Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 am

Perception: 1d20 = 20

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 93

While he had things to do, Niall remained calm, but in these quiet moments, anticipating the enemy ship's arrival, full of hostile aliens, it was all Niall could do to keep from vomiting. Keep it together, Niall... We have a good plan, we'll take out these alien scum before they know what hit 'em. He shifts his weight from foot to foot. Shame I couldn't repair that turret.

As he checks his weapons once again, his stomach churns, and he recalls the words of his old CO: 'Orders from spooks tend to shorten one's lifespan.' He looks over at Nibiru and Ryden. He swallows hard. "Crash in Position"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 8,1d100 = 77

Pops follows along as plans are formed and put into place. All the wile his main focus is on the prisoners and keeping them under control. Once they're secure, the old cop looks around at his team. "If you can, give me a chance to put a twister into the bottleneck before you close it off. That should help to shake them up." Stepping away from the others, Gyn begins to spin, feeling the power in the wind and gathering it to him.
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2035, Day 32
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Hesperos System, Hesperos Prime
CLIMATE: Breathable artificial atmo, 50 degrees
VISIBILITY: Artificial lighting (70w)
TERRAIN: Artificial tunnel system
STARSHIP LOCATION: Docked


Hesperos Pirate Station
The Arismal team on Hesperos station begins to get into position for the incoming ship's arrival and the conflict that is sure to follow.

Bodean takes up position with Halko where they theorize the raiders might enter the station. He takes up a kneeling position under partical cover from a corner, exposing only what is necessary. "Wrath in position."

Halko holds his position just inside the hatch where the first turret is housed. He nods to Bodean as the one man wrecking crew comes up and takes his position beside Halko. "Wrath, why don't you chuck a couple grenades in as the force fields bottle them up. Make it easy on the L.T. and Nova."

"Crash in Position" Nial says in a slightly shaky voice from beside Ryden at the station's control center still.

Stepping away from the others, Gyn begins to spin, feeling the power in the wind and gathering it to him. "If you can, give me a chance to put a twister into the bottleneck before you close it off. That should help to shake them up."

GM NOTE: Nova, Speckles, and Brainiac still needed to advance scene.

Hesperos-1.jpg


Pirate Ship Scarab

Once the door shuts, Cairo pushes himself to his feet. "Laz...would you be so kind as to dim the damn lights, I think this is it, whatever way it's going to go. I'd really like to see a bit better. When they sell me I hope they get ripped off because of the condition of their merchandise." Cairo reaches into the shadows and draws forth a cloak made of shadows. "My ideas are limited at the moment. There seem to be a few mechanical systems in here. We can crank them all the way one way or another, even take them all the way out; start making problems outside and add to their tension. Assuming those are chemical fire extinguishers, even Foren & Silkie are going to be thrown for a second by a face full of it." Cairo manages to use one of his sleeves (caked with dried blood, but serviceable to his aim) and manages to wipe the worst of the filth from his helmet. The smell is still enough to make him gag.

Laz lingers at the doorway with her bloody nose.

As CJ speaks, she just nods and motions for him to keep his voice down just in case. "They're about to battle. Someone might have stormed their base. Which means they might only spare one person to come fetch us, but if we screw with the valves they'll get pissed and come in force." Considering his ideas, she adds, "Check the extinguishers, grab whichever one feels fullest. If they send someone for us we're going to greet them."

Both of the bottles appear to be empty by weight. A quick valve release check confirms as much. The pirates are consistent, at least: safety isn't one of their priorities.

Laz guides Gawena to the safest corner of the room, and instructs her how to use the med pack as a shield before returning to CJ. "Now the plan. We hide near the door. When they come to fetch us they see Gawena through the door so they'll likely still enter. When they're in you smash them with the extinguisher while I try to shut them in with us. An Automag in the face should be enough to get them to disarm, willingly or not. If there's trouble, buy us time by spraying the extinguisher. Input?"

CJ picks up a fire extinguisher to use as a bludgeon and takes up the best position near the door he can imagine. It's of sturdy construction, if not heavy. "Two things. If I go down or you think the timing is right, shoot the 2nd Fire Extinguisher. The pressure release will at the very least, give you a Boom that should throw them off. Next, if you are going to try and shut the door, prep some Wedges of wood to keep it jammed shut." He looks into the infrared spectrum to see if he can determine when someone is coming. He cannot see through the cool, blue bulkhead, but the opaque porthole material is enough to just make out if anything or anyone is moving just outside the door.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Nibiru » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 62
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

Shit. Nibiru gets on the radio to Rosseyn immediately. "They're coming in too fast Nova. They must have you on sensors. Change of plans." Nibiru opens the radio to all of the Arismal and says, "We're on their sensors. Everyone through Nova's portal to the ship, on the double. Our plan is compromised and I don't want us split."

If the portal to the Bait and Switch works, Nibiru will direct all the Arismal to take it to the ship, going through last. He will then move to the pilot's compartment and direct Nova to stay out of weapon's range if possible.

Contingency:

If the portal doesn't work to the moving Bait and Switch, Nibiru will instead tell Nova, "Stay out of weapon range from them. Jump out of system and wait two hours before jumping back. We'll hold the station."
Nibiru
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 20
JIC D20: 1d20 = 4
JIC D100: 1d100 = 55

HP: 34/139 SDC: 42/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Severely Beaten (1 APM, and -50% to all skills); Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ their Initiative/Perception/Combat Bonuses (Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle) vs this character, ½ Damage from light & laser based attacks]

Cairo tentatively hefts the Fire Extinguisher again then advises Laz, "Both of these things are empty. No Chemical warfare for us ... " He'll then use the can to smack 2 of the lights out and make it a bit more Arismal-friendly light-wise, and climb back into position where he is poised to strike one of these damnable pirates.

As they sit there waiting for their plan to stand or fail the lyrics of an old song from home float through his mind, **You may take my life but I'll take yours too, Ya fire your rifle but I'll run you through, So when you're waiting for the next attack You'd better stand firm because there's no turning back. The Horn sounds and the charge begins but on the battlefield no one wins. I smell the smoke and horses breath as I plunge on into certain death ... Owww ... My side hurts. Damn I could use a beer.**

If the opportunity presents itself, CJ will swing with all his might at the back of a guy's skull, unsporting as it may seem ... then parry as best he can as needed.

Initiative: 1d20 = 6
APM: 1 (right now)

1] Smack Guy in the Head with everything he has .... 1d20+9 = 25, Damage: Unknown, 2d6 maybe? ... 2d6+2 = 9

Parry: 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 21 1d20+11 = 26 1d20+11 = 14
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Lazash Kecil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am

Perception (+11): 1d20+11 = 20
JiC (d20/d100): 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 12

Lazash wasn't one to fidget once a plan was in motion. Even the canisters being empty doesn't change the plan much. "Keep the other near the door, and add some more trash to trip them up." She pitches in, making sure a path exists for the door to open and the pair of them to move, but if whoever it was tries to move from where they were corralling them it will be difficult. Then she takes her place again, thankful for the small size, and fits her goggles into place. The one time they forget them thankfully.

The moment someone enters she forces the door closed behind them while CJ attacks. The next moment she's on them, hoping to put the barrel of that Automag against something soft and unarmored or in their face. Muzzle to meat. Coming this far she doesn't take risks and if they make an aggressive move she pulls the trigger for a short burst. But if they comply she says to CJ "Grab their weapons." while still ready to shoot. The exceptions, if it's that woman Kindra she doesn't wait for an aggressive move and unloads the full magazine into her then proceeds to beat her with the empty Automag or if they enter armed she will shoot a short burst to disarm.

APM 4 (5 with guns)
Action 1: Close the door and advance. Muzzle to meat if close enough. Or Disarm: Strike 1d20+5 = 17 Damage: 1d4*4 = 12
Action 2: Muzzle to meat ready to fire. If needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 16 Damage: 1d4*4 = 16 or 1d4*8 = 16 (if Kindra).
Action 3: If needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 5 Damage: 1d4*4 = 16 for burst, unknown for beating.
Action 4: If needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 21 Damage: 1d4*4 = 16 for burst, unknown for beating.
Lazash Kecil
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 10

Nibiru opens the radio to all of the Arismal and says, "We're on their sensors. Everyone through Nova's portal to the ship, on the double. Our plan is compromised and I don't want us split."


Halko curses to himself then says over the comms as he gives Bodean a nod, "Roger that. What's the location of Nova's portal?"

Until he gets a location of the portal, Halko will continue to cover the airlock, not willing to risk falling back only to have the pirates board the station without them knowing.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 17

Nibiru wrote:"We're on their sensors. Everyone through Nova's portal to the ship, on the double. Our plan is compromised and I don't want us split."


Frakfrakfrakfrak

"Frak!" Niall gathers his wits and follows Nibiru through Nova's portal. He glares at the two trussed-up aliens as they leave.

Frak... there was so much useful stuff here... As they leave, a number of ideas race through his head to make the asteroid less hospitable to the aliens - turn the power off, destroy the airlocks, etc, but those things take time, and the Bait and Switch isn't a piece that can be sacrificed in this game. Going to have to give up the station for now.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 8 11 regarding modern technology, 13 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 35

Nibiru wrote:Nibiru gets on the radio to Rosseyn immediately. "They're coming in too fast Nova. They must have you on sensors. Change of plans."

"You have to be frakking kidding me..." Nova mumbles to himself while switching his focus from piloting to getting everyone on board the Bait and Switch. Never tried to open a portal while on the move before... Here goes nothing. He slows down the Bait and Switch as quickly as possible (Pilot Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 16/83% - PASS), attempts to open a gateway between the Bait and Switch and the room where he was interrogating the pirates.

If successful, he will stick his head through and yell, "Time to book it. Get in."

If unsuccessful, he will follow Speckles' second command and hightail it out of the system for two hours.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Bodean » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 11

Bodean isn't exactly happy about the change in plans. Mostly he was looking forward to punching something. Well, more likely plural things. Repeatedly. With gusto. However, he's also not the type to disobey an order. So he hops to it, calling to Halko, "Let's do a staggered exfiltration. You start, I'll cover. I don't fancy a laser bolt to the back of the head cuz we was runnin' away like a hound with his tails betwixt his legs. If some jumped-up pirate's going to take a shot, I'd rather take the hit like a man."

Bodean covers Halko until its his turn (so long as Halko goes along with the plan). He'll toss a smoke grenade to cover their exit if the incoming ship's ramp starts opening (and a tear gas one instead if the pirates aren't wearing EBA).
Bodean
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Ryden » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 18

While they are waiting on the ship coming in, Ryden makes sure to reverse the RFID to be targets. He also looks for any external communication protocols and firewalls them.
Computer Operation 95% 1d100 = 5 (to find any external communication protocols)
Computer Programming 100% 1d100 = 2 (to make sure it fires at the RFIDs and not at anything else)
Cryptography 75% 1d100 = 71 (to firewall any external communication protocols)

Contingency: We can escape through the portal
Ryden is considering leaving a virus in the system in case anyone but he or Niall try and access it, but such plans are cut short by the immediate evac order. Instead he writes a very quick script to restart every system (including life support). It shouldn't kill anyone, but it should scare the bejeezus out of them. "Helmets on, I'm restarting everything. That should slow them down."

He then hightails it into his armor and into the portal.

Computer Programming 100% 1d100 = 60 PASS!


Contingency: We cannot escape through the portal
Unable to escape and unwilling to allow the invaders any sense of assistance, Ryden turns the levels down to dim by Arismal standards. "Speckles, I'm dimming the lights to dim by our standards. I figure if we can barely see, they definitely can't. Turns it into a night hunt. I can turn them back up, but I'm reprogramming a hard light upper level to our standards. They're going to have to reprogram this baby to ever have it higher."

With that done, he sets up wireless access for himself and Niall, and steps into his armor.
(same roll as above to reprogram the lights)
Cryptography 75% 1d100 = 26 (to set up wireless access for Niall and Ryden, mostly Ryden)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2037, Day 32
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Hesperos System, Hesperos Prime
CLIMATE: Breathable artificial atmo, 50 degrees
VISIBILITY: Artificial lighting (70w)
TERRAIN: Artificial tunnel system
STARSHIP LOCATION: Docked


Hesperos Pirate Station

Nibiru gets on the radio to Rosseyn. "They're coming in too fast Nova. They must have you on sensors. Change of plans." Nibiru opens the radio to all of the Arismal and says, "We're on their sensors. Everyone through Nova's portal to the ship, on the double. Our plan is compromised and I don't want us split."

Halko gives Bodean a nod, then replies over the open channel, "Roger that. What's the location of Nova's portal?" It's quickly apparent that Nova left his portal to the right of their position near the stairwell. Halko makes a dash for it. Bodean, he's sure, will be right on his heels.

Ryden writes a very quick script to reboot every system on the station. "Helmets on, I'm restarting everything. That should slow them down."

Bodean calls out to Halko, "Let's do a staggered exfiltration. You start, I'll cover. I don't fancy a laser bolt to the back of the head cuz we was runnin' away like a hound with his tails betwixt his legs. If some jumped-up pirate's going to take a shot, I'd rather take the hit like a man." Bodean covers Halko until its his turn.

Halko double-times it across the space behind his and Bodean's previous position and through the portal.

Ryden virtually dives into his armor and through the portal even as he's getting the last pieces sealed-up.

Niall gathers his wits and heads through Nova's portal, just ahead of Nibiru.

Nibiru directs all the Arismal to take it to the ship, and makes his way through the portal once he sees everyone inbound toward the portal.

The portal wavers for a second after Nibiru storms through it, seeming to shimmer and warble like a mirage caused by heat waves rising from a sun-baked surface before it simply vanishes. Bodean is looking at it with an inactive grenade in one hand as it vanishes.

Behind Bodean, Gyn sees pretty much everything within his line of sight, seemingly all at once due to the speed of his rotation.

The station's systems go down. The lights go out. Even for the twilight-adapted senses of the Arismal, everything is utterly pitch black.

A minute later, a pair of thumps can be heard in the darkness, one heavy, one light. They are audible even above the whisper-roar of Gyn's tornadic motion.

The lights flash back to life. The two Arismal have company.

The figure at the foot of the stairwell--which is revealed to contain a black passage behind a solid-slab door--is some seven feet tall, and looks made of steel...and is definitely alien in every sense of the word. The being behind it is somewhat shorter, of a similarly stocky build, has a mask of some form over his face, and has a wicked looking knife-thing in one hand.
Image

Map note: The portal icon is only there to represent the portal's last location.

Hesperos-1.jpg


Bait & Switch

"You have to be frakking kidding me..." Nova mumbles to himself while switching his focus from piloting to getting everyone on board the Bait and Switch. Never tried to open a portal while on the move before... Here goes nothing. He slows down the Bait and Switch as quickly as possible, and attempts to open a gateway between the Bait and Switch and the room where he was interrogating the pirates.

If successful, he will stick his head through and yell, "Time to book it. Get in."

Speckles, Brainiac, Crash, and Backlash storm through Nova's exit portal and into the open bay of the Bait & Switch.

Nova feels a tug within him to which he's unaccustomed, almost like...

Nibiru moves to the pilot's compartment and directs Nova to stay out of weapon's range if possible. The portal behind him wavers for a second, seeming to shimmer and warble like a mirage caused by heat waves rising from a sun-baked surface before it simply vanishes. He steps back down the brief ladder to the primary deck and looks around quickly to take a mental head-count. Bodean and Gyn were still on the station.

Albatross.png


Pirate Ship Scarab

Cairo hefts the fire extinguisher then advises Laz, "Both of these things are empty. No Chemical warfare for us." He then uses the can to take out the overhead lights, and gets back into position--poised to strike.

Laz pipes up, "Keep the other near the door, and add some more trash to trip them up." The door is clear to open, and so she takes her place.

A few moments pass, and no one approaches. Listening intently, the pair of Arismal hears a muffled thump as of the airlock being cycled while they're still in vacuum. Another few moments pass, and the pair can hear the hushed intensity of a well-ordered bridge going through precise maneuvers. The only voice is that of Vaxil.

GM NOTE: "Muzzle to meat" rules are only applicable in Dead Reign.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC D20: 1d20 = 3
JIC D100: 1d100 = 68

HP: 35/139 SDC: 42/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Severely Beaten (1 APM, and -50% to all skills); Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ their Initiative/Perception/Combat Bonuses (Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle) vs this character, ½ Damage from light & laser based attacks]

Cairo maintains his hold on the Fire Extinguisher with 1 hand and reaches over with the other to the keypad by the doorpanel for the 100th time. Then he tries to merge with it [[ Go-Go-Machine-Merge ]] .

If successful he whispers, "Looks like this thing was hooked up again ... Who wants to go on a field trip? Even if we wanted to use this spot to isolate, maybe we should acquire some of their stuff to even our odds."

If un successful he whispers, "No Dice." and to a bit of a tune sings "The waaaiting is the hardest part, Every day you see one more card ... " He continues in his mind as he stops speaking, *** You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, The way--ay--ting is the hardest part ... ***


If the opportunity presents itself, CJ will swing the Fire extinguisher with all his might at the back of a guy's skull, unsporting as it may seem ... then parry as best he can as needed.

Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 1 (right now)

1] Smack Guy in the Head with everything he has .... 1d20+9 = 24, Damage: Unknown, 2d6 maybe? ... 2d6+2 = 12

Parry: 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 19 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 30
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 56

Niall's jaw drops as Nova's portal fizzles out. Where're the rest? Wrath, Pops?

"We gotta go back. We got a hostile ship converging on Wrath and Pops' position." Niall swallows, hard. Every fiber in his being is screaming RUN! But somewhere, a cool, calm voice deep inside him is reminding him Bodean is your friend. Gyn is your friend. You can't leave them alone with hostiles... with aliens.

This small voice in his heart seems to quiet the loud, panicky voice in his head. "Your call, Speckles. Scan the area for the enemy ship and engage, or return close to our previous position and open a portal to Wrath and Pop's location?" Leaving is probably out of the question at this point... Maybe hail the enemy ship?

"Alternately, we can attempt to contact the enemy ship again - though we've lost our tactical advantage." Or have we? He turns to Brainiac. "Or maybe not. Can we find out what kind of heat they're packing on that incoming ship?"

He turns to Speckles. "Hell, if I could get onto their ship, I could use my powers to disable it. Ship's computer would be easiest, take out engines, life support, and weapons all in one go. But that's just spitballing..." He turns to Nova. "I don't guess you can open up a portal to a place you haven't been?"

Then it strikes him what he's suggesting. You want to go aboard a hostile alien ship, alone? Are you frakking nuts? His face goes a little green, but he says nothing else.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14
Perception: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 90
APM: 6

Conditions: Spinning

Gyn feels a sense of despair raise within him as he sees the portal wink out of existence with he and his teammate on the wrong side. Frak me running backwards! The old man works on calming his racing mind when the lights go out. It takes him a moment to recover when they blink back on and he spots the new arrivals. "Son of a..." he mutters and then shouts "Hit the deck, Marine!" as he stops his spin and creates a mini-tornado spinning off to his left. Concentrating, he directs the twister toward the pirates, trying to keep it at least five feet from Bodean. Pushing the whirlwind so that it affects both the pirates visible, Pops smiles. If we don't make it, at least we went out with a rush.

Action 1: Send twister into the doorway, trying to avoid catching Bodean with it. The mini-tornado is an area of effect weapon - all within 5 feet are caught in it.

Actions 2-5: reserved for parry. 4d20+10 = 53:
9, 19, 10, 5

Action 6: reserved for dodge. 1d20+12 = 26
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Bodean » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 5
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 22
APM: 8

Bodean leaps in a combat roll to the east out of the way of Gyn and his spinning tornado, then comes up with his rifle aimed for support. He won't take any risky shots that could potentially hit Gyn, but he'll otherwise provide supporting fire until they can get out of this jam. If he sees a portal open, he'll provide covering fire for Gyn and do a staggered retreat back to it.

Actions:
1. Combat roll to the east passageway (a dodge, really): 1d20+12 = 23
Supporting fire against nearest or most threatening enemy (i.e. a psionic) that will NOT put Gyn in the line of fire:
2. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14. Damage: 1d8*10 = 70
3. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11. Damage: 1d8*10 = 70
4. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18. Damage: 1d8*10 = 60
5. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18. Damage: 1d8*10 = 20
6. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22. Damage: 1d8*10 = 50
7. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11. Damage: 1d8*10 = 20
8. Fire rifle at closest/most dangerous enemy. Strike: 1d20+3 = 5. Damage: 1d8*10 = 40
Dodge/Parry any and all incoming attacks as necessary: 1d20+12 = 18 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 28 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 21
Bodean
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 43

Weapon Systems 65%= 1d100 = 55
Sensory Equipment 55%= 1d100 = 13

Halko curses as the portal disappears before Bodean and Gyn make it through, "Frak," he glances at officers, then turns and runs off to his duty station at the Port Aft Turret: L2 (Lima two).

When Halko arrives at the recently rebuilt turret, he slips into the seat and powers the station on and starts passive scanning for the pirate's ship. He clicks his comm on and says, "Backlash plugged in at turret Lima two."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Lazash Kecil » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Perception (+11): 1d20+11 = 15
JiC (d20/d100): 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 85

Lazash plan doesn't change much even CJ manages to access the panel. If he does she speaks up "Don't open it yet. Let them dock so there are fewer on board." Otherwise it's a waiting game for a bit longer. She doesn't go very long without checking on Gawena occasionally. More than once Lazash looks to the Automag in her hand then to the door, avoiding eye contact with either of them in these brief moments. They're using her for ransom...could we pull it off...faking taking her as a hostage...

If anyone enters the plan is still the same, force a surrender or disarm. And if it ends up being Kindra execute on the spot under the assumption she's the psychic.
Initiative (+3): 1d20+3 = 15
APM 4 (5 with guns)
Action 1: Close the door and advance. Try to force surrender or Disarm: Strike 1d20+5 = 18 Damage: 1d4*4 = 4
Action 2: Ready to fire if needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 21 Damage: 1d4*4 = 16 or 1d4*8 = 32 (if Kindra). (CRIT x2)
Action 3: If needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 19 Damage: 1d4*4 = 8 for burst, unknown for beating.
Action 4: If needed: Strike 1d20+1 = 10 Damage: 1d4*4 = 16 for burst, unknown for beating.

Dodge As Needed (+2): 1d20+2 = 8 1d20+2 = 16 1d20+2 = 12 1d20+2 = 10
Lazash Kecil
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 77%

Nova gets about as excited as he can get when he sees his boys running through the portal for the successful extraction. There's nothing like quick and efficient planning to... "Frak me running sideways! What the frak just happened?" Nova goes over the options in his head Am I just too far? Do they have a spook of their own on board knocking out my portals with their mind?
Niall wrote:"We gotta go back. We got a hostile ship converging on Wrath and Pops' position."
"Hell, if I could get onto their ship, I could use my powers to disable it. Ship's computer would be easiest, take out engines, life support, and weapons all in one go. But that's just spitballing..."
"I don't guess you can open up a portal to a place you haven't been?"

"Not possible, Crash. But we're trying this one more time. No one gets left behind. Speckles! Take the helm! And if my hunch is right, there may be someone on that station getting in our minds and turning off powers. Be careful." If/when Speckles takes over piloting, Nova concentrates solely on opening another gateway to the station.

If it proves to be impossible:
"We need to get back on the ground. I can open a portal if there's not... all this interference! We just need to stop moving. Let's blow the hell out of their ship, land and then I'll get us all in. If that doesn't work, then we've definitely got a long range spook that needs 'deactivation'."

If it works:
Nova will head through the portal himself and yell "It is time to leave! Now!" If he sees any hostiles, he will offer covering fire to let the two lost Marines get back on board.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15 (+3 more vs guns and machines) (+4 more vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
Action 1-2: Fire Sniper Rifle (aimed shot). Strike: 1d20+5 = 24 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 3-4: Fire Sniper Rifle (aimed shot). Strike: 1d20+5 = 20 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 5-6: Fire Sniper Rifle (aimed shot). Strike: 1d20+5 = 18 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40



Edit: 1d20-8 = -7 I left this dice roll as -8 from when I was blind.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Nibiru » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 31

As soon as the portal wavers out of existence Nibiru knows the shit has hit the fan. "What's going on Nova? We're short Wrath and Pops. Can you get it back open?"

As he speaks he moves to the pilot's compartment and starts accessing the sensors, trying to determine just where the enemy ship is. Pilot Small Military Spacecraft: 92% Roll: 1d100 = 36. "I need to know soonest if you can get it open again."

Niall wrote:"Hell, if I could get onto their ship, I could use my powers to disable it. Ship's computer would be easiest, take out engines, life support, and weapons all in one go. But that's just spitballing..."


"We try the portal first. Could you operate a locked airlock Niall? If you can, we may have to try a boarding action."

Nova wrote:"No one gets left behind. Speckles! Take the helm! And if my hunch is right, there may be someone on that station getting in our minds and turning off powers. Be careful."


"Roger. I have the helm. Keep me updated. Backlash, if the portal opens you are on extraction with Nova."
Nibiru
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 pm

(Rolls held over)

Halko skids to a stop, STAR still in hand. He nods to Speckles, "Yes SIR." He waits as Nova tries to get the portal open again.

If the portal opens again, Halko motions a three count to Nova and then steps through with his STAR up and ready to plug any pirates he might see.

If Nova can't get the portal to open again, Halko will give a soft curse as he turns and hurries to he turret.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2040, Day 32
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Hesperos System, Hesperos Prime
CLIMATE: Breathable artificial atmo, 50 degrees, micro-gravity!
VISIBILITY: Artificial lighting (70w)
TERRAIN: Artificial tunnel system
STARSHIP LOCATION: Hesperos Pirate Station, Z-minus 1 mile


Hesperos Pirate Station
Bodean rolls to the east out of Gyn's way, and comes up ready for combat. The tall alien in the lead takes a shot at Gyn as though unaffected by the dark. Gyn takes the shot to the chest even as he spots the new arrivals. The blast wasn't life-threatening, but it did damage—these guys were either lucky, or practiced shooters. "Son of a...Hit the deck, Marine!" He stops spinning to create a mini-tornado which spins toward the pirates under his direction. The tornado doesn't seem to even phase the really tall alien who just keeps advancing to the landing. The stocky alien behind the first, however, suddenly curses, and Gyn gets some small satisfaction from seeing him bounce off the walls on either side of himself as he's buffeted by the mini-tornado.

The automated turret spins on its mount, targets the lead alien, and opens fire with a staccato burst of slugs that only add to the intensity of the erupting firefight's ear-pounding volume. Bodean fires his rifle at the advancing, tall alien at just beyond point-blank range. He hears the unmistakeable sound of a deflected round. The tall alien blasts the turret with its rifle as he advances on it. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien again, but the brief, keening whine of a ricochet is all he gets for his trouble. The tall alien blasts the turret again. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien, and is rewarded by a stumbling half-step. The tall alien blasts the turret yet again. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien who staggers a bit under the blast. The tall alien blasts the turret once more, and the turret is little more than a slagheap. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien who is forced to take a step back from the kinetic impact, but the alien can obviously take a shot nearly as well as Backlash. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien, but to little or no discernible effect. Bodean fires his rifle at the tall alien, but to little or no effect. This dude is tough as nails. The station's artificial gravity goes offline. Gyn and Bodean can sense a slight amount of natural gravity, but the change is immediately apparent and its cause unmistakeable.

Hesperos-1.jpg


Bait & Switch
"Frak me running sideways! What the frak just happened?" Rosseyn blurts out.

Nibiru pipes up as soon as portal wavers out of existence. "What's going on Nova? We're short Wrath and Pops. Can you get it back open?" He inquires as he moves to the pilot's compartment and starts accessing the sensors. "I need to know soonest if you can get it open again." He slips into the pilot's seat and observes the passive sensor readings for the pirate's ship. Passive sensor readings indicate a strong EM signature moving in a trajectory toward the pirate station. The signature is decreasing in velocity on what appears to be an approach vector toward the station's primary docking rings where the Albatross had been docked only minutes before. The EM signature corresponds to a nuclear FTL drive of a scale and intensity that would likely be seen in a small cargo hauler or a military picket ship like a frigate.

"Frak." Backlash glances at the officers, then turns and runs off to his duty station.

Crash voices his primary concern to Speckles. "We gotta go back. We got a hostile ship converging on Wrath and Pops' position. Your call, Speckles. Scan the area for the enemy ship and engage, or return close to our previous position and open a portal to Wrath and Pop's location? Alternately, we can attempt to contact the enemy ship again - though we've lost our tactical advantage."

Crash turns to Brainiac, "Or maybe not. Can we find out what kind of heat they're packing on that incoming ship?"

Crash turns back to Speckles. "Hell, if I could get onto their ship, I could use my powers to disable it. Ship's computer would be easiest, take out engines, life support, and weapons all in one go. But that's just spit-balling."

Nibiru responds to the group's obvious concerns. "We try the portal first. Could you operate a locked airlock Niall? If you can, we may have to try a boarding action."

Backlash skids to a stop, STAR still in hand. He nods to Speckles, "Yes, sir." He waits as Nova tries to get the portal open again.

Crash turns to Nova. "I don't guess you can open up a portal to a place you haven't been?"

Rosseyn responds to Niall and the rest, "Not possible, Crash. But we're trying this one more time. No one gets left behind. Speckles! Take the helm! And if my hunch is right, there may be someone on that station getting in our minds and turning off powers. Be careful." When Speckles takes over piloting, Nova concentrates solely on opening another gateway to the station. Rosseyn finds it exceedingly difficult to concentrate as there is so much going on, and so many factors competing for his attention. He is worried that his mates back on the station are in danger. He is worried that there might be an enemy agent with some sort of gateway or power-nullifying ability. He is worried that his ability might be more limited than he previously thought.

Nibiru replies to Rosseyn. "Roger. I have the helm. Keep me updated. Backlash, if the portal opens you are on extraction with Nova."

Backlash offers up a soft curse and hurries to he turret as no gateway appears to be forthcoming.



Pirate Ship Scarab
Cairo maintains his hold on the Fire Extinguisher with 1 hand and reaches over with the other to the keypad by the doorpanel for the 100th time. Then he tries to merge with it. The panel accepts his physical interface, and he whispers, "Looks like this thing was hooked up again. Who wants to go on a field trip? Even if we wanted to use this spot to isolate, maybe we should acquire some of their stuff to even our odds." Cairo's connection to the internal locking system reminds him that there's a gear locker or wardrobe of sorts not far from their current location...if his memory serves him correctly. His ability to accurately recall the details of his surroundings while he was literally fighting for his life leaves something to be desired. He does seem to recall Kindra stowing an environmental suit in the space at one point shortly after the crew had boarded a ship.

Lazash's responds, "Don't open it yet. Let them dock so there are fewer on board." The distant sounds coming from outside their quiet cell are mostly of tense silence interrupted occasionally by curt commands. The ship still feels like it's decelerating, but the burn feels less intense, like they've slowed down quite a bit already and are nearly ready to dock.

Hesperos Space.jpg




What are your intentions?


Butcher's Bill
Cairo:
Lazash:
Nibiru:
Rosseyn:
Ryden:
Niall:
Halko:
Bodean: -7 rounds
Gyn: -10 to main body
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC D20: 1d20 = 4
JIC D100: 1d100 = 52

HP: 36/139 SDC: 42/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Severely Beaten (1 APM, and -50% to all skills); Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ their Initiative/Perception/Combat Bonuses (Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle) vs this character, ½ Damage from light & laser based attacks]; Momentarily Merged to Wall

[[ Machine-Merged ]] to wall the PA Pilot whispers, "There are a couple storage lockers near here. We can wait for them to dock, but if we get out and get some distance in this big can ... we can probably be better prepared." His arm falters for a moment and he realizes, he's in damn rough shape to try a run without a distraction and he sighs, "Fine we wait, but let me unlock it so I can unhook from the damn wall ..."

OOC: Realized that @ -50% Skills, even with a darkness bonus Cairo'd be 0% to prowl down the hall ...

If Laz agrees, he'll unlock the door, then sit and listen waiting for the right time to try and get the hell out.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:45 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10

JIC:1d20 = 19
1d100 = 72

Speckles wrote:"Could you operate a locked airlock Niall? If you can, we may have to try a boarding action."


Niall nods, his heart racing, and replies "Yes sir. I'll get it open when it's time, one way or another."

With that, he takes his position at Romeo Two, and straps in.

"Crash secured at turret Romeo Two." He looks at the controls and frowns. I'm only partly-trained on this thing... if a firefight breaks out I may be next to useless... unless I can get a better feel for it. With that, he begins taking a closer look at the controls and the instrument panel, analyzing the turret in order to gain a greater understanding of the electronic and mechanical systems at work, in the hope that a more complete understanding will help him gain some facility with the weapon system.

Analyze and Operate Devices -- 82% 1d100 = 23 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:18 am

Percep: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 29

Weapon Systems 65%= 1d100 = 65
Sensory Equipment 55%= 1d100 = 18

Once at his turret, Halko says over the comms, "Backlash here, Nova couldn't get another portal open. I'm plugged in at turret L2 (Lima two) and powering up. Awaiting orders."

Halko starts cycling the turrets systems and once they're active, he starts peering through the targeting system and passive scanners as he tries to locate the pirate ship or any other hostiles in the area.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Lazash Kecil » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Perception (+11): 1d20+11 = 12
JiC (d20/d100): 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 95

"Storage lockers?" The moment he mentions them the gears were turning. And she chides herself for not paying enough mind to the ship and focusing so much on the crew. "Which way?" While CJ is filling her in on the details Laz moves from her her ambush spot to the handle side of the door.

If the porthole isn't covered from the other side she looks through that. Otherwise she waves Gawena over. Going through the med kit, she takes out the dental mirror. Cracking the door as little as she needs to, Laz makes sure no one is in the hallway using the mirror. If it's not clear she gingerly closes the door and whispers "Someone's in the hall" and shakes her head no. If it is clear she continues to keep an eye out while spelling out a new plan.

"We're going to hit the lockers. You lead, I take rear, Gawena between. If we get caught, we're screwed anyways so we'll rush the lockers and try to arm up. Any questions?" Laz gives CJ a moment to respond before putting things in motion. Signing to Gawena Follow CJ, she makes sure the hallway is clear still and slips out first and plays lookout while they follow. Once CJ is leading the way she falls in behind Gawena while watching their back.

Prowl (50%) 1d100 = 87
Lazash Kecil
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 68, 1d20 = 8

Realizing his usefulness in a firefight was not in his power armor, Ryden backs up into the docking position, and once it's secured, he does a quick exit, having the armor do it's slow close without fully powering down the system. He jets forward with his AG rig and into his seat, strapping in and bringing up his feeds like a maestro conducting an orchestra. First he begins capturing and decrypting any enemy communications, while trying to link up to his own stranded teammates. "Wrath, Pops, sound off if you hear us."

Then he turns his attention to the gunners, but gets some weird feedback he'd not encountered in a long time (Crash's using his understand power to access the system), and is stymied, unable to compensate for the shift. A few motions and the pressing of a few buttons bring up the sensor feeds, shunting copies of the more pertinent feeds to Speckles and Nova's stations. "Feeds up for the pilots. Working on better feeds for you gunners."

That done, he begins the process of creating a sensor shadow to place them somewhere else other than their actual location. The idea is something visually obscured, but remote from their actual location. Either to create the illusion of backup or to provide another target for the pirate vessel.

    Actions this post (note several of these will take multiple melee actions, but I wanted to show the steps, so TGM could easily figure out how much I actually accomplished)
    1: Link PA to wall securing harness.
    2: Quick Exit of PA, PA still operating, but idling. Command PA to close hatch and auto secure (like it would in the field if I had to step out for an extended period).
    3: Fly to seat.
    4: Sit down and strap in.
    5: Bring up manual control.
    6: Cryptography 75% 1d100 = 73 PASS Decrypt enemy comms
    7: Radio: Basic 105% 1d100 = 92 PASS Capture enemy comms
    8: Radio: Basic 105% 1d100 = 6 SUCCEED like a BOSS to contact B-Man and Pops.
    9: Intelligence 58% 1d100 = 98 FAIL! To try and look around for easy to exploit gambits with the debris field.
    10: Weapon Systems 70% 1d100 = 93 FAIL! to get any better bonuses for the gunners.
    11: Read Sensory Equipment 60% 70/65% 1d100 = 36 PASS To find the enemy and pass the feeds to the pilots.
    12: Military: Electronic Warfare 70/65% 1d100 = 42 PASS to create a sensor shadow for the bad guys to shoot at.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

Perception: 1d20 = 4 +3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 92%

Distance. It has to be distance. If those two on board could have turned off our powers, they would have done so during the fight. Get planetside, open a portal and get them the hell out. Working from Brainiac's feed, Rosseyn takes a look at the maneuvers needed to get to the secondary docking ring without encountering the other ship. "We need to get over to that secondary dock. If we can get the ship in contact with the station, I can extract our men. Thoughts?" If there are no objections, comments or additional ideas, Nova will get started piloting the Bait and Switch back to the asteroid and dock at the Secondary Docking Ring.

Pilot: Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 22/83% - PASS
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 24
APM: 6

As his twister dissipates, Pops takes a step to his right and drops to a knee as he swings up his STAR. Taking aim the old cop fires a shot the metal man's knee. If that drops his foe, Gyn shifts his aim to the man's head and fires another shot. If his opponent remains standing, Pops fires another shot at the knee.

Action 1: Sidestep right
Action 2: Drop to a knee and bring up his rifle.
Action 3-4: Aimed shot to metal man's knee. To Hit: 1d20+4 = 6; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40
Action 5-6: Aimed shot to either the knee if still standing, or the head if not. To Hit: 1d20+4 = 11; Damage: 1d8*10 = 20
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Nibiru » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d100 = 8

Nova wrote:"We need to get over to that secondary dock. If we can get the ship in contact with the station, I can extract our men. Thoughts?"


"I can't think of a better idea. Ok, we're heading for the secondary dock." Nibiru pilots the spacecraft around the asteroid to the secondary docking bay, keeping on eye on the enemy ship's location. "If both ships dock we'll fight it out inside, but if it comes around we'll have to meet it in space." Pilot Small Military Spacecraft, 92%: 1d100 = 44

Nibiru keeps his eyes locked on the location of the enemy ship as he docks, trying to see if it will try to attack the docked Bait and Switch or if it will dock itself.
Nibiru
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Bodean » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23
APM: 8
1. Toss a tear gas grenade (or smoke instead if Gyn has no functioning EBA armor) at tall alien. Strike: 1d20 = 11
((Note for the followin))
2. Disarm any approaching enemy: Strike: 1d20+2 = 3
3. Disarm any approaching enemy: Strike: 1d20+2 = 5 ((or move onto a hold))
((disarmed or not:))
4. Full body hold: 1d20 = 11 Pin/Incapacitate on a roll of 18,19,20. Knockout on Nat 20.
5. Full body hold: 1d20 = 16 Pin/Incapacitate on a roll of 18,19,20. Knockout on Nat 20.
6. Full body hold: 1d20 = 2 Pin/Incapacitate on a roll of 18,19,20. Knockout on Nat 20.
7. Full body hold: 1d20 = 8 Pin/Incapacitate on a roll of 18,19,20. Knockout on Nat 20.
8. Full body hold: 1d20 = 2 Pin/Incapacitate on a roll of 18,19,20. Knockout on Nat 20.
Dodge/Parry everything that comes: 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 31 1d20+12 = 31 1d20+12 = 25

Having seen that good ole' fashioned bullets ain't gonna do much to the lead alien, Bodean shoulders his rifle, tosses a tear gas grenade at the tall alien, then resorts to his most trusted weapons: his fists and feet. "Pops, I reckon we done just gotta hold out 'til the cavalry comes crashin' in. Keep yer distance in the smoke and maybe we'll just outdance our ugly date." So that said, Bodean slowly scoots back to cover Gyn. Shooting is pointless apparently, so he keeps his hands up in typical defensive stance and awaits the melee, opting for neutralizing rather than harming his opponent.
Bodean
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2041, Day 32
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Hesperos System, Hesperos Prime
CLIMATE: Breathable artificial atmo, 50 degrees, micro-gravity!
VISIBILITY: Artificial lighting (70w)
TERRAIN: Artificial tunnel system
STARSHIP LOCATION: Hesperos Pirate Station, Z-minus 1 mile


Hesperos Pirate Station
GM NOTE: Gyn, your signature does not match-up with your equipment post which is missing the A.D.F. Heavy Suit that I know Gyn is wearing. Correct this, please.

Pops' twister buffets and makes otherwise harmless the reptilian pirate still near the airlock. Pops knows that it will soon dissipate, but for the time being, that threat at least is neutralized. Bodean tosses a tear gas grenade at the metal-shod feet of the tall alien. The grenade goes off with a hiss and a whoosh of gas expelling from the grenade. The gas propels the grenade in a series of directions as the propellant causes the grenade to literally fly about the space in the absence of any significant gravity.

Gyn sidesteps to his right to get a clear bead on the tall alien. It's hard to get a clear visual due to the smoke from the tear gas, but he can still see enough to fix his target. The tall alien strides forward boldly, leveling his rifle at Bodean and firing with impunity. Bodean anticipates the shot, and gets out of the alien's kill zone by dashing forward at an angle. He swings a meaty Twilight Valley fist at the rifle held by the alien, but the devil's too savvy for such a simple ploy, and uses the weapon to bat Bodean away like an overgrown insect.

Gyn drops to a knee and brings up his rifle, taking aim on the metal man's knee. The tall alien levels his rifle from his hip and blasts Bodean square in the chest with a blue-white bolt of manufactured lightning. Bodean takes the blast like a true Marine, and steps in to grapple with the tall alien; his initial efforts continue to be somewhat clumsy, and are easily thwarted. The tall alien doesn't seem affected by the gas, and actually backs up into it, blasting in Bodean's general direction again from his hip.

Bodean keeps on his alien adversary and continues to grapple with him. He can tell that he's definitely stronger than the alien, but his opponent's strength is far from negligible; he'd be more than a match for most Arismal. Bodean's efforts are mostly futile in that he can't seem to successfully get a lock on the alien, but on the plus side, the alien is unable to effectively wield his rifle, and so has to fall back on purely physical tactics. Neither of Gyn's next two aimed shots find their precise mark, but both shots land on target; disappointing, but still productive.

Hesperos-1.jpg


Bait & Switch
Speckles responds to Nova. "I can't think of a better idea. Okay, we're heading for the secondary dock. If both ships dock we'll fight it out inside, but if it comes around we'll have to meet it in space." Speckles knows this is a risky idea as the pirate ship appears to be a great deal larger than their own Albatross. Nibiru keeps his eyes locked on the location of the enemy ship as he docks, trying to see if it will try to attack the docked Bait and Switch or if it will dock itself.

Rosseyn considers the maneuvers needed to get to the secondary docking ring without encountering the other ship. "If we can get the ship in contact with the station, I can extract our men. Thoughts?"

Ryden realizes that his usefulness in a firefight is not in his power armor, but simultaneously realizes that doffing the Dusk Hound would take precious time that the group almost certainly doesn't have. He uses the Dusk Hound's interdiction suite to access the Bait & Switch's computer systems remotely through a wireless RF data link. Once in, he works at capturing and decrypting enemy communications. He finds that all frequencies within the RF spectrum are silent. Whoever these guys are, they're running silent. He then tries to link up to his own stranded teammates. He's able to establish a connection to the group's ground channel by modulating the frequency to a long-wave compression of the signal frequency. He hears Bodean and Gyn communicating with one another. Apparently, there are already hostiles on the station despite the fact that the pirate ship has not docked. "Wrath, Pops, sound off if you hear us." He then turns his attention to finding some easy to exploit advantages within the debris field, but comes up empty-handed; no tactical advantage presents itself.

Once at his turret, Halko says over the comms, "Backlash here, Nova couldn't get another portal open. I'm plugged in at turret Lima two and powering up. Awaiting orders." Halko cycles the turret's systems and starts peering through the targeting system and passive scanners as he tries to locate the pirate ship or any other hostiles in the area.
Note: Bonus from Weapon Systems skill in effect for duration of fight for Halko.

Niall swallows hard at the thought of a boarding action. "Yes sir. I'll get it open when it's time, one way or another." He takes his position at Romeo Two, and straps in. "Crash secured at turret Romeo Two." He's unfamiliar with operating targeting and fire control systems; he's much more accustomed to servicing them. Nevertheless, his mind is quick and not too distracted by fear, and he manages to grasp the operational concepts of the systems and how they interrelate quickly. However, he understands the difference between theory and experience, and his unfamiliarity shows in the time he takes to get things done.

Nibiru and Ryden both see it at the same time: The pirate ship is adjusting its course to intercept the Bait & Switch! A wide blue beam of ionized particles erupts from the pirate ship towards the Bait & Switch but the gunner's aim is off by a wide margin. As Nibiru and Rosseyn attempt to bring the Bait & Switch about for a hard thruster burn so as to angle the craft for docking, the gunner's second shot finds its mark. The wide blue beam strikes the Bait & Switch just between the boarding iris and the cockpit blast window. Nibiru and Rosseyn both experience a nasty shock that travels up from their hands and nearly to their elbows from the electrical discharge. It's enough to hurt, but not physically impair either of them. For Rosseyn, the physical damage pales in comparison to the lightning-hot pain it causes him due to his extra-sensitive sensory ability.

Nibiru quickly grasps the controls once more, and gets the Bait & Switch into position for docking maneuvers. The asteroid is now interposed between the Bait & Switch and the pirate ship with no clear line of sight between the two.

Hesperos.jpg


Pirate Ship Scarab
Cairo whispers, "Fine, we wait, but let me unlock it so I can unhook from the damn wall." Laz nods and Cairo unlocks the door and disentangles himself from the panel.

"Storage lockers?" Lazash questions. "Which way?" Laz asks as she moves to the door itself. The porthole has been painted over on both sides and is caked with filth atop the paint. She waves Gawena over. The Atorian seems dignified even in her present, terrified state. Going through the med kit, Laz takes out the dental mirror. She opens the door a crack and peers out cautiously. The crew that's visible are busy and focused on their efforts.

"Silaha tayari. Juu ya alama yangu...moto!" The familiar crrrack! of the Scarab's primary weapon discharging sounds faintly throughout the ship. Vaxil looks none too pleased at the results. "Moto!" comes the command again, followed by the sound of another blast. He looks much more satisfied the second time around. "Wao ni ama kufanya kukimbia kwa ajili yake, au kuhamia kizimbani. Z chini ya kilomita tatu na hoja ya kukatiza!" To Lazash's ear, this is pretty much gibberish, but Cairo has an inkling of not only what's going on, but also what's being said though Vaxil's heavy provincial accent doesn't make interpretation easy.

Laz continues to keep an eye out while spelling out a new plan. "We're going to hit the lockers. You lead, I take rear, Gawena between. If we get caught, we're screwed anyways, so we'll rush the lockers and try to arm up. Any questions?"She signs for Gawena to follow CJ. Making sure the hallway is still clear, she slips out first and plays lookout while quietly motioning for the others to exit. Once CJ is leading the way she falls in behind Gawena while watching their back.

Scarab.jpg


What are your intentions?


Butcher's Bill
Cairo:
Lazash:
Nibiru: -10 S.D.C. (personal)
Rosseyn: -10 S.D.C. (personal)
Ryden:
Niall:
Halko:
Bodean: -7 rounds, -60 S.D.C. to main body
Gyn: -10 S.D.C. to main body
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 pm

OOC: Per TGM [via YIM]: Our cell is on the port side. The locker/staging area was near an airlock. That space is accessible by going aft and then proceeding fore along the starboard corridor.

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC D20: 1d20 = 18
JIC D100: 1d100 = 56

Language Pilian (Liloqua) [75%]: 1d100 = 6
Prowl [30% + 20% in dark area - Penalty]: 1d100 = 32

HP: 37/139 SDC: 42/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Severely Beaten (1 APM, and -50% to all skills); Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ their Initiative/Perception/Combat Bonuses (Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle) vs this character, ½ Damage from light & laser based attacks]

**Let's see he said something about firing, then ... "They are either make a run for it or moving dock Z under three kilometers and move to intercept" ... so these bastards have found another ship to jump. That should keep them busy for at least a few minutes. **

Cairo shuts the door for a moment before they exit to whisper to Lazesh, "They are firing on another ship that is trying evade them. We should have a bit of time, but it really depends on how good their opponents are. Then again, if they're too good, we may die with Vaxil & his crew. Let's see if we can get some EBA and weapons and find somewhere else to hole up. Maybe engineering."

Creeping down the hall in a shadow-cloak he'll make his way to the storage lockers as carefully as he can. Reaching out with 1 hand he'll Machine-Merge with any Electronic Lock, disengage/open and move on to the next.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 3

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 80

Secured in Romeo two, Niall grits his teeth as the alien ship appears on his instruments, fires on the Bait and Switch, and then disappears behind the asteroid base. FrakfrakFRAK!Caught me off guard! Niall takes a moment to fire-link his 13 light rail guns.

Weapons Engineer ☞ 40% 1d100 = 65 (FAIL)

Niall watches his scanners for the enemy, and if it appears to come around the asteroid at them and downrange of his weapon , he attempts to unleash a torrent of weapons fire.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 55% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)
Weapon Systems ☞ 20% 1d100 = 63 (FAIL)
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 82% 1d100 = 26 (SUCCESS)

APM: 4

Action 1: Strike 1d20 = 17; Damage 2d4 = 7 X 10 = 70
Action 2: Strike 1d20 = 14; Damage 2d4 = 6 X 10 = 60
Action 3: Strike 1d20 = 15; Damage 2d4 = 4 X 10 = 40
Action 4: Strike 1d20 = 15; Damage 2d4 = 8 X 10 = 80

"Frak! Couldn't get the guns fire-linked!"

If the enemy ship doesn't come in range before the Bait & Switch reaches the docking bay, Niall instead gets out of his turret and makes his way to the docking ring. Once the Bait & Switch docks, he attempts to cycle the airlock. If it doesn't cycle normally, he gets out his electronics toolkit and attempts to hotwire the controls.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 82% 1d100 = 37 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 55% 1d100 = 85 (FAIL)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 55% 1d100 = 56 (FAIL)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 55% 1d100 = 74 (FAIL)

This is harder than it looks... Give it one last pass.

Electrical Engineer ☞ 55% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCEED)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 42
Note: Bonus from Weapon Systems skill in effect for duration of fight for Halko.


Halko stays at his post and keeps off them comm as he waits for a target to report or engage. If different orders come, Halko is ready to move as he hopes someone will come up with a way to get them back to Bodean and Gyn.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 25
Perception: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 64
APM: 7

The old cop frowns as his shots don't bring the behemoth down. Lowering his rifle for a moment, he watches Bodean close with the alien. Frak! Can't risk a shot with the jarhead there. Pops stands up and begins moving around the chamber to his left, trying to circle behind the combatants. As he moves, Gyn alerts his teammate to his plan. "Wrath, I'm going to hit him knee high from behind. Be ready to pounce on him when I do." Pausing a moment for Bodean to acknowledge, Pops cradles his rifle and lunges, trying to plant his right shoulder on the back of the alien's right knee.

Actions 1-2: Think and watch the struggle.
Actions 3-4: Rise and move around to his left.
Action 5: Warn Bodean about his intent.
Action 6: Pause to let Wrath consider.
Action 7: Ram his shoulder into the back of the alien's knees. To Hit: 1d20 = 20; Damage: 1d4+5 = 8 and opponent is knocked down.
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Lazash Kecil » Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 am

Perception (+11): 1d20+11 = 17
JiC (d20/d100): 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 17

Conditions: None Currently.

Lazash gives CJ the thumbs up to show she heard while keeping an eye on the bridge. If I had my slug-throwers, we could just take it. Once they're on the move she keeps an eye out for anything that can give them an advantage (ambush spots, systems to disable, etc.). If they manage to get to the lockers without incident she keeps watch while he unlocks them. If they're see-thru in any way Lazash takes the time point out the choice pieces of equipment. "Find a pair of pistols for me, and something I can put on quick." After that she gets Gawena's attention and signs: Choose something for you. In case.

Prowl (50%) 1d100 = 69
Recognize Weapon Quality (65%) 1d100 = 79 To point out better equipment for CJ to unlock. (Pair of pistols for Lazash, forcefield for Lazash (a girl can dream), EBA for all, whatever Gawena seems comfortable with, grenades, heavy weapon for CJ, preferably in that order.)
Lazash Kecil
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Rosseyn » Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 10 +3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 39%

"AAAAHHHH!!! Frak!" Rosseyn's hands instinctively retreat back from the control panel as the shock sets every one of his nerves between his fingertips and forearms on fire. Looking at Nibiru, he says "You ready? Let's get this frakkin' thing docked and get the hell out of here. Brain, let me know if they're gonna hit us again."

Nova reluctantly gets back on the controls, guiding the ship through docking maneuvers.

Pilot: Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 79/83% - PASS
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:06 am

GM FAST-FORWARD
OOC NOTE: This isn't going to be pretty, but it's going to get us moving in the right direction.


In the due course of events, the 1st SOG manages to retrieve their members from the pirate asteroid station and pick up a few hitchhikers/refugees in the process. A running firefight through the asteroid field continues for a full day as the crew of the Bait & Switch use their craft's superior maneuverability to slowly put distance between themselves and their pursuers. Once outside the effects of the gravity wells of the planetary and stellar masses, the crew makes a premature jump back to the fleet to deliver the Atorian hostage, and to regroup before completing the last leg of their mission.

Lazash and Cairo make full recoveries under the care of Dr. Links.
Image

They are also interrogated at length by LT CMDRs Regina & Reginald Hiordis.
Image

And are later interrogated by LCDR Tancredi.
Image

After their last interrogation, they are told of the berthing space of the 1st SOG and directed to report there.

What are you doing?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:44 am

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC D20: 1d20 = 11
JIC D100: 1d100 = 24

HP: 139/139
SDC: 550/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC).

After his meeting with by LCDR Tancredi, CJ waits until his papers (?) come through on a new place to report ordering up breakfast. His wait ends as he Cairo finishes off his 3rd breakfast helping of ... his mind struggles to define it in terms from back home, **I-dont-wanna-know ... I-dont-wanna-know ... just be glad there seems to be plenty for now. Might not taste great but its better than the crap Vaxil and Silkie were dishing out ... once a day, most days.** So the PA Pilot shoves his tray back, then washes his hands and face at a local sink.

The PA Pilot rakes a hand through his hair, laces his boots tight and heads out looking for the 1st-SOG. Cairo arrives at the berth/barracks(?), enters to greet whomever is present with something like "Y'know >>_____<< I'm really touched that you all specially requested me, but I will admit I was hoping for a squad with more scenery ... hehehe", and see about finding a bunk. In his mind he's making a list of crap that he wants to do as he goes:

    1. Get a damn sidearm and new Goggles, I might not need them for light but they still stream and do the wireless access stuff
    2. Put in a request for my gear (Personal Foot Locker) from aboard the A.D.F.S. Assegai
    3. Get myself some PA Practice time, it feels like I've been out of a Wardog for ages
    4. Get in some simulator time on an Albatross
    5. Kill Vaxil ... definitely kill Vaxil.


OOC: Per TGM it seems Lazash & Cairo Space-Jumped our way to rejoining you. Gyn ... maybe Nova got a portal open for you & Bodean but he was injured? I'm also presently assuming that we have a bit of time to regroup here & I shouldn't be reporting directly to the Bait & Switch.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 92

Pops settles back into the routine of life in the fleet with relish. Enduring the boredom of the debriefing and exams, Gyn spends his free time either running on the treadmill or working on the heavy bag until he was utterly exhausted. He worked with a single-minded intensity but despite his best efforts, he can't escape the memories of another Atorian, Helia. What is wrong with me? Why am I dreaming about an enemy of my people? One of the species that destroyed my planet? The old man was so lost in his thoughts and recrimination that he doesn't notice at first when someone enters.

Cairo wrote:"Y'know guys I'm really touched that you all specially requested me, but I will admit I was hoping for a squad with more scenery ... hehehe", and see about finding a bunk.


Gyn shakes his head to clear his thoughts and climbs out of his bunk to shake Cairo's hand. "Welcome to our humble home away from home, the A.D.F.S. Dauntless, grand lady of the fleet. Now with all the comforts of half-rations and no smokes. Grab any bunk without boots under it and settle in. Maybe later we'll head down to the Crow's Nest to give you a proper welcome." For the first time in quite a while Gyn seems more like his old self.
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Percep: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 74

Halko is following the old standard and is using his down time to catch as much extra sleep as he can, knowing full well that they are shipping out soon to finish their mission and check that last star system. He hopes its has a breathable atmo and green trees and he'll be able to refresh his nose with some time out of the metal cans of ship and suit.

Halko, vaguely hears Cairo enter and say something, so he rolls out of his bunk, thinking it role call or that orders have come in.

Sitting blearily on the edge of his bulk in his boxers, Halko runs a hand through his hair. Did he say something about scenery? He mutters, "Are we actually getting a decent planet to check out and not some crap asteroid?

Halko shuffles over to his locker and starts to pull on his uniform as the conversation starts to pick up.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 15.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 11.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 24.

HP: 139/139
SDC: 550/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC).

CJ shrugs then smiles at the somber looking Master-at-Arms (Gyn) and his big infantry buddy (Halko) before flopping onto an empty bunk, "So you guys are locals eh? Crow's Nest, now that sounds like fun compared to a Pirate Cell. I mean, my gender ratio there was 2 ladies to 1, but ... the constant ridiculous beatings ... Those can sometimes take the shine off that little gem of a number ... So where's Nibi ... damn uhmm " <<Cairo smacks his forehead head like the name is on the tip of his tongue, but it doesn't work>>"Where's Speckles? I report to him right? Then I harass someone to give me the tour so I see the Quartermaster about getting my gear back from the Assegai so I'm not stuck with just the 1 freaking change of clothes hehehe ... "

He laces his fingers behind his head where he lies and shuts his eyes for a few moments, "As for me, I wouldn't mind going back to that Asteroid to see Vaxil. Visit with him for old times sake ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5+3 vs machines, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 201d100 = 37

Rosseyn keeps himself busy as soon as they get back. Women, paperwork, women, booze, women with paperwork, so on and so forth. When he gets his orders directly from the man himself that Speckles is to be transferred and that Nova will be in charge, he shakes the man's hand and says "It's been an honor, sir. Thanks for the save."

Walking into the berth/barracks, Nova sees Cairo, Pops and Backlash chatting it up.
Cairo wrote:"So where's Nibi ... damn uhmm " <<Cairo smacks his forehead head like the name is on the tip of his tongue, but it doesn't work>>"Where's Speckles? I report to him right? Then I harass someone to give me the tour so I see the Quartermaster about getting my gear back from the Assegai so I'm not stuck with just the 1 freaking change of clothes hehehe ... "

"Speckles got transferred. Best of luck to him. Meet the new boss." Rosseyn stands strong and waits for any reactions the crew might have.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Gyn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 23

Cairo wrote:CJ shrugs then smiles at the somber looking Master-at-Arms (Gyn) and his big infantry buddy (Halko) before flopping onto an empty bunk, "So you guys are locals eh? Crow's Nest, now that sounds like fun compared to a Pirate Cell. I mean, my gender ratio there was 2 ladies to 1, but ... the constant ridiculous beatings ... Those can sometimes take the shine off that little gem of a number ... So where's Nibi ... damn uhmm " <<Cairo smacks his forehead head like the name is on the tip of his tongue, but it doesn't work>>"Where's Speckles? I report to him right? Then I harass someone to give me the tour so I see the Quartermaster about getting my gear back from the Assegai so I'm not stuck with just the 1 freaking change of clothes hehehe ... "


Pops finally cracks a smile at the new arrival. "You sure sir? All the jail flicks I've seen tell a different story. As for the Crow's Nest, well, I haven't had any luck getting lucky there, but it might be different for you. At least you can wet your whistle and listen to some jams." Too bad I can't seem to get my mind off things there. Would that I could. "If you need a tour guide, I can handle that if you want."

Rosseyn wrote:"Speckles got transferred. Best of luck to him. Meet the new boss." Rosseyn stands strong and waits for any reactions the crew might have.
Gyn gets too his feet and gives Nova a sharp salute. "Congratulations, sir. I'll have no qualms about following you on the next mission. Any idea what that might be?"
Gyn
 

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Halko » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 pm

[rolls held]

Halko grins as Cairo and Gyn talk about hitting the Crow's Nest, "I've got some drink rations left that I'd be willing to throw in with you guys. But we better slip outta here before Bodean hears us. He'll likely wanna start a good ol'fashion brawl....again. And I'm more in the mood to sit back and relax. And maybe see that purple haired beauty that was down there the last time we were docked."

Halfway through getting dressed, Halko hears Nova inform the others that Speckles was transferred and he's now the team's CO. Halko grins at the news, turns and offers the man a salute. "Sir. Couldn't have happened to a better person, congrats."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 am

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 15.
JIC D20: 1d20 = 11.
JIC D100: 1d100 = 24.

HP: 139/139
SDC: 550/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC).

Cairo waves as Nova walks in, then follows it up with a sheepish (but correct) salute at the news that the guy will be taking over as C.O. offering a chuckle, "So you were the one who requested me? I can see why you'd want to add a PA Pilot into the mix ... Any idea if we are back for a while or if I should be trying to scramble to pull some gear together? ... "

CJ fires a grin at the bearded Gyn, "Can't believe what yer seeing in the movies, but I would very much appreciate a walk round to find some cleaned up gear and ... Isn't a promotion a traditional reason for going drinking? "

When they depart, Cairo will try to stop quickly at the Quartermasters to request some gear: viewtopic.php?p=124493#p124493

OOC: Not sure of the In-Game reason for Bodean's departure (injury/reassignment/death), but I don't want to voice leaving him behind if he's still part of the Squad.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Niall » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 85

Niall walks into the 1st SOG's berth to see his crewmates talking, and arrives just in time to hear:

Nova wrote:"Speckles got transferred. Best of luck to him. Meet the new boss."


Niall's eyes go wide as he hears Speckles was transferred, but he immediately relaxes when he hears Nova's the new command officer. Good... afraid for a moment we were getting someone new. But Nova's the man.

As Pops and Halko salute, Niall snaps to, as well. "Congratulations, sir."

Halko wrote:"I've got some drink rations left that I'd be willing to throw in with you guys. But we better slip outta here before Bodean hears us. He'll likely wanna start a good ol'fashion brawl....again. And I'm more in the mood to sit back and relax. And maybe see that purple haired beauty that was down there the last time we were docked."


Niall smiles at the thought of a barroom brawl that doesn't involve him, and notes "I wasn't here for that fight, luckily. I'll toss in some of my drink rations as well, if we can promise not to have a repeat performance."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Rosseyn wrote:"Speckles got transferred. Best of luck to him. Meet the new boss." Rosseyn stands strong and waits for any reactions the crew might have.

Nibiru got transferred to the psychiatric hospital on the Invincible, but these guys didn't have a need to know that, and the reason for his transfer was confidential, so that's how it would have to stay. That Bodean damn near got himself shoved out an airlock for insisting to accompany him also had to go without saying. Damn shame that, too, because the guys would likely love that big galoot even more if they knew how hard he had fought to be there to help Nibiru through his recovery. Of course, that Villana was stationed on the Invincible had to take some of the sting out of things, but still. That Marine had demonstrated commitment and loyalty well beyond what most would expect of even a Marine.
Those assembled in the berthing sound off.
Gyn wrote:Gyn gets too his feet and gives Nova a sharp salute. "Congratulations, sir. I'll have no qualms about following you on the next mission. Any idea what that might be?"
Halko wrote:"Sir. Couldn't have happened to a better person, congrats."
Niall wrote:As Pops and Halko salute, Niall snaps to, as well. "Congratulations, sir."
Cairo wrote:"So you were the one who requested me? I can see why you'd want to add a PA Pilot into the mix ... Any idea if we are back for a while or if I should be trying to scramble to pull some gear together? ... "

A voice familiar to those long-established members of the 1st Special Operations Group sounds over the bitchbox mounted on the wall in the berth. "Get your shuteye while you can gents, your Albatross will be ready by 0600, and I expect you to be on it to complete your mission. Get your req's in before taps, and I'll see that they're expedited and delivered to your berthing. Do what you can to forage for yourselves, locate foodstuffs, and find useful salvage when you jump in-system to Chandrakant; supplies here in the fleet are starting to run pretty frakkin' low. Tancred, out."

A voice sounds in Gyn's head clear as if the man with the steel gray eyes to match that slightly raspy voice were standing beside him. Keep your eye on the prize, old man. We might be visiting that station under terrible circumstances, if we cannot locate soon what we need.

Without further delay or ceremony, Cairo hastily leaves the berthing en route to the supply deck to put in his requisition with the quartermaster on duty. Lazash managed to snag his slug-thrower, goggles, and belt one their way out the airlock of Vaxil's ship, but he was certainly short of gear for a ground mission of any sort.

He slides the requisition form across the table to the quartermaster (his name tape reads Günter) on duty. The heavy-set guy looks a bit pallid, but definitely surly, and clearly displeased to have to get up from his comfortable, if worn, chair. Nevertheless, he does his job without an excess of pissing and moaning.

"Standard Armor--check, Battle Harness--check, 4 mags and ammo for a hand-cannon--check, a STAR with six mags and ammo--check. Sorry, sir, but we have no more batons in stock. They were distributed to fleet security personnel the other day; ration riots, you know. A War Dog...well, I have to clear that with your CO, but we've no shortage of hardware. Say, your requisition says 1st SOG...sir, if you've been away from the fleet, maybe they're not tellin' ya, but it's gettin' pretty bad, sir. One of my mates from tech school stationed aboard the Arbalest...his shipmates put him in the infirmary they beat him so bad, sir. All 'cause he wouldn't dole 'em out more rations than they was allotted by their skipper." He grabs a small idol that's tucked beneath his jumpsuit. The outline clearly that of one of the deities from the superstitious clans from near Arismal's former southern continent. "I'll say a few chants for your good luck and speedy return, sir." He glances sown to see the last item on the req form. "Your personal footlocker from the Assegai? That'll take a few days. We're not running as many courier flights as we used to due to fatigue, but I'll see that it gets done. Oh, and I'll see the War Dog gets sent to your unit's Albatross once it's authorized, sir." The quartermaster's surly looks had turned to looks of desperate hope in the blink of an eye. Cairo takes note of that as he departs. There's not much more to be done.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 11: The Wild Black Yonder

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:18 am

Perception[+1]: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC D20: 1d20 = 20
JIC D100: 1d100 = 10

HP: 139/139
SDC: 550/550

Status: Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 110ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC).

Cairo gathers up the ammo, armor, harness, and clothes with a nod to the older man Günter, "Do you duffle back there that I can haul the armor round in? I will probably be in the Wardog most of the time but I wanna have the Armor on hand ... something better than a flight suit. I appreciate the heads-up on what's going on with the Fleet though Günter. My assignment to this SOG is new, but I guess we have orders to ship out in a few hours. I'll make sure to update my CO about the need to keep out eyes open for ... raw materials for the Fleet. I'm sorry to hear about your buddy and thank you for your prayers." The PA Pilot will slide his ID across to the QM, "Is there a way to take drink rations off here? I won't be around, can I send a drink to your buddy on the Arbalest?"

If Günter nods in the affirmative, CJ will leave 2 drink rations behind (1 for Günter, 1 for his friend) and sling on his rifle, and head back to quarters to gratefully take a shower, and get into clean clothes before getting into bed.

Cairo will Shadow-Cloak himself in quarters and prowl to quietly accomplish these tasks without waking anyone else, **If we only have a few hours no one will appreciate the new guy costing them sleep because he's careless.***

Prowl [30%[+20% in dark area]]: 1d100 = 95, 1d100 = 26]
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron