Celestius (On Hiatus)

Characters deactivated using EP are stored in the site's central repository. Everyone else who leaves the game goes here- 'On Hiatus' if they communicated before they left, 'Inactive' (and on my **** list) if they didn't.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Celestius (On Hiatus)

Postby Celestius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am

(Updated 03/25/10 -- XP added.)

Player Name: Aaron
YIM Handle: akg1206

Character Name: Real name unknown
Alias: Celestius
R.C.C.: Blhaze
Alignment: Principled
XP Level: 4
XP Points: 19,826
Next Level @ XP: 20, 001
Sentiments/Superhumans: You are good, or you are evil. Your actions dictate which side of the law you stand on, not your level of power.
Sentiments/Normal Humans: The meek shall inheret the earth. In this case, those who stand up for their rights against oppression.
Disposition: Celestius believes that everyone deserves a chance to live free from tyranny and oppression of any kind. But to do so, you must be willing to fight for yourself. He refuses to help those who refuse to help themselves (though he would still help in small ways to encourage them).
Insanity: 'Jekyll and Hyde' syndrome

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 14
M.E.: 19
M.A.: 18
P.S.: 36 (31 until next level, due to dissipation)
P.P.: 17
P.E.: 21 Supernatural
P.B.: 18
Speed: 109 (81.3 mph); Flying 700 mph/1126 km (see Sonic Flight ability)

PHYSICAL DATA
MDC: 87 (Light Form), 164 (Outer Skin).
Sex: Male
Height: 6' 6”
Weight: 90 lbs.
Description: Celestius's body has been made to look like a human in shape, but the resemblance stops there. His body seems to be made of some kind of chitin-like armor, with spikes on his arms and legs. His head has a shock hair that glows a bright blue, supported by a headband with angel wings, and his face is covered with a a white mask, showing only his brightly glowing blue eyes.

Natural Abilities
Perception: +2 / +4 in darkness
Max. Carry Weight: 936 lbs. (806 .lbs)
Max. Limit Weight: 1876 lbs. (1612 lbs.)
Trust/Intimidate: 50%
Charm/Impress: 40%
Combat Speed (meters/round): Running – 545; Flying – 4694

Racial Abilities
Super-Energy Expulsion: Energy and Light:
As normal for this power (HU2, pg. 293), except range is doubled (1200 feet; 365.7 m instead of 600 feet) in atmosphere and increase range fives times (3000 feet; 914 m) in outer space.
Current Damage: 7D6 MD

Super-Energy Pulse Attack:
This is a rapid burst of energy blasts fired in a volley or rapid pulse one split second after another. This rapid-fire pulse can only be directed at one target to do a significant amount of damage as follows:
6d6+6, counts as one melee attack;
1d6x10, counts as two melee attacks;
2d4x10, counts as three melee attacks;
2d6x10, counts as four melee attacks.
Range of a pulse blast is 1200 feet (365.7 m); 4000 feet (1219 m) in space.

Resistant to Energy:
Lasers, plasma, ion blasts, particle beams and similar types of energy only do half damage to Blhaze aliens, both in their containment skins and as their energy essence.
Physical MDC attacks (including rail guns and missles) inflict full damage, as does magic and psionics. See Vulnerabilities for more details.

Other Super Abilities (See HU2):
All are available in any form.
Bend Light
Control Static Electricity
Energy Absorption
Sonic Flight
Super Vision (All)

Self-Regeneration of Outer Skin:
Blhaze can regenerate their containment skin, and thus the MDC and physical matter of the skin. This is done at a rate of 1d4x10 per melee round, but counts as one melee attack/action. Each point of MDC damage inflicted to the outer shell/skin is repaired as damage is regenerated. When the MDC is reduced to half, or worse, the outer shell will appear to be cracking like an eggshell, with several holes where energy and light can be seen, but still mostly contained, so energy is not freely shooting out of the openings and hurting those around him.
When the containment skin is destroyed (all MDC reduced to zero), the natural energy being is revealed and damage is done to Hit Points (MDC). When these are destroyed, the Blhaze is seemingly vaporized. This is called energy dissipation, the scattering of the energy essence. An occurrence which most Blhaze can not survive (See Reforming after complete dissipation for details). Consequently, most Blhaze will flee and try to create a new containment skin before it is too late (see Shedding energy containment).

Recreate Outer Casing/Skin:
A Blhaze can completely recreate his outer skin should the original be destroyed (cannot be lost or stolen because the evergy being can always sense and trail its exact location). The creation process takes 1d4+1 minutes and during its creation, the Blhaze can take no other action -- it requires his complete attention. Furthermore, it momentarily weakens the character: Reduce attacks per melee round, speed and damage from energy blasts by 50% for 2d4 minutes after the new skin is created.

Shedding energy containment skin:
Three minutes per level of experience. Each melee round (15 seconds) after this period of time, the character must roll to determine if or how well he is managing to hold together.

Fly at the speed of light:
Travel at the speed of light (or any speed in between) is possible only when the physical containment skin is hed and the energy essence released. Take note of the dangers above and below.

Reforming after complete dissipation:
A Blhaze energy being has a slim chance of surviving complete dissipation and apparent death.
Dissipation can occur when the character abandons his containment skin or when he or she suffers such tremendous damage that the containment skin is atomized; MDC is reduced to zero or lower! When this happens, the character is seemingly obliterated! However, there is a slim possibility that the energy was simply dispersed and scattered, rather than transformed and thus, killing the character. Success Ratio: The Blhaze alien has a 2% chance of reforming per level of experience, +10% at levels 7, 14 and 21.

Things of Note:
Blhaze do not need to breathe air, eat, or drink and only need four hours of rest/meditation a day to function at full mental capacity. Impervious to normal heat, fire, cold, disease, gases and fumes. Audio communication is done by manipulating energy and radio waves -- Blhaze understand all spoken languages.
In energy form (temporarily leaving the physical body), the Blhaze can hover, fly, discharge energy bolts at 50% greater range, the energy being gets one extra attack per melee round, is +2 on initiative, and communicates as usual. As energy, the Blhaze can travel through small openings, holes and cracks as easily as a beam of light. They can also accurately sense the direction of light and trace it back to its source with a base skill of 10% +5% per level of experience.

Achilles' Heel/Weakness:
Blhaze have a few.
a) Vulnerable to magic and psionics. Magic spells, weapons, creatures of magic, and supernatural beings, as well as psionics inflict full damage.
b) Explosions, punches and attacks from beings with supernatural P.S., sonic speed attacks, and tremendous impacts or falls from great heights all do full, normal damage.
c)They are attracted to humans and similar humanoids, but can never be truly human themselves and cannot have physical/sexual relationship with humans or most other mortal humanoids.
d) As an energy being, the Blhaze can assume a humanoid shape, but their touch (in energy form) does 1d6 MD to humans and most ordinary S.D.C./HP creatures and objects.

R.C.C. Skills
Basic Math – 95% (+5%)
Advanced Math – 95% (+5%)
Intelligence – 48% (+4%)
Navigation – 70% (+5%)
Navigation: Space – 70% (+5%)
Land Navigation – 69% (+4%)
Anthropology – 50% (+5%)
Astrophysics – 50% (+5%)
Xenology – 50% (+5%)
Literacy: Trade (english) – 64% (+5%)
Radio: Basic – 65% (+5%)
Basic Electronics – 50% (+5%)
W.P. Sword

Combat Data
HTH Type: Natural
Number of Attacks: 5 (physical) / 7 (energy attacks)
Initiative Bonus: +4
Strike Bonus: +5
Parry Bonus: +5
Dodge Bonus: +6
HTH Damage Bonus: +38 (+33)
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +2
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Other:
Normal Punch: 1D4+38 SDC
Power Punch/Kick: 2D4 M.D (2 actions)

Weapon Proficiencies
W.P. Sword - +2 Strike / +2 Parry / +1 Strike when thrown

Saving Throw Bonuses
vs. Psionics (15): +2
vs. Insanity: +2
vs. Coma/Death: +12%
vs. Magic: +3
vs. Poison: +3
vs. Horror Factor: +3
Last edited by Celestius on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Celestius

Equipment

Postby Celestius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am

Equipment
Phase Sword- 4d6 MDC/SDC Damage
Last edited by Celestius on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celestius

Story

Postby Celestius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

Background Story

Tale from a Blhaze

So... You wish to know my history, do you? Very well. But don't don't expect too many details. We don't have all year.
I was born. That is all you need to know, though I'm sure that you can see as much with your own eyes. How or where or by whom is not important, nor would you likely understand. Neither are the details of what would consititute as my 'childhood'. Technically, as far as my people are concerned, I am still something of a child. I am certainly not as old as some of the elders I have met. Let it be said that I would have seen many ages of your planet, would I have ever visited it. So ease your mind, as I will burden you not with unnecessary details. I believe I will start at a point more relevant to you, in a time familiar to you...

About 20 years ago, according to the planetary-cycle that you understand, I fought a battle for freedom. For a people who wished to rule their own destiny. This battle had been going on for some time, and goes on even now, I'm sure. These particular people I was helping wanted to try to find someone -- a planet, a government, a super-being -- who would hear their cry for help in fighting back the tyranny of the Tarlok. Do not ask me who the Tarlok are. That, in itself, is a story to tell. To you, they would be very much like the Kreeghor race that has made war in this galaxy. They bring death and war with them to any planet they deem worthy (or unworthy, however the case may be) to be conquered. So these freedom fighters created a communications device in hopes of achieving this goal.

They were successful.

Unfortunately, those that responded to their call were not sympathetic to their plea. I have personally heard of the Naruni from stories that others of my kind have shared, and I found myself agreeing with most of their assessments. They were merchants, thieves really. Mercenaries willing to sell their wares and services to the highest bidder, and taking what they could from those who failed to pay. Thankfully, most of the Tarlok had no interest in what the strange vendors had to offer -- though I'm sure that there are some who aquired whatever they could. And the Seeronians? Well, they couldn't afford the help that was offered. Those who tried payed dearly, often with their own lives.

This is when my own thought patterns changed. The Tarlok are but a small player in a much greater Multiverse. There are far greater threats even within the Three Galaxies that should be dealt with first. Once this has been done, proper attention could be given to those who seek help in the deep corners of space. Yes. I must look to the larger part of the problem.

And so I left. I traveled the vastness of space and looked to many different planets for the answer I required. Finally, after many years and many more millions of miles of empty space, I found heard of the one place where my new purpose must begin. Phaseworld. This place in itself is not necessarily the greatest point of evil, but it is a place where many other worlds and times come together. It is a place where a being like myself does not look out of place, or where I would be considered a martyr or a zealot. Good and Evil co-exist and thrive side-by-side in this place. Perhaps I can find others here who will work with me. Perhaps my goal will be found in a place where I least expected it.

That is the mysterious thing about you short-lived races. You never cease to come up with answers to problems other beings haven’t even considered yet… and often quite by accident. So there is your tale. I hope that you found it satisfactory… what was that? My name? Of course. You folk identify yourselves with sound waves I always have to remind myself of such things, especially after long periods of travel.

You may call me Celestius.

Magic and the Void

The last thing I remember, before my time in the void of near death, was hunger. A hunger like I had never known before. So much more so, since I have never had to eat in my entire existance, so the feeling was alien to me. But it was there none the less, a hunger so strong that it overwhelmed my senses so that my only thoughts were to find something to fill that need.

Suddenly, I could smell something so intoxicating, my only thoughts were to find and consume it. My instincts had become almost animalistic in nature, my drive was savage. It took everything I had in me to keep the hunger from driving me to kill those I had come to call my friends. I had to stay hidden, for they no longer recognized me for who I was, only the beast I had become.

Eventually, it passed away, along with the magical storm that brought on the strange transformation, but the feelings stayed with me. The guilt, the temptation, the hunger. I tried my best to overcome these things by striving all the harder to stop the madness we had been thrust into. So when the component was needed to continue on our journey, I was more than willing to retrieve it. Unfortunately, it lead to my downfall. My blind ambition allowed me to be caught unawares and attacked by who knows. I could not find out, as my body was assaulted, and my essence was scattered to the winds.

But some time later, for was seemed an infinte amount of time, I was able to cling to life, and reassemble the light that is my life essence. I was picked up by a group of rebels who's fight seemed to coincide with my own, and as I had no way of knowing how to find the friends I had lost, I worked with the CWF as they needed me.

But with the renewal of my light, a darkness has crept into me that is not entirely unfamiliar. The beast still lives in me.
Celestius

'Hyde' Personality

Postby Celestius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:48 am

Celestius' Hyde personality
The Rift Beast

Alignment: Diabolic

IQ: 6 (Predatory Animal)
PS: 23
PP: 20
PE: 19
Spd: 70 (1400 meters/minute; 52.2 mph)

HF: 12
PPE: 30

Prehensile Tail - Phase Sword becomes a tail spike/blade: 2D6 MD/SDC
Fire Breath: Range – 40 feet; Damage – 3D6 MD
Prowl: 70% (+4%)
Sense P.P.E. and Magic (same as Dog Pack)
Energy Field (at-will; as the spell)
Shadow Meld (at-will; self-only; as the spell)
Feeds on P.P.E.
Weakness: Weapons of Iron.

Trigger: Unknown

+3 Initiative
+1 Strike
2 APM
60 MDC

Loses all normal powers, except Super Visions, and resistances.

Combat Data
HTH Type: Natural
Number of Attacks: 5 (physical)
Initiative Bonus: +4
Strike Bonus: +7
Parry Bonus: +6
Dodge Bonus: +8
HTH Damage Bonus: +8
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +2
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Other:
Normal Punch: 1D4+21 SDC
Power Punch/Kick: 2D4+21 SDC (2 actions)

Saving Throw Bonuses
vs. Psionics (15): +2
vs. Insanity: +2
vs. Coma/Death: +8%
vs. Magic: +2
vs. Poison: +2
vs. Horror Factor: +3
Celestius

Return to Character Archive