Spacer Street

The Novoo is where people come from all around to get their hands on TGE products, contract shipping and warehousing interests, and dodge sanitation scows en route to clean up Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Niall wrote:Niall smiles. "Whatever that was, it worked. We should decide what we are to each other in this cover identity, in case we ever need to pull that card out again."


"Let's go with disgruntled siblings. Or something similar. I think we can pull that off." She pulls up the data pad again and pulls up her research on Zed's ship. She gets the schematics of a basic courier shuttle. "As for the ship, I can get you the most common performance of that type. I can try to extrapolate based on my visual observation, guesswork, and interviews from the team."

Jill starts to tap away at the screen to see what systems she could shoe horn into the courier. Armor, would be the most important, as it needs to get up close. It should take a pounding till it gets into position. Stealth systems could be used as an alternative. Disabling weapons would be useful, leaving engines.

Spacecraft Mechanics -- 74%
• Anti-Gravity -- 1d100 = 62
• Jump Drive -- 1d100 = 74
• Metallic Hydrogen -- 1d100 = 25
• Nuclear-Fusion -- 1d100 = 59
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Thu May 25, 2017 8:49 pm

((rolls carried over))

Niall wrote:"As far as Zed, yeah, it's going to be non-standard attacks that take him out. Flash, strobes, mental assault, whatever we can bring to bear. You don't think we can trick him into eating a grenade, do you?"


"I doubt that we could get him to swallow a grenade. Maybe throw it into his open mouth?" Jill mildly mused about the different possibilities of how to get a grenade into an unsuspecting target's mouth. "Yeah, I don't think it's a viable option."

Ryden wrote:Ryden listens as they talk, his face thoughtful. "Nothing short of a full R-E-S dive is going to get me anywhere near that kind of access. I don't mind, but I don't want to be here while it's going on. I'd rather find a hide away in the stadium and do it there. That way I can have a fallback and an escape plan that doesn't lead right to us. As for Zed, I think that magic weapon idea is probably our best long shot to date. I mean in a universe where planets are destroyed for commercial benefit, why can't there be magic. Besides, it's not like anything else works. When you rule out the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how implausible, must be the truth."


"Understood, safety is definitely important. And we shouldn't compromise our safe house either." Scratching her head, she ponders a moment about Ryden's comment about Magic. "Magic? Really? I guess anything is possible. I prefer to believe its more likely technology that nobody understands. But, at this point in time, I don't think it really matters. We can't be picky."
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Tue May 30, 2017 6:52 am

(Rolls carried over)

Gillina wrote:"Let's go with disgruntled siblings. Or something similar. I think we can pull that off."


Niall smiles. "That works for me. I have some experience with having a disgruntled sibling. You can be the elder child, who follows the rules and goes by the book... and I'll be me."

He chuckles.

She's a lot like Donall, actually. Like Donall WAS. He briefly thinks back to when they were younger, and how it felt to always be compared to his older brother, and to always come up short in the comparison. It was never said aloud - 'you should be more like Donall' - but he could read the unspoken in his parents' eyes at Donall's every success... and his own every failure. Donall himself was never anything but fraternal with him - he never chided him, scolded him. But a part of Niall always hated him anyway.

Now he would give anything to be compared to Donall once more, but it would never happen again. Anyone who knew both of them was dead.

The smile gone from his face, his mind returns to the conversation at hand.

Gillina wrote:"I doubt that we could get him to swallow a grenade. Maybe throw it into his open mouth? Yeah, I don't think it's a viable option."


Niall smiles once more. "I like this line of strategy. I say we open a restaurant - advertise it as specializing in Nithian cuisine, and serve him a platter full of tiny grenades disguised as fruit."

Gillina wrote:"Magic? Really? I guess anything is possible. I prefer to believe its more likely technology that nobody understands. But, at this point in time, I don't think it really matters. We can't be picky."


Niall shakes his head, bemused at once again having a serious discussion about fairy tale matters. "He's... a tough customer. If magic is a thing, and it can hurt him, then by all means let's use it. As long as we can be... discerning customers of the arcane, I guess? I don't want us trading the family cow for a handful of beans."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue May 30, 2017 10:15 am

((rolls carried over))

"Sounds good, siblings it is." As Niall starts to discuss food for the Nithian, her stomach audibly growls. "I agree, if we had a cow, knowing Noran, he probably would have eaten it by know."

Getting up, Jill stretches her legs and arms, "I am a bit famished." She heads over to the kitchenette in the room and starts to look around. Pots, pans, and various other odds and ends. Nothing worth cooking though...

"Do you have some credits still? I need about two hundred, I'm going to get some provisions to feed the group. Make some real home cooked meal my mother used to make."

After Niall or Ryden hands over a cred chit, she leaves them be and heads over to her room, and changes into one of the dresses that Cairo had purchased for her.
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Tue May 30, 2017 11:42 am

(Rolls carried over)

Gilina wrote:"Do you have some credits still? I need about two hundred, I'm going to get some provisions to feed the group. Make some real home cooked meal my mother used to make."


Niall cannot pull his credit chit out fast enough. He fumbles it and it lands at his feet. He sweeps it up and extends it to Gillina.

"My pleasure."

Frak! Home-cooked food? That sounds AWESOME.

"And if there's any other way in which I can be of service to this most noble goal, I am your humble servant."

(OOC: though note that Niall does not have the cooking skill, so he can't really help.)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm

((rolls carried over))

"Thank you," she takes the chit. "I haven't had a chance since we were last planet side. My skills may be a bit lacking these days, but I will try my hardest to not burn it." She smiles once more thinking of all those meals with her family. The smile on her mother bringing food out of the kitchen, the Oma June's strudel that was sweet, yet tangy and warm. "Of course, that was the staple of cooking with my mother. A little on the burnt side."

After she left the room for hers, she comes back, "Okay, I'll be gone for a short bit. I'll be on Comms if you need me." As she heads out the door Jill wonders, I hope they have some fresh fruit at the market.
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 97

"No trading for beans for me. Actually I'd happily trade for beans we could grow in hydroponics. Hell I don't hit anything without finding tons of research on it. Funny note, I don't know if its practice or what, but I'm reading faster these days. Weird." That his own brain had been doing anything other than learning never even occurred to the genius.

At the prospect of a home cooked meal, Ryden is practically salivating. "I'll go with you, let's see what we can find. If we hit TGE we can probably get you a portable cooking kit that will be sufficient enough. Folding table to hold it all, that sort of thing. Give me a minute and I'll find a market." When she goes to change, he nods. "I'll get dressed too."

(OOC: I'm assuming we can find a local market and something to cook with easily, if not I'll roll the searches)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue May 30, 2017 12:10 pm

((rolls carried over))

Stopping before heading out the door. She walks back into the room. "Sounds good to me, but I think the kitchenette has enough materials here. But we should definitely pick up some disposable dishes and utensils." Pulling out her datapad she starts to write down various items she may need.

    Shopping List:
  1. Disposable dishes & utensils
  2. Disposable baking sheets
  3. Meat
  4. Root Vegetables
  5. Spices
  6. Fruit

Keeping it generic, who knows what we will find out there. "Alright smart-guy, lets go! Let's see about getting back in thirty."

Augur Edit: (Fresh Air Market)
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue May 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 30

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Cook -- EP Crit! / 59%

Jill walks back into the room, "We are back, and I have everything I need." She's easily lugged the food and kitchen material. "Any update on your search?" she pointedly asks Niall as she unboxes and sets up the kitchen material.

As she washes all the ingredients, she starts to cut and prepare them. The knife, comfortable in her hand she chops as a professional chef. The knife slicing and dicing fast. When done, she throws the knife into the board and goes onto the next step of her preparation. While prepping she starts to hum to herself, an old Arismal song her mother and sister always hummed while they cooked in the kitchen. Every once in a while she takes tastes of the food as she cooks, making sure it has plenty of spice to go along with it. This is coming along nicely... I have no idea what a Sorbak roast is, but the shopkeeper was right, it is good.

The smell of the roast and vegetables fill the room, "I am glad this room has a small kitchenette, otherwise we might get in trouble." She smiles to the two men into the room. "Want a small taste?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 54

Ryden's departure is quick and quiet, but his return includes a lot more talk. The conversation is light and focuses on food and dishes. "My old roommate was a professional chef, and would always have me try stuff. Not saying everything was good, because it wasn't. But some stuff was, and I loved the hell out of it. Always weird to see him do the professional dressing of the food, even for a snack. Like one time it was corn chips and chili. The corn chips were arrayed around the chili, and it had this comet like smear of it, like it was the ball in some game with a curved glove to catch with. I seriously had that as my background for weeks. It was the best way ever to present a stupid snack." He's laughing at the end of this story as he walks back in with Jill.

"Hey buddy. Take a snack break." He hands one of the pear-like fruits that taste like strawberries. He ends up in a discussion about the Arena and how it works, but the conversation is light and not meant to go into their mission. 'It's nice to just relax and have conversations, you know?' It meanders, as conversations do, and eventually Jill is asking them to sample food. "Sure!"
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 am

(Rolls carried over)

Niall looks up as they walk in. He'd been thinking about the possibility of Arismal home cooking, but the prospect of using alien ingredients has dimmed his expectations somewhat.

Gillina wrote:"Any update on your search?"


Niall shakes his head. "Still compiling info, running searches using a variety of keywords... I'm not as fast as Brainiac. Hopefully I'll come up with something useful, and this won't have been a gargantuan waste of time."

He bends back over his datapad, and resumes his search. It was unlikely he'd pull any info specific to the arena combatants, but general info aobut their species could theoretically prove useful.

Ryden wrote:"Hey buddy. Take a snack break."


He looks up as Ryden hands him a fruit. He takes it, and eyes it suspiciously. He closes his eyes - in part, smelling the sweet aroma of the pearlike fruit in his hand; in part, wrestling with his own xenophobia (who knew what havoc this alien fruit might wreak on his system?). He sighs, and takes a bite. The strawberry-like juices fill his mouth, awakening parts of his palate he had forgotten he had. "By the gods that's delicious." Voraciously, he tears into the fruit, eating every shred down to the pit, before tossing the remnants into the wastebin. His tastebuds thrumming with forgotten sensations, he turns once more to his search.

He tries to block out the sounds and smells of Gillina's cooking, but he finds himself salivating like one of Pavilar's boarhounds from the old experiment. First the fruit, and now this, cause him to forget his apprehension at the alien cuisine.

By the time she asks:

Gillina wrote:"Want a small taste?"


.. he is fully ready to try the alien food prepared in Arismal fashion. He sets aside his datapad and approaches the kitchenette, feeling for all the world like he did as a small child, approaching the chef at his family's kitchen, with eyes like saucers.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1600

While the Niall and Jill are speaking, and prior to his departure with Gilina, Ryden runs some more searches, using subtle methods and backed by plenty of target research before executing.

Ryden runs a search on the DRO protection of each House.
  • House Amorog: SSS
  • House Dandal: PPP
  • House Mioro: PPP
  • House Xiongnu: SSS
  • House Ytedon: Premiere

Ryden looks for information about what kind of "House" are they? (past performance of the house in general, looking at casualty rates, how they interact with outsiders, etc.)
  • House Amorog is a new house relatively unknown as of yet.
  • House Dandal is a laconic house of great honor and esteem which has been in decline for some time.
  • House Mioro is a quiet and pragmatic house of long standing which has had its fair share of ups and downs.
  • House Xiongnu is a ruthless and boastful house on the rise and which is dedicated to winning at practically any cost.
  • House Ytedon is a secretive, cautious, and wily house whose victories usually come through strategy and tactical trickery.

Looks for contact info, team management, and support staff for each house's team.
  • The results for each are the same in structure: each house is promoted and supported by a staff integrated into the organization.
  • Points of contact are public knowledge. (If absolutely necessary, I will create these as needed, but I'm not going to generate a thousand NPCs to no practical end.)




While Gilina and Ryden are away on their shopping excursion, Niall gets to work doing some basic medical research on the different species of fighters looking to supplement Ryden's notes with strengths and weaknesses for each.

Giga:
Image
Species: Atorian, clan unknown
Fighting Style: Extraordinarily aggressive and vicious
Backers: House Xiongnu
Allies: House Xiongnu fighters
Rivalries: Phallou, treats her with the same vicious contempt one would expect from a master to a rebellious slave

Species general info: Atorians are almost never born with super abilities, but their science is so advanced that such can be instilled through genetic and other means of modification. Super-endowed males are highly coveted for their potential as breeding stock.
Species common powers/weaknesses: None other than those of a social nature.
Species alliances/hatreds: The Atorian view of other species as pawns to be used and exploited is well-known to virtually all in the galaxy.


G'Aric:
Image
Species: Unknown
Fighting Style: Unknown, new fighter
Backers: House Amorog
Allies: None
Rivalries: None

Species general info: While obviously of a humanoid species, his specific species is unknown. Deductive work helps narrow things down: He appears to lack the pointed ears or horns of an Aluta or Shissan, he doesn't have the toughened hide of a Rotharr or an Arreri like Ro, his build is much more broad and he doesn't appear to need the protective eyewear of an Arismal or Kassan, his build is suggestive of a Swip, Naiden, or Atorian male but there's no visual evidence of the hair growth pattern peculiar to Atorians (absolutely no visual evidence; unfalsifiable), his skin tone is far too light for him to be a Darakan, his build is far too broad for him to be an unaltered Hathan or Klikita, the Manarr are practically extinct, and he doesn't appear to have any cybernetics or bionics like one would expect from a Silison, and his appearance and projected demeanor is virtually the opposite of that of a Titon.
Species common powers/weaknesses: See above.
Species alliances/hatreds: See above.


Patry Coxand:
Image
Species: Unknown, rumors abound of him being a Silison gone completely over to cybernetics, other rumors are even more wild, one even suggesting that he's actually a Riathenor from the dark space lanes of Titrana
Fighting Style: Unconventional means and tactics; vicious and with a very high kill to submission ratio
Backers: House Xiongnu
Allies: House Xiongnu fighters...tepidly
Rivalries: None in present match

Species general info: Still unknown/indeterminable, but it's safe to say that he's (it's?) either an artificial life form, or a now wholly (or very nearly so) cybernetic/bionic one.
Species common powers/weaknesses: See above.
Species alliances/hatreds: See above.



Gilina and Ryden return from their shopping expedition.

Gilina puts together an excellent repast with enough for the entire party to be assembled and dine together. (Consumed all purchased foodstuffs.) The main course is a spicy dish incorporating the roast of a Sorbak (whatever kind of beast that is), and is accompanied by a side dish of vegetables and tubers seasoned and deep fried. For desert she prepares spongy milky balls soaked in a floral scented syrup.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Wed May 31, 2017 4:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 7 | 1d100 = 18

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


As Jill is preparing she speaks over to Niall, "So tell me what you got?" listening intently to Niall, she periodically offers him bits of the food that she is preparing.

"So, if i understand this right. House Xiongnu is a very unpredictable house, with two fighters that we know of on the Roster. One is an Atorian, and the other is Robotic in nature?" Tasting some of the vegetables herself, she muses for a second, trying to figure out any sort of countermeasure based on the knowledge from Ryden and Niall. "Well, the Robot guy, what's his name Coxand? He might be affected by EMP, or Magnetic based attacks. Maybe even electrical, or energy, but that is a tough one, he could be grounded or absorb it."

"Can either of you pull up additional images on Coxand?" she asks. I wonder if I can identify any sort of technology on him, if there are any clear photo's of his body parts.

Alien Technology Mechanics -- 1d100 = 5 / 44%
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 32

Stepping through the gateway from the Financial District to his hotel room, Rosseyn makes sure Cairo is through it before he closes it behind him. "Let's check in on those two. See what they've got going on." Rosseyn leaves his room and heads to Gilina's, knocking repeatedly until she opens the door. "Did you miss us? Wait... what is that smell?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Cairo steps through the Portal from their surveillance gig as the smells of food akin to Arismal-Comfort-Cooking waft to his nostrils, "Honey! We're home ..." Lips smacking, he chucks Nova lightly on the shoulder, "... it smells heavenly in here! By the stars, Backlash is going to be a bit sad to miss out on this ... "

**Mmmmm ... Damn. Hehehe I almost wanna blow off any kind of spacewalk ... well except getting tapped unawares by Zed all the time is getting old. Even when I was firing everything my Wardog had on him back on Chandrakhant, he was ignoring it. Maybe a minor delay would be worth it. Use this as a welcome-home feast. Unless he kills us. Then our last meal would be breakfast wraps & muffins ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7

JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 51

Niall peruses the result of his research with disappointment. Well, that's not going to be super helpful. Still... I'll add it to the file, maybe the others can make sommething of it.

He adds the scant info to the fighter's dossiers, before closing down his datapad and setting it aside.

Gillina wrote:"So tell me what you got?"


Niall sighs. "Fat lot of nothing is what I got. Still no idea what clan the Atorian fighter is, nor the races of G'Aric or Coxand, so no intel on racial animosities, strengths, weaknesses, or anything." He shoves his datapad aside, almost petulantly. Ryden would've had their inseam measurements by now, I can't even figure out what frakking species they are.

Gillina wrote:"So, if i understand this right. House Xiongnu is a very unpredictable house, with two fighters that we know of on the Roster. One is an Atorian, and the other is Robotic in nature? Well, the Robot guy, what's his name Coxand? He might be affected by EMP, or Magnetic based attacks. Maybe even electrical, or energy, but that is a tough one, he could be grounded or absorb it."


Niall nods. "That's about the size of it. We can infer some basic abilities - big guy is likely strong, robot guy is likely strong, with some hidden technological weapons or features. We can infer basic weaknesses - robot guy, yeah, EMP or magnetic could be used. Big guy or Atorian? Who knows?" He shrugs, feeling at a loss - though the smell of the cooking is proving a significant distraction from his failure.

Gillina wrote:"Can either of you pull up additional images on Coxand?"


Niall shrugs. "I can try." He pulls his datapad over, and fires up a search. He'll try to evaluate any images that appear, to see if any actionable info can be gleaned from the images, in terms of observable powers or weaknesses.

Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCEED)
Computer Operation ☞ 90% 1d100 = 88 (SUCCEED)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 84 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

Nova wrote:"Did you miss us? Wait... what is that smell?"

Cairo wrote: it smells heavenly in here! By the stars, Backlash is going to be a bit sad to miss out on this ... "


Niall nods, smiling. "Gillina's prepared an Arismal repast for us, using the closest available ingredients." His eyes boggle at the thought of real Arismal food, despite the alien ingredients. "I think it's nearly ready."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 56

Hearing the knocks and calls from down the hallway and opens the door to CJ's and his shared room. "Down here guys."

He plops down on the bed afterwards, and calls to CJ. "I haven't collated it all yet, but here's the raw of what Crash and I found out." He shows him everything so far. He'll show Nova as well. "Thoughts?"
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 8

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Jill continues to hum lightly as she finishes up, This tastes quite good, I hope there is enough for everyone. Some of those lugs can eat a pachyderm. It isn't tell Nova asks what is that smell, that Jill pipes up, "I thought I'd make a home cooked meal. I haven't done one in ages, and I am sure all of us haven't had some good home cooked food in a long time." She plates a plate and hands it to Nova. "It's not the original recipe, but I worked it up some, made some minor changes. Overall I think it's not too bad."

She plates up some more plates, one for everyone in the room. "Where is everyone?" Handing a plate to Cairo last, "No seconds till everyone has their share."

While eating Jill will look through some of the photo's that Niall and Ryden have come up with, to see if she can find any weakness on the fighter Coxand.

Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 72 / 69%
Alien Technology Mechanics -- 1d100 = 16 / 44%
Research -- 1d100 = 18 / 74%
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

CJ tosses his jacket over onto his bed in before passing into Gilina's room with a wave. The Pilot accepts a plate from the New-Girl, "Hehe Oh I don't mind leaving some for Backlash. Jujak's likely never had our food before, so he really wouldn't miss it hehehe ... it might even be considered cruel really. Those two were dispatched for some disguise materials ... something to spoof some biometric sensors. Me & Nova are back to look into dropping an Anchor on Zed's ship since we got it confirmed ... "

Cairo begins to scroll through the raw data that Brainiac has pulled, "Very nice ... it's great to have some info on opponents before the bell rings. So .... 8 others plus me & Halko? 10 for the field ... This Swip named Euger, and Elician called Kraekyo are from the same Fighting house? ... Ok. A Danaus? A bug brings its own armor, and an Atorian too? Hmmmm I wonder if those 2 are really at odds or if its all a sham. A disgruntled member of the brushhead empire could have a lot of contacts and info, or could be a plant. The public conflict could even be there to support the cover ... That G'Aric guy looks like a beast, and Patry Coxand looks like a wildcard on paper. Very interesting. Do we know their win/loss records? How many of these 8 have faced off before?"

Lore: Alien [80%]: 1d100 = 65 -- to recall powers related to the races of his prospective opponents whose races have been confirmed.

Over their meal, CJ uses a biomechanical tentacle to pull out/merge to his Tablet and maximize a video screen for general viewing of Video clips he had previously saved for review, especially anything featuring their current opponents "A bit of Dinner-Theater? ... I bet Backlash and I are getting pretty long odds in the standings." The goal being to break down styles Grappling/Close Striking/Distance/Counter-Focus, and to see whether participants in matches with these rules use in-born ranged attacks (i.e. it says no guns, but if folks who can fire lightning they generate themselves, etc., can use them).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1700


Meanwhile...
A pair of Nithians exit a bar called the Chatsubo three buildings north of the Kelvin and begin meandering their way down Spacer Street towards the hotel. They're chatting between themselves in low voices while the one on the Left flips through some papers he's got in his hands.

Halko returns from his excursion to a hotel room which smells delicious, but which is full of his team.

Augur Note: Every character is now at this location.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:15 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 31

Halko knocks and then pushes through the door. "Well I got some heat and cold packs from a Pharmacy in the Fresh Air Market. That place had tonnes of stuff. We could stock up the ship quite well on personal items and basic needs. I'm sure it'd be a big hit back home. Speaking of, it might be a good idea to grab some alcohol before we go to. Keep the Crow's Nest stocked and we'd be pretty popular." He pauses for a moment wondering if he's given anything away to Ro, but then he shrugs, thinking his comments were all pretty generic.

Looking around the room, Halko puts the heat and cold packs on a table and then gives a big sniff, "Say, what smells so good?" He looks over at Cairo and grins, "Whatever it is, no haasing out on it muscle man."
Last edited by Halko on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 31

Niall wrote:"Gillina's prepared an Arismal repast for us, using the closest available ingredients."

"Repast? Frak, you're a bigger nerd than Brainiac."

Ryden wrote:"Down here guys."
He plops down on the bed afterwards, and calls to CJ. "I haven't collated it all yet, but here's the raw of what Crash and I found out." He shows him everything so far. He'll show Nova as well. "Thoughts?"

Looking over the gathered data about the fighters, Nova starts to worry a bit. "We must make sure the Atorians do not recognize us. We can't risk putting another target on our heads. Giga needs to be taken out. And the rest of them... the lack of information about their capabilities makes this a dicey gamble. This G'Aric looks... massive. And Coxand... fighting robots is something I'm used to but not something I can exactly give advice on. See if you can get more. Anything will be helpful."

Heading back to the room with the food, Nova learns about their meal from Gilina.
Gilina wrote:"I thought I'd make a home cooked meal. I haven't done one in ages, and I am sure all of us haven't had some good home cooked food in a long time." She plates a plate and hands it to Nova. "It's not the original recipe, but I worked it up some, made some minor changes. Overall I think it's not too bad."

"Hassan, you have outdone yourself. This is delicious. I haven't had food like this since..." Rosseyn trails off and takes another bite of the vegetables. "It's delicious. Thank you."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:05 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1700


The group gathers around the dinner table in the well-furnished suite at the Kelvin Hotel. She's whipped up quite a meal for the whole party. The main course is a spicy dish incorporating the roast of a Sorbak (whatever kind of beast that is), and is accompanied by a side dish of vegetables and tubers seasoned and deep fried. For desert she has prepared spongy milky balls soaked in a floral scented syrup.

(Feel free to roleplay this dinner. Pester CC and I in the OOC chat thread when you're ready to move on.)

GM Note: The period following this dinner allows for two days time for tinkering and "off-screen" acquisitions.


At the beginning of the next GM post
Halko and Cairo will be heading to the Bloodsport Hippodrome.

Questions to answer
Who, if anyone, is going with Ryden to The Ceiling Club?
Where will Gilina, Niall, Ro, and Rosseyn be when the fight begins?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 55

A plate evenly balanced with the Sorbak roast beast and fried vegetables/tubers sits before Rosseyn. With delicate precision, he impales bite by bite with his utensil, sometimes setting up a bite with a piece of beast, tuber, beast and vegetable, to get the flavors melding properly. "This is a glorious meal. Mother never cooked, it was always take out or a burnt mess." Once he's finished his plate, Rosseyn goes for desert. Spooning the spongy balls onto his plate, he dribbles extra syrup on top of them. "I don't even know what this is. This looks..." He takes a bite and lets the spongy texture and the floral taste fill his mouth with happiness. "Mmm..." He takes it nice and slow with desert, allowing each bite to speak for itself. "I've gotta start cooking. Wow."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4

JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 97

Rosseyn wrote:"Repast? Frak, you're a bigger nerd than Brainiac."


Niall smirks. "Unlikely."

Rosseyn wrote:"We must make sure the Atorians do not recognize us. We can't risk putting another target on our heads. Giga needs to be taken out. And the rest of them... the lack of information about their capabilities makes this a dicey gamble. This G'Aric looks... massive. And Coxand... fighting robots is something I'm used to but not something I can exactly give advice on. See if you can get more. Anything will be helpful."


Niall nods. "I'm not gonna lie - Ryden is giving me too much credit on this. I did like twice the searching as he did, but came up with 10% of the results. But I'm happy to give it another pass." Ryden's certainly put me to shame - again - but, honestly, I shouldn't try to compete with him. It's like trying to win a foot-race against a Zwoot-horse.

Niall sits down to the aromatic dinner laid out before him, calling to his mind the many fine dinners he enjoyed before. He closes his eyes, allowing the scents of the food to tease his palate. Idly, he thinks, A nice glass of chilled Kendran steppes Rosewine would have complemented this dish wonderfully.

He raises his glass as the others sit. "My compliments to the chef."

He takes a sip of his drink, then attends to his dinner, savoring each bite, the taste combinations playing on his palate. At ADF basic training, he was taught to eat as a biological necessity - intake nutrients in an expeditious manner, then get back to the job at hand. Actually sitting down to an honest-to-gods meal - this was something else, something from a world now gone.

His discerning palate tries to suss out the flavors of the meal. The Roast Sorbak (whatever that is) has a hearty, beefy flavor not unlike a Darris or Balgor cow, but with a Phwoar-bird consistency. The combination of spices for the sauce is perfect - Gillina must've sampled each one to get this so perfect.

The vegetables garner a strange look from him, but the aroma of the food overcomes his reluctance. These tubers look like dravarri, but they're the wrong color. And the florets kind of look like sparran, but, fuller, and, again, the wrong color. Nevertheless, he takes a bite. His tongue senses an explosion of flavors, working in concert. Roasting the vegetables with the spices chosen has worked to sear in the flavors - and these flavors are so close to Arismal food that if I were blind I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

Combining the Sorbak and the side dish together, Niall notices that the flavors complement each other perfectly. It is all he can do to continue to eat with some decorum, and not inhale the delicious meal in one breath.

Niall then examines the dessert. These balls have a sort of bread pudding consistency, but the sticky sauce smells like Rosewood syrup - that must've been what made me think of the wine. He chuckles to himself. He takes a bite, and the dessert practicaly melts in his mouth. He sits back, chewing thoughtfuly, with his eyes closed. "Lords of Cojo."

He turns to Gillina. "You've missed your calling."

Rosseyn wrote:"This is a glorious meal. Mother never cooked, it was always take out or a burnt mess."


Niall nods in agreement. "My mother never cooked either, as far as I know. We always had chefs." He turns back to Gillina. "And this? This meal? This is worthy of any of their efforts."

"I could never cook. But... I can eat." He smiles. "Or rather, I can dine. This is worth dining."

After the meal, Niall assists with clean-up, clearing the table and hand-washing the dishes, utensils, and cookware in the room's sink.

Idly, he chats as he cleans. "So - Soria [Gillina] and I accomplished our mission objective earlier - she's a fine actress in addition to a master chef. I doubt there's anything she can't do."

"As far as I know, the next objective - for me at least - was to accompany Samil [Ryden] to his meeting with the suppliers. I also noted that I can be the corner-man for Noran [Cairo] and Torren [Halko] at the Hippodrome - I can use my ability to heal them in between bouts if need be."

"So, I guess my question is, has my priority changed, or should I still accompany Samil? Happy to do either."

Later, Niall sits down to try to do more research on Giga, G'Aric, and Patry Coxand, as requested by Nova. He opens his datapad, and runs some more searches of publicly-available information, cross-referencing any findings with known intelligence and/or medical background, where applicable. He seeks, primarily, to fill the gaping holes in their knowledge about these combatants. He'll also, specifically, search betting websites, to see the odds on each combatant, as well as summaries of known abilities, win/loss record, and play-by-plays of past battles that might provide valuable info.

Giga
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 76 (write-ups from betting sites - SUCCEED)
Computer Operation ☞ 90% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
Computer Operation ☞ 90% 1d100 = 38 (SUCCEED)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 91 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 79 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 47 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 44 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)

G'Aric
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 30 (write-ups from betting sites - SUCCEED)
Computer Operation ☞ 90% 1d100 = 56 (SUCCEED)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 30 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 90 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 59 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 52 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)

Patry Coxand
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 12 (write-ups from betting sites - SUCCEED)
Computer Operation ☞ 90% 1d100 = 58 (SUCCEED)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 34 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 97 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 87 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 87 (Cross-reference - FAIL)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 6 (Cross-reference - SUCCEED)

Niall will also gladly assist with any tinkering efforts.
OOC Comments
Let me know what skill rolls to provide and how many, and I'll post them.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 68

Ryden shakes his head at Nova and Crash. "Fracking first-tier silver-spoons." He says without adding more. He looks to Jil. "This is amazing though. Tastes like a gamey Balgor. You would have done well on the Stellar Chef competitions."

"Honestly, given the meeting is at the Hippodrome, I'd really suggest an all hands on deck stance, either in the meet or in the ring. I also need time to put together the parts for the goggles together, and I'll need either Crash's or Soria's help. I'd love to skip the meeting entirely and hole up somewhere I can do some dives securely without risking our safehouse; see about getting into the arena's system and watching the fight from their perspective, provide some play by play and see incoming traffic. They don't allow weapons at the clubhouse we're going to, so aside from getting lucky, I'd be less useful in a fight. I mean I can throw down, those lessons from B-Man weren't for nothing, but not sure how effectively it's going to be against enhanced bodyguards, worse come to worse."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 am

Ryden wrote:"Honestly, given the meeting is at the Hippodrome, I'd really suggest an all hands on deck stance, either in the meet or in the ring. I also need time to put together the parts for the goggles together, and I'll need either Crash's or Soria's help."


Niall gets his toolkit. "Happy to help."

Niall first gets to work combining the electronic features as Ryden directs, using his reference library on his datapad to double-check his work
Electrical Engineer ☞ 85% 1d100 = 16 (SUCCEED)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 85% 1d100 = 33 (SUCCEED)

Once successful, Niall works to reassemble the case, again, checking his processes against his datapad.
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 75% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCEED)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 75% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCEED)

OOC Comments
If you need additional rolls or specific rolls I've not included, just let me know and I'll include them.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:00 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

Through/around a rather hefty sized bite of roast-beast, CJ offers a muffled, "Ith-oo-shay-so ... " in response to Halko ... "Thith-ith-great Soria. The Pilot is about 1/3 of the way through his plate before he starts to slow/come-up-for-air that he no longer needs, and returns to the topic of their Arena opponents, Mmmmm ... yeah G'Aric looks like someone you could trade punches with for a good long while. If we could find a couple folks to tie up while the rest of the field thins itself out, that might be a good strategy. Unless we want to tear off into them like Direwolves and start eliminating folks ... but if we do that, we may draw the field's focus ... "

CJ will use a biomechanical tentacle to pull out/merge to his Tablet and maximize a video screen for general viewing of Video clips he had previously saved for review, especially anything featuring their current opponents unless someone seems to object. He continues to hope to get familiar with his opponents' styles (Grappling/Close Striking/Distance/Counter-Punching-Focus/etc.), and to see whether participants in matches with these rules use in-born ranged attacks (
OOC Comments
i.e. it says no guns, but if folks who can fire lightning they generate themselves, etc., can use them ... just looking for a confirmation before CJ get's tagged with a disqualification.
).

Then, realizing that the others (Brainiac/Crash/Jill) haven't been updated on their own results CJ breaks those down between bites, "Oh, for the acquisition job Sammy? It's a snatch job from a Morgue in the Financial District. Estimating a staff of 3 to deal with, and hopefully be gone well before their DRO reacts. It's an odd location in my opinion, but whatever ... Aldric is going to try and Gate us in, but they have biometrics. We wanted to change up our heat signatures, so Torren [Halko] ran down some Heat & Cold packs to give off different Thermal readings. Can you Tech-genuises think of anything quick that could be done to spoof some sensors? ... Because otherwise the plan is pretty raw. I can use a force disc to blank/black out any camera I can see, or hopefully merge in on the fly and loop the feed ... "

After Dinner, CJ will spend a few more hours watching videos and sharing any insights he reaches with Halko (i.e., XXX Likes to go Left, YYY favors a set of bladed cestus ... etc.), hopefully staying out of the way as (likely) Crash & Jill rig up Thermal-decoy spoofing Armor.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 am

(Rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"Oh, for the acquisition job Sammy? It's a snatch job from a Morgue in the Financial District. Estimating a staff of 3 to deal with, and hopefully be gone well before their DRO reacts. It's an odd location in my opinion, but whatever ... Aldric is going to try and Gate us in, but they have biometrics. We wanted to change up our heat signatures, so Torren [Halko] ran down some Heat & Cold packs to give off different Thermal readings. Can you Tech-genuises think of anything quick that could be done to spoof some sensors? ... Because otherwise the plan is pretty raw. I can use a force disc to blank/black out any camera I can see, or hopefully merge in on the fly and loop the feed ... "


"Well, that depends on what kind of sensors."

Niall tries to think about what he knows of biometric sensors, and how security cameras are set up, but he is no surveillance expert. Still, if he can provide any useful information, he will.

Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 75% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCEED)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 32 (SUCCEED)
Optic Systems ☞ 60% 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)
Laser ☞ 60% 1d100 = 7 (SUCCEED)

OOC Comments
This is a job for Nova and Ro!
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 27

After everyone has had a plate, she serves herself and starts to eat. Wow, this turned out much better than I hoped... Those vendors really knew what went well together when I talked to them. Stuffing some food in her face, when the rest of the crew starts to banter about how wonderful the food has been tasting.

Rosseyn wrote: "This is a glorious meal. Mother never cooked, it was always take out or a burnt mess."

Niall wrote:"My mother never cooked either, as far as I know. We always had chefs." He turns back to Gillina. "And this? This meal? This is worthy of any of their efforts."

"I could never cook. But... I can eat. Or rather, I can dine. This is worth dining."

"Thanks guys," she starts off. But being the modest person she is, she continues. "I think you all missed a real meal, with real food. Not that nutrient paste we have been served as food for the past month. Sometimes I felt like burnt plastic on wiring casing would have tasted better than the nutrient paste we had."

I can see it now, my memoirs. Home cooking the highlight of my time in the SOG!

When Ryden asks for help concerning Goggles, Jill steps up, "I'll help out too." She gets her toolkit out and starts to break down the additional goggles Niall needs to put it all back together. "Here you go." She sets the parts in a very organized set in front of Niall, making it easy to identify what he needs to put in next.
Skill Rolls
Mechanical Engineer -- 2d100:
68, 37
/ 74%
Electrical Engineer -- 2d100:
42, 61
/ 59%
Computer Repair -- 2d100:
7, 92
/ 74%

Niall wrote: "So - Soria [Gillina] and I accomplished our mission objective earlier - she's a fine actress in addition to a master chef. I doubt there's anything she can't do."

"As I said earlier, I don't think it was such a good job. I was going for an angry girlfriend, and ended up with angry sibling. Either way it worked, and we got out of there. On my supply trip, I also picked up some hair dye's in case we need to alter our appearance some as well."

When CJ starts to talk about sensors, masking, and how to defeat them, she lets Niall shine with his knowledge. If he looks over to her, she'll reply, "I am not much on that portion of electronics. I'm more of an engine room fix it person, versus setting up optic and video feeds. I can get by, but what your talking about is a little bit above my knowledge. Now talk about power regulators, and physics of FTL travel, we can have a conversation." She smiles bright with that.
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 85

Halko makes his way to the table and collects a plate of the delicious smelling meal. He shoots a grin Niall's way, "Dine indeed" Sitting down, Halko put the plate down in front of him just so, then begins to align of the flatware. He closes his eyes for a moment, Gods bless this food and protect those that consume it. Watch over us and aid us in being successful in our endeavors. Halko opens his eyes and looks around at the others. "Old habits."

Halko proceeds to eat very slowly and methodically. Small bite after small bite, as he savors each and every bit that hits his tongue. "You know Vanko, I think you and I grew up on the same street. Chefs and cooks and maids and all the other crap our parents thought they should spend their money on."

Halko looks between those that are letting very Arismal things slip as they talk. "I'm not one that should talk, but the more alien is around the more he's gonna hear. Maybe we should think about going all in with him." He makes it a point not to look at Ro, if the man has made it into the room at this point. Instead he continues eating his small bites, making sure to chew each piece thoroughly.

When he finally finishes, Halko sits back in his chair. Thinking about fight strategy, Halko says, "I could tie it up with the big guy right off the bat. The other will likely leave him alone, hoping that he'll were down some before they have to face him. I should be able to go toe to toe with him and when the others are thinned out I can finish him off and we can take care of anyone that's left. Then you can throw a punch my way and I'll play the Glass Joe and take a devildive. Or just concede, if the rules allow."

Halko looks over to Nova, "Looks like we have a lot of hooks in the water boss. Might be good if we set up a timetable. That way once jobs start getting done, we can shift around and support each other."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 74


H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

"At present, for the Morgue-job, I think we're looking at Jujak to handle jamming on anything wireless. If you can strap 4-6 Cold-packs on the outside, and get my set of EBA to override its minimal settings and drop its internal temperature to around ... 20° or maybe 15°, I should be able to gut that out without it impacting my performance for about 20 minutes. Torren [Halko] can probably just do with 7-8 Heat-packs on the outside of his suit ... something that would be a bit more noticeable on thermal sensors. Me & Aldric [Nova] were going to space-walk it to the Compulsion very quickly ... that should leave you guys time to tinker before we hit the Morgue tonight."

CJ looks thoughtfully back at Halko for several seconds clearly weighing the larger man's suggestion, "Well, we can tie him up early, but it might be a mistake. I agree you could probably lock his ass down, but maybe what we want to do is kind of ... point him at others and let him thin the field for us. I dunno, whatever you think is best, I'm fine with ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:43 pm

(rolls held over)

Wiping the syrup from his lips with a particularly rough napkin, Nova puts his mind to the business at hand.
Halko wrote:"I'm not one that should talk, but the more alien is around the more he's gonna hear. Maybe we should think about going all in with him." He makes it a point not to look at Ro, if the man has made it into the room at this point. Instead he continues eating his small bites, making sure to chew each piece thoroughly.

"You're right. If he's stuck around for this amount of bullshit, we should give him the info. And if he crosses us, we can just take care of him in the way of our people. Brainiac, give Ro Shambo here the details about us."
Halko wrote:Halko looks over to Nova, "Looks like we have a lot of hooks in the water boss. Might be good if we set up a timetable. That way once jobs start getting done, we can shift around and support each other."

"Right again. When we're done with this meal, Noran and myself are going to do a quick hop over to visit Zed's ship. I'll set up a gateway there and we'll get the hell out. Access to this frakker's craft anytime we want? Sounds perfect to me. When we get back, we're going to suit up for the morgue run and get that completed. Get our payday from the DRO and then off to the fight. Any questions?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 74


H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Wrist-Comm

In a moment of quiet before he leaves with Nova, Cairo will tap Torren [Halko] and ask, "Can I pull 2 more of those Flash Grenades you got, for now? Since we're headed for his Ship and they've been effective, I think I'd like to have a few on hand." He then proceeds to suit up in his Flight Suit + Helmet, **Armor seems like it might hinder my sneaking around and it would be tough to get repaired, I can tough out a few seconds in the void with my Zero-G training ... I wonder if we have anything we could set for remote explosion. If Zed's a 1 man out-fit (and he pretty much seemed to be ... then his budget may be sensitive enough that just threatening to blow his damn ship could be enough. Y'know hold up a remote detonator ?... I wonder if we could just stash a bunch of our newly-acquired guns on his stupid ship. Then go to our DRO and accuse him of theft? ... We have purchase documentation. If we say he took them off us in an alley, well, then it's kind of his word against ours ... and the evidence would be hard to dispute. Oh well ...**

The Pilot checks his harness: Sidearm, 2 Batons, Vibro-Knife, 3 Flash Grenades, Ammo Pouch w 4 Mags, "Sammy? Can you confirm the level and Docking Slip on the Compulsion? ... "

Whenever Nova indicates he's ready, CJ will follow the guy through a Portal back onto the Eclipse. Then, whenever he's gotten suited/armored/armed up, head into the airlock (opposite side from Grymdin), so they can head EVA to [[ Near-Space / Off-Grymdin ]] ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

(rolls held over)

With his meal done, Rosseyn gets himself suited up in the armor that he sent the crew out to purchase and then opens up a portal to the Eclipse with Cairo. Once they're on board, he heads through the airlock to Near Space.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 pm

[rolls held]

Halko nods along as Cairo breaks down the various missions they have going on. After being given instruction on how to prep for the morgue job, Halko says, "Well, this bit with the hot and cold packs is either going to work or some security tech is going to be laughing his balls off. Either way, grab whatever we might need from the ship on your way back through."

When talk shifts to the fight, Halko replies, "Yeah, best to keep it pretty loose on the plans. If we go into any depth, its all gonna go to the hells as soon as the other fighters make their first moves."

When the portal closes, Halko turns to the others and says, "If there's any of that marvelous meal left, I'd love to have a second helping."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:10 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 57

Ryden does a double take as Nova informs him of the order on Ro, and then nods, shrugging. "Sure, just not here." Ryden calls to Nova before he leaves. "Hey do me a favor and bring my tool kits back before you guys suit up and head out. Thanks." Once he returns (assuming he agrees), Ryden sets the two pairs of goggles on the table. "Crash, Soria, can you two help me out? I need to combine these two goggles into one. I think we can route the multi-optics into the VR goggles' video feed and install a switcher. Big thing I need help on is load balancing the power requirements, and fixing the whole thing to look decent after we put it back together. Anyway, so that's it, and here is my tools. Shall we get started?"

Project Notes
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=818&t=15213&p=319650#p319650
Note, all skills and such are best guesses and in no way meant to subsume Augur's judgement, more trying to move things along by providing what I expect to help and I will add anything else asked for
1. Computer Repair 55%/1d100 = 43 (to assist Niall)
2. Electrical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 43, Electrical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 43
3. Electrical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 39 (to help them if needed)
4. Computer Programming 110%/1d100 = 93, Computer Programming 110%/1d100 = 57
5. Computer Repair 55%/1d100 = 84 (to assist Niall)
6. Computer Repair 55%/1d100 = 61 (to assist Niall)
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!)

JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 43

Niall savors each bite of his meal as the discussion continues.

Torren/Halko wrote:"You know Vanko, I think you and I grew up on the same street. Chefs and cooks and maids and all the other crap our parents thought they should spend their money on."


Niall smiles at him. "It's a long street, but with very few houses. And when you have more money than you can spend in a lifetime, you find yourself spending more than you perhaps ought to. But my dad... saw it as an obligation. Our house, he told me, supports a dozen others. The chefs, butlers, housekeepers, groundskeepers.... they all have families. They all live comfortably because we pay them well, and we pay them well because of the quality of their craft." He takes another bite of his food, chewing slowly, locking the taste, texture, and aroma into his memories. "He had this whole speech about how... investing in people creates value. Opportunities. The people we pay, they pay others, they raise kids who continue to hone their craft, and so on, and so on. Value isn't accrued. It's compounded." He shrugs. "I was never the businessman he was."

Torren/Halko wrote:"I'm not one that should talk, but the more alien is around the more he's gonna hear. Maybe we should think about going all in with him."


Aldric/Nova wrote:"You're right. If he's stuck around for this amount of bullshit, we should give him the info. And if he crosses us, we can just take care of him in the way of our people. Brainiac, give Ro Shambo here the details about us."


At the mention of 'alien', Niall's stomach tightens. He glances only very briefly at Ro. Alien? Niall thinks. He knows more about Arismal than some Arismal do. And he laid it on the line for me. He's... one of the good ones.

Niall sighs. "For what it's worth... I agree. He's one of us."

Ryden wrote:"Crash, Soria, can you two help me out? I need to combine these two goggles into one. I think we can route the multi-optics into the VR goggles' video feed and install a switcher. Big thing I need help on is load balancing the power requirements, and fixing the whole thing to look decent after we put it back together. Anyway, so that's it, and here is my tools. Shall we get started?"


Niall nods, and sets himself to the task at hand.

(OOC: rolls provided here, but let me know if additional rolls are needed)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:10 pm

(rolls held)

Halko nods to Niall and huffs, "Now that seems like a good argument. But it sure wasn't the one my dad would have used. My dad was likely the other side of the coin from yours." He gives a shrug. "As far as business goes, well. I think I was always destine for the Fleet." Doesn't really matter much now. Though I'd put up with dad if it meant mom was still alive. No point fantasizing about it now. Tessika or I would have heard something from them by now if any of them made it off the planet...

Halko looks up from his plate of seconds, "Sorry Brainiac. I wish I could help, but business prep school and infantry training don't include a lot of tech skills." He gives a little smirk and says, "I'll keep an eye out and try to stay quiet."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:39 pm

(rolls held)

Ryden snorts at the two silver spoons. "I could have probably shown you both precisely how their money was being spent at the time. The things kids do for fun and dares, let me tell you. Transfer out minute fractions of credits so no one notices the loss, especially if you find a place that has diversified their accounts like most companies and rich families did. It was usually had enough to pay for upgrades until I found legit work in high school and college. Not that I needed it. Mom would have bought it for me. Working in the fleet was the only choice for me. My whole family did. My dad cooked like you Soria. Always this concoction that smelled amazing and included god knows what. The more exotic the better. Mom tried cooking, but while she could create electronics from nothing but raw boards, wire, and solder, she couldn't cook more than using the 'wave. I got my cooking and electronics skill from her." He grins at the last bit.

At Halko's apology, he nods. "No worries."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1730


After Cairo and Rosseyn depart for their op, Ryden corrals Gilina into helping him out with a bit of technical work. Niall, unable to dig up any more information on the arena adversaries despite great effort, volunteers his services as well. Gil seems to be in a bit of a fog, as though her mind was elsewhere, but Niall is extremely helpful in the more complicated matters engineering aspects of Ryden's detailed work.

Using all available tools at hand they disassemble the VR glasses and multi-optics glasses without a hitch. They then string out all the various leads and micro-circuit boards in a logical pattern according to the source and function of each lead, then they hook the various optical electronics into the VR glasses, integrate them into the multi-optics glasses' power, and then verify power connectivity and all functions. The mess of micro-filaments, circuit boards, and optical sensors all function fine, and utilize the multi-optic lenses to both receive and display information. Then Ryden finally carries his own weight as he programs them to accept A.D.F. standard programming and software. The lenses are still just lenses, so the wearer can still see through the glasses if the rest of the functions are somehow disabled or have lost power. They then have to cobble together bits of the frames of both glasses to fashion a functional, wearable container for this suite of optical electronics. The end result looks far more like goggles than glasses due to the extra bulk, and any passerby would think the wearer was a fashionista with strange tastes. They are all dissatisfied with the aesthetics of the piece, but each feels a small measure of satisfaction in having successfully pulled together, pooled their skills, tools, and technical insights, and managed to make a complex, miniaturized piece of highly sophisticated technology.

Code: Select all
[b]Multi-Optic VR Goggles[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/11/20170711192749-3195f64b.png[/img]
[size=85]• Polarized lenses
• Passive IR Nightvision: 300'
• Thermal-Imaging: 300'
• x3 Telescopic magnification
• Integrated Wireless HUD
• Modifiers: +1 to Strike in a RES[/size]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6,1d100 = 43

Ryden tries them on and finds them working perfectly. "Aesthetics need work, but it works perfectly. Thank you both!" Without the trademark shading and polarization of the ADF goggles, he would simply look like a collector and tinkerer. He could handle that.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:43 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 2

Niall feels very satisfied as he helps create the goggles. He smiles as he looks at his work.

Ryden wrote:"Aesthetics need work, but it works perfectly. Thank you both!"


Niall nods appreciatively. "Technically, they're only a prototype. Built without a proper workspace or plan. If you can lay hands on a more aesthetically pleasing set of goggles or glasses that'll hold the hardware, we can build a 2.0 version. We can lay out a parts list if you like."

Niall smiles as he inspects and cleans each of his tools and replaces them into his toolkit. There was a time I'd have scoffed at being asked to do this kind of work. But... I was dumb then. Thinking I could coast through life on my family's money and good will. Crashing my hovercar... may have been the best thing that happened to me. The ADF beat any pretense out of me, and showed me a vocation I actually enjoy. And... being offworld saved my life. He sighs as he closes his toolkit.

That's not entirely true. I'm still pretentious.

He briefly wonders how the others are doing getting aboard the Compulsion to drop an anchor point. Back on Arismal, in movies they had those special tac forces with on-board cameras and telemetrics - they'd transmit things like heart rate, along with real-time audio and visual, so that the operations room could track each individual soldier. He chuckles, thinking about cinema science fiction. Still... so much of science got its start as fiction. It wouldn't be hard to incorporate a biometric sensor into an on-body transponder, that can send camera and microphone data over an encrypted signal. It'd open up a point of vulnerability - the signal could theoretically be hacked - though having Brainiac encrypt it would certainly make that difficult. We also don't have an operations room, to coordinate everything. But... data could be routed to a small display in a set of goggles like we just made... Then we'd be able to track missions like this one with the Compulsion in real time, and send reinforcements when necessary.

He looks at his tools, and over at the goggles they'd just made. Something to think about.

He turns to Ryden. "When we have more time... I might like your help working on a telemetric transponder for each of us to wear, so we can track what's going on when the team separates, and offer assistance. I think that's a bigger project than the VR goggles - just integrating two pieces of hardware together is relatively simple. This'd be a new build. And hard-core encryption would be vital to making this an asset instead of a liability. But I think it'd be something very valuable for us as a unit, and for the other SOGs. What do you think?"

We could incorporate a biomed scanner, camera, mic, radio... those things wouldn't be hard to miniaturize. If we start incorporating like a radar system or targetting computer it would be more difficult.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am

(rolls held)
Ryden gives the thought a few turns around his mind before nodding. "You're going to need more processing power than a normal suit computer. We're talking at least a portable medical computer, more if you want more capability. We could make it truly modular. I mean right now we can share video, but not record it, mark way-points and targets, but not too many. We'd also need more sensors. Beyond the bio-sensors, we'd need proximity sensors, audio and extra cameras too, multiple spectrums too. We'd need to upgrade everyone to goggles like mine, not so much for the VR, but with a HUD so it could overlay whatever information is required. Also need a pair of input gloves, built in, so they can enter information on a virtual keyboard. I mean we're talking a full computer suite. Even just keeping it to command, communication, and medical personnel is a pretty intense expenditure. Worse part is how limited funds are. I mean we could build all the electronics from scratch given time and materials, but we're also geniuses and near-geniuses. I mean Soria's probably the second smartest woman I know besides my gal, and you're no slouch, no matter how much you like to put yourself down. And hell, the dumbest among us is head and shoulders above the rest of the baselines. Aside from some in Data-Processing or Engineering in the fleet, there's just not many who can do this." He stops and realizes he hasn't actually given an assessment.

"So parts list: One moderate computer. Let's call it mid ranged. With a reinforced case so it withstands combat shock. Mount it inside the back plating, inside the armor itself, with cooling gel to keep the wearer comfortable. We'll shunt any heat to the feet and stick some extra cooling gel in there too. VR Interface gloves and a HUD interface, with multi-optics goggles with optional glare filters strong enough for us, but where we can leave them not shaded as well. That plus sensors is enough for a core of armor for medical and command."

"For each other suit, three biometric sensors on the sole of one foot, back of the neck, built into the seal collar, and one in the small of the back. Those are the points of near constant contact by everything we ever learned in training. Seems the best place to put sensors. They should all be near enough get vital readings. Maybe we get two proximity sensors on each side of the shoulders and calves? Audio pickup on the chest and helmet. Video at the collar bone and via the multi-optics. Everyone would need an upgraded Multi-optics visor or helmet. Honestly probably best to go with a helmet, and build any polarization and shading into a secondary pop-down glare shield, but both would work. Tie all the sensors to a low frequency limited strength transmitter that's only available within short range. And give it a physical off switch so it won't give away a position if its an issue. That will be the backup feed to the primary which will be sent via the normal communication link. But all of it will be strictly in send mode. So no tweaking for boosting us, but no vulnerabilities to guard against that way. We'll do all the disabling on the hardware side, not software, that way it can't be overridden by remote."

"At least that's how I'd do it with readily available funds or hardware." He shrugs.
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Niall listens to Ryden's appraisal with rapt attention. Solid plan... "I can see cost would be an issue - I hadn't thought of building it into the armor but that would work. My thought was.... maybe carry a small CPU on a harness clip, have a helmet-mounted A/V and telemetry unit, and an adhesive sensor pad on the skin. But, yeah, more sensors would provide better data. Feed all the data to a bigger unit somewhere that does all the motion tracking remotely." He thinks a moment longer. "Building it into the armor would certainly improve its durability, though."

"What do you think about viability? Would something like this be an asset, or would SOGs see it as... y'know... just spooks keeping tabs, restricting operational freedom? I suppose we could cobble together a limited-use prototype and field test it... My original thought was those units you used to see in action movies, but, really, even just a real-time camera feed could prove helpful."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm

(rolls held)
"Oh that's not just movies. Just happens that that kind of gear costs as much as a shuttle to equip a squad, not to mention the satellites to keep it in contact, and the data-center sized tac room required to serve it. I doubt they had it for every ship or base. I've been base side on an op like that. Of course that was before, but still."

He pats his suit computer. "Mine can handle the data for our squad all day long. We don't produce enough even with the sensor load I'm talking about. Probably drive the boss insane, but still. But with what I am talking about, that mid ranged computer could handle it. Aside from displaying medical data for you and tac data for Nova, it wouldn't be all that much of a drain. It's mostly a recording unit. And yeah, definitely internal. Best would be to put it in some of that new Marine Armor or some power armor, but that's only because we could remove the batteries themselves, using the suit's own power for it. Reduce the heat load considerably."

"Viability? Solid. Value? Not sure. I mean there is something to be said for monitoring too much, but it would have been nice to realize Nova was bleeding out. Like how do you forget you're wounded. I just don't get it."
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 15

Halko finishes off his plate of seconds and stands, moving over to clean up after himself and the team. Listening to the techs dream up mods for their gear, Halko grins, "Hell, with the VR and sensor packages install you could toss in a targeting assist and even a rear view camera." He gives a little grin and a chuckle.

He finishes cleaning up and moves back into the room, taking a seat with the others, "You could put a relay on the Marine armor or in a War Dog and use the extra power to feed the signals bank to the ship and even as secondary storage for the data collected by the regular armor sensors." Shifting in his chair he looks between the techs to see how his ideas are received, then says, "Speaking as a grunt, we don't really care what gets tacked on as long as it doesn't impede our performance through excessive weight or simple distraction. Extra tools are great but if we have to spend so much time monitoring additional systems, will just ignor it or hit that off switch you were talking about." He gives the officers a smirk and shrugs a little.

After a moment of quiet, Halko looks to the spot where Nova and Fang portalled out, "Shouldn't they have been back by now?" He gets up and collects his gear and weapons then moves over to the door and takes a look out the peep hole.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 56

H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 12], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Wearing Magic Ring

Cairo arrives back at the Kelvin Hotel with Nova in tow, carrying his helmet casually along a winding path intended to prevent any tails from following them back. He keeps his eyes warily peeled looking around for anything out of the ordinary as he ponders whether their receipt of the AI transmissions does actually mean that the encryption was broken, or whether the AI could have transmitted to them regardless. As they door swings open to the suite of rooms, CJ stalks in hurling his helmet across the room into the closet. As the door shuts he calls out, "Hey Sammy?! ... You guys around? ... That big Lizard bastage has a mouthy-ass AI who managed to block us from accessing the ship's interior ... "

Intelligence [53%]: 1d100 = 28 -- keeping an eye out for tails/surveillance on the way back to hotel
Streetwise [41%]: 1d100 = 33 -- keeping an eye out for tails/surveillance on the way back to hotel
Radio: Basic [115%]: 1d100 = 6 -- puzzling out radio encryption issue
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:31 am

[rolls held]

Halko looks over to Cairo, great! not only did they not get in to the ship but he likely knows it was us and we just kicked the hornets nest. "I'm guessing we really need to get a plan together for the next time Zed shows up."

Halko looks around the room a little concerned as he wonders what might happen to his friends next. Then he lets out a long sigh and says, "Okay. Time to get a robbing that morgue. Hehe, with our luck that body is going to be near soup consistency by the time we go to move it."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Ryden wrote:"Viability? Solid. Value? Not sure. I mean there is something to be said for monitoring too much, but it would have been nice to realize Nova was bleeding out. Like how do you forget you're wounded. I just don't get it."


Halko wrote:You could put a relay on the Marine armor or in a War Dog and use the extra power to feed the signals bank to the ship and even as secondary storage for the data collected by the regular armor sensors. Speaking as a grunt, we don't really care what gets tacked on as long as it doesn't impede our performance through excessive weight or simple distraction. Extra tools are great but if we have to spend so much time monitoring additional systems, will just ignor it or hit that off switch you were talking about."


Niall chuckles. "Maybe we need to step back, and just look at functionality we can use, and build up from there. While it'd be nice to have a medical feed on everyone... I'm not sure that's a feature that we need when I can just, y'know, pay more attention. Telemetry, though... back on Arismal we had the satellite positioning system, but out in space, on space stations, ships and alien worlds, we don't have a reliable way of tracking each other. For instance, I don't know where the heck Cairo and Nova..."

Niall shuts up as the door opens, and CJ and Nova enter.

"Speak of Setis and Setis appears." He smiles.

Cairo wrote:"That big Lizard bastage has a mouthy-ass AI who managed to block us from accessing the ship's interior ... "


Niall frowns. "Because of course he does... that frakker has top-of-the-line everything."

Halko wrote:"I'm guessing we really need to get a plan together for the next time Zed shows up."


Niall shakes his head. "Where's that magic cannon when you need it? I guess the Compulsion is a dead line of attack then, unless we can deal with that AI. I wonder if it uses an IFF transponder or just A/V data... Probably a combo of both."

Niall sets about thinking of how to disable a shipboard AI remotely, while noting that this is clearly more Ryden's strength.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Novoo Industrial Sector

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron