Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Home to countless conference centers, upscale hotels, and a larger finance industry than most Atorian Throneworlds, the Oron is where new money meets old money meets money in hiding from rapacious governments.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Zanari Street is a bit off the main thoroughfare of Oron and plays host mainly to secondary and tertiary firms in importance. The Equitable Building is a humble affair as such things go, standing at eight stories of dull grey plascrete blocks. The ground floor consists of a pair of retail spaces flanking the building's main entrance which leads to a sparse lobby with an elevator bank, stairwell, and directory listing the businesses on the upper floors. To the right of the building is an alleyway, noticeably wider than they are usually made, with a small sign that says 50A-0 and an arrow pointing further back. The retail space to the left is Oron Outfitters, a purveyor of off the rack business attire, while the space to the right is Brighter Smiles Med Spa and Laser Center, a salon offering teeth whitening, laser tattoo and hair removal, skin treatments, and other such services.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

CJ (presumably) arrives on Zathari St. along with the others, but breaks off from the group to step into an alley or storefront where he can try to keep an eye on the target building (assuming Nova doesn't order him in to scope out the building). The Pilot will keep an unobtrusive eye on foot traffic and neighboring businesses, and for shady looking folks.

**What if we ring up and just started having all sorts of things delivered tonight? ... Pizzas and sandwiches ... flowers, he'll send them a stripper ... just get em off their game? Especially if somehow an Anchor found its way into the target room ... even if we got out. Just having deliveries may keep them busy all night, maybe they don't notice anything walking off ...**

Streetwise [37%]: 1d100 = 55
Intelligence [49%]: 1d100 = 76
Lore: Alien [75%]: 1d100 = 38
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 94

Nova takes a look around as they walk up to the building. "You all go buy some business wear, gentlemen. I'll be in right after you. I'm just gonna find a restroom." Nova sends the rest of the crew into Oron Outfitters while he walks in the direction pointed out by the sign that says 50A-O. Time to play it up. He walks quickly, holding his hands over his crotch. If he finds a door, he'll ask very emphatically to use their restroom. (Seduction: 3d100:
75, 92, 90
/38%) While he's asking, he looks around for the finer details of the building and his surroundings.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 12
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 97


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

CJ's suggestions being insufficient to persuade Nova, he follows along with the plan to just walk up to the building and let Nova scope out the Morgue due to it's (presumably) public-restroom accessible via loading-dock, **If there's a loading dock for incoming deliveries though, for an 8-story building? ... it seems likely there's probably also a central bank of elevators. Those probably access the basement as well as upper floors & maybe the roof ... For a Morgue? Hmmm would that be the likely way the Living-public accesses that business? ...** As they approach the Oron Outfitters store, Cairo will keep his eyes open for 1) any directory/Map that would tell them where the Elevators are, and 2) any labelling or signs that indicates who the building (or store) contracts its Security through (PPP?, PDR?, SSS?).

Cairo will initially confine his browsing to a few racks at the front of the store until he can (hopefully) locate any biometric surveillance devices. If any are identified, CJ will visually scan them to determine if he can see what frequencies they are using to transmit data (Radio? Micro? Magnetic?).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Cairo (Outside)
Cairo is able to find an automated newsstand with a decent sightline of the Equitable Building. The foot traffic at this time of day, approximately noon, is moderate to heavy as the usual traffic of people perusing the shops or conducting business is amplified by wageslaves scurrying about on their lunch breaks. The pilot doesn't spot anything truly out of place, this is a very low crime part of Grymdin.

Rosseyn
The alleyway slopes downward and follows along the building then opens up into a wide parking area large enough for delivery trucks to turn around and back up in. Seeing it in person Rosseyn is able to make out that the picture he was shown earlier was a close up of just the morgue entrance and that there are actually two entrances. One a loading dock, probably for the building proper, and the other the morgue itself. Knocking on the morgue door produces a gruff male voice asking what his business is. Try as he might to talk the voice into letting him in is a failed effort. If you don't have business there kindly buzz off he is told in several different ways. His sharp eyes do manage to pick up two sensor clusters covering the parking area along with the keypad and intercom system next to the door.

Cairo (Inside)
On his approach to the clothing store Cairo passes the main building entrance and spies inside both a directory and elevator bank. There is no obvious markings about which DRO covers the Equitable Building but given that he knows it houses Premier's morgue and that Premier provides most of the security in Oron Sector it's a good bet they probably cover the entire building.

Inside Oron Outfitters the pilot finds a fairly standard clothing store. The available clerks seem to be busy with other customers at the moment but one does greet him and let's him know to speak up if he has any questions. As he flips through a rack of shirts and jackets he spots a few clusters of security sensors, they aren't hidden at all, presumably the management wants you to know there is an eye in the sky as it were. While Cairo is able to sense a wireless network in use in the store, the points where he can tell there are transmissions and receptions don't line up with the security sensors. Likely they are hard wired.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 100

When Nova tells them to go shop for some business wear, Halko gives Ro a look asking if he wants to tag along. Then he splits from Cairo, with or without Ro, and gives the others a few minutes lead before heading into Oron Outfitters. Angling for the off the rack suits, Halko starts looking at the basic black. I should find something to replace the suit I got at TGE. After Zed threw me, I doubt its going to look as respectable as I might need.

After finding something that might fit him in the suit section, Halko wanders over and start looking at some light jackets. picking up and looking at the ones with a thigh length cut, so his pistols will be somewhat concealed when he wears it. He sticks to browns, blacks and greys in color. It doesn't pay to stick out in this business does it. He chuckles to himself a little, hehe, better watch it or I might start getting paranoid. All this covert stuff is beyond my Fleet Infantry training. I almost wish we were doing a drop on an Atorian base. At least when we do the combat tournament things might start to feel normal. Well maybe not normal, but familiar.

If Ro tags long with him, Halko will start up some idle chatter as he looks through the clothing, "What do you want to do after this? Grab some lunch?" He sticks to generic topics that anyone would be having this time of day so it doesn't matter if the clerk over hears and that would fit with any other shoppers. "I remember my mom bringing me clothes shopping when I was a kid and hating it. She couldn't ever get me to stand still long enough to try the things on."

Halko looks up after choosing a suit and a more casual jacket, and tries to find a dressing room.
Last edited by Halko on Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue May 16, 2017 11:01 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 23 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 57
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ro follows CJ into the clothing store. He makes a point of listening to any vibirations coming from the morgue below them.

Suits, eh? Well, no need for that, my standard-issue garbage-grey overalls are still keeping the wind out, but a hat, now I can always use a hat... He goes to the hat section (if the have one) and tries on some wide-brimmed fedoras.

"Oi, how's this one? Does it bring out my eyes while shading and obscuring the rest of my head?"
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 2

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Cairo offers Ro a bemused chuckle as he flips through the rack, "Pfffft Brother, if you want to look good to your girlfriend, get her drunk. That hat's a visual assault ... "

**Building is probably covered by Premier ... they have a lot of the Oron sector. That means we're might also have patrols in the neighborhood ... What might be useful is sending Nova to set an Anchor in another building ... maybe in a bank restroom. If we did a 2-am portal-opening and just tossed a grenade in, not even for entry, but a distraction that the DRO is more likely to prioritize a Bank over the Morgue ... Well, I'll suggest it. Nova wasn't interested in a Zed frame-up. Well, he wasn't interested in one for the Morgue. Maybe a frame-up on a botched Bank incursion though ... Maybe we even have Jujak knock out Wireless Network @ the Bank for 2 minutes sometime today ... get them on edge about more sensitive targets.**

The Pilot browses his way around visually tracing the points where he can tell there are transmissions and reception, (using Thermal vision) any Cooler-spots on the floor that might suggest the location of Freezer/Coolers below (for body storage), and well as any field-of-view blindspots for the cameras/sensors.

If/when the other guys seem to be done poking around or shopping (he declines to purchase anything himself since he's bought a fair number of clothes now), the Pilot will walk out through (by way of) the Lobby to get a look at the Elevators, Directory, and any building Map [i.e. 'You are Here' type things]. Intelligence [49%]: 1d100 = 2
Last edited by Cairo on Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 am

(Rolls Carried)

Ro makes the psionic search determining Target Corpse is where it's supposed to be.

Ro attempts to send his Radar down through the floor, trying to get some idea of the space on the other side. Interpret Shapes 80% 1d100 = 91

Ro scans for wireless frequncies originating from the morgue.

Ro uses his thermo-vision to count the warm bodies down in the morgue.
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri May 19, 2017 11:53 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 49

"Frakkin Frellhead! Make a man wheedle on the streets?!" Note: Large parking area. Loading dock entrance. separate morgue entrance. Two sensor clusters. Intercom. Keypad. Remembering area for gateway later. Nova rushes off and really plays up the 'have to pee' look until he's certain he's clear of the sensors.

Heading inside the clothing store, he asks for the bathroom Same building. Could have a centralized security system. Better to get rid of inconsistencies. "Excuse me, do you have a bathroom I could use? The man around the corner was NOT very nice." Once he is let into a bathroom, he'll memorize the location for yet another gateway. After an appropriate amount of time, he'll head back out into the clothing store. Browsing around, he'll try to find a dark blue button up shirt and a brown blazer. Upon finding those, he'll check in with the rest of the team and see if they're ready to check out. He'll take care of the bill for the team and then look around the area for any places that might make for good gateway points given that they'll almost certainly be coming in with surprise in mind.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Rosseyn finds a more sympathetic audience in the clothing store and the clerk helpfully points towards the back of the store where a sign hangs with the customary ideograms denoting a restroom. As the team browses the store they find what they want, a selection of hats for Ro, suits, shirts and jackets for Rosseyn and Halko. There are several dressing rooms in the back, near the restroom. Near as any of you can tell the store seems to be self contained and doesn't have any access to the rest of the building, although there are three (locked if you check) doors marked Employees Only.

As the more sensorily astute of you wander around the store you do find an area of floor that's cooler than normal towards the front, with the cool patch continuing all the way up to the wall separating the store from the building lobby. Cairo is able to trace the EM signals to a pair of transmitters in the ceiling, on opposite sides of the store, and a couple tablets, one of which is being carried by the clerk, two more of which are sitting in charging cradles behind the check out counter. Trying his psionic seeking again Ro is able to tell that "the item" is below him and to the right, probably where the cool area continues into other parts of the building. Try as he might he can't pick up thermal impressions of people in the space below or any wireless frequencies emanating from the morgue.

When Cairo is ready to leave he doesn't find an entrance directly into the lobby but can easily enough leave the store and go into the main entrance if he wishes. Inside is your basic faux marble building lobby. A digital display shows a list of tenants in the upper floors. Along with a pair of elevators, you notice there's only a button for up, there are two doors, one marked with an ideogram for Stairs, the other marked Private and is a bit larger than normal.

If you wish to buy anything pants are ~50, shirts are ~30, jackets/hats are ~80. +/- 50% depending on quality. The store also offers a tailoring service where for an additional 25% a 3d scan is taken of your body and the item is customized to better fit you by an automated machine. Not quite the quality of hand made but close.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 16

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 33

As Halko makes his way around the store looking for the fitting room he tries the doors marked 'Employees Only', making a confused face when he finds them locked. If an employee fusses at him, Halko will play dumb and purposefully say with difficulty, "Sorry, I no speak or read this words well."

If caught before trying all three doors, Halko will proceed, as directed by the clerk, to the fitting room with the suit; pants, shirt and coat, along with a casual jacket. As he changes he thinks, Huh, I'm surprised they have this wide a variety. They must outfit a lot of folks from off station. With the monitored environment I would think most station people would wear.... I don't know, standard dress? Maybe the kids here have weird fashion trends.

Halko emerges from the fitting room and heads to the cashier stand, placing all the items on the counter, he smiles stupidly at the clerk. If asked about the auto-tailoring, Halko will pat the clothes and say, again using his broken Pillian, "No, no. Just this." and scans his card to deduct the 240 credits.

After the clerk completes the sale and bags everything up, Halko will make his way outside and look for a bench to sit on or someplace to stand that has a good view of the store as he waits for the others to finish.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Ryden » Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 pm

The team all receive a purple spam message from a video sex line, imploring them to "call now!" It extorts them that it's *very* important in a sultry voice that doesn't play over loudspeakers, thankfully.

Below it is a message from Ryden. When looked at, the team will see the following:

Team,
Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms is a family-owned business managed by the Maga-Pastova family.
History: This was originally two families who were united a generation ago by the marriage of their respective leaders' children. Prior to this union, these were rivalrous family syndicates who were frequently at odds with one another, their rivalry often leading to costly and counter-productive bloodshed in Grymdin's somewhat chaotic past. Drexil Maga-Pastova is currently the CEO of M-PVF, and roughly a third of all executives under him are still members of the two families.
Image

Analysis: Lang was a good facilitator who one of the families sprung from jail. When they went legit, he was made a part of their wholesale operations. Watch for ticks that indicate he is unsure of himself - or too sure. Hinting at knowledge of his past may unsettle him enough to gain an edge. Don't push it too far though. I have no doubts he will have guards who are armed or empowered, not to mention house security. Just remember, we need this guy.

I have also contacted TGE about a wholesale deal, but I doubt we'll get the level of fresh foods we need. Further, I suspect M-PVF can do it without drawing attention to the meet locations. Is there anything you want added to the reply? Also, who will lead negotiations?
-Brainiac
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Fri May 26, 2017 7:53 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 13
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Cairo exits the Oron Outfitters store as Halko and Nova are headed up to make a few purchases and makes his way to the Lobby. **No public access to the basement from here? ... so likely only freight, Hmmmm ... The Pilot checks the directory for any possibly useful company names, and empty locations (i.e. suite numbers that appear to be unoccupied, or for rent), then visually scans the door/doorway marked Stairs (using his Spectrum vision to scan for radio, and other transmissions) for any sensors/booby traps and mentally marks the number and location of any Lobby cameras.

Intelligence [49%]: 1d100 = 38(Locate Cameras/Sensors)

A buzz at his wrist notifies CJ of an incoming communication from Brainiac and he scans the report, **So this MPV Farm syndicate is run by a crook? ... What a frakking surprise. Here on an all-criminal world, how can he hope that that would have any effect? Woohoo we know something about your past that presently no one cares about ... I'm not really sure Brainiac's firing on all cylinders here. Hell all that suggests to me is that although they may be good at smuggling and getting things through to places, they're likely also fine with a nice juicy double-cross. Somehow I don't love the idea of playing the victim around here ...**

After making his mental notes, Cairo will head unhurriedly out of the Lobby to go catch up with Nova and the others.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri May 26, 2017 11:27 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 35

Rosseyn purchases his blue shirt and brown blazer (165 credits for top quality) and heads out to the street to meet with the rest of the group. He checks his watch when the message from Ryden comes through. Heh. At least he knows how to get my attention. Ooh, intel. Rosseyn reads over the message a few times before closing the hologram from his watch.

Once everyone is ready, he'll walk further away from the building before talking. "There's sensors at the door of the morgue. A keypad and an intercom as well. Those should be easily gotten through. The sensors, maybe if we come from above we can take them down without being scanned. Unless they're omni-directional. There was someone on the other end of the intercom, so they're generally alert and present, even if nothing is going on. I set a gateway in the store as well as in front of the morgue doors. Did any of you pick up any details from this trip?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Mini-Update
Leaving the store Halko does indeed find a bench, but it's right next to Oron Outfitters door and thus not much use for keeping watch, however across the street is the automated newsstand that Cairo found earlier.

Speaking of Cairo, he notices four cameras in the lobby, one for the elevator bank, one each for the two internal doors, and one aimed at the entrance. They seem to cover the room fairly well with the exception of a blind spot in the north-west corner, however there's nothing near there of use and most of the blind spot is taken up by a potted miniature tree. Checking out the door marked stairs, and it is a door, there are no transmissions coming from it but he does spot a small magnetic field in the upper left corner. Perusing the directory there are no blank entries in the list indicating an empty space, nor notices on the display that vacancies are available, however the numbering of offices per floor is fairly random (example: 201, 205, 206, 208, etc). That could indicate some offices are indeed empty or that tenants rent out multiple contiguous rooms for a larger space.

OOC: I have no way of knowing what you may or may not find useful :) so I can't tell you if there are any useful company names. The firms are mainly professional services, lawyers, accountants, investment advisors, that sort of thing.

Rosseyn please come up with a cost for what you're buying. Prices are at the bottom of this post.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Sat May 27, 2017 10:01 pm

OOC: Useful was definitely ambiguous, but it was intentionally vague in case you wanted to name something really interesting. Professional Services is fine, nothing saying "R@ndoM Weapons Development" or "Zed's Bounty-Hunting" or anything ...

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 66

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Cairo shrugs noncommittally as they walk, and once he's fairly sure they are away from the target building (ideally in another Sector, although we have not yet had a new destination ID'd) remarks, "Lobby has 4 cameras (1 small blindspot), stairwell access, and an unknown door that could have gone to onsite Security, leasing, or to building maintenance ... Stairs could be an alternate way down, but I couldn't be sure. Also it looked like that door was rigged with a magnetic contact sensor FYI. If you got an Anchor inside, we might be able to just open a Portal inside and bypass the outer door ... fill the first room via smoke-or teargas grenades while we get jamming in place. From the upper floor, I got an idea of where the cooling lockers will be ... but I couldn't really get info on basement layout .... Cannot tell if the building is full. There were some gaps in suite numbering. Companies are mostly professionals, not sure if that would merit onsite folks ... I guess we could call as potential tenants, try to set up a meeting for next week after they advised on that security front ... Also, since that was the financial sector, maybe an anchor in a Bank restroom within a couple blocks ... an after-hours disturbance might be considered a much higher priority for DRO response ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sun May 28, 2017 10:26 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 38 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 21
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ro doesn't realize everyone has left as he searches the hat options. Hats, hats, everywhere hats! Hats the live-long day!
Image
He finds a beauty. Whooeee! Now this is sharp!-- Oh shit! Everybody left!

"Here, ya go. This one doesn't have a price tag, but I'll pay for quality. I'm in a hurry, whatever, ring it through." Ro hands over his card and gets overcharged for his hat (120 credits?). He looks down at the new balance at his card, and a terrible emptiness enters his soul. 880? That looks so much less than 1000. A whole digit shorter for one. It happened so fast! Just a blink of the eye of the eye and now my proud 1000 is a flaccid 880. What a bummer. But then he realizes he's holding a new hat in his hands. Wait, I got this hat! My number went down a little, but check out this fucking hat!!! This hat is awesome, what a rush! I just bought a hat!

Feeling better immediately Ro follows the others, wearing his hat and hoping for comment.
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Tue May 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 3

Halko moves over to the automated news stand and pokes around until the others come out. Letting them walk down the street a little ways before stepping away from the stand and catching up to them.

Halko listens along as Cairo doles out the intel, "I didn't get much. I tried the Employee's Only doors in the clothing shop but all of them were locked. Say, If we know where the cold storage is from above, why don't we just go in that way. It'd be nice it we didn't have to blow a hole in the floor but we don't have anyone with intangibility or," he gives the others a grin as he remembers something from before they were an endangered species, "the ability to make portals through walls like this guy I knew in high school." He snaps his fingers as he says the name, "Jae Sarik" His grins goes flat as his eyes flick to Ro and back to the other Arismal, "I wonder what he's up to these days." its going to be like this for the rest of our lives, isn't it? Alway remembering something or someone that is not around any more. We need a home. A place to start over. It's obvious to the other Arismal that Halko is really wondering if Jae survived.

Halko looks over the group again, "Smoke grenades into a bank after hours might be a good distraction. As long as its far enough away from us to draw security off. Then we can portal in to the clothing store, set up jamming, drill a hole and drop a camera though to see what we can see. If we're on target, we blast through the floor get what we need and portal out. Shadow cloaks and force fields can keep us concealed and limit the damage. It's your call though boss." He nods to Nova then does a double take on Ro, quirks an eyebrow and says, "Uh, nice hat."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 66


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

CJ cocks an eyebrow at Jujak's purchase of distinctive headgear, "That eyesore, is not coming out on operations. You need a nice unobtrusive helmet, or a Holo-projector that looks like Zed's twin ... I wonder if they have something like that, a hologram based disguise." The Pilot trails off for a few moments, **If I could merge something like that ... or if it could be blown up to a larger scale, could we do some form of stealth or disguise tech for the Ship? ...**

Halko's suggestion of boring through the floor causes him to cringe a bit, "Well, I guess we know which Locker is supposed to have the target, but we probably want to minimize destruction because we don't want to go buy up a bunch of explos ... " a look of understanding stumbles its way across Cairo's face and he looks back over at Backlash, "... waaaaait a second. Do we now have more Explosive capability than we had when we landed? ... Now that's interesting. Don't know about blowing through the floor since the shop already has biometric scans on this group of 4. I think I prefer the less-flashy override route ... the sooner things go Boom, the sooner we'll probably have real DRO response, and altering heat signatures is kind of ... it's not exact."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 pm

A man of powerful presence and bearing approaches Rosseyn. He is dressed like and carries himself as high nobility, and his accouterments speak of immense power and wealth.
Image
"Excuse me, Rosseyn. I am on vital business and need to speak with you in private for a moment. Your friends need not be concerned. I mean you no harm and will only detain you a moment." Any psychic or magic scans will confirm the complete sincerity of his words. His words and the weight of sincerity behind them makes his simple request a nearly psychic command. Rosseyn feels compelled to join the man in private as requested, and follows him away from the group to a more private setting. "Please, excuse my rudeness, but the megaverse may not have time for me to be polite at this time." He quickly grasps Rosseyn's hand and touches the fancy broach holding his cloak to his shoulders. The world suddenly vanishes in a flash of blue, magic light, and Rosseyn finds him/herself to no longer be where s/he was previously.

Post your introduction to the epic adventure here.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 87

Cairo wrote:"Lobby has 4 cameras (1 small blindspot), stairwell access, and an unknown door that could have gone to onsite Security, leasing, or to building maintenance ... Stairs could be an alternate way down, but I couldn't be sure. Also it looked like that door was rigged with a magnetic contact sensor FYI. If you got an Anchor inside, we might be able to just open a Portal inside and bypass the outer door ... fill the first room via smoke-or teargas grenades while we get jamming in place. From the upper floor, I got an idea of where the cooling lockers will be ... but I couldn't really get info on basement layout .... Cannot tell if the building is full. There were some gaps in suite numbering. Companies are mostly professionals, not sure if that would merit onsite folks ... I guess we could call as potential tenants, try to set up a meeting for next week after they advised on that security front ... Also, since that was the financial sector, maybe an anchor in a Bank restroom within a couple blocks ... an after-hours disturbance might be considered a much higher priority for DRO response ..."

Halko wrote:Halko looks over the group again, "Smoke grenades into a bank after hours might be a good distraction. As long as its far enough away from us to draw security off. Then we can portal in to the clothing store, set up jamming, drill a hole and drop a camera though to see what we can see. If we're on target, we blast through the floor get what we need and portal out. Shadow cloaks and force fields can keep us concealed and limit the damage. It's your call though boss." He nods to Nova then does a double take on Ro, quirks an eyebrow and says, "Uh, nice hat."


"Cameras could definitely be a problem, if we weren't capable of knocking them out, right Fang? I got an anchor into the store, but to the outside of the morgue. I don't think we really have a week to wait for this one. We'll have to act faster than that. I like that bank bathroom suggestion. As a matter of fact, I'll go do that right now."

Nova heads to the bank and asks for information about what their bank offers as well as to use their bathroom. On his way out of the bathroom...
Mysterious Guy wrote:"Excuse me, Rosseyn. I am on vital business and need to speak with you in private for a moment. Your friends need not be concerned. I mean you no harm and will only detain you a moment."

Wow, check out the duds on this guy... Must damn near own this bank. Wait... how'd he know my... "Uh, sure sir. I've got a second."

Mysterious Guy wrote:"Please, excuse my rudeness, but the megaverse may not have time for me to be polite at this time." He quickly grasps Rosseyn's hand and touches the fancy broach holding his cloak to his shoulders. The world suddenly vanishes in a flash of blue, magic light, and Rosseyn finds him/herself to no longer be where s/he was previously.

What in the hell have I gotten myself into now?!

A few moments later:
"That was weird... Spaced out for a moment... OK, I've got the pamphlet, I got myself in the restroom or at least in the bank... Objective complete. Back to the crew..."

Nova walks back to the 1st SOG and nods "The deed is done. Anchor in the bank."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 66


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Rosseyn wrote:"Cameras could definitely be a problem, if we weren't capable of knocking them out, right Fang? I got an anchor into the store, but to the outside of the morgue. I don't think we really have a week to wait for this one. We'll have to act faster than that. I like that bank bathroom suggestion. As a matter of fact, I'll go do that right now." ...
Nova walks back to the 1st SOG and nods "The deed is done. Anchor in the bank."


Cairo shrugs a bit at Nova's camera inquiry, "Depends. I can only merge to a system physically from about 7ft away. It is physically visible, and kind of unique as an identifier. So it's not something you want to do publically. Jujak can just send off a jamming wave, but that wont handle anything hard wired. I can hack a system if I can get on their wireless signal, or I can hop into it if we can get close enough to get to the hardware. That said, I can always just create Flight-discs at-a-distance, right-up in front of any cameras to impair any sightlines. But that requires me to know where the cameras are, so a disguise is probably still an important starting point. I'm not thinking next week ... but maybe 12? 18 hours? ... "


[HP Levelling Roll: 1d6+10 = 12]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:38 pm

The clerk seems about to say something to Ro but he's in such a hurry she skips whatever it was and processes the transaction. She seems somewhat relieved as he turns to follow the others out. Either because the scary guy or the scary hat is leaving her store, who's to say?

Rosseyn has a polite but short meeting with the New Accounts executive and is given several printouts of various services they provide along with directions to the bathroom. Anchor set and his business done he has another strange encounter as he's about to leave with an old woman stooped over a walker. "You should get yourself checked out sweetie, you're too young to have a bladder like mine," she says as she shuffles past him and into the restroom herself. Searching his memory he remembers her as another patron in the clothing store he was just in a little bit ago.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 48

Rosseyn smiles at the woman with the walker. "Hereditary. Have a good day, ma'am." With his printouts in hand, he walks out the door and heads to the rest of the crew.

Back with the group, he nods to them all. "OK, Jujak and Torren. I need you to head out and get us some instant heat and freeze packs. Enough to change our heat signatures. Too many sensors for us to ignore. They'll be on our ass in a New Sark minute. When you get those rounded up, bring them back to the hotel. In the meantime, Noran, let's you and I check in with Vanko and Soria about their trip to Zed's ship. Get some details."

Rosseyn taps his vidcomm watch and sends a message to Soria and Vanko. "Meet at my room."

"Alright, I've got them meeting us back at the room. Let's get back there before they do." Rosseyn finds a secluded place, opens a gateway and brings Cairo and himself through it.

Hotel @ Spacer Street
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 66

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

As the quartet of heavy-hitters move farther out away from the Bank, CJ feels a knot of tension in his back he hadn't even acknowledged beginning to loosen. Cairo grins at the prospect of dropping an Anchor onto Zed's ship as he'd suggested and nods at Nova, then looks over at Backlash, "Keep an eye out for a couple cheap generic EBAs. Something essentially disposable that we can use as part of a disguise. Price em out, then chirp home ..." (he holds up and taps his comm).

The Pilot then proffers a thumbs-up at the shopping-duo and breaks off to follow Nova back into an alley and through the Portal back to [[ Hotel @ Spacer Street ]] ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 27

Halko nods to Nova, "You got it boss. Heat packs and ice packs." He gives Cario a nod as well when the man mentions grabbing some cheap EBA. We could also go with some used near trash armor. Just enough use left to disguise us.

Halko turns to Ro and nods, "Okay. I'm the money man on this outing. What do you think. I'm kinda tired of TGE, lets hit up the fresh air market and see what we can dig up."

Unless someone says something different, Halko will give Ro a slap on the back and steer to big man out of the Oron Financial Sector and back through the Soniua Mercantile District to the fresh air market.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 78

Opening the door from the bank bathroom, Nova signals for one of his men to toss some smoke grenades. He focuses on the electronics around him to get a sense of the surveillance capabilities of the bank.

Stepping back into the bathroom, he prepares his next gateway for the front of the morgue's delivery doors. Signalling Fang through, he waits for the man to get past the security system and then heads through the doors. If he sees a security camera at the morgue doors, he'll fire an energy blast at it.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+3 = 9
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 75

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring, Thermal Vision

=== BANK ===

Cairo steps through the gateway into the Bank bathroom waiting for everyone to come through (and Nova to open a doorway off to the Morgue). Hefting his Stun-Club warily CJ sets 1 foot to prevent the door from opening in case someone tries to enter while they are waiting for Nova to open portal #2. Once that portal is open he places 2 grenades on the floor and pulls the pins so that Nova can bottle them in a force field until the team is gone, then steps smoothly through to the Morgue.

=== MORGUE ===

Once Nova creates a gateway to the Morgue, CJ steps through gives the area a quick glance with his Thermal vision (to see if anyone is around, or if the 2nd loading bay entrance is occupied). If no one is immediately observed Cairo places his hand on the keypad next to the door and [Merges] to it. If he can feel either any sensors or a camera trained on the area, he will loop the feed with the prior minute of footage, then kill the door lock. When this is completed, CJ turns and gives a nod towards the door. If anyone emerges to give them trouble, he will dodge attacks he sees coming his way.

Computer Programming [95%]: 1d100 = 9 - Loop Sensor feeds
Cyberjacking [90%+25%: 115%]: 1d100 = 2 - if appropriate
Computer Operations [105%+25%=130%]: 1d100 = 30 - Kill Locks

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 12
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 10
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 22

Halko pulls his goggles up over his face then zips up his jumpsuits collar and tucks his chin down a little so its obscured by the high collar. If being a grunt has taught Halko anything it is how to wait for officers to get things down. As such, he waits in the bathroom while the officers toss smoke grenades in the bank and transition the portal over to the morgue destination.

Following Cairo through the portal, Halko watches the man's back as he gets to work chewing through the buildings tech to get the loading bay doors open.

If any of the security personnel happen to appear, Halko will lift his chin out of the zipped up collar and cough a glob of sticky mess at them to subdue them.


If needed combat rolls;
Attks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 4

1. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 4 Dmg: none
2. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: none
3. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: none
4. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: none
5. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 18 Dmg: none
6. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 13 Dmg: none

if needed Dodge / Parry: 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 9
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2130


=== BANK ===

Halko pulls his goggles up over his face, zips up his jumpsuit collar, and tucks his chin down a little so its obscured by the high collar. He waits in the bathroom while the officers toss smoke grenades in the bank and transition the portal over to the morgue destination.

Rosseyn opens the door from the bank bathroom, then signals for one of his men to toss some smoke grenades. He focuses on the electronics around him to get a sense of the surveillance capabilities of the bank. He's immediately aware of a panoply of electronic surveillance that immediately focuses on him and his men. He steps back into the bathroom, prepares his next gateway for the front of the morgue's delivery doors. He signals his men through and quickly joins them.

Cairo steps through the gateway into the bank bathroom. Once the portal is open he places 2 grenades on the floor and pulls the pins so that Nova can bottle them in a force field until the team is gone, then steps smoothly through to the Morgue.

=== MORGUE ===

Rosseyn's sense of the electronic eyes upon them instantly vanishes as he closes gateway behind them.

Following Cairo through the portal, Halko watches the man's back. The halls are lit, but dead quiet. The polished metal double doors are shut.

CJ steps through Nova's gateway. He gives the area a quick glance with his thermal vision. The place is mostly a cold blue with tiny flecks of green here and there along the ceiling and at the corners of intersections. The halls are lit, but dead quiet. The polished metal double doors are shut. There is a blue-green square inset to the right of the doors. Switching back to color vision, he sees the datapad next to the door and merges with it. It is a largely isolated system. He quickly hacks the controls to release the door locks. He then turns and gives a nod towards the door.

MAP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 76

Once outside the Morgue doors, Nova quietly informs the others about the cameras and sensors at the bank. "Stay alert. The bank definitely picked up our sigs. We want the main room, locker 3-C. Two security, one to three workers."

Once the doors have been hacked, Nova pulls/slides them open and looks around before taking a step inside. Once everyone is in, he will close the doors behind them.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+3 = 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 75

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring

Cairo steps through the doorway to find himself in a 3-way intersection. He checks the various directions, casually adjusting his grip around the energy club as he flicks the setting over to stun. Within his helmet the Pilot blanches at Nova's orders, **Awww man. We were all there, we know where we're going. Hopefully they do not have any recording going on in this place. Dead men tell no tales though right? .... hehehe so pretty unlikely to keep it bugged.** He heads a bit north to an intersection (to the Green-Star) keeping his eye out for Light switches (which he will flip to the off position so the Arismal can rely on their heightened sight and hearing), cameras, or sensors. If he spots any cameras (even in the dark), CJ will tap it with his Stun-Club to hopefully burn the thing out (or @ minimum shove it out of alignment).

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 23
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 14

Morgue_1B.jpg
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2131


=== BANK ===
Rosseyn quietly informs the others about the cameras and sensors at the bank. "Stay alert. The bank definitely picked up our sigs. We want the main room, locker 3-C. Two security, one to three workers." Cairo having easily hacked the electronic lock to the doors, Nova pulls them open and looks around. The hallway to either side is still clear before he steps inside the morgue. The room features, predictably, a vacant slab table for autopsies (surrounded by the necessary accouterments) over a featureless grey tiled floor. There are five steel doors differentiated only by the stenciled number on each. Door five is a single door which opens inward. Doors one, two, and three are double doors which open inward. Door four is a double door which opens outward.

He checks around him, casually adjusting his grip around the energy club and flicking the setting over to stun. He then heads a bit north to the nearest intersection, flipping off any light switches, and clubbing any cameras along the way. He nearly bumps right into someone as he rounds the corner of the intersection. A fleeting moment of hearing some mumbled language later, and he's blind as a bat. In the split second prior to the world going utterly dark, he's able to take in the fellow into which he nearly stumbled, and on the guy's chest is the familiar logo of PPP:

Image



Image

GM NOTES:
Map: 10' per square; because of the resolution, no status icons will be used, see Butcher's Bill


Butcher's Bill
Cairo: Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance].)
Halko:
Rosseyn:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:05 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 68

Halko makes his way into the morgue behind Nova. After taking a moment to scan the room, Halko looks to Nova and holds up 3 fingers, then points to the door labeled with the number. Makes sense, number three is the double set going in and number four is the double set going out. Best guess I should say. Plus the body is in Locker 3-C. Maybe the 3 is for door/room 3. Door five is likely the office, so be wary of that one.

Halko pauses and looks around again, then whispers to Nova, "Where's Fang? Crap. Should we pull back or get this done?"

It is apparent that Halko just wants to get this done as he takes the lead and heads toward door 3. If he reaches door 3 without any issues, he will stop and listen for a moment. If its all quiet, he will attempt to easy the door open a little and take a look inside. Again, if all looks clear, Halko will push on through and into room 3.

If a tech or guard appears, Halko will immediately attempt to incapacitate them with a glob of sticky goop.

If needed combat rolls;
Attks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 4

1. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 16 Dmg: none
2. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 6 Dmg: none
3. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 19 Dmg: none
4. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: none
5. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: none
6. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 19 Dmg: none

if needed Dodge / Parry: 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 5
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 81

Rosseyn takes note of the stencils on the doors. Seeing Halko's "3", he responds with a nod. Heading toward the doors, he is about to open them when Halko speaks up.
Halko wrote:Halko pauses and looks around again, then whispers to Nova, "Where's Fang? Crap. Should we pull back or get this done?"

Where the frak is he? Rosseyn whispers back, "We need to stick together. Let's get him before we get the body." Rosseyn turns back around and looks for his squad mate.

If a tech or a guard appears, Rosseyn will hit them with a force bolt.

Contingency Actions
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4 (NAT1) (+6 vs guns and machines) (+7 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
APM: 7

Action 1: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 15. Damage: 2d6 = 7
Action 2: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 9. Damage: 2d6 = 7
Action 3: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 4. Damage: 2d6 = 6
Action 4: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 19. Damage: 2d6 = 9
Action 5: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 12. Damage: 2d6 = 10
Action 6: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 9. Damage: 2d6 = 6
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge.
Opponents are -4 to parry or dodge Force Bolts as they are barely visible.

Dodge: 1d20+8 = 18
Auto-Dodge (vs Tech): 1d20+4 = 121d20+4 = 81d20+4 = 171d20+4 = 5(NAT1)1d20+4 = 201d20+4 = 18
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+3 = 8
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance], DURATION???.)

Things go black and Cairo seizes on his last clear image, first to step towards his opponent and grab at that nice, open-looking partial face covering with his left hand, **If I can grab hold of it from underneath and get a grip around that jaw ... thumb inside. Hehe it's darker than the inside of a boot now ... but if I can get a good grip, it's like a handle for your head little-man ... Shush now quiet time, go to frakking sleep** If/when he secures a hold with his grasping hand, CJ delivers a devastating blow to the face of his opponent using his right fist (still carrying the mace, but now using it to add more weight to his fist).

CONTINGENCY: CJ will use up 2-3 actions attempting to grab the guy, as needed before delivering his EP Knockout blow, a light/restrained shot, hopefully well aimed because he doesn't want the guy to drop/fall making a bunch of noise. Cairo will then wish to just back up a few steps (so he's back around the corner) and feel his way along the wall (ideally still with an unconscious guard along since he probably does not weigh too much).

**He was talking and I lost my sight, maybe Magic? ... feels like when Clem used to hit folks with his Disruptive Touch, or a Skull-jockey got into my damn head ... breathe easy ... if I can get him incapacitated ... I'll just back him up. Back down the hall where I came from. Maybe play possum a bit. If he looks like he took me down, might be able to wait it out until the others find ... oh wait. Lemme try to <<Merge>> to my Comm-Watch. That thing has it's own camera. Might let me see through the camera. Maybe he's got a magic weapon we can use on Frakking Zed.**

If the merging to the Watch alleviates some of the blindness, Cairo will perform a quick search of the guard.

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 20
APM: 7

1) Grab guy by the Jaw-plate/piece(?) 1d20+5 = 21
2) Grab guy by the Jaw-plate/piece(?) 1d20+5 = 22
3) Grab guy by the Jaw-plate/piece(?) 1d20+5 = 24
4) Punch Guy in said Jaw [EP for Crit Strike Success, Boxing = Knockout 1d6 = 2 Rounds, 2d4+32 = 37*2= 74 Damage]
5) Take 2 steps back down the hall while <<Merging>> to his Comm-Watch to utilize it's camera as an aide
6-7) Search guy (?)

Auto-Dodge [+9-10= -1]: 1d20-1 = 7, 1d20-1 = 12, 1d20-1 = 4, 1d20-1 = 9, 1d20-1 = 16, 1d20-1 = 15
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2131.25


Cairo hears a mumbled phrase and a barely audible 'pop' as he dashes a couple steps forward to blindly grasp and seize where he thinks the guy's helmeted head should be. The guy's not there. From farther down the hall he hears a distinctly different voice call out in a strong, male baritone, "Drop your weapon or I will use lethal force!"

Halko makes his way into the morgue behind Nova. After taking a moment to scan the room, Halko looks to Nova and holds up 3 fingers, then points to the door labeled with the number. Halko pauses and looks around again, then whispers to Nova, "Where's Fang? Crap. Should we pull back or get this done?" He heads toward door 3, stops and listen for a moment, and eases the door open a little and looks inside. There's a body lying on a table like that in the larger room. He opens wide the door into room 3. Rosseyn's right on his heels.

Halko and Rosseyn both hear some unintelligible shout in the distance behind them. It doesn't sound like Cairo's voice.

GM NOTES:
GM Note: Check your inboxes for the map.
Map: 10' per square; because of the resolution, no status icons will be used, see Butcher's Bill


Butcher's Bill
Cairo: Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance].)
Halko:
Rosseyn:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+3 = 4
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 56

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance], DURATION???.)

Because he had managed to shut off lights back in the direction he had entered from, CJ shrugs knowing that he has no realistic chance of hitting a target somewhere down the hallway and re-holsters his Stun-Club, given the fact that the fellow who just blinded him has now vanished as if by magic. He will then back up 2 steps [i.e. less than 10ft] around the corner to cut off (known) line of sight, and reach out to feel for the wall in order to give himself some kind of reference point. The Pilot places his back against it then halts in silence, straining his hearing for the sound of movement. When he hears someone come round the corner, CJ will bum-rush sacrificing any option of personal defense in favor of getting his hands on someone kicking the hell out of him, **Keep your focus and cast while I shatter you damn ribs frakker .... **)

If he is stricken/hit while trying to get into the Back-against-the-wall location in the prior paragraph, regardless of the actual damage, Cairo will take 2-3 steps back down the hall towards the Morgue (as best he can), then collapse onto his knees clutching both hands over the apparent wound-location. **Come on, come on ... come check on the guy you dropped ... Either knuckle-head will come too close, and I'll get hands on this frakker, or he'll come round the corner and that means he'll have closed the distance I need to get a shot at him. Mr. Light-Armor isn't carrying around a frakking Tac-Nuke so I will find a way to survive this. Hopefully Nova and Halko have completed the grab and tossed the damn corpse onto the Eclipse, or Space, or wherever. Maybe they come back, maybe not, but I can make this frakking work ... **

Contingency: If CJ is bound/incapacitated thoughts begin to whirl through his mind, **Hmmm Should I say something? I could use the Kassan language, or Thimerian Code (Ilta) ... Maybe I should tell them Zed sent me to come get the corpse, and that they were supposed to have been paid off. Maybe I should ask for their Damn badge numbers and tell them their reaction time was Crap, I've been in here for 35 minutes already ... They can't be satisfied with removing a club, I'm wearing a frakking assault rifle on my back ... but you don't want me to reach for it to take off ... so you need to come take it off me. Come on little bastage ... but don't wound what you can't kill. Unfortunately for you, I'm blind. So I can't tell how much you have seen, so really, I think that means you have to be killed even. I would be satisfied knocking your ass out from behind if you hadn't seen me, but now, I think you just have to die oh and removal of the damn body to space might be necessary ... shit if these guys vanish maybe the theft of the Body will be attributed to the Security guys cashing in on the Bounty ... depending on whether I can wipe any video.**

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 22
APM: 7

1) Holster Stun Club
2) Move/Position Prowl [75%]: 1d100 = 21
3) Move ... Charge/Grab/Tackle if/when his other senses indicate he is in proximity to someone ... EP Grab/Strike, (1d4+32)*2 = 66
4) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 21, 2d6+32 = 39
5) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 10, 2d6+32 = 43
6) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 13, 2d6+32 = 37
7) Search guy (?)

Auto-Dodge [+9-10= -1]: Not Used -- If at any point someone comes within melee range, he will use that opportunity to grab hold (see Action 3 above)
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 22 (NAT 20)
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 62

Prowl 65%=1d100 = 25 Pass

Not seeing anyone, save the body lying on the table, Halko moves into the examining room. Looking both right and left to make sure the room is clear, Halko approaches the table with the body on it. Fraking officers. We already breached. We gotta move forward or call the whole thing off. If we leave and come back, things could get stupid real quick. Frak Fang, where did you run off to?

Provided there are no employees in the room, Halko examines the body, mainly looking for a tag that will identify it as James McGraw or not. All the while he keeps himself from touching the body on the table, just in case it died from something communicable.

If the body is that of James McGraw, Halko will motion to Nova that it is him. If not, Halko will look around the room some more to see if the Locker 3-C is here.


If a tech or guard appears, Halko will immediately attempt to incapacitate them with a glob of sticky goop.

If needed combat rolls;
Attks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 5

1. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: none
2. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: none
3. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 11 Dmg: none
4. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: none
5. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 15 Dmg: none
6. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 15 Dmg: none

if needed Dodge / Parry: 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 17, 1d20+4 = 17
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 83

There was a shout. That means we've been made. Grab or abort? Get the body and then check on Fang. He's probably just messing around out there. With Halko examining the body, Nova puts his force armor up and then opens a gateway to the Eclipse for Halko to deposit the body into. He whispers, "Get it and get through the portal. Something's up out there." He looks around the room for a locker 3-C while opening his gateway.

Actions
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14 (+6 vs guns and machines) (+7 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
APM: 7

Action 1: Create Force Armor. SDC: 200
Actions 2-4: Open Gateway.
Actions 5-6: Reserved for Dodge.


Dodge: 1d20+6 = 171d20+6 = 25
Auto-Dodge (vs Tech): 1d20+4 = 51d20+4 = 161d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 241d20+4 = 241d20+4 = 101d20+4 = 18
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2131.5


Cairo re-holsters his stun-club, backs up 2 steps around the corner, and without even knowing what's happening (timing on those shitty perception and JIC rolls could not have been worse), suddenly feels a painful warmth radiating across his chest. He manages a few steps backward before another burst of painful warmth spreads across his chest and then feels the most unusual sensation of feeling his feet lift off the ground but still feel the effects of gravity. He's frakking floating in mid-air while under a consistent gravity; it's the weirdest thing. "You had enough heat, mister, or do I have to pour more waves into you?" Cairo's no idiot. That question is clearly intended for him. His thoughts begin to race.

The voice speaks to someone else. "Dravos, keep him incapacitated. He doesn't play by the rules when caught trespassing, so he's likely sketchy and dangerous, so stay clear." The voice speaks to some third party, likely through a radio of some sort. "Teğmen, Harbiyeli. We've apprehended a non-compliant trespasser. Please assist at our coordinates. Out."

Halko approaches the table with the body and examines it as the hacked doors to the morgue swing shut. He's mainly looking for a tag that will identify it as James McGraw or not. There's a tag on the humanoid's big middle toe that has a name on it, but it's not that of James McGraw. He hears the sound of heavy boots running across the tiled floor at a distance in the hallway outside.

Rosseyn erects his force armor and then opens a gateway to the Eclipse. He whispers, "Get it and get through the portal. Something's up out there." He looks around the room for a locker 3-C while opening his gateway, but this is just an examination room. There are no lockers in this spartan room. Rosseyn also hears the sound of heavy boots running across the tiled floor at a distance in the hallway outside.

GM NOTES:
GM Note: Check your inboxes for the map.
Map: 10' per square; because of the resolution, no status icons will be used, see Butcher's Bill

DURATION???--That's something I should track.

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance].); -19 personal S.D.C. only
Halko:
Rosseyn:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 50

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1331/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance]), Currently suspended/held aloft

CJ frowns from within his helmet, not that it makes any difference, and begins to clench and flex his hand to confirm that he's got freedom of movement and can move, then puts his hands to his chest as though the minor injury was painful, **Pffft, tomorrow morning this would not even show a blemish ... I could summon up my Force Disc and just rocket the hell away ... but steering is kind of a problem ... but if I could put in a bit of distance, who the frak cares? ... Maybe I can just pull the rifle and fire wildly to keep them back ... whatever he did to my eyes has to wear off soon, my healing is going to kick its ass ... I just need to give it time ... right? ... Ok so the Speaker/Commander is 1, Dravos is 2, Teğmen is 3, Harbiyeli is 4. That's already more security than there was supposed to be on a Night shift. If I can get hold of one of these guys, I am going to have to make a move. Can't be detained, and I'm not going back into a frakking cell or being sold off to slavers ... I'M NOT! ...**

If anyone touches CJ, the previously docile 'prisoner' grabs hold and begins savagely kicking the tar out of whomever he can grab (since he doesn't have to worry about falling or falling over). If Cairo finds himself holding a rag-doll (seemingly dead guy), he will use the fellow as a shield to parry any additional attacks that he can perceive ...

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 18
APM: 7

1) 2-Handed Grab hold [SH PS 45] of anyone who comes into close/melee proximity ... EP Grab/Strike, (1d4+32)*2 = 66
2) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 14, 2d6+32 = 41
3) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 18, 2d6+32 = 35
4) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 23, 2d6+32 = 37
5) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 21, 2d6+32 = 39
6) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 10, 2d6+32 = 39
7) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 6, 2d6+32 = 38

Parry [13-10=+3]: 1d20+3 = 7, 1d20+3 = 19, 1d20+3 = 6, 1d20+3 = 23, 1d20+3 = 17
Auto-Dodge [+9-10= -1]: Not Used -- If at any point someone comes within melee range, he will use that opportunity to grab hold (see above)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 74

Prowl 65%=1d100 = 23

After looking at the body's toe tag, Halko turns to Nova and shakes his head. Then he says in a low voice, "not him, we need to check another room. Four?"

When the sound of boots echoes down the hall, Halko crouches down beside the examining table and motions Nova to be quiet. Crap, I hope that isn't headed our way. He gets ready to unleash the black goop against whoever may come through the door as he listens to the sound of the boots running down the hall.

As he waits for the sound of the boots to pass, Halko thinks, I'm starting to think Fang has turned into a distraction. We need to get this done and find him before things really go sideways and we have to leave Grymdin altogether.

Sparing a glance at Nova, Halko checks to see if the boss has any other ideas besides waiting for the boots to pass and going to check another room for locker 3-C.


If a tech or guard appears, Halko will immediately attempt to incapacitate them with a glob of sticky goop.

If needed combat rolls;
Attks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 12

1. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: none
2. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 4 Dmg: none
3. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: none
4. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 11 Dmg: none
5. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 4 Dmg: none
6. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: none

if needed Dodge / Parry: 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 14
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 52

Halko wrote:"not him, we need to check another room. Four?"

Damnit. Wrong room. No lockers. This was supposed to be simple. The sound of the boots in the hallway gives Nova pause. He waits for the noise to get slightly more distant and then positions himself to see through the windows of the door (or if it has no windows, opens it a crack to look through). As the door cracks, he has a flashback to an unknown time.
Augur wrote:Fresh subjects for experiments! Submit willingly and your deaths can be for a greater purpose!
What in the hell? Experiments? Submission? What the frak was I reading before lights out last night?
In response to Halko, he holds up his hand to gesticulate a Wait command. Once the noise passes he says "Next room." Before he leaves, he closes the unneeded gateway.

If they come across a security guard:

Contingency Actions
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4 (NAT1) (+6 vs guns and machines) (+7 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
APM: 7

Action 1: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 12. Damage: 2d6 = 8
Action 2: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 14. Damage: 2d6 = 11
Action 3: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 3. Damage: 2d6 = 8
Action 4: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 9. Damage: 2d6 = 4
Action 5: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 15. Damage: 2d6 = 7
Action 6: Force Bolt. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8. Damage: 2d6 = 6
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge.
Opponents are -4 to parry or dodge Force Bolts as they are barely visible.

Dodge: 1d20+8 = 26
Auto-Dodge (vs Tech): 1d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 191d20+4 = 61d20+4 = 221d20+4 = 51d20+4 = 101d20+4 = 18
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2131.75


Cairo hangs in place, peculiarly suspended from what feels like an intangible rope. He hears the faint chirp of a radio something like thirty feet to the east of his position, and a verbal response in Pilian of "affirmative," but otherwise all is quiet.

Halko and Rosseyn hunker down besides the table and are still. The echoes from the boots fade as they seem to head further to the northwest along a corridor. It's someone running. They get up from their half-ass concealment and head into room four. Once inside they are confronted with a series of what are essentially refrigerated meat lockers stacked three high and eight wide. Alphanumerics in Pilian denote the locker columns as A, B, C, and so on. (Rosseyn, Halko, check your inboxes for PMs.)


GM NOTES:
GM Note: Check your inboxes for the map.
Map: 10' per square; because of the resolution, no status icons will be used, see Butcher's Bill

DURATION???--That's something I should track.

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance].); -19 personal S.D.C. only
Halko:
Rosseyn:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Halko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 84

Prowl 65%=1d100 = 89

Halko grins as he sees their possible target. Using hand gestures, Halko motions that he'll check it out.

Moving forward, Halko proceeds to locker 3-C and opens it up. Holy frak if this isn't the right fraking body.... Blah, I'm just ready to be done with this drek. The gladiator fights will be a stand up in your face deal and hells of a lot less complicated than this snooping around stuff. Looking in to the meat tray, he checks to see if it is their man.

If it is the right guy, Halko makes a circular motion with his hand as he signals to Nova that they found him and need a portal. He will then make sure the body bag is sealed and haul the dead man over and through the portal. Once on the ship, Halko will say, "Now, where the frak did Fang get off to? Back to the morgue? Or do you have a portal linked somewhere close by the morgue but outside?"

If it isn't their man in the drawer, Halko will stop himself from slamming the drawer shut. He will close it however, as he starts to go about checking the rest of the drawers, just in case their info was incorrect.


If a tech or guard appears, Halko will immediately attempt to incapacitate them with a glob of sticky goop.

If needed combat rolls;
Attks: 7
Init: 1d20+2 = 12

1. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 5 Dmg: none
2. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 19 Dmg: none
3. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: none
4. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: none
5. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 7 Dmg: none
6. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: none
7. sticky glob at guard: strike: 1d20+3 = 15 Dmg: none

if needed Dodge / Parry: 1d20+4 = 10, 1d20+4 = 8, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 17
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Cairo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 96

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1331/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance]), Currently suspended/held aloft

Cairo finds that his movement, other than being oddly suspended in mid-air, seems otherwise unrestrained, **You guys keeping your distance ehhh? No one wants to come up and disarm the fellow with a damn assault rifle strapped to his back? No one wants to get near the Pistol even? ... I'm not sure what the game is, but I doubt I will getting closer to a win hanging here like a worm on a hook. I hope the others found and got the stupid corpse out ... time to flip a switch.** So, he opts to pull a grenade, **Either you recognize this as a flash grenade and look away, or you don't and get freaked by the imminent explosion, that won't come. Maybe stumble over here, maybe grab for the other grenades ... let's see what happens ... **

If anyone touches CJ, the previously docile 'prisoner' grabs hold [EP Action] and begins savagely kicking the tar out of whomever he can grab (since he doesn't have to worry about falling, or falling over, or being blinded by a flash grenade). If Cairo finds himself holding a rag-doll (seemingly dead guy), he will use the fellow as a shield to parry any additional attacks that he can perceive ...

Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 9
APM: 7

1) Pull Flash Grenade
2) Pull Pin & toss grenade in direction of voice previously speaking, and listen for movement
3) 2-Handed Grab hold [SH PS 45] of anyone who comes into close/melee proximity ... EP Grab/Strike, (1d4+32)*2 = 68
4) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 17, 2d6+32 = 36
5) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 21, 2d6+32 = 39
6) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 10, 2d6+32 = 36
7) Hold on & Kick whoever he has (hopefully) gotten hold of 1d20+5 = 10, 2d6+32 = 44

Parry [13-10=+3]: 1d20+3 = 4, 1d20+3 = 16, 1d20+3 = 22
Auto-Dodge [+9-10= -1]: Not Used -- If at any point someone comes within melee range, he will use that opportunity to grab hold (see above)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 56

Conditions
Body Field: 200/200 SDC


Upon confirmation of finding the correct body, Rosseyn reopens his portal to the Eclipse and helps Halko get the body on board.
Halko wrote: "Now, where the frak did Fang get off to? Back to the morgue? Or do you have a portal linked somewhere close by the morgue but outside?"

"Door's still open, walk right back through to the morgue. I heard something going on out there. Some shouts, boots on the ground. He's probably made. Let's get in there, get him back and then get the hell out."

Rosseyn walks back through his portal into Room 4, draws his pistol and quietly opens the door to assess the situation in the hallway. He closes the portal behind him so that no one else can get through it.

Contingency Actions
If he comes across a guard, he will transform his arm into metal hammer and rap them on the back of the head.
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8(+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
APM: 7
Action 1: Metal hammer (KO) Guard. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: (3d6+7)*2 = 36
Action 2: Metal hammer guard. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 Damage: 3d6+7 = 21
Action 3: Metal hammer guard. Strike: 1d20+3 = 17 Damage: 3d6+7 = 14
Action 4: Metal hammer guard. Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 Damage: 3d6+7 = 18
Action 5: Metal hammer guard. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 Damage: 3d6+7 = 18
Action 6: Metal hammer guard. Strike: 1d20+3 = 4 Damage: 3d6+7 = 15
Action 7: Reserved for dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 8
Autododge (vs tech): 1d20+4 = 241d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 81d20+4 = 181d20+4 = 191d20+4 = 161d20+4 = 6
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Equitable Building - 50A Zanari Street

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 2135


Cairo's not stupid. He recognizes that his captors are keeping their distance, so he pulls a flashbang from his harness and tosses it in the direction of the last guy to speak.

"Grenade!" shouts a voice some distance behind CJ. He hears what sounds like a body hitting the floor in the distance to the east followed by the noise of the flashbang. A third voice makes its presence known near where he threw the flashbang.

"Get up, Harbiyeli. It was just a flashbang. Our visors make such harmless." The voice speaking in Pilian is deep and authoritative. It also sounds as though it's being reproduced through a loudspeaker. Cairo, being a PA driver by training, is familiar with the sound. "Keep your distance from this one. My A.B.S. detector is going wild. Retrieval will be here in a few minutes to pick him up. 'Til then, we just keep him harmless."

The voice behind Cairo speaks up. "My spell will wear off before they get here. Want me to hit him with it again?"

"Don't exhaust your reserves, but keep him in this state, Dravos," responds the new voice.

Halko and Rosseyn locate the body, and coordinate their efforts to get the body out of cold storage. A bang and some shouts are heard in the distance to the north. Rosseyn reopens his portal to the Eclipse, and the two of them carry the body together onto the ship. (This all takes a few minutes.) They reappear through the portal a few minutes later ready to collect Cairo and escape.

(Map remains effectively unchanged.)

GM NOTES:
GM Note: Check your inboxes for the map.
Map: 10' per square; because of the resolution, no status icons will be used, see Butcher's Bill

DURATION???--That's something I should track.

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: Blind (-5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge, and likely to stumble and fall for every 10' of movement [50% chance].); -19 personal S.D.C. only; suspended/held aloft
Halko:
Rosseyn:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Next

Return to Oron Financial Sector

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests