The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:25 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A. (day after bar scene)
Time: 1200
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Outskirts of Merctown, just beyond the City Gates

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz



The various members of the Roughnecks and Spook Squad pass through the Warrens and then the Dockside district before reaching the Merctown gates adjacent to the Ohio River. The technicians at the gates take care of restoring the functionality of those systems prohibited in Merctown before waving them through the gates en masse. After passing through the Dockside gates, they cross a bridge over the Ohio River. To the south they see the filth & frenetic activity of the Dockside district with the cranes and watercraft under construction at Poseidon Shipwrights gleaming brilliantly in the high sun. From their vantage they can see a trio of teenage boys fishing by the river in the shade of one of the idle cranes. They look to be shabbily dressed and poor, but enjoying their lives as they struggle to earn their dinners through testing their skills at the rod. They aren't possessed of the knowledge of impending doom and the urgency with which some tasks must be accomplished so that others might lazily fish in the noon sun down by the river.

On the far side of the bridge the paved road veers sharply to the north eventually heading into Coalition territory. Due east of their position, according to some sources, is hidden the fabled City of Brass nestled somewhere in the Kingdom of Dunscon, seat of the True Federation. Elsewhere in various regions east of Merctown, the hidden city-state of Dweomer goes about its inscrutable business, the kingdom of Stormspire melds magic and industry on a colossal scale, and the distant, myth-shrouded city of Psyscape tries to keep all manner of evils at bay. But first there is forest. Endless miles of forest that creep all the way to the river's edge and, according to some scouts, extends all the way to another ocean. Some scouts who are long in the tooth and full of stories insist that a squirrel on the eastern side of the Ohio river could travel all the way to the distant eastern coast without touching the ground. The hills extending away from the Ohio River to the east are known to hide any number of smaller rivers and streams, and as one heads farther east into the deeper, older sections of the forest, rugged hills, craggy slopes, and sudden drop-offs hidden by dense foliage are their own dangers. Hidden beneath the canopy of this seemingly endless forest are all manner of rumored threats, wonders, and oddities.

John looks out over the expanse of forest ahead of them. He fishes out his Wilks PC-2020 and consults his two maps.
Ancient Map (open in new tab)
Old CS Map (open in new tab)

Minerva revs the silent electric engine of her Black Talon unsatisfyingly. She muses how there's always a trade off. Sure, this beast has a smooth ride and it could make multiple trips to anywhere in the Federation on one charge, but damn it, the hum of the electric plant just isn't satisfying like the growl of an internal combustion plant.

Ray begins rising the ATRV to its maximum altitude, then keys the internal comm mic. "Attention, this is your pilot speaking. We'll be cruising at an altitude of eighty feet and flying just over the canopy of the forests ahead. The view from the observation deck should be remarkable...if one has an eye for such aesthetics. John will be our ground-based navigational aid on this little jaunt, and guiding us along a route most conducive to our travels. Your pilot would like to advise you, however, that we shall likely be forced to near ground level at points as the height of the forest will, in some cases, exceed that our our altitude ceiling. That is all." He kills the comm, and flashes a thumbs-up back to the crew behind him at his station in the pilot's compartment.

William stands behind Ray in the pilot's compartment watching as the ground recedes below them and the canopy of the forest rolls into view. It's like an ocean of rolling green waves with occasional cresting ripples of brown breaking the smooth continuity of the endless forest. He considers his wing board in his compartment and further considers that the airlock can be opened at altitude to allow him egress and flight whenever he needs to do so.

Jack saunters up to the top deck to find Mercedes and Wakiza already there. The three look out over the forest spread before them. It seems to go on forever.

Whisper wipes her mouth in one of the vacant crew compartments and hides the mess the she made. Those drinks sitting in her guts from the bar last night sure the hell didn't appreciate flying. She can hear the others about the flying wagon, and Lahz's stupid robot over the PA. His synthetic voice like jackhammers in her ears.

Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar rise alongside the ATRV as it lifts off. Vheld considers the non-zero possibility that whatever's going on in the darkest parts of the Federation might either end his life, or grant him the tools to deliver the vengeance he so craves.

Lahz looks at the edge of the forest he is about to enter, resigning himself to the fact that the terrain might be as much of a danger as any minions of Nxla he may face. As he thinks of his family, he reminds himself that there is more riding on this adventure than just his own survival.

Tony seems almost restless besides his master, uncaring about the danger ahead, programmed only to care about the safety of the D'Gemmel family.

As you begin to set out, relying on John to find a path through the forest that everyone can traverse with relative safety, you see a massive Behemoth Explorer accompanied by a NG Pathmaker headed back to town. The Behemoth is known as the Templar's transport, and many of you wonder if they found the fortune and glory they sought.

Just inside the edge of the forest, where the ground begins to be speckled by the sunlight, Slithn lets out a mournful wail that penetrates throughout the ARTV, a haunting, chilling sound.

Open if you are psychic
You feel a sudden sense of dread overtake you, feeling as if an ancient, primordial, entity is reaching out of the forest for your soul. It seems to last forever, but when it finally passes and you look at a clock, you notice that only half a minute has passed.


GM NOTES:
  1. You will have three GMs throughout this adventure.
  2. Group leaders determine the desired destination(s).
  3. John (being the trail-blazer & having maps) will determine your course (at this stage). John, please alter & share the maps to show how you intend to go from point A to point B.
  4. NE-ATRV Main Deck (open in new tab)
  5. NE-ATRV Top Deck (open in new tab)

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:22 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 74
PER: 1d100 = 80 vs. 51%

With their most recent mission involving alien tech that was at best uninteresting to Vheld (and, at worst and far likelier, largely useless to his goals), the shifter regards his first real trip into the magic zone with something approaching glee. The area will no doubt be full of knowledge and items that the shifter could put to good use. Atop Bel'Dar, Vheld will wait impatiently for the others to get underway.

Brokswa is bored waiting for the others to get moving, but knows to curb his impatience in the presence of his master. As the ATV lifts off, Vheld gestures to it. "Why don't you hitch a ride for now. No sense in giving any enemies an accurate sense of our numbers prematurely. Be ready for my summons." Brokswa snorts and complies- being used to hitching rides on FTL craft, the plasma demon anticipates no problems here.

Inside, Sshir is as cool as his elemental namesake- sitting in the back of the cargo bay. If any mortals approach, he will amuse himself by trying to scare them- lowering the internal temperature of the cargo bay a bit, and practicing various fiendish grins. Mostly though, if he is left alone he will leave the others alone. Sil, however, will try to stay relatively close to the others in the crew compartment (space, and temperament of the Roughnecks, permitting) so that Vheld can telepathically listen in on any discussions or new developments through his familiar. Slithn, for whom space and walls are immaterial, will park herself near one of the windows and simply enjoy the view. At least, until some funkiness arouses her psychic senses.

At the sound of the shriek, both Sil and Sshir will round on their companion, and (prompted by Vheld) Sil will approach the wraith with a solicitous look in her eye. Slithn responds in her sighing voice, "A waaaarning. Aansshhient powerhh beckons. Bewaare." Lovely. Vheld thinks. To his medallion, he queries Did you get that as well? and, assuming an affirmative response replies on the (shared?) team channel, "Looks like another psychic event. You okay, Lahz?"

Once everyone is determined to be alright and a preliminary destination set, Vheld will take off alongside the ATV. Should anyone inquire as to where they're headed, Vheld will offer "I suggest we try to find this 'Psyscape.' Alternatively, given the number of psychic signals some of us have already picked up, perhaps we should just head into the wilderness and see where they take us."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 63%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 60

John, wearing some super-baggy clothes, takes a deep breath of the fresh morning air as the two teams, now one, leave the gates of Merctown. He looks at the boys enjoying their bucolic day of fishing and waves to them. "No, don't worry about it, kids. We'll save the world. You just keep fishing."

He then pulls out the two maps and gets on the secure radio. "Uh, comms, this is Pebbles. I've got some doubts about one of these maps as it's got my home town placed some 300 miles east and across a river from its actual location. If anyone has more knowledge about the target area, come on down and point at these maps for me. Otherwise, I'll take my best shot based on the intel we have with an eye to getting more information from locals."

I shouldn't be surprised that the Coalition turned this out as a 'map.' Hopefully it cost them a lot of lives.

Using his helmet camera, he uploads the maps so everyone else can see them.

Regardless of any input from the team, John starts leading them up-river along the Ohio towards the location for Dunscon noted on the old CS map, giving the ATRV a nice big area to fly through. As they move into the woods and out of sight of Merctown, John grows to 10 feet tall, pushing his ogre-sized onesie to the limit.

Land Navigation: 1d100 = 72 / 70% (Feel free to give any appropriate bonus for following a major river)
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 33 / 41%
Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 29 / 66%
Lore: Fairies & Creatures of Magic (to spot potentially dangerous habitats): 1d100 = 48 / 46%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to spot potentially dangerous habitats): 1d100 = 40 / 71%


The Route
If no one provides a different location to head for, John is going straight up the Ohio to where Dunscon is on the Coalition map, with the plan of contacting locals once they're in the area. Following the river should hopefully give us the fastest/clearest route for the ATRV and let us cut total travel time substantially. Once the team is approximately 100 miles out, he'll see if Wak wants to set down or approach less obviously.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 68

"Adventure!" Will rises early the morning of their departure. He hits the gym for a bit of exercise, showers and then gets himself equipped. Taking a look at his Battler Armor given to him as a graduation present from the School of Battle, Will has some words. Alright armor. This is your last rodeo before I replace you with something shiny and new. You've protected me well and I will always hold a place for you in my thoughts. He slips the pieces on and slides his draining blade into its scabbard on his back. Fully dressed, he makes a quick breakfast of orange juice, toast and eggs and waits until Wakiza signals that it's time to load up.

On board the ATRV, he enjoys the view of the green forest that goes on forever. Turning to Ray he asks "Robot. Forgive my ignorance, I am a man of magic. Do you have feelings? Emotions? We are going on an adventure. Are you excited? I'm excited. Do you know our robot Dave?" Will keeps his eyes on the forest floor while waiting for an answer.

Upon hearing the shriek from the back, Will thinks Is one of the creatures afraid of heights? That seems odd.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 94
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 46

Jack is in the top deck with Mercedes and Wakiza. He is amazed at all the green outside. “Wow, this is totally different from the south of Aussieland. Northern you get some jungles but nothing like this.”

As the various vehicles goes by, he can’t help but wonder why Australia is so backward when it comes to the Tech.
“Dang more flying craft here then I have seen in all my time back home.”

Then he sees the massive Behemoth Explorer coming out and his jaw hangs open for a bit his eyes follow it with disbelief. “What the hell is that?” he turns to the others on deck trying to judge if they are excited about seeing this thing moving. When most aren’t acting like a kid in a toy store, he just goes back to looking at it. “Blooming onions that thing is big. Bigger then this thing.”

All of a sudden Jack looks at Waz, “Hey Mate, tis the trail left by that thing going in the right direction, and could we use it to get to where we need to be?

You feel a sudden sense of dread overtake you, feeling as if an ancient, primordial, entity is reaching out of the forest for your soul. It seems to last forever, but when it finally passes and you look at a clock, you notice that only half a minute has passed.


Jack sits down quickly and tries to regain his senses, "OK, that was a big kick in the head, I got another feeling of doom it is try to grab us."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 32

Por todas las cosas maravillosas de esta máquina, sigue siendo una eléctrica. Minerva revs up her silent motorcycle and follows John's lead. She hits the button on her radio keyed to the joint Spook Squad/Roughnecks channel. "Diamond to Pebbles. 300 miles is a big margin for error, no? I follow your lead, regardless." Minerva does just that right up to the edge of the forest. As she enters the forest, her motorcycle comes to a stop as she feels a sense of impending doom wash over her. After what feels like forever, she feels the grasp on her retreat. It begins. She starts her motorcycle up again and tries to catch up with Pebbles.
Vheld wrote:"Looks like another psychic event. You okay, Lahz?"

"Diamond to Deuce, confirmation. I was hit with something serious and strong. Continuing forward."

Translations
Por todas las cosas maravillosas de esta máquina, sigue siendo una eléctrica.=For all of the wonderful things about this machine, it's still an electric.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 pm

ROLLS HELD

Minerva wrote:"Diamond to Pebbles. 300 miles is a big margin for error, no? I follow your lead, regardless."[/b]


"Well, there is word of one of more large communities almost straight up the Ohio river, and no matter where you are, people tend to cluster around water sources. So, worst case scenario, we may have to ask directions."

He pauses, then says with deep sarcasm, "I'm sure the people of the Magic Zone will be hospitable. The region is known for it."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:25 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 21 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 44

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Roadrunner PA (No Helmet)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 5



Rising early, Lahz has a last breakfast with his wife and daughter before strapping in to hit the road with Ray and Tony (now sporting a custom Wellington hand-cannon at his hip). Outside the gates, Lahz begins walking at purposeful, easy cross-country jog (30 mph) when, just inside the edge of the forest, a haunting, chilling sound peels out into the distance and the mental assault tears across his mental blocks.

When the sense of near-eternal dread overtakes Lahz he fully misses a step dropping ignobly flat onto his face with a thump and crash until it passes.

Vheld wrote:"Looks like another psychic event. You okay, Lahz?"... "I suggest we try to find this 'Psyscape.' Alternatively, given the number of psychic signals some of us have already picked up, perhaps we should just head into the wilderness and see where they take us."


Altfeld wrote:"Uh, comms, this is Pebbles. I've got some doubts about one of these maps as it's got my home town placed some 300 miles east and across a river from its actual location. If anyone has more knowledge about the target area, come on down and point at these maps for me. Otherwise, I'll take my best shot based on the intel we have with an eye to getting more information from locals."


Shaking off the cobwebs, the Psi-Tech clambers back to his feet glad that most everyone is riding in the damn ATV so he hasn't lost too much dignity, "Fine down here Deuce, took us all by surprise I reckon. Pebbles is it? Hold up a minute, I'd like to see those maps so if we lose sight of you and need to catch up."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mercedes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 81
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 94/80%

"Why can't we just take a ley line to our destination?", Mercedes whines to Wak, as pleasantly as ever.
This is taking entirely too long already.

You feel a sudden sense of dread overtake you, feeling as if an ancient, primordial, entity is reaching out of the forest for your soul. It seems to last forever, but when it finally passes and you look at a clock, you notice that only half a minute has passed.

"Oh, bloody hell.", Mercedes mutters, swaying suddenly, holding her head.

"OK, that was a big kick in the head, I got another feeling of doom it is try to grab us."

"Yet again, it would seem.", Mercedes nods, finding a seat to sit down. She crosses her legs daintily and attempts to refocus,
putting up a mind block as a paranoid precaution. As if I'd like to feel THAT again.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Whisper » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 20;JIC d100: 1d100 = 79

Ugh, the hell was in that alcohol? I haven't felt this bad since Lulu and I had a drinking contest.
"Should I fly a patrol, boss?", Lily asks, thinking Please say 'no', please say 'no'..

Should she be requested to do so, Whisper will wearily suit up and begin flying a loose circle around the ATRV.

If not, she nurses her hangover and tries to sneak off to catch some sleep. Preferably somewhere quiet.
God, my head feels like it'll split any second. I should find a spot to nap. I seem to be able to go mostly unnoticed anyways.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Dodsrike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A. (day after bar scene)
Time: 1400
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Following the river makes it easier to know one's relative whereabouts, but navigating the mess along the shores keeps the group from rapid travel. Regardless, the group covers about fifty miles distance along the riverbank though it doesn't feel like a lot of progress. There haven't been any signs of civilization although the local wildlife certainly makes it presence known. At places the forest runs up almost to the riverbank, forcing those walking to wade into the river, and those on the ground to travel through the forest. It is just after one of these areas, the longest the group has yet run into, that the river widens to accommodate an island. On the banks of the river across from the island the group sees the first signs of habitation since leaving Merctown: a small fishing village.

As the group nears the town they notice that it doesn't seem to be inhabited. From the look of things its inhabitants seem to have left recently. As the group reaches the edge of the town, they see signs of what looks like a caravan, perhaps several, leaving the village. A quick look around confirms that there is no one left, although it is easy to see where people have left personal trinkets and items behind. There are no signs of violence, none of the usual tell-tales of the supernatural hanging about town, just an eerie emptiness. As the group is trying to figure out what could have caused this, they hear an engine start across the river. What could charitably be described as a boat is ferrying passengers across the river towards the village in which the group finds itself.

The boat reaches the side of the river on which the group is located, and half a dozen adults egress from the boat, and gather their supplies. They don't even seem to take notice of the group. Without hesitation they start marching towards the forest, not even stopping to see the village. It suddenly strikes everyone what felt off about the fishing village: there were no boats moored at the fishing village. As the group looks further along the shoreline they can see that other boats have been grounded against the bank on this side as well. It doesn't take much work to notice that the tracks away from the boats all lead into the forest. Everyone seems to have left at the same approximate time, leaving nothing but useless mementos behind.

MAP REVEAL
Image


Open If You're a Dragon
The village isn't much, but there were plenty of options. You took your time, tried them all, but you finally found a bed to take your nap in. Even had your pick of some alcohol, although the food selection was rather slim. It makes it quite easy to doze off in the comfy bed you found, a nice long nap. Which is suddenly interrupted by the sound of something big and metal walking through the area. Make that several somethings. Whatever dreams you were having are gone now, replaced by the sound of people nearby.


GM NOTES:
  1. You will have three GMs throughout this adventure.
  2. Group leaders determine the desired destination(s).
  3. John (being the trail-blazer & having maps) will determine your course (at this stage). John, please alter & share the maps to show how you intend to go from point A to point B.
  4. NE-ATRV Main Deck (open in new tab)
  5. NE-ATRV Top Deck (open in new tab)

What are your intentions?


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

John Altfeld:
Murdoc:
William Summers:
Bettie Houser:
Jack Killian:
Flynn:
Mercedes:
Wakiza:
Cro:
Whisper:
Lahz:
Minerva:
Vheld:
ATRV:
Image
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 64%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 15

John gets into conversational range with Minerva and Vheld, pointing over at the group of locals. "Do you two want to talk to them and I'll get started on searching the village? I figure you're less scary than I am and we need to take advantage of them being here in case the village really is deserted."

Assuming they agree, John jumps on comms. "This is Pebbles. Diamond and Vicious V are going to talk to this group of people and I'll start going over the village, but we can probably use some extra eyes down here. At first glance it looks like we've got a Pied Piper situation."

John then searches the village for stragglers or any kind of clues, starting with the docks and working in.

Tracking: People: 1d100 = 80 / 41%
Track Animals: 1d100 = 77 / 56%
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 53 / 41%
Lore (whichever of these is appropriate to see if I have any idea of what's going on here): 1d100 = 24 / (Faeries/Creatures of Magic - 46%, Demons/Monsters - 71%, Magic - 66%)
Carpentry (to determine the quality of their buildings): 1d100 = 35 / 61%

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 feet

CONTINGENCY
If Minerva and Vheld both refuse to talk to the locals, John shrinks to +1 foot and goes over himself, knowing this is a limited-time opportunity. "Hey, I'm John," he says to the people. "We just got into the area and were hoping to get some directions. This place is pretty empty. Is it a festival today or something?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 51

Minerva pulls up behind John and kicks out her stand, keeping her motorcycle upright. She cuts the electric motor and steps off. Placing her hood over her head, she looks around the area while waiting for John's next move.

John Altfeld wrote:"Do you two want to talk to them and I'll get started on searching the village? I figure you're less scary than I am and we need to take advantage of them being here in case the village really is deserted."


"This conversation will be, how do you say... riveted, no?" Minerva walks quickly over to cut the half dozen off before they make it into the forest. "Hello. What can you tell me about where we are?" She pays close attention to their responses. If she notices anything off about the adults, she will transform into her MDC supernatural state for protection's sake before asking any questions. Either way, she follows up by sensing their Auras psychically (See Aura, -6 ISP). She looks at each of the half dozen individually to determine what is going on with them.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 94
PER: 1d100 = 14 vs. 51%

Dimension sense prep- 1d6+2 = 5 minutes

As the team moves out, Vheld gives orders to the two minions with him. "Brokswa, stay with the vehicle. Keep an eye out for any threats to it and notify me at once if you see anything suspicious or hostile. Bel'Dar, keep an eye on the local wildlife and keep pace with the vehicle. Anything gets to close, let me know. I intend to be... otherwise engaged."

Vheld himself will begin meditating upon his dimension sense. The shifter knows a thing or two about the high levels of magical energy and dimensional instability in the magic zone, and he will attempt to give the team every edge they can get in dealing with them. That means Vheld keeping his dimension sense active for as much of the trip as he can- if he can do so constantly, great. His directions to his minions will be simple enough for them to follow. Otherwise, he will periodically check it every 20 minutes or so, in addition to keeping an 'eye' out for any nearby ley lines, nexuses, or rifts. Anything he finds he will immediately report over the group comms.

John Altfeld wrote:"Do you two want to talk to them and I'll get started on searching the village? I figure you're less scary than I am and we need to take advantage of them being here in case the village really is deserted."
Less scary? Is he serious? Vheld, glancing down at himself, replies over the radio "Are you serious?" Without waiting for a reply, Vheld sighs and brings Bel'dar in for a landing near the village center; to Brokswa, he adds "Stay put." Apparently I need to work on my aesthetic. "Deuce here. Acknowledged, will land in the village and meet up with Minerva." She can do the talking.

Assuming Vheld himself notices, or has pointed out to him, the abrupt-looking nature of the village's departure, the shifter frowns. Sounds like some sort of magical or psychic influence. Then he smiles, and pats Bel'Dar. "Time to frighten some civilians. Head for that group debarking- don't bar their way, but land in front of them and make your presence known, but don't hurt anybody unless they become hostile." Bel'Dar, always up for some mortal mayhem, takes to the task with relish and banks into a hard, fast landing- plummeting to the ground and settling on its haunches with a loud screech (HF 14 if it matters) close enough in front of the group to startle or scare, but far enough to not directly obstruct their progress.

If Vheld's hypothesis is confirmed, he will nod and say into the comm. "Either something is bewitching these people, or deevils dropping out of the sky are a common enough occurrence as to provoke absolutely no reaction. Even for the magic zone, the latter seems unlikely." If, on the other hand, Vheld did in fact just terrorize a group of civilians for no good reason, he will shrug and mutter "Just testing a theory, my mistake."

If, on the other hand, the left-behind mementos or odd placement of the fishing boats or similar ephemera are not obvious from the air or not pointed out to Vheld by a teammate, he will land Bel'Dar a more conservative distance outside the village square, dismount, and follow Minerva in. Ever the introvert, the shifter is more than happy to let her do the talking while he stands back and looks mysterious. Should the need arise, he will summon Bel'Dar with a whistle and have him perform a similar stunt with the villagers as above.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:00 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 41 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 88

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 47



Walking into the 'Town' a bit behind Minerva and the 10ft version of Altfield ('Pebbles'), Lahz makes for the docks offers a way he also looks around to see if anything was left behind (OOC: Boats? Heavy duty rope?) and spots the people disembarking from their boat. "Tony keep an eye out for any trouble. Let's go down and see where these people are headed."

From his elevated position within the Marauder he looks around up and down the riverbank to see if there are any other boats or just here along the Village, and monitor the discussion between Vheld/Minerva and the peasants from a distance (~150-200ft), *No need to approach and seem threatening. Out here large war machines can be trouble, but if I need to I can always pop the turrets in for auto-targetting ... Y'know maybe I should loon into a TW sidearm too even something to bolt onto exterior, maybe one of those netguns as well. Hmmm ... *



TONY

Tony walks along several steps behind Lahz, then proceeds to search as directed ...

[*] Detect Ambush [50%]: 1d100 = 15
[*] Track People [80%]: 1d100 = 87
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 91
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Jack is looking around at the scene below from the Vantage point of the top deck of the ARTV when he hears the call From John.

Assuming they agree, John jumps on comms. "This is Pebbles. Diamond and Vicious V are going to talk to this group of people and I'll start going over the village, but we can probably use some extra eyes down here. At first glance it looks like we've got a Pied Piper situation."


Jack turns to Waz and Mercedes and speaks up, "I think one of us should head down, but I can’t fly. Anyway, I think we can’t do much from here and we should head to the lower deck so we can get out of here if needed.”

Jack heads to the lower deck and announces over the radio, “Volcano, heading to the exit, getting ready to deploy.”

Jack thinks, "Man get to the door and worse comes to worse I can try to rain down fire one anything that is popping out." Jack looks at the door And attaches the safety line prior to opening the door. (Especially if at the Gunners position)
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 71

From the Pilot's Compartment, Will continues to watch and note their path and the land around them. (Land Navigation: 1d100 = 17/79%) "Well, this is a strange occurrence. Why would the villagers leave their things behind? Why wouldn't they stop when they saw us approach? I hope they're alright down there." Will continues to observe by Ray's side unless called down by Wakiza or someone else.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mercedes » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 76
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 62/80%

Jack wrote: "I think one of us should head down, but I can’t fly. Anyway, I think we can’t do much from here and we should head to the lower deck so we can get out of here if needed.”

"I am unable to fly, Jack. I suppose I'll accompany you to the lower deck.", Mercedes announces haughtily.
Who cares about those people? Why are we bothering with them?, she wonders as she copies Jack and hooks in.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Whisper » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 16;JIC d100: 1d100 = 7

Awoken by radio traffic, Lily mumbles to herself. "Aw fuck. I guess I'd better get my suit ready."
Using the walls for support, Whisper slowly makes her way from her hiding spot to the cargo bay in order to get her Mecha-Knight ready to fly.

Once suited up, she lets her team know that she's ready to go. "Tarot here. I'm suited up and to fly."
Ow, my head hurts so much.

After a few minutes, an unsteady Mecha-knight stands leaning on a door, prepped for launch.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A. (day after bar scene)
Time: 1415
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, light breeze from the east
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

The arrival of a large hover vehicle followed by monstrous minions and men piloting machines of war elicits no more response from those walking East than a light breeze. Their faces carry flat expressions. There's not a glimmer of happiness, enthusiasm, fear, anger, determination...nothing. Up in the ATRV, Jack heads to the lower deck and announces over the multi-group radio channel, "Volcano, heading to the exit, getting ready to deploy." He attaches a safety line and opens the door. From his vantage above, everything looks normal and peaceful, a bit boring even. In the cockpit of the ATRV, Will observes the scene below and comments to Ray. "Well, this is a strange occurrence. Why would the villagers leave their things behind? Why wouldn't they stop when they saw us approach? I hope they're alright down there."

Ray doesn't pause in flying the ATRV when he states, "The logic and reasoning of organics is not part of my programming. Shouldn't you know more about it than me?"

"I am unable to fly, Jack. I suppose I'll accompany you to the lower deck," Mercedes announces haughtily and ties in besides Jack. The airlock in which Jack & Mercedes are standing is unsecured. The airlock door behind them is still recessed inside the wall. The egress hatch before them has a small window through they can see the small river village below.

"Aw fuck. I guess I'd better get my suit ready." Feeling terrible from the previous night's drinking, Whisper staggers back to the cargo bay and starts opening up the Mecha-Knight so she'll be ready to launch if needed.

From their position at the docks, Lahz and his robotic companion spot nothing unusual save for the apparent behavior of the townsfolk themselves.

John finds the humans easy enough to track, especially given that there are some present who are following similar paths out of the village; all tracks head East. He finds few animal tracks though, and virtually all fresh animal tracks that he does find seem to be headed in every direction but East. The people walking east seem to shuffle along, oddly calm with little interaction. Their eyes seem engaged, their movement deliberate but there is something off. They seem slightly lost in the moment. John has heard of a demons and vampires which sometimes have a kind of mesmerizing attraction, and spells which do something similar, but he's unable to put his finger on anything specific. Aside from some wood piles and a canoe by the river, each of which is draped with camouflage tarpaulin, everything seems to be out in the open in the village. The buildings are of simple, sturdy designs and construction and clearly demonstrate more skill than access to resources as most use wooden dowels and dovetail joiners in lieu of nails. Looking around the village it seems as if the villagers just left right in the middle of life. Coffee pots still hang over the fire as if just set for breakfast but cold to the touch. The fires are still warm but burned down mostly to embers. Clothes hand on a line to dry with baskets below still filled with wet clothes. Some doors to homes are swung open, empty inside. There are no signs of struggle. No damage. Just an abandoned village.

John approaches Minerva and Vheld, pointing over at the group of locals. "Do you two want to talk to them and I'll get started on searching the village? I figure you're less scary than I am and we need to take advantage of them being here in case the village really is deserted."

Minerva nods, strides forward, and stops to ask one of the people, "Hello. What can you tell me about where we are?"

The lady turns and looks at Minerva blankly. "Oh, I'm going...with them. Yeah, I'm going with them." The lady turns and starts walking again.

Minerva sees the auras of those traveling East on foot and surmises the following:
  • They are broadly representative of any such village so far as experience is concerned.
  • The presence of magic among those on foot is a bit more prevalent than is normal, including their potential psychic energy.
  • The presence of psychic abilities among those on foot is totally absent.
  • None of them are under the control of a possessing entity.
  • A few are D-bees, a few are ill, a number of mental disorders of one kind another, but none of these factors are present at a steeply abnormal rate.

The pedestrians simply walk around Bel'Dar as though he were a large, curious looking rock. Vhled opens the multi-group channel on his radio, "Either something is bewitching these people, or deevils dropping out of the sky are a common enough occurrence as to provoke absolutely no reaction. Even for the magic zone, the latter seems unlikely."

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

John Altfeld:
Murdoc:
William Summers:
Bettie Houser:
Jack Killian:
Flynn:
Mercedes:
Wakiza:
Cro:
Whisper:
Lahz:
Minerva:
Vheld:
ATRV:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 / 64%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 66

John looks around the village and sighs deeply. So this is what the end of world looks like.

The ATRV doesn't land and no one comes down. He begins to wonder if they care if the world burns.

He gets on the radio. "This is Pebbles, again, confirmed that the village is empty in a Pied Piper configuration. All human tracks lead to the East, where those people are headed and animal tracks lead in decidedly the opposit direction. Diamond and, uh, Deuce?"

Did he name himself after poop?

"If those people are acting mind-controlled, do you think this is the work of our target? Are any of you brain-jockeys getting anything on your astral scanners?"

John thinks for a moment about the many possibilities. "Even if this might be from some other cause, it's probably worth checking to make sure it's NOT what we're after? I mean, we're in the right area. Also, these people are highly skilled carpenters. If we need work done in the future, this is the place to go!"

CONDITION: John is at +5 feet.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:26 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 43
PER: 1d100 = 29 vs. 51%

Tracking- 1d100 = 44 vs. 89%
[Sil] Track by scent- 1d100 = 17 vs. 70% (+15% to follow the scent of magic)

Vheld isn't surprised at the lack of a reaction to Bel'Dar's abrupt presence. The deevil itself is, if anything, disappointed and squawks at the villagers a few times in outrage (but heeds its master's command not to harm them). Well that's one theory confirmed.

John Altfeld wrote:"This is Pebbles, again, confirmed that the village is empty in a Pied Piper configuration. All human tracks lead to the East, where those people are headed and animal tracks lead in decidedly the opposit direction. Diamond and, uh, Deuce?"
Interesting. The animals seem to recognize the danger. I'll have to remember that.

"If those people are acting mind-controlled, do you think this is the work of our target? Are any of you brain-jockeys getting anything on your astral scanners?"
Vheld replies to this comment. "It seems like a safe bet. I don't know any spells that can enact mind control on this scale, and in the absence of another explanation it tracks with our briefing. The odds of two beings powerful enough to pull something like this off, operating in the same area, are pretty slim even by Earth's current standards. And even if it did happen, they'd probably spend more time fighting each other than raiding local villages. This is likely as good a chance as we're going to get to do some recon. We might want to consider ditching the aircraft and the noisier vehicles for a bit. Other alternative is to capture some villagers and interrogate them, but based on our success thus far I don't see that getting us much." And possibly my minions. Not sure I want to pit my mind control against an alien intelligence's before I have to.

If the leadership opts to do recon but in all their glorious aircraft (or simply ignore the villagers and carry on), Vheld will remain mounted on Bel'Dar and resume his previous position. Otherwise, if the team does decide on a ground approach, Vheld will wait for the ARTV to land then call all of his minions to him. He will order everyone except Sil and Slithn to stay with the vehicle. "Guard this with your lives. Anything that gets close gets a warning shot- if they still approach, or if they attack you, kill them." Several of the deevils will grin in response.

Vheld, for his part, will be gambling that his familiar link with Sil will keep her (and hopefully, him) free of Nxla's influence (or whoever it is). Either way, Vheld will volunteer to help track the villagers should it prove necessary to follow them (preferably at a discreet distance).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 50
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 99

Jack still watches from the door of the ARTV. He is hyped up and want’s information. Over the radio he gives a call, ]“We are still in guardian Angel position. Not seeing too much. Any reports from the ground?"


Jack scans out the window but can only really see one side. He looks at Mercedes and shrugs his shoulders and says to her,

"You see anything?”

When John mentions carpenters Jack thinks, “Really stick to the Job at hands but the fact that they are or seem to be mind controlled. Well many be we found the link here.”

He listens to the other team, he also agreeing with them but brings up a point. "Maybe see which directions they are heading and get there ahead of time."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

OOC Comments
Sorry all, work and personal life got busy at the same time. Things have calmed thanks god!!


Wak snaps out of his reverie and focuses on the tasks at hand. He looks over Vheld, He controls those demons well enough now, what happens if this ancient evil tells them to turn on us? He heads out of the RV on his glider. "Pebbles, quickly scout ahead and see what you can see about where they are heading. Don't engage if you run into something. I want a report on comms every 15 seconds. If you feel anything strange get back here immediately. At least the animals have the common sense to move away."

He looks around and doesn't see Will. Over comms,"Will, come on down." To all over comms, "I am going to try and listen in on one of the villagers telepathically to see if I can sense anything, don't let me wander on after them."

Wak will activate telepathy (-4 isp) and pick a villager at random to listen in. He will do a couple of others to confirm whatever he finds or if he finds nothing.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 am

ROLLS HELD

When Wak jumps on the radio, John nods, then realizes no one can see him. "Confirmed - I'll go two miles, then circle back."

He then says "Helmet, tell me when I've gone two miles. And remind me to call the Commander every 15 seconds."

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 83 / 61%

Then he heads out. For the first half mile, he maintains a steady pace of around 30 miles per hour, under the assumption that anything that close would have heard the ATRV. Then he begins sneaking. If he finds nothing, he comes back to the town at full speed.

Prowl: 1d100 = 36 / 84%
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 34 / 46%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 56 / 46%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mercedes » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 17;JIC d100: 1d100 = 79
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 62/80%

"You see anything?”

"Hmmm?", Mercedes responds to Jack, having caught a reflection of herself in something shiny, she sounds rather distracted.
"Oh, um, no. Do you?"
It would be too convenient to find our target this quickly, wouldn't it?

"Maybe see which directions they are heading and get there ahead of time."

"Jolly good notion, Jack.", Mercedes nods, giving a grin.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Whisper » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: 1d100 = 63

Still trying to shake the cobwebs out of her head, Whisper mutters timidly over a private channel to Lahz,
"Hey, um, th-thanks for the second 'pistol'."

Did they hear me mention I'm available to launch? Maybe it's better if I just try and not throw up again.
Lily turns the air conditioning on her power armor a little higher to try and keep awake.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 95

Augur wrote:The lady turns and looks at Minerva blankly. "Oh, I'm going...with them. Yeah, I'm going with them." The lady turns and starts walking again.

Minerva turns to look at Vheld. "As expected. I will check for possession." When she finds via See Aura that there are no possessing entities involved, she raises an eyebrow. "Not as expected. Nothing lives inside of them."

John Altfeld wrote:"If those people are acting mind-controlled, do you think this is the work of our target? Are any of you brain-jockeys getting anything on your astral scanners?"

"Astral scanners. Que lindo. I see nothing in possession of them. At least not living inside. They are maybe a village of magic but there are no psychics here." Minerva ponders the meaning of what she's seen for a while. Cuando tu mente falla, usa la fuerza. "I'm going to try something else." Minerva catches up with the woman who was in a daze and stands 10 feet in front of her. She watches closely as she walks to the East, looking for any telltale physical signs that she's not well. Once she gets within range, Minerva puts her hand on her shoulder to hold her in place. If she continues to press forward, Minerva punches her in the nose to see if physical pain removes her from whatever trance she's in.
Combat
Strike: 1d20+7 = 27 NAT20! Damage: 2d4 = 4x2=8 SDC



Translations
Que lindo=How cute.
Cuando tu mente falla, usa la fuerza.=When your mind fails, use force.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 19

Augur wrote:Ray doesn't pause in flying the ATRV when he states, "The logic and reasoning of organics is not part of my programming. Shouldn't you know more about it than me?"

"Well damn, I reckon you're right Ray."

Wakiza wrote:"Will, come on down."

"You got it, boss." Will stretches his limbs, cracks his neck and heads down to the surface.

He watches from a bit aways as the people walk East in their stupor. "This is freaky. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on in their heads right now. Anything?"

Will makes himself useful and pokes around in the village for any clues.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A. (day after bar scene)
Time: 1430
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Will, still on the ATRV replies to Ray the robot, "Well damn, I reckon you're right Ray." From his vantage higher up, Will spots an unusual feature a little further along the river a hundred yards or so distant: a rather large cave hugging the hillside overlooking the river.

John gets on the radio. "This is Pebbles, again, confirmed that the village is empty in a Pied Piper configuration. All human tracks lead to the East, where those people are headed and animal tracks lead in decidedly the opposit direction. Diamond and, uh, Deuce? If those people are acting mind-controlled, do you think this is the work of our target? Are any of you brain-jockeys getting anything on your astral scanners? Even if this might be from some other cause, it's probably worth checking to make sure it's NOT what we're after? I mean, we're in the right area. Also, these people are highly skilled carpenters. If we need work done in the future, this is the place to go!"

Vheld replies to John over the group channel, "It seems like a safe bet. I don't know any spells that can enact mind control on this scale, and in the absence of another explanation it tracks with our briefing. The odds of two beings powerful enough to pull something like this off, operating in the same area, are pretty slim even by Earth's current standards. And even if it did happen, they'd probably spend more time fighting each other than raiding local villages. This is likely as good a chance as we're going to get to do some recon. We might want to consider ditching the aircraft and the noisier vehicles for a bit. Other alternative is to capture some villagers and interrogate them, but based on our success thus far I don't see that getting us much."

Minerva looks to Vheld. "As expected. I will check for possession." A few moments later after seemingly leering at the backs of the traveling townsfolk, she adds, "Not as expected. Nothing lives inside of them." Hearing John's query, she keys her mic, "Astral scanners. Que lindo. I see nothing in possession of them. At least not living inside. They are maybe a village of magic but there are no psychics here." A moment later she adds, "I'm going to try something else." Minerva catches up to the woman who was in a daze and stands a few paces in front of her. The woman sees Minerva, and moves to walk around her. Miranda can see that the woman has hard a hard scrabble life and is likely accustomed to missing meals. From the look of her posture, build, and age, Minerva would also surmise that the woman's had at least one child. Minerva puts her hand on the woman's shoulder. The woman looks up in annoyance and moves to shrug Minerva off and keep walking. Minerva punches the woman HARD. Even some distance away, Vheld hears the familiar sound of bone snapping. The woman's face erupts in blood as her figure slumps to the ground. Anyone taking more than a cursory glance will note that the woman's face looks like it was hit with a sledgehammer. She's almost certainly dead or dying. (You forgot to add the +20 damage bonus, and posted no pull punch.)

Whisper mutters over a private comm channel to Lahz, "Hey, um, th-thanks for the second pistol." Inside her powered armor suit, all she can hear is the internal cooling system which she's dialed up a bit to keep her alert. (Amplified hearing doesn't work when you're encased in layers of armor; that's the trade-off of tech: loss of direct sensory input in favor of technological sensory input & protection.) Bored, a little chilly, and feeling like shit, Whisper waits hunched over next to the forward cargo bay doors, waiting to return to bed or get out and do something.

Jack comments on his radio as well. "We are still in guardian Angel position. Not seeing too much. Any reports from the ground? Maybe see which directions they are heading and get there ahead of time."

Mercedes kind of responds to Jack, but seems distracted, and not altogether with her head in the game. "Hmm? Oh, um, no. Do you? Jolly good notion, Jack." She nods and grins at Jack as Wakiza comes bounding down the stairs behind them.

Wakiza wordlessly shoulders Mercedes and Jack out of his way, releases the hatch, and jumps onto his wing board in mid jump. Channeling his inner strength to activate the TW device as he does his best impersonation of a teenage city rat with a new deck. Gliding down near John's position he calls out to him, "Pebbles--quickly scout ahead and see what you can see about where they are heading. Don't engage if you run into something. I want a report on comms every 15 seconds. If you feel anything strange get back here immediately. At least the animals have the common sense to move away." Over the group's comm channel, he summons Will to join him and adds for the rest, "I am going to try and listen in on one of the villagers telepathically to see if I can sense anything, don't let me wander on after them."

Wakiza listens in on the thoughts of a wiry young human boy in his early teens. Master Lee said there'd be food and work aplenty in the new city. Pretty girls and pick up games of stick-ball. Said there'd be learnin' too, but not from dusty, boring books, but through music, and action. Gosh, it sure sounds great. I bet Marla from Sturgis is already there... Images of a curvy young brunette girl with long braids in a brown and white dress change intermittently to that of a tall, ugly, but kindly seeming man in heavy red robes squatting by a fire by the river telling stories to a crowd of townsfolk. Wakiza feels a tugging at his own mind and has wits about himself enough to close himself off quickly.

Will replies to Wak's transmission in his own laconic fashion. "You got it, boss." He wedges past Mercedes & Jack at the open airlock with his own wing board, and does almost exactly as Wakiza had done moments prior. Floating down to hover beside Wakiza he comments, "This is freaky. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on in their heads right now. Anything?"

John replies over the radio to Wak despite being in proximity. "Confirmed. I'll go two miles then circle back." He says something seemingly to his helmet, then runs off at what could literally be a break-neck speed if he trips over a tree root. (Limitations of prowl vs speed. Just FYI.) John nearly dashes right past the huge, looming cave along the river, but notes it in passing as he heads up the hillside across from it and further along into the woods. Concerning the likelihood of an ambush in the woods, John's pretty sure the whole forest environment is a trap waiting to be sprung, but nothing in specific jumps out at him. About a mile or so into the woods, he sees a tall man in voluminous, if coarse, flowing red robes sitting on a log. The man is obviously big and tall even sitting down, has a bald, somewhat lumpy-looking head with jaundiced skin, and blond eyebrows and goatee. He looks to be picking at his nails with a twig while he waits for something. His cracked yellow teeth are clearly as he's smiling and humming to himself. The man's hands looked awfully crooked and with swollen joints, and though he has terrible arthritis or swelling of the joints. John continues on his rapid recon and circles back to the group to find Minerva with a blood-covered fist, and a dead woman at her feet. The rest of the village is already a hundred or so yards into the forest and seem to pay her death no mind.



Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

John Altfeld:
Murdoc:
William Summers: -5 P.P.E.
Bettie Houser:
Jack Killian:
Flynn:
Mercedes:
Wakiza: -10 I.S.P.
Cro:
Whisper:
Lahz:
Minerva:
Vheld:
ATRV:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:07 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 46

John sees the woman lying unconscious on the ground and runs over, dropping to his knees (and a mere +1 foot of height). "Oh god, what happened to her? Lady, are you okay?"

He reaches out to touch her wrist to see if she's got a pulse, "Was there a monster? Wake up!"

If she's not dead, this is where John's healing power kicks in. It feels a lot like growing or when he used to do telekinesis, but the extension of his lifeforce actually flows into the target, rather than wrapping around it or pushing out on his own skin. What the hell?!?

4d6 = 16 HP healed / 2d6 = 5 MDC of John's lost.


After this is resolved, he describes everything he saw on his scouting expedition. "There was a big cave, looked intriguing. You always find monsters or bandits or portals to other dimensions in places like that. Also there was some old guy in a red robe hanging out in the woods alone. Looked human, so probably some kind of powerful wizard or shapeshifting demon. Not a lot of average dads going into the Magic Zone in their bathrobes."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:52 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 96
PER: 1d100 = 8 vs. 51%

First aid- 1d100 = 8 vs. 79%
To see if she's dead/just how quickly they'd need to act to save her.
Sense ley line- 1d100 = 82 vs. 85% (+10% to sense a nexus)
To determine where is the closest place Vheld can recharge, should he need to; max range is 100 miles

Vheld tries, unsuccessfully, to suppress a flash of anger at Minerva's (wo)manhandling of the villager. Dammit we are here to help these peasants, not kill them. With a muttered "That was careless" that conveys irritation but manages to suppress his anger the shifter steps fofward and examines the woman. His next actions will depend on how much time he estimates her to have.

If any of the others nearby, including Minerva, can step in and save the villager and the villager won't die before that happens, Vheld will growl a command "Fix your mistake. Let's see if reviving her fixes the mind control as well." Otherwise, if Vheld thinks that only immediate action will save the woman's life, and he senses a ley line in range, he will clap his hand to his neck and channel PPE into one of his tattoos ((-248 PPE; not deducted)). The glowing phoenix tattoo will allow him to channel healing energies into the woman, and afterwards Vheld will lean back on his heels and let out a sigh of exhaustion. "That was taxing. I should get a recharge before we move further in." He will also add the approximate location of the nearest ley line (or better yet, nexus if the distance isn't that much further) if he detects one.

If, on the other hand, the villager is dead before anyone can do anything, Vheld will sigh sadly and say "That was a mistake. Then again, from what I've read you may have saved her from a fate worse than death." Gods know I'd rather be put out of my misery than turned into some sort of zombie servant of Nxla.

John Altfeld wrote:"There was a big cave, looked intriguing. You always find monsters or bandits or portals to other dimensions in places like that. Also there was some old guy in a red robe hanging out in the woods alone. Looked human, so probably some kind of powerful wizard or shapeshifting demon. Not a lot of average dads going into the Magic Zone in their bathrobes."
"That where the villagers are heading, then? Perhaps we should pay this old man a visit." Glancing down at the woman injured or killed by Minerva, he adds "Then again, perhaps not." Finally, since someone has to radio this in, he gets back on the group channel.

"Ace, you reading all this? Diamond... interrogated one of the villagers a little too aggressively. She's fine/dead." (as appropriate; if she's healed Vheld will also add a comment on whether she's still acting mind controlled) "Our scout also found a cave and some old man who's probably more than he appears. Occam's razor suggests he might be involved. Orders?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 63

As Minerva's fist retracts from her punch to the woman's face, she recoils as the woman crumples to the ground. "Ay mierda!"
Vheld wrote:With a muttered "That was careless" that conveys irritation but manages to suppress his anger the shifter steps forward and examines the woman.

Shocked and slightly ashamed, she says "I didn't think she... I didn't think that... I didn't think." ¿Y ahora qué, Martina? ¿Qué harás ahora?
Vheld wrote:If any of the others nearby, including Minerva, can step in and save the villager and the villager won't die before that happens, Vheld will growl a command "Fix your mistake. Let's see if reviving her fixes the mind control as well."

If Vheld determines that she is not fully dead, Minerva steps forward. "She has life in her? I can save her." She places both hands on the woman and mentally commands her body to heal itself (Touch of Health, -15 ISP, Subject regains +1d6*10 = 10 S.D.C. or M.D.C., any non-magical diseases, infection and fractures (but not missing limbs) are cured. +30% vs Coma). If the woman comes back to consciousness, Minerva kneels next to her to check in on her state. "Are you alright? Are you still going with them?"

Translations
¿Y ahora qué, graciela? ¿Qué harás ahora?=What now, Martina? What will you do now?
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Thu May 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 66
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 62

Jack in his new armor Watches from the hatch he occasionally feels the air currents as it slips over him and into the vehicle, but he continues to hang on.

Jack watches Wakizaz as he pushes pass him and jump on the hover board and heads on down, “Wow, that is so cool. I should get me something like that.”

When Wakiza says over the radio,
"I am going to try and listen in on one of the villagers telepathically to see if I can sense anything, don't let me wander on after them."


Jack responds over the Radio, “Volcano Copies.” As he continues to watch John and Wakiza, followed shortly by Wil also going out the hatch.

Jack is getting antsy, he is stuck in the vehicle high over head and not able to really do anything except watch, wait and worry. He is ready to toss a fireball anywhere to cover his friends. “Dang I hope nothing happens. I wonder how the other team is doing?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Sat May 04, 2019 10:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 69

"Alright, I'm going in to see what secrets this village holds." Will flies off to the nearest house/building and starts rooting around to look for anything that might be the source of the problem. Why this village? How did they get everyone? And is this related to our mission? Too much coincidence for it to not be.

If it's dark in the building, he will create a Globe of Daylight to look around. He'll also activate his Amulet of See The Invisible to check for anything hiding from him.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Sat May 04, 2019 5:14 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Over the radio Jack speaks up, "Volcano here, William, Wakiza, what do you need?"
Over the Comms Jack ask Ray, "Ray, What's our altitude? And stay close to the guys incase we need to give them a lift."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Sat May 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 42 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 60

Lahz keys his radio, "Ray bring that thing in low over the pier so folks can hop out. Keep it steady and wait for further direction." At about this time he notes Minerva testing the capacity of a peasant woman to take a punch, and the recipient dropping like a felled tree, "If one of them attacks, defend yourselves by all means, but lets avoid going overboard."

Vheld wrote:"Ace, you reading all this? Diamond... interrogated one of the villagers a little too aggressively. She's fine/dead." (as appropriate; if she's healed Vheld will also add a comment on whether she's still acting mind controlled) "Our scout also found a cave and some old man who's probably more than he appears. Occam's razor suggests he might be involved. Orders?"


"Someone drop an IRMSS on her. Which way to the Cave? Do her friends care there at all? Also do we have any radio trackers" we can drop on these Zombie-types?

Whatever direction is provided, Lahz remarks directly to his bodyguard, "Tony keep an eye out for any trouble."



~~~ TONY ~~~

Tony walks along several steps behind Lahz, then proceeds to search as directed ...
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Sun May 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 3

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak is surprised when he sees the fiery red head just completely bust up the face of a seemingly innocent villager. Wak shakes his head in disgust, What in the spirits? Damn she doesn't care about the innocent, or shes been badly trained, either way I better keep an eye on that one. Hope she didn't kill the poor woman? Over comms, "They seem to be under a powerful enchantment. Powerful enough that I felt the need to stop listening in. I am guessing a wizard convinced these poor people to come along with the promise of a better life. I saw a glimpse of him in their thoughts. He is a tall, ugly, but 'kindly' seeming man in heavy red robes. We need to keep an eye out for him."

When he hear's John's accounting, "That must be him. Let's go have a talk with him. Roughnecks form up on me." I am seriously thinking of just having John grab him and bring him back at high speed. No, we need to be a touch more careful. Don't know what is out here. Better no one knows what John can do yet. Then they can't be prepared for him. When they are ready, "John take the lead and let's move out. Ray keep the RV about a mile or so behind us. Maybe we can double check that cave after? Spooks you in?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Jack Replies to, "Volcano copies, landing and forming up. Let's go Mercedes,get ready to go when the craft sets down."

Jack forms up with Wak.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Wed May 08, 2019 9:29 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A. (day after bar scene)
Time: 1430
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Recap & Results
Will announces, "Alright, I'm going in to see what secrets this village holds." Will flies off to investigate a nearby structure.

Over the radio, Jack speaks up, "Volcano here. William, Wakiza, what do you need? Ray, What's our altitude? And stay close to the guys in case we need to give them a lift."

Lahz keys his radio, "Ray bring that thing in low over the pier so folks can hop out. Keep it steady and wait for further direction." Seeing the incident deeper inside the village via his suit's optics, he adds, "If one of them attacks, defend yourselves by all means, but lets avoid going overboard. Someone drop an IRMSS on her. Which way to the cave? Do her friends care there at all? Also do we have any radio trackers we can drop on these zombie-types?"

"Ay mierda!" Minerva exclaims in shock. Ashamed, she stammers, "I didn't think she... I didn't think that... I didn't think."

Vheld mutters to Minerva, "That was careless. Fix your mistake. Let's see if reviving her fixes the mind control as well."

John rushes over to the bloody, unconscious woman and checks for a pulse. "Oh god, what happened to her? Lady, are you okay? Was there a monster? Wake up!"

John, Vhled and Minerva encircle the woman lying on the ground. John checks the woman for a pulse and finds nothing. Blood is pouring from the woman’s face where bone has pierced the skin below her eyes. The three stare at the woman wondering if there is a way to save her, but it is clear that she is dead and there's no healing dead.

Vheld sighs sadly. He says, "That was a mistake. Then again, from what I've read you may have saved her from a fate worse than death." Vheld senses the energetic, throbbing pulse of the ley line they're standing in at present. What's more, there's at least another half dozen other ley lines within his sensory range, and that can only mean one thing: nexuses. It's all quite invisible in the daytime, of course, but even on a moonless night this whole area probably enjoys about two hundred to four hundred lumens of illumination from the ley lines; enough to read by if one doesn't mind the eye strain.

Wakiza chimes in over his radio. "They seem to be under a powerful enchantment. Powerful enough that I felt the need to stop listening in. I am guessing a wizard convinced these poor people to come along with the promise of a better life. I saw a glimpse of him in their thoughts. He is a tall, ugly, but 'kindly' seeming man in heavy red robes. We need to keep an eye out for him."

As the woman is dead, John moves on to a less gloomy subject. "There was a big cave, looked intriguing. You always find monsters or bandits or portals to other dimensions in places like that. Also there was some old guy in a red robe hanging out in the woods alone. Looked human, so probably some kind of powerful wizard or shapeshifting demon. Not a lot of average dads going into the Magic Zone in their bathrobes."

Vheld suggests, "That where the villagers are heading, then? Perhaps we should pay this old man a visit. Then again, perhaps not." He radios on the group channel, "Ace, you reading all this? Diamond... interrogated one of the villagers a little too aggressively. She's dead. Our scout also found a cave and some old man who's probably more than he appears. Occam's razor suggests he might be involved. Orders?"

In response to John's accounting, Wakiza responds, "That must be him. Let's go have a talk with him. Roughnecks form up on me. John take the lead and let's move out. Ray keep the RV about a mile or so behind us. Maybe we can double check that cave after? Spooks you in?"

Jack replies to the radio traffic, "Volcano copies, landing and forming up. Let's go Mercedes, get ready to go when the craft sets down."

Ray the Robot brings the ATRV down to about six feet from the river bank. Jack and Mercedes hop onto and into the gravelly mud and walk up the bank to the others gathered. They seem to be clustered around the body of a woman whose face has been caved-in.

Will enters a dwelling whose door is standing open and roots around, looking for anything that might be the source of the problem. It's dark inside the building as there are only a few shutters, so will creates a globe of daylight to illuminate the interior and activates his amulet of see the invisible just to be cautious. Everything seems to have been dropped in the course of the day's routines. there's a washtub and ringer with a pair of rough, dirty trousers on the porch, and a bunch of wood piled up nearby with an axe simply lying next to a small stack of wood. A child's primer sits open atop a feather-stuffed pillow in one corner of the room.

Villagers pass the woman without a second glance as the last of them proceed on foot into the woods. John, Vhled and Minevera wonder how these people can walk so passively past what seems to be the most brutal scene they have seen in a long time.

Shit Gets Real in the Magic Zone
As Wakiza begins to get people formed up to go into the woods, a group of people appear as if by magic. They're formed into a rough semi-circle. They each have a weapon at hand that's trained on members of the group. Each person has a distinct shimmer outlining their figures. A few moments later, a massive dragon appears in the air, circling overhead just above the ARTV. One of the men steps forward, his armor looking slightly fancier than the others. "Whoever you are, surrender now. Or not. While I need answers to why you have been kidnapping and slaughtering people of the True Federation, I don't need all of you alive to get them. After how we saw you treat one of our citizens, I'm less inclined to show mercy than normal." As he says this, it doesn't take much to see that he is not kidding, and looking at the faces of the men surrounding you, many of them look like they are waiting for an excuse to open fire.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

John Altfeld:
Murdoc:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
Bettie Houser:
Jack Killian:
Flynn:
Mercedes:
Wakiza: -10 I.S.P.
Cro:
Whisper:
Lahz:
Minerva:
Vheld:
ATRV:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 28

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Over comms to the Roughnecks, "Minerva just executed a villager, through a solid punch to the woman's face. Bone and blood showing. Minerva seems disturbed by it, but she threw an unprovoked punch to test a theory. Oh and now we have other operators in our midst. If anything happens, John, the dragon is yours!"

Wak activates his Naruni Force Field unless it would be too obvious then he activates Psychic Body Field (-30 isp).

I love the magic zone. Wak speaks up over his intercomm, "Good morning. We are investigating the disappearance of other villagers, and the threat from some nasty major player who supposedly steal souls. As you aren't trying to stop the villagers from leaving, can I assume you really don't give a shit?" He looks them over, "What do you know about these disappearances?"

IFF & Targeting Computer
Can Identify up to 6,000 targets with 92% accuracy / 1d100 = 49

In case fighting starts:
Advanced Combat Awareness
Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems
Auto Dodge on the Two Closest to him holding a modern weapon

Init: 1d20+11 = 25
APM: 8

If things go south he will:
Action 1: blink of an eye (-24 ppe) behind the one speaking.
Action 2: Activate Realm of Chaos on as many bad guys as Wak can w/o getting anyone from his two teams.
Action 3: fight if necessary, will back away as necessary? Draw Derilian
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+16 = 27 Damage 7d6+4 = 23 +1d4 = 4
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+16 = 19 Damage 7d6+4 = 30 +1d4 = 3
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+16 = 28 Damage 7d6+4 = 30 +1d4 = 1
Action 7: Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 CRIT Damage 7d6+4 = 33 +1d4 = 3 x2 = 72
Action 8: Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage 7d6+4 = 27 +1d4 = 2

Contigency: If Wak's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe)

Parry: 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 33 1d20+24 = 33 1d20+24 = 31 1d20+24 = 41
Dodge: 1d20+20 = 36 1d20+20 = 27 1d20+20 = 40 1d20+20 = 24 1d20+20 = 26 1d20+20 = 23 1d20+20 = 37 1d20+20 = 26
Auto Dodge: 1d20+11 = 20 1d20+11 = 31 1d20+11 = 13 1d20+11 = 14 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 17
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20
JiC D100: 1d100

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100

Augur wrote:As Wakiza begins to get people formed up to go into the woods, a group of people appear as if by magic. They're formed into a rough semi-circle. They each have a weapon at hand that's trained on members of the group. Each person has a distinct shimmer outlining their figures. A few moments later, a massive dragon appears in the air, circling overhead just above the ARTV. One of the men steps forward, his armor looking slightly fancier than the others. "Whoever you are, surrender now. Or not. While I need answers to why you have been kidnapping and slaughtering people of the True Federation, I don't need all of you alive to get them. After how we saw you treat one of our citizens, I'm less inclined to show mercy than normal." As he says this, it doesn't take much to see that he is not kidding, and looking at the faces of the men surrounding you, many of them look like they are waiting for an excuse to open fire.


Lahz spins the dial on his radio for a moment and keys a (fake/meaningless) burst transmission for about 4 seconds then flips back to the 'joint' team channel before he hits his loudspeaker at about 70 decibels. "What was her name? This Citizen you are concerned with. Where in your territory was she From? ... Quite frankly I have doubts you know if she was one of yours. Further your big friend might be able to kill us all ... but then you better get the fuck out of here before the 45 Long Range Missiles on standby get here from Merctown for when my frakking heart stops beating."

*Which is bullshit. But let's see if they really want to roll the dice on whether they are far enough into the Magic Zone that targetting is disrupted* He clicks on his his Marauder's force field and then wonders if the bluff is about to be called.

"Combat Potential"
If violence is instigated by these locals, Lahz will attempt to dodge initial attacks, followed by turning his Pulse-Cannon onto the Southern-most hostile for 3-shots.

Initiative [+2] 1d20+2 = 5
APM: 9

1 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 8, 5d6*10 = 160
2 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 16, 5d6*10 = 180
3 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 15, 5d6*10 = 260

Dice [+8]: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 22
Last edited by Lahz on Sun May 12, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 10

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 feet

Lore Creatures of Magic (to try to ID the type of dragon and probably age range): 1d100 = 86 / 51%

John simply can't believe the speed at which these truly bizarre events have happened. Not only is Minerva apparently a psycho, she's already pissed off the kind of locals who can make real trouble for our mission...

He points down at the poor woman's corpse. "If you've been watching for more than five seconds, you know that we just tried to save this woman. And do we look like the kind of people who can mind control an entire town? What would we even do with them?" He pauses. This is the kind of town I grew up in. This could be my family. Fuck you for suggesting we'd do this. "The person who's controlling them is a mile out in the woods, waiting for the Craphole Village traveling show to arrive. It's easy enough to prove, if you want to come with us. He looks like the human embodiment of the concept 'bad touch.' Or pop a Truth spell and ask again. Either way, if we go at it, he's probably going to hear the fighting and rabbit."

Let's see, if this goes South, I'll... yeah, uh huh. And then. Right. Good plan, John!


If Combat Goes Down
Initiative: 1d20+13 = 23
Action 1: John runs directly at the ATRV at top speed, arms outstretched, trying to clothesline the two mages between him and that point.
Strike: 1d20+8 = 9 - No damage, just trying to get knockdown.
He shouts into his helmet mic, "ATRV, start going up in the air at top speed towards the dragon as soon as I land on top of you!"
Action 2: Jumps onto the ATRV
Action 3: Turns into Pebbles
Action 4: Hopefully the ATRV is closer to the dragon. If it's close enough he can reach the dragon by jumping onto it, he does so, otherwise he grows to +30 feet and sucks his equipment into his pebbly body.
Strike: 1d20+8 = 17
Action 5: If John is on the dragon, he grows to Maximum Size while grappling it. If John is on the ATRV (and now close enough to jump on the dragon with his +30 foot size), he tries to jump on the dragon with the above Strike roll. If John fell to the ground, he grows to Maximum Size.
Action 6: If John is grappling the dragon and Maximum Size, he makes a grappling/punch attack. If John is on the dragon and +30 feet, he grows to Maximum Size, while retaining a grapple/holding on. If John is on the ground (Maximum Size) and the dragon is within about 200 feet, jump attack, trying to grab it. Otherwise he swipes his sword at the closest enemy mage.
Strike: 1d20+10 = 29 / Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Action 7: Same as Action 6. Strike: 1d20+10 = 11 / Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 23 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Action 8: Same as Action 6. Strike: 1d20+10 = 30 / Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 23 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Action 9: Same as Action 6. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23 / Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]

Conditions: If someone casts some kind of Flight directly on John, the action order gets interrupted - Action Priority becomes: 1. Turn to Pebbles/Suck Gear Inside Body. 2. Maximum Size. 3. Fly at Dragon, Hit Dragon in Stupid Dragon Face with Sword. Here's some additional sword attacks in case you need them.

Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 30 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]
Sword Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 Damage: [dice]1d6*10+82[/dice]

Parries (increase by +2 if one of the Growth actions has triggered, +4 if Big and Sword is out): 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 28

Auto-Dodge (decrease by -4 if one of the Growth actions has triggered): 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 4, 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 11, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 4, 1d20+1 = 16
Last edited by John Altfeld on Sun May 12, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Fri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 88
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 80

Jack is stunned at these people suddenly appearing out of nowhere. He speaks up, but looks at the dragon, “Hold on Hold on don’t Shoot! We just got here 30 mins or so ago. We saw an abandoned village and people on the opposite bank. Look at the boat. How long would it have taken someone to get a village across the from over there to here, an entire village. Look at the villagers. They are under some sort of trance. Try to stop them. Talk to the leaders."

"We are here to investigate the mysterious disappearance too. We have a contract. From Merctown. Now if you are concern. Why don’t you send some of your people with us?"
trust:30 1d100 = 15
Jack wonders if this is an Illusion. How things appeared so quickly. “All appeared suddenly,
and no one is concerned with the villagers."
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sat May 11, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mercedes » Sat May 11, 2019 5:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 37
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 7/80%

None too impressed with the way Wak just shoved past, the Roughneck's Mystic Knight is still in a huff when there's a flurry of radio traffic.
Once statement catches her attention.

Diamond... interrogated one of the villagers a little too aggressively. She's dead.

"Ha! Way to go, Killer!", Mercedes taunts, unable to help herself.

"Volcano copies, landing and forming up. Let's go Mercedes, get ready to go when the craft sets down."

"Ugh, if I must.", she answers haughtily. One final check of her armor and equipment, and Mercedes confirms she's ready.
She'll allow Jack to rabbit his way out first. Yeah, you go take the bullets for me, being all mad keen and such.
She draws her sword and trudges off to link up.

At the armed group appearing, Mercedes growls, "If you think you'd like to die today, I'm happy to oblige."
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Whisper » Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 93

Whisper feels the craft land and unsteadily waits for some kind of instruction.
"Hey, um, I'm still, uh, here.", she mumbles quietly.

Great. More BS to deal with an' I still feel like a Larmac is jumping on my head.

If given orders to launch, she'll do so, but otherwise, Whisper will take the opportunity to feel like poop all alone.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 am

JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 97
PER: 1d100 = 63 vs. 51%

Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 62 vs. 65% (+5% vs. armed forces personnel)
To convince the mages of their good intentions.

Insects. Since when does the True Federation care about the peasantry? Vheld's grip on his staff tightens fractionally as the group appears before them. On the ARTV, Broskwa perks up at the prospect of hostilities, but the demon waits for Vheld's order to engage (or for the newcomers to attack) with a big grin on its face. The shifter also sends a telepathic message to Sil, Remain where you are, but send the others out. In response to Sil's nudging, Slithn and Sshir proceed towards the exit, also ready to join the fray, while Bel'Dar paws the ground impatiently.

Vheld is content to let the others take the lead in explaining things to the mages, but should they not appear convinced (or look askance at the obvious mage), Vheld will add "Don't be stupid. We just got here, and these villagers have been enthralled for some time. Check where they're heading- our scout saw a necromancer of some sort. We believe he intends to take their souls- if you waste time and effort fighting us, he will escape and your superiors will be displeased."

At the first sign of hostilities (or if his medallion's sixth sense triggers), Vheld will activate the armor of ithan enchantment on his armor, then sprint over to Bel'Dar to mount up and take to the air.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Sat May 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 10

Conditions
  • M.D.C.: 281/281
  • I.S.P.: 180/366
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12


Oh no. Todo esto ha salido mal. Minerva hardens her body using her Supernatural Transformation and takes a step forward with her hands raised in peace. "You have heard from my compatriots about the villagers and their current state. I swear to all of the gods that will listen, that I simply meant to jostle her out of her stupor. I did not mean to kill her, I am truly saddened by this and I understand how this must look. We are not kidnappers and we have our assignment to stop the force that is doing so. Please help us stop this threat to your people before it is too late." (Trust: EP Crit) Hay sangre inocente en mis manos. Literalmente.

Minerva keeps her hands up and maintains direct eye contact with the leader of their group. Esperemos que esto no se degrade en violencia.

If it does degrade into violence
Minerva raises her Psionic Armor's field and turns her MindWave on the person between her and the villagers, finding cover behind the house.
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 13
APM: 6
Action 1: Raise Psionic Armor Force Field.
Actions 2-3: Mindwave @ Person directly to the left of Minerva. (-30 ISP)
Actions 4-5: Run to cover (front door) of building north of Minerva/reserved for dodge.
Action 6: Activate Harvester.

Dodges: 1d20+5 = 25 (NAT20!)1d20+5 = 8


Translations
Todo esto ha salido mal.=This has all gone wrong.
Hay sangre inocente en mis manos. Literalmente.=There is innocent blood on my hands. Literally.
Esperemos que esto no se degrade en violencia.=Hopefully this doesn't degrade into violence.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Tue May 14, 2019 5:04 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Before hostility opened up Jack uses Enhanced Perception. He hopes he can tell if the dragon and or the people are illusions. ISP 10

OOC Comments
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all-natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including
sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).


If hostilities start up Jack is planning contingency plans
If Dragon breathes fire, Jack snuffs it out.
Or Flame Burst Body Protection total 60 MDC ISP 6
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 32

Wakiza wrote:"Minerva just executed a villager, through a solid punch to the woman's face. Bone and blood showing. Minerva seems disturbed by it, but she threw an unprovoked punch to test a theory. Oh and now we have other operators in our midst. If anything happens, John, the dragon is yours!"


"She did what? Who are these Spooks you got us involved with, Wak? What do you mean other operators? Dragon?!" By the brothers, there's a frakking dragon now? This got crazy quickly. "Crap, I'm inside a house in the village. I'll be at the ready if I hear a shot go off."

Will waits quietly inside the house with his Thundergun drawn for a sign that combat is beginning.

If combat does start:
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 18
APM: 8

Actions 1-2: Cast Invincible Armor (-15 PPE).
Action 3: Exit the room.
Action 4: Cast Paralysis: Lesser on the left leg of the combatant directly north of Vheld. (-3 PPE)
Action 5: Cast Paralysis: Lesser on the left leg of the combatant northeast of Vheld and Wak. (-3 PPE)
Action 6: Fire Thundergun at combatant directly north of Vheld. Strike: 1d20+4 = 15. Damage: 5d6 = 11 MD if practitioner of magic/creature of magic. 3d6 = 6 if mortal being. 1d6*10 = 60 MD if supernatural creature.
Action 7: Fire Thundergun at combatant directly north of Vheld. Strike: 1d20+4 = 17. Damage: 5d6 = 14 MD if practitioner of magic/creature of magic. 3d6 = 11 if mortal being. 1d6*10 = 20 MD if supernatural creature.
Action 8: Reserved for dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 11
Parry: 1d20+7 = 11 1d20+7 = 24 1d20+7 = 26 1d20+7 = 15 1d20+7 = 19 1d20+7 = 14 1d20+7 = 10 1d20+7 = 9
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Next

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (19 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests