Episode 12: Destination Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 12: Destination Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:10 am

----------------------------------------------------DAY 38----------------------------------------------------
The team is in the 1st SOG berthing getting ready for the mission while the Bait & Switch is being primed and loaded for extended independent operations.

Assembling on-board the Bait & Switch as soon as they're done, the crew go through their pre-flight checks and secure the last of their gear. Signaling the hangar deck crew, the hangar suddenly scrambles with people donning their helmets and getting to their stations. The nose of the Bait & Switch swings around as the hangar bay crew maneuvers it into launch position. Moments later, the massive launch bay doors separate, Rosseyn engages the Anti-Gravity drives, and the intel officer coaxes the hundred-ton spacecraft from the hangar bay and into deep space.

Getting the Bait & Switch beyond the gravimetric fluctuations caused by some of the massive ships of the A.D.F. fleet, the crew input the coordinates provided them by the Admiralty on the Chandrakant system, double-check them and spool up the jump drives. At Rosseyn's command the drives are engaged and for a split second the Bait & Switch and her crew occupy two places in space-time simultaneously before the continuum reasserts its normal shape and they find themselves just beyond the gravity well of Chandrakant IV.

What are you doing?
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8
JIC D100: 1d100 = 7

Conditions (by End-of-Post): Merged to a Turret (Maybe 2)

Cairo arrives at the Bait & Switch clad in his flight-suit with his duffle-bag of gear in hand about 10 minutes ahead of when he needs to. He will take up at least 5 minutes boarding and going over his War-Dog on a systems-check. The PA Pilot will go ahead and strap his duffle of gear into a troop-transport spot by the Wardog (unless there are lockers, but I don't see any specifically referenced).

CJ then grabs a seat as directed by Nova (or that isn't claimed by a longer-standing member), most likely one of the turrets [hopefully the Lasers] and if the team do not have a gunner for each turret will ask, "If no one minds, I'll firelink the spare turret to this station so we don't lose firepower."

Barring instruction not to proceed, CJ/Gypsy will Machine-Merge and begin the firelinking process [ viewtopic.php?p=91535#p91535 ] so that things are set if a firefight arises. Hopefully this will include the Port and Starboard Side Front Turrets (i.e. all the lasers), and for them to all be jointly operated from either station (with a basic Numeric password [1313] to access the joint-control function):

Computer Programming [50%] +25% When Linked = 75%: 1d100 = 53 1d100 = 8 1d100 = 20
Weapon Systems [60%] +25% When Linked = 85%: 1d100 = 22 1d100 = 42 1d100 = 75

Alternatively, if Nova wants CJ to drive, Cairo will Machine-Merge with the Albatross as Pilot [OOC: Cairo's Skill would be 105%, with +15 to Dodge, however I'm not sure if Nova can use his Auto-Dodge with the Albatross, that would probably make Nova a better choice as Pilot] .
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:56 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6,1d100 = 72
Perception: 1d20+1 = 15

Ryden can't help but smile when he sees Miwa's message. In his head, he automatically translates her message as he reads it, which she would count on, of course.
    In his head, he heard her voice as he read it. 'Be safe out there in the black, smartypants. If we're lucky, we'll run into each other. Sitch is far from nominal in the fleet. Be careful, watch your back and those of your squadmates, and trust the devils you know. Hugs, Miwa.'
'Yes my dear, Sitch is definitely far from nominal. I hope one of us finds some farmland soon.' His musings are cut short by the returns on his latest searches and he frowns once he realizes that the probes never made it beyond the most basic of stages. It occurs to him that he and Niall could just make one if they manage to get an engine and control matrix. 'I can program the basic scanning protocols just fine, and any normal ship's computer brain will do the job. Just need to get some help with the hardware.' With that he shoots an email to Niall early the next morning.

Email to Niall wrote:Crash,
So I've got a wiz idea for us to build in our downtime. If you can get some parts before we ship out, even better. I'm going to be working on the software in any case.

We need to build some long range probes. Here's my spit-ball on some basic components you might need. A long range missile body, a high endurance, high thrust engine that can be recharged in the field by any ship it's attached to, a high sensitivity planetary sensor array, long range communication array, and a ship's brain to drive it all. We'll probably need to up the EM shielding, and radar absorbent body armor on it as well, but let's get the guts working first. The goal is a stealth probe that will travel in system, use short high output bursts to maneuver, and then send back on encrypted tight beam frequencies what it finds. It would expand our reach for planetary surveys. With a little modification, they could be used as early warning devices for the fleet or any colonies we set up.

Think on it and get back to me.
-Brainiac


Ryden gives him at least ten minutes to read his email before approaching him. "Sir, did you get my email?" When he says no, he nods. "Read it, tell me what you think."

With that, Ryden heads for chow, grabs whatever is available, and then goes to the briefing. Afterwards, he heads to the ship and begins setting everything up at the Sensor Station and Comms Panel. He also ensures that his Dusk Hound EW Power Armor is secured and available, and he loads his extra gear into his locker. When ready, he sounds out. "Sensors and Comms ready. Secured for jump."




When they hit the system, Ryden immediately starts doing his thing. Passive sensors first, and when those show clear, active sensors begin measuring the activity within the system.
Read Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 28 PASS (Passive Sensors)
Read Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 82 FAIL (Active Sensors)
Military: Electronic Warfare 70%/1d100 = 77 FAIL (in case he comes across any signals, so as to allow him to figure out who sent it, and what it says)
Intelligence 58%/1d100 = 65 FAIL (To eliminate any encryption.)
Cryptography 75%/1d100 = 54 PASS
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 3

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 54

Niall tries to focus past his pre-mission butterflies, and ignore the voice in his head telling him that he's probably going to die this time. He feels sick, but this isn't his first mission, and the 1st SOG depends on him. At least a little...

As he triple-checks and packs his gear, he thinks I'd pay for a nice uninhibited paradise planet. Or inhabited only by female Arismal refugees... Really, really grateful refugees.... As he daydreams, his communicator chirps at him that he's got a message. He throws the last few items in his pack, and...

Ryden wrote:"Sir, did you get my email?"


"Uhhh..."

Ryden wrote: "Read it, tell me what you think."


Niall nods, and pulls the message up on his communicator. Man, he pounced like a Valley Cat.

Email from Ryden wrote:Crash,
So I've got a wiz idea for us to build in our downtime. If you can get some parts before we ship out, even better. I'm going to be working on the software in any case.

We need to build some long range probes. Here's my spit-ball on some basic components you might need. A long range missile body, a high endurance, high thrust engine that can be recharged in the field by any ship it's attached to, a high sensitivity planetary sensor array, long range communication array, and a ship's brain to drive it all. We'll probably need to up the EM shielding, and radar absorbent body armor on it as well, but let's get the guts working first. The goal is a stealth probe that will travel in system, use short high output bursts to maneuver, and then send back on encrypted tight beam frequencies what it finds. It would expand our reach for planetary surveys. With a little modification, they could be used as early warning devices for the fleet or any colonies we set up.

Think on it and get back to me.
-Brainiac


Niall looks over the email. Pretty good idea. If we use salvage hardware, we might keep the price down too. And... I can lift the communication system out of my design for the signal recovery unit I'd been working on to capture old Arismal audio/visual signals still floating around out there.. He thinks for a moment, and sends a reply.

email to Ryden wrote:It's doable.





Niall rides out the stomach-turning jump to Chandrakant at his usual post, then gets up and straps in to an unoccupied turret.

He flips open his comm. Nova, taking a position at {whichever turret}.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 82% 1d100 = 6 (SUCCESS)
Weapon Systems ☞ 20% 1d100 = 47 (FAIL)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 41

Going aboard the Bait & Switch, Halko stows his gear and makes his way back to his normal duty station at turret Lima-Two. Once there and buckled in, he connects his comms and reports, "Backlash at turret Lima-Two. Buckled up and ready to burn. Are we headed back to that shitcan Hesperos system to finish off the pirates?"

Other than that one question, Halko stays quiet as he powers up his targeting comp.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:06 am

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 56

Moving without his usual alacrity, Pops boards the ship and stows his gear. He shuffles to the Lima-One turret, strapping himself in and powering up the station. The old man seems even more distracted and quiet than is normal for him. Could things be so bad that we would become the aggressors? We would be no worse than the Atorians; they killed people claiming it was for their survival. Would we then try to justify killing and stealing with the same excuse? With a sad shake of his head, Gyn keys the comm, "Lima-One ready."
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 8 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 72

"Alright, I'm up to date on you newbies. Cairo, Romeo One and Two. Crash, you sit back and work your magic. Pops, Backlash, Brainiac, you know what to do. Let's hit it." Nova smoothly pilots the Bait and Switch out of the hangar bay, away from the larger A.D.F. ships and then gets ready to jump. Pilot Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 301d100 = 761d100 = 16/83%



"I hate jumping." Nova does a quick visual scan of the area to see what the surroundings are (other ships, asteroid field, etc) before opening up the comms to the rest of the ship. "We're here, men. Brainiac, get me some info. I want scans of this rock and wide range scans of the system." Nova waits for an indicator about the system before deciding what to do next.


Bait and Switch Crew Stations
:arrow: Pilot: Rosseyn
:arrow: Co-Pilot:
:arrow: EWO: Ryden
:arrow: Port Forward Turret: L1 (Lima one) Gyn
:arrow: Port Aft Turret: L2 (Lima two) Halko
:arrow: Starboard Forward Turret: R1 (Romeo one) Cairo
:arrow: Starboard Aft Turret: R2 (Romeo two) Cairo (firelinked/machine merged)
:arrow: Flight Crew: Niall
:arrow: Flight Crew:
:arrow: Flight Crew:
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 pm

CJ merges with his station's fire control system and fire-links the opposing turret to his own controls due to their limited squad size. Halko inquires over the comm. "Backlash at turret Lima-Two. Buckled up and ready to burn. Are we headed back to that shitcan Hesperos system to finish off the pirates?" The navigational data feeds from Ryden's control station throughout the network on board. Halko gets his answer in the top left corner of his screen: Chandrakant star system, Liloqua Quadrant.

Rosseyn barks over the comm as the groups' stomachs begin to settle. "We're here, men. Brainiac, get me some info. I want scans of this rock and wide range scans of the system."

When their jump terminus deposits them at the edge of the Chandrakant system, Ryden immediately starts gathering information. The crew waits for a half-hour for any potentially active radio chatter to get picked up by active sensors (being at the edge of the system, even radio waves take a while to travel such distances), but radio chatter in the system is nil. Gyn, during this entire waiting period remains lost in thought with his memory wandering while his eyes keep alert for anything on his largely blank fire control screen. Passive EM data collection suggests that Chandrakant III and IV are dead, inert space rocks of varying composition, none of it noteworthy. Chandrakant I & II are more distant, and the readings are indeterminate, but Crash should be able to gather at least some general information through the Bait & Switch's geologic sensor array. They would have to get in orbit to make detailed scans of the planets, but they should at least be able to tell if the planets have atmospheres with a long-distance, active scan. Ryden engages an active EM scan, but picks up nothing of particular interest.

Niall rides out the stomach-turning jump to Chandrakant at his usual post: the flight crew/engineering station just behind the cockpit. There's nothing particularly alien about the controls of the Bait & Switch's systems. The controls for the anti-gravity drive output regulator, geologic sensor array, defensive systems, grappler, magnetic shield, and scientific sensor array all utilized the same generalized control interfaces, and shared the same aesthetic as an engineering control terminal, a fire control station, or any other piece of electronic hardware fielded by the A.D.F.

What are your intentions?

View of Chandrakant IV from the cockpit of A.D.F.S. Bait & Switch
Image

Bait and Switch Crew Stations
:arrow: Pilot: Rosseyn
:arrow: Co-Pilot: Unmanned
:arrow: EWO: Ryden
:arrow: Port Forward Turret: L1 (Lima one) Gyn
:arrow: Port Aft Turret: L2 (Lima two) Halko
:arrow: Starboard Forward Turret: R1 (Romeo one) Cairo
:arrow: Starboard Aft Turret: R2 (Romeo two) Cairo (firelinked/machine merged)
:arrow: Flight Crew: Niall
:arrow: Flight Crew: Unmanned
:arrow: Flight Crew: Unmanned
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 4,1d100 = 1

Ryden frowns at the largely negative responses to his scans, but shrugs. 'Better boring than busy trying not to die as they say.' "No contacts of any sort. I see no reason not to proceed. If there is anything, they are hiding very effectively. We can start in-depth geological scans whenever you're ready Crash. As always, if I get any contacts I'll immediately pass them on to everyone." He leans over to Rosseyn and quietly reminds him of some dossier information. "Nova, if you need a backup, I'm a fully rated pilot and I can forward most of my controls to the co-pilot station and access the rest via my suit. Just let me know if you need me."

He straightens up and begins programming an algorithm that will continue passive scans allowing him to focus on active scans only. "Turrets be aware, you're going to be receiving some basic passive scan data. Unless I tag it, nothing is hostile. If you see something, sound off and I'll verify."

Computer Programming 100%/1d100 = 87 (to program a routine to manage all the basic passive scans and collate the information automatically and pass it along to all weapons and piloting stations.) PASS by 11 (and negate 2% of penalties)!
Read Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 40 (for any active scans I need to do) PASS by 20!
Navigation (Land, Air, Water) 80%/1d100 = 40 PASS by 40!
Advanced Mathematics 115%/1d100 = 73 (Both rolls are to plot a course through the system to allow us to hit all the major bodies using the least amount of time and effort; penalties may apply; this is based on previous rulings using navigation and advanced math to take the place of the actual navigation: space skill). PASS by 15 (and negate 17% in penalties)!
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 91

Upon arrival in the Chandrakant system, Niall swallows hard and fires up the geologic sensor array. If there's civilization on one of these planets, Brainiac'll pick it up on comms. So I just need to search to see if one of these rocks is hospitable.

Ryden wrote:"We can start in-depth geological scans whenever you're ready Crash."


"I'm on it. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a planet of nubile, female, very very grateful Arismal refugees." Niall checks each of the four planets in turn using the ship's geologic sensor array, even the dead ones, on the off chance that they might possess some useful subsurface minerals.

Chandrakant I
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)

Chandrakant II
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)

Chandrakant III
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 28 (SUCCESS)

Chandrakant IV
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 27 (SUCCESS)

Niall sits back, satisfied that he didn't screw up the readings this time.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:44 pm

The results of Niall's scans take a while to come in, but they seem pretty conclusive even if they are a bit light on specifics at this great distance.
Niall wrote:Chandrakant I Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% Invalid dice code! (SUCCESS)

• Chandrakant 1: No unusual elements, no indications of an atmosphere.
Niall wrote:Chandrakant II Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% Invalid dice code! (SUCCESS)

• Chandrakant II: Geologically active, all the basic elements and characteristics present to indicate a dense atmosphere
• • Indications of a small planetary satellite orbiting Chandrakant II; highly complex trace elements, alloys, and localized EM radiation in abundance
Niall wrote:Chandrakant III Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% Invalid dice code! (SUCCESS)

• Chandrakant III: No unusual elements, no indications of an atmosphere.
Niall wrote:Chandrakant IV Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% Invalid dice code! (SUCCESS)

• Chandrakant IV: No unusual elements, no indications of an atmosphere.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 am

Perception: 1d20 = 13

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 5

Niall sits back, with a look of satisfaction on his face, as the results come in. He opens his comm to tell the others Looks like Chandrakant one, three and four are a bust - no atmo and no useful elements. Two, however... is geologically active. I'll scan the atmo in a moment. It's moon has alloys and EM radiation, though, so it might be inhabited.

Once they're closer, Niall begins using the full geologic sensor array on Chandrakant II and it's moon, focusing in to check all the qualities possible - presence of liquid water, animal life, temperature range, and scanning the atmosphere of each to determine if they're breathable for Arismal. If he can, he'll try to determine whether each body is high, low, or normal gravity.

Chandrakant II
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 18 (SUCCESS)

Moon
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 13 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC D20: 1d20 = 1
JIC D100: 1d100 = 95

Once CJ completes his programming to firelink the right side weaponry of the Bait & Switch for single-station controls, he will disengage so that he can listen better to the discussion around him. The PA Pilot/Gunner will keep 1-hand idly on the controls, ready to dive into the world as viewed through the Machine if needed, but otherwise listening for orders as he muses to himself.

**I hope Lazash is adjusting well. I thought she was to report as an onboard medic but, maybe they just need to keep those with the training in-fleet for now. Ryden? the EWO, he's damn sharp. No wonder they call him Brainiac. Niall seems ok too. I feel like I should know the name Zeddeus, from somewhere ... EM activity, that could be either transmissions like some sort of settlement, or a remote uplink, or it could just be a bunch of radioactive stuff right? What about Rhenium? that stuff is pricey. I wonder if we can sort out if any of that is available since a bunch of the fleet runs on it ... Ok what'd he say? Chandrakant 2 is geologically active? Does that mean it's going to have all sorts of earthquakes and stuff? Why is that good or bad? I don't wanna sound like a fool for not knowing though ... ** The new guy looks unobtrusively around for reactions from Halko, Gyn, or Nova (because at least they were on the beginning of this surveying mission) to gauge if what they've gotten is good news.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 131d100 = 67

Ryden wrote:He leans over to Rosseyn and quietly reminds him of some dossier information. "Nova, if you need a backup, I'm a fully rated pilot and I can forward most of my controls to the co-pilot station and access the rest via my suit. Just let me know if you need me."


Rosseyn nods his understanding to Ryden. "Thanks Brain. You'll be the first to know." Turning his attention back to the datascreen containing the info about the system, Nova thinks things over. Nothing on I, III or IV. II's moon has what we need. But EM radiation could very easily mean inhabitants. Time to tread carefully.

"Alright folks, we're heading toward Chandrakant II. Crash. Brainiac. If that moon is inhabited, I want to know before we're in weapons range. We're not gonna have another scrap like we did with the pirates. We can deal with this using words, not slugthrowers. Brainiac, plot us a course."

Once the course has been set, Nova cranks up the AG Drives and sends the ship zooming toward Chandrakant II.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 am

Ryden is able to capitalize on the greater mass of the planetary bodies to plot a course to maximize the efficiency of their Anti-Gravity engines in-system. They can reach Chandrakant I in approximately 36 hours at top speed and using his course calculations.
Chandrakant-Course.jpg

The next 36 hours should be pretty boring. Ryden's course uses the gravity of Chandrakant IV to accelerate the ship beyond its normal limitations to acceleration, saving them about 12 hours, but the rest of the course is as straight a parabolic arc as any Rosseyn's seen as Chandrakant I and III's orbital paths have them each on the far side of the system while the second planet is actually on their side of the planar elliptical.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 am

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10
JIC D100: 1d100 = 4

Computer Operations 60%/85% Merged: 1d100 = 25

As the course for the interior system destination (Chandrakant 2 (Moon)) is plotted in, Cairo curiously begins flipping through available systems and programs without merging to the station, **I wonder if the have any music uploaded to this thing, it's going to be at least a day to make the approach ...***

As he scrolls through programs and subroutines, the PA Pilot stumbles onto the previously generated Gunnery-Training-Program, "Hey, you guys have a practice targeting program installed? That's new. You use it for downtime training? Who's got the high score? ... and do we have any music by chance?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 91

Niall pushes back a bit from his console. In-system travel is the worst. I keep expecting the proximity alarms to go off and suddenly, BAM - there's aliens in range.

Cairo wrote:"Hey, you guys have a practice targeting program installed? That's new. You use it for downtime training? Who's got the high score? ... and do we have any music by chance?"


Niall nods. "Oh, yeah. It's pretty basic, but it gives you a primer on the weapons systems. Bodean had the highest score, but he was cheating," he smiles. "He was fully rated on these systems before we started."

"As far as music, I have some back on the Dauntless, but I don't usually use up datapad memory on a mission with that stuff. Once we get back aboard I can share what I have with you, though. It's mostly some Drago Han, some Irreedemables, some Valina Guatra... stuff like that. Not a big fan of orchestral stuff, but I have a bit of it, and Twilight Valley music wasn't really my bag but I have the Mighty Liquored Up album - it's great for parties."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Rolls Held Over
Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 21.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 4.


Cairo laughs at Niall's statement about Bodean cheating, "Awww C'mon it just takes practice. FCS training was part of both my ADF training sessions hehehe before I got kicked from the Flight Academy, then while I was down at the PA Corps training. It's good to get the practice in. Keeps you sharp & helps with your timing."

With a grin he responds to the 'professional' response about music taking up datapad space with a comical sigh, "No music eh? ... That's kinda sad hehehe. I think Orchestral stuff would put pretty much everyone under out here wouldn't it?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 161d100 = 37

With the course set and the Bait and Switch soaring through the void, Rosseyn hits the intercom. "You boys want some music? Here's what they played at the club the day before I left and got myself captured."

01 Start the riot.mp3


"I don't think this will be putting anyone to sleep."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 20,1d100 = 43

Cairo wrote:"Hey, you guys have a practice targeting program installed? That's new. You use it for downtime training? Who's got the high score? ... and do we have any music by chance?"

"Actually it's standard for the newer long range models like the Bait and Switch. Like an instructor of mine always said, if you've got downtime, you've got time to train. You probably ran into him in Flight school, Chief Sergeant Anton Vickers. He handled Basic Turret Operations when I was there. He hated that I was taking two A-schools at the same time, and worse that his was the secondary course. But I passed his course with flying colors. Sims are always easier than the real thing. You can learn how a sim will react, no matter how many random algorithms you toss into the AIs."

Niall wrote:"Oh, yeah. It's pretty basic, but it gives you a primer on the weapons systems. Bodean had the highest score, but he was cheating," he smiles. "He was fully rated on these systems before we started."

"Just the versions I had made available to you Crash. There's the basic pre-destruction modules, plus I programmed in one that actually pits you against a simulation based on a real battle we experienced with the Atorians. It's under the custom tab. It's just a date for a title. I reskinned the basic ones with Atorian design and basic tactics, but that one is based on when A-tards found the fleet and we had to screen while the fleet prepped for a emergency jump. First time I'd worked with fighter squadrons. Working alone like we do, it's easy to forget just how much EM these shuttles can put out. But it was nice having that many eyes to pull from. Made it easier to reconstruct the battle. I had to share it with the brass, and sanitize the names and actual comm chatter, but I'm a big fan of ship and other game sims, so I had a plethora of names to choose from. Some grunt fifty years from now is going to think they were real people probably."
Cairo wrote:"Awww C'mon it just takes practice. FCS training was part of both my ADF training sessions hehehe before I got kicked from the Flight Academy, then while I was down at the PA Corps training. It's good to get the practice in. Keeps you sharp & helps with your timing."

"Yeah, my power armor training was done while I was helping rebuild a War Dog into a Dusk Hound. I'm just glad I had hard ass instructors in A-School. Makes the difference; it really does. I'm no B-man, but I do alright because of it. Just don't ask me to replicate it in basic armor and with long arms. Did that for a while, not fun. At least in the Dusk Hound I feel like I can contribute."

Niall wrote:"As far as music, I have some back on the Dauntless, but I don't usually use up datapad memory on a mission with that stuff. Once we get back aboard I can share what I have with you, though. It's mostly some Drago Han, some Irreedemables, some Valina Guatra... stuff like that. Not a big fan of orchestral stuff, but I have a bit of it, and Twilight Valley music wasn't really my bag but I have the Mighty Liquored Up album - it's great for parties."

Ryden laughs. "Mighty Liquored Up is hilarious! I copied B-man's copy of it a few weeks ago. I've been gathering all the music I can, just in case. I'm going to need to find something better than data modules to hold it, but given how much power is at a premium on the Dauntless, I felt it better than whipping up a server from scraps and storing it there."

Cairo wrote:"No music eh? ... That's kinda sad hehehe. I think Orchestral stuff would put pretty much everyone under out here wouldn't it?"

Rosseyn wrote:"You boys want some music? Here's what they played at the club the day before I left and got myself captured. I don't think this will be putting anyone to sleep."

Ryden's eyes bulge as he quickly kills the volume. He gives it a listen and sends Nova a request for a copy, but ends up listening to it at half volume or less most of the time as he works. He uploads a selection of songs. "These are some songs I had gathered a while back. There' two play lists, an hour each. Toss em on repeat and you should get through just fine. Once we're done with the trip I'm deleting them off the ship's computer. I have it backed up on my VR suit, but I want to save space for mission data, just in case. It's all movie and game soundtrack type stuff. Good to blast bad guys by. When we hit home base again, I'll transfer them to whoever wants them."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7SGn0MeP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNxu5_b1kQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47lkjYHmA98

The conversations, of course, are simply filler to occupy his mouth while his brain and hands work at his real task, programming a robotic sensor program for use with robotic probes. (Rolls to be made once TGM tells me what to make).

In the midst of all this, Ryden keeps an eye on the sensors, watching them for any changes in the readings to indicate anyone has noticed them. He's made sure to ride low-EM as much as he can. Internal comms are hardwired and therefore not EM signatures. Their drives and sensors, however, were detectable to anyone who happened to be looking in their direction. Only Arismal Jump technology had the ability to truly get the drop on people.
Read Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 20 (Passive sensors, and short burst long range active sensors if necessary)
Lore: Alien 60%/1d100 = 52 (If he comes across a signal, he'll rack his brain trying to identify it)
Intelligence 58%/1d100 = 71 (If he comes across a signal, he'll rack his brain trying to identify it)
Reference Library: Spaceship Mechanics (Galactic Theory & Practice) ☞ 40%/1d100 = 6 (If he comes across a signal, he'll research to find a match)
Reference Library: Arismal Modular Robot Electronics ☞ 50%/1d100 = 43 (If he comes across a signal, he'll research to find a match)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 75
Weapon Systems 65%=1d100 = 14

Halko stays at his turret through his shift running sims and expecting a proximity warning to go off. He grins as the others start to get bored and begin talking about music.

When Halko hears Ryden talk about the sim he made from the Atorian attack, Halko speaks up, "That fight was a fraking nightmare. I couldn't hit those fighters for anything. Hell, I'm surprised the Bait and Switch was able to be repaired at all. My turret was gone. Blasted through. Didn't we have multiple hull breaches. Though, I guess its a good thing to know the ship can take a pounding and keep on ticking."

When not eating or on a rotation at his turret, Halko does what he usually does and sleeps.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

Rolls Held Over
Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 21.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 4.


CJ smiles at the sharing and walks over to power-up his PA so that he can establish an uplink for access to its internal systems (ideally via some plugged in to a local port) from his fire-linked stations. He's never had any sort of issue with memory availability on any ADF ship, and music files are comparatively tiny, but he accepts that the tech-guys probably know better than he. "Thanks all. No way to recreate home or anything, but having some music available is better than the silence of a Pirate-Holding-Cell hehehe."

Brainiac's avalanche of info is a lot to sort through, but Cairo does his best, "I don't remember a Vickers, I remember a Varvarikos when I was at the Fleet Academy, I didn't get all the way through there though for .... personal reasons. Then later on I had a fellow named Jadotte handling FCS training at the Corps. I look forward to trying out your Atorian-Battle Sim though, that sounds like a good challenge ... A Duskhound? That's the modified looking Wardog in the back, right? ... That thing looks interesting. What changes did you manage to get them to put in? I've been hoping to get approval for one with some close-combat modifications and more efficient AG-type flight capabilities. Another option I'd floated were automated turrets to handle suppression fire concerns."

Pilot: Robot (All) 94%/114% Merged: 1d100 = 90
Computer Operations 60%/85% Merged: 1d100 = 921d100 = 47

Once those are in place, the PA Pilot posits another topic, "So if we are headed into the Liloqua quadrant, should we be practicing the local language?"

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 75%: 1d100 = 68

In Pilian: "Mine is decent, but not perfect, and I could use some practice if we're going to need to use it in the field ..."



In the course of the flight, Cairo will try to catch 8-9 hours sleep (not in 1 session), but it would not come until for a few hours.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 100

Gyn spends most of his time like Halko, either running sims and staring into space dreading something to pop up or in his rack sleeping. He can't shake the sense of desperation that's hounded him ever since that voice echoed in his head. I wonder if the other guys had that experience as well? With a shrug, he goes back to running another simulation, trying to get a feel for the weapons system at his fingertips. For the most part he's quiet, letting the brains do the heavy thinking, but he chimes in with a smile at the talk about music, "Hey now. Some of us like the orchestral and big band numbers. I remember my first live performance: Swingin' Xavier and his Duskhound Boys band. That was... well, before your time anyway."

Cairo wrote: In Pilian: "Mine is decent, but not perfect, and I could use some practice if we're going to need to use it in the field ..."


Language: Pilian Tongue - 1d100 = 13 / 70% Success!
"Mine's passable as well, which it should be seeing as it's the only reason I'm alive now. But most times, the ones we meet aren't interesting in talking so much as shooting," he answers back.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Rolls Held Over
Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 21.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 4.


Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 75%: 1d100 = 43

Cairo laughs at Gyn amiably responding in Pilian, "Prior regime my friend, prior regime ... [Nova] says we deal using words, not slugthrowers ... it is 'the plan' ... if we are lucky it will survive our contact. If not well, that's why we brought the guns right? We've got to bring home the ... how do you say? ... >[in Arismal]< Bacon ... Mmm I miss Bacon."
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:08 pm

In Transit
Ryden keeps an eye on the sensors, and makes sure that the Bait & Switch is running as silent as possible. Once during the transit, he thinks he picks up an EM spike in the 600 hz range that seems sourced planetside, but he's unable to detect such again. Along those same lines, he gets a massive burst of EM for a period of less than a second, but is unable to do more than scratch at his head in wonder at it. The EM signature would be consistent with the shielded output from an FTL drive, and the detection of positrons in that burst gives him a strong idea as to the possible drive type, but the sheer volume of the positrons in that split second burst make him seriously doubt an artificial source. Likely he picked up a stray burst from a distant quasar or some other bizarre galactic phenomenon, because for a drive to generate that volume of positrons in a single burst it would have to be...huge.

Cairo manages to upload some music files to his War Dog, and once he's back at his station, strikes up a conversation in Pilian with the others capable in order to knock some of the rust off his own skills and simultaneously teach some basic phrases to those unfamiliar with the primary language of trade in the Liloqua quadrant.

Day 40: Approaching Chandrakant II
View of Chandrakant II.jpg


Approaching the planet, the Bait & Switch gets within 20,000 miles and Niall begins his geological scans. Chandrakant II appears to be a warm, lush planet. The temperature difference between the poles and the equator is marginal. Scans indicate that tropical to subtropical conditions exist as far as 45° N, and temperate conditions extended to the poles. Scans seem to indicate the presence of arid subtropics between latitudes 10°-30° N due to constricted ocean basins rather than from climatic conditions, and humid midlatitudes poleward of 30°. There is an abundance of bauxite and laterite, which are typically products of deep weathering in warm climates with seasonal rainfall. Westerly winds appear to be permanently dominant in the lower to midlatitudes. Surface water temperatures are 86° in the equatorial regions, but at the poles are 63°. There doesn't appear to be any sign of a natural or artificial satellites in orbit, at least on this side of the planet.

What are your intentions?
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 am

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 2
JIC D20: 1d20 = 11
JIC D100: 1d100 = 10

Still During Trip
Cairo enjoys the downtime on the trip putting in a good 4 hours on targeting practice with the FCS, catching up on sleep and getting to know the rest of the Squad. During one of his shifts in the Pilot seat while Nova is napping, he notices the pretty much constant activity from Braniac's station, **That guy freakin never stops. Its like he's angling for a title as hardest-workin-man-in-the-Fleet hehehe ... What in the bright-halled-hells is he doing back there? ...**

"Pssst. Brainiac, what are you working on?" Assuming he isn't blown off, CJ will posit a few background programming questions, and then inquire into whether Brainiac could use a hand, "Don't have a nifty VR Suit, but I can Machine-Merge and do a bit of the Cyberjacking stuff. Or I can observe ... Don't want to get in the way."


Arrival
The PA Pilot catches view of Chandrakant 2 from his station as Merged and lets out a low whistle and a chuckle, "New guy gets to name it, right? So ... Xanreys 1?"

Bemusedly CJ will guide his linked FCS stations to access sensors so he can view any obviously potential dangers for targeting, then whatever results the passive and long range scanners are spitting out on the Planet and the Moon that was the source of prior EM signatures. His hope is that breathable atmosphere is just below them, **See, it'd be wrong to land just to walk on the ground and swim a few minutes under a clear sky wouldn't it? ... The Fleet needs us to be on the job of bringing back resources not ... Lollygaggin? That's like a Gyn-word hehehe **

Computer Operations 60%/85% Merged: 1d100 = 25
Read Sensory Equipment 50%/75% Merged: 1d100 = 25
Weapon Systems 60%/85% Merged: 1d100 = 24
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:03 am

Perception: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 81

Pops chuckles at Cairo's seeming innocence. "We can always hope and try, but the whole not shooting plan depends a lot on the other guy. Quit talking about food; I'm about ready to kill for a smoke, cup o' caff and bacon." As the ship approaches the promising planet, Gyn concentrates on his targeting displays. I just know something nasty is going to pop out and say 'boo.'
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 33

As the Bait and Switch nears Chandrakant II, Niall's spirits are buoyed by the readings from the geologic scans.

"Chandrakant II looks to be a tropical paradise. Temperate at the poles and tropics everywhere else, basically. And maybe uninhabited? No satellites on this side of the planet... ". He trails off. Could still have aliens on it, though.

I hope it's uninhabited. But there might be pre-space age aliens on there, or... Really really sneaky space age aliens."

He logs the mineral readings and other planetary data for his full report when they get back to the Dauntless.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 141d100 = 67

Nova chuckles a bit as he hears the crew switch over to the tongue of this system, Pilian. He responds in kind. "Good. Keep up the chatter. We may need it." - Pilian 1d100 = 2/90% - PASS Switching back to Arismal, he says "According to these scans, Crash, we've got water and minerals, right? The only other objective is organic matter for foodstuffs. Let's get down there and see what we've got."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:36 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Nova wrote:According to these scans, Crash, we've got water and minerals, right? The only other objective is organic matter for foodstuffs. Let's get down there and see what we've got."


"Based on the amount of green planetside, I'm going to hazard that we're going to find organic materials."

...or a LOT of oxidizing copper.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Rolls Carried Forward
[quote="Cairo"]Perception[+1]: Invalid dice code!
JIC D20: Invalid dice code!
JIC D100: Invalid dice code!

Cairo raises an eyebrow at the proposed course, "Should we go straight down if we have no idea what's on the Moon giving off all that EM that drew our concern? Hehe I mean I'm sure Xanreys 1 will be the answer to our prayers, and I'm very Pro-tropical-paradise. I believe on Arismal that those types of paradise were responsible for the development of Bikinis which I think we can all agree were Brainiac level brilliant ... but I will admit to still being curious about that Moon too ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 31

Sensory Equipment 60%=1d100 = 33
Weapon Systems 70%=1d100 = 45
Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 55%=1d100 = 73

Halko tries to follow along when the others start speaking Pilian, but he's having a bit of trouble. He mutters to himself, "So much for surprising the squad with a new found skill. Looks like I might actually need to find a teacher rather than the online courses." He shrugs it off for now though as they are approaching Chandrakant II and its moon.

Halko shuts down his combat sims and keeps his eyes on his targeting sensors.

When the chit chat picks back up in Arismal, Halko grins and nods along, "I agree sirs. An orbit or two of the planet and its moon, would likely be the best idea." Suddenly, he imagines getting shot down on the tropical paradise then he glances at the all male crew and cringes. He shakes his head to clear the wild thought and focuses back on his targeting array and any possible incoming bogies.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 3,1d100 = 59

Cairo wrote:"I don't remember a Vickers, I remember a Varvarikos when I was at the Fleet Academy, I didn't get all the way through there though for .... personal reasons. Then later on I had a fellow named Jadotte handling FCS training at the Corps. I look forward to trying out your Atorian-Battle Sim though, that sounds like a good challenge ... A Duskhound? That's the modified looking Wardog in the back, right? ... That thing looks interesting. What changes did you manage to get them to put in? I've been hoping to get approval for one with some close-combat modifications and more efficient AG-type flight capabilities. Another option I'd floated were automated turrets to handle suppression fire concerns."

"You probably ran afoul of the power requirements really. I had a power systems tech from the dauntless's power armor hangars helping me do the modifications. To include a signal interdiction pack and sat comms, I had to drop the lasers, and I still run a bit hot, EM wise, from time to time. Luckily I don't usually have to push it too hard. I also have links to and from my VR suit for uploading and downloading files and programs. Other than that, and some slightly upgraded comm software, and my own personal touches of the translator program, she's more or less stock. As for Vavarikos, I remember him too. He did my final eval for my wings."

Later On
The Game Master wrote:Ryden keeps an eye on the sensors, and makes sure that the Bait & Switch is running as silent as possible. Once during the transit, he thinks he picks up an EM spike in the 600 hz range that seems sourced planetside, but he's unable to detect such again. Along those same lines, he gets a massive burst of EM for a period of less than a second, but is unable to do more than scratch at his head in wonder at it. The EM signature would be consistent with the shielded output from an FTL drive, and the detection of positrons in that burst gives him a strong idea as to the possible drive type, but the sheer volume of the positrons in that split second burst make him seriously doubt an artificial source. Likely he picked up a stray burst from a distant quasar or some other bizarre galactic phenomenon, because for a drive to generate that volume of positrons in a single burst it would have to be... huge.


'Better keep an eye on those frequencies.' He sets the ship's sensors to keep an eye out for those frequencies as they approach and afterwards. Something that big shouldn't be able to hide, except perhaps behind a moon or planet. Computer Programming 1d100 = 44/100% PASS; Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 16/60% PASS

Cairo wrote:"Pssst. Brainiac, what are you working on?" Assuming he isn't blown off, CJ will posit a few background programming questions, and then inquire into whether Brainiac could use a hand, "Don't have a nifty VR Suit, but I can Machine-Merge and do a bit of the Cyberjacking stuff. Or I can observe ... Don't want to get in the way."

Ryden looks genuinely surprised someone is talking to him during target practice time. "Huh? Oh, sure if you want to I guess. I'm actually working in strictly code right now. Programming a scanning program for a set of probes Crash and I are working on. I want to be able to deploy probes into a system, let them do the scan and transmit it back to the ship. It will let us scan a system from the outside of it without putting us in danger of running into a place like where we found you guys. If the probe runs afoul of defense sats or pirates, we can either send another, go in hot, or get out of system, based on the response and threat analysis. Of course all you get back is raw data, so someone still has to collate it on this end who knows what they are looking at, but it reduces the threat exposure of the survey crews. And because each one is tied by a hard coded transmit code, there's no security breach if the enemy gets hold of one. And there's nothing next gen about it, just exploiting existing resources. And the best part is after the survey, you meet them on the other side of the system, collect and refuel them, and then jump to the next system or head in to investigate if something piques your interest. You have any AI experience? We're going to need a basic one, and unless a good friend of mine has the goods, it's going to be hard to find anyone who can program one."

Cairo wrote:The PA Pilot catches view of Chandrakant 2 from his station as Merged and lets out a low whistle and a chuckle, "New guy gets to name it, right? So ... Xanreys 1?"

"Or Chandrakant 2, until we have more info. If that green is ozydized copper, we could call it rust bucket. If not it'll be New Twilight Vale. Of course that's assuming it's not Sadrez IV from Death Pits of the Valerium Sector, in which case I respectfully request to stay on this ship, while it heads out of system." He chuckles. Death Pits of the Valerium Sector was a popular game, and Sadrez IV was the deadliest world in the game, even on the lowest difficulties. It was some sort of a jungle world where even the plants tried to eat you.

Rosseyn wrote:"According to these scans, Crash, we've got water and minerals, right? The only other objective is organic matter for foodstuffs. Let's get down there and see what we've got."

Niall wrote:"Based on the amount of green planetside, I'm going to hazard that we're going to find organic materials."

Cairo wrote:"Should we go straight down if we have no idea what's on the Moon giving off all that EM that drew our concern? Hehe I mean I'm sure Xanreys 1 will be the answer to our prayers, and I'm very Pro-tropical-paradise. I believe on Arismal that those types of paradise were responsible for the development of Bikinis which I think we can all agree were Brainiac level brilliant ... but I will admit to still being curious about that Moon too ... "

Halko wrote:"I agree sirs. An orbit or two of the planet and its moon, would likely be the best idea." Suddenly, he imagines getting shot down on the tropical paradise then he glances at the all male crew and cringes. He shakes his head to clear the wild thought and focuses back on his targeting array and any possible incoming bogies.

Ryden is about to crack wise in response to CJ, but instead he suddenly bolts up straight as a thought plays through his mind. 'FTL Comms?' He quickly scans the surface again. "Nova, can we do a polar orbit of the planet? I have a hunch I'd like to play out before we head planet side. One polar orbit and one equatorial orbit is all I ask. If you agree to it, I'll be running some scans, and I'd appreciate you running some with your geological sensors too Crash. We're looking for odd formations of rock that don't look natural, like they could be hiding an underground base. Or clearings that don't look quite as debris-covered. And check the moon as well. I'm wondering if that ping we got earlier wasn't some sort of FTL comm. You'd only need a quick burst of FTL to open a FTL tunnel for comm bursts. Worst case, I'm completely off and we wasted a little bit of time taking closer readings of the entire planet. All the same, I suggest combat patrol readiness until we're sure either way. I really hope I'm wasting everyone's time, to be honest. We could really use a win here." As he is running scans, he runs a scan through the database programs he got looking for a match. It looked familiar, but not THAT familiar. And once he found a match, he begins looking up who uses them or anything even close to that.

Military: Electronic Warfare 1d100 = 54/65% PASS (for counter EW work)
Cryptography 1d100 = 4075% PASS (To punch through any crypto)
Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 54/60% PASS
Reference Library: Spaceship Mechanics (Galactic Theory & Practice) 1d100 = 43/40% FAIL
Lore: Alien 60+15 (reference library)=1d100 = 48/75% PASS
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 am

Perception[+1]: Original post: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JIC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 92

Still During Trip
Ryden wrote:Ryden looks genuinely surprised someone is talking to him during target practice time. " ... You have any AI experience? We're going to need a basic one, and unless a good friend of mine has the goods, it's going to be hard to find anyone who can program one."


CJ shakes his head, "Nope my programming experience is a lot more limited. That's more of a Tech-specialist type thing. I have some of the talents but played around a bit too much in school ... " The PA Pilot will watch some of the coding for a while to see what tricks he can pick up, then head back to his post if the EWO looks to be getting annoyed.

OOC: Shouldn't there be a useable basic AI on the Bot here: viewtopic.php?p=113292#p113292 ? It's not with us (because it's on the other ship) and I'm not sure if we'd want to use their programming in case there were issues with the Atorians being able to crack into them easily, but it is something we'd have access to for the project later on.
TGM EDIT: I was wondering when someone would remember that. :)

Orbiting

CJ gets up from the R1-Turret and moves back to the R2-Turret, prepping himself to Merge with the FCS while he waits for orders, or targets to begin popping onto his screen. **The Rear turret is just a second closer to my Wardog, but it feels better in case we end up seeing action to be able to go from one to the other ... probably just nerves.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm

(rolls held)
Cairo wrote:CJ shakes his head, "Nope my programming experience is a lot more limited. That's more of a Tech-specialist type thing. I have some of the talents but played around a bit too much in school ... " The PA Pilot will watch some of the coding for a while to see what tricks he can pick up, then head back to his post if the EWO looks to be getting annoyed.

"Worth asking. Sometimes people surprise you." His voice betrays no sarcasm or sign of being let down, just matter of fact. 'And sometimes they live right up to your expectations, know it all first tier. Ah well, not his fault he's living in the old delusions of first tier primacy.' Ryden nods and focuses on his coding, and even when CJ pops in to view the coding, Ryden doesn't seem at all bothered. In fact, he types all the faster, zooming around the code as CJ watches - probably showing off.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 201d100 = 63

"A hunch? I'll follow a hunch. Polar orbit it is." Nova pilots the ship a bit closer to Chandrakant II and sets a course to orbit the planet. "Underground bases, eh? You sound like an intel officer."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:27 pm

After a bunch of chatter and moving about the interior of the Albatross, Cairo switches positions to the Romeo 2 turret and keeps a distracted eye on the various readings on the panel.

Gyn, amused by the frenetic actions of the highly energetic CJ, does his best to maintain his concentration on his targeting displays.

Niall logs the mineral readings and other planetary data before venturing his assessment that organic material is likely to be in abundance on the surface of the planet.

When Nova suggests making ready for landing, Cairo raises concern at the proposed course of action.

Halko backs-up CJ's concern. "I agree, sirs. An orbit or two of the planet and its moon would likely be the best idea."

Ryden sets the ship's sensors to keep an eye out for any emissions as they approach Chandrakant II's exosphere. A fear manifests itself in Ryden's mind, and he quickly scans the surface again. He interjects in agreement with CJ and Jerrick.

Rosseyn relents. "A hunch? I'll follow a hunch. Polar orbit it is." Nova pilots the ship a bit closer to Chandrakant II and sets a course to orbit the planet on a vertical trajectory. "Underground bases, eh? You sound like an intel officer."

Ryden lets the insult pass. He has more important concerns at the forefront of his mind.

They begin geological and EM scans as they enter into a vertical, trans-polar orbit. They can detect no sign as of yet of modification to the surface of the planet, but at this proximity are able to verify an abundance of organic life. As they approach the zenith point of their vertical orbit, Ryden's console starts flashing at him. There's a ship in orbit. He instinctively cuts EM emissions to nil across the ship. Switching to passive sensors, he picks up only faint EM emissions from the ship. He checks the data that scrolls across his screen from the IFF database of known transponders and corresponding vessel types. The transponder signal belongs to an Atorian Imperial Navy vessel, that much is clear. The rest of the sparse data Ryden just cannot believe. The ship is actually visible in space with the naked eye across the vast distance. No ship could be 19 miles long. He has heard rumors of FAR space stations and TGE orbital shipyards close to that size, and the Dauntless was about the same size as most of the heavy deployers in service in FAR, but if the data is right, this thing...it suddenly dawns on Ryden that they have not yet been pinged by active EM.

Albatross-Cockpit-View.jpg


What are your intentions?
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 11,1d100 = 44

Ryden's hands are a sudden flurry as he cuts every non-essential system in an instant when he gets the first ping of recognition from the ship. He lets out a low whistle as he sees it. Over the ship's internal hard wired comms, he quips, "You know what I hate worse than being wrong about a paranoid hunch? Being right. No active EM. Could be abandoned, could be one hell of a trick. Whatever it is, that thing is massive. Nineteen kilometers if it's a centimeter. This turns into Dead in Space and I am out of there and we can let a couple platoons of marines have the honor of storming that thing. If that is uninhabited, we'd better find out why. if it's not, we'd best find out by who."

He gives the others a moment before looking to their CO. "Nova, how do you want to proceed?"

rolls from last post wrote:Reference Library: Spaceship Mechanics (Galactic Theory & Practice) Invalid dice code!/40% FAIL
Lore: Alien 60+15 (reference library)=Invalid dice code!/75% PASS
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 19
JIC D20: 1d20 = 6
JIC D100: 1d100 = 65

Current Conditions: Merged to FCS Stations [Romeo1 & Romeo2]

***G%@dFr&>K^ing-Damnit ... the Atorians have come for Xanreys 1 ... Hehehe ... Blood and F^kin ashes ... That thing is big. What do we do? Wait quietly? Firing the engines might bring a swarm of trouble down on us ...***

Hoping he doesn't sound too terrified, CJ steels himself for orders, "Bet the have rations aboard that tub. That thing's a flipping eyesore. No EM? New Stealth tech maybe?? Are they expanding into this Quadrant? ... "

Weapon Systems 60%/85% Merged: 1d100 = 93
Read Sensory Equipment 50%/75% Merged:1d100 = 4
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:52 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 27

When Niall's geological scans instantly cut off, his first reaction is annoyance, but when he looks up and sees the 19-mile thing in orbit his annoyance turns to ice in his stomach, and his sits there, frozen in place, for a few moments while Ryden updates the crew.

Brainiac wrote:"You know what I hate worse than being wrong about a paranoid hunch? Being right. No active EM. Could be abandoned, could be one hell of a trick. Whatever it is, that thing is massive. Nineteen kilometers if it's a centimeter. This turns into Dead in Space and I am out of there and we can let a couple platoons of marines have the honor of storming that thing. If that is uninhabited, we'd better find out why. if it's not, we'd best find out by who."


Is that... a ship? Surely it's a station...

Cairo wrote: "Bet the have rations aboard that tub. That thing's a flipping eyesore. No EM? New Stealth tech maybe?? Are they expanding into this Quadrant? ... "


Expanding? Does he mean...

"Atorians?" In a ship that big? No active EM?

Niall immediately feels a rush of conflicting emotions. He doesn't trust that thing, and wants to flee, go where they can't find us. His breathing begins to quicken.

Then he thinks about Arismal. His breathing slows, and he grits his teeth. He swallows hard. "Orders from spooks..." He shakes his head, as if to dislodge the thought.

"What would Atorians be doing with a ship that big, and no accompanying vessels?

Intelligence ☞ 50% 1d100 = 91 (FAIL)
Lore: Alien ☞ 40% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)

Of course, at that size, it could be a colony ship. Whatever it is could be experimental, which could mean a higher statistical chance of a catastrophic failure.

Niall stands up, to get a better view of the thing. As he stares at it, he unconsciously fiddles with the pommel of his vibro-sword.

"I don't think it's stealth tech, at that size. Trying to mask that much EM would be practically impossible. Might as well try to stealth a city. I don't think we can get close without them seeing us, if they're active. Also don't think we can necessarily take out a ship that big with just the 1st SOG - we're talking a crew of thousands at that ship size. We can maybe take out the ship, though, if we can fight to the engines, and plant a nuke - but that's a theoretical suicide mission. If it's abandoned, though... That's a different story."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:12 am

Rolls Held Over
Cairo wrote:Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 19.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 6.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 65.

Current Conditions: Merged to FCS Stations [Romeo1 & Romeo2]


Lore: Alien 35%: 1d100 = 21 (Pass)

Niall wrote:"Atorians?" ... Niall stands up, to get a better view of the thing. As he stares at it, he unconsciously fiddles with the pommel of his vibro-sword. "I don't think it's stealth tech, at that size. Trying to mask that much EM would be practically impossible. Might as well try to stealth a city. I don't think we can get close without them seeing us, if they're active. Also don't think we can necessarily take out a ship that big with just the 1st SOG - we're talking a crew of thousands at that ship size. We can maybe take out the ship, though, if we can fight to the engines, and plant a nuke - but that's a theoretical suicide mission. If it's abandoned, though... That's a different story."


If Cairo's hands had not been merged to the FCS station in front of him, they'd probably be shaking, but he will try to keep a clearly humorous tone as he wracks his brain for what he recalls of the Atorians and even if anything was mentioned by that gal from the Pirate ship (Gawena), "It's a Matriarchal society hehehe and women do all sorts of crazy shit <chuckle>... They could be all about Stealth Cities and Capital Ships. It might be in fashion in their Empire this year ... Or maybe they discarded it here because it's no-longer fashionable to have 20 mile-long Capital Ships?, You need to have one at least 24? ... Maybe they are trying to compensate for something."
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am

Data from the passive sensors gets crunched by the ship's computer, and a bit of extra data scrolls onto Ryden's screen. The data is quickly routed through the feed to the other station screens:

Dimensions: estimated at 100,000' long and 20,000' wide at widest point (estimate based on parallax from given vantage)
Mass: approximately 100,000 tons (estimate from the magnitude of gravimetric displacement)
Collated visual data overview: Visual indications of advanced sensor systems, five visible launch bays on port side, one dorsal docking collar visible, two docking collars visible of port side, hull appears intact, no leaking atmo in evidence, not emitting any strong EM.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:20 pm

(rolls held)

Cairo wrote: "Bet the have rations aboard that tub. That thing's a flipping eyesore. No EM? New Stealth tech maybe?? Are they expanding into this Quadrant? ... "

Niall wrote:"Atorians?"

"I doubt it's any sort of invasion or expansion. Most the intel we've gathered said even their attack on us wasn't some sort of prelude to an invasion, more getting rid of a rival before it became one. They're scared of our jump tech. Course all it did is make us look outwards for the first time in our history. We'll see how smart it was for them to provoke the hornet's nest in the long term. Besides, thing to remember about the Empire is just because the Empresses will it, doesn't mean it's what everyone there wants. They've killed and murdered whole clans of their own people, exiled more. What they did to us is unthinkable, but really it's just one more in a long series of atrocities. With power-mad idiots like this, it's easy to forget the first people to feel their brutal reign is their own." He thinks a moment. "These could be exiles actually. Doesn't make them friendly, but it is possible."

Niall wrote:"I don't think it's stealth tech, at that size. Trying to mask that much EM would be practically impossible. Might as well try to stealth a city. I don't think we can get close without them seeing us, if they're active. Also don't think we can necessarily take out a ship that big with just the 1st SOG - we're talking a crew of thousands at that ship size. We can maybe take out the ship, though, if we can fight to the engines, and plant a nuke - but that's a theoretical suicide mission. If it's abandoned, though... That's a different story."

"Could also be that they just did the same thing I did and powered everything down at once. Depending on the level of automation they have, it can be done. Could also be controlled by some AI which could be communicating with a planet side colony on the 600 Hz range. Could also be some sort of experimental deep sleep colony ship or worse a prison ship." He pauses, then smirks. "Of course we're not going to know until we actually look. We could go to one of the docking rings, offload everyone but me. I fly the ship out a bit, tether her to the base, Nova portals back out to me, and we all walk in. If we need to evacuate, we do so in an instant via portal. I can set the ship to alert us if it gets any kind of readings I list as not liking. As long as we stick together we can be back on the ship and moving inside of a minute if its a trap. We just all have to make sure we are damn close together if something happens. That way we don't leave anyone behind." 'Like we almost did last time.' He doesn't finish his thought out loud in a rare show of compassion for their new commander. If everyone had stuck together it wouldn't have been an issue.

Cairo wrote:"It's a Matriarchal society hehehe and women do all sorts of crazy shit <chuckle>... They could be all about Stealth Cities and Capital Ships. It might be in fashion in their Empire this year ... Or maybe they discarded it here because it's no-longer fashionable to have 20 mile-long Capital Ships?, You need to have one at least 24? ... Maybe they are trying to compensate for something."

Ryden snerks. "Not that crazy. This looks like the work of exiles pouring all their funds into one last ditch effort to get everyone out. Probably done in secret in some asteroid field until they started loading it and flying out of system, probably hours ahead of some purge, judging by the lack of capital weapons fire scoring."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 30

Intelligence: 1d100 = 96 / 54%

Pops gives a slight shiver as if someone had walked over his grave when he realizes what they were facing. Holy felgercarb; that thing is huge. For a moment Gyn stares at the data scrolling across the display as he listens to the others' comments. Finally he clears his throat and starts, "okay, Nova, this is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out. The ship can't get close to that thing without getting detected, but one man can. I'll take one of the suits from storage and see if I can get aboard or at least get some better intelligence. I think it's our best shot and I'm the best choice to go." Gyn stops and swallows hard. Well, what's the matter you ape; you wanna live forever? The old man smiles at the thought.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 16

Sensory Equipment 60%=1d100 = 22


Halko shakes his head as the huge ship comes up on the monitor, "No EM readings of note? How the hell does something that large stay in orbit without its engines pumping?" His question sounds almost retorical as he stares at his screen.

When Gyn speaks up, Halko says, "I agree the Bait and Switch shouldn't get anywhere near that thing. With 5 launch bays, god only know what that thing can fling at us. And then it'll be a race to get out of the system and jump. As for sending Gyn in... If he goes, I go. I've got all the proper training and a two man team has a better chance. Plus I can use my Wardog or that Marine Armor we have stored in the back to fly us both over there."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Rolls Held Over
Cairo wrote:Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 19.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 6.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 65.

Current Conditions: Merged to FCS Stations [Romeo1 & Romeo2]


CJ frowns at Gyn and Halko's remarks with a sinking feeling in his gut. A bead of sweat begins to form, destined to trace a trail down the left side of his face, ***Is this the part where we all have to volunteer? Cuz Pops might be willing to go, and Halko want's to go if Pops goes ... and honestly I'm probably best suited ... since I can see whether power is running to a device, and access it via Merge. That said, that's just an idiotic idea, right? Maybe not idiotic, lunatic? It's a true Marine/Infantry plan ... But, we're vetoing it though right? The whole train of thought. Before it get's to 'no let's send the new guy' ... right??? Awwww c'mon***

CJ's breathing quickens a bit and he'll start to simply magnify views of the ship looking for signs of: #1 A Naming Designation, #2 Activity (is anything powered up? Lights? Movement?), #3 where could they land the Albatross Cleanly that it would not be exposed to weapons-fire because landing it in one of the landing bays sounds like begging to have it closed.

***I don't wanna free-jump the ___^ing Void again. Let's take the Albatross in. Land it somewhere quiet, then move this thing away from the planet. Nova's supposed to be able to Gateway all over the dang place right? Land, walk in, Gateway back out to the Albatross. After that we can go down to Chandrakant 2 and see if they have invented Bikinis yet or if they have something better for gals to wear ... Y'know on second thought ...***

"Nova, are you able to portal from something like that Ship to the Planet? Should we land and set an actual safe evac spot on the far side of the planet, then come right back up? ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:43 pm

(Rolls held)

Halko wrote:"I agree the Bait and Switch shouldn't get anywhere near that thing. With 5 launch bays, god only know what that thing can fling at us. And then it'll be a race to get out of the system and jump. As for sending Gyn in... If he goes, I go. I've got all the proper training and a two man team has a better chance. Plus I can use my Wardog or that Marine Armor we have stored in the back to fly us both over there."


"Actually, if when they were putting into orbit originally they settled it into one of the places in orbit where orbital gravitic forces hold it in place. It'd be a pretty easy thing to verify if I thought for an instant we wouldn't get detected. Hey, Niall, pull up the planetary scans you did and see if that thing is in one of the orbital points. You should be able to run it as a simulation even if it doesn't have full data. We'd at least know whether it's cloaking itself to stay in orbit, or if it's just using tricksy orbital mechanics." He grins a bit at his word choice. He could check into it, but Niall had already proven that his understanding of astrophysics was greater than Ryden's. 'Something to fix very soon,' he thinks.

"Personally I'd just as soon land and ignore that thing than send you guys out there on your own. There's six of us. We don't have enough people for brave sacrifices." he glances to Nova. "Respectfully, of course. It just seems like a inefficient use of resources when we have so few." They'd lost too many as it was - too many to throw anyone away. When a guy like Bodean's presence is missed for more than just his likeability, you know you have personnel problems.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 61d100 = 40

Nova looks over to Brainiac and thinks for a moment. If we land, we could die. If we dock, we could die. If we void-jump, we could die. If we're gonna die, let's do it with style then. "We need everyone here alive. No one's going to the ship if everyone's not going. But that doesn't matter. We're going planetside. We do our job first. Once that's done, if there's a good reason for it, we're going to explore that giant ship. But for right now, we are headed down to Chandrakant II. Brainiac, keep us silent." This had better be worth it.

Nova pilots the ship on a course to land on Chandrakant II. Pilot Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 15/93% - PASS (added in +10% to all piloting rolls from Bait and Switch)
Last edited by Snappy [Bot] on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:01 pm

(rolls held)

Ryden shrugs. "Well I've already got us quiet. I can monitor the output to make sure it stays that way, but as soon as we power up the engines we're detectable on every gravimetric sensor in the system. Granted, we were heading in, but we had a planet between us and them. If you adjust your heading in, we can at least get behind the planet before we cut it on, or you can dead stick it until the very last second. Not sure I brought the right underwear for that though. Question is, where do you want to go? We're heading for the northern pole, so that's the first suggestion. The only real requirement is opposite the planet from that ship until we're ready to figure out what's going on. It looks to be in a geostationary orbit. Once we're close, we can fly around until we see what we are looking for. The planet's gravity should mask us just fine. Given the poles are the more temperate areas, I say shoot for there. Not sure I want to stress the environmentals on our suits trying to cool us that much - but in the end it's on you bossman. So where are we going and how are we getting there?"

Just to ensure their utter EM silence, Ryden begins monitoring every single radio wave in their vicinity, looking for active scans, EM leakage, and anything out of the ordinary. Passive sensors would be blind on entry, especially if Nova decides to go dead stick. He also slides up to the co-pilot seat, ready to assist with timely thruster assistance as needed, forwarding all of his readouts to that seat.

Pilot Military Spacecraft: Medium 76%/1d100 = 72 PASS
Pilot Military Spacecraft: Medium 76%/1d100 = 62 PASS
Pilot Military Spacecraft: Medium 76%/1d100 = 42 PASS
Read Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 89 FAIL
Military: Electronic Warfare 70%/1d100 = 99 FAIL
Navigation (Land, Air, Water) 80%/1d100 = 76 PASS
Last edited by Guest on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 pm

(Rolls held over)

"Strap in gentlemen. And think happy thoughts. We're going in dead stick. Brainiac, you're my co-pilot." Nova uses the thrusters to head toward the North Pole of Chandrakant II without alerting the large ship to their presence. Once they get through the atmosphere and are low enough to avoid detection, Nova will hit the gravity drives and make a landing at the nearest suitable spot. Pilot Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 391d100 = 701d100 = 79/93% - PASS (until the modifiers come that is; added in +10% to all piloting rolls from Bait and Switch)
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Next

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests