Dietrich Sternmord (Inactive)

Characters deactivated using EP are stored in the site's central repository. Everyone else who leaves the game goes here- 'On Hiatus' if they communicated before they left, 'Inactive' (and on my **** list) if they didn't.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Dietrich Sternmord (Inactive)

Postby Dietrich Sternmord » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Player Name: Michael
YIM Handle: mjhsmh23

Character Name: Dietrich Sternmord
Alias: Big Red
Race: Guildmaster Dwarf
O.C.C.: Psi-Tech
Alignment: Scrupulous
XP Level: 4
XP Points: 9426 - Updated August 13th - Sasq
Next Level @ XP: 17,200
Sentiments/Non-Humans: "I am one ya twit!"
Sentiments/UWW: "Hmph"
Sentiments/CCW: "Hmph"
Sentiments/Splugorth: "The Kittani have their crap together, so I guess the Sploogies are doing something right."
Sentiments/Galactic Empire: "A bit stuck up. Not much use for them."
Sentiments/Free Worlds: "A little discipline might do some of them some good."
Sentiments/Phase World: "Loud, flashy, and they water down the liquor."
Disposition: Embodies the dwarven sterotype, gruff and impatient. Has a paternal streak to those he grows attached to over time. A gearhead to the extreme, he takes pride in his work (although he sees it more as an art) and will gladly discuss engineering, robotics, ships, and weapon design to anyone willing to listen. Thick skinned, but overly sensitive to 'short jokes'.
Insanity: Hysterical Aggressive Reaction: Being called 'little man'

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 13
M.E.: 18
M.A.: 9
P.S.: 19 (SN)
P.P.: 16
P.E.: 20
P.B.: 10
Speed: 11

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 13
I.S.P.: 276/138 (Augmenting Helmet)
M.D.C.: 106
Sex: Male
Height: 1.24 m
Weight: 79.4 kg
Description: Tall for a dwarf, hence the origin of his alias. It stuck when he was exposed to other races because of it's obvious irony. The 'Red' is not so much his hair and beard, but the color of his face when he gets angry or impatient. Some say, you could mistake him for a Burster when he gets riled up, black eyes smoldering like coals completing the image. Unlike most dwarves, he keeps his hair and beard cropped short and unbraided. This is done mostly as a practicality (can't have it it getting caught in a any machinery and doesn't have time for ridiculous things like grooming one's hair). His hands are rough and calloused, obviously used to work, yet there are as sure as the most finely tuned robotic appendage. Practically lives in his power armor since it's size is still smaller than the average human in light to medium armor.

Racial Abilities
Superior Strength and Endurance (Supernatural Strength)
Nightvision 90' (27.4 m) and can see in total darkness
Natural aptitude for weapon design, mechanics, and manufacturing.

Natural Abilities
Perception Bonus: +2 (+5 when involving machines)
Max. Carrying Weight: 950 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 1900 lbs

Special Abilities
1. Telemechanics: The Psi-Tech's inborn expertise with all things technological comes from an enhanced form of the super psionic ability Telemechanics. In most respects, it is identical to the standard power described on page 127 of the Rifts® RPG. Where it differs is that this ability is a constant one that requires no expenditure of I.S.P. on the part of the Psi-Tech. In addition, the duration is doubled. The level of skill expertise is equal to 88%.

2. Machine & Electrical Diagnosis. The Psi-Tech can sense the cause of a malfunction, pinpoint the problem or damage, and know what needs to be done to fix it (still needs to use/roll for specific skills or psi-powers) — a more specific and specialized form of Object Read.
Range: Touch.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P. Cost: 6

3. Soup-Up Machines: The Psi-Tech has a knack for getting the most out of a machine, including vehicles. They can increase the speed, fuel efficiency/range (when applicable), and M.D.C. of vehicles and bots by 10%, and the speed and performance of computers by 15%.
They can even tweak weapon systems to increase the effective firing range by 10%, and can jury-rig parts together in an emergency three times faster than what's normal. They perform all mechanical and computer skills about two times faster than normal.

4. Mental link to Robots, Power Armor & Vehicles. In addition to the Machine Ghost and Telemechanic powers, the Psi-Tech can make and maintain mental contact with machines designed to be piloted. In this capacity, the Psi-Tech maintains his own individuality and awareness, but partially becomes the machine as well. This union of man and machine provides the following bonuses beyond the usual robot or vehicle piloting skills the character may have. All apply only when piloting power armor, a giant robot, or a vehicle (hover cycle, car, airplane, 'bot vehicle, etc.).
+1 attack/action per melee round.
+1 on initiative with the machine.
+2 to pull punch of the machine.
Run or fly 10% faster.
Leap 10% higher and farther.
+10% to piloting skill for that machine/special maneuvers

Bionics & Cybernetics
None

Psionics
Master Psionic
Meditation (0)
Telemechanic Mental Operation (12)
Telemechanic Paralysis (20)
Telemechanic Possession (50)
Machine Ghost
Object Read
Speed Reading (2)
Total Recall (2)
Sixth Sense (2)
Telepathy (4)
Mind Block (4)
Mind's Eye (8) Rifter #25
Sense Evil (2)
Telekinesis (Super) (varies)
Telekinetic Force Field (Super) 30

O.C.C. Skills
Language Dwarven 98%
Language Dragonese/Elven 89%
Language Trade 4 83%
Language Trade 6 78%
Literacy Dwarven 98%
Literacy Dragonese/Elven 75%
Literacy Trade 4 55%
Literacy Trade 6 55%
Radio Basic 75%
Basic Math 80%
Computer Operation 85%
Computer Repair 65%
Computer Programming 65%
Basic Electronics 75%
Basic Mechanics 75%
Mechanical Engineer 60%
Weapons Engineer 60%
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor 75%
Robot and Power Armor Combat: Basic
Robot and Power Armor Combat: Elite (NE-SA40)
Read Sensory Equipment 55%
W.P. Blunt

O.C.C. Related Skills
Electrical Engineer 70%
Spaceship Mechanics 52%
Robot Mechanics 55%
Vehicle Armorer 65%
Prowl 40%
Zero Gravity Movement and Combat 89%
Demolitions 84%
Bioware Mechanics 50%
Robot Electronics 50%

Secondary Skills
Hand to Hand: Basic
W.P. Energy Pistol
W.P. Energy Rifle
Salvage 45%
W.P. Knife
W.P. Axe
Recognize Weapon Quality 35%
Recycling 30%
Galactic Lore 30%

Combat Data
HTH Type: Basic
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +5
Strike Bonus: +1 (+1 with ranged weapons)
Parry Bonus: +5
Dodge Bonus: +5
HTH Damage Bonus: +4
3d6 SDC Restrained Punch
1d6 MD Full Strength Punch
Kick does 1d8 MD
2d6 MD Power Punch
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +7
Bonus to Pull Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm: +0
Can dodge all attacks, even from behind or surprised

Robot and Power Armor Combat: Basic
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +6
Strike Bonus: +2 (+1 with ranged weapons)
Parry Bonus: +6
Dodge Bonus: +6
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +8
Bonus to Pull Punch: +4
Bonus to Disarm: +0

Robot and Power Armor Combat: Elite NE-1A-TWPA
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +9
Strike Bonus: +4 (+3 to strike with energy and long range weapons)
Parry Bonus: +9
Dodge Bonus: +8 (+11 when flying or leaping)
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +11
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +7
Bonus to Disarm: +2

Weapon Proficiencies
W.P. Blunt +2 to strike and parry
W.P. Energy Pistol +2 to strike
W.P. Energy Rifle +2 to strike
W.P. Knife +1 to strike and +2 to parry
W.P. Axe +1 to strike and parry

Saving Throw Bonuses
+3 vs. Curses
+3 vs. Toxins and Disease
+2 vs. Insanity
+3 vs. Possession
+3 vs. Magic
+2 (+4 with psionic force field) vs. Psionic (Base Save: 10+)
+5 vs. Horror Factor (+10 if machines are involved)
10% vs. Coma/Death
Last edited by Dietrich Sternmord on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 am, edited 11 times in total.
Dietrich Sternmord

Re: Dietrich Sternmord (Needs Approval)

Postby Dietrich Sternmord » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Weapons
Melee
Kittani Double Blade Plasma Axe
3d6MD per axe strike or 6d6 MD per plasma blast
Rate of Fire: Standard for plasma blast
Range: 110 ft for plasma blast
Payload: 60 minutes of use or 6 blasts. A blast consumes 10 minutes of use
currently in Armoury

NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
4d6 MD (silver coated)
kept with NE-SA40 Armor

NE-RV09 Vibro Claws
3d6 MD (silver coated)
+1 to parry and strike
built into right forearm of NE-SA40 Armor

Ranged
K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle
3d6+6 MD or 1d10+6 MD per thre pulse burst
Rate of Fire: Single Shot or 3 pulse burst
Range: 3300 ft
Payload: 30 shots per long E-Clip
+1 to strike on an aimed shot
currently in armory

H-80 Combat Laser Rifle
4d6+6 MD or 2d4*10+10 MD per three pulse burst
Rate of Fire: Standard or 3 pulse burst
Range: 2200 ft
Payload: 30 shots
kept with NE-SA40 Armor
Note: Taken from Armoury

HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol
3d6+3 MD
Rate of Fire: Standard
Range: 1100 ft
Payload: 15 shots
worn on left hip

PH-21 Phase Beamer
3d6 SDC to SDC creatures and 4d6 MD to MDC beings or force fields. Passes through armor.
Range: 440 ft
Payload: 10 shots
worn on right hip

Crystal Assault Rifle
4d6 MD mind bolt or paralysis. Save is 16 or higher and PE bonus applies. If save is 5 or lower, victim's heart stops and must roll coma/death %
Range: 2200 ft
Payload: 40 shots from Crystal-cell or 8 ISP per shot
worn across shoulder

Explosives
12 NE Explosive Grenades 6d6 MD
bandoleer style on NE-SA40
Note: Came from Jerimiah's supply

Type 1 Fusion Block (1d4x10 to 10 ft)
Type 2 Fusion Block (2d6x10 to 10 ft)
Type 3 Fusion Block (4d6x10 to 10 ft)
NE-MAT3 Antimatter Antitank Mine - Type 2 - (1D4x100 MD to a 500 ft area)
kept in NE-10B

Armor
Augmenting Helmet
Built into helmet of NE-SA40
MDC: 71
ISP is doubled
Telepathic Communicator with range of 10 miles (20 if recipient is also telepathic) Costs 10 ISP: Currently functions with some static
HUD Visor with 6 different viewing sections without impairment
Telescopic Magnification 20X with 1 mile range
Macro lens 6x magnification
3000 ft passive nightvision
2000 ft thermal imaging
Integrated Sensor Pod
Laser Distancing and Targeting +1 to strike within 2000ft
Directional, medium range radio (20 miles and doubles with booster or transmission towers
Language Translator for American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Trade 3, and Trade 5
worn

Psionic Crystal Armor
35 MDC and 70 MDC from psionic force field
Payload: 4 times per 24 hours. Can be exceeded with 20 ISP
+2 vs. psionic attack when force field is up
No movement penalty
worn

NE-SA40 Stealth Power Armor with NE-05GP
Head: See Augmenting Helmet
Hands: 16
Arms: 60
Legs: 77
Main Body: 257
NE-50 Force Field can provide 160 additional MDC
Running: 60 MPH 20% fatigue rate
Swimming at double rate with 2000 ft maximum depth
Leaping: 24 ft high or lengthwise, 42 ft with short running start
Flight: 440 mph, 726mph in vacuum
Power System: 105 hour electrical battery that can be recharged, also has extra charged battery ready to go

Servos in arms disabled to allow for Supernatural PS punches

Advanced Communication Package

IFF & Targeting Computer: 6000 targets at 92% accuracy

Mechanics Package (left forearm): lock pick set and lock release gun, duct tape, flashlight, portable tool kit and portable robotics kit

Stealth System: Only 20% chance to be detected by radar, +15% to prowl and conceal

Advanced Internal Cooling: Invisible to heat sensor, thermo imaging, and infrared optics unless within 2 ft and then only 10% chance. This system can be run for 2 hours before requiring 1 hour cool down. Effective -70% to opponents Read Sensory Equipment

Thermo-Kinetic Armor: Complete Environmental Armor (including space); Only 25% chance of being detected with thermal or infrared optics (also see stealth system); Temperature shielded up to 500 degrees C: normal fires do 5% damage and MD fire, heat, magical fire, and plasma do 1/2 damage; Kinetic energy dampening and cushioning system: explosions, high impact, falls, and projectile weapons do 1/2 damage; Computer controlled life support including cooling and temp control; Artificial air circulation system that includes gas filtration, humidification and radiation shielding; 10 hour O2 supply; Mini-computer that indicates system errors, damage levels, O2 supply, depth gauge, time and date, and directional compass; Forearm Flashlight; Magnetic Strip attachment points
worn if combat is expected

Other Equipment

Worn
A tiny Mega-Tyridium hammer of exceptional mastercraft quality on a chain worn around neck. 2d6 MD, no other bonuses.
Multitool
Pocket Laser Distancer
Wilk's Laser Scalpel

Other
NE-10B pack
kept with NE-SA40
Equipment in pack: 3doses of black, gray and green Metal Spray (12 total), portable tool kit, 2 rolls of duct tape, 2 rolls of electrical tape, soldering iron, measuring tape, large flashlight, 6 flares, 200 ft of lightweight rope, 2 knives, and spare parts and components (17 total, about 10000 credits worth)

Work coveralls with multiple pockets
Several sets of utility-type clothes
Durable steel-toed workboots
Extensive tool kit
Magnifying glass
Multi-optics band
Tinted goggles
Pen flashlight
PDD recorder/player
Hand-held computer
Notebook and mechanical pencil
Reinforced padded briefcase (10 M.D.C.) for fragile equipment and/or components
2 sacks

Credits
Universal Credit Stick: 1,779,243 credits
Last edited by Dietrich Sternmord on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dietrich Sternmord

Re: Dietrich Sternmord (Needs Background)

Postby Dietrich Sternmord » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm

An overly tall dwarf stands at rest before an obviously flustered human in a UWW uniform.

Lt. Jersan buried his face in his hands. “Really Dietrich, how many times are we going to go through this?”

“Hmph.”

“Do you know who that man was that you …let me read directly from the report…’altered the color of his skin to a glowing shade of chartreuse’?”

“It’s a non-replicating nano-virus laced paint. It will fade in a few weeks.”

Jersan sighed. “Do I dare ask why?”

The dwarf spread his feet and crossed his arms in front of his chest. “The wet-behind the-ears twit doubted me.”

“Doubted you, how?”

“He said I was too short to reach the power coupling and asked me if I needed a grav-pak.”

The lieutenant slammed his hands down on the desk. “By Odin’s Raven, what is with you Sternmord!”

“I don’t like being called short. The twit was incompetent, too, couldn’t even depower a standard particle flux capacitor.”

“Dietrich, that ‘twit’ was related to a very influential member of the Consul. Do you know what that means?”

“You’ve got more heat on your ass than if you used a Heavy Nanruni Plasma Cartridge as a suppository?”

Jersan chuckled but quickly regained his composure, “Yeah, that’s about sums it up. You’ve got to go Sternmord. “

“What do you mean ‘I gotta go’?”

“I mean I can’t bail your ass out this time, Dietrich. That’s it, no more free passes. You’ve got to leave the fleet.”

“Bu…but…but….DAMN IT LT, THIS IS MY LIFE!”

“Easy, man. You’re face is turning the same color as your beard. You are a good mechanic and you’ve got psychic ability to boot. Any crew or group would be glad to have you. You’ll bounce right back and be working in no time. That’s if you don’t piss off everyone in the entire ‘verse. Which for you, isn’t that monumental of a task.”

Dietrich nodded. The wind had obviously been taken out of his sails. “Roger, LT.”

“Look, try to keep your head straight out there. I’ll equip you as best I can.”

“Thanks.”

Dietrich woke up. It was still a few hours before the end of his sleep cycle. It didn't matter, though. He wasn't getting any more sleep. The ghosts of the past were out in force. My temper is always getting me in trouble. What's it matter though? I never had time for a family. Buried myself in my work. Closest thing I had to family were the cadets in the mechanic's bay. 'Big Red' is what they called me. I liked that. They looked up to me, even if I was a hard ass. I had to be hard on them. No matter how hard I was, life out here is harder. I know that now more than ever. I miss them..

Dietrich fingered the pendant around his neck. The tiny rune covered hammer always seemed perpetually cold. And that's how the dwarf would always remember her. Cold and beautiful. Freya was a Valkyrie. She'd given him the hammer as a token of thanks. Dietrich didn't even remember why. It had been, at least to him, some trivial modification to one of her weapon systems that had saved her life. And gratitude is all it was you rock head. It'd be a cold day in Hades before it was anything more, so keep dreaming Red.

"Might as well get up, there's work to be done anyway."
Dietrich Sternmord

Return to Character Archive