Social Street

The galaxy parties in Hykri! Whether to visit the fleshpots of the district, enjoy better living through chemistry, or to hook up with your peers for a night out on the town, the Hykri has what you're looking for!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Social Street

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Image

Social Street is the hub of social activity on Grymdin. Countless restaurants, cocktail lounges, cafes, bars, hotels, and other similar establishments fill the grid of streets in this sub-district of the Hykri.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:38 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1315


Image

The restaurant's marquis reads "Mwanamke Mtukufu na Buibui" (The Marquessa and the Spider).

The restaurant's dining floor is mostly outdoors, and it is somewhat crowded. Most of the clientele are humanoids. Around one table is a group of garishly dressed men and women in dark goggles. Even at this hour of Grymdin's synthetic day, the area is uniquely lit by the restaurant's own lighting. The garishly dressed table of Kassans are mostly engaged in banter and finishing their drinks. The restaurant's crowd is thinning out even as the group of Arismal arrive to take things in; the lunch rush is ending. A short woman with a half-apron tied about her waist and a digital stylus pad on her left wrist greets them as they saunter into the area. She escorts them to a recently-cleared table near the restaurant's façade. She returns in a few moments with a menu for each of them and indicates in Pilian that she will let them decide what they like and be back in a few minutes to take their order.

The "menu" is more of a rules card than a traditional menu. There are no listed prices except for the "lunch special" which is a soup and sandwich combination plate consisting of a tomato bisque and a jambon buerre (ham and butter on baguette). The lunch special is 15 credits a plate. The rest of the text on the card reads in large, friendly letters:

    Order whatever you wish and we'll make it.
    If we cannot make it for some reason, we will tell you.
    You will be charged the value of the dish. (We will give you the price ahead of time if it concerns you.)

There is a small bit of text at the bottom of the card which explicitly states that the restaurant apologizes but it only serves cuisine fit for humanoid consumption and that any specific dietary requests must be made prior to preparation.

True to her word, their waitress departs their table, but she can clearly be seen to be keeping an eye on them as if anticipating being called upon.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 6

As the squad walks up to the restaurant, Nova/Aldric mutters "You had to pick the most authentic one, didn't you. Good work. Let's blend in." With his suit and sunglasses, he looks like a tacky, dressed down version of a Kassan, but it will have to do. Having read the Kassan data that Cairo and Ryden worked on, he feels that he has a good basis to structure his identity from. He focuses on being as snooty as he can while listening to the conversations around him to see if he can learn anything about this place. "Sirs, I MUST recommend that we start with a soup." Based on the information he received from Cairo he makes the following suggestions for a dinner order.

Starter: Potato Leek Soup
Main: Brown Butter Lobster Ravioli with Cream Sauce and an Arugula-Cherry Tomato Salad
Cheese: Truffled Pecorino, Mild Goat Brie, Taleggio
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 67

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 46

Conditions: Merged

Before departing the Kelvin Hotel, CJ confirms to Halko that all his own research into Kassan cuisine indicated that their dietary needs are consistent with the Arismal (and that Brainiac previously indicated the same). He doesn't opt to change into a suit like the others, **Meh we're not all supposed to be in uniform, nor are we cookies straight out of a cutter ...** Instead the pilot follows the others out to the Restaurant as his stomach threatens to riot.

Rosseyn wrote:He focuses on being as snooty as he can while listening to the conversations around him to see if he can learn anything about this place. "Sirs, I MUST recommend that we start with a soup." Based on the information he received from Cairo he makes the following suggestions for a dinner order.


Cairo casts an eye around at any entrees being brought out to other tables and takes a seat in the clearing restaurant. **Sirs? Sirs? Like he's just meeting the rest of us who are in his party? Hell the 4 of them are in matching suits? ... That's kinda funny.** With a chuckle he shrugs at Nova, "Fine by me, I could eat a Bontu's leg. I'm not sure that crud Sammy was shoving in front of us the last week was actually all organic. I think he's trying too much kitschy trendy crap. If you can't handle the basic steps you shouldn't be leading the dance hehehe," before casting a little wave towards the waitress.

When she comes over CJ offers a grin and points over at Nova to begin ordering. When she gets round to his turn, "I'll have what he's [Nova's] having, and a drink Menu. Also could you bring me a Lunch special and 2 of those [points at someone's dessert on another table] too please?"
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 54

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 61


Before they leave the hotel, Halko/Torren takes off his utility belt, he loosens it up and and slings it around his shoulders as a sort of makeshift shoulder holster, though the spare magazines are not in easy reach, he does make sure the pistol is under his left arm and can be drawn with little difficulty. The whole mess is somewhat uncomfortable, but He's is not willing to walk around this place unarmed just yet, even if half of the team has one kind of ranged power of another.

Grinning as they're about to leave the hotel room, Halko says, "You know, if we're going to a place with actual Kassan, it might be best if we just watch and learn. I doubt we could pull off the ruse with just the text knowledge that we have. Especially if its a Kassan we're trying to fool. It could look like we're trying to mock them and we're not really here to start a fight." He keeps his contacts in but for backup, tucks a pair of the cheap sunglasses in a pocket as well as a pair of the light sensitive goggles. "I'm gonna play this straight, unless you order otherwise Sir." He nods to Nova.


Arriving at the restaurant, Halko/Torren keeps a step back from Nova and those in the lead. When they are shown a table he makes sure to take a seat with his back to the restaurant's facade so he can watch over the external dinning area. Looking at the menu, Halko has no dea what it says. He glances at the others and mutters, "I can't read this." When the waitress comes back around to take their order, he doesn't try to push the Kassan persona and smiles to the short waitress as he stumbles over the Pilian words, "A special, a coffee and a water please."

When the waitress moves on, Halko can't help but think, Well, whatever I just ordered, it'll likely taste better than that nutrient paste we've been shoveling down back in the fleet.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:13 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Niall accompanies the others to the restaurant on Social Street. The multitude and diversity of alien life still continues to discomfit him, though he works hard to affect a haughty, detached air.

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 40 (SUCCESS)

As they enter the restaurant, Niall yawns. Let's do this. Time to put on my "bored fortunate son" hat. He turns to Cairo. "You always take us to the best places," he says, dripping with sarcasm.

As they sit, he peruses what there is of a menu with a sigh, then tosses it onto the table. He arches an eyebrow. "No wine list?" He glances around. "Still, I suppose it's better than the galley..." He finishes glancing around, then raises his eyebrows. "...probably. Let's see if they know any Kassan dishes, shall we?"

If we test their knowledge of these dishes, then we don't have to scramble to come up with them ourselves. He leans back in his chair and waits for the waitstaff.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 88
Wardrobe & Grooming 60%/1d100 = 60

With his newfound knowledge of fashion to guide him, Ryden manages to look like a bored and casually dressed to impress spacer. He obviously cares about his appearance enough to put on the bare minimum, but few Kassan would mistake him for trying to look impressive. In all he should not stick out at all to the Kassan, but should look good to everyone else. Despite being in the same clothes, no one would accuse him of matching the others. His fellow soldiers recognize the attitude as pure Brainiac, but combined with the style change, he manages to pull off the Kassan attitude and look.

Rosseyn wrote:"You had to pick the most authentic one, didn't you. Good work. Let's blend in."

"I aim to please." he mutters back.

Rosseyn wrote:"Sirs, I MUST recommend that we start with a soup."

"Fine, whatever you say," he says bored and dismissive. To the attendant he says, "Some soup with meat in it for the first course. Whatever the chef suggests. Same for the main course. I'm hungry today, so don't hold back. Nothing overly spicy though. And bring me a surch*, creamed slightly with melted sak'ar*. In fact bring the whole table one." He'd already looked up the Kassan version of expresso and was looking forward to trying it with cream and the melted sugar glaze he'd read was very popular. It sounded delicious. "I'll probably get something later as well. Oh and some bread and vaj* too" Kassan butter made from a flying mammal's milk was considered a staple luxury and one of the most commonly requested types of butter by kassan when off-world, at least according to the culinary magazines he'd read.

Cairo wrote:"Fine by me, I could eat a Bontu's leg. I'm not sure that crud Sammy was shoving in front of us the last week was actually all organic. I think he's trying too much kitschy trendy crap. If you can't handle the basic steps you shouldn't be leading the dance hehehe,"

"It's not my fault your tastes are so limited. Besides, any time you wish to step up, I'll gladly let you fall on your face in failure."

But Ryden's attention was no longer on the table anymore and he lets any further talk wash over him. Instead he focuses his ABS on the other Kassan and any other guests, getting a feeling for what they can do. He doesn't linger with his gaze, except long enough to scan.

When the surch arrives, he gratefully drinks some, tasting it tentatively. If they only have standard Caff available, he sighs and acquiesses.

ABS Accuracy 55%
10d100:
95, 59, 7, 81, 37, 19, 97, 87, 38, 90


* OOC: I used Hungarian for Coffee, Sugar, and Butter, but got a little happy and decided it was expresso.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:06 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 67

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 46


CJ blanches in muted mock-disgust at Braniac's response, "Seriously Sammy? Our tastes are limited?? ... I think Vanko found packaging material in that soufflé from 2 nights ago." He then nods over to Aldric [Nova], "Maybe you should Mark this place down for your next date with little Ms. Blue-skin from the Bar."

**C'mon Nova. You can mark this place as a landing spot, and we can hop directly from the ship or our Hotel to a place with foot-traffic, and comfortable lighting. Someplace unobtrusive like the restroom and we can privacy is alot more likely ... Who knows if/when we're going to need a landing spot outside the Novoo district.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1320


Image

Location: The Marquessa and the Spider
"You always take us to the best places," Niall says, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he takes in the restaurant.

Rosseyn tries to get into character. He suggests to the others a classic Kassan-type meal consisting of a soup, an ultra-rich seafood and pasta dish paired with a light salad, and followed by a cheese course.

Cairo laughs at Rosseyn's pretentious diction, and adds "Fine by me, I could eat a Bontu's leg. I'm not sure that crud Sammy was shoving in front of us the last week was actually all organic. I think he's trying too much kitschy trendy crap. If you can't handle the basic steps you shouldn't be leading the dance."

Ryden responds to Rosseyn's suggestion with an air of practiced boredom. "Fine, whatever you say."

Cairo waves over the attendant. She whips out a datapad along with a smile, and dutifully leans over ever so slightly to indicate her interest and attentiveness to his order. Cairo cannot help but notice the grand vista of cleavage that presents itself just below her smile. A small, golden locket dangles between her firm breasts; its twinkle is what drew his eyes in the first place...at least that's what he was planning on telling her should she call attention to his gaze.

Rosseyn orders a potato leek soup to start, brown butter lobster ravioli with cream sauce and an arugula-cherry tomato salad for the main course, and plates of truffled pecorino, mild brie, and taleggio for the table. Cairo adds, "I'll have what he's having, and a drink menu."

The attendant shakes her head and replies with an almost imperceptible purr to her tone. "How about I just bring you something I think you'll like? We have no menus to speak of, after all. Yes. I will bring you a Tedeschian moba-fruit frappé. It's lightly sweet, creamy, smooth, and refreshing. You'll love it."

Cairo adds, "Also could you bring me a lunch special and two of those," he points at a dessert on a neighboring table, "too please?"

She smiles and notes on her pad while she echoes "A lunch special and two slices of clafoutis." She winks at Cairo. "That's Abe Froman, the sausage king of Grymdin. He always orders our clafoutis. Quite the traditional palette, eh? I thought so. The frappé will make your taste buds sing." She takes a few steps and smiles down at Halko.

"A special, a coffee and a water please." Halko requests.

"A simple order for simple tastes, eh? An uncomplicated man." She nods appreciatively as she notes his order and moves on to Niall.

"No wine list?" Niall inquires, glancing around. She shakes her head to confirm his query.

"Still, I suppose it's better than the galley...probably. Let's see if they know any Kassan dishes, shall we?"

The waitress smirks at his challenge. "I will tell the kitchen staff to amaze you with their knowledge and skills. That your palette is refined yet provincial, so they should cater to the tastes of a well-bred man whose tastes never escaped those of his own arrondissement." With a quick note to her pad, she moves on to Ryden.

Ryden orders. "Some soup with meat in it for the first course. Whatever the chef suggests. Same for the main course. I'm hungry today, so don't hold back. Nothing overly spicy though. And bring me a surch, creamed slightly with melted sak'ar. In fact bring the whole table one. I'll probably get something later as well. Oh and some bread and vaj, too"

The waitress smiles. "I'll make your surch myself. Javier tends to slightly burn it as he errs on the side of heat a bit too much. I have great practice from own addiction to the drink, so your surch & sak'ar will be perfect, sirs. I'll be back with the bread and vaj in moments, and your drinks shortly thereafter."

Ryden and Cairo then verbally spar a bit, getting into character. True to her word, she's back at the table with a wide cutting board on which rests a whole loaf of bread and a pair of small bowls filled with creamy, spreadable vaj. After she's returned to the restaurant, they shortly hear the sound of her making one surch after another.

Ryden takes a casual scan of those in the restaurant with his ABS. Many of the clientele register as almost certainly Kassan based on the prevalence of energy expulsion powers, heightened senses, and mechano-link. Most of the rest of the clientele of The Marquessa and the Spider appear to be mundanes like himself, or otherwise not properly registering on the ABS detector.

What are your intentions?


Location: Social Street

Image

As yet unregistered with an arbitration firm, Ro walks the street cautiously. He'd been on Grymdin for a few days now, and had found that despite the funds available to him on his credit card, nobody in the nicer parts of town would even so much as sell him a bottle of water. He'd been forced to make his way to the N'Dane just to find someplace to catch some shuteye where people would not bother him for occupying their private property. Outside the N'Dane, these people were less than kindly towards others who used their property in any way without payment...and everything, but everything was owned by somebody. The N'Dane was run-down and not terribly well maintained, but it was reasonably clean, and the people were more cautious about interacting with others (probably because many of them too were unregistered with an arbitration firm) which lent the sprawling community towards greater respect for privacy and minding one's own business. This had been what Ro was after at the time. Being able to just be alone with his thoughts for a few days had been a blessing. His metabolism gave him the urge to eat voraciously, but his alterations also made that somewhat of a luxury concern at this point. He'd eaten regularly on the multi-leg FTL transit from Feradine to this curious artificial world, so going without food and water for a few days wasn't too much of a concern. ASIS had not sprung for luxury accommodations or travel, so his passage on various freighters to reach Grymdin had taken months. Still, this place was, so far as he had experienced it, refreshingly unlike Arora in its customs, and inclusiveness of all species. He even ran across an Atorian male the other day, and the fellow had been surprisingly cordial with the people who were bidding on something he was selling. He hadn't been a ruthless, bloodthirsty warmonger at all. Quite the contrast to the propaganda perpetuated by various political factions in the Liloqua Quadrant which almost universally portrayed the Atorians as little better than monsters waiting to eat the young of other species. Ro tried to clear his head. His thoughts were a jumble. He needed purpose, direction. ASIS had disavowed him and had cast him out from his own society. What was he to do with his life and his hard-earned skills?

Various holo-adverts popped out at him from everywhere on Social Street as he walked the finely manicured pedestrian pathways which linked the various physical retail establishments, hotels, and residencies and which he had learned were all maintained by the local merchants associations. A small, understated, and aesthetically minimalistic holo-advert caught his attention: it was a vidcast recap of events from across the quadrant by a start-up news firm here on Grymdin. The vidcast carried no access fee. Having no contract with Grymdin Telecomm, he was presently unable to access any data that was not freely promulgated. He took a seat on a nearby bench, linked his datapad to the advert site, and sat back to take in all that he had missed since the beginning of his exodus.
  • In the far-flung reaches of the quadrant the TMC was dealing with the usual problems of pirates and raiders in the commercial space lanes.
  • TGE had acquired through contract default a moon in the Shia system.
  • The homeworld of the Arismal was destroyed in a freak FTL shipping accident; rumors abound of elements of that insular species' having escaped the destruction of their homeworld, but other than some notable Arismal who were on holiday on a cruise-liner, the species is believed to be extinct; those notable Arismal subsequently disappeared shortly after media outlets got their reactions to the destruction of their homeworld.
  • The Niamese Coalition claimed responsibility for the liberation of the crew of a mining facility in an unnamed system between Tith and Olerrat; the Atorian Empire is using this incident as yet another example of terrorism being conducted along border worlds by rogue elements in the FAR, and is aggressively prosecuting both diplomatic and military reprisals for this act of terrorism.


What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 33

Conditions: None

CJ grins at their waitress and her natural gifts, **No reason not to take in the Wonders of Grymdin, so to speak. Some would say it'd be rude Not to look.**

"Smooth n Sweet sounds like a treat. Some of us aren't as big into self denial as others hehehe. To me Clafoutis looks like just the right way to start a meal." As she saunters off to prep their drink orders the Pilot chuckles and cuts off some bread to slather with Vaj, "Mmmmhmmm, Remind me to thank Florran for recommending this place."

**Froman, the Sausage king of Grymdin eh? ... Sounds like a guy in the local processed foods business. I wonder if we can look him up after this. Should we tail him? ... Shoot I just want to get through a dang meal to start things off.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:17 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 63

Language: Pilian ☞ 80% 1d100 = 5 (SUCCESS)

Waitress wrote:"I will tell the kitchen staff to amaze you with their knowledge and skills. That your palette is refined yet provincial, so they should cater to the tastes of a well-bred man whose tastes never escaped those of his own arrondissement."


Niall chuckles in spite of himself. "Excellent riposte." He shares a glance with Cairo, then says. "I like this one. She has fire."

He looks back at her, and his amusement is killed suddenly as he thinks the single word, Alien.

He sighs heavily and leans back in his chair, his skin crawling anew. This place is going to be the death of me.

He tries to take in the sights and sounds of the establishment. Full as it is of near-Arismal aliens, he can almost, almost, convince himself he is in an exotic Arismal vacation destination. He tries to lose himself in this thought, tries to find a way to be better at ease among these inscrutable aliens, but ultimately cannot.

Instead, he tries to take ease in being surrounded by the fine Arismal of the 1st SOG. They are a part of home. What is it they used to say? 'Of a blood and bone with me.' Family. All the surviving Arismal... are all the family we all have now. Not like these aliens, wearing so Arismal-like features but ultimately... not. They're... not the same. Not as good. Like those Kassan, that think they're better than anyone else... just because they're Kassan.

His face flushes, as he makes a sudden realization.

Holy frak. I'm a Kassan.

He shifts uncomfortably in his chair. I'm guilty of the same damn thing. Thinking I'm better than these aliens, just because I'm Arismal and they're not. That's what the Kassan do. But... is it true? Am I better... just because I'm Arismal? better than the Atorians, to be sure... but... all the aliens? Logically, that can't be true.

Niall heaves a heavy sigh, his heart racing, his chest burdened with these new thoughts.

How does the old psalm go in the Texts? 'Though Setis has blinded me, may Vinayaka help me see.'

Logically, Niall knows that for the Arismal to survive, we are going to have to find aliens we can trust, but he squirms at the thought of doing so. Better not to do a thing than to do it halfway, He thinks, in his father's voice. And this is a thing that must be done. I've treated our alien allies up until now disgracefully. If we should find new ones... I'm going to have to do better.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:27 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 40 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 1
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Using whatever access he can get for free Ro uses the local network to search out the information he needs (Telecom, Registration, Lodging, Employment).
Computer Operation 42% 1d100 = 32 pass
Radio: Basic 67% 1d100 = 51 pass
Research 52% 1d100 = 47 pass
Intelligence 39% 1d100 = 29 pass
Law: General 52% 1d100 = 6 pass
Lore: Alien 32% 1d100 = 94 fail
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 32% 1d100 = 3 pass

If necessary Ro will attempt to ‘sniff’ out Grymdin Telecom using his ‘Radio Sense” (300 mile Radio Communication) in order to procure a contract.
Sense Communication Devices 60% 1d100 = 54 pass


Using his skills and abilities Ro seeks out the required information using good old-fashioned ‘human’ intelligence.
Surveillance Systems 52% 1d100 = 87 fail
Interrogation 72% 1d100 = 40 pass
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 43% 1d100 = 80
Streetwise 37% 1d100 = 82 fail
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 95 fail
Invoke Trust/Intimidate ☞ 20%/40% 1d100 = 98 fail

If necessary Ro will begin the process of building up a false identity. Presumably the first step is to acquire the least secure form of I.D. (library card?) and build up from there.
Forgery 37% 1d100 = 80 fail
-------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever Ro is obliged to take his mask off he uses his psychic abilities to disguise his face,
Ectoplasmic Disguise (12 ISP/10 Min)

If necessary Ro will use his psychic abilities to help gain trust or otherwise convince people to help him.
Empathic Transmission (10 ISP/2D6 Min)
Hypnotic Suggestion (6)
-------------------------------------------------------------

vidcast recap wrote:
  • destruction of their homeworld, but other than some notable Arismal who were on holiday on a cruise-liner, the species is believed to be extinct; those notable Arismal subsequently disappeared shortly after media outlets got their reactions to the destruction of their homeworld.

Holy shit! Arismal is gone! Great, that was four years of studying up on a race of ghosts well spent. The Big Brains thought Arismal was going to be a major player, yeah right… from the grave? This’ll help my employment search, anyone need a curator for a museum of extinct civilizations?

vidcast recap wrote:
  • The Niamese Coalition claimed responsibility for the liberation of the crew of a mining facility in an unnamed system between Tith and Olerrat; the Atorian Empire is using this incident as yet another example of terrorism being conducted along border worlds by rogue elements in the FAR, and is aggressively prosecuting both diplomatic and military reprisals for this act of terrorism.

Okay, here’s a little help… Things are heating up, the NC might be making a recruitment drive right about now.

impressions wrote:...an Atorian male the other day, and the fellow had been surprisingly cordial with the people who were bidding on something he was selling. He hadn't been a ruthless, bloodthirsty warmonger at all.


Ro Shambo stares at the Atorian from behind the dark lenses of his mask. Huh, I thought they’d be different. What’s his deal? What’s he doing here anyway? If he lacks more promising opportunities Ro will subtly investigate the Atorian.

Soul Searching wrote:What was he to do with his life and his hard-earned skills?


Ro Shambo considers his place in the Universe and what the future may have in store for him. He had never felt so alive, he was truly FREE, his own man with his own destiny. And what wide and varied galaxy he found himself in, what delights does it hold? The thought of a galaxy full of pleasures bring him back to his current circumstances. Sure, he can live of garbage and sleep in the streets forever if he had to but that was no way to live, Ro had to get himself hooked into the local economy or he wasn’t going to get to see or do anything wonderful at all.

The intrepid wanderer makes a list of priorities:
    1.Contract with Grymdin Telecomm
    2. Registration with an arbitration firm
    3. Lodging
    4. Employment (Register with the Soldier Services Directory)

Using whatever access the vidcast service gives him Ro surfs the net trying to find the information he needs. How can he get a Telecom contract? How can he register with an Arbitration Firm? Once he can access his funds, where do visiting mercenaries and spacers usually stay when on Grymdin? Ro will head there and obtain a room. If all that gets done Ro will attempt to sign up with the Soldier Services Directory.

In addition Ro keeps his eyes and ears open; hoping to up any clues that will help him achieve the items on his list. He’ll seek out street people and those of low status (as they can be bribed cheaply or intimidated easily) to convince and/or cajole into helping him integrate into Grymdin society (such as it was).
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 61

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 67


"A special, a coffee and a water please." Halko requests.

"A simple order for simple tastes, eh? An uncomplicated man." She nods appreciatively as she notes his order and moves on to Niall.


Halko/Torren furrows his brows at the waitress. Not having understood what she said, he just gives her a nod as he assumes she was just repeating his order. Frak, I wish I were better with these languages. Oh well, nothing to do but to do it.

When the waitress moves on, Halko goes back to looking around the restaurant. When he spots Niall's face turn red, he mutters, "Something wrong?" He glances around the seating area, then leans toward the man some, "Its kinda weird seeing so many unfamiliar faces. Imagine how all the people back in the..." he stops himself as he changes his wording, "back home will feel when the finally get out and about. "

Halko shuts up as the waitress approaches and nods to her when she brings over the bread and butter. Leaning forward to take a slice, Halko decides to change the subject, and raises his voice a bit as he says, "Did anyone notice if this place has some kind of live sporting event? It might be fun to get out and stop thinking about work for once."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 33

Conditions: None


CJ takes a sip of his drink to wash down his current mouthful and nods back at Halko, "Actually the City map shows a place called the Bloodsport Hippodrome here in the Hykri district. It's some kind of Arena. I pulled up some clips back when I was having a digital look-around, but I didn't have the chance to watch any of it. Casinos & Nightclubs are around here to part folks with their money too ... " The Pilot returns to eating with undisguised gusto (and by the end of the Meal folks who cared to check would notice that he's eaten 3½ times as much as others, including a 2nd Lunch Special if the first is pretty good and a couple more desserts).

As he chews his way through the meal, CJ thinks back on his time handling a Bot on Arismal in the UMC (Ultimate Mecha Championships), **I wonder what these folks put on for a spectacle. Can it hope to match anything like the Western League Unlimited Class championships from 4 years ago? ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:48 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1330


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider
Their spirited waitress quickly brings them their requested beverages and informs them that it'll be another ten minutes for the lunch specials and another fifteen or twenty on top of that for the rest of their meals. After delivering the news, she tousles Niall's hair lightly with one hand and consoles the group. "But I know you gents are famished and unused to such terrific hardships, so let me bring you a cutting board with some bread and cheeses to keep you from perishing from hunger while you wait." She returns moments later true to her word and sets down a wooden cutting board cum platter in the center of the table. "The time will pass before you know it, gents. Flag me down if you need anything else in the interim." She returns to waiting upon other tables as the group chats among itself.

This would be a great time to nail down your plans!

Location: Social Street
Actionable Text wrote:Ro Shambo considers his place in the Universe and what the future may have in store for him. He had never felt so alive, he was truly FREE, his own man with his own destiny. And what wide and varied galaxy he found himself in, what delights does it hold? The thought of a galaxy full of pleasures bring him back to his current circumstances. Sure, he can live of garbage and sleep in the streets forever if he had to but that was no way to live, Ro had to get himself hooked into the local economy or he wasn’t going to get to see or do anything wonderful at all.

The intrepid wanderer makes a list of priorities:
    1. Contract with Grymdin Telecomm
    2. Registration with an arbitration firm
    3. Lodging
    4. Employment (Register with the Soldier Services Directory)

Ro decides that his first point of order should be getting paid access to the broader network here. With that he'll be better able to take care of the rest of what he needs to do. Finding a free access directory listing (it's loaded with time-consuming and distracting adverts, but hey, it's free), he finds directions to Grymdin Telecomm's physical location so that he can establish his account.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
    Ro's Status: Mobile
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 54

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 87

Conditions: None

CJ carves off some cheese to go with the bread and Vaj combination and sits back to look around at the remaining patrons as he casually remarks to Aldric [Nova], "Good service, decent fare. For an outer rim planetoid, this place isn't bad. It should be on Your list for future dates instead of that slop-joint you went this morning." **Did he Mark it? I can't tell. Hopefully he got the hint and does it before we freaking leave. It would be dumb to have to come back here later so he could do it.**

The PA Pilot turns to look at Brainiac [Sammy], "So are all the communicators set with a standard channel and a pair of backups? Better to have everyone on a channel for updates as long as we don't have to listen to Aldric hitting on and getting shot down by woman after woman after woman ... Just kidding Aldric. That was a Frakking riot. I still can't believe you left the channel on for an hour, or that you used the same line 4 times. I swear I was near-positive Torren [Halko] was going to burst into tears laughing while we listened. You've gotta mix-it-up man. Last month I was a Doctor, a Lawyer, a Senator's son, Vlad Pitt's brother, and a man on the run ... anything I thought would the job done hehehe."

With a chuckle he takes a long drink and looks around the room at the remaining patrons looking for anyone Armed or dangerous looking, and anyone taking note of their own conversation, **20 Minutes she says ... Damn maybe I should go chase down a street vendor for a damn snack while I wait. Should split out the additional cash needed ...**

"Aldric. You wanna hit me with 20k for small arms? I want to make sure I have rounds aplenty for the next bunch of these Tribal yahoos we need to educate. 50k if we want to do that spare round of Armor for Varron's side-job. We should see if they have any good Liquors out this way. If we bring back a few dozen cases of the right stuff it could be all the rage, and that is worth good creds hehehe."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 99

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 74

Cairo wrote:"Actually the City map shows a place called the Bloodsport Hippodrome here in the Hykri district. It's some kind of Arena. I pulled up some clips back when I was having a digital look-around, but I didn't have the chance to watch any of it. Casinos & Nightclubs are around here to part folks with their money too ... "


Halko/Torren gives a partial sneer at the name of the place, "Could be entertaining. I was thinking of team sports. Maybe an acrobatic show of some kind with music and visuals. But I guess you'd need a vested audience with team sports and this place likely has too much of a transitory population. One off events likely do better. And gambling only favors the house." He tips his head as if he's weighing his options. These contacts are great. Goggles can get annoying some times, especially when we're trying to keep a low profile.

Halko/Torren smiles at the waitress when she returns with the bread and cheese. Could she really think the others are Kassan? Is she just trying to keep them from making a scene because our food is taking a while to prepare? He gives her a nod and stumbles over the language yet again, "Thank. We are here, not long. So many foods types, not easy menu." Though he was meaning to say, 'Thank you. I'm sure it won't be long. I'm still amazed that you're able to offer such a variety of fare with no menu.'

Feeling a bit out of place, Halko/Torren is glad when Cairo/Noran speaks up. Taking a slice of bread, Halko listens along for a while as Cairo gives a little fake history for anyone that may be listening in on what they are saying. After a while he speaks up again, "Booze and weapons are all well and good but we will eventually need to get to work. And I'm guessing that we're all going to have to be present if we are to sign up with the Soldier Services Directory."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 25
Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 46 - to determine what races are common here by the crowds PASS!
Intelligence 66%/1d100 = 11 - Are we making a scene? Does someone seem overly interested? PASS!
Detect Ambush 60%/1d100 = 81 - Anything hinky going on? FAIL
Prowl 65%/1d100 = 50 - To disguise his looking about for threats as something more benign like natural stretches, eating and drinking. PASS!
Research 105%/1d100 = 20 - best place to get emergency rations in bulk that allow for a sample so we can see if it tastes like butt or not. PASS!
Research 105%/1d100 = 23 - best place to get a surch machine and bulk quantities of the drink. PASS!

Ryden drinks the surch as it arrives and is instantly glad he found mention of it. Not quite as good as some of the caff blends from Arismal, but good none the less. Hearing Halko, he leans over and makes sure the man has the ear buds for his watch in. Quietly, such as only Arismal hearing can hear at these distances, he suggests, "Put one of your ear buds in, I loaded the watches with our translation matrixes for the local languages, just keep the volume down so there's no bleed over." His eyes are scanning the crowds for a variety of reasons as he eats, using bites of food and drinks of surch to hide his wide spread gaze from being obvious.

He cuts some bread from the first cutting board and between them all it disappears quickly. The second she brings is welcome as well. He savors the surch. "I have got to get some of this for the ship, and one of the machines. Maybe two. Present for the boss lady." He says it in a way that suggests a mercenary's patron, even though he means Captain Cardea.

He nods to Noran's [Cairo's] question and can't help but snicker at his wild imagining at Nova's expense. "Hey that was a tough crowd. They didn't tell us they were a matrilineal society. Ignorant backwater yokels." He adds the latter as a means of helping to repair some of Nova's hurt image. The man was a horn dog and lady's man, but that might come in handy here and there was no need besmirching his charms when they were an operational asset.

When they talk about the Bloodsport Hippodrome, "Sammy" nods. "I wonder if Trystan will be there or if he's off on another circuit?"
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21 (NAT20!)+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 20(NAT20!)/1d100 = 15

Cairo wrote:"Good service, decent fare. For an outer rim planetoid, this place isn't bad. It should be on Your list for future dates instead of that slop-joint you went this morning."

Aldric/Nova idly runs his finger across the edge of the wooden cutting board, taking in its texture. Looking up at Noran/Fang with faux ennui, he simply remarks "I suppose. Only restaurants with excellent food and a comfortable restroom make it onto my list. But no restroom assistants, they are the dullest creatures."
Cairo wrote:"Better to have everyone on a channel for updates as long as we don't have to listen to Aldric hitting on and getting shot down by woman after woman after woman ... Just kidding Aldric. That was a Frakking riot. I still can't believe you left the channel on for an hour, or that you used the same line 4 times. I swear I was near-positive Torren [Halko] was going to burst into tears laughing while we listened. You've gotta mix-it-up man. Last month I was a Doctor, a Lawyer, a Senator's son, Vlad Pitt's brother, and a man on the run ... anything I thought would the job done hehehe."

Ryden wrote:"Hey that was a tough crowd. They didn't tell us they were a matrilineal society. Ignorant backwater yokels."

Aldric/Nova's demeanor switches from boredom to self-important, arrogant man humor. "These women... they just don't know a good line when they hear one. And to be honest, they should be grateful that I am willing to...bestow myself upon them! It's a great line, I've just gotta find the right woman who gets that."

Cairo wrote:"Aldric. You wanna hit me with 20k for small arms? I want to make sure I have rounds aplenty for the next bunch of these Tribal yahoos we need to educate. 50k if we want to do that spare round of Armor for Varron's side-job. We should see if they have any good Liquors out this way. If we bring back a few dozen cases of the right stuff it could be all the rage, and that is worth good creds hehehe."

As he brings out his card to transfer 20K to Noran/Fang's card he lectures him a bit. "We've already spent 10% of what we were given. Keep the costs low and we don't have to go crying back to mother asking for more cash. Besides, we should definitely start figuring out ways to earn money while we're here. Mmmm... This is good cheese."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 54

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 87


Conditions: None

The Pilot shrugs, nonplussed at Halko, "Some team sports are Ok. I like the purity of having a single opponent across the ring. But hey, different strokes for different folks." He nods along a bit at Sammy/Brainiac's mention of Trystan, "Yeah I like his style. I grew up with a guy who was one of his training partners, before he got his thigh snapped. My buddy not Trystan."

**Crap, I wonder if that Trystan guy fights in any team based fighting competitions ... like tag team stuff or somesuch. I should review my clips so I can figure out a bit more context. Have to be careful about those comments.**

CJ slides the funds card back into his pocket then carves off a piece of ham (meat) from the platter to stack with cheese and bread. He offers a bemused grin to Nova, "Your Mother's shopping list is too long for the funds she sent, so she'd best get used to disappointment." [OOC: That's right, a vague Yo-Mama joke :wink: ]

Chewing on the appetizer bread thing he ponders, **I wonder if Brainiac just wandered through this district with his Computer if he could just chip through a couple firewalls for restaurant suppliers and follow the chain o paperwork back up to the right company for us to approach about Fleet provisions ... **
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 76

Torren wrote:"Something wrong?"


Niall smiles and shakes his head 'no'. "Epiphanies can come at inconvenient times."[/quote]

Torren wrote:"Its kinda weird seeing so many unfamiliar faces. Imagine how all the people back in the... back home will feel when they finally get out and about. "


Niall nods. Probably a lot like I feel... in the cross-hairs. "I was just noting to myself how much like home this place feels... with certain notable exceptions of course." Like how everyone's wearing an Arismal-looking face but no one's ... Niall catches himself. He had almost thought 'actually a person', but amended his own thoughts rapidly. ... familiar.


He turns when the waitress approaches, and as she tousles his hair he suppresses an urge to flinch, but does smooth his hair back afterward with his hand.

Despite his newfound epiphany in re the treating of aliens as something less than vile, he does catch himself wondering if the waitress is a spy of some sort, and, as he smooths his hair back out, he takes the opportunity to check his scalp for microtransmitters... knowing full well that he's being foolish.

Intelligence ☞ 62% 1d100 = 30 (to find any spy devices planted by the "waitress" in his hair - SUCCESS)

Niall takes some of the bread and cheese from the tray, and regarding it dubiously, tries it despite himself. He finds it delightful.

His face wears a quizzical expression, as the cheese practically melts in his mouth, exciting a refined palate that has too long borne the burden of nutrient paste. This is the most delicious potential poison I've ever eaten.

He finishes the piece of cheese and cracker, and serves himself another.

Looking seriously around the table, he adds. "I have never been so conflicted in my life."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:19 am

(rolls held)
When Cairo tries to go off the cuff, Ryden barely refrains from rolling his eyes and pulls up Trystan's public fighting record on his tablet, and slides it his way. "Yeah, he's had quite a career, that's for sure," he adds noncommittally.
Research 105%/1d100 = 56 (note - done for effect, not a desire for information unless Augur deems it worth sharing)

Ryden looks at Niall confused. "By what?" Ryden had a healthy amount of paranoia when in an foreign situation, but the idea of a street diner they just walked up on poisoning them didn't even register as possible. It *could* happen, especially in a suspense flick, but in real life few intelligence agencies were THAT good.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

(rolls carried over)

Ryden wrote:"By what?"


Niall chuckles. "Cheese and irrationality." He shakes his head and waves his hand dismissively. "I expected less of the food."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 am

(Rolls held)

Ryden nods. "The cheese is good." He leaves Niall to his musing as he downs the last of the surch. He has a contented smile on his face, though a rumbling in his stomach reminds him he hasn't really eaten yet.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:53 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 54

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 87


Conditions: Merged

CJ picks up the Tablet produced by Brainiac, allowing his palm to cover an access port so he can seamlessly Merge, first to review Trystan's record, then click onto the GT Wireless network and run a few searches while he waits for the food to arrive in earnest:

● Formation of the FAR
● History of the FAR
● Current FAR Member Races [Just a Race List if available]
● Soldier Services Directory (access to: 1) any rules for registration over in the Soniua Mercantile District [to figure out if registration is needed, if they ALL need to go down and register, or if 1 person could register or register a Squad], or 2) any list of jobs publically available)

Research [55%]: 1d100 = 39, 1d100 = 33, 1d100 = 60, 1d100 = 24 -- for the above searches
Computer Operations [90+25=115%]: 1d100 = 90, 1d100 = 86, 1d100 = 88,

OOC: Most of this is very generally this is encapsulated @ AUGG 37-38
Last edited by Cairo on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

[Rolls Held]

Ryden wrote:"Put one of your ear buds in, I loaded the watches with our translation matrixes for the local languages, just keep the volume down so there's no bleed over."


Halko/Torren grins and gives Ryden a nod as he tucks the earbud into place, "Thanks Samil. I'm just having a little trouble getting the syntax down. I'm sure it'll smooth out the longer we're here." Grabbing some more of the bread, he sips at his coffee-like drink and tries to keep an eye on the crowd, especially the Kassan.

Giving Niall a 'yeah, I guess' gesture as the man answers his questions, Halko continues to listen to the group as they attempt to play something close to Kassan. Once again he's happy he kept the contacts in, I don't know if I could keep up this boastful banter.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 pm

(rolls held)

The amusing thing for Ryden was to act Kassan was to basically give into his base urges. He already knew he was better than most, had perfect faith in the efforts of those he trusted and absolute disdain for any who failed to meet the cut. It was only the socialization and empathy pushed on him by his mother at a young age that reigned it in. As he sits there, he remembers a story his mother would tell other parents exasperated by the attitude that Ryden could show.

Ryden's memory wrote:"Oh it could be worse," she would warn them. "When he was 2 he was already beginning to read and play around with the computers we gave him. We recognized he had a talent and gave him encouragement in it. But when he began going to social functions, we realized something we hadn't before. He had zero empathy for anyone unable to keep up. He knew respect and admiration, but taking their feelings into account just didn't compute. It's a very stressful time. At one point we took everything away from him but a pencil and paper. He had a bevy of toys, but he had begun to challenge us and our authority over him. Worse still was that he didn't seem to care. With an outlet in the paper, he drew and wrote, creating worlds and ideas that surprised us. Eidetic recollection of events he was an infant for, recounts of conversations we didn't know he had heard, with commentary on how he felt about them. In the end it was a counselor helped us and little Ry. Instead of trying to use emotion, she began to use logic to break down the walls he had built up. In the end, she helped him understand, in purely logical terms, what it meant to see what another human being felt. It changed him. Of course then he found out what a dating simulation was, and I don't have to tell you how bad THOSE can get. Thankfully they were just a phase before the next thing. But after that he was able to form real relationships for the first time."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:39 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1345


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider
Image

Ryden/Samil keeps his eyes wandering and determines that, at least in their vicinity, there are a number of Kassans, a very dark-skinned (Darakan?) woman sitting across from a well-dressed man with a plate of grilled meats and vegetables in front of him which Ryden can smell even from his seat such is the strength of the spices the food has been seasoned with, and a trio of humanoids with small horns protruding from their foreheads who are having what appears to be a lively and light-hearted conversation. If anyone is drawing any attention, it's the chatting and laughing trio as they all appear to be somewhat in their cups and laughing and talking just a little bit louder than everyone else. The street and the sidewalk dining appear so utterly mundane, if pleasant, that Ryden doubts that even anything as banally sinister as overcharging is occurring. His casual searches of the available nets for emergency rations in bulk lead him, unsurprisingly, to identify TGE as the best source for low-priced, packaged foodstuffs. His search for surch machines leads him to a couple of auction sites where a number of both new and used models are available for purchase at reasonable prices, but it quickly becomes apparent that Souq Street vendors are the most immediate source for such niche domestic appliances. His related search for bulk purchases of surch lead him to both a commodity trading site specializing in agricultural products, and to Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms in the New Vesta Agri-Zone. What he finds intrigues him enough that he does a bit of surfing through New Vesta related sites, and he quickly determines that this entire zone on Grymdin is dedicated to the production of foodstuffs, their treatment, refining, packaging, and shipping. New Vesta grows much of the food that is produced on Grymdin. It's readily apparent that Grymdin is nowhere near self-sufficient so far as foodstuffs are concerned, but that New Vesta is capable of producing enough food to feed Grymdin's population with ease, if not with the variety to which the population is clearly accustomed.

Niall/Vanko's suspicions, he finds, are utterly unfounded. The waitress clearly was just being sociable and a touch provocative; she planted no micro-transceivers in his hair.

Cairo/Noran's perusal of the formation of the FAR is cut short as the waitress arrives with a rolling table from which she quickly and efficiently disgorges all the ordered soups, salads, and beverages. She informs the table, "The main course will be ready in ten minutes or so, gentlemen."

Note: Formation of the FAR, History of the FAR, Current FAR Member Races--all of this is available in AUGG and of no problem for anybody to learn.

Serving Niall last, he is given a bit of special treatment as the waitress wraps her arms around him to secure in place a bib and place a towel across his lap. He can feel her breasts lightly pressing against the back of his neck. When she sets the fish soup in front of him he notes the beauty of its plating, the variety of fish chunks, shellfish, slices of mollusks, all swimming in the heady aroma of a well-spiced and spicy tomato-based broth make his stomach audibly growl. She purrs in his ear as she turns the plate before him. "These species of mollusks are said to be aphrodisiacs. Let me know if you'd like seconds."

Image

She then swishes away to seat a Tedeschian moba-fruit frappé in a stemmed glass in front of Rosseyn, then glances back at Niall for a departing wink as she returns to the interior of the restaurant.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
    Ro's Status: Mobile
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 10
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: 1d100 = 46

Conditions: None

CJ's nose pulls his attention from the scrolling tablet almost before the cart of food rolls to a stop, "Now that's what I'm talking about Sammy [Brainiac]. You can keep your trendy avant-garde dishes, I'll take a dish my mother would have made any day and twice tonight." His palm imperceptibly unmerges from Ryden's Tablet and he muses a bit about the last few bits he picked up as he reaches for a spoon to test out the Soup initially. As he eats, the Pilot muses to himself a bit on the basics he'd roughed out, ***Let's see here. The Kassans were one of the original founding races of the FAR some 420 years ago, so I would imagine they're pretty damn well spread out. The FAR covers 1/2 the Liloqua Quadrant and a little bit of the Ilta quadrant ... the FAR now has like 4,000 member races and allegedly ~40,000 planets. That is a crapload of planets. Couple that with what we know of the Kassans already, and I wonder if we'd be better off claiming to be Kassan Special Forces or Intelligence operatives than freebooters working for some Atorian exiles. Maybe Brainiac can dig up info on whether the FAR or the Kassans have a known Secret Police and/or intelligence division ... ***

The waitress' lingering attention to Niall draws an audible chuckle as she sidles off, "Vanko [Niall], I hope you've been keeping up your cardio. I think she may want more than just the tip from you ... Aldric [Nova], do you and Sammy want to check out the Merc Commons after this? Or should we all check out Weapon Masters Unlimited? I heard they have an indoor firing range. 2 bottles of that Mint Liqueur says you can't beat Torren [Halko] from 50 paces out. He's been killing it lately."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:37 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 71

Nova looks at Niall with an incredulous glare. Holy shit, playboy made a new friend. He doesn't look up at the waitress when she puts the drink down in front of him, he is just stuck on what just happened. Once she's gone, he says "Vanko! Looks like you've got a new mission objective. Don't let the squad down." He begins to eat his soup with an feigned air of dignity. "This really is the best type of soup. Goes perfectly with this cheese." He continues to looks around the restaurant while eating and drinking his meal to get a better feel for Social Street.

When Cairo brings up Weapon Masters Unlimited, a light smile forms over Rosseyn's face. "2 Bottles of Mint Liqueur? Throw in a bottle of Titonian rum and you have a deal. You feeling lucky Torren?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:59 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Niall sits frozen as the waitress attends to him. He's used to flirting waitresses: back on Arismal when he had been fairly well-known, this had been commonplace. His feelings here, however, are complicated, and swirl in his stomach. He takes a moment to enjoy the attention - the pressure of her against his back, the fragrance of her hair, her breath, her voice in his ear. He closes his eyes, and remembers, briefly, his pre-ADF days. Almost like a siren going off in his head, he reminds himself, She's an alien. He suppresses a shudder. He opens his eyes to the sight of an excellently-presented soup. Almost a bouillabaise... thicker, spicier. He nods in appreciation.

flirty waitress wrote:"These species of mollusks are said to be aphrodisiacs. Let me know if you'd like seconds."


Niall smiles at her, a sort of devilish half-smirk. Play the part, Niall. "I've never needed an aphrodisiac in the presence of a lady such as yourself. But this smells delightful."

He watches her as she serves Rosseyn, and when she winks at him before departing he offers her another smirk.

As he prepares to try to enjoy his food - his stomach as eager as his taste buds - his teammates pounce.

CJ wrote:"Vanko [Niall], I hope you've been keeping up your cardio. I think she may want more than just the tip from you ...


Nova wrote:"Vanko! Looks like you've got a new mission objective. Don't let the squad down."


Shaking his head, Niall smiles sadly, and merely says "She's not my type. I'm more of a... how did she put it? A 'well-bred man whose tastes never escaped those of his own arrondissement'." She's not Arismal, in other words.

Niall eats slowly, savoring the food, the ambiance, and even the experience, odd as it is. He fleetingly wishes he did not care about aliens, so that he could pursue this waitress without feeling repulsed - at her, at himself. His attraction to her spurs an odd form of guilt in the pit of his stomach - which he attempts to drown with fish soup.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:19 am

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 10
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 64

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: Original post: 1d100 = 46


Conditions: None

CJ sighs and winces Aldric/Nova in mock indecision, "Oooo ... upping the ante. That's a pricey bottle of Rum. For those kind of odds you've gotta shoot over your shoulder with a mirror or something ... " The Pilot shifts back to mirth at Niall/Vanko and his response to Nova, "Well Mr. Picky you're not going to find much to meet your standards this far from Korvas Tyuth, and without any practice you're going to forget the process ... Then again, you could be right. Never know what you might pick up from the locals out this way ... You in on this wager? None of your Zap-Zap bolts though, pure skill."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:30 pm

(rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"Well Mr. Picky you're not going to find much to meet your standards this far from Korvas Tyuth, and without any practice you're going to forget the process ... Then again, you could be right. Never know what you might pick up from the locals out this way ..."


Niall nods thoughtfully. My thoughts exactly.

Cairo wrote:"You in on this wager? None of your Zap-Zap bolts though, pure skill."


"My 'zap-zap bolts' are pure skill. Deadly blasts of concentrated skill."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 89

Ryden helps himself to his own soup, enjoying the taste and the chunks of meat in it. The taste is heavenly and the feeling of it against his gnawing stomach even better. So it is he misses his first shots in on Niall. Hearing the tech's dismissal of her, he frowns. Quietly he adds, "Vanko, I love you like a brother, but you are an idiot. Trust me when I say, you could use the distraction. As for the other concern, they have hundreds of kinds of protection available if the ads I've been killing are any measure. But whatever, stay your in your little ball of unreleased tension if you want." He shrugs and continues eating, uncaring about the talk of gun ranges. "Personally I think we need to head and get registered in the Commons, and then there's some shopping I want to do. At some point I need to head over and check out TGE. I'd love some company Torren and Vanko, if you're up to it and not otherwise busy." At this he gives a smirk to Niall. This puts together the three man team he was supposed to be a part of. "Unless everyone wants to come, that is."

Ryden has an idea based on the ads and quickly programs a hidden message protocol. It would send two messages, one hidden inside the other. If the user doesn't specify a cover message, a spam generator would insert something. When hovered over, however, the true message would show. It also includes spam filter that looks for incoming spam from authorized users and color changes any purple text into red text so the identifier of purple text is maintained. Once done, he pushes the update to the others.
    Computer Programming 110%/[EP Spent for CRIT SUCCESS]
Pulling up his virtual keyboard, he taps out a message to the team, sending it via their communicators. It is in Pillian with the address of the TGE, but if they hover over it (it looks like a link to something), a message in Arismal reads. "Test of hidden message system. If you don't type a message for the cover, it will insert spam. Purple spam from a teammate is basically a lazy teammate using the hidden messaging system. This message only appears when interacted with. Any spam that would normally be purple in color is changed to red instead."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 am

(Rolls carried over)

Ryden wrote:"Vanko, I love you like a brother, but you are an idiot."


Niall smiles. "All of the finest people I've ever met have told me that."

Ryden wrote:"Trust me when I say, you could use the distraction. As for the other concern, they have hundreds of kinds of protection available if the ads I've been killing are any measure. But whatever, stay your in your little ball of unreleased tension if you want."


Niall nods, knowingly. But there aren't enough hot showers in the galaxy to wash off... I know it's not reasonable... I know, logically, all aliens aren't... so... vile. But having sex with one? I'm not there yet. "I've seen those ads. Trust me, I'm not concerned about that." He chuckles. How do you tell people: I'm a racist? Speciesist? Whatever. I'm sure they already know... the way I've treated aliens before.

Ryden wrote:"Personally I think we need to head and get registered in the Commons, and then there's some shopping I want to do. At some point I need to head over and check out TGE. I'd love some company Torren and Vanko, if you're up to it and not otherwise busy."


Niall nods. "There's some stuff I want to check at TGE as well. Happy to join you."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 10
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 64

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) [105%]: Original post: 1d100 = 46


Conditions: None

Cairo rolls his eyes at Sammy/Brainiac, "P'shaw ... you're taking Vanko [Niall] my side-action, and Torren [Halko] my marksman? ... Who am I supposed to get to shoot against Aldric [Nova]?? Our Waitress? I can't win anything decent off him if I'm shooting. <mocking-sigh> Ok well, if you have a small-arms preference for the next time we have to deal with something that can ignore electric blasts from Vanko, lemme know. Otherwise, I guess Aldric and I will peruse the locally available slug-throwers and see if there is anything worth ½-a-damn."

Before they leave, CJ will order up 2 additional 'Lunch-Specials' to-go (one for Jill to be considerate, and a 2nd because he's not quite full).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 24

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 60%=1d100 = 20

Halko/Torren grins over at Niall/Vanko as the waitress flirts up a storm. He listens along as some of the others start to tease him about it. We've been on the clock for the better part of 45 days, more or less. Anyone else on the squad and they'd have likely gone taken the bait. Poor girl, had to pick our resident xenophobe. Somehow his thoughts drift back around to Jezebel Faux and he sits basking in the affectionate emotions that well up from his core.

Cario wrote:"Or should we all check out Weapon Masters Unlimited? I heard they have an indoor firing range. 2 bottles of that Mint Liqueur says you can't beat Torren [Halko] from 50 paces out. He's been killing it lately."


Nova wrote:"2 Bottles of Mint Liqueur? Throw in a bottle of Titonian rum and you have a deal. You feeling lucky Torren?"


Cairo wrote:"Oooo ... upping the ante. That's a pricey bottle of Rum. For those kind of odds you've gotta shoot over your shoulder with a mirror or something ... "


It takes a second but once his code name registers with him, Halko/Torren speaks up. Finally getting his Pilian right, he says, "Don't pull me into your mess. I'm not gonna be the cause of anyone's hard feelings or lightened pocketbook."

Ryden wrote:"Personally I think we need to head and get registered in the Commons, and then there's some shopping I want to do. At some point I need to head over and check out TGE. I'd love some company Torren and Vanko, if you're up to it and not otherwise busy." At this he gives a smirk to Niall. This puts together the three man team he was supposed to be a part of. "Unless everyone wants to come, that is."


When Ryden/Samil changes the subject, Halko couldn't be happier. Thank the gods he's here to keep us on task. I don't think anyone here would take the money we have and run off into the wilds of the galaxy, but it'd be really easy to kick back and enjoy the station for a while.

He raises his glass to Ryden in an internal salute to the man as he says, "Sure thing. TGE's setup isn't that difficult to maneuver. Its just incredibly large."

When Niall says he's up for going to TGE with Ryden as wel, Halko gives him a nod. "Looks like we've got some work to do. So lets kick back this meal and get to it." Sitting and looking at all this food reminds him just how bad off the fleet is doing and stirs a little bit of guilt in his stomach. Looking up and away from all the food the team ordered, Halko spots their waitress and, for some reason, he imagines her a LT. Faux. The feeling in his stomach flips around again as he wonders how her recovery is coming along.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1400


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider
Image

Niall smiles at her, a sort of devilish half-smirk. "I've never needed an aphrodisiac in the presence of a lady such as yourself. But this smells delightful." His half-smirk is returned with a suggestive wink. When she returns with the last of their orders five minutes later, she slips the bill to Niall. As she deposits the paper bill (including Cairo's additional order) in his hand her own lingers for just a few moments longer than necessary and squeezes his own gently as she leaves.

Bill wrote:Total: 500 credits
In hastily scrawled ink is her name (Jensen De Sol) followed by her communicator number and Grymdin Telecomm user ID (Phoenix_01).


Ryden quickly programs a hidden message protocol that sends two messages, one hidden inside the other. If the user doesn't specify a cover message, a spam generator will insert something. When hovered over the true message is revealed. It also includes spam filter that looks for incoming spam from authorized users and color changes any purple text into red text so the identifier of purple text is maintained. He pushes the update to the others.

Pulling up his virtual keyboard, he taps out a message to the team, sending it via their communicators. It is in Pillian with the address of the TGE, but if they hover over it (it looks like a link to something), a message in Arismal reads. Test of hidden message system. If you don't type a message for the cover, it will insert spam. Purple spam from a teammate is basically a lazy teammate using the hidden messaging system. This message only appears when interacted with. Any spam that would normally be purple in color is changed to red instead. His program works like a charm.

The rest of the team banters as they try to get their meal consumed fast enough to not waste time, yet still savor the tastes and textures of food the likes of which they have not enjoyed in weeks.


What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
    Ro's Status: Mobile
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 51

Conditions: None

Cairo merges to his vidcomm briefly and sends the following to the Squad via Brainiac's new system:

Ok, so you guys [Halko/Ryden/Niall] are headed for TGE. You might want to price out a couple cases of whiskey or a Still to help with Morale back home. Aldric, did you drop an anchor-point in the back so we can get back here as a rendezvous spot? This at least is a location where we wouldn't stick out hanging out with Goggles on. Aldric [Nova] and I will do a restock on the Armory. If you have specific preferences please send a text via this channel so we can try and facilitate within budget. When you finish at TGE, give us a call and we'll either meet up at the Merc Commons, back at the Hotel, or possibly on the Ship. Good luck & good hunting.


If no one needs anything further, he sets the comm to vibrate upon the receipt of any message, then un-merges and tucks his to-go order under one arm and rises to his feet headed for [[Weapon Masters Unlimited in the Novoo Industrial Sector]] with Nova.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:00 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 30

Niall savors his food, but doesn't linger overlong. When the waitress comes with the bill, he smiles at her.

Bill wrote:Total: 500 credits
In hastily scrawled ink is her name (Jensen De Sol) followed by her communicator number and Grymdin Telecomm user ID (Phoenix_01).


Niall stares at the handwritten note. I guess she wasn't just angling for a good tip, then. He arches his eyebrow, and thinks Poor kid. Picked the wrong guy at this table. Any other guy here would've been way more likely to give her the time of day than me. He shakes his head, and sighs.

Niall will pay the tab, with a 20% tip (600 Credits deducted), and gets up to go with Halko and Ryden to TGE.

Ryden wrote:Test of hidden message system. If you don't type a message for the cover, it will insert spam. Purple spam from a teammate is basically a lazy teammate using the hidden messaging system. This message only appears when interacted with. Any spam that would normally be purple in color is changed to red instead.


Niall types out a response, and hides it under an ad for "Biz-Zee", an unregulated pharmaceutical intended to give increased energy and supposedly enhance sexual performance.

Acknowledged. BTW, the waitress seems genuine, but not my type. One of you should maybe apply some charm on your own behalf. Her name is Jensen De Sol, Grymdin Telecomm ID Phoenix_01. Good luck.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Halko » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 83

Halko/Torren eats his meal along side his teammates, going along with those that are playing up the Kassan image. This might not be too bad. Especially if we never come out and say we are Kassan. If we get called out on it we can always deny it and make up something else.

When he's done with his meal and it looks like Ryden and Niall are ready to leave, Halko will stand up behind his chair as he waits. When he receives the texts from Ryden, Cairo and Niall he will respond, index finger poking away at the small screen after he inserts an add for a nutrient paste company.

This is spiffy Samil. I'm sure will put it to good use.

Noran, I've got no special requests on my end. One of us will let you know when we're done and headed back.

Vanko, I don't think she'll be up for a switcheroo. Most girls don't like the thought of being passed around. But she may prove to be a good contact. Servers hear lots of different stuff. You sure you can't step up and take one for the team?


Taking his que to leave from Ryden and Niall, Halko says, "So where are we headed to first guys? TGE Emporium or Mercenary Commons? Either way, I'll follow your lead. Just let me know if you've got a plan of some type."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Social Street

Postby Ryden » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:34 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 7

Ryden shoots back a text to Niall before getting up. Negative. She's your contact. Instead of saying you're not interested in her, tell her you've got a mining colony administrator who's captured your heart. Give her the name of one of your exes you like and use that real person to fill in the blanks around the fiction of this administrator chick. Be her friend even if you can't be her lover. By keeping talking to her, you keep the hope alive she can get with you. With hope alive, she's a valuable source of intelligence. And hopefully you never have to tell her precisely how you feel. An ad for a flower vendor on Social street is inserted over the message in a bit of playfulness by the genius.

"Lets head to TGE first. I want to check a few prices and see a few things. Then we'll head to the Merc commons and meet up with the other folks. Hey Aldric, you want to go check on Soria? I left her watch and other gear in my room and put a note under her door to go looking for it." He glances back at Halko. "Besides, you're the adult in this expedition. Vanko and I are kids in a candy store. That's why we brought along an adult to chaperone us!" He grins at Halko and gets up.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:38 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 46, 1415


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider

The group stands as one as Niall pays for their meal.

Aldric/Rosseyn and Noran/Cairo note their destination to the others (Weapon Masters Unlimited), and head off for their destination.

Vanko/Niall, Samil/Ryden, and Torren/Halko indicate that they're heading for TGE and depart. (Make sure to post your arrivals.)


What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
    Ro's Status: Mobile

Identities:
  • Aldric/Rosseyn
  • Noran/Cairo
  • Samil/Ryden
  • Soria/Gilina
  • Torren/Halko
  • Vanko/Niall
    Ro's ID: Unestablished
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Social Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2200


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider
Image

When Cairo and any other team member arrive at the restaurant, they proceed to make their way to the second floor. Filing past employees and patrons at the same time as keeping an eye out for Rolyn. As the Arismal reaches the top of the stairs an unknown figure lurches from around the corner and shoves a pistol into Cairo’s back. Leaning in and speaking in a low tone, while keeping the muzzle securely jammed into the spine.”No sudden movements and keep moving and head towards the back VIP room on the left. Motioning them to pick up the pace, the assailant ushers them into the back room. The bit of commotion draws the attention of some wandering eyes.”Act casual, smile and wave.”

As the door closes, the assailant steps forward to reveal himself. To Cairo’s surprise the assailant is his cousin, Rolyn. As Rolyn holsters his fire arm. A stern look comes across his face as he looks up at Cairo.”For give the deception but as you know times are hard right now. Cairo! If you ever call me “Rolly” again, I’ll shoot you without hesitation. Now, let me introduce you to Wanda Coxand. She’s the diplomat I’ve been assigned to. I’ll let her do the speaking.” With his last words, a female steps from behind some curtains and approaches the group. There is nothing too obvious about her as to giving away where her areas of expertise are. Pushing her hair out of her face, she give the group alluring smile. ”Good evening, gentlemen. As Rolyn has said my name is Wanda Coxand. I am sure you have a lot of questions right about now. Let us get those out of the way so we can focus more on the situation at hand. Take a seat and we can begin.” Holding out her hand and gesturing to the table and chairs placed in the room.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 am

OOC: Re-adjusting CJ to his previously injured state based on Timestamp

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 87
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Cairo goes along with the flow/ruse until they get to the VIP room and Rolly issues his 'threat' drawing a bemused grin as he muses, Rolly probably wasn't totally sure it was me, it has been 6 months and I couldn't summon flight discs or lift multiple tons back then, hell I am probably 30lbs heavier than when he last saw me. Time to drop some proof positive knowledge, "You might have been too drunk to remember but you shot me twice during your damn bachelor party without breaking the skin, and I have already been shot plenty by larger things than that tonight hehehe ..."

CJ looks over Rolly and Wanda for several moments as she makes her presence known, including shifting his view first to the Infrared and then to the Radio spectrum to check for odd heat signatures or radio transmissions around the room.

Lore: Alien [80%]: 1d100 = 65
OOC: Is Wanda an Arismal? Is she wearing or does she have Goggles, any obvious armament?

He declines a seat and, if Wanda is an Arismal, leans casually against a wall as he begins to ask questions, "How long have you been on Grymdin? How did you get here? Where is your ship? Are you in touch with any others from Home?"


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 161/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:03 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 76

As they arrive and are taken at gunpoint, Niall flashes back to his recent abduction experience with Zed, and worst-case scenarios rush through his mind.

”No sudden movements and keep moving and head towards the back VIP room on the left. Act casual, smile and wave.”


Niall swallows his heart and proceeds with the others, looking for exits. We're gonna have to fight our way out of this... why didn't I think this could be a trap!! This was too good to be true!!

When they reach the back room and the assailant reveals himself, Niall looks at Cairo in confusion.

Cairo wrote:"You might have been too drunk to remember but you shot me twice during your damn bachelor party without breaking the skin, and I have already been shot plenty by larger things than that tonight hehehe ..."


Niall looks back from Cairo to Royln, and back to Cairo. "Umm... in the future... if you're meeting folks who have a history of drawing weapons on you? Tell. Your. Squad." Niall breathes a sigh of relief and tries to calm himself out of 'fight or flight' mode.

Wanda Coxand wrote:”Good evening, gentlemen. As Rolyn has said my name is Wanda Coxand. I am sure you have a lot of questions right about now. Let us get those out of the way so we can focus more on the situation at hand. Take a seat and we can begin.”


Coxand? "Please to meet you Ms. Coxand. Any relation to Patry Coxand - just fought in the Hippodrome?" Not exactly subtle, Niall, but, what the hell, let's get it out in the open. There was a rumor Patry was a Silison... could she be one too?

Lore: Alien ☞ 65% 1d100 = 93 (Silison - FAIL)
Lore: Alien ☞ 65% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 70% 1d100 = 93 (Silison allegiances & military strengths/weaknesses - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 70% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

Niall takes the proffered seat, letting Cairo do the driving, as this is his cousin's job.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 87
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 97


CJ offers a conciliatory shrug in response to Niall's fair rebuke, "Ok, I suppose that is not too unreasonable of a request. That said 1 time isn't so much a pattern ... It's you-know, a story you tell, like the time when we went and snuck down to the All-Girls school after dark, or when he stole his father's Landspeeder when he was 12 ... good times, good times. He was more fun before he got married though." Cairo winks at Rolly as he continues to try for the amiable generic stories to try and break the ice until folks are settled.

He looks Rolly over with a bit of concern, Come on cousin, what's going on? Did you snap? Were you broken, or brainwashed, or Mindfrakked or something? Speak up ...


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 161/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350

OOC: Being tightlipped is 1 thing, but it's not that reasonable that CJ essentially knows nothing about his cousin except what he looks like. I may not know his individual Stats, but back on Arismal, CJ's PS was only 19. Was Roly Smarter/bigger(CJ's only 5'10")/stronger/Faster? I might not know all my RL Cousin's skills, but I know which ones are attorneys, which ones are mechanics, and which are Pharmacists ... Is Rolyn a Doctor? a Marine? A Communications Tech? ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Captain Cardea » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2205


Location: The Marquessa and the Spider

As the group introduces themselves, the Arismal look over their newly founded friends. At first chance, nothing looked too out of the ordinary. Taking a closer look, they can see the Wanda is not an Arismal but a Klikita and a good looking one at that. Rolyn is standing off the side. His stoic and grizzled demeanor radiate outward like heat from a fire. He tries to blend into the background as Wanda talks but at the same time making his presence known.

Cairo wrote: "How long have you been on Grymdin? How did you get here? Where is your ship? Are you in touch with any others from Home?"


”Before we arrived here on Grymdin, we were in route to rendezvous with a group of civilians. Before we could make contact, we lost communication with them. The odd thing is, too, no one seems to have any recollection of any Arismal in need of help. So, Rolyn had convinced me to go underground and then we made our way here.” At this point Wanda has sat down at one end of the table. Legs crossed as she leans back using her arms to support her weight. ”Other than that and you guys, I have not made any other contact with any other Arismal.”

Niall wrote:"Please to meet you Ms. Coxand. Any relation to Patry Coxand - just fought in the Hippodrome?"


As Niall gets a chance to ask his question, Wanda turns her attention to him and starts to swing her legs in a friendly manner. Giving him a big smile and throws in a slight head tilt. Making it known that she comfortable and at ease. "[garbled] I don’t watch too much of that stuff. A little too violent for my tastes.” Rolyn stats to walk at a low pace from the door to opposing wall. The whole time having one hand on his sidearm and one eye on Wanda, ready to react at the first sign of trouble. Wanda glances at Halko a time or two, pausing to allow him to ask a question if he wants to. ”What brings you guys here? Have you had any contact with the fleet or know what happened?”

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Social Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm

OOC: Assuming that the Restaurant and room are not significantly colder than the Hotel rooms, or that if the room we entered was ~40 degrees it would have been mentioned.

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 35
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86

A mask drops over CJ's face as he regards Wanda the 'Klikita' and he tries to recall more about the alien and her icy homeworld:
Lore: Alien -- 80%: 1d100 = 55 -- Is CJ aware that some Klikita are instilled with super abilities (i.e. might not be troubled by the overwhelming and oppresive heat of a normal restaurant)?
Intelligence -- 53%: 1d100 = 14


Most actual Ice-world dwellers would be ridiculously hot in a place like this. They use those insulated suits to keep from overheating, same as the ones who are from Thermal worlds use them to keep from finding this place ungodly-cold. She's wearing an outfit that would let us check for birthmarks, and answered basically none of my questions, and he's letting her. Is he under her control somehow? Would I be better off knocking his ass out and dragging him back to the Fleet? They can get his head back in order and he can give them whatever info he has gathered while deployed. We could leave her here. Don't have to kill her necessarily, but they hauled us here and do not want to be up front. We've been here 2 days, 10 days, 30 days. We've got a ship, we do not have a ship, we escaped from being held by slaver pirates just like you Cairo. Something better than pretending I did not ask the highly relevant questions really is in order.

Merging to his communicator, CJ reluctantly sends an encrypted message within the Squad,
Encrypted wrote:It seems crazy but we might need to knock Rolly out and drop him in Stasis on the Ship?? He may well be mindfrakked if he won't respond to us. Wish they had a good ship with a Jump Drive. If they had more cargo capacity we could haul back a good amount more.


Cairo places his left hand on the energy club at his hip as Rolly moves across the room all angry-like, "I'm no Spook, but it seems to me like you are acting pretty damn shifty. Having Rolly contact us out of the blue, then him refusing to fragging speak with us beyond a petulant pistol-waving routine? Hey >>waves at his 'cousin'<< pay some damn attention man, this just feels like a shapeshifting impersonation thing gone wrong, or a poorly contrived ruse. >>looks back at Wanda<< If he was the one to convince You of something, he should have something to say about why, and he certainly is not acting normally. Is he as crappy at hiding out on Grymdin as he is at acting normally? Is someone already after you guys? Being nervous about the location does not make alot of sense, we had a perfectly safe location for a conversation, but you hauled us here at 'gunpoint' which is not really a low-profile procedure Rolly, just a tip. You were what, on your way to help some Civilians? On your way from where? How were you two supposed to be able to render assistance? And what, you were hoping we are in contact with your lost civilian fleet?"

Come on come on come on. Have a frakking ship full of food, and a crate of magic weapons hehehe.


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 163/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Social Street

Postby Niall » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:06 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 58 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 94

Wanda wrote:”Before we arrived here on Grymdin, we were in route to rendezvous with a group of civilians. Before we could make contact, we lost communication with them. The odd thing is, too, no one seems to have any recollection of any Arismal in need of help. So, Rolyn had convinced me to go underground and then we made our way here. Other than that and you guys, I have not made any other contact with any other Arismal.”


Well, Wanda obviously knows we're Arismal...I hope she and Rolyn haven't blown our cover.

Wanda wrote:"[garbled] I don’t watch too much of that stuff. A little too violent for my tastes.”


"Klikita?" Niall interprets the garbled words. I thought they were Silison... well... there goes THAT theory.

Lore: Alien ☞ 65% 1d100 = 55 (Klikita - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 70% 1d100 = 92 (Klikita allegiances & military strengths/weaknesses - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 70% 1d100 = 46 (SUCCESS)

Cairo wrote:"I'm no Spook, but it seems to me like you are acting pretty damn shifty. Having Rolly contact us out of the blue, then him refusing to fragging speak with us beyond a petulant pistol-waving routine? Hey... pay some damn attention man, this just feels like a shapeshifting impersonation thing gone wrong, or a poorly contrived ruse. If he was the one to convince You of something, he should have something to say about why, and he certainly is not acting normally. Is he as crappy at hiding out on Grymdin as he is at acting normally? Is someone already after you guys? Being nervous about the location does not make alot of sense, we had a perfectly safe location for a conversation, but you hauled us here at 'gunpoint' which is not really a low-profile procedure Rolly, just a tip. You were what, on your way to help some Civilians? On your way from where? How were you two supposed to be able to render assistance? And what, you were hoping we are in contact with your lost civilian fleet?"


Niall watches Cairo's response to this new information with interest. "Okay, let's everyone calm down." He steps forward to stand sort-of-in-between Cairo and his cousin. "Maybe this is... some kind of family distrust thing - and believe me, I'm familiar with that - but before we start trading accusations we need more to go on."

I really think we need to bring Rolyn back in to the Fleet - and maybe this Wanda too - but that may be too much to hope for. And who knows if this Wanda is a friend or if she's playing Rolyn like Cairo thinks?

He turns to Wanda. "I'm sorry... I don't understand your interest in the Arismal. Is it official or personal?" Or military - like an interest in our jump drives, perhaps? "I'm sure you understand that the location of any Arismal fleet would be need-to-know only - even if we had that intel we would be foolish to go sharing it, with our enemies everywhere."

"Are you here as an offical representative of the Klikita? If so... that changes the math."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Next

Return to Hykri Entertainment District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest