Crew Deck: Medical Department (Sick Bay)

CPT Zoi Cardea is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless, one of the two remaining Vigilance Class Carriers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Crew Deck: Medical Department (Sick Bay)

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:49 pm

The inscrutable Doctor Links is the SMO (Ship's Medical Officer) of the Dauntless, and administers his brand of bedside manner and medical care from these spaces on the ship.

Scuttlebutt around the ship is that he's a mind-bender like those creepy S.O.B.s in Psi-Ops, but no one ever disappears after an appointment with Doc Links.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Crew Deck: Medical Department (Sick Bay)

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 19+2=21
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 57

Conditions:

En route to the R&D Dept, Cairo finds his feet in the Sickbay **Nothing wrong with me but an idea I might regret hehehe ... ** If there is anything urgent going on, the PA Pilot will beat feet to get the hell out of the way. But if it's quiet he'll take a seat and wait for the Dr. to have a few minutes to spare.

If/when he gets a chance with Doc Links, "No complaints here Doc, sorry to bug you but a thought drifted through my fool head earlier today ... I remember they used to do blood drives etc. because that stuff's a limited commodity. I'm not sure of our stores but I thought ... I seem to have fair regenerative capabilities and I don't know if any of that passes out with a blood donation or anything, but ... well I know I can make more fast enough and it wouldn't put me out of commission to drop a couple pints if it was needed ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Day 41, 0830

It's busy as hell in sick bay. Two dozen people are being handled a staff of half that many. It's nothing out of the ordinary though, this is the time for sick call. The first three hours after reveille (0600) is when sick bay is open to walk-ins without an emergency, so every upset stomach, headache, ingrown toenail, and cold sufferer on the Dauntless with time to spare is here. After about twenty minutes, the Doc himself sees Cairo standing there waiting patiently and accosts him. Cairo gets no further than ..."blood donation" in his speech before the Doc is leading him to a chair where he's seated, his arm lashed to the chair arm, a soda cracker shoved in his free hand, and an IV needle jabbed into an available vein. Doc Links gives only one thing to Cairo: a fatherly lecture. "Son, you get my age, you ain't got time for dancing anymore. You want something in my sick bay, you speak plain. Thanks for manning up. Blood's always needed. Eat that cracker. It tastes like stale pussy, but it'll keep your blood sugar proper." He leaves without another word. A minute later, Cairo can hear his voice clearly above the tumult. "Here's an aspirin...now get your candy ass back to work! I don't write SIQ chits for those who don't need 'em."
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 11 +2 = 13
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 90

Conditions:

CJ lays back & listens to those around him waits till he's about 2 pints light crunching his way through his cracker. Eventually he'll rise and head out the door. **Alright well, good to know it was a useful idea ... now I can go try those R&D fellas & get laughed outta there**

[[ R&D ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu May 14, 2015 12:00 pm

When Gilina gets to medical, she tells the nearest person. "Man down, he needs serious medical attention immediately!"

Sick Bay is pretty crowded. Gilina can see Doc Links shouting at someone through a bitchbox while simultaneously up to his wrists in some guy's chest cavity. "I've got casualties here from all over the ship, and every one of the emergency response teams are already deployed, Admiral. I don't know what the frak is going on, but you can take a frakking number and get in line! Kowalski, kill that bitchbox, and apply pressure to that artery."

The scene is pretty hectic, but a nurse rushes up to Gilina, shouldering past four others who are walking wounded. The nurse quickly assesses the soldier in Gilina's arms. "Set him over there in the vestibule to port side with the other corpses, there's nothing we can do for him, he's dead." Gil looks to where the nurse is pointing and sees a half dozen bodies unceremoniously lined up against the wall on their backs. There's a spreading pool of gore surrounding the bodies, and no white bedsheets are being wasted to hide the reality of the situation.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 38

Military Etiquette [70%]: 1d100 = 14

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light/Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks).

Cairo and Halko glide to the doorway aboard the Force Disc only to have it vanish a moment later depositing them lightly on the floor. Once they've touched down, CJ removes the Shadow-Cloak from his shoulders to carry it in-hand as he watches the chaos swirl round the Sickbay and he grits his teeth, ***Maybe I should've given more blood.**

OOC: Do CJ and Halko arrive in time to hear any of the conversation with the Admiral? or just enough to see the buzz of activity?

TGM EDIT: Just enough to see the buzz of activity.

Xanreys steps over to the fallen soldiers to examine the fellow Gilina just brought in, **Better get a name, Rank, and MOS.** (OOC: Is this the Airwing Commander? not sure if it's a name we'd all know). The PA Pilot then reluctantly looks over the other fallen soldiers to see if any of them are still sporting sidearms, or a radio (if so he will grit his teeth and grab them). He'll then step over to Hassan. If she looks upset he will begin with " Are you going to be ok? ..." if not, he leads with "Unless you're trained to help, we need to get out of the way. We need to collect our field gear, and find Nova. It looks like folks have decided to cross some lines out there. Need meet up with our Unit, and that includes you ..."

**Ryden's ... who-knows-where doing his hack, poor guy in the middle of a date, talk about a c___-block. Now Crash was heading to the Mess? ... Should we collect him? or get him his gear? ... Damn and where do we find Gyn?! Haven't seen him since quarantine ended. Not even sure where to start looking.**

Once Jill responds, and if she seems calm enough he will walk back towards the door where he will create another Force-Disc, "We're going into a fight so lets show our cards. I can merge with machines, I can see the EM spectrum, I have my Shadow Cloak, and Flight Disc. Halko basically absorbs physical and energy attacks directed at him and can bounce them back. Is that about right big man? ... " he'll glance at Jill "Flight, and strength, what other talents are you bringing to the party Hassan?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sat May 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 67

Prowl: 55%=1d100 = 57
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 52%=1d100 = 8

Halko looks a bit taken back at the scene in medical and mutters, "Didn't the Atorians do enough? Now we're fraking ourselves over." He see Cairo giving the corpses the pat down, Right. If we get the squad together, we'll need more gear. Snapping to, he looks around medical for any piles of abandoned or discarded gear; radios, ammo, grenades and other weapons. As long as there's no one standing guard over it, he'll try to seem natural about acquiring the gear and at the very least he'll try to be quick about it. If he spots any armor, he'll give a little shiver, creepy but he'll catch Gilina's and Cairo's eye and motion to it if they want to grab it. If there are forearm lasers in the stack, Halko will go ahead and try to get those as well as a gas mask or air filter.

Once he's gathered all he can or if he determines he can't get any of it without a fight, Halko will get with the other two and get out of medical.

When Cairo gather's the small group and starts going over their abilities, Halko nods, "Yeah, that's about it for me. Sir, I know I said Nova would try to get back to the berthing or the flight deck but do you think his portal to the Bait and Switch will still work, even though they've started stripping her? That'd give him the quickest access to weapons and armor." When the force disk is created, Halko will climb back aboard and say, "It's your call sir, but we better get moving."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol

Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 16

Jill places the fallen soldier down with the others. She carefully places the man in what could be described as a comfortable position, I never knew you, but you deserved better. May the gods make sense of your death in the hours to come. She stands up and takes in the whole mess, her abilities and knowledge useless in the theater of medicine. Even then, Jill has an overwhelming urge to try and help.

As she starts to see what she can do, her eye catches Cairo and Halko enter the medical bay. She walks over to them, blood covering her hands, and splattered across her uniform. Her voice is in an almost state of shock, "He is dead. They can't help him. Everyone's dying, and I can't help. I can't fix them." Her voice cracking, and her being green showing through.

It isn't till Cairo starts talking about a fight, something triggers her back to reality. "Yeah, flight, strength, personal forcefield, a knack for weapons and engineering."
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed May 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Xanreys steps over to the fallen soldiers to examine the fellow Gilina just brought in. He's a PFC Master-At-Arms. The PA Pilot then reluctantly looks over the other fallen soldiers to see if any of them are still sporting sidearms, or a radio. Most are unarmed, but a few have belts with sidearms. Cairo starts to check them out for anything useful.

Halko looks a bit taken back at the scene in medical and mutters, "Didn't the Atorians do enough? Now we're frakking ourselves over." Halko sees Cairo giving the corpses the pat down. Snapping to, he looks around medical for any piles of abandoned or discarded gear; radios, ammo, grenades and other weapons.

Doc Links storms over, elbow-deep in smeared blood, bellowing at the top of his lungs. Even the single silver starburst of the rank insignia on his lapel is spattered in blood. "Get the frak outta my sick bay, you vultures!" He's clearly outraged beyond discussion.

Gilina walks over to Halko & Cairo, blood covering her hands and uniform.

Cairo steps over to Hassan. "Are you going to be ok?"

Her voice is in an almost state of shock, "He is dead. They can't help him. Everyone's dying, and I can't help. I can't fix them."

Cairo speaks up. "We're going into a fight so lets show our cards. I can merge with machines, I can see the EM spectrum, I have my Shadow Cloak, and Flight Disc. Halko basically absorbs physical and energy attacks directed at him and can bounce them back. Is that about right big man? Flight, and strength, what other talents are you bringing to the party Hassan?"

Gil responds, "Yeah, flight, strength, personal forcefield, a knack for weapons and engineering."

"I said now, Lieutenants, or by the stars I'll have you in irons!" Doc Links' outbursts are drawing the attention of a few of the walking wounded in sick bay who look ready to come to his aide should the need arise.

What are your intentions?
Augur
Admin

Postby Gilina » Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 9

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 96 / 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 10 / 45%
Military Etiquette -- 1d100 = 44 / 64%

Gillina straightens up as the Doctor starts to yell at her. Like a new recruit trying to prove something, "Yes Sir!" She turns to her two comrades and begins to speak. "So you heard the Doctor. Assholes and elbows, now fall out!"

As the others leave the room in shame, she turns to the Doctor. "I'm sorry, you won't see us again... I hope." With that stated she leaves the room and gets into the hallway.

"Obviously your looking for gear, where do you store it again... The hangar. Let's go there."
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Wed May 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 27

Military Etiquette [70%]: 1d100 = 47

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light/Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks).

CJ steps back into the hall as Links begins to raise his voice and forms a Force Disc that he steps onto, a frustrated frown on his face, ***Vultures my ass, we need to get hold of radios, having no contact with the team is a problem.***

When Halko and Hassan step out he points, "The deceased was not our Air Wing Commander, he was some MAA. Didn't see any radios that were available." Pulling his shadow cloak back onto his shoulders, Cairo nods down the hall, "Ok, let's get to the Flight Deck ... Hassan, stow the bootlicking attitude until you've been through at least one firefight please. Picking up a damn gun from a man who can no longer use it is neither improper, nor a bad idea. But sure, let's go walk into the dozen ongoing firefights with nothing to fire or ward off bullets. That's right I said a dozen gunfights in progress, you flew off half-cocked without that news ... Now fall in Newchik."

Once Halko's back on the Force-Disc CJ crouches a bit and leaves Hassan in the hall as he glides for the closest stairwell down to the Flight Deck.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Thu May 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 50

Halko's brows furrow when the Doc starts yelling at them, What, I'm just looking for radios and weapons. I'm not taking personal gear. Regardless he snaps to with a salute and exits medical quickly with a, "Yes, Sir!"

Stepping into the hallway, Halko notes the two Lieutenant butting heads but only takes away Cairo's statement about dozens of ongoing firefights. This combined with the amount of people in medical prompts Halko to say, "If we're gonna do anything about the mess, we need info and weapons. And the hanger should have both. At least my armor is locked up there and we should be able to get something on it's radio."

Halko turns to Gilinam and says, "By the way, I'm Backlash. We're still working on a call-sign for Lieutenant Xanreys here. He joined the squad just before we went out on our last mission."

Halko climbs onto the force disk and says, "I'm ready when you are sir. Where do you think Crash and Brainiac are?"
Last edited by Halko on Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Details

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Thu May 28, 2015 9:45 pm

[[ Rolls Carried Forward ]]

As they glide along, CJ shrugs at Halko's query before realizing that the motion probably wouldn't be visible in his shadow-cloak, "Brainiac is probably in his date's Berth. He was with some girl with dangerous curves and a painted on bodysuit when I last saw him. I doubt we find him easily ... Crash, maybe in the Mess? ...Not to mention Pops ... I'm stumped on Gyn. No clue where we run him down, maybe in the Crow's Nest, maybe he'll just find us."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 pm

[Rolls Held]

Halko furrows his brows as he thinks. Then he says, "Gyn... I haven't seen Pops since we went into isolation for debrief. Has anyone seen him since we were let loose?"

Halko keeps his eyes peeled on the corridors as they cruise along on the force disk. He glances back to see if Gilina is flying along behind them, that is, if she hasn't taken the lead.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Fri May 29, 2015 7:45 pm

[[ Rolls Carried Forward ]]

Cairo's shadow shrowded form shakes his head as recycled air breezes by, "As far as I know, that's the last anyone saw of him ... He wasn't in Sickbay earlier when I gave blood, and thankfully he wasn't in the makeshift morgue either. Wherever he is, hopefully he can get us a message ... "

**Flight Deck, then ... gah ... I don't know. Ok likely targets in a coup? Senior officers, control centers, like the CDC, or Communications Central ... for now we work with what we've got**

The PA Pilot draws his 2 energy clubs as the pair course forward on the Force Disc like a surge of water down a stream-bed. Holding the clubs within the opaque shadows offers little solace, though this is better than nothing, **When the people fall into despair, common sense departs ... A house divided against itself cannot stand. Why divide the Arismal so? We already must fight the Atorians from the shadows, now we fight each other as well? ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 pm

Augur
Admin

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 90

Conditions: -123 damage to Standard Armor main body, -25 to personal S.D.C.; -29 H.P., -4 to all combat actions, APM reduced by half, throbbing headache for the next hour (-30% to all skills), and you forget these skills for the next 10 days: Mathematics: Basic and W.P. Energy Rifle

Nova walks in with the assistance of Halko. "Long time no see, Links." The man is definitely worse for wear. His armor is covered in laser scorch marks and signs of being crushed, his speech is slow and quiet, and his reaction time to stimulus is slow as molasses. "I got spooked. Wanna see what you can do about it?" He points to Halko. "He got spooked too. Tried to shoot me. Pretty funny now."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119

Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 96

Halko waits in whatever kind of line there is for triage. His armor is pretty beat, but he looks one hundred percent. He leaves his helmet hanging at his waist and his weapons holstered and slung.

Halko nods to the statement that he tried to shoot Nova, Funny now. You're not the person that would have been court-martialed for shooting his commanding officer. He gives a little grin, "But I'm feeling much better now. Luckily my STAR jammed. I think I'm okay, somebody just made me think Nova was in on the coop, but once the King Spook's head evaporated things got better. I just wanna make sure there's no lasting effects. Of course, I'm betting that'll take a psychic to figure out. The Lieutenant here took some kinda mind blast. Seems to have scrambled his wits some. He's not quite on task and it seems to take a good bit of concentration for him to get things done."

Halko watches as the docs do whatever they need to do to Nova and waits his turn. As he waits he asks an orderly or nurse if Lieutenant Faux has been brought in, "I believe she was injured in the fighting hat took place in the Hangar Bay. "
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:58 am

Take a Number

When Nova and Halko arrive at medical they are greeted by a long line of wounded waiting to be seen. An ordliery immediately assesses their injuries, deems them manageable, and hands them a numbered card.

"We will call you in turn. Priority is by severity of injury."

Given Nova's condition their wait isn't long,and the pair is seen by Links who grumbles but does his job. Through the advances of modern medicine he is able to stabilize Nova's condition and give him something for the pain.

"Well the good news is the effects are temporary. Bad news is it's going to take a week or so before you start feeling like yourself again. I can give you something for the pain and some stims to help speed your physical recovery." He hands Nova some medicine and grunts, "We're getting low on everything so this is the most I can give you. I suggest some rack time."
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 70

After seeing the line of injured, Halko forgets about his worries of some lingering spook presence in his mind and simply helps Nova get checked out.

When Doctor Links turns up, Halko turns and takes a few steps away so that Nova will have some privacy. He also starts to scan the crowd, looking for anyone that he might know. After a few minutes he realizes that he looking for Lieutenant Faux. Crap, I hope she made it through that mess in the hangar. She should be getting a metal. If she hadn't warned me to be on my toes we could have been locked down in our berthing and the King Spook would be in charge.

His thoughts are disturbed when Links turns Nova loose with the suggestion of some rack time. Halko nods to the officers and says, "Thank you sir. I'll make sure the Lieutenant gets back to his berthing."

Shuffled out of Medical, Halko begins to guide Nova back to the 1st SOG's berthing. "With the hit you took, a week doesn't seem that bad. I'm just glad we're not here patching up bullet holes." He gives Nova and apologetic grin as they walk down the corridor.

Unless Nova orders Halko to let him go off somewhere, Halko will walk with him all the way back to the berthing.

Go to Berthing
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 98

Conditions: -123 damage to Standard Armor main body, -25 to personal S.D.C.; -29 H.P., -4 to all combat actions, APM reduced by half, throbbing headache for the next hour (-30% to all skills), and you forget these skills for the next 10 days: Mathematics: Basic and W.P. Energy Rifle

Nova waits his turn patiently, no stranger to the hospital. "That Captain Cardea... That was a pretty good speech. Made it feel like we did some good, ya know?"
After Links offers his diagnosis, Nova replies "Just a week? Ya, s'not so bad..." Can't concentrate on anything with this headache! At least that bastard Jakartha got what he deserved... When Halko offers to take him to the Berthing, Nova lets him do just that. "This is like being hung over and stupid at the same time..."

Go to Berthing
Current Details

Current Gear:
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 45

Halko trots down the halls where they are clear of other traffic. Slowing as he nears sick bay, Sick bay was a mad house not too long ago. Best to keep out of the way until someone has time to talk. Halko walks in and looks for what passes as a front desk. Not being a medical emergency, Halko stays out of the way and waits as needed until he can ask, "Excuse me. I'm trying to find Lieutenant Faux. I'm told she is here. If she is and allowed visitors, would you be able to point me in the right direction?" He gives a big friendly smile as he waits.

If told she is gone or he can't see her, Halko will hold his smile and nod, thanking the person for their time before he turns and leaves.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 pm

A medic catches sight of Halko looking in need of some attention and approaches him. When told what he's looking for, the medic smiles and points out the way. When Halko arrives, he sees that Lieutenant Faux's head is turned to one side. She's in an unflattering hospital gown. Her leg on his side of the bed is one giant translucent cast from knee to hip. Her other leg is quite the contrast: smooth, supple with trained and limber muscle, and just enough subcutaneous fat to keep her from looking like a svelte Marine. She's rolling a STAR slug between the fingers of one hand when she catches sight of his approach. She turns her head reflexively to eye him. The left side of her face is one huge purplish-black bruise. "Oh frak. Not the day to see me at my most beautiful, Corp...Sergeant, eh? Congrats. You won't mind if a girl hides her blemishes." She turns the swollen and bruised side of her face away from him. "They'll have me patched up in a matter of days, but I'm still grounded and on LLD for two weeks thereafter thanks to some strong bastard mistaking my leg for the handle of a hammer and swinging me to the deck like a rag doll. Frakker snapped my femur like a dry twig in the process." She almost shakes her head in disbelief or self-admonishment, then winces thinking better of it. "Doc Links says my head injury is only cosmetic, so it must have been the pain that made me black out. Huh. Never blacked out from pain before. How'd your team fare?"
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 13

"Oh frak. Not the day to see me at my most beautiful, Corp...Sergeant, eh? Congrats. You won't mind if a girl hides her blemishes."

Halko smiles, happy to see she's awake. Frak, the way Sweet was talking, I half expected her to be in a coma. He moves toward the hospital bed keeping to her non-bruised side but he stays standing."Your the Lieutenant. By the way, Sweet says he's proud of you."

"They'll have me patched up in a matter of days, but I'm still grounded and on LLD for two weeks thereafter thanks to some strong bastard mistaking my leg for the handle of a hammer and swinging me to the deck like a rag doll. Frakker snapped my femur like a dry twig in the process." She almost shakes her head in disbelief or self-admonishment, then winces thinking better of it. "Doc Links says my head injury is only cosmetic, so it must have been the pain that made me black out. Huh. Never blacked out from pain before. How'd your team fare?"

Halko winces some as Lieutenant Faux describes what happened, but his smile returns as he starts talking, "We lost Gyn, the MAA that was assigned to our squad. We're not real sure how he ended up in CIC. No one had seen him since we came out of quarantine, but that's where we found him. Shot dead next to that ass, Jakartha." Halko chuckles a little. "Doc Links does great work, but it won't be able to un-mist Jakartha's head. Cairo eased around to the other door in CIC while the bastard was mind frakking the rest of us and smoked him."

Halko takes a breath and smiles at Lieutenant Faux again. "Two weeks leave doesn't sound too bad. We're shipping out again in a few days. We never seem to get too much time in the fleet. I guess that's one of the reasons we got a little suspicious. That and your warning. Thanks again." Halko blushes some as he remembers meeting up with Lieutenant Faux in engineering and the kiss he got before she left.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:05 am

Halko wrote:"You're the Lieutenant. By the way, Sweet says he's proud of you."

Lieutenant Faux smirks with half her face. "Sweet dished out praise? You gotta be kidding. Huh. Wonders will never cease. I thought that bastard only praised his parents for their wonderful genetic stock. Well, maybe there's more to that jerk than he lets on." She coughs a bit and winces mightily. "Don't look at me like that. I heal fast. By the time you're back, I'll be up and running circles around you again. So, that blowhard 'Driver popped Jakartha, eh? Good deal. I'll have to withhold my first few insults out of a sense of debt to him for that. Did I tell you that I had received orders from Jakartha the other day? That's what triggered my decision to let you know my suspicions. He was trying to get me and some others transferred to the Profit Motive of all places...like a cargo ship needs someone with my training or abilities! Guess he just wanted some of us outta his hair, the frakker."

Halko wrote:Halko takes a breath and smiles at Lieutenant Faux again. "Two weeks leave doesn't sound too bad. We're shipping out again in a few days. We never seem to get too much time in the fleet. I guess that's one of the reasons we got a little suspicious. That and your warning. Thanks again." Halko blushes some as he remembers meeting up with Lieutenant Faux in engineering and the kiss he got before she left.

"Two weeks convalescence...that's like two weeks of in the hells. I'm an active girl! Ugh!" With the thanks, she reaches out and takes his hand. She gives it a warm squeeze. "We'll have to catch up some when you get back." Another squeeze, this time longer. "One request though--since you're outbound and all--if you come across some proper whiskey or cigars...treat a girl, okay? I'll make it worth your while. Us squadron dopes don't often get out like you soggers." She starts coughing again, and Doc Links is there over Halko's shoulder.

"Okay, enough heavy petting from you rutting kids. Get outta here, Sergeant. Playtime's over for the day, my patient needs rest..." Jez starts to protest, "and some duct tape over her mouth perhaps." Jez shuts up. Halko is ushered out of sick bay with an order not to return until tomorrow unless he or someone else is bleeding from the eyes.
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 47

Halko smiles when Lieutenant Faux takes his hand. When she asks for whiskey and cigars, Halko grins, Supplies must be getting low all around. I guess we've missed just how bad its getting because we're outta the fleet most of the time. "Seems everyone is asking for something these days. I think the new unofficial order is to scrounge whatever we can when we're out and about. I'll put booze and smokes at the top of my list." He gives her another grin as she starts coughing again.

Halko blushes as Doc Links has him ushered out and away from Lieutenant Faux. When he's deposited outside sickbay he gives the corridor a look in both directions before heading back to the berthing to rest up before the briefing.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9
Military Etiquette 80%/1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 20,1d100 = 86
[Briefing Day]

(I'm guessing it's still bustling, so posting accordingly)
Ryden walks into medical and finds an attendant. "Hey, I need to book an appointment to talk to the Doc sometime in the next two days. Any chance he's got availability? Need to ask him some questions about my eyes."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:12 am

(rolls held)
Getting his appointment for tomorrow (Day 2) in the morning, he thanks the attendant and steps out, trying to stay out of the way. He heads back to the Hanger Bay to get started on their various projects.

(Hanger Bay)
Current Details

ImageImage

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 11,1d100 = 34

Day 2
As Ryden lies in bed after his morning refreshment, before he gets going, he grabs his datapad and begins looking for specs and testing data for the nanites that make up the active parts of their goggles. He would need that information later when he talked to the doctor. In particular he looks for how they interact with sensitive tissue like the eyes. For his idea to work, it will have to be non-harmful to the eye. If he runs into a problem with classified information, he puts in a request for access, citing mission critical data for field work by Arismal special forces operatives to extend their safety in the field. He leaves a message for the crew that he has an appointment in medical at 0845 and will go to the Hanger Bay for work on the ship afterwards.

He heads to medical, checking in 15 minutes before his appointment. When he is seen by the Doctor, he greets the spook with a nod and a smile. "I need your expertise Doc. 1st SOG is going out of the fleet soon and into close proximity to aliens. I know we have corrective lenses available, but has anyone looked at the idea of using the same nanites that are on our goggles on them? I pulled the specs for it, but aside form some stuff I've dealt with before, most of this medical data is as alien to me as the critters outside the fleet. Any chance I can get you to look over this and tell me if it would even work and not blind whoever put them on? Basically I want to modify them to cover contacts with no vision correction but allow for auto-darkening like our goggles and ideally the video link as well. I would think the contact itself would protect the eye, but as I'm not willing to gamble with my vision, I'd like you to double check me. I know you've got a lot to do, so if there's anything you need done, perhaps something from outside the fleet, I'll do what I can to make it happen." If the doc insists on some sort of checkup, Ryden relents, but only if he insists.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Ryden wrote:0845
"I need your expertise Doc. 1st SOG is going out of the fleet soon and into close proximity to aliens. I know we have corrective lenses available, but has anyone looked at the idea of using the same nanites that are on our goggles on them? I pulled the specs for it, but aside form some stuff I've dealt with before, most of this medical data is as alien to me as the critters outside the fleet. Any chance I can get you to look over this and tell me if it would even work and not blind whoever put them on? Basically I want to modify them to cover contacts with no vision correction but allow for auto-darkening like our goggles and ideally the video link as well. I would think the contact itself would protect the eye, but as I'm not willing to gamble with my vision, I'd like you to double check me. I know you've got a lot to do, so if there's anything you need done, perhaps something from outside the fleet, I'll do what I can to make it happen."

Doc Links crosses his arms contemplatively as he listens. When Ryden is done he pipes up with a sigh. "With such fine cybernetics it's always a matter of making the most of what little capacity exists for instrumentation. At present, only fully cybernetic optical replacements like that pilot, Myka, had can accommodate multiple features. A single lens by itself might be able to accommodate polarization filters, or perhaps ultraviolet wavelength translation, or even wireless data overlay, but size limits the capacity of such things. Nanites are what make even that degree of miniaturization possible. The Atorians might have greater technical ability in this regard, and I say might because the cybernetic eyes that Myka has are really no better than what we can provide when the patient is willing, but we don't know if what she received was an example of top of the line or substandard tech." The older man sighs, scuffs a bit of caked blood from the top of one of his shoes, and looks back up at Ryden. "What you want is possible, and not too terribly difficult to fabricate in our labs here given the proper authorization for such resources, but you'll have to decide what feature is most important for you given the necessary trade-offs."

The doctor takes a seat on a nearby stool and steeples his fingers on his knee thoughtfully. "As to your implicit bribe, I can think of two things: a FIN account with a couple hours of prepaid access so I can do medical research when the Admir...when the Captain allows use of gravcomms, and a reference library on the Mull Tiaii Fassinae or Perola's medical research--neither of which, I imagine, will be easy to come by. You bring me back these things, and I'd be willing to wager better results with future projects such as your contact lenses."
Augur
Admin

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 pm

(rolls held)

Ryden doesn't hesitate. "That's easy - light filtering. I can probably find some off the rack goggles that will accept incoming signals, but light filtering contacts to Arismal specs are going to be insanely difficult to find. Any chance you can work some up over the next two days, assuming I can get authorization and the nanites to you? We're about to ship out and the less we look like Arismal where we are going, the better. I'll do what I can regarding the requests." He makes notes as he speaks.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Doc Links smiles. "You'll have to go through me to get those medical nanites, so why don't I just save you that extra step and get these made myself. I have a medtech whose a whiz with micronized tech. If I push him hard and make him neglect his other duties, I should be able to have him custom make two pairs of lenses per day. How much time do you have, just the two days?"
Augur
Admin

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:16 pm

(Rolls Held)
"Yes Sir. We ship out after 3 days time. What's the wear time of them? A day, two, more?"
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:25 pm

"Oh, with proper care and nightly disinfection they should last a good month or so. These won't be disposable lenses, after all. There's no sense in putting such care, time, and resources into short-lived things like that," Doc responds. "Six pairs then, eh? Fine. Fine. Get your newly frocked butt in here before you depart. You just make sure to treat your Doctor to a house call as soon as you're able when you return. And son...good luck out there. The prayers of the whole of the fleet go with you. Now get out of here. I have people to care for."
Augur
Admin

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:35 pm

(rolls held)
Ryden nods. "You got it! I'll do my best on the access. I think I can make it work though. We'll need some care instructions for those, but I can pick it up when I pick up the lenses." He shakes the doctor's hand, leaving Medical with a smile on his face.

On his way out he emails Nova.

Subject: Development on Covers
    Got a line on some light dampening contacts for the team. We have six pairs and they'll last a month with proper care. I pick them up the day we leave. We'll have to get some goggles without light dampening in them once we hit the station. We owe Doc Links big time, but whatev.
    Brainiac
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 am

Ryden wrote:
    Subject: Development on Covers
    Got a line on some light dampening contacts for the team. We have six pairs and they'll last a month with proper care. I pick them up the day we leave. We'll have to get some goggles without light dampening in them once we hit the station. We owe Doc Links big time, but whatev.
    Brainiac

Subject: RE: Development on Covers
I knew you were up to something good. I'm still dredging through the intel to see what I can do for us. I'll send info once I'm further along. Tell Links I say hi.
Current Details

Current Gear:
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sun May 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 19 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 7

CJ walks in to Sick Bay quietly (listening for any interesting conversations). If/when Doc Links has a few minutes he waves (though now 25 lbs bigger than when they left for Grymdin, hopefully he is still recognizable), "Hi Doc. Here to drop a couple pints with you. On Grymdin I seem to have picked up a couple unexpected draws from the old genetic-deck, feel free to run any tests needed."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 54, 1300

Doc Links looks over his shoulder from where he's treating a prone and unconscious man to give Cairo a nod. "While interesting, I've got my hands full at moment," he holds up his gloved and blood-smeared hands to illustrate his point. He nods at a nurse who's passing by at the moment, and she quickly nods in return, puts a delicate hand at the small of CJ's back, and ushers him to a chair.

Tying her dark brown hair back from from her face into a quick and loose ponytail, Cairo sees the dark circles under her eyes, then notices that everyone in sick bay looks similarly fatigued, if a bit less thin than when he last visited. She speaks to Cairo in a hushed voice as she gets to work cleaning and prepping his arm for the procedure. "We could use all the blood we can get, so this is much appreciated. We've lost two patients over the past week for lack of transfusable blood. What with the fleet just now getting back on a regular nutritional track, most people have been medically unfit to donate blood." Her face is intent with concentration as she plunges the needle expertly into his arm.

"We'll scan your DNA from a blood sample and let you know what, if anything, is worth reporting." Once the procedure is complete (time reflects completion time), Cairo is encouraged to take a moment before getting up and getting out.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Mon May 28, 2018 10:55 am

OOC Comments
CJ read up on the Fleet updates before he left the 1st SOG Berthing in this post

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 14 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

Cairo watches his blood draining out of his arm via a plastic tube getting slightly light-headed towards the end as the cute nurse talks, "I am uhhhh glad I could help. What's your name Miss?"

Whatever name is given, CJ offers a smile but keeps his voice down, "A pleasure. Quota's back up to near 1500 calories now right? Have they brought back anything good from Chamdra ... Chandrakhant? I mean anything's got to be better than that paste stuff from before, but there's something about a nice steak." If she does not seem inclined to talk, CJ will cut off abashedly and just wait (thankful that it's a bit hard to blush when, your body is currently draining blood).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:57 am

"Nurse Serkan. No time for chit-chat, shipmate. I'm shortly off to the Profit Motive to help Captain Janicus and Ms. Jeļena to get their hydroponics operation set-up." When the obvious question as to why that would require a nurse comes up, her response is emotionally taut and direct. "My family were farmers." While the blood draw is being done, she's quite busy doing at least five other things. Near the end of the procedure, Cairo watches as she gives Doc Links a brief hug and exchange inaudible whispers. She then shoulders a heavy bag, comes over to Cairo, ties him off, and tells him to get something to eat and take it easy for the next twenty-four hours. She then departs sick bay as he rises slowly to his feet.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 1 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 5

CJ's mouth tightens in sympathy for Serkan but he sees no need to ask any more of her time, as apparently there isn't any. Before leaving Sick Bay, he arranges for his blood analysis results to be emailed to him privately. If the Doc appears to have a moment at any point Cairo speaks quietly with him before leaving, "Brainiac brought some stuff back for you I think, he'll probably be by in the next couple days. Take care."

With that, he heads off to [[ R&D ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to A.D.F.S. Dauntless