YIM Handle: fflipps

Character Name: Dale Pelczar
Power Category: Experiment
Alias: Hourglass
Alignment: Scrupulous
XP Level: 3
XP Points: 4,101
Next Level @ XP: 8,251
Birth Order/Family Ties: First born (only child)
Land of Origin: Las Vegas, NV
Childhood Environment: Large city – grew up in Las Vegas.
Social/Economic Background: Laborer/lower class. Mom was a waitress, dad was a taxi driver.
When Extraordinary Abilities First Manifested: Late teens.
Disposition: Nice guy. Friendly, courteous, hospitable

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 13
M.E.: 23
M.A.: 18
P.S.: 12 (23 Extraordinary)
P.P.: 23
P.E.: 16
P.B.: 19
Speed: 13

PHYSICAL DATA
HP: 26
SDC: 71 (250)
AR: 6 (14)
HF: 10 (12 as Sand Behemoth)
Sex: Male
Height: 6’ 5”
Weight: 335 lbs. (600 lbs.)
Description: Brown hair, brown eyes. For being so young, he has a few age lines and wrinkles in his forehead, mainly from immersing himself in his work as a watchmaker. Having gotten super abilities, and being a fan of superhero movies and comics, he has started wearing a superhero costume and he almost refuses to take it off (except when it’s laundry day, when he wears a bathrobe and slippers).

Nature of the Experiment: Radiation therapy.
Type of Experiment: Unexpected side effect of an experimental treatment.
Sponsoring Organization: Medical.
Status with the Sponsoring Organization: Allowed to leave on very good terms. The organization and I have a very friendly relationship.

Experiment Side Effects
New Life Form. My DNA has been so hideously abused that I am no longer considered to be human.

Mutant Characteristics (4)
1. Odd Eye Color: Yellow
2. Unusual Skin: Tough
3. Unusual Skin Color: Orange
4. Unusual Amounts of Body Hair: Hairy (I have 3x the normal amount of body hair)

Alien Physiology Due to Unearthly Environment (Experiment Side Effect)
Low Gravity

Natural Abilities
Charm/Impress - 45%
Trust/Intimidate - 50%

Super Abilities
Major
APS Sand
a. AR 14, 250 SDC
b. All physical attacks do no damage
c. Weight is 600 lbs.
d. +11 to PS, and PS considered Extraordinary
e. SDC of sand form recovers at 3x normal rate
f. Emits no heat; cannot be “seen” by infrared and/or heat sensors
g. HF 10; 12 as Sand Behemoth

Minor
Bio-Aura
Clock Manipulation
a. Amazing sense of time to within 2d6 seconds and is never late
b. Can sense if a timepiece is accurate, and if it is not can determine what the problem is and how fast/slow it is
c. Can fix timepieces without the benefit of electronic or mechanical skills

EDUCATION LEVEL: High School Graduate

Scholastic Skills
Basic Electronics - 45% (+5%)
Basic Mechanics - 45% (+5%)
Computer Operation - 55% (+5%)
Electrical Engineer - 45% (+5%)
Locksmith - 45% (+5%)
Mechanical Engineer - 40% (+5%)
Robot Electronics - 5% (+5%)

Secondary Skills
(1st) Art - 35% (+5%)
Astronomy - 35% (+5%)
Athletics
Hand to Hand Basic
Literacy - 40% (+5%)
Mechanics, Auto - 35% (+5%)
Photography - 45% (+5%)
Pilot, Automobile - 64% (+2%)
Radio, Basic - 55% (+5%)
Running
TV/Video - 33% (+4%)
(1st) Writing - 25% (+5%)

Combat Data
HTH Type: Basic
Number of Attacks: 4
Damage: +8
Initiative Bonus: +1
Strike Bonus: +4
Parry Bonus: +7
Dodge Bonus: +7
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +4
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +4%
Toxins (15+): +1
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (varies): +4
Last edited by Hourglass on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hourglass

Hourglass' Equipment

Postby Hourglass » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:53 am

Equipment List
Life savings: $5000.00
Available Cash: $109.03

2006 Ford Focus
A.R.: 5
S.D.C.: 300
Speed: 110 MPH
Range: 350 miles

Weapons
With no WPs, he doesn't own anything other than standard kitchens knives. Which don't see much use due to his propensity to eat frozen pizza and macaroni and cheese.

Armor
Leather Trenchcoat
AR: 10
SDC: 60
Weight: 12 lbs.

Miscellaneous Equipment
Standard TV, with an XBox 36 (with Kinnect) and a slew of games
Bed, dresser, nightstand
2 sets of bed sheets and linens
Clothing consists mostly of jeans and t-shirts, although he does have some cold-weather clothing such as sweaters, gloves, and a Green Bay Packers hat
3 gaming chairs (instead of a couch)

The only other major item of note is a leather messenger bag that he carries with him everywhere that holds the following:
1 compact, field kit for locksmithing
1 set of allen wrenches
1 compact, field ratchet set (English and Metric)
2 flathead, 2 phillips, and 2 ratchet screwdrivers
3 towels (he's one hoopy frood who knows where his towel is)
1 jar of goop (the stuff used to clean grease of your hands)
1 volt meter
1 needle-nose and 1 standard pliers

He wants to carry more stuff in the bag, but he's pushing the limit and knows he can't carry it all with him. He basically has the bag as a mechanical toolkit that can be used for many (but not all) repairs in the field. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the cash available to have purchased a full garage (he aspires to be a mechanic).
Last edited by Hourglass on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hourglass

Hourglass' Background

Postby Hourglass » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 am

Background Story
Well, what can I tell you about me? I’ll start with the beginning. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

Ha ha. Ok, now seriously: I was born in a big city on an average day. My mom and dad were very much in love, but very much in broke as well. She was a waitress at this restaurant Blueberry Hill, and he was a cabbie driving tourists from the airport to the strip. The hours they both worked were horrible and the pay was lousy, but they managed. And when I came into their lives, they both felt that even though they were broke that they were the luckiest people in the world. And when you live in Las Vegas and feel you’re lucky, then you truly are blessed.

Interestingly enough, neither of them had any bad habits. Neither gambled, nor drank heavily, nor did drugs. Sure, dad smoked like a chimney, but he was always there and always put me and mom before everybody else. He sacrificed so much while I was growing up to make sure I had enough to eat, clothes on my back, and a roof over my head. Life, I thought, was good. And then my mom was an innocent casualty in a robbery at the restaurant, and our whole lives changed.

She was at work one day, serving customers and trying to finish her shift so she could get home to make dinner for me and dad. I was 16 at the time, and in high school. Well this dick walks into the place, gun waving in the air, and demands that she empty the register. She did so, and the guy took the money. He realized that the waitresses would have tips, so he told them all to empty their tips into his bag too. She started to give him her tips, but she must have hesitated a little too long. The gun went off and the guy ran. Mom died on the way to the hospital.

Dad and I were crushed when we heard the news, but dealing with mom not being there was just the beginning. Bills started to pile up – rent, heat, gas, and groceries were now replaced with insurance, casket, funeral home, and burial expenses. We were running out of money quickly. Dad didn’t know what to do, and I know I heard him cry himself to sleep more than a couple nights. I wanted to help so badly, but I was just a kid and didn’t know what to do.

I was flipping through the local channels one night (I had developed a serious case of insomnia and had trouble falling asleep), when I saw one of those commercials about making your life better, and how this company could help. “Come on down, try our product. You’ll notice an immediate change in your life. We’ll even pay you to test this out!” Pay me? I can make money to walk into some medical building, drink some chocolate protein shake, tell them what I think about it, and they’ll give me money? We needed the cash, so I decided to check this out. You had to be 18 to sign up, but what were they going to know or care? I was a strapping young man, in good shape, so they weren’t going to ask, were they?

I got to the building the next day and walked in. What a madhouse that was! Seems every homeless freak in the city had seen the commercial, and everyone wanted a piece of the pie. I went up to the nurse at the counter, and I told her I was interested. When she asked if I had a permanent address and I told her yes, she immediately brought me beyond the doors and into an office. She was nice, and told me the doctor would soon be there. He took a few minutes, and he eventually walked in with a bunch of test tubes and beakers. We talked, and after I answered all of his questions (to which he wrote the answers down), he gave me 2 containers of liquid. Told me to drink the first one, wait 5 minutes, and then drink the second one. I asked him how much I’d get paid for this (hey, I was there for the money, after all) and he said that would depend on the results, but that I’d get no less than $100. Not bad, right? I drank the first container, waited 5 minutes, and drank the second one. I passed out almost immediately.

When I woke up, it was quite a few hours later, and I was laying on a bed. The doctor came in, and I asked him what happened. He said that I passed out, and that I had been brought into the waiting area for the second stage. I asked him “What second stage”, and he said that based on preliminary tests they had run, I was a perfect candidate to undergo a new type of radiation therapy that would help make me smarter, which would help me get into college. If I could be smarter, I would be able to get a scholarship and not be a financial burden on dad. I asked how much I’d get paid, and they told me that, again, based on the results, I could make a lot of money. I signed on the dotted line, and we were off.

I had to endure 6 hours of having this laser thing pointed at my head and various parts of my body, and then a light would shoot out at me. I could feel it burn inside me, but I could also feel something changing in my body. It felt like my cells were turning into soup and then coagulating back into normal cells. Over and over this went on, until finally they were done and I was brought back to the waiting area. And what happened in the waiting area was AWESOME!

I’m sitting there, waiting for the doctor to come in, and my shirt and pants start getting tighter and tighter. I look down at my feet, and I can see my legs! I stand up, and everything seems shorter to me now. I look in the mirror, and I had grown. But that wasn’t the best part. My hair got really long, and my skin turned this odd shade of orange. I could feel my skin starting to harden and get lumpy, but not in an uncomfortable way. I also felt heavier and more massive, and when the process finally stopped I felt as if every step I took would have me punching holes in the floor with my feet.

The doctor came in and took a look at me, and then led me to another room. He ran some tests and told me that the side effects of the treatment that I had were completely unexpected. They wanted to run more and more tests to find out the extent of the side effects, and I agreed so long as they paid for all of my dad’s bills. They agreed, and I spent the next 2 years in this “clinic” having tests run on me, and trying out the new abilities that came with the results of the radiation therapy.

After 2 years, I had pretty much mastered the powers I acquired. I could turn into a sand being at will, and I had an uncanny knack for always knowing what time it was. I could fix watches and other clocks without even having to be told what was wrong with them, and I could slow down, speed up, or stop clocks altogether. It is so cool!

Anyhow, after 2 years, I had a talk with the doctor about my still being there. He told me that there was pretty much nothing else they could test me for in a clinical setting, and that I could go if I wanted to. I asked where I was going to go now that I was 18, and he brought my dad into the room. He had been there witnessing everything for 2 years, and he told me that he was proud of me for going through this to help him out. The three of us talked, and we decided that the white coats could track what I was doing on the outside of the clinic and keep a file on me going. So I left the clinic with my dad, and we went home.

Since then, I’ve decided that I can’t keep myself locked up at home. And I’ve also come to realize that there are people other than my dad that need help. I want to help those who are less fortunate than me. I want to get cats out of trees, help old ladies cross the street, and foil the bad guy’s plans for world domination. Ok, so maybe that’s a little ambitious, and maybe I’m not as strong and capable of fighting as I’d need to be to do that. But I gotta help. Mom and dad helped me when I was growing up, and the doctors helped my dad when he needed money. I have to repay that. I have to.
Hourglass

Power Grid

Postby Blackhaunt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 am

Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Return to Heroes