Bloodsport Hippodrome

The galaxy parties in Hykri! Whether to visit the fleshpots of the district, enjoy better living through chemistry, or to hook up with your peers for a night out on the town, the Hykri has what you're looking for!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:47 pm

15. Bloodsport Hippodrome:
Image
The Bloodsport Hippodrome is a high-tech amphitheater which serves as Grymdin's only venue for huge audiences and large-scale events. Musical events, circuses, sports competitions, all of these and more are hosted at this large venue. The really big draw, however, is the weekly gladiatorial games from which the hippodrome gets its name. On occasion, the Bloodsport even hosts "killer robot" matches where the more technically inclined battle their designs against one another for large purses of winnings.

The last night of every artificial week on Grymdin, the Bloodsport Hippodrome hosts gladiatorial games in a series of sub-arenas within the facility. Each match takes place in an arena designed in absolute secrecy from both the paying public, and the competitors. The same arena one week may consist of nothing but a sand pit, and the next week be a verdant jungle, followed by a simulated glacial mountainside with rocky outcroppings and ice caverns.

The biggest draw is always the gladiatorial games. A number of "Houses" dominate the games with their field of trained and sponsored combatants. Unsponsored fighters are often only plentiful at the beginning of the fight season when a simple 1,000 credit fee is required to participate and be included in the initial rankings. The beginning games are always grand melees with many fighters in each arena, and with usually all of the Hippodromes many arenas hosting battles simultaneously. The only fights more heavily watched are near the end of the season when the field of fighters has been winnowed down to the very best--all competing for the Championship.

There are so many search returns on this that the AI gives only a page of the most-frequently requested recordings. The most popular recording to date is of a periodic "grand melee" wherein a hundred competitors enter the arena, but only one emerges as a champion after days, sometimes even a few weeks wherein one's battle prowess, ingenuity, and survival skills are tested to their limits by one's competitors and the environment itself. Fatalities are frequent, but not mandated, and environmental hazards are no less dangerous than one's fellow competitors.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 69

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

The wrecking-crew trio of Backlash, Jujak, and CJ arrive at the Arena with the Pilot gnoshing his way through a 2nd Muffin he's still keeping an eye out to see if they've been followed when he asks, "Mmmph <chew><chew> ... I am going to miss being off rations. You guys are sure you're down to compete? I don't think there will be refunds if we change our minds down the road ... Someone want to check whether betting is handled here or offsite in the Casinos? Might be both ... My guess is that Sammy will have to handle that side if we want any of it."

If there are any event/calendar postings, he'll try and figure out: 1) What games/matches (single/team/races/etc & armed vs unarmed & Lethal vs Nonlethal) are open for registration right now, 2) how much it costs to do register, 3) what the Nightly prize pools are looking like, and 4) if any Aurovax or Nithians are competing. If not, he will approach the registration window (once located) to ask the same questions keeping an eye out for advertisements with names/pictures of 'featured' opponents.

Literacy: Pilian [45%]: 1d100 = 15 -- to Read Flyers/Calendars/etc.
Streetwise [37%]: 1d100 = 63 -- Checking for anyone following them
Lore: Alien [75%]: 1d100 = 35 -- to classify/size up opponents he can get a look at
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:27 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0530


Everyone gets plenty to eat of the Rippleberry Muffins Cairo buys a ton of. The dozen meals for on-the-go that he buys are foreign, but delicious. First there's the fried yet somehow fluffy, thin, bread-like "wrapping" with a faintly sweet flavor which holds the contents together, then there's the oddly bitter but deeply flavorful unknown variety of egg that's the primary medium which holds within its scrambled mess a mix of diced, spicy vegetables, and a salty meat product of some sort. Each bite is a riot of flavor that somehow manages to pull off a successful medley.

The weekly gladiatorial games are scheduled for three artificial days from now (Day 50) starting at 1800. For security reasons, bets are strictly handled off-site at The Ceiling Club, Viceroy Gentleman's Club, and XS Nightclub Hotel & Casino; each is officially licensed by Bloodsport to cover bets and coordinate this sanctioned gambling with their own DROs. Unlicensed betting does occur, of course, but is uncovered by any of the DROs, so not that much off-license betting actually happens on Grymdin. No information about competitors is available for the open qualification matches, but there are entire profiles on the various independent and house gladiators in the tourney bouts; Caja and Zed are not among these gladiators. The schedules bouts are as follows:

    1800: Automaton Death Matches: AI and remote-controlled robotic competitors only
    2000: Open Qualification Matches: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no modern weapons (guns) are permitted. Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney
    2200: Championship Tourney Matches: Week two official tourney matches. Week Two Championship Purses: 100,000 credits

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--Sundance Hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -470 PTP;
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./0 H.P.; comatose but stabilized[/i]
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 34

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

Cairo copies down the entrance fee info and whatever profile info he can on the various independent and house gladiators in the tourney bouts, then turns back to Halko and Jujak, "I don't know where these Rippleberries are from ... but these are excellent, When I retire to my own private island, I will make sure to have several orchards of these planted hehehe ... Alright lets get back and see if the Bossman has had enough beauty sleep that he's tolerable to look at ... if not, we drop off the food and get out so we don't have to listen to Soria snore ... Jujak, I'll get your next 3 beers if you point out that she sounds like a bandsaw chewing through a wolfhound when she sleeps ... "

With that he set's off for [[[[Sundance Hotel, Spacer Street -- Novoo Industrial Sector]]]] on his way to his eventual destination [[Skyff's List in the Mercenary Commons]].
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 39/

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 77

Fang wrote:"You guys are sure you're down to compete?"


Halko looks to CJ and nods, "If this is what we need to do to meet our goals, then I will do it. Though I don't know if I like the thought of gambling." He shrugs when CJ starts talking about Sammy placing the bets.

When they find the directory witht he rules and whatnot, Halko just stares at the boards, unable to ready what they say. So, for later review, he holds his wrist out and grabs a video/pictures of all the posted information. I really should start learning how to read this language. Maybe when we get back Ryden can use the video and make a transcription for me.

Halko chuckles when CJ, jokes about Jill's sleeping...er snoring habit. Then follows along with the rest of the small group and heads for [[Sundance Hotel, Spacer Street -- Novoo Industrial Sector]]
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2000
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are poorly lit (approximately 20 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 14+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.


After some interesting sparring on the Eclipse and a day of taking it easy in preparation for the arena, Halko and Cairo arrive at the Bloodsport Hippodrome with little fanfare to formally enter as combatants. Once identified at the Hippodrome by security, they are escorted under guard to a large chamber where the other combatants are present under equally heavy guard. All are scanned and stripped of any weapons or other equipment. They are given a briefing by a man standing on a raised dais who simply identifies himself as the fight promoter.

Image

"Welcome, fighters!" says the promoter in Pilian. A speaker in the chamber translates his every word into Dar' Etsch, the Imperial Trade Tongue, and Thimerian Code. "Be aware that there are countless environmental hazards in the Razorcrush Arena. Keep your eyes peeled for our genetically engineered predator vines! They'll entangle you and poison you if they get a hold of you. And the walls have more than ears here, fighters! They are rigged with imperceptible motion detectors which will spring blades, spikes, and all manner of other dangers at you as you progress through the maze. The sensitivity of the motion detectors is greater the higher up you go, so keep your feet on the ground if you hope to have a chance of not being subdued by the arena itself! You might find weapons or useful items within the arena. If so, you are free to use them. Some exemptions to the match's general conditions have been granted a few of the combatants for a variety of reasons, but no one will be entering the arena with any equipment save those required for your race's survival. (Goggles, rebreathers, etc.) Lastly, this is a submission match. When you're ready to submit, simply state as much and the hazards in your area will be deactivated and you will be extracted from the arena with no further harm. If at any time you are rendered unconscious, the Bloodsport Hippodrome recognizes that as an implicit submission and will extract you without your verbal consent. Does everybody agree to the terms of this match?" All the assembled combatants state loudly their consent in what seems a performative ritual--familiar to any who have reviewed pre-fight analysis shows and the like. "Good luck, and good fighting!" exclaims the promoter, and the various combatants are escorted from the chamber.

Halko and Cairo each find themselves in front of large, metal double doors after what seemed like a mile of meandering walking under the escort of guards. Just above the doors is a countdown timer. Once in front of the double doors, the guards simply wait until the timer has been reduced to zero. At that point, the doors open, the guards urge them into the poorly lit passageway beyond, and close the doors behind them. The walls appear to be approximately a hundred feet in height, superficially appear to be made of stone, and are covered with spikes, sharp, bladed objects, and writhing vines as thin as a finger's breadth to as big around as a man's thigh.



Halko1.jpg
Halko1.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 7674 times

Cairo1.jpg
Cairo1.jpg (26.29 KiB) Viewed 7674 times


What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 84

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

At the assembly of fighters (with the Promoter), CJ will look over each of the Competitors for this Thermal Signature, and to see if they are giving off any radio transmissions they have anything noticeable that might ID them in the field. He will also note any obvious Melee weapons being sported. Whatever info he gathers Cairo tucks away for the future, then gives his assent to begin.

=======

An old highland song floats through his mind as the clocks trickles towards 00:00, he can almost hear the mournful wail of accompanying horns;

**They say Arismal is breathing,
with each wave that finds the Sho-re,
Her soul ri--ses in the e--vening,
for to open twilight's door.
Her eyes are the stars in heav--en,
watching over us all the while,
and her heart it is in Eyreland,
deep within it's Emerald Isles ...**


As the arena doors close behind him, Cairo drops to 1 knee and summons a large Force-Disc above his own head to cover himself in a Man-sized Cloak of inky darkness (Shadow Cloak). After a few seconds, the disc shrinks to the size of a serving platter to step up onto the Disc, ** Now for some action. Mom, Dad, Gramps, hope you are looking out for me from the beyond ... and I hope all you bastard Aliens are ready for the ass-kicking of a lifetime... **

In silence, the Arismal glide forward to the intersection ahead to peer in either direction and ears listening carefully for either co-competitors or any warning the built-in traps and defenses. He will autododge or parry incoming attacks as appears appropriate.

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 21

Prowl (75+20(dark): 95%): 1d100 = 53

Parry (+13):1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 32
Autododge (+9): 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 29


Ignore
Retroactive GM Removal of Melee Weapons:1d20+17 = 18, 1d20+17 = 33
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 18 1d20+2 = 17 1d20+2 = 6 1d20+2 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 85

Prowl 70%=1d100 = 46

Halko listens along as the fight promoter gives his intro for the fight, then he looks around at the other fighters. After agreeing to the rules, he gives a simple nod to Cairo as each of them are lead away to a different starting point.

As he stands looking at the door and the count down clock, Halko tips his head to one side and says to the guard, "You know, this kinda reminds me of my first date." He gives the guard a lop sided grin and continues, "hehe, you never really know what's on the other side of that door. Could be parents and religious texts, could be whips and straps... but in a good way." He gives the guard to the left a wink along with his grin.

When the doors open and Halko steps through and looks around. After a moment he begins to move forward slowly and as quietly as he can.

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 9
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2001
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are poorly lit (approximately 20 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 14+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.


Concealed loudspeakers in the ceiling high overhead (120' up) broadcast some dispiriting news in a raucous tone of mixed laughter and bloodthirsty amusement. "Dear viewers and combatants, you may find that there has been some misinformation promulgated before the fight regarding the fighters on your screens tonight. We hope you enjoy the added thrill of surprise!"

Cairo drops to a knee and summons a large force disc above his head and then covers himself in a cloak of inky darkness. he shrinks the disc, steps onto it, and glides slowly forward to the intersection. En route to the intersection, and with an alacrity that startles him, vines shoot out from the walls on either side of him as though animated by conscious hostility and aggression. He ducks them with relative ease despite their accuracy and speed, needing to put on a bit of speed to do so, and bursts into the intersection. He looks to the south just in time to see a blur of motion burst through the passageway and beyond into another passage, and out of sight. A veritable forest of vines erupting behind the speeding figure in black and grey, the passage shot through with rods with wicked spikes at their business ends. Cairo's keen vision takes in just enough of the speeding figure to make out a distinctive hair pattern and to note a snarl of determination and viciousness on her face: it was the Atorian, Giga. To his north is an empty, dead-end passage.

Cairo-2.jpg



Halko steps through and looks around. After a moment he begins to move forward slowly and as quietly as he can. His second step is met with a whistling sound from his left and he's just able to catch sight of the spear whistling through the air toward him just in time to see as it slices across his shoulder as he reflexively tries to jump forward and away. This triggers another from the other side which he nimbly manages to duck, just missing his head. He ducks and dashes in intermittent spurts toward the intersection, getting stabbed twice more before he reaches it, and catches sight of their feline opponent, engaged in battle with tangling vines to the west of him. To the east of him, he just manages to catch sight of a humanoid head ducking back for cover a second too slowly. Clearly, one of his opponents is a bit more wily and cautious than the other. The feline appears consumed with rage and is snarling as it slashes and jukes in a deadly dance with a tangle of vines. there are a number of passages branching off along the northern wall, but something catches his eye among them: a large, gold-painted crate resting on the ground.

Halko-2.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -60 S.D.C.; bleeding -3 H.P. per minute
Cairo:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am

OOC: CJ's Force Disc can do 450 MPH. A more sedate 200MPH converts to 293.33 Ft per Second (~730ft/action (6APM)). 400MPH converts to 1460ft/action.

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 24

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

Cairo recognizes Giga from a distance and surges forward, kicking himself to almost 1/2 speed as his shadowed form dashes South (left/down on Map) toward the intersection where the Atorian vanished at 200 mph. **The traps going off after her will act as a trail if I can keep close enough ...

In silence, the Arismal gives chase looking out for co-competitors or any warning of attacks as he charges to reach the Atorian's reckless trail. He will affirmatively Dodge using 5/6 attacks for anything that he spots (then he will autododge). CJ will round the corner of the intersection and pause to see which way she headed (basically he wants to look each way).

The 1 attack he holds back, is to grab Giga if he can catch up.

APM (7-1): 6
Initiative (+4): 1d20+4 = 18

1(held): Grab Giga by back of neck (1 EP) (1d4+32)*2 = 68

Dodge (+15): 1d20+15 = 28, 1d20+15 = 20, 1d20+15 = 19, 1d20+15 = 29, 1d20+15 = 20

Autododge (+9): 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 10
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 20, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 40
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 13

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 1, 1d100 = 31, 1d100 = 15, 1d100 = 67

Halko curses to himself as the spears fly out of some recessed trap. When he makes it into the intersection and spots the feline opponent, Halko resists the urge to go and help him. Instead he pivots to face the being and coughs a pair of sticky globs at the alien fighting the vines, hoping to further entangle the being in the vines.

Pivoting back to where he saw a glimpse of the golden crate, Halko begins moving slowly to the east, wary for any new traps and the vines the appears to be growing on the north wall. If the vines try for him, Halko will cough a glob of the sticky at them in an attempt to fasten them to the wall.

If the humanoid head pops out again, Halko will attempt to splat it with a sticky glob, hoping to hinder in some fashion. Either by securing it to the structure or just gooping up its face. Even if all it does cause the being to move more slowly.

As he moves east and then north, Halko's goal is the golden crate. Frak this place. What the frak was that drek with a fraking spear. Seriously, a fraking spear. He gingerly touches the cuts and abused flesh, probing the wounds as he makes his way down the corridor. When this fraking job is down we better be going up again a proper enemy with modern weapons and not a FRAKING SPEAR! Halko fumes to himself as he slowly makes his way through the so called arena.

1. Sticky glob feline opponent; Strike: 1d20+3 = 13
2. Sticky glob feline opponent; Strike: 1d20+3 = 15
3. move - look
4. move - look
5. move - look
6. move - look OR Dodge OR Sticky glob Strike: 1d20+3 = 23 NAT 20
7. move - look OR Dodge OR Sticky glob Strike: 1d20+3 = 12

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 17
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2001.25
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are poorly lit (approximately 20 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 14+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.


The overhead loudspeaker sounds a gong, followed by a synthetic voice declaring in Pilian, "Crate number ten has been opened."

Cairo zips off in pursuit of the flash of Giga he caught sight of. Countless vines shoot from the walls to either side of him as he jukes and weaves south. On a couple occasions, he's moving too fast to even see the vines coming, and he feels the sting of the barbed vines tearing scratches across his arms and legs. In addition, the vines are so quick and aggressive that he's unable to avoid their clutches on at least three additional occasions. The true danger of the vines suddenly become apparent as his head begins to throb painfully, and his guts feel like they're filled with hundreds of tiny, sharp knives. He immediately becomes extremely nauseous, and his whole body breaks out in a cold sweat. The timing of his sudden gut wrenching pain is terrible as it causes him to miss the lithe figure which darts towards him. He's just able to catch sight of the man in time to duck to one side as the figure sails through the air toward him with a foot outstretched in a badly aimed leap kick. CJ recognzies the figure as Euger Leson.
Image
Cairo-3.jpg




The overhead loudspeaker sounds a gong, followed by a synthetic voice declaring in Pilian, "Crate number ten has been opened."

Halko pivots to face the being and coughs a pair of sticky globs at the alien fighting the vines, hoping to further entangle the being in the vines. The felinoid is cognizant enough to see Halko and dodge his first sticky glob, but the second hits him in the forearm. The felinoid's already engaged in a running battle with the vines as he turns towards Halko and roars in outrage. He's then forced to duck another vine-strike, but the vine manages to get stuck to the sticky glob. Another roar quickly follows, but Halko's not waiting around. The other combatant isn't showing himself. As Halko proceeds east, he manages to spot and elude more spears shooting out and retracting back into the walls from whence they came...save one. He finally notices that he's bleeding rather profusely from four separate stab wounds. Following the trail back east and north, however, he finds himself momentarily safe and standing in front of a large crate. The lid simply rests on top to close it.(Roll 1d20. 10 is not a valid result.)

Halko-3.jpg
Halko-3.jpg (23.91 KiB) Viewed 7517 times


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.; bleeding -4 H.P. per minute
Cairo: -21 S.D.C.; Toxin:-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (68 melees).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 24
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 17

First Aid 80%=1d100 = 99, 1d100 = 49, 1d100 = 96, 1d100 = 42, 1d100 = 23
Crate roll: 1d20 = 8


Halko holds an arm over as many of his wounds as he can while he pops the top off the crate. There better be something good in here! Frak, not sure if I'd like a weapon over a first aid kid at this point.

Unless its a trap of some sort, Halko takes whatever is in the crate and equips himself (if possible) then starts tearing off his jumpsuits sleeves to use as bandages as he attempts to stop his bleeding. He grunt/chuckles through the pain of binding the wounds, Frak I hate this place already. Well, at the very least I'll stop leaving a trail and at the best, well, I won't die or have to tap out. Crap I wish I could find Cairo, we'd be so much better off as a team.

After doing as best as he can bandaging himself up, Halko takes whatever he found in the crate and makes his way west, down the new corridor. I'm surely not going back down that other hall with pissed off guy stuck at one end and the lurker at the other, best to find a more strategic spot at this point. And if I start bleeding again, I may just have to tap out. Crap, I miss the time it was just people shooting at us.

1. open crate
2. take crate item
3. first aid
4. first aid
5. first aid
6. first aid OR move west
7. first aid OR most west

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 10
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 9
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 19

H.P.: 242/247
S.D.C.: 1329/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (68 melees)]

Cairo recognizes the toxins distracting effect so he releases the Force Disc (so that he need not maintain), and faces Euger warily. A half step feint is followed up with an uppercut to the chin seeking to lay the fellow squarely on the ground (-1EP). If the man is still standing, CJ circles and throws a punishing hook to the body on the opposite side (Power Punch).

He will use 2-3 attacks to affirmatively Dodge (especially anything from a re-appearing Giga), but then rely on parrying where plausible. Autododge for Traps.

APM (7-1): 6
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20+1 = 14

1: Uppercut to Euger's jaw. (1 EP) (3d6+32)*2 = 72 +Knockout 1d6 = 3 rounds
2-3: Power Punch/hook to the ribs 1d20+9 = 24, 6d6+32 = 57


*** Contingency: If Leson runs or Giga reappears, throw a Force Disc to hit from behind and hopefully knock down so CJ can catch up.
1d20+9 = 23, 5d6+5 = 18


Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 13

Dodge (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 32 , 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 30

Autododge (+9): 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 251d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 10
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:34 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2001.25
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d20. 4, 5, 8 & 10 are not valid results.

The announcer's voice rings out. "Now that the battles are joined, let's shed some light on the skills of our contestants!"

The overhead loudspeaker sounds three gongs, followed by the synthetic voice, "Crate numbers four, five, eight, and ten have been opened. Surface-level arena traps have been temporarily suspended. Illumination increased six-fold."



Before he even knows just what the hell Euger had in his head with that leap kick, Cairo finds himself in an arm-bar, then flying through the air from an expertly executed body flip. The air goes out of him in a whoosh as he smashes against the ground and he suddenly realizes the role that luck can still play even with the intensively trained. Euger's a serious threat. Before he's certain which way is east or west, the figure of Euger is looming within his field of vision above him. From his prone position, Cairo's fist flashes out from his side in a sudden, vicious uppercut. Euger attempts to step back from the blow but is clearly caught unawares. The brilliant lighting from above casts Euger's face in shadow for a moment, but as he falls backward, Cairo can see his eyes are rolled back in his head. He also catches sight of the Atorian moving at high speed toward him and the now fallen Euger. He throws out his force disk in haste towards her as he gets to his feet with a leap. He notices that she has a pistol of some form in one hand. She hurdles the disk in a single bound flies across the space between them with incredible speed, then comes crashing into CJ with an utterly devastating flying punch to his chest. He flies through the air and slides a couple dozen yards back. He shakes off the hit with the kind of brute toughness that only a handful of tier ones can muster, and gets to his feet in time to watch the robotic claw descend from the brilliantly lit overheads a hundred or so feet up to snatch Euger's prone, unconscious form from the battleground of the labyrinthine passages.

Cairo-4.jpg




Halko withdraws the energy weapon from the crate, then proceeds to try and staunch the bleeding with all the skill of a ham-fisted, drunken paramedic. Finally managing to bind his wounds, he turns and begins to move west. From the other side of the wall he hears a female voice calls out to him and speaks in fast, clipped Pilian. "The arena managers aren't listening, but they are watching. All of Grymdin is watching. They will alter the conditions of the arena to draw things out and maximize how long people watch. The houses know this. Should their combatants find each other they will team-up to put the odds against independents like us at a disadvantage. So cover my back, and I'll cover yours...at least until the end, okay? Excrement! Budu's loose! We've got company!"

Halko-4.jpg
Halko-4.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 7377 times


Halko acquires the following:
Code: Select all
[b]Galactic Standard Medium Stunner Rifle[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/14/20170714231824-470ad663.png[/img]
[size=85]Range: 170'
Damage: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -6 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge.
Duration: 1D6 melee rounds.
Payload: 16 shot e-clip.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
Dimensions: 16" long, 4 lbs.[/size]

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -5 H.P., -359 S.D.C.; Toxin:-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (68 melees).


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:38 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 11
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5, 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 16

H.P.: 237/247
S.D.C.: 991/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (67 melees)]

Cairo shakes out the figurative cobwebs as he squares himself up to face the first Atorian he has laid eyes on since the destruction of Arismal, stands for a split moment like a spire of obsidian shadow [HF 10] in the brightly lit hallway, then advances. Cold fury burns through Xanreys' veins as he moves to meet the cheap-shotting speedster. **While the lights are up b¥_€h ... You are going down.** and the Arismal unleashes a blistering pair of death blows [GMG Pg 29].

He will use his remaining attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga or any other opponents who appear, but then rely on Autododge for Traps.

APM (7-1): 6
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20+1 = 12

1-2: CJ advances and throws a hatred-laced punch towards Giga's throat with a Death Blow [GMG Pg 29] 1d20+8 = 28 (3d6+32)*2 = 90 *2 = 180 to HP
3-4: IF Giga is still up, CJ throws another hatred-laced punch towards Giga's throat with a Death Blow [GMG Pg 29] (1 EP) (3d6+32)*2 = 88 *2 = 176 to HP ***



*** Contingency: If Giga is not up @ this point, CJ will hold off on a 2nd EP strike unless a 3rd contestant arrives and closes within melee range.

Dodge (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 14

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 26

Death Blow
GMG Pg 29 Death Blow: A special attack designed to kill an opponent in one or two strikes! This attack is often limited in hand to hand combat to the roll of a "natural" high strike number; i.e. death blow on a natural 18-20. Whenever the words "death blow" are presented without limitation, the character can use a death strike whenever he desires; however, such a devastating attack counts as two melee attacks/actions.
1d6 = 2
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:36 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 7, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 73
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 18

Frak, I'm beat to drek already. I really hate those damn spears and Cairo is nowhere to be seen. Halko can feel just how bad off he is, and its been a long time since he's taken a beating like this, "Deal" he says to the alien woman as he steps back to the hall junction, toward the female voice, to fire his newly acquired rifle at the man that was caught in the vines.

Taking a moment to line up a good pair of shots, Halko actually grins, After those fraking spears, I'm looking forward to getting into a good hand to hand fight. Maybe I should give her the rifle?

If he misses or Budu doesn't go down, Halko readies himself for a hand to hand fight, shifting the rifle to his off hand and concentrates on landing one hell of a punch on the approaching alien. Ready to repeat if needed.

If Budu does fall, Halko will turn to the woman and nod, "Which way? Northwest? As they move off, Halko says, "I have a friend in here somewhere. If we come across him, we can make a trio until the end or you can split. Either way, I promise, we won't double team you." Halko gives her another nod as they move along, Surface-level arena traps? Frak, are there move levels to this pit of misery?

If the alien woman proves to be duplicitous, Halko will aim one of his punches at her as well.

1. talk and move
2-3. Aimed Strike at Budu; 1d20+4 = 24 (Nat 20), Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -6 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. Duration: 1d6 = 3 melee rounds (double damage?)
4-5. Aimed Strike at Budu; 1d20+4 = 17, Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -6 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. Duration: 1d6 = 1 melee rounds
6. explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 6 Dmg: 6d6 = 23 OR move
7. explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: 6d6 = 15 OR move

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 12
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2001.5
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d20. 4, 5, 8 & 10 are not valid results.

No loudspeaker announcements are forthcoming.



From his position on his back, CJ gets a clear view of Euger being hoisted into the brilliant white lights overhead by a robotic arm, but he's here to fight and win a purse, not spectate or consider how that image might have appeared to the theologically-minded. CJ's murderous intent is plain to see as he gets to his feet. (Not accounted for in previous actions.) Even as he's rising, the Atorian, Giga, is already moving. He can just see her face as she begins to sprint: she's wearing a broad grin. As he gets to his feet and starts towards her, she's already attained enough velocity that she runs up the side of the wall for a very short distance, ignoring his disc, and zips around a corner and to the west...and out of sight. Enraged, he gives chase, fully intent on punching a hole through her chest, only to find himself catching sight of her across an open space. She's looking somewhat up and to the south, with a look of hesitation on her face. (No EP deducted.)

Cairo-5.jpg




The woman tucks and rolls a split second after her verbal warning, and comes up fast as lightning into a sprint to get clear of the long, east-west passageway. A blast of wind follows a micro-second after her, and Halko sees a streak of tan fur literally rocket through the passageway. Twin streaks of what looks like fire propel the blurred figure through the length of the passageway. A terrible crash sounds at the distant eastern end of the passage. "He's slower than usual! Some black thing on his arm is attached to a vine, and it's dragging down his speed! Don't let him hit you! He's like a wrecking ball! We've got to evade him, come on!" She starts to move west.

Halko-5.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -10 H.P., -359 S.D.C.; Toxin:-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (67 melees).


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 14 (Not doing a perception roll for every square because the traps are not on, please advise if this is incorrect)
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

H.P.: 237/247
S.D.C.: 986/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (67 melees)], Force Disc [+2 Dodge, +4 Damage/20mph]

Cairo watches the Atorian flee in terror and feels a stab of frustration, **Run away you Sh¥_€hy run. I'll have you broken soon enough, but I've taken your worst and you know it isn't enough don't you? ... but lets slow you a bit ...** CJ will create force discuses to strike her in the knee and legs until he loses sight of her (noting which direction she flees in). Once the bitch is gone, creates a Transport Disc and hops aboard to flit West across the doorway into this big room that Giga fled through. CJ is moving ~40 mph trying to keep a wary eye out for entrances where others might enter, or anything of interest (that might make for a club/weapon/etc.).

He will use attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga or any other opponents who appear as needed, but then rely on Autododge for Traps.

APM (7-1): 6
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20+1 = 14

1 -- Force-Discus to Giga's knee 1d20+10 = 20, 5d6+5 = 23 damage
2 -- Force-Discus to Giga's knee 1d20+10 = 24, 5d6+5 = 22 damage
3 -- Force-Discus to Giga's knee 1d20+10 = 28, 5d6+5 = 20 damage
4-6 -- Create Transport Disc and move west looking around.

Dodge (+13-1)[missed +2 from Force Disc, please add]: 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 16

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 23
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 20, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 19, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 16, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 54
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 22

Halko nods to the woman and says, "Name's Torren" as he follows her as she heads off to the west. Halko's brows furrow as he ponders the woman's word about the other combatant, He's like a wrecking ball! Halko gives a little grin and wonders if he should go back and confront the man. Sounds like he uses kinetic energy, hehe. If he follows us, I'll deal with him if not, maybe he can thin out the playing field some and I can take him out later.

Halko keeps up with the woman as best as he can, but if Budu catches up to them, Halko will make sure to take the hit. Then he will fire the force back at the wrecking ball man and start laying into him with explosive punches.

If they come across another contestant, Halko will follow the woman's lead to start, using her as a guide somewhat since she has a better knowledge of the fights than he does.

1. move
2. move OR Re-channel Kinetic Energy Strike 1d20+2 = 10 Dmg: same as received
3. move OR explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: 6d6 = 23
4. move OR explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 5 Dmg: 6d6 = 24
5. move OR explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 19 Dmg: 6d6 = 26
6. move OR explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: 6d6 = 20
7. move OR explosive punch strike: 1d20+3 = 13 Dmg: 6d6 = 21

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 25
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2001.75
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d20. 4, 5, 8, 10, 18 & 20 are not valid results.

The overhead loudspeaker sounds three gongs, followed by the synthetic voice, "Crate numbers eighteen and twenty have been opened."



Cairo throws a force disc across the space between himself and Giga in an attempt to trip her up or at least slow her down, but she's recovered from whatever she saw, and moving fast to the south and out of sight even as the disc is leaving his hand. Shrugging off the minor disappointment, he manifests another force disc for traveling, hops aboard it (staying low to the ground so as to avoid the still active traps above head height), then floats into the intervening chamber to gauge what could have been of interest to her. It's soon readily apparent. Along the southern end of the chamber is an extremely tall, wooden ladder which ascends to a height of about a hundred feet to what appears to be a wooden landing of some sort. The landing itself is shrouded in shadow from his view below, but he can guesstimate the width to be about eighty feet, and the length about forty.

Cairo-6.jpg




Halko chases after Fsheeme only to hear the odd sound of what sounds like jet propulsion emerge behind him. He turns in time to see the feline opponent, Budu Sh'Yeenen, level his body at Halko slightly and charge towards him under the power of what appears to be...a fist that ends in a rocket? Regardless of the bizarre nature or manifestation of this dude's powers, Halko allows him to connect with his strike--which is blindingly fast once begun--then channels it back into a punch against the cat who takes it in stride. The two then trade a flurry of useless punches. Budu's so fast, it's almost impossible for Halko to land a blow, and when Budu occasionally manages to land a punch on Halko, it doesn't even phase the man. Halko's considering this apparent standoff when he notices a figure quickly round the corner behind his adversary. It's the seven foot tall cyborg, and Halko notes with alarm that extending from each of the cyborg's forearms are a pair of long blades...

Halko-6.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -15 H.P., -359 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (66 melees).


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 9
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

H.P.: 232/247
S.D.C.: 991/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (67 melees)], Force Disc

Cairo notes Giga's southern flight and opts first to elevate himself ascending straight up to the outer edge of the Platform (not by the wall, but here in the center of the Chamber where (hopefully) the wall traps will find it harder to reach or he may have more time to react) ...
OOC Comments
South 2 Squares, then Straight Up should take him to the outer edge of the platform. He has an Altitude ceiling of 1800ft.


**A wooden platform and Ladder? At minimum I should be able to break off a couple steps to use as clubs, or maybe fashion some kind of staff outta railing. Or maybe the closer confines would give me somewhere that Giga and any random other Speedster can't get up their speed. That thing is what? 100ft up? I could still lob for discus' at those on the ground if I had to ...**

If plausible, once he attains height of the Platform, CJ will try and look for materials that would allow him to fashion a heavy (if short) baton/club:
General Repair and Maintenance [100%]: 1d100 = 84
Field Armorer [105%]: 1d100 = 25
Salvage [85%]: 1d100 = 36

He will use his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps.

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20+1 = 16

1-2: Cairo ascends on the Force Disc to the outer edge of the Platform (dodging as necessary).
3-5: Use skills or dodge

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 18

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 15
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 88
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 7

haha, well this is pointless. Halko almost grins as he and Budu trade punches uselessly. When the seven foot tall cyborg with blade arms comes into view Halko's eyes go wide. Oh, then hells with this! Do I keep Budu tied up until the borg can come up and stick him from behind? Naw, better to glue him down and let Budu play with the nasty borg by himself. Halko takes a deep breath and coughs out a number sticky globs at Budu's feet.

Once Halko has Budu's feet sticky globed to the floor, Halko gives Budu a wink and nods his head toward the borg behind Budu. Then he steps back, disengaging from Budu and urges Fsheeme to move, "Go! It'll take him a bit to get free of that and hopefully they can play with each other for a while."

If for some reason Patry bypasses Budu, Halko will cough out a few more sticky globs and try to stick Patry to the floor, or at the very least, create his own sticky trap for Patry as he and Fsheeme move away.

1. Glob Strike Budu's feet: 1d20+3 = 14
2. Glob Strike Budu's feet: 1d20+3 = 17
3. Glob Strike Budu's feet: 1d20+3 = 22
4. move
5. move OR Glob Strike Borg's feet: 1d20+3 = 22
6. move OR Glob Strike Borg's feet: 1d20+3 = 15
7. move OR Glob Strike Borg's feet: 1d20+3 = 15

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 16
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2002
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d20. 4, 5, 8, 10, 18 & 20 are not valid results.

The overhead loudspeaker is silent.



Cairo notes Giga's southern flight then elevates himself up towards the platform. He ducks to avoid a number of spears which rapidly extend out from the walls, and manages to avoid half of them. He gets three stab wounds in the process, but aside from the bleeding, he's able to shrug them off easily enough. He's still forty feet out from the edge of the platform, but as he reaches sufficient elevation to see onto the platform, he realizes that there are a pair of crates resting upon it. As he takes this in, he's struck from behind by a painful blast. Looking back and down towards the floor of the chamber and nearby corrdiors, he sees nothing.

Cairo-7.jpg





Halko absorbs a couple more blows from Budu before he's able to land a glob on the fighter's feet. In that time, the cyborg has closed the distance quickly, and begins to stab at Budu with its extended arm blades, the first strikes home, skewering the side of the feline fighter who yelps out in a tone reminiscent of other, more primitive, feline predators he's heard. Further blows begin to be fought with skill and speed, and the melee begins to get hot. Halko takes off after Fsheeme, but catches sight of a huge, humanoid figure speeding around the corner towards the fighting pair even as he rounds the corner in pursuit of his temporary ally.

Halko-7.jpg
Halko-7.jpg (17.3 KiB) Viewed 7072 times


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -20 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (65 melees); bleeding -3 H.P. per minute.


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 11
Perception Edit [59%]: 1d100 = 25, 1d100 = 44, 1d100 = 21, 1d100 = 54, 1d100 = 97, 1d100 = 28, 1d100 = 91
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 45

H.P.: 227/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (67 melees)], Force Disc

Cairo flits to the Southwest seeking cover behind the Crate in the corner. He will then haul the Crate onto his Force-Disc (enlarging as needed), and raise the lid on the large box, using it as a shield as need be as he hopes to find a Kisentite Club, or something to kill the burning from the poison coursing through his veins ...

What's in the Box? 1d20 = 1

The Arismal will equip whatever he finds if it looks useful then, using Spectrum Vision (Thermal), take a quick look around to see if he can figure out what took a pot-shot at him from behind.

With the 1st Crate (probably), or at minimum its lid as a mobile shield for cover, CJ floats to the 2nd Crate to open.

What's in the Box? 1d20 = 4 invalid, 2nd roll 1d20 = 2

If plausible, and he has not located a weapon, CJ will try and look for materials that would allow him to fashion a heavy (if short) baton/club:

General Repair and Maintenance [100%]:
1d100 = 43
Field Armorer [105%]: 1d100 = 98
Salvage [85%]: 1d100 = 86

If he has a weapon and isn't being attacked, CJ will try some First Aid [55%]: 1d100 = 31 on himself ...
ideally the Med Kit or antidote he hopes is in 1 of the Crates, otherwise probably a sleeve (left).

Until he finds a weapon/shield, CJ will use his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. If he is able to secure a weapon he can use to parry he will.

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 4

1: Get to Corner (& cover)
2: Pull Crate up onto Disc (if under 400lbs), otherwise just Open
3: Look around (Spectrum Vision: Thermal) while moving to 2nd Crate (w/ mobile crate/shield/barrier)
4: Open 2nd Crate
5: Use skills to try and make weapon if he has to. (If weapon has been located, use First Aid on self to try to stop bleeding or poison)

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 20

Parry (+17-1 (assuming something blunt can be located, otherwise deduct 4)): 1d20+16 = 25, 1d20+16 = 32, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 17, 1d20+16 = 24, 1d20+16 = 25

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 18
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am

Percep 49%: 1d100 = 78, 1d100 = 70, 1d100 = 25, 1d100 = 60, 1d100 = 95, 1d100 = 85, 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 54
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 11

Halko takes a deep breath as he and Fsheeme take off, away from the massing fighters. Frak, that's five of the ten fighters all in one spot. I wonder if CJ is getting the same mess?

Halko continues to follow Fsheeme as they make their way down the corridor. He keeps a wary eye on the walls, waiting of the ground level traps to be reactivated. Calling out to Fsheeme, Halko says, "Hopefully Budu and knives will finish each other off. Or maybe that big fella I saw before I rounded the corner will take them both out. Either way, I'm guessing not all of them are going to come out of that pile up." With just the hint of an intersection or corner coming up, Halko says, "Watch the junctions."

1-7. move

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 20
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2002.25
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d20. 1,2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 18, 19 & 20 are not valid results.

The overhead loudspeaker announces in synthesized Pilian "Crate numbers one, two, and nineteen have been opened."



Cairo lands beside one crate, crouching for cover, and finds a vibro-knife inside. He moves on to the second crate in which he finds a flashbang grenade. The materials of the crates are flimsy and useless in and of themselves, but the wooden ladder and structure is seemingly unbreakable. The "wood" is certainly of no origin with which Cairo is familiar. This material is stronger than steel and there are no welding joints in evidence. While the items are potentially useful, he finds himself a bit disappointed that there's no anti-toxin in either crate. Still, he's heartened by the fact that he hasn't received another pot-shot while investigating these crates. Finding a vibro-knife and grenade provides him some flexibility in his options though, so he takes a few moments, tears a sleeve away from his outfit, and uses it to bind his wounds and stop his bleeding.

Cairo acquires the following items:
Code: Select all
[b]Vibro-Knife[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/2017/07/12/20170712155317-0a398006.png[/img]
[size=85]Damage: 2D6+3
Length: 1'
Weight: 1 lb.[/size]

[b]Flashbang Grenade[/b]
[IMG]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/14/20170714231517-8d352eef.png[/IMG]
[size=85]☞ Radius: 10' (double in darkness)
☞ Effect: Blinded for 1D4 melees (-8 to strike, parry, dodge, -1 to initiative and -1 APM)[/size]


Cairo-8.jpg




Halko sprints after the lithe and light-footed Fsheeme. Behind him, he hears a couple rapid explosions, an animalistic roar, the sound of metal groaning under impact, and then sees Budu fly into the arena wall and land in a crumpled heap like a discarded towel. The distant overhead parts and a mechanical claw descends to seize his body and begin extracting it from the arena. He hurriedly continues to pursue Fsheeme with that terrifying image fresh in his mind. "There's a couple intersections ahead!" shouts the alien woman in Pilian.

Halko-8.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -25 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (64 melees)


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:40 am

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 66, 1d100 = 98, 1d100 = 75, 1d100 = 75
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

H.P.: 222/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (65 melees)], Force Disc

CJ hefts his new blade, **A knife, of course, a stupid ass knife ... couldn't fall into my specialties ... well, I guess I could merge it. Maybe later.** Moving along the southern edge of the platform, he drops fairly low to minimize anyone's ability to spot him from the ground and slips the grenade into a pocket. The Pilot steps off of the transport Force Disc and expands it to over 15ft wide, mentally moving it back to the center of the platform while he hugs the and hugs the Western wall, **Now we have a decoy. I'll send this out the Eastern doorway, if anything fires on it, hopefully I can see a point of origin. If not, well I can't keep it up so release once it's through the doorway and around that first corner. Anyone following will think I kicked it into high gear.**

Cairo sets himself as innocuously as possible, then launches the Force Disc mentally off the platform heading north and out of the room through the eastern doorway (watching for reactions and attacks) where out of sight, he lets it vanish. If nothing happens, Cairo will wait a couple extra heartbeats, then steps off the platform to freefall a moment before creating a Force Disc to catch himself ahead of impacting the ground. He then flits North along the Western wall to the Western door. He checks the surrounding intersection, then warily books it North (away from Giga's last heading).

CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 5

1: Get to far side
2: Expand and Send Disc Back
3: Wait ***
4: Drop over side onto new Disc and head out the West Door
5: Check Door intersection & move

*** Contingency: If some Opponent is spotted headed after the decoy Disc, CJ Launches a Force Discus @ on of his/her knees from behind [-1 EP] Crit, (5d6+5)*2 = 54

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 24

Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 16

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 28
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:19 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 24, 1d100 = 36, 1d100 = 85, 1d100 = 91, 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 84, 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 44
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 3

Halko shouts back to Fsheeme, "Turn here. Budu's down. Best we get out of sight before Knives rounds the corner behind us." When he gets there, Halko takes the first left turn, heading north, as he follows after Fsheeme. Where the frak is Cairo? Budu went down in a heap and he had powers somewhat like mine. Frak, I'm liking this fight less and less as it goes. He gives a nervous chuckle as he runs, "Maybe knives and the big guy will go at each other now."

Other than that, Halko runs and tries to find a good spot for an ambush, where he can become the hunter and not the hunted.

1-7. move

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 12
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2002.5
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d10 from this point forward. A roll of 2 is invalid.

The overhead loudspeaker announces in synthesized Pilian "Half of the crates have now been opened. Correction: 11 of 20 crates have been opened."

Concealed loudspeakers in the ceiling high overhead broadcast some dispiriting news in a raucous tone of mixed laughter and bloodthirsty amusement. "Dear viewers and combatants, over half of the item crates have been discovered by our combatants, and in an unsuspected upset, bookie-favorite Budu Sh'Yeenen of House Mioro has been taken out early! It seems one of the new combatants' disabling powers enabled the Aborean Annihilator to devastate her with one blow! Meanwhile, two of our combatants are using more subtle and covert means to gain advantages. Giga's taken some hits in acquiring items, but the odds-makers aren't favoring her now given what she's found, and the two new combatants are showing remarkable resiliency and resourcefulness in this, their first ever match, and are slowly climbing the odds rankings. What a wild fight, gentle beings! No wonder ratings are through the roof!"



CJ hefts his new blade and moves along the southern edge of the platform and pockets the grenade. Cairo reforms and launches his force disc north and out of the room through the eastern doorway. When out of sight, it vanishes. Nothing appears to result as a consequence of such. After a tense moment, he steps off the platform and falls a moment before catching himself atop a new force disc. He then coasts to the western intersection and, creeping forward, checks the surrounding intersection.

Cairo-9.jpg



Halko shouts back to Fsheeme, "Turn here. Budu's down. Best we get out of sight before Knives rounds the corner behind us." She tucks left at the very first corner. Hot on her heels, Halko takes the first left turn after her. "Maybe knives and the big guy will go at each other now," he calls out after her.

"Patry's hard as nails; don't bet on it!" she shouts back as she runs. Behind him, Halko catches sight of the cyborg running at insane speeds through their intersection heading east, passing them entirely. As Halko's attention is suddenly drawn to the chamber before him, he sees a glowing altar with three crates spaced around on the dais below the altar. It's definitely a miraculous boon, but the smashed open remains of the crate on the northwest corner of the dais gives him a bad feeling about all of this...and he thinks he hears a mumbled voice coming from somewhere nearby.

Halko-9.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -30 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (63 melees)


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 9, 1d100 = 25, 1d100 = 87, 1d100 = 59, 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 48, 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 33
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 8

When he hear the announcer, Halko's brows furrow. Disabling powers, does he mean someone has power negation abilities? Was it that huge humanoid that came up behind Patry? Is that why Budu went down so quick after we traded punches to no effect? Frak Frak FRAK!!!

Seeing Patry run past the turn they took, Halko gives a slight grin and tell Fsheeme, "Patry passed us by." When he turns around and sees the glowing altar with three crates, he's a bit surprised until he sees the broken crate and thinks he hears some mumbling. Tapping Fsheeme with the butt of the stunner rifle, Halko hands the weapon over as he holds a finger up to his mouth in the universal sign to be quiet then he taps his ear. Signaling that he hears something, Halko motions Fsheeme to circle around the altar to the west then north.

Then he moves in, toward the altar and the crate on the southwest side. Hoping he can get to the crate before whatever this trap is, is sprung, Halko thinks, I shouldn't be taking this risk. There's no telling what Fsheeme will do if something happens to me. Though I doubt she can hurt me with that rifle. I guess that's a good test to see if she lives up to her word. Regardless, something's not quite right here.

If he makes it to the crate, Halko will pull the lid and see what's inside (1d10 = 10), unless he sees something that might make him pause.

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 17
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 54
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74

H.P.: 217/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (65 melees)], Force Disc

Not spotting anything immediately interesting, CJ launches further North in search of opponents and opportunity. He will stop if he spots any additional Crates
(1d10 = 1) or unique architectural elements (ladders etc.).

CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 11

1-5: Go North until something interesting presents? (Dodge/Defend as described) ***

*** Contingency: If some Opponent is spotted CJ Launches a Force Discus @ on of his/her knees from behind [-1 EP] Crit, (5d6+5)*2 = 44

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 33, 1d20+14 = 22

Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 28

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 19,
1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 21
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2002.75
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d10 from this point forward. A roll of 2, 6 & 10 is invalid.

The overhead loudspeaker announces in synthesized Pilian "Twelve of twenty crates have been opened."



Not spotting anything immediately interesting at the intersection, CJ heads north in search of opponents and opportunity, but finds only a dead-end.
Cairo-10.jpg




Halko tells Fsheeme, "Patry passed us by." Tapping Fsheeme with the butt of the stunner rifle, Halko hands the weapon over and holds a finger up to his mouth in the universal sign to be quiet then he taps his ear. Halko motions Fsheeme to circle around the altar to the west then north. She moves like lightning in a counter-clockwise circle until she reaches the crate on the opposite end. As she moves to her crate, he moves toward the crate to the southwest of the altar uneasy about the whole situation. Halko pulls the lid open to find a blunt weapon staring at him. He quickly looks up to see Fsheeme with the stunner rifle in one hand, and an assault rifle of some sort in her other. She has them both drawn and covering an arc in front of her. Halko's not slow to notice that he's in that arc. He still hears the faint mumbling, clicking, voice-like sound to his right.

Fsheeme now has the stunner, but Halko now has this:
Code: Select all
[b]Morning Star[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/12/20170712155733-ce512e11.png[/img]
[size=85]• One-handed
• Damage: 2D10[/size]


Halko-10.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -35 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (62 melees)


GM NOTE:
Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 18, 1d100 = 35, 1d100 = 27, 1d100 = 83, 1d100 = 19, 1d100 = 85, 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 39
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 20

Open crate roll: 1d10 = 3

Halko cocks an eye brow at Fsheeme when he sees both rifles pointed his way. Well, she hasn't fired yet. Best move and see if she tracks me with them. He quickly moves off to his right, going for the last crate and to see if Fsheeme is actively targeting him. Along the way he looks for what is making that noise but he is really more concerned with getting to the last crate and seeing if Fsheeme is going to try and gun him down. Okay Halko, After this crate, take off to the north. IF Fsheeme starts shooting at you, clobber her on the way.

If Halko spots Patry coming up behind him, Halko will skip doing anything else and do an explosive leap to the north over Fsheeme, aiming for the north corridor out of this room.

If Fsheeme starts shooting at him, Halko will charge her down and try to land a solid explosive punch to the woman.

1. move
2. move
3. move
4. move OR explosive punch strike 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: 6d6 = 14
5. move OR explosive punch strike 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: 6d6 = 23
6. move OR explosive punch strike 1d20+3 = 16 Dmg: 6d6 = 15
7. move OR explosive punch strike 1d20+3 = 20 Dmg: 6d6 = 24


If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 15
Last edited by Halko on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 13
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 96

H.P.: 212/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (65 melees)], Force Disc

**Pffffft why am I not surprised? ... ** The Pilot will scan the 'dead end' with his thermal and ultraviolet vision (anything interesting leaving tracks?), then pulls his flash grenade so that his thumb is threaded through the pin and he can strike with it in his offhand while still comfortably holding his knife. He spins to head back south until he runs into the first intersection, pauses to check the intersection, then bears Westward in search of others. Cairo will stop if he spots any additional Crates ( 1d10 = 4 ) or unique architectural elements (ladders etc.).

If Cairo spots Giga coming back at him, he accelerates to 80 MPH to intercept her with a lightning fast blade ...

CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 12

1-2: Look Around w Spectrum Vision.
3-5: Pull Grenade and head South (maybe slash at opponent who presents), 1d20+9 = 24 to Strike, 3d6+32 = 39+2d6+3 = 10+16=65 damage

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 20

Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 30

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 19
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2003.0
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Incredibly Dense Fog:
    • Movement: Safe travel is slowed to a crawl. On foot, a safe speed is 10 or less (interpret this as standard walking/light jog speed), and even then there is a 30% chance of tripping over something every 30 feet or so. A completely safe speed is 3. Running faster than a speed of 10 is hazardous, with a 60% likelihood of falling every 30 feet of travel. All sense of direction is lost. Traveling faster than 25 mph is certain disaster, with an 85% likelihood of running into a wall. Roll for every 600 feet. Flight is impossible.
    • The fog adds a +20% to prowl skills.
    • Long-range combat and gunfights are extremely difficult. All such attacks, including ranged magic and psychic attacks, are -5 to strike and opponents are +2 to dodge each other's attacks.
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts, but almost totally obscured by the fog)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d10 from this point forward. A roll of 2, 6 & 10 is invalid.

The overhead loudspeaker announces in synthesized Pilian "Thirteen of twenty crates have been opened."

An incredibly dense fog suddenly manifests all at once and seemingly everywhere. The fog is so thick that a person can see clearly for four feet and see only blurred, shadowy figures and shapes for about another ten feet. Anything beyond ten feet is totally obscured by fog.



Cairo scans the 'dead end' in the ultraviolet and infrared spectrum. There are no ambient sources of either. As there's nothing of interest in the dead-end, he pulls his flash grenade, spins, and heads back south to the intersection. He pauses in flight at a propitious moment as an incredibly dense fog suddenly manifests all at once and seemingly everywhere. The fog is so thick that he can see clearly for four feet and see only blurred, shadowy figures and shapes for about another ten feet. Anything beyond ten feet is totally obscured by fog.

GM NOTE: Spectrum vision clearly does not include "thermal"; there is no "thermal" electromagnetic band. (This is actually a sub-type of infrared.) And while "infrared" is indeed on the EM spectrum, this means you can see sources of infrared radiation (useful as IR is used in many devices--especially scopes). Because you can see the IR spectrum doesn't mean your eyes have the means (technology) to translate all that information into what amounts to an awesome heat-map image of everything. And the power pretty clearly implies its specific utility; you've been inferring greater utility than is described. And yes, I have posted this to the appropriate thread. Also, the link on your character sheet was invalid. I re-linked it to an EM chart.

Cairo-11.jpg
Cairo-11.jpg (9.32 KiB) Viewed 6608 times



Halko cocks an eye brow at Fsheeme when he sees both rifles pointed his way. He quickly moves to the crate to his right. Fsheeme sweeps both the guns in an arc before her. "I know you're here, damnit! I can hear you! Come out and fight!" She yells in a frustrated challenge. He hears a slight but audible 'pop' from behind him as he's facing west, and an incredibly dense fog suddenly manifests all at once and seemingly everywhere. The fog is so thick that he can see clearly for four feet and see only blurred, shadowy figures and shapes for about another ten feet. Anything beyond ten feet is totally obscured by fog. Halko hears footsteps move hurriedly behind him. Halko stumbles over the crate, smashing it, and discovers a pistol within the the crate's flimsy ruins.

Halko now has this:
Code: Select all
[b]Galactic Standard Light Stunner Pistol[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/14/20170714231822-9de22359.png[/img]
[size=85]Range: 40'
Damage: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -4 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge.
Duration: 1D6 melee rounds.
Payload: 12 shot e-clip.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
Dimensions: 7" long, 2 lbs.[/size]


Halko-11.jpg
Halko-11.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 6608 times


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -40 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (61 melees)


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 29
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 96

H.P.: 202/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (61 melees)], Force Disc

As the Fog erupts around him, CJ rolls his eyes and shifts his vision to IR spectrum to look for sources of heat [95 FT] and listening intently, **I suppose I no longer need the Shadow Cloak in this cloaking mist, however they could just as easily drop it and make things dark again on a half-cocked-craptastic-whim. If I were actually one of those Kassan with the Shadow-Manipulation powers, I could just set up a nice dark corner and wait for opponents to tumble into it. Most gods throw dice so occassionally you have a chance, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along, and he started the game 5 moves before you ... frakker. Fine. Why not?** With that, Cairo's shadow cloak melts away into the ether, and he begins to glide West, if he encounters an enemy, he will unleash on them with lethal intent [Death Blow which I believe works out to [2*(3d6+(2d6+3))+32] to HP].

Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 47 -- to move wraith-silently through the Mist
Navigation [125%]: 1d100 = 83 -- to try and figure out position in relation to starting area

CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 7

1: Spectrum Vision: IR/Thermal [95ft (for tech-dense environment)].
2-5: Move ***

*** Contingency: If an enemy comes/or can be placed within melee range, Cairo will seek to jam his Vibro-blade into them. Death Blow (2 APM, Straight to HP). 1d20+11 = 17 to Strike. 10d6+38 = 68 to HP.

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 15

Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 18 , 1d20+12 = 22 , 1d20+12 = 17 , 1d20+12 = 22 , 1d20+12 = 16 , 1d20+12 = 13

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 12

*** Roll w Punch: 1d20+5 = 21 (IF Giga appears for a High Speed attack ...)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 2, 1d100 = 58, 1d100 = 74, 1d100 = 93, 1d100 = 69, 1d100 = 51, 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 48
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 8

Prowl: 70%=1d100 = 88

Halko picks up the stunner pistol and cusses to himself as the fog sets in. Frak!, This is just great. I wish I had thermal vision or some crap that would help with this mess. Best just to stay quiet then. Too many other lurking around for it to be a good idea to call out to Fsheeme.

Using the alter as a reference point, Halko turns and moves slowly and quietly to ward the north, or what he thinks is the north. Sounds like Fsheeme is looking for someone, not me. She may still be good for our pact.

Halko keeps moving slowly to the north until he comes up on the wall, at which point he will turn west and make for the other corridor out of this room, hoping to come across Fsheeme on his way. He keeps both newly found weapons, one in each hand, ready just in case one of the other combatants should stumble across him. How are the spectators even watching us. Maybe this unnatural fog is something else entirely and not picked up by the cameras.

1. move
2. move
3. move
4. move
5. move
6. move
7. move


If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 10
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Incredibly Dense Fog:
    • Movement: Safe travel is slowed to a crawl. On foot, a safe speed is 10 or less (interpret this as standard walking/light jog speed), and even then there is a 30% chance of tripping over something every 30 feet or so. A completely safe speed is 3. Running faster than a speed of 10 is hazardous, with a 60% likelihood of falling every 30 feet of travel. All sense of direction is lost. Traveling faster than 25 mph is certain disaster, with an 85% likelihood of running into a wall. Roll for every 600 feet. Flight is impossible.
    • The fog adds a +20% to prowl skills.
    • Long-range combat and gunfights are extremely difficult. All such attacks, including ranged magic and psychic attacks, are -5 to strike and opponents are +2 to dodge each other's attacks.
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts, but almost totally obscured by the fog)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.

Note to self: Advance Cairo a round further west in next post.

The synthesized voice is silent, but concealed loudspeakers in the ceiling high overhead broadcast the ire of the announcer in anger-laced Pilian. "What is this? Trying to deprive the viewers of a good show? I think not! House Mioro should know better than to use magic which takes away from the enjoyment of the viewers!"



As the Fog manifests suddenly around him, CJ rolls his eyes and shifts his vision to the infrared. There are organically twisted striations of infrared radiation emanating from along the walls which correspond to the now-dormant vines, but everything else is quiescent. Considering his environment, he lets his shadow cloak dissipate. He then begins to move silently through the enshrouding mist in a generally western direction and, considering where he's been, and how he's traveled, surmises that he's likely somewhat north of the ladder, and thus in the center of the chamber within which it was positioned. Very faintly, he hears inscrutable words being shouted coming from a generally westerly direction. Fighting through the nausea and pain, he keeps moving west.

Cairo-12.jpg
Cairo-12.jpg (3.2 KiB) Viewed 6432 times



Halko creeps forward, tripping over the steps of the altar a number of times on his way...north...he thinks it's north anyway. It was damned hard to discern direction within the maze even without the blasted fog. As he discovers a spike and vine encrusted wall a few feet from his nose, he's struck from behind in the head with a blunt object. It doesn't harm him of course, but turning his head, he sees no one who could have landed the blow. Suddenly, he hears a roar of frustrated anger followed by a voice in deep, growling Pilian. "Cowards! Quit hiding in the mists and show yourself! Give the audience a good show! You only delay the inevitable and bring shame upon your house!" The angry voice is clearly to Halko's south some distance. With his keen Arismal hearing, he then hears as a blast of ultrasonic waves is unleashed from the north. It's only barely perceptible within his range of hearing, but just the sound of the blast makes his head ache.

Halko-12.jpg
Halko-12.jpg (3.43 KiB) Viewed 6432 times


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -45 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (60 melees)


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 pm

OOC: CJ was previously taken out the Eastern door instead of the Western door of the ladder area, so I am hoping to have him quickly explore North of that Western exit en route to ... wherever the voices he hears are.

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 5
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 23

H.P.: 197/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (60 melees)], Force Disc, Spectrum Vision (IR/Thermal, 95ft)

CJ heads warily if silently West at ~15 mph (15mph = 22ft/sec = 1 square) towards the sounds of other contestants, banking North (?) through the Mist as he searches for unknown quarry. [Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 13 // Navigation [125%]: 1d100 = 42 ]

** If the fog goes away or otherwise dissipates (barring new conditions that make it unsafe), he will accelerate to ~30mph.

If he encounters an enemy, he will unleash on them with lethal intent [Death Blow which I believe works out to [2*(3d6+(2d6+3))+32] to HP].

CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 6

1-5: Move ***

*** Contingency: If an enemy comes/or can be placed within melee range, Cairo will seek to jam his Vibro-blade into them. Death Blow (2 APM, Straight to HP). 1d20+11 = 24 to Strike, 10d6+38 = 79 to HP.

Dodge (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 33, 1d20+14 = 30

Parry (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 13

Autododge (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 10

*** Contingency -- Roll w Punch: 1d20+5 = 9 (IF Giga appears for a High Speed attack and he can't successfully dodge ...)

*** Contingency -- If he runs across a Crate, Cairo will open it. 1d6 = 1
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 58, 1d100 = 90, 1d100 = 76, 1d100 = 77, 1d100 = 52, 1d100 = 94, 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 88
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 20

Prowl: 70%=1d100 = 11

Ha, someone's being sneaky and its not the fight promoter Halko thinks as he hears the announcer. With the pistol in one hand and morning star in the other, Halko smiles when he find what he believes is the north wall. When someone clocks him in the head, he thinks, Frak, someone else is being sneaky too. Fine, next time I'll fall like a sack of bricks and try to draw him in.

Hearing the angry voice off to the south and what he assumes is Fsheeme shooting at it, Halko furrows his brows and tips his head as the sonic blast produces a headache. Glancing down at his own stunner pistol he wonders if it will have the same effect on him.

Turning to the left, Halko keeps the vive encrusted wall on his right as he tries to make his way to the passage north of here and out of this blasted fog.


If Halko is struck again, he will fall to the ground in hopes to draw the attacker in.

If this gives him a view of the attacker or if he comes across anyone but Fsheeme and Cario, Halko will fire the stunner pistol at them.

1. move
2. move
3. move
4. move OR Strike 1d20 = 2 Dmg: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -4 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. 1d6 = 3 rounds
5. move OR Strike 1d20 = 15 Dmg: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -4 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. 1d6 = 1 rounds
6. move OR Strike 1d20 = 18 Dmg: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -4 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. 1d6 = 1 rounds
7. move OR Strike 1d20 = 12 Dmg: Victims must save vs non-lethal poison or suffer -4 on initiative. and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge. 1d6 = 3 rounds


If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 18
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006.25
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.


The synthesized voice is silent, but concealed loudspeakers in the ceiling high overhead broadcast the smug satisfaction of the announcer in Pilian. "Never let it be said that the Bloodsport Hippodrome doesn't put its customers first!" A moment or two later, the pervasive and obfuscating fog vanishes as instantly as it materialized.



CJ heads west on his disc at what seems to him a reasonable pace given the environmental conditions and makes unreasonably lucky progress without colliding into a wall in the fog. He's beginning to feel a bit of self-satisfaction when the fog suddenly lifts after the announcer's little speech. Heading further west, then north when his path reaches an intersection, he begins to hear sounds of battle in the distance to the west. The sounds of gunfire especially grab his attention.

Cairo-13.jpg




The fog lifts and pandemonium erupts all about Halko. Giga bursts into the chamber with Patry close on her heels. He manages to land two slashes into the back and side of the armor she's wearing which she counters with a half dozen shots from a revolver she has in one hand. She then throws the revolver at him and bursts like greased lightning out of his reach. Lightning seems to erupt from out of nowhere and strikes Patry as well as the giant rushing towards Halko from the south. The brick of a man is as wide as he is tall. He seems to just shrug off the blast of lightning as he lands a terrific punch to Halko's chest that startles the big guy as Halko isn't even moved by the blow. Halko unleashes a blast at each of the combatants, and two at the huge brick, but either his aim is poor, or the combatants ridiculously conscious of the battlescape, and nobody gets stunned. The big guy leaps back sixty feet as quick as a grasshopper with a suddenly confused look on his face.
(108 damage of kinetic energy absorbed) Just when it seemed it couldn't get any more chaotic, Patry's form arches forward in a bow of obvious and exquisite pain despite the fact that his body is that of a cyborg. Halko feels a gun barrel rest on his shoulder for a split second as the voice of Fsheeme sounds from near behind him. "The shit has really hit the fan here. Suggest we withdraw--fast."

Halko-13.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -50 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (59 melees)


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 2
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 90

With the restoration of regular lighting, Cairo shifts over to regular vision. Finding himself at a T-Intersection, CJ silently [Prowl [95%]: 1d100 = 44 ] glides West at ~30mph towards the sound of weapons fire, taking the first turn to the South.

Note: CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from Giga, other opponents who appear, or for Traps. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-3): 1d20 = 15

Actions 1-5: Move

Contingency 1: If he encounters Giga or Patry, Cairo will seek to jam his Vibro-blade into them. Death Blow (2 APM, Straight to HP). 1d20+11 = 19 to Strike, (2*3d6)+32 = 62 to HP
Contingency 2: Roll w Punch: 1d20+5 = 9 (IF Giga appears for a High Speed attack and he can't successfully dodge ...)
Contingency 3: If he runs into a dead end, CJ will return to the immediately prior hallway, and move further West until he reaches another intersection, heading towards the sound of other combatants.
Contingency 4: If he runs across a Crate, Cairo will open it. 1d6 = 6 ))

Dodges (+13-1+2): 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 23
Parries (+13-1): 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 20
Autododges (+9-1): 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 22

Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (59 melees)]
Force Disc
H.P.: 192/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:13 am

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 51, 1d100 = 82, 1d100 = 26, 1d100 = 16, 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 38
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 12

Halko nods to Fsheeme as he fires the full force of G'Aric's punch right back at the man. Then he turns his head a bit and coughs out a glob of sticky crud at Giga. "Yeah, grand melee isn't going to work out well." He sticks with his plan to let the other fighters thin out the ranks, especially since he's taken so much damage from the spear traps, and back peddles a few steps before hurrying north and out of the room filled with quite possibly six of the total combatants in the game. At the junction, Halko turns east and says, "Something wasn't quite right in that room. Did you hear that breathing?" just before slowing to cough two sticky globs in the center of the hall in hopes that anyone in pursuit would get stuck in the trap. As he continues he thinks, What the frak good is this stupid stunner pistol if it doesn't effect anyone. He decides the morning star is the way to go if anyone gets close, as he looks for a corner to duck into so he and Fsheeme won't be spotted by anyone in chasing them.


1. G'Aric re-channel strike: 1d20+2 = 20 Dmg: 108
2. Giga Goo strike: 1d20+3 = 5
3. move
4. move OR morning star Strike 1d20+2 = 12 Dmg: 2d10 = 15
5. move OR morning star Strike 1d20+2 = 4 Dmg: 2d10 = 14
6. Sticky glob hall
7. Sticky glob hall


If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 8
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006.25
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.

Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.

Patry whips around with lightning speed to face whatever hurt him so. Giga doesn't waste this opportunity and unloads a double-barreled blast from the shotgun she still has in hand into Patry's side. A modern staff clatters to the arena floor to the northwest of the strange altar. Cairo shifts his vision to the visible light spectrum. G'Aric suddenly bellows a roar and dashes with lightning speed to the west and delivers a punch seemingly into mid-air. A Danaus wielding a sword suddenly appears staggering backward from G'Aric's blow. Halko nods to Fsheeme and grits his teeth as the opportunity to return G'Aric's punch expires with the huge freak's swift attack on the insectoid alien who, it seems, had been invisible. Fsheeme, toting a sizable rifle in each hand as though well-practiced in such unorthodox weapons handling, leaps back into the northern passage and opens fire at G'Aric. He doesn't even look in her direction as he easily evades her aim. Patry shudders again as some sort of pain wracks him once again.

Patry sprays some form of substance from the baffles in his face where a normal person's cheeks would be. The spray causes an Elecian to appear, staggering and clawing at his face with his one free hand. In his other hand is a very exotic looking handgun. Switching tactics for the moment, almost certainly out of expediency, Giga dashes forward and lends a hand to her competitor and fellow house member by delivering a high-speed punch to Kraekyo of House Dandal. A strange aura seems to shimmer as she punches him and absorbs the impact. Phallou, not so easily dispatched even by a giant freak, mutters a few quick words, and a blinding flash of light bursts into brilliant existence right in front of G'Aric's face. Finding himself at a T-intersection, Cairo glides quietly westward towards the sound of weapons fire, and takes the first turn to the South. G'Aric seems not to be bothered in the slightest, and responds only by pulling one fist slyly back far behind his waist. An unattached observer would easily recognize this as winding up for a big sucker punch. Halko then turns his head a bit and coughs out a glob of sticky crud at Giga, but the speedster Atorian is way too nimble and aware of the situation to be so easily snared. Fsheeme of House Ytedon switches targets and sends a stunner blast downrange at Patry, Giga, and Kraekyo, clearly not caring which target gets hit....and not hitting any of the three as her aim is too high. Kraekyo fires blindly in front of him with his pistol, but Patry still has his vision, and dodges the blind fire.

Patry's long forearm blades slash out and cause more ripples against the shimmering aura surround the Elecian. Giga delivers a lightning-fast karate punch to the Elecian, causing a huge ripple across Kraekyo's protective aura. Phallou plants his feet, quickly chants, and suddenly there are four of him standing before G'Aric. Cairo rounds the corner and enters a dead end. G'Aric and smashes his sucker punch at the insectoid target he thinks is the right one. Phallou's naturally armored thorax literally caves in like a cheap beer can from the impact. His body goes flying and crashes in a heap against the western wall that had been behind him. "Yeah, grand melee isn't going to work out well." Halko calls out to Fsheeme. He back-peddles a few steps before hurrying north and out of the room. Fsheeme stumbles backward in shock after seeing what just happened to Phallou. Kraekyo sweeps his free hand in front of him and a crackling blue-white beam erupts from the palm of his hand. Patry is forced to dodge the blast as it looks absolutely devastating.

Patry and Giga briefly exchange words and Patry turns north in a bionically augmented rush of speed. Giga lands another ripple-causing blow to the Elecian's field. Phallou's broken form doesn't stir. Cairo backs up, and turns back toward the west. G'Aric dashes toward the onrushing Patry and attempts to crush him with a single blow, but the bionic being parries the fist with a metallic inside arm. He repeats the attempt with, once again, the same result. At the junction, Halko turns east and yells over his shoudler at Fsheeme, "Something wasn't quite right in that room. Did you hear that breathing?" Fsheeme, back-stepping quickly until she turns to run north, she calls back, "Yeah. It was Phallou using magic. G'Aric just broke him in half." Kraekyo lets loose another blue-white blast of blind-fire, but it's not even in Giga's general direction.

Patry takes a tactical risk and opens himself up for a split second as he sprays a chemical burst in G'Aric's face. The huge freak's sinister grin doesn't falter. Giga lands another devatsting blow to the blinded Elecian, and it's finally too much. He kneels and throws his hands up in submission, yelling in Pillian, "I yield!" A huge, robotic claw begins to descend from the ceiling to recover Phallou, and simultaneously another begins to descend for Kraekyo. Cairo continues west another 150' or so and nearly runs headlong into Halko. He ducks to one side and sails past Halko a few feet before coming to a stop and spinning to face his fellow Arismal. To the south is a woman wielding two rifles who's rushing towards him. G'Aric finally lands a heavy blow to Patry's torso, and the cyborg's mechanical body buckles under the impact pressure. A synthesized voice calls out from his broken form, "I, too, yield! Damn you, Giga, wreck this bastard!" A steady stream of profanity follows suit as he assesses the expensive damage to his artificial body. Some figure blurs by Halko just beyond his peripheral vision. Fsheeme lets loose a burst from one rifle and a blast of some form from the other at Cairo whose instincts prevail and he's able to duck the paired blasts.

Giga calls out in reply to the ascending Patry, "Sentiment is for the week! Revenge yourself!" She then explodes into action, running at incredible speed northwest and into a side passage. G'Aric coils like a spring then leaps at Fsheeme who's well over a hundred feet away. She's no fool to truly turn her back on a powerful and ruthless enemy though, and has the presence of mind to duck his body as he uses his colossal form as a projectile. Halko slows and coughs a sticky glob in the center of the hall where he was just standing--right in front of where the huge freak is now standing. Fsheeme tucks and rolls backward, getting out of melee range of G'Aric's side-of-meat-sized fists, and sends a double blast at him and Cairo both while in mid-roll. The freak ducks the burst of bullets from the assault rifle, but Cairo is not so lucky. He catches a blast in his face from her other rifle. He's had this experience before. The woman not only has an assault rifle, she also has a stunner...just like those guards back at the morgue. He suddenly feels even more terrible.

Giga bursts into the passage with Fsheeme, at Fsheeme, at high speed. Fsheeme dodges to one side in the nick of time, but sadly loses ground between herself and G'Aric in the process. G'Aric eyes the field for a split second and acts. He lashes out with a fist at Cairo who just manages to parry the blow, but immediately regrets it. Had he not been stunned, he'd still regret it; his arm aches bone-deep from the contact, and had he not been stunned, he'd have parried the blow more easily. He's feeling incredibly sluggish, achy, and nauseous. G'Aric's huge, but he's not slow. Even as Cairo's mind is processing the pain of parrying the first punch, another's already leveled at his face. Again he manages to parry the blow, this time with his other arm, and now both of his arms feel as though they might actually frakking break if he tries using them as parrying batons. Halko slows and coughs another sticky glob in the center of the hall near the giant's feet, seeing Cairo over the freak's squat but huge form as his eyes look west. Fsheeme dashes west into the passage just used by Giga, and tries to punish the speedster with paired blasts from her rifles. The paired blasts are easily dodged by the smirking Atorian. "Always too slow, Fsheeme!" the brushtop taunts.

Giga dashes in to bash in the side of Fsheeme's head with the stock of her shotgun, but the other woman gets to taunt her in reply as she executes a perfect twin forearm guarding block in response. "Fast feet, Giga, but always two steps behind," Fsheeme retorts with a huge grin. With his free hand (in his other he holds a pistol of some sort) G'Aric seizes Halko by the front of his shirt with a fist the size of Halko's entire head. G'Aric then twists his body with enormous force as if to hurl Halko bodily. Halko's shirt rips entirely free of his upper body and G'Aric swings the torn fabric at Cairo on his force disc. The look on G'Aric's face from Cairo's vantage is priceless.

Grand-Melee-14.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.;
Cairo: -55 H.P., -455 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (58 melees); Stunned: -6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (6 melees)


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 48, 1d100 = 26, 1d100 = 64, 1d100 = 18, 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 75, 1d100 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 49
Attacks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 9

With G'Aric's back to him, Halko attempts to glue G'Aric to the floor with a glop of goop. Then Halko opens up with a series of explosive punches on the beast of a man. Grinning as the other man has ripped off his shirt, Halko taunts, "I didn't know it was this kind of a fight?" He tries to wink past G'Aric at Cairo and shouts, "You holding up okay?" to his fellow Arismal.

G'Aric being the tank that he is, Halko goes back to just trying to incapacitate the man by covering him in goop and coughs out another couple of globs at the squat fellow.

If G'Aric goes down or is incapacitated, or if Giga is somehow able to impose herself, Halko will switch his target to her in an attempt to end the fight.


1. Goop G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 10
2. Explosive punch G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 15 Dmg: 6d6 = 19
3. Explosive punch G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 Dmg: 6d6 = 26
4. Explosive punch G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 6d6 = 28
5. Explosive punch G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: 6d6 = 25
6. Goop G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 4
7. Goop G'Aric Strike: 1d20+3 = 13


If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 10
Last edited by Halko on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 56
JiC D20: EP Crit Tired of Failing these
JiC D100: 1d100 = 51

CJ 's arms feel leaden, and probably damn broken or something like it under the assault this brute has dealt out but he calls out to Halko as the Giant waves his friend's shirt around, "This is why you can't have nice things." Hefting his blade Xanreys muses to himself, Time to see if this bastard bleeds, and lunges to slash into the Man-Mountain's throat [EP Slash]. The Pilot twists the handle as as he pulls it back (hopefully out of an open wound). Cairo then lines up to deliver a hook into the juggernaut's Liver/ribs [EP Punch] to hopefully put him down if the throat thing was unsuccessful. He answers Halko with feigned confidence, “Getting by. Just another day in Paradise”

StickemHalkoStickemHalkoStickemHalko ... If this doesn't work I may need to take this frakker for a run. Let Halko work on the others maybe I could keep this guy chasing long enough to bleed out ... damn damn damn my arms hurt. He Stabs one last time (Death Blow) with lethal intent because Cairo knows its unlikely he can maintain a lengthy dance with this behemoth. If G'Aric is still up and unrestrained, CJ bursts East, over or around the fellow to lead him away (at ~40mph unless the guy seems to be keeping up easily, then CJ will retrace his way back to the elevated platform moving at 60+ mph (whatever it takes to maintain some distance)) but taunts in progress, "Come on Tiny, come see if you can finish me off ..."

Note: CJ will use up to 2 of his attacks to affirmatively Dodge anything from G'Aric or Giga. Otherwise he will parry with his new weapon as best he can (until those are used up or unless something can't be parried, then he will fall back on Auto-dodge).

Contingency 1. If G’Aric flees, CJ will not give chase (or use his EP strikes) but will peak south into the room where all the gunfire was occurring to see current status, and any remaining weapons (and will grab up the Staff if available)

Contingency 2. If G’Aric gets Stuck in place by Halko, CJ will (after his EP strikes) fly round the Corner and south into the Melee room. There he will grab up the Staff if it is readily apparent.

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-9): 1d20-5 = 7

1) Slash G'Aric in the throat [EP Strike] (3d6+32)*2 = 88 damage
2) Hook to the Liver [EP Strike+] (3d6+32)*2 = 96 damage + Knockout for 1d6 = 3 Rounds
3-4) Death-Blow Stab 1d20+8 = 25 to Strike, (3d6*2)+32 = 50 damage to HP if G’Aric is still conscious
5) Create some distance from G’Aric if he’s still conscious


Contingency 1st Dodge for G'Aric (+13-4+2): EP Dodge 1st Attack by G'Aric.
** Other Dodges: 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 17

Parries (+13-4): 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 12

Autododges (+9-4): 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 19

RwP as Needed: 1d20+5 = 21

Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (58 melees)]
Stunned [-6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (6 melees)]
Force Disc
H.P.: 192/247
S.D.C.: 895/1350
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006.5
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.
Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.

Flitting in and out of their line of sight, Giga and Fsheeme do their solid best to beat each other to a pulp. The action is crazy-intense and mind-bogglingly fast-paced, but neither submits to the other. By the end of the furious exchange, Giga's armor is a total wreck and she's a bit battered, and Fsheeme is sporting a glancing shotgun wound to one shoulder, and is a bit battered herself.

Halko, shirtless, taunts G'Aric, "I didn't know it was this kind of a fight." Standing between the two Arismal and facing neither, G'Aric dashes out one ham-sized fist with lightning rapidity and grabs Halko by one arm despite the Arismal's efforts to evade him. G'Aric then uses Halko like a large, meat-based club and swings him at Cairo who makes a stunning evasive move, easily sidestepping the impending blow. (Nat20 auto-dodge) Halko tries to gum up the works with a coughed up sticky glob, but being flung about like he is spoils his aim badly and all he manages is to splatter a high up section of wall. Cairo slashes G'Aric in the throat with his vibro-knife, and quickly regrets it as he's frakking covered in a huge gout of the man's blood. The blood sizzles and pops as it spatters across Cairo's skin, burning like hell. The blow staggers the brute though, and he's a little more wary in his posture, and his face a bit less sadistically gleeful.

G'Aric swings his Halko-bat at Cairo for the fences once again, and this time connects. Halko feels the jarring impact as his body bashes against his teammate, but, as usual, it doesn't harm him in the slightest. His target on the other hand, Cairo, is knocked off of his disc and back nearly sixty feet from the force of the wrecking ball impact. With his free arm Halko lands an explosive punch against G'Aric's midsection, earning him a grunt from the bizarre man. Cairo gets back to his feet sluggishly, feeling no better for the uncomfortable chest-bump from his buddy.

G'Aric rushes Cairo's position, Halko in front of him as a living shield, at incredible speed. Clearly the man (?) is not a blur of motion like Giga, but he's damned fast for a bulldozer. Cairo, perhaps momentarily puzzled by the image of Halko seemingly flying towards him at speed, uncharacteristically doesn't react in time and feels yet another impact with Halko as the intermediary. It feels as though he's been hit by a muscle-bound Arismal maglev. This impact is followed by a hideous spray of some hideous smelling chemical (butylmercaptan) across Cairo's face, and nearly into his eyes. He has presence of mind enough to shut them as G'Aric's mouth opened. Halko gets the same treatment across the back of his head. Halko flails an explosive fist about in an attempt to smash G'Aric, but his effort is futile. Cairo, however, manages to cock a fist back, swings, and connects...with something. He's rather busy trying not to puke as he coughs, his eyes water profusely, and seemingly gallons of mucus erupt from the other orifices on his head. Halko's faring no better in this respect, but finds that he's no longer being held by the incredible grip of the bizarre man. After some moments retching and wiping the mucus from their faces, they're both finally able to gather enough wits to respond to the mechanical sound they hear from behind Halko: it's a robotic claw descending from the ceiling far overhead to recover the unconscious G'Aric.

Almost-done.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (4 more melees)
Cairo: -60 H.P., -746 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed; and -5 H.P. per melee affected (57 melees); Stunned: -6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (6 melees); Acid: -8D6 S.D.C. for 3 more melees; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (4 more melees)


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 25
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86

Cairo finishes wiping off his face (sort of), "Ewwww Man ... I think I need to shave. If I knew that Frakker was going to Pop, I wouldn't have hit him so hard. Bloody and ashes ... what was that guy drinking? Fermented Diarrhea??" Growing his Force Disc to a 20-ft diameter over G'Aric's discarded gun the Pilot steps into the shadow underneath to create a new Shadow-Cloak. He tears off the rest of his shirt with 1-hand and tries to wipe off both the goop and the Acid-blood-stuff, "I guess this is why we can't have nice things ... Gah, I think we need to fall back somewhere a few ... I know a spot where the terrain narrows. Come on ... " Cairo will grab Halko by the arm and haul him onto the disc, then haul-ass to the East back to the intersection that leads to the elevated platform (where he will turn south and head for the same).

CJ will Parry anything he can, or affirmatively Dodges any other attacks that come his way.

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-9): 1d20-5 = 0

1) Grow Force Disc
2) Create Shadow Cloak while picking up Pistol
3) Shrink Force Disc & tear off his own shirt to wipe off disgusting ... G'Aric-Juice
4) Grab/pull (+10-14=-4 Strike) Halko aboard the Disc (1d20-4 = -1 if needed)
5) Book it back towards the Ladder/Platform at 80 mph ... (15mph = 22ft/sec = 1 square, so 80 MPH = 5 Squares/Sec)) --- Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 43

Parries (+13-14): 1d20-1 = 15, 1d20-1 = 17, 1d20-1 = 5, 1d20-1 = 12, 1d20-1 = 4

Autododges (+9-14): 1d20-5 = 6, 1d20-5 = 9, 1d20-5 = 12


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (57 melees)]
Stunned [-6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (5 melees)]
Acid (-8D6 S.D.C. for 3 more melees)
Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (4 more melees)
Shadow Cloak [((IF IT EVER GETS DARK --- ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ)), ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks],
Force Disc
H.P.: 187/247
S.D.C.: 604/1350

===========

Machine Pistol
Image
• • Range: 245'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 2D6
• • Short Burst: 4D6 (5 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 1D6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 2D6 to 1D4 targets (5 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 2D6 to 1D8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 2D6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 4D6 to 2D8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Payload: 100 round helical magazine
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:16 am

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 53, 1d100 = 13, 1d100 = 96, 1d100 = 8, 1d100 = 95, 1d100 = 27, 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 72
Attacks: 7
Init: loses initiative 1d20 = 2 just to see if he goes before Cairo

"Fsheeme" Halko mutters as his pride and obligation to the deal he made with the alien woman rises up the the rancid smell he's been coated with. Blurry eyed and cough/gagging, Halko drools as he tries not to swallow. Mouth agape, he moves past the fallen form of G'Aric and rounds the corner to where he last saw Fsheeme and Giga.

If Giga is there, Halko wipes his eyes with the heals of his palms and focuses everything he has through the noxious fumes as he targets Giga with a stick glob. The gagging in his throat turns to a cough as the black glop flies out of his mouth.

As soon as the stick glob flies forth, Halko finds the iron hand of Cairo clinched on his arm and lets himself be dragged away and onto the flying force disk as he mutters, "Fsheeme and I had a deal Noran..."

If he comes under attack, Halko will dodge/parry as best he can as he retreats away with Cairo, onto the force disk.

1-2. move
3. EP Crit success Goop strike Giga;
4-7.

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 11
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Next

Return to Hykri Entertainment District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests