Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Moderators: Augur, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:24 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7+3=10
JiC: 1d100 = 88 // 1d20 = 3
A new record of 14
Headhunters, Find Contraband: 1d100 = 78/78% (Locate anything out of the ordinary either in the room or via the cams)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 20/66% (Figure out a way to have the pompous guards do my work for me with the cams)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 60/73% (Cognizant of everything on the cams and in the room)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 64/68% (Avoid being jumped)
Track, Humanoids: 1d100 = 69/73% (Find the Spade(s) in the sleeve)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 28/54% (Remain native)
Prowl: 1d100 = 56/63% (Remain incognito)
Interrogation: 1d100 = 51/55% (Drill guards for answers without drawing suspicion)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 41/63% (Maintain stature)
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 16/30% (Get help from guards)
Recognize Sounds and Voices: 1d100 = 19/58% (Suspect sounds)
Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 53/63% (Augment figuring out the system)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 34/73% (Figure out how to work the security system)
Save vs Psionics: 1d20 = 13+2=15 (Prevent his mind from being read)


Echo's senses wrote:Echo's bluff in the back of house area goes off without a hitch. The staff seem confused, but do what he asks anyway. They figure he's probably from the corporate headquarters or something. Doesn't matter to them, he's here, he's packing heat, his orders seem legit. If he's packing heat and he's inside, he must be official, because no one gets inside armed.

Unfortunately, the security controls are totally alien to him and he has trouble making it work. Worse, he can't even think of a way to discretely ask for help, so he's left watching the camera feeds passively, but he cannot affect them at all.


Echo assumes the stance of a corporate enforcer eyeing the cameras from underneath his visor while his eyes wander the controls. Bloody alien controls, it'll take too long to figure this out to a working extent... maybe these louts can do my legwork. The assassin thinks, his mind still on finding his target, a last thought slips by, ... though, I'll be ready for any outcome. He thinks, his left wrist doing an internal shift as his dispenser prepares a tranquilizer doze for any staff.

His head turns away from the camera and towards the nearest guard, "You, lock this camera on Mr Spade and his meeting." Echo commands while pointing to the camera screen nearest to him. "Then I want a search pattern for possible uninvited guests, Corporate has reasons to believe that someone is going to interfere with this meeting. We obviously can't put the club on alert or else it would drive out business. I know the profile, add a search pattern that takes a facial recognition of the current occupants. I want those files on this monitor so I can review them easily." Echo orders, assuming his newly acquired role, he then adds, "I know this sounds tedious and like a logistical nightmare, but if this pans out the way I plan it too, you will all be apart of and credited for the protection and well-being of the corporation and her constituents." Echo states, hoping to add a bit of leeway to his bold-faced lie. Time to dust off some of these old skills, let's see how far I can push this. Echo remarks, his lips curling into a smirk from underneath his helmet.

If all goes according to plan, Echo will spend his next efforts on locating his target(s) while ensuring the cooperation of the security staff in the club. Echo will not do anything too overt but he will not hesitate to play the role of a Corporate Agent. He will divert security from the area of his group as he can, over-watch their dealings and offer external input from their secured internal frequency if he finds anything of note.

Contingency if discovered
Every assassin has an escape plan cooked up incase of a botched assignment or discovery, Echo's is currently a work in progress as he ensures he takes proper time to assess the room he is in; he will be looking for quick ways out that do not include the closed office door, such as vents. If discovered, he will use his tranquilizer on the two nearest guards, grabbing them by a soft spot preferably under the ribs or the neck and injecting them quickly. His personal shield active, he will then try to incapacitate or quickly kill anyone in his way and then try to escape via the easiest route that is not the doorway.

Climbing Skill: 1d100 = 62/73%
Strike Rolls for Tranq: 1d20+5 = 18 / 1d20+5 = 24
Roles for Tranq: Activates in 1d4*15 = 45seconds | Activates in 1d4*15 = 60seconds


Echo EPIC Sig:
Echo Sig Details
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 84
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 20/42 (includes -4 for Mind Block activated this post)
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson watches Spade and smiles. Oh, this guy is smoooooth. My guess is this is the guy we're looking for. Not wanting to take chances he activates his Mind Block (-4 isp). Nothing worse in this kind of situation than having someone listen in.

Spade wrote:"Sorrenson, pleasure, and I have drinks on the way. I hope whiskey is acceptable. Such a classic. From Earth I believe." The drinks arrive and Spade offers up a toast, friendly with his new friends. "Sorrenson, I have not met you before, but you strike me as also a local. Mr Grant here speaks with an distinct accent. Is that Earth's variation on Trade 4?"

Sorrenson takes the whiskey raises his glass to the toast with a polite smile. "Yes, I'm local. I live here. I assume you do to?" He takes a small sip and savors the whiskey. Well, now we're here I'm not sure how we're going to play this. He takes another sip of his drink and looks over at the others, trying to gauge who will be taking the lead. He looks at the glass and holds it up studying the contents. "This drink - whiskey - is rather good. It's from Earth you say? I may have to arrange a visit one day. It sounds like an intriguing place. It's nice to know they have good booze. I do appreciate a good drop every now and again. Have you been there?" He asks Spade with a smile. The real question is though, how much foreplay is enough before we get on to the real action?
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:38 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 57

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 64%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 74%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 500'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 68/78
  • P.P.E.: 801/512 - Hold for 12 more minutes
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus
  • Tongues: 20.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Charismatic Aura: 5.00 min | 240' r | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days



Spade wrote:Spade, Grant can tell via his aura, is not even remotely human. Not even biological, it-he-has an aura that is more typical of an inorganic object. They amount of raw magical energy rivals that of Grant, but he can't determine if he has any active powers. Definitely no psionics though. This being has been around a long time, as alien as the reading is, that much is clear. Like so many things here on Center, this creature is beyond all of Grant's impressive depth of learning. This being is not organic. This being more than like has some shape shifting power, somehow. He passes for human quite well, without the see aura Grant would never have known.

"Mr. Grant, a pleasure. Please sit,"[b] Spade says as he stands to shake hands with Grant. [b]"Please, since I appear to have invited you here, we must be friends, so call me Sam." He tosses back the drink in the tumbler in front of him and raises it slightly in the air. "Yes, I am probably the Spade you are looking for, and if I'm not, I'll try to be. How can I help you?" There is a bit of a twinkle in his eye, nothing evil, more like this is the kind of thing he lives for and he's loving it.


Okay, not human, and not alive as I would normally expect, but obviously is. All signs point to Yes, Grant thinks as he recalls a curio he saw in Lazlo of a small black ball that answered questions. No indication of psionic power, but a massive amount of magical energy. While not erecting a Mind Block, Grant does pay attention to any attempt to probe his mind. He may not be psionic, but doesn't mean he doesn't have friends who are.

"Well, Mr. Spade..." Grant begins just before Sorrenson steps up.


Spade wrote:"Sorrenson, pleasure, and I have drinks on the way. I hope whiskey is acceptable. Such a classic. From Earth I believe." The drinks arrive and Spade offers up a toast, friendly with his new friends. "Sorrenson, I have not met you before, but you strike me as also a local. Mr Grant here speaks with an distinct accent. Is that Earth's variation on Trade 4?"


Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson takes the whiskey raises his glass to the toast with a polite smile. "Yes, I'm local. I live here. I assume you do to?" He takes a small sip and savors the whiskey. Well, now we're here I'm not sure how we're going to play this. He takes another sip of his drink and looks over at the others, trying to gauge who will be taking the lead. He looks at the glass and holds it up studying the contents. "This drink - whiskey - is rather good. It's from Earth you say? I may have to arrange a visit one day. It sounds like an intriguing place. It's nice to know they have good booze. I do appreciate a good drop every now and again. Have you been there?" He asks Spade with a smile. The real question is though, how much foreplay is enough before we get on to the real action?


Interrogation: 79% vs 1d100 = 62 | Pass | Control the conversation.
Intelligence: 67% vs 1d100 = 11 | Pass | Understand the implications of what Spade says.
Trust: 60% vs 1d100 = 13 | Pass | Get Spade's help.

Charm/Impress: 60% vs 1d100 = 95 | Pass | Get Spade's help cheap. Nope, Braitwaite is paying through the nose.
Successful Deception: 80% vs 1d100 = 53 | Pass | Keep up the friendly vibes.

Grant pauses letting the drinks arrive, he holds his up in his hand, inspecting the color as the room's light passes through the glass. He shakes his head slightly and lowers the glass down so he can answer Spade's question. "Your ear for accents is extraordinary Mr. Spa, I mean Sam." Grant's expression shows he realized his blunder and was trying to fix it. "I am from Earth. As you know, many beings have a keen eye on what happens on my planet. It's a bit backwards," Grant says in a deprecating manner, "when compared to Center, but it has it's own appeal."

Waving his drink towards his new friends, "We've recently heard that a group of unsociable fellows are planning to visit. Mechanoids, I believe they are called. We'd like to ensure a proper welcoming party is on hand when they arrive, but are not sure of the time and place." Grant leans closer, and drops his voice conspiratorially, "and we've heard, that Sam Spade is the man most likely to know the answer."
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 23
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Skills
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 10/82% (Read internal and External Sensor data)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 60/72% (To ID potential Nearby threats)
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 60/42% (To ID effects from or around "Spade")
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100 = 35/31% (To ID effects from or around "Spade")
Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 60/26% (To ID effects from or around "Spade")

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 34/42% (To ID effects from or around "Spade")
History: Pre-Rifts (North America) 1d100 = 2/58%/1d100 = 48/50% (To consider further on the origins of Sam Spade)
Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 81/52% (To ID potential Nearby threats)
Psychology 1d100 = 43/57% (To figure what game "Spade" is at.)
Research 1d100 = 25/98% (To collate the data)
Intelligence 1d100 = 3/52% (To put the data together so James can disseminate it to the group)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 32/97% (Access Local Network wirelessly)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 81/92% (To Hack Local Network wirelessly)
Artificial Intelligence 1d100 = 94/47% (Deal with potential Virtual Intelligence's in system security)
Cryptography 1d100 = 11/42% (To Break passcodes as needed)


Maniacal Laugh wrote:As James tries to play his role, his mind ponders the name. But then, like a bolt, it hits him. It is indeed a made up name. A famous 20th century detective and celebrity was named Sam Spade. James can't remember if he was a real or a fictional person. This "Spade" as mentioned Earth several times, and it seems likely that he has at more than just a passing knowledge.


James makes a noise to himself, which some may think is derision, but is actually in fact a noise of frustration from some deep thinking. queuing his sub-vocal radio to the teams channel. "He's playing the lot of you. He's likely from Earth or visits so frequently that he might as well live there. Sam Spade is a character from earth's past. Still no sign of the other Spade, but that seems to be the goal I think."

James' mind goes in overdrive as he begins work on several tasks at once. First James begins scanning for a local area network, before piggy backing on it to access the clubs internal sensors and security features. James follows this all with looking at the people immediately around Spade and Spade himself tring to identify the players and their game. James finally finishes off with thinking on the origins of Spades persona from earths past.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:23 am

JIC:1d20 = 201d100 = 16
PERC: 1d20+3 = 9

Silhouette seems surprised at the change of the Spade's appearance thinking she was going to have to be so very polite to the egg-headed creature they were seeking. Now she stood before a roguishly handsome man in attire not far from their own. Tilting her head she finds herself smiling devilishly at that realization.

Their benefactor Braithwaite had chosen their clothing. He had chosen it to match with Spades to perhaps ease tensions? Though having explored the plethora of clothes and the types of people all around in this alien mecca Silhouette finds her distrust of their benefactor weighing in on the situation. They were not dressed for Center because Center was so diverse that nobody would notice the team's clothes more than how they spoke and carried themselves, the team was being put on a show for Mr. Spade.

All the while that this scenario running through Silhouette's mind like the puzzles her Tutor would present her she bends to take a snifter of the Whiskey and takes small if not dainty taste from her position standing to the side. She was wary of alcohol for its more dramatic affects on her but it did taste good if not a bit strong. She preferred cider's and other watered down beverages for that reason.

Smelling at the whiskey mostly instead of drinking it she smiles as Sorrenson and Grant begin talking she sashay's over to the handsome Spade and plants herself just that their elbows are fighting for space.

Sorrenson:
This drink - whiskey - is rather good. It's from Earth you say?


Nodding at that question the changeling hearing Sorrenson finds her thoughts reinforced as she catches on that Braithwaite theme when they were first scooped up together has been Earth. Then, here, and... Speaking up in Dragonese though possibly translated she says,"Ooooh, Earth sounds like a charming and rustic place!" Leaning back and forth on her rump so that she leans and bumps into Spade's shoulder she smiles at him apologetically before taking another minuscule sip of the whiskey under quirked eyebrows in Spade's direction,"The clothing is so orderly, clean, and with strong lines like the men who wear them." Keeping Spade's eyes on her if she can she smiles mischievously before turning it to a simple question,"Don't you think, Sam?"

Putting a finger to her dark chin the tall woman that is Silhouette ponders,"I believe if we went to Earth their would be many men of your stature. And yet, I'm sure I would be disappointed..." Giving a backhanded compliment the girl puts her arm through Sam Spade's while transferring her whiskey glass to the same hand to complicate him removing it. Bobbing the barely touched contents she indicates a desire for some from his glass all the while smiling innocently as she says,"I would like to find out, but such a man seems to already be here."

Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100 = 45
Charm/Impress: 40% /1d100 = 45
Seduction -- 34% (Level 2) (Victim intoxicated/drugged +5%)/ 1d100 = 89(She's charming him, not full on seduction.)
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:35
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight


THE MAIN DEATH
Echo's attention centers on the console and the small group of people starting to coalesce around him. No one is agitated by his presence, nor seems to question his authority. There is a war going on above and below, these "lucky few" as they think of themselves for the moment. A confident and threatening dude--one who seems neither demon or deevil--is quite welcome. Putting a bit of focus into play has good results. Some of the controls look familiar even if the names and labels look odd. The kid Echo selected sits down at the board and fusses a little bit, but he seems to have a clue. "Bleerburgeebur," he says and the after a second of lag the translator kicks and repeats, "On it boss". The rest of the sheep either go back to work or stand waiting for more instructions, especially the pair of security guards that arrived when Echo first started asserting control.

Meanwhile, out on the solarium floor, the public face of this detective crew does some detecting.

Spade is in a great mood. Knowing what he knows, Grant does not detect anything off about the reactions, it all seems very natural.

"No, sadly, I have never actually left Center since I first got here a long time ago," he says, somewhat dampened for a moment, but he bounces back quickly. "I do like to be informed though. The last couple of years, I admit to be fascinated with Earth. We get some visitors from there on and off." He sips on his beverage. Then he smiles again, "Center has its charm, it's a wonderful place, but I'm sure Earth has its special qualities."

When Grant drops the Mechanoids' name, Spade stops and squints at Grant, then a moment at Sorrenson. "Yes," he says, his grin semi-concealed behind a serious face. "I hadn't confirmed the name, but you just did," he struggles to contain his glee, the confirmation of the name seems to be a big deal. "These Mechanoids, it's a funny thing, no one knows where they're actually from." Here he pauses. A long, pregnant pause where he's practically begging for someone to ask a followup question.

James' perspective on Spade colors the interaction differently. His scan of the room reveals many different types of creatures in the room, more James recognizes as something he's never seen that anything he's heard of. There are one or two of the creatures the locals call Prometheans. A few draconids, like the lady they met earlier are about as well, and another group of different looking lizard people. A good smattering of humans are there two. A smaller group of things that look kind of like psi-stalkers, but with the horns built in. Another large population is wolfen, they seem to be a major part of the population. But all these more or less recognizable creatures are vastly outnumbered by a crazy riot of different lifeforms.

However or wherever he studied history, it included something about fiction. One of the topics they covered was survey of 20th century fiction. One popular genre was detective novels, and the character Sam Spade was very famous, making the jump from the written page to movies and more. For a person who was into Earth stuff, and styled themselves a detective, Sam Spade would be a predictable if trite, choice for a name.

And this Spade does not seem above trite and predictable. His behavior doesn't seem deceptive so much as playful. That, too, seems in line with some of the witty patter a noir detective might use, except this guy is failing miserably at pulling of a noir attitude. Possibly that has something to do with the fact that he is only speaking this "Trade 4", so a lot of the accent makes the nuances impossible to detect.

Taking a break from his obsessive study of Spade, James explores the wireless connections nearby. It's pretty simple, the radio band the signal is on isn't the standard CS one, but it's not too far off to locate. Once he's found it, figuring out how attack it is a dicey thing. He struggles, but eventually figures out what to do and it doesn't take much more effort to get enough permissions to make things interesting. One thing he discovers quickly is Echo's location in the security room, watching the proceedings on his own--with lots of local help.

"You're a good man sister," Spade laughs at Sil's antics. He gives her a little more attention once he grasps that she's speaking in only Dragonese, and it's being translated. He seems to enjoy her behavior, but looks at her quizzically, "I don't recognize your language from anywhere, fascinating! Where are you from, if you don't mind?"

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 37
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Skills
Computer Operation 1d100 = 38/97% Pass (To manipulate systems)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 50/82% Pass (To continue his sweep)
Research 1d100 = 72/98% Pass (Digging through back logs)
Intelligence 1d100 = 66/52% Fail (Putting it all together)
Wardrobe & Grooming 1d100 = 48/62% Pass (To fake being the Help)


James sighs. "I have system access. So far no sign of the other Spade." James says over the group channel as he mentally cycles through video feeds. This place can not be that large for a mutant like that to hide. James begins running secondary windows in his HUD to look for previous recordings, hoping to find their secondary target. Switching his channel to Echo only. "Where the hell could that freak have hidden itself?" All the while James tries to keep the appearance of a servant with nothing to do.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 am

Perception: 1d20 = 1 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 25

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 68/78
  • P.P.E.: 801/572 - Hold for 12 more minutes
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus
  • Tongues: 15.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


James Howlett wrote:James makes a noise to himself, which some may think is derision, but is actually in fact a noise of frustration from some deep thinking. queuing his sub-vocal radio to the teams channel. "He's playing the lot of you. He's likely from Earth or visits so frequently that he might as well live there. Sam Spade is a character from earth's past. Still no sign of the other Spade, but that seems to be the goal I think."


Grant tries not to cock his head as he hears James' recognition of the name. Of course it's fake, it's a human sounding name for a being that's obviously not human, Grant thinks to himself. The question is why is he obsessed with Earth at all? Second Spade? If things a shape-shifter it could be there's more than one and they all use the same shape, or it's just this one. Grant does a little sigh on the inside, I can't use the radio without being obvious, I may have to go with Telepathy and deal with the Lieutenant's outrage later. Grant activates his emphatic ability to try and gauge Spade's veracity.

Empathy | -4 I.S.P. | 24 min | 200' radius (Range and Duration doubled within 1 mile of a nexus point)

Spade wrote:Spade is in a great mood. Knowing what he knows, Grant does not detect anything off about the reactions, it all seems very natural.

"No, sadly, I have never actually left Center since I first got here a long time ago," he says, somewhat dampened for a moment, but he bounces back quickly. "I do like to be informed though. The last couple of years, I admit to be fascinated with Earth. We get some visitors from there on and off." He sips on his beverage. Then he smiles again, "Center has its charm, it's a wonderful place, but I'm sure Earth has its special qualities."


Interrogation: 79% vs 1d100 = 48 | Pass | Get Spade to cough up the intel
History: Pre-Apocalyptic 80%/75% vs 1d100 = 6 | Pass | If Spade shares any info on why he's fascinated with Earth

Intelligence: 67% vs 1d100 = 92 | Fail | Gain insight on what to ask next

"Fascinated, but never visited? I would think someone with your abilities would be able to fit right in. Or is it Earth's past that you are interested in? The legends I have heard about my planet make me wish to have seen that by gone era as well." Grant says in response. "Some say it was much like Center in it's sophistication." Grant finally takes a sip of the whiskey to wet his dry mouth. "Smooooth," Grant says in a hoarse whisper.

Spade wrote:When Grant drops the Mechanoids' name, Spade stops and squints at Grant, then a moment at Sorrenson. "Yes," he says, his grin semi-concealed behind a serious face. "I hadn't confirmed the name, but you just did," he struggles to contain his glee, the confirmation of the name seems to be a big deal. "These Mechanoids, it's a funny thing, no one knows where they're actually from." Here he pauses. A long, pregnant pause where he's practically begging for someone to ask a followup question.


Grant purposely frowns at Spade's smile, ordering his thoughts to not reveal anything, "Where they are from and more importantly who is opening the way for them. Now, I have given you something you didn't know, perhaps, you can do the same for me? Hopefully it's something one of us can validate for authenticity.

Removed
Spade wrote:"You're a good man sister," Spade laughs at Sil's antics. He gives her a little more attention once he grasps that she's speaking in only Dragonese, and it's being translated. He seems to enjoy her behavior, but looks at her quizzically, "I don't recognize your language from anywhere, fascinating! Where are you from, if you don't mind?"


Dragonese is the lingua-franca of the multiverse, Grant thinks. How can he not have heard this before? Grant is beginning to join the Lieutenant in his suspicion that there may be another Spade.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19+3
JiC: 1d100 = 94 // 1d20 = 4
OOC Comments
Intelligence: 1d100 = 37/66% (Augment Critical Thinking and Tactical Assessment)
Interrogation: 1d100 = 6/55% (Ask questions without arousing suspicion)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 67/80% (Ensure no one questions him)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 43/73% (Manipulate controls skillfully to locate the mutant Spade and/or other interested parties)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 82/73% (Pay significant Attention-To-Detail on what he sees on the cameras)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 82/68% (Be mindful if anyone is watching too overtly and/or threateningly)

Tracking, Humanoids: 1d100 = 44/73% (Find interested persons)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 34/63% (Main his persona)


Finally, poke at something long enough and it will not elude you. Echo thinks to himself after gaining more significant knowledge on the equipment. Echo glances around the room and notices the two new security guards that entered during his little coup and motions them over. "I need the logs of all recorded persons who entered through the front door in the past half-hour, essential staff excluded." Echo remarks, giving them something to do while he refocuses his attention on finding the mutant Spade he saw earlier. One, two, three, let's see if we can hit the knee. My allies seem to have the humanoid Spade well in hand, though I will maintain a positive eye on them just in case. Echo ponders. He will also be searching for controls on how to issue a building lock-down if needed as well as scanning the faces of all occupants and, when the list arrives, comparing their names.

Echo glances at the kid assisting him and pats him on the shoulder, "What's your name?" Echo asks and will wait for a response before continuing, "Your responsiveness is greatly appreciated considering everything going on above and below. Have you considered more advanced work or is this a for-the-moment position for you. A recommendation from a guy like me would go far." Echo remarks, intending to garner trust and develop a potential insider.

James wrote:"I have system access. So far no sign of the other Spade." ... "Where the hell could that freak have hidden itself?"


Echo nods slightly and responds on his internal frequency, "Not sure. I have most of the security staff under control and assisting, if you can try looking into the monitors on the VIP areas, decent chance he isn't out and about. What's the deal with the suit the others are chatting up, from my vantage point he doesn't seem like our guy." Echo remarks directly to James as to not distract Grant or anyone else in their current dealings. He will attempt to rotate his own cameras unobtrusively into VIP areas and the like but will not do anything too overt.

Echo Sig Details
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

For James and Echo:
Security footage of the main public areas is pretty tight. There are well positioned and unobtrusive bouncers. The cameras have quality coverage, there are few blind spots.

It’s simple to spot and the visually follow the ugly Spafe in, and he makes no actions that would betray a hidden motive. He heads towards the bathroom and goes in, without even a glance over his shoulder.

But a few minutes later, it’s the pretty Spade who comes out. Scrubbing through the security video from the time pretty Spade left the bathroom to the current live feed fails to show ugly Spade leaving.
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d100 = 87 // 1d20 = 14
OOC Comments
Intelligence: 1d100 = 26/66% (Augment Critical Thinking and Risk Assessments)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 12/73% (Continue learning controls to do what he needs to do)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 50/73% (Monitor the surveillance cameras with painstaking attention to detail)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 14/68% (Determine Threat Level of Target, and ensure he isn't getting jumped in the SecOffice)
Tracking, Humanoid: 1d100 = 73/73% (Target Tracked, Determine Threat Level)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 7/63% (Maintain Persona)
Detect Traps: 1d100 = 5/63% (Look for anything on the surveillance feeds that might insinuate a trap)
Prowl: 1d100 = 29/63% (Remain Covert)


Bloody hell, they are one in the same? That doesn't make sense! Echo thinks to himself before stopping the guards from getting that list. "Gentlemen, new task. Check the male bathroom's in the main foyer and back; I suspect foul play and all I want from you is a cursory inspection. You're looking for an occupant who has been in there for awhile, if its empty, then excellent. Notify the Security Office immediately if you find anything, if you don't, return here." Echo orders of the guards. Either our Spades here are one in the same or there is foul play. James should have seen the same.

After his orders are issued, he returns to his secured internal frequency. "Warning: One of two possibilities. Either we have foul play and Spade on Spade violence, or our mutant and your pretty boy are one in the same. Be cautious with your dealings with him. I am investigating the former now however the ladder seems most probable." Echo states over the line to the team. Conveying what he has seen and that the Mutant Spade and the Pretty Boy Spade may be one in the same.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 am

Perception: 1d20 = 2 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 5
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Spade wrote:"No, sadly, I have never actually left Center since I first got here a long time ago,"
Sorrenson's eyebrow raises in surprise. Never left? That's strange... That's half the appeal of this place, it's so easy to come and go. "You've never left? How odd. It's so easy to come and go. May I ask, how long have you been living here?" Sorrenson asks. He listens to Spade and Grant getting down to business and decides it's best if he keeps his mouth shut. Too many people talking at times like this is generally counter productive.What? He didn't know the Mechaniods name for sure? Um, how much use can this guy be if he doesn't even know the name of the thing we want info on?

Grant Latham wrote:"Where they are from and more importantly who is opening the way for them. Now, I have given you something you didn't know, perhaps, you can do the same for me?
Sorrenson watches Spade closely as James asks this question. Hoping to see some telling reaction, but expecting to see a player work his craft. I hope this guys knows something and we aren't just wasting our time.

Echo wrote:"Warning: One of two possibilities. Either we have foul play and Spade on Spade violence, or our mutant and your pretty boy are one in the same. Be cautious with your dealings with him. I am investigating the former now however the ladder seems most probable."
Yep, I think number 2 is more likely. Phantoms are shape-shifters. Sorrenson moves back in his seat, settling in for a long game of 'tell us what you know'. He takes his eyes off Spade and quickly scans the room. looking for anything that seems out of place.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 pm

(rolls carried)

Echo wrote:After his orders are issued, he returns to his secured internal frequency. "Warning: One of two possibilities. Either we have foul play and Spade on Spade violence, or our mutant and your pretty boy are one in the same. Be cautious with your dealings with him. I am investigating the former now however the ladder seems most probable." Echo states over the line to the team. Conveying what he has seen and that the Mutant Spade and the Pretty Boy Spade may be one in the same.


Damnit! Grant thinks as he hears this over his ear piece. Grant attempts to hold his attentive expression as he waits for Spade to tell him something meanful. There's no way to pull back and assess. Order your thoughts Grant. Nothing is what it seems here.

Telepathy | 4 I.S.P | 24 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'

Grant activates his telepathy and reaches out for Silhouette, This is not a human but a shapeshifter. His emotional overtone implying disgust, not that this being before him is a shapeshifter, but at his willingness to play with the lives of others for his own amusement. We need to know if he speaks the truth. Distract him

While the distraction is occurring, Grant continues to speak. Grant says, "Excuse me Mr. Spade, as you mentioned, I am from earth, the language here, this Trade 4 is close to my American, but not exactly the same, let me refresh my magic allowing me to speak fluently."

Grant gestures and casts three spells one after another without pausing for a breath as if they were one spell.

Charm | 10 P.P.E. | 10 min | 60' | Save vs Spell Strength 14 | Will believe/trust caster, want to help and tell the truth.
Charismatic Aura | 10 P.P.E. | 18 min | 240' | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
Tongues | 12 P.P.E. | 36 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%

Charm/Impress 60% vs 1d100 = 85 Fail
Successful Deception 80% vs 1d100 = 4 Pass

"Better, now my friend, I believe you were about to tell me something interesting about these 'Devourers.'"
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:24 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 171d100 = 73
Perc: 1d20+3 = 6

Spade:
You're a good man sister," Spade laughs at Sil's antics. He gives her a little more attention once he grasps that she's speaking in only Dragonese, and it's being translated. He seems to enjoy her behavior, but looks at her quizzically, "I don't recognize your language from anywhere, fascinating! Where are you from, if you don't mind?"



Smiling the dark skinned girl doesn't skip a beat at being called sister,"Aww, but as sibling's we miss out on all the fun stuff..." Not understanding that Spade was calling her after an Earth colloquial for a black woman she tilts her head while giving her allies a slow scan of her eyes expressing confusion before she turns back to Spade,"Now, this sister idea." Still not grasping that Spade had implied differently Silhouette continues mistakenly that her charms were being subverted for different desires,"If he wants me to be his "sister" that can be done." Mentally she finds herself curious though as to how he means,"An actual sibling or unusual bedding request?" She did not know how she felt about the latter, but how bad can it be to play along?

Wrapping her arm tighter around Spade's she acts the part testing as to where the being's intentions lay,"You will make sure your sister does not have too much drink?" Taking a sip a little bigger than she should of the whiskey she smiles while looking up at Spade from below her eyelashes,"It would be so bad if that happened."

Holding up a hand to her mouth she gasps,"Someone might take advantage of me!" The other half of the question follows,"But you are a gentleman, you..." Letting the last part fall to imagination the man could pursue whatever interest he had in her freely.

Tittering at the silly lines as well as from a slowly dawning alcoholic buzz she shakes her head at Spade's question of her origin,"Nuh uh, I am from a little place a tiny bit further than over the hill." She liked this part of the game. She did not exactly hook him with her wiles yet he was still caught by curiosity about her natural attributes.

Putting her cheek against Spade's sleeve she says coyly to draw some answers out from the man in turn,"You tell me where you are from and I will tell too?"

Charm 40% / 1d100 = 36
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:35
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight


THE MASTER MIND
After a few minutes, a couple of Echo's new lackeys return from investigating the men's bathroom. They stand a few feet a away, and one nods and the other speaks "So we didn't find anything interesting in there. We checked the stalls too. One guy was taking a dump and didn't appreciate it, but it was kind of funny."

While they were gone the young assistant with some semblance of competency turns to answer Echo. "Sir, I'm Steve Ponsener. I'm a assistant security software technician for Adolphus Security. Thank you sir, any help is great." Beaming he turns back to the controls, but his eye roll at the other two minions as they report is very visible in the reflection off the screen.

Out on the floor, Spade and Sorrenson's conversation turns personal. Spade answers, "To be perfectly honest, from what I've heard, I don't think I would survive very long. I like the light and space we have hear. I can go and bask in the emptiness and know that more of my people are near by. I have not travelled the three galaxies much either, the information trade here on Center keeps me plenty busy." Spade sips his drink and grins at Sorrenson, "Out of all the beings on Center, I certainly am not the oldest, not by a long ways. Roughly, 400 years."

Sil takes over the conversation, derailing any more delving into Spades history. He smiles, the attention clearly something he enjoys. "My dear! If we only had someone like you in my family, we would have been so much happier. Some of my relatives can be quite taciturn. Not all of us are as friendly as I am." He nods to Sil's antics, smiling and smiling. Grant observes that Spade's joyfulness is almost akin to the faerie-folk, a simplistic and somewhat manipulative pleasure. Spade doesn't seem to harbor the negative aspects of bogies or the more malignant faeries, but there is probably a degree of selfishness to be wary of.

"Oh yes, I will not let anyone take advantage of you, but I'm sure your fellows here would be more than enough defense against that." Sil may or may not be disappointed but her rather amorous temptation doesn't yield any results. As human as Spade looks, he is clearly not interested in anything other than conversation. "Well as I was telling Grant, my dear, I am from Center, as much as I'm from anywhere. Now you could be from anywhere. Let me see." He leans back giving Sil an appraisal. "The four of you have definitely coordinated. There is little personal to go by. Well, my first guess is the UWW -- the United Worlds of Warlock, but something about your naïveté tells me that's not right. You are a physical being, no doubt, not just an energy form in a meager construct. You and your companions are all disparate to some degree, though the the two human men are from Earth. Dear Sorrenson is from our own Center, but none of you seem to the the organizer or a strong leader in this group." He points to Grant, "You would be at home with the UWW, for a while, but I don't think you are a stay put kind of guy." He motions to James. "You are not a servant, and are very bad at acting like one. There is much here that you are uncomfortable with. Be certain, there is danger, but so much more wisdom to be had."

When Grant breaks in, Spade nods, "Yes, go ahead, though I must say you are adapting to Trade 4 quite well for a human." His smile goes away at the mention of the Devourers. He sets his drink down and gently extricates himself from Sil, turning to Grant with a more business like mien, more so than he's displayed so far. "I suppose that is why you're here. I let that word slip, it seemed important, I had no idea who'd come looking. It was a hunch." He looks Grant in the eye, with a slight twinkle, but enough seriousness to be believable. "This is my business, so let's discuss terms. I will tell you what I know about these Devourers in exchange for a small amount of cash, but in addition, I would like to know more about why you are here, especially our enigmatic young woman." He pulls out his data pad and types in a number and slides it to Grant. It has an account number and an amount: 25,000cr.

"So, what do you say." He pulls out a small paper envelope and sets it on the table, somewhat dramatically. No, very dramatically. "I haven't let this out of my sight since I took the picture." he says slowly unwinding a thing string from a paper disk closure.

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am

Perception: 1d20 = 8+3=11
JiC: 1d100 = 94 // 1d20 = 3
OOC Comments
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 43/73% (Keep working on cameras)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 43/73% (Watchful Eye, Perception Augmentation)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 27/66% (Augment Critical Thinking)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 26/68% (Looking for anyone going to jump his team)
Trap Detect: 1d100 = 83/63% (Traps around his team)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 41/54% (Keep up the local act)
Prowl: 1d100 = 53/63% (Remain Incognito about it)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 59/63% (Keep up the Corporate Act)
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 24/58% (Any hidden items of note)
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 31/80% (Trust me, Steve Ponsener, Trust Me.)


While reviewing the cameras, Echo will keep a watchful eye for anyone who appears to be a little too interested in the conversation of the group.

Guards wrote:"So we didn't find anything interesting in there. We checked the stalls too. One guy was taking a dump and didn't appreciate it, but it was kind of funny."


Echo nods, thanks the guards and orders them to stand by the door and then looks back to the cameras. That answers that. Plus side, I don't need to worry about a mutant jumping me in here anymore. Echo thinks, queuing his radio, "Confirmation, Pretty Boy is Mutant S." Echo states before closing the line.

This club might serve as a decent base of operations for us to use. The team has Spade well in hand for the moment, let's see what else I can get away with. Echo ponders to himself until the kid speaks up again.

NPC wrote:"Sir, I'm Steve Ponsener. I'm a assistant security software technician for Adolphus Security. Thank you sir, any help is great."


Adolphus Security, Security Software Assistant. Local hacking insider perhaps, might aid James in his own capabilities in this unfamiliar area. Echo nods, "Excellent Mr. Ponsener, I may pull you aside a little bit later." Echo remarks, and then returns to reviewing the cameras and logs. This time, for different items. He is first looking for anyone overtly interested in the dealings of his crew, then for anyone who might qualify as store ownership/operator.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

Perception: 1d20 = 4 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 89

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Empathy | -4 I.S.P. | 24 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P | 24 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 36.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Charismatic Aura | 10 P.P.E. | 18 min | 240' | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Charm | 10 P.P.E. | 10 min | 60' | Save vs Spell Strength 14 | Will believe/trust caster, want to help and tell the truth. | Cast on Spade
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Oh yes, I will not let anyone take advantage of you, but I'm sure your fellows here would be more than enough defense against that." Sil may or may not be disappointed but her rather amorous temptation doesn't yield any results. As human as Spade looks, he is clearly not interested in anything other than conversation. "Well as I was telling Grant, my dear, I am from Center, as much as I'm from anywhere. Now you could be from anywhere. Let me see." He leans back giving Sil an appraisal. "The four of you have definitely coordinated. There is little personal to go by. Well, my first guess is the UWW -- the United Worlds of Warlock, but something about your naïveté tells me that's not right. You are a physical being, no doubt, not just an energy form in a meager construct. You and your companions are all disparate to some degree, though the the two human men are from Earth. Dear Sorrenson is from our own Center, but none of you seem to the the organizer or a strong leader in this group." He points to Grant, "You would be at home with the UWW, for a while, but I don't think you are a stay put kind of guy." He motions to James. "You are not a servant, and are very bad at acting like one. There is much here that you are uncomfortable with. Be certain, there is danger, but so much more wisdom to be had."

When Grant breaks in, Spade nods, "Yes, go ahead, though I must say you are adapting to Trade 4 quite well for a human." His smile goes away at the mention of the Devourers. He sets his drink down and gently extricates himself from Sil, turning to Grant with a more business like mien, more so than he's displayed so far. "I suppose that is why you're here. I let that word slip, it seemed important, I had no idea who'd come looking. It was a hunch." He looks Grant in the eye, with a slight twinkle, but enough seriousness to be believable. "This is my business, so let's discuss terms. I will tell you what I know about these Devourers in exchange for a small amount of cash, but in addition, I would like to know more about why you are here, especially our enigmatic young woman." He pulls out his data pad and types in a number and slides it to Grant. It has an account number and an amount: 25,000cr.

"So, what do you say." He pulls out a small paper envelope and sets it on the table, somewhat dramatically. No, very dramatically. "I haven't let this out of my sight since I took the picture." he says slowly unwinding a thing string from a paper disk closure.


Grant chuckles at Spade's perspicacity. "You do have a keen eye." Grant waves towards his team. "We are a temporary arrangement, for which we are currently traveling in the same direction. I do not know what the UWW is, but earlier in my life, I had thought of being a merchant using my special skills in facilitating transportation of goods where no traditional transport infrastructure yet existed. So you are correct, I would most likely love to visit, but not stay."

"But, call it 'fate' or 'destiny', the multi-verse appears to have different plans for me," Grant says with a gesture of the glass in his hands, "I am not a strong believer in predetermination, but for now, I am in alignment of purpose. And to use a different metaphor, if someone is attempting to pull my strings, well, I want to find out who or what the would be puppeteer is."

Grant wets his lips with the still mostly full drink, "Today's string has tugged me here. With a name like the 'Devourers', it's doubtful if leaving them unchecked and unconstrained is good for anyone, and since they appear to be going to my home, and I don't want to see it destroyed, I am here looking for information to thwart them."

Grant sets the glass down and picks up the datapad and types in the account number. 25K? I would expect that's what the monthly membership dues are for this place. Either it's not particularly useful, or he wants to give it away, but can't do it for 'free'. Now considering how technologically inefficient Braitwaite appeared to be, maybe 25K will break the bank. Here goes nothing. Grant presses the submit button to authorize the transfer.

Once the transaction goes through, he turns the pad around so Spade can see the transaction was approved and picks up the envelope and looks at the picture.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11 + 3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 10
OOC Comments

Mind Block active
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Spade wrote:"Out of all the beings on Center, I certainly am not the oldest, not by a long ways. Roughly, 400 years."

Sorrenson peers at Spade over the rim of his glass and raises an eyebrow. Daymn! 400 years! This guy is an old timer for sure, a seasoned pro. That's quite an achievement to deal in dodgy info and survive for as long as he has... I bet he's got a bunch of blood on his hands. Sorrenson isn't sure how to respond. He clears his throat."Well, you must really like it here." He replies somewhat lamely. I think I'll keep my mouth shut. I bet Spade is loving this chit-chat with Grant. Once this is all done, these guys get to go home to Earth, or where-ever. I live here and I'd rather not appear on the radar of a guy like this Spade.

The conversation moves on and Sorrenson watches intently. He isn't surprised that Spade has sized up his crew so quickly. Like I said to myself before, this guy is smooth...
Spade wrote:"I suppose that is why you're here. I let that word slip, it seemed important, I had no idea who'd come looking. It was a hunch."

"So no-one else has come looking for you regarding this?" Sorrenson inquires politely, good manners never hurt. When the figure of 25k pops up, he nods slightly towards Grant. Seems cheap-ish... Info is a funny thing though. Whatever he gives us could be gold or trash. When Spade produces the envelope Sorrenson can't help but focus on it. Huh, what is it?
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 74
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Dice Rolls
Computer Operation 1d100 = 31/97% Pass (Keeping an eye on the security feeds)


James sighs at the information he has figured out. Well explains a few things, but leaves me with several more. James thinks as he watches the proceedings with Spade. Twenty-Five thousand, seems kind of cheap all things considered. James thinks while he half pays attention to the meeting, while he also looks at the security feeds. "Does not seem like an appropriate amount of money for such valuable information. I would be weary of this deal in general." James says quietly over the comm.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:32 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 61d100 = 26
Perc: 1d20+3 = 5

Spade:
"This is my business, so let's discuss terms. I will tell you what I know about these Devourers in exchange for a small amount of cash, but in addition, I would like to know more about why you are here, especially our enigmatic young woman."


Leaning over the table Silhouette reads the numbers and then falls into a puzzled expression,"What does it say?" Unable to translate she looks up at Grant while helplessly shrugging behind the internal question as the translator device remains silent to her. She did not know how to make it read for her, but it was not a surprise to the mage. There were spells with similarly exclusive capabilities with only one to provide for reading and another to converse.

As Spade extricates himself from Silhouette's entanglement she looks away from the pad to him thinking he no longer had interest in her attentions. It takes a moment for her own to catch up with the conversation even though her translator was mastering the word's to her in Elven as fast as spoken. Blushing suddenly at Spade's inquiry of the group though specifically about knowing more about her her she is taken aback at Spade's turn of attention. Not knowing Spade's biologically interest's were elsewhere Silhouette finds herself being charmed by the man's turn of attention to higher interests.

Rolling her shoulders to the sides of her cheeks she genuinely smiles as she answers,"Well... Mr. Spade, I am from a place called Palladium." Pausing she considers what to say about her "home" when she starts describing her thoughts,"There are elves, dwarves, ogres, wolfen, and so many others and too many humans there." Frowning at the latter part she looks down at her drink before lifting her eyes and smiling again,"You look human but you are not, so that makes you better." Her dislike of human's and the abuses she suffered as a child come to the surface before she pushes them down and away even as she pretends to be one. Though at this point she as much identified as who she was by her looks as anyone would, she still didn't include herself with the population of her look alike species.

Shrugging she says,"There are no places like Center there. Stone and wood, and rarely steel bind the cities together while here, steel seems the thread that binds everything. Wagon's, carts, horses, and ships make the world go round. Farms and hunting feed us." Smiling she holds up the whiskey,"But we do have drinks like this!"

Grant:
We are a temporary arrangement, for which we are currently traveling in the same direction.

"Today's string has tugged me here. With a name like the 'Devourers', it's doubtful if leaving them unchecked and unconstrained is good for anyone, and since they appear to be going to my home, and I don't want to see it destroyed, I am here looking for information to thwart them."


Nodding the changeling follows Grant's words with a conflicted display of emotions. She never before now fought for any causes for their sake. She was a Blade Mage trained and abandoned, but rather to save her life than leave her for wolves. And yet she knew much about the undead and the plague that vampires were when the focus of her training was martial and Blade magic. At every turn she found that her Tutor had taught her much that didn't comport with only being a mercenary, and left without her Tutor's guidance, an assassin for Llorn. Yet, his word's were always about carrying out the task of an employer, not once about a selfless calling.

Fate...

However in two worlds she was embroiled in fighting against Fate. Fighting for Paladium while an Old One Netosa might awaken. And here in this world, galaxy, or was it universe? She was again enlisted to save the many. And in both, the people in danger had no idea that they were overshadowed by, gods of destruction.

Silhouette's interest was ever in herself and her well being short of her professional responsibilities to keep herself fed, warm, and sheltered. Yet the universe pulled her into two conflicts where her role was... What?

Shaking her head slowly the changeling laughs a short barking cough as she counters Grant,"Predetermination? Is that like fate, the will of the Gods, destiny through an oracle's divination?"

She was certain about this feeling and the veracity of her words,"You might not be, but I...am." Slowly letting out the last she felt strange at that realization for herself. It comes together though. Proof was in her mind. Reticent to sign on with the Whiskey Guild and fight Netosa without her own provisions to the contract, she had met a Death God who himself. Made possible due to some negligence with hospitality and his vampiric children, he spoke with Silhouette in his dungeon's where he lived in all his dark glamor. Vald Tegor the living vampire god entreated her to follow The patron of House Von'Lycien the Archon Elias Von'Lycien in his mission against Netosa as penance. Was signing the contract with the Whisky Guild just the universe's way of convincing her she was bound to his goal? A goal that wasn't even the Archon's to enforce? She and him puppets by fate to fight Netosa's will.

Now she was scooped from Palladium to Center to fight yet again. The Devourer.

Pursing her lips she tells Grant,"I do not know for certain about you Mr. Grant..." Looking to Mr. Spade,"More about me then?" Smiling with a touch of egotistical pleasure she continues,"Netosa the Old One is being awoken by cultists in Palladium. If my friend's and I do not do something to stop it we won't have a home, anywhere." Looking around the establishment and by connection Center she adds,"We could run here..." Shrugging she says,"But the Devourer's are coming here too, IF we do not help stop them."

Looking again at Grant,"Two world's and I am a part of stopping unstoppable forces." Shaking her head in a rueful way she adds,"I should be quivering in madness at the weight of such a thought, should I not?" Answering herself to Grant and turning to look at Spade,"It seems that we are all here even if we think we have chosen to be here..." Referencing herself she continues,"If the will of Gods did not force me to fight them alongside others, I would be anywhere else and alone." If not for fate she would not have friends, she would not know the people in Palladium she fought along side, she would be distrusting of everyone keeping them all distant. "Fate. The countering of your will."

Looking to Grant with a tilted head the girl's intelligence comes through as she reasons,"Now if an enemy forces you to fight it and it is a God...is that not the will of a god? Fate?"
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 pm

(rolls carried)

Grant listens to Silhouette as she attempts to verbalize the conflict within her about what path she is upon, without comment until the end.

Silhouette wrote:Looking to Grant with a tilted head the girl's intelligence comes through as she reasons,"Now if an enemy forces you to fight it and it is a God...is that not the will of a god? Fate?"


"We all can influence others to a certain degree, by fate I mean that no matter what action I take, my destination will be the same." Grant scratches his chin. Stubble, I'm going to need to shave. A spell that took care of that would be interesting to create. "What I've learned in my studies is that there is always someone smarter or more powerful than myself. Most gods are cosmic bullies, they don't necessarily know what's best for everyone, only what they want to achieve. There is always causality. Even prophecy, by it's very nature, knowing of it influences one's decisions. And if one don't know a prophecy exists then she is making decisions based on the facts she does know. If fate exists, then even the gods are bound by it, probably more so since their power is often derived by worship. How that must chafe their hides to know that they are 'merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.*'"

So is Spade an arm-chair philosopher in disguise? Grant thinks.

* As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII - William Shakespeare
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:40
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight


$106,000 BLOOD MONEY
Spade smiles as the conversation, especially the ins and outs and philosophical turns. When the money transfers, he slowly unwraps the string wrapped around the little white button on the envelope. Then he slides a pair of glossy photographs and lays them out the table side by side.
Image
Image
"I saw these beings in the lower levels talking, or, negotiating. I recognize the Deevils, but the other robot, I think is a Devourer, or at least a representative." Spade taps the images, "They are nice images, but would you like to know what they said?"

His glee is barely disguised by his veil of professionalism. "For that, 999,975cr."

In the security room, Echo observes a new person enter the landing above the dining area. Several have come and gone, but this one rests on the rail. He's a humanoid type, vaguely like a psi-stalker, wearing an outfit that seems roughly equivalent to an earth sports jacket and linen pants. He has no obvious weapons, but his pupil-less black eyes are unsettling somehow.

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 20+3=23(Nat20)
JiC: 1d100 = 90 // 1d20 = 8
Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 45/68% (Detect without being detected)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 35/66% (Critical thinking and Inprov)
Trap/Mine Detection: 1d100 = 8/63% (Watch for tricks, traps or other nastiness)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 6/73% (Maintain control of security measures)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 41/73% (Augment Perception)
Tracking, Humanoid: 1d100 = 88/73% (Ensure if he doesn't see Shady-Eye guy, he can track him)
Prowl: 1d100 = 23/63% (Hide in plain sight)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 3/54% (Understand Local Customs in clubs and dives like this)
Concealment: 1d100 = 19/49% (Places to hide, or dodge behind)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 44/63% (Ensure no one is suspicious of his role as a Corporate Enforcer)
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 37/58% (Ensure shady-eyed guy doesn't go poof)


Echo's Perception wrote:In the security room, Echo observes a new person enter the landing above the dining area. Several have come and gone, but this one rests on the rail. He's a humanoid type, vaguely like a psi-stalker, wearing an outfit that seems roughly equivalent to an earth sports jacket and linen pants. He has no obvious weapons, but his pupil-less black eyes are unsettling somehow.


Echo finds himself watching over the cameras until he's eyes glaze over the shady humanoid, and his eyes stop. Well, well, well. You are not my average target, something is off about you. Echo thinks to himself before looking towards Ponsener. "Steve, I would like you to confirm the identity of this individual." Echo states, pointing out the suspicious humanoid while saying it so he is not asking for help but wanting to see what Steve knows about the individual.

Contingency if Owner
If it is the club owner/operator, Echo feels a sly smile cross his face from underneath his helmet and nods in approval. "Most excellent, please inform him to meet me in his office to discuss some sensitive information. After that, I want you to keep going over the cameras for anything like what I mentioned earlier and if you find anything, inform me over my personal line." Echo orders, leaving Steve the frequency to one of his dead-drop lines and the profile he was looking for. He then leaves the office but ensuring he stays out of the path of the owner operator to meet him in the office.


Contingency if Unknown
If it is an unknown who is beginning to pay too much attention to the group, Echo turns to the two guards who searched the restroom earlier. "Gentlemen, I would like you to go to the floor and ask that being to leave. If he resists, call it in to me."

OOC Note: Echo is doing this to gauge the reaction of the unknown without putting himself or his team at risk


No matter which way, Echo will queue his secure line to James and the others. "Unknown potential threat entered the floor, multi-horned with black eyes and pale skin, sending some of my new posse to check him out. Sports jacket, linen pants, no obvious weapon; matches the profile of a psi-stalker." Echo states.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 65
OOC Comments
Mind Block active
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5
Spade wrote:"I saw these beings in the lower levels talking, or, negotiating. I recognize the Deevils, but the other robot, I think is a Devourer, or at least a representative." Spade taps the images, "They are nice images, but would you like to know what they said? ... For that, 999,975cr."


Sorrenson can't help himself to a sly smile. While these guys have been waxing philosophical, Spade's been laying the bait. 25K starter followed by an almost cool Mil main course. I wonder what's for desert? His appreciation for how well Spade has played them out weighs the shock of the price tag. I don't know how much Braithwaite gave us. He pats his pocket and feels that his credit cards are where they should be. I can cover that myself if I have to. But then again, why would I?

Sorrenson clears his throat. "Oh good, now we've made to the main course." He looks at Grant and Sil. "Shall we stay focused on why we're here? I'm sure there will be time for the grand ol' philosophical Merry-Go-Round later. He can all hop on and go around and around, up and down, to our hearts content. Right now, we have business to attend to." He holds their eye contact long enough in an attempt to get them back on task.

He turns to Spade. "Spade, you're asking a hefty price. There is one thing I would like to know that I asked before. Has anyone else come to you looking for info on these Devourers?" He asks, his tone direct yet not abrasive.

Echo's wrote:"Unknown potential threat entered the floor, multi-horned with black eyes and pale skin, sending some of my new posse to check him out. Sports jacket, linen pants, no obvious weapon; matches the profile of a psi-stalker."
What's a Psy Stalker?
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 94

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Empathy | -4 I.S.P. | 19 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P | 19 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 31.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Charismatic Aura | 10 P.P.E. | 13 min | 240' | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Charm | 10 P.P.E. | 5 min | 60' | Save vs Spell Strength 14 | Will believe/trust caster, want to help and tell the truth. | Cast on Spade
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days




Grant listens to the amount and says, "Ah, there it is." He looks unblinking at the false face of the being before him.

Imagined Conversation wrote:A fierce smile comes across Grant's face as Spade attempts to surprise them on how much it will cost to find out the rest of what he knows.

Grant stands up and smooths out his jacket. "No. I don't believe it's necessary. Deevils are known for their intricate plots and willingess to play the long game to achieve their goals. This recent talk about fate has left me feeling a bit contrarian. We know where to find these Deevils. Good day."

He reaches out a hand to Silhouette, "Come my dear, it's time to depart." He nods his head towards the door, "Gentlemen." They take their leave with Spade with a look of shock on his false face.


Grant scratches his neck under his ear as he listens to Echo's message.

Echo wrote:No matter which way, Echo will queue his secure line to James. "Unknown potential threat entered the floor, multi-horned with black eyes and pale skin, sending some of my new posse to check him out. Sports jacket, linen pants, no obvious weapon; matches the profile of a psi-stalker." Echo states.


Sorrenson wrote:He turns to Spade. "Spade, you're asking a hefty price. There is one thing I would like to know that I asked before. Has anyone else come to you looking for info on these Devourers?" He asks, his tone direct yet not abrasive.


Grant smiles to himself as he let's the imagined conversation fade from his thought of what he wants to do as Sorrenson brings them back on track. It's not my money, so be it, he thinks. A psi-stalker is a distinctly earth species I had thought. Could there be another party on Earth attempting to thwart these mechanical locusts? Or is it the accomplice attempting to eliminate a loose end? Either way, we need to wrap this up.

The skills below are to shake Spade's confidence and get him to spill his secrets.
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 21 | Pass
Streetwise 84% vs 1d100 = 78 | Pass
Interrogation 79% vs 1d100 = 4 | Pass
Lore: D-Bee109% vs 1d100 = 32 | Pass | sorry, this is to identify the Noro
Successful Intimidation 60% vs EP critical success | Pass


He takes a sip of the drink and places it back down on the table. "Another saying that comes to mind, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We will pay this price, and you will hold nothing back. As my companion has said, you will also tell us who else you have sold this data to. Or the femme fatale on your arm will complete your fictional fantasy of a by-gone era of Earth's past by 'doing you wrong.'"

Grant picks up the datapad and keys in the account number again and clicks submit.

"Now, let's no longer waste each other's time, tell us what you know," Grant says evenly, looking at Spade across the table.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am

JIC: 1d20 = 121d100 = 53
Perc: 1d20+3 = 6



Spade:
"I saw these beings in the lower levels talking, or, negotiating. I recognize the Deevils, but the other robot, I think is a Devourer, or at least a representative." Spade taps the images, "They are nice images, but would you like to know what they said?"
His glee is barely disguised by his veil of professionalism. "For that, 999,975cr."


Silhouette pouts as Sorrenson insists in his manner to sideline the extracurricular discussions. Of particular note is his mention of philosophy, a concept the changeling hasn't heard before, though her translator does a fair shake at defining it into terms she understands. Nodding to herself as if the translator was a person telling her something fascinating she suddenly wonders at the voice.

Her radio, the physically manifesting telepathic transmitter, shared what was said by one to all, but who was on the other end of the translator? Wondering to herself she couldn't help but congratulate them and thank them. They were incredibly fast at explaining other languages to her that she didn't feel hobbled in the slightest for having such a handicap.

However the translators faults in being unable to read for her she did not need it to know what the number meant. Even as Spade increments the digits by one the reaction of her team tells her all,"The price went dramatically up."


Sorrenson:
"Oh good, now we've made to the main course." He looks at Grant and Sil. "Shall we stay focused on why we're here? I'm sure there will be time for the grand ol' philosophical Merry-Go-Round later. He can all hop on and go around and around, up and down, to our hearts content. Right now, we have business to attend to.


Her ton is that of a girl who might be getting told to distract herself with trivial entertainment when better forms were already at hand as she croons,"But we were all having so much fun together..." The pout she had put on for Sorrenson shifts into a sour expression as she turns it on Spade with a surly bobbing of her body. Finding herself annoyed at his games, the kind she would save for a mark, she begins to open her mouth to snap at him for treating her that way before it catches up to her,"Ooooh, we are HIS mark."

Looking at the handsome man she cross her arms pointedly saying to herself,"Fine if we are not being friends..."

Grant:
Or the femme fatale on your arm will complete your fictional fantasy of a by-gone era of Earth's past by 'doing you wrong.'"


Taking his statement on queue at her realization that Spade was not just a friendly information broker, but someone who was plying them with all the respect a spinster could muster for anyone but their purse strings, Silhouette reaches around the table picking up several steak knives slowly unwrapping the napkins to reveal them. Of course she had her own weapons hidden away, but this had a certain elusive pleasing quality to it as she holds a pair together before slowly sliding the blades to emit long rasps,"SsssssssnnnK, Ssssssssnnk, sssssssnk..."

Intimidate: 70%/1d100 = 24
OOC Comments
(This is going to be good, considering she was charming him the whole rest of the time.)


All the while she was playing at another mind game since Spade was apparently opting in on the action with his own rendition. Plying his mind with Telepathy she searches for the answers Grant is requesting, more of a truth check to what was paid, and a scouring for any more follow up tricks.

Telepathy, Superior:
OOC Comments
(Rifter 25): Duration: 2mins/lvl; Probe, Range: 100ft + 50ft/lvl; Two-way communication, 200ft + 100ft/lvl. Sometimes (40% +3% (Currently 61%) per level chance) the character will see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.


Spade: (She does not ask too many questions so that she does not becoming obviously spaced out in the effort. She will ask the questions as many times as needed to get success however. She's simply minimizing the number of them. Rolls are chance at seeing images with thoughts 61% chance. )
"What did the Deevils in the picture say?" 1d100 = 39 (Success on image)
What else do you know about the Devourer's that you are holding back? 1d100 = 1 (Success on image)
"Why were you in the lower levels among Deevil's?" 1d100 = 30 (Success on image)
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 53
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


James watches the exchange with Spade and smirks when the D-bee brings up the new price. Saw that coming. James thinks as Grant begins to threaten Spade. Did not think the spell chucker had the stones to pull something like this. Let us see how it plays out. "Spade let the other shoe drop and is asking for a fortune. I have a bad feeling about this."
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:45
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight


RED HARVEST
Spade is clearly pleased when Grant and Sorrenson proceed with the transaction. He reaches for the data card and starts to speak, "Thank you for doing business, this is my work and I do take it seriously. Now, I have not told anyone the name "Devourer" specifically, but I have tried to search out what it means. In an effort to see if anyone would bite, I wasn't professionally discrete about my investigations."

When Grant starts to lay things on heavy Spade becomes ruffled, his charming personality failing as he tries to shift gears. "What? Wait, no, no, nothing like that. You know what I do, I have my ways, that's all. This is what's worked for me. I have to be careful, here, the recording," he says as his hand moves towards his lapel.

Sil's little knife dance happens just as Spade puts his hand in his jacket, looking suspiciously like he's reaching for a gun in a shoulder holster. While not scared per se, he is most definitely non plussed. He interprets her gesture as a response to his motion, and his hand shoots up into a "hey, see nothing's here" motion. His mind is extremely alien to Sil, only the fact that he's actively thinking in human terms lets her gain any information. She gleans the conversation in question, magically translated through the telepathic link:

Spade Thinks wrote:The robot says,"You will meet the Devourer. At the Level 9, the Old Wing Gate 417," with a response, Deevil: "The Knife won't like us using that one, again." The robot replies: "They are of no concern."


There is a remarkable lack of deception in Spade's mind. He intended to tell them the truth for the fee provided. He was trying to find a way to upsell and ask for some earth goodies in lieu of cash payment. He is quite taken aback by the sudden strong arm techniques. Her previous question's success corroborates his intent to be honest, he has told (or was going to) tell them everything truthfully.

Beyond those two questions, Spade's thoughts are totally shut away from Sil's reach, locked behind rock and steel. Perhaps he'd recovered some of his self control.

Sorrenson is focused on Spade and is mostly oblivious to the room around him--he does not spot the suspicious guy. Grant however keeps his keen eye roving about the atrium and he locks onto the "psi-stalker" quickly. He also ascertains quickly that it is no psi-stalker. It is some alien, not one he's seen on earth. Putting his powerful intellect to use, Grant recalls that this type of creature has been very common throughout their little tour of Center. In fact, they are everywhere, although in a smaller percentage than the wolfen and humans. He noticed that they are called "noro". Similarly, James instantly recognizes the suspect from Echo's description. He also picks up that the guy is probably not an earth psi stalker, but he could be something similar. James is also pretty smart, and his keen perception also recognizes the common nature of this creature.

He and Grant both notice that the creature seems to have his attention fixed on a large wolfen sitting a table with his back to the window to the lake view, a most un-tactical position. However what James picks up that none of the others do, is that the wolfen his surreptitiously watching his team interactive with Spade.

From his private room, Echo sees much the others don't and all that they do. He may not know the suspect is a noro--at first anway--but he makes the connection with their commonness. Although this guy looks like an operator of some kind, with zero doubt about it. Following the creature's gaze, Echo makes the connection with the wolfen and then follows the wolfen's gaze back to his team and Spade. Just watching. With his full control of the surveillance equipment, a broad range of information is available. The wolfen is maybe a toughest fellow than anyone in the room. The lack of apparent tactical acumen is actually a giveaway once Echo puts together the other details. It's like a gigantic bluff. He's an undercover agent, without any doubt. He is not working for Spade. He is not working with the guy on the landing.

Assistant Steve replies quickly to Echo, "That noro guy? He's not a regular here. Looks likes he's working though."

Echo's other two temporary henchmen head out to check on the suspect without hesitation. After a minute, Echo can see them approaching the noro. The noro doesn't react... but the wolfen totally ID's the two security guards.

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:53 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12+3=15
JiC: 1d100 = 99 // 1d20 = 9
Skill Checks
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 5/30%
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 83/71% (Eye up Wolfen weapons and armaments quality)
HH Find Contraband: 1d100 = 74/78% (Eye up potential hidden threats, weapons or items Wolfen may have)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 36/73% (Focus multiple cameras onto the Wolfen, if unable to, ask Steve too)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 51/68% (Determine if the Wolfen is going to attack either the guards or the party, or if the Noro is going to attack the Wolfen)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 80/73% (Expand range to look for anyone looking at the Wolfen, Noro or the group. See how wide the net is)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 56/66% (Augment deductive reasoning)
Track, Humanoids: 1d100 = 69/73% (Noro and Wolfen)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 79/54% (Determine if either seem sketchy)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 35/ 63% (Maintain persona)


Echo is enjoying the amount of total control he has managed to acquire unlike in his own world where he usually has to rely on another or sneak around, here he is using multiple platforms to achieve his target, an idea to take back with him when he returns home. Following the Noro connection, he eyes the Noro on the landing. Who are you looking at, blue boy. Echo ponders looking at the alien as he follows the gaze to the wolfen bruiser who is obviously looking at the team. Blue boy to a wolfen bruiser. This game just got more intriguing. He muses and then scowls upon making the connection to the wolfen and the group. Once Steve confirms the Noro a local who is probably working, Echo nods and thanks Steve, he radios the group regarding the wolfen.

"Refocus, Noro is a regular, you have a wolfen bruiser eyeing you. Difficult to gauge, his apparent lack of discretion suggests he is an undercover agent not with Spade or the Noro. If I had to guess, I think he wants your attention; our Noro on the landing is watching the wolfen. Cat and Mouse, with everything acting like the cat. I've got some mice in the field." Echo explains to the group over the radio, referring to his security guards as the mice. Let's see how the wolfen reacts... he muses, ready to poke the wolf.

Once the Wolfen reacts to the guards, Echo will look to Steve, "Any idea about him? He's been watching the meeting for a noticeable amount of time, also doesn't seem to like the guards on the floor."

Anything of import Steve relays, Echo will relay to the team, he also radios the guards. "Floor Security, ignore the landing and walk the perimeter once. Keep an eye out for a bruiser of a wolfen, do not engage him unless engaged, simply observe during your walk. If he makes any sudden movements towards or away from you, change your walking path. Also, be as discrete as you can be, we do not want to upset our other patrons." Echo orders of his two expendables.

Following that, he will maintain control of the cameras, directing at least two to the Wolfen and ordering Steve too if he fumbles with the equipment. With the others, he will scour for anyone looking at the Wolfen, Noro or Party in order to see how wide the net is or if he only needs to worry about these two. Using the cameras and his experience, he will try to determine if the Wolfen is armed, hiding something or otherwise a threat beyond his size. He will keep a camera on the Noro and have one camera on his guards. He is using five cameras total, if there are more available he will direct them as necessary.


Echo Sig Details
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 60

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Empathy | -4 I.S.P. | 14 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P | 14 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 26.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Charismatic Aura | 10 P.P.E. | 8 min | 240' | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 31 |Pass | If something bad does happen, retreat or fight?
Lore: D-bees 104% vs 1d100 = 91 | Pass | What does Grant know about Wolfen?


Grant shows a grim smile at Spade's discomfiture. "Spade, for someone of your years, the 'game' is probably what makes like enjoyable, my apologies for being brusk, but time weighs heavily upon us. It gladdens my heart to hear that you plan to deal with us fairly."

Grant looks across the room at the 'psi-stalker,' he says very softly, "A Noro, a local." His eyes carry across the room to the Wolfen as he hears Echo's analysis. I suspect that being has quite sensitive hearing with those large ears. It looks like I may have just paid for someone else's lunch. Grant leans forward to take the recording from Spade's hand, but at the last minute makes a pointing gesture and says, "Spade, do you know them?" Grant nods at the Noro and Wolfen, a frown now on his face.

"Perhaps, we should retire to a more private venue to view this and for you to give us your analysis of it's meaning." Grant adds as he stands up, smoothing down his pants as he does. He adjusts his jacket, and brushes the spot now missing his pistol. We aren't ready for a full on brawl here. Grant does a quick lick of his lips. He looks down to see that he has subconsciously made a pair of fists. He unclenches his hands and he thinks about what magic might be useful in this environment, Grant looks down at Spade, offer his hand to stand up, "Where do you suggest?"

Grant keeps his eye on the pair and focus his empathy and telepathy on the Wolfen and Noro to try and get a sense of what they are about.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 5
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson breathes a sigh of relief when Spade doesn't react badly to Grant's threat. That could have gone way worse... Spades an old hand at this. Threatening him was a risky move. When the others mention that they are being watched Sorrenson takes a casual sip and looks around for the Noro and the Wolven. Well, they could just be watching Spade? Nah, probably not. Grant nods at Grants suggestion to move to a private room. "Yeah, we should continue somewhere more private."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:33 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 41d100 = 91
Perc: 1d20+3 = 23

Charm: 40% /1d100 = 81

Spade thinks:
The robot says,"You will meet the Devourer. At the Level 9, the Old Wing Gate 417," with a response, Deevil: "The Knife won't like us using that one, again." The robot replies: "They are of no concern."

There is a remarkable lack of deception in Spade's mind. He intended to tell them the truth for the fee provided. He was trying to find a way to upsell and ask for some earth goodies in lieu of cash payment. He is quite taken aback by the sudden strong arm techniques. Her previous question's success corroborates his intent to be honest, he has told (or was going to) tell them everything truthfully.


Holding up her hands the changeling gives reason to her companions to pause in their threatening stance as she lets both steak knives slide from her hand to, "Tak, tak," into the fine wooden table to stand on end. Wincing she realizes just how smooth and well kept the tables are. "Well..." As her Tutor said to her many times in response to her looking at his multitude of scars,"Beauty will eventually be marred." It made her think of when that fire demon burned her beautiful down to her feet length hair. Reaching up unconsciously she slides a hand through her now short nearly unkempt hair she just recently lopped off the burned ends from.

Shrugging she she pauses as she smiles genuinely toward Spade. Beaming from ear to ear she found herself liking the man even with his ploys to up the ante. Silhouette harbored the height of distrust for humans if not any other species. She even distrusted her own feelings. Betraying personal desires as often as she acts honestly upon them, yet Spade was turning over a different angle that she hadn't considered before.

Peering into the minds of others often showed an edge of darkness from selfish choices greater in depth than what mere surviving necessitated. She was not herself so naive to think her mind did not have such edges, yet peering into Spade's mind felt like standing near a warm campfire. He wanted familiar comforts more than money. Besides his angling for more as in the picture and what was said, he seemed fair now that his mind was glimpsed.

Whether the group retires to a more private room, which she will follow if so she then continues:

Nodding slowly her smile melts at the same rate as it takes her to reach into her coat and produce from her jacket the bottle of liquor she'd absconded with after leaving Braithwaite. Neutrally in expression she sets the bottle on the table. Light reflects through as if filled with distilled amber jewels as she speaks,"Well, it seems that we are done with the deal." Seeming to nod low with her head almost in a bow she asks encouragingly,"Please tell my friends what they have learned with the payment."

Gently caressing the bottle's base with a finger running to the top her nail stops to pull under the protective seal as she remains silent. Letting Spade gestate as to what she intended the bottle for, letting him explain what the information was she decided not to stir him up by making it clear she could read minds. A quirk of her lip betrays a thought as she recalls Tyral, the elf wizard back in Palladium who seemed to constantly rail at telepathic communications.

She was learning. Give some about yourself that bolster's trust and keep the rest hidden. Rather than her old way, which was to hide all and cause distrust.
Waiting she lets Spade indicate curiosity about the bottle before expressing any purpose for in it. When he does she turns to her companions she almost sultry manner,"Now... What could we possibly want in trade for this?"
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 5
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


James sighs at all the attention the group seems to be getting. "Getting a little too crowded here for a simple buy, let us speed this up and get the information back to the old man." James says over his sub-vocal microphone. James keeps his eyes on all the major players using a series of HUDs and security camera footage. "Wolfen seems interested in Spade and us, while that Noro seems interested in the Wolfen. I do not like where this seems to be going." James continues on the radio via sub-vocal mic.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:20 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:49
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

Image

THE GLASS KEY
"The game is a game until it is suddenly not a game at all," Spade says with a sigh. The group with Spade at Echo's warning glance over at the wolfen as two uniformed (it's a suit, but it's still a uniform) security approach him.

For James and Sorenson the conversation is audible, if a little garbled by the other conversations in the cafe. The security guard actually isn't as dumb as he could be, or, he's worked in a joint like this long enough to know the rules. It's a growly, snarly, barking sort of language, but the translators do an okay job. Basically, the guard claimed there was a mix up somewhere back of house and he was every so sorry but could the gentleman please provide his ID to clear it all up. The wolfen wasn't put out, but he put up an appropriate amount of fuss as he complied. The one of the guards turns around and taps his comm bead, "Sir, his credentials are legitimate, he's a member, what do you want us to do?"

"Sir," Steve says turning to face Echo, "we get a lot of wolfen here, he's not unusual. Maybe a bit bigger. The staff like the wolfen, then tend to eat and drink a lot, but rarely get out of hand." Then he adds, shrugging his shoulders, "They are kind of brusque, normally."

From his perch, Echo can also hear the conversation. As the wolfen removes his ID, Echo doesn't see any obvious weapons or armor. Except for his undue attention, he seems very much like a normal patron.

As the exchange with Echo's newly acquired body guards and the wolfen continues, Spade turns back around and faces Grant, putting one arm on the table and taking a rather long sip of his drink. "Games, they are what makes this business palatable really. I do not know either of those beings, though if I wanted had to chose one to face in dark alley, it would be a tough call. A big wolfen who's well dressed, like that, he could be bad news. But a little noro could be just and deadly, and you wouldn't know your brain was melted until you hit the floor. The noro would be better at getting information out of someone. That mind reading stuff. Won't even know it's happened."

Spade finishes his drink. He stands up and smooths his suit, "Over there are some private dining rooms, I'm sure one will be available."

Grant's telepathic and empathic abilities seem to be operating at normal efficiency, so the perfectly normal passive readings he gets of his two targets shouldn't raise any red flags.

For Sorrenson the description of the noro and wolfen definitely plays to stereotypes.

"My young lady, that is a marvelous prize to to just produce out a jacket pocket, but why?" Spade says, probably asking Sil the exact question she was hoping for.

The private dining room is rectangular about 12' x 20'. The side opening to the atrium has a floor to ceiling glass storefront with a combination folding wall/door system. The floor is a low pile carpet. The walls are highly detailed with a traditional style molding, wainscoating, trim and dentils, crown molding. Framed photos and screens line the wall. There is a large would table with about ten chairs, which takes up most of the room.

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 am

Perception: 1d20 = 19 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 54

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Empathy | 10 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | 10 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 22.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Charismatic Aura | 8 min | 240' | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Is that melancholy I hear in Spade's voice about doing what he does? Grant muses.

Grant listens to Spade's take on the Noro and the Wolfen. The Noro has strong psychic abilities. I wish I had know that before trying to use my own modest abilities. I'll just have to guard my thoughts for the tell tale signs of psychic intrusion.

Following the Phantom into the other room, Grant gives a small nod of greeting to the Noro as they pass. Once inside with the door closed, Grant asks for the recording. "Alright, let's hear what you've found."

Assuming it's played, Grant ruminates for a minute. "This Knife. Is it a person or some sort of organization? Level 9 is a lawless, chaotic place, even for Center if I've understood what my friend Sorrenson has told me. Spade, do you know where this Old Wing Gate 417 is located?"

Grant goes back and looks at the pictures of the Deevil and the robot. He points at the robot. "This thing is huge, I would guess that there is a being inside it. It told the Deevil it would meet the Devourer, before hearing the recording, I would have said it was one of the Devourers. Why say it that way?"
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 81
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
Mind block active
ISP: 20/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5
[

Back at the Table
Silhouette wrote:Holding up her hands the changeling gives reason to her companions to pause in their threatening stance as she lets both steak knives slide from her hand to, "Tak, tak," into the fine wooden table to stand on end.

Sorrenson watches this weird little display incredulously. What the funk is she doing? Did she really pull steel on us? In here, when we know we're being watched...Sorrenson knows from vast Trideo viewing experience that when people are watching and everything is going fine, nothing happens. As soon as a weapon gets drawn... Well, that's when the shit hits the fan. After several nervous seconds of nothing drastic happening, he puffs out his cheeks, shakes his head and takes several seconds to rub his eyes. I swear this 'Oh, what's this little box thingee... Oh, what's a gun? *eyelash flutter* routine is gunna get us ganked... Looking right at Sil he says very quietly, "Put those away. They only draw attention, the bad kind."

On the way to the meeting room Sorrenson activates his mind block. All things considered he'd rather not have a Noro psychic listening in.

In the meeting room

Sorrenson listens to the recording, assuming it's played. He doesn't say anything as Grant asks pretty much what he would like to know. He thinks to himself, Well, I guess we're going back to level 9. Try to find Old Wing Gate 417. Hmmm, I wonder where and what a Wing Gate could be?

OOC Comments
Skill rolls:
Land Navigation 1d100 = 14 /65% - trying to think if he's heard of an Old Wing Gate before, what they are, and where they might be on the level.
Robot Mechanics 1d100 = 9/60% - Could a being really fit inside the robot in the picture like Grant thinks?
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15+3=18
JiC: 1d100 = 98 // 1d20 = 13
OOC Comments
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 22/30% (Ensure he still has the trust of the Security Team)
Headhunters, Find Contraband: 1d100 = 19/78% (Find anything out of the ordinary through the cams or in the security office)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 30/73% (Augmenting overwatch with technical skills of a master)
Surveillance: 1d100 = 47/73% (Overwatch)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 53/68% (Make sure no one jumps him or his allies)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 64/66% (Critical Thinking etc etc)
Tracking, Humanoids: 1d100 = 86/73% (Tracking, duh)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 55/54% (Act like a local)
Prowl: 1d100 = 59/63% (Maintain discretion)
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 8/63% (Maintain the cover)
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 57/58% (See if anyone/thing is hidden or hiding suspiciously in the hallway or the room)


Bob the Guard wrote:"Sir, his credentials are legitimate, he's a member, what do you want us to do?"


Echo nods from within the security office and clicks back to respond, "Nothing, please apologize to the patron for the inconvenience and continue on with your floor walk." Echo orders and then turns to look at Steve and slowly nods in understanding of Steve's advice.

"Excellent, he checks out then. Keep a camera on him for the time being, if his interest in Spade and the meeting dies and he carries on then return that camera to its standard rotation. Do the same for the Noro." Echo requests and continues observing.

When the group moves with Spade to the private room he will amend his prior orders. "I want the datalogs of the camera watching the meeting while on the floor downloaded to a Data-disc for review and then scrub it from the hard-drive, put that camera on standard rotation. I need the camera input for the private room they moved too placed on this screen and recorded for future review." Echo points to any nearby computer terminal in the office that he can watch without it being overlooked by anyone else. "I also want the camera to the hallway leading to this area. If neither the Noro nor the Wolfen move towards to follow after five minutes, return those cameras to standard rotation." He orders and then places a hand on Steve's shoulder. "You have been a great help, Mr. Ponsener, I will be sure to note your efforts and as well as everyone's to higher. Please continue to monitor the other cameras and report any irregularities to me that could be because of this meeting. Once this meeting is over, I'll be out of your hair." Echo adds.

Echo then keys his mic to the guards on the floor, "Alright Gentlemen, if you haven't spotted anything worth noting, you are free to return take a five minute break, return back to the Security Office until the next floor check after that." Echo orders, offering them a small break but keeping them on a short leash. He will then turn his attention to the meeting room and the hallway assuming Steve has, or he has successfully transferred the feed to the private terminal. When Steve finishes the Data download of the floor meeting, Echo secures the disk and scoffs internally. This feels like a game of chess, I am setting up my pieces without knowing if another player is on the board. Ah, well. I wouldn't do much good in that meeting anyways. Echo muses.

Echo Sig Details
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:01 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 55
Perc: 1d20+3 = 16

Sorrenson:
"Put those away. They only draw attention, the bad kind."


Providing a look of innocence the changeling remarks,"But they put them on the table in these..." Picking up one of the napkins she says,"Cloth?" Shrugging she leaves the two knives standing on their ends as they progress to the other, seemingly more private, however glass was not what she thought of the concept. Scowling she asks,"Something to cover those?" Gesturing at the windowed doors she scowls,"Not so private..."

Spade:
"My young lady, that is a marvelous prize to to just produce out a jacket pocket, but why?" Spade says, probably asking Sil the exact question she was hoping for.


Slowly turning the bottle in her hands she seems to be ruminating on Spade's question. Setting the bottle down in front of the information broker Silhouette smiles toothily asking,"Let us restart the game?" She thinks she understands him that the "game" is about the play back and forth for desires and leverage as she continues with her hands pulling on her suit,"I think you very much like these Earth things. I think they matter a lot to you." Shrugging due that she did not know what Earth was like besides harsh alcohol and sharply cut clothing she continues,"I would offer a version of my clothing if I were not wearing it, but I think this bottle is as you say, a marvelous prize too." Splaying her hands on the fine tables edge she tries to negotiate,"My friend has paid you already for the..." Pausing she didn't have a reference for what a recording was as she finishes,"Information?"

Smiling and nodding she looks at her friends,"Spade is a very honest dealer. He could tell us what is on this information without you reading it and it would be true." She looks back at the human disguised being not giving an indication as to why she knew that though she winks at him saying,"I say that because such honesty shows that you Spade, are a good man who stands by his word. So, alternatively you could let my friends keep their payment in exchange for this the last bottle of liquor from Earth?" Gesturing at the contained beverage she offers it to him.

Bobbing her head from shoulder to shoulder in a thoughtful pose the changeling's shoulders droop as if forlorn,"Such a bottle, the very last, would be priceless." Saying slowing as she frowns and sighs,"And bitter tasting if it were." In fact the alcohol was a little bitter to her, but she wasn't going to say that.

Looking at Spade directly in the eyes she answers,"No, that will not work. I think you should stay honest to the deal made and keep the payment as made." Picking up the bottle she holds it to her chest before a moment passes and she carefully holds it out to Spade,"Instead, you should take this bottle. In exchange a good man can accept a different deal. You can help us save a special world and everything else because of it."

Confiding what they were told, though she herself did not grasp the true danger if Earth fell to the Devourer, Silhouette goes through everything that Braithwaite told the group word for word. Utilizing her active telepathy she goes so far as to show Spade the images that were shown to them of the wall of contraptions flying in unison from a rift of some alien origin.

"Help us find where the Devourer's come from." Looking to Spade along the bridge of her nose she sets the bottle down before him as she leans into her chair with hands clasped in a fist before her as she finishes,"Rather than the last bottle from Earth... Instead accept this, one bottle of thousands more to follow, because you helped save Earth."

Glancing back at her friends her eyes tell it all,"Is that enough? Is that is about right for laying it on thick?" She did not care if Spade saw her exchange though. Spade was an honest man and she was giving him an honest accounting of her expression and words. Spade was to know she was recruiting him and that was enough.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:58
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

Image

THE DAIN CURSE
An image appears on the table, out of nowhere. It appears to be a perfect wireframe model of Center. A portion of it solidifies, highlighting Level 9 as a "8" shaped slice of the Center complex. Then part of that fades away, and a small quadrant is left highlighted with a zig zagging line back to a transit shaft.

Spade points to the image. "This is as far as I got in my investigation. This area used to be called the "Wing" hundreds of years ago. The Knife run that area. So that much fit. There's gate--that's old jargon for rift-- activity all over the lower levels, I haven't been able to specifically locate it." With a sigh, he leans back in the desk chair. He steeples his fingers and rests his head on their tips. "I'd never heard of them called the Devourer. But a long time ago, there were rumors of "Mechanoids". Seems like they might be related."

"Look," Spade says looking at everyone, but mostly Grant and Sorrenson, "I want you to succeed if this is really all true. With this war here, I don't want either side to get the upper hand, I want them all to lose." His pause is pretty indicative of a but coming in the next breath. "But, I'd still like to get paid."

Sorrenson of course knows who the Knife are, and the prospect of sneaking into their territory sounds fun.

Sil sees a very humanlike sadness in Spade's eyes.

Echo watches the wolfen stand up slowly and smooth out his clothes. He strolls out of the dining area, heading the direction of the conference room. The noro watches the wolfen closely.

As the wolfen leaves the main dining area, the windows explode as half dozen pointy scary things, four dragon-humanoid type creatures, two giant wolves, two swooping giant harpies, two fat looking horned monsters, and one giant demonic looking dragon all come crashing through to land in the dining area and immediately start killing people.
OOC Comments
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


The wolfen sticks his head in the door and says, "Go! We'll cover you!" The noro shoots him.

What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am

Perception: 1d20 = 20+3=23 (Nat 20)
JiC: 1d100 = 79 // 1d20 = 7
Skills and Data
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 28/30%
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 49/71%
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 85/73%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 41/68%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 25/66%
Tracking, Humanoid: 1d100 = 8/73%
Prowl: 1d100 = 6/63%+5% = 68%
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 7/63%

Stealth Module of Armor active, -20% to detect from all sources, +2 v Psionics, +1 v possession
Sensory and Surveillance Equipment only have 21% to detect.
Stealth Camouflage in 1d4*15 = 15 seconds.
Force-field Active, 160/160 MDC
Heavy-Clip loaded into the Shoulder Cannon.



Echo's gaze follows the wolfen before moving to the other terminal and Echo's eyes narrow as he moves towards the conference hall, when the windows explode from outside Echo curses. Bloody hell I was so concerned with securing the interior I didn't think of the exterior, pathetic mistake. I wonder if this Noro is going to be a friend or foe. Echo chastises before his lips purse to a smile from underneath his helmet, then he turns to Steve and offers a slight sigh, "This is why I am here." Echo says plainly before queuing the radio to the club security first then his team.

"All Security Forces, Aggressive Force has entered the building with intent to kill; Four dragon-humanoids, two giant wolves, two swooping giant harpies, two fat looking horned monsters, and one giant demonic looking dragon. Proceed with extreme caution. Evacuate civilians, supernatural forces attacking main floor. Act together, act fast and kill these bastards!" Echo orders over the radio comm and then radios Grant and the team on their secure line.

"There is a raid in progress on the club, Supernatural aggressors are on the main floor attacking anything on sight. Four dragon-humanoids, two giant wolves, two swooping giant harpies, two fat looking horned monsters, and one giant demonic looking dragon. Proceed with extreme caution, unable to connect if Spade is linked. The Noro has shot the Wolfen who seems to be connected to the aggressors, potential ally or threat. Evacuate and leave a different way than you came, I am coming from the other direction and plan to engage and disengage." Echo states to the team and then looks to Steve one more time.

"Alright Mr Ponsener, this is my specialty. I need you and a few security staff to remain here and secure this room, we cannot lose our tactical advantage. Feed me information as I make my way through the building. Keep an eye on that Noro for me." Echo orders, drawing his heavy rifle and cracking his neck. No one in the office can see it, but Echo has a smile on his face for the first time since arriving to this forsaken place. New targets acquired. He thinks as he leaves the office, looking back and ordering them to lock and secure the door behind them Echo will then move down the hall.

Any staff or civilians he finds he will motion to go behind him and head down the hall towards the exit that he infiltrated from in the first place. Echo will have that route in the back of his head in case he needs to make a quick exfil. His armor's camouflage module is now active as he moves with his rifle in firing position.

Combat Action

When Echo spots one of the targets he got on the screen, he will do his best to remain undetected and will take several clean shots at its head, preferably the harpies or the demonic dragon. He will remain behind cover the entire time, only popping out to fire and he will maintain a low silhouette. Right before his first shot, he will radio the team, "Engaging."

APM 8
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24 (under Quickdraw and Left Ear Amplification)
Parries (if needed) with armor or weapon: 1d20+9 = 28 | 1d20+9 = 14 | 1d20+9 = 27 | 1d20+9 = 16 | 1d20+9 = 12 | 1d20+9 = 25 | 1d20+9 = 24 | 1d20+9 = 20
No actions to dodge, will rely on stealth and force shield for this round.

Action 1-3: Called, Aimed Shot at the targets head. Strike: 1d20+11 = 24, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 90
Action 4-6: Called, Aimed Shot at the targets head. Strike: 1d20+12 = 25, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 7-8: Aimed Shot at the targets head. Strike: 1d20+12 = 15, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60

If at any point, Echo's location becomes known and targeted, he will disengage and break Line of Sight to re-establish firing superiority. Again, relying on his shield for any shots fired his way.


Echo Sig Details

Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 7 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 93

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Empathy | 1 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | 1 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 13.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Spade wrote:An image appears on the table, out of nowhere. It appears to be a perfect wireframe model of Center. A portion of it solidifies, highlighting Level 9 as a "8" shaped slice of the Center complex. Then part of that fades away, and a small quadrant is left highlighted with a zig zagging line back to a transit shaft.

Spade points to the image. "This is as far as I got in my investigation. This area used to be called the "Wing" hundreds of years ago. The Knife run that area. So that much fit. There's gate--that's old jargon for rift-- activity all over the lower levels, I haven't been able to specifically locate it." With a sigh, he leans back in the desk chair. He steeples his fingers and rests his head on their tips. "I'd never heard of them called the Devourer. But a long time ago, there were rumors of "Mechanoids". Seems like they might be related."

"Look," Spade says looking at everyone, but mostly Grant and Sorrenson, "I want you to succeed if this is really all true. With this war here, I don't want either side to get the upper hand, I want them all to lose." His pause is pretty indicative of a but coming in the next breath. "But, I'd still like to get paid."


Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 19 | Pass | Examine the model
Navigation 96% vs 1d100 = 65 | Pass | Identify quickest way to get to the appropriate section
Land Navigation 94% vs 1d100 = 75 | Pass | Identify landmarks
Lore Demons & Monsters 109% vs 1d100 = 13 | Pass | Who's knocking on the door?

Radio Basic 79% vs vs 1d100 = 87 | Fail | Call Echo

Grant walks around the table attempting to commit directions and landmarks to memory. He pulls out his camera and attempts to take a few shots of the image as well. But since he has to rely on the camera's features for duffers, he can only hope for the best in regards to the quality of the image.

He turns back to Spade and simply says, "Thank you." He puts his camera away and says, "I understand the need to fight, but, commerce is so much easier and lucrative in the long term. But, for some the idea of a 'win-win' is incomprehensible. I hope you get to spend the funds we've transferred to you today." He goes back to the pictures again, "'Mechanoids' does seem more like the correct name for them to me too." He looks at Sorrenson and Spade, "This 'Knife' can we negotiate with them?"

We need to get this information to Braithwaite, Grant thinks. Outloud he says to Spade, "I feel the presence of a nexus near by. Is it on the property? Would you mind if we use it?"

Grant listens to the other comments of his team, sitting on the edge of the table arms folded, rather than in an actual chair. He stands up when the commotion begins outside. "What's going on?" he says both to the room and over the radio. A sudden burst of static fills his ear.

The Wolfen wrote:The Wolfen sticks his head in the door and says, "Go! We'll cover you!" The noro shoots him.


Echo wrote:"There is a raid in progress on the club, Supernatural aggressors are on the main floor attacking anything on sight. Four dragon-humanoids, two giant wolves, two swooping giant harpies, two fat looking horned monsters, and one giant demonic looking dragon. Proceed with extreme caution, unable to connect if Spade is linked. The Noro has shot the Wolfen who seems to be connected to the aggressors, potential ally or threat. Evacuate and leave a different way than you came, I am coming from the other direction and plan to engage and disengage." Echo states to the team and then looks to Steve one more time.


Contingency 1 if we can avoid immediate combat:

Dryly, using humor to cover his rising fear he says, "Well, this has escalated quickly. Boys and girls, it's time to go." Grant turns to a wall opposite where the Wolfen came in and begins casting Mystic Portal back to the entrance. Once it shimmers into existence, the view of the entrance security check point where their weapons were stored clearly visible. "Spade, you are welcome to leave with us." Without pretense, he raises his hand to activate the microphone for his radio, but misses the button and says to the room instead of to Echo, "Overwatch, we are headed back to the entrance to get our gear."

He turns to James, "James, you have our claim tickets still? Good. Let's go." Once everyone has passed through, he cancels the portal and accepts his weapon back. He takes his pistol and belt and puts it on. Pushing the belt down to settle it on his waist, he checks it's draw. Satisfied, he casts Armor of Ithan upon himself, the invisible field a comfortable pressure on his body. "Lieutenant, may I cast a protective shield upon you?"

Contigency 2 if combat occurs:


Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21
APM: 8
Critical Strike from behind or natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Stand and react
  2. Listen to Echo's message
  3. Turn to wall and begin casting Mystic Portal
  4. Finish casting Mystic Portal
  5. Invite everyone to enter
  6. Go through portal
  7. Close portal
  8. Cast Armor of Ithan on himself


Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%

  • Mystic Portal | BOM 135 | 20 P.P.E. | 12 min | 80' + Special | 10' x 20' portal | One way portal up to 2400'
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10 P.P.E. | 12 min | Self or Other by Touch | 60 M.D.C. Half damage from magical cold, fire, and electricity

Expected P.P.E. spent: 30 P.P.E.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 33
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


Initiative: 1d20+9 = 20
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Draw Pistols and turn towards the door
Action Two: Back away from the door.
Action Three: Talk.
Action Four: Radio Echo.
Action Five: Continue backing towards group.
Action Six: Enter portal.
Action Seven: Talk.

Parries as Needed: 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 27.
Dodges (If Armor reduced to 75% or lower): 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 28.

Contingency
Contingency
If the combat makes it's way into the room we're in, James will fight.
Action Two: Fire all four Barrels of the Wilk's Pepper box pistol into the target. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 17; Damage: 4d4 = 7 M.D.)
Action Three: Fire BB-2 at target. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 11; Damage: 1d6 = 6 M.D.; Plus Knockdown)
Action Four: Fire BB-2 at target. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 7; Damage: 1d6 = 2 M.D.; Plus Knockdown)
Action Five: Reload Wilk's Pepperbox Pistol
Action Six: Reload BB-2.


James is watching the proceedings with disinterest at this point when all hell breaks loose. Figures James thinks sadly as he twirls from his casual stance to a combat one, his guns slipping into his hands as he aims towards the door. "Leaving would be good." James concurs with the sentiment as he slowly backs away from the doorway. "Echo, get your ass out of there." James says over the radio as he follows the others hoping to provide some manner of defense to the team he's been stuck with. When Grant asks if he still has the claims ticket, James responds. "Yes I do." James follows this by handing the ticket to Grant. On the other side of the portal, when Grant asks if he can cast a protective spell on him. "Yes, I see prudence in this."
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 7 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 43
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson listens silently to Spades description of what he knows about the wing gate on level 9. He looks over the map displayed in front of him with interest. So if we find this shaft, we'll be able to pick up where he left off? "Which shaft is this one? Can you give me a copy of that image?" he asks directly.
Grant Latham wrote: "This 'Knife' can we negotiate with them?"

Sorrenson looks over at Grant, smiles slightly and shrugs. "Negotiate? I'll consider surviving a decent result. We'll be on their turf, that'll depend entirely on them and us giving them what they want. Or we kill enough of them to make them back off. From what I hear that's kinda how interactions with The Knife go. Avoiding them would be good."

Demons being demons wrote:As the wolfen leaves the main dining area, the windows explode as half dozen pointy scary things, four dragon-humanoid type creatures, two giant wolves, two swooping giant harpies, two fat looking horned monsters, and one giant demonic looking dragon all come crashing through to land in the dining area and immediately start killing people.


Sorrenson recognizes the sounds almost immediately. Well well, what a surprise... Demons! Here we go again. He looks down at his drink, considers it for a second and knocks it back. He doesn't do this to look cool or to drop a witty one liner, he does this because he thinks he'll need the courage very very soon. Holding down the urge to cough he stands up and clears his throat. He casts Armor of Ithan through his suit in an effort to make up for his poor casting abilities. He make an effort to stay calm as he listens to Echo and Grant. He nods at the idea of a portal to their gear. He puts me much closer to the Drudge! "Portal? Great idea!" He agrees with a bit too much feeling. He grasps his Jalus' rod and peeks through the windows at what's going on out in the main room. I'm not wrapped up in a nice warm, safe PA, but at least I've got this... weapon that I took from the cold dead hand of an insane, evil trapped-in-space dickhead. Um, yeah... "I need to get back to The Drudge, I can make short work of these guys in it. Well, Short-ish... maybe more like medium effort. Whatever, lets go!"

Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 3/40% - ID the demons.

Initiative: 1d20 = 13
Action 1: hear demons arrive; knock back drink
Action 2: Cast AoI into his suit. -10p.p.e., 70MDC if casting through suit counters TW casting penalties, 35 MDC if it doesn't.
Action 3: Speak
Action 4: Check out demons
Action 5: Speak and go through portal

Dodges if needed:
1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 24

Contingency: If attacked he'll sacrifice an action and cast Magic net with Jalus' Rod. Target needs to roll 16+ to dodge.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Jic: 1d20 = 31d100 = 60
Perc: 1d20+3 = 9

Spade:
An image appears on the table, out of nowhere. It appears to be a perfect wireframe model of Center. A portion of it solidifies, highlighting Level 9 as a "8" shaped slice of the Center complex. Then part of that fades away, and a small quadrant is left highlighted with a zig zagging line back to a transit shaft.

Spade points to the image. "This is as far as I got in my investigation. This area used to be called the "Wing" hundreds of years ago. The Knife run that area. So that much fit. There's gate--that's old jargon for rift-- activity all over the lower levels, I haven't been able to specifically locate it." With a sigh, he leans back in the desk chair. He steeples his fingers and rests his head on their tips. "I'd never heard of them called the Devourer. But a long time ago, there were rumors of "Mechanoids". Seems like they might be related."

"Look," Spade says looking at everyone, but mostly Grant and Sorrenson, "I want you to succeed if this is really all true. With this war here, I don't want either side to get the upper hand, I want them all to lose." His pause is pretty indicative of a but coming in the next breath. "But, I'd still like to get paid."

Sorrenson of course knows who the Knife are, and the prospect of sneaking into their territory sounds fun.

Sil sees a very humanlike sadness in Spade's eyes.


Sil's eyes widen in interest at the holographic map as she says,"Wow, useful illusion!" She makes a mental note of the style of the design. She had a hunch that using something similar back home would be an excellent way to explain to others what she or others have scouted in a cave, city, or dungeon.

Still she's on point with Spade as her finger literally points at the map as she asks,"And we are where, now, on this?" She lifts herself in her seat and down low getting some looks at the angles all the while marveling at the geometry. It reminded her of some of the puzzles her Tutor would set before her. Such as ones where you used as few pieces as able to unlock a box, another where you have one piece to insert it into the structure so that it wouldn't fall, or wooden mazes where the ball could not be seen so you had to listen and feel for it's path. This map reminded her of the maze. It excited her to navigate this...

If Silhouette had time to contemplate her impulses since joining this group, she would wonder if someone was enchanting her with magic or psychically pulling her strings as she reaches into her jacket producing another artifact. Forthcoming of her money she sets it down on the table as it goes "clunk, clink." with the sound of gold coins clanking.
OOC Comments
(7.5k which is a looot of extra zeroes in credit terms I believe.)


Nodding the changeling answers the words of pay,"Rare. Since nobody here seems to know where Palladium is, I would be certain to say this is very valuable... If not interesting." Smiling with a rye twist she says with an expectation that Spade understands she is paying him as asked,"Consider this a down payment to an "I told you so" after we have saved your bacon." Pausing she rolls her eyes as her smile breaks into a grin,"I am with you on the disbelief, but I strangely believe the guy who hired us. Consider the bottle complementary."

"Now..." As crashing happens in the next room Silhouette quickly states,"Give us the best info you got. Think in terms of as if we saved your life and you got paid too." Pushing the heavy multiple pounds of Llorn minted gold toward Spade she looks Spade in the eyes hoping to garner his trust,"I am psychic. I verified you were truthful before and that is all. Think what you want me to know."
A moment passes before she asks him mentally,"We're good?"
Trust: 70% /1d100 = 49

Init: 1d20+4 = 20
APM: 7

Action 1-2: Saying: Give us the best info you got. Think in terms of as if we saved your life and you got paid too."
Action 3-4: I am psychic. I verified you were truthful before and that is all. Think what you want me to know."
Action 5: Asking psychically: "We're good?"
Action 6-7: Probing for his answer psychically.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:58:15
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

Image

THE SCORCHED FACE
The security forces in Echo's control continue buy his story and move with surprising alacrity at his commands. The new data on the screens confuses Echo with a mess of unfamiliar icons and words--their codes for threats have little in common with his experience. Judging by the way the wolfen reacted, the level of hardware he is packing and his quite satisfactory credentials leads Echo to the unmistakable conclusion that he canid is law enforcement of some kind. He was most likely tailing Spade, but why is up for debate. The noro probably recognized his true nature and tried to off him before the shit hit the fan.

Ponsener gets very serious and gives Echo a stern smile, then gets to work. Whatever his actual rating in this security groups hierarchy, the junior agent takes charge with authority seemingly imbued by Echo's confidence. Voice reports on enemy movements soon begin to come through Echo's comms.

Inside, Grant approaches the map and Spade in the moments before all hell breaks loose with a few simple questions. Spade is happy to answer, as best he can. His mirth is gone, but he still has a positive sort of feeling about him, as if somehow despite the craziness, he's confident things will turn out okay. He says to Grant, "Mr Sorenson is quite right about the Knife, they are not the easiest people to deal with. I suggest sneaking in, which, to answer a question from before, is how I found this information. I was sneaking around down there." He frowns a little bit as the mage asks about the nearby nexus, "I'm pretty sure these ones up here are somehow maintained to prevent random rifts or ley line storms, but my knowledge of the mystic arts is not deep enough to understand the effects on a typical user."

Spade nods to Sorrenson and hands him a small data chip, "This should fit into most standard holo projectors. I used the built in device in the room here. Theatrical maybe, but there's nothing wrong with that." He's distracted as Sil offers her usual oddball contribution to the conversation. Spade starts to explain the geography of Center but stops dead at the bag'o'gold. He looks in the golden glow reflecting off his face. "I surely hope you can come back after you task is complete! You, my dear are a rare beauty, a femme fatale for sure, but well worth the risk."

From inside the private room, the oddball group watches as the wolfen's face burns off under the plasma blast (Naruni plasma pistol, naturally) and what it reveals confirms Soren's initial prediction: beneath the realistic and perfectly lifelike flesh and fur, the wolfen is an advanced cyborg. He is unfazed by losing half his face. He shoots back, one hand firing at the noro with some built in cyber-weapon. He produced a heavy HI laser pistol from a compartment in his thigh and blasts away and the nefarious horde.

From the center of his spiderweb, Echo can see the scene play out a few seconds longer than his compatriots. The wolfen spends the first few seconds covering the door to the room, but once the oddball group is through the portal he dives for cover. The noro keeps his attack on the wolfen as long as he can but then just starts shooting into the panicked crowd.

Echo moves swiftly from the security room to a vantage point on the mezzanine with good coverage of the target area. The dragon-monster thing is frightening, to say the least. The shock of seeing it at first was tempered by the physical separation, viewing it through a camera it didn't seem as bad. But out here seeing the beast in the flesh, at least 20 plus feet tall, it is more horrible than Echo thought at first. It's not that it's a dragon, no it's that this some twisted mockery of a dragon, a hybrid of the majestic beast with devilish features: goat hooves, a rat like tail and fur tufts reminiscent of a demons. Echo is shaken for a moment as he tries to line up his first shot. It's inconsequential though, even distracted, Echo's marksmanship is without equal. His first shot hits the monster in the head, leaving a visible wound--a wound that almost immediately begins to heal--but the beast doesn't react, instead he shoves a humanoid down its throat. Echo's second shot hits, and this time, the demon-dragon is pissed off enough to find this person attempting to be a threat. Echo's hiding spot is good enough that he can get of the third shot before being discovered. But he is discovered after that shot and the beast charges...

Sil and Spade are finishing their conversation, and he breaks off answering the Palladium native to defend himself with a little energy projection. When Grant reacts with a magic way out, Spade brightens, "Yes, that sounds good!" He scampers through the portal as fast as possible. Sil's psychic probing at this point is pretty much obscured by fear and a determined will to survive. She dashes out through the portal behind Spade, leaving Sorrenson and James still in the room.

As Grant casts his portal spell, his back is to the fight int he atrium. James does not have his back to the atrium, and he is forced to fire a couple shots from his hold-out pistol and the mini-shotguns to dissuade some of the spiny creatures from breaking into the room. The effects aren't too damaging, but they do slow the monsters down. Next to him, Spade appears to be unarmed, but he shoots a couple ruby colored energy beams from his hands. James follows through the portal, right behind Sorrenson, the last one out!

While James is shooting, Sorrenson takes the moment to poke his head out for just a second. It's plenty of time for a sickening confirmation of just how bad the bad guys are. In addition to a clearly evil noro mercenary, which is bad enough, there are six cryox, four shock dragons, two fenry, two dire harpies, two deevils and just for shits and giggles, a dragon deevil. They are tearing into people left and right, up and down, breaking glass, tearing up walls, and generally causing as much horrible destruction as possible. The hosts of Dyval might be more subtle than the demonic hordes, but they certainly can play rough when they want too. The amount of blood and bodies after only a few seconds is a grotesque testament to their ferocity and cruelty. Prudently, he dashes through the portal just ahead of James!

When everyone is through, the sounds of chaos are closing in on the private room. The portal vaporizes as the some of the weird spiny things enter the room. Just in the nick of time!

They find themselves in lobby full of chaos. They were able to exit into an alcove, and could easily get to the weapon-check, but for about twenty other people all fighting for the same thing. A few of the spiny beasts have found their way into the hall too, which is only adding to the confusion. Sorrenson could probably reach the Drudge in a handful of seconds, so that's good.

What are you doing?

Note: AOI "through" the armored suit seems legit.
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3=17
JiC: 1d100 = 85 // 1d20 = 14
Skills and Stats
Save vs Horror Factor: 1d20 = 15+4=19 (He won't be scared again)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 56/66% (Combative Critical thinking)
Prowl: 1d100 = 19/66% (become more difficult to detect, use Line of Sight to vanish from charge path of enemy)
Invoke Intimidation: 1d100 = 13/30% (Use suit systems to augment intimidation, slow down charging enemy)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 68/76% (Critical suit sensor managing, activate speakers)
Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 9/76% (Critical and quick maneuvers)
Radio, Basic: 1d100 = 81/85% (Combative communications)


Echo feels his body momentarily pause when he sees the dragon fiend beyond the scope of a camera and scowls. Okay, bigger than anticipated. No matter, they die the same and that size should inhibit its speed and maneuverability inside this building. Especially the hallway, I'd be impressed if it can keep up with me so long as I stay out of the open. Echo thinks as he finishes his shots and radios the team as his position becomes compromised. "The Wolfen is trying to defend the crowd, the Noro is targeting both the Wolfen and the Crowd. Noro is definite no-go, the wolfen maybe, if he survives. Also, the draconic fiend seems to have taken a liking to me. Currently in the process of getting my ass out of here. I'm doubling back the way I entered the building, don't re-enter and see if you can make it to the back alley where I entered to ambush this fiend. If not, I'll break contact and stay low." Echo states his battle plan considering he is momentarily cut off from the group with a large dragon about to barrel down on him. He will do his best to remember the layout of the building from his superior over-watch from earlier and activate his jet-pack, rocketing backwards away from the oncoming dragon fiend until he finds the turn towards the security office.

Right after he jets off the first time, he activates his EBA speaker system (if still applicable) and darkly addresses the draconic fiend. "Keep up, fiend, you will make an excellent trophy" Echo states (Invoke Intimidation).

He will try to lead the dragon through the narrowest of hallways and through the cluttered kitchen where he entered and exit the building through there. While maneuvering, he will queue his radio to Steve, "Mr Ponsener, I seem to have attracted the attention of a particularly nasty fiend. Any advice in its removal?" Echo questions, almost non-nonchalantly as he darts through the hallways with the jet-pack using the significant speed of the pack to maneuver hundreds of feet in seconds.

Combat
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 18+10=28 (Fire once, twice, three times your dead and we all go home!)
Force Field Active: 160MDC
4 Actions dedicated to Dodge Rolls: 1d20+11 = 29 | Dodge Rolls: 1d20+11 = 28 | Dodge Rolls: 1d20+11 = 14 | Dodge Rolls: 1d20+11 = 22

Action 1: Radio group, Activate Jet pack, dart away. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 3/76% (Critical and quick maneuvers)
Action 2: Intimidate Dragon, Continue Jet Pack Maneuvering, dart away. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 9/76% (Critical and quick maneuvers)
Action 3: Radio Steve, Continue maneuvering , dart away. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 73/76% (Critical and quick maneuvers)
Action 4: Continue maneuvering , dart away. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 32/76% (Critical and quick maneuvers)

If Echo doesn't need to dodge, or his maneuvering is so top notch he has the time to fire, he will fire up to 2 rounds.
Strike: 1d20 = 15+8=23 || DMG: 2d4*10 = 70
Strike: 1d20 = 16+8=24 || DMG: 2d4*10 = 30
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 14

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 540/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | 12 min | 60/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electicity, and fire
  • Empathy | .75 min | 200' radius
  • Telepathy | .75 min | Surface Thoughts 120' | 2-way communication 680'
  • Tongues: 12.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Intelligence 67% vs 1d100 = 73 | Fail| Paying attention to surroundings
Land Navigation 94% vs 1d100 = 45 | Pass | Looking for the back alley
Lore Demons & Monsters 109% vs 1d100 = 35 | Pass | Identify any new demons or monsters


With his focus on the portal, he misses the big reveal of the Wolfen. He does see the spiny things out of the corner of his eye as he stepped through. Seeing that everyone made it through makes him glad.

Grant looks across the room to where everyone is clamoring for their items. "That pistol was gift from my Uncle Malcolm when I graduated the academy," Grant says to the air in a somewhat whiny voice. The memory of what Grant's uncle said, stirs in his mind, 'A good sidearm can often make the difference between sleeping in a hole six feet deep or a bed, Grant. You don't have to always brandish it, but letting people know it's there can change people's minds about doing you harm.' Grant shakes his head, I think I've only pulled it twice in the last 6 years. I didn't need it at all in q845. Maybe it's time to let it go. It's just a thing, don't forget your magic, Grant.

Grant turns and murmers the incantation to Armor of Ithan and touches James' shoulder. As he feels the flow of magic create the invisible suit of armor he says, "This close to the ley line, it should last about 12 minutes. It's about as durable as a medium suit of body armor." He says to the group, "I think we are going to have forgo getting our stuff."

Echo wrote:Echo finishes his shots and radios the team as his position becomes compromised. "The draconic fiend seems to have taken a liking to me. Currently in the process of getting my ass out of here. I'm doubling back the way I entered the building, don't re-enter and see if you can make it to the back alley where I entered to ambush this fiend. If not, I'll break contact and stay low." Echo states his battle plan considering he is momentarily cut off from the group with a large dragon about to barrel down on him. He will do his best to remember the layout of the building from his superior over-watch from earlier and activate his jet-pack, rocketing backwards away from the oncoming dragon fiend until he finds the turn towards the security office.


"Great!" Grant says as he hears Echo's predicament. "Okay, let's get Sorrenson back to his robot, and find Echo. Then beat feet to the nearest nexus so we can deliver our intel." When this is over, I am going to set up some talismans of critical spells. Preparation is the key to success.

Seeing the two Cryxon in the room, Grant quickly casts See the Invisible to make sure there are no others lurking nearby. From what Sorrenson has said there is war going on all over Center. Avoiding conflict here has to be the right choice, all of Earth is in danger, Grant thinks as he nonchalantly runs out the building. Unless they are noticed by the deevil forces, Grant races out of the building towards the Drudge, he looks around for where the back alley Echo mentioned seconds earlier might be.


Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
APM: 8
Critical Strike from behind or natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Speak and cast AOI on James
  2. Look around, cast See the Invisible
  3. Speak and dodge out the door: 1d20+2 = 19
  4. Dodge out the door and towards the Drudge: 1d20+2 = 4
  5. Dodge out the door and towards the Drudge: 1d20+2 = 16
  6. Dodge out the door and towards the Drudge: 1d20+2 = 18
  7. Dodge out the door and towards the Drudge: 1d20+2 = 20
  8. Dodge out the door and towards the Drudge: 1d20+2 = 12

Contingency: If the Cryxon take notice of them, Grant knowing their vulnerability to sound, casts Thunderclap to disorient them, then follows up with Magic Net. He'll cast Magic Net a second time if he doesn't catch both in the same net or misses with the first.


Spells and Psionics cast this round:

Range and duration of magic doubled within at a ley line or within one mile of a nexus point.

  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10 P.P.E. | 60 M.D.C. | 12 min | 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity, and fire
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 P.P.E. | 400' | 12 min | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.

Contingency Magic

  • Magic Net | BOM 107 | 7 P.P.E. | 240' | 20' radius | Dodge 16+ | 6 min | Affects 1 to 6 man sized beings. Takes 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons from the outside, those caught are helpless.
  • Thunderclap | BOM 93 | 4 P.P.E. | 60' radius | Save vs HF 8 | +5 Init, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge. HF 8.

Expected P.P.E. use: 14 P.P.E., up to 32 P.P.E. if contingency used.

For James:

Code: Select all
Armor of Ithan | 60 M.D.C. | 12 min | 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity, and fire
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

Perception: 1d20 = 15 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 39
OOC Comments
PPE: 130/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Personal Armor of Ithan: 70/70 MDC, 13.75 minutes

Back in the meeting room:
Sorrenson takes the chip from Spade and slips it into a pocket. "Thanks." He replies with a nod. Whoa! Did I just get something from Spade for free?

Once through the portal:
Sorrenson steps through the portal, takes one look at the press of people trying to get their gear decides it's not worth the effort.
Grant Latham wrote:"I think we are going to have forgo getting our stuff."

"Agreed, no time." Sorrenson replies while running for the door. The next seconds of his life have one goal, one purpose: To get suited up as quickly and efficiently as possible. Nothing else matters to him. He races as fast as he can to where the Drudge is parked, opens it up and slips in. He doesn't even really think, he just acts. Relying on the drills he put himself through again and again of suiting up as quickly as he could. Relying on muscle memory he goes through the steps one at a time until he is strapped in and his fingers are reaching for the safeties of his weapons. He learned long ago that doing one thing at time - as fast as he could - works better than trying to get tricky and all mutli-tasky. Right! Someone said something about an alley way? Something something Ambush? Sounds good to me. "Back alley ambush? On my way!" He turns the Drudge towards the alley and starts to run in the direction where Echo will be coming from.

Initiative: 1d20 = 14
APM: 5
Actions 1 - 5: Run to Drudge, get in and power up!
Dodges if needed: 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 14.

Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 1d100 = 32/79% to suit up, like right funking now! Pass! yay.
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 59/75% to use radio while suiting up, like right funking now! Pass! yay.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Jic: 1d20 = 181d100 = 92
perc:1d20+3 = 8

Spade:
"I surely hope you can come back after you task is complete! You, my dear are a rare beauty, a femme fatale for sure, but well worth the risk."

Sil and Spade are finishing their conversation, and he breaks off answering the Palladium native to defend himself with a little energy projection. When Grant reacts with a magic way out, Spade brightens, "Yes, that sounds good!"


Pushing the gold toward Spade to collect or at the least picking it up and stowing it again if he doesn't Silhouette smiles at the compliment though not fully grasping the literary reference that it is answers,"If Netosa does not eat my world...maybe I will one day!" When Spade's energy projection goes up she brightens at the new magic poking a finger at it and saying,"That is a new spell!" On his heels as Spade goes through the magical portal missing the display of Grant's and Jame's shooting she puts up her own Armor of Ithan drawing from the local PPE. (-2 ppe +10 ambient)

Almost hugging herself she found herself liking these constant surrounding leylines. It makes her wonder why nowhere in Palladium has anyone built a city on a leyline and used the magical energy in the way that Center has. Exiting the portal Silhouette looks around the lobby as she catches the edge of her arm in sight and ogles it. Holding up her hand distracted it seemed the magic armor was brighter to her senses than usual. "Neat!"

Recalling Spade's fear and instinct to survive she puts her magically armored hand out and imitates coddling the man's shoulder in a hug,"Remember? I'm the femme fatale! You are safe with me."

Looking to the rest the changeling seemed oddly comfortable with all the demon's about as she asks in a high chipper voice perhaps from the compliment paid to her by Spade,"Where shall we be off to Mr. Spade?"

If he forgot to pick up the gold she pulls it out slightly,"You forgot your..." Smiling she indicates if he wants it.


Grant:
This close to the ley line, it should last about 12 minutes. It's about as durable as a medium suit of body armor." He says to the group, "I think we are going to have forgo getting our stuff."


During the interlude as Sorrenson mounts up in his PA(Usually takes a minute, right?) Scoffing the forsaken mage laughs,"You left your stuff?!" Literally on the cusp of her active telepathy she probes Grant's mind for what the item looks like saying to him at the same time to make it easier to see by prompting his thoughts if not an actual explanation if she should not succeed at pulling it from his mind,"What does it look like?"

Probing Grant: For what the item looks like. (61% chance at image / 1d100 = 52)

All this available P.P.E goes to Silhouette's head as she draws from her bracelet the necessary energy (-50 PPE, plus 10 PPE ambient?) while mumbling the words to a spirit incantation. Fading from sight she turns ghostly in a literal sense (HF 14) (Prowl 97% /1d100 = 75) before flitting herself away to the equipment drop off.

Entering the room through a wall she materializes for a few moments after a quick look around. If she sees Grant's item she grabs it and an armful of anything else, especially if all lined up in a rack, as whatever these all were she assumed her companions would find them helpful if not anyone coming out of the establishment.

Flitting back to her companions she materializes again to drop everything at her feet. Ending the magic to remain substantiated she with a broad smile states,"I do not know when I learned that spell..." Looking down at the pile and back up at everyone like an expectant puppy waiting for a treat she asks,"Well did I do good?"

OOC Comments
NOTE: If she runs into a magical barrier or force-field that stops her passing through a wall, she will flit around to the front and through there, due that items would have to pass through their somehow.
Attachments
ghostwalker.PNG
8th level spell(2 Actions)
ghostwalker.PNG (33.88 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby EBAH » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:58:30
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

Old Map
Image


THE HOUSE ON TURK STREET
"Sir, the corridor heading to the alley is only one story tall, and only a ten or twelve ceiling. The dragon would have a hard time following you." Echo's new friend responds quickly to Echo's request. However, that info isn't that useful at the moment. Echo is dodging mystic blasts of energy the dragon is throwing down the hall at the rocketing mercenary. Furniture is exploding everywhere. Trolleys full of abandoned food turn in to squishy shrapnel and cover the hallway in sticky goo. The dragon (deevil dragon to be precise) indeed cannot fit down the hall. Echo has time for one shot, and it hits, pissing off the monster even more. With a tremendous display of strength it starts tearing the building apart trying to get to Echo.

Retreating Grant is forced to use his thunderclap and magic nets, not so much to keep the cryox from getting him, but to keep the monsters from running amok in the foyer and spilling outside. Spade is racing along keeping as close to Grant as possible. At this point being near a powerful magic user seems like a good place to be.

He and Sorrenson run out of the building and come to a screeching halt in front of Grudge. Spade takes a look and makes a snide comment, "You came in that? You're braver than I thought."

Sorrenson focuses and with only a minimal sidetrack suits up as fast as humanly (or ratinoidedly) possible. It takes him less than a minute to get all situated and brought up to full power.

In that minute, Sil does her unexpected maneuver and ghost walks into the security booth. Grant feels the psychic intrusion for only a brief moment. Sil then heads for the side of the building, the most direct route to the security check. She bumps into a barrier that she can't pass through! But she's able to edge around it (it's open at the doorway) and once back inside the building she has no problem getting the stash. She is able to remember all of the group's gear, in large part because much of it is common between them. She's also aided by the visual quality of her teammates' gear: most of it is far more utilitarian than majority of the hardware in the security cage. She hasn't taken inventory, but she returns with a larger purse filled with mysterious items.

In the time it takes Echo to maneuver through the building, Sorrenson will have finished suiting up and Sil will have returned with the loot/gear. It will take another 10-15 seconds for the rest of group to meet Echo in the alley.

Hahahahahahahaha
Oh, and a large part of roof collapses on James. Ooops.


What are you doing?
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Epic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest