Crew Deck: Memorial

CPT Zoi Cardea is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless, one of the two remaining Vigilance Class Carriers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Crew Deck: Memorial

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:02 pm

This section of passageway has become an impromptu memorial to those lost on Arismal and since. While technically against regulations for a number of reasons, no one has ever challenged its presence. Occasionally a crew member will clean up things left here, but photos are never disturbed, and small items that are clearly mementos are not removed.

GM note: Players can contribute their own pictures to the memorial by posting their picture to this thread.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Crew Deck: Memorial

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 1

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 6

Niall arrives at the memorial, towel, draped across his shoulders, and still wet with perspiration. He takes a moment to look at the photos, and mementos. He is struck by how small it seems.

A whole planet destroyed... and this... this tiny memorial is all we've got to remember it. The memories of one shipfull of Arismal, just... whatever they had to leave.

He shakes his head. The 1st need to see this. And they need to know about the ... new SOP about not talking about the dead.

He finds himself looking in vain among the pictures for any Arismal face he recognizes. Things in the fleet are going to shit. We need to take drastic action. And our... failure... on this last mission to find a foothold for Arismal isn't helping. We're floundering.

Although not a religious man, Niall whispers a short prayer for the dead, invoking an ancient prayer he had seen inscribed on a tablet at a museum.

"May the powers of the celestial and the powers of the firmament guide these our lost to their eternal homes. Reward these our lost for their blamelessness in death and for their virtues in life, and allow them to guide our hands. This in faith I ask."

What a joke. What faith? Niall heaves a sigh, and looks around, hoping he was not seen.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Day 41, 0830

The passages near the memorial are noticeably quieter than elsewhere in the ship. The steady thrum-thrum-thrum of the ship's drives is all that is clearly audible. A few people pass Niall by wordlessly. One guy reaches out and lightly touches a picture of an older couple as he passes.
Augur
Admin

Postby Niall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 79

Niall finishes up his prayer and looks around, glad to be ignored. His stomach growls, he reeks of sweat, and his legs howl in pain. Need to shower and eat something... before I collapse.

He turns and makes his way back to the 1st SOG berthing.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 19 | 1d100 = 92

Gilina walks down the hall. Her eyes go to the pictures, and her hand is almost drawn to touch them. She stops just before doing so and pulls her hand down. All the death... The loss of life... She continues to walk down the hall till she see's a picture of a small child. Tearing up, she brings her hand up to her eyes, and quickly walks out of the hallway. "Oh the lords!"
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Day 41, 1200

The hallway is busy with foot traffic as this is about the time that the 1200 shift is relieved and heads to chow. Nevertheless, this length of passageway is utterly silent save for the footfalls.

GM NOTE: Remember to include the location tag in these on-ship posts. If you're now heading somewhere else, post such. Some players are even so kind as to link to the new location to which their character is traveling.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 am

Perception (+3): 1d20+3 = 11. 
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11. 
JiC D100: 1d100 = 56. 

Conditions: Force Disc

CJ glides silently up to the Memorial on his Force-Disc giving acknowledgement to anyone else there, but he doesn't approach anyone. Sitting in silence the PA Pilot allows himself to feel the loss and emptiness, the anger and frustration that threaten to overwhelm him as he sits for 1/2 an hour. **I guess it could be worse. When I was an Atorian prisoner, then held by Pirates waiting to get sold off as a slave or back to the Brush-heads for them to experiment on ... but when I got back to Fleet I just hoped things would be better. I guess ... I guess it's better than being a slave somewhere ... but it looks like we're going to have to strap in for the long haul ans and crawl scratch and scrape our way back from extinction while infighting? We'll never ... it's too much ... No. Breathe. What'd Dad used to say? Without the darkness we would never see the Stars ... It has been a long damn night but someday I'll look back and appreciate this as the crucible that forged us, our people, into something greater ... please let it be. **

Cairo's trailing thought leaves him both resolute and a bit self-conscious of tears he hadn't realized he had shed, ** I should do something more productive ... crying in a damn hallway like a little girl ... ** The PA Pilot drags a sleeve across his face and turns his Disc to glide off towards ...

[[ 1st SOG Ready Room. ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 79

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded
ADF Standard Armor | AR: 16 | Helmet: 100 | Arms: 100/100 | Legs: 150/150 | Main Body: 126
Weight: 14 lbs. | Fully Environmental | HUD | Encrypted Radio: 12 Miles | Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills

Jill slowly floats down the halls of the Dauntless. Her body slowly passes by other crew in the halls, her mind wandering and going over the days events. I don't understand... Why would someone perpetrate genocide for power.

She looks up just in time to stop from running into another crew member. "Excuse me," she meekly whispers out as she floats aside. Realizing that she's at the memorial, she floats up high on the wall. Looking for the photo she put up.

The picture of her family, bent and twisted plastered to the wall. "How can we do this to ourselves?" She asks no one in particular. Floating there, she spends an inordinate amount of time, before moving on.
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to A.D.F.S. Dauntless