CRW Deck: Sick Bay

CPT Ainsley Tanaka is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Stiletto, one of the remaining Prowess Class Destroyers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

CRW Deck: Sick Bay

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:57 pm

The medical department on a Prowess Class Destroyer, known by everyone on board simply as "sick bay," is a tight, spartan space which is lightly manned and equipped.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: CRW Deck: Sick Bay

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 38 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 77

Cairo steps quietly up to the doorway of Sick Bay to look for whoever is running the department, if there seems to be any kind of emergency going on the PA Driver [First Aid (55%)] will lend a hand or get the hell outta the way (as seems most appropriate). If nothing is going on, Cairo offers a polite greeting to whoever pops up and seems in-charge because he figures this might not be a bad way to build a bit of camaraderie if there was some resentment, "Good Morning. I'm Cairo Xanreys of the First SOG. New transfer from the Dauntless. Thought I would drop a couple pints of blood in here if needed, they always seem short of it."

If the needles have any trouble breaking his (AR 12) skin, CJ is not adverse to jabbing the vein himself (or using a scalpel to get past) but he will thank whoever helps with the process. *Hehehe we can't all be immune to stuff like Halko, so I am glad to come with accelerated healing.
It's good for times like this, and maybe some stays in the blood and helps someone else out.*
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 60

On the way to the Sick Bay, Halko smiles and nods to those that they pass as he chit chats with Cairo, "I like caf and tea. Just depends on the situation. Caf's a good morning drink or when you're pulling a night shift. Whereas tea is more for cold weather or relaxing. Though a good glass of iced tea is nice when its hot."

Once outside the Sick Bay, Halko says, "I'll stay out here and keep out of the way." He takes Cairo's backpack and finds a good part of the bulkhead to hold up while he waits for the PA Driver to bleed for a good cause.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0900

Waiting outside, Halko notices the scarcity of the crew. Unlike the couple thousand personnel aboard the Dauntless, he would guess that on the Stiletto, there's more likely around maybe a hundred total. The corridors are exactly like those aboard the Dauntless, of course, as is the vast majority of everything material. It's the Arismal way to focus on uniformity and modularity of design to maximize efficiency and replacability. Unlike on the Dauntless, however, there are a lot of personnel with sidearms on their belts. As he waits, he notices what he thinks to be a clear trend: only techs who are laden with tools and en route to some work appear unarmed.

Cairo walks into sick bay and immediately notices a few things different from that of the medical bay on the Dauntless. Number one, sick bay is a fraction the size of Doc Links' medical bay. There are a half dozen beds total, a single attached procedure room, and only three people on duty. A young, male, lieutenant busy behind a terminal looks him up and down as Cairo walks in. Cairo introduces himself. "Good Morning. I'm Cairo Xanreys of the First SOG. New transfer from the Dauntless. Thought I would drop a couple pints of blood in here if needed, they always seem short of it."

The lieutenant nods his head as he gets up and walks around the desk. "You're right about that lieutenant, have a seat. I'll start the draw myself since the others are busy." He walks Cairo over to a chair, wheels over an empty IV bag, quickly gets to set-up, finds Cairo's skin to be tough with a test-needle, procures a different needle of a dull, matte black color, and plunges it expertly into one of Cairo's forearm veins. "If you're the squeamish type, eat something. You make a mess in here by throwing up or fainting, you'll be cleaning it up. Holler when the bag is full, I've got a report to finish while you're bleeding." As he's walking back to his desk, Cairo notices the slug-thrower on his hip. Looking around momentarily, he notes the other two are likewise armed.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 34
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Cairo grins at the squeamish comment, "Not so much, but thanks for the concern friend." CJ takes note of the man's name-badge and then nods at the directions given. Quietly, Cairo sits and watches with mild bemusement as his blood drains out into the bag in a steady stream as he ponders how to broach inquire as to everyone being armed, *I wonder if they had a coup attempt here on the Stilletto? ... Best bet might be to play into it?* He will also take a curious look at the occupied beds and their occupants and sort of wounds/injuries for anything drastic (amputations? Cycbernetics? actively receiving a transfusion?). When the bag finishes filling, he rises and walks over, "First one done. What have you guys been doing around here? We have been out of Fleet for a while. I love that you guys get to keep your small-arms handy around here, I always feel a bit naked coming out of the field and having to stow it. Ya just feel weird without it right, ____>insert guy's name from his name badge<____?"

He's not looking to pry or be nuisance just get a feel for the ship and a bit of info. If the man seems busy or uncomfortable, CJ will offer a friendly thanks and excuse himself.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 12

Huh, sidearms. We are going out of the fleet. Kinda makes sense that everyone should be ready to repel boarders if we come under attack. Plus, smaller crew means everyone knows each other and there's a better chance the coop was unable to get a foothold here. Halko shrugs to himself and, feeling a little useless standing around the corridor, goes ahead and enters sick bay.

Throwing a grin to Cairo, Halko says, "Felt kinda stupid just standing around out there. You almost done?" He looks around a bit and gives a small snort/HUH when he sees the size difference of the sickbay compared to what Doc Links has to work with on the Dauntless. In a sudden realization, Halko thinks, Man, we really are on a much smaller ship that the Dauntless. This is gonna take some getting used too. Good thing Bodean isn't here to start some fight just for fun. Could ruffle too many feathers. Especially when we're gonna stick out like a sore thumb for a while. I'm glad I'm not Nova. The S.O.C. is issuing orders to us and he has to coordinate with the Captain. Could be some conflict there.

If any of the sickbay attendants look his way, Halko waves them off and says, "Thank you Sir. I'm just waiting on the officer here." as he flicks his thumb in Cairo's direction.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0930

Cairo offers more small talk. "First one done. What have you guys been doing around here? We have been out of Fleet for a while. I love that you guys get to keep your small-arms handy around here, I always feel a bit naked coming out of the field and having to stow it. Ya just feel weird without it right, Fields?"

The lieutenant shrugs ambivalently. "Treating standard stuff: ingrown toenails; gastric distress; micro-nutrient deficiency symptoms; concussions from running in the p-ways and not ducking under the hatch seals; bumps, bruises, and breaks from dumb mistakes; all the usual stuff. And the piece? Mostly a pain in the ass, but it's always been that way;" he looks Cairo in the eye, "I served on the Sovereign during its shake-down trials. Life is different here than on a huge ship like that. You're on a small-boy now: a lot less people to rely upon; gotta carry your own burdens; fend for yourself more; fight your own battles; crew's more like family; less strangers and less privacy. You bring heat home, we can't ignore it and let security deal with it, we all gotta deal with it. Security on the sovereign was as big a department as engineering is here, and engineering department on the sovereign had as many people as we have in our whole crew." He ties Cairo off and cauterizes the needle's insertion point with a chemical spray that burns slightly for a split second. "You're done. Thanks for contributing. See you 'round shipmate."

In the meanwhile, Halko is roundly ignored as he needs no attention, and when Cairo is done, Lieutenant Fields gets back to work behind his terminal.
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 64

Halko gives a small smile once Cairo finishes up and waits for the man to straighten up. When Cairo starts to move for the door out of Sick Bay, Halko falls into step beside him, "Off to the Mess now. You know, if we get a good reception for this stuff we're always going to have to bring back something."

As they work their way down the corridors to the Mess Hall, Halko says, "You know we just went from the big city to a small town where everybody knows everybody. And us a group of six, even if Ego is new to our team, they don't know that. And Nova has a dubious command position as the SOC is directing the missions we're on." Not sure if he's getting his point across, he gives a little sigh, "I guess what I'm saying is everybody is going to be watching us, so we need to be on our tip top best behavior." He hands Cairo's backpack back to the man.
Last edited by Halko on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 78
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 31

CJ nods amiably at the man, "Glad to be able to contribute." He takes the cue to depart and slings his backpack over 1 shoulder absently, *I had kind of been hoping to hear more about what the Ship, the Stilletto in general had been doing operations-wise but it sounds like Fields over there only has eyes and ears for his own little department there hehehe. Thankfully nothing that seems to have caused any major injuries though.*

Stepping out into the hallway, CJ summons up a Force-Disc large enough for he and Halko to sit on, "I'm going to indulge because I'm down a couple pints, and I do not feel like walking. If I start swerving all over try not to laugh too hard ... " he laughs at the comment about creating a pattern, "If we can keep finding the things that will keep people in good condition, I do not mind having to hunt and gather. Hell I still wish we had been able to drop some big game back on Chandrakant. Imagine the reception we'f get with a few hundred pounds of steak hehehe ... " Cairo glides the two along smoothly at not-much better than walking speed, because really, there's no hurry.

[[ Lounge/Dining Hall ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Corrigon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:49 am

Perception Bonus 38% 1d100 = 81
JIC 1d100 = 69 1d20 = 1

Corrigon enters the med bay, noting along the way that everyone was armed, except for him. Will have to ask the LC about that. We should all be armed if they are.

"Lance Corporal Corrigon Malath, assigned to 1st SOG," he introduces himself cheerily, "looking to supplement your blood supplies and get any checkup you require for new personnel onboard carried out."

He chats to the doctor whilst he waits, and any other patients or personnel, whilst keeping an eye out for any mechanical issues. Seeing the AC down in the armoury on the Dauntless made him worry about the resources available. If the Dauntless was having problems, then possibly a smaller ship like the Stiletto would be also having shortages. He was naturally friendly, but his other training kicked in as he discreetly pumped them for information to get an idea of what was going on onboard ship, trying to get an idea which way the ship feels on the possible directions of the fleet. better to be prepared and nothing happen, than knowing nothing and it biting me in the arse.

OOC Comments
Streetwise 50% 1d100 = 49 get information PASS
Intelligence 52 1d100 = 24 put info together PASS
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 60% 1d100 = 30 get people to open up PASS
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0945

Lieutenant Fields looks up from his terminal and rolls his eyes. "Frak me. You're all a bunch of do-gooders, eh? Have a seat, corporal. I'll strap you in and bleed you in a minute." He does something more at the terminal then waves a datapad in the air absently. "Got the first SOG's medical records this morning, been perusing when not buried in paper work." He walks over and starts the procedure. As he inserting the needle into Malath's arm he adds, "You have a number of biological freaks on your new team, you know that? Manifesting new abilities this late in life is exceptionally rare."
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Corrigon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:55 am

Perception 38% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 17 1d20 = 6

Augur wrote:Lieutenant Fields looks up from his terminal and rolls his eyes. "Frak me. You're all a bunch of do-gooders, eh? Have a seat, corporal. I'll strap you in and bleed you in a minute."

Corrigon smiles at the Doctor as he sits down in the nearest seat to the document.
"Well, unlike the rest of the 1st SOG, I bleed an awful lot easier. Having some blood on hand isn't the worst idea in the world and if it happens to help somebody else out, that's an added benefit." He rolls up his sleeve to expose the area the doctor would need. It wasn't the first time he'd given blood.
"I don't know what your blood supplies are like, but considering we have a lack of a supply network, is there a rota amongst the crew for supplying blood to ensure there is a stock for all the different blood types?" he thinks to himself and laughs quietly.
"Well our current diversity issues, I'm surprised nobody has suggested collecting samples from people to help with repopulation."

Augur wrote: He does something more at the terminal then waves a datapad in the air absently. "Got the first SOG's medical records this morning, been perusing when not buried in paper work." He walks over and starts the procedure. As he inserting the needle into Malath's arm he adds, "You have a number of biological freaks on your new team, you know that? Manifesting new abilities this late in life is exceptionally rare."

Corrigon raises an eyebrow at this, barely noticing as the needle enters his arm.

"Well, what's the general cause for manifesting new abilities?" he asks, "it has happened in the past and there must have been studies." As the doctor finishes taking the donation, Corrigon scratches his head, thinking through the possibilities.
"Maybe we have always had the potential to develop more powers, but not had the right circumstances. I mean let us examine what the 1st SOG has been exposed to;
New environmental factors that the 1st SOG has been exposed to, extreme stressful situations, long term exposure to space travel. Maybe we all have the potential, just waiting for the circumstances to unlock that potential."

When the conversation finishes, he says goodbye to the doctor and heads off to the launch bay.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron