Linden Durante (Dragon Hunter, Sinestri)

This is where the characters of players who have reserved inactive slots are stored.

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Linden Durante (Dragon Hunter, Sinestri)

Postby Linden » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Character Name: Linden D. Durante
Alias: Linden, Captain Durante, Rider, D
Race: Human
O.C.C.: Dragon Hunter
Alignment: Aberrant
XP Level: 4th
XP Points: 12,752 (Ace of Spades 6/9/18)
Next Level @ XP: 15,100
Racial Hostilities: Any of the Dying Races he distrusts on principle. Has a severe distrust towards any race that has, in the past or present, served the Old Ones. Evil Dragons and Evil Men are at the top of his hit-list.
Sentiments/Western Empire: A proficient Empire with proper conviction; however evil they may be. Respects the West for their brutality, distrusts them entirely.
Sentiments/Dominion of Man: Has more trust towards the East, but lack of respect for their lack of organization and conviction.
Disposition: Untrusting and driven. A born tactician.
Insanity: None
Religion: Devote follower of the Dragonwright Pantheon, specifically Zandragal and Kym-nark-mar, though he has offered prayer to Kormath on occasion. He has never offered prayer to Styphon in the normal manner, being a devotee of Zandragal specifically, he views the dark Dragon-God as a threat but respects his position and power within the Pantheon of Dragonwright. He hopes Styphon doesn't spell destruction in the future.

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 27 (+13%)
M.E.: 14
M.A.: 20
P.S.: 31
P.P.: 24
P.E.: 17
P.B.: 14
Speed: 27 (18.5mph, 29.7kph)

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 113
I.S.P.: 26
H.P.: 37
S.D.C.: 53
Sex: Male
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 213lbs
Description: Tall, grizzled man with black shoulder length hair and a facial goatee. A strong and chiseled body that is riddled with scars from battles won and lost. A large scar can be seen on his right cheek that extends to his eyes; his eyes are dark and closed. Due to the Deific Curse, his eyes flash crimson in times of great focus.

Natural Abilities
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Max. Encumbrance: 70 1/2lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 620lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 1,240lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: 15.5ft far, 7.75ft high

Dragon Hunter Special Abilities
Dragonlust
Range: Self
Duration: 2d6 melees
P.P.E.: 3
Note: Can only be used against Dragons
PC Gains the following;
    +2 Initiative
    +3 Strike and Damage
    +3 Parry
    +1 APM
    x2 DMG vs Dragons
Dragontough
Duration: Always
P.P.E.: None
PC Gains the following;
    +2 vs Draconic Magic
    +2 vs Draconic Psionics
    +3 vs Breathe Weapons
    +2 vs Draconic Special Abilities
    Immune to draconic Horror Factor / Awe Gaze
Eye of the Dragon
Duration: 3d6 (+1d6/Lvl)
P.P.E.: 5
PC Gains the following;
    Nightvision 100 ft
    Excellent Vision
    See the Invisible
    See Ley Lines and Rifts
    In addition to above, the PC sees the world through a magical sight, giving him a magical perspective.
Claws of the Dragon
Duration: 3 Melees (+1/Lvl)
P.P.E.: 6
PC Gains the following;
    +1d6 Damage vs Dragons
    Ignore Draconic A.R.
    +1 Strike
Sense Dragon
Range: 1,300 ft (396.5m)
Duration: 30 minutes (+10/Lvl)
P.P.E.: 6
Description:
    This ability attunes the Dragon Hunter to the magical emanations of a dragon. He can sense the presence of any dragon within the range of the ability. This includes dragons that are invisible, disguised, metamorphed, etc. The character can sense the approximate direction and distance of the dragon, but not the exact location. Furthermore, the Dragon Hunter is attuned to the magical emanations that a dragon leaves behind. He can sense remaining emanations as old as twelve hour. After that, they become too faint to detect. When using this ability, the Hunter gains an additional +15% to his Dragon Tracking skill. This aspect of the ability also gives the Dragon Hunter the ability to sense a dragon’s lair regardless of how long ago the Dragon occupied it.
Dragon Metamorphosis
Metamorphosis: Dragon
Duration: One hour per level of experience.
P.P.E.: 100
Level: The character gains this ability at level fifteen. (EP Purchased, see here ~Erva)
At fifteenth level, the Dragon Hunter gains the greatest of all abilities — the power to turn into a dragon. The Dragon Hunter grows to between 30-50 feet (9-15 m) in size and gains the full appearance of a dragon (Note: The character does not look like a particular species of known dragon, nor is he able to). While transformed, all of the character's other powers are active (no additional P.P.E. cost) as well as the following:
    +1d4*100 S.D.C.
    Breath weapons are usable twice per round (any combination of two), and they cost no additional P.P.E. to use.
    Fly 40 mph (64 km)
    Fire and cold resistant (half damage)
    Bio-regenerate 1d4*10 S.D.C. per minute (once every 4 melee rounds)
Note: That while this ability is similar to the Spell of Legend, it is NOT a Spell of Legend (i.e. cannot be learned by Wizards or anyone else). Also note that while the character has the full appearance and many of the abilities of a dragon, he is NOT a true dragon.
Dragon Metamorphosis Stats
S.D.C.: 453, S.N. Strength.

Psionics
Minor
Mind Block (4)
Sixth Sense (2)
Bio-Regeneration (6)

O.C.C. Skills
Dragon Lore –- 53% (+5)
Dragon Tracking –- 53% (+5)
Language, Eastern -- 111%
Language, Elven/Dragonese -- 73% (+5)
Literacy, Eastern -- 58% (+5)
Literacy, Elven/Dragonese -- 58% (+5)
Athletics (General)
Detect Concealment & Traps -- 63% (+5)
Surveillance -- 63% (+5)
Climb/Scale Walls -- 68% (+5)
++Rappelling -- 63% (+5%)
Prowl -- 68% (+5)
Wilderness Survival -- 73% (+5)
H2H Martial Arts
W.P. Pole Arm
W.P. Shield
W.P. Sword
W.P. Archery

O.C.C. Related Skills
Interrogation Techniques -- 58% (+5)
Horsemanship, Exotic -- 63% (+5)
++Combat, Remain Mounted/Control -- 53% (+5)
Intelligence -- 60% (+4)
Detect Ambush -- 63% (+5)
Streetwise -- 57% (+4)
History -- 58% (+5)
Lore, Magic -- 53% (+5)
++Recognize Magic Wards, Runes and Circles -- 43% (+5)
++Recognize Enchantment -- 38% (+5)

Sailing (Base) -- 58% (+5, 2nd level)
++Ship Piloting -- 43% (+5, 2nd level)
Field Armorer -- 68% (+5)

Secondary Skills
Boxing
Running
Lore, Demons and Monsters -- 53% (+5)
Gymnastics
++Sense of Balance -- 58% (+5)
++Work Parallel Bars and Rings -- 58% (+5)
++Back Flip and Somersault -- 68% (+5)

Military Ettiquette -- 48% (+5, 1st level)
Public Speaking -- 43% (+5, 1st level)

Combat Data
HTH Type: Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +7
Parry Bonus: +8
Dodge Bonus: +9
HTH Damage Bonus: +16
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +3
Bonus to Disarm: +0
Other:
    Body Throw/Flip: 1d6, -1APM to Victim
    All hand strikes available
    All foot strikes available minus Leap Kick

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Pole Arm -- +2 DMG, +2 Strike, +1 Strike when thrown
W.P. Shield -- +2 Parry,
W.P. Sword -- +2 Strike, +1 Parry,
W.P. Archery -- +2 Strike, +1 Parry, +1 Disarm

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 5%
Magic (varies): +1
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Last edited by Linden on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am, edited 17 times in total.
Linden D. Durante
Conditions and Important Stats

Active Conditions: Deific Curse, Immortality | Sixth Sense (2) | Mind Block (4) | Bio-Regeneration (6)
H.P.: 32/32 | S.D.C: 50/50 | P.P.E.: 62/62 | I.S.P.: 26/26
Weapon: Bider, Enchanted Broadsword | Dmg: 3d6+6 / +1 Strike/Parry
Armor: Medusan Plate, Enchanted | A.R. 17 | S.D.C.: 170/170 | Regenerate 10 S.D.C. per hour | Imp. to Fire | Noiseless; Weightless
Mount: Gryphon | H.P.: 67/67| S.D.C: 38/38| P.P.E.: 60/60
Linden

Re: Linden Durante (Dragon Hunter, Sinestri)

Postby Linden » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Equipment

Gryphon Fledgling*
Note: this animal is 6 weeks (in game) away from being able to fly while mounted. Currently only able to ride on the ground.
For appearances, imagine it being slightly shorter than the stats, the wings not as full.

Aureus
Details
Eastern King Gryphon
Elite Breed of War Gryphon
Alignment: Scrupulous; animal
Attributes
    I.Q.: 10
    P.S.: 21
    P.P.: 20
    P.E.: 27
    P.B.: 24
    Speed: Foot: 36 // Flight: 80
Physical Data
    S.D.C.: 38
    H.P.: 67
    P.P.E.: 60
    Dimensions: 500lbs, 5' tall, 7'8" long
    Average Life Span: 200 years
Natural Abilities
    • Prowl ~ 75%
    • Track by Sight ~ 70%
    • Eagle-like vision, Nightvision 1200'
    • Sensitive to P.P.E. & Supernatural 500ft. (See & sense invisible(not spell) entities, alien intelligences, demons, elemental beings, & supernatural evils. (1-15% chance to throw rider/flee facing these regardless of training.)
    • Sense ley lines, nexuses, places of power and powerful creatures of magic (1500 P.P.E or more). 200 feet.
Combat Data
    • 4 attacks per melee, front kick 3d6+6, back kick 6d6+6, Stomp 2d6, Trample 6d6, Bite 1d4+2
    • +2 to initiative +2 to strike, +3 to dodge, +4 on all saving throws
    Combat Stats are reduced by half for 'fledgling' gryphons.

Medusan Plate
Details
Enchanted Armor
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 120
Magic Features
• Regenerating Armor; Damage done to the armor is magically restored/regenerated at a rate of 10 S.D.C. per hour
• Imp. to Fire
• Noiseless; Weightless
History: A unique suit of plate.

Bider
Details
Enchanted Broadsword
Damage: 3d6+6
Magic Features
• Indestructible
• Foebane
Modifiers: +1 to strike/parry

Worn on Person
Medusan Plate
Bider
Dragon's Tooth Necklace
Details
Guardians of the Skadge, Armband
• Effects: The wearer, and anything the wearer holds, is immune to the magic/psionic cancelling effects of the Skadge.
• Description: Meant to distinguish Guard from Inmate and Visitor.

Guild Items
Guild Rings of the Agentes in Rebus
Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
• Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%
• Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible. This ring does not allow the wearer to see through non-magical disguises, nor will the wearer be able to detect Changelings, other shapechangers (like werebeasts and dragons), or otherwise metamorphosed individuals or creatures.

Guild Capes of the Agentes in Rebus
Enchanted Garment
S.D.C.: 60 (A.R. 10; clothing)
Magic Features
• Impervious to Fire: 60 minutes; twice daily.
• Impervious to Cold: 60 minutes; twice daily.
• Impervious to Horror Factor: 30 minutes; three times daily.
• Chameleon: 20 melees; twice daily

Utility Belt
Waterskin
Daggers/Knives
Journal
Gold Pouch (120g)

Backpack
Extra set of clothing
Leather Boots and Gloves
Bedroll
Tinderbox
Rope (20ft / 6.1m)

Stored in Vehicle/Saddlebags
Tent

Contacts
The Human Dragon Knight from the East, Lady Annak Zeftan
Last edited by Linden on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Linden D. Durante

Active Conditions: Deific Curse, Immortality | Sixth Sense (2) | Mind Block (4) | Bio-Regeneration (6)
Armor: Medusan Plate, Enchanted | A.R. 17 | S.D.C.: 170/170 | Regenerate 10 S.D.C. per hour | Imp. to Fire | Noiseless; Weightless
Linden

Re: Linden Durante (Dragon Hunter, Sinestri)

Postby Linden » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:00 pm

The Story of Linden Durante

It’s been nearly a hundred years since that shadow slaughtered my death. One we trusted above all others lead most of my clan to their death, and I can only assume that he died too. I never saw it, I was in Llorn at the time, but some of the survivors did. It was a shadow in the night sky, it blot out the stars and spit dark fire. It was a monster.

I used to be a titled Dragon Slayer, a Dragon Hunter who has killed a dragon. My clan, our deeds, used to be whispered about. Used to be. I had a fateful encounter with another Dragon that opened by eyes to the truth; not all Dragons are evil. When I traveled to Llorn the first time, near a century ago, an elf was tracking some shadow of a dragon. When he found out what I was, he was eager to enlist my aid. His name was Elias.

Together, we enlisted the aid of the Followers of Rurga, the thieves and Brotherhood of Magic. He knew what I was doing there, I was recruiting for my clan and my mission. He knew more about me than I dare to admit; but he never dissuaded me and never revealed me and for that he has my respect. We searched the greater area of Llorn for nearly half a year before finding the lair. I do not think even Elias expected to find what we found there.

Deep in the mountains south of Llorn rested an unknown, a shadow of a dragon. We never really knew. When we arrived at its lair, we both saw the beating eyes of hatred and malice glisten in the darkness within. Then follows a gust of wind so powerful it blew us both to the ground as the creature vanished into the night sky. Then a fire glistened on the horizon and my heart dropped. It took me days to get there, I left Elias in that cave. When I got back to my clan, only death was there to greet me and there wasn’t a dragon in sight. I was now the most senior member of the clan.

I knew what had happened, but I knew we weren’t alone. As I looked upon the ruins of my clan, she came to my side in the same fashion as always, noiseless, and I knew then I would be hers for eternity, and serve her with honor. We gathered the survivors and what we could carry and traveled to Llorn. Elias, my friend, helped carve us a plot within Llorn to restart. I am forever indebted to that elf. The Followers of Rurga gave us aid and the thieves supplied us. It took nearly half a century to rebuild within Llorn, half a century when the survivors aged and died, and I did not. Our clan has fallen to less than ten members, most of them children or kin of the fallen.

To earn our survivors a safe haven within Llorn, I spent a good deal of time within the Red Brigade. There I started as a Field Armorer, trusted and true I could always reach and keep men in the fight. Never having asked for combat, my skills remained relatively unknown until a faithful encounter that had me save the lives of a squad of warriors from an ambush. They noted my combat skills and I was offered a place on the Red Brigade Gryphon Riders, a special unit designed to get behind enemy lines quickly. I served as a rider for near two decades until I was shot down by a well-aimed shot. Despite everything I did, I couldn't save my Gryphon Valeo. I carried Valeo the trip home, found a caravan and headed to Llorn. There, the Red Brigade introduced me to Valeo's offspring; to honor Valeo, I took his offspring as my own and he remains with me today.

After that, I remained on special assignment with the Red Brigade until recent when I discharged entirely. My clan is beginning to make a name for itself in our new environment and with the resources I was able to procure, we can finally strike out on our own to repay the debts of those who helped us which means my full attention is to the clan; my position as a Gryphon Rider still holding its weight and Valeo's child, Aureus, is almost ready to take flight.

Now, after nearly a century since the massacre, we stand again. Small in numbers but ready to fight. My neck creaks and my eyes flare; a dragon is near and it is time to repay our debt to Elias Von’Lyciean and the people of Llorn. Though few know who or what we are, everyone knows our name; The Alatus Phalanx.

Or, as we know ourselves; Clan Letum-Tenere, the Dragon Hunters of Llorn.
Translations
Alatus Phalanx = Winged Shield/Protector
Letum-Tenere = Remembrance of Death
Background Reference Material
Background Reference Material

Concept
    1. What emotion best describes your character? Lack of, very logical and direct.
    2. What emotion does your character evoke in others? Respect and Anger
    3. What does your character need most? His ally
    4. What is your character’s goal in life? To rebuild his Dragon Hunting Clan to a real power
    5. How does your character believe this goal can be accomplished? Helping those in power around him so they help him in return

Background
    1. Where did your character come from? Old Kingdom
    2. When did you grow up? In the Clan of Khem, raised to hunt evil dragons
    3. What values does your character hold? Honor, Integrity, Disciple, Directness
    4. How does your character dress? Armored
    5. What are your character’s means? Draconic Power, Melee Prowess

Details
    1. What are your character’s personal tastes? Omnivore.
    2. What are your character’s opinions? See dispositions
    3. What is your character’s comfort zone? With his kin, in combat
    4. Who has had the biggest impact on your character’s life? His Dragon Ally, Avellatur
    5. What are some of your character’s unexpected quirks? He is immortal, but will never show it unless it is witnessed.

Play Details
    1. What kind of story does your character belong in? An adventure involving Dragons
    2. What role does your character fill? Melee Damage
    3. What should the other players know about your character? What he does is not to spite any of their PCs
    4. What is your play style? Heavy RP/Skill Based. Dominate Combat
    5. How do you want your character to die? Deific Curse prevents death, dying with the Dragon who changed him

Wishlist
    Item 1: Rune Weapon
    Item 2: Rune/Enchanted Armor

Goals
Short Term Goals:
    Goal 1: Eliminate the Dragon Presense sensed within Llorn
    Suggested Solutions (Goal 1): Play
    Goal 2: Secure an established place for his hunters/clan
    Suggested Solutions (Goal 2): Contacts, Play

Mid Term Goals:
    Goal 1: Prove that not all Dragons are good or evil, and are as mixed as man
    Suggested Steps and Solutions (Goal 1): GM Discretion, Play
    Goal 2: Make the Dragon Hunters he leads a usable and sizable resource to be called on.
    Suggested Steps and Solutions (Goal 2): Contacts, Play

Long Term Goals:
    Goal 1: Prevent any dark dragons from causing any rebirth of evil
    Suggested Steps and Solutions (Goal 1): Play
    Goal 2: Achieve harmony between his human and dragon side
    Suggested Steps and Solutions (Goal 2): Achieve the final spell.
Last edited by Linden on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linden D. Durante

Linden

Return to Inactive Characters (EP)