head in the cloaked man’s direction, ”There is a tactic in which one sends fodder to wither and waste the enemy. It is very effective. I know, I have used it. With that I cannot believe you know exactly what is to come. This could have been his full force, it may not have been. What if it wasn’t?, Azure pauses to think letting his question hang. We are barefoot. Are you ready to rush into the desert without so much as shoes to make your way? As I said early last night I will join you to save these children but I have no desire to walk into what that man… what Vladimir is…what he controls.“, Azure shivers remembering the memories.

Azure tilts his head towards the armored man, ”I think you are correct. This is beyond anything I have ever encountered.”, Azure says thinking of the Giants made ants in comparison to the monsters they had faced. Azure continues, “You should call for reinforcements as he said….lots of them and then wait for them, and not here, somewhere safer.”

”I have no idea what could be compelling you to rush to your deaths!”, Azure says considering what kind of contract could drive them forward. ”What do you fear more than death?”
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 39/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 39/39 (5/5) | S.D.C.: 46/75 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear [broken] | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 am

OOC: Per Xy, the # of eyes Tyral saw indicated a guesstimate of 10 opponents, "some human, some demonic", I'm guessing that means the eyes were a bit taller in most cases.

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [+1]: 1d20 = 12.+1=13
Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20 = 16.+2=18
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20 = 7.+4=11
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20 = 18.+4=22
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19.
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 75.

Lore: Magic [72%]: 1d100 = 66.
Recognize Enchantment [60%]: 1d100 = 57.
Recognize Magic [45%]: 1d100 = 18.
Intelligence [58%]: 1d100 = 27.


PPE: 66/169

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 2.50 Min], Globe of Daylight [14.5 min], Sense Magic [10 min]

Tyral will wave at Titus for a moment, "I don't doubt your sight Titus, but sadly you can't see everywhere at once. By my estimate there were a at least 1/2 a dozen he brought as escort ... If he was smart, he'd have left orders that if he did not send word of his safety the children should be killed. I think you should hold fire for now."

He will warn Sera "Their Spy in the Brotherhood was a Diabolist, so please be wary of Wards. They can be set not to trigger for a specific person." If she opts to continue, the Wizard will look over whatever Sera pulls from the sack brought by Vladimir, evaluating carefully. When the Westerner tries to call the others to attention Tyral's focus will shift. Vortigern's offer to pay a ransom had stricken him as a bit like waiving the flag of surrender and the Elf hoped it was just to nerves from having been frozen into a statue, but the Westerner's next suggestion that they return to the city for reinforcements bordered on alarming, **A Western Knight who summons gargoyles as servants and it's almost like he's been cowed by the Necromancer being one of his own? ... Nah ...**

"I am not sure which drives your concerns Vortigern, but retreating to the high-walls-of-Llorn will not bring the children in the clutches of your countryman any safety. If it's gold you need, we were each of us ... " >motions to those from Llorn< "paid 1000 before we set foot outside the city en route to literally face an absolute unknown that included a Dark-Mage who was serving some more malevolent master. Since we marched into the unknown, it's hard to argue that the pay was set unreasonably low. If price is the issue, well, I told Elias we would contact him with the telepathy stone at sunrise. I don't know if he has it near him right now ... That said and in light of that Death-Mage's comments and the Telepathy stone itself. I don't read minds. I'm not psychic. I consider my thoughts private, and I would consider invasion of my mind, to be a very personal assault."

When Zephyr responds, followed by the Thorgrim and the Ogre, the Elf will turn to face them, "Myself, I'm unsure if Zephyr has the right of it. I don't know if that man was or was not expecting us to defeat the minions that beset us tonight. Crusher is it? ... That fellow is stealing children out of their beds in the night. You don't have any obligation to come along, go ahead, go to the City. Nothing personal, but standing beside me the whole fight while Rock, Thor, Titus, and Sera charged forward did not seem very useful. I admit I expected to see the spear in action after Rock's tale ..." >Tyral motions to those who were in the thick of battle< then leans on his staff to steady himself "My mystic reservoir wanes, but I am bound for the caves. For those like Thorgrim and Zephyr inclined to go I can try to provide healing and repairs like those Thorgrim. Those bound back for the City, good journey to you but I cannot spare the spellpower to mend you. Hopefully you will find what you seek ... Me, well most of you know I am not in this for Elias, I want retribution ..." he trails off in thought **Isis' undergarments ... if that was the best he could muster, then he won't be digging in anymore, he'll probably run, or move them ...**
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 pm

((Rolls Held))

Once Thor finishes stuffing his pack he returns to the conversation at hand, as he also awaits what lies within the sack that Sera is interrogating.

Thor listen's to the Ogre with his arms crossed, and weaponry bristling from his belt and back sheathe.

Azure wrote:”I have no idea what could be compelling you to rush to your deaths!”, Azure says considering what kind of contract could drive them forward. ”What do you fear more than death?”


This Ogre reminds me of the tale of the 'cowardly lion' that is told within my clan... "HAHAHA!" The massive barbarian warrior belts out laughter at the irony of an Ogre shying away from combat, where humans and skinny-elf-folk would dare. Thor lets his laughter panter off as he listens to Tyral's endearing reply. Without stepping over the the Wizard's words, Thor decides to give the Ogre his two-cents on the matter, pointedly gesturing for emphasis. "Cave Crusher, firstly, I do not rush towards my death. I rush to the death of mine enemy. Secondly, Thorgrim the Mighty has no need to count the number nor the strength of his enemies before he fights them. Thirdly, I fear failure on this quest more than death; and he who thinks otherwise hasn't got the right mind or the balls for this sort of work, methinks!" Hrrmmph, I'll show them a thing or three about Barbarians.

Taming himself, Thor then turns his head and splays his massive arms to again consider the rest of the group. "Wizard-elf, I fear if this Vladimir has just left for a ritual presently, then tomorrow morning may be too late... I acknowledge that this fight cost you much in the way of spiritual strength, but any aid you can give us grunts should be enough to turn the tide in the coming battle -a simple healing, here or there-. We can win this through our strength of arms. I think we're better off trapping him within his own subterranean home where he doesn't have room to Manuever and flee. I'm telling you, let me get close to him and I'll squeeze the life out of him, by Wolvenar's fangs! ...Invade his home and fill his hollow with magical light and steely death!" The barbarian wears a menacing smile, and cracks his knuckles at the thought of wringing the Necromancer's puny, bone-jewelry-wearing neck. "I'll pull the damn cart myself if you want me too, so any of you may sleep in it as we travel, but I vote to move now and waste no more time with the children to attend to."

Thor spits idly on the ground, shifting his hands to his hips, and awaiting any response. He quickly chimes again to Vortigern, "Vort, that spare battleaxe of yours would be much appreciated to wield in my hands, eh? For this final leg of the journey."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:04 pm

(Rolls held over, combat action cancelled)

Speak Elven: 1d100:
100
/65
Speak Eastern: 1d100:
44
/35

Titus lowered his arbalest, removed the quarrel, and dryfired, releasing the tension in bow. He returned the crossbow to his shoulder. Baring his teeth, he spat in the direction.

"Mayhaps you are correct Tyral. The time for our revenge is not now, rather sooner than later, though." he said in rather bad elvish. Quickly, he switched to Eastern and repeated.

"He mentioned a Ritual to attend too, this implies it is ready and waiting to begin... and the fate of the children we were contracted to save lies in the balance. I suggest we move at a quicker pace towards the cave, use the telepathy stone to warn Elias and request reinforcements and then move to stop the ritual."


"I concur, Zephyr. Now is nae the time to return to the city. Time is of the essence if we wish to save these children from a horrible fate, and to stop the necromancer from whatever his ultimate plan might be."

After taking a swig out of his waterskin, he continued. "I suggest we wait until dawn to rest, recover and start as fresh as possible at dawn." He stood back, readying his polearm, for the mysterious bag to open, and the surely gruesome contents revealed.
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Vortigern » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:25 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3:
2

JIC: 1d20:
20

JIC: 1d100:
57


Vortigern pauses, hands adjusting the fit of his mail and leather gauntlets, for a moment as he listens to the others. He gives plenty of time for them to speak, folding his arms over his chest. His features are inscrutable behind his helm and ventail however. Eventually he speaks again, maintaining the same posture and the same calm and rational seeming demeanor. "I saw no further enemies, since you ask. Yet I am quite ready to believe there were many. I am uncertain what was being addressed however regarding the psychic activity. Or even if there was any. It is curious. There could have been. Or he could be attempting to sow dissent amongst us. It is hard to say. Such powers are difficult to detect with any certainty. I would readily agree that I also would consider any such mental violation something in need of addressing, if this were so." he says towards Tyral, shrugging his shoulders a bit towards the end in uncertainty.

Titus gets his attention as he unloads and puts away his crossbow, then getting a nod. "Best, for now. The next time we meet him, I hope we are better prepared, and such a deed would hardly draw any complaint from me then." he says, his tone seemingly bemused.

Zephyr's comments are weighed for a bit before he responds, shaking his head in disagreement. "Your entire train of thought I disagree with, my friend. Vampires reproduce themselves... quite readily. More Demons can always be summoned. Our enemy has hardly hit us with troops whose loss is meaningful to him. Instead everything we fought and defeated today was replaceable in a short amount of time for one who had the resources and skills to produce it to begin with." he says, taking in a breath and letting it out slowly afterwards. "How then can one reasonably expect that the level of force we will encounter further on will be less than this? I would presume instead that it will be only greater, and then further bolstered by the animated dead and the Necromancer himself and his allies. All with them in a prepared defensive position, and knowing quite plainly of our approach and intent. The worst is hardly behind us, it seems quite evident to me." he says, seeming pensive and pausing for another moment.

Then he unfolds his arms and splays his hands as he speaks, again shaking his head. "And pretense of 'moral' standing aside, I would hazard to assert that no dead man has ever rescued a child from anything or anyone. Heroism is fine and good, when the moment is right. It isn't an excuse for ignoring the situation at any cost. That sort of heroism pays dividends in dead would-be heroes. I'm interested in manufacturing something with an altogether more substantive quality than 'Heroism'. Victory. And that means proper strategy and tactics, to meet the enemy in a time and moment of your own strength. Preferably when his is as low as possible."

Thorgrim draws his attention with the return of his axe and his own further exposition. He gives a nod of thanks for the axe, as he slides it back into the belt ring it is normally worn on. "Certainly. Perhaps instead you would consider wielding the silver-coated weapon I bought before leaving the city? Against many of the enemies we might face during this task, it may prove more effective." he says. Then when things progress to discussion of 'tactics' and 'counting', his attention focusses a bit more strongly on Thorgrim and he shakes his head, sighing softly. "So I should never ask you how many you saw, then? Best to ask someone else who bothers to count?" he says, his tone humorous.

Azure gets attention as he comes forward and begins to speak. Vortigern refolds his arms over his chest, seeming somewhat more guarded as the Ogre speaks, yet eventually finds himself nodding in agreement. "That is my thought as well. We have endured the first taste, and have been softened for the fight ahead. Our enemy tests, watches, and weakens us. He has much greater knowledge of us than we do of him. And seemingly he has great skill, and not inconsiderable resources, both to command. I did not expect such insight from an Ogre. You have a keen mind, blind one."

Letting his gaze travel back around the group as the conversation continues, eventually Vortigern takes a moment to interject on his own. "I also find it very curious, curious indeed, that our would-be patron Elias apparently is known readily by this Death Mage. The two have some sort of relationship? Some sort of rivalry? One that Elias has chosen not to reveal to us? Or do we all believe that he was ignorant that this enemy who claims to know him was involved? Or perhaps this claim was just a lie, regardless? I am unsure. Yet if this was something that was not divulged to us as we were asked to recover these hostages, that would not sit well with me. How then on such scant knowledge and the ramblings of a child did he know to send us out towards this enemy? It would fit more for him to have foreknowledge of this man than not." he says, shaking his head and sighing once again. "There are too many unknowns in this situation. We are left either continuing forward into whatever death trap our forewarned and forearmed enemy chooses to prepare... or turning back and making ourselves better prepared. Or a third option may present itself, if someone has a suggestion? And I make no effort to conceal my distaste for the wages that have been offered thus far for this deed that seems to be growing into something Saga worthy. I recall being belittled the first time I brought it up as well."

"Regardless. If we go forward, we are accepting lethal risk, for which we are ill prepared, and for scant reward, on potentially false pretenses in our hiring. Yet, I no less than any of you would see the deed done, on what merit it has in it's own stead. I do not, however, at current find this situation strategically tenable. We need either strategic support or to find some advantage, somewhere. A way to turn this situation to our favor, that doesn't involve a blind charge into the dark."

I understand not wishing to 'give up' as it were. But not to seek a better way? And there 'must' be a better way. I need to find it before we march straight down the bloody maw of death itself.

[OOC:

Vortigern is trying to think of anything, anything at all, that might fit the bill for that desired strategic turnaround. And/or to understand the mystical intent of Vladimir.

History: 1d100:
81
/70
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
60
/65
Lore: Magic: 1d100:
6
/60
Lore: Faerie Folk: 1d100:
8
/60
Lore: Geomancy: 1d100:
73
/60
Lore: Undead: 1d100:
66
/55
Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100:
30
/35

Is there any historic site in the vicinity, or past of this individual in particular (meaning Vladimir), that might be turned to advantage?
Are there any other known monsters/undead/faeries that inhabit the area? Is there a leyline or node anywhere remotely close, and/or in the vicinity of this cave etc? What potential use could such a number of sacrifices be put towards? Why such a range of children, and risk/attention of getting them from such a place? What could he be doing, if there is any mystical significance that might be attributable to it all?

/OOC]
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:
Perception [+1]: 1d20 = 12.+1=13
Vs Psionics [+2]: 1d20 = 16.+2=18
Vs HF [+4]: 1d20 = 7.+4=11
Vs Magic [+4]: 1d20 = 18.+4=22
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19.
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 75.

Lore: Magic [72%]: 1d100 = 66.
Recognize Enchantment [60%]: 1d100 = 57.
Recognize Magic [45%]: 1d100 = 18.
Intelligence [58%]: 1d100 = 27.


Lore: Demons & Monsters [67%]: 1d100 = 15.

PPE: 66/169

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 2.50 Min], Globe of Daylight [14.5 min], Sense Magic [10 min]

Tyral frowns thoughtfully where he leans, and as he listens to the Westerner finds there to be little chance of convincing him he's wrong, guesses the man will probably leave. The Elf is surprised at the end that the Summoner sounds like he might still stay. **If the Death-mage has all of his components and the timing is right, then he can proceed at will. If he's waiting for something like certain stars to align or a moon phase or something else, that might buy us a bit of time, but it also means that when that time comes he will forge ahead. The Church and Brotherhood (Magic Guild) have already indicated that the Duke and his Guard will not spare troops. What will you do? March to the Duke's palace and, if you can get in, tell him that a Western Necromancer commanding an unknown number of Minotaur, Vampires, Demons abducted 1/2 a dozen children. That some were rescued and the rest might or might not be alive, but that the Necromancer wants to conduct a ritual whose purpose you don't know ... and which might be completed before you set foot inside Llorn ... therefore he should what? Send the whole army? Send 1000 troops? Any mobilization to bring up a large force will require days of preparation, and might be too late no matter what. The Children were abducted days ago, Sir Sincerus and the Patches fellow last night. In theory the longer they remain in his hands, the worse ... but no ... calm is needed. No benefit to alienating a friend.**

Walking over to the Cart, Tyral will take a seat on the back edge, "Maybe I don't understand your concerns fully. We all hope to find a way in, to rescue the children and others, and leave safely. Truly, I don't think Thorgrim was suggesting we march up to the front door and stand there yelling for Vladimir to send waves of demons at us until we fall. I'm also not sure how you hope to further prepare. If Vladimir has eyes and ears in the city he'll know when you return that he bought more time with his visit, and certainly will not delay a ritual as a result. If you are intent to return to Llorn to seek additional aid and further prepare yourself, truly I hope that you find your way there safely and that you return in time. Without knowing in advance what troops the Death mage will field, I don't know how you could ever feel fully prepared. Further, if Vladimir's resources are as vast as you fear, giving him more time to prepare insures that whatever additional aid you secure would likely be met either by a better entrenched and fortified opponent, or none at all as he will have had the time to complete his task and flee. The fact Vladimir knew Elias' name is not an indictment to my knowledge because we know he's already taken Sincerus, who was aware of Elias. If Vladimir, or some member of his entourage, can pick out names from thoughts, then it really isn't all that surprising ... but I'll be sure to ask Elias in the morning if he has a history with this Necromancer or previously knew of his involvement, whether you decide to head to the Cave or not ... "

The Elf leans back and nods to Thorgrim, "With my present reserves, we are not so very from my only contribution being my skills with a Staff and Sling ... but I have a couple few healing spells in me. It's the armor repair that can cost heavily."

OOC: The question of whether there is even a time-crunch may all be resolved by what's in the bag, so it seems like we should get that info before we commit to any course.

EDIT - ERRONEOUSLY EDITED THIS POST INSTEAD OF QUOTING IT
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:13 pm

(( Rolls Held ))

Thorgrim raises an eyebrow to Vortigern, and smirks. "Surely you would LOVE to see a barbarian wield a bejeweled, gaudy and silver weapon, HA! I didn't recall you carried one out of Llorn but am not that surprised. I'd appreciate it's use to be sure, thank you."

Well I hope silver swings as true as steel...

Tyral wrote:The Elf leans back and nods to Thorgrim, "With my present reserves, we are not so very from my only contribution being my skills with a Staff and Sling ... but I have a couple few healing spells in me. It's the armor repair that can cost heavily."


Thor chuckles briefly to himself, at Tyral's comment. "My friend, hopefully I'll never have to see you knock yourself out with that glorified toothpick or pebble launcher, for surely I would keel over and die of laughter to behold it. Truly though, a healing spell would be tremendously useful... As for the armor, I'll be just fine without it. Oh, and if may, I'd like to offer any mystical energies I might have for your use. I've clearly no interest of knowledge of how I might use it."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Xy-Djehuti'Snafu » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:57 pm

A few moments of conversation passed...

During the conversation the group was having about whether to return or to push forward several members of the group realize very important key aspects that were missed initially. Whether by fate or by a stroke of luck, a thought occurred to Vortigern as his voiced his own concerns. Being of a similiar breed to a Necromancer, the summoner has a slight understanding of what a deathmage can or can not do. Recalling the battle, though he was incapacitated for a good minute of it, Vortigern is able to pick something up.

If Vladimir had such resources and wanted them wiped from the map, why would he only have committed a token force after them and not a larger grouping of enemies. Sure there were many vamps but they have weaknesses almost half this group can exploit and Vladimir would know that, then the Magots which were far more effective in battle as he recalled his own blunder. Vortigern is able to reach the conclusion that perhaps he did send a majority of his forces and any such ritual would have to be done in secret. The larger the force the higher chance of being detected... As to the ritual, Vortigern feels very positive it is a summoning ritual of sorts but unlike any he has heard of, perhaps something new.

Meanwhile Tyral is also able to come to similiar conclusions on Vladimir's resources and intentions however Tyral is positive this ritual is something new as he is certain that there are very few if any rituals which require children for either sacrifice or blood. As the group converses, Zephyr tells his Phantom to scout the area and then return, then asks his elemental its current feelings. The airy force looks down to Zephyr and nods I care not for the petty squabbles of the races on this realm, however I do care how they effect my brother, so I am going to see this through with you, brother." Sera on her part is ignoring the conversation completely with full intentions on going alone if the rest turn tail and run. As the conversation continues, Silhouette thinks on her own for a decent strategy.

"Oh! Oh! Something forgotten! We were told to save the children from the bad man, not go after the bad man and all of his creepy baddies." She pauses and moves over to Tyral pointing her finger "No no no, no going half-cocked! Someone could be killed! Like pretty-eyes or even me!" She exclaims before moving inbetween the group towards Sera almost making her jump "I want to hear our expert on killing baddies opinion!" She finishes, pointing at Sera.

When Azure makes his point, Rock will approach him and answer him in Gobbley "Friend should you return, you are going without me. I am not making a trip to the town while children suffer, I did not leave you and I won't leave them. But otherwise, he will repeat Azure's words in Eastern to the group.

While Sera thinks of an answer for Silhouette, she checks the sack and looks around the area, finding no signs of any tampering and her magical senses deny any state of magic on the sack itself. The hunter narrows her eyes and undoes the rope holding the sack, she remains aware that with Silhouette's recent comment, the eyes of the group have turned to her. Sera steels hers and rolls back the sack to find a limp and headless body inside. She does not recognize it at all but a few in the group recognize a certain patched up robe. Zephyr, Titus, Vortigern and Thorgrim immediately realize that they are staring at the body of a former ally, Patches.

When Vortigern sees the headless elf, he remembers certain things Necromancers are capable of with certain body parts, in specific, there is a good chance that Vladimir created a sort of Skull of Knowledge from the poor boy. At this time, Zephyr's phantom returns and reports to him in elemental "There are no signs of trouble, no enemies and it seems that there are small alcoves of wildlife but nothing dangerous. About two miles up there is an abandoned caravan, no signs of any movement around it." The phantom finishes and then looks on with the group and beyond.

Vortigerns two gargoyles taking up either side of the summoner in his protection but otherwise doing nothing else.
Xy-Djehuti'Snafu
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Sera » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14:
13

Object Read; Images: 1d100:
32
/54%
Lore, Undead: 1d100:
45
/62%
Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100:
82
/62%
Track Humanoids: 1d100:
87
/42%
Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

Save vs Magic: 1d20+1 = 19:
18

JiC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
73


Sera looks back towards the group and scowls, furrowing her brow. Arguing like a bunch of children. She thinks to herself and continues on with investigating the sack until Silhouette mentions her. She will reply curtly "Allow me to look at this sack which has been almost forgotten by some of the boys over there first, then I shall weigh in." She states will nod to Tyral's mention of wards on the bag and then once she is sure the sack is safe, she opens it.

The hairs on her neck stand slightly at the sight of the corpse and she will say "Headless body, looks young though too young to be of our children. Any ideas as to who it is?" She asks and will then, not waiting for an answer, touch the shoulder of the body (or the sack itself) and activate her mental tracking abilities, reading the corpse in hopes of seeing the images of the last seconds of its life.

Once her attempt is completed, she runs her hand through the dirt and looks off into the darkness, trying to determine where her enemies could have left. Regardless of what she finds, once she has a solid interpretation of the of her surroundings she will think inwardly for a moment before standing and facing the group.

"I may not have been completely honest when we first met. I am a hunter, yes, and right now I am contracted to hunt and either capture or kill Vladimir for use of dark magic and unholy sacrifices." She unrolls a parchment with elvish written on it. "This is my dossier of the events and my target. Elias was not the first to contract me and he seems in the dark on some of these aspects." She flips the parchment around and reads a certain part of it for the group.

"Vladimir Itomas, son of Deleran Itomas. To be returned to Nevan alive if possible. No reinforcements permitted because of Itomas's connection to the western country, international conflict undesirable. Kill if there is resistance.
Personality Profile: Extremely confident and arrogant. Knowledgeable yet has has a tendency to underestimate his opponents. Above Average in magical capabilities."
She pauses and looks to the westerner before saying under her breathe "A bit of that seems to run in the breed..."

She rolls the parchment back up and looks at the group of eight plus gargoyle and elemental forces. "Do you know what I see here? I see a group that should be feared and respected. I see a group that can overcome many challenges. This Death Mages is scared, he is returning to complete the ritual before we can stop him. We can stop him. What our issue is seems to be that we overestimate our opponents and underestimate ourselves. Vortigern can summon creatures from different realms, Zephyr can summon and command the elemental force of air. Tyral is a strong wizard. Titus a trained soldier, Thorgrim a strong barbarian. Why are we so afraid of the unknown when we have the unknown right in front of us?" She pauses to take a breathe and looks down at the dead body "The only proof I need to know this is the dead body lying before us. This is no doubt a warning, but at the same time it seems to me like a scarecrow. Take my advice for what you will and I am not going to argue it. Fact is I am going to the cave because I know what I believe in, and I know as a group we can accomplish anything, so with that said hopefully we do not split up. Our strength lies in numbers and our enemy knows it." She finishes, her face neither compassionate nor angry.
Sera
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Zephyr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JiC: 1d100:
70
/1d20:
15

Save vs Magic: 1d20+7 = 26:
19

Save vs Psionics: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100:
39
/55%
Intelligence: 1d100:
42
/46%
Anthropology: 1d100:
19
/40%

Zephyr nods in approval as his Phantom returns to him and then catches glimpses of the patched cloak and sighs, his eyes closing as his head falls. "That, my dear, would be a little elf known as Patches..." Zephyr pauses and holds up a little notebook "This booklet belonged to him. He was quite energetic and I am ashamed to say we lost sight of him during our time in the city, it seems clear now why he vanished." Zephyr finishes and shakes his head slightly Poor little one, this fate I would not wish upon my worst enemies.. Zephyr thinks to himself and then tries to determine why the poor elf's head is missing. He turns to Tyral and Vortigern "Pardon, but I am less than knowledgeable in arts other than my own, what would the purpose of a beheading be. Is there some magical reason behind this or a mere intimidation factor?" He asks the two more experienced magic users.

Regardless their answer, his head turns and listens to Sera as she gives her opinion and information on the matter at hand. She seems to be holding more information that she is giving out even now, I wonder what she is protecting... the warlock thinks before pausing as she finishes her statement. The warlock finds himself nodding in agreement with the hunter "Our strength does lie in numbers and cooperation, and if your dossier is truly accurate then returning to the city may prove fruitless.. and allow our enemy to prepare so that he can replenish his ranks. While I am against a blatant charge on the cave, I do think that must still be our direction. I intend to siphon off some of the powers from my phantoms to replenish my reserves... in so doing, perhaps I can open the way for our friend Tyral to repair our wounds. Once done, we should make for the caravan Vortigern's gargoyles spotted. My phantom reported that they are abandoned with no presence around them, roughly two miles ahead of us." Zephyr states and then looks among the group.

"I know we all hail from different ideologies and backgrounds, but to unify in a time of challenge shows a greatness in us all. We are not weak, we should not make ourselves appear so to our enemy." Zephyr finishes hopefully

After he has said his piece, unless personally addressed, he will turn to his Phantom and request to siphon its power before releasing it. He will then summon another phantom and do the same until he has his personal supply of PPE restored. He will look to his Elemental and ask if it would like to siphon off some power for itself, and will summon and release accordingly if so.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Per: 1d20+1 = 10:
9

JiC: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
77


Wilderness Survival (58%): 1d100:
41

Land Navigation (60%): 1d100:
67

Gobblely (58%): 1d100:
7



As Sera reveals the slumped body of the once colorful and friendly, timid elf... Thor's mouth gapes in astonishment before snarling back with grinding teeth in anger.
My dear, pitiful friend Patches! We were going to adventure the world, and you were going to chronicle our story... We were too late for him! I knew we should have hurried faster from the city!

"Patches!" Thorgrim barks sharply, with his eyes still fixed on his friend's corpse, as Sera continues on. Thorgrim listens to her absently, as his thoughts still weigh heavily on Patches' death. "...we were too late. Great shame, on us..." he mutters to himself, before spitting in disgust on the ground.
Fools! We have been fools! Squandering our time. Speaking of gold, resting, and damn Pasteries while he must have suffered! This is no way for me to live, I have steel and purpose. No more waiting and 'strategizing'.

"You!" He points a thick finger at Sera, "I will go with you to the cave and whoever else has the stones to fight this evil, now. I care not if we stop at the abandoned caravan first as long as we don't finish our movement until reaching there. Or damn it all, and I'll go on myself if the rest of you must stop to rest. Know this, Huntress; that Necromancer took the life of my friend Patches and I will see his life ended." Thor smacks a meaty fist into his palm for emphasis before cocking his head to Rock and his Ogre-friend and addressing them in Gobblely. "Rock! You should fight alongside us, a fellow barbarian warrior would be greatly welcome ahead. Cavecrusher, if you're uncertain about continuing this fight, have no fear. Real men like myself can handle it, but perhaps you would accompany me to fetch water, tend a fire, and make food... You see, I often am famished after slaughtering monsters, haha! Truly, you wouldn't be out done by a human-woman, you oaf. Your talents would be appreciated. I could even point you and your spear in the direction of the enemy if you were to have trouble seeing."

Thor doesn't wait for the responses of the barbaric couple before shouldering his pack and pulling a torch from the cart to see if he can get one lit from the nearly extinguished camp-fire in order to give himself some light for his movement in the darkness. Not all of us can see in the dark, my friends, some of us are human -and not magical- in nature... And proudly so, heheheh... (OOC: Thor will attempt to light it again, and will first seek a dried branch -outside the rain circle/damp camp- for an improvised torch before helping himself to the cart's stash)
Once Thor has a lit torch in one hand, he asks no one in particular, then Vortigern Well are we ready to move? Vortigern, you mentioned a silvered weapon... Are you still to part ways with us?"

Thor will try to get his bearings in the darkness to make sure he is able to help orient the party that is to continue, in order to ensure they are going in the right direction. Hmmm, walking in the dark, to great danger. Vampires about. Possibly outnumbered... Still... Could be worse. Could be, Patches.

Thor casts his gaze into the darkness sneering at it's menace, and evil which it has produced so far this night. He wondered if the Necromancer or his minions lurked just beyond his sight, watching him. I will have vengeance. None of you are safe from barbarian justice.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Tyral » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 am

Perception [+1]: 1d20:
15

D20 JiC: 1d20:
18

D100 JiC: 1d100:
95


Lore: Magic [72%]: 1d100:
27

Recognize Enchantment [60%]: 1d100:
28

Recognize Magic [45%]: 1d100:
9

Intelligence [58%]: 1d100:
52

Lore: Demons & Monsters [67%]: 1d100:
43


PPE: 66/169 +8=74 + ??? = ____

Conditions: Nightvision [60 ft], Telekinesis [60ft, 60lbs, 2.50 Min], Globe of Daylight [14.5 min], Sense Magic [10 min]

Tyral rises to his feet when Patches' body tumbles forth sighs in disappointment and he nods at the Barbarians' confirmation of its identity, **Well, we knew they had him, so I suppose it's no shock ... at least he wasn't transformed into a Vampire. How long does that take again? ... it's some kind of a process ... I wonder if he ate the Brain. Do Necromancers eat brains?** Silhouette's admonition draws an undisguised eyeroll.

When the Undead Hunter discloses her prior retention the Elf shakes his head, "If you knew about Vladimir the Necromancer and what we were heading into, it would have been better to share the information about his history of dark magic and unholy sacrifices ... Where is he wanted? For what? How long have you been chasing him? What has he done that is on your list there? ... Do you know of any associates or acolytes? ... I believe most of us have already voiced our intent to proceed to the Caves. Knowing he's more widely hunted really doesn't do much except I believe we'll all plan to cash in on his bloody broken corpse." The Wizard's attention turns to the Warlock and he smiles gratefully, "Many thanks Zephyr. With a bit of contribution from the summoned beings I should be able to handle all repairs and healing for those going onward. Vortigern, if this is where we part ways, I will look for you on return to Llorn and stand to recommend you for membership with the Brotherhood if that is your wish." The Elf will then turn to begin packing up his gear for a night-hike up to the previously raided caravan.

OOC: Tyral will syphon 8 PPE off of Thorgrim, then as much PPE as available from Zephyr and moves to cast Mend the Broken to repair the Sera's Armor. It doesn't make sense to the Elf to burn off energy doing repairs and healing for those who don't plan on heading into danger.

**At least the ground there at that campsite should be dry ... maybe we can get a fire and a couple hours of shut eye ... damn it's late ... **
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Titus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Per: 1d20:
3

JiC20: 1d20:
14

JiC100: 1d100:
15


Speak Elven: 1d100:
87
/65

"I must concur with Zephyr. We must all stand together if we are to defeat this evil. And again, I agree with Sera and Thoragrim. A return to town would waste far too much time. I will and cannot compel anyone else to join us, but when we move on, you will have my halberd to protect you.

As the bag was open, Titus stared in shock. Patches was about the most harmless being he had ever met. He was curious about everything, and took notes wherever he went. Poor elf. His mind immediately returned to Maelyn. He wondered if she left town on her own, as her note read, or if she was kidnapped like Patches. She could have easily been abducted in the woods. Silently, he prayed for Patches' soul and for Maelyn's safety.

"I still believe it best we remain in camp for the night and get our rest. We will be useless if we are exhausted. You mages might need to recover some of your mystic strength. Let us keep the same watch schedule as we agreed upon. We can dig a grave or a funeral pyre for patches on the morrow, as I will not let his bones be picked by vultures. I would appreciate any and all help from the rest of you."

Shaking his head at poor Patches, he looked back at the group. "Let us salvage what we can from the caravan once we break camp. My armour is fairly well damaged. If I can find parts and tools, I can do some repairs. We may find food and other useful items for our quest."
Titus
 

Re: Group Two: Children in the Caves

Postby Vortigern » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:08 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19:
18

JIC: 1d100:
22

JIC: 1d20:
12


Vortigern shifts on his feet as the conversation seems to draw on longer than perhaps he expected. As people continue back and forth, he unfastens his chin strap to hang his helm from his belt once again before unfastening the ventail of his coif. A mild frown lingers on his features as he listens, one gloved hand coming up to stroke his mustache thoughtfully. For a long moment however he seems content to listen and look back and fro at those who speak.

An Itomas here, of all places. They are not known for lack of craft or Art. I wonder if the Crown is in fact then orchestrating his deeds or not? Either way they would never acknowledge such deeds as he is engaged in here. Something doesn't add up, and I want to know what. What is more, this Prince has already tried to kill us all more than once. I am disinclined to wait until he tries again on his own terms. Whether we go forward treading down his weakness or blindly into his strength, the point that further time will only see him better prepared is well made. I dislike this whole situation, yet the more I look there seems only one certain way to change it in our favor. Assuming of course, success. The Westerner continues thinking regarding the problems at hand, his thoughts focused yet progressing rapidly.

When Thorgrim speaks of 'gaudy weapons', Vortigern smiles ruefully. "Perhaps something more dainty would suit you better? Are you fond of lace? A net perhaps? One of silver and pearl?" he says, his smile growing a bit wider. "I'm sure we can find an establishment to cater to all tastes, back in Llorn, once there is time." he says, the mirth practically glowing behind his eyes.

Looking towards Azure he gives a cautioning gesture with one hand as he speaks. "I regret to say this enemy has been aware of us and making attempts to strike for some time. Separating from the company of our fellows is, I think, ill advised. And they seem determined to press forward. And perhaps it is in some ways a wiser choice to try and rid ourselves of a threat who has no lack of ability to strike from afar." says Vortigern, his tone cool and contemplative.

When the corpse of Patches is revealed he slowly paces forward to set his hands on his hips and look down at it. Vortigern's expression shifts gradually to a darker and darker scowl, even grimace. One corner of his mouth curls in undisguised revulsion even as his eyes betray a smoldering deep within. "There are several uses it could be put to by one such as our enemy. Likely however, given his scholarly bent, our friend here was bound into his own skull for his knowledge. A Necromantic fetish of divination. I doubt he will rest easy with his spirit bound as an Oracle." he says. His usual cool demeanor is shifted, and the loathing, even disgust, paired with a simmering anger is evident. It is poorly concealed behind the usual reserve of his character.

Then Sera gives her revelation of further knowledge of Vladimir. As Vortigern listens he slowly seems to reign in his emotions regarding the sight of Patches, and shifts his attention instead towards her. A dubious expression, with unconcealed misgivings, lingers in his eyes as he walks slowly over to stand nearby the woman. "I am left to wonder what else that might be of use is still behind your lips waiting. Though it would seem you speak only in your own time. I can respect that you have reasons, though trust wanes somewhat with your secrecy." he says, reaching up to stroke his beard thoughtfully for a moment. Her side remark in his direction doesn't seem to get his attention. "I doubt there would be much in the way of ramifications, at least officially. He is a known practitioner of the blackest arts. The Crown would want to distance themselves, publicly. Privately is another matter. I'd rather not be associated with the death or humbling of an Itomas myself. They are not a forgiving House. Yet we didn't exactly choose this fight for ourselves either. We might hope they will know that. He is clearly a threat to mankind by his own hand, regardless."

Eventually he turns towards Titus, giving a brief nod. "I suggest we examine the Caravan, or whatever remains of it. We should have done so last night, when we knew they were in danger. See what there is that can be done. Then decide whether to camp now and then advance, or advance and then establish a camp closer in. There are obviously reasons why either one would be advantageous. I'm in agreement with you however. At the very least we would be ill advised to attack unrested."

All the while, as he moves and speaks, the pair of Gargoyles shadow him, shifting their halberds about in warding stances as they very intently go about their guarding duties. Ruffles of wing and tail, screeching and almost avian warbling, betray some lingering agitation from the fight only recently completed. Vortigern pauses for a moment to survey the battlefield once again, considering. Then he turns to the Gargoyles with an intent expression before indicating the corpses of the four greater demons that lay on the blood strewn ground. "The flesh of those might be 'your' prizes. Think on that. What power you might gain from such a feast." he says, his solid iron-willed gaze meeting the eyes of each sub-demon in turn. "If you swear fealty to me, of your own free will, an Oath to be bound by, you may have the flesh. If you swear, then consume it, clean the bones and place them by the wagon for inspection. If not, then clean and stack the bones, and burn the flesh instead."

This said he turns on heel and heads towards the wagon, reaching for his things and beginning to rummage about in them.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Palladium Fantasy Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests