First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 69

Jez descends after her brief reconnaissance ascent. She gives Haley a thumbs down gesture to signal to meet her on the ground. Once they're both landed, she takes off the jet pack and sets it on the ground. Among the other girls, she reports, "There's a makeshift campsite roughly a quarter mile south of us."

Analoy wrote:"Well, Doc gave me a load of intell before Cullen drove away with him. Seems There were nine of them. Seven dwarves, four Bella Vinezia. The others worked for Bella’s boss. Happy and Dopey were guards, Sleepy was look out, Doc was a doc. Dopey was food for Bella’s master. Seem the master has to eat everyday. But he switched off Dopey once they made camp here. Maybe with a base camp the master was able to go hunt the wildlife. Sneezy is an Air Warlock. Bashful and Grumpy are some sort of time mages. That's how that little frakker slipped away before I could fire him. Bashful is a fighter but Grumpy is a traditional spell caster. Of course Bella is a Techno-Wizard. The master, Miiraak is some sort of time mage too. Wears a mask and robes. Miiraak and Bella built the piper device but the machine broke sometime after the citizens were all called here and they haven't fixed it yet. Said he's only gone about a hundred feet intot he mine and didn't know what they are doing down there. Could be a load of drek but I think doc was being straight with us. Lets reform with the aerial recon info and figure out what we can do against time magics."

Much of what Analoy recounts makes no sense to Jez. Warlocks, wizards? What the frak? She keeps her incredulity from her voice as best she can and instead asks a simple, prefaced questions. "Since I'm unfamiliar with many of those terms, think you could break that down for me in tactical terms? He mention where they were holed up? Where the townsfolk were?"

Cordelia wrote:"So boss, whats the next plan?"

Jez looks to Kat, then back to the rest of the group. Jerric sometimes bitched about officers acting without consulting the enlisted. I've got shit for intel, so let's see what's in their collective heads. "I know what I want to do, but I'd like to get your suggestions. What's your assessment of the situation, and what do you think we should do about it? No debate, let's just share ideas."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 8

"Well, the air warlock is going to blow things and shoot us with storm-type effects. And the techno-wizard is going to do whatever the heck she put into her devices. I've heard of time mages before, but don't know anything beyond what their name would imply, they're not common - at least not in Lazlo. If this many different kinds of magic-capable individual are following something they call 'the Master,' that's certainly bad news. It would be like a pack of tigers all agreeing that they should follow a bigger predator."

Susan looks in the direction of town, then back to Jez. "The range of potential capabilities with that kind of combination is practically impossible to predict. I would recommend some kind of stealth approach if possible, or even locking them down in the mine and guarding the entrance. Skin-contact aerosol poison. Nanite swarm. Do we have a drone that we can scout the interior with?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 97
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active)
I.S.P.: 148/74
T-11 Armor: Leg (R): 80/77, Leg (L): 80/77

Fiona is rather quiet. Her attention is on the Titan robot, thinking if there is any way to fix the damage in the field. Coming up with nothing she turns and looks to the group. This is more combat than I considered. Fiona thinks morosely. I am not suited to skullduggery, or stealth missions. I'm a mechanic...

"I could drive the mining machine into the mine."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Haley Marie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 am

(Rolls held)

”You’ve got me.” Haley doesn’t even realise she’s going to speak up until the words leave her mouth. Taking a breath, she continues.

”Stealth is...I’ve had extensive training, it’s one of my specialties,” she elaborates. ”If everyone left down there is some sort of spellcaster, at least one of them is likely going to have a way of seeing through...magic shadows and the like.” She hopes her pause to swallow isn’t noticeable, and she deliberately avoids looking in Analoy’s direction.

”Also, if there are tech sensors as well, this armour...well, you’ve seen for yourself,” she adds, wondering how Cordellia will react when she discovers that Haley’s armour doesn’t photograph.

”Before going into the mine, though, there’s the camp that’s a ways off from the pit. Has that been checked out yet?” she inquires, not knowing what these people had been up to before rescuing her, but knowing more intel is almost always better than less.
Haley Marie
Conditions
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24
Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100
Conditions: Cloaking

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 12:45 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown

Haley flies her Prowler around in the air as Jez pilots the jet pack around, getting a better vantage point on the surrounding area, they can even see clear all the way to Dawson Springs to the east.. While there isn’t a lot in the area, it does give them a better idea of the scope of what is there. The area with in about a quarter of a mile of the pit from the northeast to the northwest has been disturbed as if something, or more than likely multiple things, had been dragged through the dirt and grass away from the mine before the tracks end and the most of the dead creatures are located, with the larger ones closer to the mine and the smaller ones further away from it, sometimes in pieces. Upon zooming optics into it, you can tell they also have had the meat stripped away from the body, some of it looks ragged as if eaten by other animals, while others seem to have been cut away.

To the south is the makeshift camp, which covers an area of roughly two to three acres, dotted with numerous small mounds of earth having been disturbed, with about half of them not having been covered yet. Blankets are strewn across the ground with no apparent order.

Analoy reports on the intel she was able to recover and makes the suggestion for everyone to reconvene on the ground while Jez gives Haley the sign to go ahead and land again. Once back on the ground, Jez asks for clarification on terms she’s not used to, which Susan provides to the best of her ability, after which Jez asks for everyone’s opinions and suggestions.

Hayley mentions a makeshift camp about a quarter mile south of the pit to the mine, and anyone who goes to investigate will find that the shallow open mounds contain human (most likely) waste. Anyone not wearing full environmental armor and using the suit’s built in air O2 supply will have to fight the urge to vomit (save vs. Non-Leathal Poison, everybody wearing EBA and not using it’s built in O2 supply gets a +8 bonus to this save). Near the southwestern corner of the makeshift camp are two blankets that look like they are covering something up. On the radio, Captain Cullen speaks, saying ”I have a small medical team on standby, should you gals come across any survivors. Just give me a holler when they are needed. I’m going to go check on those maps for you now.”
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Haley Marie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 96

A careful stalk through the crude camp, rifle at the ready and senses peeled for signs of hostiles, is...oddly familiar, to Haley. It’s certainly nt the first time she’s done so; such activities are not uncommon for Special Forces units, which often operate in ‘enemy’ territory. Nor is it unusual to be working with non-Coalition forces in the process; training up guerrilla forces to be a genuine fighting force is part of the playbook.

This is, however, the first time she’s been the primary contact. At her rank....

Well. I guess rank is kind of irrelevant now, isn’t it? Regardless, she had been junior enough that there had always been a senior squadmate taking point on these interactions. Now....

It’s just her.

”Marie here. North-west sector of the camp; I have two unknown bundles here, covered in blankets. Requesting support before investigating. Over.” It might be better to use less...structured radio protocols, fit in better with these others while she’s with them. But it’s so...hard. There are just the way Things Are Done, and breaking that habit will be a long process.

If she is going to run with them for any length of time, however, she’s going to have to talk with Jezebel about callsigns. Even call numbers; she’ll gladly be G-3 if that means a return to some sort of normalcy.
Haley Marie
Conditions
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24
Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100
Conditions: Cloaking

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 86

Cordelia is stumped. She isnt used to not knowing what to do, but this is not her element.
There are civilians in the mine so we cant just blow it up. If we gas it the elemental might blow it back on us. If we send in the drone may see it and start killing civilians. And if the other camp is full of dead people I aint going.
Idea.
"Maybe we can send in the drone with a message to negotiate the release of any civilians inside. Maybe if we can get the Master to come out and talk to us we can get better intel of how to proceed. Or we could better manipulate the situation."
Sounds like something from an old novel. Call the hostage taker out and then spring a trap on him. Such intrigue.

Cordelia

Postby Analoy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 20

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 104.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge

Analoy nods along to Susan's explanation of the mage types, "You know what would be awesome? An anti-magic grenade. Pop that off and then we could tear into them. Without that, we will need to be very sneaky, but they do know we're out here. The Air Warlock is bound to have told them all by now. I'm more interested in the big boss and why he needs to feed off a live person."

She kicks at the dirt some as they begin to discuss strategies for getting into the cavern and getting the unpaid workers out. "Might do good to look for a back door to the mine. Or maybe an air shaft we can go down in and get behind where these creeps think we are."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48 /23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 36

Susan makes finger-fangs. "Could be a vampire. Or any of a number of blood-drinking demons. Or a psychic vampire. We should be ready for any of that. Although I guess you can take care of it with all your magic."

"Hey, yeah, sneaking up behind them would also be effective. Do mines have more than one entrance? I've never been to one before. I wonder if I'm claustrophobic. I really wish we had a scout drone and some programmable nanite swarms. I doubt a bunch of no-tech mages would be able to counter that."

As reports of the camp come in, Sounds like they were dumping slave waste and probably bodies over there... "WHAT'S UNDER THE BLANKETS?!"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy grins at Susan, "The magic I use is limited and very specific in what it can do." She touches some of the tattoos scattered over her body, "Each one represents a certain magical effect. Be that weapon, animal or power." She glances around, wondering if she's said too much about herself.

Continuing, Analoy changes the subject away from herself, "You would think there would be more than one entrance to the mine. Even a minor one. Without it, a tunnel collapse would be a death sentence. But who knows what these back woods locals have done over the years. As is, it sounded like the mine has changed hands several times over the years and any one of the past occupants could have done god knows what in there."

Analoy stops talking and looks toward Jez and Kat. An enclosed space with that many hostages. Not good. who knows what will happen when the shooting starts. Glad its not my call on how we should start this.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan nods, "Exactly, magic vampires, magic demons, magic weapons, magic death. You are our star player in this sense."

Analoy keeps talking about tunnels and... things. "ARGH! We need some kind of map, or clarity. Clarity made of so many nanites."

"WHAT"S UNDER THE BLANKETS?!?"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum