GIRLS in Merctown

Underguard

GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Underguard »

Merctown Conditions wrote:Time: 2300
Conditions: 48 degrees, Clear, brusk and slightly chilly outside.
The GIRLS return to the Hanger with no issues.

Jez finds Cordelia passed out and James lounging in the main room; she notes immediately that Alexandra is nowhere to be found. Cordelia is rousing slightly from all the commotion.

The GIRLS have the evening to handle any last minute administrative stuff between bunk assignment or signing folks on, as well as pinging Harkin with the requested address.
Lucille Davis

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy smirks to herself noting that the G.I.R.L.S. Hanger is still not hot pink as they arive back. "Votar ukweeav votar! she mutters to herself without thinking of whether anyone can understand her.

Tired though she is, she decides to have a quick examination of their new acquisition from Harkin and Brooks. She bids those that are headed to bed, "Mir nighav!", and wondered back to the Hanger workshop. She tidies up onw of the less cluttered work benches, sets the silvery alien canister on top, and pulls up a chair. "Ok now, let's see what we have here."
Gobbley
Home sweet home!

Good night!
She opens the canister, removes the bullet, and then having a sudden thought, she decides to psychically examine the silver alien canister first to get a sense of just who they are now working for. She takes a couple of calming breaths to center herself and then opens her mind to the psychic field of the silvery canister, seeking any deeper information that has adhered to its psychic substance.

Object Read (6 ISP)
  • Impressions: 64% / [dice]0[/dice]
Once she is satisfied with her impressions of the case, she turns her attention to potentially mysterious bullet. "Nothing more than a .50 caliber silver bullet, eh? We'll see about that." She again settles her mind into psychic substance, hunting for a deeper sense of the bullets function, purpose, and perhaps of more immediacy, its prior owner. Regardless of whether the munition reveals any of its past secrets to her, she pushes further with her psychic probe. Ok you bastard, where are you now?

Object Read (6 ISP + 4 ISP for Present)
  • Impressions: 64% / [dice]2[/dice]
    Present: 46% / [dice]4[/dice]
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]
JIC: [dice]1[/dice]
JIC: [dice]2[/dice]

Cordelia is alerted to the groups return by the noise of their entrance. She get up to meet them. "So Ill assume that by your appearance that no one else exploded on you. she smirked. "Jezebel ma'am. I have some errands to run today if its okay. I need to pick up my armor and some things that I lost last mission." Cordelia will wait for a reply and then scout out the kitchen for coffee and toast for breakfast. She will wait and enjoy her morning until it is a good time to go shopping. She feels fine. Of course I dont have a hangover. I barfed all the alcohol up.

Cordelia changes clothes and makes herself presentable and heads out to pick up her suit from Naruni. She then makes her way back to get a cheap laptop good for typing and to replace the note books, pencils and all items lost in her backpack when the dragon attacked her. The very thought of it blows her mind. I was in the dragons fire and I lived to talk about it. I was hot, It sucked, But i made it with little repercussions She smiles. She buys more paints too. She has an idea and she hails a ride back to the hangar.
The hangar is kind of drab from the street. She takes her paints and starts painting a sign. ART 70% [dice]3[/dice] She paints a scroll that reads "G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown". She paints a big pink heart behind it with a crossed sword and arrow behind that. She finishes it with a wreath of thorned roses.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: [dice]1[/dice]/[dice]2[/dice]
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Cyber-Eye on bullet if allowed (Macro-Zoom, thermal, various light filters)

On the way out of One Eyed Jacks, Megan checks on the stats of the raffle she had entered to see when the winner would be picked (assuming that it hadn't happened already), and if she needed to be there in case she won. Assuming that she wins and that they will deliver, she lists the G.I.R.L.S. hangar as the place for the prize to be delivered.

Upon returning to the hangar that she had been to briefly before, she asks Jez "So does this mean I'm officially hired on to your crew? If so, where can I rack up for the night?" Megan will proceed to the indicated room, half fall into bed with the light on and the door still partially open, and almost immediately pass out. Megan will wake up early partially due to her sleeping position and decide to stay up. She closes the door (if someone else already hadn't) and undresses out of her black fatigues before bathing. While in the shower, she will stretch as much as the stall will allow her and let the hot water pour over her sore muscles from sleeping wrong. After toweling off, she will continue to go through a series of stretches in her dorm until she feels limbered up for the day and gets into a pair of ripped denim pants and a cutoff t-shirt.

Going down to the kitchen, Megan decides to make a pot of coffee and cook breakfast. If anyone comes in, she'll cook them something up as well. (Cooking [dice]3[/dice]/52%) After breakfast, Megan will go over to where Lucille is examining the bullet and asks if she can inspect it as well. Putting on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, she will look at it using her cybernetic eye for any peculiarities while trying to figure out what type of weapon fires the bullet. (I'm thinking Recognizing Weapon Quality is the closest skill to what I am trying to do with identifying the gun that shoots that type of bullet. Recognize Weapon Quality [dice]4[/dice]/57%)
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

[Before leaving]
Megan finds herself the winner of the raffle, much to the ire of several others who purchased multiple tickets. She leaves the address of the hanger with the staff for her prize to be delivered, then returns with the GIRLS.

The crew returns to the Hanger and rummages around for a bit before everyone either bunks down or losses themselves in their own tasks. Lucille is quick to excuse herself to an isolated corner of the room where she conducts her own investigation of the bullet and container it is in [PM sent], she ends up falling asleep much later than the others. Susan likewise moves back to her room and begins a clinical analysis of the purloined DNA that runs throughout the night. She's familiar that professional organizations can take between 4-8 weeks to fully sequence genetic material. Luckily it won't take her that long, but it does run well into the morning; Susan can gauge it'll be at least another 24 hours.

Before Jez is able to storm off to catch some shut eye, Valrun and Megan grab her attention and and the two briefly discuss administration stuff before Jez waves her off and heads to bed after pointing out a room where both Megan Valrun can bunk. They both head to their respective rooms, resigned to wait for formal paperwork, if there is any of that, for the following day. For now, they had a place to stay at least. Cordelia rouses in time to see everyone racking back out, she follows suit. Valrun leaves immediately in the dead of night, heading towards the Collegiate; if the demi-god is confident of one thing, it's that they run at all hours.

[Valrun at the Collegiate at around midnight]
Valrun makes sure she has a radio keyed to the GIRLS frequency before departing. During Valrun's trip, about thirty minutes after she left, she hears sirens off in the distance reminiscent of the Defenders, though pays it no mind as she arrives at the Collegiate around midnight. Valrun is certainly impressed by the Collegiate Arcane and Guild Hall. It resembles something out of older times, well before technology become dominant. As she approaches, she is immediately struck by the presence of not one, but two Major Elementals, one of Aerial and the other of Earthly descent.

The Earth Elemental stands easily forty feet tall as a large stone/mud giant, and standing beside it is an equally stall swirling vortex of wind and electricity with a pair of ethereal eyes. The shifter in her feels an intense presence from the beings, and she garners some degree of respect for whomever summoned and controls such creatures without needing to be present. She has a degree of knowledge that these beings are likely guardians and want her to state her business, so she does so, and they allow passage into the Collegiate.

Once inside, she is greeted by an older human male who identifies himself as Cantamen, just Cantamen; the Collegiate Keeper. He wears a brown robe and has thin white hairs; he is the picture of a wizened mage. He introduces her to the rules of the Collegiate. "The annual fee is 3,000 credits for membership. We also encourage the donation of artifacts and other magical items that are not being used; such donations are remembered with distinction. There are a few terms with the membership; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. We can handle the annual fee right now if you are able, and please sign the book." He states, matter of factly. He listens to her further questions and continues; "The Collegiate can provide Room and Board for an additional fee, as well as private rooms for research or practice. Depending on your purpose, such rooms vary in cost, and all are rented for no less than six hours. A simple research room for six hours is 500 credits, and would be about the space of your average office; we have larger rooms for more advanced magics that run 1,000 per block. Our rooms all have access to the local Nexus for ease of casting. We have an open block coming up in the morning for a larger room. Would that interest you, say, 6am?" Cantamen states. Valrun notes that his questions are more like statements than actual questions; he talks like a tenured professor is talking to a student. She has to wait til 6am to use such a room, at least at this point in time, though she finds time to spend in the library.

What're you doing?
[Morning at the Hanger]
Jezebel and Susan are the first to rouse, or rather, start moving. Jezebel being obnoxiously loud jars Susan out of her analysis. Jezebel heads out, followed shortly by Susan and Cordelia. Megan awakens and makes herself food, with most of the crew already gone, she makes herself a nice hearty breakfast and also checks for the delivery. She finds a large toughbox outfront of the Hanger that is securely sealed and keyed to her unique Secured Universal Card.
Winnings

Code: Select all

[color=#4000FF][b]ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor[/b] (Patron Item)[/color]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/10/27/20171027234951-ea5e6002.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helmet: 50
[*]Arms: 35 each
[*]Legs: 50 each
[*]Main Body: 100[/list]
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: +10% to prowl, palming, and concealment skills; no modifiers to physical skills
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]Experimental Cloaking Technology
[*]Functional equivalent of the [i]Cloaking[/i] major super power (p.256, HU2)
[*]Cloak is the functional equivalent of 1st level; does not increase with experience[/list][/size]
Ecstatic, she spends time suiting that thing up however she deems fit. Once she's content, around 9am, she moves to where Lucille is hanging out and finds the young Techno-Wizard passed out at the workstation. She does examine the bullet briefly, and the bullet is shockingly cold, doesn't seem hollow or like it'd have multiple parts (shell, casing, etc), and that it seems designed for a long-arm rifle; possibly Naruni or Triax design; she can't tell without more. It's at this point, with Megan standing right next to her, that Lucille jumps awake as though she just had a nightmare. Lucille hurriedly glances at the clock and sees it ring 9:03am.

[Susan at the Titan Robotics]
Susan finds what looks like a passable manager on site and immediate informs him of her request. It's early, 7am. The large human, that has more cybernetics installed than some may feel comfortable seeing, focuses one of his cybernetic eyes on her. After a moment, he nods, Susan didn't need to do much explaining. "You've already got the basic one; you want the advanced one I take it. Well, I can certainly install it, but it comes at a price. 27.6k; including installation. Installation will take a few hours, if you want that this second, which it seems you do. Also, one other thing. This is experimental; and a very valued item. After a week, come back and let me run a scan on it; consider it a... product quality check. We can hock the basic one, I'll give ya 50% retail since it's in good condition and your a doc yourself. Consider it a professional courtesy, don't go telling no one. So, your cost up front is 23,600." Susan bites the bullet and agrees, losing almost all of her money but gaining a great boon.

The Doc leads her to a operating room in the back that looks upkept, but run down, full of enough cybernetic material to make the young cyber-doc weak in the knees. She lays down on the table and hears him say; "Okay, you'll be out for a couple hours. Count to three." He states, Susan doesn't even get the chance to hit one before she is out cold.

She wakes up with a splitting headache, rotated and sitting in the chair in the room. As soon as she wakes up, she spots a light change color in the corner of the room and a few seconds later the doc walks in. "Excellent. You recovered. Surgery took a little over two hours to properly remove the former piece and install the new one. You might feel a headache begin to form here in a few minutes, I suggest you get back to a bed and get something to eat. When the headache hits you, it'll floor you. Pain meds won't help much, sorry. But, it'll only last for an hour or so." With that, he walks Susan out and sends her on her way.

Susan arrives at the hanger around 9:20am (ten minutes before Jez) and sees the trio of girls in the corner.

What're you doing?
[Cordelia out shopping]
Visiting a few shops, Cordelia tracks down a small portable computer for 800 credits, it's used but it's portable and suitable until she decides to buy a more applicable one. She can also replace all of her art supplies for 20 credits before returning to the hanger at around 8am; it didn't take her long. She spends the next hour or so making a sign for the GIRLS Hanger. She finishes the sign a few minutes before her attention is drawn to the sound of Lucille waking up rather abruptly across the hanger. Cordelia finds her way over to where Megan and Lucille are hovered around the bullet, Lucille looks a little flustered.
Portable Computer, R:UE, Page 262
Computer, Portable: This is a fully functioning computer that is about the size of an opened paperback book or the size of an average human's hands placed together. When closed, the handle can be folded 262 up and the entire unit can easily fit in most jacket pockets. The com­puter can be powered by a small, rechargeable battery (about 24 hours of life) or plugged into an electrical outlet. A hard copy of text can be printed out on the thermal-paper printer, but a magnifying glass is needed to read the tiny print. The computer can also be plugged into most video and cybernetic systems for use as a video monitor. Remov­able memory storage can take a variety of forms, including CD-ROMs, micro-ROMs, memory tabs, memstiks, or any of the other amazing in­formation storage options developed during the time before the Rifts. The display for such small computers might be as simple as a tiny LCD screen, or it might be a miniature holographic projector, or it might simply link into a set of VR goggles or one's cybernetic eyes. Input might be through a keyboard (how low-tech!), running a stylus or fin­ger across the screen, voice commands, mental interface (a popular op­tion for cyborgs), etc. Weight: From a few ounces to one pound (0.45 kg). Cost: 800
[Jezebel at Naruni and Beyond]
Jezebel successfully places an order for reinforced fatigues and a repair order. She is told the repairs will be done tomorrow, and the new orders will be completed the following day due to custom design. It's very akin to an armored jumpsuit, and the repairs cost her about 6k, while the three additional each cost 18k. (Total for these assuming no bartering down the price is 60k)

She then heads to to Naruni and successfully finds both items she was looking for practically on the shelves waiting for her. Total cost is 214,000.

After dropping 274,000 in one run, she returns to base and finds herself there around 9:30. When Jezebel returns, she doesn't spot Susan, Valrun nor Alexandra, but she does see Megan, Lucille and Cordelia in the back of the hanger.
Jezebel Purchases

Code: Select all

[b]N-F50A Superheavy Force Field[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083952-11ab7367.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Force Field: 160[/list]
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]6 hour duration per E-clip[/list]
Book Reference: p.122, DB2[/size]
NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
  • Range: 60'
  • Damage: 1D6x10 M.D. per each plasma round
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: Four shot magazine of NE-004PC Heavy Plasma Cartridges. Cannot substitute lighter rounds.
  • Weight: 8 lbs.
  • Features:
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Pistol
    • P.S. of 18-24: -1 to strike
    • P.S. 25+ (or Bionic or Robotic P.S. of 20+): no penalty
    • P.S. >18: -5 to strike & suffer knockdown when gun is fired
  • Book Reference: p.25, DB8

ADF Fatigues (NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit) ==== (This what what I used for the Fatigues; if you want something else, we can handwavium it.)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25

Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight Helmet includes built-in radio and Nightvision goggles

Book Reference: p.77-78, WB 33

[The Hanger @ 9:30]
Jezebel finds Lucille, Megan and Cordelia around the bullet. She also spotted Susan wobbling around, clutching her head. Valrun is no where to be seen. Alexandra has yet to return as well. James appears to be cleaning a weapon.

What're you doing?

Gm Note: All credits deducted. I did Not Add Items to your sheets. Please do that yourselves and clean up your equipment sheets. I'm not as lax as some GMs, and like tidey equipment sheets. You'll find I am quiet benevolent when they are clean.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: [dice]1[/dice] / [dice]2[/dice]

Lucy murmurs in a groggy half daze, "Murder..." A glimpse of Megan staring at her shocks her awake, an after-image of red eyes temporarily hovering over Megan's. "Ack!" she yelps. "Mummu! Whaav shal Gruumsh's name! ... Hiuk moavher’uk, girl, you frightened me! Don't sneak up on someone half-dazed from doing a psychic reading like that. You're likely to get your brain melted!"

She then recalls her vision. "Oh skator. Where is Jez? I need to debrief her." Still clutching her head, Lucy asks for Cordelia, too. "I've got some images in my head that I need her to sketch for the group."
Gobbley
Whaav shal Gruumsh's name! = What in Gruumsh's name!

Hiuk moavher’uk = His mother's (damn it)

skator = hell
Once Jez arrives, Lucy explains what she has been up to. "It's a mental probe into the psychic substance of the objects," she explains unhelpfully. "Um, look, it lets me see images and get impressions of those who have, um, been associated with the object. Anyways, I did two readings last night, and boy are my eyes tired!" She snorts to herself, and likely achieving no other positive response to her joke, she continues.

"I first examined the casing, thinking it might be a good idea to investigate just who we are working with. And I saw in my mind's eye an alien, not sure what kind, never seen one like it before, but it was with Brooks and Harkin, so I guess that's our mysterious client."

"My reading on the bullet went much deeper - maybe something about the specific psychic impressions left on the bullet? I don't know. For starters, the bullet itself doesn't seem to be psychic or magical, at least no enchantments that I can detect - I'll try some further mystical and technological scans on it later today once my head stops throbbing." She continues to rub her temples to clear some pressure.

"More importantly were the impressions and images I got. Whoever manufactured this was *ni bad guausan*," she emphasizes each word. "Um, you know, one bad... hombre? Whoever he is, he's still alive and still... um, well, evil. I think I caught a image of him, or maybe someone around him? Sort of tentacle-headed, but with an anthro-body? Not sure who he is."

"There was a second someone too, and I'm pretty sure that he shot some guy dead with this bullet - definitely had the impression of this guy dying." She goes a bit pale at the recollection. "There was some, um, running around then and then I saw Harkin and Brooks removing the bullet from this guy and put it into the canister we have here. It was all so very... trippy."

"But there was more! As I was probing the bullet light night, I was able to get a grasp of a co-current event. Whoever last owned this bullet was at the Devilman Exotic Arms just before midnight - I could just make out the sign for the shop. It was empty except for a single devilman - funny looking guy, you know, horns on the head?" She puts her index fingers up to imitate devil horns sprouting from her own head. "Anyways, the former bullet owner was obscured to my psychic sight, some kind of psychic interference mechanism? Certainly less than a psychic mind block would have created. I could only make out a silhouette, but I saw a long blade emerge and stab the poor devilman in the ribcage." She pauses, tilting her head to the side. "You know, I think the devilman tried to scream, but the sound he made was muffled. That's not how I want to go out at all." She shivers at the thought.

"Now this was spooky. Suddenly at the end of my vision I saw a pair of red eyes staring at me. I mean really at me, as if this obfuscated silhouetted guy could *see* me. ME!" she exclaims with a finger jabbing herself in the chest and her eyes wide. "That can't be good - he might know that we're one to him. But I am certain that whoever this was was the one who committed the two murders I saw."

She sighs, exhausted, but continues. "If my visions were correct, then we should find the devilman body and the blade that killed him left at the scene of the crime - the Devilman Exotic Arms. I'd love to get some real rest, but that corpse isn't going to just lie there forever untouched. Should we gear up for an investigation?" And to Susan, she says, "Before you even ask, yes - his head is still intact."
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Current Effects, Other:

Before making breakfast, Megan sees the crates with her winnings and suits up in the armor and puts the battle harness on, spending a few minutes transferring things to it from her utility belt, then sneaks around to tests everything out, then finally goes to the mirror to check herself out wearing it. (Prowl [dice]3[/dice]/52%)

Listening to Lucy's briefing on the bullet, Megan says "I think that the killer might be trying to change their MO. Up until now every murder has been with a rifle that fires bullets similar to that, but their effects are different. So now they are changing their tactics, perhaps using a method that won't leave evidence behind to be psychically examined. Where do you want me, boss? With you or doing something else?" Megan looks around but finds that Jez has already taken off.
Last edited by Megan Price on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

[Valrun at the Collegiate]

Valrun pays her fees, finds time in the library and loses herself to the books there, though she finds little to nothing on Spirits of Light. Closer to a530am rolls around, and Cantamen approaches her in the library. "It seems the prior occupant was done early, and as you have been waiting patiently, consider this extra time an act of courtesy. Please do not do anything brazen, lest the council gets involved." He states, rather cryptically, but leaves without further explanation.

Once she is alone, she proceeds to channel the ambient energies to fashion a communication rift. As she opens the rift on the nexus point, she watches it fluctuate and pulse as it grows wider than an average communication rift often does. She knows she's connected to the realm where the spirits of light call home, and she can feel an ebb of power emanate from the gateway that is now before her.

She feels a presence on the other side of the gateway; a powerful one. A distorted voice filters through the portal that she can hear loud and clear. "State your intentions." The voice seems to echo off the walls.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Lucy does a double take as Jez interrupts her, announces her commands, and then sprints out of the room. "Happy to have helped! Will do with Cordelia - and a memory projector!!" she yells at a rapidly disappearing Jez.

She turns back to the rest of the group and finishes up her revelations. When Susan responds with 'I got a cyber in my brain', Lucy goes wide eyed. "Well, that's not the response I was expecting... hrm... no healing magic per se. I should add that to my list of spells to learn... Wait. Aren't you the doctor here?"

To Megan, she says, "Oh right! Good point about the MO. Glad we've got someone around for an eye to detail."

Yawning involuntarily, Lucy again realizes how tired she is. Where's Cordelia? Once I get these sketches out of my head I'm going to need to catch forty winks.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia having finally finished her painting wipes her hands on a rag she keeps with her art supplies and makes her way to the kitchen. She needs to wash out her brushes and clean up before venturing out to continue her day. As she approaches she hears people talking in the kitchen and what sounds like cursing in Gobbley. Cordelia knows languages, but not that. what the crap was that
She is still carrying also all her new bought supplies, as well as her wet brushes. She starts washing paint off her and her stuff and listens in to the conversation. She is at a loss as to what is going on. She continues to just listen and wash. She gets the idea as it is mentioned that she should make a sketch. oo I can do that She shakes her hands off, pours some coffee, and pulls out her new sketch pad and pencils.
Cordelia comes to Lucille and sits next to her. "Okay honey, tell me about this bad hombre. Describe him slowly and leave out no detail." She then begins to draw what is explained to her. Asking some questions about features to fill in spaces.
Art 70% [dice]3[/dice]
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

[Valrun; still early in the morning]

There is a reverberating hum that seems to emanate from the rift. Valrun watches the rift before her fluctuate due to the proximity of such a potent nexus; within a minute of her statement, she sees a form begin to take shape from the Rift. Valrun is able to figure that, due to her location on a nexus, the communication rift she created blossomed into a full blown gateway between the locations, and whatever called out to her is now stepping through.

The demi-god, tall though she may be among human-kind, immediately finds herself dwarfed by what can only be described as one of the most perfect and divine looking beings in the megaverse. Standing approximately 15 feet tall and nearly touching the ceiling of the larger room, a man of bronze-like tanned skin and gorgeous pure white hair is now looking down upon her wearing no more than a hakama style robe from the waist down; the iris's in his eyes have a pure, glowing blue hue to them and they seem to pierce her very core.
Tharsis
Aecor.png
Aecor.png (180.44 KiB) Viewed 74927 times
"You hunt an assassin. Interesting." He speaks, his voice powerful, though soft and his eyes never leaving Valrun. "You are of deific heritage, and your cause is just. You are young. Not yet ready to attempt to bind one such as myself." He leans down over her, then kneels to look her in the eyes. Valrun feels awed by this being, she has seen deific beings before but not in this manner; this tharsis is quite imposing. "I am Aecor, and I can help hunt this assassin, Parva Deum. Tell me what you know, how I can help, and what exactly you want from this agreement."

[Hanger]

Megan is not quiet in her new armor, must take some getting used too. As Lucille gives her briefing, Jez's internal alarm pings and she quickly dolls out orders and then rockets to her hornet and takes off; none of the others seem to follow her lead immediately though.

Susan is left with a throbbing headache and tries some caffeine and combines it with sugar, knowing that such a combination helps with brain performance if only for the short term. Her headache lessens slightly as she heads to the door to find only a single hornet and Cordelia's Salamandar left, vehicle wise. Her and Megan both seem apt to follow Jezebel, though they must either walk, call a cab, or use Cordelia's Salamandar.

Cordelia and Lucille connect and try to work out some sketches of what she saw, but Lucille can't seem to describe them very well to start. Cordelia does sketch a mock up of a Dnorr Devilman from memory, but neither of the other two aliens described ring any sort of bell for her. Cordelia isn't even sure she's seen an alien with tentacles on their head.

[Jezebel]

Jezebel takes off, kicking the hornet into full gear in effort to try to save the life of Zo'Wor, the only Dnorr Devilman she knows and the owner of that shop. If Merctown had speed limits, she'd have broken them but she arrives at the site in under five minutes. Hopping off her bike, she notes immediately that the front door is slightly ajar, and the lights are off inside, the Open sign is off; she feels her gut drop. She looks around and also notices that, while normally a popular place, there are no patrons that seem to be heading towards the Devilman's Exotic Arms. No signs of Defender activity either, she's likely the first on the scene.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
Lore: D-Bee 65% [dice]3[/dice]
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 65% [dice]4[/dice]
"I thought you said this was a devilman." Her drawing looks like a cartoon description of the boogeyman.
"Is it horns or tentacles?"
"What do his eyes look like?"
"It is a male?... Right?"
She uses a large eraser and backs up a bit. She tries to coax the fading image from Lucilles mind.
I need to slow down and not get ahead of her
She takes a deep breath and focuses.
Art 70% [dice]5[/dice]
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:
Cordelia wrote:Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
Lore: D-Bee 65% [dice]1372074:3[/dice]
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 65% [dice]1372074:4[/dice]
"I thought you said this was a devilman." Her drawing looks like a cartoon description of the boogeyman.
She uses a large eraser and backs up a bit. She tries to coax the fading image from Lucilles mind.
Art 70% [dice]1372074:5[/dice]
Megan pips up with "I thought she said the Devilman was the victim." Turning to the rest of the group, she says "Who's got a ride big enough for the rest of us to all fit in? Or maybe two rides if we have to break it up. I can operate tanks, APC's, and all manner of hover bikes."

Listening to Lucille recount the appearance of the attacker, Megan tries to figure out what manner of creature it is. (Lore: Demons & Monsters [dice]3[/dice]/57%, Lore: D-Bees [dice]4[/dice]/52%)
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
"No no no. Like Megan said, the devilman was the victim." Lucy squints at the sketches Cordelia. "And it was more tentacles instead of a nose/mouth. But still had eyes," she says, pointing at the second alien picture.

When Megan mentions a ride, Lucy pops up from the sketches. "Oh right, my mountaineer can seat five. I'll drive!!" she squeals, her exhaustion temporarily forgotten. She stands up and begins finishing around her pockets for her keys. "Cordelia, do you think we can do this on the road?"
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

[Valrun]
The Tharsis looks down impatiently at the demi-god. Within seconds, the Tharsis's large fifteen foot size seems to shrink to around eight feet. Still standing taller than Valrun, though now closer to eye level. It looks slightly more imposing as it closes the distance between them and stands less than a foot away from Valrun. "Do not waste my time, Parva Deum. Speak now, or I will leave you on your quest alone." He says, rather coldly.

[The Hanger]
Everyone hops into the Mountaineer. Lucille does her best to describe on the go, but Cordelia is having a challenging time pegging what exactly this is as she draws in the back of the mountaineer. She's positive at this point what she is describing is not a creature of magic; and her rendering of what Lucille describes is rather skewed. Cordelia got one thing right on her rendering, in that there was tentacles in the place of the mouth, but her rendering shows them as long squid like tentacles and she cannot for the life of her think of an alien or creature that fits this description so far.

Meanwhile, Susan and Megan hop in the Mountaineer as Megan tries to decipher what Lucille is describing. She too is fairly confident it is not a demon nor a monster in nature, what it is seems extremely elusive in their memories. There is a good chance that no one has actually seen what Lucille is describing.

[Jezebel]
Jez quickly sends out a ping to the Defenders and draws her weapon before walking inside the dark shop quietly. She doesn't spot anything out of the ordinary at first and there is no signs of an altercation whatsoever. As she moves further into the shop, she clears the main room and finds a back room also partially ajar. Her eyes adjusted to the dark like she is accustomed too, she spots a silhouette hunched and kneeling down over a body in the back room. As she steps further in, she can hear strained breathing from the hunched over silhouette as the voice of Zo'wor breaks the silence.

"Did you come back to finish the job?" She hears his cracked voice ahead of her, obviously from the hunched over silhouette. She does see a pistol on the ground next to Zo'wor and the body, but he makes no efforts to grab it, and instead just sits there. Jezebel then hears the hum of the mountaineer outside and the sound of people filtering in behind her.

[Everyone Else]
The trip across town takes a few minutes, and as Lucille pulls up, they all see the ajar door frame leading into a dark interior. Lucille has a minor moment where she freezes at seeing the sign hanging as she remembers the sight of the murder and they all rush out. As they begin to enter, they find a dark lobby and no signs of movement.

Megan, upon entering, thanks to her multi-optic eye, does spot Jezebel's silhouette in the back of the room, leaning on a doorway and peering into a back room.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Perception: [dice]0[/dice] Cordelia 60%

Cordelia is totally lost now. She is busily listening to Lucille and sketching, so she has no idea what else is going on.
" Wait, where are we going? do I need my suit or a gun? Im just wearing my forcefield. Does this look more like the alien you see?" She holds up the picture as she is ushered out the door to the Mountaineer, and then into the cab. " I'm not ready. Are we going to eat? We aren't going to that same place as last night in the Mystic Quarter are we? If we are. I'm not going." Susan lays across her lap "You dont look so good Doc. Do you need something? I just cleaned my own vomit off of me, I dont need yours too. You aren't going to puke on me are you."
She chatters aimlessly as she sketches the tentacled being. She does not know of any real life creature like this. It looks like something she saw on the cover of a fiction book. She never read the book, it scared her.
As they arrive at the location, Cordelia sees the dark building.
"Um.. Yeah.. I think I will just stay in the car if thats okay with y'all. I am totally not ready for anything. "
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

[At the Hangar]

Lucy hops up into the driver seat and pulls her radio. "Jez, the G.I.R.L.S. are on their way - my Mountaineer. T minus ... some small number of minutes. Please no friendly fire on our inbound!" Once all are in she revs the engines and pulls out of the hanger.

Lucy eyes the road on their way, occasionally glancing over at Cordelia's sketching attempts. "Well, kind of like that, but bigger and *scarier*," she unhelpfully comments as they catch a pothole and the Mountaineer bounces wildly. "Sorry gals! Oh. Sorry Susan!!" she says shrilly, pitching her voice in the direction of the back seat passengers.

[Arriving at the Devilman Exotic Arms]

After a tense few minutes, the Mountaineer finally rounds the corner to the Devilman Exotic Arms. The sign to the shop is a harrowing harbinger for Lucy, who slams on the breaks a bit harder than needed, lurching the girls forward to a sudden halt. "Eep!" she squeals out involuntarily. "Sorry Susan! Again!!"

She piles out with everyone minus a still unwell Cordelia. "The radio is here, this dial controls... well, you get it. Keep an eye on by baby here - and please don't throw up on her seats, dear." Now out under the morning sunlight she gives the area a visual scan. Wonder if we're being watched... She pulls down her goggles and murmurs the words to tune the filaments to reveal any unseen presences (See the Invisible, 4 PPE, Duration: 4 minutes), and scans the area a second time before following Megan inside.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other: Multi-optic eyes [Thermal Imaging]

As soon as Megan's weight is settled into a seat in Lucille's vehicle, she makessure to strap in. Looking over at Susan, Megan says "You're looking a little green around the gills doc? Is it because you haven't eaten yet? I definitely ate this morning, eggs with runny yolks. Mm, so delicious!" Megan feels the Mountaineer bounce as it hits a pothole, forcing her to grab onto something to stabelize her so her head doesn't hit the window. Looking at Lucille, Megan asks "You dodging ghosts, girl?", giving the Techno-Wizard a wink with her cybernetic eye.

Upon arriving at their destination, Megan activates her cybernetic eyes thermal imaging to let her see in the dark. "Hey Jez, the rest of us G.I.R.L.S. are here to back you up!" Megan calls out as she draws out her vibro-sword and vibro-knife.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

[Valrun]
The Tharsis listens to Valrun explain what she can and slowly circles the demigod. Valrun isn't sure if this is a form of haggling, or just the tharsis examining her. "I sense the truth in what you say; you truly do not know more." Valrun isn't sure if its just the presence of the tharsis or what, but her head throbs mildly as it returns in front of her. "I need nothing from you; it is enough for me to rid this world of such a fiend. Very well, I will aid you, for now. We can revisit the terms of our agreement upon this assassin's death." He states, and extends a hand to shake which Valrun accepts.

"I will follow you, though you will not see me until you need me, unless, you really look." Aecor says softly, and seemingly disappears from sight though Valrun can certainly feel his presence. Lead on. She hears the voice of Aecor manifest in her thoughts.

Valrun then leaves the room with the tharsis seemingly in tow, and finds the keeper who directs her to a small office with the word 'Commeatus' on it, though below that term is the word Supplies in common tongue. She's able to find basic animal skin parchment paper for her spell inscriptions, several trinkets and several small wooden cases designed to hold scrolls safely. Returning to her rented room, she is able to create the items she wants and secures them in her traveling pack.

Then, she heads over to the Hanger to find James alone there, close to 0945am. He looks up and waves, a weapon in his lap. "You just missed everyone. I'm holding down the Hanger. Everyone else ran to Devilman's Exotic Arms. Another hit happened last night. Might want to get over there if you plan to stay on Jez's good side." James suggests nonchalantly and Valrun departs.

[Devilman's Exotic Arms]
Lucille, Megan and Susan head inside and follow Jez's instructions, securing the area. Megan goes in first with thermal optics and is able to see body heat from Jezebel, though nothing else in the store. Vibroblade and knife in hand, she slowly scours the room and finds nothing amiss, no signs of struggle. Lucille follows Megan inside and provides rear support for her, but she also doesn't see anything immediately.

Susan is hardly able to see at all, but luckily the voice of Jez calling out to her and the relative layout of the room allows her to make it to Jez without an issue. The light filtering in from outside providing enough ambient light to make it to the back. She adheres to Jez's command and kneels next to the body of a devilman, and a kneeling one who has hardly moved. He looks at Susan and Susan can see a pair of eyes that seem to almost glow amid the darker room and it almost startles her as the demonic-like eyes look at her. Susan takes a moment and looks over Zo'wor and does not see any injuries, then she looks over the motionless body on the ground.

The Devilman, Zo'war, stands as Susan looks over the body and turns to face Jezebel. "I'm fine. He- he isn't. Damn kid. I told him to lock up well before midnight, and now he's dead." Zo'war says, and walks over to the corner of the room near Jez and hits a switch on the wall; nothing happens. "Killed my damn power too." Zo'war says through gritted teeth.

[Outside]
Cordelia elects to remain outside not having anything but a forceshield on her and watches the perimeter with a sharp eye. She sees several passersby seem to take an noticeable interest in their presence, but otherwise they are avoided. After everyone makes their way inside, Cordelia shifts her field of view again and is almost positive she sees a figure watching from an alleyway across the roadway. It's then that she spots a beautiful woman approaching the mountaineer directly. She doesn't recognize her immediately, but she was out most of the night. She is pretty sure Jez signed on one or two new hires.

Valrun arrives at the Devilman's Exotic Arms to see a familiar mountaineer vehicle and a woman inside it, the entrance into Devilman's Exotic Arms is dark, but open.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is feeling inadequate. She drew the alien to the best of her ability, it still looks like nothing she has ever seen. Maybe I just need a better description She tries to make it look "bigger and scarier" as it was described. Cordelia is also kind of angry. "Dont throw up on her seats dear " she says in exaggerated mockery. She draws more to fix the picture Art 70% [dice]3[/dice]
This is when she looks up and sees onlookers. She stops what she is doing and examines the crowd. No one near the door looks like an issue. The person across the way in the alley, looks suspicious. I wish I had a camera She quickly flips the page in her notebook and sketches the person in the alley as best as she can see her. Art 70% [dice]4[/dice] As she sketches she fumbles the radio in the mountaineer.
"Hey y'all. Heads up there is a shadey looking onlooker scoping us out"
She then spots the biggest hot blonde ever approaching the door.
Damn
" And there is a supermodel looking warrior coming in on you"
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Condition: See the Invisible [Duration: 4 min]

[The Devilman Exotic Arms]
Jezebel wrote:Jez slips her goggles back on over eyes, "Megan, see if you can restore power to the shop. Failing that, grab someone by the ear who can. Let's illuminate the place so you can all see better."
Lucy's ears perk up. "Oh! Grab my ear Megan!" she says as she pulls out her flashlight and begins hunting around for encased power cords on the walls and ceiling. "Um, Mr Devilman sir, which way to your power junction?"

Skills to diagnose and restore power to the Devilman Exotic Arms:
Basic Mechanics 69% / [dice]3[/dice]
Basic Electronics 64% / [dice]4[/dice]
Jury-Rig 44% / [dice]5[/dice]

And in case the problem proves to be a bit more difficult:
Mechanical Engineer 64% / [dice]6[/dice]
Electrical Engineering 64% / [dice]7[/dice]
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other: Cybernetic Eye (Thermal Imaging), Ultra Ear (Listening for sounds of possible danger)

Megan looks round the room for a power switch and tries it a couple of times, just to make sure that isn't the problem. She walks through the store looking for a power junction box inside the store, looking to see if there is any damage done to it, then opening it to see if any of the circuit breakers have been tripped. (General Maintenance & Repair: [dice]3[/dice]/42%) If nothing seems to be tripped in the power junction box, Megan will continue her investigations outside, looking for where the power comes into the building seeing if it had been tampered with from there.

Either way, she will go back and get Lucille, sliding an arm behind her back to guide her first to the power junction box. If there was anything wrong, she will higlight the problem to Lucille. If Megan didn't find anything wrong, she lets Lucille look over it with expert eyes to see if there was anything that she overlooked. If Lucille doesn't find anything amiss there, Megan will then lead her outside to where the power enters the building at for her to inspect that, unless Megan already knows that the problem is there in which case she will lead Lucille directly there.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 10:00am (10 minutes have passed)
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds
Cordelia seems to having extreme difficulties putting to paper what Lucille has described, even thinking on it waiting outside. Though, she does attempt a quick sketch of the figure she saw in the alleyway, and while far away, noted two distinct things. The eyes seemed to have a metallic reflection and have a reddish tinge to them and they were hooded with what looked like a rebreather or other sort of facial covering. The figure is gone when Cordelia turns to look at Valrun, though she has a rough sketch.

Valrun for her part, acknowledges the Mountaineer but heads inside a dark store. Her eyes have trouble adjusting but she calls out to the crew. "What can I do to help?" Megan, Lucille and Jez all hear her as she enters. Valrun does feel the presence of her invisible ally nearby. When Lucille turns to look at Valrun entering, she notices what seems like a specter following Valrun, though making no motion of negative intent. When Lucille sees this specter, which looks like a extremely handsome man wearing little more than a lower robe, it looks directly at Lucille and nods politely to her before following Valrun. Valrun for her part senses several magical presences on items nearby, nothing spectacular and probably normal considering the store and its supposed contents. She does not sense any magic that has been recently used, however.

Lucille and Megan acknowledge Jezebels order, with Zo'war pointing out a breaker box in the corner of the main room behind the employee counter. Lucille turns from the specter, as her invisible sight fades, to follow the orders of her new boss. Neither her nor Lucille see something amiss with the breaker box inside so they head outside, passing the mountaineer to the main conduit outside and there, they do notice that the line has been cut. It isn't an easy fix as far as Megan can tell, though Lucille digs a little bit deeper into the exterior breaker box and is able to splice several wires together in a sort of quick-fix method. It's delicate work and after several minutes, she is able to connect and reroute power. Cordelia then sees the sign on the front door light up with a low hum.

In the backroom, Jezebel takes Zo'war to the side while Susan does her best to examine the corpse on the ground. While she really can't determine anything about the murder itself, she does notice something extremely peculiar. The blood that is spilled on the ground has what seems like silver streaks of liquid material flowing through it from the entry wound which is easily identified as a knife wound; she cannot tell what the silver streaks in the blood are and she realizes she may need to take a little more time looking closely at the blood to figure it out. She can also determine the blade was likely serrated, straight, long and double sided. The wound is right on the spinal column. After several minutes of examining the body in the dark, the lights begin to flicker on.

After Jezebel issues out her orders, she pulls Zo'war to the side and speaks plainly to him, she can tell that Zo'war is shaken and also angry. "I got here at 9:30. Sokr'aa Uestud, the one on the ground, was an apprentice of mine if you will. He was supposed to open the shop at 8am. I found him right where he is lying with a stab wound in his lower back and bled out. As to why; I could only guess." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "He had a friend, Dorian Aerihman, and yesterday they spent a good deal of time at Flirts, and the Crimson Dragon before that. He talked to me yesterday before I left about something huge he found, it was going to be able to revolutionize technology and magic. He didn't get into details but said he was going to show me, and I was going to grill him on it today because he mentioned a larger profit for the store. I guess whatever he found could have been worth killing over." Zo'war states. Jez recognizes those two locations as two locations were a murder had taken place, and as far as she can read, Zo'war is being 100% truthful. Near the end of his comments, after several minutes, the lights slowly start to flicker on.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia is dutifully sketching on her pad. She has relaxed a bit and stopped worrying about the crowd. She looks up and sees the lights come on and notes the time. Looks like everything is okay She makes notes about the situation. She goes back to sketching. And singing. Cordelia focused her studies of pre-cataclysm on the period know as the 80's. "Taaake ooon mmeee" she whistles and draw doodles on another page that resemble something from a video she saw.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Jezebel wrote:Jez calls out, "Megan, we're getting some light in here. Good job. Get that delinquent, Cordelia, in here." She kneels down and points out the silvery liquid to Zo'wor, Lucille, Valrun, and Susan. "Any idea what this is?"
Lucy yells back "You're welcome, boss!" and then mumbles to Megan, "Just happy I didn't have to magic zap the system back to life. Calling down lightning can be... fickle at times," she smirks.

Once back near the body, Lucy squints at the silvery red congealing mixture. "Um... Let's see..."

Skills to determine if Lucy's magical lore can aid in identifying this stuff:
Lore: Magic, General Knowledge: [dice]3[/dice] / 44%
Lore: Magic, Recognize Enchantment [dice]4[/dice] / 26%
Jezebel wrote:"... Lucille, you're more than just a tinkerer..."
Lucille Davis's back straightens a bit, her gangly arms stop fiddling at her side, and her jawline firms. I AM more than just a tinkerer! More than just some junction box fixer! I bind fire and lightning to mechanics and electrics. The very essence of magic pours through my veins and the innards of mystical technologies tremble at my command! I am an architect of machines! An engineering savant! A... a... Then she realizes that Jez wants them to come up with a plan on their own, and her confidence craters.

Her delusions of grandeur having past, she offers up her more meager services. "I might not known nothing about detective work and the like, but I can ask questions at just about anyone. Could go digging around one of these places seeing if anyone was snooping over Aerihman and Uestud's conversations?"
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other: Cybernetic-Eye (Zooming in on things that look important)

"Thanks boss, but all I did to fix the lights was show Lucille where everything was. She did the hard part. I know just enough about fixnig things to get myself in trouble, but I'm still learning." Megan tells Jez when she gets back inside the store, bringing Cordelia in with her. Looking at the silvery liquid, she tries to see if it could be mercury, which is sometimes used for detenators in explosives (Demolitions [dice]3[/dice]/88%).

When Jez poses the question to the rest of the group about what they are going to do to bring the assassin to justice, Megan speaks up stating "I'm going to go back over the list of victims and see if I can find a commonality between then, whether they know the same person, or if it is something physical or perhaps even metaphysical. I also want to see if I can figure out why the killer suddenly changed their their method of operation, because correct me if I'm wrong about this, but this is the first time they killed with a blade. All of the other deaths have been by a gun that fired a special bullet. Clearly it's been working so far, so why change? Granted, that could be as simple as them running out of the ammunition that they use. Of the listed locations that a killing has occured, were any of them weapons shops?"
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

**rolls held**

Hearing Megan note the change in method, Lucy crouches down again near the sliver-lined pool of blood. Hrmmmmm... "It doesn't seem to be eating through the floor or anything like battery acid would, but it could be some special kind of poison - perhaps similar in substance to the bullet? Maybe one of us should touch it. Susan, in your medical opinion, is this silvery stuff going to kill me if I touch it?"
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 10:05am (5 minutes have passed)
Outside, Cordelia returns to sketching and singing as she hears Lucille yell from around the corner back towards Jezebel. "You're welcome, boss!" shortly after the lights of the store flicker to life. Cordelia then sees Lucille and Megan walk from around the side of the building and head back inside. She then hears Jezebel begin to speak but can't really hear what she is saying, and jumps out of the Mountaineer and heads inside.

Jezebel then corrals the GIRLS inside and lays everything out as plain as possible. Susan does recognize the name of the largest, most common and most powerful atlantean clan and adds her own input. When Lucille arrives, she leans down to the body and checks it with Susan and can't be sure but doesn't think it has any magical inclinations at all. Megan also takes a gander at the silver streaks in the blood, trying to identify mercury and is positive it is not mercury, and she is fairly confident it isn't explosive in nature.

Susan, noticing a look of possible disdain on Zo'war's face as she offers her condolences and suggests moving on, Zo'war speaks. "How would you know." He mutters sharply before adding "Don't apologize, you think you can catch whatever did this, do it. That's how you apologize." Moving away, Susan and Lucille confer about the silver streak, and Susan has a couple interesting thoughts but resigns to needing to thoroughly examine it to make any conclusive statements. Then the sound of the Defenders Siren is heard approaching.

They can all hear the Defenders sirens loud and clear as the vehicles park. Zo'war seems to crack his neck as he mutters, "Great, now to talk to the cops." He sighs and heads out from the back room and into the main lobby. The crew figures they have a minute or so before the Defenders come in.

[Amber]
Amber had been roving the streets of Merctown since early morning, having arrived within just a couple days, there was still much to see in way of where her destiny may be. She'd been offered a tentative position with the Defenders due to her being a Mind Melter assuming she stayed in Merctown permanently. Still unsure, the Bagh-Dach clanswoman found herself roaming the Warrens when she heard the sirens of the Defenders erupt around 10:00 am and were headed just south of her position, to the Arms Bazaar.

Resigning to that being the most interesting thing happening at the moment, and being close anyways, she decided to head that way. Be it by fate, fortune or unfortunate luck, she found herself outside a place down as the Devilman's Exotic Arms. The Devilman, a race of demonic like humans she has crossed paths with once or twice since arriving, seemed polite in most situations. This storefront, however, was nearly surrounded by Defenders and a rather odd vehicle as well.

She recognizes one of the Defenders keeping the population back as Corporal Vale, one she had met when she first entered the town and who was with the Defender Mind Melter who originally tried recruiting her. She doesn't see the the Defender Mind Melter, however she does see what looks like a squad about to enter.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy doesn't need to be told twice. "You got it, boss. Just the facts. Let's see," she begins to tick these off on her fingers: "Had a psychic vision of a murder, boss lady jetted at my description of 'devilman' and 'horns on head', alerted Defenders, followed boss lady here... and fixed the lights!" This last element produces a hugh smile on Lucy's face.

Unless Lucy is corrected, this is what she enthusiastically tells the Defenders.
Jezebel wrote:Once outside, she tells the GIRLS, "Lucy, Val, check out the Crimson Dragon and see how it fits into all this regarding Dorian. [...] Happy hunting!" With that, Jez hops on her Hornet and drives to Flirts.
"You got it, boss. So Ms Val - it is Val, right? And Ms? Anyways, can drive us over to Crimson Dragon if you want to hop on in." Lucy says to the toweringly tall blond bombshell as she thumbs at her Mountaineer.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:

"Can I get the radio frequency to contact Brooks and Harkin. I'd like to get more details from them for cross referencing purposes." Megan says to Jez then turns to the Devilman proprietor to say "I have a couple of quick questions before I go, if you don't mind regarding... your apprentice." Megan clearly hesitates wanting to refer to the dead person by name but settling for his relation to Zo'war instead of saying victim before continuing. "I'm guessing that he had magical abilities, but did he have any psychic abilities or any unusual abilities or abnormalities. Could you provide me with the location of his residence?And has he been to any of the following locations? The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, or Hangman's Hotel & Tavern?" (Lore: D-Bee to try and recall if Devilmen are known for magical or psychic abilities [dice]3[/dice]/52%)

When it's her turn to speak with the Defenders, she reiterates about Lucille telling the group about her vision at which point Jez dashed off and everybody arriving at the scene several moments after she did, then guiding Lucille through the dark to the outside and showing her where the power was cut.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia leaves the relative comfort and safety of the vehicle and goes inside the crime scene when beckoned. SHe brings he sketch pad and her camera. She is relieved to see the inside of the store seemed okay.
"You need something boss." She approaches Jezebel as she enters the scene. She is oddly calm at the sight of the state of affairs. She gets to documenting by taking pictures.
She hands her sketches to Jezebel.
"While I was sketching this one" she holds up the first drawing, "I saw someone in the alley across the way like this" she holds up the second drawing. "But he bolted quick"
Cordelia then notices the Defenders arriving. She quickly puts her camera away. She gets tight lipped and huddles up with the other GIRLS.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

(Rolls Held)
Jezebel wrote:
Megan Price wrote:"Can I get the radio frequency to contact Brooks and Harkin. I'd like to get more details from them for cross referencing purposes." Megan says to Jez...
Initiative is good. Don't frak this up though, tin-can. Assuming Jez has this, she transfers the frequency to Megan to program into her own radio. She then tells everyone present, "I have my phone on me, but no radio. If you're rubbing elbows, remember to blend in. People in town don't just walk around in combat gear with field radios."
OOC Comments
Lloyd, they did give you their frequency when we met them at One Eyed Jacks.
"Thank you." Megan says simply to Jez. She tunes the radio built into her Universal Head Jack to the given frequency, then after the Defenders speak to her and indicate they don't need to talk to her anymore, walks over to the Lucille's truck and radios them. "Brooks and Harkin, this is Jammer from G.I.R.L.S. You met my boss and I and a couple of others last night at One Eyed Jacks. You guys said you had some files for us that I wanted to look through. Over."
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 10:20am (15 minutes have passed)
[Amber]
Amber notices that a crowd is starting to form outside the building, prompting several Defenders to act as crowd control as she approaches Corporal Vale; the True Atlantean standing several inches taller than the Corporal. Her smile and friendly demeanour is not lost on the Defender as she speaks to him. "Good morning, Corporal Vale. I’m not sure if you remember me, but we met a couple days ago at the City Gates. Your colleague was trying to recruit me to join your ranks. What is going on? Can I do anything to assist? I do have some minor healing abilities if anyone is requiring medical attention."

The Defender glances to her and a visible smile of recognition is visible beneath his half-visored helmet that covers his eyes. "Ah, right! Your name is, uh, Ashley? No, wait, Amber. Amber Dach, I remember, yes. Lieutenant Phrenic was upset you turned down the offer." He starts before motioning over another armored defender, this one stood a bit taller than Amber. "Keep them back." Vale says and Amber only sees a brisk nod from the larger defender as Vale waves her past their line and near the Defender Vehicles.

"Right now, we're spread a bit thin and this Response Force was dispatched without a Psionic to control the scene. I can't technically authorize you, however my Sergeant can. She's been heading up what's going on." Vale says as he walks her towards a pair of Defenders overseeing the squad about to enter the building. One is notably large, and one is notably small, even smaller than Vale is standing no more than 5'6". When the shorter one turns to acknowledge Vale, she does not speak as though she is small, however.

"Vale, what do you have?" A feminine voice says beneath the helmet towards the Corporal.

"This is the Civi Melter Lieutenant Phenric had his eye on the other day. She's offered her assistance. Her name is Amber Dach." Vale responds and the helmet of the Sergeant turns ever so slightly towards Amber.

"Fine. Return to the line." She orders and Vale nods, leaving Amber with the sergeant. "Amber, I'm Sergeant Harrison. You can come in with me after my team clears it. Hang tight." The sergeant finishes then turns back as her team enters. Within a minute of them entering, Harrison turns to Amber and motions her to follow them inside.

[Inside]
Inside, Jez doles out a few quick commands and Megan takes a moment to try to get some more information out of Zo'war in the back after getting the frequency from Jez. Zo'war nods briefly, "I was training him to be my second, he was a skilled techno-wizard and had a fair amount of psychic ability as well; all in all, he was a prodigy. I can't really say much about his personal life, though. You can find more at his address in the Warrens I'm sure." Zo'war suggests before being cut off by a pair of Defenders that enter in the back room. Megan and Zo'war are ushered out.

Jez makes towards the doors as she watches the Defenders enter. Taken back to her time in a military unit, she watches as the team of five Defenders clears the room with a noted amount of coordination. A pair of them head to the back room where Megan is as the others seemingly stand down once the area is cleared. Jez, Susan, Lucille, Cordelia and Valrun all see a small Defender being followed by a much larger Defender and what looks like a civilian. A few seconds later, Jez hears Megan and Zo'war ushered out of the back room as the sergeant, who everyone except Valrun and Cordelia recognize as Sergeant Harrison from the Sphinx, approaches Jez before Jez can wisk her troop away.

Luckily, Harrison seemed to know they weren't at fault. After a quick round of questioning where everyone lays out what they know, Harrison nods to Amber, speaking to Jez. "This here is a civi that offered to help us, and I can't rightly deputize her but if you lot think can make some more headway, I encourage you to use her. I won't stop you from investigating this on your own accord, as you seem relatively vested in it for some reason and I know you can cut corners we can't. So, I'll make you a deal." She adds, "I'll forward you what I find, you forward me what you find. It'll be like we're helping each other out. This way, my superiors stay happy and quiet, and you have freedom of movement. Sound fair? Excellent. Mr. Zo'war, would you be so kind as to come with us back to the main station, we need to take down your full account." Harrison states, rather forcibly. Jezebel can guess that this Defender is no stranger to cutting corners when needed, and might make a swift ally.

Everyone is escorted outside, and a medic team removes the body as the doors are locked and Zo'war goes with the Defenders, leaving the GIRLS and Amber outside to attend to what they needed. There is a couple groups of civilian onlookers, but no one of immediate note on anyone's glance.

Megan queues her radio to see if she can get in touch with Brooks and Harkin, and her radio call is met with static for a few minutes before she hears Brooks. "Jammer? Okay, good to hear from you. Do you want me to meet you at your base, or you can come to mine." He asks, and will disclose an address in the Warrens if Megan accepts.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:
Underguard wrote:Megan queues her radio to see if she can get in touch with Brooks and Harkin, and her radio call is met with static for a few minutes before she hears Brooks. "Jammer? Okay, good to hear from you. Do you want me to meet you at your base, or you can come to mine." He asks, and will disclose an address in the Warrens if Megan accepts.
"Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of MercTown Cafe, if that's alright with you. Haven't had a chance to grab a bite to eat yet this morning." Megan says, lying about not eating, but it's getting close to lunch time anyway. I'm choosing MercTown Cafe because it is neutral territory and is less likely to expose the G.I.R.L.S. HQ to unwanted attention. Granted there is a chance the killer may now know that we are on the case, and can easily find out our HQ location, but that can't be helped now. Now I just have to do whatever I can to avoid letting the killer know how much we know.

After the radio transmission ends, Megan turns to Cordelia and says "I'm meeting with our employers to get some files on the other victims at the MercTown Cafe (assuming they agreed to this, if not, then where ever they chose). You want to come along?" She then makes her way to the MercTown Cafe. When she gets there, she places an order for a cheap burger and some water while she waits for either Harkin or Brooks or both to arrive. When they give her the files, she asks "These aren't the only copies, I hope? In either case, I plan to make copies for myself."
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia stands quietly as Jezebel and the defenders Sargent talk. She then takes her orders and moves out.
Cafe sounds good enough.
She follows Megan to the cafe. She is not hungry but orders some coffee. Lots of cream and sugar.
She pulls out her sketch book and draws the figure she saw in the alley again. This time from an imagined different point of view. Art 70% [dice]3[/dice] And she waits on the clients to arrive. When they arrive, she puts on a professional face and does her best customer service voice. Performance 70% [dice]4[/dice] Public Speaking 100% [dice]5[/dice]. Cordelia does her best to keep them assured that GIRLS of Merctown are on the case.
She then skims the information and looks for clues and anything helpful. Intelligence 52% [dice]6[/dice]
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Lucy jumps in the driver's seat and begins to maneuver around any Defender vehicles back to the street. The Defenders seemed happy enough, just got to step it up at the Crimson Dragon for Jez - she seems nice, but bossy. I guess that's what makes her the boss?

Along the way, she tries to strike up some chat from her partner. "So Ms Val, you a goddess or something? That's pretty interesting." Hrm... got one of 'em quiet goddesses I guess. "And you ever done work like this? Me? Oh, no no... At least I don't remember doing so. Interesting work, yup, interesting. Not quite a repo on a Battle Skimmer Pulse Cannon or anything, but, hey! New horizons and all that."

Once they arrive at the Crimson Dragon, Lucy reviews the mission in her head: Ok, so, Sokr'aa Uestud and Dorian, in the Crimson Dragon... with the candlestick... Says found something big. Let's see what we can find out. She heads in, hoping Val will follow. Ok, tits up, back straight. You can do this, girl.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 10:40am (20 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
[Megan and Cordelia]
Megan and Cordelia find their way to the Merctown Cafe relatively easily with no issues. Coredlia gets some coffee with her sugar and cream while Cordelia gets a burger and water. By the time her burger is ready, Megan spots Brooks enter and can quickly tell he looks a little shaken. He finds their table and sits down with an electronic data disk.

"This is what we have on everyone, we have another file on our home system, you're welcome to keep this one. Looking for something in specific?" Brooks asks, his voice somewhat shakey.

Meanwhile, since grabbing her coffee, Cordelia pulls out her sketchbook and begins trying to draw the figure she saw in the alleyway and her memory sparks as the delicious coffee passes her lips. She remembers seeing quite a few more specific details that are much less fuzzy now, and puts them to paper. The figure was wearing a cloak, but seemed to be bionic in nature with red irises and a metallic structure to their face. The rebreather she remembers seeing is akin to a face guard, and there was no hair nor other human-like features otherwise. She also notes the figure was unarmed as far as she could tell but had a slung duffle bag. When Brooks arrives, she hardly notices him sit at the table and is brought back to their discussion by Megan talking to them.

Cordelia, like Megan, notices something rather apparent about Brooks that is hard to miss, he is anxious with his leg tapping underneath the table and he seems to be shifting his gaze in different directions as if he is afraid of something.

[Amber and Jez]
Jezebel and Amber converse on their way to Flirts after Jez ensures the rest of the GIRLS understand her orders and sends them on their way. Amber, taken slightly aback by the situation she seemed to walk in, takes it in stride on their way to Flirts. The time to Flirts isn't more than a few minutes, allowing Amber to mentally ready herself by altering her aura to appear as though she has no psionic or mystical abilities.

Jez parks the Hornet just off from Flirts and cases the area. It's closed, however there is a good deal of security still present and Jez can spot their sign on the door. Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings (usually between 4pm-2am). The doors are ajar, but the security is standing there talking about an incident that happened this past week. They will be open in a few hours, but trying to garner information from the security may prove fruitful.

[Lucy and Valrun]
Lucille and Valrun head over to the Crimson Dragon, with Valrun seemingly lost in thought as Lucille tries to talk with her and she mostly talks to herself but she does remember the ethereal figure that had been following Valrun before her mystic sight ended. They arrive at the Crimson Dragon after a period of silence falls between them amid Valrun's thought process and Lucille's own internal thoughts.

When they arrive, Lucille notices quickly that it is shockingly empty at the moment, as this place is the secondary source of magic next to the Collegiate itself. Being undeterred she walks in while Valrun follows stoically and she spots a pair of fairly impressive weapons in the display case. Before she can look closer, they are almost immediately greeted by the shopkeep. A robed individual wearing a long beak-like mask is the only other individual in the room at first.

"What a curious trio. I've not had a Spirit in my shop in some time." The beak-like face rotates slightly and seems to be looking just past Valrun before it turns to Lucille. "Sokr'aa Uestud and Dorian. Could it be, Dorian Aerihman? Why are you here? Not to shop." The voice is calm and collected and Lucille is taken slightly aback by the quite obvious mental scouring that just happened.

[Susan]
Susan returns to the Hanger to run a few checks on the silver liquid she found in the blood of Sokr'aa Uested. She doesn't immediately find any results and waits her the results to appear. The liquid is foreign in nature, but not a form of blood or biological component. In fact, a more thorough examination reveals it to be something one might find in a cyborg, not oil or anything like that, but definitely more technological in nature than biological, possibly alien. As she continues, she knows there are other tests she can run, a more analytical one, perhaps cybernetics.

Before she has a chance to try them, she hears commotion in the main hanger and looks over the rafters to see James talking with another man at the door who looks like Harkin.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other:
Underguard wrote:[Megan and Cordelia]
Megan and Cordelia find their way to the Merctown Cafe relatively easily with no issues. Coredlia gets some coffee with her sugar and cream while Cordelia gets a burger and water. By the time her burger is ready, Megan spots Brooks enter and can quickly tell he looks a little shaken. He finds their table and sits down with an electronic data disk.

"This is what we have on everyone, we have another file on our home system, you're welcome to keep this one. Looking for something in specific?" Brooks asks, his voice somewhat shakey.

Meanwhile, since grabbing her coffee, Cordelia pulls out her sketchbook and begins trying to draw the figure she saw in the alleyway and her memory sparks as the delicious coffee passes her lips. She remembers seeing quite a few more specific details that are much less fuzzy now, and puts them to paper. The figure was wearing a cloak, but seemed to be bionic in nature with red irises and a metallic structure to their face. The rebreather she remembers seeing is akin to a face guard, and there was no hair nor other human-like features otherwise. She also notes the figure was unarmed as far as she could tell but had a slung duffle bag. When Brooks arrives, she hardly notices him sit at the table and is brought back to their discussion by Megan talking to them.

Cordelia, like Megan, notices something rather apparent about Brooks that is hard to miss, he is anxious with his leg tapping underneath the table and he seems to be shifting his gaze in different directions as if he is afraid of something.
"Right now, I'm just trying to compare data to look for common factors. I know you said many were associated in some way to your benefactor, but I want to see if I can rule that out as a factor. Also, weren't all of the previous victims shot? Because there was another killing last night, but different in several aspects such as this victim was stabbed instead of shot, and it happened alone late at night. The only reason we linked this victim with the others is because Lucille did some psychic probing of sorts to that bullet, and had a vision of the victim as he was being killed. Then she passed out from general exhaustion. Is everything alright, Brooks?" Megan says with a hushed tone. Looking over at Cordelia, she asks, "What are you drawing there, Rebrandt?" After Brooks has satisfactorily answered here questions, she will walk back to the hangar.

Upon her return to the hangar, she will take some graph paper and a pencil and makes a column for the names of the victims, species, gender, age, height/weight, location of death, location of residence, employer, profession, psychic abilities, magical abilities, and various other supernatural abilities. Then she starts filling in the information with the hope that it paints a clearer picture.
Last edited by Megan Price on Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

[Crimson Dragon]

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: [dice]3[/dice] / 15% (for the unlikely chance to get beakface on side, perhaps by a goddamn hair flip)

Lucy's hands go to her head. What avhe skator was that?? She refocuses her attention to the robed beak-face in the room. "Hey, you keep out of my head, you, you... YOU!" she says, realizing that she has no idea who this beaked individual is. A mask? Who wears a mask? Especially an animal mask! "You know, in my neck of the woods, a gentleman asks before peeking under the hood. But yeah, you took the words right out of my, well, somewhere a bit back and up from my mouth," she points and gestures roughly, thinking back to some of her very rudimentary anatomy knowledge around the skull region.
Gobbley
avhe skator = the hell
"So it sounds like you know this Dorian fella, and we're looking for information. The devilman, Sokr'aa Uestud who you pulled from my head, was with him around this fine establishment. Perhaps you know something? Seems the least you could do to apologize to me, in addition to introducing yourself. You know," she carries on, "that's also something a gentleman does before peeking under the hood - they introduce themselves." She flips her goddamn hair at this point. "It's Lucille by the way. Lucille Davis, in case your didn't catch that thought."

It's then that she recalls the beak-faced guy said 'spirit'. Spirit? That's not from my head... Like ghost spirit? Like the one I saw come with Val...? "Wait." Lucy turns to Val, holding a finger up to the beak mask. "Is your ghost friend still with us?" and then casts her eyes in the direction that the beak originally intended. "Ghost friend - impressive abs - little clothing - good manners, you in this room? Beak guy can see you, so you might as well reveal yourself to all of us so I can stop looking so silly!"
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update
Susan wrote:"Welcome co-employer! I haven't ruled out shapeshifting yet. Please let me know the codeword we exchanged at our last meeting!"
As Susan approaches Harkin and speaks to him, James turns back and looks at her as Harkin pauses. "Codeword? I don't recall exchanging one.. I'm here to look at the bullet." He responds, pausing at the thought of a Codeword. "Shapeshifting would make this more complicated. So, may I come in?"
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia puts her coffee down when Brooks enters the cafe. She notices the look of a person who is obviously agitated. She sits idly as Megan speaks. Cordelia wonders if Megan sees it too. He looks like hes waiting on the sword of Damocles to drop on him. Its her turn to speak.
"Does this look familiar to you?" She looks him in the face as she shows him the sketch she has been working on. "Can you tell us about it, or whats after you now?" We cant help you unless you help us."

On meetings end, Cordelia will walk with Megan to the Hangar and start reading all the files they are given.
Cordelia loves graphs and charts. She jumps into organizing the information with glee.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 11:00am (20 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
[Megan and Cordelia]

Brooks listens to Megan and takes a drink to steady himself. "No, there are seemingly three methods that have been used to commit the assassinations depending on where the target was. Bullet wound, Knife wounds or a lack of physical trauma at all, possibly a form of ingestion or poison. The bullet we gave you last night was the first physical evidence ever found left at a scene." Brooks says and then shakes his head at her lowered question. "I'm-I'm not sure, we were being followed last night but nothing happened. We tried to tail our tail but they were too good. Then this morning, Harkin was just missing and he hasn't responded to any radio calls or anything."

Cordelia shows Brooks the sketch she made of the figure in the alleyway and his chair almost tips. "That's it. After we met at One-Eyed Jacks, we were sure we were being followed by that thing, but nothing came of it, then this morning, Harkins was just gone."

Deciding to return to the Hanger to look over the file given, they depart and Brooks insists he goes with them.

[Jezebel and Amber]
Jez and Amber both reach a mutual understanding before approaching the security. Jez notices that of the four security, one of them are noticeably larger than the other three and all of them appear to be human except for the large one. When she approaches rather forcefully, they all turn and look at her with somewhat a bewildered gaze, with the larger humanoid stepping forward.

Amber stays back and watches Jezebel's interaction with the security. Using her sight to see the aura of those around the door, she does notice that two of the four appear your pretty average human, one of them has definite magic and the larger one is radiating a pretty strong aura. None of them have psionics that register as powerful like herself, the big one does radiate a small amount of inner strength power but still nothing compared to her.

"Woah, woah, little one." He begins in a gruff tone, holding up a hand and obstructing her from viewing inside. "The Boss is at Defenders HQ, he wants to reopen tonight but them soldiers don't think it's a good idea. We've got some more folks inside checking inventory and cleaning the place up to make sure it's ready for the bosses word." He responds, then one of the other smaller human guards step forward.

"I know Dorian. He was here last night; he and a pal were celebrating something and bought drinks for the house. Made them both quite popular with the ladies on site; Dorian left with one." He responds.

Meanwhile, Amber then begins to selectively probe the mind mind of the second one to speak, who radiates some degree of magic; avoiding the larger one with a small manner of psionic prowess. His mind is cluttered with thoughts; who are these two girls, why are they asking about Dorian, is Dorian okay? Last thing the boss needs is a scuffle with the Aerihmans. It is pretty obvious from the probe that the security on site were not at fault and are likely just doing a job.

The big one lets the smaller human speak before continuing. "Look; private contractor or not, I can't just let you in without word from the boss. He should be back soon, and I'm sure he'd love the help." He says firmly, Jez is quite certain he is being truthful.

[Lucille and Valrun]

After Lucille's remarks, there is a pause and the beak-man nods, "Aye, good spirit, we are alone and no one else will enter this site for some time. You may show yourself to appease your little friend." He says and looks a moment and the spirit that had been silently following Valrun seems to appear in a wisp like mist, though it says nothing and just gazes stoically at the corner of the room.

Lucille notices the Spirits gaze and follows it to find a small perch that she's sure had some statue in it upon her entry now empty. A moment later, a simple human with crimson red hair also seems to just appear out of nowhere, though his face is stern and unhappy.

"Yes, yes. If I ask the Spirit to show itself, I may as well do the same. I do know Dorian, he died in my shop last night, likely gathering supplies before returning to the Collegiate. It is a rare feat for something in my home to escape my sight and whatever took the Atlantean's life was by no means unskilled and its mind was closed. Come." The man beckons and Lucille, Valrun and the Spirit follow them; almost ignoring Lucille's hair flip and introduction. The beck-man behind the counter remains curiously motionless.

In the back of the building, past a couple doors and secured displays with impressive tools, Lucille and Valrun both find a body on a table.

"This is the late Dorian Aerihman. He dropped dead in my store, with no entry wounds and no sign of magic or psychic involvement at all. There were two other patrons in the store at the time, one of them had no inkling of magic at all. By the time Dorian hit the ground, that patron was gone like a ghost. It was most peculiar." The man begins explaining.

"Yes, I did catch your name. You hunt for your boss, Jez, and the Defenders. Well, consider this an added bonus then, I'll reward your crew a trinket from my shop should you be able to find out how this patron evaded my shop and how one of my patrons ended up dead. You're welcome to take the body, I've no further need for it and I'd like nothing more than to wash my hands of it." He says, opening his hands over the body as a sort of offering and nodding. "So, deal?"

[Susan]
Susan lets Harkin in and James returns to his spot on the sofa, feeling at ease now that Susan as vouched for the man. She shows him to Lucille's workstation where the bullet is and then heads up stairs to run another test on the blood.

This time, her testing does reveal some curious features about the silver liquid. Upon a close examination, she finds that the silver liquid actually appears to be thousands of inert nano-machines that are just free floating with the blood. She's definitely heard of such a system before, not unlike the Cyber-Nano-Robot Repair Systems (CNRRS), but she's never seen or heard of them being in the bloodstream of a non-bionic body.

She then hears a commotion downstairs and rushes out ready to yell at James and Harkin for making noise. From her sight on the causeway, she sees James limp on the ground and Harkin is nowhere to be seen. It also looks like the Lucille's workstation got trashed.

[Megan and Cordelia returning to the Hanger]

Megan and Cordelia arrive back at the hanger with Brooks to find the door ajar; which is a very uncommon sight.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Mini Update

[Susan]

James, much to Susan's surprise, is not dead. He does however seem to have a fractured collar bone and broken right wrist and is unconscious. She is able to stabilize him quickly however she sees no trace of the would-be infiltrator. She does see the front door ajar.

[Jezebel and Amber]

The big one turns to Jez just sighs. "The boss is Eddie Crater. Some poor sod dropped dead on the floor Wednesday. Boss said it was some big wig from out of the town, think he belonged to another government. Not sure but it got the boss all freaked out and he has been at the Defenders Station probably three times in the past two days. We've been in damage control mode since then. I was sorta surprised we reopened yesterday or tonight, but profit is profit I guess."

The other guard turns his attention to Amber and nods, listening to her statement. He shrugs with a breathe. "Damn shame. Sokr'aa was a good thing, fun to hang out with even if he did have horns. Should've seen it, half the club stopped dancing when they saw the devilman in last night. We're usually mostly a human stop. That big Grunt there is literally around to stop humans from getting uppity, they tend to back off at the sheer size of him." The guard chuckles, earning a light, if playful snarl from the Dbee talking to Jez. "Dorian was here with Sokr'aa til probably ten and they left. Sokr'aa left alone. Dorian took a girl home with him, he usually stays at the Collegiate. Dorian was good people too, lots of badass tattoos. And we don't have any surveillance, nothing like this ever happened before. Boss might invest in it now, though. As for the girl, never seen her before, but that's not uncommon. She was human enough to not earn any second looks." The guard continues to recount the events. Amber can tell, through her telepathy, that he is thinking what he is saying and not leaving anything out. She can pick up that, while the guard did seem to like Sokr'aa, he isn't fond of Dbees as a whole, save maybe the big one behind him.
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal Imaging), Amplified Hearing

Megan walks into the hangar and sees Susan tending to James. "What happened here?" When Susan asks Brooks about Harkin, she says "Harkin was here? This morning? Is there a video surveillance system installed here?" If she is directed to the surveillance monitors, she will try to rewind the footage to see if she can find Harkin. If she has any problems, she will ask Brooks if he knows how to use the system. (The closest skill I have is Computer Operation, not sure if that is close enough. [dice]3[/dice]/67%)

If they spot Harkin in the footage, she will ask Brooks "Well? Does that look like Harkin, or is something about the imposter off?" Turning to Cordelia, she says "Pass that picture around the everyone else here and see if anyone else has seen it, then call Jez and give her a sitrep. After that, grab a paper map if one is available, or go buy one if need be. I want to see if this fucker has a radius that it works while also trying to make sense all of this other data. Also I need you to make sure have some red pin. Speaking of which." She goes to Susan and says "These are the autopsy reports Brooks gave me. I want your help looking through the data and analyzing it for irregularities that I would miss due to not knowing medical stuff. I understand if you can't start on this right away due to tending to James, but I'm going to get started on this by making a chart to cross-referencing all possible data I can think of that we can get from these files."

Megan gets some graph paper and makes a column for the victims names, species, gender, age, height/weight, location of death, time/day of death, location of residence, employer profession, psychic abilities, magical abilities, and various other supernatural abilities, and then begins to fill it out. When Cordelia returns, she has her place red pins on the map for location of death, and green pins for location of residence, with numbers attached to them to indicate which victim they are there representing.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Underguard wrote:Lucille notices the Spirits gaze and follows it to find a small perch that she's sure had some statue in it upon her entry now empty. A moment later, a simple human with crimson red hair also seems to just appear out of nowhere, though his face is stern and unhappy.

"Yes, yes. If I ask the Spirit to show itself, I may as well do the same. I do know Dorian, he died in my shop last night, likely gathering supplies before returning to the Collegiate. It is a rare feat for something in my home to escape my sight and whatever took the Atlantean's life was by no means unskilled and its mind was closed. Come." The man beckons and Lucille, Valrun and the Spirit follow them; almost ignoring Lucille's hair flip and introduction. The beck-man behind the counter remains curiously motionless.
Lucy's initial surprise at the Spirit's muteness melts into amusement when the crimson haired figure pops into sight. She gives an irrepressible laugh. "Well golly, are there any other invisibles in this room? Come out come out wherever you are! Don't make me put on my goggles!" A cute little twist what with this spirit person following along. Glad I spotted him earlier!

She nods along to the new red arrival, trying to break into his monologue, but failing at each juncture. This is a guy who's clearly not use to being interrupted. Just like a man. She's also a bit ruffled that her hair flip failed to grab the attention it deserved, but as Ol' Red beckons, she gives a shrug, side-eye's Val and Spirit with that 'men, am I right' look, and shuffles along after him.

As they head down the corridor, she tries to continue the conversation. "So yeah, as I was saying, the name's Lucille Davis. And you are..." she leaves the sentence dangling, hoping the lack of completion will draw this bit of information out of him. Whether he gives a name or not, she eventually continues, "And your beakish friend? What's up with him? Seems to be acting kind of strangely?" And then she just can't help herself. "So, yeah, invisibility - that's super cool. A spell? Perhaps something you teach in your... um... spare time? Never got around to it in Stormspire..." She then looses herself temporarily in though of all of the machines she could put invisibility into, and gets a bit giddy with excitement, likely running into some furniture corner or door side.
Underguard wrote:In the back of the building, past a couple doors and secured displays with impressive tools, Lucille and Valrun both find a body on a table.

"This is the late Dorian Aerihman. He dropped dead in my store, with no entry wounds and no sign of magic or psychic involvement at all. There were two other patrons in the store at the time, one of them had no inkling of magic at all. By the time Dorian hit the ground, that patron was gone like a ghost. It was most peculiar." The man begins explaining.

"Yes, I did catch your name. You hunt for your boss, Jez, and the Defenders. Well, consider this an added bonus then, I'll reward your crew a trinket from my shop should you be able to find out how this patron evaded my shop and how one of my patrons ended up dead. You're welcome to take the body, I've no further need for it and I'd like nothing more than to wash my hands of it." He says, opening his hands over the body as a sort of offering and nodding. "So, deal?"
Lucy tries to take in all of the security the Crimson Dragon has to offer as they pass thought to the back where the body is presented. Oh good. Another body - head appears intact. Susan will be pleased as least.

As Ol' Red unwinds his tale, Lucy recalls his description of the assassin mind being closed reminder her of her blurry psychic encounter. Hrm, some kind of anti-magic and anti-psychic type of thing? Like a mind block but more maybe more general? She's not sure she's heard of such powers, but then the rifts are wide and her experience is narrow. I'll have to pass this on to the GIRLS. Maybe one of them will have some ideas.

Lore: Magic, General Knowledge [dice]3[/dice] / 44% (To determine if she's ever come across anti-magic powers or individuals)

Ol' Red wraps up and Lucy looks to Val, looks to Spirit, and figures the floor is still hers for the taking. "Right. You seem to know a bit about us. So you'll know that I need to take this up with the boss first." She walks over to a corner and turns her back to the scene, but can still clearly be overheard as she radios Jez. "Boss Jez, Lucy here. I found Dorian Aerihman, but he seems to be a dead end. In that he's dead. At the Crimson Dragon - mysterious circumstances. A red-headed fella here says he's reward us a trinket if we crack the case. And we can take the body off his hands, too, so Susan will be happy!"

While waiting for a response from Jez, Lucy turns back to Ol' Red. "So, there's a bunch of us GIRLS, and I don't know how much we're in to sharing one trinket. Any chance you might sweeten the pot? Perhaps a trinket a piece? And hey, if some of us get assassinated like poor Dorian here, that's fewer trinkets off your table!" She gives a more nervous laugh, realizing how morbid her thoughts have become, and eyes the body again. Nope. Don't want to end up like Dorian here. Nope. Nope.
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia approaches the hangar. (does she notice anything else suspicious besides the door open.)
She enters "My mother would ask whos paying the bills around here letting all the warm air out."
She stops suddenly at the sight inside.
"OO, Doc! Is James okay " She gets suddenly excited and starts moving around erratically.

From Megan:
Turning to Cordelia, she says "Pass that picture around the everyone else here and see if anyone else has seen it, then call Jez and give her a sitrep. After that, grab a paper map if one is available, or go buy one if need be. I want to see if this fucker has a radius that it works while also trying to make sense all of this other data. Also I need you to make sure have some red pin.

Cordelia snaps to. "Okay, Yes. Doc Susan is a good doctor she will fix James. I have all that in my craft supplies. Let me get it from my room." Cordelia still excited paces off to work and Update Jezebel.

" Jez, James has been wounded. Some one was here at the hangar and looks like they shot him. Megan and I are sorting data from Harkin and Susan is fixing James. Just a heads up. Over."

Cordelia starts to slow down and collect herself and the materials to sort the information. Which she starts making short work of. Tacking a map to a wall and putting pins in with notes and references. She is soon singing that same song again quietly as she works. She also tacks the sketches she made up with the map.
Underguard

Post by Underguard »

Time: 11:20am (20 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
[The Hanger]
Susan, Megan, Cordelia

Susan stabilizes James on a cot and confers with her allies. She takes the reports Brooks gave to Megan to a nearby terminal. When she boots up the report, she spends a solid twenty minutes scouring the details and finds that the murders are quite sporadic in nature. Two of the individuals had a large amount of registered cybernetics or bionic systems, that critically failed to the point of frying the internal organs, no wound was found on these two. Four individuals, to include the one who dropped dead in front of them, had bullet hold entrance wounds, no exit wound, and in each instance, major organs were shut down. Six additional targets, to include the one from last night, had stab wounds with the same end result, organ failure. Megan can infer that it is some degree of poison or, her theory on the weaponization of nanites could be true and they are being used to shut down critical organs. Why there are no remains of the nanites in their systems remains a mystery; they could be shutting down and then eaten by white blood cells and other antibodies, or they could be destroying themselves once the target has died, it's hard to tell for sure.

Cordelia spends time on a bulletin board and establishes a sort of spiders web by tacking each murder point with the method of murder. There isn't a pattern that is visible yet. Neither Susan nor Brooks recognize the picture of the alleyway watcher that Cordelia drew.

Though the three of them are new to the GIRLS as a whole, Megan does note a camera system on the exterior of the building covering the entrances to the building itself. She finds a computer terminal in the reception area where a receptionist would likely sit and finds the connections to the cameras. In her search through the cameras, she notes that there are no visible cameras inside, no feeds, but she is able to access and playback the feeds of the exterior cameras. She can see Susan entering with Harkin at 11:01. She watches the playback and then notes the door slowly opening, though nothing exits, at 11:17. She then sees herself, Cordelia and Brooks in the camera approaching the door at 11:20. A closer scrutiny of every exterior camera feed shows that there was no movement at any entrance between 11:16-11:20, when the would-be Harkin should have been seen leaving. Megan can infer that Harkin did not leave the building.

[Crimson Dragon]
Lucille and Valrun
The man seems mildly amused by Lucille's apparent giddiness as well as her frustrations. He doesn't comment, though Lucille is quite sure he is at least telepathic. "I am the owner of the Crimson Dragon, and the other individual with the beakish mask is my attendant. He deals solely with customers of little interest, saves me the hassle. Individuals such as yourselves, Dorian, I tend to." He states, Lucille does notice he does not disclose his name as he continues. "As for teaching, that is more found at the Collegiate. I am a collector, of sorts, but perhaps we can work out an arrangement, presuming you become a patron of my fine establishment." He states.

Lucille takes in the rest of the tale and is familiar with some levels of anti-magic such as the Negate Magic spell, but nothing to that degree. Familiar with technology and magic in general, she's aware of some minds being closed to magic through technology, such as cyborgs or even artificial intelligences. When she tries to sweeten the pot with Ol' Red, he chuckles and shrugs.

"I'm not exactly the generous type, but, I'll tell you what. If the time comes, I'll let your crew decide between less than common trinkets for each of you, or a more rare trinket to be shared. It is, after all, merely an offer. You don't need to take it, and I have no issues washing my hands of this whole affair." He says, before looking at the body as Lucille does.

"Ah, please do take the body. I would like it out of my shop before it begins to smell." He finishes. Valrun, remaining stoically silent, motions towards the body and the Spirit moves and takes the body in its arms. With that, the man looks at the three of them. "If there is nothing else, please be on your way. You have a murder mystery to solve, no?" He says, the last line with a bit of a toothy smile.

[Flirts]
Jezebel and Amber

Jez sends out another text message then continues her impromptu interrogation of the Dbee. Her near accuratory nature causing the Dbee to shift mildly as passerbys have begun to take notice of the interaction. He lowers his voice so Jez can hear him but not random passersby.

"Boss is just covering his ass. This big wig that ate it is potentially really damaging to Merctown as a whole, so we're doing another check of everything before we reopen. He's also having us install extra security inside the club, so that should anything like this happen again, he can cover his ass. Boss wants it done before we reopen in a few hours. We're just the muscle here, most of us work security between multiple locations on any given week just based on their hours of operation." The dbee states with a sigh.

When Jez turns to attention to the human mentioning the woman, he just offers a weak shrug. "She was quite plain. Redhead, I think. Average size, looked fit. But she wasn't a model or anything, no tats, no outrageous hair. Not really memorable, like I said. Hell, the only reason I remember anything at all is because Dorian doesn't usually leave with anyone, so that was weird. And no, haven't seen Dorian since."

When Amber speaks up and asks her question, both the Dbee and human glance at her then pause as if thinking. The human responds first. "Well, on Wednesday, the big-wig was making the life of the bar. He bout the entire club more than one round of drinks in celebration of a record breaking find." He says.

The Dbee is seen nodding and adds, "Yeah, said it would change the future as we know it. Some might hate it, but the majority would benefit. He was a shit stain of a person, to be honest. He had a stink about Dbees, though he didn't seem to mind buying the few that were there as patrons a round though that could've been by association. What was it he said?" He pauses briefly, looking down at his human coworker who shrugs with a laugh.

"Ah, right. I remember him saying; 'We're finally going to take it all back, and we'll do it our way!' but he never elaborated. He was wasted by eleven, and no, he never mentioned who he represented. Dropped dead a little before midnight, right on the dance floor. So many people were moving it was impossible to tell if anyone attacked him, and he never made a sound of pain or fear. It was just one second, dancing, next second keeled over." The guard finishes, pulling out a cigarette and offering one to both Jez and Amber before lighting it.

The whole while, Amber keeps a minds eye on the thoughts going through the humans mind. It's racing with memories as it tries to recall the day in question with more vivid detail. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it doesn't seem that he is hiding anything. A single thought catches her mind. He seems to remember a figure who was hooded seemingly dancing near the big wig that was conspicuously gone when he fell to the ground, but the man can't think of any identifiers beyond the hood, which was odd to see at an indoor club but not exactly worthy of mention, not in this guard's eyes anyways.
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

[Crimson Dragon]
Underguard wrote:The man seems mildly amused by Lucille's apparent giddiness as well as her frustrations. He doesn't comment, though Lucille is quite sure he is at least telepathic. "I am the owner of the Crimson Dragon, and the other individual with the beakish mask is my attendant. He deals solely with customers of little interest, saves me the hassle. Individuals such as yourselves, Dorian, I tend to." He states, Lucille does notice he does not disclose his name as he continues. "As for teaching, that is more found at the Collegiate. I am a collector, of sorts, but perhaps we can work out an arrangement, presuming you become a patron of my fine establishment." He states.

Lucille takes in the rest of the tale and is familiar with some levels of anti-magic such as the Negate Magic spell, but nothing to that degree. Familiar with technology and magic in general, she's aware of some minds being closed to magic through technology, such as cyborgs or even artificial intelligences. When she tries to sweeten the pot with Ol' Red, he chuckles and shrugs.
Lucy feels really important, Ol' Red tending to her the same as Dorian... who died... in the Crimson Dragon. Ok ok, so 'tending to' is a bit ambiguous here, she muses. Mr. no name Ol' Red is cagey, but at least he's keen to find out what happened. As his story unfolds, she starts feeling some vague associations come together. From Ol' Red's description, and what we've seen otherwise, seems like there are a couple of routes our assassin has to blind us to his attacks: magical, psychic, and technological. The magical angle seems less likely, unless he's some really powerful wizard, but technological, or magitech...? I'll have to raise this with the other GIRLS. Maybe together we can put these details together.
Skill rolls to think more about technological methods for the assassin's invisibility
TW Construction [dice]3[/dice] / 90%
Mechanical Engineer [dice]4[/dice] / 64%
Electrical Engineering [dice]5[/dice] / 64%
Underguard wrote:"I'm not exactly the generous type, but, I'll tell you what. If the time comes, I'll let your crew decide between less than common trinkets for each of you, or a more rare trinket to be shared. It is, after all, merely an offer. You don't need to take it, and I have no issues washing my hands of this whole affair." He says, before looking at the body as Lucille does.

"Ah, please do take the body. I would like it out of my shop before it begins to smell." He finishes. Valrun, remaining stoically silent, motions towards the body and the Spirit moves and takes the body in its arms. With that, the man looks at the three of them. "If there is nothing else, please be on your way. You have a murder mystery to solve, no?" He says, the last line with a bit of a toothy smile.
Taking is that Val's motion has sealed the deal, Lucy makes a mental note. Hope Jez is ok with this. If not, I'm going to have to protect this poor beautiful goddess from her wrath. She turns back to Ol' Red. "Well, guess that settles it. We're on the case and taking the body back to GIRLS headquarters. We'll get to the bottom of this." I hope, she adds to herself.

As they exit the Crimson Dragon and pile back into the mountaineer, Lucy radios back to the group, "GIRLS, we're headed back to HQ, Dorian in tow. Um... do we have a morgue? Or a person-sized freezer?"
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal, Zooming, Filters as needed), Amplified Hearing
Underguard wrote:[The Hanger]
Susan, Megan, Cordelia

Susan stabilizes James on a cot and confers with her allies. She takes the reports Brooks gave to Megan to a nearby terminal. When she boots up the report, she spends a solid twenty minutes scouring the details and finds that the murders are quite sporadic in nature. Two of the individuals had a large amount of registered cybernetics or bionic systems, that critically failed to the point of frying the internal organs, no wound was found on these two. Four individuals, to include the one who dropped dead in front of them, had bullet hold entrance wounds, no exit wound, and in each instance, major organs were shut down. Six additional targets, to include the one from last night, had stab wounds with the same end result, organ failure. Megan can infer that it is some degree of poison or, her theory on the weaponization of nanites could be true and they are being used to shut down critical organs. Why there are no remains of the nanites in their systems remains a mystery; they could be shutting down and then eaten by white blood cells and other antibodies, or they could be destroying themselves once the target has died, it's hard to tell for sure.

Cordelia spends time on a bulletin board and establishes a sort of spiders web by tacking each murder point with the method of murder. There isn't a pattern that is visible yet. Neither Susan nor Brooks recognize the picture of the alleyway watcher that Cordelia drew.

Though the three of them are new to the GIRLS as a whole, Megan does note a camera system on the exterior of the building covering the entrances to the building itself. She finds a computer terminal in the reception area where a receptionist would likely sit and finds the connections to the cameras. In her search through the cameras, she notes that there are no visible cameras inside, no feeds, but she is able to access and playback the feeds of the exterior cameras. She can see Susan entering with Harkin at 11:01. She watches the playback and then notes the door slowly opening, though nothing exits, at 11:17. She then sees herself, Cordelia and Brooks in the camera approaching the door at 11:20. A closer scrutiny of every exterior camera feed shows that there was no movement at any entrance between 11:16-11:20, when the would-be Harkin should have been seen leaving. Megan can infer that Harkin did not leave the building.
Son of a bitch! Megan thinks to herself as reviews the footage. She gets up and hauls ass to Susan and practically shouts "Lockdown the hangar, we might have an intruder!" She stops and takes a breath, then more calmly says "I think the Harkin imposter might still be in the building. I was reviewing the security footage and watched the door open but no one exited the building. Yes, it could mean that the imposter left invisibly, but we can't discount the fact that also could have been misdirect to get us to all leave the building hunting for it. We need to conduct a thorough search of the hangar to ensure it's safety. Also, Susan I need you to call Jez directly and give her a sitrep."

Megan draws out her vibro-sword and knife and begins a extensive search of the hangar utilizing every feature of her multi-optic eye and tuning her mechanical ears to listen for sounds too faint to be heard by normal ears. She examines every likely spot to be ambushed from (Detect Ambush [dice]3[/dice]/57%), any spot that can conceal a roughly man-sized target (Detect Concealment [dice]4[/dice]/57%), and does all this while trying to not make a sound (Prowl [dice]5[/dice]/42%)
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Cordelia sits reading the files. She has been trying to reference the information into charts and visual representations. She still does not see and obvious correlation. I can render a few guesses but at this point they would just be guesses
She takes a break to get some coffee and walks over to where Susan is with James when Megan approaches.
"I think the Harkin imposter might still be in the building. I was reviewing the security footage and watched the door open but no one exited the building. Yes, it could mean that the imposter left invisibly, but we can't discount the fact that also could have been misdirect to get us to all leave the building hunting for it. We need to conduct a thorough search of the hangar to ensure it's safety. Also, Susan I need you to call Jez directly and give her a sitrep."
Cordelia stops in her tracks for one whole second. My armor and my gun are up in my room.
She calmly sits her coffee down and checks her personal forcefield. She is starting to overthink the situation. Her calm is starting to fade and the flop sweat is increasing.
" Er.. um.. Megan.. what do you think I shoud be doing?" She asks timidly.
"I dont have a weapon or anything but pens and pencils."
She then contemplates locking herself in the bathroom. She quickly dismisses the idea and takes a deep breath to fortify her nerves and stands up straight. I can do this. Lets get this thing and be heroes.