Lounge Drama

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Lounge Drama

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am

Perception: 1d20:
18


JIC: 1d20:
12

1d100:
61


Niall enters the crew lounge and heads to the row of treadmills. He hangs his towel on the handlebar and turns the machine on, and starts walking. That running program said 5 minute warmup walk, followed by alternating running and walking... As Niall walks through his warmup, he tries not to notice if anyone is observing him. Last thing I need is to be a laughingstock on the Dauntless. I know my level of physical aptitude isn't up to snuff, but I hope I don't have to take any more crap about it. Niall watches the various view-screens in the room as he warms up, trying to take his mind off of what he's doing, and instead focusing on the world around him.

As his initial five minutes is up, he begins to jog, and instantly his legs ache in protest. Still sore from brushhead-dino-murderworld. He pushes harder, and tries to fall into a rhythm. He alternates running and walking for 30 minutes. At the 15-minute mark, he checks his time, and groans audibly. At the end of his 30 minutes, he turns off the treadmill and sits down on it, covering his sweat-soaked head with his towel and breathing raspily.

"This... sucks..." He grabs his canteen and drinks greedily, the water doing little to quench his thirst.

Every day, Niall. Run every day. You've had everything too frakking easy. You're too frakking SOFT. It's time to be a frakking soldier. If you slow them down, if they get hurt because you're soft, then... everyone will know how worthless you are.

Niall takes another pull from his canteen and stands up. He wipes off the treadmill where he's been sitting, and the handles. His legs have gone beyond pain and into numbness, but he's read that stretching immediately after a run can reduce the amount of pain you feel the next day, so he finds an open area of floor and runs through the stretches he read on his datapad before coming here, as best he can remember them. Afterward, he stands again, drinks the last of the water from his canteen, and staggers back to the 1st SOG berthing area to shower.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:50 pm

"Hold up there." A voice calls from behind Niall as he rises from the treadmill shaky, sweaty, and ready to leave.

Image

"You'll get more out of your routine if you wind down with a long, vigorous walk afterwards." She's stunningly beautiful with an incredibly lithe frame, and delicate features. She's also fresh as a racing beast still in the gates. "I'm about to do a warm-up walk, why don't you join me? You can cool off those aching muscles while I'm warming mine up. Whaddya say?"
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

JIC: 1d20:
15
1d100:
54


Halko wanders into one of the dining spaces and waits in the mess line, Its round about 0600, I wonder what passes for breakfast these days? He gets a portion of whatever they happen to be dishing out and makes his way over to the seating area.

Pausing for a moment, Halko looks around for anyone he might recognize or maybe some other Fleet Infantry. If he can't find those he'll pick a table at random and slide in after asking, "You mind if I sit?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Halko wrote:Percep: Original post: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
Original post: 1d100:
54


Halko wanders into one of the dining spaces and waits in the mess line, Its round about 0600, I wonder what passes for breakfast these days? He gets a portion of whatever they happen to be dishing out and makes his way over to the seating area.

Pausing for a moment, Halko looks around for anyone he might recognize or maybe some other Fleet Infantry. If he can't find those he'll pick a table at random and slide in after asking, "You mind if I sit?"


The material on his food tray looks like boiled spinach, and smells about the same, but there is no discernible, discreet organic elements to it; he assumes it's edible nonetheless. Halko spots a familiar face among the couple dozen strange ones seated in clusters according to M.O.S. or unit affiliation, usually both; she's an officer, but one he's traded punches with, and was a lively participant in the brawl that broke out in The Crow's Nest some time back.

Image

She looks up at his approach and waves him over. "Pop a squat, soldier. The rest of The Wildcards are about their duties, but I'm on ALERT 20 standby...just thought I'd force-feed myself some of this...this...well whatever the hell this nasty organic compound shit is they're passing off as 'food' nowadays. Why don't you tell me what kind of delicious fare you enjoyed on your last excursion so I can pretend it's what I'm eating, eh?"
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 3:
2

JIC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
13


Halko smiles when the familiar face waves him over and moves to take the offered seat. "Thank you Lieutenant Faux" He looks down at the 'food' and says, "This last time out we just had the boxed up rations but the run before that we had a stopover at a pretty decent space station. The fare was pretty good, though alien, but it was at least recognizable as well food." He looks down at his meal and gives a snort, then starts to shovel it down. He ignores the taste as best he can before washing it down with some water. Then he chuckles, "Well, we did get down to a planet this last time out. Blue sky and grass, trees. It was nice, until some sort of carnivorous vine tried to eat me and then we came across a herd.... no pack of these giant lizards. Had to take down several of the things. Didn't get a chance to check the meat and see if it was okay to eat, but one of the guys pulled some of the foot, foot and a half long teeth. We just barely made it back. Supposedly Braniac and Nova pulled off a jump in a gravity well. But I can't confirm that. I was scrambling for a survival suit." He gets another scoop of whatever it is that's on his plate and asks before taking the bite, "What's been going on in the fleet? I see supplies are still low."
Last edited by Halko on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:31 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
16
/ 1d100:
35


Niall looks up at the gorgeous woman approaching him, and his face flushes, but he smiles at her.

beautiful stranger wrote:"Hold up there. You'll get more out of your routine if you wind down with a long, vigorous walk afterwards. I'm about to do a warm-up walk, why don't you join me? You can cool off those aching muscles while I'm warming mine up. Whaddya say?"


Niall nods and smiles. "Sounds like a good plan." He stands and chuckles. Might as well admit it. "Frankly, I can use all the help I can get. Not much of a runner. Figured I'd change that."

He wraps the towel over his shoulders and falls into step beside her. He tries to ignore the pain shooting through his leg muscles and the burning in his lungs as they walk, and tries to remember a time when he wasn't afraid all the time, when he wasn't angry all the time... before he lost everything. To remember who he used to be, and find some way to be part of that guy again, if only for a little while. "I'm Niall Zeddeus. 1st SOG. You are?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Halko wrote:"What's been going on in the fleet? I see supplies are still low."

Jez sucks in air between her teeth. "Man, you guys really do disconnect when you get outta here. Shit's tense, mate. There've been a few riots...mostly over rationing, but a few officers have wound up in Doc Links' care at the hands of their own men. The brig's been doing more business than usual, know what I mean?" She grimaces through another mouthful.

Niall wrote:"Sounds like a good plan. Frankly, I can use all the help I can get. Not much of a runner. Figured I'd change that."

She starts to stretch his lithe frame a bit. "Huh, that sucks, but at least you want to improve yourself. Me? I just do it for the endorphin rush when I hit the fifth mile. I used to go on these long vacations with my family back on the homeworld before everything got all frakked...we'd be out to sea for a month or longer at a time just relaxing, fishing, having a good time, you know? I'd hit the beach and it would be like I never stopped my regimen. Doc Links says I'm 'another one of those genetic freaks' with unpolluted DNA." She shrugs. "I just know that I don't have to train, but I enjoy it anyway."
Niall wrote:"I'm Niall Zeddeus. 1st SOG. You are?"

"Lieutenant ka Yun, but the Shadowhawks just call me 'Intake.' There's an embarrassing story behind that, of course, but you'll forgive me if I don't share private stuff like that with just anyone." She hops on a treadmill and beckons him to join her. She starts off at a six mile per hour pace, her legs soaking up the distance of long strides with casual grace. "So, just pace yourself with something vigorous, but not exhausting. So, what's your role in the 1st SOG?"
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
88


Ka Yun wrote:"Huh, that sucks, but at least you want to improve yourself. Me? I just do it for the endorphin rush when I hit the fifth mile. I used to go on these long vacations with my family back on the homeworld before everything got all frakked...we'd be out to sea for a month or longer at a time just relaxing, fishing, having a good time, you know? I'd hit the beach and it would be like I never stopped my regimen. Doc Links says I'm 'another one of those genetic freaks' with unpolluted DNA. I just know that I don't have to train, but I enjoy it anyway."


Niall chuckles, trying to keep pace without showing how hard that is. "I don't know about 'genetic freak', but it must sure be nice not to have to train."

Ka Yun wrote:"Lieutenant ka Yun, but the Shadowhawks just call me 'Intake.' There's an embarrassing story behind that, of course, but you'll forgive me if I don't share private stuff like that with just anyone. So, just pace yourself with something vigorous, but not exhausting. So, what's your role in the 1st SOG?"


"I'm the field armorer-slash-de facto medic. Callsign is Crash - it, too, has an embarrassing story." He smiles. Nice to just have a conversation with someone... helps that she's easy on the eyes.

As they walk, he recalls his life on Arismal. "My family used to take vacations like yours - a couple months out to sea. We didn't do a lot of fishing... or at least I didn't. Plenty of drinking. And we were never so far from shore that we couldn't take a heli back if we needed anything - or just needed to not be on a boat with the family. Feels so stupid now... that I used to not want to be around them." He shakes his head.

"Now, every time I get off the Dauntless I hope to find more of our kind out there somewhere."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Halko » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
5
1d100:
37


The Game Master wrote:Jez sucks in air between her teeth. "Man, you guys really do disconnect when you get outta here. Shit's tense, mate. There've been a few riots...mostly over rationing, but a few officers have wound up in Doc Links' care at the hands of their own men. The brig's been doing more business than usual, know what I mean?" She grimaces through another mouthful.


Halko nods, "Yeah, now's the time that we have to be strong and stick together. Things are still getting sorted and will likely get worse before they get better." Halko lets his fork rest on his plate as he starts to get a little to worked up. His voice raises a little as he goes on, hands gesturing, "But if we fracture now and everyone splits up to save themselves, then the Atorians have won and the Arismal are done as a race." He pounds a fist on the table, his fork clattering off the edge of his plate, "I've seen too many good Arismal die is the last forty-one days. We sure as hell don't need to start killing each other."

Halko realizes he's starting to get worked up and takes a long deep breath then says, "Sorry Lieutenant. We've been out in the field almost constant since the fleet formed up. Its hard coming back and hearing about the troubles at....... home."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am

Day 41, 0800

Gym/Running Room
Niall wrote:"I'm the field armorer-slash-de facto medic. Callsign is Crash - it, too, has an embarrassing story. My family used to take vacations like yours - a couple months out to sea. We didn't do a lot of fishing... or at least I didn't. Plenty of drinking. And we were never so far from shore that we couldn't take a heli back if we needed anything - or just needed to not be on a boat with the family. Feels so stupid now... that I used to not want to be around them. Now, every time I get off the Dauntless I hope to find more of our kind out there somewhere."

Lieutenant ka Yun's face goes flat and impassive as Niall speaks. When he finishes she says to him without looking at him, "Look..." she sighs, clearly working to control her emotions, "while you've been out in the black doing the frak knows what, a kind of unspoken agreement has been made by us all: no dredging up the bodies of our families away from the memorial." She stops walking long enough that she slides back and off the treadmill. "Frak. You don't even know, do you?" She stretches a bit; whether to ease the tension or her muscles is ambiguous. "Centerline and amidships around frame five hundred--the crew have kind of made an impromptu memorial. You should head there before hitting your rack. Maybe it'll help." She hops back onto the treadmill. "Keep at your regimen, you'll get better. See you around, Zeddeus."

Mess Decks
Halko wrote:"Yeah, now's the time that we have to be strong and stick together. Things are still getting sorted and will likely get worse before they get better." Halko lets his fork rest on his plate as he starts to get a little to worked up. His voice raises a little as he goes on, hands gesturing, "But if we fracture now and everyone splits up to save themselves, then the Atorians have won and the Arismal are done as a race." He pounds a fist on the table, his fork clattering off the edge of his plate, "I've seen too many good Arismal die is the last forty-one days. We sure as hell don't need to start killing each other." Halko realizes he's starting to get worked up and takes a long deep breath then says, "Sorry Lieutenant. We've been out in the field almost constant since the fleet formed up. Its hard coming back and hearing about the troubles at...home."

Jez places her hand over the one he just used to pound the table. Her voice drops to barely a whisper. "Don't attract attention like that; it's not safe. Certainly not in an open space like this." She withdraws her hand slowly. He sees her eyes quickly take in those around them. She smiles and starts playing with the food on her plate like she's finger-painting with the sludge. She looks up at him after a moment and smiles. Between a clenched-tooth smile, she says in a whisper "Meet me in an hour at this location. Come alone." There's a trio of numbers written in food paste on her tray. Halko recognizes the numbers as a ship compartment number indicating the deck, frame, and position in relation to the centerline of the ship. This one indicated some space down on one of the Engineering decks. Her voice returns to a normal conversational volume. "So that's why I told him he had a better chance bedding a brush-head. Anyway, catcha later, Corporal." She gets up and leaves without further ado.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 3:
2

JIC: 1d20:
18
1d100:
80


Prowl: 55%=1d100:
86
1d100:
55
1d100:
78
1d100:
99


Halko eyes her hand as it comes to rest over his fist. Suddenly he realizes just how long its been since he's had any quality alone time with a woman. He looks up at her a little dumbfounded then back down at her hand. He utters a few syllables, "I...uh... er..." as he looks at the number painted in food on her tray and then she's gone. The numbers rattle around in his head for a few moments before her words catch up to him.

By the time Halko puts everything together Jez is long gone. So he shovels the rest of the meal down and as he's getting up looks to the next closest person with a grin and says, "Well, its edible but for god's sake don't ask what it is." He chuckles a bit, his head still trying to figure out what just happened, as he gets up and drops his tray in the return slot.

Halko doesn't bother going back to the berthing. Instead he wanders around processing what just happened and slowly making his way to the given location. It's not safe? Not safe from who? Certainly there's not people that want to break off. Sure a couple could be happy for a while, but any kids they had would be screwed and within a generation or two whatever's left of Arismal would be lost. Staying together is the only option we have.

Halko stops and ties his boots several times along the way, letting people pass him so he can turn a corner with no one in sight or to get on a lift by himself, just in case he drew attention to himself from someone that was in the mess when he thumped the table.

Using almost the whole hour, Halko meanders through the ship, eventually ending up at the appointed place down on the engineering decks.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 24:
20
Nat 20!
JIC: 1d20:
4
, 1d100:
28


Intelligence 1d100:
67
/58% FAIL! (To figure out what kind of cliques and group dynamics have taken hold, to figure out who folks seem to be "following"/giving allegiance to aside from the obvious "Admiralty and Fleet.")
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 1d100:
24
/52% PASS! (To figure out who is selling, what they are selling, and how folks are approaching them.).

Ryden continues his trek to the Lounge, heading for the workout machines. Bodean had started him on a workout routine, so he knew what to do. Halko was gone by the time he got there. Ryden makes his way to the treadmills as some woman leaves on her way. He gives a nod to Niall as he pulls off his uniform shirt and carefully removes his null harness and VR system, putting them in a neat pile under his uniform shirt and jacket. "How's it going Crash?", he asks of his squadmate. After this, he steps onto the treadmill and begins the running warmup the big lug had taught him. One thing Ryden has going for him is his rather good endurance. For someone as rail thin and weak as he is, he had incredible stamina. A glance at his settings sees that he is on a rather tough incline and a decent pace, though it slows down and speeds up from time to time, according to some series of settings. As he runs, he is observing those around him, observing how things are interactions are being handled, etc.

Mostly, unless he engages someone in conversation, he just thinks as he runs. Much like a mindless playthrough of games he's beaten a hundred times before (literally in some cases), he is free to percolate on the events up to now. The weapon of that shuttle is one area of concern. 'What energy weapon has a range measured in kilometers?' Another is that bounty hunter. 'Is he after us? Could the fleet take that ship? Between it and the planet below, we could make a home there, if we could jam their communications. But if they have a lot of those shuttles, we'd get torn to pieces. Hmm, maybe if we could use that cargo ship and do a light speed ram like they did to the homeworld....' Even to Ryden's resilient mind, he falters a step as he thinks of it. He pauses the run, suddenly winded.

After a moment, he gets back to the run.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12


JIC: 1d20:
13

1d100:
48


ka Yun wrote:"Look... while you've been out in the black doing the frak knows what, a kind of unspoken agreement has been made by us all: no dredging up the bodies of our families away from the memorial. Frak. You don't even know, do you? Centerline and amidships around frame five hundred--the crew have kind of made an impromptu memorial. You should head there before hitting your rack. Maybe it'll help. Keep at your regimen, you'll get better. See you around, Zeddeus."


Niall's face pales. He's no stranger to giant faux pas, but this felt different. He hits the power off button on the treadmill, and walks as the device slows, until it comes to a halt.

"Sorry... I've been off-ship a lot. Thanks... for the running tips, for the chat, and for the heads-up. Take care, ka Yun."

He steps down, grabs his towel, and drapes it over his head to dry his sweat-soaked hair. As he walks, he sees Ryden, and gives him a nod in greeting.

Ryden wrote:"How's it going Crash?"


Niall is looking pale and in pain. He stops. "Everything hurts," He says without smiling. "See you back at the berthing."

Niall leaves, and starts to head to the 1st SOG's berthing, but changes his mind, and heads to the memorial.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Day 41, 0830

Niall departs without saying much to Ryden. His face, on the other hand, says a lot to the perceptive hacker. The young officer wears his heart on his sleeve.

Ryden wrote:He steps onto the treadmill and begins the running warmup the big lug had taught him. As he runs, he is observing those around him, observing how interactions are being handled, etc. Mostly, unless he engages someone in conversation, he just thinks as he runs.

Ryden observes that the early workout crowd is noticeably thinner in number and stature than the after dinner crowd. Multiple vidscreens display all manner of information both informative and entertaining. On one screen an episode (rerun for obvious reasons) of the show Shark Tank is playing, the contestants battling each other with pugil sticks while balancing on narrow beams over a water-filled tank. The METRO (pronounced mee-troh) report scrolls across another screen providing information as to the local solar winds, gravimetric variance, and nearby stellar phenomena. A screen lists recent changes to general orders, including: conservation of water & foodstuffs, strict rationing of food (1000 calorie dietary restriction), prohibition of all prophylactics & pregnancy termination procedures, authorization of deadly force for MAAs to suppress insubordination, and a host of other, less consequential orders.

Ryden hears a beep and finds that Miwa has messaged him again. Revise that to 1200. Can do? Panic wanted to swap watches with me and got Scarlet's approval. Lunch and a game? Yeah, I know that sludge isn't exactly "lunch," but five hundred calories is better than none, right?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:59 pm

(rolls held)

The notifcation of the email flickers across his vision, as his computer is still synced. Ryden begins and finishes his cool-down, stepping off the treadmill. Technically he still had some more of the routine to finish, but he could check his message. When he sees the message, he replies with a cheerful response.

"M,
Can do! I'll even have time to go get a shower after my work out. See you then!"


The fact that the bartender was worried about where the weapon was so much spoke volumes of the mood in the fleet. Ryden suddenly decides that running constant missions like they have is actually a good thing. He's been less concerned about what he might or might not do wrong. 'Could we take that city ship? Nah, not without major casualties we can't afford.'

The next hour and a half is spent running, using the strength training machines, and working the speed bags. B-Man had told him to focus on accuracy and let power grow naturally. This of course led to idle pondering about whether he was happy where he was. Around 1100, he gathers his things, carefully putting his computer back on, and heads back to their quarters for a shower. Hopefully those weren't rationed too.

Ryden makes a quick trip to the 1st SOG's Berthing and washes up, changing clothes, making it back by 1130. He then finds a place to sit and checks through his computer, backing up his data to his secure account space, just in case.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JiC D20: 1d20:
6

JiC D100: 1d100:
46


Cairo enters the Mess with the look of someone whose nose just told him that whatever was on the menu was unlikely to taste better than it smelled. **I'm sure they're doing the best they can with what they have ... If an Army marched on its stomach in the old days, the Fleet still sits on it while we jump around the Universe ... Intel is fine and dandy, but it Frakking tastes like a side order of kick in the teeth when your plate is so empty ... Wish we had brought back more than a story about a nice planet where we got our ship blown full of holes.**

If CJ spots Ryden he notes the guy looks like he's waiting for someone, so he'll give a friendly nod of acknowledgment but won't head over unless the EWO waives him in. The PA Pilot grabs a tray for 'food' and an extra glass of water to try and fill his belly. He will take a seat at an empty table to watch reruns of whatever and the feeds of Fleet-news if no one looks interested in company.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:01 pm

(rolls held)

Ryden acknowledges CJ's wave and heads over to him. He's still got time until his partner in crime arrives, and no reason to be anti-social. "Hey Cairo, or should I say Fang?" He grins. "Thanks for the tooth. Maybe we can carve it into matching knives or something. Wish we'd had time to bring back some of that meat." He rolls his eyes at the 'meal' before CJ. "Still better 500 calories than none. They put our gear in cases where our bird would sit, in case you hadn't found all of yours yet. What you been up to? Saw Niall in here hitting his workout earlier. He left as I started mine." The EWO sits down across from Cairo.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 11.
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6.
JiC D100: 1d100 = 46.


With a chuckle at Ryden's quip CJ uses a spoon to stir the mushed Grog-substance, "Yeah well Zeb the Nithian tried to pull the Fangs out of our Wardogs didn't he? I thought it'd be appropriate if we each had one. Matching knives could be interesting, doubt they'd be even as good as Vibro-Knives. You'd probably have enough there for some Chess pieces ... Any word from Bodean? or on other prospective liveable planets? ... Good for you & Niall, I will admit I was going to skip today ..." He takes a long drink of water before scooping up a spoonful of meal-paste-stuff with a resigned expression, "Me? I uhm ... donated some blood, picked up a couple new toys" -- CJ indicates the Energy Clubs hanging at his respective hips (the vibro-knives are in his boots) -- "Oh I think there's a new transfer Marine back at our Berth ... I think Nova was checking his orders. I went down to R&D, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled you in there soon."

CJ will gut out his meal, but if Brainiac's date appears he will make himself scarce quickly.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 am

(rolls held)

"Well if you're wanting the knives to be better than vibro-knifes, you've just got to figure out how to reinforce their structure and insert the vibrational mechanism. Can't be that hard, depending on how tough the teeth are. Chess pieces? Nice. If I knew how to sculpt, I'd make them into war game miniatures for Masters of Combat*. I have all the rules still, but nothing to make pieces with. I have close to 30 armies in virtual space, but finding someone to play it there is damn hard." He pauses a moment. "I wonder if I can find tutorials on sculpting."

He shakes his head when asked about Bodean. "Nah, just keeping up the regimen the big guy started me on. I figure he's busting heads and gushing about his wife...sister...whatever to whoever he's stationed with. As for skipping, I can't do it. About the only reason I keep up at all these days is my workouts." He treats the workouts as he would learning a new programming language - attacking it to learn it quickly, and then practicing at it constantly until it is muscle memory, recalled at an instant when needed. That tenacious trait is the one reason he ever made it into Spec Ops to begin with. That and the smaller pool of applicants after the disaster.

When CJ mentions the energy clubs, Ryden nods in appreciation. "R&D? Nah, too few of us geniuses are actually combat trained and tested. It's one thing to face down the latest line of research, its another to do it while facing down threats like we face. I've done some R&D though. Had some techs in the Power Armor Corps help me modify the Duskhound while I was undergoing training about 30 days ago. Man that was a rough three days. Niall and I worked out my Light Strike Armor before last mission too. I'll probably help out down there if we have some downtime though, better than being bored." To Ryden passing the piloting certification and combat certification tests in a mere three days was par for the course. Most would consider it highly abbreviated - especially if spending a full day training, followed by a full day of tinkering on a War Dog.

It's pretty obvious that the hacker is watching the door waiting for Miwa, but in true Ryden fashion, he keeps up with the conversation, notes every detail and replies to everything said to him. While he has a moment, he starts researching sculpting and whittling. Research 1d100:
17
/95%

*OOC: Think Warhammer 40K
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 am

1000

The breakfast rush is over, and Cairo and Ryden find themselves mostly alone. Down the passage, they hear the volume of noise between the high-traffic p-ways and the gym pick up steadily. A few voices can be heard entering the lounge/rec room area nearby.

(OOC: Remember that these are all separate spaces.)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20:
14
+2=16
JiC D20: 1d20:
3

JiC D100: 1d100:
52


CJ chokes down his 2nd to last bite, a term used in the loosest sense of the word for boiled spinach-esque stuff and nods at Brainiac's self-promoting, **There were plenty of washouts who tried the abbreviated Power Armor course when I was up at the Flight Academy. 3-Days isn't bad, average is what ... ? I dunno. Not everyone can link up and work things like they've been doing it for years. Sometimes Ryden really seems insecure though, like he needs his ego stroked a lot ... I think we all get that you're supersmart ... You're as far above us as we were above cattle ... No one has tried to undermine or challenge that ... Then again most cattle can't fire energy beams or fly hehehe so even those of us who are just above-average have our 'limited' uses ... **

Offering a congenial smile to the lanky Lance Corporal he nods, "Well you might get out-voted before too long my friend, the Brass might not want to keep risking all those IQ points on the frontline hehehe. How are the probes coming? Did you manage to salvage any of the Atorian AI programming? ... "

If Brainiac's date appears he will make himself scarce quickly, heading into a Rec room to look for a game of pool, cards, of chance (Craps?). Cairo would be interested in sparring if he could find anyone interested (might there be a pack of Marines around? CJ's aware of their ferocious strength, but willing to place some faith in his defense).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:31 am

Day 41, 1200

True to her word, Miwa shows up at 1200. She swings by the table at which Ryden and CJ are sitting, hooks a hand under one of Ryden's upper arms, throws CJ a mock-salute, "You stand relieved, sir," and perp-walks her date in the direction of the lounge's gaming area. She's wearing a thin, black jumpsuit which hides every inch of skin below her neck, but which clings like a second skin. She's also carrying a satchel out of which she pulls a VR helmet and bodysuit. She looks at Ryden. "It's not military grade like yours, but those rigs are extremely hard to come by. But this," she pats the helmet, "this is bound to be a classic piece of wearable tech...last year's model of VR apparel from VirtuaTek." She climbs into the bodysuit as she flashes him a smile. "This is pure gold." She teasingly shakes a mini-disc at him and takes a seat next to his own as they get seated at their respective computer stations. She slips her helmet on, turns her head toward him, and flashes him another smile of those brilliant white teeth. She lets her right hand fall down to hold his own. "You sure you're ready for this?"
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20:
17
+2=19
JiC D20: 1d20:
19

JiC D100: 1d100:
77


Cairo sees Miwa approach and offers a responsive salute, "Much obliged ma'am." The PA Pilot opts to make himself scarce and summons up a Force-Disc at the door to begin a trip back to the Barracks musing to himself, **Daaaamn. There's an outfit a lot of gals can't pull off, she's got a whole Fara Masvidal kind of style there ... Wonder if she's got any friends for a fella lightyears from home. Pffft who-am-I-kidding, every gal in this Fleet must have a full frakking dance-card. Hard to put in the time to move up the ranks when you're late to the dance and spending the bulk of time in the Void ... Then again, getting out and making things happen has to be better than sitting back here and waiting. It's part of what's wearing on the collective nerves I'm sure ... **

Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:51 am

Perception: 1d20:
4


JIC: 1d20:
16

1d100:
80


Niall arrives at the Lounge , and heads to the mess line.

"A glass of whatever's left, and, uh, an order of nutrient paste, if you will, my good man." I would kill for hot sauce. Niall keeps his head down, and carries his order of what-passes-for-food to a table. If he sees Ryden with Miwa, he will go to another table unless waved over. No need to be a third wheel.

As he sits, he looks at it noncommittally. We could be eating dinosaur meat right now. For better or worse. Didn't get to test any native fruits or veggies for compatibility or nutrition, either. Oh well. Maybe we'll get another shot. "Mmmmm. If you put that on a cracker, it could almost pass for veggie dip." Liar. "Here's mud in your... gut." He eats the paste quickly, but without enjoyment, and chases it down with whatever beverage he's been served.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am

The green bio-nutrient paste is disgusting, but at least the water in the plastic cup is clean refreshing--even if Niall knows that it's likely been recycled from waste water a half dozen times by now. Reverse osmosis filtration was a great wonder for which they could all thank Dr. Mykhailo Glaw.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 11:
7

JIC: 1d20:
1
,1d100:
15


Computer Operations: 1d100:
54
/95% (to capture and edit a few grabs from video of Miwa walking to the computer)

Cairo wrote:"Well you might get out-voted before too long my friend, the Brass might not want to keep risking all those IQ points on the frontline hehehe. How are the probes coming? Did you manage to salvage any of the Atorian AI programming? ... "

"Well, orders are orders, so yeah, I might not, but I sure hope not. We're doing good work out there, and I want to keep at it. Our future isn't going to be written in some lab, but in the field. Lab work supports field work - that's how science has advanced as far as it has. Discoveries made in the field are perfected in the labs. Me, I like creating ideas, not working on someone else's." He grins at this. "But hey, there's an old saying about going on missions you don't like. Situation FUBAR. Chances of Success nominal. When do we leave?"

He shakes his head and then answers the other question. "AI programming is still something I'm learning, so it's slow going. Give it a few weeks. I decided that the Atorian AI might be useful, but I'd rather know for certain there's no override code or backdoor built into the deep core programming of the probes. I'm probably being paranoid, but even if I am, they are, in fact, out to get me. So yeah..."

The Game Master wrote:True to her word, Miwa shows up at 1200. She swings by the table at which Ryden and CJ are sitting, hooks a hand under one of Ryden's upper arms, throws CJ a mock-salute, "You stand relieved, sir," and perp-walks her date in the direction of the lounge's gaming area. She's wearing a thin, black jumpsuit which hides every inch of skin below her neck, but which clings like a second skin. She's also carrying a satchel out of which she pulls a VR helmet and bodysuit.

Cairo wrote:Cairo sees Miwa approach and offers a responsive salute, "Much obliged ma'am."

Ryden barely even acknowledges Cairo, except to offer a wave and a "have a good one Fang," as they part ways. The entire time, Ryden is doing his damnedest to get a good hard look at her. He starts a video capture from his visor, intent on savoring this moment for some time. 'I don't know which god I did service to, but damn am I thankful. Hells below and heavens above, I am officially the luckiest bastard in the universe right now.'

The Game Master wrote:She looks at Ryden. "It's not military grade like yours, but those rigs are extremely hard to come by. But this," she pats the helmet, "this is bound to be a classic piece of wearable tech...last year's model of VR apparel from VirtuaTek." She climbs into the bodysuit as she flashes him a smile. "This is pure gold." She teasingly shakes a mini-disc at him and takes a seat next to his own as they get seated at their respective computer stations. She slips her helmet on, turns her head toward him, and flashes him another smile of those brilliant white teeth. She lets her right hand fall down to hold his own. "You sure you're ready for this?"

"Nice! My roommate during special tactical qualifications testing had one of the systems from a few years back, and it was bad to the bone. Much like you, in all your glory." He looks contemplative a moment. "I wonder where Junkyard is anyway? He was transferred orbital side after qualifying. He should have been on one of the ships." He doesn't seem to dwell on the fact he may not have survived. Ryden figures if anyone survived it would be the guy who got named Junkyard for all the things he salvaged and had all in his bunk and work area. As Miwa lays her hand in his, Brainiac gives it a squeeze. "If I can't, will you hold me until the shivering stops. I promise to do the same." He grins. "Or just because, cause hell, why not."

In the chair, plugged in, and quietly editing the video feed from his visor, and setting her image in the black jumpsuit to one of the many backgrounds, Ryden looks over at her, and nods for her to start the game. Quoting an old movie about the early days of cyberjacking, he says in a slight accent to match the actor's. "Hit me." He also tenses his stomach, half expecting her to give him a backhand to the gut for making such a corny reference.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Image

Miwa is standing next to Ryden when their virtual avatars resolve in full 8-bit glory. Apparently Miwa is Player One. "Okay, let's see how well you remember this classic. I last played this title when I wasn't long out of diapers, so let's see how fresh my memory is." Ryden can hear (in the real world) a flurry of keystrokes to his left. Miwa's avatar draws forth an 8-bit bow. "Alright, fancy-pants, let's see what you can do." As Ryden (presumably) begins to hack himself some useful item, Miwa adds "I had to barter away a week's alcohol rations for this, you know, but I really wanted to surprise you with something special."

The mix of sensory information is mildly disorienting at first, as usual. He's vaguely aware of his physical senses. The digital sensory information of his virtual senses are much more acute. He can smell fresh green foliage reminiscent of newly mown shade grass. The flat brilliance of this brightly lit world doesn't hurt his eyes, but he finds it unsettling nonetheless as there is no discernible source of illumination. His sense of touch is keen, and he can feel the digital breeze blow, and hear the distinct sounds of rustling trees, the faint sounds of distant, growling creatures waiting to be confronted by the adventurer party, and the distinctly artificial *pling* as Miwa's bow manifests. There is a cave clearly visible nearby.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 am

Perception: 1d20:
10


JIC: 1d20:
15

1d100:
30


Niall chokes down the last of the nutrient paste. Algae. I'm basically eating algae. Vitamin-fortified. He drinks the cup of reclaimed water, and thinks And borrowed water. We only borrow water on ships.

He slides the bowl and cup away from him. It's really a terrible shame we weren't able to procure any food planetside to supplement our diets with... it'd go a long way toward improving ship morale. He briefly imagines a grilled steak in front of him. If things hadn't gone the way they did, I could be eating grilled dino burgers right now. Now, if I wanna eat dinosaur, I'd have to scoop the pulp out of that tooth, and there's basically nothing in there but..

Niall sits bolt upright. "Frak. Me. Running."

He pulls out his datapad, and does a little research. I thought I read that teeth have stem cells... need to confirm that.

Research 85% 1d100:
70
(SUCCEED)
Xeno-Biology 60% 1d100:
65
(FAIL)
Xeno-Biology 60% 1d100:
34
(SUCCEED)

Bingo. Since teeth have dental stem cells, maybe we can use them to culture some in-vitro meat. His heart beating rapidly at the possibility of snatching a small victory from the literal jaws of defeat, Niall then sends off a message to Lt. Cdr. Tancredi.

Lt. Cdr. Tancredi,

I would like to submit another addendum to my latest report. I reported that we were entirely unsuccessful in procuring food on Chandrakant II. That may have been hasty. While planetside, in between firefights, 3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys was able to procure some dinosaur teeth from a freshly-killed specimen, as trophies for the 1st SOG. It occurs to me now that teeth have dental stem cells, and these could possibly be used to culture in-vitro meat, if R&D is up to the task. The cultured meat would still have to be tested for compatibility with Arismal biology, but if this can be done, I feel that the addition of meat to the fleet's menu would be a great boost to both morale and nutrition. I realize this is a long shot, but if the teeth will be of any use to the fleet, I am sure the 1st SOG will gladly surrender them.

I await your orders.

3rd Lt. Niall Zeddeus


Niall hits send on the message. I may get my dino-burgers after all. Niall smiles.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:11 am

Day 41, 1230

Niall receives the following:
IM reply from LCDR Tancredi wrote:That's an interesting idea, Lt. Zeddeus. I know someone is R&D and...shit. Keep your heads down.


From elsewhere on the crew deck and outside the lounge spaces, a shot rings out loud and clear. Even Ryden, immersed in the cyber realm of his date hears it. It's the distinctive report of a STAR going off in a passageway somewhere nearby. Niall's in the company of about a hundred shipmates hurriedly choking down the nutrient paste when the shot is heard. The atmosphere of the mess area palpably changes to one of fear and heightened tension. Something's wrong, and everyone here knows it.

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:22 am

Perception: 1d20:
5


JIC: 1d20:
18

1d100:
39


Niall reads Tancredi's message and flinches when he hears the shot. Looking around, he sees the air of tension. He looks to Ryden. I hope to frak he's got some kind of plan 'cause I've got nothing.

Niall walks calmly over to Ryden's table and slides his datapad over to Ryden. He whispers "That wasn't errant gunfire. Something big is happening." His heart is racing, and he's working hard to keep his leg from shaking due to the adrenaline now coursing through his system. Gotta stay calm... no more Arismal need to die...

"Any ideas?" Should I have a look in the hall? I can triage any wounded if need be." Ryden's a lot smarter than I am... I may outrank him, but he knows what's what better than I do. He looks at his hands. I can... I can also blind any Arismal if need be. With that stray thought, Niall plucks up his courage, determined to try to find a peaceful solution, and avoid any further Arismal bloodshed.

Niall looks at those gathered inside. "Hold your positions and wait for orders." He takes a position near the entrance, and peeks into the hallway (unless there's active gunfire).

If there's active gunfire in the hallway, Niall calls out "Cover your eyes" before opening the door, then he sticks his hand out and using his Super Energy Expulsion aura effect, attempts to blind any combatants in the hallway.

APM: 5

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22:
20

Action 1: "Cover your eyes!"
Action 2: open door, use aura effect (power lists 60% chance to blind, but I believe that is for non-Arismal - he will aim for the ceiling if need be - he is not trying to inflict damage on anyone)
Actions 3-5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 14:
11
; 1d20+3 = 5:
2
; 1d20+3 = 15:
12
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 19:
15

JIC: 1d100:
69
, 1d20:
20

The Game Master wrote:Miwa is standing next to Ryden when their virtual avatars resolve in full 8-bit glory. Apparently Miwa is Player One. "Okay, let's see how well you remember this classic. I last played this title when I wasn't long out of diapers, so let's see how fresh my memory is." Ryden can hear (in the real world) a flurry of keystrokes to his left. Miwa's avatar draws forth an 8-bit bow. "Alright, fancy-pants, let's see what you can do." As Ryden (presumably) begins to hack himself some useful item, Miwa adds "I had to barter away a week's alcohol rations for this, you know, but I really wanted to surprise you with something special."

The mix of sensory information is mildly disorienting at first, as usual. He's vaguely aware of his physical senses. The digital sensory information of his virtual senses are much more acute. He can smell fresh green foliage reminiscent of newly mown shade grass. The flat brilliance of this brightly lit world doesn't hurt his eyes, but he finds it unsettling nonetheless as there is no discernible source of illumination. His sense of touch is keen, and he can feel the digital breeze blow, and hear the distinct sounds of rustling trees, the faint sounds of distant, growling creatures waiting to be confronted by the adventurer party, and the distinctly artificial *pling* as Miwa's bow manifests. There is a cave clearly visible nearby.

A quick succession of commands later and Ryden does a jump for joy, complete with the animated excited sound. "This is AWESOME! Ultimate Adventure 4? or is this 2? They start off so similarly. Oh wait, no, this is Ultimate Adventure: Side Quests isn't it?! That was hands down the best ever! Is the best ever." He corrects himself at the end and does a quick dance around her, turning her with himself. In the real world he's smiling so big his face hurts. "You are officially more awesome than anyone, myself included. And don't worry about the rations, I've got plenty for both of us." One side effect of being out so much, he thinks.
A quick few keystrokes and he has outfitted himself as a two weapon ranger with a bow and two long swords, as well as good, non-magical armor. He also gives himself a healing ability and scan ability, to see the weaknesses of enemy creatures. He gestures grandly (as grandly as you can in 8 bits) towards the dungeon. "Does my lady wish me to lead the way?" He bows to her, setting off the digital pling.

The Game Master wrote:From elsewhere on the crew deck and outside the lounge spaces, a shot rings out loud and clear. Even Ryden, immersed in the cyber realm of his date hears it. It's the distinctive report of a STAR going off in a passageway somewhere nearby. Niall's in the company of about a hundred shipmates hurriedly choking down the nutrient paste when the shot is heard. The atmosphere of the mess area palpably changes to one of fear and heightened tension. Something's wrong, and everyone here knows it.

Ryden literally freezes at the entrance to the dungeon, reaching over to grab Miwa physically, as well as in the game, which he pauses and saves. "Gorgeous, shit just got real," he says to her lowly. The lack of chattering voices is not unlike watching a herd of herbivores freeze when a predator roars. "You want to go on another adventure with me? We need intel, and best way to get it is to snoop on the cams. I can piggy back you on my connection and behind my firewalls if you want to assist or take the lead." The firewalls on her suit are not military grade, and therefore not going to stand up to the kinds of attacks their ship's computers could level. "Or I won't hold it against you if you want to keep playing and ignore it, but I can't. If I get locked up, at least come visit me." He squeezes her hand, figuring he knows what her response will be. She wasn't the scared kind. If she wants to help, he nods. "You handle defense I'll go offensive? I can link our suits' firewalls easy enough."

Niall wrote:Niall walks calmly over to Ryden's booth and slides his datapad over to Ryden. He whispers "That wasn't errant gunfire. Something big is happening." His heart is racing, and he's working hard to keep his leg from shaking due to the adrenaline now coursing through his system. Gotta stay calm... no more Arismal need to die...

"Any ideas?" Should I have a look in the hall? I can triage any wounded if need be."

Ryden peaks at the message and pulls the VR screen back to full. "Mark one eyeballs are always best, sir. Turn your visor to operational mode so I can sync it. And let me know before you do anything heroic. I'm going to try and get us some less exposed eyeballs, but I don't know how long I can get. Sound travels in a ship, so it might not be right near us."

When Crash yells out to close their eyes, Ryden minimizes the feed so he doesn't have to look at it. only after he is moving and grunting again does he restore it to a portion of his view. For the most part, onlookers might think that he is still playing his game, but the game is no longer the same. He sends a text message to all members of the 1st SOG. "Shots fired. Hearing them near the Lounge. Sitrep please. Tancredi's orders are to keep our heads down. I'm currently getting more intel the hard way. You should probably order me to stop. Until you do, however, I'll keep doing what I'm doing." The implication that they didn't need to tell him to keep doing what he is doing should be obvious. He also is giving his superiors a way out of being court-martialed for his actions. He then flags his system to delete any incoming message that gives him a cease and desist order (with a large, quickly typed list of keywords), and sets himself as invisible. None of these would stop someone in his or Miwa's line of work, but it would work for the average stuff. This way he'd never even see the orders, so he couldn't really be expected to follow them, right?

Smirking, he delves into, searching for an open port on the security network. Ideally there would be nothing, but usually there's some sort of backdoor put in for off duty personnel to connect into for updates when they are out of armor. He uses the name of the assistant to the director of internal security on the ship - the one all the time sending out those inane notices about security procedures, hoping that she has enough pull to pull up video feeds. He's not really looking for anything more right now, just video feeds. Just in case he has his suit recording everything (at least everything after him setting the incoming messages to delete any reference to cease and desist or ordered to stop). Into his internal recorder he says. "I am acting for the well being of the ship, and without the orders or approval of my superiors."

Computer Operation 1d100:
58
/95% (to set message receive settings to delete any message with any version of cease and desist or stop what you are doing - categorize them as spam)
Computer Programming 1d100:
55
/100% (to link Niall's visor to Ryden's suit as an external video source)
Cryptography 1d100:
14
/75% (to encrypt his Miwa's signal and make it look like she has the correct clearance)
Cryptography 1d100:
52
/75% (to encrypt his own signals and make it look like he has the correct clearance)
Computer Programming 1d100:
87
/100% (with her permission, to put Miwa behind his firewall if she intends to help him)
Computer Hacking 1d100:
42
/80% (to cover his tracks, spoofing his address as if he were accessing from the security office on this deck).
Computer Hacking 1d100:
64
/80% (to find a way into the cameras and put himself solely in view mode of all Crewdeck corridor cameras).
Cryptography 1d100:
5
/75% (to break through the encryption as quietly as possible)
Intelligence 1d100:
74
/58% (to collate what he is seeing and get a picture together of what he is seeing)
Last edited by Ryden on Fri May 01, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Fri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm

(rolls carried over)



Ryden wrote:"Mark one eyeballs are always best, sir. Turn your visor to operational mode so I can sync it. And let me know before you do anything heroic. I'm going to try and get us some less exposed eyeballs, but I don't know how long I can get. Sound travels in a ship, so it might not be right near us."


"Roger that." Before heading to the door, he switches his visor as Brainiac indicated.

Ryden wrote:"Shots fired. Hearing them near the Lounge. Sitrep please. Tancredi's orders are to keep our heads down. I'm currently getting more intel the hard way. You should probably order me to stop. Until you do, however, I'll keep doing what I'm doing."


Niall reads Ryden's text while he stands at the door, listening for gunfire. Order him to stop? No way... if anyone can get me... us... out of this right now, it's Ryden. Unless the rest of the team magically appears. He hopes against hope, then takes a peak in the hallway.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sun May 03, 2015 10:35 am

Mess Hall
Niall looks at those gathered inside. "Hold your positions and wait for orders." Niall walks calmly from the mess hall to the lounge.
(Remember these are separate, if connected spaces.)

Lounge
Ryden literally freezes at the entrance to the dungeon, reaching over to grab Miwa physically, as well as in the game, which he pauses and saves. "Gorgeous, shit just got real," he says to Miwa lowly. "You want to go on another adventure with me? We need intel, and best way to get it is to snoop on the cams. I can piggy back you on my connection and behind my firewalls if you want to assist or take the lead. Or I won't hold it against you if you want to keep playing and ignore it, but I can't. If I get locked up, at least come visit me." He hears a snort from her. She wasn't the scared kind. "You handle defense I'll go offensive? I can link our suits' firewalls easy enough."

Niall finds Ryden and Miwa's corner, and slides his datapad over to Ryden. He whispers "That wasn't errant gunfire. Something big is happening. Any ideas?" Should I have a look in the hall? I can triage any wounded if need be."

Ryden peaks at the message and pulls the VR screen back to full. "Mark one eyeballs are always best, sir. Turn your visor to operational mode so I can sync it. And let me know before you do anything heroic. I'm going to try and get us some less exposed eyeballs, but I don't know how long I can get. Sound travels in a ship, so it might not be right near us."

Miwa pipes up. "We're locked into the game. The emergency security protocol must have been tripped. If we're going to access any internal systems, we'll have to do so through our virtual environment. If I was a betting woman, I'd wager that everything in Ultimate Adventure: Three--you sweet newb scrub--is now representational of the ship's departments and systems. If we're going to do anything, we're going to have to do it with deadly seriousness. I'm not jacked in, so the consequences for me are simple hardware failure. For you..." She trails off, Ryden knows all too well the very real risks of cyberjacking.

Ryden sends a text message to all members of the 1st SOG. "Shots fired. Hearing them near the Lounge. Sitrep please. Tancredi's orders are to keep our heads down. I'm currently getting more intel the hard way. You should probably order me to stop. Until you do, however, I'll keep doing what I'm doing."

Smirking, he delves into, searching for an open port on the security network. Miwa was right. Everything was in a state of lock-down. Their presently active interface was their only means of accessing the rest of the ship. Into his internal recorder he says. "I am acting for the well being of the ship, and without the orders or approval of my superiors." If they're going to accomplish anything using their skills and abilities, they'll have to do so through their avatars in a symbolically representational digital environment.

Niall reaches the hatch leading from the lounge to the passageways: it's closed and electromechanically secured. The lounge is empty save for himself, Ryden, and his friend, but there are dozens of enlisted in the mess hall. Unless he missed someone in the mess hall, he's the ranking officer in this section of the ship.

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Tue May 05, 2015 7:12 am

Perception: 1d20:
18


JIC: 1d20:
19

1d100:
81


Niall holds his position by the door. Frak! How is it that I'm the ranking officer?!? Swallowing hard, he thinks for a moment. What would Nova do? Or Nibiru? Think, man... I could try to hack the door open. It'd be easier with tools, but I'm sure I could cobble together a makeshift screwdriver... and jury-rig a soldering iron. It wouldn't be easy without the right tools... I could end up sealing us in. Which is not exactly an awful outcome, to be honest. Maybe contact Tancredi and see if he's got new orders, and give these guys some orders. Having something to do will help... unless there's some kind of mutiny, and one or more of them are in on it...

He looks around the room, surveying the faces of those in the room. He looks to see if everyone wears an appropriate expression of concern or worry, or if anyone looks like they might know or be in on what's happening outside.

Intelligence ☞ 54% 1d100:
97
(FAIL)

Niall has never been what one might call "in tune with people", thus he fails to detect if anyone looks suspicious. He calls out to the occupants.

"This door is sealed. Find cover around corners, flip tables if you have to, and be prepared to defend this space. If that door opens and anyone comes in STARs blazing, then we will hold this space. I will work on getting intel."

Niall goes back to Ryden's table and recovers his datapad from where it rests. He shoots a message to Tancredi:

"Lt. Cmdr. Tancredi - Ryden Hunter and I are holding in the crew lounge, with other occupants. Door is secured. Advise if we can assist in any way. - 3rd Lt. Zeddeus"

He turns to Ryden. "Message me if you discover anything," and carries his datapad back to his position by the main entrance.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Fri May 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 15:
11

JIC: 1d20:
6
,1d100:
89


When she mentions the consequences. "Oh there'd be consequences alright, consequences for the tech who couldn't get me the parts to repair my suit. I virtual dive, not cyber-dive. They kept debating it, but Arismal politics on cybernetics being what they are, we work with virtual dive gear. And no one's discussing anything since the disaster. Most days I can keep up with anyone. Working against Atorian divers I was holding my own and owning more often than they'll ever admit. My software makes the difference though. Since we're doing this real, I can't afford to play around. See if you can hack yourself something horrendously powerful in the game. I'm going to go full speed ninja." With that he loads his suit's onboard cyber-jacking software and integrates his programmed powers onto his avatar. His warrior like clothes become a dark ninja's gi, with hood. Tabi Boots replace the warrior boots, a purple and blue amulet forms on his chest, which he then stuffs into the neckline of his shirt. Looking at his character stats, several new skills have appeared, listed at Master level (77%). His class also changes to Ninja. He seeimingly falls into a trance (in truth, he's hacking the system to give himself some more gear).
    Name: RYDN
    Class: NINJA
    Image
    STATS
    Equipment:
    Boots of Ultimate Ninja Speed (Sonic Speed Power)
    Amulet of Ninja Strength (Force Aura Power)
    Ninjato of Darkness (Holy Sword for NINJA) - Cyberweapon Dmg: 5d6
    Lightning Short Bow (Magic Short Bow) - Cyberweapon Dmg: 5d6; 20 arrows then depleted (reload is Comp Programming Roll and two actions)
    Talents:
    Ninja Stealth (Prowl Program)
    Lockpicking Ninja Art (Pick Locks Program)
    Ninja Climbing Art (Climbing/Rappelling Program)
    Ninja Ledge Walking Art (Acrobatics Program)

    On the Fly RES Programs:
    1d4:
    1
    melee rounds: Ninjato of Darkness (Holy Sword for NINJA) - 5d6 Dmg - Computer Programming 1d100:
    55
    /55% PASS! (100% -10% [Cyberweapon penalty] -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES]=55%; AUGG 207)
    1d4:
    4
    melee rounds: Jade Ninjato (Demon Slaying Sword for NINJA) - 5d6 Dmg - Computer Programming 1d100:
    72
    /55% FAIL! (100% -10% [Cyberweapon penalty] -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES]=55%; AUGG 207)
    1d4:
    4
    melee rounds: Lightning Short Bow (Magic Short Bow) - 5d6 Dmg - Computer Programming 1d100:
    79
    /55% FAIL! (100% -10% [Cyberweapon penalty] -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES]=55%; AUGG 207); 20 arrows then depleted (reload is Comp Programming Roll and two actions)
    1d4:
    2
    melee rounds: Jade Ninjato (Demon Slaying Sword for NINJA) - 5d6 Dmg - Computer Programming 1d100:
    89
    /55% FAIL! (100% -10% [Cyberweapon penalty] -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES]=55%; AUGG 207)
    1d4:
    3
    melee rounds: Lightning Short Bow (Magic Short Bow) - 5d6 Dmg - Computer Programming 1d100:
    37
    /55% PASS! (100% -10% [Cyberweapon penalty] -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES]=55%; AUGG 207); 20 arrows then depleted (reload is Comp Programming Roll and two actions)
It takes 3 and a half minutes for a swords (ninjato) and and a shortbow and quiver of arrows to appear before him. He dons these weapons. As he does, they disappear into his inventory. He readies the bow, just in case. As he finishes, he rises and bows to his companion. In a fake "ninja" accent, he intones. "I apologize for my deceit, but a dungeon of this magnitude must be taken seriously. Forgive this warrior of the light who strides in darkness." He bows, sounding off the plink. He can't help the joke. "We need to hurry, but I'm not about to rush us to RES death here. Do you need me to hack you an item or are you good? I'm assuming the latter. If you need some time, I'll try getting my second weapon active again."

Once she's good*, he nods and heads into the dungeon, activating stealth mode, just in case. He looks about, watching for enemies as they enter the dungeon.
Prowl - 1d100:
22
/77%
* OOC: I'll amend rolls for her if she needs help and asks for it.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat May 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Cyberspace
Image

Ryden can see the smirk on Miwa's face from the corner of his eye, and can practically hear it in her voice. "Oh, I got this. No worries there. I just might be a bit rusty. I cut my teeth on this before I could ride a bicycle, but I don't think I've played since I was ten or so. I whipped up a few things and loaded them into my rig last night. You're a sweetheart for not mentioning the luggage under my eyes by the way. My gear doesn't have the program capacity that yours does though."

    Name: MIWA
    Class: MAGE
    Equipment:
    Staff of the Phoenix (Energy Expulsion: Explosive Fire Balls)
    Goggles of Godly Vision (Heightened Sense of Awareness)
    Talents:
    Spell: Invisibility (Prowl Program)
    Detect Invisibility (Detect Ambush Program)

"You ready, mister Silent but Deadly?" Ryden heads into what appears to be a dungeon, but finds that the dark cavern goes nowhere. The RES has closed off a great deal of the game in favor of the parameters of the RES environment. They re-emerge from the cavern moments later. "Well, shall we explore a bit and try to get our bearings? Or do you know some way to figure out what place here is going to pair up with the desired location on the ship?"

The Lounge
Niall receives no response to his message to Tancredi.
(Remember these are separate, if connected spaces. If you are in the lounge, you are not in the mess hall. The only people in the lounge are Niall, Ryden & Miwa.)

What are your intentions?
Attachments
Crew-Lounge.jpg
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Tue May 12, 2015 5:31 am

Perception: 1d20:
3


JIC: 1d20:
12

1d100:
46


Niall continues to hold his position by the door, growing more and more anxious as time moves by. He even presses his ear against the door to see if he can hear movement in the passageway beyond.

If things go pear-shaped... I may need to break us out of here physically... and that means I'll need tools I don't have with me. Better work on that now on the off chance I'll need them, rather than wait until it's too late.

He starts away from the door, then turns and looks back. He then looks at Ryden and Miwa. There'll be no one guarding the door... better make this fast then. "Ryden - I'm off to scavenge some tools. Be right back. Holler if the door opens."

Niall sprints from the lounge to the exercise room. Exercise equipment - there's probably a small toolkit for minor adjustments kept in here somewhere... Niall will look for a lockbox or locker somewhere in here, probably marked "authorized personnel only". If he sees one, he will use his Power Touch to destroy the lock on the lockbox (-1 P.T.P. per SDC point of lock), and search inside for the toolkit. He reasons that the treadmills and the like might require internal batteries, and spares might be kept in here as well, so he looks for those in addition. If he finds tools but no batteries, he will quickly open up a number of treadmills or any equipment with a digital display and remove any batteries he finds.

He takes whatever he finds back into the lounge, and quickly resumes his position by the main door. While there, he will inventory the tools and items he has been able to recover (if any).

IF he found tools and batteries:

Niall will begin to cobble together a makeshift soldering iron out of the batteries and any wires he might've found. He's not real worried about insulating the thing, as he's immune to electricity.

Electrical Engineer ☞ 65% 1d100:
98
(FAIL)

Electrical Engineer ☞ 65% 1d100:
69
(FAIL) After a pair of attempts, Niall is sweating. There could be armed men outside this door, and I'm building a frakking soldering iron. So I can open the door. And get shot in the face. And I CAN'T. GET. IT. RIGHT. Frustrated, he keeps trying.

Electrical Engineer ☞ 65% 1d100:
72
(FAIL)

Electrical Engineer ☞ 65% 1d100:
14
(SUCCESS - hopefully he has a workable soldering iron at this point)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 am

(rolls carried over)

As Niall works feverishly on cobbling together a soldering iron, he worries about the gunfire outside. "Orders from spooks'll get you killed, the man said. But the spooks are in charge of everything, aren't they? They're going to get us all killed. And now Tancredi says stay put? But, yeah, this place has a definite 'slaughterhouse' vibe to it. And just me and Brainiac in here from the 1st? No way, man. Lemme get this door open and we'll go find the rest of our unit. Figure out who's shooting who and put a stop to it."

Niall tries to think about the info that's been gathered so far, and the scuttlebutt he's heard, and put together an educated guess about who the troublemakers might be.

Intelligence ☞ 54% 1d100:
76
(FAIL)

Getting the unit back together should be priority #1. Ryden and my survival might depend on it. He takes a sidelong glance at the door to the mess hall. Dunno if those guys might follow me, or do us in. I think if they were mutineers, they'd have acted already. Maybe they're jsut as confused as anyone. As ranking officer, they might just do what I say. I wonder how many of them are combat rated.

Niall tries to think back to any MOS insignia or uniforms he'd seen, and try to identify if any of them might be of use - technicians, infantry, etc.

Intelligence ☞ 54% 1d100:
21
(SUCCESS)

(OOC: It'd been over a week since my last post, so I wanted to get something in.)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Wed May 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18:
14

JIC: 1d100:
2
,1d20:
4


Ryden is impressed with the work she did. While no cyberjacker, she did a damn good job. Small wonder, given how flipping smart she is. "White mage my ass. You're a red mage all over." He grins. "But if you want to mess with everyone's head, go for it."

Ryden shrugs at her question. He indicates the path to their east. "Let's try that way, and see what happens. Pretty much every map of the ship that you find at junctions puts the bow of the ship to the right of the picture. Right is east, so let's go that way." He chuckles. "Of course there's no telling. If we're getting no where fast, I'll see if I can summon up a signpost to the headquarters of the army. You know what, hold on - let me try something." He begins using ninja like motions (hacking the system) and seemingly concentrates for a short time.

    Create Land Navigation skill: Computer Programming 1d100:
    68
    /55% PASS! (100% -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES] -5% [for +10% to base skill] -5% [for +10% to base skill] =55% Takes 1d4:
    3
    melee rounds to try to create the skill.
    Create Land Navigation skill: Computer Programming 1d100:
    7
    /55% PASS! (100% -30% [On the Fly] - 5% [in RES] -5% [for +10% to base skill] -5% [for +10% to base skill] =55% Takes 1d4:
    1
    melee rounds to try to create the skill. Proficiency level: 70%; Ninja Pathfinding (Land Navigation Program - 70%)
It only takes a minute to hack the skill onto his sheet. After he sees the skill add to his profile, he begins trying to find his way towards the nearest castle, fortress, or mountain stronghold.
    Land Navigation: 1d100:
    31
    /70%
After a moment, he looks to her and says. "Let's try that way," indicating the direction his newly found skill at navigating revealed.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat May 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Cyberspace
Ryden wrote:"White mage my ass. You're a red mage all over." He grins. "But if you want to mess with everyone's head, go for it."

Miwa's avatar merely smirks in response.
Ryden wrote:Ryden shrugs at her question. He indicates the path to their east. "Let's try that way, and see what happens. Pretty much every map of the ship that you find at junctions puts the bow of the ship to the right of the picture. Right is east, so let's go that way." He chuckles. "Of course there's no telling. If we're getting no where fast, I'll see if I can summon up a signpost to the headquarters of the army. You know what, hold on - let me try something." He begins using ninja like motions (hacking the system) and seemingly concentrates for a short time.

They're proceeding at a casual pace east so that Ryden can a new program when a map pops into existence in his hand. Most of it is concealed by a 'fog of war' common to most such games, but because of his Ninja Pathfinding ability, he's at least able to determine the general location of important places. He hears Miwa's utterance of "Uhh..." at the same time he looks up and notes the slow approach of a quartet of low-level monsters which he intuitively knows are first-line defensive security protocols maintained by the mainframe and manifesting through the RES as these little red monsters with big, extruded mouths and rocky-looking, armored hides. They appear to be fairly slow-moving, so should be avoidable. Ryden surmises that they exist in order to deter movement into certain areas, or to "nudge" the player into certain locations of the RES's choosing.

What are your intentions?
Attachments
8bit-world.jpg
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 pm

The Lounge
Niall continues to hold his position by the door, growing more and more anxious as time moves by. He even presses his ear against the door to see if he can hear movement in the passageway beyond.

He starts away from the door, then turns and looks back. He then looks at Ryden and Miwa. "Ryden, I'm off to scavenge some tools. Be right back. Holler if the door opens."

Niall sprints from the lounge to the exercise room. He sees a gear locker, and searches inside for a toolkit. There's a basic toolkit inside for maintenance of the exercise machines, a few cans of lubricant, two spare batteries, a couple bottles of cleaning solution, and some clean rags. He takes a seat on one of the weightlifting benches and gets to work.

He takes whatever he finds back into the lounge, and quickly resumes his position by the main door.

Consult the map--this is impossible/contradictory.

Niall ruins one battery entirely, but manages to cobble together a makeshift soldering iron out of the remaining battery and tools, talking to himself as he works. "Orders from spooks'll get you killed, the man said. But the spooks are in charge of everything, aren't they? They're going to get us all killed. And now Tancredi says stay put? But, yeah, this place has a definite 'slaughterhouse' vibe to it. And just me and Brainiac in here from the 1st? No way, man. Lemme get this door open and we'll go find the rest of our unit. Figure out who's shooting who and put a stop to it." Niall tries to think back to any MOS insignia or uniforms he'd seen, and try to identify if any of them might be of use - technicians, infantry, etc. The mess hall, at least, seems to be populated mostly with technicians given their uniforms, and possibly a few combatants.

What are your intentions?
Attachments
Crew-Lounge.jpg
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Tue May 26, 2015 10:51 am

Perception: 1d20:
7


JIC: 1d20:
8

1d100:
11


Niall takes a moment to admire the handiwork on his jury-rigged soldering iron. Together, with the basic tools from the exercise room, he has the minimum necessary for electronics work - hack and slash tools. Enough to force open a door if need be.

Niall heads back to the lounge to check on Ryden and Miwa's progress.

As he sees that they are still immersed in their hacking, he instead turns to the Mess hall, carrying his toolkit with him.

He addresses the crewmen present. "Well... looks like I'm the ranking officer here." Which means we're all doomed. "I'm 3rd Lt. Niall Zeddeus, with the 1st SOG. I've not heard back from Lt. Commander Tancredi, and we're still working on getting some more intel. Until then, let's see what we've got to work with."

He looks around the room, to see what M.O.S. badges the crewmen are wearing - in particular, he's looking to see if anyone has any combat, medical, or other specialty badges (like Intelligence or Special Ops) that might be of use in the current situation. Okay, Niall... I guess we should try to hold the room until Ryden and Miwa work their magic. Once we have more solid intel, we can plan forward.

Military Etiquette ☞ 60% 1d100:
12
(SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 54% 1d100:
15
(SUCCESS)

If he sees any with a situationally-useful MOS, he'll call them forward to address them personally. He'll ask each, in turn, their name, rank, and assignment.

What'd they say in officer training? Know your assets. Got to assume at this point none of these crewmen are in on whatever mutiny is transpiring on this ship - or they'd have acted by now. I think. Which means they're all potential allies. Once I know more about these men, I can more effectively utilize their strengths and compensate for their weaknesses.

In the process of analyzing the situation, Niall grows oddly calm. Approaching it as a puzzle to be solved - particularly in the absence of direct gunfire - is soothing to him.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 am

Niall addresses the crewmen present. "Well... looks like I'm the ranking officer here." Which means we're all doomed. "I'm 3rd Lt. Niall Zeddeus, with the 1st SOG. I've not heard back from Lt. Commander Tancredi, and we're still working on getting some more intel. Until then, let's see what we've got to work with."

In mid-speech Niall notices another 3rd Lieutenant among those assembled. A man who looks to be of Hoshi descent perhaps has somehow managed to escape his notice among the crowd. His rating insignia shows him to be special operations as well.

Daisuke finds himself and Niall in direct eye contact. It's pretty clear that "3rd Lt. Niall Zeddeus, with the 1st SOG" wants or needs help with something, yet the young engineering officer appears to be poised and collected.

The rest of those assembled appear to be mostly techs and admin folks (non PC M.O.S.s), with a handful of combat aviators and 'Drivers among them.

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Daisuke » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:58 pm

------------------------------------------------
Perception: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
14
| 1d100:
82
%
------------------------------------------------
As Niall makes his announcement to the mess, Daisuke watches the 3rd Lieutenant intently, holding eye contact as he muses. 1st SOG... that's the squad that everyone is talking about. They have seen a lot of action the past few days. Maybe until I get my official orders, I can see about helping. Daisuke sets down his spoon in the nutrient broth that was his meal and rises to his feet.

The Hoshi man heads over to Niall, raising his metal cup in greetings, "Cheers 3rd Lt. I'm 3rd Lt. Daisuke Hamamatsu, recently transferred from the Arbalest, unassigned." Daisuke gestures lightly at his special operations rating badge. "Something you need help with?"

Daisuke takes a sip of water from his cup in blissful ignorance of the unfolding mutiny, watching Niall intently for his response. He can't help but what he was trained to do and tries to size up the engineering 3rd Lt as he speaks ((Intelligence. 1d100:
31
/46%
)).
3rd Lt. Daisuke Hamamatsu

H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 61/61

Current Gear:
ADF Working Uniform, ADF Combat Goggles, ADF Mini-Lasers
ADF Light Armor: A.R. 12. L Arm: 50/50, R Arm: 50/50, L Leg: 65/65, R Leg: 65/65, Main Body: 100/100

Instant Wardrobe Storage (0/1): [NONE]
Instant Weapon Storage (1/1): loaded and chambered STAR
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Ryden » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

JIC: 1d20:
17
,1d100:
21


Looking around at the overall map, Ryden only spares a glance towards the slow moving monsters. "Rock Crawlers. Basic herding programs that are really only useful in funneling the unwary. We should both be fast enough to get around them. Got our bearings, so the real question is where should we head. The control freak in me says CIC, but I know that's the fastest way to get booted. I don't see anything aside from the Brig which might have the access to the cameras. Wait...ADP. Jackpot! Alright, we have to go Northwest and clear across the map. We'll run by the Crow's Nest and see if anyone we know is in there." When she gives him a look, he shrugs. "Seems to be on the way."

Prowl 1d100:
1
/77% (to be unnoticed - not as much sneaking as not in plain sight and using terrain to stay hidden). Heading towards Crow's Nest, then towards ADP.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:52 am

Day 41, 1245

Cyberspace
Ryden's Ninja Stealth carries him and Miwa safely north with great alacrity. They first pass a forest of some size whose borders are patrolled by those rock crawlers they ran across previously. Taking the path of least resistance, they continue north as their target is both very far north and very far west. They reach a hilly, arid territory and manage to sneak past another group of patrolling rock crawlers until they reach a lake. To the west there are two possible routes: one is a long bridge the end of which they cannot see due to the RES' limited horizon, and the other farther north option is open terrain that is blocked by some sort of flying, plant-like things that look none too pleased with the idea of unannounced visitors. As they consider their options, the previously snuck-past group of rock crawlers begins to converge in the hills behind them.

What are your intentions?

You have one melee to decide before one, or both groups of hostiles are able to converge upon your position.
Attachments
8bit-world.jpg
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Perception: 1d20:
9

JIC: 1d20:
4

1d100:
1


Niall is almost, but not quite, startled when the Hoshi 3rd Lt. stands and addresses him. Clearly need to work on my observational skills. and here I am thinking I'm the senior officer present.

Daisuke wrote:"Cheers 3rd Lt. I'm 3rd Lt. Daisuke Hamamatsu, recently transferred from the Arbalest, unassigned. Something you need help with?"


Niall offers the man a nod and a smile. "Hamamatsu, good to meet you. We have a bit of a situation. We're on lockdown due to the shots fired in the corridor. I was in touch with Lt. Cmdr. Tancredi until recently - he seemed to indicate that this was something bigger than errant gunfire. I'm here with our EWO, Brainiac, and one of his friends, and they are actively trying to gain us some actionable intel. I've been identifying other assets." He holds up his makeshift electronic tools, somewhat sheepishly. "It's not much, but it may be enough to crack the door. Once Brainiac gives us the lowdown, I figure we make our way to the rest of my unit - they'll have some idea for securing the Dauntless, I'm sure."

He looks around briefly, disappointed at all the non-combat rated techs present. "As far as what exactly's going on... I don't know for sure, yet, but with ship morale at an all-time low, a mutiny of some sort would not be unthinkable."

Niall eyes Hamamatsu's Special Ops badge. Special Ops, eh? He could be very useful... "So... what do you think? Care to lend a hand?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Daisuke » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:58 am

------------------------------------------------
Perception: 1d20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
4
| 1d100:
30
%
------------------------------------------------
Daisuke chews on Niall's words thoughtfully. Lockdown. Emergency protocol to prevent people or information from escaping. Usually for our own good, but if there is a mutiny going on, it could be a means by which the perpetrators limit the involvement of the majority of the military.

The Hoshi man's face grows stern, "Violating lockdown could get us into serious trouble. If on the other side of the door is a raging inferno, we could be putting people in here at risk..." Before his face softens, melting into a cavalier attitude, "Then again, Special Operations isn't about rank-and-file. Let's do it. I'm in, Lieutenant. I would ask that you do whatever you can to speed up acquisition of the actionable Intel. I'd hate to receive a court-martial on my first day aboard the Dauntless for being on the wrong side of a mutiny." Daisuke's comment is chased with an almost imperceptible twitch of his left eye that Niall could easily mistake for a light-hearted wink.

"Though I have limited mechanical aptitude, one of my... talents is that machines fall apart whenever I look at them funny. The power is somewhat limited when part of a larger machine, like a starship, so it would be useful for the more technically inclined to direct my talent toward the correct mechanism whose dismantling would disable the door lock. Let's see if any of these fellows are on door maintenance duty." Daisuke nods once at Niall before turning to address the crowd of mostly technicians.

"Listen up!" Daisuke says loudly, "Lt. Zeddeus here needs volunteers. Anyone familiar with the door mechanism, please step forward. Also, if you are kitted for even mild combat, please also step forward. There is gunfire going on in the hallways and we are going out to meet it. The rest of you who don't volunteer, set up barricades to secure the mess." If/when any volunteers step forward, Daisuke will wave them toward Niall who will presumably lead them to the doorway that needs breaching. Under the direction of either Niall or a knowledgeable technician, the Hoshi man will focus his mind to dismantling the locking mechanism to the door. Since he needs line of sight, carving open a panel to the mechanism might be necessary.
3rd Lt. Daisuke Hamamatsu

H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 61/61

Current Gear:
ADF Working Uniform, ADF Combat Goggles, ADF Mini-Lasers
ADF Light Armor: A.R. 12. L Arm: 50/50, R Arm: 50/50, L Leg: 65/65, R Leg: 65/65, Main Body: 100/100

Instant Wardrobe Storage (0/1): [NONE]
Instant Weapon Storage (1/1): loaded and chambered STAR
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Niall » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:17 am

(rolls carried over)

Daisuke wrote:"Violating lockdown could get us into serious trouble. If on the other side of the door is a raging inferno, we could be putting people in here at risk... Then again, Special Operations isn't about rank-and-file. Let's do it. I'm in, Lieutenant. I would ask that you do whatever you can to speed up acquisition of the actionable Intel. I'd hate to receive a court-martial on my first day aboard the Dauntless for being on the wrong side of a mutiny."


Niall nods knowingly. "Trust me, having our guy Brainiac retrieving intel is already the fastest possible way to get it." He smiles. "The man is a certified genius."

Daisuke wrote:"Though I have limited mechanical aptitude, one of my... talents is that machines fall apart whenever I look at them funny. The power is somewhat limited when part of a larger machine, like a starship, so it would be useful for the more technically inclined to direct my talent toward the correct mechanism whose dismantling would disable the door lock. Let's see if any of these fellows are on door maintenance duty."


Niall smiles widely. "You and I are gonna work great together. Part of my power is the ability to repair things, including machines. You take 'em apart, and I'll put 'em back together. Incidentally, I can use my power to heal wounds as well, so I'm a sort of de facto medic."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: Lounge

Postby Daisuke » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 am

((rolls carried over))

Niall wrote:Niall smiles widely. "You and I are gonna work great together. Part of my power is the ability to repair things, including machines. You take 'em apart, and I'll put 'em back together. Incidentally, I can use my power to heal wounds as well, so I'm a sort of de facto medic."

Daisuke nods curtly, seemingly having transitioned back to seriousness, "It's a deal. Now, let's go see about your locked door..." The Hoshi man lets Niall take lead with both himself and whatever volunteers step forward to assist.

So... 3rd Lt. Zeddeus... Engineering, diagnostic by the looks of it. And has the power to fix both machines and people. Duly noted. Once we are out of crisis, I'll have to get a feeling for his powers. Somewhere in the recesses on Daisuke's mind, there is a hiss of a whisper of agreement. Yesss... Taste the power..
3rd Lt. Daisuke Hamamatsu

H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 61/61

Current Gear:
ADF Working Uniform, ADF Combat Goggles, ADF Mini-Lasers
ADF Light Armor: A.R. 12. L Arm: 50/50, R Arm: 50/50, L Leg: 65/65, R Leg: 65/65, Main Body: 100/100

Instant Wardrobe Storage (0/1): [NONE]
Instant Weapon Storage (1/1): loaded and chambered STAR
User avatar
Daisuke
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Next

Return to Fleet Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests