The Vangelos Sprawl

Nothing to see here but those who struggle and those who fail. This is the least prosperous district of Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Image
Life in N'Dane may be tough compared to the rest of Grymdin but there is one thing most residents console themselves with: at least they don't live in Vangelos. Those that call the sprawl home are the truly down and out, beings without the capital or connections to live literally anywhere else. Many came to Grymdin in hopes of building a better life for themselves and failed; now they lack the funds to leave. Commerce in Vangelos is almost exclusively by barter and every block is under the control of one small time gang or another. Generally none of the DROs come down here, even Soniua, unless they travel in force and have a very good reason (with a nice fat surcharge to go with it). For the most part, this arrangement works for all parties. The destitute have somewhere to go and the DROs don't have to expend resources dealing with them.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:36 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1730 (15 minutes elapsed during chase)
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clotheslined/garrotted and falling.


The group manages to track the Aurovax cut-purse into a slum. The alien gets a few minutes of lead time before they're able to catch up, but catch up they do. They catch sight of him breathing rapidly down an alley. (Perception 16+ to realize he no longer has two sticky globs stuck to him.) Ro shows up moments later and follows the group to the alley entrance breathing rapidly himself, though not totally fatigued.


N'Dane.jpg
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20 = 15+5=20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

Intelligence [45%]: 1d100 = 63
Streetwise [33%]: 1d100 = 25 -- Look the guy over for gang colors

CJ notes that the thief has ditched the globs Halko had pegged him with earlier as he looks the guy over for distinguishing characteristics. He also looks over the alleyway to which they'd tracked down Klepto-Frog (counting the number of exits from the area), **Let's see a Back exit, 2 to the South, 1 to the North up the steps, and of course 1 behind us ... ** The PA Pilot reaches 1 hand behind him closing on a shadow that he pulls into a cloak that he settles into comfortably. Then he forms a large vertical Force-Disc behind the Aurovax as he calls out, "Impressive man, you're quick. You looking for a job? Return my friend's headset, we maybe we can help each other out ... "

Hidden within his personal shadows the PA Pilot moves forward as he talks to close the distance (half-hoping that the fellow drops the headset, or offers to hand it over), and pulls his Energy Clubs out. If the fellow rejects the offer to talk things through and/or attacks then Cairo will launch himself at the guy clubs-first aiming first for the knee-caps. He'll parry any incoming attacks, auto-dodging anything that seems particularly dangerous.

APM: 6
Initiative [+4]: 1d20 = 7+4=11

1 —— Create Shadow Cloak
2 —— Create vertical Force Disc (170 SDC, 35ft in diameter) behind the Aurovax to block the doors at the back (far end) of the Alley / [Speak]
3 —— Walk forward a bit / [Speak]
4 —— Walk forward a bit / Draw Weapons / [Speak]
5 —— Walk forward a bit / Club Hip-Hop-Thief in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 29, 3d6+9 = 20
6 —— Walk forward a bit / Club Hip-Hop-Thief in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 20, 3d6+9 = 12

Parry [+16 w/ Club]: 1d20+16 = 25, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 23, 1d20+16 = 28, 1d20+16 = 22, 1d20+16 = 24
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 15
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:06 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 78
Init: 1d20+2 = 5
Attacks: 6

Conditions: Pissed off

Trap/Mine Detection 60%=1d100 = 73
Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 52


While in pursuit riding the force disc, Halko pulls up a video link to Nova and Gilina says;

Sammy got his headset swiped by some frogman speedster. We're in chase. Looks like we're headed into the N'Dane district. I'll keep the vid-link open.


Halko position his wrist as best he can to send a POV type shot. The way he's holding his arm, straight across his torso, it looks like he's injured his arm or has a stomach ache. Pulling out his new Galactic Standard Pistol with his other hand, Halko readies himself to leap from the force disc as soon as they catch up to the thief.

Now, off the force disc, Halko look down the alley at the frog-man that snatched Ryden's headset. Swiveling his head, Halko checks out the rest of the alley. Frak, this alley sucks. Too many doors. I can fix that. But the stairs are too wide and that door at the back is too far away...What the hell are all these wires? He moves forward a little (20 ft) and coughs out a black glob of goo. His hope is that when the glob spats and spreads out around 2 feet it will seal the door to the door jam. He keeps firing until he hits a good spot. Then he lines up the larger door on the south edge of the alley and fires off a glob, again he continues until black connects the door and jam.

With whatever time he has left, Halko looks north and fires off a few globs at the stairs in order to impede anyone that might try to come or go through that route.

Other than that, Halko stays quiet as he waits for one of the officers to take charge or the thief to make a move. All the while he suppresses an urge to just unload the new pistol into the speedster's legs. Watch the fraker run when his fraking knees are blown out. He grins a little at the idea. Frak I'm getting tired of all these frakers crapping all over us. Ah, I can't wait until we get to hit another Atorian base and can just shoot anything that moves.

1. move
2. sticky glob door, strike: 1d20+3 = 17
3. sticky glob door, strike: 1d20+3 = 15
4. sticky glob door or stairs, strike: 1d20+3 = 11
5. sticky glob door or stairs, strike: 1d20+3 = 13
6. sticky glob door or stairs, strike: 1d20+3 = 12
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3

JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 85

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 89 (FAIL)

Niall steps off Cairo's force disk, his knees shaking from adrenaline, a misture of disgust and fear. He is calmed somewhat by his team, the 1st SOG, standing by his side, as they face the toad-like alien.

Why would he steal Ryden's headset anyway? Does he somehow know that's it's specialized... or is he just that broke?

Cairo wrote:"Impressive man, you're quick. You looking for a job? Return my friend's headset, we maybe we can help each other out ... "


Niall can't make out Cairo's words - maybe it's the heat of the moment, so he tries to scrutinize the alien's reaction to CJ's calming voice. He uses the moment to try and remember anything useful about the alien's species.

Intelligence ☞ 62% 1d100 = 59 (to get a "read" on the alien - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 55% 1d100 = 2 (to remember useful info - SUCCESS)

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 11 (SUCCESS)

Niall adds, "You must be pretty desperate to steal a used headset. But you need better skills, friend. We're no easy marks. But you can still walk away from this." Make the headset seem less valuable than his hide... Maybe that'll work.


Niall will not start a fight, but in the event that combat breaks out, he takes a knee in the alley and begins firing off force-blasts at the alien. If the alien gets within melee range, he stands, draws his sword, and defends himself, while continuing to fire blasts with his other hand.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11

APM: 5

Action 1: Strike 1d20+3 = 14; Damage 9d6 = 31
Action 2: Strike 1d20+3 = 16; Damage 9d6 = 27
Action 3: Strike 1d20+3 = 17; Damage 9d6 = 35
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 19
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!)

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 6; 2) 1d20+3 = 13; 3) 1d20+3 = 12; 4) 1d20+3 = 8; 5) 1d20+3 = 22


If the alien attempts to go for a door, Niall will blast the door instead.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:24 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 60
Detect Ambush 60-5=55%/1d100 = 68 - where would the ambush come from? FAIL!
Intelligence 66-5=61%/1d100 = 94 - Known associates for these aliens FAIL!
Prowl 65-5=60%/1d100 = 24 - To get out of sight/in cover PASS!

Conditions: Cranky, distracted, -5% on all skills, -3 to save versus Horror Factor, -3 Initiative, and -1 to all combat bonuses.

As they arrive to the location, Ryden leans to Halko, Niall, and CJ and whispers "This is a trap. We're probably outnumbered." He sounds like a sullen teenager as he scrambles to cover, pulling his pistol as he stares dejectedly about. He'd allowed himself to get complacent. Finding contacts that will take the VR signal just became vital. If he had his suit operational he could look up the area, look up the individual, or any of a number of things. Now he was no better than a basic marine. Shoot and hope you kill the bad guys. He couldn't break past his own malaise to see the options actually in front of him.

Initiative: 1d20-3 = 4
Action 1: Hide/Take Cover (Passed Prowl above) and check out surroundings (Failed Detect Ambush and Good Perception Roll)
Action 2: Shoot silenced pistol (I think I was given a silencer, if not forget that part) Strike 1d20+2 = 22 Dmg: 1d6*10 = 60, Target: Someone flanking us or the frog man if no one is flanking us
Action 3: Shoot silenced pistol (I think I was given a silencer, if not forget that part) Strike 1d20+2 = 15 Dmg: 1d6*10 = 40, Target: Someone flanking us or the frog man if no one is flanking us
Action 4: Shoot silenced pistol (I think I was given a silencer, if not forget that part) Strike 1d20+2 = 5 Dmg: 1d6*10 = 10, Target: Someone flanking us or the frog man if no one is flanking us
Action 5: Shoot silenced pistol (I think I was given a silencer, if not forget that part) Strike 1d20+2 = 15 Dmg: 1d6*10 = 10; Dodge: 1d20+5 = 21
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 23 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 100
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If these guys are in to it, and they seem to be, I guess we'll go ahead and kill this guy. Ro enters the alley with a knife drawn and hurls it at the frogman's eye. He then rushes at the aurovax and slide/kicks into his ankle. Ro continues to attempt to crush the thief's ankles or continues to chase as is suitable.

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative: 1d20+17 = 29

1. Throw a knife at frogman's eye Strike: 1d20+14 = 24 Damage:1d6 = 4
2. Rush Frogman/break leg Strike: 1d20+9 = 20 Damage:2d6+16 = 28 + 1d6+4 = 9
3. Rush Frogman/break leg Strike: 1d20+9 = 23 Damage:2d6+16 = 24 + 1d6+4 = 7
4. Rush Frogman/break leg Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 Damage:2d6+16 = 22 + 1d6+4 = 7
5. Movement or an attempt to hold the Aurovax: 1d20+9 = 20
6. Movement or an attempt to hold the Aurovax: 1d20+9 = 22

Parry: 1d20+11 = 22, 1d20+11 = 19, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 12, 1d20+11 = 30,
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 9,
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1730.25
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clotheslined/garrotted and falling.


Ryden advises the group as he steps off the disc with the others. The group has only a brief moment to engage the frogman verbally before Ro acts. Cairo compliments the Aurovax and makes him an offer which elicits a smile. "The name's Caja." responds the alien speedster. Niall gets another half dozen words in when their discussion is cut short as a knife flies at Caja's head. The speedster bobs his head to one side quick as lightning, and the knife flies past. CJ quickly acts by throwing up a force disc like a kind of small shield behind Caja, but it's already too late. Caja has zipped away. Ro's dashing slide-tackle meets the force disc with an unexpected crash, but his keen senses track the blur of motion to a position farther away.

Ro, Ryden & Halko all note that the frog-like alien is no longer encumbered by the sticky globs Halko had previously hit him with. Cairo sees no sign of gang colors or insignia on the frogman. Niall appraises the frogman. He seemed genuinely interested in Cairo's offer based on his initial body language and facial reactions...provided his species' reactions were analogous to that of humanoids. Niall seems to recall a great deal about the Aurovax (crit success!; you recall the contents of AU on the race).

N'Dane_1.jpg


What are your intentions?

You're now in a combat post. Remember that you can speak and act, but account for both in your actions.

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel


Butcher's Bill
Cairo:
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall:
Ro: -1 knife
Rossyen:
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:50 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 21 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 89
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.


Oh, wait, we're gonna talk? Ro thinks as he hears the Aurovax give his name, but he's already committed to the blitz and it's too late. I'm starting to think this guy might be faster than I am...

Ro projects his own confusion towards the Aurovax hoping his gaffe-prone-ness is contagious. He raises his hands and keeps his movements deliberate and slow as he comes into view of the Aurovax.

Empathic Transmission (-10) - Confusion/Trust
Hypnotic Suggestion (-6) -

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+17 = 37

1: Move / Empathic Transmission (-10) - Confusion
2: Move / Empathic Transmission (-10) - Trust
3: Move / Hypnotic Suggestion (-6) - "You're Caja? I wouldn't have attacked if I'd known."
4: Move / Hypnotic Suggestion (-6) - "Why didn't you say so? Come one out!"
5: Move / Hypnotic Suggestion (-6) - "Hey everybody! It's Caja! We're your pals!"
6: Move / Hypnotic Suggestion (-6) - "We love Caja, Caja loves us!"
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:53 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20 = 12+5=17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 13

Conditions: Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

As the big new-comer leaps into 'action' and the chance of a calm resolution disintegrates CJ mentally curses then hops aboard a personal-sized Force Disc (the other should evaporate as he's not using an action to maintain it) to comparatively surge forward at 1/4 speed in an effort to catch up [Full speed can cover 1,283ft/action]. Cairo's shadow-form streaks past the Arreri who just-now seems to be realizing the problem with his knife throw 'plan', **What the Frak??! What kind of idiot does something like that??? I'd like to put a knife in him.** In the unlikely event the guy stops to listen/surrenders, CJ brings himself to a stop ~3ft away and holds out a shadowed hand, [Pilian] "Hand over the headset. You handle local guide-work?" ... **Might have to hire him and stick him in a hotel with Mr.-Throws-Without-Thinking. They can bunk together.**

If Caja instead flees, CJ will ominously surge forward on his disc around buildings and obstacles to stay with the fleeing reptilian. If the fellow heads into an alley or enclosed space less than 20ft wide, CJ will angle towards the reptilian and cancel his own flight disc while Forming a new wall in front of them (so CJ can tackle this guy from behind at speed, into a newly formed Force-Disc Wall).

APM: 6
Initiative [+4]: 1d20 = 5+4=9

1 —— Create Force Disc (170 SDC, 4ft in diameter)
2 —— Fly Forward (skimming ~2ft off ground) to pass Caja and spin to intercept
3 —— Fly/to Pace Caja if needed / Club Caja in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 35, (3d6+9 = 21 *2 for Crit =42) + (+4/20MPH)) = ____
4 —— Fly/to Pace Caja if needed / Club Caja in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 24, 3d6+9 = 19 (+4/20MPH)
5 —— Fly/to Pace Caja if needed / Club Caja in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 24, 3d6+9 = 22 (+4/20MPH)
6 —— Fly/to Pace Caja if needed / Club Caja in the Knee if he fails to give up or gets close enough 1d20+15 = 26, 3d6+9 = 23 (+4/20MPH)

ALTERNATIVE (if terrain permits):
2-actions: Form New Disc as Vertical Wall & Flying Tackle 1d20+10 = 18, Damage: Tackle 3d6+6 = 17 (+4/20MPH) + Crash into Wall 4d6+4 = 15

Parry [+16 w/ Club as needed]: 1d20+16 = 27, 1d20+16 = 35, 1d20+16 = 28, 1d20+16 = 22, 1d20+16 = 24
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 15
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 94
Init: 1d20+2 = 13
Attacks: 6


Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 18
Trap/Mine Detection 60%=1d100 = 81


Halko just shakes his head as the frog-man bolts again. Son of a milk toad. I don't know what this guy is playing at, but it sure as frak feels like a trap. Killing the video feed, Halko holds the VidComm watch up and speaks into it as he hurries to corner the speedster slipped around, "I don't think we're gonna run this guy down. Sammy, any chance you can track the headset?"

As he runs, Halko calls out to Ro, "Hold your fire."

When Caja comes into sight, Halko slows to a stop. "Caja was it. I don't know what you're playing at but why don't you just tell us what you really want? Oh and, sorry about the big guy. He's just an almost new hire."


1. move & vidcomm
2. run
3. run / talk
4. run
5. run / talk
6. talk

Dodge/Parry if needed: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 25
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1)

JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 58

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 91 (FAIL)

Niall is a bit nonplussed as the Aurovax responds to Cairo's conversation. However, the conversation falters when knives are thrown, as conversations typically do. Frakking aliens. The team begins to move to parley with they frog-man, so Niall follows suit, moving to a position just behind Ro Shambo and near the north wall of the alley. although he doesn't understand much of what is being said, he works hard to concentrate, so that he can communicate with the frog-alien.

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 51 (SUCCESS)

Niall remembers a great deal about the Aurovax... he remembers being disgusted at them when he was studying them. He struggles to remember something that would be useful to this situation. He notes that having the kind of power that Caja has displayed would mark him as an outcast on Manida, and he'd be likely to be killed or exiled. He's an exile, from a planet that hates mammals as much as... as much as I hate aliens. I hope he's more open minded... than I am? Than his people are?


Niall holds his fire unless the Aurovax attacks. Instead, he shouts out to the alien: "Caja? Forgive our friend. He's new. We know what it's like not to be able to go home. If you help us... we can help you."

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 9

APM: 5

Action 1: move to new position
Action 2: "Caja? Forgive our friend. He's new."; Contingent Strike (If Caja attacks) 1d20+3 = 13; Damage 9d6 = 31
Action 3: "We know what it's like not to be able to go home."; Contingent Strike (If Caja attacks) 1d20+3 = 20; Damage 9d6 = 32
Action 4: "If you help us... we can help you."; Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 12
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 4 (Nat. 1)

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 7; 2) 1d20+3 = 13; 3) 1d20+3 = 5; 4) 1d20+3 = 4 (Nat. 1); 5) 1d20+3 = 21
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Rosseyn wrote:
Halko wrote:Sammy got his headset swiped by some frogman speedster. We're in chase. Looks like we're headed into the N'Dane district. I'll keep the vid-link open.

"Shit. On my way. Don't let him get away."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 am

Just prior:

En route Rosseyn catches sight of a dark blur flashing across an intersection in the Sprawl followed closely by Cairo on his disc and a fast-running big guy on foot. While significantly slower than those three parties, Rosseyn needs only tail the group a short way before the blur ducks into an alleyway, and the others follow. He follows on foot as fast as possible.

Rosseyn will enter on the eastern edge of the map where the group initially entered.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:39 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 57

Ryden is just not feeling this. He doesn't need to get this back, he just needs a replacement. He complains loud enough those near him can hear, but not much louder than that. "It's not this damn important guys. It's really only got sentimental value. I can just buy the same kind of gear again. There's not enough data on there to be harmful. I don't store anything on there. Anything on it I long ago downloaded. I get chasing down someone who stole something of ours, but just blast the damn thing and let's get done with it." A part of him is screaming at himself, locked behind a melancholy wall of dependency on a constant data stream. A part that remembers just who that belonged to, and how good she was to the group while she was a part of it - even if she was Atorian.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
Action 1: Move to next stairwell, Dodge 1d20+4 = 7; Grumble
Action 2: Stay Put, Dodge 1d20+4 = 17, Shoot if shot at 1d20+1 = 13, 1d6*10 = 20
Action 3: Keep up with group, otherwise stay put, Dodge 1d20+4 = 8, Shoot if shot at 1d20+1 = 18, 1d6*10 = 60
Action 4: Keep up with group, otherwise stay put, Dodge 1d20+5 = 8, Shoot if shot at 1d20+1 = 13, 1d6*10 = 40
Action 5: Keep up with group, otherwise stay put, Dodge 1d20+5 = 7, Shoot if shot at 1d20+1 = 8, 1d6*10 = 40
Action 6: Keep up with group, otherwise stay put, Dodge 1d20+5 = 9, Shoot if shot at 1d20+1 = 13, 1d6*10 = 60
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1730.5
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clothes-lined/garrotted and falling.


Ro moves forward at a measured pace, somewhat confused by what he perceives as the sudden change in tactics of the group. He psionically projects his own confusion toward Caja, but he's not quite close enough. The technicolor frog-man easily paces his own progress, maintaining what it must perceive to be a safe distance from Ro. Ryden grumbles as he moves around the corner and out into the main alley, hugging the wall, and hot-footing it towards what he hopes is another available stairwell. "It's not this damn important guys." Killing the video feed, Halko holds his VidComm watch up as he hurries to the corner the speedster slipped around.
Cairo creates a personal force disc as Niall moves to keep up with Ro.

Ro continues to move forward at a measured pace, trying to project feelings, but the frogman is maintaining his distance. Caja speaks up as he continues to back off. "Oy! You trying to mess with my head?" Ryden rushes around the corner in a tactical crouch and is rewarded with the sight of another stairwell just north of his position. "It's really only got sentimental value. I can just buy the same kind of gear again." Halko continues in pursuit, working hard to keep up with Ro and Caja. At least the two had slowed to a fast walk. Running, he passes to the south of Ro and gets his back flush to an east-facing wall. Cairo flies forward skimming just above the alley surface. He passes Ro and the others en route to pass Caja and spin to intercept. Niall calls out as he runs. "Caja? Forgive our friend. He's new." Finally, Niall's caught up to just behind Ro.

Ro continues his slow, steady advance despite the damnable Aurovax's distance pacing. He's way too far away to successfully plant a hypnotic suggestion in the being's mind, but he goes for the persuasive rhetoric approach nonetheless. "You're Caja? I wouldn't have attacked if I'd known." Caja laughs as he reaches an east-facing wall, places the back of a bare foot against it, and proceeds to walk backwards 20' up the wall. "Oh that's rich. Tell me another one." He ducks as a cable brushes up against the back of his head as he ascends. Ryden makes his way to the next stairwell and peers around the corner. Killing the video feed, Halko holds the VidComm watch up and speaks into it as he hurries to corner the speedster slipped around, "I don't think we're gonna run this guy down. Sammy, any chance you can track the headset?" Cairo catches up to Caja. "Hand over the headset. You handle local guide-work?" Caja actually shrugs and tosses CJ the headset with a shrug and a smile. "My job's done here." Niall calls out from the distance, "We know what it's like not to be able to go home!"

Ro steadily advances on Caja, but is growing annoyed with the fruitlessness of this charade. "Why didn't you say so? Come one out!" Caja turns and zips quickly up and around the side of the building ducking and dodging the web of cables that run from building to building over street level. A terrible crack! resounds through the alley with the discharge report of a ballistic cannon. The sound snaps Ryden's attention back toward the direction from whence they came. Something was very wrong. Halko feels the sound of the report in his feet. It was an impact tremor. His feet tingle with the absorption of the miniscule amount of kinetic energy transferred through the concrete and up through his body. Turning his head to look back the way they'd come, he sees a nearly ten foot tall reptilian clutching a pair of pistols on one knee in the middle of a small impact crater. His throat goes dry. He's met this fellow before...and he's not twenty feet behind Niall. Cairo has Ryden's headset in hand and is momentarily dumbfounded. He had expected negotiation, violence, anything but this odd capitulation. He hears the echo of the distant report, but in the twisting confines of this maze of alleys it's nearly impossible to locate the source of a distant echo. He follows cautiously around the corner in pursuit, but stays at ground level. Niall, in mid-shout at the thief, is seemingly oblivious to the world as it crashes down behind him. A pair of explosive slugs impact him from behind and nearly throw him to the ground with their impact. Rosseyn sees the twin blossoms of blood start to spread darkly across the back of Niall's suit.

"Enough running! It'sss time I collect!" shouts a terrible voice from behind Niall as he scrambles to catch his balance.

Rosseyn shows up breathing heavily to see the massively broad shoulders and silhouette of a huge, familiar form in the alley before him.

Zed's-N'Dane-Trap.jpg


What are your intentions?

You're now in a combat post. Remember that you can speak and act, but account for both in your actions.

GM NOTES:
Map Note: Each square is 10'

There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel


Butcher's Bill
Cairo:
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -60 to personal S.D.C.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute
Ro: -1 knife, -34 I.S.P.
Rossyen:
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:26 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 26

Running at a good pace had never been a problem for Rosseyn, he was as healthy as the day was long. It was the amount of time he had to spend running, twisting and turning through streets to get to his crew that had him winded. Still, no one stole from his SOG and got away. Ah, Cairo. Not exactly subtle, but exactly what I needed to see. Who the hell is that other guy though? Rosseyn turns the last corner to follow Cairo on his force disc and stops as he sees the giant familiar form standing in the alley. Familiar... Not one of ours... Oh. Frak. Recognizing the shape of the jerk who broke Speckles' leg, Nova decides to use his unseen presence as an advantage. He changes his left arm into a steel sword. Quietly, he sneaks up behind the giant lizard (Prowl: 1d100 = 58/65) and then stabs him in the right shoulder blade. Once he's used his one chance to surprise him, Nova turns his sword arm into a steel fist, surrounds himself in a force field armor and then locks the big guy down with a force field (2200 SDC). "Get up Borias, you look undignified. Someone give me a sit rep."

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

APM: 7
Actions 1-3: Prowl to get close to lizard man. Change arm into steel sword.
Action 4: Stab lizard man. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11 Damage: 4d6+7 = 22
Action 5: Create force field armor (200 SDC).
Actions 6-7: Create force field around lizard man (2200 SDC).

Parry w/ Sword Arm: 1d20+8 = 231d20+8 = 241d20+8 = 131d20+8 = 231d20+8 = 20
Auto-Dodge vs Weapons Fire: 1d20+4 = 191d20+4 = 121d20+4 = 211d20+4 = 91d20+4 = 6
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 19
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

CJ snatches at the headset and it vanishes into his shadow-cloak as the Aurovax heads off upwards, **I could try and chase him down, but that would leave the others stranded with New-Guy in a frakking Slum ... aaaand it sounds like we're now taking fire.** Cairo watches the Reptilian flee up and out of sight then, spins back towards the others, tossing the headset to Brainiac as he floats down the PA Pilot surveys the situation warily and recognizes the 2 additions to the battlefield, **Nova's found us?? That's good ... Oh Frak. That's the big guy from Chandrakhant ... and wherever else. They say he's like a bad case of jock-itch, keeps coming back ... and Crash is on the ground.**

Recalling the lack of effect his Wardog's fists had last time, CJ grits his teeth and holsters his Energy Clubs (switching them out for a pair of Vibro-Knives) as he glides up to hover between the big Lizard and their fallen Medic, "I'm going to make Boots from your hide ..." He unleashes a series of slashes and stabs at the fellow aimed at keeping the guy's focus, but will use his preternatural reflexes to parry incoming attacks and auto-dodge as needed ...

**Come on Crash! Get up and moving! ... Don't know my odds without my Wardog, but the Shadow Cloak should help even things up. Hehehe Would be damn funny if Nova just started charging up his clothing to explode, he might not be injured but lemme tell ya ... it'd hurt his Rep and his dignity. Now hold still so we can try to end you ... ya big ... ** interrupting his thoughts CJ queries, "What's your Frakking Name creature? ... "

APM: 6
Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 15

1 —— Fly back to the others / Toss headset to Brainiac. Strike 1d20+10 = 17
2 —— Move to interpose between Bountyhunter & Niall while Switching Weapons
3 —— Talk / Slash at Big Lizzie with Vibro-Knife. Strike 1d20+10 = 18, Damage 2d6+9 = 15
4 —— Talk / Stab at Big Lizzie with Vibro-Knife. Strike 1d20+10 = 30 (Nat 20), Damage 2d6+9 = 16*2=32
5 —— Slash at Big Lizzie with Vibro-Knife. Strike 1d20+10 = 16, Damage 2d6+9 = 14 / Talk
6 —— Stab at Big Lizzie with Vibro-Knife. Strike 1d20+10 = 23, Damage 2d6+9 = 12 (he'll hold back if Nova's got the guy boxed into a FF already)


Parry [+13 w/ Knife as needed]: 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 20

Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 12


***OOC: At present, CJ has not developed SH Strength, so treating him still as having a PS of 19. If/when he's hit, CJ will swell Hulk-style, and I'd imagine he might drop his weapons and lose a couple attacks as his body undergoes spontaneous transformation ... (growing from 190lbs --> 215lbs)
Last edited by Cairo on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 34 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 37
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/89
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Ro asks himiself: Who's this frakking guy?
Lore: Alien 32% 1d100 = 51 fail
Intelligence 39% 1d100 = 86 fail

Whoa!? What the frak?!? Who's this asshole. Hanging out with these guys is one nutty ride. Oh, shit he just shot buddy! Uh, uh, what to do, what to do?! Since Ro is already in his head, so to speak, having shifted from relying on hyper-reflexes and physical speed to exercising the various enhanced powers of his improved mind. While focusing on planting the vision of a gun-drone with blinding spotlights hovering directly above in the attacker's mind Ro shouts, "The security drones are here! Put your guns down!" He close the distance between them. If that works he'll continue to act as if he's arresting the big alien walking right up to him and projecting the feeling of despair and using hypnotic suggestion to remove his weapons and belongings.


Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: 1d20+17 = 19

Note: The below actions are listed in priority as well as intended order.

1. Walk towards Attacker, "The security drones are here! Put your guns down!" Mental Illusion -20 ISP.
2. Walk towards Attacker, Empathic Transmission: Despair/Defeat -10 ISP.
3. Walk towards Attacker, Empathic Transmission: Confusion -10 ISP.
4. "Hand over your weapons, cred-stick and I.D.." Hypnotic Transmission -6 ISP.
5. "Lie down facing the ground and put your hands on the back over your head." Hypnotic Transmission -6 ISP.
6. "Count to 10,000" Hypnotic Transmission -6 ISP.

Ro pockets his new stuff and looks to the rest for direction.

Contingency: -edited-
If none of those things are going to work Ro will draw his weapon and take cover next to Halko. Covering fire: Strike 1d20+1 = 19 Damage 1d4*8 = 8
First Aid 80% 1d100 = 6 Success!
Ro will immediately apply emergency first aid to Niall and continue to do so until the bleeding has been controlled.

Dodge: 1d20+18 = 34, 1d20+18 = 26, 1d20+18 = 23, 1d20+18 = 27, 1d20+18 = 26, 1d20+18 = 29
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:38 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 22
Conditions: Cranky, distracted, -5% on all skills, -3 to save versus Horror Factor, -3 Initiative, and -1 to all combat bonuses.

Ryden runs to the corner, looking back and sees their nemesis. "Man Down! Frack me, it's Bounty Hunter Zed, get your asses back here and kill this mother fracker. Remember, stabs and slashes, not blunt force. Go! Stop him Torren! Use your black spit!" Ryden shoots at the creatures weapons and gear, hoping to disarm him.

Initiative: 1d20-3 = 1
Action 1: Run to edge of building and look around
Action 2: Shoot gun out of Zed's hand or at least damage it enough to disable it. Strike: See EP Damage: 1d6*10 = 10*2=20
    "Man Down! Frack me, it's Bounty Hunter Zed, get your asses back here and kill this mother fracker."
Action 3: Continue or if disabled, shoot any other prominent and important looking gear (eyewear, comm units, breather, etc). Strike: See EP Damage: 1d6*10 = 10*2=20
    "Remember, stabs and slashes, not blunt force. Go! Stop him Torren! Use your black spit!"
Action 4-6: Shoot Zed in the Head (Called Aimed Shot; 12+ Strike Roll Required) 1d20+3 = 13 1d6*10 = 50 (I hope to target Hit Points, not SDC; will hold if Nova's Forcefield seems to hold him in place. Will attack again the moment his head is up and open again.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 am

Conditions: Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1 - blind rage, I guess)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 63

Niall feels a hit to his back, almost like a dull thud, which nearly knocks him to the street. A moment later, pain... searing, white-hot pain. He notices his ears are ringing. He staggers, tries to steady himself. Shot.

He turns, looks behind himself, and sees the tall reptilian alien. I've been shot. His mind takes a moment to register that it was this alien, and not Caja, who shot him. A trap? The aliens set a trap for us!

Everything he's ever thought or felt about aliens has manifested in this moment. His mind reels between "Run and Hide", and "Murder." An icy blast of adrenaline drops into Niall's stomach. A switch flips in Niall's mind.

"FRAGGING ALIENS!!!" Niall lashes out, in a blind rage. He is aware of his pulse pounding in his ears, accentuating the ringing from the explosive round he took to the back. He is vaguely aware of voices, some calm, some excited, around him. He is aware of the smell of burnt fibers and flesh. He is aware of the searing pain from his back. He draws all this pain, this confusion, and this irrational fear and anger, and wads it into a white-hot core of rage, which he channels out through his hands, lashing out wildly at the alien. He stands his ground, firing blast after blast at the alien, cursing an endless stream of foulness (in Arismal), in pain and rage. Only if the alien tries to melee him will he finally think about defense, and attempt to parry.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10

APM: 5

Action 1: Recover. "FRAGGING ALIENS!!!"
Action 2: Strike (wild) 1d20+1 = 6; Damage 9d6 = 20 "@#$%!!"
Action 3: Strike (wild) 1d20+1 = 11; Damage 9d6 = 27 "@#$%!!"
Action 4: Strike (wild) 1d20+1 = 21 (Nat. 20 - Blind rage, I guess); Damage 9d6 = 27 X2 = 54 "@#$%!!"
Action 5: Strike (wild) 1d20+1 = 18; Damage 9d6 = 28 "@#$%!!"

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 7; 2) 1d20+3 = 5; 3) 1d20+3 = 16; 4) 1d20+3 = 15; 5) 1d20+3 = 22
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 54
Attacks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 3

Halko instinctively draws his new pistol as he shouts, "BOUNTY HUNTER! Vanko get down.", when he spots the Big Bad that they last saw on the Dino planet. He knows the pistol is useless as he remembers back to the last time they encountered the Bounty Hunter. He said I was like him, but puny. Well lets try something new.

Halko goes quiet as he starts to cough out a stream of the black sticky globs toward the Bounty Hunter. After launching several of the unusual things, he charges the big lizard man. Frak! I may be puny but with the way we're kitted out, I'm the only one here that can take a hit from this guy

As he runs, Halko attempts to keep himself in the lizard man's line of fire. Any shots he intercepts, Halko will just let the energy dissipate. His main goal now, is to get in close and keep the lizard man busy so the others have time to position themselves. And maybe, coat the bastard in stick glob goo.

1. talk and draw pistol
2. Sticky glob strike: 1d20+3 = 5
3. Sticky glob strike: 1d20+3 = 13
4. Sticky glob strike: 1d20+3 = 23
5. Sticky glob strike: 1d20+3 = 5
6. charge

Dodge/Parry as needed: 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 26
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:04 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1730.75
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clothes-lined/garrotted and falling.


"I never forget a target profile," Zed chats at Halko while marching torward Niall. He coolly fires his pair of Stompers in a short burst at Ro who's some 80' distant and closing. Ro's reaction is like lightning, and he jukes to one side of the burst of gunfire. Ro continues to walk towards the attacker and yells, "The security drones are here! Put your guns down!" The enormous reptilian seems to pause and merely shakes his head as if pestered by an insect. Clearly, Ro's psionic attacks aren't having their desired effect. Rosseyn chooses discretion over bravado and hurriedly but quietly rushes to into the shadows of the north side of the alleyway, and stalks toward Zed from behind. Cairo flies back toward the others, tossing the headset to Brainiac as he zips beside him. An icy blast of adrenaline drops into Niall's stomach, and he turns around with a shouted curse. "FRAKKING ALIENS!" Halko yells and draws his pistol. "BOUNTY HUNTER! Vanko get down." Halko knows the gun is pretty much useless against Zed, but it's reassuring to feel the familiar heft of the gun and the texture of the grip in his hand. Ryden catches his headset from Cairo and runs to the edge of the building to look around. Frak. Everything is much too close. Zed's not forty feet distant, and looming over Niall like a mountain.

Zed fires another short burst from his paired Stompers at Ro as he seemingly chats at Halko. "Ssso, you've got an alien psssychic now. Interesssting." Ro again dodges gunfire with casual grace. He's clearly far too fast for the reptilian to hit without a lot of luck, but he's entirely on the defensive. Rosseyn alters his right arm into a length of cold, sharp steel as he continues to creep up behind Zed. Cairo moves to interpose himself between Zed & Niall while switching out his gun for his vibro-knife. Niall looses a wild blast of energy right over Cairo's shoulder that catches the big bounty hunter square in exposed belly. When the afterburn of the image has faded, there's been no visible effect. He might as well have been throwing flowers at the big reptilian. Halko belches out a sticky glob at Zed which goes wide of its mark, nearly gooping Cairo in the process. CJ and Niall are both in the crossfire. Ryden shoots one of the two guns out of Zed's hand (EP Crit), and hollers. "Man Down! Frak me, it's Bounty Hunter Zed, get your asses back here and kill this mother frakker."

Zed stoops to retrieve his lost gun with a humorous remark. "How clumsy of me. That could have gone off and hurt sssomebody." Ro draws his spitfire since his psionics don't appear to be of any use. Rosseyn continues to close the distance behind the bounty hunter as his arm hardens into the shape of a sword. Cairo remarks, "I'm going to make boots from your hide," as he slashes at Zed with his vibro-Knife. The bounty hunter deflects the blow with a backhanded sweep of a huge arm, nearly knocking Cairo from his perch. Niall looses another arc of energy over Cairo's shoulder and into the reptilian's chest. Nothing happens. Halko coughs up another sticky glob. This time it finds its mark and adheres to Zed's chest. Zed looks down. His snout wrinkles in disgust. "That was just rude." Ryden sees only the twin Stompers as viable material targets, and so shoots the other one from Zed's hand. (EP Crit) He calls out to his assembled comrades-in-arms, "Remember, stabs and slashes, not blunt force. Go! Stop him Torren! Use your black spit!"

Zed glares at Ryden for a split second as he reaches back behind him. "That'sss annoying." Ro dashes to take cover next to Halko and Niall. Rosseyn stabs his sword-arm at the big Nithian. It glances away harmlessly even as as Zed seizes Rosseyn by the collar and hurls him bodily into Ryden. The pair of Arismal officers end up in a tangled mess of limbs. Cairo hollers, "What's your frakking name, creature?" as he stab at the bounty hunter with his vibro-Knife. The blade finds its mark perfectly in the space right just under and between where the bounty hunter's ribs should meet. The resonating hum of the blade squeals and deflects away harmlessly. Niall, totally lost in a rage of bloodlust, fear, and primitive instinct blasts the huge alien square in the face. Zed stumbles back a half-step, seemingly dazed for a split second. Halko next sticky glob lands square upon the nithian's feet, anchoring him to the ground where he stands. (Crit) Ryden's intentions are spoiled as he disentangles himself from Rosseyn and gets to his feet.

Zed recovers his wits and retrieves his fallen Stomper. Ro tries to get Niall separated long enough to see to his wounds, but the guy just isn't having any of it. Rosseyn extracts himself from the knot of Ryden's limbs and gets to his feet. Cairo slashes ineffectively once more at Zed. The slashing tech-blade simply glances off. Niall blasts the alien again, but with nightmarish consistency, the huge alien simply seems unphased by the terrific damage being leveled against him. Halko issues forth another stream of sticky goo which again nearly strikes Cairo, but this time strikes CJ's force disc instead of arcing past him. One wrong misstep and CJ will be well and truly stuck. Ryden takes aim with his Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol at Zed's head (this will fire on action 1 of the following melee, re-post rolled strike).

"The name's Zed." Zed fires his paired Stompers point-blank into Cairo's chest. The twin bursts of explosive rounds throw the Arismal officer from his disc and leave a pair of large smoking holes in the front of his outfit. Cairo is thrown into Niall, and they both tumble back practically into Ro's lap. Cairo leaps to his feet, recovering quickly. Halko charges at Zed.

Zed fires another burst from his paired Stompers, this time at Rosseyn. "I'd rather take you in alive, but if you prefer dead, so be it." The twin bursts slam across Rosseyn's sides, but aren't direct hits, so his guts stay inside his body. Rosseyn creates force field armor for his own protection, albeit a moment too late.

What are your intentions?

Zed's-N'Dane-Trap 3.jpg


GM NOTES:
Map Note: Each square is 10'

There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -100 to personal S.D.C.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -60 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute
Ro: -1 knife, -54 I.S.P.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 25 (Oh good a Nat 20 Perception while enduring torturous metamorphosis/pain? ... should be fun)
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 77

Conditions: Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Bleeding [-2 HP/Minute], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

Cairo has scant seconds to reconsider his threat to this Zed fellow, **Boots. How can I make boots if I can't cut him? ... Owwww. At least Crash is Ok.** The PA Pilot staggers briefly to his feet only to find the world reeling as the pair of vibroblades drop from his grasp, "Knives No Good Brainiac." Cairo is keenly aware of the thumping endured last round as his stomach lurches back towards the ground (buckling his knees in the process). As he falls, Cairo's force-disc vanishes from beneath him and he feels a bone chilling cold spreading from his chest as he hits the pavement, followed by a searing sensation like his body has caught aflame until he's fairly sure he hears a couple of his bones pop and it feels like he can't breathe let alone move.

After a seeming eternity lying there CJ regains some semblance of control over his movement to form a weapon Force-Disc above Zed and mentally hurl it down at the creatures' weapons, **Can't cut him, couldn't drop him with a Wardog? ... Invulnerable? I hate those guys ... Hit his gear? Usually we what Gas em? Get a Skull-frakker to hit them? ... Owww I feel weird. Damn pants are tight? ... ** <Rip> **You're kidding ... ** A broader Cairo finds his feet feeling better (ish).

APM: 6
Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 19

1-4 —— Drops weapons & falls to the ground undergoing spontaneous growth/transformation (Not easily visible due to Shadow-Cloak)
5 —— Force Disc from above @ Zed's gun (intent is damage not disarm), 1d20+10 = 24 , 4d6+4 = 19 SDC
6 —— Stumble to feet

CJ will Parry as best he can [+13]: 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 31
End of Round Only Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 28
Last edited by Cairo on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 34 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 54
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/79
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bunk math! Of all the survivors of attempted genocide in the galaxy I end up with the ones that have this guy on their ass. Ro tries once more to convince the alien that his eyes deceive him. This time trying to blackout his view entirely.

"It's all gone dark, Zed! You see nothing."

Other than that he joins in on keeping the guns out of Zed's hands. He also spends a moment to look for any power cables or such that might be used as a electrical weapon.

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: 1d20+17 = 26
1: Mental Illusion "It's all gone dark, Zed! You see nothing." (-20 ISP)
2. Disarm Zed: 1d20+6 = 16
3. Disarm Zed, 1d20+6 = 13 or kick his gun towards Ryden
4. Disarm Zed, 1d20+6 = 23 or kick his gun towards Ryden
5-6. Step back search alleyway and overhead wires for a flexible electricity cable (to cut apart to use as an improvised electrocution weapon, like the movies!) or Dodge: 1d20+18 = 22

Parry: 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 12, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 20,

Auto Doge: 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 12,
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 am

Conditions: Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7

JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 64

Niall's rage then turns to confusion after he lands several solid hits that have no effect whatsoever. Frak! He can't be hurt? Niall's eyes narrow into slits as he chooses a new target. He can't be hurt... but are his guns as tough as he is?

He takes a moment to look at his guns, and try to remember if there are any vulnerabilities for that model.

Weapons Engineer ☞ 60% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)

As Cairo careens into him, and then falls to the ground in pain, Niall almost instinctively puts his hand on the man's shoulder, imbuing him with energy from his power hands (-200 P.T.P., to heal 80 SDC), his only thought in that moment to somehow make the man tougher.

With a cooler head, Niall begins aiming a blast at Zed's guns, intending to target the weapon's greatest exposed flaw to maximize the damage. As CJ stands, Niall looks at him, his eyes almost crazed. "Kill that frakking alien."

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5

APM: 5

Action 1: Power touch Cairo (-200 P.T.P. to heal 80 SDC)
Action 2: Evaluate Zed's weapon for weaknesses; Aim
Action 3: Aim
Action 4: Strike (aimed, called shot to hit one of Zed's guns) 1d20+3 = 9 (-1 EP for crit); Damage 9d6 = 33 X 2 = 66
Action 5: Tell CJ "Kill that Frakking alien"; Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 17

Contingent action If Zed has been disarmed before Niall has an opportunity to disable one of his weapons, Niall levels his blast instead at Zed himself, disappointedly aware that it may do little to nothing against the brute.


Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 13; 2) 1d20+3 = 7; 3) 1d20+3 = 7; 4) 1d20+3 = 8; 5) 1d20+3 = 21
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 66
Attacks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 22

Halko tries to stay in front of Zed as best he can, so the others have time to regroup. Frak, this guy is going to murder us and we can't even hurt him. How do you stop a TANK? Suddenly an idea pops into his head and he takes a second to line up a shot to Zed's face with a sticky glob.

Torren/Halko looks a bit satisfied as the black mass coats the alien's face, "You couldn't leave us well enough alone after what those bitches did to us!" He makes his exclamation with a glob of the black goo launched at Zed's feet. "No, you take an Atorian contract to hunts us down. Well, now you'll get what's coming to you!" He barks out followed by another glob of goo fired at Zed's feet. Break free of that.....Frak, what did I just say?!?!

Halko continues to try and deflect any shots Zed might make at his teammates.

1-2. called/aimed shot sticky glob Strike face: 1d20+3 = 9 (1 EP spent for auto crit success)
3. Sticky glob strike feet: 1d20+3 = 14
4. Sticky glob strike feet: 1d20+3 = 19
5. Dodge to deflect Zed's shots 1d20+7 = 11
6. Dodge to deflect Zed's shots 1d20+7 = 14

Dodge/Parry as needed: 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 19
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
JIC: 1d100 = 8, 1d20 = 2

Annoyed and disentangled, Ryden continues his tactic of shooting at vulnerable spots. Unlike a rock monster, he should have them. If a weapon or two skitters his way, he'll kick it backwards away from Zed as he himself moves slowly backwards. But his primary focus is on ending Zed's ability to see. And if one or two rounds get stuck in his ultrahard cranium

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 17
Action 1: (Shoot Zed in the Head (Called Aimed Shot; 12+ Strike Roll Required) Original post: 1d20+3 = 13 Original post: 1d6*10 = 50 (I hope to target Hit Points, not SDC; will hold if Nova's Forcefield seems to hold him in place. Will attack again the moment his head is up and open again.
Action 2-3: Move back against the corner of the building behind me (diagonal up and left) and shoot at Zed's face; (Called Shot to eye(s); 12+ Strike Roll Required) 1d20 = 18+2=20 dmg: 5d6 = 18 (hope is for blindness and/or hit point damage)
Action 4-6: (Shoot Zed in the eye(s) (Called Aimed Shot; 12+ Strike Roll Required) 1d20+4 = 23 dmg: 5d6 = 21 (hope is for blindness and/or hit point damage)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 77

Conditions: SDC: 39/79. Force Field Armor: 200/200 SDC. Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute.

Frakker! Rosseyn instinctively grabs at his sides, but his hands don't make contact due to the forcefield armor he erected around himself. His first thought is of securing the target and allowing the team to make their escape. He's already stuck in place and I'm tired of this bastard coming after us. "You're not taking anyone, Zed." Rosseyn runs to get behind Zed, drops his forcefield and supercharges Zed's equipment (going for a utility belt, pants, etc). He stays low to avoid the giant lizard man twisting around to hit him. Wait... What are my arms doing?! As he's charging the items, he notices his arms start to glow the same ultramarine that radiated from the items he made explode. The color traveled down his upper limbs to his torso and then down to his legs. I feel... weird. Light. Satisfied that he had put a sufficient charge into Zed's pants, Rosseyn takes a step back to get a better feel for his body. What is going on?

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

APM: 7
Actions 1-2: Get behind Zed.
Actions 3-4: Supercharge Zed's Utility Belt. Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 5: APS: Energy
Actions 6-7: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 23
Auto-Dodge vs Weapons Fire: 1d20+4 = 161d20+4 = 191d20+4 = 201d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 13
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1731.00
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clothes-lined/garrotted and falling.


Inexplicably, Ro calls out to the big lizard. "It's all gone dark, Zed! You see nothing." (Need to study that power, it doesn't work like you intended.) Zed cocks his head momentarily, then seizes Halko and hurls him like a living projectile over Niall's prone form, and into Cairo and Ro. “You're not taking anyone, Zed.” Rosseyn calls out. Cairo drops his weapons as his shadowy figure is knocked to the ground with the weight of impact from Halko. He calls out, "Knives No Good Brainiac." Ryden's steady aim pays off with a solid headshot to the bounty hunter; he doesn't even seem to notice. Niall sends a blast of healing energy through his touch to the nearby writhing mass of shadows that is Cairo.

Just as Halko's body comes to a rest, he belches out a sticky glob right into Zed's face. "You couldn't leave us well enough alone after what those bitches did to us!" Halko yells. Ro lashes out at the temporarily blinded reptilian and kicks one of the guns from his hands. Zed lashes out blindly with the same hand and catches Ro with a lucky backhand (Crit) across his face that sends the big, scarred alien dazed and reeling. Rosseyn takes advantage of the bounty hunter's temporary blindness to creep up behind him. Niall evaluates Zed's handgun and determines that, other than its high quality, it is unremarkable, though obviously it is loaded with explosive rounds.

Halko glues one of Zed's feet to the ground; each of Zed's legs and feet being so large, and his stride so long, that it's impossible to get both with one glob. He continues to rage at the bounty hunter. "No, you take an Atorian contract to hunts us down." Zed uses his one free hand to begin to haul at the sticky mess covering his face. Ryden hurriedly backpedals diagonally through the alley intersection, and shoots Zed in the face as he moves back in a tactical crouch.

Halko glues Zed's other foot with another accurate spit, and finishes his rant. "Well, now you'll get what's coming to you!" Ro manages to get his wits about him long enough to see one of Zed's pistols on the ground, and kicks it towards Ryden...even as Ryden is backing away from where it skids to a stop where he last stood. With a roar, Zed rips the sticky mess from his face. His free hand now covered in one of Halko's hyper-adhesive globs of goo. Rosseyn lays a hand on Zed's belt from behind, charges it with energy, and detonates it. His pants sag a bit around the middle as a result, and his midsection is blackened. Niall takes aim and blasts Zed's remaining pistol. One of its two internal magazines cooks off in a humongous explosion so powerful that it knocks Rosseyn back and off his feet.

Zed is still on his feet; they're anchored to the ground, after all. He roars in rage and pile-drives his massive, gooey fist into the surface of the alley at his feet. It shatters. A mass of huge slabs of concrete now attached to his gooey fist. Cairo summons a force disc above Zed's head, and slams it down on him ineffectually (his two pistols no longer in hand). Rosseyn's material form takes on a different aspect. His physical body seems to radiate an ultramarine hue of light. He scrambles back from Zed on the heels of his hands and feet. Niall hollers to Cairo, "Kill that Frakking alien!” Though stunned, the tone and implied sentiment behind those words doesn't escape Ro's attention.

Zed smashes his other fist into the ground at the other side of his feet. It simply shatters into dust. Both of his feet are free, but now encrusted in clogs of a most unusual aspect. Cairo staggers to his feet. Ryden squeezes off a highly accurate shot from a distance that whips Zed's head to one side, the shot clearly striking him in one eye. His head whips back around and two perfectly angry, reflective, reptilian eyes stare directly at Ryden. He then dashes forward during the mass confusion of Cairo and Rosseyn's traumas, Niall's unbridled rage, and Ro's stunned state, seizes Niall by the collar, and vanishes. Ryden lacks the point of view to see where Zed went with Niall, but Halko has kept his wits about him and manages to catch sight of Zed's direction of motion, and the big bounty hunter dashing towards the western wall with Niall in the grasp of his free hand. Zed is nowhere to be seen.

What are your intentions?

Zed's-N'Dane-Trap-4.jpg


GM NOTES:
Map Note: Each square is 10'

There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -200 PTP; -60 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute (injured on .5)
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.; stunned for 2 rounds: -2 APM & -1/2 to all combat bonuses
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute (injured on .75)
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:45 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 72

H.P.: 223/223
S.D.C.: 1130/1150

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

CJ straightens up as he rises to his feet feeling a sensation of clarity and awareness like he's pounded half-a dozen energy drinks, **2 Heavy shots to the chest, couple more. I feel different, but not bad. Adrenaline? I should be bleeding right? I think Crash hit me with his healing Mojo in the middle there ... What the frag is up with Nova?! He's still glowing, and it's all over ... but he doesn't have what's-it-called? Does he? Did I miss that? Halko looks fine ...** He coughs for a second and drops his Shadow-Cloak so he can determine the extent of his own wounds, "Nova, are you Ok? You're glowing. He took Vanko ... and seemingly invulnerable? Had a guy like that on my ... nevermind. He didn't like being blinded so I guess that's gotta be part of the Plan."

The PA Pilot glances round and takes a step to help Big-Ugly [Ro] to his feet calling out, "Uhmmm ... Sammy? You Ok? ... Can we track them?" Reaching for the Ro, Cairo momentarily finds the he's wearing Jacket binding until a rear seam surprisingly pops and then he finds the large Ro-fellow surprisingly light(?),**Civvies must be in rough shape ... but this Jacket was new. Oh well need a new one later.** Turning away from the scarred fellow CJ inquires before bending to retrieve his own dropped vibro-knives, "You're Psychic eh?"

Cairo grabs at the weapons noting that the handles feel kind of different (smaller maybe?), then sheathes the blades before tentatively using a couple fingers to touch at the former wounds where he took the heavy explosive rounds (finding them in surprisingly good shape). He muses to himself, **Ok. Good, no bleeding, swelling though. But it doesn't hurt. What the hell did I grow??? Have to figure that out later ... What next, go after Zed? Need to get Niall back. Probably can't catch Caja, but that might be another route ...** CJ then summons a new Force Disc and Shadow Cloak to be ready for their next step.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:17 am

Conditions: Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6

JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 81

Niall chokes at the sudden yank on his collar as the massive alien drags him at high speed. Frak! Can't breathe! He puts his hands to his throat, trying to pry the fabric away from his trachea, so he can breathe. Almost on instinct, he uses his Power Touch to disintegrate the fabric around his neck, in an attempt to breathe freely and escape the alien's grip (-10 P.T.P., -10 SDC to suit - probably enough to destroy both shirt and jacket?).

If this frees him from Zed's grasp, he scrambles to his feet and runs at full speed back to the 1st SOG's last position, screaming as he runs. "HERE! HERE! THIS WAY!" By Iblis, the alien's got me... I'm as good as dead!

If disintegrating his suit didn't free him, He kicks off one of his shoes, then the other, in an attempt to leave a followable trail. He then attempts to break free again from Zed's grip.

If he frees himself, but Zed catches him again, Niall will engage his Super Energy Expulsion's aura effect, in attempt to blind Zed (in full recognition that he could blind himself as well)

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4

APM: 5

Action 1: Disintegrate suit (-10 P.T.P, -10 SDC to suit)
If freed
Actions 2-5: flee, screaming

If not freed
Contingent Action 2: Kick off shoe.
Contingent Action 3: Kick off other shoe.
Contingent Action 4: unskilled escape artist check? 1d20 = 19 (if allowable)
Contingent action 5: unskilled escape artist check? 1d20 = 3 (if allowable)

If freed but recaptured
Contingent action 2: Get recaptured?
Contingent action 3: Engage aura effect; Damage 1d6+6 = 12; 60% chance to blind Zed
Contingent action 4: Continue aura effect 1d6+6 = 12; 60% chance to blind Zed
Contingent action 5: Continue aura effect 1d6+6 = 12; 60% chance to blind Zed
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:35 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 30 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 74
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/249
  • I.S.P.: 123/69
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength. Impact Resistance (Absorb first 20 pts, half damage thereafter)
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.


CJ wrote: "Uhmmm ... Sammy? You Ok? ... Can we track them?"

"If his shit stinks then I'll hunt that frakker to the ends of the... Grymdin. Gimme a sniff of your headset too, I wanna kick that Aurovax out of a frakking airlock"

Ro begins sniffing around for Zed's scent: Track 40% 1d100 = 99 fail Recognize scent 50% 1d100 = 15 pass
and then also for Caja's: Track 40% 1d100 = 60 fail Recognize scent 50% 1d100 = 52 fail

CJ wrote:"You're Psychic eh?"

"They told me I was, Zed and Caja don't seem too impressed though." Ro starts to wonder if he hasn't been set up as some kind of patsy by his machine masters. Shit, maybe all those test subjects were faking... He accepts Cairo's help getting on his feet and then notices something different about Cairo, "Oh shit, either he hit me a lot harder than I thought or you put on about 25 pounds of beef in the last couple minutes or so. Is that a normal occurence for you Ar- whatever the frak you guys are supposed to be?"

Number of Attacks: 4
Initiative Bonus: 1d20+9 = 19

1. If Ro sees Zed he'll try to superspeed-ily swipe Niall away from his grasp.
Or if he sees Caja, he'll try to grab him. Strike 1d20+5 = 19

2-4. Dodges: 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 17

In addition Ro keeps his sensitive ears open for any sounds that might reveal Niall's location.
Distance 50%: 1d100 = 25 pass Direction & Speed 50%: 1d100 = 67 fail
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 72


H.P.: 223/223
S.D.C.: 1130/1150

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

Ro Shambo wrote:
CJ wrote:"You're Psychic eh?"

"They told me I was, Zed and Caja don't seem too impressed though." Ro starts to wonder if he hasn't been set up as some kind of patsy by his machine masters. Shit, maybe all those test subjects were faking...


Cairo laughs congenially, "Yeah, yelling 'Nothing to See Here'!! Hehehe ... Has that ever worked before? ... You look like he rang your bell pretty good. Still good for a rundown?" The PA Pilot accepts whatever explanation follows (if any) and turns his attention to tracking down Niall and killing Zed, **Smell? He want's to smell the headset? ... Who does stuff by smell?? I wonder how much good a supersniffer was on an abrasive sand-stormy planet ... <sigh> ... Ok, so Zed's invulnerable? ... and he can break pavement by punching it. I don't suppose this area just isn't up to code and all the pavement is as fragile as tea-cups. He brought us down here either because he knows the area and we lose DRO backup, or because he has support down here, or maybe both ... Think back to the Academy. What's the play to deal with a Brick like this Bastard? ... Might need a combination of tactics.**

OOC: CJ doesn't really know how these things work or see the effort [ISP] that Ro put out, his experience with Arismal tended to be folks who were more subtle :evil:

Intelligence [45%]: 1d100 = 3 -- To recall standard tactics for dealing with Invulnerability

**Usually they need to breathe, but Halko said they spaced that Frakker before ... the first time. Maybe he got picked up pretty quick. With depressurization training, someone normal could probably go 2-3 minutes ... Invulnerable guys, let's say 10x longer [AUGG Pg 214]. So if he got dropped and could maneuver back to his ship he still needs to breath. Just not as much ... Or the frakker doesn't need to breathe and the whole line of thought is moot. What else? Well the other options are supposed to be Psionics like Quick-draw over here uses? used? with no appreciable effect ... whatever, Psionics or 'Magic'. Which probably isn't real.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Cairo wrote:Cairo laughs congenially, "Yeah, yelling 'Nothing to See Here'!! Hehehe ... Has that ever worked before? ... You look like he rang your bell pretty good. Still good for a rundown?"

"Never tried it before and won't ever again. " Ro rubs his jaw as he replies." He's got a hell of a backhand. Yeah, I'll rundown that sumbitch."
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 83
Attacks: 6
Init: 1d20+2 = 21

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 48
Radio: Basic: 95%=1d100 = 72

Halko/Torren jumps to his feet, "What the frak! He went this way guys. Lets move." And then he's off, hard charging through the doorway in the western wall. Trap upon a trap upon a trap! This is frakking stupid! but he's got Niall!

He hopes he can catch site of the huge alien, but he's not sure. Regardless, he fumbles with his vidcomm watch to get a link opened as he runs and starts reporting in as to which direction he's going.

If/when Zed comes into view, Halko will start firing goo globs at the being and Niall. Frak! Can't shoot the guy. Not that it would do anything. But I might hit Niall. Of course if he's being sold off to the Atorians.....


1. stand up
2. run and/or shoot glob: Strike=1d20+2 = 8
3. run and/or shoot glob: Strike=1d20+2 = 12
4. run and/or shoot glob: Strike=1d20+2 = 8
5. run and/or shoot glob: Strike=1d20+2 = 4
6. run and/or shoot glob: Strike=1d20+2 = 5
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 21
Ongoing: Cranky, distracted, -5% on all skills, -3 to save versus Horror Factor, -3 Initiative, and -1 to all combat bonuses.
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3 (1d20+4-3)

Ryden slips the headset on, but does not link it. To many unknowns at this point. Still denied access to his VR suit, he continues on pure training alone, grabbing the fallen pistol and holstering his own weapon as he moves to where Vanko and Zed just were. When Halko cries out, he follows at best speed. If he gets a chance, he takes a shot with Zed's gun, aiming for ears (earholes) or eyes. "Let's go." is his only response.

Action 1: Slip on headset (but do not link to it yet), grab the gun that was dropped and move to area where he last saw Niall and Zed.
Action 2: Holster his own weapon and once he hears Halko, run after him.
Action 3-5: Run after Halko, Zed, and Niall, dodging and parrying (see rolls below) as needed

Contigency 1: If I see Zed and have a shot, use his gun to shoot him in the ear or eyes.
Action 3-5: Aimed, called shot: 1d20+3 = 18 damage: 1d6*10 = 60

Contingency 2: If I'm shot at, dodge 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 12 (1d20+5-1). Same rolls can be used for Parries as well.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5 (+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 88

Rosseyn gets himself up off the ground, standing in a response-less state of shock regarding the change that just occurred in his body. What just happened? What... am I? Taking a moment to take stock of his body, he notes that all of the necessary parts are still there. But... I'm not solid. Nova was good at being an IO, his brain was great at getting him in and out of situations smoothly and his charm worked toward the same goal... mostly. But figuring things like this out... Ask the nerd, Nova. "Brain, what the frak just happened to me? Why am I blue?" Looking down at the ground, he notes that his feet are no longer touching the ground. "And floating?"
Cairo wrote:"Nova, are you Ok? You're glowing."

Ro Shambo wrote:"Oh shit, either he hit me a lot harder than I thought or you put on about 25 pounds of beef in the last couple minutes or so. Is that a normal occurence for you Ar- whatever the frak you guys are supposed to be?"

"I'm not sure... But did you put on a few pounds? Just now? You look... buff. Also, who's the tagalong?"

Coming a bit more to his senses, he hears the others screaming about Niall's capture and he floats after them. "None of our attacks did a damn thing earlier. We've gotta get our guy away from Zed and then high-tail it out of here. We might not be able to beat this guy but we can sure as hell make his job impossible."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1731.25
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clothes-lined/garrotted and falling.


Niall, your post is available in your Inbox. 8)

Ryden slips the headset on, grabs the fallen pistol, holsters his own weapon, and moves to where Vanko and Zed were last seen.

Halko jumps to his feet. "What the frak! He went this way guys. Lets move." And then he's off, charging towards the door set into the western wall. It's not only closed, but also locked. A basic card-reader lock is mounted to the wall just to the right side of the door.

When Halko cries out, Ryden follows at best speed. "Let's go." is his only response to all the chatter around him.

Cairo takes a step to help Ro to his feet calling out, "Uhmmm...Sammy? You okay? Can we track them?"

Ro responds in general, "If his shit stinks then I'll hunt that frakker to the ends of the... Grymdin. Gimme a sniff of your headset too, I wanna kick that Aurovax out of a frakking airlock" Ro recognizes Zed's distinctive Nithian scent in certain obvious areas, but can find no trail of it. Given all the goo and led thrown Zed's way, this isn't terribly surprising. Ro completely loses the scent of the Aurovax.

Cairo inquires, "Nova, are you okay? You're glowing. He took Vanko, and is seemingly invulnerable? Had a guy like that on my...nevermind. He didn't like being blinded so I guess that's gotta be part of the plan."

Rosseyn replies, "I'm not sure, but did you put on a few pounds? Just now? You look...buff. Also, who's the tagalong? None of our attacks did a damn thing earlier. We've gotta get our guy away from Zed and then high-tail it out of here. We might not be able to beat this guy but we can sure as hell make his job impossible."

Cairo inquires of Ro, "You're psychic, eh?"

Ro responds, "They told me I was. Zed and Caja don't seem too impressed though." He then notices something different about Cairo, "Oh shit, either he hit me a lot harder than I thought or you put on about 25 pounds of beef in the last couple minutes or so. Is that a normal occurence for you Ar- whatever the frak you guys are supposed to be?"

What are your intentions?

Others.jpg


GM NOTES:
Map Note: Each square is 10'

There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -200 PTP; -60 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute (injured on .5)
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.; stunned for 2 rounds: -2 APM & -1/2 to all combat bonuses
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute (injured on .75)
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 8
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

H.P.: 223/223
S.D.C.: 1130/1150

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

CJ pauses for a beat to roll his shoulders and momentarily raise his arms parallel to the ground resulting in a momentary feeling of binding then the sound of fabric seams tearing, "Well, either I gained some unexpected bulk or Zed slapped my clothes down a few sizes ... might explain why I've been so damn hungry lately." Answering Nova's question he responds, "He's a Stray the boys found over at TGE looking for a job. He didn't run off when Sammy went down, but he's got some trouble restraining himself, more later."

The PA Pilot puts a hand up and >Merges< to the Card-Reader and opens the door [Computer Hacking [70%]: 1d100 = 63] then offers a directing finger towards Ro, "You're a psychic tracker? Lead on Jujak ... Chop chop."

If Ro heads into the building Cairo will follow with barely restrained haste. If the door remains locked or Ro doesn't head in, CJ will create a new Force Disc and hop aboard. Cairo keeps his eyes peeled for danger and his ears open listening for Niall, sounds that could be Niall, or potential ambushes ... [Intelligence [45%]: 1d100 = 38]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Halko » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 32

Halko, fed up by the poor circumstances and the escaping Zed, stomps a foot on the ground. He's rewarded with the sound of a small explosion as he is pitched forward, face first into the locked door. Pushing himself off the door, Halko looks a bit stunned. Not by any physical damage but confused at what just happened.

Its hard for Halko to say just what exactly is happening. First the stick globs and now that explosion something or around. Regardless, we need to get that door open now and get our man back. He gives his foot a look but dismisses it as his concern for Niall builds.

Halko/Torren turns and gives Cairo/Noran a nod when he sees the man plugged into the door lock.

As soon as the door pops open, Halko looks to the big alien and says, "You heard him. Chop Chop, we gotta get our man back" as he pulls both of his pistols out and says back to Nova, "Boss, you got a portal set to someplace we can dump Zed? Just to get him off our backs for now. Once we get Niall back, we're gonna need to set up a trap to get rid of him."
Last edited by Halko on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 am

Conditions: Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute :arrow: should be removed this round

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5

JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 68

At a touch from his glowing hand, Niall's shirt disintegrates, but the massive alien simply switches grip to his throat. Niall begins to panic. Frakking hell! He's gonna sell me to the brushheads! Reasoning that he's going to have a hard time surviving if he bleeds to death, he lays a glowing hand on his own shoulder to heal his shredded back. He then clamps his own eyes as tightly shut as possible, and ramps up his Super Energy Expulsion power's aura effect, in an attempt to blind his captor, and buy himself some time. This might blind me too, but that's a chance I'll take if it buys the 1st SOG time to find me.

His third strategy is, using what voice he may be able to muster, to call as loudly as possible for help. If Zed tries to strike him unconscious, Niall will try to use his free hand to parry the blows.

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 74 (SUCCESS)

"HELP!! FRAKKING HELP ME!"

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5

APM: 5

Action 1: Heal thyself (-270 P.T.P. for 15 HP and 45 SDC)
Action 2: Aura Effect; Damage 1d6+6 = 8, 60% chance of inflicting blindness
Action 3: Aura Effect; Damage 1d6+6 = 12, 60% chance of inflicting blindness "HELP!!"
Action 4: Aura Effect; Damage 1d6+6 = 7, 60% chance of inflicting blindness
Action 5: Aura Effect; Damage 1d6+6 = 10, 60% chance of inflicting blindness "FRAKKING HELP ME!"

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+3 = 20; 2) 1d20+3 = 7; 3) 1d20+3 = 19; 4) 1d20+3 = 15; 5) 1d20+3 = 8
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 36 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 71
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/89
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

Stunned for 1/2 rounds: -2 APM & -1/2 to all combat bonuses
-------------------------------------------------------------


Ro looks around for any stray weapons and his own thrown knife from previously. Man, this is turned into a bit of a bummer. At Cairo's prompting, Ro sniffs around the door to catch the scent and then heads on through. He uses the full extent of his abilities to find the alien and Niall.
Track by Scent 40% 1d100 = 98 fail
Hearing: 1000' range; Distance 50% 1d100 = 31 success
Direction & Speed 50% 1d100 = 24 success
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 95

An idea comes to Nova that might save his friend's life. "Your watch. Check your frakking watch!" Turning back into flesh and blood, Nova goes to open a channel to Niall's VidComm Watch. If we can see where he's going, we might be able to catch up to him. Hell, I might be able to sense the watch if we get close enough. Brain, can you hack into the geolocator chip of his watch? If you can see where he's going, we can catch up to them! If he's somewhere that I've been, we can cut him off at the pass!"

If he's able to locate Niall, Rosseyn will mobilize the 1st SOG immediately heading in his direction.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ryden » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:40 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 3

Presented with a locked door, Ryden does the only thing he can do. As CJ steps up, Ryden pops the multi-tool from his pocket. If there are anti-merge security systems, he leans in and and pries off the cover and attempts to short the card reader's outputs so it will open the door without triggering an alarm. (Electrical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 69).

That done, he hands the headset to Nova. "Any bugs on this?" When he has said it's okay, Ryden puts on the headset and links it with his system again. He does a quick diagnostic, looking for changes or new "features" having been added, or features having been taken away (Computer Operation 105%/1d100 = 25). To Nova's question he nods. "It's not a hack though, Just a standard feature. I just made it available to me while I was setting them up. Had to leave it on for emergency services, specifically our contracting agency. By the way, keep that in mind as we tear through here, right?" As he talks, he begins searching for the locator signal of the watch (a standard feature on most such devices though he has set theirs only to respond to law enforcement and each other, plus his and CJ's computer), to track him through the system (Computer Operation 105%/1d100 = 41).
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1731.5
Map Notes: 1 square = 20'; the stairs should be obvious; the thin, broken white zones are doors.
Environmental Restriction: There are numerous power and data lines criss-crossing between buildings in this area, so any airborne movement incurs a (66% chance per melee) risk of being clothes-lined/garrotted and falling.


Niall, your post is available in your Inbox. 8)

Cairo
CJ rolls his shoulders and raises his arms. The fabric of his top tears along the seams. "Well, either I gained some unexpected bulk or Zed slapped my clothes down a few sizes...might explain why I've been so damn hungry lately." He responds to Nova's question, "He's a stray the boys found over at TGE looking for a job. He didn't run off when Sammy went down, but he's got some trouble restraining himself, more later." He then merges his hand with the card-reader and unlocks the door. He directs a finger towards Ro. "You're a psychic tracker? Lead on Jujak. Chop chop." Cairo follows with barely restrained haste.

Halko
Halko stomps a foot in frustration. A small explosion from underfoot sends him face first into the locked door. He briefly gives his foot a look in a mix of consternation and surprise. When the door pops open, Halko looks to the big alien and says, "You heard him: 'chop-chop.' We gotta get our man back." He pulls both of his pistols out and says back to Nova. "Boss, you got a portal set to someplace we can dump Zed? Just to get him off our backs for now. Once we get Niall back, we're gonna need to set up a trap to get rid of him."

Ro
Ro looks around for any stray weapons and his own thrown knife from previously. Man, this is turned into a bit of a bummer. At Cairo's prompting, Ro sniffs around the door to catch the scent and then heads on through. He still can't identify or locate a scent, but he hears a single pair of heavy foot falls and estimates their direction and speed. The group is on the right track, but the sounds are becoming more faint which means the distance between them and their quarry is opening due to delays like locked doors. He faintly hears "HELP! FRAKKING HELP ME!" from beyond the room and further to the west. He spots a shoe on the floor in front of the closed door on the other side of the room.

Rosseyn
When the door opens, for just a moment, Rosseyn can actually hear the footfalls of the big alien just beyond the room into which they rush. "Your watch. Check your frakking watch!" Turning back into flesh and blood, Nova goes to open a channel to Niall's VidComm Watch. "If we can see where he's going, we might be able to catch up to him. Hell, I might be able to sense the watch if we get close enough. Brain, can you hack into the geo-locator chip of his watch? If you can see where he's going, we can catch up to them! If he's somewhere that I've been, we can cut him off at the pass!" Entering the room, Rosseyn spots one of Niall's shoes on the floor in front of the closed door on the other side of the room.

Ryden
As CJ steps to the reader, Ryden pops the multi-tool from his pocket, pries off the cover, and then shorts the card reader's outputs so no alarm will trigger. He then hands the headset to Nova. "Any bugs on this?" Nova shakes his head distractedly. Ryden puts on the headset and links it with his system again. To Nova's question he then nods. "It's not a hack though, Just a standard feature. I just made it available to me while I was setting them up. Had to leave it on for emergency services, specifically our contracting agency. By the way, keep that in mind as we tear through here, right?" As he talks, searches for the locator signal of the watch through his system. The signal's ahead (west-northwest), but opening in distance. Entering the room behind everyone else, Ryden looks in to see a data center with a large mainframe in the middle of the room and high quality server banks in each corner.

What are your intentions?

Others.jpg


GM NOTES:
Map Note: Each square is 10'

There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--different, nearby hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -470 PTP;
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.; stunned for 2 rounds: -2 APM & -1/2 to all combat bonuses
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./H.P.; Bleeding: -2 H.P. per minute (injured on .75)
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5455
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Niall » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18

JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 26


Zed wrote:"You bassstard."
Niall smiles inwardly. Got you, frakker. Blinded. He shuts off his aura effect and opens his eyes, to try and see if he recognizes where they are or where they're heading.

Intelligence ☞ 62% 1d100 = 81 (FAIL)

If Niall can reach up to Zed's head, he will administer a Super-energy blast at point blank to his temple, charging it up before reaching up to deliver it. He then tries to hook his foot around Zed's leg, martial-arts style, to attempt to trip him (kick attack)

Contingent action:

If Niall cannot reach Zed's head, he then looks to see what he might be able to grab of Zed's, in order to disintegrate or damage it and give himself an advantage. In order of preference (if any of these are within reach): communications headset or whatever he's got; gun; glove (and maybe slip out of his grip?); belt. He will use up to 200 of his remaining Power Touch Points to damage or disintegrate whatever he can.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6

APM: 5

Action 1: Charge blast
Action 2: Charge blast
Action 3: Charge blast
Action 4: Super-Energy blast (point blank) 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 1d6*10 = 10 + 6d6 = 25 = 35
Action 5: Tripping kick 1d20+2 = 8; Damage 2d4 = 7 + trip

Contingent action 2: Pour PTP into disintegrating reachable item (- up to a total of 200 P.T.P.)
Contingent Action 3: Pour PTP into disintegrating reachable item (- up to a total of 200 P.T.P.)
Contingent Action 4: Pour PTP into disintegrating reachable item (- up to a total of 200 P.T.P.)

If at any point Niall can get enough breath to scream, he'll do so again.

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 78 (SUCCEED)

If Niall identified where they're going or where they currently are, he'll shout the location out, hoping someone can hear him.

"Frakker's got me at (location!) HELP!"

Otherwise, he'll fall back on an old reliable standard: "THIS WAY! FRAKKING HELP!"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Cairo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 71

H.P.: 223/223
S.D.C.: 1130/1150

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force-Disc

At Halko's explosive leap into the doorway, the PA Pilot remarks, "First Aldric [Nova], then Me, now you Torren [Halko]? ... Must be something in the Water, or maybe Vanko's [Niall] girl slipped us something. Sammy [Brainiac], are you able to fly yet? ..."

CJ's eyes widen a bit at the unexpected well-lit-data-center-and-server-banks, "Mainframe and servers? ... My ass this was a random escape route. Keep your eyes open for lightning scorches in case Crash is marking his path ..." If anyone points out the fallen shoe, he'll advance across the room to open the door and toss the shoe back at Jujak/Ro, "Through here?"

[Intelligence [45%]: 1d100 = 15 ]

**This smells like a setup. Niall's bait. But if you prey doesn't chase the bait, it's useless ... and he probably disposes of it. Me and Burger-Face could catch up, but we'll be leaving the others ... Is he trying to draw us all in or spread us out? Frak this guy. I am making boots outta him.** Cairo will head down the hall(?) as quickly as confirmed keeping an wary eye out to dodge any sudden ambush or attack. If he spots Zed & Niall, CJ will create a new Vertical-Force-Disc/Wall in front of them to block off further exit (and move it as necessary) while the rest of them close distance.

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative [+4]: 1d20+4 = 22

1) Create Vertical-Force-Disc/Wall up to 300ft away as needed [170 SDC] to block Zed
2-6) Move Disc and close distance as appropriate

Dodge Bonus [+13 /+2 on Disc]: 1d20+15 = 34
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Ro Shambo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 33 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 92
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/245
  • I.S.P.: 123/89
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What the frak is this place... Porn Servers? Ro points in the direction of the shoe and the sound. "I can hear 'em there, thataway."

Ro accompanies CJ to the next door continuing to keep track of their quarry.
Track by Scent 40% 1d100 = 79 fail
Estimate sound;
Distance 50% 1d100 = 87 fail
Direction & Speed 50% 1d100 = 75 fail
Pinpoint Location 24% 1d100 = 82 fail

Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: 1d20+17 = 27
1-6 In case of combat Ro will move into range (90') to use Mental Illusion (20) to convince Zed there is an enemy in front of him. "There's our gun-drones! We have you surrounded!"
Ro Shambo
 

Re: The Vangelos Sprawl

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 82


Halko wrote:"Boss, you got a portal set to someplace we can dump Zed? Just to get him off our backs for now. Once we get Niall back, we're gonna need to set up a trap to get rid of him."

"Nowhere good. What the hell just happened to you? Never seen you lose your footing like that." When Nova sees the shoe across the room, he points to the door. "Noran, get this next door open. He dropped his shoe for us to follow. I'm gonna try something."

First, Nova switches back to his energy form. This feels kinda nice... Cut off from my sense of touch, but otherwise, I feel pretty damn powerful. Then he tries to fit through any openings/nonsealed parts of the door. If he makes it through, he'll rush forward to cut the distance between Niall and himself.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
APM: 7

Actions 1-2: Give orders to Noran.
Action 3: APS: Energy.
Actions 4-5: Test door for openings.
Actions 6-7: Get through door.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Next

Return to N'Dane Residential Community

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest