First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 69

Jez descends after her brief reconnaissance ascent. She gives Haley a thumbs down gesture to signal to meet her on the ground. Once they're both landed, she takes off the jet pack and sets it on the ground. Among the other girls, she reports, "There's a makeshift campsite roughly a quarter mile south of us."

Analoy wrote:"Well, Doc gave me a load of intell before Cullen drove away with him. Seems There were nine of them. Seven dwarves, four Bella Vinezia. The others worked for Bella’s boss. Happy and Dopey were guards, Sleepy was look out, Doc was a doc. Dopey was food for Bella’s master. Seem the master has to eat everyday. But he switched off Dopey once they made camp here. Maybe with a base camp the master was able to go hunt the wildlife. Sneezy is an Air Warlock. Bashful and Grumpy are some sort of time mages. That's how that little frakker slipped away before I could fire him. Bashful is a fighter but Grumpy is a traditional spell caster. Of course Bella is a Techno-Wizard. The master, Miiraak is some sort of time mage too. Wears a mask and robes. Miiraak and Bella built the piper device but the machine broke sometime after the citizens were all called here and they haven't fixed it yet. Said he's only gone about a hundred feet intot he mine and didn't know what they are doing down there. Could be a load of drek but I think doc was being straight with us. Lets reform with the aerial recon info and figure out what we can do against time magics."

Much of what Analoy recounts makes no sense to Jez. Warlocks, wizards? What the frak? She keeps her incredulity from her voice as best she can and instead asks a simple, prefaced questions. "Since I'm unfamiliar with many of those terms, think you could break that down for me in tactical terms? He mention where they were holed up? Where the townsfolk were?"

Cordelia wrote:"So boss, whats the next plan?"

Jez looks to Kat, then back to the rest of the group. Jerric sometimes bitched about officers acting without consulting the enlisted. I've got shit for intel, so let's see what's in their collective heads. "I know what I want to do, but I'd like to get your suggestions. What's your assessment of the situation, and what do you think we should do about it? No debate, let's just share ideas."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 8

"Well, the air warlock is going to blow things and shoot us with storm-type effects. And the techno-wizard is going to do whatever the heck she put into her devices. I've heard of time mages before, but don't know anything beyond what their name would imply, they're not common - at least not in Lazlo. If this many different kinds of magic-capable individual are following something they call 'the Master,' that's certainly bad news. It would be like a pack of tigers all agreeing that they should follow a bigger predator."

Susan looks in the direction of town, then back to Jez. "The range of potential capabilities with that kind of combination is practically impossible to predict. I would recommend some kind of stealth approach if possible, or even locking them down in the mine and guarding the entrance. Skin-contact aerosol poison. Nanite swarm. Do we have a drone that we can scout the interior with?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 97
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active)
I.S.P.: 148/74
T-11 Armor: Leg (R): 80/77, Leg (L): 80/77

Fiona is rather quiet. Her attention is on the Titan robot, thinking if there is any way to fix the damage in the field. Coming up with nothing she turns and looks to the group. This is more combat than I considered. Fiona thinks morosely. I am not suited to skullduggery, or stealth missions. I'm a mechanic...

"I could drive the mining machine into the mine."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Haley Marie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 am

(Rolls held)

”You’ve got me.” Haley doesn’t even realise she’s going to speak up until the words leave her mouth. Taking a breath, she continues.

”Stealth is...I’ve had extensive training, it’s one of my specialties,” she elaborates. ”If everyone left down there is some sort of spellcaster, at least one of them is likely going to have a way of seeing through...magic shadows and the like.” She hopes her pause to swallow isn’t noticeable, and she deliberately avoids looking in Analoy’s direction.

”Also, if there are tech sensors as well, this armour...well, you’ve seen for yourself,” she adds, wondering how Cordellia will react when she discovers that Haley’s armour doesn’t photograph.

”Before going into the mine, though, there’s the camp that’s a ways off from the pit. Has that been checked out yet?” she inquires, not knowing what these people had been up to before rescuing her, but knowing more intel is almost always better than less.
Haley Marie
Conditions
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24
Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100
Conditions: Cloaking

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 12:45 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown

Haley flies her Prowler around in the air as Jez pilots the jet pack around, getting a better vantage point on the surrounding area, they can even see clear all the way to Dawson Springs to the east.. While there isn’t a lot in the area, it does give them a better idea of the scope of what is there. The area with in about a quarter of a mile of the pit from the northeast to the northwest has been disturbed as if something, or more than likely multiple things, had been dragged through the dirt and grass away from the mine before the tracks end and the most of the dead creatures are located, with the larger ones closer to the mine and the smaller ones further away from it, sometimes in pieces. Upon zooming optics into it, you can tell they also have had the meat stripped away from the body, some of it looks ragged as if eaten by other animals, while others seem to have been cut away.

To the south is the makeshift camp, which covers an area of roughly two to three acres, dotted with numerous small mounds of earth having been disturbed, with about half of them not having been covered yet. Blankets are strewn across the ground with no apparent order.

Analoy reports on the intel she was able to recover and makes the suggestion for everyone to reconvene on the ground while Jez gives Haley the sign to go ahead and land again. Once back on the ground, Jez asks for clarification on terms she’s not used to, which Susan provides to the best of her ability, after which Jez asks for everyone’s opinions and suggestions.

Hayley mentions a makeshift camp about a quarter mile south of the pit to the mine, and anyone who goes to investigate will find that the shallow open mounds contain human (most likely) waste. Anyone not wearing full environmental armor and using the suit’s built in air O2 supply will have to fight the urge to vomit (save vs. Non-Leathal Poison, everybody wearing EBA and not using it’s built in O2 supply gets a +8 bonus to this save). Near the southwestern corner of the makeshift camp are two blankets that look like they are covering something up. On the radio, Captain Cullen speaks, saying ”I have a small medical team on standby, should you gals come across any survivors. Just give me a holler when they are needed. I’m going to go check on those maps for you now.”
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Haley Marie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 96

A careful stalk through the crude camp, rifle at the ready and senses peeled for signs of hostiles, is...oddly familiar, to Haley. It’s certainly nt the first time she’s done so; such activities are not uncommon for Special Forces units, which often operate in ‘enemy’ territory. Nor is it unusual to be working with non-Coalition forces in the process; training up guerrilla forces to be a genuine fighting force is part of the playbook.

This is, however, the first time she’s been the primary contact. At her rank....

Well. I guess rank is kind of irrelevant now, isn’t it? Regardless, she had been junior enough that there had always been a senior squadmate taking point on these interactions. Now....

It’s just her.

”Marie here. North-west sector of the camp; I have two unknown bundles here, covered in blankets. Requesting support before investigating. Over.” It might be better to use less...structured radio protocols, fit in better with these others while she’s with them. But it’s so...hard. There are just the way Things Are Done, and breaking that habit will be a long process.

If she is going to run with them for any length of time, however, she’s going to have to talk with Jezebel about callsigns. Even call numbers; she’ll gladly be G-3 if that means a return to some sort of normalcy.
Haley Marie
Conditions
S.D.C.: 35/24
Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100
Conditions: Cloaking

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 86

Cordelia is stumped. She isnt used to not knowing what to do, but this is not her element.
There are civilians in the mine so we cant just blow it up. If we gas it the elemental might blow it back on us. If we send in the drone may see it and start killing civilians. And if the other camp is full of dead people I aint going.
Idea.
"Maybe we can send in the drone with a message to negotiate the release of any civilians inside. Maybe if we can get the Master to come out and talk to us we can get better intel of how to proceed. Or we could better manipulate the situation."
Sounds like something from an old novel. Call the hostage taker out and then spring a trap on him. Such intrigue.

Cordelia

Postby Analoy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 20

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 104.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge

Analoy nods along to Susan's explanation of the mage types, "You know what would be awesome? An anti-magic grenade. Pop that off and then we could tear into them. Without that, we will need to be very sneaky, but they do know we're out here. The Air Warlock is bound to have told them all by now. I'm more interested in the big boss and why he needs to feed off a live person."

She kicks at the dirt some as they begin to discuss strategies for getting into the cavern and getting the unpaid workers out. "Might do good to look for a back door to the mine. Or maybe an air shaft we can go down in and get behind where these creeps think we are."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48 /23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 36

Susan makes finger-fangs. "Could be a vampire. Or any of a number of blood-drinking demons. Or a psychic vampire. We should be ready for any of that. Although I guess you can take care of it with all your magic."

"Hey, yeah, sneaking up behind them would also be effective. Do mines have more than one entrance? I've never been to one before. I wonder if I'm claustrophobic. I really wish we had a scout drone and some programmable nanite swarms. I doubt a bunch of no-tech mages would be able to counter that."

As reports of the camp come in, Sounds like they were dumping slave waste and probably bodies over there... "WHAT'S UNDER THE BLANKETS?!"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy grins at Susan, "The magic I use is limited and very specific in what it can do." She touches some of the tattoos scattered over her body, "Each one represents a certain magical effect. Be that weapon, animal or power." She glances around, wondering if she's said too much about herself.

Continuing, Analoy changes the subject away from herself, "You would think there would be more than one entrance to the mine. Even a minor one. Without it, a tunnel collapse would be a death sentence. But who knows what these back woods locals have done over the years. As is, it sounded like the mine has changed hands several times over the years and any one of the past occupants could have done god knows what in there."

Analoy stops talking and looks toward Jez and Kat. An enclosed space with that many hostages. Not good. who knows what will happen when the shooting starts. Glad its not my call on how we should start this.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan nods, "Exactly, magic vampires, magic demons, magic weapons, magic death. You are our star player in this sense."

Analoy keeps talking about tunnels and... things. "ARGH! We need some kind of map, or clarity. Clarity made of so many nanites."

"WHAT"S UNDER THE BLANKETS?!?"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 62

Analoy wrote:"You know what would be awesome? An anti-magic grenade. Pop that off and then we could tear into them. Without that, we will need to be very sneaky, but they do know we're out here. The Air Warlock is bound to have told them all by now. I'm more interested in the big boss and why he needs to feed off a live person. Might do good to look for a back door to the mine. Or maybe an air shaft we can go down in and get behind where these creeps think we are."

Jez whips out her pocket computer and transmits the visual data she gathered from her aerial recon to it, then passes the hand-held device around to everyone. "Take a good look at what I recorded and speak up if you see anything which looks like there might be such in the vicinity."
Cordelia wrote:"Maybe we can send in the drone with a message to negotiate the release of any civilians inside. Maybe if we can get the Master to come out and talk to us we can get better intel of how to proceed. Or we could better manipulate the situation."

We have a drone? "See to it. Call on Fiona if you need technical help." I doubt these slavers would care much about negotiation, but what's to lose?
Susan Lee wrote:"Could be a vampire. Or any of a number of blood-drinking demons. Or a psychic vampire. We should be ready for any of that. Although I guess you can take care of it with all your magic. Hey, yeah, sneaking up behind them would also be effective. Do mines have more than one entrance? I've never been to one before. I wonder if I'm claustrophobic. I really wish we had a scout drone and some programmable nanite swarms. I doubt a bunch of no-tech mages would be able to counter that."

Jez simply looks to Cordelia and Fiona for response to Susan's question & suggestion.
Analoy wrote:"You would think there would be more than one entrance to the mine. Even a minor one. Without it, a tunnel collapse would be a death sentence. But who knows what these back woods locals have done over the years. As is, it sounded like the mine has changed hands several times over the years and any one of the past occupants could have done god knows what in there."

Outwardly, Jez nods. Inwardly Jez does a quick calculation. Meaning that it's a total unknown. Hostile territory where we know nothing of the local geography and the slavers have a distinct home field advantage.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Conditions
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 49

Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 35
Lore: Magic 63%: 1d100 = 51
Mythology (Greek) 53%: 1d100 = 65 (four elements, weaknesses)
History: Post-Apocalyptic (MercTown Area) 78%: 1d100 = 63 (local history and lore)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 71
General Repair and Maintenance 58%: 1d100 = 66

Hiding underground doesn't seem like the right move for an Air Warlock to Kat. The City Rat takes to eyeing the branches and tops of trees, looking for someone hiding. Dwarves in a mine sure, but not an Air Warlock. They'd wanna sleep under the stars.

When Cordelia offers to try drawing a map, Kat nods at the suggestion.

After the dwarf's final revelation, Kat speaks up.

Kat does her best to loom over the dwarf and asks him more important questions. "Where is the device Bella made, and where are the civilians?"

"I think we need to permanently neutralize the mind control device first. Wouldn't do to have us turn on each other. Fi, I know you ain't a specialist on Techno-Wizardry, but they're just machines. The gemstones are normally the sources of power. I think you should take the lead on that. Maybe take the doc with you." Kat still sealed up in her armor, tilts her head questioningly at Jez, signalling for a sign of approval from her partner.

Kat attempts to download Jez's files to her Naruni suit's onboard computer. Kat spreads all her guns out.

"Demons, fae critters, and demigods often have specific weaknesses. Silver, bone, meteoric iron and wood are ones I know of. It really depends on what kinda monster the master ends up being."Kat levers a round into her Naruni plasma rifle, and checks the readouts on her family heirloom. "The time wizard sounds like a Temporal Warrior. They have some nifty tricks like hiding in holes in space-time, but they mostly are cannon fodder for their teachers. I can't imagine an Air Warlock spending any real amount of time underground so he's probably got his eyes on us right now. Elemental types like being around their elements of choice."

"Did your scans find a secondary entrance, partner?" To her credit, Kat is trying to look over the images and scans herself while asking Jezebel the question, but Kat still has a sinking suspicion the group is being watched, so Kat's still looking around more and at the data less.

While talking and eyeing her surroundings in a paranoid manner, the City Rat turned mercenary straps her L-20 to her back, the Colt with the silver rounds in her left holster in a crossdraw arrangement, an NE-6SL in her right holster, and packs up everything else other than the lever action, the heirloom, and a wireless camera back into her gun bag.

Kat tosses her wallet in the bag and loads all the ammo and E-Clips she can into her pants pockets. Then she slings her family heirloom over her shoulder and picks up her lever action, loading one more plasma cartridge into the internal tube magazine to make up for the one she chambered. Kat tosses the bag into Fiona's rig. Then she hooks the wireless camera up to her armor to transmit the signal to her optical implant.

"If not, we only have one real option. The front door. This little doo-dad should let me look around corners, so I don't mind taking point. The Temporal Warrior means we always watch our 6 carefully." Kat waves the camera around in her left hand.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:42 pm

(rolls carried over)

Kat Porter wrote:"I think we need to permanently neutralize the mind control device first. Wouldn't do to have us turn on each other. Fi, I know you ain't a specialist on Techno-Wizardry, but they're just machines. The gemstones are normally the sources of power. I think you should take the lead on that. Maybe take the doc with you." Kat still sealed up in her armor, tilts her head questioningly at Jez, signalling for a sign of approval from her partner. Kat attempts to download Jez's files to her Naruni suit's onboard computer. Kat spreads all her guns out.

Jez nods approvingly and facilitates the data transfer if need be.
Kat Porter wrote:"Demons, fae critters, and demigods often have specific weaknesses. Silver, bone, meteoric iron and wood are ones I know of. It really depends on what kinda monster the master ends up being. The time wizard sounds like a Temporal Warrior. They have some nifty tricks like hiding in holes in space-time, but they mostly are cannon fodder for their teachers. I can't imagine an Air Warlock spending any real amount of time underground so he's probably got his eyes on us right now. Elemental types like being around their elements of choice. Did your scans find a secondary entrance, partner?"

Jez frowns. "No, not that I've been able to discern. Everyone have a good look and point out if you think you see one."
Kat Porter wrote:"If not, we only have one real option. The front door. This little doo-dad should let me look around corners, so I don't mind taking point. The Temporal Warrior means we always watch our 6 carefully."

Jez nods grimly. "That's our least desirable option, but the only one I can see if we can't find a back door."
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby The Bos » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Time: 1:00 pm
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.

Haley reports in that she found two covered bundles, requesting support from the rest of the team. Cordelia provides some ideas as to how to deal with the situation. Analoy suggests that they look for alternative means of entering the mines, and as she does so, a thought creeps into her mind as to what Bella’s master could be. A creature who has access to powerful time magic and requires to feed off of living creatures, she’s relatively certain that it is a Temporal Raider! Temporal Wizards and Warriors must submit themselves for no less than six years to these wretched things. She’s only encountered one other of their kind in her life, and that was from a distance as it was conducting a raid against the Splugorth on Atlantis. Analoy then explains to Jez how she is able to use magic. Susan offers up her ideas on what the creature could be before shouting very loudly over the radio, twice.

Jez passes around video intel she gathered around the site, and as she reviews the information, she sees two or three areas that could be ventilation shafts, as well as some cliffs that overlook a ravine a little over a quarter of a mile away. The first ventilation shaft is about 500’ away from the entrance, with the second being about another 400’ from there. Kat tells Cordelia to go ahead and sketch a map, then tries to ask the dwarf one last question, but Captain Cullen already started pulling away before she could. She then asks Fiona if she is able to deactivate the device, even though she’s not a Techno-Wizard. Kat goes on to tell Fi that normally gemstones are the power source for TW devices (even though she’s not really sure just how often this really is the case, she is 100% sure that the gems are an essential part of the TW device). Kat then tells Jez about how many supernatural creatures have specific weaknesses that they can exploit, as well as saying that one of the spell casters is a Temporal Warrior, but something is nagging at the back of her mind about the description of Bella’s master, like she’s heard it somewhere before. Looking at the scans that Jez provides, she is able to see one area that likely contains a ventilation shaft, but when she looks up, her sensors indicate two downward columns of air, going into the ground. After adjusting her gear, she informs Jez that she has a Plan B if they have to go into the main entrance, an idea that Jez is not fond of.

Just then, Captain Cullen comes on the radio, saying to them ”Good news. I was able to dig up some old maps to the mine. I don’t know how current they are, it’s a start.” After that, Jez recieves a data transmission receipt request, and the files won’t start downloading until she confirms the request. Haley says she’s going to activate her suit’s stealth systems to demonstrate just how good they are, and with a flash of light and a pop, she disappears into thin air.

Bashear Point Mine Composite Interior 01.jpg
The Bos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 59
Art 60% 1d100 = 39

Cordelia gets giggly when shes giddy with joy. When Kat tells her to draw a map she shakes like jello all over and does a little jump. She removes her helmet and opens her bag and gets her necessary equipment to draw a map. She starts by looking over the scans and pictures of the area she has. This should be easy enough. She looks at the maps of the mine from Captain Cuteness. She starts drawing the details to scale with a ruler and then begins to embellish the details with different colors. Her mind begins to wander as she works.
As she looks at the map of the mine a terrible thought crossed her mind. Techno wizards use Gems to make their devices. gems come from mines.

"Captain Cullen sir? Do you know what was mined out of this mine?" How long have they been here?
a techno wizard could have built something by then.

Cordelia

Postby Analoy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 58

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 89.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge

Analoy brows furrow for a moment as something tickles her brain, "You know, the main guy could be a Temporal Raider. From what the dwarves have said, it meets all the requirements. And they keep Temporal Wizards and Warriors as lackeys. I've only encountered one of them before and that was from a distance as it was on a raid against the Splugorth in Atlantis." She glances around at the others as she drops the two big names.

When Captain Cullen's voice crackles to life from the radio and transmits the maps, Analoy smiles and says, "There are likely to be some changes, but tunnels are difficult and expensive to dig. One reason to kidnap the villagers. I'd have to guess there may be some collapses and a few new branches at the very least though."

If she gets a look at the maps, Analoy says, "That collapsed mine cart bridge might have been repaired, if they went further into the mine. There's likely something built to cross the underground river too. Or its not that deep. If not, I've got enough energy to activate my flight spell and can ferry people across." She looks back at the map, then asks, "Just where does that air shaft come in at?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:21 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 3
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 55

Advanced Math 83%: 1d100 = 16
Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 95

Looking over the inside of the mine, Kat's mood does not lighten one iota. Hades, they got water in there. That removes waiting for them to come out from the equation too. "Water means no waiting them out, either." Kat grunts out.

Analoy mentioning a Temporal Raider causes the City Rat to snap her fingers. "Right, that explains the Warrior. Damn, that's what was bugging me.

"I wonder where the water comes from and where it goes. That might be a way in too." Then the city rat spins the image so the position of the entrance matches the position of the real entrance. Then Kat jabs her finger at the tunnel on the opposite side. "Where's that?" Kat tries to do the math based on scales of the maps.
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Fiona » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6/29%
Just in case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 56

Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 1d20 = 17

Kat Porter wrote:"I think we need to permanently neutralize the mind control device first. Wouldn't do to have us turn on each other. Fi, I know you ain't a specialist on Techno-Wizardry, but they're just machines. The gemstones are normally the sources of power. I think you should take the lead on that. Maybe take the doc with you."

Fiona furrows her brow. "Yeah given a few moments I should be able to operate the device, techno-wizardy or not. Joys of being a psychic. If you want Cordelia to go with me, that's fine." Sweet Angel of Combustion, deliver me. Fiona thinks morbidly to herself.

When people begin to talk of drones, Fiona sighs. "That would be a negative, I don't have one, and building one in the field is not an option. So unless someone actually has a drone, not much of an option. As for a Nanite Swarm, I don't even know what that is."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy grins over at Fiona, "Don't sweat it. Just remember its a machine, magic or not, if you start removing bits and taking it apart, its not likely to function."

Turning to Kat, Analoy says, "An underground river could run for miles. It may not even come to the surface. And god knows what's lurking in it."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 75

Susan looks intently down at the map.

"Some things: 1. Kentucky sits on a ton of limestone and shale. Water filters down from the surface, then creates ridiculous underground rivers, caves, sinkholes. It's probably just coming down from filtered water. This area for hundreds of miles to the south is littered with similar phenomena."

She looks around at everyone else. "What? If you want to know someone learn their bones, then work outward. It's the same way for a place."

"2. A nanite swarm is, essentially, thousands of microscopic drones that can invade the target's body. It would have been extremely useful here, at least on the dwarves. I will see about acquiring some in MercTown after our INEVITABLE SUCCESS."

"3. Are you all saying that these people we're fighting are temporary employees?"

She looks again at the map. "I think once we're past that initial area, things are going to get very bad, very confusing, and very twisty. Looking at the map makes me dizzy. If possible, we should try to finish our business in the first section of caverns. But I'm a doctor, not a tactician."

Sweet Reason, does Cordelia actually LIKE Cullen?!?

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 82

Analoy wrote:"That collapsed mine cart bridge might have been repaired, if they went further into the mine. There's likely something built to cross the underground river too. Or its not that deep. If not, I've got enough energy to activate my flight spell and can ferry people across. Just where does that air shaft come in at?"

Jez nods along then contributes, "I'd wager those two southern entries are the ventilation shafts gauging by their relatively small size. Still, on the plus side this seems to be a case of branch mining as opposed to shaft mining, so we shouldn't be going very deep."
Kat Porter wrote:"I wonder where the water comes from and where it goes. That might be a way in too." Then Kat jabs her finger at the tunnel on the opposite side. "Where's that?"

"Dunno. No scale for reference," Jez states matter-of-factly. The number of tunnels practically makes this a maze. Splitting up more than necessary could be a recipe for an ambush. "Nix the splitting up idea. We do need a means of monitoring the exits, however." She looks up to the others. "We have spare video assets we can rig to monitor the exits? If not, we might have to chance just flushing the targets. Any way we can detect the vehicle underground?"
Susan Lee wrote:"Some things: 1. Kentucky sits on a ton of limestone and shale. Water filters down from the surface, then creates ridiculous underground rivers, caves, sinkholes. It's probably just coming down from filtered water. This area for hundreds of miles to the south is littered with similar phenomena. What? If you want to know someone learn their bones, then work outward. It's the same way for a place. 2. A nanite swarm is, essentially, thousands of microscopic drones that can invade the target's body. It would have been extremely useful here, at least on the dwarves. I will see about acquiring some in MercTown after our INEVITABLE SUCCESS. 3. Are you all saying that these people we're fighting are temporary employees? I think once we're past that initial area, things are going to get very bad, very confusing, and very twisty. Looking at the map makes me dizzy. If possible, we should try to finish our business in the first section of caverns. But I'm a doctor, not a tactician."

"Good info, and good points all around, Susan. Kat, private channel."

Jez kicks over to her secure channel for Kat. "Well, we've insufficient numbers to ensure we don't flush our quarry, but concentrated we should be able to overpower them. Any info on the hostage townsfolk? Suggestions?"
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:47 am

(Rolls Held)

Kat pulls her second camera out of her bag. "I got these two, that's it. I want one for lookin' round corners. But we could set up the other one." Kat tosses the camera to Jez and zips the Naruni duffel back up.

"As far as the hostages are concerned, I'm only really worried about Fixer's family. The rest of the townsfolk we will help if we can but not at the risk to us, Sully, his family, or the Magic Miner. There could be some useful talent, there, though. That girl in the truck said there was another psychic among the hostages, and I imagine there are a few people with experience as soldiers for hire this close to MercTown. The real concern is the mind control device."
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:29 pm

Cordelia, the bubbling cauldron of joy that she is, is very excited that her offer to draw a map had been approved by Kat and proceeds to spend nearly an hour doing just that, while also trying to line the map up with the above ground landmarks such, such as the mine entrance. She also asks Captain Cullen what had been mined from there, ”It’s an old, abandoned coal mine.” he informs them. Analoy informs them that Bella’s master is most likely a Temporal Raider and provides her opinions about the map. Kat looks at the map and mentions the tactical options she now feels are likely to be ineffective.

Fiona informs Kat that she’ll be able to work a Techno-Wizard device, and then gets confused about who Kat had suggested to tag along with the mechanic. Susan demonstrates knowledge of the wider world in addition to her medical knowledge, then describes a nanite swarm to the group, before bringing up concerns about working in the mines. Jez makes guesses as to where the air ventilation shafts are and discusses tactics. Kat tosses a second camera to Jez before talking about mission priorities with Jez.

Kat, Jez, Susan, and Fiona notice a large winged shadow cross over them as Cordelia presents her version of the map...
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 79
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 97

Jez wrote:"We have spare video assets we can rig to monitor the exits? If not, we might have to chance just flushing the targets. Any way we can detect the vehicle underground?"

Jez looks pointedly around at the GIRLS, especially their resident technical expert, Fiona. "Well? Don't just stand there like a bunch of lightning-struck Jujacs. Spill it--even if it's bad news."
Kat wrote:Kat pulls her second camera out of her bag. "I got these two, that's it. I want one for lookin' round corners. But we could set up the other one." Kat tosses the camera to Jez and zips the Naruni duffel back up.

Jez looks again to Fiona, then considers who's been doing what, and so looks to Cordelia as well. "Can either of you set this thing up to transmit video to my heads-up display?"
Kat wrote:"As far as the hostages are concerned, I'm only really worried about Fixer's family. The rest of the townsfolk we will help if we can but not at the risk to us, Sully, his family, or the Magic Miner. There could be some useful talent, there, though. That girl in the truck said there was another psychic among the hostages, and I imagine there are a few people with experience as soldiers for hire this close to MercTown. The real concern is the mind control device."

Rescuing Fixer's family will get us paid, rescuing everyone will get us fame...which will get us juicier contracts than this drek in the future. We'll do both, even if you don't like it, Kat. Jez sizes up the wealthy street rat from behind her goggles and shakes her head inwardly. Eventually you'll realize that doing the right thing is often also the most lucrative thing to do in the long-run. "The mind control device, yeah. That's gotta be top priority as it can nullify the gains we've made so far. Ladies, last chance for input before we send you on some suicide missions..."

GM wrote:Kat, Jez, Susan, and Fiona notice a large winged shadow cross over them as Cordelia presents her version of the map.

Jez glances up and rolls her eyes behind her goggles. "Susan, some air defense, please. Us GIRLS should value our privacy."
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 33
Computer Operation 75% 1d100 = 22

Cordelia displays the map with all the flair she can muster. "TAA- DAA" she sings
"I colored it and it should be to scale as well as we have it from my reference materials.
She hands it over to her superiors and beams from a job well done.
Jez looks again to Fiona, then considers who's been doing what, and so looks to Cordelia as well. "Can either of you set this thing up to transmit video to my heads-up display?"

Cordelia snatches the camera like a child with a new toy. "Ooo. I like cameras of all kinds. should be a piece of cake." note to self get cake
She quickly eyes the cameras options and functions and Jezebels HUD functions.

Cordelia

Postby Fiona » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 15

Fiona was going to link the camera to Jezebel's HUD, but Cordelia steals it too quickly for that to happen. Man I love being yelled at. So much fun. Fiona shakes her head. "So we have a bunch of camera's, an unknown amount of trouble makers, in a mine that we likely don't have an accurate map to. Yeah our best bet by my reckoning is to just go in there and work our way to the end. The kidnapers, are unlikely to know what person we're here for, so they won't be able to use that against us." Fiona says loud enough to be heard by the group.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 22
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC d100: 1d100 = 73

If Kat notices Jez staring at her after Kat's statement on priorities, the City Rat rolls her eyes under her helmet. Fuck, my partner is a goody-two-shoes. Do what you want, dumbass, but I'm not risking me for people who aren't the payday. And if you decide to get yourself in shit trying to save everyone, I'll leave you down there too.

After Jez lets anyone else say their piece, Kat grunts out. "Alright then, let's get going." To the little girl from the village, Kat points to Fiona's truck. "Stay put. If we don't come out by nightfall, follow the road back to that town we bypassed."

When the shadow falls over Kat, she lifts her family heirloom* to her shoulder and looks to the air. Tracking her target, Kat will fire one aimed shot.

Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 5d6 = 20

*The NEMA Liberator rifle.
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 71

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 60.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge

Analoy listens along after giving her appraisal of the map, letting their leaders come to a plan for assault. Heads up straight in frontal assault it is.

When the shadow passes overhead, Analoy looks up as she hears Jez give an order to take the winged beast out. huh, I didn't even notice that.

Turning back to Jez, Analoy says, "After the bird is dispatched, I suggest we enter through one of the ventilation shafts. They know we're coming and at least then we might not start off sighted right down their barrels." She gives a little shrug that says, just saying. Its your call though. I'll do whichever
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 26

Susan is already raising her energy rifle to kill the poor, controlled vulture even before Jez speaks. And then Kat shoots it down.

It's like using tissue paper as a spy.

"I believe Analoy is correct that our best bet is to try to come in somewhere behind the main entrance, hoping that they won't be expecting us and, in a best-case scenario keeping them from retreating further into the mine. It would be nice if there were a way to pinpoint the mind control device's location. We could expect some help from the captured psychic and perhaps others."

She thinks for a moment, "Do we have any kind of smoke or gas grenades we could use to cover an entrance? Perhaps set up some kind of distraction with explosives at the main entrance, trigger them remotely, then go in an air shaft?"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:46 am

Susan Lee wrote:She thinks for a moment, "Do we have any kind of smoke or gas grenades we could use to cover an entrance? Perhaps set up some kind of distraction with explosives at the main entrance, trigger them remotely, then go in an air shaft?"

Jez frowns. "I left mine in the hangar, but I could cause a cave-in easily enough with the TR."
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Townsend wrote:

That's no mutant vulture!
Jez barks at her team to give her the information, even if it’s not good, before asking Fiona or Cordelia to set the camera up to transmit to her helmet. Cordelia immediately snatches the camera up before Fiona even has a chance to react. Continuing on, Jez concurs with Kat’s assessment of making the mind control device a top priority. Analoy makes a comment about trying to enter via one of the ventilation shafts, and Susan agrees with her. Fiona breaks the situation down as she personally sees it and gives her opinion on the matter when she get a mental image of roaring flames with a general sense of immediate grave danger.

Jez gives Susan a command to provide air defense, but Kat beats her to the punch firing her rifle off, but Kat’s gun jumps a little, and right about that time, everyone looks to the sky expecting to see a mutant vulture, but instead the find a reptilian looking winged beast that is about 60 feet long with a 100 foot wide wing span and bright red scales gleaming in the sun. This is no bird, nor is it a plane. This is a dragon.

The great beast lets out an angry sounding roar as Kat’s shot goes past its head and it tucks its wings as it begins a steep dive and turn as it is speeding towards the group from 600 feet away...

What are you doing?
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 23

As the dragon dives at them, all the blood drains from Susan's face. She steps behind Jez, then glances at the built-in radar tracking of her HUD to confirm this monster is real.

If it IS real, she says, "Instructions, PLEASE!" Then moves behind the combat robot for cover.

If it is not real, she looks for dwarves sneaking up on them, going through infrared to counter invisibility, checking the radar, etc.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 78
Conditions: None, Sixth Sense (Inactive till 90')

If Combat is Initiated
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 13 (If Sixth Sense is triggered.)
Number of Attacks: 5

Action One-Five: Run away.

Dodge: 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 6.

Fi is amused and unamused by the situation. "So let's get about our job on I guess." Fi says before the dragon situation comes to her notice.

Lord of Fire preserve me. Fi thinks as she runs away from the area in hopes of not being eaten by a dragon.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 97
Atcks: 6
Init: 1d20+1 = 20

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 60.5/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 MDC

"Hahahaha" Analoy lets out a burst of laughter at the sight of the dragon, "So this is how our luck runs." Raising her fist in what looks like a defensive manor, there is a flicker of magical energy as she powers up the magical armor contained in the ring on her hand. She stands her ground, even with some of the others scattering, and gives the doctor's questions a nod, "If we are to fight this, we will be stronger together. Though it might be better to reason with it."

Analoy glances over at Fiona running away, "Plus, if we run, we could just look like scattering prey." As she waits for whatever is going to happen next, Analoy keeps Zdeslav in hand and pulls her Snare Gun with her off hand. Worst case, the snare could slow it down....maybe that's the best case. She keeps a cockeyed grin on her face as she ponders what tattoos will help her survive what appears to be headed for them.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Susan looks at the radar readout on her HUD, but she had never taken the time before to learn what it all means, and so at glance, she can gain no valuable information from it. However, the laser distancer that is built into her helmet is giving her a readout of roughly 600' to the great beast, and she's never heard of laser distancers being stopped by an illusion as if it were real...
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 14 (+10 to result vs. Magic Illusion, +8 to result vs. psionics) / 1d100 = 74
Sensory Equipment 90% (merged) / 1d100 = 44 (Perception & sensory info from EBA sensors vs. alleged dragon)

Jez looks up to perceive this giant, flying, reptile that everyone is looking up at. She checks her HUD for results regarding the aerial curiosity. What the frak is that thing? (Jez has no experience with such beasts, nor any useful lore.) She notices Analoy seems to be confident and standing her ground, so Jez steps closer to Analoy. I don't know what this is or what to do, but Annie seems to, so let's hold off on barking orders and just remain calm. She says audibly to Analoy, "You sure about this, Annie? By the way, what is that?" She again checks her HUD for info from the suit's IFF & targeting computer and advanced sensors. Just in case, she exposes her left fist as she merges her right with her NE-95.

Contingent Combat Stuff
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 26
Non-Combat Action: Merge w/gun & unzip one glove

Contingency: If the dragon attacks, Jez will spring into action and dash towards her TR at a full sprint.
Action 1: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 11, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 2: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 17, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 3: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 22, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 4: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 10, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 5: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 14, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 6: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 15, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 7: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 13, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 8: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 23, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 9: Strike w/NE-95: 1d20+5 = 9, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Contingency: If at any time the dragon is aggressive and closes to within melee range, Jez will strike with powered punches.
Action 1: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 10 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 61
Action 2: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 24 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 55
Action 3: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 15 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 59
Action 4: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 21 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 58
Action 5: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 28 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 60
Action 6: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 15 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 64
Action 7: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 19 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 59
Action 8: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 27 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 62
Action 9: Strike w/powered fist: 1d20+9 = 19 (-100 PTP), Damage: 3d6+50 = 68

Just In-Case Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 31, 1d20+15 = 22, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 25, 1d20+15 = 25, 1d20+15 = 18, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 20
Just In-Case Dodges (+15 included): 1d20+15 = 30, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 27, 1d20+15 = 19, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 26, 1d20+15 = 23, 1d20+15 = 24

Intentions: If the dragon is aggressive, herill fight her way to the TR, firing or punch as needed. She will sacrifice one action to merge with the TR once she reaches it. Dodges are a higher priority than strikes.
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:40 pm

ROLLS HELD

Because Jez and Analoy are holding (and not because she's on combat drugs), Susan takes cover under the giant robot.

"600 foot distance to target confirmed by laser."

She then scans the treeline anyway, believing that the dwarves will attack in tandem with the dragon, but also getting ready to run the hell away.

Jez and Analoy can handle this. Or buy time.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:12 pm

[rolls held]

Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%=1d100 = 29
Save vs HF: 1d20+6 = 22

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 60.5/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Armor of Ithan: 60/60 MDC

Analoy keeps her eyes on the beast as it flies toward them but says to Jez without turning her head, "That is a Dragon. Magic, Psi and tough as can be. And it will be on top of us in moments. Running isn't a bad idea but I think its too late for that. Don't shoot again until we know what its doing." If this goes bad Annie, grab Jez and book it super fast. Saving one boss might earn some points. Sorry Kat, you shot at it. I doubt it'll let you go if its pissed.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 98
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% 1d100 = 71

Cordelia was looking at the HUD display menu and did not really process that there was a shadow until she finished. Everyone else had already reacted to its presence. holy Disney
She has seen Dragons in books enough to know this is bad
"WAAAAAAA!" She screamed out and slumped to her knees in futility and began sobbing.

Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 36
JIC D20: 3d20:
4, 3, 11

JIC d100: 3d100:
15, 7, 21

Kat's gone and stepped in something decidedly fecal-smelling again. The City Rat prays silently that dragons are color-coded like in the old Pre-Rifts cartoons she's seen. Oh Zeus, please let this work like Charizard. And then the City Rat puts a freeze pellet directly down the dragon's mouth. If that doesn't work, Kat starts running and firing a burst or trying to dodge as appropriate.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19

A1: Activate Force Field
A2-A3: Called shot (head) Absolute Zero Pellet, EP Crit Success Damage 7d6 = 25*2=50 MD
A5: Burst Particle Beam EP Critical Success Damage: 2d4*10 = 50x2=100 OR Dodge as needed (Same EP)
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Townsend wrote:

Yes Virginia, that is a real dragon

Jez moves next to Analoy, who activates one of her tattoos and laughs at the dragon, speaking more to herself than anyone else. Fiona bolts and makes a run for it while Susan checks her HUD but gains no useful information that way. Kat activates her forcefield as the dragon steadily flies forward, leveling out about ten feet off of the ground and Cordelia cries out and crumples to the ground in fear.

Jez asks Analoy if she’s sure about what they are about to do and what that creature is, to which Analoy replies to her that it’s a dragon. Fiona keeps running while Susan hides gets a laser distance reading and calls it out to the group. Kat steadily aims her rifle at the dragon’s head. The dragon roars ”Thieves!” as it flies onward.

Jez and Analoy stay their ground as Fiona keeps running and Susan scans the horizon, firmly believing all this to be one of the other dwarf’s tricks as Kat fires an Ice Pellet from her rifle and hits the dragon square in the forehead. Fiona keeps running as Susan runs for cover behind the Titan Robot. The scales turn white and crack slightly, causing the great beast to roar before he unleashes a gout of superheated flame (25 MD), forcing Kat to successfully dodge out of the way, while Analoy tries and fails to get out of path of the flames..

With that, Jez starts firing her Naruni Double Threat, and her aim is true but the plasma does no damage to the dragon’s hide. Kat comes back up from dodging the dragon’s firey breath and fires the rifle’s particle beam, barely landing a blow and leaving a small wound compared to the dragon’s great size. Fiona keeps running as Susan keeps heading to put the robot vehicle between her and the dragon, who lands and roars ”Plunderers!”.

Jez continues to run and gun as she moves toward her robot vehicle, scoring another hit that does no damage. Fiona keeps running as Susan just reaches the Titan. The dragon lifts a mighty paw and swats it down on Kat, flattening her to the ground (14 MD). Jez is able to shoot the dragon twice more as she runs for her war machine, still dealing no damage, before she climbs and enters the cockpit of the robot vehicle.

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC

Attention!!!
I had mentioned in Hangouts a couple of times and even had Eric post a Poll on said subject concerning James' return to the group (The poll can be found here), I have not gotten much response. We already have half of the group who have said yes, but I want every member of the group to vote in the poll before the next GM post!!! Please and thank you!
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 80
Invoke Trust: 88% / EP critical success

Jez, merged with her TR, activates the loudspeaker and calls out. "Hold your fire, everyone! Who the frak you calling a thief, Dragon? We're not thieves, we're investigating the report of a missing person!" Jez makes a hard gamble, "You know Fixer? Fixer Jones of Merctown? He reported his family over here went missing." What the frak is going on? Is this...thing for real or is he being manipulated? Jez steps the TR in a non-threatening manner toward the dragon. She points the business end of the TR's massive rail gun toward the sky in a gesture of good faith. "We're not here to steal, and we've no quarrel with you, dragon."

Contingency if the dragon persists in its attack like an irrational beast:
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 26
Non-Combat Action: Weapon Systems ☞ 75%+25% (merged) 100% / 1d100 = 60
Action 1: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 16, Damage: 2d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 2: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 20, Damage: 2d6*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 3: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 13, Damage: 2d6*10 = 100 M.D.
Action 4: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 21, Damage: 2d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 5: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 19, Damage: 2d6*10 = 90 M.D.
Action 6: Jez will repeat her plea for sanity. "We're not thieves, we're investigating the report of a missing person!"
Action 7: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 23, Damage: 2d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 8: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 15, Damage: 2d6*10 = 90 M.D.
Action 9: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 16, Damage: 2d6*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 10: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 13, Damage: 2d6*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 11: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 26, Damage: 2d6*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 12: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 12, Damage: 2d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 13: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 26, Damage: 2d6*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 14: Strike w/Rail gun arm: 1d20+10 = 14, Damage: 2d6*10 = 70 M.D.

Defensive note: should combat continue, Jez will interpose herself in the TR between the dragon and any of her teammates, and attempt to parry any melee attacks directed towards them.
Parries (bonuses included): 1d20+17 = 28, 1d20+17 = 24, 1d20+17 = 32, 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 27, 1d20+17 = 36, 1d20+17 = 33, 1d20+17 = 28, 1d20+17 = 27, 1d20+17 = 24, 1d20+17 = 27, 1d20+17 = 30, 1d20+17 = 24, 1d20+17 = 31
Auto-Dodges (bonuses included): 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 16

Contingency if the dragon chooses to engage in dialogue:
Jez continues to speak over the loudspeaker. "Okay, before we decide to kill each other, let's make sure there's just cause for such. What do you think is happening here, dragon, and how do you come by that idea?"

NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/16
Conditions

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 28
JIC d20: 3d20:
9, 1, 3

JIC d100: 3d100:
77, 7, 87

Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 63 (Checking Sensors*)

Kat's not exactly happy that Jez is trying to talk AFTER Kat gets batted around like... well, a cat toy. But she'll give her partner's silver tongue a try.

If the City Rat can get to her feet, she will. As the thing seemed to respond to the cold more than the particle beam, if Kat can adjust the rifle back to the freeze pellet setting, she will. Kat will refrain from pointing the rifle directly at the dragon- until it tries to eat her or cook her, at least.

If Kat's pinned under the dragon's foot, no such niceties apply. One Freeze Pellet loaded rifle will remain pointed at the dragon's head.

After Jez's spiel, Kat mutters to herself quietly. "If we robbed a dragon hoard we wouldn't be trying so hard to work for a living. I sure as Hades wouldn't stand around under open air." The City Rat checks her sensors to make sure nobody's trying to escape the area while the GIRLS are distracted.

Contingency: Combat Ensues

Kat will try to roll to about 20 feet away from the dragon. The City Rat can't actually remember if Jez's Titan 'bot uses missiles, but safe is better than sorry. The City Rat will then put another pellet into the dragon's dome.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19
APM: 5

A1: Flee dragon's immediate vicinity. (Dodge if needed: 1d20+6 = 25)
A2-A4: Aimed Called Shot (Freeze Pellet) at Dragons head** Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 Damage: 7d6 = 25x2=50 MD
A5: Burst Strike: 1d20+4 = 20*** Damage: 2d4*10 = 30

*Do I really have to make notes for self explanatory skill rolls?
**called shot penalties not included. I don't know if I'd qualify an adult dragon's head as a 'small target' so I leave that to GM Fiat. Hunh.... Doesn't matter with a nat 20 anyway....
***1/2 WP bonus, 1/2 weapon bonus, burst bonus
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 77
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 96
Atcks: 6
Init: 1d20+1 = 15

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 60.25/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Armor of Ithan: 60/47 MDC

Analoy cringes as the flames wash around part of her magic armor. Good thing that's in place or I'd be a crispy critter. Hearing the Dragon's statement, Analoy shouts back at the great beast, "Does it look like we have any of your shit!"

When Jez lays into the Dragon with a more verbose explanation, Analoy thinks, Okay, you tell It boss but I'm staying on my toes in the meantime. She stays ready to dodge any incoming attacks until is clear the Dragon isn't going to join the conversation.

If the dragon doesn't stop the fight, Analoy will use her super speed to charge the dragon's leg pinning Kat and will lay into the with her mace, Zdeslav, as she tries to free their co-leader.

1. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 25
2. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 20
3. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 13
4. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 18 OR Strike: 1d20+2 = 7 Dmg: 2d12+2 = 17 MD
5. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 20 OR Strike: 1d20+2 = 6 Dmg: 2d12 = 13 MD
6. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 13 OR Strike: 1d20+2 = 13 Dmg: 2d12 = 20 MD
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 41

The searing hot kiss of flame sent Cordelia into reality. She jumps up and runs. She begins searching for cover.
Something not flammable. She can barely see through the tears in her eyes. She cries out to the dragon
Language: Dragonese/Elven 84% 1d100 = 53 " We come in peace. We mean you no harm!"

Cordelia will run until she finds cover and draw her weapon.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
Cordelia

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 52

Ahhhh! Robot moving!

Susan wonders if Jez is reading her mind as her commander starts talking to the dragon. Then she focuses again on the perimeter, while keeping an ear on the Jez/Dragon conversation.

Option 1: The Dragon Calms Down
Susan lowers her weapon, while keeping an eye out for dwarves, while listening carefully to Countess Jez's negotiations. (use below attacks if she spots a dwarf) Use below shots in that case.

Option 2: The Dragon Gets Put Down
Oh crap, I really didn't think that was a real dragon, in spite of everything! How was this not a trick?!?
Pew Pew?
Ion Blast - [dice]1d20+6[/dice} Damage [dice]3d6[/dice]

Parry? - 1d20+10 = 25
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 13
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 27
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 16
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 16
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 23
Parry? - 1d20+10 = 12

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 1
Conditions: None, Sixth Sense
I.S.P.: 148/72

Initiative: 1d20 = 20
Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Turn around and drop prone.
Action Two: Shoot NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol at the Dragon from a relatively safe distance of 450' away. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 23 Critical; Damage: 3d6 = 14 M.D. (28 M.D.)
Action Three: Shoot NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol at the Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 14; Damage: 3d6 = 9 M.D.)
Action Four: Shoot NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol at the Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 13; Damage: 3d6 = 7 M.D.)
Action Five: Shoot NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol at the Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 9; Damage: 3d6 = 13 M.D.)

Dodges if the Dragon approaches: 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 19, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 19, 1d20+2 = 21.

Fiona stops running, and spins around and drops prone. Fiona points her ridiculously small gun towards the dragon and begins squeezing shots off at the great scaly creature. A Dragon... What the hell. Fiona thinks as she keeps trying to help kill the dragon.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 am

Townsend wrote:
    Time: 1:30 pm

No sooner than Jez’s body touches the pilot’s chair in the cockpit of the Titan Robot, her body melds into the controls of the metallic behemoth, becoming one with her war machine. She calls out over the loudspeaker for a ceasefire to the group before engaging the dragon in dialogue. When she mentions Fixer’s name, the dragon takes its paw off of Kat and taps a claw on it’s chin thoughtfully as it’s brows furrow and it mumbles to itself ”Fixer, Fixer. Ah yes, I’ve never personally met him, but I have heard his name a few times before.” When Jez pleads with the dragon over the robot vehicle’s PA system, he seems willing to at least listen.

Jezebel wrote:Jez continues to speak over the loudspeaker. "Okay, before we decide to kill each other, let's make sure there's just cause for such. What do you think is happening here, dragon, and how do you come by that idea?"

”I had been informed by my master, Ilynncryth, that a small band of people are controlling a sizeable force of slaves and have broken into my inner sanctum. I come to investigate and find a small band of people in a field that has obviously been used by a sizeable force of people, most likely slaves…” the dragon says, trailing off at the end of his sentence.

Kat Porter wrote:After Jez's spiel, Kat mutters to herself quietly. "If we robbed a dragon hoard we wouldn't be trying so hard to work for a living. I sure as Hades wouldn't stand around under open air." The City Rat checks her sensors to make sure nobody's trying to escape the area while the GIRLS are distracted.

”Who said that this is where my treasure horde is kept?” the dragon retorts to Kat.

The dragon ignores Analoy’s and Cordelia’s comments. Analoy’s comments are similar (at least to the dragon) to what Kat had said, despite the fact that Analoy didn’t hear Kat’s mutterings, and Cordelia is essentially what Jez had said in a simpler format. All of a sudden, laser blasts from Fiona’s pistol strike the dragon, hitting it four times but doing no discernable damage to it, but the dragon doesn’t even acknowledge the shots. Turning its head back to Jez in the Titan Robot, it says ”If you have nothing more of interest to say to me, then it is clear that I must go kill some intruders. Good day!” The dragon turns toward one of the ventilation shafts and begins walking away.

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 25

Cordelia is in awe of the sight before her. The adrenaline is wearing off and her vision is starting to clear. The tears are all gone and she is beginning to think again instead of reacting
Why am I not taking pictures of this dragon
She reaches for her camera to find it melted by the dragon fire.
"What did I ever do to deserve this!"She exclaims in futility. She fumbles with what is left of the camera and finds the memory is still in one piece and not melted.
Not a total loss, but no dragon pictures. Ill have to paint it later.
The sight of a flying magical creature breathing flames on her is not something she will soon forget.

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum