OMEGA BASE: Rest and Relaxation

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: OMEGA BASE: Rest and Relaxation

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm gonna call it a new mutation until told otherwise..." He adds with a smirk. "If this superhero gig doesn't work out, then maybe I'll be able to land a side hustle as a Chippendale dancer.

"Hmmm." she grins, "good money if you can wear underwear in public," she smirks.

"Oh hey, those are still a thing? I had a couple of friends back in college that were into that and tried to recruit me; I played a few games but never got that much into it."

"I live the nerd lifestyle. These things keep me sane. I have a group I run with every two weeks. Emily, Jason, Malcum and I take turns running the game. I get to GM next game. That means I at least get free food. GM's fee...so to speak." she shrugged.

"Used Dragon last time, Hmmm." she paused, "Haven't used Mind Flayers for a long time." then she grabs the GM resource.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:45 pm

RETROPOLIS

Clarica ”Wi-Fi” Ellison writes some e-mails to some shady characters from a burner e-mail address.

Pipin's Reply wrote:From: pipin@csmail.com
To:"Vigilant Shadow@csmail.com"
RE: query
If you want a research assistant, go to a library. Don't contact me again.

Phaze's Reply wrote:From: phazedout@mailroom.com
This is an automated message. You have reached me at a time when I am out on assignment. I will return your emails in order when I'm back from the field. Thank you.

Vestige's Reply wrote:From: contractor-007@COIN.com
Depends on what you want to know. 10K minimum. Half up front.

Wi-Fi then goes online to look for an acoustic guitar with an amp attachment. She finds one for $300+free shipping.

Thomas William “Rampart” Cassidy rocks the house, looks better than ever doing it, and has a brand new fancy pistol to boot.

Emperor Liu “Sentinel” Xang sends one ectype to begin research on a project. The scope of the project is huge and not something that has been accomplished before. Still, the ectype draws up a set of materials.
A second ectype does research on dimensional magic. Most of what he finds is articles about attacks on Century Station from inter-dimensional forces. There's an article on SHOCK.net that goes into detail about why the citizens of Century Station should hate and fear magic users as much as they do aliens. The closest thing Sentinel is able to find is “magic shop” called Rosa's Curiosities. Their website states “Wizard wands, magic tomes, and other odds and ends.” The ectype notes that they are open by appointment via e-mail or phone only.
An ectype finds Wi-Fi who requests some modifications to her guns.
An ectype searches for properties along leylines but doesn't find anything that is currently on the market.

Clint “Brute” Jackson is joined by Sentinel to discuss an acquaintance all three (Brute, Rampart and Sentinel) made while adventuring inter-dimensionally.
Sentinel asks Brute to help in a search for the man in the picture who's name might be Li Si. Brute does an internet search and finds nothing.

Sasha Anne “Rook” Grey spends some time getting shopping done for her and her child. As she's doing so, she is reminded of the other tab open in her browser. “Century Station Child Care” was the search she put away quite some time ago.

Moya Thunderbird has some questions about Brute for Clint. Later on, she heads to town with others to do some shopping. At a self-defense store in Everett, Moya is able to find a Belt Knife Throwing Set. An email to CHIMERA nets her the grenades, ammunition and ammo box she needs as well as a work order for specialized arrows. Looking at the EOD equipment comes up relatively short. There is an armory full of tools but not specialized explosives related ones.

RETROPOLIS
Date: Thursday April 2nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (65 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 8:00 am

Brute wakes up to a beep from his phone. The beep that means he has an e-mail waiting.
CityNet Terminal wrote:Message Waiting:

Subject: Omegas

To: brute@omegas.net

Open|Delete|Move

Upon opening the message, it reads:
CityNet Terminal wrote:Good work on the Ultra City case. No deaths and you saved a hero's life, maybe even made some friends. Proud of the Omegas under your leadership.

To that end, I hope you're ready for the big time. You have a press conference on your front lawn, tomorrow 12 noon exactly. I expect a big speech and the best reintroduction of a super team this side of the Brawl Brothers. I leave it in your capable hands.

Oh, and before I forget. You've got a loaner from England on his way. Big magic bruiser named Crucible.

Balisong out.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Rook » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:24 am

Date: April 1st, 2043
Condition: Pretty good?

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 99
JIC D20: 1d20 = 5
JIC D100: 1d100 = 90

Tom shrugs with a chuckle. “No, it’s not just the hair. I woke up this morning and it was like my physique was dialed up to 11 or something. The docs at S.A.T.A.R. said my DNA was a bit unstable and that I should expect changes in my abilities over time, but they never said anything about them coming as fast as they have lately.” He grabs a bowl of cereal and some milk. “Since I got back they found out my alveoli had multiplied like five fold… and now… this…” he gestures to his now-hotter bod. “I dunno, maybe I got exposed to something while jumping between dimensions that triggered some additional mutations…” he shrugs as he takes a couple bites. “Here’s hoping that it never gets so bad that I grow two extra heads and can start rotating my butt cheeks…” he adds with a laugh.

"Oh!" the young heroine replies, eyes widening a smidge. "Er.. unstable DNA huh? That.. that sounds like it could be dangerous, especially if its changing rapidly. I mean, I've seen movies about that sort of thing, where the person affected would melt into a puddle of goo or something." she adds, a hint of concern in her tone. At the mention of dimension-hopping, Sasha looks once more a little startled. "Oh wow, I had no idea you did that.. or, if you mentioned it before I must have forgotten. That's pretty cool.. what is it like? Also, two heads could be fairly useful you know. Rotating butt-cheeks? Not so much." the blonde adds with a soft laugh.

He plays with Diane until Brute comes up and starts doing the same. “I take it you two know each other,” he chuckles. “I thought all of us on Charlie Team were straight up rookies to the local spandex game. Sounds like you got history around here.”

Sasha shifts a little in her seat, drawing her legs up underneath then sprawling comfortable against the back of the couch, watching the two with amusement while still flicking through various websites on the tablet. "I think she likes you, Tom." she chuckles softly, brows raised a little. "Playing with her is a quick way to her heart though.. she doesn't exactly have friends her own age around here, unfortunately."

As Clint joins in, she looks up and offers him a smile as well, but before she has time to answer Tom..

Clint smiles. "Rook was on the main team briefly, but got sidelined for some reason before training was complete. She... was with us on the mission from hell, where we lost Tong Ou Wei and Gekko, and where Sovereign went MIA. That was when we rescued Captain Neutron - who was just here with Ultra Guard - when he was abducted by spellusers and energy drained to power a demon-summoning spell. I think. That's... it was some pretty heavy shit. I'm just glad she's back."

Sasha goes quiet as she listens to Clint, noticeably paling at the mention of that last mission, swallowing hard. "Ahh.. yeah, that." the blonde murmurs, biting her lip a little. "To say it was heavy shit is an understatement. I nearly didn't come back.. I really was not prepared for that sort of thing." Sasha rubs the back of her neck a little, then gives a shake of her head. "I'm glad that you're glad I'm back, Clint.. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to contribute. I'm still very much the rookie.. half the time I feel like I'm in over my head."

Noticing Clarica sitting nearby, Sasha shoots her a smile as well. "Thanks for your company earlier. I nearly have my shopping list done.. though, it looks like I can get it shipped. Is that allowed? This being our headquarters and all?"

As she's doing so, she is reminded of the other tab open in her browser. “Century Station Child Care” was the search she put away quite some time ago.

Eyeing that particular tab, Sasha sighs softly, then opens it up and stares at it somewhat balefully.. once again, indecision gnawing at her.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Perception (33%): 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 40

Barney has an idea, and goes looking for Sentinel or one of his ectypes. When he finds one, he says, "I had a thought that might help. You were around when the tombs mentioned in that article were set up, correct? If we could map out where every tomb you know about was, and compare them to the ones archeologists now know, we could figure out where the ones not found yet are."

He thinks, I am not sure how many tombs that would be, it depends on how long he was active back then, but if I can learn where even a few new tombs are...it will help both of us.

Barney could certainly write about a tomb he helps discover for his thesis...and we might figure out about that newspaper from the future.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:13 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 45

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 66

Wi-Fi wrote:"Clint, I'm sure you won't ever need this, but I want you to have one just in case."

Clint looks down at the room key in her hand. Unthinking, he slowly reaches out for it, finding himself, however briefly, holding her hand.

His mind is a jumble. Memories swirl with thoughts and waves of emotion. Clarica, in the hallway, helping him when he was wracked with pain - his insectoid limbs sprouting for the first time from his rib cage. Clarica smiling, laughing. Is this what I think it is? A wave of confusion passes over him, mixed with... something else? I've always been able to depend on her... but is there something more? What's going on here? He is keenly aware of his own heartbeat, about a half-measure faster than usual.

Slowly, he draws his hand away, holding the key, the warmth of her hand lingering on his fingers. "Clarica, I..." He looks down at the key in his hand. quietly, he says, "I don't know what to... I'm not... " What does this even mean? He looks back up to her face. "We... should probably talk... about what this means. About... expectations."

Clint reads his email from Director Balisong. He sits back in his chair, his mind swirling since his conversation with Clarica the other day.

Everything's changing. For the better, I hope. He sighs. Press Conference. Public speaking ain't my hustle. Hopefully I won't botch it. It might be nice to make a show of solidarity... reach out to Psynapse, see if he's willing to put in an appearance? Hmm... Maybe too much, too soon.

He stands up, and exits his room, heading to the War room. Who is this 'Crucible' character? I better see if they've sent his dossier... and I can get started entering him into the system - all but his biometrics of course.

Clint sits down and pulls up Crucible's file. British military? That's unusual... and a spellcaster like Lexie. Sentinel too... though he doesn't reallyc all it spellcasting, does he? I wonder if the difference is only in name. He continues reading. Royal Engineers... I like the sound of that. Looks like he was EOD. That'llb e damn handy to have around. I wonder what he's doing in Century Station? Clint enters all of the relevant non-biometric security information into the system, and sits back.

So... now I gotta write a speech.

He leans forward, and sends an email to all Omegas, including Crucible.

Subject: Press Conference TOMORROW
brute@omegas.net
To: agentlist@omegas.net

Open|Delete|Move

CityNet Terminal wrote:All,

I've been informed by Director Balisong that I am to speak at a Press Conference tomorrow in front of Omega HQ, and I would like you all there in pristine Omega Suits. I intend to highlight our accomplishments as a team and introduce you to the public individually, to put a face to each name so that the public can come to recognize and trust us. I'll leave it to your discretion whether to appear in your alternate forms, if you have them (Barney/Spiderweb I'm looking at you) but for reasons I'll go into in a minute it may be helpful. If you each want to do a small and harmless power display when I call your name that might be fun. Like Rook could fly, Rampart could make a forcefield structure in the air... whatever. We'll talk about it.

Up until recently, we could act in a reasonably discreet manner - often, we were unknown agents in Century Station. For better or worse, that changes tomorrow. We've had some successes in the press during my time with the Omegas, and it's always been my goal to build public support for what we do, and this falls right in line with that.

There are going to have to be some attendant changes. You can assume we are always being watched when outside of HQ, so we're going to have to toe the line a bit more carefully. Going forward, you may be recognized - for better or worse - during your downtime - if you're going to a movie, on a date, out shopping, or whatever. Try to be as friendly, genuine, and polite as possible. If you have an alternate form, as Barney and I do, appearing in public in just your alternate form might preserve a measure of anonymity for your private life. For myself, I think I have to appear in my human form, and change at some point -as it's important for everyone to see both versions... for you, Barney, I'll leave it up to you.

For tomorrow's press conference, though, I just want you to smile and wave.

Also, guys, we're getting another spellcaster on the team tomorrow, named Crucible. Make him feel welcome.

-Clint
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Slowly, he draws his hand away, holding the key, the warmth of her hand lingering on his fingers. "Clarica, I..." He looks down at the key in his hand. quietly, he says, "I don't know what to... I'm not... " What does this even mean? He looks back up to her face. "We... should probably talk... about what this means. About... expectations."

"Clint, You were the first person I spoke to here. I am not all that good with people mostly, but, I like to think I am a good judge of a person's character. All my instincts say I can trust you. That is all I need know. the rest I can learn as we go along. Besides we have been through a lot already." she smiled with a slight sense of awkwardness.

She thought about Ironvien's lair and his reaction to her in the lab when the lasers started. He was concerned then and went to her instantly. that meant something right?. He was more than willing to trust her judgment too. Such trust should returned and he did give her a response to that Lancelot joke. in Daddy Long Legs lair. She grin momentary thinking of the scene and his look but refocuses.

"ya, we probably should. I'm sure we can find time when your ready, of course" she nods. Clarica was worried he might think she was rushing him or coming off as too desperate. He was not running off or telling her to keep it yet.

All,

I've been informed by Director Balisong that I am to speak at a Press Conference tomorrow in front of Omega HQ, and I would like you all there in pristine Omega Suits. I intend to highlight our accomplishments as a team and introduce you to the public individually, to put a face to each name so that the public can come to recognize and trust us. I'll leave it to your discretion whether to appear in your alternate forms, if you have them (Barney/Spiderweb I'm looking at you) but for reasons I'll go into in a minute it may be helpful. If you each want to do a small and harmless power display when I call your name that might be fun. Like Rook could fly, Rampart could make a forcefield structure in the air... whatever. We'll talk about it.

Up until recently, we could act in a reasonably discreet manner - often, we were unknown agents in Century Station. For better or worse, that changes tomorrow. We've had some successes in the press during my time with the Omegas, and it's always been my goal to build public support for what we do, and this falls right in line with that.

There are going to have to be some attendant changes. You can assume we are always being watched when outside of HQ, so we're going to have to toe the line a bit more carefully. Going forward, you may be recognized - for better or worse - during your downtime - if you're going to a movie, on a date, out shopping, or whatever. Try to be as friendly, genuine, and polite as possible. If you have an alternate form, as Barney and I do, appearing in public in just your alternate form might preserve a measure of anonymity for your private life. For myself, I think I have to appear in my human form, and change at some point -as it's important for everyone to see both versions... for you, Barney, I'll leave it up to you.

Also, guys, we're getting another spellcaster on the team tomorrow, named Crucible. Make him feel welcome.

-Clint

She looked it over and decided the man lived and breathed transparency. A good trait, but one she could live fine with out. He was one of the people who saw the good in a situation or person as often as possible. It was part of his charm. Clarica was largely an unknown, especially with UG and Centurions who practically ignored her. the media and hero community followers however were not so forgiving. He did have a point about covering up creating distrust. It was one she she did not fully agree with but could see what it was meant for. She wore the tactical face mask and over sized hoodie from her old Nest gear so it had been less concern. Nest gear was good for keeping ID's secret (except to other nest members of course.). The rest made sense if she could use You Tube to ID super villains it could go both ways.

But a visible costume made sense. There were elements that had to be tamed down. Clarica under some missions was a small arsenal of pistols. There was no way in hell she was going in plain suit. she was not out of shape, but she was not that confident. It did cross her mind to print out an Omega symbol and iron or sew it on a shirt or pant leg. Looking to the metal menace that was stubby looking to her feet and moving near she had an idea.

Using her formidable psionic talent to lift the spider up and getting an image of it on the computer. takes it and makes it about the size of her leg. putting the image on her thigh could give her an insignia. then lowers the slightly bothered spider to the floor. It still puzzled her why they disliked the being levitated. they swung around on cables.

Then re-focuses. Meanwhile the spider-bot looked up at her deciding she was not getting up yet and went off to menace her furniture or shoes and whatever else they did. The spider image did not fit with all the skinny limbs. She had alternate ideas. the suit she had with her blue nest long coat/hoodie and a proper mask would work. the only one she had was an old Nest hood. That would have to do.

The gold belts were more than decoration. She had planned on that for carrying and the lack of pockets bothered her. She made a mental note to talk to Chimera about suit design. Also to get Rook and Moya for few minutes to make some additional mods. But that could wait.

Computer operation: 1d100 = 80/104%
TV/Video: 1d100 = 19/99%
Suit specs

OOC Comments
Gibson.jpg
Gibson.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 3951 times

(back pack - simple and light twin knives for throwing/climbing, handle with various utilities like glass breakers and such) as per standard Omega backpack but smaller holds her field computer and accessories.Built in battery charger.
OOC Comments
Gibson2.jpg

Pouches and Holsters are adjustable to allow better fit for mission needs. Head is a tactical mas with snaps to hold NVG's, goggles and gas mask/rebreathers. Rebreather and passive infrared goggles (sees infrared, but not generates its own source of light.

OOC Comments
PegasusAltered.png
PegasusAltered.png (91.94 KiB) Viewed 3951 times

Belt buckle is the burning Omega symbol (she is a hacker and computer specialist. Firewalls. Hmm name change?
over this is a modified Nest coat with access for knives and belt items on the lower back. on the jacket is an Omega symbol.

"A line of Omega clothing? now there is thought. Omega: the Coffee! ('Give yourself an Omega Boost!' Omega: the Flame thrower!...Maybe not that last idea. then they would need to do a PSA about fire safety." she quickly looks up a few sites like T-spring and other sites for coffee mugs and stickers.

Law 1d100 = 14/86%
Business & Finance 1d100 = 17/86%
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:59 am

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 45 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 26

Skills:
Used below with each section:
(Summary)

Computer Operation
Research
Law (General)
Business and Finance
Archaeology
Anthropology

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Melee, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Seismic and Dimensional Detection.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

The alert on the ill-used computer in Sentinels quarts goes off many times before he became aware of its nuisance. Moving over to the far desk in his room he nudges the table waking the device. An email from Mr. Jackson the Omega team leader and friend pops up glowing onscreen Though I understand the usefulness of these, words and pen on paper hold far more sincerity. he thinks as he reads through it quickly. ”A press conference tomorrow? How interesting. Perhaps I will prepare something myself, just in case." he says to no one thinking aloud.

Zheng pulls up a chair to sit before the computer in preparation for writing a return message. Being of stone and no muscle or sinew to tire, he could have easily stood or hunched over the computer to type but it still feels proper for him to poise oneself with the proper posture during such endeavors.

----------------
My dear friend Mr. Jackson,

I am gladdened to see Omega is having such forward momentum. No doubt due to your success as their Leader. I look forward to the day’s main event and will gladly aid in further building the foothold we have on the cities confidence in Omega.

Yours,
Zheng
----------------

################

Upon his ectypes return from their tasks he “consults” with them briefly before reforming them.

Zheng not having any experience with aliens to make an evaluation doesn’t have much opinion on the article on SHOCK.net that goes into detail about why the citizens of Century Station should hate and fear magic users as much as they do aliens. But he does find the articles on dimensional incursions of interest and looks into those more carefully.
Computer Operation 108%: 1d100 = 94
Research 88%: 1d100 = 81

################

As for the “magic shop”, Rosa's Curiosities is the name of this shop? Curious name. he chuckles to himself. Only accepts appointments? How I miss when it was with me that appointments were made. Soon it shall be so. Well, for now, I suppose I shouldn’t “alienate” them by crashing their shop. he chuckles to himself at small pun he made in regards to the shock.net article. Turning to the computer he begins typing another email.

----------------
To whom it is a concern,

As troublesome as it is to make an appointment to discuss these matters, I would like to pursue an audience with Ms. Rosa at your earliest convenience. If it pleases you, I may be reached at this address.

With regards,
Emperor Qin Chi Zheng
----------------

No suitable locations to start building the faith. Hmmm. Well, there are other ways. he ponders on possible solutions as his thoughts wander to the rapping against his quarter's door.

Law (General) 63%: 1d100 = 13
⚗Research 88%: 1d100 = 24
Business and Finance 73%: 1d100 = 94

################

”Who may I be of assistance too?" he answers opening the portal to see Barney standing there.

Spiderweb wrote:"I had a thought that might help. You were around when the tombs mentioned in that article were set up, correct? If we could map out where every tomb you know about was, and compare them to the ones archeologists now know, we could figure out where the ones not found yet are."

Archaeology: 88%: 1d100 = 3
Anthropology 93%: 1d100 = 91

”I can’t know where every tomb would have been anymore. Time moves mountains and it certainly has. If it has photographs, then the news clipping may elucidate where some were, but to what end though? Sentinel inquires.
Last edited by Sentinel on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 am

(Rolls carried over)
Sentinel wrote:Sentinel
Spiderweb wrote:"I had a thought that might help. You were around when the tombs mentioned in that article were set up, correct? If we could map out where every tomb you know about was, and compare them to the ones archeologists now know, we could figure out where the ones not found yet are."

Archaeology: 88%: Original post: 1d100 = 3
Anthropology 93%: Original post: 1d100 = 91

”I can’t know where every tomb would have been anymore. Time moves mountains and it certainly has. If it has photographs, then the news clipping may elucidate where some were, but to what end though? Sentinel inquires.

Barney explains, "It occurred to me that the news article you showed me refers to newly discovered Terracotta Tombs. If we can figure out where such tombs might be, we may have a clue about why you saw fit to leave such a clue for yourself in the future. As to how we find them, we start by mapping the land as it was when you remember it. We then figure out which tombs you remember are already known by checking the archeological databases and cross-referencing. That will give us reference points to approximate the locations of other tombs not yet found."

He adds to himself, That is the benefit for you, as to me, if I can locate any of these tombs, I get credit for the discovery. It can be a win for both of us.

Computer Operations (85%): 1d100 = 10
Research (95%): 1d100 = 94
Anthropology (65%): 1d100 = 30
Archeology (65%): 1d100 = 18
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:47 pm

OOC: Missed a response. but here it is.

Noticing Clarica sitting nearby, Sasha shoots her a smile as well. "Thanks for your company earlier. I nearly have my shopping list done.. though, it looks like I can get it shipped. Is that allowed? This being our headquarters and all?"

"No problem, and I send some stuff here should be safe. oh and I had an idea about your problem with ranged waepons.." Wi-Fi added, "a wristband or bracer with metal darts and projectiles in tubes. I put together a rough plan last night. Its in the HQ's weapons files as 'Widow Stinger'."

Proposed Stinger stats:
OOC Comments
Proposed "Widow Stinger" stats:
Custom-Built Dart Launching wrist band
[size=85][list][*]Range: varies by projectile
[*]Damage: 1d6 for dart
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload options: 7 darts per wrist band (total: 14)
[list][*]Explosive darts: 1d4*10 (3ft radius, impact detonation)
[*]Sleep/Tranq
[*]Dart shaped projectile 4d6 (similar to arrow or throwing knife in damage)
[*]Phosphorous (burns for 4d6 on impact Plus 1d6 for 2d4 rounds)
[*]other darts and projectiles can be customized as needed (see darts and specialized bullets)
[*]Weight: 4 lbs. (fully loaded)
[*]Features: Dart straps that can be clipped on and replaced or changed as as needed.
[*]Modifiers:
[*]Note: Based on Black Widows wrist bands. specifically for Rook and other metal or magnetic powers. easy non-high-tech design to be made in field via powers.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am

RETROPOLIS
Time: 10:00 am

Brute and Wi-Fi have a moment, a feeling, and then they part ways. Brute sends out an e-mail to the team regarding the upcoming press conference and gets started on writing out his speech. While working on such, he gets a text from Lance Steele.

L. Steele wrote:Hey Brute,
Three things.

One: Good work on the last mission. We're rooting for you here at CHQ. I used to be one of you and it makes me happy to see you win.
Two: Don't worry about the set up for the conference. I've got that taken care of. We'll have a big screen behind you to project the image for those in the back, a podium, and everything. We...might have also told journalists they could tour the facilities. I'll send a cleaning service over ASAP.
Three: Here's the number for your new Omega, Crucible. I gave him yours as well. Things are a bit laxer since he's not a US citizen. Get ahold of him and get him familiar with the team before the conference tomorrow, please?

After the text, Brute receives a digital contact card for Crucible.

Wi-Fi gets started on some design work. A costume to wear either instead of or in conjunction with her Omega Suit. A wrist-mounted weapon

Rook and Rampart chop it up for a while with Rook's daughter underfoot. It had been some time since Rook first encountered the Centurions and thus was inducted into the Omegas. And it was on that day that her daughter, Diana Grey, exhibited superhuman powers as a toddler. Those abilities haven't been seen since but the requests... "offers" from CHIMERA to run tests have been neverending.

Spiderweb offers to go on an archaeological adventure to discover the secrets of Sentinel.

Sentinel shoots off a few emails, one to Brute and one to Rosa's Curiosities.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Perception (39%): 1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC%: 1d100 = 84

1) Assuming that Sentinel is willing and able to give Barney the information he needs, Barney will need to do a lot of work away from the Omegas. First he needs to plot the original locations, in Sentinel's time, of the various Terracotta Tombs. He will then need to plot the current locations of the discovered tombs, and use a computer to generate a tectonic drift chart. He probably will need expert help for this, as his own computer skills and knowledge of tectonics is limited. After he has a reasonably accurate model, he will need to test it by finding an unlocated tomb and excavating it.

2) Assuming Sentinel is unable to help, or can not remember details with accuracy. Much more research will be needed. He knows the tombs exist, more than one of them, from the article in the paper from the future. He will need to have a program establishing the topography of the area in the time the tombs were laid and the probably population density as well as known social factors. He will then need a predictive program based on those factors of the probable location of other tombs.

In either event, he will need to take the following steps:
  • He will need to request an extended leave of absence from the Omegas.
  • He will need help with the program.
  • He will need permission from the current Chinese Government to perform the excavation.
  • He will need an excavation team, which means funding and recruitment. That will presumably require a Sponsor.
  • If he finds the tomb as predicted, he will then write a dissertation on the information he has and the predictive model used that will hopefully earn him his degree.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Sun May 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 61 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 6/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 78

Skills: Archaeology: 88%: 1d100 = 91
Anthropology 93%: 1d100 = 59
Intelligence 93%: 1d100 = 18
Research 88%: 1d100 = 13
Lore: Magic 48%: 1d100 = 54

(Summary)

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Melee, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Seismic and Dimensional Detection.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

Spiderweb wrote:Barney explains, "It occurred to me that the news article you showed me refers to newly discovered Terracotta Tombs. If we can figure out where such tombs might be, we may have a clue about why you saw fit to leave such a clue for yourself in the future. As to how we find them, we start by mapping the land as it was when you remember it. We then figure out which tombs you remember are already known by checking the archeological databases and cross-referencing. That will give us reference points to approximate the locations of other tombs not yet found."

He adds to himself, That is the benefit for you, as to me, if I can locate any of these tombs, I get credit for the discovery. It can be a win for both of us.

Hmmm. What he suggests could help…, the ancient terracotta golem thinks. ”Mr. Barney, I don’t recall leaving that clipping for myself, but it seems lately there is much that had come to mind that I don’t recall. What you suggest is at least a start. It wouldn’t be something that could be accomplished from here. You and I would need to take a trip to my home, China. To be fair in assessment, it could take some time to map out since my memory might not be as reliable as you may hope.” Zheng proposes to Barney. I care not of CHIMERA requirements but it could affect him… Zheng considers to himself. ”It would have to be approved by CHIMERA. In the meantime, I will begin preparation for the trip.”, he says to Barney.

An ectype forms besides Sentinel which immediately heads out of the room calling after for Barney, "Come, we have some work to do before we depart." the ectype begins speaking of supplies and resources to build a library, research station, and living quarters with plumbing inside its empty dimensional room. [The ectype will build a 3 story "building" inside the dimension room with a spiral staircase and movable slats floors for ease of movement of equipment. The heaviest equipment will be on the "ground", library and research on the 2nd floor, and quarters for five rooms double-bunked with bath and closet (roughly 240sq ft. each) on the 3rd floor. Leaving about 20.5x20.5ft (420sq.ft.) for common area/kitchen and dining table. Each floor will be 10 feet tall leaving 6 feet for an "attic" for misc storage. Plumbing will terminate on the ground floor near the portal entrance for easy disposal and replenishment.]
Electrical Engineer 98%: 1d100 = 7
Mechanical Engineer 93%:1d100 = 72
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed May 06, 2020 12:53 am

Per:1d100 = 45
JiC:1d20 = 5
JiC:1d100 = 67

Wi-Fi gets started on some design work. A costume to wear either instead of or in conjunction with her Omega Suit. A wrist-mounted weapon

After getting her work laptop, Nest suit, nest, longcoat and evidently letting her 5 Robot spiders loose as she stepped out of her room. "for robots you 5 sure do have a way of getting under foot" she thinks. Suppose they would not be good at their job if they were not near by." she shrugs and lets the 5 bots follow her to the armory. Once they were there the bots took to re-exploring the armory.

The design for wrist band with darts is easy. not mechanics just a frame to hold tubes with darts. Made out titanium from aircraft hull should keep the weight down. whether it was out of a 3D printer or from powers. It had no mechanical parts.

Stinger:
skill check:
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 4/55%
Double check/repair if needed:
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 93/55%

Her custom suit a bit more work. weapons straps, mask and re-breather from her nest suit should work. A layer of Omega suit underneath the long coat and hood could add protection to it as well and recolor it in one move. Time to see how much she remembered from armory "class" among nest. Kelly and David did try to teach her, but a 14-16 year old girl was not the best student. Especially one that was Psychic. It was a great bonding time though. Kelly did get quality bonding time. even now the pair were good friends.
skill check:
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 87/55%
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 95/55%

A failed attempt she muttered "Well, there goes my career as a tailor." she told stubby who as at her feet and jumped/climbed up on the table to observe. with careful use tools attempts undo damage. and simply dyes the nest gear to wear with the omega suit.
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 42/55%
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 42/55%

Picking up a comms she sends a message to CHQ:
"This Wi-Fi of the Omegas requesting a suit design changes. Add Jackets and Long coats with Omega insignia and Identifying marks to jackets and suit.." she recorded and sent it. Thinking to herself of the press and how to better get noticed. Perhaps a public contest for an Omega insignia? Something to run by Brute and the director.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Crucible » Thu May 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 47
JIC 1d100 = 67

Blackhaunt wrote:Flagstone gives a quick answer before she takes off. "Lance Steele. Word is, he used to be a real monster of a combatant. Now he's just a pencil pusher. How the mighty have fallen. Goodbye, Crucie."

Crucie! He blanches at the cutesy nickname; you would think they could work on better material.

Upon opening the envelope, Crucible discovers a few items.
  • Business Card
  • Letter
  • Debit Card

Letter wrote:Contact Lance Steele at the number on the card today. You will be working with Century Station's up and coming superteam, The Omegas. Debit card has enough cash to get you through April. Good luck and make us look good.

The business card has the telephone number for Lance Steele on it.

Well, since I am here in Century Station, it seems I have to play with the locals whilst carrying out my duties. Lets hope they do not get in the way. he muses, twirling the card around in his hand, whilst copying the number over to his phone. Matthew enters the number for Lance Steele and rings up. When he gets through to Lance Steele, he identifies himself.

"Mr Steele, this is Crucible. I was given your contact about working with the Omegas."

Presuming that Lance Steele provides some contact details for Brute, he drafts an email to the Omegas leader.

Dear Mr Brute

It would appear that we are to become teammates at the behest of my government. Obviously, we should meet soon to formally begin my induction into your team at your earliest behest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
Crucible

Having sent the message, he awaits a reply, whilst reading a treatise on supernatural creatures written by Bernard Wolf, a contemporary of Isaac Newton. In his mind, Crucible practices the shape and exact speech of the Formi that he uses.
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
Crucible

Postby Rook » Fri May 08, 2020 1:32 am

Conditions: I think fine?

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 11
JIC D20: 1d20 = 19
JIC D100: 1d100 = 68

"No problem, and I send some stuff here should be safe. oh and I had an idea about your problem with ranged weapons.." Wi-Fi added, "a wristband or bracer with metal darts and projectiles in tubes. I put together a rough plan last night. Its in the HQ's weapons files as 'Widow Stinger'."

A soft laugh escapes Sasha as Clarica briefly describes the wrist-band-weapon, ears reddening a little. "Mm.. well, I'm not a widow.. hell, I've never been married nor am I spider!.. so I'll probably rename my copy something else. How does 'the Rooks Talons' sound?" she then asks, a half-smirk curling her lips. "Ok, maybe thats a little cheesy but.." here Sasha shrugs, setting aside the tablet for a moment.

"I saw Clint's email about some sort of public introduction to the city.. and I'm feeling hella-nervous about it. Like, power-armor equipped butterflies in my stomach." the young woman sighs, rubbing the back of her neck a little, anxiously. "Especially since I'm still not happy with my outfit! I never expected that I'd have to.. have some sort of super-costume or something.. And the Omega Suit doesnt even cover me face.."

>insert "I never asked for this" . wav here!<

"Given Diana I.. kinda want to stay more anonymous, you know? Any suggestions?"

>insert "A few moments later.." . wav here!<

Later, after she and Wi-Fi had hashed out some ideas on the wrist-band-thingery, Sasha retired to her quarters, putting Diana down to take a nap then going through her email again quietly. Coming across the 'offer' from CHIMERA, Sasha groans softly to herself, rubbing her face a little in frustration. After dashing off a politely worded "Thanks but no-thanks" message in return she tosses the tablet onto her bed, then stands and quietly makes her way back out into the main common room. Pacing around a little aimlessly for an in-determined amount of time, Sasha stops briefly at one of the arcade cabinets then gives her head a shake. Jaw tightening and brows furrowing, she turns and makes her way towards the gym instead.

Once there, Sasha does a few basic stretches, then lines herself up in front of a punching bag. After a few breaths, she takes up a proper boxing stance before starting to take strikes and jabs at the bag sharply, trying to relax..
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Brute » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 29

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 58

Sentinel wrote:My dear friend Mr. Jackson,

I am gladdened to see Omega is having such forward momentum. No doubt due to your success as their Leader. I look forward to the day’s main event and will gladly aid in further building the foothold we have on the cities confidence in Omega.

Yours,
Zheng

Brute taps out a reply.

CityNet Terminal wrote:I have a very good team, that makes leadership much easier. As I'm sure you know.

...Your Highness.

-Clint

Steele wrote:Hey Brute,
Three things.

One: Good work on the last mission. We're rooting for you here at CHQ. I used to be one of you and it makes me happy to see you win.
Two: Don't worry about the set up for the conference. I've got that taken care of. We'll have a big screen behind you to project the image for those in the back, a podium, and everything. We...might have also told journalists they could tour the facilities. I'll send a cleaning service over ASAP.
Three: Here's the number for your new Omega, Crucible. I gave him yours as well. Things are a bit laxer since he's not a US citizen. Get ahold of him and get him familiar with the team before the conference tomorrow, please?

Crucible wrote:Dear Mr Brute

It would appear that we are to become teammates at the behest of my government. Obviously, we should meet soon to formally begin my induction into your team at your earliest behest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
Crucible

Clint taps out a reply to the new mage.

CityNet Terminal wrote:Crucible,

Welcome to the team. We'll be glad to meet you at Omega HQ, in Retropolis. The address is [Address]. As soon as you get here I'll get your security access done and give you the brief tour of the building and introduce you to the team.

We're glad to have you on board - we've had occasions in the past where we could've used a wizard and didn't have one.

-Clint / Brute

With that done, Clint sits down to write his address for the Press Conference. What am I trying to do here? What's the purpose? Introduce the team officially to century station? We've been in the news... we've been public... but we've never had... control of the narrative. We've only been the subject of the reporting. This is our chance to say who we are. They may think of us a certain way. Ex-criminals, maybe. Untustworthy. This is the opportunity to show them differently.

As he writes, he wonders, Are we different, though? What's so different about us now than 3 months ago? He thinks... the Omegas have been to alternate dimensions. Fought robots and aliens. Fought mutants and monsters. All while trying to protect the citizens of Century Station. Nothing is different, he concludes. They've been wrong about us. This is our chance to educate them.

When Crucible arrives at Omega HQ, Clint buzzes him in, allowing him access beyond the perimeter wall and into the HQ facility itself, and steps out of the war room to meet him at the door.

Clint smiles as he reaches out to shake the man's hand. "Lef-tenant Bennet. I'm Clint Jackson, Omega Leader. before you ask, Yes - I've read your file. Whatever wasn't redacted, anyhow. Welcome to the Omegas. If you'll follow me - you can drop those bags there, we'll pick 'em up in a minute - I'll get you into the security system."

Clint leads crucible into the War Room, and to a seat near the big bank of computers. "This is my office." He chuckles. "All right - I already started the process using what was in your dossier. I just need your biometrics to get you done. thumbprint on the pad here..." When Crucible places his thumb on the pad, it scans and then lights up green before Clint continues, "... and look into the eyepiece here - look at the little reticle for a retina scan." When Crucible does, the machine puts the data into encryption, and Clint saves it with the thumbprint into the security file, granting Cryucible access to the building.

"And that's that. It takes a lot longer when we recruit in the field, but since you're coming in with bona fides I had the opportunity to save you all the paperwork up front. Come with me."

Clint leads him back out of the war room and into the common area. He starts picking up Crucible's bags, and leads him to an empty room. "You can stow your stuff here - this'll be your room. You're free to customize it within your personal budget - CHIMERA doesn't pay for paint." He chuckles.

OOC Comments
Pick a room from here

He gives Crucible a quick tour of the facility, and afterwards, he leads Crucible back out to the common room, and introduces Omegas that are out there as they come.

Once he's properly setlled, he claps the soldier on the shoulder and says "Well... I gotta call it - I have a speech to write for the press conference tomorrow. But you can find me in the War Room if you have any other questions."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers:
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Fri May 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82/58%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 86

Rook wrote:"Oh!" the young heroine replies, eyes widening a smidge. "Er.. unstable DNA huh? That.. that sounds like it could be dangerous, especially if its changing rapidly. I mean, I've seen movies about that sort of thing, where the person affected would melt into a puddle of goo or something." she adds, a hint of concern in her tone. At the mention of dimension-hopping, Sasha looks once more a little startled. "Oh wow, I had no idea you did that.. or, if you mentioned it before I must have forgotten. That's pretty cool.. what is it like? Also, two heads could be fairly useful you know. Rotating butt-cheeks? Not so much." the blonde adds with a soft laugh.

"Well... 'unstable' is the word they used," Tom shrugs. "Though I don't think they meant it in a drastic way. But if y'all wake up one morning and there's nothing but a Tom-sized puddle of goo in my bed, we'll know I was wrong." He adds with a smirk. "As for the dimension-hopping, the nutshell version is that my team fought off a dragon out at Alameda that was trying to steal an aircraft carrier. I chased him through a magic portal that dropped me off in another dimension after what felt like falling for-freakin'-ever through limbo. Hung out with one of Brute's and Sentinel's friends for a while, finally tracked down a wizard that could open another portal to back here, and got back just in time for my 40th birthday." He rubs his chin. "Yeah, I think that about covers it."

Rook wrote:Sasha shifts a little in her seat, drawing her legs up underneath then sprawling comfortable against the back of the couch, watching the two with amusement while still flicking through various websites on the tablet. "I think she likes you, Tom." she chuckles softly, brows raised a little. "Playing with her is a quick way to her heart though.. she doesn't exactly have friends her own age around here, unfortunately."

Tom gives Diane a grin before glancing over at Rook. "Then we're kinda in the same boat. All my friends and family think I died back in '34. They only just a few days ago brought me back to life, legally speaking anyway." His grin fades momentarily as he lets out a soft sigh, but is almost immediately right back as he returns his attention back to Diane. "But hey, I get to make new friends now -- right, Little Bit?"

Wi-Fi wrote:"I live the nerd lifestyle. These things keep me sane. I have a group I run with every two weeks. Emily, Jason, Malcum and I take turns running the game. I get to GM next game. That means I at least get free food. GM's fee...so to speak." she shrugged.

"Used Dragon last time, Hmmm." she paused, "Haven't used Mind Flayers for a long time." then she grabs the GM resource.

"I'll pass on the dragon, thanks..." Tom chuckles. "Like I just told Sasha, last time wasn't so much fun."

-----------------------------

Subject: Press Conference TOMORROW
brute@omegas.net
To: agentlist@omegas.net

All,

-Clint

Tom reads Brute's email with a furrowed brow. Well, here we go again... he snorts to himself. I get the feeling I'm the only one of this bunch that's been through one of these. He thinks back to April of 2034 and another press conference where the SLJ West -- Eagle, Columbia, Liberty Belle, Spirit of '76, and himself -- were being publicly introduced. I was so nervous that day I almost blew chunks on Fitz's expensive Italian loafters... he chuckles. However, a stray thought cuts off his reverie. Oh snap! Fitz! I should let him know about this! He clicks the 'forward' icon on the email and starts typing:

Tom wrote:Hey Fitz,

Just got this email. if the top brass wants me to start going by another code name, they need to let me know before this presser tomorrow. If I don't hear from you or them by then it looks like Rampart's officially back on the field of play. Don't worry though -- I won't make the same mistake of eating a bunch of raw oysters the night before this time. :)

Thanks,
Tom

Once that's done he hits the 'reply' icon and sends a quick message back to Brute:

Tom wrote:Sounds like a dream come true for a superhero fanboy like you, Chief. Don't worry about me, I'll definitely be in full monkey-suit mode tomorrow. How about a flyover on a flight disc and whipping up a nice giant Omega symbol behind us? Anyway, I'll be around the HQ; hit me up if you need me.

Thanks,
Tom

Through the day he keeps himself busy -- working out, keeping up with current events in Century Station, going over dossiers detailing current/former Omegas and intel on opponents they've encountered, getting his Omega monkey-suit ready, arranging his current gear, field stripping and cleaning his guns (all the while wishing there was a decent shooting range on the premises), etc.

When Brute brings Crucible around for introductions Tom gives him a nod and a grin. "So you're Crucible, eh? Pleased to meet ya." He reaches out to shake his hand. "The name's Cassidy. Tom Cassidy. 'Rampart' when in the field. Welcome aboard. Brute says you're a spellcaster. What's your specialty? Ley lines? Elementals? Techno-Wizardry?"
Tom Cassidy

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 pm

Armory:
A soft laugh escapes Sasha as Clarica briefly describes the wrist-band-weapon, ears reddening a little. "Mm.. well, I'm not a widow.. hell, I've never been married nor am I spider!.. so I'll probably rename my copy something else. How does 'the Rooks Talons' sound?" she then asks, a half-smirk curling her lips. "Ok, maybe thats a little cheesy but.." here Sasha shrugs, setting aside the tablet for a moment.

I made it for you. You get to name it. And Rook's Talon's sounds great. It is catchy and rolls of the tongue well. The idea came from an old Superhero movie from way back called the Avengers.” she takes some titanium parts from a 3d printer.

OOC Comments
Proposed "Rook's Talons"
stats:(GM may change some info)
Custom-Built Dart Launching wrist band
[size=85][list][*]Range: varies by projectile
[*]Damage: 1d6 for dart
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload options: 7 darts per wrist band (total: 14)
[list][*]Explosive 1d4*10 (3ft radius, impact detonation)
[*]Sleep/Tranq
[*]Dart shaped projectile 4d6 (similar to arrow or throwing knife in damage)
[*]Phosphorous/tracer (burns for 4d6 on impact Plus 1d6 for 2d4 rounds)
[*]other darts and projectiles can be customized as needed (see darts and specialized bullets)
[*]Weight: 4 lbs. (fully loaded)
[*]Features: additional Dart straps can be carried to reload.
[*]Modifiers:
[*]Note: Based on Black Widow's wrist bands. specifically for Rook and other metal or magnetic powers. easy non-high-tech design to be made in the field via powers.

They are titanium and plastic so they should be lighter. The weapon is more a bracer with darts, with minimal working parts. and you should be able to warp metal to make ammo if you need some. Point and shoot, just make sure you don't hit yourself.” and gives a her the bands.

"I saw Clint's email about some sort of public introduction to the city.. and I'm feeling hella-nervous about it. Like, power-armor equipped butterflies in my stomach." the young woman sighs, rubbing the back of her neck a little, anxiously. "Especially since I'm still not happy with my outfit! I never expected that I'd have to.. have some sort of super-costume or something.. And the Omega Suit doesn't even cover me face.."

I have a few spare nest masks I can lend them and I do have an old coat and or vest you can have. or we Shorten it a bit and it should work. For now I sent a message to Chimera about additional attire items for the team.” Wi-Fi answers.

__________________________________________________________________________________
If Crucible shows up she greats him:
"Crucible, Welcome aboard. Hope you made it here alright. I'm Wi-Fi. local computer hacker and team IT person. If you need any help let me know. right now putting together what I need for the press tomorrow. and helping Rook..er Sasha with some gear as well." she looks to Brute with a nod and smile, "I have a few ideas for promotion of the team. we should talk about them when you get a free moment. I also called Chimera about a few clothing items. a flak coat made of what the omega suit is made of among others. just a heads up if the call comes back and you get it first."
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Brute » Sat May 09, 2020 8:54 pm

(rolls carried over)

Wi-Fi wrote:"I have a few ideas for promotion of the team. we should talk about them when you get a free moment. I also called Chimera about a few clothing items. a flak coat made of what the omega suit is made of among others. just a heads up if the call comes back and you get it first."

Clint smiles. "I'll keep an eye out for it."

As Brute is laboring over his speech for tomorrow's press conference, he is notified of arrivals at the Omega HQ. He sets aside his work and goes out to greet the convoy of CSPD vehicles arriving.

What the hell is this? Another mission?

Agent Bolero wrote:"Good morning. Philysander Bolero, agent of CHIMERA. Which one of you assholes is... Clint Jackson?"

Clint cocks his head and raises a hand. "I'm that particular asshole."

As Agent Bolero drones, Clint initials where indicated for the new gear.

Agent Bolero wrote:you're all being assigned new Omega suits. They have body cameras, RFID tags, GPS transponders, and radios that will broadcast all that data back to base; that means we will know when you screw up in real time. Your suit, Mr. Jackson, has a wrist mounted computer that will allow you to track the team in the field. Sorry about the smell. You like durian? I hate it, personally, but after a while you won't know how you lived without that funk."

Clint shrugs. "After one mission, it'll probably have to be replaced anyway. I go through these things like you probably go through hemmorhoid cream."

As he speaks with Wi-Fi, Clint examines the gear. All the requested stuff for the field kits, more or less. We'll have to assemble the kits ourselves, but that's fine. That's the work of an hour, give or take.

Agent Bolero wrote: "Speaking of public embarrassments, Director Balisong has agreed to upgrade your vehicles. We're taking the APC's and leaving you with the hovertrucks. They have modular frames, cutting edge technology (for their time), light weight, easy to repair, and open to upgrade if you don't fuck up."

Clint nods. He signs and initials where indicated, and smiles as Agent Bolero drives off out of the compound.

He turns to Wi-Fi. "That must've hurt, for them to give us these hovertrucks... these are expensive, and we're basically the pariahs of Century Station Law Enforcement. So... We've begun to make a decent name for ourselves. This is all fantastic."

He goes over to the Hovertrucks. Checking them out, he nods. He turns to Wi-Fi. "They were a bit clunky coming in - louder than most models. I'm going to need you and Sentinel to go over these trucks with a fine-toothed comb. At a minimum, they need a thorough tune-up. Then I want a list of possible upgrades - I'm talking armor, mounted weaponry, whatever you two can think of. We'll come up with a list and begin the upgrades ASAP. But first things first - I want these in showroom condition."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers:
Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 53

Clint cocks his head and raises a hand. "I'm that particular asshole."

As Agent Bolero drones, Clint initials where indicated for the new gear.

"Now, which one of you stupid fuckers goes by the handle of Wi-Fi? Director Balisong has received all your requests for new equipment and, Jesus Christ, we had a good laugh. Everything you asked for, especially the guns, are denied. You have firearms in your armory, make do with those. We are giving you a new Omega suit, and since the paperwork says you're second-in-command, we have a special one for you too. Comes with its own wrist mounted computer, as well. You familiar with Unix? Great operating system, you can get a lot of programming done with this machine. If you can successfully NOT shoot yourself in the foot, maybe we'll give you some more hardware."

"I am familiar with Unix." she adds she also thought to her self how it, like the man, was going to be useless as a calculator until she tweaked it. It was something. at least the man could read. Government work really did have low standards or did not promote "non-group think". I bet Agent Bolero has a lot of friends. she thought ignoring the new Omega's version of Agent 'Phillip J. Coulson' with a stick up his *ss. It was a bit long but she could shorten the name later. The mutant also made a note to get gear from outside sources.

It was times like these that she was reminded of the flaw of inefficient governments. While it was essential governments not be too efficient as to not take rights or not need the people. They should be practical at least, not like this moron. It was not her concern now though. She just hoped he did not spread his genes to others. poor kids would be in job competition with house plants.

He turns to Wi-Fi. "That must've hurt, for them to give us these hovertrucks... these are expensive, and we're basically the pariahs of Century Station Law Enforcement. So... We've begun to make a decent name for ourselves. This is all fantastic."

"Considering Agent 'House plant' there making a name is not hard. or as I will call him 'Agent Coulson' Since house plants would be insulted by the comparison," she joked, "we did get something to work with. That said Hover trucks are better than helo or police cruisers. Though a hybrid with wheels if the hovers get shot up would be nice. easier to recover that way....maybe add wheels to tow it away?" Wi-Fi pondered as she looks at one.

He goes over to the Hovertrucks. Checking them out, he nods. He turns to Wi-Fi. "They were a bit clunky coming in - louder than most models. I'm going to need you and Sentinel to go over these trucks with a fine-toothed comb. At a minimum, they need a thorough tune-up. Then I want a list of possible upgrades - I'm talking armor, mounted weaponry, whatever you two can think of. We'll come up with a list and begin the upgrades ASAP. But first things first - I want these in showroom condition."

"With a little engine tune up and polish they should be show room. And I would like to add weapons and such post press, but we may have time to install them before noon tomorrow. We can add that turret easy. One of us can call Triton industries and get a crate or two of the T1 Laser rifles or canons for the turrets weapons. Probably better than what we can get elsewhere. Sentinel and I can rig up a sensor and camera to operate the turret from inside if needed. Tank armor should be an easy catch Army has that in spades. A small drone rack for scout bots like Stubby underneath since we have them. Maybe an air drone from the army. I have been meaning to call the US Military R&D about Urban Tact gear we can field test for them. I'd like to make friends with them as the team could use officially sanctioned allies about now. Triton and US army might like the good press." She pauses as the spider bots looked at and started to examine the truck.

"I think getting that via 'Agent Coulson' would take too long or we would get sub par material. We waited too long for 'Bertha' and 'Benny' here. I already have a computer probably better than this wrist comp here too. With other more 'important' teams and our teams history of p*ssing off locals we were lucky for these upgrades. I'll try to be positive." she shrugs giving Brute a grin, "Good nature being catchy and all." she joked.

"Oh and I wondered what you thought about promoting the Omegas with T-shirts and such. Someone will do that eventually. and being something of a sentimentalist I like to get there first." she pauses with smirk and to gauge his answer, "Stuffed toys of the Omegas might be fun too." she adds with smile. the idea of a stuffed 'Wi-Fi' sitting on her bed was a bit self-worshiping, but would look cool.

OOC:
Linked the inspiration for the Getting there first line. but she was not saying it quite as sinister.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue May 12, 2020 8:37 pm

RETROPOLIS
Time: 11:00 am

Sentinel Ectype 3 begins planning along with Spiderweb, outfitting a dimensional room for them to survive in while in China. Spiderweb fills out a leave of absence form and submits it to CHIMERA. It is instantly approved. Spiderweb leaves the Omega HQ alongside Sentinel Ectype 3.

Brute works on his speech.

Rampart receives the following e-mail:
rfitzgibbons@slj.org wrote:
Tom wrote:Hey Fitz,

Just got this email. if the top brass wants me to start going by another code name, they need to let me know before this presser tomorrow. If I don't hear from you or them by then it looks like Rampart's officially back on the field of play. Don't worry though -- I won't make the same mistake of eating a bunch of raw oysters the night before this time. :)

Thanks,
Tom

Dear Thomas,

I am quite pleased to hear that you are doing well. Well enough to battle the forces of evil again, I see.

Unfortunately, the codename Rampart is the property of the Sentinels of Liberty and Justice and SLJ Inc. As such, I must strongly suggest that you cease using said name at once, lest C.H.I.M.E.R.A., no, Century Station, become our property as well.

Best of luck,
Robert L. Fitzgibbons
Director of S.A.T.A.R., Liaison to Sentinels of Liberty and Justice

Wi-Fi works on developing more gear. CHIMERA delivers some long awaited requisitions. Wi-Fi starts dreaming about those. But with all of the various projects she has dipped her fingers into, she finds she's not making proper headway on any of them. Various sketches on notepads and formulas jotted down on napkins line her space.

Once Crucible arrives to Omega HQ, he is given a tour by Brute. He is subsequently chatted up by Rampart.

After listening to Wi-Fi's weapon suggestions, Rook gets some exercise.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue May 12, 2020 9:27 pm

Wi-Fi works on developing more gear. CHIMERA delivers some long awaited requisitions. Wi-Fi starts dreaming about those. But with all of the various projects she has dipped her fingers into, she finds she's not making proper headway on any of them. Various sketches on notepads and formulas jotted down on napkins line her space.

"I know I get a lot of ideas. not all of them are immediate." she pauses, "I'll call Triton and the military today about those parts. With any luck we can get some today. We can get Sentinel on tune ups. and we should be ready for tomorrow. Once I get off the phone I'll help Sentinel. and a pair of smaller side turrets will be easier for now. better fire angle anyway." she jumped up and took a seat on the top.

Looking at her phone/handheld looks up the military first, "Let's see what we can do. Hoping we have a local base or the company that makes the armor." the five bots had climbed up with her on top and were exploring the new trucks with some interest. stubby discover he could now stub under her foot did so twice and moved on to explore with his 4 other packmates. the look from the foots owner probably had some motivation to explore. dials the number and waits. This was a time to be professional. Just be calm and be cool, Clarica thought.

once an answer arrives she speaks politely.

"I am on the Omega team operating in Century Station. My phone number and signal should confirm my status, codename is 'Wi-Fi'. Can I speak with someone about some materials for an upgrade, please?" she spoke plainly and careful to not sound too aggressive but not overly passive. Diplomatic.
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 40/15% (EP, Crit success)
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat May 16, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Crucible » Sat May 16, 2020 10:44 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 86
JIC 1d100 = 52 1d20 = 2

Brute wrote:CityNet Terminal wrote:
Crucible,

Welcome to the team. We'll be glad to meet you at Omega HQ, in Retropolis. The address is [Address]. As soon as you get here I'll get your security access done and give you the brief tour of the building and introduce you to the team.

We're glad to have you on board - we've had occasions in the past where we could've used a wizard and didn't have one.

-Clint / Brute

"Looks like we're moving again Silver," he scratches the bird's head before feeding some seed out of his hand. He fires off a quick response, before digging out his bags to pack.

Clint/Quote

We will see you tomorrow.

Crucible

Brute wrote:When Crucible arrives at Omega HQ, Clint buzzes him in, allowing him access beyond the perimeter wall and into the HQ facility itself, and steps out of the war room to meet him at the door.

Clint smiles as he reaches out to shake the man's hand. "Lef-tenant Bennet. I'm Clint Jackson, Omega Leader. before you ask, Yes - I've read your file. Whatever wasn't redacted, anyhow. Welcome to the Omegas. If you'll follow me - you can drop those bags there, we'll pick 'em up in a minute - I'll get you into the security system."

Crucible arrives, initially invisible as he buzzes the intercom.

"I'm here, just invisible," he explains over the comm, "just wanting to keep a low profile."

As he is buzzed through the perimeter and into the HQ, he relaxes his spell and becomes visible again. He is dressed in a leather jacket, jeans and Walking Dead T-Shirt, with large wraparound mirrored sunglasses that make it impossible to see his eyes.

I wonder what they told him. Guessing that might become a little clearer as we talk.

"I appreciate the correct pronunciation of my rank," he smiles at Clint broadly, showing the normal slight yellowness associated with British teeth. He shakes Clint's hand; if he is in normal form, Crucible does it quite gently as to not break his hand or if he is in Brute form, he gives a much stronger shake. He keeps one of the bags with him at all times though.

Brute wrote:Clint leads crucible into the War Room, and to a seat near the big bank of computers. "This is my office." He chuckles. "All right - I already started the process using what was in your dossier. I just need your biometrics to get you done. thumbprint on the pad here..." When Crucible places his thumb on the pad, it scans and then lights up green before Clint continues, "... and look into the eyepiece here - look at the little reticle for a retina scan." When Crucible does, the machine puts the data into encryption, and Clint saves it with the thumbprint into the security file, granting Cryucible access to the building.

"And that's that. It takes a lot longer when we recruit in the field, but since you're coming in with bona fides I had the opportunity to save you all the paperwork up front. Come with me."

Crucible gently presses on the thumbpad, making sure he does not smash it.
"One thing my unit is hot on is the paperwork, sometimes in triplicate depending on whom you are writing for. It's not always in English either." he explains as he then sees the retina scan. Bugger he thinks, as he closes his left eye and takes off the shades. He presents his right eye to be scanned, but Clint can see there is obvious scarring around the left eye. After the scanning is done, Crucible puts his shades fully back on again before opening his eye again. He seems very practiced in doing so.

Brute wrote:Clint leads him back out of the war room and into the common area. He starts picking up Crucible's bags, and leads him to an empty room. "You can stow your stuff here - this'll be your room. You're free to customize it within your personal budget - CHIMERA doesn't pay for paint." He chuckles.

He gives Crucible a quick tour of the facility, and afterwards, he leads Crucible back out to the common room, and introduces Omegas that are out there as they come.

"It's alright, I've got them. Not like I'm not used to travelling light," he jokes, effortlessly hefting up the other two bags. He hands over the bag he has previously kept at his side to Clint, "This one however, needs to go into your armoury. If Clint looks inside, he will find some body armour, an assault rifle, pistol, utility vest and several clips of ammo. A closer look shows that a couple of the clips hold silver rounds.

Tom Cassidy wrote:When Brute brings Crucible around for introductions Tom gives him a nod and a grin. "So you're Crucible, eh? Pleased to meet ya." He reaches out to shake his hand. "The name's Cassidy. Tom Cassidy. 'Rampart' when in the field. Welcome aboard. Brute says you're a spellcaster. What's your specialty? Ley lines? Elementals? Techno-Wizardry?"

"Matthew Bennett, nice to meet you" he raises an eyebrow at the terms used; ley lines were weak, barely usable except at certain times of the year; elementals were a pig to deal with and what the hell was the last one?

"I'm not a conjurer, summoner or what did you call it techno-wizardry?"

Wi-Fi wrote:If Crucible shows up she greats him:
"Crucible, Welcome aboard. Hope you made it here alright. I'm Wi-Fi. local computer hacker and team IT person. If you need any help let me know. right now putting together what I need for the press tomorrow. and helping Rook..er Sasha with some gear as well."

"Nice to meet you. Nothing right now, but if I can, I'd like to see your standard loadout later. May have a few suggestions. "

Once he's properly setlled, he claps the soldier on the shoulder and says "Well... I gotta call it - I have a speech to write for the press conference tomorrow. But you can find me in the War Room if you have any other questions."

Crucible nods his head

"When you get chance and probably a break from writing the speech, I wanted to speak to you about how you want me to integrate with the team in the field."

OOC Comments
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
Crucible

Postby Brute » Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 23

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 4

Wi-Fi wrote:"Oh and I wondered what you thought about promoting the Omegas with T-shirts and such. Someone will do that eventually. And being something of a sentimentalist I like to get there first. Stuffed toys of the Omegas might be fun too."

Clint laughs. "Stuffed toys of the Omegas? Heh. That's... interesting. I, uh... I'm no businessman. I dunno what hoops you'd have to go through for licensing or whatever... but if w can keep our PR positive it'd be a money-making endeavor that'd help fund the team, I'm sure."

As Crucible submits to the retinal scan, Clint notes the oddity around his unnatural left eye, but says nothing.

OOC Comments
Crucible will note that Clint's ring is magical through his always-on See Aura ability, as well as his "abberation" (being a mutant).

Crucible wrote:"When you get chance and probably a break from writing the speech, I wanted to speak to you about how you want me to integrate with the team in the field."

Clint looks up from his screen. "No time like the present. We have one magic- user in our ranks already - Sentinel - so we'll likely split the team back up into two groups. It's been two to three groups since its inception, but we collapse into one group as needed. I'll likely put Sentinel on Bravo under Wi-Fi and you on Alpha with me. If you have particular skills... spells... that you think I should know about I'm all ears, but I'm not going to tell you what spells to cast in combat. You're the best judge of that.

I will say, though, that ... I had a chance not too long ago, in the distant future, to have a spellcaster power me up with a bunch of spells before a combat... one he called "fleet feet" made me run like the wind I tell ya... and that... That was fun. Me and Ronith went to TOWN on the enemy... it was glorious."

Clint awaits whatever feedback or input Crucible has to offer.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers:
Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7/63%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 71

Tom gives his computer screen a wistful look after reading Fitz's reply. Well, can't say that I didn't see this coming. Guess a new chapter needs a new title after all... he sits and ponders for a while before forwarding the email to Brute.

Tom wrote:Hey Chief, see the word from on high below.

Guess it's a good thing we haven't gone too public just yet. Any record of another Omega or any other local super going by the code name 'Barricade?' Figure it fits both my powers and my badge days.

Thanks,
Tom

When he sees Brute in person he taps him on the shoulder. "Hey Clint, just FYI I got word from S.A.T.A.R. -- if I don't give up the Rampart name they'll issue a copyright strike on C.H.I.M.E.R.A. and claim ownership of all freakin' Century Station. And believe me when I say we don't want THAT..." he makes an exaggerated grimace. "Just think. We'd all have to wear tight-fitting red, white, and blue spandex outfits. Can you imagine the horror?"

Crucible wrote:
Tom Cassidy wrote:When Brute brings Crucible around for introductions Tom gives him a nod and a grin. "So you're Crucible, eh? Pleased to meet ya." He reaches out to shake his hand. "The name's Cassidy. Tom Cassidy. 'Rampart' when in the field. Welcome aboard. Brute says you're a spellcaster. What's your specialty? Ley lines? Elementals? Techno-Wizardry?"

"Matthew Bennett, nice to meet you" he raises an eyebrow at the terms used; ley lines were weak, barely usable except at certain times of the year; elementals were a pig to deal with and what the hell was the last one?

"I'm not a conjurer, summoner or what did you call it techno-wizardry?"

Tom chuckles and shakes his head. "Sorry, never mind. Guess my little bit of magic knowledge doesn't apply to the local variety. The way I understand it Techno-Wizardry is combining tech and magic to create things like magical machine guns and whatnot." He shrugs. "But that probably won't be invented for another 300 years or so. Never mind."
Tom Cassidy

Postby Sentinel » Tue May 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 93 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 35

Skills: Computer Operation 108%/ 1d100 = 29

(Summary)

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

Brute wrote:I have a very good team, that makes leadership much easier. As I'm sure you know.

...Your Highness.

-Clint

Your highness… This highness gives a rare smirk towards the text on the screen. Zheng is typically pleasant but it is rare that humor hits his funny stone. Brutes jest made him think of a movie Zheng caught Wi-fi watching in the rec room that was based in the middle-age and very crude. Sexual innuendo and humor transcend the ages. he thoughtfully chuckles.

Typing a return to Brute he asks a personal question, Trust 100%/ [dice]1d00[/dice]
”Mr. Jackson, you should ask Ms. Wi-fi about a movie, I believe she said it was called “Your Highness”. It may be entertaining humor to you. On another note that is not humor. I apologize but I noticed a personal transaction, a donation to an organization in the city. What is the significance here?”

If I am to establish myself as a philanthropist, I will need to increase my ties to the city. What better way could there be to humanize me further and as well the Omegas. Two birds with one stone. he contemplates where else he could help increase his reputation…when a thought occurs, Hospitals! I could not bring the boy Zombar to a CSPD station nor a hospital once they had nearly murdered him because I don’t know this city. How can I be seen as belonging to this city if my knowledge is just as hallow? It seems I need to tour the city.[i] he thinks planning his future activities in Century Station.

++++++++++++

Speaking of Wi-Fi reminds him of the request she asked to help with the inspection of the recently delivered vehicles.

Brute said to Wi-Fi wrote:He goes over to the Hovertrucks. Checking them out, he nods. He turns to Wi-Fi. "They were a bit clunky coming in - louder than most models. I'm going to need you and Sentinel to go over these trucks with a fine-toothed comb. At a minimum, they need a thorough tune-up. Then I want a list of possible upgrades - I'm talking armor, mounted weaponry, whatever you two can think of. We'll come up with a list and begin the upgrades ASAP. But first things first - I want these in showroom condition."

Wi-Fi answers Brute and addressed Sentinel wrote:"With a little engine tune-up and polish they should be a showroom. And I would like to add weapons and such post-press, but we may have time to install them before noon tomorrow. We can add that turret easy. One of us can call Triton industries and get a crate or two of the T1 Laser rifles or canons for the turrets weapons. Probably better than what we can get elsewhere. Sentinel and I can rig up a sensor and camera to operate the turret from inside if needed. Tank armor should be an easy catch Army has that in spades. A small drone rack for scout bots like Stubby underneath since we have them. Maybe an air drone from the army. I have been meaning to call the US Military R&D about Urban Tact gear we can field test for them. I'd like to make friends with them as the team could use officially sanctioned allies about now. Triton and the US Army might like the good press." She pauses as the spider bots looked at and started to examine the truck.

"I think getting that via 'Agent Coulson' would take too long or we would get sub-par material. We waited too long for 'Bertha' and 'Benny' here. I already have a computer probably better than this wrist comp here too. With other more 'important' teams and our team's history of p*ssing off locals, we were lucky for these upgrades. I'll try to be positive." she shrugs giving Brute a grin, "Good nature being catchy and all." she joked.

An ectype stands next to the entrepreneuring woman before speaking, ”Ms. Wi-fi do you have some time? Mr. Jackson requested an instigation of the new equipment.” If she accepts he will motion towards the garage and proceed therewith Wi-fi in the lead. Once they get there he will assist Wi-fi. While he is capable of his numerous centuries of exposure to technology from its initial inception, he rarely bothers himself with the mundane aspects of engines, gears, and oil.

Zheng thinks to himself as he conducts a cursory look over the armored hover trucks, [i]Some heavy upgrades. It reminds me of a tank more than a transport.
turning to Wi-fi he asks, "Ms. Wi-fi, where would you wish me to start?”

Tanks and APC's 97% / 1d100 = 77(Not sure if it applies since these are also up-armored.)
Robot Electronics 98% / 1d100 = 64
Electrical Engineer 98%/ 1d100 = 75
Basic Electronics 98%/ 1d100 = 52
Robot Mechanics 93%/ 1d100 = 65
Mechanical Engineer 93% / 1d100 = 34
Computer Programming 98% / 1d100 = 59
Navigation 118% / 1d100 = 31
Read Sensory Equipment 98% / 1d100 = 49
Weapon Systems 108% / 1d100 = 17
Computer Operation 108% / 1d100 = 43
Advanced Mathematics 113%/ 1d100 = 11
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Tue May 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Ectype 4
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Spent PPE:
Skills:
Investigating the city:
Navigation 118% / 1d100 = 83
Read Sensory Equipment 98% / 1d100 = 4
Streetwise 56% / 1d100 = 97
Streetwise 56% / 1d100 = 10

Speaking to the medical:
Trust 100% / 1d100 = 70
Biology 98% / 1d100 = 28
Chemistry 98% / 1d100 = 97
Pathology 108% / 1d100 = 82
Medical Doctor -Diagnose: 128% / 1d100 = 42 -Treat: 105% / 1d100 = 17
Anthropology 93% / 1d100 = 56

Perception: 1d100 = 6 / 64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 5

He stood outside Omega headquarters looking up and down the street, literally invisible and undetectable. Today he didn’t want to alarm anyone as he toured the city. Today he and the city were going to get to know one another. I suppose I should start with the worst of it and head to where this Bloody Monday took place. he thinks as he sped north along the gambling district on the outskirt of the city. Sentinel spends the day traversing the city using the GPS familiarizing himself with the whole city. He visits the major thoroughfares, hospitals, and CSPDs and centers around town.

Once he has the majority of the city committed to memory in a manner that would make a taxi driver proud, he stops by one of the hospitals. I wonder what I can accomplish here to help my, our, reputation with this city? he thinks. He reveals himself before entering and politely introduces himself to the reception before requesting an interview with the chief executive officer of the hospital with a bow. ”Hello, would you be so kind as to inform your superior that I am here to speak with the administrator of this hospital?” he asks. If he meets the person in charge he will seek information on how he, a student of medicine and magic, could aid them with the sick and dying.
Last edited by Sentinel on Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed May 20, 2020 12:39 am

The garage:
Wi-Fi:
An ectype stands next to the entrepreneuring woman before speaking, ”Ms. Wi-fi do you have some time? Mr. Jackson requested an instigation of the new equipment.” If she accepts he will motion towards the garage and proceed therewith Wi-fi in the lead. Once they get there he will assist Wi-fi. While he is capable of his numerous centuries of exposure to technology from its initial inception, he rarely bothers himself with the mundane aspects of engines, gears, and oil.

"Ya I have to wait on some parts from the Printer and items to cut." she nods.

Zheng thinks to himself as he conducts a cursory look over the armored hover trucks, turning to Wi-fi he asks, "Ms. Wi-fi, where would you wish me to start?

"A basic tune up and clean up first. A measure and look at the space internally for seating and food and medical stations if we can fit some. Clint wants upgrade options. I have a few in mind. Towing wheels, 2 small side modular turrets to hold laser rifles instead cannons, A spiderbot hatch, top roof access and reactive armor of some type will probably be the ones I recommend for sure. " she comments waiting for a reply on her phone. as she did the spiders had begun the exploration of the truck. All the while not causing harm they were potentially getting in the way or damaged.

"Hmm Rifles can be removed if we need to leave the vehicle or are on a rough raid. If we use a power attachment run though a modified E-Magzine charger that should power it, a trigger system is easy too. But one step at a time. Wi-Fi gave a glance at her bots, "You five get in the Common room. If you need your charge Brute get you in." with that the 5 bots went indoors.

The "Fabulous Five" (A.K.A. Spiderbots):
The Five spider-bots following orders entered the common room in tactical form and looked about for people. if anything made an odd or human noise they would look. should there be nothing odd they will take watch of any Omega personal. this day they found the couch. looking it over and crawling all over it...
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Crucible » Fri May 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Rolls carried

Tom Cassidy wrote:Tom chuckles and shakes his head. "Sorry, never mind. Guess my little bit of magic knowledge doesn't apply to the local variety. The way I understand it Techno-Wizardry is combining tech and magic to create things like magical machine guns and whatnot." He shrugs. "But that probably won't be invented for another 300 years or so. Never mind."

Matthew raises an eyebrow so much that it is obvious from over his sunglasses.

"That sounds like I need to pick your brains on what you have seen, get a full sense of what you have seen and that includes it would seem time travel?" Matthew sounds very interested in what Tom can tell him about these traditions of magic.

Brute wrote:Clint looks up from his screen. "No time like the present. We have one magic- user in our ranks already - Sentinel - so we'll likely split the team back up into two groups. It's been two to three groups since its inception, but we collapse into one group as needed. I'll likely put Sentinel on Bravo under Wi-Fi and you on Alpha with me. If you have particular skills... spells... that you think I should know about I'm all ears, but I'm not going to tell you what spells to cast in combat. You're the best judge of that.

Matthew takes a seat and proceeds to give Clint a run down of what he can do, at least in the basic sense; keep a few cards up my sleeve.

"You will have had my file, which will have a lot of redaction, including what is known about my abilities. I am what you might consider to be a controller or in a slightly less polite description of me, I am a glass cannon. A lot of my spells operate around misdirection or controlling the environment, rather than straight up damage causing. I can do some, but is not my primary role. I can add some flexibility in terms of moving around in the water, in the air or across distances to all the team if need be and I can provide an element of healing, not just of open wounds, but other maladies as well. All this I can do a lot of before needing to rest.

I do have certain abilities which are constantly operating; right now, I can tell that you are a mutant, as is Tom and Wi-Fi, all of you fairly healthy and that the ring on your finger is magical. After you, I may be one of the strongest people in the team, but I am limited in the amount of punishment I can take."
When Matthew talks, he speaks fairly matter of factly, as if delivering a report, but with no sense of any judgement or disgust in his voice.

Brute wrote:I will say, though, that ... I had a chance not too long ago, in the distant future, to have a spellcaster power me up with a bunch of spells before a combat... one he called "fleet feet" made me run like the wind I tell ya... and that... That was fun. Me and Ronith went to TOWN on the enemy... it was glorious."

"I was going to ask about previous missions, but judging from comments by both Tom and yourself, I need to look into Temporal magics. This is probably not the best time, but when you do, I would like learn everything you saw, especially regarding magics. As for the spell you mentioned, I am aware of the spell you speak of, but it is not one that I currently know how to cast."

Later on and when there is somebody present to do so, he spends some time qualifying on the shooting range so he is authorised to use his guns.

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Brute » Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Tom? What do we call you now? wrote: "Hey Clint, just FYI I got word from S.A.T.A.R. -- if I don't give up the Rampart name they'll issue a copyright strike on C.H.I.M.E.R.A. and claim ownership of all freakin' Century Station. And believe me when I say we don't want THAT... Just think. We'd all have to wear tight-fitting red, white, and blue spandex outfits. Can you imagine the horror?"

Clint sighs and puts his hand over his face for a brief moment. Legal crap now? Do we even have ... like... a lawyer on retainer for the Omegas?

He sighs. "Is... changing your codename ... something you're willing to do, or do we need to fight this?"

Sentinel wrote:”Mr. Jackson, you should ask Ms. Wi-fi about a movie, I believe she said it was called “Your Highness”. It may be entertaining humor to you. On another note that is not humor. I apologize but I noticed a personal transaction, a donation to an organization in the city. What is the significance here?”

Clint arches his eyebrow. I wasn't trying to make that transaction secret... though I did want it anonymous. But... how did he see that? I did it electronically.

Clint shakes his head. No matter. "I... I was homeless for a while before I got my powers. People took care of me, made sure I stayed fed. Now that I have some money, I'm repaying the favor."

Crucible wrote:"You will have had my file, which will have a lot of redaction, including what is known about my abilities. I am what you might consider to be a controller or in a slightly less polite description of me, I am a glass cannon. A lot of my spells operate around misdirection or controlling the environment, rather than straight up damage causing. I can do some, but is not my primary role. I can add some flexibility in terms of moving around in the water, in the air or across distances to all the team if need be and I can provide an element of healing, not just of open wounds, but other maladies as well. All this I can do a lot of before needing to rest.

I do have certain abilities which are constantly operating; right now, I can tell that you are a mutant, as is Tom and Wi-Fi, all of you fairly healthy and that the ring on your finger is magical. After you, I may be one of the strongest people in the team, but I am limited in the amount of punishment I can take."

Clint nods. "Well... I'm the meat shield. I can take... a lot of punishment. A LOT. So... stand behind me if no other cover's available. We'll get you some good armor too."

Crucible wrote:"I was going to ask about previous missions, but judging from comments by both Tom and yourself, I need to look into Temporal magics. This is probably not the best time, but when you do, I would like learn everything you saw, especially regarding magics. As for the spell you mentioned, I am aware of the spell you speak of, but it is not one that I currently know how to cast."

Clint nods. "I can share my report on that mission. It was... not our usual gig." Clint swivels in his chair and pulls up his mission report, which he forwards to crucible's email account.

He turns back around to face the brit. "I've just sent you my after-action report. Feel free to read that at your leisure, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have afterwards."

"I'm... studying magic - not how to spellcast - I think that's probably well beyond me - but... the general knowledge. I can't answer any detailed questions about what I saw, but I can provide some eye-witness accounts. We've run into a fair amount of magic here in Century Station and on our missions. Our last Omega leader, in fact, was a wizard - Lexie Kent. She still works for CHIMERA, I think."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers:
Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Tue May 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Condition: Worn out and anxious

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 73
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10
JIC D100: 1d100 = 16

Sasha spends roughly half an hour working with the bag until, finally feeling worn out she half-collapses against it, hanging onto it for a moment while seeking to catch her breath, resting her cheek against the coarse surface for a long moment with her eyes closed. Finally though, with a little groan she straightens and pads slowly over to the bench where she'd left her towel and flops onto it, shifting her wings around a little to get comfortable. Peeling off the gloves, the young blonde woman places them aside and takes up the towel, wiping the sweat from her face and neck before laying it over her left shoulder. Leaning forward, Sasha settles her forearms against her knees, head drooping, letting the fatigue take over for a moment.

Finally, with another little groan she sits up, then stretches arms over her head for a moment, making a face. "Dammit." Sasha murmurs softly to herself, then takes up the gloves and carefully wipes them off. Another wipe of her face as she stands, making her way over to the storage area to hang the gloves up to dry out. After scooping up her her water-bottle and taking a long sip, Sasha exits the gym and moves into the common room, pausing at the vending machine to get a can of coke before even bothering to look around and see if anyone is present. Regardless of whether there is or not, Sasha takes a moment to brush her fingers through the now-lanky, sweaty blonde hair then gives it a little shake-out; if there is anyone present she'll offer casually-polite greeting(s) while settling at the conference table and popping open her drink. If there isn't, Sasha just flops down onto a chair and pillows her head onto her right arm, eyes close, while pressing the cold can against her neck and shoulder.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Crucible » Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm

rolls carried

Brute wrote:Clint nods. "Well... I'm the meat shield. I can take... a lot of punishment. A LOT. So... stand behind me if no other cover's available. We'll get you some good armor too."

"I can cast defensive spells. If we even have a moment to prep, I can extend this to protection and even flight if need be."

Brute wrote:Clint nods. "I can share my report on that mission. It was... not our usual gig." Clint swivels in his chair and pulls up his mission report, which he forwards to crucible's email account.

He turns back around to face the brit. "I've just sent you my after-action report. Feel free to read that at your leisure, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have afterwards."

Matthew takes a moment to check the email has arrived via his phone. If what he says is true, there may be a wealth of information. Would be typical of the Americans to hoard it."

quote="Brute"]"I'm... studying magic - not how to spellcast - I think that's probably well beyond me - but... the general knowledge. I can't answer any detailed questions about what I saw, but I can provide some eye-witness accounts. We've run into a fair amount of magic here in Century Station and on our missions. Our last Omega leader, in fact, was a wizard - Lexie Kent. She still works for CHIMERA, I think."[/quote]

"Things you have seen may promote development of new magics now they are known to exist."

After taking his leave, he spends a little bit of time looking around the base, familiarising himself and after qualifying on his weapons he makes his way to the main area.

Rook wrote:After scooping up her her water-bottle and taking a long sip, Sasha exits the gym and moves into the common room, pausing at the vending machine to get a can of coke before even bothering to look around and see if anyone is present. Regardless of whether there is or not, Sasha takes a moment to brush her fingers through the now-lanky, sweaty blonde hair then gives it a little shake-out; if there is anyone present she'll offer casually-polite greeting(s) while settling at the conference table and popping open her drink.

Matthew spots Rook as he passes and stops; best go say hello

"Excuse me, something tells me that you are one of my new teammates," he holds out his hand, "Matthew, pleased to meet you."

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Tom Cassidy » Wed May 27, 2020 5:21 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Crucible wrote:Matthew raises an eyebrow so much that it is obvious from over his sunglasses.

"That sounds like I need to pick your brains on what you have seen, get a full sense of what you have seen and that includes it would seem time travel?" Matthew sounds very interested in what Tom can tell him about these traditions of magic.

Crucible wrote:"I was going to ask about previous missions, but judging from comments by both Tom and yourself, I need to look into Temporal magics. This is probably not the best time, but when you do, I would like learn everything you saw, especially regarding magics. As for the spell you mentioned, I am aware of the spell you speak of, but it is not one that I currently know how to cast."

Tom chuckles. "Well, amigo, I'll give you the full story later if you want... but the nutshell is that I chased a dragon through a dimensional portal and wound up somewhere that was supposed to be close to the turn of the 25th century. Just like 'Buck Rogers,' only grittier." he shakes his head. "Don't know if it was the bona fide future or just an alternate dimension, but there was some industrial grade freaky stuff going on."

Brute wrote:He sighs. "Is... changing your codename ... something you're willing to do, or do we need to fight this?"

Tom shrugs. "What, you think I actually got to choose that codename in the first place? I got that handle slapped on me by the S.A.T.A.R. brass without so much as a 'hey-do-you-think-this-might-sound-good' from them. Sounds like you know the SLJ about as well as anyone else on the outside, so you know how they're all about that all-American theme. Heck, I didn't even know what a 'rampart' was until they gave it to me. And by the way, it's 'a defensive wall of a castle or walled city, having a broad top with a walkway and typically a stone parapet.'" He rolls his eyes. "I had to memorize that before our first presser."

He claps Brute on the shoulder. "Honestly, chief, I've kinda been expecting this since I got back last month and found out I was dead. Well, legally dead anyway. The brass made it clear that I wasn't going back to the SLJ. They disbanded the west coast team and they don't want to monkey with the main lineup. That's okay, I had a lot to time to think about it and I totally get the logic." He pauses for a moment with a too-thoughtful-to-be-legitimate expression. "And if dropping it means I don't have to wear those gawd-awful star-spangled uniforms again, that's a price I'm willing to pay." He belts out a laugh. "Anyway, I'm kinda fond of the name 'Barricade.' I've done some preliminary digging through the records and I haven't seen a mention to any super operating in Century Station using it. I figure you being the resident super groupie you'd know for sure. If there hasn't been a 'Barricade' yet, I say it's time the Omegas got the first."
Tom Cassidy

Previous

Return to Adventures