Merchants'

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Merchants'

Postby Tyral » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

D20 JiC: 1d20:
4

D100 JiC: 1d100:
54


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

Accompanied by the mountain of muscle that is Thorgrim, Tyral (and possibly Silhouette) enter Werringtons House of Trade & Securities. The Elf casts about for any kind of signage that might point him towards a department that might be involved in Bounties or perhaps Collections. Barring such, he'll approach some experienced looking employee and inquire, [Charm [80%]: 1d100:
7
], "Greetings. We were led to understand that Werringtons, among numerous other functions, also holds funds placed in Trust for the apprehension of certain criminals ... Could you point us at the appropriate department?"

He'll the Barbarian over to wherever they are directed, and issue a similar greeting, "Good afternoon. We were led to understand that Werringtons, holds funds placed in Trust for the apprehension of certain criminals ... We have run a Westerner to ground ... a Necromancer of the vilest sort who had earned the prices on his neck ... or rather his head." If this is not roundly rejected, Tyral will signal Thorgrim to go ahead and present Vladimir for inspection.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:09 am

The clerk directs Tyral and the others to a small dusty office in the back. Once Tyral hands over the head and gives the villain's name, the clerk searches through shelves stacked with scrolls and ledgers until he finds the appropriate document.

"Vladimir Itomas, Itomas, Itomas.... let's see, here it is. Oh yes, quite a miscreant this one. He's wanted by several provincial houses, an A-list criminal you've got here. Now you realize a significant percentage of the bounty will be taken by Werrington's in order to cover the costs of facilitating this collection."


Assuming you agree to the terms the clerk lists the bounties and your (adjusted) pay out on them.
Arcadia City: 20, 000 marks
Epiphany City: 15, 000 marks
Ophidia City: 10, 000 marks
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:51 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 11
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 54

PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

Tyral nods, the surcharge was not unexpected, "Aye, very well then. That comes to a total of 45,000, so could I get 32,000 in 50GP coins, and 3,000 in 5GP coins? The last 10,000 I should like to use to open a personal account in my own name, that of Tyral Osarelar. I am a member of the Brotherhood of Magic and can produce a personal mystic Seal if such is used for authentication for access to funds." He will then thank the Clerk and distribute coin to Silhouette and Thorgrim (15k each, Broken down as 280 of the 50 GP coins (14k), and 200 of the 5 GP Coins (1k)), then take the last 5,000 Gold (Broken down as 80 of the 50 GP coins (4k), and 200 of the 5 GP Coins (1k)) for his own cut.

At that point, the Wizard will move to take his leave, "I will be assisting the Brotherhood in trying to find a solution to the Famine clawing at the city's gates over the next few weeks. I would like to take the Riding Horse we acquired back at the Cave, and leave you two with the 2 Work-Horses acquired. If we would like to sell off the Wagons, I might be able to get them purchased for a good figure by the Guard, just let me know."

"If you need to get hold of me, the Brotherhood of Magic will be the best place to send a message for me, but otherwise, I suppose we can all expect to meet up again at dinner at Elias' Manor next week."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:02 am

"We have an Seal option for magic-users if you like. I will open the account and deposit the money now."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:48 pm

JIC: 1d20:
1
1d100:
6

Perc: 1d20+2 = 18:
16


Charm: 40% /1d100:
6


Hitching Petal outside the Werringtons House the changeling follows Tyral and helps whomever of the two needs a hand lifting their gold. Looking around in slight awe the girl had never been to a place where one would be surrounded by money as he imagined piles of gold glittering from behind bars like a museum of the earths wonders. In reality, walking in it was more stone and austere confines and cubicles for private dealing and trade agreements as she thought sadly,"Well, I have mine to stare at in glittering wonder!"

Watching Tyral deal with the bounty board the girl perks up in wonder, realizing that a trade she had been exposed to in the cities of Yin-Sloth was ripe and healthy here as well. And hearing the sum, even after deductions she couldn't help but beam, glancing from Tyral to the man and then Thorgrim half expecting they might share in her excitement as she whispers through her teeth at Thorgrim,"THIS CITY BATHED HER IN RIVERS OF GOLD!"

She couldn't get enough, the fact was intoxicating. For a moment she expected the gates to rob her blind, but now, it was a little closer to a drop in a pale.

Scooting up next to the Master Mage the changeling less than nonchalant inquires,"Can...you help me with how this goes?" Wringing her calloused hands Silhouette adds,"So...thirty thousand from the chests and fifteen thousand from this bounty?" Pausing she holds a finger to her lips toward asking her next question,"If I put it here for them to hold, how do I spend it in the city?" Looking from Tyral and to the establishment's employee she hopes one of them will answer.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

D20 JiC: 1d20:
1

D100 JiC: 1d100:
72


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

The Wizard cocks an eyebrow at Silhouette for a moment then nods obligingly, "Well some Merchants deal in letters of credit so that you don't have to lug around hundreds of pounds of weight to make payments on large items. However that tends to be a matter between Merchants who have some basis for trust. For individuals such as you and I, you don't put it here and spend it out in the City at the same time. You put it here until you want to spend it, then you come withdraw whatever you need and go make your purchases. I had to hit the Money-Changer ..." the Elf hefts a heavy but much more manageable looking belt-purse, "... where for a bit of a fee, I exchanged my share of the Gold from the cave for Eastern Coin. I made sure to get larger values, that is 50-Gold-Pieces like the ones I had the Bank issue you a few minutes back. The larger value coins should then be much easier to carry around than the hundreds of pounds we recovered from the Cave. I am leaving some here specifically because at the moment I do not foresee the need to weigh myself down with a lot of extra gold, or make myself a target for cut-purses and thieves."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 pm

JIC: 1d20:
1
1d100:
27

Perc: 1d20+2 = 7:
5


Nodding at intervals as Tyral speaks the changeling smiles,"Thank you Master. I see... It is like making promises with friends. Paper is a promise, but only trusted by friends. Money is made out in greater value..." Glancing at the money-changers she scowls,"Though I see problem in stealing part of the money because the...um...money is...different? Seems like theft." Looking back at Tyral the forsaken mage shrugs,"But...if you say this is normal, we'll have to do this less often so they can't steal more often!" Tapping the Master Mage's shoulder laughing she adds,"Where are these thieves anyway? We could follow THEM around and after they steal from someone...comeuppance!"

Thinking moment she realizes,"Hmm, that would make the money-changers the cut-purses too since they are stealing from people..." Sighing the girl adds out-loud,"I'll have to come back and do the same with bigger coins once I know what I'm buying. I think that boywer... Did you see her wares? She seemed amazing!"

Pausing as she digressed she gets back on course,"Ah! Master, do we want to keep the wagon's? And if we aren't pulling anything I don't need Petal along...can I keep her at your sisters?" Looking glassy-eyed with hope at the elf Silhouette almost pouts, but holding it back asks with a little hum,"Hmm?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:38 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+2]: Original post: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20:
1

D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100:
72


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

Tyral offers a muted frown to the Shaman-girl, "Silhouette, we seem to have circled back to the same issue we had before. You are not my apprentice, and therefore I am not your Master. My name is Tyral. It is not Leader or Master which are at best incomplete honorifics. I ask for 4th or maybe 5th time ... that you use the Name I have given instead of some other random shorthand you choose to assign. That said, yes it is typical, the Moneychangers take a piece because they are ostensibly providing a service. If they exchanged everyone's money without taking a piece, they couldn't support themselves. Of course some of them try to gouge people and this reflects poorly on the calling ... "

He reaches down to raise a warning finger at Brago who was in the midst of lifting a leg to mark ownership of a desk then looks back at Silhouette, "Thieves don't walk down the street carrying signs Silhouette, and the ones you can easily identify are probably dangerous because they don't care if you know them ... No, I did not see a Bowmaker, but you have cash aplenty. I am unsure of your plans, but you can likely get a stack of fine bows if that's what you want. Just don't leave town with those other spellbooks ... frankly I'd feel safer with the ones you are not actively studying being kept in my quarters at the Brotherhood." The Elf runs a hand casually through his hair before responding to the boarding issue, "I have no interest in keeping the Wagons Silhouette, if you want to sell them, I have no interest in the cash. My Sister's home is no boarding house Silhouette, nor a public stable. I don't expect to be putting my new mount there either, he'll stay at the Brotherhood. Petal can stay at whatever Inn you are staying at."

**Frankly Menassa's likely in the process of transforming the whole place into a minefield for any non-family-member who hasn't gifted her their Truename. She has a tendency to get very very thorough in rectifying things she perceives as lapses. Whatever got through and got Sharra the first time ... shouldn't try it again if they don't want to be burned through by lightning up the ass ... and I certainly do not know this twig-clad girl well enough that I want her staying there unsupervised. She'd likely get herself killed by wandering into the wrong room.**


OCC: SNAFU could you note a Bank Account with a 10k balance on Tyral's Sheet & can I add a Riding Horse? It was acquired here viewtopic.php?p=332373#p332373
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Silhouette » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:02 am

JIC: 1d20:
12
1d100:
66

Perc: 1d20+2 = 8:
6


Charm: 40% /1d100:
51

Mathematics: Basic -- 77% / 1d100:
53

Mathematics: Advanced -- 52% /1d100:
34


Smiling at Tyral's light beratement nodding as he goes on to explain other matters related to thievery and the Brotherhood. A few moments pass and she hops on the details of the Brotherhood asking,"Could you...Master Tyral, uh, be my voice to join? I was in one from the south but they kind of went their ways, so I left since there was nothing for me there after." Putting her hands together she asks,"Would you, talk to them for me, please?" Which following she thinks,"Please say, yes, Please say, yes, Please say, yes..."

After Tyral answers the changeling does as the elf Mage and gets her money changed in the same manner.

OOC: SNAFU: When did you sneak my gold onto my character sheet? You didn't date it like you did with everyone else and it wasn't there before. Lol It was with Thorgrim before, but I guess a good thing you did that cause he's away for two weeks... But on my horse? I don't keep anything on my horse, cause it'd fall off! :-p )

Discussing the issue of currency with the moneychanger Silhouette scowls at the 5% charge for changing the money to Eastern but lets it go glancing at Tyral as if he would confirm they are doing it properly.
She gets the same, the majority 40,000 into 50 mark coins, 5,000 into 20 mark coins, and the rest 715 into 1 Mark coins.

Turning to the elf she smiles with dark eyes shining,"So...where to next Master Tyral?" Pausing a mere moment she answers the mage,"And don't you go tell me you aren't Master Tyral too! You told those children to call you that!" Bouncing on her toes she finishes,"See, I do listen! A little..."

EDIT: Fixed the total sum, it wasn't 215 it was 715. I accidentally flubbed the number.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby SNAFU » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 am

Silhouette wrote:OOC: SNAFU: When did you sneak my gold onto my character sheet? You didn't date it like you did with everyone else and it wasn't there before. Lol It was with Thorgrim before, but I guess a good thing you did that cause he's away for two weeks... But on my horse? I don't keep anything on my horse, cause it'd fall off! :-p )


Hmm, I don't know if I did put it there to be honest. I added 15,000 to your belt pouch that's all I remember. Anyway, if the numbers are correct, all's good. Can you organize your money by denomination (and/or location) and let me know in the OOC? I'll sign off on it then.

Silhouette wrote:Discussing the issue of currency with the moneychanger Silhouette scowls at the 5% charge for changing the money to Eastern but lets it go glancing at Tyral as if he would confirm they are doing it properly.
She gets the same, the majority 40,000 into 50 mark coins, 5,000 into 20 mark coins, and the rest 215 into 1 Mark coins.


"All done, thank you for doing business at Werringtons House of Trade & Securities"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:43 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+2]: Original post: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20:
1

D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100:
72


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

As Silhouette parcels out her request Tyral is momentarily surprised, but he shrugs at the Jungle-girl, "Aye, I told the children to call me Master Tyral, but you are no longer a child ... Anyway Silhouette, the Brotherhood only accepts certain types of practitioners, that is Wizards, Diabolists, Alchemists, and Summoners. No Warlocks or Psi-Mystics, or Shamans ... I can make the introduction if you'd like, but joining is a bit more complicated. I do not know what your former ... Organization did ... Here, you are not simply sponsored-in like they do in some other places. Instead you have a review by a board of your peers, swear your Oaths, and pay the membership. Then each year you also have annual dues of ... I think 3,000. Hehehe Wow, over the years that adds up ... "

Offering a wan smile, Tyral doesn't want to be discouraging but he seems unsure, **The girl walks about clad in sticks and hopes to be taken seriously in Llorn? I suppose I am a bit glad that it isn't a Sponsor system. I don't think I'd want to be called account for her prancing around the Guild calling people by ridiculous nicknames that aggravate them and prying into they're heads because she thinks it's the 'same' as talking ... If she could grow up and learn some damn self-control, she wouldn't be half-bad for a Human. Yet she was capable at the end, and helped enough with the Children. Maybe she can convince a board she's fit ... Really though she doesn't need me at all for the process so the introduction won't hurt, probably won't help either but it's easy enough ...**

Shaking off the momentary doubts the Wizard shrugs, "As a Non-member you only have a few hours from entering the Gate to go up and sign yourself in, you might be able to just tell them then that you would like to be considered for membership. I can go with you and make an introduction, but will need to leave from there as I have other business to attend to."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Silhouette » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 pm

<Rolls carried over>



Brow furrowing the dark skinned girl Silhouette nods slowly,"That doesn't sound much like a brotherhood..." Tapping her fingers over the back of her hand in a fist she considers what she has learned saying,"Only letting the people who know things the way they like...cause I learned anyway I could." Scowling she turns around on the topic,"That doesn't sound fair...but I would still like to be shown there by you, please?"

Curious as to the process she inquires,"What do they do when they, uh, review you? What do they ask and who is there?"

At Tyral's remark of the cost adding up she pipes in smiling, trying to cut her nervousness as she nods vigorously,"The way every thing here has a cost... I might not be caught off guard if they began a toll for every step taken!"

Wrapping up and putting her gold into one of the chest's the changeling ask,"Ma..." Smiling broadly she corrects,"Tyral, if they don't accept me... What will I do then?" Looking down at her feet she adds,"I've been turned away...a lot. I was maybe, hoping this would be a change." Sighing she opines,"Well, if they do I can come with inside to..they give you a place to stay? I could come in with you to the room to study, yes?" Thoughtful behind her question she wonders to herself,"Where can I keep the books...if they say no?"

Slapping her forehead a moment she adds,"Lets stop by the Inn I got a room at and you can take the books with you, like you asked me earlier!" Looking the mage up and down she jokes,"I think I can trust you to not keep them from me." Smiling she pats Tyral's arm,"I'm joking though..." Just in case he missed it.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+2]: Original post: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20:
1

D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100:
72


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

Tyral listens to the girl's concerns patiently and answers as best he can, "I've picked up magic knowledge all over the world from Ophid's Grasslands to the Old Kingdom too, so that's not an issue ... study is part of the Wizarding craft ... The Board? It tends to be 3-4 of those in the Class you identify with. You're not an Alchemist, Circle Master, or Diabolist so it'll be a few Wizards. I sat on a couple Boards maybe 40, 50 years ago, but it has been some time. Generally you are questioned on the depth of your knowledge and skills that they expect to see in one of our Class. Well, if you aren't accepted into the Brotherhood, that just means you have to pay the registration fees when you enter the City and can't use the Guild's resources. You-know ... their library, their Vaults, cannot learn spells from those instructing in new spellcraft at the Guild, and so on. The Rooms at the Brotherhood are only for members, so no you would not be able to study there if you were not accepted. Basically if that happens you'd just have to flag me down and I'll need to keep trading you spellbooks, then you go off and study at an Inn or ... I guess in the Stone Garden we walked through the night we left ... wherever you can find. You can still acquire spells from guild Alchemists down in the Market District, but prices tend to be a little higher ... really it's not the end of the world. Membership is a nice set of benefits, but Llorn has hundreds of Mages come through the City each year who never consider joining ... hell, I think the Guard down at the Gates uses Psi-Mystics and Warlocks to back up the Soldiers ... "

Tyral listens to see if she has further questions, but otherwise prepares to leave Thorgrim and head for the Brotherhood with Silhouette.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Silhouette » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:28 pm

<Rolls carried over>

The elf gets only a single response to his explanation,"Oh..." Some concepts were new to her, like the banking, taxes, and entrance fees, but for her apparent ignorance of joining the guild she was keenly aware of what the Master Mage was explaining...she was screwed. Nodding she waves at the door to indicate that they should leave now. Beginning to walk she thinks aloud,"Maybe they will let me pay the member fee to not have to coming and going..." Blowing a stray length of the tapestry of flowing hair down her back aside,"Pffft," she leads Tyral to her Inn she is staying at, the Speckled Hen in the Merchant district to collect her things before going to the Brotherhood straight away.

Taking her backpack she puts the two necromancer books at the bottom and loads her gold onto the top of them, dividing the gold Mark values with her satchels. Handing Tyral the fireball spell she jokes,"Well, if you're not going to be my Master, I'll learn the one I want to first." Keeping the escape she puts it at the top of her bag.

She too asks if he would hold onto the Skull staff in his room, since it is safer, though she keeps a hold of Patches Skull.

<Psuedo visit to Market district and Speckled Hen Inn>
<Posting in Brotherhood next>
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

D20 JiC: 1d20:
3

D100 JiC: 1d100:
90


PPE: 195/201

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 14

The Elf can tell that Silhouett seems a bit daunted by his response and tries to cheer her up as they give Thorgrim a farewell and head out for the Brotherhood, "If you enter this City less than once a month ... the dues do add up. Frankly I haven't been here in a decade and they've still collected 30,000 from me in that time, so you may want to put some thought into the decision ... so those benefits while you're here don't help when you are in the Western Empire, down in Timiro, or if you plan on moving around a lot ..." he laughs good naturedly at her decision to pursue a different [Escape vs Fireball] spell, "Fair enough girl, it was a suggestion not an order."

Tyral follows her out the door and down to the Horses/Wagons to mount up. "Hello there girl, I think I will call you Esper ..." he says to his new Riding Horse and hefts Brago up into the saddle so she can get used to being around his scent. While they ride, Tyral nods in response to Silhouette's request that he store the Bone-Staff, "Sure, sure. I wouldn't want to walk around the High District with that thing myself. It gives a rather unrefined impression. Oh it's fine enough out in the Wild, might scare off a bandit, but it's like taking a Battle Axe to a ball ..."

[[ Psuedo visit to Market district and Speckled Hen Inn ]]
[[ Posting in Brotherhood of Magic next ]]
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Per: 1d20+3 = 21:
18

JiC: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
23


Thorgrim's ears perk in interest overhearing the discussions of depositing large sums of money for safekeeping...A strange concept, methinks. Simple enough though; pay someone to guard your gold, essentially. If Tyral trusts them enough, then I suppose I can. I'm not familiar with the ways of a city, but this is better than walking about with large stacks of cash for a thief's attention. He turns to watch his companions depart, "Farewell for now. You may find me at the Weary Journeyman until we next meet."
The barbarian smacks his massive palms together in order to gain the clerk's attention and with a smile inquires, "I, Thorgrim, would also like to open an account. I have 2,500 Western gold, in addition to 17,415 in Eastern gold. In addition from this amount, I'd like to exchange and draw a small amount of gold for keeping on my person... shall we say 100 Dross, and 20 Ne-Dross. I don't suppose a special rate or tip would be in order, for the warrior who slayed Vlad the Necromancer with his own bare hands, eh? Let's make a deal."
Bartering (44%): 1d100:
47

Thor sticks out a muscular hand to shake and looks the clerk in the eyes, as he feels this must be a universal good sign of trust and custom.

((OOC: the exchange rate for Western brings it to = 4,750. And my "17,415 in Eastern gold" is including the most recent deduction for the Scale Armor. In total 22,165.
...19,165 deposited, for safe keeping in Werrington's. 100 Dross + 20 Ne-Dross = 3,000 gold, in my belt purse for 'carrying cash'.))
Last edited by Thorgrim on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 46/49
S.D.C.: 0/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 58/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Rock's Axe (lost in woods), Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:02 pm

The clerk merely points to the apparently non-negotiable exchange rate before doing as Thorgrim asks.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Werringtons House of Trade & Securities

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 pm

SNAFU wrote:The clerk merely points to the apparently non-negotiable exchange rate before doing as Thorgrim asks.


Hmm, stiff little buggers aren't they? Well at least I'm not accosted for trying.

Thorgrim finishes his business at Werrington's and departs back to the Grand Bazaar for a final visit to the dog breeder's at the Three Ring Ranch Stables.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 46/49
S.D.C.: 0/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 58/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Rock's Axe (lost in woods), Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Fox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Fox stops by the bank and deposits 8,000 gold, no point in keeping it on him, anyone can be mugged and rolled. They seem a bit hesitant, probably because he seems to be a Wolfen to the more ignorant humans, but eventually it is taken care of.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am


Return to Llorn Location Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron