Spacer Street

The Novoo is where people come from all around to get their hands on TGE products, contract shipping and warehousing interests, and dodge sanitation scows en route to clean up Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm

(rolls held)
Gilina wrote:"But I do know it's custom. And the more custom it is, the more precious it is. And with a rig like that, I am pretty sure you had a hand in modding it well past spec. So you are the engineer, and I'm the weekend mechanic."

Ryden's face softens a little. "I know, I know. Sorry. It's just there aren't any more like this. You know the head of operations cybersecurity once got a look at this rig freaked because of how rare it was. And that was before. Now... But yeah, if it's taking too long I'll let you know." He of course is referring to the head of ADP on their carrier, but the slight subterfuge was still necessary.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13

JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 4

As the team portals back to their usual hotel, Niall makes sure to grab the ring out of the sink, if no one else has. He absent-mindedly drops it into his pocket.

Cairo wrote:"Vanko [Niall]? Torren [Halko]? ... Maybe you can drop a line down to the Front Desk. If the next room on our floor is available, or they can do a rollaway-bed ... maybe we can get one for a couple nights for Jujak ..."


Niall nods. "On it."

Niall picks up the in-room communicator/phone and dials up the front desk.

When they answer, he asks, "Hello, this is room [XXXX]. We're wondering if the next room on our floor is also available? If not, we'd like to have a rollaway bed sent up, please."

Niall covers the phone's receiver when Ryden starts cursing. "Never mind that... someone used his toothpaste."

As Ryden and Jill start talking about his rig needing repairs, and Jujak starts singing loudly in the swoer, Niall tries to wrap up business with the front desk. He tries to arrange a room for the next couple of days, or failing that, a rollaway bed. He attempts to use his knowledge of hotel business practices to negotiate the room at a lower rate.

Business and Finance ☞ 65% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

"And hey, since we're actively bringing you more customers, any chance we can get a break on that room rate?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 62


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

CJ offers a querying thumbs up/down to Niall while he's on the phone. Then, once Jujak is clearly singing in the shower/other room CJ gives Nova's room a visual scan for radio waves that would suggest a bug/transmitter. Barring any such devices or Nova indicating he senses some camera/radio/etc., the Pilot turns back to the others, "M'kay Aldric [Nova] we have the line on a couple cash-jobs, but don't forget we also we need to run down whoever of the Ignobles who run Grymdin has the authority to make a trade deal and arrange a meeting with the Fleet's bigwigs. There is an Ambassadorial Center in Grymdin's Central Core that might let us even chat with a couple different planets if we wanted to try. Second, we need to confirm the Compulsion as Zed's ship, or not. We can go low-tech with a simple ploy like sending someone down to pay up a couple days docking fees on the ship (since they're only 100 per day), and if we specifically tell the Assessor/Agent a Nithian named Zed wanted 3 days more paid on his ship, that might be the simplest way to get a confirmation ... Maybe even try a fake delivery with a couple of these weapon crates. Alternatively, we can go High-Tech and do a tandem-cyberjacking RES Dive like Brainiac has proposed, to gain access to DRO video feeds ... maybe get access to a whole bunch more ... Really, both have their risks, but if we can get hold of his ship we gain, and he loses. Not sure if you'd really like to split us up again, but if you want to keep Jujak the Rockstar back there out-of-the-loop on the Fleet and Admiralty, then it might be the only way to go ... Maybe 4 to handle the Cash/Retrieval job and call that the Primary Job, and 3 to chase leads on a meeting Aldric's Side-gig?? ... Last, Torren [Halko] suggested we prep a location to throw down with Zed, or you might wanna start leaving Anchor-points around Grymdin till this job's over, specifically like Skyff's List over in the Mecenary Commons, and that Kassan place we ate at before , or hell a Hostpital's on the list over in the Core ... that seems like a very good idea to me in case we find the need again."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 11 | 1d100 = 87

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Cairo wrote:He turns to respond to Jill, "We haven't been anywhere I know of that carries FTL drive parts ... Scratch that, TGE probably has them, but I have no idea how much. Maybe check their online catalog and price things out?"


"You know, that's a good idea. TGE did have everything there!" She goes over to a computer console and starts to pull up the computerized directory of items TGE has to offer. She types into the filter and starts to narrow down the hardware results. I hope I can find these parts cheap enough that we can purchase two each. With these modifications, the fleet could potentially use them on all their ships...

Research -- 5d100:
25, 98, 62, 41, 20
/74%
Computer Operation -- 5d100:
25, 94, 53, 27, 2
/ 84%
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 58

CJ wrote:"No Torren [Halko], it was on Grymdin. We don't know what's being retrieved or why the DRO doesn't send in it's own strike team ... but it is here."


Halko curses himself, Stupid freaking error...Oh well, after that fight with Zed its already to late to look infallible to Ro.

Halko follows along as Nova pulls himself together and opens a portal out of the blood splattered room and back to their regular rooms. Hehe, this place looks like a crime scene. Quickly he hurries around the cheap room and gathers up all the towels and sheets. Then he scrubs at the cheap tile floor getting up whatever was left after the last attempt to clean up was made. then walks over to the recycler and shoves the paper linens into them so the stations systems can make a new set and get rid of the evidence.

On the other side of the portal, Halko hangs out with the others as he waits for his turn in the shower.

Cairo wrote:"Vanko [Niall]? Torren [Halko]? ... Maybe you can drop a line down to the Front Desk. If the next room on our floor is available, or they can do a rollaway-bed ... maybe we can get one for a couple nights for Jujak ..."


Halko is about to call when Niall beats him too it. Fine by me. Let the Officer work for a living. After his shower, he hangs up the suit he's been wearing for much too long and puts his civies back on.

Looking over to Gillina, Halko says, "If everything checks out and you need a ride-a-long to pick up your supplies. I don't know much about all that but I can at least carry some of it. Or..." He looks over to CJ, "...we can work on his list first."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 23 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 83
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.



Gilina wrote:"You know, that's a good idea. TGE did have everything there!" She goes over to a computer console and starts to pull up the computerized directory of items TGE has to offer. She types into the filter and starts to narrow down the hardware results. I hope I can find these parts cheap enough that we can purchase two each. With these modifications, the fleet could potentially use them on all their ships...


"TGE? I was there recently... they suck and their prices are criminal!" Ro pops out of the bathroom after his shower, fresh and clean, with a fresh pair of underwear, and a change of clothes, he's feeling much better. He approaches Jill,

"I must apologize, I haven't properly introduced myself." Ro says as he smiles through his scarf. "Ro, Ro Shambo."
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0830


Niall wrote:"Hello, this is room [XXXX]. We're wondering if the next room on our floor is also available? If not, we'd like to have a rollaway bed sent up, please. And hey, since we're actively bringing you more customers, any chance we can get a break on that room rate?"

The concierge notifies Niall that they have no such beds, then the day shift manager comes on the line. "Sir, you're not bringing us more customers, you're just packing the room more fully and asking for additional services to compensate. That's quite the opposite effect of what's being implied. If your new acquaintance requires an additional room, we'd be happy to satisfy that requirement. Good day." The manager's tone remains cordial and accommodating throughout his rebuke, but his language is clear: get another room, you bums.

Gilina wrote:She goes over to a computer console and starts to pull up the computerized directory of items TGE has to offer. She types into the filter and starts to narrow down the hardware results.

After some time filtering down lists, she finds that TGE does not keep parts in stock, but the local outlet is happy to order them. Wait times, however, are usually in excess of a month, and rather expensive, but of high quality.

Looking into this problem further, she finds spare parts for FTL vessels are consistently in demand, but limited in supply. A well-backed entrepreneur could possibly make a killing in this market with those kinds of products. As it stands, The Gateway is where nearly half of all such provision occurs as spacers buy, sell, and engage in horse-trading among themselves to this end. The other alternatives are the random variety of The Fresh, and checking out Souq Street where there's a sort of "parts souq" comprising a whole cul-de-saq of various junk yard facings and warehouses with attached storefronts.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:34 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4

JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 85

concierge wrote:"Sir, you're not bringing us more customers, you're just packing the room more fully and asking for additional services to compensate. That's quite the opposite effect of what's being implied. If your new acquaintance requires an additional room, we'd be happy to satisfy that requirement. Good day."


Niall stares at the phone, nonplussed. What the frak?

Niall clears his throat. "Perhaps you misheard me. Let me be more direct: Another person is joining our group, and we would like to rent another room if it is available." He pauses a moment for the comment to sink in, before adding, "Failing that, and only failing that, we will need a rollaway bed sent up."

After another pause, he adds, perfunctorily, "Please and thank you."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 (+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 57

Cairo wrote:"Sit-rep is the same I just gave a few moments ago."

"Moments ago, I was trying to sleep off getting shot. I may be powerful, but I'm not omniscient."

Cairo wrote:Whenever he's private (i.e. Jujak's in the shower) Cairo turns to Nova, "We've been out a while. You techno-sense any new ears in this room? ... "

Nova focuses on his Mechanical Awareness, checking for any bugs in the room. Barring him finding anything, he'll reply "All clear."

Nova listens to Cairo spell out the current situation and then does some mental organization. Fighting tournament...Trade deal...Zed's ship...

Niall wrote:"Hello, this is room [XXXX]. We're wondering if the next room on our floor is also available? If not, we'd like to have a rollaway bed sent up, please."

Nova gives the sign for cancel by waving his fingers across his throat. "We'll save money by putting him in my room. We're just hemorrhaging at the moment."

He focuses back on Cairo and the plan. "OK, here's what we're going to do. Torren [Halko], you get signed up for that fighting tourney. I would also send Noran [Cairo] but no use in the both of you having to fight each other in the end." He gets up and talks toward Cairo but in front of the bathroom door so Ryden can hear him through the shower. "Samil [Ryden], you're going to do the research, as soon as you're done with that shower, to find out who those key players are. You know, the ones this entire thing is for? You let us know when that's done and I send you and Vanko [Niall] to meet with them. With us as backup of course. While this is happening, I'm going to take a quick trip around this place and set some gateways. I've gotten quite good at marking those. Next, Torren, Noran, Ro and myself will take this DRO job. The four of us should be sufficient to recover whatever item they need. At the same time, Vanko and Soria are going to head to the dock and attempt to pay some fees. If that doesn't work, we'll have Samil do his thing. Solid ideas all around folks. Oh, and Sammy... any theories about why we all just sprouted powers at the same time?"


Goals wrote:Trade deal for food for the fleet – Brainiac
Fighting tournament to raise some of the money we've spent – Backlash
DRO Job – Fang, Ro, Backlash, Nova
Prep location to fight Zed – Nova
Locate/confirm Zed's ship OR gain control of his ship – Crash and Jill (maybe Brainiac)


Plan wrote:
  • 1. Backlash signs up for tournament scheduled in two days.
  • 2. Brainiac does research on exactly who we should be talking to in order to make a deal for resources. Or, as the mission states “Acquire intel about key players” in order to “make a short-term food trade deal” and then “set up a future meeting with A.D.F. Leadership”
  • :arrow: Once that information is found, Brainiac and Crash schedule and attend meeting to make initial deal.
  • 3. Nova takes a quick trip around Grymdin to mark locations for gateways.
  • 4. Backlash, Fang, Nova and Ro take the DRO job.
  • 5. Crash and Jill head to confirm the Compulsion as Zed's ship.
  • :arrow: Method 1: Pay docking fees for Zed's ship and get a receipt
  • :arrow: Method 2: Brainiac RES dive
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 19

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

Xanreys listens as Nova outlines a plan, **Ok, on the DRO 'Retrieval' team, that's good. Wasn't feeling like any politicking. Wonder what SSS is hoping to get back ... and is this going to be a stealth retrieval, or a brazen smash & grab type thing?**

He coughs at the close, "My understanding is that a few fighting "Houses" dominate the games with their field of trained and sponsored combatants. Unsponsored free-agent fighters like us are often only plentiful at the beginning of the fight season when a simple 1,000 credit fee is required to participate and be included in the initial rankings. The beginning games are always grand melees with a bunch of fighters in each arena. It's not a 1-on-1 bracket situation ... Send Torren [Halko] in alone, he's likely to face team-ups immediately. The entry fee is cheap enough that it might be good to have me in as well, since regular armor is prohibited, but I have the Natural armor [AR], and a shadow-cloak besides ... " CJ will accept either decision, but want's to be clear that sending Halko alone could be a very dangerous way to save 1000 credits ...

**Gah, I wonder if a fighter can 'claim' weapons off fallen opponents. If someone entered with a weapon capable of getting me Zed-boots I might go frakking head-hunting ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 50

Rosseyn wrote:"OK, here's what we're going to do. Torren [Halko], you get signed up for that fighting tourney. I would also send Noran [Cairo] but no use in the both of you having to fight each other in the end." He gets up and talks toward Cairo but in front of the bathroom door so Ryden can hear him through the shower. "Samil [Ryden], you're going to do the research, as soon as you're done with that shower, to find out who those key players are. You know, the ones this entire thing is for? You let us know when that's done and I send you and Vanko [Niall] to meet with them. With us as backup of course. While this is happening, I'm going to take a quick trip around this place and set some gateways. I've gotten quite good at marking those. Next, Torren, Noran, Ro and myself will take this DRO job. The four of us should be sufficient to recover whatever item they need. At the same time, Vanko and Soria are going to head to the dock and attempt to pay some fees. If that doesn't work, we'll have Samil do his thing. Solid ideas all around folks. Oh, and Sammy... any theories about why we all just sprouted powers at the same time?"


"You're all genetic freaks." Ryden mutters to himself, but he gives it a moment's honest thought. And he finds his backhanded insult actually has some merit. "Give me a moment." he calls out more loudly.

He exists and dries, dressing in his underclothes and some pants. "If I had to guess, sans any actual laboratory evidence or expert testimony, I'd say we're in survival mode, as a species. No telling what energies were unleashed by the destruction of our homeworld. Beyond that we are all aware to an existential nature that we are it. We never really, and I mean really, deciphered why we had such genetic diversity to begin with. I mean from an evolutionary point of view, there was a reason for our power development. Part of that was how rough prehistoric and even historic times were. But after a while we sort of solidified into what we were. I mean even mundanes had to have a specific function in the survival of the species. I mean think about, B-man's people are majority mundane or low tier and procreate like vermin, physiologically speaking." It's clear he is holding no negative connotation to the terminology. In fact he sounds more and more intrigued. "Perhaps without the additional baggage of the rest of our diversity, they provide a potential baseline for others of our species to then build upon. But as for us, we're out here on the frontier of our society pathfinding. I'd have to check databases, but I think it was our earliest scouts and warriors who developed powers first. Perhaps it's simply our genetic code doing what it does, pushing us to succeed by any means necessary."

He stretches back and grabs his computer to start the tear down process. "It's as good a theory as any. I'd discuss it with Doc Links before I put any weight behind it though."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:52 am

(Rolls held over)

As Fang explains the Hippodrome more extensively, Nova begins to understand the layout of the fights more and changes his plan. "You're right. That would be unfair. Sign yourself up with him. I have faith that the two of you can get through whatever they throw at you."

Later, when Brainiac gives his theory of what happened to them, Nova listens with intent. "Well, if it is survival mode, I hope it works. That's a damn good theory, my friend."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 19


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

CJ nods at the adjustment, "Ok then. Hopefully we can knock out the Retrieval Job in advance so we have plenty of cash for betting on a couple unknown, unranked fighters hehehe ..." **2 days until the fights. I'll want to check to see how many are typically allowed in a single Grand-Melee, what the policies are on weapons dropped by a contestant. I get the feeling these don't have to be deathmatches, knockout or incapacity should be enough. If the fight-promoting Houses killed off the vast majority of the incoming folks, then talent would be at a serious premium. Because the only people who would have survived the prior tourneys are the single-victors. Need to go back and check recordings of the last 4 maybe 5 seasons. See if folks from the fight-promoting Houses are overt in teaming up against the free agents, or if they just avoid fighting each other until the field is narrowed ...**

He will get a shower in and change into clean jeans/t-shirt when the shower is available, then links up with his Hacking PC to access the GT Network, and run initial web searches for Video so that he can evaluate the tactics typically employed until Nova, Halko, and Jujak are ready to head out to check out the SSS Job.

Research [65%]: 1d100 = 7 -- Look into video clips from last 2-3 seasons re: Initial Round Fatalities, Rules re Weapons of Fallen, Knockout/Incapacity Rules, Dominant Fight Houses, common Fight-House-Tactics
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:47 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 32 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 100
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ro pulls a half-eaten sandwich from somewhere and takes a bite. The sandwich is clearly past it's Best Before date but Ro remains oblivious for several more bites and indeed the entirety of the snack. Still crunchy! ...something is.

"Just say the word gents, anytime."
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 65

Halko listens as the recovered Nova gives an actual plan. This is good. Clear and definitive orders and a plan to move on our ultimate goal. Yesterday started off as location recon and turned into a train wreck. He gives the squad leader a crisp, "Yes Sir." as he's ordered to sign up for the fights.

When Cairo steps in and gives Nova more info in regard to the arena and in doing so gets himself nominated to join him, Halko turns and gives Fang a nod, "Thanks brother. Its good to know someone will have my back. It's also good to know the last person I'm gonna beat." He gives the officer a crooked grin as he starts the competitive banter.

After a few more minutes of planning goes by, Halko swings his satchel around and says, "Speaking of Zed, I um retrieved... some flash grenades. With all the other crap going on I almost forgot about them." He looks to Cairo again as he uses creative or rather misleading working to explain where got the flash grenades. He opens up the satchel and pulls out another, empty, satchel then lays 12 flash grenade along one of the tables in the room. "Zed's a tank, but from what we saw on Chandrakant, we know he's still effected by these. I suggest we all carry one. Oh, and there's an extra satchel too."

Halko looks over at Nova waiting for a reprimand from the senior officer.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20

JIC: 1d20 = 20 (Nat. 20)
JIC: 1d100 = 76

As Niall reiterates his request to the Desk Clerk, he sees Nova's cancel gesture.

Nova wrote:"We'll save money by putting him in my room. We're just hemorrhaging at the moment."


Niall nods, and returns to his phone conversation. "Cancel that request. We'll let you know at another time if we require an additional room," he says, and hangs up.

Better you than me bunking with an alien, boss.

Nova wrote: "Samil [Ryden], you're going to do the research, as soon as you're done with that shower, to find out who those key players are. You know, the ones this entire thing is for? You let us know when that's done and I send you and Vanko [Niall] to meet with them. With us as backup of course. ... At the same time, Vanko and Soria are going to head to the dock and attempt to pay some fees. If that doesn't work, we'll have Samil do his thing.


Niall nods at his set of orders. Accompany Brainiac to meet with food and resources brokers. Accompany Soria to use docking fees to gain intel on Zed's ship.

Cairo wrote:"My understanding is that a few fighting "Houses" dominate the games with their field of trained and sponsored combatants. Unsponsored free-agent fighters like us are often only plentiful at the beginning of the fight season when a simple 1,000 credit fee is required to participate and be included in the initial rankings. The beginning games are always grand melees with a bunch of fighters in each arena. It's not a 1-on-1 bracket situation ... Send Torren [Halko] in alone, he's likely to face team-ups immediately. The entry fee is cheap enough that it might be good to have me in as well, since regular armor is prohibited, but I have the Natural armor [AR], and a shadow-cloak besides ... "


Niall adds, "See if they allow a... sort-of... 'corner man' to attend to fighters between bouts. If they do, that should be me. I can heal and use my power touch to give a boost... It'll last a while, like half an hour last I checked, but it might do some good."

(OOC: His Combat Touch power lasts 35 minutes at his level, and provides one of the following bonuses: +20 H.P. OR +40 S.D.C. OR 3 A.R. (max A.R. 17) OR +20 Spd. (max +100) OR +10’ to leaping distance and height-max +50’ per each 100 P.T.P. expended)

Ryden wrote:"If I had to guess, sans any actual laboratory evidence or expert testimony, I'd say we're in survival mode, as a species. No telling what energies were unleashed by the destruction of our homeworld. Beyond that we are all aware to an existential nature that we are it. We never really, and I mean really, deciphered why we had such genetic diversity to begin with. I mean from an evolutionary point of view, there was a reason for our power development. Part of that was how rough prehistoric and even historic times were. But after a while we sort of solidified into what we were. I mean even mundanes had to have a specific function in the survival of the species. I mean think about, B-man's people are majority mundane or low tier and procreate like vermin, physiologically speaking." It's clear he is holding no negative connotation to the terminology. In fact he sounds more and more intrigued. "Perhaps without the additional baggage of the rest of our diversity, they provide a potential baseline for others of our species to then build upon. But as for us, we're out here on the frontier of our society pathfinding. I'd have to check databases, but I think it was our earliest scouts and warriors who developed powers first. Perhaps it's simply our genetic code doing what it does, pushing us to succeed by any means necessary."


Niall nods at all of this. "That makes sense to me. I'm no biologist, but I know a little, and we're at an evolutionary bottleneck. I'd wager, if we had access to genealogical records, the powers we're exhibiting are ones expressed in our family lines before, and which have lain dormant in our genes. Other species have had, er, evolutionary bursts, before as well - like the one that led to flightless animals developing winged flight. Though those are usually much slower than what we're experiencing. Ryden's theory sounds right to me."

When Halko lays out the flash grenades, Niall instinctively scoops one up. Although... I think I was able to blind him with just my powers... Niall stares at the thing, a slight frown on his face. I'll carry it, and use it as a last ditch. If someone else ends up needing it, I'll hand it over then.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0830


Niall wrote:"Perhaps you misheard me. Let me be more direct: Another person is joining our group, and we would like to rent another room if it is available. Failing that, and only failing that, we will need a rollaway bed sent up. Please and thank you."

The manager hears both this and his follow-up comment, and makes the necessary arrangements to ensure Ro & Rosseyn enjoy their joint room in comfort.

CJ looks into the last two seasons regarding initial round fatalities, rules regarding weapons of the fallen, incapacitation, which are the dominant houses, and common arena tactics. He nets a huge list of both video commentary, and written content (primarily in Pillian) with embedded images and video clips (blog sites/posts). It will take him a few hours at least to parse through it all to net some useful insights. (If you want to do this, just me know via hangouts, so I can account for such in my next post.)

Rosseyn's Plan wrote:
  • 1. Backlash signs up for tournament scheduled in two days.
  • 2. Brainiac does research on exactly who we should be talking to in order to make a deal for resources. Or, as the mission states “Acquire intel about key players” in order to “make a short-term food trade deal” and then “set up a future meeting with A.D.F. Leadership”
  • Once that information is found, Brainiac and Crash schedule and attend meeting to make initial deal.
  • 3. Nova takes a quick trip around Grymdin to mark locations for gateways.
  • 4. Backlash, Fang, Nova and Ro take the DRO job.
  • 5. Crash and Jill head to confirm the Compulsion as Zed's ship.
  • Method 1: Pay docking fees for Zed's ship and get a receipt
  • Method 2: Brainiac RES dive


GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn/Ro
  • Gilina

Butcher's Bill
Cairo:
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall:
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./1 H.P.
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 19
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 89

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to PC

Xanreys' eyes absently scan as the monitor's images appear like a HUD Window in his vision, he reviews what he can about the 'Rules' in the Blooddome regarding fighter withdrawal, incapacity, and weapons-rights. [Literacy: Pilian [45%]:1d100 = 17].

The Pilot will save the rest of the listing of video commentary, and written content with embedded images and video clips (blog sites/posts) for later review, then un-merge to look around. Cairo offers a thumbs-up to Halko when the man lays out a dozen flash-grenades like a picnic feast, and the fellow grins as his hand snakes out to grab one (lobbing it into the air), then another, then a third, a fourth, and even a fifth(!!) as they begin to whirl semi-suspended in front of him, " ... outta practice, or, I'd try for a couple more ... and Aldric [Nova]'s smell is getting overripe so it's disturbing ..." but eventually the grenades drop back to the bed and he leaves with just 1 (attaching to his harness with his ammunition).

While the others designated for the SSS/Retrieval team are getting ready, CJ checks his weapons, **No rifle for me this time. 2 Maces, I'll shove them into the backpack so that the handles stick out, shoulder-holstered Pistol ... 2 knives. Should be good for most anything except Zed. Nova's got his Energy-form, and should be sporting a sidearm, but not an ADF model. Ro is plenty fast, should I stick a Shotgun on him? Maybe Halko should handle ... **

Before they leave, CJ will make sure to pass Nova a new 'clean' pistol (with 3 loaded magazines), and Halko a Shotgun (with 2 loaded magazines, 1 Slugs, 1 Hollow Point Slugs [+2d6])

Code: Select all
[b]Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/Galactic-Standard-Auto-Pistol_zpsahppkivn.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 200'
• Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst
• Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst
• Payload: 15 round magazine
• Weight: 2.8 lbs.
• Modifiers: none[/size]


Code: Select all
[b]Galactic Standard Shotgun[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/Galactic-Standard-Shotgun_zps1xpwghdx.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range:
• • Shot: 130'
• • Slug: 300'
• Damage:
• • Shot: 5D6 per blast, double for short bursts
• • Slug: 6D6+6 per blast, double for short bursts
• Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst
• Payload: 32 round box magazine (8 short bursts, each uses four rounds)
• Weight: 6 lbs.
• Modifiers: none[/size]


"These are different than the models you are used to from back home, but I checked them at purchase and they're in good repair. The Pistol loses some zing, but it's got double the range and near-double the rounds per clip over that hand-cannon you lug around Aldric [Varren]. The Shotgun's not a bad piece Torren [Halko] ... better range than your pistol, not as good as a rifle from back home. They pack a bunch of shells into one of these magazines, and even have burst fire, although it will eat through your ammo ... your call of course ..." Whenever folks are ready, CJ is too ... after one more muffin.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:01 am

The fights, as it turns out, are not required to be to the death. Competitors sometimes die, but most, especially those from the houses, will more often concede than put their lives on the line for a win...as the tourney reaches its final stages though, fatalities are more frequent. The specific rules in each fight, however, are highly varied. Some prohibit ranged weapons of any type, some prohibit melee weapons, some prohibit weapons altogether, some prohibit flight, or technology, truly the contests are as variable as the environments in which they take place.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 28

Halko takes the offered shotgun and loads the mag with the plain old slug shells. He just shrugs as the people more educated than him begin to make up theories as to why several of them have started expressing more powers. Nodding to Niall, Halko says, "At the very least you can sit on our bench and drag us off if something goes wrong. Though I'm thinking its likely best to tap out if it looks too bad."

Halko stands and checks the time, "If we're gonna try for that DRO job, we best get to it before some other team wakes up and gets the details." Halko furrows his brows as an idea passes through his head, I wonder if these merc jobs are open ended bounties with multiple teams trying to do the same job at the same time. Frak, that could turn into a cluster bomb quick. Hopefully, its a one to one contract.

Halko watches CJ juggle the grenades then grins, "Don't expect a tip for that. You'd make a lousy street performer...Okay guys, there's still nine flash grenades up for grabs...and the satchel if anyone wants it." Halko takes one of the grenades and puts it in the satchel he kept, along with the extra box mag for the shotgun. Then he glances over to Ro and grins, You may not know it but I'm the lowest man on the ladder aside from to you and now we wait for the officers to say go.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 57

Halko wrote:"Speaking of Zed, I um retrieved... some flash grenades."

Rosseyn's eyebrow cocks, but he doesn't question the Sergeant. "Anything to keep that bastard from nabbing one of us again." Rosseyn shoots a look at Niall when he says that. Looking back at the grenades, he scoops one up puts it with his gear.
Cairo wrote:"... and Aldric [Nova]'s smell is getting overripe so it's disturbing ..."

"Remind me to give you shit when you come back from the dead." Nova takes the pistol from him and stashes it with the grenade. "I'm gonna get cleaned up, and then we can get started. If you two..." Nova points to Backlash and Fang "...can get signed up for the tourney while I'm scrubbing, it'll save us some time." Nova looks at Ro Shambo. "You just look ready... Here, move whatever shit you need. You can get settled in while I get clean."

Nova heads to his bathroom and gets himself bathed, paying special attention to his recent wounds. Then he puts his contacts back in, his watch back on and his civilian clothes on again. Over the button up shirt he straps on his Battle Harness. Gotta keep the loadout with me. Hopefully this new pistol is as good as he says it is. Once he's all suited up, he puts on his sunglasses and checks in about the tournament registration. "You signed up yet?"

Rosseyn's Plan 2.0 wrote:
  • 1. Backlash and Fang sign up for tournament scheduled in two days.
  • 2. Brainiac does research on exactly who we should be talking to in order to make a deal for resources. Or, as the mission states “Acquire intel about key players” in order to “make a short-term food trade deal” and then “set up a future meeting with A.D.F. Leadership”
    • Once that information is found, Brainiac and Crash schedule and attend meeting to make initial deal.
    • Rest of SOG as backup.
  • 3. Nova takes a quick trip around Grymdin to mark locations for gateways.
  • 4. Backlash, Fang, Nova and Ro take the DRO job.
  • 5. Crash and Jill head to confirm the Compulsion as Zed's ship.
    • Method 1: Pay docking fees for Zed's ship and get a receipt
    • Method 2: Brainiac RES dive
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 18

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to PC

CJ chuckles at Nova as the guy heads off to shower and heads back to his own room to sign himself and Halko up for the upcoming Blooddome fights under their respective Kassan pseudonyms. If payment is required for completion, Cairo gets as far as he can then drops the PC onto Nova's nightstand for him to complete payment.

Computer Operations [125% [+25 Linked]]: 1d100 = 37
Literacy: Pilian [45%: 1d100 = 32] -- Sign up for Tournament

Once Nova has finished his undoubtedly extensive skin-care-regiment and dressed, CJ points at the PC, "Gotta pay the entrance fee. All yours. I admit I had been thinking about signing up the-night of, so that #1 no one knows we're participating, and #2, if one of our participants gets too injured to step into the ring we can sign someone else up without loss on the entrance fee. Your call though." He then follows along to [[ Soniua Security Services ]] (along whichever route that Nova chooses).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 25

Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 65%=1d100 = 80

Halko shrugs, leaving the grenades and the extra satchel on the bed then moves over and finds an empty chair to sit in or just leans against the wall. Turning to Ro, he says, "Looks like were gonna do this retrieval job together. Is there anything I need to know about you. Anything special for if you get hurt? You don't need some random mineral or gas to heal up do you? Special meds? Anything like that?" He jerks a thumb at Nova, "You saw our mess last night but if it comes to that, I think you're outta luck. We don't have any of your people around to give ya a refill if you need it."

Halko smiles and thinks, Frak, I hope today isn't anything like yesterday was. If it is, there's likely to be fewer of us around tomorrow.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:43 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12

JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 60

Halko wrote:"At the very least you can sit on our bench and drag us off if something goes wrong. Though I'm thinking its likely best to tap out if it looks too bad."


Niall nods. "Whatever it takes. I can heal pretty surreptitiously, I think. Depending on the lighting?"

Nova wrote:"Anything to keep that bastard from nabbing one of us again."


Niall notices Nova's pointed look at him. "By Altas I hope so."

Niall snags one more flash grenade, and slips it into his pocket. What we need is a workable plan to kill that frakking alien.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 18


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to PC

Since Nova seems otherwise occupied preening [OOC: He's in the Tracker again], CJ grabs the credit-card with the big-funds on it, and pays entrance fees [OOC: Anyone with GM Access Please Deduct 2k from Nova for Tournament Fees]. He then heads out to make contact on the Retrieval job at:

[[ Soniua Security Services ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 38

Once his computer is back together, and ready to go, Ryden dons it. As its familiar weight closes around him, he finds himself feeling better. With CJ gone to Nova's room, and everyone off in their own rooms, he finds himself alone in his. He wants to just curl up and sleep, but first things first. He grabs his tablet and pounds away at it, looking for some basic information first.

Find a wholesale TGE broker for the fleet reps to deal with directly. Research 105%/1d100 = 33 PASS!
Find a wholesale broker for Maga-Pastova. Research 105%/1d100 = 85 PASS!
Find which main family owns or is responsible for Maga-Pastova. Research 105%/1d100 = 57 PASS!
Find the offices for that family. The more restrictive, the better. Research 105%/1d100 = 15 PASS!
To find more information on the family in question, specifically who the movers and shakers are: Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 41 PASS!
Once he has a few names, he will write a message.

Inspire Trust: 55%/1d100 = 12 PASS! - to make them want to meet with me
Dear [Name],
I represent a concerned party that would like to negotiate access to certain access to certain food stuffs in a largish quantity unsuited for normal wholesale brokers. Further I am a gate keeper for further meetings of a lucrative nature. My employers would like to meet with you for future deals as well. I look forward to further contact as soon as possible. Please give me a time and date within the next 36 hours that I and a small team may meet with your representative in order to negotiate in kind. Attached is our DRO information.
Signed, Samil Breen


Frowning as he looks at it, he attaches the DRO info and sends it away, blind copying Soria and Niall. He also copies them on his information so far.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am

Wholesale TGE broker for the fleet reps to deal with directly:
  • Krikit Kink, Tagonician Head of Logistics, residence & offices at The Spire, Phili Residential Parish

Wholesale broker for Maga-Pastova:
  • Alton Lang, M-PVF Wholesale Distribution Executive, Gilded Gates HOA (address unlisted), POC: Bldg 1, Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms

Main family owns or is responsible for Maga-Pastova, Offices for that family, Information on the family in question, specifically who the movers and shakers are:
  • M-PVF is a family-owned business managed by the Maga-Pastova family. History: This was originally two families who were united a generation ago by the marriage of their respective leaders' children. Prior to this union, these were rivalrous family syndicates who were frequently at odds with one another, their rivalry often leading to costly and counter-productive bloodshed in Grymdin's somewhat chaotic past. Drexil Maga-Pastova is currently the CEO of M-PVF, and roughly a third of all executives under him are still members of the two families.

Dear Alton Lang,
I represent a concerned party that would like to negotiate access to certain access to certain food stuffs in a largish quantity unsuited for normal wholesale brokers. Further I am a gate keeper for further meetings of a lucrative nature. My employers would like to meet with you for future deals as well. I look forward to further contact as soon as possible. Please give me a time and date within the next 36 hours that I and a small team may meet with your representative in order to negotiate in kind. Attached is our DRO information.
Signed, Samil Breen
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 90

Halko grins as Cairo takes care of business and pays for their entry into the tournament. Then he forms up with the others going to check on the retrieval job with the DRO. Letting Cairo and Nova take the lead, he puts a hand on Ro's arm for a moment to hold him back a step, "Are you really all good with this? Signing on with us I mean."

Halko looks curiously at Ro as they make their way to Soniua Security Services, a little confused as to why and alien would sign up to take on all their troubles.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:32 am

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 29 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 75
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.


Ro looks around at everyone getting busy and realizing he has nothing to do starts checking his his new firearm. Looking busy, just looking busy...

"You just look ready... Here, move whatever shit you need. You can get settled in while I get clean."


Not sure what the bossman means exactly, Ro moves a thing for no real reason and then sits back looking as ready as he can.

"Looking ready, boss."
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 37

As Ryden runs his queries, Niall thinks, This could take some time. He's going to have to wait on a reply from our contact to set up the meeting. Might as well use this time to scope out the Compulsion.

He turns to Jill. "We should use this time to run our operation. If we come up empty we can come back and beg for a RES dive."

Niall straightens his suit and gets ready, and waits for Jill to do the same. Once they're ready, they head to the Portal.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 10 | 1d100 = 73

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Jill nods to Niall's comment. "Yes, your right, we should start our op as well." She looks at the gear she has, then holds up a finger. "Wait a minute, I just need to grab some items from my room." She quickly grabs some gear from her room, her knife and pistol. I guess I could get all picky and try and figure out what weapon I should bring. Maybe this one or maybe this one. If we need more than this, we shouldn't be there, and got in way over our head.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to go." She heads out the door with Niall, heading toward the portal.
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon May 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 39
Inspire Trust: 55%/1d100 = 91 - FAIL to put Mr. Kink at ease.

Armed with the information about TGE, Ryden fires off an email.
Hello Mr. Krikit Kink.
I represent a large private buyer who would like to negotiate with TGE in the near future for supplies, food, spare parts, raw materials, and medicine mostly. I was wondering what sort of large scale pricing scale can be worked out. Any purchases will be in tons of goods. Further, would you or an authorized representative be willing to meet off station? It can be a location of your choosing, to include a ship. If not a station meeting is acceptable as well. Attached is our DRO information. Thank you so much for the information.
Signed, Samil Breen


He then begins searching for anything he can find on Alton Lang. Specifically he looks for his relation to the larger family, if any, as well as any extra-family affiliations. Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 39 PASS

He then looks up more info on anyone found in the previous search. Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 30 PASS, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 7 PASS, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 4 Critical SUCCESS, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 17 PASS
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Mon May 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1000


Ryden fires off his email and, in mere seconds, receives two e-mails in reply. Both are automated e-mail replies which indicate that Mr. Lang and Mr. Kink are otherwise occupied but will be in contact with Ryden as soon as is appropriate.

He then gets down to some serious database mining. The firewalls protecting this kind of info are just shy of RES-level cryptographic encryption, and Ryden has to spend some serious time and effort massaging the security protocols before he's able to gain access to normally secure personal information.

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 1200


Eureka! Alton Lang has an expunged and sealed criminal record from a generation or so ago before the DROs made protection rackets customer-friendly and market-facing. The previous "authorities" from which the records were sourced was a regional fiefdom in the M'Bacia. The Xiao Clan which used to dominate that area of M'Bacia had established a judicial system of sorts, and had apprehended a young Alton Lang after some funds "went missing" from an internal account and a cyber-security audit had found his digital fingerprints all over the virtual scene. He never "saw the judge," but disappeared from confinement after an apparently unrelated altercation led to isolated structural damage which enabled his escape. Some years later, after the DROs had brought order and relative peace to the cityscape of Grymdin, he resurfaced all of a sudden in his current role as the M-PVF Wholesale Distribution Executive. His official records begin with a simple press release from Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms announcing, among other boring details and corporate propaganda, that he has been appointed by the director of the company to that position.

As Ryden is reading these details, he receives a return e-mail.

Mr. Breen,

Your prior communication got my attention, and I can assure you that M-PVF is interested. However, My duties have me detained during the timeframe you suggested. May I suggest we meet for an initial breaking of the proverbial ice over drinks at The Ceiling Club. I'll be there the opening night of the Hippodrome's grand melees. It's a fine establishment if you like placing bets, watching the contests, and relaxing. Be advised, the proprietors there enforce a strict "no weapons but ours" policy on the premises. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Regards,

Alton Lang
M-PVF Wholesale Distribution Executive
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 93

Arriving back at the hotel, Niall enters with Jill, and closes the door firmly before announcing to Ryden and Ro, "We just got confirmation that The Compulsion is Zed's ship." He fires off an encrypted message to the rest of the group as well, hidden behind a spam ad for starship fuel.

"Received confirmation Compulsion is Z's."

Momentarily vengeful, Niall thinks If we can get on board, maybe Jill or I can sabotage his FTL drive.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Ryden receives a notification that new information related to news and information recently searched is available. When he looks it up he finds an overview of the upcoming bout in which Halko and Cairo are to be involved. The article with the relevant information is heavy with hype and adjectives, but among among the verbosity is some valuable information.

The setting for the bout will be held in what's been dubbed the "Razorcrush Arena." No further details are given.

The names and profiles of the combatants are listed, but there's no information regarding their abilities.

Euger Leson
Image
Patry Coxand
Image
Fsheeme
Image
Giga
Image
G'Aric
Image
Budu Sh'Yeenen
Image
Phallou
Image
Kraekyo
Image
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 64

Niall sits down in the hotel room with Ryden and Soria. That certainly went better than I hoped. If Jill hadn't been there, I'd probably be warming a bunk in a jail cell now. I'm... not cut out for subterfuge. He looks over at Ryden, immersed in his searches. A wave of envy washes over him, briefly. And there's the man, hard at work. He smirks, holding back a feeling of genuine affection for his comrade. In his own world, where he's basically a god. I wonder what that's like... that feeling of confidence.

He turns to Jill.

"So... now that we know the Compulsion is Zed's, we can potentially make him pay. If we can get inside somehow, we can maybe sabotage his drives... ultimately, I might like to take the Compulsion back to the fleet, though, if the option presents itself. We'd have to scrub it first, in case it's got some kind of homing signal. But ultimately... we've got to get rid of that frakking alien."

He thinks about his next assignment, accompanying Ryden to meet with vendors, but also thinks about his offer to help with healing at the fights. As long as I don't have to be in two places at the same time.

He checks his suit, to make sure it still looks fine (specifically, that it hasn't got blood on it). He looks around the room to see if there's anything left to drink, and if so, he grabs one, as he waits for Ryden to come up for air.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 pm

(OOC: 7 days since my last post, so I'm gonna get one done despite talking to myself up in here. ;) )

(Rolls carried over)

Niall sits and thinks about Zed. He pulls out his datapad, and begins thinking about Nithians generally, as well. He tries to remember if he knows anything about Nithians with powers, and if Zed'spowerset, or something similar, is a documented feature of his species.

Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 51 (Nithians - SUCCESS)

Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 7 (Nithian powers? - SUCCESS)

He then consults his reference library again, on the off chance that, if such powers have been documented before in Nithians, or even in other races, that some weaknesses or vulnerabilities might be noted. "You know... Zed's kind of a badass... you'd think... if there were more like him, they'd be documented somewhere. Along with whatever finally killed them." I hope

Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 76 (Vulnerabilities inherent in Zed's observable powers? - FAIL)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Tue May 16, 2017 7:09 am

After due research and internal deliberation, Niall comes to some empirical conclusions. Other than the fact that no Nithian has ever demonstrated any capacity for psionics, there is no fixed set of innate powers held in common by all Nithians. Most Nithians are actually unremarkable in this respect. Nithians evolved within their planet's harsh atmosphere, so they can breathe foul air and their skin is thick, scaly and toughened to protect them. Their scales are tight and close fitting, with additional large scales on the neck, shoulders and back. Skin colors are various shades of yellow, tan and orange. Their heads are wide, with a large mouth filled with large, pointed teeth. The Nithians independently developed FTL drives and have only recently begun deep-space exploration. In their search for new knowledge and cultures, the Nithians began organizing study expeditions to a variety of moons, planetoids and planets. These expeditions are typically composed of scientists accompanied by a military escort. The escorts are soldiers with either bionic or robot augmentation or super abilities and are often the source of independent Nithians who have demonstrated either a certain wanderlust and curiosity, or else a rebellious and/or entrepreneurial and acquisitive streak.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Tue May 16, 2017 11:37 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4

JIC: 1d20 = 20 (Nat. 20!)
1d100 = 46

Niall peruses the materials his research has uncovered, and adds what he knows about Zed to what he's reading now. Speaking aloud (to Jill and Ryden, if they are listening) he recaps (OOC: info added to Zed's dossier):

"So... This is interesting. No Nithians have ever had any record of psionic abilities... so that might be an avenue of attack. Gas attacks aren't going to work, though... they come from a planet with a potentially toxic atmo. This is interesting, though... Not many Nithians out in space right now, and most are scientists or military... so I figure our boy served with the Nithian military at some point. Could potentially be another source of intel?"

I wonder where he met up with that Caja toad... And what's his deal? Might be something we can discover digging into his service record...

Niall thinks back to what he remembers of Zed, to try and determine if his clothes bore any military insignia or remnants of a military uniform that might indicate or give a hint of rank, unit, MOS, etc.

Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 20 (SUCCEED)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 63 (SUCCEED)
Military Etiquette ☞ 75% 1d100 = 10 (SUCCEED)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 60

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Niall wrote:"So... now that we know the Compulsion is Zed's, we can potentially make him pay. If we can get inside somehow, we can maybe sabotage his drives... ultimately, I might like to take the Compulsion back to the fleet, though, if the option presents itself. We'd have to scrub it first, in case it's got some kind of homing signal. But ultimately... we've got to get rid of that frakking alien."


Jill contemplates for a moment, "Yes, we could definitely sabotage the drive, make it explode on jump. That wouldn't take too much effort..." she starts to get into the technobabble. "Just by rerouting the enormous power containment and cycling it through... oh... You may want to bring it back to the fleet. I'd like to do that as well... we need to get inside either way. Can we portal in?"

Niall wrote: "You know... Zed's kind of a badass... you'd think... if there were more like him, they'd be documented somewhere. Along with whatever finally killed them."


Jill contemplates for a moment, "That's pretty good idea, I'll see if I can find out a bit more about the ship. Maybe it wasn't made by Zed, but a known manufacturer. If it's off the market, maybe we can find some sort of weakness of the ship."

Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 79 / 84%
Research -- 1d100 = 32 / 74%

Niall wrote:"So... This is interesting. No Nithians have ever had any record of psionic abilities... so that might be an avenue of attack. Gas attacks aren't going to work, though... they come from a planet with a potentially toxic atmo. This is interesting, though... Not many Nithians out in space right now, and most are scientists or military... so I figure our boy served with the Nithian military at some point. Could potentially be another source of intel?"


"I still haven't found something yet," she continues typing. "But that's interesting. He can't be affected by gas attacks, but do you think he can be affected by lack of atmosphere?" Most creatures aren't capable of breathing in space, well not without special circumstances...
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 am

(Rolls carried over)

Gillina wrote:Yes, we could definitely sabotage the drive, make it explode on jump. That wouldn't take too much effort... Just by rerouting the enormous power containment and cycling it through... oh... You may want to bring it back to the fleet. I'd like to do that as well... we need to get inside either way. Can we portal in?"


Niall nods. Whatever we end up doing with it is fine by me, as long as that frakking alien doesn't get to use it any more. I figure we can portal in if we can get Nova inside to set one up... Then we can portal in from our ship, copy his nav files, grab anything of value, sabotage his engines, or whatever." ...Put a turd in his pillow... Glue in his body wash... Replace his candies with laxatives... Disintegrate some of the bolts on his hull... Feed his targetting system bad data...

Niall smirks.

Gillina wrote:"That's pretty good idea, I'll see if I can find out a bit more about the ship. Maybe it wasn't made by Zed, but a known manufacturer. If it's off the market, maybe we can find some sort of weakness of the ship."


"Might be worth paying for a Felias network connection, to see where the ship's been docked recently." Niall cocks his head to the side, an odd thought occurring to him. "I wonder if we can file a grievance," he chuckles, "With Zed's DRO." I can see it now, invulnerable alien bounty hunter sidelined by bureaucracy.

Gillina wrote:"I still haven't found something yet, but that's interesting. He can't be affected by gas attacks, but do you think he can be affected by lack of atmosphere?"


Niall frowns. "I think the guys said they vented him from their ship at one point, and he survived that. So I'm thinking he can at least do short durations in a vacuum."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Wed May 17, 2017 2:30 pm

((rolls carried over))
Jill taps away on the screen, scrolling through ship manufacturers. "So Nova, can't set one of his portals without physically being there. I was hoping a deckplan would be good enough." She scowls while tapping away some more. "I do like the idea of getting his nav files, that would be quite useful, as long as he hasn't put a trap door or logic bomb in the files"

If we can get on board that ship, it would allow us a wealth of opportunity.
Looking over to Ryden, "What kind of external security does this place have? Do you think we could get to Zed's ship by EVA, then board it?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 32

    Timeline: While Niall and Jill are gone
Ryden smiles savagely as he gets the limited dirt on Lang. "Oh look, another middle manager lining his pockets and then skipping out on justice. These things really are universal." He comments as he collates information into a personnel file.
He sets it into an email and attaches the dossier but hits save draft, not send. He'll send it after he has more information to share.
    Team,
    Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms is a family-owned business managed by the Maga-Pastova family.
    History: This was originally two families who were united a generation ago by the marriage of their respective leaders' children. Prior to this union, these were rivalrous family syndicates who were frequently at odds with one another, their rivalry often leading to costly and counter-productive bloodshed in Grymdin's somewhat chaotic past. Drexil Maga-Pastova is currently the CEO of M-PVF, and roughly a third of all executives under him are still members of the two families.
    Image

    Analysis: Lang was a good facilitator who one of the families sprung from jail. When they went legit, he was made a part of their wholesale operations. Watch for ticks that indicate he is unsure of himself - or too sure. Hinting at knowledge of his past may unsettle him enough to gain an edge. Don't push it too far though. I have no doubts he will have guards who are armed or empowered, not to mention house security. Just remember, we need this guy.

    I have also contacted TGE about a wholesale deal, but I doubt we'll get the level of fresh foods we need. Further, I suspect M-PVF can do it without drawing attention to the meet locations.
    -Brainiac


Ryden also looks for a current picture of Alton Lang (Research 105%/1d100 = 80 PASS!); He also tries to find his picture and biometrics when he was arrested - namely to see if he is the same guy after all (Research 105%/1d100 = 21 PASS!).

Getting the combatant list, he combs the fight records and commentaries with his tablet using advanced search techniques that would take longer if he couldn't read entire pages of text in seconds. He includes secured sources if he finds them. But if the security is RES level, he backs off. He's looking to scrape, not dig. (OOC: Research is to find info in hard to find areas, Cryptography is to parse through local slang as well as any double talk meant to throw off newbies, and Hacking is in case there are bits locked away. Lore Alien is to ID race or specific racial information that might be of assistance.)
Euger Leson: - Research 105%/1d100 = 96 PASS (barely)!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 88 FAIL!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 24 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 12 PASS!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Patry Coxand - Research 105%/1d100 = 51 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 66 PASS!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 49 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 36 PASS!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Fsheeme - Research 105%/1d100 = 47 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 82 PASS (barely)!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 53 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 23 PASS!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Giga - Research 105%/1d100 = 13 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 49 PASS!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 48 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 77 - What Clan is she? FAIL!
    Image
    Species: Atorian
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

G'Aric - Research 105%/1d100 = 8 CRIT!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 93 FAIL!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 12 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 71 FAIL!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Budu Sh'Yeenen - Research 105%/1d100 = 28 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 54 PASS!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 99 CRIT FAIL! | Deus Ex Machina - Crit Success! , Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 22 PASS!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Phallou - Research 105%/1d100 = 14 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 34 PASS!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 63 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 15 PASS!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:

Kraekyo - Research 105%/1d100 = 86 PASS!, Cryptography 85%/1d100 = 66 PASS!, Computer Hacking 90%/1d100 = 3 PASS!, Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 86 FAIL!
    Image
    Species:
    Fighting Style:
    Backers:
    Allies:
    Rivalries:


After this, he begins looking into whatever he can find on the Razorcrush Arena, sticking to "insider" websites and those catering to gamblers and fans. Especially the weird fan alternative theories. Research 105%/1d100 = 88 PASS! - to find the information; Intelligence 66%/1d100 = 22 PASS! - to figure out what is worth talking about.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 38

    Timeline: When the other two walk in
When Jill and Niall walk in, Ryden is floating mid air in a weird contortion. His back is to the door, though he does glance their way as they enter. He does have Arismal hearing after all. They also note his hand move away from the pistol on his hip. "Be with you in a bit guys, watching this guys conspiracy theory." He has the tablet on the bed below him, his hands are manipulating something in virtual space, and he is twisting and turning, obviously using 360 degrees of workspace, as well as above him. Wrappers from meal bars and empty drink bottles all litter the space.

Gillina wrote:"I still haven't found something yet, but that's interesting. He can't be affected by gas attacks, but do you think he can be affected by lack of atmosphere?"

Niall wrote:Niall frowns. "I think the guys said they vented him from their ship at one point, and he survived that. So I'm thinking he can at least do short durations in a vacuum."

It's at this moment that Ryden tosses the tablet on his pillow, rights himself to a laying position and turns off the null field, plopping onto the bed from two feet above it. He sits up, stretching. "Yeah, you remember the Cygnus? When we hauling that slow, blind ass tug back he caught up with us and latched onto our hull and burned through with a breaching ring. You remember Speckles, our boss? Well he was CO of the team then. Bastard crushed his leg. Thing about Speckles is he can do limited area air removals. Total vacuum. We did vacuum drills as a part of team combat training, with him doing the vacuum. Anyway it didn't phase that bastard a bit. Also didn't phase him when we sent him tumbling out into the void. He just got back on the ship, got to his ship and blasted off. He had some of our heaviest hitters going at him too. So catch me up. Sorry about that, was doing research on the matches and the arena. There's some real crackpots out there."

When Niall recounts what he's found, and Jill shares her thoughts, he nods. At the idea of filing a grievance with his DRO, Ryden actually laughs. "Oh god, that'd be great. But no. I promise you he is paying the premium don't frack with me amounts of protection. I'm beginning to think it's no coincidence he's been working with the Queen Bitches. I think they enslaved or, possibly, hired him. Or enslaved him and then freed him in some sort of loyalty mind frack. Probably empowered him somehow too. Cybernetics, genetic mods, whatever. Lung implants on top his already prodigious endurance would explain his near immunity to being suffocated. They can't keep coming after us with their assets - they need deniability to maintain their charade about their involvement. Especially in a place like this. Records of him in what we pulled might be something to check whenever we go back."

Intelligence 66%/1d100 = 93 - FAIL! - do I remember anything else from all the data I pulled? Any mention of Nithians, special programs, etc?
Lore: Alien 70%/1d100 = 33 - PASS! - What do I know about Nithians in regards to their politics. Even a fledgling race has contact with the big players, how about them?
Research 105%/1d100 = 28 - PASS! - Same line of questioning, but what can I find. Will use the most verbose and complete sources possible to get the most insight. (Speed Reading)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Wed May 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Niall wrote:Niall thinks back to what he remembers of Zed, to try and determine if his clothes bore any military insignia or remnants of a military uniform that might indicate or give a hint of rank, unit, MOS, etc.
Intelligence ☞ 66% Original post: 1d100 = 63 (SUCCEED)

As far as Niall's fear-clouded memories can provide, Zed wore no items of insignia or unique adornments which would convey any sort of official or unofficial military or political affiliation.
Gilina wrote:Jill contemplates for a moment, "That's pretty good idea, I'll see if I can find out a bit more about the ship. Maybe it wasn't made by Zed, but a known manufacturer. If it's off the market, maybe we can find some sort of weakness of the ship."
Research -- Original post: 1d100 = 32 / 74%

The Compulsion, based on what little information is available about it, began its career as a standard TGE courier ship of an unknown class. Even based on the scant information available, simple visual observation verifies that it has been heavily modified, at the very least in most outward aesthetic aspects of its design. Beyond this, there is no information easily available.

Ryden wrote:Ryden also looks for a current picture of Alton Lang (Research 105%/Original post: 1d100 = 80 PASS!); He also tries to find his picture and biometrics when he was arrested - namely to see if he is the same guy after all (Research 105%/Original post: 1d100 = 21 PASS!).

Ryden is able to find pictures of a mostly poor resolution or composition, but he is able to find one clear, useful image of the man. He has zero luck in finding any pictures of the man from the distant past.
Image

The first thing of value in relation to the gladiatorial games that Ryden comes across is a list of the competing houses: Amorog, Dandal, Mioro, Xiongnu, and Ytedon.

Euger Leson:
Image
Species: Swip
Fighting Style: Unknown, new fighter
Backers: House Dandal
Allies: House Dandal fighters; Kraekyo
Rivalries: Unestablished


Patry Coxand:
Image
Species: Unknown, rumors abound of him being a Silison gone completely over to cybernetics, other rumors are even more wild, one even suggesting that he's actually a Riathenor from the dark space lanes of Titrana
Fighting Style: Unconventional means and tactics; vicious and with a very high kill to submission ratio
Backers: House Xiongnu
Allies: House Xiongnu fighters...tepidly
Rivalries: None in present match


Fsheeme:
Image
Species: Klikita
Fighting Style: Various; highly skilled and adaptive
Backers: House Ytedon
Allies: None confirmed though there's a firestorm of theory and debate about her and Euger being "an item" as they have been reported to have been seen together in the XS Nightclub Hotel & Casino
Rivalries: Loathes House Xiongnu and its fighters


Giga:
Image
Species: Atorian, clan unknown
Fighting Style: Extraordinarily aggressive and vicious
Backers: House Xiongnu
Allies: House Xiongnu fighters
Rivalries: Phallou, treats her with the same vicious contempt one would expect from a master to a rebellious slave


G'Aric:
Image
Species: Unknown
Fighting Style: Unknown, new fighter
Backers: House Amorog
Allies: None
Rivalries: None


Budu Sh'Yeenen:
Image
Species: Altaican
Fighting Style: Swift, stealthy and precise strikes
Backers: House Mioro
Allies: House Mioro fighters; Phallou
Rivalries: None known


Phallou:
Image
Species: Danaus
Fighting Style: Unknown as she's a new fighter, but the blogosphere is abuzz with conjecture given the shared animosity between her and Giga
Backers: House Mioro
Allies: House Mioro fighters; Budu Sh'Yeenen
Rivalries: Giga especially and House Xiongnu in general


Kraekyo:
Image
Species: Elecian
Fighting Style: Somewhat predictable, but honorable, adaptive, skilled and highly professional
Backers: House Dandal
Allies: House Dandal fighters; Euger Leson
Rivalries: Has a long-standing beef with Patry Coxand who killed and disintegrated with acid his mentor and trainer in a previous arena match


As is apparently normal for such arena matches as this one, there is virtually no legitimate information whatsoever about the arena. This, of course, is chum in the water for the amateur blogosphere and the professional sports pundits. The most popular theory is that it will be a face-to-face match on a huge spinning metal plate in zero-G cylinder whose walls will steadily press inward until there's a victor, or the contestants are all crushed to death or forced to concede.

Regarding the Nithians, Ryden remembers nothing else from the data he pulled. But he does know that the Nithians have made contact with the F.A.R. who is in the early stages of contact with them mostly regarding the development of trade and some limited scientific exchange.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Thu May 18, 2017 6:51 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 38

Ryden wrote:"Yeah, you remember the Cygnus? When we hauling that slow, blind ass tug back he caught up with us and latched onto our hull and burned through with a breaching ring. You remember Speckles, our boss? Well he was CO of the team then. Bastard crushed his leg. Thing about Speckles is he can do limited area air removals. Total vacuum. We did vacuum drills as a part of team combat training, with him doing the vacuum. Anyway it didn't phase that bastard a bit. Also didn't phase him when we sent him tumbling out into the void. He just got back on the ship, got to his ship and blasted off. He had some of our heaviest hitters going at him too. So catch me up. Sorry about that, was doing research on the matches and the arena. There's some real crackpots out there."


Niall smiles. "So, while you were researching, Jill and I took a walk down to the docks, made like we'd lost a bet to Zed and had to pay a docking fee. Thanks to some very good acting by Jill, we convinced the guy we were legit, and got confirmation The Compulsion is his ship. Came back here, and to fill some time I did a bit of research on Nithians. And that's it, actually."

"We were thinking of ways to sabotage, compromise, or seize The Compulsion, as well as possible avenues of attack against Zed himself."

With that, Niall's comm chirps with Ryden's sent briefing on Alton Lang and the Hippodrome combatants.

Actually, Niall thinks, Might be a good idea to do the same for these guys... maybe give our guys an edge in the arena. "As a matter of fact... let me see if my medical references might give us anything we can work with on these gladiators... Maybe develop some alliances of our own, or at least give us something to work with to develop some arena tactics."

Niall pulls out his datapad, and does some basic medical research on the different species of fighters, looking to supplement Ryden's notes with strengths and weaknesses for each one. He will concentrate first on filling the scant holes in Ryden's files, before working as much as he can to supplement the data (Research is to supplement the other rolls if necessary). Niall is seeking to add the following supplemental info to each entry:

Species general info:
Species common powers/weaknesses:
Species alliances/hatreds:


Except in the case of Giga, Patry Coxand, and G'Aric, about whom more detailed information is sought.

Euger Leson:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 53 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 40 (Swip - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 17 (Swip - species alliances/hatreds - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 76 (Swip - powers and weaknesses inherent to species - FAIL)

Patry Coxand:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 10 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 23 (What species? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 45 (Any info about Patry Coxand specifically - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 37 (powers and weaknesses inherent to species - if species is discovered - SUCCESS)

Fsheeme:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 52 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 71 (Klikita - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 51 (Klikita - species alliances/hatreds - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 99 (Klikita - powers and weaknesses inherent to species - FAIL)

Giga:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 26 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 97 (clan affiliation - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 41 (Clan - if discovered - intel including territory, reputation, military strengths, and M.O. - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 81 (powers and weaknesses for this individual? - FAIL)

G'Aric:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 33 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 49 (What species? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 54 (Any info about G'Aric specifically - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 96 (powers and weaknesses inherent to species - if species is discovered - FAIL)

Budu Sh'Yeenen:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 11 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 77 (Altaican - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 36 (Altaican - species alliances/hatreds - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 50 (Altaican - powers and weaknesses inherent to species - SUCCESS)

Phallou:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 60 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 94 (Danaus - FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 5 (Danaus - species alliances/hatreds - SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 28 (Danaus - powers and weaknesses inherent to species - SUCCESS)

Kraekyo:
Research ☞ 100% 1d100 = 42 (to supplement hunt for info - SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 60% 1d100 = 20 (Elecian - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 66% 1d100 = 73 (Elecian - species alliances/hatreds - FAIL)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 37 (Elecian - powers and weaknesses inherent to species - SUCCESS)

If time becomes limited (Niall doesn't work nearly as fast as Ryden), Niall will focus his research on the following individuals, in this priority order: 1) Giga; 2) Patry Coxand; 3) G'Aric; 4-8) the others.

As he works, he realizes the limitations of his Xeno-biology reference in his datapad. "We should see about buying more complete reference materials about the galaxy and its inhabitants... When we get the credits."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Wed May 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 89

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Jill is obviously flustered by her inability to figure out how to defeat Zed. If he can handle being in a vacuum, he's really strong, and nigh invulnerable. What can defeat him? Psychics have a hard time with him as well...

It isn't till Niall starts talking about their trip, that Jill breaks out of her melancholy. "Thanks," Jill was a little embarrassed by the compliment of her acting. "I just pulled out my inner angry girlfriend. But somehow that translated to inner angry sibling, or who knows how he took it."

Looking back down at her datapad, "Sadly, my search on the Compulsion didn't turn up much. It looks to be a standard courier ship from the TGE, but highly modified. There is no way to know what is standard, stock, and modified on that ship without actually being on there."

"Going back to Zed, Flash weapons seem to affect him. So maybe we can capitalize on that, strobe lights and what not. Do we think loud noises as well? How about heat, most creatures don't like heat, especially if he can handle being in space and the cold."
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Thu May 25, 2017 7:29 am

(Rolls carried over)

Gillina wrote:"I just pulled out my inner angry girlfriend. But somehow that translated to inner angry sibling, or who knows how he took it."


Niall smiles. "Whatever that was, it worked. We should decide what we are to each other in this cover identity, in case we ever need to pull that card out again."

Gillina wrote:"Sadly, my search on the Compulsion didn't turn up much. It looks to be a standard courier ship from the TGE, but highly modified. There is no way to know what is standard, stock, and modified on that ship without actually being on there."

"Going back to Zed, Flash weapons seem to affect him. So maybe we can capitalize on that, strobe lights and what not. Do we think loud noises as well? How about heat, most creatures don't like heat, especially if he can handle being in space and the cold."


Niall takes this in, hiding his disappointment, as he continues his research on the combatants Ryden listed.

"Well... as to the Compulsion... that's not nothing. We can pull a sales portfolio on that model, and get a basic deck plan, and know what the standard options for drives, sensors, and other options are. Then we'll know what the bottom of the spectrum is as to his ship's capabilities. Also, we can do some research and find out what the biggest and best his size ship can accommodate, and that'll give us the top of the spectrum. That's if we can't just... get aboard and take the ship ourselves." He chuckles. A year ago, I'd never have seriously considered stealing a starship, let alone begun actively planning to. And... honestly, physically taking it is... kinda the... hard way?

Niall looks up from his screen.

He leans back.

"You know... I had an uncle once who told me 'All the real stealing is done on paper.' What... what do you think the odds are that we could hack into Grymdin's systems and execute a change of title on the Compulsion? Then we'd be, I don't know, not exactly 'legally entitled', but at least if or when we go aboard it won't initially raise any eyebrows."

He chuckles, then goes back to his research. "Just spitballing."

"As far as Zed, yeah, it's going to be non-standard attacks that take him out. Flash, strobes, mental assault, whatever we can bring to bear. You don't think we can trick him into eating a grenade, do you?" He chuckles again. Maybe if we bind him long enough, we can give him a transorbital lobotomy.

Niall pauses a moment in his research. Yikes, that was dark. Something about Grymdin... is bringing out the worst in me. I'm actively planning a ship theft, and I want to lobotomize that frakking alien. That's just... cruel. He shakes his head. Maybe this is... residual effects from when Zed tried to capture me... not tried... DID. The thought of lashing out at him, hurting him in any and every way... makes me happy. Troubled by seeing this side of himself bubble to the surface, Niall once again goes back to his research. Maybe Dr. Links can prescribe something for this back at the fleet. Is there a drug for being a burgeoning psychopath?
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 83

[Timeline: Before everyone gets there]

    Team,
    Maga-Pastova Vertical Farms is a family-owned business managed by the Maga-Pastova family.
    History: This was originally two families who were united a generation ago by the marriage of their respective leaders' children. Prior to this union, these were rivalrous family syndicates who were frequently at odds with one another, their rivalry often leading to costly and counter-productive bloodshed in Grymdin's somewhat chaotic past. Drexil Maga-Pastova is currently the CEO of M-PVF, and roughly a third of all executives under him are still members of the two families.
    Image

    Analysis: Lang was a good facilitator who one of the families sprung from jail. When they went legit, he was made a part of their wholesale operations. Watch for ticks that indicate he is unsure of himself - or too sure. Hinting at knowledge of his past may unsettle him enough to gain an edge. Don't push it too far though. I have no doubts he will have guards who are armed or empowered, not to mention house security. Just remember, we need this guy.

    I have also contacted TGE about a wholesale deal, but I doubt we'll get the level of fresh foods we need. Further, I suspect M-PVF can do it without drawing attention to the meet locations. Is there anything you want added to the reply? Also, who will lead negotiations?
    -Brainiac

It is as he is disabling his nullgrav that he hits send.

While the Niall and Jill are speaking, he runs some more searches, using subtle methods and backed by plenty of target research before executing.
Ryden runs a search on the DRO protection of each House
  • Computer Hacking 90%/(Amorog/1d100 = 50 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 9 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 35 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 99 EP Deus Ex Machina CRITICAL SUCCESS! of CRITICAL FAILURE!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 55 PASS!)
  • Intelligence 66%/(Amorog/1d100 = 12 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 44 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 81 FAIL!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 55 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 33 PASS!)
  • Research 105%/(Amorog/1d100 = 37 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 29 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 78 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 48 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 79 PASS!).
Also looks for information about what kind of "House" are they?
  • Computer Hacking 90%/(Amorog/1d100 = 14 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 91 FAIL!, Mioro/1d100 = 22 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 40 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 76 PASS!)
  • Intelligence 66%/(Amorog/1d100 = 77 FAIL!, Dandal/1d100 = 86 FAIL!, Mioro/1d100 = 76 FAIL!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 57 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 11 PASS!)
  • Research 105%/(Amorog/1d100 = 45 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 56 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 1 CRITICAL SUCCESS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 25 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 67 PASS!).
Looks for past performance of the house in general, looking at casualty rates, how they interact with outsiders, etc.
  • Computer Hacking 90%/(Amorog/1d100 = 26 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 41 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 16 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 8 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 70 PASS!)
  • Intelligence 66%/(Amorog/1d100 = 82 FAIL!, Dandal/1d100 = 12 FAIL!, Mioro/1d100 = 34 FAIL!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 87 FAIL!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 72 FAIL!)
  • Research 105%/(Amorog/1d100 = 82 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 43 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 7 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 67 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 35 PASS!).
Looks for DRO Claims for each House in regards to the Arena.
  • Computer Hacking 90%/(Amorog/1d100 = 21 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 54 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 33 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 34 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 87 PASS!)
  • Intelligence 66%/(Amorog/1d100 = 9 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 38 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 95 FAIL!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 44 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 83 FAIL!)
  • Research 105%/(Amorog/1d100 = 58 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 23 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 16 PASS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 24 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 84 PASS!).
Looks for contact info, team management, and support staff for each house's team.
  • Computer Hacking 90%/(Amorog/1d100 = 55 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 52 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 94 FAIL!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 44 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 69 PASS!)
  • Intelligence 66%/(Amorog/1d100 = 7 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 41 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 3 CRITICAL SUCCESS!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 68 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 90 FAIL!)
  • Research 105%/(Amorog/1d100 = 71 PASS!, Dandal/1d100 = 77 PASS!, Mioro/1d100 = 100 EP Deus Ex Machina CRITICAL SUCCESS! of CRITICAL FAILURE!, Xiongnu/1d100 = 9 PASS!, and Ytedon/1d100 = 22 PASS!).

He hits send and finishes the new searches just as the door opens.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Thu May 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 84

Ryden listens as they talk, his face thoughtful. "Nothing short of a full R-E-S dive is going to get me anywhere near that kind of access. I don't mind, but I don't want to be here while it's going on. I'd rather find a hide away in the stadium and do it there. That way I can have a fallback and an escape plan that doesn't lead right to us. As for Zed, I think that magic weapon idea is probably our best long shot to date. I mean in a universe where planets are destroyed for commercial benefit, why can't there be magic. Besides, it's not like anything else works. When you rule out the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how implausible, must be the truth."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to Novoo Industrial Sector

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest