Hanger Archives

Cordelia

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

Cordelia pulls her Salamander up to the hanger and parks right in the middle of the entryway. Hops out with her sketchbook and camera. Still in the assumed form of Jezebel.
"Nice place here. Needs some color."
She begins to explore the new space while taking notes and pictures the whole time. She occasionally stops to poke and prod at the walls and fixtures. She then finally stops and begins writing on the walls in Elven (I am a nomad who has come to learn) and sketching some picture around it.
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

GIRLS Hangar Floorplans WIP.jpg
As the group tours the building, they discover that the 1st floor is mainly office/business space. One entrance is a lobby with a receptionist/office manager office attached. Along the hallway are offices with a total of 11 workstations of varying sizes, each with a computer and telephone. Two large offices are located in the front corner, furnished with furniture of a decidedly higher quality than the others and clearly intended for high-ranking officers in whatever company calls the building home. A large conference room features a wall-mounted projection screen and comfortable seating for 14 individuals. At the center of the office area is a large storage room with the obligatory copier machine. At the far end of the 1st floor is a small terminal with plentiful seating, a service desk, men's/ladies' restrooms, and stairs along with an elevator to the 2nd floor.

The stairs and elevator lead to a balcony area of the terminal containing vending machines and tables/chairs as a 'poor man's food court' for those waiting the company's services. The rest of the 2nd floor is devoted to living space for employees. Just through the doorway from the terminal balcony there is a large bathroom/shower room; some thought has been given to privacy here but not much. A combination kitchen and dining room occupies the southeast corner. In the opposite corner is located a communal living room with comfortable seating and a large wall-mounted monitor that can be used for playing videos, broadcasts, and also can be used for video conferencing. A storage room is located above its 1st floor counterpart and is filled with various assorted sundries, toiletries, supplies, etc., along with a commercial-grade washer and dryer. It also contains the computer server for the building.

Also on the 2nd floor are a dozen dormitory-style rooms for on-site housing. Each room contains a double bed, nightstand, a small couch, a dresser/wardrobe, and a desk/shelves combination unit with a built-in computer. They are all identically decorated in a comfortable, yet spartan style.

The hangar itself can be accessed through doors on both the 1st and 2nd floors -- 2 in the terminal area, 1 in the office area, and 1 in the living area. The 1st floor of the hangar contains a secure storage room with solid walls and a workshop area with assorted fabrication machinery/equipment separated from the main hangar mainly by a sturdy chain link fence (safety being more top of mind than security). Inside the workshop area, among other things, is an auxiliary generator and e-clip charging station. A small door in the back of the workshop area allows access to the elevator machinery room. Along the east wall are armor/equipment lockers and benches.

The 2nd floor of the hangar has an additional work area on top of the 1st floor rooms and catwalks extending along three sides of the building. Staircases lead to an identical set of catwalks on what would be the 3rd floor. Not much is on the 3rd floor aside from mechanical/electrical panels and a door that provides access to the roof of the office/living section. On the roof of the office/living section is a small mechanical room that houses the building's HVAC system along with other mundane services.

Aside from the four doors from the terminal/offices/living spaces, access to the hangar itself is accommodated on the west side of the building by a regular human-sized door next to a larger roll-up door that can accommodate regular land vehicles and on the north side of the building via a huge segmented rolling door that takes up most of the wall space. This is the door that aircraft and large bots would need in order to enter/exit the building.

OOC: Okay, it's not much of a GM post but hopefully it'll give you the lay of the land. Feel free to continue to roleplay the settling in. :)
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia spends a few absent minded hours sketching on the wall before she realizes she still has work to do. She returns to her Salamander and parks it in the space set aside by Fiona. Now the priority is moving those things she can not live without from the RV compartment of her vehicle to the new room. She grabs her boxes of books, places some of the botanical samples she collected recently and proceeds towards the living quarters. On the way in she sees Kat and approaches. Cordelia is still in the assumed form of Jezebel and decides to take some liberties with it.
"We definitely need some paint to spruce this place up a bit. Perhaps some nice pastels."
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

The Weatherman wrote:Tuesday, February 4th, 111 PA
roughly 3:15pm (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
45 degrees F (projected high of 45)
The next two hours pass relatively quickly as the new companions get to business of making their newly-purchased building into something more closely resembling a home. Those with vehicles/bots bring them into the hangar and park them where designated by the resident glamorous gal grease monkey, who more closely resembles a traffic cop than a mechanic directing everyone into their own parking areas. Fiona's telemechanic diagnostic sweeps give her a comprehensive mental inventory of the group's vehicular capabilities (as indicated on their respective character sheets). The only exception is Bettie, who left out to get some of her own effects from storage and who hasn't yet returned.

Meanwhile, Analoy makes her own inventory of their new HQ's larder. Had she heard the old human nursery rhyme about an elderly lady known as "Old Mother Hubbard," she'd undoubtedly been reminded of it as she checked the kitchen's cupboard -- and she'd have identified with Hubbard's poor dog as the pizzas that were delivered were apparently the only food in the building. There are utensils aplenty, just nothing to cook with them.

Cordelia unleashes her creative juices and adds splashes of color to the otherwise corporate-drab paint scheme of the building's interior. Her continued usage of Jez's visage causes a few double takes, especially when they are both in the same room at the same time.

Speaking of Jez, she raises a few eyebrows herself (including both of Kat's) as she restores Kat's armor with what appears to be some sort of 'magic touch.' Ever the pragmatist, the City Rat is quick to point out the economic boon Jez's metahuman abilities provide.

Welcome to Fiona’s -- Where Every Object Has a Story

As Fiona begins her examination of the grimy contents of Kat’s equally grimy bag (and hopefully refrains from making a “look what the Kat dragged in” joke), she finds that it’s a suit of Huntsman armor that’s had a leather vest with the Horsemen’s emblem/colors incorporated into it. There is no helmet to be found. She also finds a vibro-knife, an NG-45LP pistol with an extra clip, wallet (of course it’s on a chain) with a secured card and a non-secured card as well as a few business cards from various establishments around the city, a well-worn folded-up menu from First Edition Bookstore, a pen and a permanent marker.

As she begins her psychic examination she gets vague impressions regarding its previous owner. He was an ogre -- a smallish one as ogres go -- and he was a relatively low-ranking member of Mephisto’s Horsemen. He also was definitely not one of the ‘good guys’ as several impressions leave Fiona with a dark, cold feeling that she’s encountered before when ‘reading’ objects belonging to truly evil individuals. She can’t be certain, but she thinks she senses glimpses of unfamiliar coastal terrain and a sensation of being touched by something… slimy.
((OOC: Fiona, please include percentage checks for impressions/images/present for your Object Reads… though the ‘present’ in this case wouldn’t have been necessary of course. :wink: ))

The stolen bike is a Northern Gun NG-424 Hornet with an electric engine; aside from the (fortunately) removed tracking device, the dead man’s switch, and some tweaks to the lift thrusters to compensate for the rider’s increased bulk it’s pretty much stock. Apparently the ogre riding it wasn’t of high enough rank within the Horsemen to warrant major modifications.

Kat and (Computer) Mouse

Kat gains access to the building’s dedicated server with ease. The previous tenant was a courier/mail service company with a handful of light aircraft offering passenger/light cargo flights to various destinations in North America. Outside of a few questionable manifests to the Manistique Imperium on behalf of a “Jurist Elkcana,” however, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Recovered e-mails/financial files indicate a recent influx of funds that enabled the company to relocate to another hangar with better airstrip access.

As for the server itself, it seems to be adequate for the group’s needs in terms of size and speed of connection to the MercTown internet. Kat and James dial up a duet of diligent digital derring-do to set up formidable cyber security measures

James and the Great Bug Hunt

In addition to helping Kat set up security for the building’s server, James conducts a thorough search of the building itself looking for any means of official or ‘unofficial’ surveillance. There are the expected closed circuit camera systems at the receptionist desk and the terminal’s service counter covering the various entrances to the building/hangar (along with electric locks with keypads in both locations on the doors going into the hangar area, office area, and living area). What is not expected -- or maybe *is* expected giving how pessimistic one’s outlook may be -- there are monitors tied into the CCTV system in the large corner office as well as a recording setup leading to concealed microphones strategically located throughout the building. It appears whoever occupied this office wanted to keep tabs on his/her employees. It’s clear from the concealed design that this capability was not intended to be public knowledge, but there’s no telling whether or not others actually knew about it.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Moving in
Cordelia brings all her Erin Tarn books and her good reference books and for now her Allan Quartermaine novels and sets up a book shelf. Paint can wait. She is still new to the group and she doesnt wan to over step her welcome. If she feels she does not fit she wants to be ready to slip out quietly. She is very excited about being a part of a new group and wants to be accepted. With that she decides that using some one else's appearance is not how to get people to accept her, and changes back.

Meeting time
Cordelia is ready to contribute to help the group. "I would love to go to the Jobs Market. I can hardly wait to see all the exciting people and new beings. I also know that the flea market is near by and I would love to see if there are any good deals." She is almost bouncing in her chair at the idea. "whos with me!" Looking around smiling ear to ear.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

To Analoy, Cordelia says, "I haven't yet checked out the kitchen but I would love to help. I have been living on mostly junk food and pastries since I left Lazlo. So I would TOTALLY love to get some real produce before my hips blow up like a Butter Troll. I would really love the chance to get to know you two as well. I've never met a maxi man...er...woman...and I'm very intrigued."

To Fiona, Cordelia says, "I'm sure your tattoos aren't as functional, but that is some lovely artwork. I was hoping I could check out your music collection. I heard you jamming out in the hanger and I just didn't want to interrupt your work until I get to know you better."

To Kat, Cordelia says, "If you can direct me towards exactly what kind of work we are looking for, I can be fairly persuasive toward weak minded guys who may lean my way. I dont mind putting on a performance if it gets me what i want. As long as I have someone willing to get my back."
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia can hardly contain her excitement. "Lets go! I haven't been to the Hub before but I'm willing to drive. There is plenty of space in my Salamander. I am very eager to start chronicling the goings on in the city."
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

The Calendar Guy wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
projected high of 45 degrees F
The group converses until late in the evening as everyone gets to know each other (and their new home) better. The laundry room on the 2nd floor has enough linens to make up the beds -- the accommodations are rather unsurprisingly spartan, but at least it's a start. Those who wish to spend the night at the HQ are comfortable enough, while those who want to spend the night at the hotel may do so instead (alternatively the hotel staff is all too eager to accommodate any requests to deliver the personal effects still in the suite).

Fiona places an online order for booze (heavy on the whiskey) and non-perishable groceries. The bar in the common room on the 2nd floor has ample space for liquors/beer/wine but the cupboard there is just as empty as the one in the kitchen.

Kat sets up an appointment with MercOps for 10:30 on Wednesday morning, Suite 700 of Mercenary Plaza. Fiona, Analoy and Cordelia make similar plans to hit the Job Market Cafe as well as some additional shopping stops.

The next morning, the groceries arrive promptly at 8am and are quickly put away in their respective locations. In the process they find a handwritten note taped to the refrigerator door:
James wrote:Gone to get a good feel for the city and set up some contacts. May be gone a while. Keep my room for me. I’ll be back. -- James
Jez and Kat arrive at Mercenary Plaza and are greeted by an inevitable over-perky receptionist. ((Continue conversation here))

Meanwhile, the other G.I.R.L.S. make their way to the Job Market Cafe. The establishment looks like it could seat roughly 200 people and by anyone's best guess there's at least 150-175 in there. The air is thick with the smell of eggs, bacon, coffee, beer, sweat, gun oil, and a million other scents. In a back corner booth sits a paunchy, middle-aged guy sipping on a cup of coffee while at the same time working away on a portable computer. ((Continue conversation here))
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia drove her Salamander back to the hanger. She is filled with a mix of excitement and anxiety over the idea of a first mission. It was all she could do to keep her mind on what she was doing. She barely shopped at all, her heart was not in it. After reading all the data on Fixers file she just could not figure what anyone would want with a Podunk little mining town. The not knowing was killing her. It is not something she is used to.
After Analoy opened the gate she pulled in and parked and spent a few minutes organizing her equipment and then went to get her things in her room together, Loaded her camera with fresh batteries and cleaned her pistol.
Then she sat and waited. Maybe a light meal and an early bedtime, I just don't think I'm going to sleep tonight.
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

The Weatherman wrote:Tuesday, February 4th, 111 PA
6:30(ish)pm (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset at 5:22pm)
38 degrees F (high was 45)
Kat and Jez linger a bit with the newest arrival (the one with the group's lowest center of gravity) while the rest of the G.I.R.L.S. head out and get started on the task of getting supplies for their newest (and first) jobs. With Analoy riding with Fiona and Susan riding with Cordelia, the riding conditions are far more comfortable than they were heading out this morning. The next few hours pass relatively uneventfully, save for a brief-yet-not-too-comfortable excursion into the Warrens so Susan can score some drugs from the Feathered Serpent Pharmacy. The purchase of a large amount of Boing-go isn't so bad (in fact the clerk acts as matter-of-factly as she might have had Susan purchased regular over-the-counter headache medicine), but a vehicle like a Salamander isn't exactly a common sight in the Warrens and so more than a few eyebrows are raised as it passes through that part of town.

As the first of the sub-groups pull up to the new HQ, they see a delivery truck pulling away and James moving several large boxes into the building through the office entrance. "The stuff we ordered at the Palace this morning finally came," he mutters. "Also, Bettie stopped by about an hour ago. She said she had some 'personal business' to take care of. Gathered up her stuff and left. Looks like you ladies did a lot of shopping though -- both supplies and recruits. The job hunt must’ve been successful." He shakes the hands of the newer arrivals. “Pleased to meet you. The name’s James Miller. I’m the token male in this group. I’m staying around town working on information networks.”

The newest members are given a tour of the new HQ ((OOC: See THIS POST)). The décor is pretty much what you’d expect from a small business enterprise (although Cordelia has been making progress on adding a bit more artistic flair). Susan eyes the spaces with an eye for converting into a clinic/lab. The boardroom would have a lot of space, but the plumbing would have to be extended quite a bit from the current locations. James notices her muttering to herself and points out that the balcony lounge area is right above the 1st floor restrooms and a section could be closed off to make one without having to run pipes very far.

With everyone pitching in, it doesn’t take long for all the groceries to be put away along with the other supplies/gear. All that’s left is to claim rooms and get everything ready to move out in the morning.

So what are you doing in the evening before heading out tomorrow?

((OOC: Please list which room you'll be taking and also what gear you're setting aside to take with you. Susan, also please include Perception & JIC rolls with your initial post))
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia sits on the first room at the top of the stairs (closest to the bathroom just in case) and waits. She has her T-42 commando suit, her freshly cleaned NG-35 heavy pistol, her camera and bag, her back pack loaded with a set of traveling clothes, a set of dress clothes, portable CD player/recorder & headphones, portable language translator, sketch pad and multi-colored markers and colored pencils, magnifying glass, lock-blade knife, 14 days trail rations. She cleaned and laid out her pouches of ammo and camera reload disks. And she should be asleep. She just could not calm down. She put all her reference books back in the Salamander and tried again.
Sigh
She gets up and goes out into the hall way and begins painting the walls. A large picture of a flower with a knife through it and a scroll the reads " Fight Like A Girl"
She paints and draws until the late hours of the evening when she eventually fell asleep sitting on the floor in the hallway.
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

The evening progresses as the group gets settled into their respective rooms. While the accommodations aren’t luxurious by any means (though some living in the shanties down in the Warrens might vehemently disagree) they are serviceable and comfortable.

Analoy stakes her claim on the kitchen and after some mental organization she gets down to business of preparing food for the job and beyond. While certainly none would deride the magic embedded in the tattoos that cover her body, it becomes clear as the piquant aromas of the bread and spices begin to waft through the different parts of the building (especially the 2nd floor) that she’s more than capable of weaving succulent spells of gastronomy as well. She finds she doesn’t really need to stick her head out of the kitchen to find out what everyone else is up to as just about everyone visits at least once or twice just to get a better whiff of what’s cooking -- and what’s cooking are Cornish pasties (with the short “a” sound)! Perhaps it’s just a random feeling of déjà vu or the half-remembered remnants of a strange dream… but whatever the source of Analoy’s inspiration for British cuisine she manages to pull it off better than most actual Britons would.

Susan inspects the various potential locations for her clinic and eventually agrees with James that enclosing part of the balcony would be the most ideal location. As the group is chowing down on Analoy’s “epic” pasties, she confers with Jez regarding her physical condition in between attempts to secure DNA samples from everyone. Based upon Jez’s stated symptoms, Susan realizes that it sounds like her aches could indeed be muscle tension resulting from disuse atrophy. Unfortunately she’s not of a race that’s frequently encountered in North America (or really, anywhere else on Rifts Earth) so without known a lot more about Arismal physiology it’s difficult to verify with 100% accuracy.

((OOC: up to each one of you as to whether or not you want to comply with Susan’s requests, but those who do please state so in your replies. I believe Cordelia has already agreed back at the JMC.))

Cordelia tries her best to relax before the next day’s mission after stocking up her Salamander, but unfortunately for her sleep plays coy, aloof and disdainful (as Maya Angelou might say). It is only after adding a new mural to one of the walls that her mind allows itself to sleep, perchance to dream and with it the risks of what dreams may come. How do hardened veterans with multiple combat operations manage to sleep soundly? DO they sleep soundly? Do they count sheep? Do they count other things -- and what would they be? Do they need drugs to calm them down and knock them out? These are the questions that vex the waking mind when it wants to no longer be waking.

Speaking of hardened veterans, the most grizzled girl of the group (that’s Jez, for those playing along at home) for her part once dinner and diagnosis are done spends the rest of her evening making sure all her gear -- including her upgraded armor and robot vehicle -- are in proper working order as soldiers have been wont to do since the days when “gear” included swords and shields.
Kat, meanwhile, spends her evening inspecting everyone else’s gear -- or else their vehicles -- and makes her recommendation regarding vehicle choices for the job. The Salamander and the robot provide more than enough room for the group to travel. She checks with Fiona about her weapon modifications, but unfortunately the group’s resident mechanic has been so preoccupied with getting the work spaces in order that she hasn’t had an opportunity to do so.

((OOC: Fi missed posting this cycle, so no pimped weapons for you this time.))

((OOC: Also, any last-minute catching up you feel you need to take place this evening before heading out tomorrow should be posted as soon as you can and shouldn't last past this week. Otherwise, go ahead and start making your posts in the adventure thread.))
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 60%

Once the danger has passed, Cordelia starts to feel different. She sees all the injured and spends time talking to them. Absolutely certain to tell them the company name. "GIRLS of Merctown here to help sir and ma'am"
But she really doesn't feel totally better until she gets to her RV. Home. She strips off her charred suit and gear and drives to the hanger. Once there she digs though her gear and saves anything still usable. She takes the rest of the charred suit and stuff it in a bag. She dumps the bag out next to her Salamander and proceeds in her underwear from the hanger to the shower. Once there she proceeds to delight anyone in ear shot with a full concert of her favorite pre-cataclysm golden favorite oldies. Complete with dancing. She hangs around a while in her towel to air dry before she finishes her hygiene. Cordelia wonders back to her room to get dressed and ready to go resupply.
As she readies herself alone at last in her room. She cries quietly to herself for a few moments. So many people dead. She may never fully get to grips with it as she has not fully gotten in touch with her own mortality. It weighs heavy on her for a while. She then wipes her eyes and looks in the mirror. Being a Phlebus means never needing makeup. She wills herself to look like she has this under control.
She then proceeds to go find the crew heading to the market.
Legion

Post by Legion »

The G.I.R.L.S. HQ radio suddenly makes a small click before the familiar voice of Fixer Jones comes on, "Attention G.I.R.L.S., anyone there got ears on? Repeat, is there anyone there? Over.".

WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?
Legion

Post by Legion »

Jezebel wrote:Jez walks over to the nearest comm panel and extends a thin tendril from one finger to merge with the radio. "Fixer, this is Jez. What's up? Over."

She looks around at any other teammate who might be present and shrugs as if it convey We just saw him. Who knows what's up?
Fixer responds with, "Just checking to see if you would be interested in a pair of new recruits? I noticed your team was a might thin after you ran that last one for me, which I appreciate greatly if I didn't say that before. Anyway, I've got two ladies here askin' for work. A rough and tumble sort who looks like she knows her way around guns and I think the other might be some sorta' wrench head. I could be wrong on that one. So what do you think Jez? Over".
Legion

Post by Legion »

Jezebel wrote:Jez smiles and flashes any other teammate present with a thumbs up. "Send 'em to our hangar at the Prouse Memorial Airport, Fixer, and much obliged. Hey, don't forget to spread the word of what we managed! We need the notoriety! We're new and have bills to pay as I'm sure you're well aware. Anyway, thanks again, Fixer. We'll be in touch again soon." C'mon, Fixer, help make us famous. GIRLS needs to be famous if I'm to find and finance a way to get home.

"Right, will do. I'll have a look and see if there are any jobs for you here shortly. Have a good one! Out.", and with that Fixer signs off.
Saffron Reynolds

Post by Saffron Reynolds »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]% (24% base)

Saffron pulls her vehicle up outside Hangar 1A and looks the building up and down, "Roomy.". Getting out she waits on Lucille to join her before approaching the main entrance and knocking.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy tails Saffron's NG-CW81 Ermine Scout back to the Outskirts and pulls up along side her at the complex Fixer Jones sent them to. "Well. It's not hot pink..." she muses to herself, still trying to suss out what in the hell kind of group would be referred to as GIRLS. As they walk towards what she takes to be the main entrance, she focuses on some calming deep breaths. "First impressions, ok. You can do this. Just let the pretty red head talk. And for Guuumsh's sake smile girl!" As Saffron knocks, she applies her best good-to-meet-you-oh-no-nothing-awkward-to-see-here look. It's not particularly convincing.
Saffron Reynolds

Susan Lee wrote:Fresh meat! Susan grabs some gear out of her room and rushes downstairs, trying to beat James to the door. Once there, she flings it open.

"Greetings, I am Dr. Susan. If you are joining us, I will need some strands of hair and a mouth swab from each of you." She smiles with fake sympathy. "Apologies, company policy."

She holds out a mouth swab to Saffron and Lucille. Once they comply, she takes the swabs back and holds out two receptacles for their hair samples.

"We can complete the questionnaire and physical once you've settled in."

Yes! This is a normal thing for a mercenary company to do!

"Oh. Welcome."

Saffron blinks a few times in confusion before looking the dark haired woman up and down before responding, "Well doc, that's sweet and all but I think you have things a bit out of order here. Usually someone buys me a few drinks and a nice dinner before getting hold of things like that from me...and if your really nice you get breakfast in the morning. Right now I'm here to see a Jezebel Fox...am I saying that right?", with that she attempts to get past the energetic woman without actually shoving her, pulling Lucille along by the hand.

Assuming that the doctor lets her in without any trouble, Susan approaches the quite tall, goggle wearing, purple haired woman in the room as she glances around at the rest of the people present, "small group, no wonder they are recruiting", she muses. She smiles at everyone, "I'm Saffron Reynolds and this is my friend Lucille. So, which one of you is this Jezebel we were sent to meet up with?".
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

With Saffron in front of her, the sudden emergence of a dark haired doctor only somewhat startles her. "Ok, so yeah, that's... wait, she wants what?"

She has little time to seriously reflect on the odd interaction before Saffron has said her two cents and dragged her through the hanger door to a laughing man who's words and flash of a smile sooth her anxiety a bit. "Uh, hi... your Hor-iness? James is it? Yes, hi. Thanks. Um." She pauses to take a settling breath. "Right, I'm Lucille Davis. New to MercTown. And this is Saffron Reynolds. Did you say Ms Faux is in?" She thinks to stop for a moment. "Let's just hold there, girl! No need to say more until Jezebel Faux makes an appearance. Otherwise, I'm likely to put another foot in my mouth, again..." She turns around on her boots to take in the hanger and, feeling awkward just standing there with Susan's outstretched hand holding some medical device, tries some small talk on for size while they wait. "Nice place you've got here. You work here long? How's the weather in the area?" "Oh god, I'm asking about weather. Please let Ms Fuax show up soon..."
Saffron Reynolds

"Rolls Carried"
James Miller wrote:James gestures around to the large hanger and looks back to Saffron and Lucille with a smile and says, "Well, this is home for us but there is still a lot of work to get it set up the way we like. If you want to find somewhere to sit we can wait until the boss lady makes her way down to give you the full low down on what we'd expect if you wanted to join the GIRLS." As an after though James adds, "Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm James Miller and I am what Jez likes to call the Hor of the group. That's 'h' 'o' 'r' short for honorary male." James feints stopping to think about something before continuing, "Actually, the acronym doesn't make any sense, I am pretty sure she just likes calling me a whore." James laughs at his own expense doing his best to lighten the creepy serial killer mood Susan got everyone started in. (Invoke Trust)

As James approaches and starts talking to Saffron she just smiles and nods, not really listening. " Ah yea, uh... nice to meet you. uh, James.", as Saffron takes a breath in and looks around the room. "Hmm, I wonder if we get our own room here? Ok now, we can ask that later. Lets focus on finding this Jezebel person.". Something catches her eye on the table near by, so Saffron passes by James and heads over to the table to take a closer look. "Oh my, an NE-3 "Gambler" Revolver and an NE-95 Assault Rifle! Oooh, what I could do with these."Saffron so intrigued she almost misses the long legged beauty sitting there. "Hi, are these yours?" , Saffron asks as she points to the guns on the table.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Date: Friday, February 7th, 111 PA
Time: 1:51 pm
Temp: 54 degrees F
Weather: Mostly sunny
Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is in MercTown

As the members of GIRLS and their two new recruits are getting to know each other there is the brief woosh of jet pack thrusters and a thump as the jet pack cuts out from outside. Moments later there is a knock at the door for the second time today. Whoever answers the door is staring at someone in a T-21 Terrain Hopper painted brown with the letters PAPS stenciled on the chest and both shoulders in a much lighter brown.

The pilot flips up their visor revealing a fairly young human female face. You can just hear the sound of music coming from inside her helmet which explains why she suddenly asks very loudly, "Is this Girls H-Q?". When she gets confirmation of this she reaches to the back of her utility belt and produces a sealed tube, again speaking too loud she states, "I've got a priority package for ya'. Sign here.", at which point she holds out her left forearm which has a small tablet screen built into it and she hands over a stylus. Once it is signed she hands over the tube, waves, turns and after taking only a dozen steps away she jets off via power leaps and disappears over the MercTown wall soon after.

Once the tube is in hand, it is easy to see the Wellington Industries emblem on the side of it and a name under that; Kenneth Wintrall Sr.. At the moment, the name is of no significance to anyone in the room. The sealed tube itself is a simple water tight one, but is of a very high quality and it weighs maybe 1 pound.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 25% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]
Jezebel wrote:Jez yells for everybody to join her in the hangar. It might be more "big business" to discuss things with potential recruits in the office area, but damnit, that's false advertising. We're a small outfit. Jez is dressed in her freshly laundered ADF fatigues, optic glasses, and boots. Her hair is damp and air drying. It's pretty clear that she showered not long ago. She's in the workshop area of the hangar. Not far away is her Hornet hovercycle, another Hornet (this one a bit beat-up which James quickly absconds with), and Cordelia's massive Salamander hover vehicle. Looming over everything is Jez's twenty-four foot tall TR-004 Titan Heavy Combat Robot. There are a couple of benches around her upon which Jez has sorted out her personal gear.
Lucy perks up as her eyes are drawn to several looming vehicles and a lovely TR-004 Titan, all within a workshop background. A broad smile full of cheer shines from her face. "Ah, finally. Something I understand." Her anxiety rapidly diminishes; that is, until she fixates an imposing Jez, all fatigued out and looking every bit the leader. "Oh, well, no mistaking Ms Faux." She proceeds to listen carefully as Jez barks out her orders to her team before she turns to them. "She doesn't mince words, so at least I'll know where I stand."
Jezebel wrote:Eyeing the nuggets, Jez addresses them directly. "I'm Jezebel. You must be the two Fixer was talking about. I run this operation. My partner is away on other business. Her name's Kat. Should she return in time for our next contract, just know that she's less disciplined and far more ruthless than I am. We expect a lot, but we give back a lot. Kat and I financed this start-up merc group. We just got returned from rescuing a bunch of enslaved townsfolk from a group of nasty mages. Faced down then befriended a dragon in the process." Jez shrugs. "I'm still fairly new to this world, so I'm not sure if this is entirely unusual or not, so take that as you will." She glances down at the two weapons remaining on the table. "If either of you are proficient with weapons of this type, you're free to adopt them. All equipment is individually owned and maintained, so make sure your gear is in good order. Stuff acquired during missions is sold and the proceeds distributed among the group members. You can buy back anything we acquire at half market price though. Twenty percent of any money made from commissions and loot goes back to the company collectively to pay for repairs and such. If you get word of a lead, pass it to me or Kat ASAP. You don't get to contract the group. That's it. The more we work, the more we get paid. Kat and I call the shots, but we expect you to think on your feet and take initiative."
Lucy listens closly to Jez, a mixture of interest, excitment, and fright all mixed together as she is regaled by GIRLS recent mission highlights. As Jez concludes her pitch, she realizes she's got the job. "Huh, easiest interview I've had... That could spell trouble. And did she say dragon? That was a friendly dragon, or that the faced down? And also, just, DRAGON." Lucy decides not to perseverate on that last anxiety provoking thought and introduce herself. "Well, Ms Faux, I'm Lucille Davis, also fairly new, at least to these parts. Sounds like you're running yourself a tight ship, and it would be my pleasure to help maintain, upgrade, and repair it as you see fit. I've got a knack for techno-wizardry, but can make my way around just about any mechanical or electrical device." She extends her hand, unsure what customs Ms Faux is... well... accustomed to, but hopes this isn't an aggressive gesture from her neck of the woods.

As for the offer of weapons, she figures that the NE-95 is a bit too macho for either of them, while the NE-3 is more Saffron's style - though she's ready for Saffron to surprise her. Lucy looks her way. "I don't know if you've got the space on your person for any more firepower, but honey, if you want 'em, feel free." Awaiting Saffron's response, she ruminates to herself. "A girl can always use a backup revolver." She'll adopt the NE-3 if Saffron passes on it.
Jezebel wrote:Assuming everything's clear, Jez adds, "We're about to head out and re-equip. Then we're heading out to dinner--my treat. Tomorrow, we're back to work hunting down the next job. If you want to come with us, tag along. If not, you're welcome to explore the facility and claim your own space up in the residential area. Any questions?"
"Just one question," Lucy manages. "Is this GIRLS main workshop? I'd like to familiarize myself with it so I know what I can and cannot do for you. Other than that, your offer sounds mighty kind and it would be good to get to know y'all over a meal."

As Jez inspects the tube, Lucy walks around the workshop to better understand what she's got to work with, staying within ear shot to follow any unfolding conversation while making mental notes about what they have and what they need.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**
Jezebel wrote:"I'm not quite right in what 'techno-wizardry' is, so I'm just gonna pretend it's like everything else you said. Among my people, we'd call you an engineer if we're looking to flatter you, a tech if we're on good terms, or a grease-monkey behind your back. It's a damn shame Fiona dipped out on us. I bet you two would talk shop for hours." She shakes Lucille's hand, entirely comfortable with this familiar custom. Her grip might appear a bit weak as Jez is not entirely certain what the hell her metabolism is up to of late, or what mutagenic changes may have occurred since her last bout of voracious eating.
Sensing Jez's care, Lucy is simply releived that her hand isn't being crushed. "She's holding back. Good that she knows her own strength." Releasing the handshake, Lucy responds, "Tech's good enough for me, and on the workshop floor back in Stormspire, grease-monkey just meant that you were a hard worker, so I'll be reclaiming that as a compliment." She smiles genuinely and easily for the first time, feeling quite at home. "And as for the techno-wizardry part, I combine magic and technology. I'm sure you'll see plenty once I get up and running."
Jezebel wrote:"Yeah, it is. Make yourself familiar with it. If you've got more than the clothes on your back, feel free to get your shit situated & get yourself set-up. That fool James just took off to spend hard earned money when here you are: a tech eager to get her hands dirty." Jez chuckles. "Just to clue you in so you don't think I'm butting into your wheelhouse, you should know I can fix shit too." One of Jez's bare hands starts to glow with a faint yellowish-white aura. She squats down and pokes the concrete in front of her feet with a glowing finger. A segment of it is shattered like it just got blasted with a small cannon. She then reaches out once again and the damage to the concrete seems to mend instantly before everyone's eyes. The blast mark, merely aesthetic now, remains, but the floor is once again whole. "This is the limit of what I can do though. I can't fix complex machines or anything like that. All I can do in this regard is pretty much mend what's broken. Works on flesh like that, too, but we still need people like Susan who actually understand medicine, and we still need techs who understand machine medicine. So I ain't competition, you read me? Oh, and it's just Jez. Lieutenant Faux if you're trying to impress others."
Lucy's eyes go wide at Jez's demonstration and she begins to pull from her experience with... phenomena like this. "Well ain't that something! Don't recon I've ever seen anyone do exactly that before - no muttering under your breath or gestures? Invisible sigil up your sleeve or under your skin? An enchantment of some sort? Hrm. And it works on flesh too... Did this even disrupt your psychic energies? Or maybe you draw power from the local environment? That would be important to know in case the environment runs low on... whatever it is that's powering you..." She pauses for breath, her eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Where'd you say you're from again?"

{Skill Rolls}
Lore: Magic, General Knowledge: 39% / [dice]0[/dice] -- FAIL (to assess whatever it is that Jez is doing)
Recognize Enchantment: 22% / [dice]1[/dice] -- FAIL
Susan Lee wrote:Susan watches Jez's demonstration in awe. "What a shame you aren't human, it would be easier to duplicate... whatever that was. Are you sure you don't believe in magic?"
Taking Susan's comment on board, Lucy formulates a quick plan. "You may not believe in magic, but I sure as Mummu do. Well, it's more a fact instead of a belief, if you want to get technical, you know, given that I do do it and that whatever it is that I am doing has some ontological underpinning in this reality we all inhabit since it, well, happens, you know, causation and all..." Realizing she's headed down a line of thought that the others are probably not at all interested in debating, especially on their first meeting, she returns to her plan. "If you don't mind, can you do that again while I monitor you with a simple spell that lets me sense magic? Could help diagnose whatever it is that you're able to do." If Jez agrees, Lucy brings down her goggles and casts Sense Magic (-4 PPE) through them to observe Jez's powers in action.
Legion

Post by Legion »

The radio once again chirps before Fixer Jones' voice is heard...again! "Jez, Fixer Jones here again. Look, I'm pretty busy here, but I wanted to at least give you a heads up. I sent another new merc your way, Dog-Boy or small Wolfen of some kind. Said she's an RCV and PA operator. Have a good one ladies! Jones out."
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Alex approaches the hangar looking around, nodding to herself. "I suppose this is it, hangar 1a? Looks like all the others." she thinks to herself as she approaches the door and gives it a few hard knocks and takes a step back, her tail giving away her slight anxiousness at meeting new people, especially ones that she would be working along with soon on who knows what kind of adventures.
Legion

Post by Legion »

As Jez looks over the tube, she notices a simple 'pull here' label with an arrow pointing to a small, finger sized, red tab. Giving the tab a sharp tug, the tube pops open at one end with a short hiss and then rotates open. Inside, nestled in gray foam, is a standard computer memory chip with a neatly hand-written message on it's label that simply says 'view message here-on, signed K.W.S.'
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

"We're in here!" she shouts at the top of her ample lungs.
Alex's ears perk hearing the acknowledgement and follows it around to the office door, and opens the door entering the office area, giving a small greeting "Greetings I'm Alexandra, Alex for short. Just got to town from Lazlo area and was directed your way with prospects of work."
"I'm Jezebel. You must be the robot jock who Fixer was talking about. I run this operation.

Alex looks over at Jez, giving a small nod, listening before becoming slightly distracted Susan, her ears flicking back some as Susan pokes around at her.
When Jez is done speaking, Susan says to Alexandra, "Please correct me if I am wrong, but you are not a pup... PSI-HOUND, but a Kankoran, yes?"

"You would be correct, I'm a Kankoran; my tribe was north of Lazlo when I was little, but thats a pretty long story." Without skipping a beat she looks back at Jez hearing the part of befriending a dragon, and the part about being fairly new to this world.

"Dragon's are quite awesome, there were quite a number of them up in Lazlo area, from what I've seen they can be picky, some are nice and some are grumpy. Also you said you were new to this world? Did you come thru a rift?" she tilts her head curiously, before looking back at Susan and the rest of the group.
Saffron Reynolds

Jezebel wrote:Jez yells for everybody to join her in the hangar. It might be more "big business" to discuss things with potential recruits in the office area, but damnit, that's false advertising. We're a small outfit. Jez is dressed in her freshly laundered ADF fatigues, optic glasses, and boots. Her hair is damp and air drying. It's pretty clear that she showered not long ago. She's in the workshop area of the hangar. Not far away is her Hornet hovercycle, another Hornet (this one a bit beat-up which James quickly absconds with), and Cordelia's massive Salamander hover vehicle. Looming over everything is Jez's twenty-four foot tall TR-004 Titan Heavy Combat Robot. There are a couple of benches around her upon which Jez has sorted out her personal gear.
Once everyone arrives, Jez begins to dominate conversation to a degree.
Assuming everything's clear, Jez adds, "We're about to head out and re-equip. Then we're heading out to dinner--my treat. Tomorrow, we're back to work hunting down the next job. If you want to come with us, tag along. If not, you're welcome to explore the facility and claim your own space up in the residential area. Any questions?"

Saffron stands there awaiting Jez to complete her speech and spill to the group. "I like a lady that takes charge. I am going to fit in great here." Saffron smirks at her thoughts and reaches out a hand to Jez. " Nice to meet you Jez, I am Saffron. I have a love for guns and their power." Saffron pauses a split second to see if Jez says anything then picks up the NE-95 Assault Rifle and looks it over and part of her becomes very pleased she nibbles on her lower lip. "Wait did she say friended a dragon??" Saffron was not sure what to say on that matter. "Well, Nice to meet everyone, I am going to stay here and get settled in and find a room. Where are we meeting for dinner?"
Lucille Davis wrote:As for the offer of weapons, she figures that the NE-95 is a bit too macho for either of them, while the NE-3 is more Saffron's style - though she's ready for Saffron to surprise her. Lucy looks her way. "I don't know if you've got the space on your person for any more firepower, but honey, if you want 'em, feel free." Awaiting Saffron's response, she ruminates to herself. "A girl can always use a backup revolver." She'll adopt the NE-3 if Saffron passes on it.
Saffron turns to Lucy and notices she is very interested in the NE-3. "Lucy sweetheart, the NE-3 is yours if you want or need. I am so gld we met. It is always good to make friends." Saffron moves in and softly kisses Lucy on the cheek. "Thank you for shopping with me."
Alexandra wrote:
"We're in here!" she shouts at the top of her ample lungs.
Alex's ears perk hearing the acknowledgement and follows it around to the office door, and opens the door entering the office area, giving a small greeting "Greetings I'm Alexandra, Alex for short. Just got to town from Lazlo area and was directed your way with prospects of work."
Alex looks over at Jez, giving a small nod, listening before becoming slightly distracted Susan, her ears flicking back some as Susan pokes around at her.
When Jez is done speaking, Susan says to Alexandra, "Please correct me if I am wrong, but you are not a pup... PSI-HOUND, but a Kankoran, yes?"

"You would be correct, I'm a Kankoran; my tribe was north of Lazlo when I was little, but thats a pretty long story." Without skipping a beat she looks back at Jez hearing the part of befriending a dragon, and the part about being fairly new to this world.

As the hanger door opens again, Saffron turns around to see who is there"Well she looks soft and cuddly. I wonder what she can offer the group?" As she thinks to herself Saffron walks a way from the table with rifle in hand towards the kankoran. " Hi there Alex, I am Saffron. I am new to the group as well . Do you need fire power? I am good as you can see." Saffron does a half spin to show off her curves and fire power. Saffron waits for Alex to respond.

If Alex excepts - Saffron will offer the NE-95 to Alex.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

As she thinks to herself Saffron walks a way from the table with rifle in hand towards the kankoran. " Hi there Alex, I am Saffron. I am new to the group as well . Do you need fire power? I am good as you can see." Saffron does a half spin to show off her curves and fire power. Saffron waits for Alex to respond.

If Alex excepts Saffron will offer the NE-95 to Alex.
One of Alex's ears flick in Saffron's direction, looking at her as she approaches "Hi Saffron, glad to know I'm not the only newbie here in the group." she gives a small giggle and looks at the rifle and accepts her offer "I've only got my pistol and my Enforcer currently, I could always use another weapon, for those times just in case where I'm out of suit/vehicle. I will definitely return the favor.". Her tail slightly wagging.

Alex looks back over at Jez and the offer of food "I think I'm gonna also hang back and take a look around the hangar a bit and get to know everyone else here. But I will definitely be down for meeting up for food later."
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: 60%

Cordelia has been sitting scribbling notes into her sketch pad. Stuff she wants to remember for later chronicling. Like I'll ever forget this stuff burned into my mind. She only stops for a moment when Jez approaches her. She needs the second gun. Cordelia acknowledges Jezebels advise and takes the pistol and reloads and stuffs them into her bag. I wonder if there is a book on this I can get.

She goes back to her note pad but is now getting distracted by the new people. As she watches she lets her natural Phlebus abilities work and takes on the appearance of their new guest Saffron. She then slowly walks over from the table to the group gathered nearby and introduces herself.

"Well my my. New help. My name is Saffron too. Either there are two of us or we're sisters. Maybe we can do each others hair once your settled in. " She then blows her a kiss and winks.
Cordelias mother had told her it is impolite to copy people without their consent, but this seemed like fun. Smiles and extends her hand. "What do you say?"
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

When Alexandra explains her history, Susan perks up. "Oh, you're from Lazlo? I'm from Lazlo! I wonder if we know any of the same people."

"We'll definitely have to sit down sometime and find out! I could tell stories about that place, so so many stories" She gives a Susan an excited grin and lets out another giggle as before.
allow us to coordinate for dinner. I don't really know where to go for dinner. I'm totally open to suggestions. Maybe something other than the Palace this time?"
"The only place that I know of is the place I just came from, the cafe Fixer's running can make one real mean burger and fries, they also have some tasty meads, very very fruity and tart" she licks her lips and muzzle again just thinking about the mead that continues to warm her belly. "so is anyone available to give the grand tour or can we just meander around and search places ourselves, don't wanna be rude and just start snooping around specially thru anyone else's stuff"
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Beneith her goggles, Lucy examined Jez's abilities for signs of magic and enchantment carefully, and with surprise. Not registering any magic signature... how very curious! Pulling her goggles back up, she says "Well for all the talk about magic and... er... powers being the same, my ensorcelled goggles fail to detect even a hint of magical output from these amazing abilities. I mean, maybe they're all related at some unknown level, but whatever that level is, it is... well, like I said, unknown! I don't guess ley lines affect these either..." She doesn't press further, satisfied with the information gathered so far.
Saffron Reynolds wrote:Saffron turns to Lucy and notices she is very interested in the NE-3. "Lucy sweetheart, the NE-3 is yours if you want or need. I am so gld we met. It is always good to make friends." Saffron moves in and softly kisses Lucy on the cheek. "Thank you for shopping with me."
Watching Saffron look over the guns and then go for the NE-95 rifle surprises her. Well, can't predict them all! Lucy happily picks up the NE-3. "Thanks Saffron. I'm, too, super happy that..." she breaks off as Saffron gives her cheek a kiss. "That, um... yes. that we're friends. Friends!" Recovering her composure as Saffron saunters away, she picks up the NE-3, smiling. Good to have a back up. Should be concealed quite nicely in my boot. And think of all the ways I might wizard up on its design!
Alexandra wrote:
Saffron Reynolds wrote: As she thinks to herself Saffron walks a way from the table with rifle in hand towards the kankoran. " Hi there Alex, I am Saffron. I am new to the group as well . Do you need fire power? I am good as you can see." Saffron does a half spin to show off her curves and fire power. Saffron waits for Alex to respond.

If Alex excepts Saffron will offer the NE-95 to Alex.
One of Alex's ears flick in Saffron's direction, looking at her as she approaches "Hi Saffron, glad to know I'm not the only newbie here in the group." she gives a small giggle and looks at the rifle and accepts her offer "I've only got my pistol and my Enforcer currently, I could always use another weapon, for those times just in case where I'm out of suit/vehicle. I will definitely return the favor.". Her tail slightly wagging.
And another surprise! Lucy makes note of Saffron's continuing generosity. She decides to follow her lead and introduce herself as well. "Hi Alex. I'm Lucy, another newbie, as you say. Such a pleasure to meet a Kankoran. Really looking forward to working with you. And if you need some engineering or wizarding support, don't you dare hesitate to ask." She extends her hand.
Cordelia wrote:She goes back to her note pad but is now getting distracted by the new people. As she watches she lets her natural Phlebus abilities work and takes on the appearance of their new guest Saffron. She then slowly walks over from the table to the group gathered nearby and introduces herself.

"Well my my. New help. My name is Saffron too. Either there are two of us or we're sisters. Maybe we can do each others hair once your settled in. " She then blows her a kiss and winks.
Cordelias mother had told her it is impolite to copy people without their consent, but this seemed like fun. Smiles and extends her hand. "What do you say?"
Oh. my. Gruumsh. There are *two* of them. The very possibility of two Saffrons had her head spinning.

In part to distract herself, Lucy makes her rounds around the workshop, noting what inventory might be needed. After looking around the workshop, Lucy decides to hunt down a room of her own. Her stomach, however, stays quite focused on dinner. Jez sounds like she's up for a big night out on the town. Should be good fun getting to know these ladies, and James, assuming he joins.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

"If you've got more than the clothes on your back, feel free to get your shit situated & get yourself set-up. Don't be shy about poking your nose around either. I ain't worried about thievin' cuz I can track down anyone. So just make yourself at home."
"Ok! I'm gonna go take a look around then. Speaking of which, where can I drop my Enforcer? Just main hangar bay? Its kinda got all my things stored in it cause I wasn't sure what was gonna happen when I got here."
She decides to follow her lead and introduce herself as well. "Hi Alex. I'm Lucy, another newbie, as you say. Such a pleasure to meet a Kankoran. Really looking forward to working with you. And if you need some engineering or wizarding support, don't you dare hesitate to ask." She extends her hand.
Alex takes the extended hand and gives it a soft shake smiling at Lucy "Hi Lucy, Its nice to meet you as well, same this is gonna be exciting getting to know each of you! I will also definitely keep that in mind." Her tail now swaying a bit more then before, meeting so many new people, definitely excited with a bit of curiosity about everyone.
Saffron Reynolds

Holds Rolls
Jezebel wrote:Jez notes the absence of radios on either Saffron or Lucille. "You two aren't properly equipped." She grabs a pair of hand-held radios from one of the shelves (already deducted from decision gear) and hands one each to the two new G.I.R.L.S.

She sees that the caninoid already has one on her hip. Jez then extends a thin tendril from one finger into each of the two radios (machine merge) as she hands them to Saffron & Lucille to program the radios to match the frequency presets used by G.I.R.L.S. She looks to the Kankoran. Whatever the hell that word means. Guess it's her species. Jez says, "Allow me to program our presets into your radio." She repeats her previous action. "There, we should all be set now. Those radios aren't secure, so we'll have to get everyone upgraded to secure radios, maybe visit the Wilk's store in the Arms Bazaar, but those will work fine here in town and allow us to coordinate for dinner. I don't really know where to go for dinner. I'm totally open to suggestions. Maybe something other than the Palace this time?"

Saffron takes the radio from Jez."Thanks for the radio. We'll radio you when we are settled in and ready to meet up." Saffron turns to Lucy and Alex ,"Sounds like we need to grab a decent radio before we leave town. Want to go together then meet up with group for grub? Alex you can join us if you want." Saffron takes a step away from the table to start looking around.

Cordelia wrote: She goes back to her note pad but is now getting distracted by the new people. As she watches she lets her natural Phlebus abilities work and takes on the appearance of their new guest Saffron. She then slowly walks over from the table to the group gathered nearby and introduces herself.

Saffron is very intrigued and wants answers. " Hot Damn! The world can't handle two of me. How did you do that?" Saffron walks circles around her to see if she can figure her out. "Damn, she is good. I need to stick with this one. This could get interesting and be useful." Saffron flips her hair around and sticks out her hand to get a real greeting. " And your real name is? " Waiting for a response Saffron starts thinking," Playing with myself now has a new meaning." Saffron starts to have dirty thoughts and starts to bite down on her lower lip and her hands slowly move up her upper thigh up to her tummy. Saffron got a small taste of blood. which caught her attention, "Oh my, um.. I am going to go find my room now."Saffron goes up stairs and starts looking for a room that is not claimed and gets settled in.

About an hour later she notices she is getting hungry. "MMmm, I have a craving for apples. Hopefully we can get some fresh fruit for the road." .Saffron comes out of her room ,"Hey girls, are you ready to get moving? I am starving."
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia sees Jez march out. "Sorry girls gotta go shopping" She turns back to herself and jumps a little.
"Oh and Im Cordelia." She waves as she scurries off. "I dont wanna miss my ride, BYE!!"
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy is relieved as Cordelia transforms, leaving the group with the one and only Saffron Reynolds. "Ms Saffron's one of a kind Ms Cordelia, though you put on quite a good show!"

When Jez calls for the move, Lucy turns back to Saffron. "Looks like we're headed out. I'm calling shotgun!" She follows the other girls out the door.

Heading to Naruni Enterprises Building (21)
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Saffron takes the radio from Jez."Thanks for the radio. We'll radio you when we are settled in and ready to meet up." Saffron turns to Lucy and Alex ,"Sounds like we need to grab a decent radio before we leave town. Want to go together then meet up with group for grub? Alex you can join us if you want." Saffron takes a step away from the table to start looking around.
"sounds like a definite plan, gives me something to do as well. I need to go grab my Enforcer first however and get everything unpacked properly. She's stored pretty close by, I think."

Alex looks around the hanger looking for a good spot to park her Enforcer, and starts making her way back to The City gates to grab her Enforcer and bring it back to the hanger. She returns 15 to 20 mins later parking her robot vehicle in one of the corners of the hangers and starts unloading some of her clothes and starts looking around at the upper rooms taking the first empty one.

After unpacking she leaves her room just as Saffron asks if everyone else was read "I could definitely go for some desert type food, the half pound burger is still sitting pretty heavy in my tummy. Smoothy or something fruity"
Saffron Reynolds

Lucille Davis wrote:Lucy is relieved as Cordelia transforms, leaving the group with the one and only Saffron Reynolds. "Ms Saffron's one of a kind Ms Cordelia, though you put on quite a good show!"

When Jez calls for the move, Lucy turns back to Saffron. "Looks like we're headed out. I'm calling shotgun!" She follows the other girls out the door.

As Lucy is going out the door Saffron waves and says," Hey Lucy, Can you grab me a radio while your out?" Saffron waits a sec as everyone leaves and turns around back into her room. Saffron goes back to brushing her hair and getting ready for dinner.

Alexandra wrote:
After unpacking she leaves her room just as Saffron asks if everyone else was read "I could definitely go for some desert type food, the half pound burger is still sitting pretty heavy in my tummy. Smoothy or something fruity"

Saffron comes back down stairs and notices Alexandra is still here at the hanger. "Hey Alexander, is it OK if I call you Alex? I know you don't know me that well is why I ask? " Saffron leans in and sits down at the table to wait to see if Alex joins her. Saffron rubs her belly," Hmm, I am getting hungry and desert does sounds better."
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack, Radio Ear
Current Effects, Other: Amplified Hearing

Megan looks down at the scrap piece of paper that Fixer wrote the address down on one last time to verify she was at the correct location.
If Megan Doesn't See Anyone Outside And The Hangar Doors Are Closed
Megan knocks on the door (or rings a doorbell if one is present), calling out "Hello? I'm looking for a Jezebel Faux? Fixer Jones had recommended me to come here looking for a job as a member of G.I.R.L.S."
If Megan Sees Anyone
Megan approaches the person she sees and says "Hello? My name is Megan Price, and I'm looking for Jezebel Faux? Fixer Jones had recommended me to come here looking for a job as a member of G.I.R.L.S."
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

"Hey Alexander, is it OK if I call you Alex? I know you don't know me that well is why I ask? " Saffron leans in and sits down at the table to wait to see if Alex joins her. "
Alex sit down at the table and lets out a small giggle "Alex is just fine, but its Alexandra." she looks over at Saffron sticking her tongue out playfully, not really worried.

"So tell me about yourself, where town or city are you from?" Alex kinda tilts her head resting her head on her arms looking up at Saffron. Alexandra's ears perk at the radio after she asks Saffron,
"On my way to the Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern then! And it's Lieutenant Faux, not 'Commander Jezebel.' They teach you nothing about appellations and titles in crazy doctor school? GIRLS, we'll see you there! Last one in the doors has to buy a round for the whole place!"
"Sounds like they found a pretty good place to get some desert, think we should start heading on our way, that way? we can continue our conversation there" She stands up and pushes the chair back in "Hey Jez, Me and Saffron will meet you there"

No sooner then when she stands up she responding to the radio, she hears a knock at the hangar door followed by:
Megan knocks on the door (or rings a doorbell if one is present), calling out "Hello? I'm looking for a Jezebel Faux? Fixer Jones had recommended me to come here looking for a job as a member of G.I.R.L.S."
"Hey! come on in, doors on the side of the hangar or we'll meet you outside either is fine, we're about to go catch up with her at The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, you're welcome to tag along too"

Headed to The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern (137)
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack, Radio Ear
Current Effects, Other: Amplified Hearing
Alexandra wrote:No sooner then when she stands up she responding to the radio, she hears a knock at the hangar door followed by:
"Hey! come on in, doors on the side of the hangar or we'll meet you outside either is fine, we're about to go catch up with her at The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, you're welcome to tag along too"
"Really?" Megan asks, surprised that she's being invited to dinner before she's even met her new boss, much less joined the team. "And you're sure she won't mind?" The grumbling in Megan stomach made her sincerely hope that it would in fact be alright, but she didn't want to do anything that could get her rejected from joining, either. But even if she doesn't join them for dinner, she can at least meet with this Jezebel Faux and Kat Porter. "Well, don't let me stop you. I am ready to leave when you guys are."

Leaving for The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern
Saffron Reynolds

Saffron smiles ," Alex , I am from anywhere and everywhere all at the same time. So lets go to Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern to eat."

Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Alexandra climbs out of the came leaving the door open for both James and Cordelia, going back to her previous question to Cordelia, "so where did you want me to get your burger from, can head out and go grab it and bring it back for ya" she looks over at James asking if he's ok or wants anything as well while she's out. She looks back at the driver asking if they could wait a few mins while she helps Cordelia inside the hangar.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia vaguely remembers being helped into a cab. She got very drowsy and started to nod off. In her hazy daze she also forgot that she was still in the form of her leader Jezebel. Some one asked her some questions in the cab. She thinks about it in her head but is not sure if she she actually answered the question. Snooze. She comes too again at the hanger. ...SOOO tired... She is helped to the door of the hanger and inside the building. She trudges along clinging to her bag like her life depends on it. She makes her way into the bathroom to clean up.
First i pee myself then I barf everywhere great impression whats next
She strips down and starts a shower. The warm water feels good and sobering on her face. She feels the relaxation it brings. She falls asleep, naked, in the impersonation of Jezebel, in the shower.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Cordelia isn't sure how long she was asleep in the shower, long enough for the water to become luke-cold and daze her into reality as the sound of fitst on metal comes from the other side of the bathroom door and she hears James's voice. "Hey Cordelia! You gonna sleep in there or what? You out for the night, or did you want to hit One-Eyed Jacks with the others? Either way, shut that water off. Jez will throw a fit if you rack up the bill!"
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia wakes. The shower is cold. who was just in here? She stands and turns the water off. She cant remember how she got here. The alcoholic effects are gone. A headache remains. She drys off and fixes her appearance to her own natural self. I feel horrible, but i look pretty damn good now. She walks off to her room air drying naked as she goes.
She remembers vaguely as she goes what she did and that the girls sent to One Eyed Jacks. "OOOH I suck!" she shouts aloud to no one in particular. She gets dressed and debates if she should go out again. . show 'em you got this. She winces at her recollection of puking on Gaston. ooh he felt me up She retreats to her sweatpants and bed. Pretend it didnt happen. She pulls the cover over head and goes to sleep.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Cordelia is able to crawl into bed and pass out for some much needed sleep at around 8 o'clock. She hears her phone ringing a few hours later and haphazardly answers it hearing Jez's voice on the other side, telling her to get some sleep and something about a job, though her current level of attention is minimal. Cordelia grunts in acknowledgement before the phone shuts off and she falls back to sleep.

At around 11 o'clock, thirty minutes to an hour or so after the phone call, she hears a lot of commotion in the main room as it sounds like the others are returning from their night out earlier than expected.

Continue posting Here