18) Merchants' Guild House

The Market District is the economic heart of Llorn. People of all stations intermingle among the shops and stores.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Netosa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Merchants' Guild House

The guild house is a large, walled estate with manicured lawns and flowering gardens. The estate consists of three buildings, only one of which is open to non-guild members. To enter the complex one must go through the Visitors' House. Here, non-guild members may come to join or to inquire about obtaining their services. The building itself is a three-story structure of wood and stone that houses offices, waiting rooms and conference chambers. Beyond the Visitors' House are a pair of ornate stone buildings. The larger of the two is the Guild treasury, which is also the residence for the Llornian Guild Ambassador and his family, and has a dozen guest rooms. The vault where the money is kept is heavily warded and is guarded by a 4th level Mind Mage and four 3rd-6th level Soldiers. The vault door has both a key lock (the Ambassador has the key) and a combination lock. Downstairs is an extensive library with books on official trade routes and trade laws of every city and region within the Domain of Man. There is also considerable information about the practices of Timiro, Bizantium and Western merchants. The current Ambassador, Thomas Harper (llth level, human merchant, 65 years old, principled), is a kindly old man who has kept his keen business sense despite his age. The smaller building is home to three dozen Soldiers and four Mind Mages employed by the guild house for security. The building also houses the Collection Department and its accompaniment of a dozen Master Collectors (see the O.C.C. description elsewhere in this book) as well as 12 A-List Collectors and 24 B-List Collectors. The Llornian Collectors are on good terms with the thieves' guild because it discourages theft from the Merchants' Guild and in return, the Collectors track down and eliminate non-thieves' guild members operating in the city. Both also exchange information with one another without a fee.

Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, CMG, Ducal Chartered

Accounts:
  • Tyral Oselar: 246,000 gold (Netosa 9/16/2018)
  • Thorgrim: 45,345 gold (Netosa 9/25/2018)
  • Tolliver Trask: 130,000 gold (Netosa 10/11/2018)
  • Silhouette: 7,140 Gold (Snafu 02/08/2017)
  • Fox: 8,000 gold (Augur 9/18/2018)
  • Durak: 3,000 gold (Augur 9/18/2018)

Werrington's is the primary bank and financial service of choice in Llorn. Every major enterprise in Llorn uses them from the lowest caravan of easterner merchants coming to port all the way to the Vas Passeons themselves. The security of and rate of return on deposits in accounts with Werringtons are both nigh legendary. The bank has never been successfully robbed since being established during the rule of the first Vas Passeon Duke. There are rumors that the owning family, the Werringtons, are of Western descent originally and came East with Mistoan Vas Passeon who founded the Ducal dynasty. The families appear to remain close and on good terms. The Werringtons may not be 'noble' however they might as well be in Llorn.

The bank was a founding member of the Coalition of Merchants Guild and remains extremely influential within mercantile and financial quarters. A major investor throughout the Eastern region Werringtons is a known brand and a financial name that inspires trust and confidence in the fulfillment of any and all obligations. This branch of services includes Scripts of Credit, personal and business loans, and the ever present eye of the bank for possibly profitable investments. Currencies may be exchanged here for into any denomination in the world for a 5% fee. The notable exception is the coin of the Wolfen Empire which is neither issued nor accepted in any form for any transaction. Werringtons also has a reputation for having shrewd negotiators and aggressive financial practices that cause some to question just how far they will go for more profit.

Werringtons is a central hub for large exchanges both between the East and West, being a facilitator of investors from as far away as Caer Itom and the banking system of the Western Empire. They also are the major financial broker for the Red Brigade Llornian Mercenaries officiating over significantly sized contracts and being the holders of any deposit or bond stipulated by the contracting parties. This service of brokering and acting as a trusted agent for significant contracts is available for other matters of significance as well.

At any given time there is no less than 5 million gold and sometimes as much as 10 or 12 million gold in hard cash in reserve in the vault of Werringtons. Significantly more paper wealth belongs to the bank in the various accounts, contracts, and scripts that are constantly being passed throughout the East using Werringtons as a clearing house and financial backer.
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 76

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre walks in the front doors, trying to look as nonthreatening as possible. He look around closely.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 85 / 72%
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 15 / 62%
Surveillance - 1d100 = 98 / 77%
Streetwise - 1d100 = 9 / 71%

Wonder why the collectors are having such a hard time with tracking these guys down? He walks up to the nearest official from the bank and says, "I would like to speak with the ambassador about the recent problems you have been having. The name is Predat Tor, recently retired from the Red Brigade. If you need it, Captain De'Vaue of the Duke's guard can speak to my intentions and abilities. Lead on."
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 71
JIC 1d100 = 15 1d20 = 14

Durak enters the bank after Predat, as he takes a look around as they wait. A place like this would surely have had Dwarves working on it and he wanted to see what they had done. Any trouble was not going to be in the foyer, but in the vaults. Durak relaxes a little, not expecting any trouble at the moment.

He wasn't much of a talker so he let Predat lead.

OOC Comments
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76% (+5%)1d100 = 59 PASS
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 34 PASS
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 33 PASS
Masonry 61% 1d100 = 27 PASS
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 86
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 14
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 85

PPE: 229/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

Tyral and Brago walk serenely into Werringtons a few steps behind Predat and Durak. If addressed, the Wizard offers a friendly greeting (Charm/Impress: 80%:1d100 = 35) in introduction, "Greetings, I am Tyral Osarelar. I imagine Grandmaster Melinka of the Brotherhood of Magic should suffice if someone is needed to vouch for my trustworthiness."

Thoth's Beard my damn account here should be sufficient to attest to my personal interest in this place remaining secure
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:45 am

JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 46
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 5

Security Systems -- 37% / 1d100 = 89 (Minding security strength's and weaknesses)
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors -- 47%/ 1d100 = 64 (Rolled into minding security strength's and weaknesses)
Streetwise -- 38% / 1d100 = 34 (Attending to the types of people present as well as those coming, and going.)
Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 37 (General eavesdropping on administrators.)

The city having finally begun to relax it's grasp on the people meant that Silhouette too like many others could once again choose their own way. The work being rough and laborious was still worth a lukewarm meal and a warm bed for many as their only means and for others a path of which they were quickly squeezed out from. You could see it at every corner on the way to the Merchant's Guild house if you knew where to look. The women unable to work due to child, physicality, or otherwise were easily tricked into other services, some willing or otherwise. Knowing this of this brought memories of the changeling's own childhood internment at the hands of immoral peoples as a plaything to be abused, held up for sake of a symbol of defeat.

For a warrior it was often a battle to preserve life while preserving honor, but for others it appears as if a necessary choice of which matters most. Silhouette goes to the Bounty hunters guild remembering one of her father's lessons,"Duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes." Remembering the then Blade Mage in training the forsaken mage now smiles and remembers the part he would introduce about "protecting the world."

Wishing her father were alive to give just one more of his lectures with that stern and ill temper of his that often lead to a moments smile of gratitude in a lesson understood, Silhouette collects the details of the sought "duty" ahead, thinking the rest of the pragmatic lesson,"But saving the world didn't have to exclude making coin while you did or else your duty would find its end on an empty stomach rather than an enemies sword."

And Silhouette has learned that there was probably no where in Llorn that one could find as much coin except Werringtons, especially if the dragon's horde had all been stored within, which someone seems to have found a way into stealing. She found herself a touch jealous at that. She might have tried herself, but wards, magical sentries, and whatever tricks the city's mage's guild had were not something she'd venture alone. At that consideration she goes to stand by Durak,"Do you think you could get inside Werrington's if you tried? Besides any magical defense?"
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Augur » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1130
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Predat looks once again to the note as he walks toward the walled complex of buildings known collectively as the Merchant's Guild House.
    Werrington's has suffered a number of recent break-in attempts.
    The authorities are keeping a tight lid of this while they conduct their own bumbling investigation.
    The nature of the break-ins suggests you and your friends ought to look into the matter.

    ~S~

Durak and Silhouette keep close on Predat's heels and follow him to beneath the cover of the tree's branches swaying in the wet breeze.

Before he reaches the gates, Predat notices a flash of light in his eyes. He spots a reflected light coming from a figure standing beneath a tree remarkably untouched by the recent fires and ravages. The figure is using a mirror to shine sunlight in Predat's eyes. (Predat is being signaled--streetwise) The shape of the figure, if not its aspect in particular seems terribly familiar. Once Predat starts to head in the direction of the figure, the mirror vanishes into the black, heavy, hooded cloak worn by the figure. Approaching more closely, the figure speaks in a low tone as it turns its head. "Just stand beneath the tree as if to escape the rain." The voice is unmistakably that of Silk. After a moment wherein those present try shake their cloaks dry, Silk receives confirmation that these others are colleagues of Predat's. "That haughty elf and his stupid mutt are too much. They would have drawn attention. You'll catch up with them in Werrington's where they were headed anyway. To the point of my note: someone has kidnapped Evard--the broker who handled your," Silk is clearly implying the plural 'your', "bounty resolution from dealing with the Western Prince. It was not anyone in the thieve's guild, of that I can assure you. This is definitely a matter you'll want to look into. One of our own has already turned up dead after beginning to investigate this. Also, a great many local young toughs and troublemakers have disappeared in the wake of the dragon's attack...ones who were known to have survived. Something's amiss. Something very dangerous." A bough bends under the weight of rain and soot and dumps a dirty wet mass across the cloaked heads and shoulders of Predat, Durak, and Silhouette. When next they look up, the figure is gone.




Tyral and Brago, not exactly ones to blend in in such an environment, are essentially drawn away from following the others and head directly through the gates and towards Werrington's. Neither seems aware of what just happened to them. The others and their whereabouts suddenly just slip their minds. Tyral finds the inside of Werrington's far preferable to the whims of nature at present. The stone floor of the foyer is clean and relatively dry. An attendant takes wet cloaks from clientele and shakes them out in an adjoining chamber before hanging them on hooks in the foyer. A desiccating rug rests on the floor before one enters the business chamber's well appointed halls and offices. As always, the woodworking is fine in detail and exceptional in quality, the staff courteous and professional, if a bit stiff, and clients with large accounts are well treated. Tyral's met by a grey-bearded fellow with ornamental epaulets on his otherwise gaudy, but conventional jacket. Tyral introduces himself brusquely, "Greetings, I am Tyral Osarelar. I imagine Grandmaster Melinka of the Brotherhood of Magic should suffice if someone is needed to vouch for my trustworthiness."

"Sir," the fellow bows slightly at the waist, "how may Werrington's be of service to you today?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 62

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

He nods to Silk, looking concerned, "Thanks for the heads up. We will check on it, sorry about your guildmate." Tell me they didn't collect on a bounty from the royal house in the Western Empire? They wouldn't have? Would they?

As Silk disappears he wipes the rain from his brow smiling, Nice Silk, I owe you one. Pre then turns to Sil, "Sil, what did you all do after you killed that western noble? Someone said he was from the emperor's own house, correct? You didn't collect on that bounty, right?" Pre shakes his head, "Better question, you didn't collect the bounty personally did you? You used an intermediary, right?" He looks at Sil closely, trying to get anything from her reaction.

Interrogation Techniques - 1d100 = 42 / 77%
Base Skill to Read People - 1d100 = 83 / 65%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:41 am

perception 50% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 41 1d20 = 1

Augur wrote:"Just stand beneath the tree as if to escape the rain." The voice is unmistakably that of Silk. After a moment wherein those present try shake their cloaks dry, Silk receives confirmation that these others are colleagues of Predat's. "That haughty elf and his stupid mutt are too much. They would have drawn attention. You'll catch up with them in Werrington's where they were headed anyway. To the point of my note: someone has kidnapped Evard--the broker who handled your," Silk is clearly implying the plural 'your', "bounty resolution from dealing with the Western Prince. It was not anyone in the thieve's guild, of that I can assure you. This is definitely a matter you'll want to look into. One of our own has already turned up dead after beginning to investigate this. Also, a great many local young toughs and troublemakers have disappeared in the wake of the dragon's attack...ones who were known to have survived. Something's amiss. Something very dangerous." A bough bends under the weight of rain and soot and dumps a dirty wet mass across the cloaked heads and shoulders of Predat, Durak, and Silhouette. When next they look up, the figure is gone.


Durak keeps quiet as he follows Predat under the tree and listened to what was being said. Mayhap this Silk was a contact of Predat's, but from where? Her use of the term guild certainly suggests an affiliation that were not friendly to Durak; had this person known this, he doubted he would have heard the conversation and would have gone ahead with Tyral. As the water lands on him, he shakes himself off as best he can, wishing that he had arrange to put in the ability to protect himself from the rain into this cloak. Maybe something to consider.

OOC Comments
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 90


Predat wrote:"Sil, what did you all do after you killed that western noble? Someone said he was from the emperor's own house, correct? You didn't collect on that bounty, right?" Pre shakes his head, "Better question, you didn't collect the bounty personally did you? You used an intermediary, right?"


Durak sighs inwardly, having forgotten that a lot of this crew were not as law abiding as Fox and he.

"What happened and why? Durak's voice sounds both despairing and annoyed; this had obviously happened before he had joined the group judging by Sil's antsy behaviour earlier. Sometimes, precise elimination of a target was required in the Red Brigade, but if this involved whom he suspected it did, then it was debatable whether the person had deserved it.


At Werringtons

Silhouette wrote:At that consideration she goes to stand by Durak,"Do you think you could get inside Werrington's if you tried? Besides any magical defense?"


Durak takes this as part of the job, assessing the bank for weaknesses.

"I would need to look around more, get a better sense of where everything is first and in relation to other things. Depends also on what else is nearby," he looks down at the ground, tapping the floor with his foot, "any access from the tunnels possibly. Easier to come at something from the direction they don't expect. This is certainly not a job you would do by yourself. To many variables to consider and skillsets needed. A job like this would require a crew. Now, it also depends on why they are trying to get in and to which area? The main vault with the gold; you would want several bodies to move that amount of gold. Maybe fast talking your way into the area with the depository and then unveiling a few other abilities to get access to a box. That would presume a particular target and not just aiming at random boxes with who knows what inside," he pauses for breath for a second before continuing, "Anywhere is accessible; somewhere like this requires a lot of money and not stupidity. To keep it quiet means professionals and professionals want to get paid very well for their services."
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 56
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 26

PPE: 229/229 [-6=223]
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

Augur wrote:Tyral and Brago, not exactly ones to blend in in such an environment, are essentially drawn away from following the others and head directly through the gates and towards Werrington's. Neither seems aware of what just happened to them. The others and their whereabouts suddenly just slip their minds. Tyral finds the inside of Werrington's far preferable to the whims of nature at present. The stone floor of the foyer is clean and relatively dry. An attendant takes wet cloaks from clientele and shakes them out in an adjoining chamber before hanging them on hooks in the foyer. A desiccating rug rests on the floor before one enters the business chamber's well appointed halls and offices. As always, the woodworking is fine in detail and exceptional in quality, the staff courteous and professional, if a bit stiff, and clients with large accounts are well treated.


Tyral steps into Werringtons calmly and casts Cleanse (6 P.P.E., Self / 10') to banish the soaking rains which have permeated his clothing during the walk, so that he steps onward dry and comfortable.

Augur wrote:"Sir," the fellow bows slightly at the waist, "How may Werrington's be of service to you today?"


The Wizard offers a friendly but troubled smile to the clerk "Somewhere quiet to speak perhaps?" If a room is provided (or the fellow declines) he leans in quietly to speak discreetly, "I fear I have received some troubling word from sources about town. Something about there having been thefts here. I maintain an account here, as do a number of the Brotherhood's members. Can you tell me Sir if these whispers carried truth? ... and what is being done."

If the others have by this time joined him, Tyral offers a polite wave of greeting.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:14 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 22 1d20 = 12
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 95

Lore: Culture & Customs (Eastern Territory) 37% /1d100 = 51(For decorum)
Listening and Awareness -- 34% /1d100 = 40 (Minding if she hears someone following or moving about to their sides.)


Predate wrote:"Sil, what did you all do after you killed that western noble? Someone said he was from the emperor's own house, correct? You didn't collect on that bounty, right?" Pre shakes his head, "Better question, you didn't collect the bounty personally did you? You used an intermediary, right?


Silhouette's eyes go wide as the branch bends and throws her cloak over her head announcing for all her disdain,"EWWWWWW!" Peeking her head out from under the torrent and seeing the woman gone she quirks her mouth in annoyance. While shaking her cloak out stepping forward so that velocity and gravity shake the remains behind her she settles down giving Predat a narrowing set of eyes in response to his question.

Crossing her arms defensively she answers,"I did not hear her say anything about killing and doesn't Prince imply he would have been a Kings...well Emperor's child?" She felt a great deal more at ease having brushed up on her human history and of Llorn. She didn't feel like a frog in a desert not knowing sand for water.

Pausing at mention of the woman that just escaped them,"Who was that anyway? She didn't give us a chance to ask anything she couldn't have slipped into your note." Breathing in and letting out a long breath Silhouette faces the giant lizard, mostly that for his actually short stature he was the next best thing to standing beside Death itself,"If you want to know who did what and how, you'll have to go to the White Knight..." Smiling widely she corrects,"Ser Sincerus, should you care to ply your questions." Dismissively waving a hand toward the now empty tree's bows, she adds,"Or ask your flighty friend. She seems to know so much and tell little."

Durak wrote:"What happened and why?


Having fought a demon, an elemental, and a dragon beside the green man hadn't built up any trust or love on her part for him, not that she loved Tyral or trusted him fully either, she at least knew that Tyral would be an ass at the drop of a hat as required. Finalizing her answer she says,"Whatever did happen we are not... Tied... To..."
Sucking her teeth she makes a click with her tongue,"Who is Evard? I have no knowledge of that person." Her attention floating like a butterfly around them Silhouette then focuses on Predat and Durak,"Is that someone either of you had dealings with?"


Durak wrote:Durak takes this as part of the job, assessing the bank for weaknesses.

"I would need to look around more, get a better sense of where everything is first and in relation to other things. Depends also on what else is nearby," he looks down at the ground, tapping the floor with his foot, "any access from the tunnels possibly. Easier to come at something from the direction they don't expect. This is certainly not a job you would do by yourself. To many variables to consider and skillsets needed. A job like this would require a crew. Now, it also depends on why they are trying to get in and to which area? The main vault with the gold; you would want several bodies to move that amount of gold. Maybe fast talking your way into the area with the depository and then unveiling a few other abilities to get access to a box. That would presume a particular target and not just aiming at random boxes with who knows what inside," he pauses for breath for a second before continuing, "Anywhere is accessible; somewhere like this requires a lot of money and not stupidity. To keep it quiet means professionals and professionals want to get paid very well for their services."


Thinking it through Silhouette concludes,"And that seems why this Evard might have been abducted." Nodding her head almost in approval at the thieves choice, she adds,"Good thinking that. If he talked enough they'd have enough to make a good plan." She didn't add that some could, like her, ply the questions without the victim even knowing he was answering from deep within the mind. Shrugging she responds, her months of library reading coming out in her words,"Well, lets be off to the bank. I believe we can find this Evard with a small degree of effort and perhaps his favorite drinking mug."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1135
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


"Streetwise Etc. Response"
RE: Streetwise: Werrington's is immaculate, elegant, and a fortress all at once. Despite the overall sophistication and beauty of the layout and presentation of the lobby space the actual structure, the layout itself, and the numerous discreetly armed guards provide a level of visible physical security that is difficult to match. As for a vault, there is not one visible from the lobby.


- - -

OOC Comments
All PCs have arrived at Werrington's by this point. You may continue as necessary to conclude your conversation etc. prior to arrival, but post into the scene at Werrington's and/or the sitting room to continue moving forward.


Tyral's words cause the eyes of the banker to widen momentarily before they narrow and flit across the room gauging who might have heard before they resettle on the elven man. When he speaks it is with a confident, even authoritative, tone. "I can assure you Ser that there have been no thefts at Werrington's. And there never have been." he says in a manner that appears to leave no room for disagreement. "Perhaps the Ser should be careful where he might bandy such harmful rumors about? Such aspersions could cause considerable distress to those who were foolish enough to believe them." In this moment the young banker is approached by an older man with graying sideburns yet a less refined wardrobe. A longstanding yet junior banker perhaps? This man eyes Tyral even as he leans in to speak to his younger superior in a whispered tone.

After a moment the look on the face of the young banker changes, he clearly appreciates what is imparted to him by his colleague, and he looks at Tyral with a newfound eagerness. "I've just been informed of some of your history with the bank. And the current status of your, quite respectable, accounts. And indeed your connection to another matter that may have some connection to the unfortunate rumors you have heard. Perhaps the Ser and his party would care to take tea or coffee in the sea-ward sitting room? There is a pleasant breeze from off of the water and the view is quite nice. And I will discuss the matter you are connected to with my fa- ah, Guild Master Werrington and rejoin you shortly."

Those who accept are lead from the main lobby of the bank through a couple of side passages, up a gently sloping flight of elegant stairs, and into a sitting room with large (open) bay windows that overlook the seaside and do indeed let in the promised breeze. The furniture is plentiful, pristine, and appears both elegant and delicate. Servants who were attending to the room in perfectly proper form while it was empty seem almost eager to bring tea, biscuits, and otherwise attend to any reasonable requests while the party waits.
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 am

perception 50% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 38 1d20 = 10

Silhouette wrote:Finalizing her answer she says,"Whatever did happen we are not... Tied... To..." Sucking her teeth she makes a click with her tongue, "Who is Evard? I have no knowledge of that person." Her attention floating like a butterfly around them Silhouette then focuses on Predat and Durak,"Is that someone either of you had dealings with?"


Durak gives a disapproving look at both of them.
"That's not really an answer is it. We have places to be, but we should revisit this conversation later. As for Evard, if he works for the same people as her," he indicates the tree with his head, sounding a little indignant, "then no, I have never had any dealings with him."

OOC Comments
Durak likes to uncover secrets. This possibly might not end well for him, considering he is one of the more law abiding members of the party.


Silhouette wrote:Thinking it through Silhouette concludes,"And that seems why this Evard might have been abducted." Nodding her head almost in approval at the thieves choice, she adds,"Good thinking that. If he talked enough they'd have enough to make a good plan." She didn't add that some could, like her, ply the questions without the victim even knowing he was answering from deep within the mind. Shrugging she responds, her months of library reading coming out in her words,"Well, lets be off to the bank. I believe we can find this Evard with a small degree of effort and perhaps his favorite drinking mug."


"Provided he is not lying face down in a trench somewhere with a freshly built wall over him." Durak errs on the side of caution and pessimism, "hard to reveal what you revealed when you are dead." he looks at Sil and remembers what he had been told earlier, "well harder anyway."


Werringtons

As Durak arrives with the others just as Tyral is shown into the back and accompanies him. As he wanders along, he inspects the place trying to piece together what he sees into a more fully formed picture.

"You obviously have a way with words Tyral that I have hitherforth not previously seen." Durak nibbles at a biscuit as they wait, almost absent mindedly backhandedly complimenting Tyral. The room looked very nice and Durak inspects it, showing respect for the workmanship.

OOC Comments
Masonry 61% 1d100 = 70
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 99
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 87 to do so not quite obviously
really need to get security systems
Really hasn't got a clue
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 27
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 6

PPE: 223/229 [-8=215]
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

Netosa wrote:Tyral's words cause the eyes of the banker to widen momentarily before they narrow and flit across the room gauging who might have heard before they resettle on the elven man ... "I can assure you Ser that there have been no thefts at Werrington's. And there never have been." ... After a moment the look on the face of the young banker changes, he clearly appreciates what is imparted to him by his colleague, and he looks at Tyral with a newfound eagerness. "I've just been informed of some of your history with the bank. And the current status of your, quite respectable, accounts. And indeed your connection to another matter that may have some connection to the unfortunate rumors you have heard. Perhaps the Ser and his party would care to take tea or coffee in the sea-ward sitting room? There is a pleasant breeze from off of the water and the view is quite nice. And I will discuss the matter you are connected to with my fa- ah, Guild Master Werrington and rejoin you shortly."


Tyral offers a friendly nod, he's not inclined to bluntly advise the young man that he had, in fact, prefaced the entire conversation with a request for somewhere private to speak. A request that was initially ignored.

Instead, he follows as directed making his way back to the sitting room, idly whispering a minor spell as he walks [Telekinesis, -8 P.P.E., 9.00 min, 60' range, 60lbs]. There, he takes a comfortable seat and appears to relax, although careful attention would allow one to notice the Wizard taking lengthy care to study the area around his seat, "Now Brago, no scratching up the furniture and do not bite any of the Staff, do you hear me? ... and Lopnel himself will have to save your hide if you lift your blasted leg in here."

Not that I think you would my friend. More of an ice breaker for the servants to gossip about when they are questioned later.

In response to Durak, he offers a self deprecating shrug,"I suppose anything is possible, but my words were less likely the reason than my association with Grandmaster Melinka. He likely keeps accounts here that make mine appear pocket change."

The Wizard then casually motions with one hand to Telekinetically summon a cup of tea and it's accompanying saucer to hover over to his seat.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:46 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 901d20 = 6
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 40


Durak wrote:"That's not really an answer is it. We have places to be, but we should revisit this conversation later. As for Evard, if he works for the same people as her," he indicates the tree with his head, sounding a little indignant, "then no, I have never had any dealings with him."


Sil's head turns and gives that look Tyral gives when she herself says something strange, however it is Sil giving over the bouquet of expressions to the dwarf this time. Though suggestive of Tyral's haughty reproach it was unlike the man's for she made sure to model her practice upon the elven Nobility of Llorn whose expressions were of refinement and permission to clear the misconception. Wholly unlike Tyral's that held a watery edge of pain, as if someone touched the stick he rode upon in his posterior. Turning her look upon Durak into a wider expression and light smile the changeling thinks,"Once we talk to them, I may be able to give you an answer more satisfying to your appetite. For now the morsel you may have..."

Her following words though are more Silhouette as she says,"You can't ask questions and be annoyed when others don't know. It's not fair at all!" Not that she'd been angry at others before for failing to give her what she wanted. Shaking her shoulders in a silent laugh she adds,"We can revisit as often as you like, but some horses just can't be made to get up, no matter the whipping you give."

Durak wrote:"Provided he is not lying face down in a trench somewhere with a freshly built wall over him." Durak errs on the side of caution and pessimism, "hard to reveal what you revealed when you are dead." he looks at Sil and remembers what he had been told earlier, "well harder anyway."


Cocking her head sideways in question she wonders aloud,"Harder, anyway?" Crunching her brow she ask directly,"What can get answers from the dead?"


Werringtons

Silhouette's skirts swish and sway as she evades puddles in her playful progress behind the dwarf and Predat arriving at Werrington's. Passing the threshold the forsaken mage is herself less in alarm to the hustle and bustle as she was the first time here. Following into the stately room for wealthy visitors the girl's expression lights up as she says,"I've been in a place like this before." Slipping past refined furniture the girl finds her way to the beverages looking as if a child flitting in search for candy, her unaffected words betrayed by her enthusiasm to search for her hearts desire.

Noting the staff hovering at her elbow Silhouette asks,"Do you have...tea? Steeped in water and tasting like a tart, sweet sour fruit?" She was dying inside realizing this opulent moment may be wasted. When she was with Braithwaite and the others in that dream of dreams she had a wonderful tea, but did not know the name. If she did, it would be orange and the first word off her lips.

Pausing suddenly the changeling slides her hands down her dress carefully recomposing herself as she clears her throat,"I do my best investigating after a nice cup of tea..." Smiling in excuse she waits in hope that they might translate her request accurately.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Netosa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1140
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


The servants are quick to cater to the preferences of all of those present. Tea and any reasonable accompaniments desired are provided for all. Brago is given a mild askance look by the senior Footman seeing to the room. Tyral's manner seems to mollify him somewhat however and he goes back to ensuring that all in the room is well. Tyral's small display of power in fetching himself some tea causes a few murmurs among the servants yet no further undue attention.

A few minutes later the young man who saw them into the room returns accompanied by two guards in Werrington livery and armor. Quietly he enters the room, leaving the door ajar, and approaches the senior Footman and whispers softly to him after which the servants depart the room while closing the door behind them, while the guards assume professionally silent manners to either side of the door. The young man then walks further into the room while giving a thin smile before he seats himself across from Tyral. "Please, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tevran Werrington, son of Guild Master Werrington, and a Senior Money-Changer and Accounts Manager with the House and Guild Bank here in Llorn. The reputation of your small association precedes you quite firmly in this instance however I should be quite pleased if you all might give me the honor of an introduction as well." he says.

(Tevran takes the time to make polite exchanges with each who do as requested.)

Werrington then adopts a more pained expression, a subject and manner which seems unpleasant for him as he continues. "I'm afraid there very much is something afoot and it is something which appears to concern your association directly. Some of you were involved in a matter of some delicacy previously. A matter which involved a figure of very great station in the society of the Western Empire. I don't wish to be circumspect about this affair, especially given the very personal stakes which tie you all to the current happenings."

A moment of pauses as the wealthy man sips from his own cup of tea, obviously gathering his thoughts before continuing onward. "Forgive me then for being direct. When Prince Vladimir Itomas was killed, there was a bounty paid for his death to those that were involved. This bounty was brokered in escrow by the bank, as is customary. The Senior Clerk who officiated over the transaction and disbursed the funds, signing and sealing the documents on the behalf of Werrington's, was a man you may not recall named Evard. He is a longstanding employee of my father. A man most loyal to the bank and to my family whom we would like to do right by if at all possible. Ah, I get ahead of myself. You see Evard has been kidnapped, as of last night, and a demand letter has been received this morning. And I am quite regretful to inform you that what they want is not money. They have demanded to know who the beneficiaries of the bounty were. They have demanded that we turn over any and all personal details we might have in your accounts to them in exchange for our loyal man. And that also makes it apparent that whether via one means or another they have obtained some of what they sought from Evard." he says, grimacing once again. "A most unpleasant business. And quite against the standards of the House and Guild. And yet you must understand we are now in something of a predicament. And that our interests in these most unfortunate circumstances are aligned."

Another pause as the man once again takes a moment to sip his tea, looking around the room thoughtfully. "My father is of the opinion that his man matters a great deal. And yet that his reputation and the integrity of the bank matters even more." he says, his manner light despite the seriousness of his tone and the subject upon which he speaks. "I have persuaded him however that the unique circumstances in which we find ourselves constitute an opportunity. To pursue our aligned interests, together. To that end, would your association consider taking on a contract from the House and Guild to recover our man Evard, preferably alive and in as good a condition as possible, while further investigating this affair? What would you consider a fair and agreeable remuneration for your time?"
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 58
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 64

PPE: 215/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14

Tyral offers a graceful smile at young Tevran's introduction and responds with his own, "A pleasure Master Werrington. I am Tyral Osarelar of the Brotherhood of Magic."

Once introductions are over, Tyral will nod thoughtfully in response to the unveiling of Evard the Werrington clerk's abduction, "I assisted in rescuing the lost children of Llorn from Vladimir, and I would do it again." He pauses to let anyone else chime in if they have a number (for payment) they are inclined to name, "This Evard, can you provide an image ...even a drawing of him? Do you have the letter itself?"
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 86
JIC 1d100 = 29 1d20 = 1

Silhouette wrote:Her following words though are more Silhouette as she says,"You can't ask questions and be annoyed when others don't know. It's not fair at all!" Not that she'd been angry at others before for failing to give her what she wanted. Shaking her shoulders in a silent laugh she adds,"We can revisit as often as you like, but some horses just can't be made to get up, no matter the whipping you give."


Durak gives her a look that says you do realise I was listening
"You do realise that you already admitted that to being involved in whatever this was by saying that it couldn't be traced back to you." he wags a finger at Sil, but with a smile on his face, "sounds like whomever this person who died was, he was important and that who killed him was kept quiet? Let us leave it at that and see what they say at Werringtons."

Silhouette wrote:Cocking her head sideways in question she wonders aloud,"Harder, anyway?" Crunching her brow she ask directly,"What can get answers from the dead?"


"Now I don't know much about magic beyond a lay person, I mean I could learn the ideas and theory behind it all, but that's a slippery slope," Durak stops himself, holding up his right index finger as he realises that he was rambling and getting off point, "Necromancers. They do things with corpses. I imagine they could do something like that."

Werringtons

Netosa wrote:"Please, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tevran Werrington, son of Guild Master Werrington, and a Senior Money-Changer and Accounts Manager with the House and Guild Bank here in Llorn. The reputation of your small association precedes you quite firmly in this instance however I should be quite pleased if you all might give me the honor of an introduction as well." he says.


"Durak son of Gurin, of Clan Stonesplitter at your service." he introduces himself, smiling or at least attempting to. He always felt a little uncomfortable in formal situations and never knew how to sit properly or what to say. He fidgets a little in his seat trying to get comfortable and sit in the right way or at least what he thought was the right way.

As Tevran explains the situation and Tyral admits his involvement, he gives Sil a look that says I knew it.

Netosa wrote:"I have persuaded him however that the unique circumstances in which we find ourselves constitute an opportunity. To pursue our aligned interests, together. To that end, would your association consider taking on a contract from the House and Guild to recover our man Evard, preferably alive and in as good a condition as possible, while further investigating this affair? What would you consider a fair and agreeable remuneration for your time?"


Tyral wrote:"I assisted in rescuing the lost children of Llorn from Vladimir, and I would do it again."


"Now we could ask for a stupidly obscene number for remuneration, but I don't want to insult you. This Evard means a lot to you, but not everything, but as a senior clerk, he would hold a great deal of knowledge and I would imagine that time is a factor here before he reveals what he knows and certain parties here become at risk.
Perhaps a similar figure to what is being offered for dealing with those orcs and what we find of their items."


"Now why was this person taking children?" Durak asks, "are those who took Evard connected to that activity perhaps? Where there any survivors whom we could question?"
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 34

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre almost completely ignores Sil's evasion of his questions. So they did collect the bounty themselves! Fools! They, and now we, are going to have to watch our backs more than normal. Imperial Janissaries are going to be hunting for us depending on what this Evard told them. He says to Durak, "Don't worry this noble deserved the fate they dolled out to him. Necromancer of the worst sort. He was praying on children."

He follows the rest into the bank giving Tyral a look that clearly says 'We need to talk.' When introductions begin he introduces himself, "Predat Tor, former agent of the Red Brigade and now member of this stalwart band." He then backs away and listens. After the moneychanger finishes Pre speaks up, "My contacts confirm what he said, more importantly i was assured that the guild was not involved in this kidnapping. Also, young toughs off the street are disappearing, again, not guild affiliated. So it looks like someone is putting together a team, but for what? The toughs aren't going to bother us much." He looks at the banker, "Do you know what he told them? What did he know? Who actually collected the bounty?" If they know even one name, they know us all after the damn dragon debacle.

Tyral wrote: "I assisted in rescuing the lost children of Llorn from Vladimir, and I would do it again." He pauses to let anyone else chime in if they have a number (for payment) they are inclined to name, "This Evard, can you provide an image ...even a drawing of him? Do you have the letter itself?"


Pre nods, "Yes he was a piece of work all right and needed to be put down, but he was a member of the imperial house wasn't he? You didn't need to collect the bounty! I am sure you made enough just from stopping him." Greed kills and you should know better Tyral, he says with his eyes.

Durak wrote: "Now we could ask for a stupidly obscene number for remuneration, but I don't want to insult you. This Evard means a lot to you, but not everything, but as a senior clerk, he would hold a great deal of knowledge and I would imagine that time is a factor here before he reveals what he knows and certain parties here become at risk. Perhaps a similar figure to what is being offered for dealing with those orcs and what we find of their items."


Pre almost looks shocked, I guess I can expect that from a Dwarf. We need to get paid, but they are bringing us in cause this job is as important to us as it is to them. Actually more so. He says quietly to Durak, "Durak, you understand that just because me and you didn't kill the noble or collect the bounty it won't matter. All that matters is we stand with the ones who did. They are here for blood and we need to hunt them down quick and ensure no messages were sent back to House Itomas."

Intelligence - 1d100 = 54 / 73% (To link things together)
Interrogation Techniques - 1d100 = 86 / 77% (Is the banker being straight?)
Skill to Read People - 1d100 = 17 / 65% (Is the banker being straight or any more details he is leaving out?)
Military Etiquette - 1d100 = 55 / 82% (Basic what would I do if given the assignment to hunt down the fools who collected a bounty on the noble)
Streetwise - 1d100 = 14 / 71% (Basic what would I do if given the assignment to hunt down the fools who collected a bounty on the noble)
Heraldry - 1d100 = 20 / 57%/57% (Basics)
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:51 am

rolls carried

Durak leans his head towards Predat and whispers.
"Maybe we should make Tyral and any others who took the bounty pay for us as they have gotten us into this mess. I don't mind getting paid less because we are saving people, but I do have some issue with greed being the reason behind all this. Durak stops for a second before adding, "I fully expect to get bargained down quite a bit. Start high, get beaten down to something more reasonable."


"Any idea how anybody knew Evard had facilitated the payment of the bounty and whom provided the funds for the bounty? Durak asks the moneylender.


OOC Comments
Bartering 51% 1d100 = 69 negotiate (badly it seems) with the lender
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:03 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Tyral offers a gracious nod in response [Charm/Impress 80%: EP Success], "Well it's not as though there was any point in covering up Vladimir's name. By my recollection he proclaimed it every cursed chance that he got, and given that there were something on the order of 4 dozen witnesses (the kids) who spent days on the road with us, and then likely told their various Parents and families ... as for why he was kidnapping children for ritual slaughter? I believe he mentioned the intent to march an army of undead back to the West and wrest control from an upstart stripling of an Emperor. Frankly the real question is who put up the coin for his head, the way I heard it, it was House Itomas either because they did not want something crazy distant-relative causing incidents and provoking other Kingdoms by slaughtering their children or because they did not want some Pretender who was masquerading under a high-born name to cast a shadow on their house, in no small part because this fellow looked to be around 35, but Vladimir Itomas was apparently exiled over 60 years ago, and you Humans just don't live that long ... comparatively speaking."

*Do I know what he was kidnapping children for?! Wake the frak up Durak, this has been discussed before. The bastard was attempting a ritual to wake one of the Old Ones, but that knowledge is hardly something to disclose to this Banker. So maybe you should fish some more jerky out of your beard and chew on it!*

"All told, it was not even a huge bounty, around 40,000 gold. There are debtors like the Lady Vas Tarens with much more significant bounties(OCC: She could be worth 120k), so this may be a bit of a false trail ... to throw us off something more well planned."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Rolls as above

Pre just grins at Durak, "Not a bad idea, but no that necromancer was scum of the highest order and desired a nasty demise, so these guys deserved whatever pay they got. I just wished that they would have been a bit more discreet in collecting on the bounty. I get it, I'm still used to doing assignments for the brigade and not negotiating a price."

Wak gets a wicked grin listening to Tyral's story, Nice touch! I wonder how much of that is true and how much is meant to discourage the team after us. Unfortunately, this is likely someone who isn't going away that easy, but maybe they won't come back too quickly when they are defeated this time.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:09 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 131d100 = 88
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 82

Enjoying the welcome of Mr. Werrington the forsaken mage smiles delightedly at his temporary attentions. Her early life was about invisibility in the public eye, about finishing the task, but in the end only being known as a reliable mercenary. She didn't normally like to find that her reputation was known, but the last three months had changed her outlook on the usefulness of such a power. She had begun to quiet appreciated the curiosity and benefits that came with people of high stature taking an interest in her for the doors she had found such interest opens.


"To that end, would your association consider taking on a contract from the House and Guild to recover our man Evard, preferably alive and in as good a condition as possible, while further investigating this affair? What would you consider a fair and agreeable remuneration for your time?""


Silhouette listens from her seat on a fluffy couch while sipping at her tea, fruity, slightly bitter, but with a beautiful ruby translucence to appease the eye as well as the tongue,"Mmmm." Closing her eyes as her fingers wrap around the underside of the cup, she seems to be ignoring the back and forth or rather, simply listening as others discuss. Her instincts of old were to pretend she had no part, but Tyral had said he was and that was implication enough for Silhouette's involvement. Still, she had a growing knack for this thing called politics and being part in saving children of several races as well as destroying a necromancer would curry her no ill favor to admit to.

Sighing she draws attention to herself as her eyes open behind the exhalation a few moments later. Giving the Werrington son a considering gaze Silhouette speaks on the matter,"I had many feelings about being identified, but it seems you have our wants in mind as much as your own." Flicking a slowly warming smile, likely from the teas internal effect on her mood, she continues,"The who did what is past to the present, except..."

Looking to Tyral she raises an eyebrow,"We indeed had a pay of sort, though it came from the pretender's trove and no other." Leaving that to sit a moment in the air she presumes the young Werrington would catch on,"So it seems another has accepted our fees for a bounty that Llorn silenced us from admitting." Silhouette sips at her tea again enjoying the flavors more complex than simply sweet and bitter along her tongue as her feet begin to kick playfully before her, sending her skirt out and back along her shin where bare chocolate brown feet show for the briefest of moments before vanishing under her skirt's hem each time.

Nodding agreement to some unstated argument the girl finally says,"Whatever they choose." Gesturing to her companions,"I will find your missing fellow and find out why they care so much about us." Tilting her head she smiles brightly,"I will be on that venture while you," Putting the cup down now empty from a sudden and crass gulping of the contents,"Find out who took our reward without our leave."

Standing Silhouette adds while making a small twirl that sends her red skirts outward widely to reveal that no shoes or slippers seem to be found anywhere and that she came with bare feat,"My fee is simple enough for Werrington's I would think." Swaying as she slides her hands down her hips stilling the tossing pleats of her dress,"I can partly forgive the lost reward easily enough as you are here now looking out for your business reputation as well as my well being. I would ask you to pull some favors and get me an all expenses paid introduction with Llorn's best college on the subtle arts. The specifics we can detail as long as we agree that my choice in lesson is guaranteed?" Charm 40% / 1d100 = 21
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Rolls Held Over

Silhouette wrote:Looking to Tyral she raises an eyebrow,"We indeed had a pay of sort, though it came from the pretender's trove and no other." Leaving that to sit a moment in the air she presumes the young Werrington would catch on ,"So it seems another has accepted our fees for a bounty that Llorn silenced us from admitting." .... "Whatever they choose, I will find your missing fellow and find out why they care so much about us ...I will be on that venture while you ... [f]ind out who took our reward without our leave."


Tyral restrains himself from rolling his eyes at Silhouette, *Really, you want to just sit here and pretend you were not paid by the bounty?? ... as I recall Silhouette, we were paid and you were standing right there in the Lobby with your hand out.*

"My fee is simple enough for Werrington's I would think." Swaying as she slides her hands down her hips stilling the tossing pleats of her dress,"I can partly forgive the lost reward easily enough as you are here now looking out for your business reputation as well as my well being. I would ask you to pull some favors and get me an all expenses paid introduction with Llorn's best college on the subtle arts. The specifics we can detail as long as we agree that my choice in lesson is guaranteed?"


*Forgive her 'lost reward'? Stretching the truth about what happened back in the Cave is one thing, but pretending you were not here is pretty foolish. You are after all, a black-skinned human who was wearing armor made of sticks. You are in a dress now, but it is less likely than you seem to think that you were wholly forgotten or forgettable ... College of the subtle arts??? Has to ask for something else unique? ...Well gold is what he'll be used to negotiating in so someone should put a number out there.*

"Let's call it 30,000 for the rest of us for now Tevran. Cannot promise he's still alive though, so probably good to start soon," the Elf glances around to Durak and Predat for objection, *If Sil just wants some classes that's fine. The rest breaks out to 10,000 each. Should be fine.*

If Tevran agrees, Tyral will again request a drawing of the man, to inspect his office/desk (because it's probably the best bet for Brago to pick up a scent), and ask where Evard was abducted from (i.e. home? here? a bar? his Mistress' house?, and where that location is).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Netosa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1145
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tevran gives a thin smile as he patiently waits through the exchanges and replies. He appears thoughtful for some moments, especially after Silhouette's request, before seeming to focus on Tyral and giving him a suddenly decisive nod. "If your association find that a fair price I believe I would be inclined to agree. Thirty thousand gold pieces in payment for the contract, to be split by your association as you see fit. And to execute it our writ, under Guild auspices, to investigate the happening and retrieve our man. This will see to our mutual interest and provide you official cover in doing so. A fair arrangement I think given the intertwining of our interests in this happening." he says, eyes twinkling.

Tevran then refocuses towards Silhouette and seems thoughtful once again. "If you believe anything untoward transpired as regards the bounty, any payments or deposits made, I suggest you confer with our House Barrister, Mr. Lansing, and provide him any facts you may have. We will investigate the matter and give you an accounting of any and all facts that we arrive at in the process. In fact Miss I will make arrangements for you to have an appointment with him as soon as is convenient, after this matter is concluded. Mr. Lansing is a most astute man whom I am sure can arrive at the heart of the matter. Would that be to your satisfaction?"
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:18 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 58
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 64

PPE: 215/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14, Telekinesis (8.00 Min)

Tyral nods at Tevran, "That figure is for 3, with apparently the addition of ... that which the Lady Silhouette has requested?" Assuming he receives an affirmative response from the Banker, the Wizard turns to the others as his teacup and saucer float gently back to rest on the tea-service, "Does that work?"
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:20 am

perception 50% 1d100 = 17
JIC 1d100 = 27 1d20 = 13

Netosa wrote:If your association find that a fair price I believe I would be inclined to agree. Thirty thousand gold pieces in payment for the contract, to be split by your association as you see fit. And to execute it our writ, under Guild auspices, to investigate the happening and retrieve our man. This will see to our mutual interest and provide you official cover in doing so. A fair arrangement I think given the intertwining of our interests in this happening." he says, eyes twinkling.


"Okay, 30 thousand it is for the three of us and whatever you can do for Sil here with her request. Maybe teach her about banking. Durak agrees unenthusiastically. He wasn't convince by this job; it wasn't about helping people or learning new things or even trying to find out why somebody was trying to break into the vaults.

No, this job is to cover your behinds Durak looks at Sil and Tyral and shakes his head. Now we go and find and hopefully rescue some poor sod who got kidnapped for other people's greed.

"So do you want us to sign something or is our word our bond, therefore avoiding a paper trail?" Durak asks, itching to be getting on with things and shows his impatience by tapping on the head of his throwing axe in a distracted manner rather than a threatening one.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 96

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre sighs just a bit at Sil's statements, Sil, there is denial and absolutely ridiculous denial.

Pre nods to Tyral as he states the fee, 10,000 will work, but we need to get to it.

"As it seems we have agreed, what other details do you have, if any?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 941d20 = 4
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 65

At the banker's words Silhouette is put off. The disturbance expands upon her lowering guard as her face expands in a lapse of her nonchalance. Her face flows from surprise to sunken brows and a pinching of her nose as her mind questions,"Why wasn't he yelling at her for lying? For trying to swindle him? Why were guards not being summoned to summarily throw her out?"

He was clearly challenging her claim to her lost money, but he was of such steadiness and calm as a stone at the bottom of a river that she found herself rechecking her words. As if a child being reprimanded by a parent for having forgotten they had already eaten their sweets in there entirely. It took her a moment before it came to follow her surprise,"Am I being... Handled?" Another thought passed that one though as if in a dead heat race to cross the threshold before she could call the winner as the question arose,"Was she wrong, though?" The only words that came from her for a moment was a listless,"Ah."

Tilting her head she straightens ever so slightly as she reaches back into the depths of her recollection thinking upon the money, the events when she stowed her gold taken from the necromancer's cave... (Total Recall: -2 isp) "Ooooh." Coin has value to the money changer, but no currency is as valued as reputation and she was realizing she was so close to the value of dirt with her misjudgement. Her eyes stare from behind rigid startled lids as she says more loudly,"OH!" Reaching into her purse she pulls out a coin looking at it. Sheepishly she sits as she sets the coin on her skirted knee.

Nudging it with a careful finger to balance upon the coin's center she answer the young Werrington, saying,"That feels like so long ago now." Looking up at him with a surprising amount of chagrin for those that knew her well she continues,"I think I presumed the amount was different for the coin since I was not familiar with Llorn's exchange and think I..." The memory now fresh once more and almost as real in her mind as the moments that past her in the room before she corrects,"I know I was wrong."

Putting on a rueful expression as if she may regret her next words she says,"No, I am sorry for my part I will not need your man, Mr. Lang's time to discuss that..." A small pause follows before Silhouette's expression shifts to a smile of pleasantries,"However, I would indeed enjoy his company to express my appreciation for all his efforts he will put forth in acquiring my requested lessons in payment." Nodding her head sideways with her eyes closing a moment she says, laying on her pleasantries perhaps too thickly,"Or as you would know best, whomever you find most appropriate to arrange such on my behalf?"

Waving her hand in a dismissive flurry she adds,"But that can be dealt with later." Standing and kneeing the coin up and into her hand in one motion of force she almost shouts,"Your man Evard needs rescue! Let us be more hasty and have you show me to the thing's he owned here? I'm sure they will give us clues as to where to find him."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Netosa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1150
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tevran quirks a brow, looking back and forth amongst those present with a wry smile, before he focuses on Silhouette. "How quickly you all seem to change your minds. So ten thousand each then, with one, ah, special request." His eyes remain friendly even as his expression shifts negatively and he shakes his head. "While the request is interesting, in and of itself, it must be noted that your request is of considerably greater value than the ten thousand marks your fellows have requested. Considerably. And making introductions is something I tend to reserve for those with whom I have established relationships. A reference that ends up being unwise reflects poorly on me in turn. Perhaps ask again when our relationship is is more established, my Lady. Perhaps you could reconsider on the ten thousand marks? It is not a paltry sum. Or perchance you might have another more amenable request?" he says, eyes bright and betraying a hint of amusement and perchance something else.

Looking towards the others who appear ready to accept he gives Silhouette an expectant look as he gestures to one of the Footmen. When the servant draws near a gives him a nod and speaks plainly. "Go to Mr. Lansing's office and bring the documents pertaining to this ... affair. Thank you." he says. The servant departs quietly with a nod for reply before slipping out of the main door.

"Perchance have any of you heard rumors that organizations, of a certain illicit reputation and industry, are operating within Llorn during our current troubles?" he says, afterwards. The expectant look is shared then with the rest of the group.
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 50
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 91

PPE: 215/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14, Telekinesis (8.00 Min)

The Wizard rises calmly to his feet in recognition that the Banker is trying to wrap things up, Take the hint Sil, lacking in subtlety as it was .... Telekinetically summoning his Staff back to hand, he responds to the banker blithely, "Not sure what you mean by organizations of an illicit nature. Doubtless there are one or more guilds for thieves, smugglers, and likely less honored professions in the City ... Do you have any clue that one of them might be involved? A name or something you believe was worth following up on?"

The Elf sidles over to once more look through the window and take in a bit of the breeze as he reminds the human, "Tevran? I should like to see Evard's office, and did you have additional information on where he was abducted from? Was anyone with him?"

Brago, be mindful of the scents we encounter and familiarize yourself with Tevran here.

=========

Brago lifts his head casually and offers a canine yawn before rising to his feet and walking over to flop down in a patch of sunlight near Tevran's feet. (Tracking 90%: 1d100 = 56)

GM Reminder
Still need shopping, Intervening Time between Missions, and Spells (You indicated some spells might not be approved for the setting, this will directly impact what Tyral has time to study and his overall list of spells).
Please do not drop from radar.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:55 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 58
JIC 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 25

Durak ignores what was said about what previously happened; it didn't exactly match what he'd already been told and Sil's attempts to play innocent were almost laughable.

Netosa wrote:"Perchance have any of you heard rumors that organizations, of a certain illicit reputation and industry, are operating within Llorn during our current troubles?" he says, afterwards. The expectant look is shared then with the rest of the group.


"There are rumours about another group or few operating within the city, having moved in alongside the refugees," Durak has heard the rumours, though he'd not actually had to deal with any of it, "though nothing I'd heard would suggest they were organised to carry out a job like this." He scratches his beard as he considers the situation, "though that would make it easier for them to sneak into the city and move around unnoticed. So many new faces.

Now, where to start?

Tyral wrote:"Tevran? I should like to see Evard's office, and did you have additional information on where he was abducted from? Was anyone with him?"


"Guess, I'll need to go through his things to see what we can find, he may have had a meeting on the pretext of legitimate business."

OOC Comments
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 3 best place in the city for them to hide critical success
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 41 best plan for them to follow PASS
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:54 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Durak wrote:"Guess, I'll need to go through his things to see what we can find, he may have had a meeting on the pretext of legitimate business."


Inwardly Tyral cringes at the Dwarf's presumption of free reign to go through Evard's things, *Not that I was not planning to poke around, but they have their own internal security who have likely searched his papers ... hence why Tevran sent off for documents. That was why I was not so damn blunt about it. Belimar's bollocks Durak, I do not know how long you were with the Red Brigade or everything you did there, but the words 'you can have anything you need' have not come out of this man ...*. The Elf continues to look out the window though, and does not turn back unless his counsel or contribution is sought.

*No need to reprimand or contradict in front of this Tevran. If we are playing ourselves and efficient, public squabbles will only undermine the effort. I suppose this is the one time I wish Silhouette's prying into minds and mental communication might be worthwhile, but it would probably just lead to having to open up and listen to incessant potentially never-ending chatter from her ... a slippery slope indeed. A shame too because she could likely obtain an excellent likeness of this Evard from someone's memories, better than a sketch or painting.*

Whenever the documents are brought back, Tyral will offer a hand to Tevran (so that he can see the file).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 52

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre just sighs inwardly, See this is why I enjoyed those long reconnaissance missions into the wilds all by myself.

Netosa wrote: "Perchance have any of you heard rumors that organizations, of a certain illicit reputation and industry, are operating within Llorn during our current troubles?" he says, afterwards. The expectant look is shared then with the rest of the group.


Pre looks up, "Well there are rumors that Thanatos from Kaash is picking up some operations here in town. Especially after everything that happened. Honestly that was my first inclination of who may be trying to hit your bank." Pre will also peruse whatever is presented to him.

Streetwise - 1d100 = 88 / 71%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 43 / 73%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 101d100 = 61
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 23

Charm: -- 40% / 1d100 = 8
Seduction -- 39% /1d100 = 94

"While the request is interesting, in and of itself, it must be noted that your request is of considerably greater value than the ten thousand marks your fellows have requested. Considerably. And making introductions is something I tend to reserve for those with whom I have established relationships. A reference that ends up being unwise reflects poorly on me in turn. Perhaps ask again when our relationship is is more established, my Lady. Perhaps you could reconsider on the ten thousand marks? It is not a paltry sum. Or perchance you might have another more amenable request?" he says, eyes bright and betraying a hint of amusement and perchance something else.



Smiling Silhouette notes in commiseration with the young Sir,"I do see how such a favor can be of greater value than the coin which you do, have so much of. Then let me invest as you suggest in a more amenable idea." To any semblance of interruption she holds up a polite staying hand,"As my request is interesting, so do I find you to foster interest in kind."

Approaching delicately Silhouette puts her arm through Tevran's and smiles pleasantly at him. Her understanding of the wiles of women had been sharpening as of late, if not her means among men. A passing thought makes her inwardly scowl though at the memory of an erstwhile gnome in recollecting those moments of personal education. Still that look from him a-light with mirth and what may have been subtle charm seems to suggest other possibilities unspoken. Still holding her smile Silhouette adds as her finger delicately points and presses tip to his chest,"I would stow my payment here in favor of..." Providing a slight curtsy and nod she finishes,"Continued interest from you."

"She was interested in what appeal she could exhibit to this young man putting up her laurels in battle against her seemingly little known action to most of Llorn. What about a girl that has had a personal stroke against each in the end of a necromancer, the crushing fall of a demon-king, the gentle quelling of an elemental lord of fire, and the obliteration of a dragon of night? Even that last alone would compare well against many heroes, but of plain old Silhouette? Of Coppice?" Reflecting that relationships as those found amid such struggles, of even frustrating elve's like Tyral, they were far more valuable than the plentiful treasure found even among the Duke's coffers. Those thoughts shape her intent as the changeling adds,"For what coin is worth more in value than another's appreciation?"


Predat wrote:Pre looks up, "Well there are rumors that Thanatos from Kaash is picking up some operations here in town. Especially after everything that happened. Honestly that was my first inclination of who may be trying to hit your bank." Pre will also peruse whatever is presented to him.


Brows pinch downward into a V as Silhouette thinks before she emits a sound of recognition as she answers Predat soothingly,"Preee." Shaking her head lightly she adds,"Every girl of the town has heard the soft welcoming words of an easier line of work." Shrugging as if to say things are as they are she continues,"Moving stone and digging earth is tiring and with little food to fuel such an exertion, a warm bed and meal for little is welcome." Silhouette's smile fades ruefully she finishes,"I don't know where they come from, but strangers are calling women to work at brothels." Giving a shrug as if to say things are as they are she finishes,"Even I would almost consider that over moving stones, if not for having a warm bed and meal at the end of the day already waiting for me."

NOTE TO GM: Silhouette would be interested in hands on of personal possession's, cup, favorite pen, even favorite stool, wax stamp, etc belonging to the missing man.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1155
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral questions further. "Not sure what you mean by organizations of an illicit nature. Doubtless there are one or more guilds for thieves, smugglers, and likely less honored professions in the city. Do you have any clue that one of them might be involved? A name or something you believe was worth following up on? Tevran? I should like to see Evard's office, and did you have additional information on where he was abducted from? Was anyone with him?"
Tevran simply folds his hands together in front of him. "We simply do not know...any of the answers to those questions."

Durak muses. "There are rumors about another group or few operating within the city, having moved in alongside the refugees, though nothing I'd heard would suggest they were organised to carry out a job like this, though that would make it easier for them to sneak into the city and move around unnoticed. So many new faces. Tevran simply nods in response.

Predat considers the whole matter and inquires, "Well there are rumors that Thanatos from Kaash is picking up some operations here in town. Especially after everything that happened. Honestly that was my first inclination of who may be trying to hit your bank." Tevran's brow furrows in obvious worry.

Silhouette attempts to seduce the banker. "I do see how such a favor can be of greater value than the coin which you do, have so much of. Then let me invest as you suggest in a more amenable idea. As my request is interesting, so do I find you to foster interest in kind. I would stow my payment here in favor of...continued interest from you."

The servant returns as Tevran's being "seduced" by Sil. "Madam, your interest is obvious, and mildly offensive as such." He shrugs off her touch. "While somewhat flattered, you are far from the first pretty face to attempt to use such to your advantage with a banker. I'd suggest you apply your skills against our common adversary, whoever that may be."

Tevran gestures to the servant to have him leave the articles on the table in the room. "Gentlemen, madam, I must leave you now to see to my other many duties. Simply leave these items where they are when you are done inspecting them. There will be guards posted outside this room to ensure their security. Please, for our mutual safety and assurance, apprehend our missing fellow and return him to us safe and sound. Good day and gods' speed." Tevran closes the door as he and the servant both depart. The previously requested articles remain behind on the table betwixt you.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTE: I have updated the time in conditions as well as previous conditions as they had not been updated.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:11 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 86
JIC 1d100 = 87 1d20 = 17

Augur wrote:Tevran gestures to the servant to have him leave the articles on the table in the room. "Gentlemen, madam, I must leave you now to see to my other many duties. Simply leave these items where they are when you are done inspecting them. There will be guards posted outside this room to ensure their security. Please, for our mutual safety and assurance, apprehend our missing fellow and return him to us safe and sound. Good day and gods' speed." Tevran closes the door as he and the servant both depart. The previously requested articles remain behind on the table betwixt you.


Durak does not notice so much when Tevran leaves, being more fascinated with the documents. he wonders if there is any interesting, pertinent or even salacious would do. Calmly and careful, he picks up each document and begins separating them into piles for members of the group to assist in picking through

"Let's see what this lot tells us." Durak

Tyral has the skills for this, Sil kinda does from what I saw before in the Mages' Guild. he muses as he separates the documents, looking at the huge Eandroth; Don't know on Predat. I know he's good at killing, but not relevant in this instance.

"Anything in particularly you are good at looking over Predat?" he asks the assassin

OOC Comments
Cryptography 41% 1d100 = 75 in case anything requires a cipher cracking
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 69 to piece together what the missing man was up to and final movements
Literacy: Human: Eastern 56% 1d100 = 33 if any of the documents prove difficult to read
Forgery 56% 1d100 = 59 Checking if any of the documents are forgeries
Mathematics: Basic 86% 1d100 = 96 to make head or tails of any numbers
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 71 if anything odd pops out at Durak; something that could denote a place to go in the city
Literacy: Dwarven 56% 1d100 = 25 Just in case any are in dwarven and complicated to read
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 41
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 19

PPE: 215/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14

Augur wrote:Tevran gestures to the servant to have him leave the articles on the table in the room. "Gentlemen, madam, I must leave you now to see to my other many duties. Simply leave these items where they are when you are done inspecting them. There will be guards posted outside this room to ensure their security. Please, for our mutual safety and assurance, apprehend our missing fellow and return him to us safe and sound. Good day and gods' speed." Tevran closes the door as he and the servant both depart. The previously requested articles remain behind on the table betwixt you.


In their newfound privacy, Tyral steps calmy over to the table and takes a look at the drawing provided of Evard so that at minimum he will be able to hopefully recognize the guy, then take a look at the 'ransom' letter to see what he can figure out about the perpetrators (if anything).

Literacy: Elven [97%]: 1d100 = 72 -- To review correspondence since this is the language of the highborn/educated
Literacy: Human Eastern [97%]: 1d100 = 50 -- if applicable
Intelligence [80%]: 1d100 = 71 --
Cryptography [57%]: 1d100 = 65 -- Anything discernible?

He will read over any additional papers as available as well, before a whispered Locate ritual to hopefully determine if Evard is still nearby (30 PPE, 135 Miles range, Ritual 88%: 1d100 = 5, PFRPG Pg 204).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Silhouette » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:22 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 171d20 = 6
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 2


Tevran wrote:The servant returns as Tevran's being "seduced" by Sil. "Madam, your interest is obvious, and mildly offensive as such." He shrugs off her touch. "While somewhat flattered, you are far from the first pretty face to attempt to use such to your advantage with a banker. I'd suggest you apply your skills against our common adversary, whoever that may be."


Silhouette's arm floats for a moment as the banker Tevran rebuffs her touch as her head taking in the returning entourage turns in awareness. She entertains notions to argue, to demure, even complain that he misunderstood but some things were best salvaged by doing nothing at all as she purses her lips. Taking a stilted step back to give Tevran the space he pointedly desires, Silhouette attempts to recover by giving an artful nod and bow from a particular dance of the Nobles Hall's relating to contrition, of which she hopes he notices. Dance 42% /1d100 = 22

Hoping she did not bungle that movement too she thoughtfully stands back out of the way of the exit so as not to have to move a second time. Outwardly she was calm though inside any psychic within a mile must be able to hear the noisy shouting in her head,"You came on too strongly! You gave him the wrong impression. You were suppose to be getting his favor, now what? He thinks that you wanted to bed him or worse!" Breathing in and letting out a slow sigh the changeling looks over to Tyral, Predat, and Durak observing them until the door closes behind Tevran and his servants.

Walking over to join the others she begins reading over shoulders and picking up any items brought, she examines each for compartments. In this Silhouette also works to identify items that the missing man clearly used and most importantly owned as personal effects.
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors -- 47% / 1d100 = 49

Reading over the documents she looks for various characters that might belong to Eastern, Dwarven, wolfen, or elven scripts utilizing Speed Reading to enhance the process. Flipping through sheefs as if barely looking at them every couple seconds Silhouette pauses with a matter of fact tone says,"If you see any characters or symbols you don't recognize bring them over to me."
Speed Reading
ISP: (2)
Read and comprehend the written word extremely quickly. Read 30 pages per minute. The psychic will retain the information as he would normally. Highly technical texts reduce the speed reading by half (15 pages per minute) and may require two readings to remember in detail.

Literacy: Eastern -- 32% / 1d100 = 41
Literacy: Dwarven -- 32% / 1d100 = 29
Literacy: Wolfen -- 32% / 1d100 = 54
Literacy: Dragonese/Elven -- 75% / 1d100 = 95

Mindful she listens for her fellows conversations for any references to prior events, maybe even groups, or conflicts that they read to which the Bank may have conflicts with. History 42% -- / 1d100 = 97-- Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Wolfen, Coyles, & Orc
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Predat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 72 1d20 = 13

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Durak wrote: "Anything in particularly you are good at looking over Predat?" he asks the assassin

Pre actually winks at Durak while looking things over, "No, just reading documents with my sweet and innocent disposition is all I bring to the table." And if its not in elven it generally isn't worth reading anyway, though I wouldn't say that around Tyral.

Intelligence - 1d100 = 35 / 73%
Streetwise - 1d100 = 68 / 71%
Military Etiquette - 1d100 = 56 / 82%
Heraldry - 1d100 = 37 / 57%
Literacy: Elven - 1d100 = 86 / 52%
Math: Basic - 1d100 = 87 / 102%

Any Items beyond docs
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 5 / 62%
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 39 / 72%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:29 am

rolls carried

Predat wrote:Pre actually winks at Durak while looking things over, "No, just reading documents with my sweet and innocent disposition is all I bring to the table."


Durak actually snorts in amusement at Predat's jest, with a smile that breaks out on his face, though not entirely noticeable under the bushy beard.

"I don't think any of us qualify for a sweet and innocent nature except possibly for Fox." he responds, as he slides a pile of papers and documents across to Predat to look through.

Well, everyone is getting on-board with reading this stuff. Hopefully shouldn't take too long.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1230
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Among the various office items retrieved from the office is a small, framed drawing which looks like it was done by a child based on the quality, style, and materials used. The picture includes a bright yellow orb hanging in a bright blue sky, green blobs resting atop brown vertical shafts somewhat analogous to trees, and what could charitably described as the illustration of a man with a cloth belt over a reddish-brown jerkin, and dark blue trousers. The man's paunch hangs over his belt slightly, his ears are somewhat too large, his nose a little long and hooked, his hair thinning, and his eyes are a bright green. A money pouch hangs from his cloth belt, and he is smiling as he stands on a matte green hill. Aside from the drawing there is just standard office paraphernalia and papers. Durak Predat, and Silhouette find none of the items or documents to be relevant or a challenge for their skills, and they find all the correspondence to be routine in nature, and clearly some of it has obviously been removed by bank officials for security reasons associated with other accounts. Tyral finds this all to be very frustrating, but eventually realizes that the childish picture is likely a treasured artifact owned by the man in question, and the figure depicted is likely that of himself as portrayed by one of his children--probably a son given the strength, boldness, and indelicate lines and features illustrated.

Tyral sets about using the portrait in a ritual. He takes his time, has everyone clear things away from the floor, and sets about invoking a location ritual. After some minutes of preparation and meditation to clear his mind, he focuses his mystical energies on locating the person depicted in the illustration. His minds drifts through increasingly narrow, dimly lit, city streets, all the surroundings and motion a blur, the smells too varied and numerous to pick out--and then he falls. No, it's not falling. He descends. Down a slide-pole, steep stairs, a ladder perhaps? All his senses are suddenly overwhelmed. Everything goes very dark. Echoes and the cloyingly heavy scent of human waste dominate all his senses. Tyral snaps out of his vision.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Tyral » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 45
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 28

PPE: 185/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14

Tyral's eyes flit open and he breathes deeply, "Still within Llorn, I can confirm that. In the sewers. Blast it all, I am getting sick of the sewers in this town, and before that it was a damn abandoned Mine? Algor's Beard the rats seem to love their blasted holes ..."

A plaintiff whine comes from the patch of sunlight where Brago is lying, "Aye, I know Brago, we are all nose-blind and you hate these little trips more than any of us ... Look that's where our quarry is right now." he continues talking to the reclining canine as though everyone can hear both sides of the conversation, "Quarry? It means the thing that we are hunting or looking for. It is shorter than saying thing being hunted every time. Look, you're not even 2 years old and wolves don't generally speak, I am not debating this with you."

The Wizard turns to his 2-legged companions, "Before descending, I saw a series of increasingly narrow, dimly lit streets. That would seem to have been the Low District, what commoners call 'the Sprawl' I believe."

*I should have asked for a Cloak or a pair of this guy's boots so that Brago could try and track him, well if he gets out into a bit of fresh air.*

OOC: Before leaving, the Bank, Tyral will request a servant bring any article of clothing left behind by Evard (Cloak, spare tunic, uniform-robe ... whatever), and shove it was not his dimensional satchel (so it doesn't lose its ... scent).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Durak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:49 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 67
JIC 1d100 = 75 1d20 = 15

Durak drops the pile of papers he has searched through back onto the table with a look of derisory disgust just about visible through the bushy beard and hair.
“Well, that was a waste of time,” Durak shakes his head, “nothing in there that was useful to our search or generally useful at all.” Didn’t even learn anything useful about the bank, though anything sensitive would have blatantly been removed before giving it to us. Durak scratches his beard as he ponders his next move.

“I don’t know about the rest of you, but we'd be better hitting the streets to find out more information."

As he gets up from his seat, he spots Tyral in deep contemplation in the corner

"Either the elf has fallen asleep through boredom, Durak jests, waving his hand in front of Tyral's face "or he is..."

Tyral wrote:Tyral's eyes flit open and he breathes deeply, "Still within Llorn, I can confirm that. In the sewers. Blast it all, I am getting sick of the sewers in this town, and before that it was a damn abandoned Mine? Algor's Beard the rats seem to love their blasted holes ..."


Durak pulls his hand back before Tyral can hopefully notice.

OOC Comments
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 9


Tyral wrote:A plaintiff whine comes from the patch of sunlight where Brago is lying, "Aye, I know Brago, we are all nose-blind and you hate these little trips more than any of us ... Look that's where our quarry is right now." he continues talking to the reclining canine as though everyone can hear both sides of the conversation, "Quarry? It means the thing that we are hunting or looking for. It is shorter than saying thing being hunted every time. Look, you're not even 2 years old and wolves don't generally speak, I am not debating this with you."


"its like watching a married couple," he whispers to Sil, "and at least its not us he's trying to discipline."

Tyral wrote:The Wizard turns to his 2-legged companions, "Before descending, I saw a series of increasingly narrow, dimly lit streets. That would seem to have been the Low District, what commoners call 'the Sprawl' I believe."


"Well, that certainly narrows it down a bit." He pulls Stonebiter out of its hanger and throws it a short distance up into the air before catching it again, "what details can you provide regarding the location in both the streets or the sewer? Did they look recently constructed? What moss was growing on the walls? What colour were the bricks?" All these details can narrow down our search pattern further?"

OOC Comments
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 64 place what approximate street area Tyral's description is
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 56 what gangs are operating in that area?
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 47 depending on the approximate location, potential defences and problems
Underground Architecture 56% 1d100 = 12 place what approximate sewer area Tyral's description is (he did spend 3 months helping rebuild the sewer area)
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 18) Merchants' Guild House

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey


Return to Market District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron