Near Space

The Novoo is where people come from all around to get their hands on TGE products, contract shipping and warehousing interests, and dodge sanitation scows en route to clean up Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Near Space

Postby Augur » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:34 pm

The cold void of space is always waiting just beyond the secondary hull of Grymdin.

OOC Comments
This thread is for character use external to Grymdin proper.


Image

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 70

This idea is ballsy, but could end very well for us. Walking through the cargo airlock, Rosseyn awaits Cairo and his force disc to transport the two of them to Zed's ship. He keeps his senses active, feeling for any electronics honing in on their movements, a surefire sign that they've been detected in some capacity. Using the data about Zed's ship gleaned from Niall and Gilina, Nova helps guide the two of them (Nova and Fang) toward their destination. At some point, between the two ships, Rosseyn will set a gateway point in near space for the future deposit of one Zed.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Perception (+5 +3 in Space): 1d20+8 = 19
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 63

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm, Force Disc

Like a man-sized sliver of darkness, CJ steps into the farside airlock in the Eclipse alongside Nova wearing a sealed-up flight suit and a Shadow Cloak. The Pilot kills the internal lighting, so that their departure isn't backlit, and summons up a Force Disc to transport the both of them out into the void. As they launch out into Near-Space, Cairo will try to guide their flight to maximize stealth as they make their way between levels if the spacedock in and amongst the sleeping vessels.

Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 57
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1730; -15 minutes of breathable air
Environment: Zero-G vaccuum


Rosseyn suits up on the Eclipse into his A.D.F. armor while CJ dons a flight suit and seals it up for their EVA to the Compulsion. CJ kills the lighting inside the ship as they approach and then enter the airlock. As the airlock depressurizes after closing, all the pair can see is the inky black and gray of Grymdin's secondary hull and the occasional twinkling of lights along it and the along what appear to be outgrowths jutting from the sides of it.

When the airlock cycles open silently, they both look out into the peace of the void for a second. CJ then calls forth an energy disc and, under near zero-G conditions, launches himself atop the disc with ease. Rosseyn follows suit and then clasps CJ's shoulder to maintain his position on the disc. Rosseyn's electronic senses are, needless to say, alight with all the various sensors placed around the docking ring, presumably for the assistance of mooring craft to the gargantuan station.

CJ deftly avoids a repair drone en route at high velocity to some urgent call as he traverses the black between the various vessels docked along this ring. After about a mile of travel, CJ identifies the Compulsion from a distance of about a thousand feet and glides them in toward the vessel. At this point Rosseyn sets a gateway point in his mind, in the space just behind them. CJ is forced to make a declination in their approach due to an outbound shuttle's departure, but regains the elevation after some time has passed and the shuttle is free of their area. He then brings them in alongside the rust-brown hull of the Compulsion and does a slow, steady survey of the ship's exterior:

Image

What are your intentions?

GM Note: The craft is connected to Grymdin via its starboard side docking ring.
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:45 am

Eyeballing the Compulsion
It appears that there are round airlocks on either side, unless those are just a stylistic feature. I cannot tell if there are airlocks or other access points/ramp cargo door etc.

Perception (+5 +3 in Space): 1d20+8 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm, Force Disc

Cairo adeptly scans the Compulsion's exterior with a surveyor's eye, looking for maintenance ports, weapons systems, and other access spots. If there are any windows, he will initially avoid those, instead seeking to access an exterior maintenance port, or the Port-side Airlock since the ship is secured to Grymdin on the Starboard side. Once access is located, CJ will merge to the door-system and first lock any local sensors (door or other) to a reading that ignores their presence (i.e. this door is still closed), then kill lights in the Airlock itself before opening the door and in-merging to lead the way ahead of Nova, **As a black-void thing I should be pretty hard to target, and if I were to get hit I know I could take it far better than Nova.**

Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 57 -- sneak around
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [112% (+20% Linked NA)]: 1d100 = 70 -- Exterior Inspection (weapons/access points)
Cyberjacking [90% (+20% Linked =110%)]: 1d100 = 57 -- If needed to kill sensors.

Gliding through the doorway, a shadow-clad wraith from Space, CJ's senses are on high alert as he scans for traps/danger and moves through the airlock to looks over the interior of the ship, **I wish I dared to toss a cobalt grenade into his FTL Drive ... where is his FTL Drive? ... Is there anything in here that we could really use to fluff up the story of him being the Body-Snatcher? Maybe one of his EVA suits? Something that'll have his damn DNA. Oh. Maybe Brainiac will be willing to let his Trophy-Gun go? ... That's actually his, and was customized by Zed, and he even still has a matching weapon. That might be pretty damning ... **

APM: 9 (Space)
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 22 (Space)
Dodge [+18 (Space)]: 1d20+18 = 35, 1d20+18 = 38, 1d20+18 = 30

If, CJ sees a weapons or armor locker around, he'll seek to inspect it. Otherwise he just wants to try and figure out if anyone is actually onboard and/or get a feel from the ships layout (where the cockpit is).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 22

Nice flying, Cairo. Keeping us out of sight and making it look easier than walking. Holding on to his squadmates shoulder, Nova rides along on the flying force disc. So much tech out here. Obviously. Enough to make a man like me blind. Rosseyn keeps an eye out for an ideal place for the duo to infiltrate the Compulsion but trusts in his squadmates knowledge of his abilities to work on finding a solid location to merge with the ship to make an entrance.

Once they've found a location, Nova sticks behind Fang as they enter the ship, placing a body force field around himself while scoping out his surroundings. Once he's out of the airlock, he'll mentally note a gateway location for later. Now we've got you any time, frakker.


Skills
Prowl: 1d100 = 98/70% - for sneaking - FAIL
Pilot: Small Military Spacecraft: 1d100 = 36/95% - for pointing out access points - PASS
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1730; -30 minutes of breathable air
Environment: Zero-G vaccuum


Cairo is able to surmise after a thorough inspection that the port side airlock is the only means of access to the inside of the ship, and that any panels that might exist on the exterior of the ship must be quite well concealed if they exist. CJ attempts to merge to the airlock's access panel so as to disable any sensors or alarms. A red light springs to life above him which seems to emanate from a small lens in the panel. The red light quickly coalesces into a faceless, featureless, humanoid shape.
Image
Moments later, Cairo and Rosseyn both hear a voice come over their radios. "Now, that's very naughty of you. Don't you know better than to try and invade someone else's private property? Of course you do. This is why you've been trying very hard--I commend you on your diligence and effort--to not be noticed. Attempting to conceal one's actions demonstrates foreknowledge of said act as evil, or a crime. I'm not programmed with any sort of ethics matrix, but I'm quite cognizant of the legal code, such as it is, in this particular jurisdiction. Now then, you scamps run along, or I'll be forced to disintegrate you for trying to breach my hull." The playful and mischievous tone of the voice seems creepy given that it just threatened to annihilate the two Arismal.


What are your intentions?

GM Note: The craft is connected to Grymdin via its starboard side docking ring.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

Perception (+5 +3 in Space): 1d20+8 = 25
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 56

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring, Force Disc, Merged to Airlock Controls

Cloaked in darkness CJ chuckles internally at the holo-image, then points along the interior of the doorway for a moment at the Airlock Doorway as a possible location for Nova to use. **An AI of some sort eh? ... Good on you Zed. You've got some cash. I look forward to taking this thing off your hands, or blowing it's smug programming to high hell ... but if it's already on our radio, I don't want to say anything to Nova. Can't radio with him unless we want the AI listening in ... I'll assume he wants to continue up until he gives an abort order. No need to worry about sensors, it already knows we're here ... the Far-side of an airlock is not as good as inside, but if we set an Anchor here, then we can come back and try to breach through the portal pretty easily, and we would still have one of the things we wanted most, the ability to determine if Zed was around by trying to open the Portal to this Anchor-point.**

If that won't work, he merges to the Airlock controls to override and open it. He will dodge away from any apparent sources of attack/disintegration as appropriate. **Maybe I should try and wipe that thing's memories of us ... or install a sensor blindspot. That is, unless Nova just goes Energy-form and blasts our way in ...**

Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 69 -- sneak around
Cyberjacking [90% (+20% Linked =110%)]: 1d100 = 18 -- Merge to Door and open.

APM: 9 (Space)
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 17 (Space)
Dodge [+18 (Space)]: 1d20+18 = 25, 1d20+18 = 20, 1d20+18 = 23, 1d20+18 = 20, 1d20+18 = 28
Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 21
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 65

Frak. Security AI. Of course. Rosseyn motions for Cairo to kill it by slicing his hand across his throat. Disintegrate me? I'd like to see you try...

Keeping himself on guard, Rosseyn waits for either entry into the ship or for any sort of weaponry to be trained upon him.

If the former, he'll enter the ship with Cairo and immediately place a gateway marker in the airlock.

If the latter, he'll start off by blocking the attacks from the AI using a force field. Then, once he can discern where those attacks are coming from, he'll cover them in a force dome.

Zero-G Combat:
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 13
APM: 8
Actions 1-2: Block attack from AI with Force Field (300 SDC). Parry: 1d20+10 = 29
Actions 3-4: Cover offending weapon with Force Dome (300 SDC).
Actions 5-6: Cover offending weapon with Force Dome (300 SDC).
Actions 7-8: Cover offending weapon with Force Dome (300 SDC).

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+4 = 161d20+4 = 121d20+4 = 111d20+4 = 201d20+4 = 61d20+4 = 18
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1730.25; -30 minutes of breathable air
Environment: Zero-G vaccuum


Image

CJ finds himself unable to merge to the airlock controls. His finger tendrils are repulsed by some resistant force he's never yet run across. "Are you deaf as well as sun-blind, Arismal? Or have you never met an artificial intelligence before? I AM the Compulsion." The red, holographic image wags a finger directly in Cairo's face. The voice in his helmet continues. "I can perform 1.75 quadrillion operations a second. Do you really think you can simply overpower me with your organic chicanery? You offend me with your arrogance, but I am in a good mood, so I will demonstrate to you that I am being true to my word." Rosseyn and Cairo both sense motion from their peripheral vision and catch sight as a blister, virtually indistinguishable from the curvature of the hull, opens up aft of their position to reveal the AI's honesty.

Image

The AI allows a moment for the two Arismal to get a good look at the turret. "There is more where that came from, you know. Oh, and I alerted Zed to your presence about five minutes prior to your attempt at criminal trespass. In case your feeble, organic senses cannot distinguish the differences, that's a linked assembly of ion, particle, and laser beam weapons, with a linked rail gun for good measure. If I were you, I'd take my chances evading Zed. I'm simply beyond your means. This has been amusing, but it is now time to make your choice...meatbags." Rosseyn is keenly aware of an array highly sophisticated targeting and tracking sensors along the hull of the ship suddenly come to active life. He surmises that they must have either been inactive or in a passive mode previously to escape his notice.

GM Notes:
This is the point at which you either engage the Compulsion's AI in combat, or escape.
Rosseyn has a +4 bonus to initiative vs. AIs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:59 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 9

Frak. We'll have to see about disabling this AI some other time. Nova marks an additional gateway in the doorway where he's waiting with Fang. He waves for the other man to retreat and hops on his flying disc to back away from the Compulsion. Once they've gotten far away enough, Nova will open a gateway to the Bikirei-Ngui Arcology in the N'Dane Residential Community and the have the two of them step through. Once that is completed, he'll close that gateway and open a new one to Fashion Avenue repeating the process to Social Street and ending at the Hotel.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Perception (+5 +3 in Space): 1d20+8 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 54

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring, Force Disc, Merged to Airlock Controls

Cairo uses his Supervision: Spectrum Vision as he almost comically rotates 360° in a vertical manner as he inspects the Door Mechanism and its sudden resistant force, **Very interesting. What is this? Some kind of pinpoint forcefield system? ... the way this thing talks it might be pure Ego hehehe ... Oh Brainiac is not going to love hearing about how quickly and seamlessly this thing cracked and spliced his encryption open ... I haven't met an automatic targeting system that could keep up with me yet Compulsion, and I kind of doubt that you are it, but ... it looks like Nova is not interested in going 2 on 1 against you at the moment ...** The Pilot's reverie is interrupted as Nova signals time to leave and his shadowed form stops at ~115° angle to blow an exaggerated kiss at the Compulsion's projected form.

He then glides off into the void with Nova, zig-zagging a couple miles through space traffic. Stepping through the portal that Nova whistles up, he finds himself in the Bikirei-Ngui Arcology in the N'Dane Residential Community and drops his Shadow cloak, then pulls off his helmet and pulls its batteries, "No transmissions right? Sammy's spines going to crawl when he hears about his encryption getting hacked .... but no transmissions until everyone gets a new set of protocols installed, right?"

APM: 9 (Space)
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 17 (Space)
Dodge [+18 (Space)]: 1d20+18 = 32, 1d20+18 = 22, 1d20+18 = 30, 1d20+18 = 19
Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 25
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:36 pm

(Rolls held over)

Cairo wrote:"No transmissions right? Sammy's spines going to crawl when he hears about his encryption getting hacked .... but no transmissions until everyone gets a new set of protocols installed, right?"


Nova pulls his helmet off when Fang does. "He's going to be pissed. But he'll have something to do and a damn good reason to do it. Let's get back and let them know that we stirred the Prorx's nest. And just like the real thing, you know this one's gonna sting us when we least expect it."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 pm

The red holographic figure waves a hand in a mocking farewell. In an oddly accented Pilian it taunts them via their comms as they depart, "Y'all come back now, ya here?!" This is followed by an eerie bit of cackling laughter which cuts off when they jump through Rosseyn's gateway.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2215
Location: Inside the starship Eclipse, lower deck


Image

In a matter of minutes, the two assembled parties collect their belongings, grab take-out, cool down the mood of their meeting a bit, and relocate via gateway to the cargo deck of the Eclipse. once everyone is settled in, Rosseyn inquires of his teammates, "Fill me in. What's the sitrep?" Via text message, Cairo and Niall both offer him their own confused takes on the situation. (See previous posts.)

Wanda takes control of the situation once everyone is settled. "In the interests of transparency and good will, let's all be seated in a circle facing one another. Right here." She makes a point of being the first one to sit down on the deck herself, her back to the airlock. "You," she looks at Niall and smiles, "said that you don't understand my interest in the Arismal, and asked if it is official or personal." She pans her eyes around those gathered until they take a seat, then continues. "It's official. I am a diplomat. I am the FAR diplomatic envoy to Arismal. Rolyn here is my attaché, meaning he's my co-worker of sorts, is responsible for our security, and often acts as an intermediary on my behalf." She clears her throat, then requests something to drink. "It could very well be a long conversation for us all, and I have a story to tell as you're no doubt skeptical and curious." Once she's so equipped, she takes a sip then continues. "We were on Salva attending a diplomatic conference on forty-nine standard days ago, the day the Arismal homeworld was destroyed. Not receiving word of Arismal's destruction until two days later, we were en route to Arismal from Salva when word reached us via an encrypted FAR diplomatic message. Being a seasoned security specialist, Rolyn insisted we not finish our journey as the nature of Arismal's destruction was unknown. We went to ground to wait for signs of survivors. When a group of Arismal civilians were discovered on a cruise-liner some days later, we nearly made contact. However, the civilians themselves quickly and mysteriously dropped from public scrutiny, and so we went even deeper underground. Eventually making our way to Grymdin under false identities, we have been holed up waiting for just such a chance as fell in our lap when you," she points to Cairo, "a relative of Rolyn's no less, made an unexpected appearance in the Grymdin media circus following your win at the Bloodsport Arena."

Rolyn nods along as appropriate during her speech after some initial, guarded reluctance. He regards the others from his own seat to her left. "Sorry about the reception I gave you, mates. We've had a number of dicey moments on Grymdin, and it's had me on edge."

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 53
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 38

CJ drops casually to take a seat on a crate and begins rummaging through the bags of food for something that smells good which he sets to the side on his crate, then passes food around for others.

The Pilot does not interrupt the telling of their tale, but turns to look directly at Rolyn afterwards, "Ok so you were off world on a diplomatic mission and attended a conference of some kind. Now comes a loaded question.
Were you attending alone?"
The unspoken part being an inquiry whether Rolly's wife and kid were with him, stashed away somewhere.

He takes a drink then asks a bit more, "Why go to ground here at all? Why not go back to her homeworld? What were you bringing back to Arismal? Where's your transportation?"



Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 168/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Niall » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:14 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 85

JIC 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 31

Niall also takes a seat on the deck when Wanda begins talking. I know she's an alien... but... Niall stops himself abruptly. No! Get your head in the game! He listens to her story with great interest.

"What was FAR's interest in the Arismal... and how has that changed?" Or HAS it changed? "Obviously, The Arismal have different priorities now than we did 50 days ago. So, let's boil it down: What does the FAR offer, and what do they want? And what assurances can they give that they'll not just take what they want and hand us to the brushheads?"

Niall sighs. "Sorry to be so blunt. We're on a knife's edge, as I'm sure you understand."

Rolyn wrote:"Sorry about the reception I gave you, mates. We've had a number of dicey moments on Grymdin, and it's had me on edge."


Niall nods. "I'm sure we'll laugh about it over a beer someday."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:11 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2220
Location: Inside the starship Eclipse, lower deck


Cairo looks at Rolyn, "Ok so you were off world on a diplomatic mission and attended a conference of some kind. Now comes a loaded question. Were you attending alone?"

Rolyn drops his eyes and simply nods.

Cairo takes a drink then asks a bit more, "Why go to ground here at all? Why not go back to her homeworld? What were you bringing back to Arismal? Where's your transportation?"

Rolyn inspects the soles of his worn boots. Wanda speaks up. "Grymdin is a politically neutral entity, allied with none, and mobile, so was more practical, not to mention closer and safer, than Plesus Euphia. My homeworld has no bearing on the matter and is quite distant. I know the Arismal aren't that well explored, but suffice it to say that it's a big galaxy, and not all 'safe harbors' are equal...and not all are safe." She looks at Cairo for a moment with an almost blank expression. "I'm a diplomat, not the captain of a cargo ship. I am what gets transported, and FAR diplomats typically use commercial or ad hoc transport so as to maintain a low profile when such is preferable. If I recall correctly, we made the transit from Salva to Grymdin via TGE commercial transport, though it could have been a TGE sub-contractor. I didn't get a good look at the exterior of the ship, did you, Rolyn?"

Rolyn answers without looking up from his boots. "TGE Roundabout Class cargo ship; captain and five crewman; three passengers, all Swips: two investment brokers and a commodities trader."

Niall inquires, "What was FAR's interest in the Arismal...and how has that changed? Obviously, the Arismal have different priorities now than we did 50 days ago. So, let's boil it down: what does the FAR offer, and what do they want? And what assurances can they give that they'll not just take what they want and hand us to the brushheads? Sorry to be so blunt. We're on a knife's edge, as I'm sure you understand."

Wanda answers Niall's query in a matter-of-fact tone. "FAR's interest was the same as any other emerging political entity: peaceful coexistence, trade, and mutual support. That's been the same for the most part of the last two decades so far as I can tell. A people's emergence onto the galactic stage is something which happens somewhat regularly, but typically such people are not so well developed technologically when they emerge from the great void. The FAR is not equivalent to the Fehran peoples. The FAR does not just take what it wants. It's not an Empire, it's a federation of allies, but I do understand your concern. My concern, at least at this stage, is re-establishing diplomatic contact, determining what happened, and establishing a line of communication if so desired." She looks around at everyone present for a moment. "What happened to the Arismal civilians that were in the media? They simply vanished from the public eye in rather short order which is odd even for the minute attention span of the various galactic media outlets."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 41
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 51

Cairo winces internally as the fragile thread of hope that had tentatively sprung for his cousin snapped, He was alone at the conference, so there's no one to go home to. He drapes a conciliatory arm across Rolly's shoulders (or hand on 1 shoulder, as appropriate) and lets out a sigh, "I'm sorry."

He listens to the rest of Wanda's spiel responding to Niall but still harbors some lingering concern, Why didn't they go to the Ambassadorial Center here on Grymdin to hole up? Shouldn't there be a FAR Suite, or Embassy or something? Grymdin's a member of the FAR. Then who, or what, has been hassling them here on Grymdin?

"So, Ok. You arrived on a cargo ship, was it just the two of you? How long ago was that? What kind of trouble or close calls is Rolyn talking about? You were what, essentially on your way back to Arismal with like a Welcome-Packet or an Application or something? What's in that? Why would anyone care if the Arismal ever got one?"


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 168/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Cairo wrote:"So, Ok. You arrived on a cargo ship, was it just the two of you? How long ago was that? What kind of trouble or close calls is Rolyn talking about? You were what, essentially on your way back to Arismal with like a Welcome-Packet or an Application or something? What's in that? Why would anyone care if the Arismal ever got one?"

Cairo's rapid-fire barrage of a half dozen questions, half of which were premised on assumptions following previous questions, takes Wanda aback. She gives him a no-nonsense, the teacher is displeased with your shenanigans, young man look, and holds up one slender hand. She extends one finger. "Yes." Another finger. "The less than scrupulous side of my profession: espionage agents, spies, and assassins--a persistent concern in my line of work--all of which are well known to operate on unaffiliated Grymdin." Yet another finger. "No. Arismal and the FAR have no official relationship. The Arismal homeworld is--was--far beyond the borders of the Federation. The last time FAR envoys were sent to meet with the Arismal was something like twenty years ago to observe some sort of 'revolutionary interstellar drive technology' or some such. Apparently the FAR representatives were unimpressed or something, because I was the next FAR diplomat sent. Communications ahead of time resulted in Rolyn here being assigned and delivered to me by the Arismal Planetary Council." She extends her last finger, turns her hand over, palm up, then expresses in Pilian the trade language's equivalent of quid pro quo. Clearly, she's signalling that it's the group's turn to introduce themselves and their intentions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 am

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 41
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 51


Cairo rolls his eyes at the patronizing woman and opts to tuck into his dinner rather than further engage, Apparently every hot gal on every world thinks its her prerogative to randomly pick and choose what information to dole out in the most infuriatingly slow way possible. Col. Barron back at the academy would have someone with that attitude nose deep in a frakking latrine in short order. 'The less than scrupulous side of my profession operate on unaffiliated Grymdin' she says, pfffft. It's a former prison planetoid run by the descendants of convicts, pirates, and other criminals, what the frak does she expect? Basically she's afraid to get her hands dirty, is that it? Bounty hunting and off-world murder contracting are entirely legal here. But she makes no mention of specifically being hunted by Atorians or their agents, not that they would necessarily proclaim their allegiances up front.

After others have given whatever introduction they are going to, CJ having reached a new decision turns to Rolyn quietly and directly, "Where we came from there are Arismal, but people are starving to death. I think you at least should come back with us, but if you want to stay somewhere you can get a meal, well this may be the last you ever see of another Arismal. At least this time it will be a decision you get to make." I'm not going to knock him out and bring his ass back. Not so that he can starve. And if Nova and the others get twisted over it, well that's too bad. He can live out his days with some random alien gal, unable to make contact with us but unable to give any info up about the Fleet. I better get him something a bit heavier than that stupid pistol if that is his only piece of hardware though, and I think my armor will fit him.

If Rolyn (or Rolyn and Wanda) indicate an interest in going to the Fleet (under whatever parameters Nova lays out) CJ checks a couple more things, "Where are you staying? How much space do you need for your gear? What kind of funds do you guys have available? Because if we are bringing back extra mouths, we are angling to bring back as much extra food as possible. If you have a pouch of diplomatic funds or a line of credit or whatever, now's the time to dip into it."


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 168/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350[/quote]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 60

Rosseyn sits and listens as information is being tossed around regarding Cairo's cousin and his job as attache for this Klikitan woman. Damn, she is a good looking specimen. Shit, might bring her back to the fleet just for that type of data. Rosseyn moves his eyes back up to hers, listening carefully to the situation. "Rolyn, Wanda. Welcome aboard the Eclipse. My apologies for the terseness of my crewmates. We're just fighting for the survival of our species and have had a really bad couple of months. If you wouldn't mind a quick scan, I need to be sure we aren't being recorded or otherwise traced." Rosseyn extends his Mechanical Awareness to specifically focus on the two newcomers to the ship. He feels if anything is trained on him, or if there is any sort of recording happening. Once that's completed, he goes back to his seat and makes a statement. "It is clear to me that you should come back to the fleet with us. The FAR may be the key to the Arismal ending our survival hiding pattern that we've taken on so recently. If we can ally ourselves with a group of strong races, we increase our chances of survival greatly. Besides, there are plenty of questions I have for both you Rolyn and you Miss Coxand about your time out on the job. Questions better asked over a cup of something hot. Do the two of you need to gather any items before we depart? Our business on this rock is done."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Halko » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 92

Halko sits as directed by Ms. Coxand, as he does so, he tucks his stun baton so its doesn't scrape across the deck of the cargo bay. Looking over at Wanda, Halko can only think of the kiss he received from Jezebel before the failed coup. He grins stupidly at the memory as he listens along. The grin fades when he hears that Rolyn's family was on Arismal. His composure to remain silent and let the officers do the talking slips a little as he blurts out, "The Atorians slammed FTL ships into Arismal!"

Halko looks around a little sheepishly, then his gaze settles on Rolyn, "I am sorry. But you aren't alone." His eyes flicker over to Nova for a moment and before he's told to stop he says, "We've been busy since the event, though its not really our place to hand out intel, and definitely not mine. Come with us and the people with a higher pay rate than ours will likely answer your questions. Though, be ready for a lovely stay in quarantine." he ends sarcastically.

When Nova says that their work on Grymdin is done, Halko's smile comes back and he says, "It'll be nice to get back with good news and supplies and not a mess of broken gear and a damaged ship. Let me know what I need to do to get everything stowed and ready for transport."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Near Space

Postby Niall » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 29

JIC 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 58

Wanda wrote:"FAR's interest was the same as any other emerging political entity: peaceful coexistence, trade, and mutual support. That's been the same for the most part of the last two decades so far as I can tell. A people's emergence onto the galactic stage is something which happens somewhat regularly, but typically such people are not so well developed technologically when they emerge from the great void. The FAR is not equivalent to the Fehran peoples. The FAR does not just take what it wants. It's not an Empire, it's a federation of allies, but I do understand your concern. My concern, at least at this stage, is re-establishing diplomatic contact, determining what happened, and establishing a line of communication if so desired."


"The Fehran peoples"? That's a lot of respect accorded to a bunch of murdering aliens.

Wanda wrote:"The last time FAR envoys were sent to meet with the Arismal was something like twenty years ago to observe some sort of 'revolutionary interstellar drive technology' or some such. Apparently the FAR representatives were unimpressed or something, because I was the next FAR diplomat sent. Communications ahead of time resulted in Rolyn here being assigned and delivered to me by the Arismal Planetary Council."


Well, that answers that. They're interested in our tech, and little else. Same as the brushheads.

Niall listens with amusement to Cairo's barrage of questions. This is not an interrogation, CJ. Nova breaks the Q&A cycle.

Nova wrote:"Rolyn, Wanda. Welcome aboard the Eclipse. My apologies for the terseness of my crewmates. We're just fighting for the survival of our species and have had a really bad couple of months. If you wouldn't mind a quick scan, I need to be sure we aren't being recorded or otherwise traced. It is clear to me that you should come back to the fleet with us. The FAR may be the key to the Arismal ending our survival hiding pattern that we've taken on so recently. If we can ally ourselves with a group of strong races, we increase our chances of survival greatly. Besides, there are plenty of questions I have for both you Rolyn and you Miss Coxand about your time out on the job. Questions better asked over a cup of something hot. Do the two of you need to gather any items before we depart? Our business on this rock is done."


Halko wrote: "The Atorians slammed FTL ships into Arismal!"


Aaaand... there. Now they know everything. They know what happened, and that we know where the fleet is, and who knows what else. This is going just swimmingly. Niall sighs. Good thing we're not spooks. We'd all be fired.

He turns to Rolyn. "We're going to the only home we have left. Welcome aboard." He looks at Cairo. At least you have somebody left.

Turning to Wanda, he adds. "I'm not in charge, obviously... but I hope your FAR has better intentions than the so-called 'Fehran peoples'. We don't need a bunch of 'peoples' grasping for our tech while we're just trying to survive."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 41
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 51


Halko wrote:His composure to remain silent and let the officers do the talking slips a little as he blurts out, "The Atorians slammed FTL ships into Arismal!"


CJ visibly squints and rubs one palm into his closed eye with one hand while nearly biting into his own lip, Uggggh Halko ... I may not have the most artful questioning manner, and I might not have gotten much, but I was trying pretty hard not to give away anything that might be sensitive, or maybe even classified. Shoot, up until now they could probably have just walked without having gained much. Now I don't know if we can let her leave. Way to kick a Prorx's nest big guy. The Pilot lets a held breath escape as he looks around the cargo hold wordlessly and then walks over to find himself a drink out of a need to busy himself somehow.

"You guys see anything interesting while you have been here? Or have anything you need before we lock in for a long journey? While we are on a commercial center, now would be our best bet." Standing there, drink in hand, CJ merges to his communicator and finds Rolyn's prior message to begin drafting (but does not send a reply):

UNSENT wrote:Big Red is correct. I was being held by pirate slaver's bound for this little piece of paradise at the time, and only broke free a couple weeks ago. But before that, a mission into the cause of destruction of our home confirmed its source. So, whether you decide to come or not, that particular Group should be regarded with extreme caution. They are collecting those not slaughtered, apparently for brainwashing and experimentation. Wanted you to have the info ...


Cairo's digital finger hovers over a figurative 'send' button as he pauses, conflicted.

Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 168/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2230
Location: Inside the starship Eclipse, lower deck


Rosseyn makes a quick introduction. "Rolyn, Wanda. Welcome aboard the Eclipse. My apologies for the terseness of my crewmates. We're just fighting for the survival of our species and have had a really bad couple of months. If you wouldn't mind a quick scan, I need to be sure we aren't being recorded or otherwise traced." Rolyn tenses up, but Wanda just nods and takes the scan in stride. Rosseyn's senses do not indicate they're being monitored, but they do make him aware that the gloves the woman is wearing include a high-tech electronic component.

Cairo addresses Rolyn. "Where we came from there are Arismal, but people are starving to death. I think you at least should come back with us, but if you want to stay somewhere you can get a meal, well this may be the last you ever see of another Arismal. At least this time it will be a decision you get to make."

Rolyn sighs, but keeps his eyes on Rosseyn as he replies to his cousin. "That'd be great...I think, but I'm duty-bound to my charge. If she goes, I'll certainly follow. What can you tell us of the security status of your...colony? Ship? Whatever. I just need to know that Ms. Coxand will be safe."

Halko blurts out, "The Atorians slammed FTL ships into Arismal!" Halko looks around a little sheepishly, then his gaze settles on Rolyn, "I am sorry, but you aren't alone." he hastily adds, "We've been busy since the event, though its not really our place to hand out intel, and definitely not mine. Come with us and the people with a higher pay rate than ours will likely answer your questions. Though, be ready for a lovely stay in quarantine."

Wanda's jaw drops at the news. Rolyn's eyes glaze over and his eyes, once locked on Nova, seem to disconnect from any point of reference. He's not wearing a thousand yard stare; his gaze is light-years distant. Wanda bursts out in incredulous response, "They did WHAT?!"

Niall turns to Rolyn. "We're going to the only home we have left. Welcome aboard."

Rolyn is totally unresponsive, but the pallor of his face begins to flush a deep rouge. Wanda is his antithesis. She is extremely agitated and animated. "The Atorian Empire hasn't done anything on that scale since 1183 I.R.! And before that..." She goes silent for a brief, heavy moment. "And before that, not since the beginning of their fifth wave of expansion."

Rosseyn continues, "It is clear to me that you should come back to the fleet with us. The FAR may be the key to the Arismal ending our survival hiding pattern that we've taken on so recently. If we can ally ourselves with a group of strong races, we increase our chances of survival greatly. Besides, there are plenty of questions I have for both you, Rolyn, and you Miss Coxand about your time out on the job. Questions better asked over a cup of something hot. Do the two of you need to gather any items before we depart? Our business on this rock is done."

Wanda looks at Rolyn. He's unresponsive. She slaps the side of his leg. His attention snaps to her like a taut whipcord. "Do we have anything absolutely necessary to bring with us? I have everything I need on my person." Rolyn shakes his head once in the negative. Wanda looks to Rosseyn. "No. We're ready to go."

Halko smiles and responds, "It'll be nice to get back with good news and supplies and not a mess of broken gear and a damaged ship. Let me know what I need to do to get everything stowed and ready for transport."

Turning to Wanda, Niall adds. "I'm not in charge, obviously, but I hope your FAR has better intentions than the so-called 'Fehran peoples'. We don't need a bunch of 'peoples' grasping for our tech while we're just trying to survive."

Wanda replies matter-of-factly. "Based on their previous assessment, I don't think FAR has any such interest whatsoever, but that's just conjecture on my part."

Cairo says, "Where are you staying? How much space do you need for your gear? What kind of funds do you guys have available? Because if we are bringing back extra mouths, we are angling to bring back as much extra food as possible. If you have a pouch of diplomatic funds or a line of credit or whatever, now's the time to dip into it. You guys see anything interesting while you have been here? Or have anything you need before we lock in for a long journey? While we are on a commercial center, now would be our best bet."

Cairo's questions being largely redundant and already answered, Wanda simply shakes her head. "I have limited funds and they're ear-marked for specific expenses. We'll not be a burden." She looks again to Rosseyn.

"We're ready to leave when you are."

Last chance round. Next GM post will see a big transition post.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:52 pm

OOC: When Augur hopped-back in to add this Contact, he set the timeline as still being same date as the Arena Fight. This messed timelines up a bit as CC had previously set things for Fast Track and moved us ahead a couple days (which would let us leave essentially immediately, provided that shopping had been completed). For sake of expediency, I am assuming that at minimum, shopping for transport pods and short term rations is completed, if not, CJ will leave via and go do the shopping now so we can leave in the next GM post, but by then several days would still have been needed so the Jump Drive could charge.

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 22 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 67

With it now established that Wanda and Rolly are coming, CJ --clears-- his unsent message and belatedly answers Rolyn's inquiry, "Since slavers and space pirates are hunting down Arismal to sell as slaves to the Atorians or whoever else wants to pull genetic code, and the Atorians also have people hunting Arismal on Grymdin, yes where we are going is safer. Especially if that pistol is the best you have." He then glances over to Nova, "Before we launch, please test that portal to the Compulsion. We may not be able to get in, but given your distance capabilities, having that will let us consistently check if he's in range. We already know that thing is better armed than this bird, so being able to track it may important. Once we collect the gear and guns stowed at the Hotel, we should be good to go, unless Sammy wants to try and go viral on our Reptilian friend and hack docking clamps to slow him down, or run up a truly massive bar tab in his name, something that could cause him delay?"

He then motions at Niall or Halko to suggest, "Other than that, someone should make sure the patrol-droid doesn't shoot our new additions."

======

Whenever all gear has been confirmed stowed aboard, Cairo moves up to the cockpit and takes his seat casually merging to the pilot's console so he can plug in whatever he needs for a smooth departure. Under his guidance the Eclipse (now actually part of him) moves with much of his own deft grace, "Welcome aboard and thank you for choosing Absolute Zero Space-Tours for your travelling needs. Next stop, well sh^t, I'm not sure. Second star on the left and straight on till morning?"

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [112% +20% w/ Link=132%]: 1d100 = 71
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Niall » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 65

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 93

Cairo wrote: "Before we launch, please test that portal to the Compulsion. We may not be able to get in, but given your distance capabilities, having that will let us consistently check if he's in range. We already know that thing is better armed than this bird, so being able to track it may important. Once we collect the gear and guns stowed at the Hotel, we should be good to go, unless Sammy wants to try and go viral on our Reptilian friend and hack docking clamps to slow him down, or run up a truly massive bar tab in his name, something that could cause him delay? Other than that, someone should make sure the patrol-droid doesn't shoot our new additions."


Niall nods. "That'd be inhospitable." He's certainly firing off a lot of orders for someone who isn't in command... Niall shakes his head. Typical 'butter bar' behavior.

Computer Programming ☞ 75% 1d100 = 87 (add Wanda and Rolyn to Sentry Robot's IFF so it doesn't target them - FAIL)
Computer Programming ☞ 75% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCESS)

Following that, Niall will assist with pre-flight checklist as needed, including properly stowing new purchases in the cargo hold and helping Jill to run pre-flight on the engines.

OOC Comments
Not sure how much/what Jill is doing in this regard


Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 94% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 94% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 85% 1d100 = 61 (SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 75% 1d100 = 68 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 85% 1d100 = 11 (SUCCESS)
Computer Operation ☞ 95% 1d100 = 87 (SUCCESS)
Spacecraft Mechanics: Metallic Hydrogen and Jump drives ☞ 65% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Near Space

Postby Ryden » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 13
Computer Operation 108%/1d100 = 6 - Make disc image backups of Wanda's Tablet/computer PASS!
Computer Operation 108%/1d100 = 45 - Make disc image backups of Wanda's Communicator PASS!
Computer Operation 108%/1d100 = 100 - Make disc image backups of Rolyn's Visor Crit Fail!
Computer Operation 108%/1d100 = 39 - Make disc image backups of Communicator/tablet, etc PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 14 - To scan for any software surprises on their gear, remove or neutralize them if found; Also optimize Wanda's Tablet/computer PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 76 - To scan for any software surprises on their gear, remove or neutralize them if found; Also optimize Wanda's Communicator PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 36 - To scan for any software surprises on their gear, remove or neutralize them if found; Also optimize Rolyn's Visor PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 59 - To scan for any software surprises on their gear, remove or neutralize them if found; Also optimize Rolyn's Communicator/tablet, etc PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 73 - To find any sophisticated bugs, remove or neutralize them if found on Wanda's Tablet/computer PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 49 - To find any sophisticated bugs, remove or neutralize them if found on Wanda's Communicator PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 34 - To find any sophisticated bugs, remove or neutralize them if found on Rolyn's Visor PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 96 - To find any sophisticated bugs, remove or neutralize them if found on Rolyn's Communicator/tablet, etc Crit Fail!
Computer Repair 58%/1d100 = 56 - To repair (if needed) and optimize Wanda's Tablet/computer PASS!
Computer Repair 58%/1d100 = 96 - To repair (if needed) and optimize Wanda's Communicator Crit Fail!
Computer Repair 58%/1d100 = 60 - To repair (if needed) and optimize Rolyn's Visor Fail!
Computer Repair 58%/1d100 = 61 - To repair (if needed) and optimize Rolyn's Communicator/tablet, etc Fail!

Other than a quick introduction of his alias first name, Ryden doesn't say much, but he records everything; from every perspective he has access to.

Wanda wrote:Rolyn is totally unresponsive, but the pallor of his face begins to flush a deep rouge. Wanda is his antithesis. She is extremely agitated and animated. "The Atorian Empire hasn't done anything on that scale since 1183 I.R.! And before that..." She goes silent for a brief, heavy moment. "And before that, not since the beginning of their fifth wave of expansion."

"Actually command is fairly sure why we got hit, and it has to do with the FAR. Or they should be, if they read my reports. Us joining would have tipped the balance according to their calculus. Still could. Our jump drive technology scares the hell out of the Empire. In fact it's the one reason we're still in one very loosely held together piece. Doesn't help we and other teams have tweaked their noses a time or two, including some pretty hugely embarrassing hits. Got our own pet bounty hunter looking for us. The gifts the bitch queens give us right?"

"Alright, hand over all your electronics and let me do my thing. Rolyn, I'll need your visor too." After he's done, he syncs Rolyn to their communication network.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Halko » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 74
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 45

Sensory Equipment 75%=1d100 = 37
Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 7

Halko looks a little sheepish after spilling some of the beans, causing Rolyn go catatonic for a bit and Wanda to start spewing information. He looks around at all the officers. Well frak! I'm guessing even with my new powers bumping me up to a tier 1 status, that outburst isn't going to get me a promotion to LT. He shrugs a little to himself, then turns and nods to Cairo, "I'll modify the IFF on the bot to recognize out new passengers." He stands and wanders off to do just that. When he's done he starts gathering up his things and goes around the cargo hold making sure everything is lashed down properly.

When all is said and done and the team is ready to debark Grymdin, Halko squeezes through the crowded ship and heads for the gunnery station. If he passes Rolyn on the way, he says, "If you're qualified for gunnery, or not, come on. You can take an extra seat and get a better view than you will just being strapped into a galley seat."

Once in gunnery, Halko slides into his seat and buckles up. Then he ques up the comms and reports in, "This is Backlash in gunnery. Strapped in and ready to go. If someone wants to pipe a visual to my station of Zed's ship, I'll keep eyes on while we disembark."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Near Space

Postby Ryden » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:14 pm

(rolls held)
"I'm all for getting us on the road, but we should probably check out and exit the station proper before actually blasting off. The Ambo and Rolyn can stay, but the rest of us have a cover to maintain. We can ensure we have everything packed and then go through all of that. No need revealing Nova's power to station authorities." He hands back the electronics to the newcomers. "Crash and Soria can stay here and get the ship ready on low power. Basically do everything but actually power us up for departure. Then when we get close, they Nova can portal them to us and away we go."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 62

Rosseyn looks over at Halko when he blurts out the big secret and then back to their guests. I suppose the quick and dirty truth's easier than all the tiptoeing we were doing. Still, that kinda behavior won't do. I'll bring it up during the flight. Now's not the time. Once the guests have had time for the news to set in and their reactions to occur, Rosseyn speaks up. "Vanko. Make sure we have everything we need on board. All the materials we purchased, all of our property. Do a triple check. Noran, get the ship ready to leave. Pre-flight check should be spotless. I don't want any problems when we're out of atmo. Samil, get all of your data in order. We have a lot to discuss when we get back. Everyone else, get yourself ready to leave."

Cairo wrote:"Before we launch, please test that portal to the Compulsion. We may not be able to get in, but given your distance capabilities, having that will let us consistently check if he's in range.


"My power doesn't work like that. It's tied to the physical space on the planet or in this case, asteroid we're on. I can see if he's left, but I can't track his ship. The last few times we've tussled with him, we've almost died. Let's just get the hell out of here while we still can."

Ryden wrote:"I'm all for getting us on the road, but we should probably check out and exit the station proper before actually blasting off."

"Good call. Just disappearing wouldn't look good for us in any potential future visits."


Unnecessary Roll
1d20+3 = 11
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Cairo » Tue May 01, 2018 7:41 am

Rolls Carried wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 22 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 67

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [112% +20% w/ Link=132%]: Original post: 1d100 = 71


Rosseyn wrote:"... Vanko. Make sure we have everything we need on board. All the materials we purchased, all of our property. Do a triple check. Noran, get the ship ready to leave. Pre-flight check should be spotless. I don't want any problems when we're out of atmo. Samil, get all of your data in order. We have a lot to discuss when we get back. Everyone else, get yourself ready to leave."


We're not in atmosphere, we're docked to a station, but sure.

Cairo wrote:"My power doesn't work like that. It's tied to the physical space on the planet or in this case, asteroid we're on. I can see if he's left, but I can't track his ship. The last few times we've tussled with him, we've almost died. Let's just get the hell out of here while we still can ... Good call. Just disappearing wouldn't look good for us in any potential future visits."


Well that sounds wrong, otherwise he could not have popped around the Dauntless like he did during the Coup . Seeing if Zed was still there or had left and was outside range was the point. I didn't suggest a boarding action. I never thought you could track him, Gods that would be handy. This was to see if once we disengage we'll end up under fire. Not that Zed should have any idea what ship we're on. He apparently knows we're on Grymdin, and that we have identified his ship. But whatever, if Mr. Fearless does not want to, he must have his reasons. I suppose a second suggestion of a hull check for tracers and transmitters will get the same brush-off. We don't have an AI who has been actively monitoring our exterior though, so probably best if I triple check what I can on my own.. Summoning up a small hover-disc, Cairo steps aboard and floats towards the ladder to the upper deck, “Disappearing mysteriously can probably only help our alternate persona’s reputations in a place like Grymdin actually.”

CJ heads up to the cockpit to shrugs and moves off to see if he can figure out the distance from Chandrakhant to Grymdin so he can try and extrapolate the speed that the Compulsion must be able to produce in order to get here in the time between their 2 encounters. When Cairo fails utterly at that, he then checks the sensors as best he can for anything out of the ordinary.

Navigation [125%]: 1d100 = 99 -- basically unable to find out where he is. Might not be able to find the bathroom.
Read Sensory Equipment [95%+25% linked=120%]: 1d100 = 49

OOC: Augur please address the Zo'wor Ring from here before we leave Grymdin. It's probably done since the shopping was completed. Just want to figure out if he still has the Ring and if anything else is disclosed.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Near Space

Postby Augur » Wed May 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2245
Location: Inside the starship Eclipse, lower deck

Cairo adds to the conversation. "Since slavers and space pirates are hunting down Arismal to sell as slaves to the Atorians or whoever else wants to pull genetic code, and the Atorians also have people hunting Arismal on Grymdin, yes where we are going is safer. Especially if that pistol is the best you have." Rolyn and Wanda simply nod in unison.

Ryden chimes in as well. "Actually command is fairly sure why we got hit, and it has to do with the FAR. Or they should be, if they read my reports. Us joining would have tipped the balance according to their calculus. Still could. Our jump drive technology scares the hell out of the Empire. In fact it's the one reason we're still in one very loosely held together piece. Doesn't help we and other teams have tweaked their noses a time or two, including some pretty hugely embarrassing hits. Got our own pet bounty hunter looking for us. The gifts the bitch queens give us right?"

Wanda looks genuinely curious as she responds to Ryden. "Funny the Empire should consider your technology a threat when the FAR diplomats who witnessed its use weren't interested beyond an academic curiosity. They declared it, and I quote from their report, 'undependable and unsuited to orderly and regular interstellar travel.' I suppose the Empire's reaction to be either premised on a faulty assessment, or else the faulty assessment was on the part of the diplomats twenty years ago." She shrugs. "I suppose they might reconsider with new intel."

Getting up, Halko mentions to Rolyn. "If you're qualified for gunnery, or not, come on. You can take an extra seat and get a better view than you will just being strapped into a galley seat."

Rolyn gets confirmation from Wanda before getting up himself, then says to Halko, "I can at least familiarize myself with the controls in case of a later emergency."

"Alright, hand over all your electronics and let me do my thing. Rolyn, I'll need your visor too." Rolyn and Wanda both look askance at this demand. Rolyn's positively on-guard, but once Ryden's motives are expressed and understood they do as he wishes. Wanda's HHPCs and Rolyn's visor are both clean, but the file storage architecture of Wanda's HHPCs is heavily encrypted. Ryden doesn't push his efforts beyond protocol, but he has a sneaking suspicion that her "gloves" are protected with an AI-enforced RES. These are the only two devices of note which are possessed by the pair for which Ryden's skills are applicable.

Rosseyn waits until the others are done conversing before issuing marching orders. "Vanko, make sure we have everything we need on board. All the materials we purchased, all of our property. Do a triple check. Noran, get the ship ready to leave. Pre-flight check should be spotless. I don't want any problems when we're off Grymdin. Samil, get all of your data in order. We have a lot to discuss when we get back. Everyone else, get yourself ready to leave."


Conditions:
Local Time: Days 50-52
Location: Grymdin

Before leaving Grymdin, CJ returns to The Glowing Codex in the Fresh Air Market to seek out Zo'Wor to determine whether any additional stock has arrived. Zo'Wor greets his curiosity with an enigmatic response. "Nothing new here, no. I'm afraid you first contacted me near the end of my stay here on Grymdin. The shop will be closing on the morrow for a spell. I cannot say when it will once again be open, but this quaint store will be empty before I leave. When I return, it could very well be in a different location on Grymdin but under the same name. Thank you for the return of the ring, I'm sorry that I could not be of further use to you this time around. But there are many paths to walk, many worlds to wander, and all roads are connected. Perhaps we shall meet again." He says something with a smile in a language alien to Cairo's ears, and escorts CJ to the door amiably.

Niall and Gilina go over every system on-board the Eclipse to verify that systems are optimal. The jump drive will be fully charged by the next day. They even take seriously the idea of scouring the outer hull against tracking devices and are able to give everyone some peace of mind that their departure the next day will not simply precipitate an ambush.

Rosseyn schedules their departure time with Grymdin control at the last minute the day before they expect to leave...just to minimize the window during which opportunistic bounty hunters could gain access to such information.

Everyone takes the time during the lull before their departure to do some last minute shopping save for Gilina who is way too busy with shipboard operations to be bothered with such trivialities.

Two cargo pods are attached to the Eclipse per the purchase order placed, and every possession is securely stored either within the pods or in the limited cargo space on-board the Eclipse itself.

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 53, 2100
Location: Grymdin

Rosseyn and Ryden head to Grymdin Telecomm in the Novoo Industrial Sector to purchase access time to the available grav-comms located there. It's a laborious, all-day waiting process as they arrived on scene without a reserved time-slot and had to wait for an opening due to a cancelled reservation. Eventually, they gain access, pay the exorbitant 50,000 credit fee, and contact the fleet in real-time. They get the fleet's coordinates before Commander Perry kills the transmission. They rush back to the Eclipse knowing they have only a limited time before the fleet jumps to the indicated coordinates. Everyone finds sleep an elusive goal that night. The anticipation of the transfer in space with the MPVF ship(s?) and the return to their people weighing heavily on their waking minds.

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 54, 0600
Location: Inside the starship Eclipse, Deep Space


Niall, Ryden, and Rosseyn go through a lengthy pre-flight check. Finally, Gilina fires up the Eclipse's interstellar ramjet drive. The crew talks its way through the departure sequence and directions from Grymdin Control. Once detached from Grymdin and outside one hundred thousand miles, Ryden double-checks their coordinates, and Rosseyn gives Gilina the green light to engage the FTL drives. The stars begin to move at an ever increasing rate of speed in relative motion to the ship's position in space until the FTL barrier is breached and the courier vessel goes superluminal. An hour or so later, the reverse process begins and the ship eventually returns to STL speeds. Ryden picks up an IFF transponder for a single civilian cargo vessel.
Image
Upon approach, comms are opened between the two vessels, transaction identifying information is exchanged, examined, and confirmed, and the crew brings the Eclipse alongside the cargo vessel for the transfer of foodstuffs. A pair of powered armor suits (of a sort) emerge from the cargo vessel and begin EVA operations to transfer the sealed cargo containers from the ship to the Eclipse. This takes a few hours, and Rosseyn is beginning to seriously sweat the time when the cargo vessel's captain contacts the crew and informs them that the transfer is complete. Gilina has been monitoring the transfer and confirms the accuracy of the report. "Mr. Lang hopes we can again be of service to the Kassan colony project in the future. Fair winds and following seas, Eclipse." The captain signs off, and within minutes the vessel is building up to FTL speeds. It's long since departed and nearly an hour distant when the Eclipse's gravimetric sensors start going crazy. Ryden immediately recognizes the telltale EM signs of incoming jump signatures. The fleet arrives all at once. Within a minute a Prowess Class Destroyer has broken from the fleet formation and is en route to escort them back to the fleet.
Image
The comms chirp to life indicating an incoming vid-call. Ryden opens a channel and patches the video to the pair of small screens on the instrument panel of the Eclipse's cockpit.
Image
"This is Captain Ainsley Tanaka of the A.D.F.S. Stiletto. Welcome home, First S.O.G., you'll find the fleet's in a bit better shape than when you left. I bet you can't wait to give Captain Cardea your debriefings." A light and knowing chuckle from her lovely voice ends the call.

Continue posting here.

Post your mission debrief to the indicated thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey


Return to Novoo Industrial Sector

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron