Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Somewhere in Century Station....
A black SUV rolls to a stop outside a cliche, the abandoned warehouse. With Century Station's current state of affairs, they are common. And a common breading ground for diseases, both physical and societal. This one is really no different from the outside. A two story wooden structure with an American barn style roof, more of an architectural conceit than a historical consideration, it is accessed by several large sliding doors and a loading dock, plus two or three man-sized doors scattered about. One look tells even a layman that the thing is a fire hazard, and that's before looking inside.

Stepping out of the SUV a stocky blond man scans the area in a perfunctory way, he "looks" like he knows what he's doing. His right hand hovers near his hip. He raises his left arm up to his ear and presses in slightly on the clear plastic earpiece. "I'm here ma'am, it's for sure a run down old building. Doors are closed, you want me to look inside?"

Sitting in her Corolla about a half mile away, waiting an a parking garage, Savannah is still rereading the email she received from some guy named "Steele" which had to be a joke. But it all checked out. He requested her presence at this location to discuss "her position in Century Station". He made a couple references to her past that definitely raised her eyebrows.

Being who he is Zach practically demanded to case the joint first. His report of the ramshackle, but otherwise banal nature of the building is only somewhat comforting. He's well intentioned and a good guy, but he's not always the brightest bulb in the room. So, it comes to a decision point: go in and see what this guy wants or risk going it as a so-called Legionnaire.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 68


Savannah was silent a moment, frowning as she stared ahead at the peeling paint on the garage wall in front of her. Her car rumbled idly, having only been set into park and left on. Just in case, as Zachary would often say. She sighs, closing her eyes as she hears her associate's radio contact, setting the laptop to the side for the moment, reaching up to her radio and entering a series of clicks - Morse Code, considering she couldn't speak at all. As usual, it took a while even for the short message she was sending, but she didn't quite have any other choice. "Yes, if you..." Remembering who she was "talking" to, she waited a moment before quickly tapping in two bursts of static as an affirmative for him and clicked off her side of the radio, waiting for his response.

It was bad enough he was going alone, ahead of her, but she knew how he was. It was all she could do to keep him and the others from doing everything for her. She smirked, eyes closed as she briefly lost herself in memory. Candace even moved here for me. Wouldn't let me leave without her tagging along. Her smile turned to a frown, however, as her mind drifted to thoughts besides those of her close friend, and before her eyes misted too much she let them open, sitting upright and laying the laptop back across her legs, focusing on the email to bring herself back to the present.

Steele. She frowned, scanning the email once more. Not many people from Century Station knew who she was, at least not as Savannah. Dean had done an excellent job picking her up in his articles, and despite her only being small time as Presence, word of her was already spreading. At least, as much as word could in a city practically flooding with heroes and villains, both new and old. Still, this "Steele" had done his homework, and had even cited the university she had graduated from. Probably some sort of investigator. With his phrasing, almost certainly one to do with heroics and the like. She sighed, closing her eyes and furrowing her brow in thought, hand reaching up to rub at her forehead, drawing a lock of hair away from her face in the process.

It's far too late for something like this... I should be asleep. Or at the very least patrolling, not idling in some parking garage two floors up. Mentally she could feel the weight of her chosen costume in the trunk of her Corolla, wondering if she would have to wear it or not to this mystery meet. It hardly fit if she wasn't transformed, and keeping attention away if she were to show herself as such would certainly be an issue. Still, her mouth curled upwards at the corners as she thought, at least if it's a trap they'll be too awed to harm me... and more importantly I won't have to hurt them.

She let her thoughts drift as she brought her head up once more, eyes cast about the darkened lot, idly looking for something to distract her as she waited for Zach's good-natured paranoia to pass long enough for her to approach.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:48 am

(Rolls held)

Her engine turns off, the woman taking out her keys and laying her head back against the headrest of the car, her eyes closing. Zach is taking way too long. Something must be up with the meet. A brief wave of panic washes over her before she settles herself, eyes opening to the dimmed screen of the laptop. No, he's fine... if anything's wrong he can handle himself. Besides, it's more likely he got too into his "investigation" and forgot to radio back. It was weak thinking, but it was better than panicking over nothing.

Glancing to the laptop as it beeped, she frowns, silently lamenting the fact that there wasn't any wi-fi here for her to use. At least, not any that she could trust. Everything in this part of Century Station was shady. Not quite a Dreadzone, but close enough to get Savannah worried for her comrade. I should go check... just in case. I don't want him getting hurt or stuck on something. She turns her car back on, her indecisiveness meaning it had only been off for a few minutes, at most, before she pulls back out her parking space. She slowly creeps out of the parking garage, staying slow in case she got a radio message from Zach. The laptop beeps once more, causing her to slow to a stop to investigate and setting her car to park.

She rolls her eyes, sighing in mild frustration. Low battery, of course. She closes the laptop, setting it to the side to make sure it wouldn't fall off the seat as she drove. Don't want Dean to lose all of his notes. I didn't think it would take this long... I really need to get this thing back to him. Speaking of her trio of friends, she pulls out her phone, deciding that if she was going to be texting Dean something she'd be letting Candace know as well. She already knew they were both awake, considering they knew about this meeting. And I have Zach to thank for that one. I can't tell one of them anything without the other two learning within the week. If I'm lucky.

Quickly, she taps out two texts, one to Dean and one to Candace.

To Dean:
"Dean, your laptop's almost dead. I'm shutting it down and heading to that warehouse where Zach is now. Keep an eye about the place if you're around for me, will you? And keep Candace in line if she's with you. I don't want her ending up in a scuffle again like last time."

To Candace:
"Candace, stay safe. I don't want you getting hurt again. Broken arms are not good for hairstylists, and you're still recovering. You don't need another one. Stick with Dean if you went out with him, he should be able to help you get out of any sort of situation. Still, do keep an eye out and text me if something's up. You don't need to say anything meaningful in the message, just text me twice if there's something going on around the warehouse. Let Dean know about this, and figure out who does the texting. I don't need thirty-seven messages of nothing because you two were arguing semantics."

With the messages sent, she sighs, knowing she had essentially just roused them into coming even if they hadn't planned on it. With that, she puts her car back into drive and heads out, listening carefully for her radio to go off.

Just in case, though, she quickly sent a few inquisitive clicks over her radio to Zach, a quick Morse message to get his attention if he was distracted. "Good?"

-------
Rolls

For Morse Code message that isn't being trailed off and is actually being sent with the intention of being understood.
Radio:Basic: 1d100 = 92 / 85% -- Failed
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:15 pm

"Oh sorry boss, yeah, I looked inside for a sec, didn't see anyone. I didn't go in though." Zach radios back a couple minutes after Savannah asks for his response. Then a second later like he just remembered something, he says "There's like a big screen thing though, you know, it's like blinking and says something like waiting or whatever."

Her phone buzzes while Zach is thinking, Candace responded first: "I yelled at Dean for being stupid. He's being all mopey now. Sometimes I don't think he likes that it's my car. He kept telling me how to drive. Like he knows everything. But okay. We'll drive around the block a couple times."

When Savannah rolls to a stop behind Zach's SUV, he is crouched by the door, having slid it partway open, and looking in. He hears her approaching and gives some vaguely military hand signals, but the gist is pretty clear, he wants her to stop before going in. "I'm pretty sure there's no one inside." He draws his gun and prepares to enter the building. He stands up from kneeling into semi crouch, the gun held in both hands pointing down and to the left. Clearly he's excited about the prospect of a raid.

Peeking in through the open door she can see a large (42" or so) monitor on a stand, in portrait orientation, in the middle of the floor. The warehouse is essentially one large room, with regularly spaced columns, but no walls except for a small office in the back. There is a black equipment case on the ground next to the monitor stand. Zach looks back at Savannah, "We goin' in?"

He seemed to remember she can't actually respond verbally this time.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:36 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21 - Nat 20!
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 37

Presence pauses for a moment before leaving her Corolla, quickly sending Candace a response before exiting the vehicle and making her way to Zach. "I don't think you had to yell at him. You know how he gets, Candace. And thank you for your help. Make sure to thank Dean for me as well, I'm afraid I'm heading into the warehouse now and don't have time to send another text for him." With her text sent she glances briefly at her car's trunk, considering just grabbing her outfit and transforming... No, it'll draw too much attention even if just one person is watching from afar. Almost reluctantly, she leaves her suit in the car. Besides, she thinks with a grimace, these clothes shouldn't tear too badly should I transform. And they're not my favorites... She shakes her head, clearing it as she approaches Zach, taking his cue and crouching by the other side of the door with a more matronly smile on her lips.

She listens to him speak as she peeks inside, looking about the room for but a moment, noting the monitor. Just before she pulls her head back she checks to see if she can note any wiring coming from the monitor, and to where it would lead. She turns to face Zach, flashing a few signs at him before sighing, remembering that despite their time together not one of her companions had learned to translate her various signs. She reaches across the opening, gently lowering his gun a touch more and putting her finger to her lips, gently shushing the man in an attempt to show him to be silent. With that, she pauses, before nodding and sliding into the room as silently as possible, making sure to do so before Zach could assert himself between her and the doorway.

-------
Rolls

To follow the wires from the monitor (if spotted) and trace them, and to identify where they lead if traced: Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 78 / 70% -- Failed
To sneak into the warehouse without being too noticeable, nice and quiet: Prowl: 1d100 = 73 / 60% -- Failed
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 am

(Rolls held)

If Presence sees nothing happening or moving in the room:

Presence pulls into the room, arms held up in a fighting stance as she stays low, eyes scanning the room. After a moment of nothing occurring, she frowns, and slowly stands. Moving forward now, she waves Zach forward, pointing to the office in the back, holding her finger to her mouth once more. She then points to herself and then to the monitor. If he gives confirmation, she nods and makes her way to the monitor, forgoing silence due to the lack of... anything, really, happening in the warehouse. If he gives her a blank stare or a similar reaction, she rolls her eyes and makes her way to the monitor anyways.

She keeps an eye on the office on the back, as well as subtly checking each of the pillars she passes, just in case there were malcontents hiding behind them. Once she reaches the monitor, she crouches once more, examining the monitor even as she pulls out her phone, quickly sending a message to Dean, which she copy-pastes to Candace as well: "In the warehouse. Monitor of some kind, as well as an... equipment case? No movement, Zach is casing the joint, primarily an office in the back, while I investigate the screen and the case."

Setting her phone down on the ground near the equipment case, she determines that she has absolutely no idea why the monitor would be placed in the middle of room other than for flair. Taking a closer look at the wiring, she finds that she can't trace them into the darkness of the corners of the room, and frowns, shaking her head. No nightvision in my normal form... no use in trying to trace the wires unless I was really curious.

If the monitor doesn't react to her presence in any way, she turns to the equipment case, pausing to listen for movement, her eyes scanning for anything out of place. If nothing happens, she looks for latches and locks on the equipment case, takes note of them, and sets it back down. She also makes sure to notice whether it is empty or filled. Odd. Why leave this here? For me to find, perhaps?

If the monitor does react, she will pay attention to what happens and immediately take a few steps back, combat stance back to bear. Of course there'd be a message from this thing. Hopefully it doesn't distract Zach too much...

If she notes any undue movement or sounds inside the warehouse at any point, she stops what she was doing, focuses on it, and takes up her combat stance.

If Presence notes movement or out-of-place sound inside the room:

Her eyes snap to the disturbance, trying to make sense of it and, if possible, identify it. She still moves into the room, but keeps her combat stance and stays near the door, only moving forward a few steps at a time. She keeps her eyes on the movement/towards the sound, and motions for Zach to stay near her. She makes her way to the monitor, flicking her eyes across the room every so often to search for other disturbances before returning her senses to the primary/initial provocation. Just stay quiet Zach... don't let them notice us if I haven't already given us away... Entering into a dark warehouse without any other entrance or light source was bound to attract attention. Hopefully they didn't notice... if it's even people that are here.

If no aggressive or overt motions/sounds are made, Presence continues to the monitor, pointing to Zach and drawing her finger all around the room, letting him know to keep guard. She brings out her phone and quickly sends a message to Dean, not having time to send it to Candace as well: "In warehouse. Disturbances inside, being careful." She slides her phone back into her pocket and examines the monitor and equipment case as described above.

If aggressive or overt motions/sounds are made at any point, Presence stands fully and transforms, hoping to awe and/or surprise them with the transformation, foregoing inconspicuousness for being battle-ready. Her nightvision activates in this form, allowing her to scan the room easily without problems as to the lack of light, and identify any problems in it. There goes being subtle... She pulls Zach close to her, so that he can help protect her while staying safe by her side.

If the motions/sounds end up being what appear to be living creatures, she calls out to them, making sure her voice is heard throughout the warehouse and only a little further beyond its walls, 20 feet out, but doesn't reach any further than that, "Come out and keep calm, I don't wish to hurt any of you." This activates her Power of Command, specifically for "Come out and keep calm," as well as triggering the need to roll to save against her Awe Factor, due to her speaking. If this doesn't work, initiative is rolled upon discovery of hostile intent.

If the motions/sounds are from non-living beings, such as robots or energy creatures, she stands still and watches them. If they prove to have hostile intent, she frowns and initiative is rolled upon discovery of hostile intent. If not, she calls out, making sure her voice only reaches to a little beyond the warehouse walls, 20 feet out, "Who is out there, why send me here only to push me into a corner? If this is your work, Steele, explain yourself." She uses her Power of Command on this, specifically for the term "explain yourself." This also triggers her Awe Factor to be rolled against.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm

As Presence approaches the monitor it crackles to life.
Image
"Hello Ms Preston," the face on the monitor begins to speak, the eyes seem to be following Presence as she moves. "I am Lance Steele. Thank you for accepting our invitation. You may also know me as Terror Knight," he says as a PIP window showing a very different super hero, Image pops up in the corner of the monitor. It only stays up for 10 seconds before disappearing.

Steele continues,"We recognize your abilities and want to extend an invitation to voluntarily join the Omegas, one of the sanctioned super hero groups in Century Station." There is most definitely a threat implied, it's not veiled at all. The tired eyes never waver from tracking Presence. After a brief pause - clearly calculated to let the threat sink in - the screen blinks to a different set of images. There's a map of Century Station taking up most of the screen. It has an area highlighted called Century Park with brief stats flashing by. Then another window pops up on the screen showing a...creature:
Image

"We would like to ask you to perform a mission," the middle-manager looking face returns to the screen. "There was significant dimensional anomaly in the area and as security camera caught the creature. We don't know what it is or where it is from. We don't know if it's an animal or if it's sentient." The map flashes up in a corner of the screen, this time showing a larger map of Century Station. It shows map routes to the last known sighting. When this message is complete, you will receive a text message with detailed map coordinates and all the images you've seen so far."[/b] For the first time since the video started, Steele looks off screen. He returns to his emotionless stare and says, "I'm sure you have questions Ms Preston. Chief among them is 'Why me?'. We are not an organization of unlimited resources, the Omegas even more so compared to the Centurions. The Centurions are 100% engaged with multi-national threat. And as for the Omegas, I would rather have you attempt a quiet mission than even the most subtle of them. The last time, yesterday, two of them patrolled Silver City we had numerous complaints. I won't go into details," He looks tired as he describes that last bit, a every so slight head shake accompanying the description.

Seeming to recover, Steele begins again in the more aggressive tone he began with. "The second question is probably about resources." His eyes roam a little bit almost as if he's counting something. "That case," he motions to the black case on the floor. It's the first indication that this might be a live communication. "Inside are radios keyed to the Omega's frequency for you and your assistants, as well as a secure phone for you Ms Preston. If you choose to, there are four of our standard combat uniforms. They are made of hyper-memetic material and will conform to you size, and expand and adapt to changes. We do not generally issue firearms, unless that is one's specialty."

He stares at her fore a moment, looking directly in her eyes. "If you want to walk away, that is your choice." he says, but again, it's pretty clear it's a bad choice. "If you want to participate in protecting this city legally, simply accept the text message that will be sent shortly. It includes a one-time password to the secure phone. It is already calibrated with your finger print.

"Thank you for your time. I look forward to speaking with you again soon." he says and then signs off.

Only a second later her phone buzzes with a text that says only, "ACCEPT?" and has the look of a hyperlink of some kind that's just waiting to be tapped.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Image
Yes. It was indeed a wibbly wobbly swirly thing. Brennet can't really remember when he saw it, but he knows he did. He was somewhere. Sometime. He was in a forest full of old trees. Wait was he in a forest full of old trees before or is that where he is now? Looking around, he realizes he's on his back. Also he realizes he can't really see anything. His massive eyes are filmed over, everything is cloudy. A cold wind cuts across his body, he's completely naked. It's not a breeze though, it's the ice quickly subliming off of his body. The air borders on warm. Still. He is naked. And he can't really see. His sense of smell returns first. The subliming ice left an ammonia like scent, very subtle. He could smell the grass - he was lying on cropped grass, the cut ends' distinctive smell obvious even while impaired - the grass around him was burnt and frozen. At the same time. It was disorienting. As if a person was seeing a image that was black and red at the same time. His eyes have still not recovered, but they could tell him little that his nose isn't. He's lying on grass, yes, but at the edge of a forest or large wood. He can smell the largely deciduous trees, a few evergreens, but one smell dominates all of them. There is either a singular tree or a dense group of trees, and he's downwind from them. His nose picks up on something that is more embarrassing than unpleasant, he stinks. Stinks like he's been running laps in the hot summer sun while wearing cold weather gear. HIs stink does bring some comfort though, it's easy to identify. And that makes it easy to smell that his jumpsuit is somehow about ten feet away.

As the last of the ice disappears, Brennet still can't see, but his nose is working 100% and his ears seem to be mostly functional as well. He knows he's near a forest, but he also smells the almost nauseating mixture of chemicals that means a city is very close. Faint sounds start to get louder and clearing. First it's the ever present drone of cars and aircars. Then the sharper noises of honks and horns. Gunshots punctuate the more prosaic sounds. It quickly devolves into a cacophony.

The ice in his hot-cold hole decides to melt instead of sublime. The ground under Brennet becomes muddy and slippery, caking his hair covered body.

And he still can't see.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Mon May 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
Jic d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 78


Savannah stays quiet during the presentation she is given. Slowly, she even seems to drop her combat stance. If this Agent Steele wanted to jump me, he'd have done so by now. With a shake of her head, she refocuses on his words.

"Hello Ms Preston," the face on the monitor begins to speak, the eyes seem to be following Presence as she moves. "I am Lance Steele. Thank you for accepting our invitation. You may also know me as Terror Knight," he says as a PIP window showing a very different super hero pops up in the corner of the monitor. It only stays up for 10 seconds before disappearing.


She winces at the term "Miss Preston," immediately banishing the negative thoughts associated with it. Still a touch wary at this point, she does indeed calm a bit at this news, arcing an eyebrow at the PIP image, associating the two before accepting it. I certainly hardly look like myself when transformed. Perhaps it is the same for him. He doesn't have much reason to lie to me, hiding behind a screen. At this point, she waves Zach over, nodding to the playing monitor. He had certainly noticed it already, and she wants to be sure he gets the whole message to this as well. In addition, her phone flicks out, the woman quickly tapping a few buttons to set it to record before she hands it over to Zach, pointing at the recording symbol and then pointing at the monitor. With that done, she frowns, and settles herself in for the message.

Steele continues,"We recognize your abilities and want to extend an invitation to voluntarily join the Omegas, one of the sanctioned super hero groups in Century Station." There is most definitely a threat implied, it's not veiled at all. The tired eyes never waver from tracking Presence. After a brief pause - clearly calculated to let the threat sink in - the screen blinks to a different set of images. There's a map of Century Station taking up most of the screen. It has an area highlighted called Century Park with brief stats flashing by. Then another window pops up on the screen showing a...creature:


As the map pulls up, Presence crosses her arms, eyes quickly scanning the map. She had practically memorized the thing for her patrols. That, and she lived in Everett, quite nearby to the park. Hmm. Of course that place would be the location of a disturbance. It's always the site of some preternatural activity or similar. She purses her lips at the threat, only mildly concerned for it for herself. Rather, her eyes glance to the man at her side, hopefully not bumbling too badly with her phone, in which case she quietly rights it and turns it to continue recording the screen, offering him a motherly smile. They'd have difficulties catching me if I refuse, at best. At worst, it'd certainly be an interesting fight with the Omegas. She closes her eyes briefly, furrowing her brow as she tries to recollect her research spent on the fellows. It had been a while since she'd done a lay of the land hero-wise, and she wasn't even sure if her information was accurate at this point.

The creature makes Presence blink once she reopens her eyes, her mind doing what she had trained it to do for years: despite the alien-looking physiology, she quickly scanned her eyes over the creature, noting everything she could about it in the brief time it was on the screen. Its joints, its physiology, possible natural advantages it had... and, most importantly, any injuries or significant problems it seemed to have with its body. She quickly gathers she's probably going to be meeting this being if she goes along with what Steele wants, so she wants to know everything she can about it as possible. Odd creature. Hopefully it will last in my care, or the care of whomever it ends up with.

"We would like to ask you to perform a mission," the middle-manager looking face returns to the screen. "There was significant dimensional anomaly in the area and as security camera caught the creature. We don't know what it is or where it is from. We don't know if it's an animal or if it's sentient." The map flashes up in a corner of the screen, this time showing a larger map of Century Station. It shows map routes to the last known sighting. "When this message is complete, you will receive a text message with detailed map coordinates and all the images you've seen so far." For the first time since the video started, Steele looks off screen. He returns to his emotionless stare and says, "I'm sure you have questions Ms Preston. Chief among them is 'Why me?'. We are not an organization of unlimited resources, the Omegas even more so compared to the Centurions. The Centurions are 100% engaged with multi-national threat. And as for the Omegas, I would rather have you attempt a quiet mission than even the most subtle of them. The last time, yesterday, two of them patrolled Silver City we had numerous complaints. I won't go into details," He looks tired as he describes that last bit, a every so slight head shake accompanying the description.


I'm more subtle than the Omegas, then. She chuckles, her frown curling to a small smirk for but a moment. And I tend to have a good rap, probably. Might be why I was contacted at all, instead of being taken in by force like the Centurions like to do. Once more checking to be sure Zach was recording properly, and fixing his mistake with a frown if he has it wrong again, she continues her thoughts as she memorizes the routes presented to her. I take it the mission is to take the thing into custody... or at the very least to question it. Always trust a government official to be as vague as possible. With Zach's recording efforts dealt with, she faces the monitor fully once more.

Seeming to recover, Steele begins again in the more aggressive tone he began with. "The second question is probably about resources." His eyes roam a little bit almost as if he's counting something. "That case," he motions to the black case on the floor. It's the first indication that this might be a live communication. "Inside are radios keyed to the Omega's frequency for you and your assistants, as well as a secure phone for you Ms Preston. If you choose to, there are four of our standard combat uniforms. They are made of hyper-memetic material and will conform to you size, and expand and adapt to changes. We do not generally issue firearms, unless that is one's specialty."


She glances over to the black case, her eyes widening a touch at the mention of the combat uniforms. Those would certainly be useful... as would the phone. She purses her lips, returning her eyes to the monitor and disregarding the equipment case. So my friends would be in on this. I suppose he figured I wouldn't be able to keep them out of it if I went in. Still... She shifts her gaze to Zach briefly. Good guy. He'd probably be running around tossing thugs into jail cells even if I hadn't showed up... and the other two are just as enthusiastic. A smirk crosses her lips as she thinks of how Dean would react to all of this. For the most part, at least. Happy thoughts aside, the monitor remains the focus of her attention.

He stares at her fore a moment, looking directly in her eyes. "If you want to walk away, that is your choice." he says, but again, it's pretty clear it's a bad choice. "If you want to participate in protecting this city legally, simply accept the text message that will be sent shortly. It includes a one-time password to the secure phone. It is already calibrated with your finger print."


She frowns, and once again the concern for her fellows came to mind. They're not going to be safe if I don't do this... After a moment of thought on the situation, though, she nods. The Omegas didn't have the best image from what she recalled... but they were there for the right reasons. Having a team at my back, even if I'm personally restricted... it'll keep these three safe, threats aside. She nods at the text message comment, not surprised by the fact he seemed to know her phone number, or at least someone associated did, although she gives the monitor a patient smile at the comment, clearly not quite approving of digging into her personal records, even if the need was present for it.

"Thank you for your time. I look forward to speaking with you again soon." he says and then signs off. Only a second later her phone buzzes with a text that says only, "ACCEPT?" and has the look of a hyperlink of some kind that's just waiting to be tapped.


She takes the phone from Zachary, giving him the most matronly thumbs up she could as she took the phone into her own hands and clicks off the recording. She saves it, noting its presence for later. Opening the text message, she shows it to Zachary, tapping the screen just above the hyperlink and tilting her head, effectively asking for his opinion.

Regardless of his response, she texts Candace and Dean, "Come to the warehouse, it's safe. Just a message from that Agent Steele. I have something I want to discuss with you both." She almost sends them the recording, but thinks better of it and simply will show them it when they arrive. It shouldn't be too long before the get here, they should be on the block, at least.

If Zachary approves of the acceptance, she will nod, giving him an approving smile and agreeing with his sentiment. If he does not, she will slowly twirl a finger in a circle, noting for him to continue if he didn't explain his reasoning. She frowns, but nods, understanding of his disapproval, quickly sending him a short, simple text, "I just want to keep you three safe. If I don't comply... you all could get really hurt. I don't want that." Knowing he will conform to her judgement fully regardless of her decision, she calmly waits for the other two.

Once the other two arrive, she will play the recording for them and show them the message afterward, sending a quick text. "Thoughts? Accept, don't accept?" If they both agree with accepting, she will give them the same smile and nod she gave Zachary earlier. If one or both of them disagree, she will send them the same message she sent Zachary earlier, with a frown.

Once they begin to digest the information, Presence will give them a matronly smile, and slide the equipment case between them, finding the latches on it and clicking them to lay open the case. She briefly examines the suits within, as well as her phone and the radios. One suit for each of us... this will certainly keep them safe. I can help them and so many others with official backing. She closes her eyes, breathing out into a sigh, before flashing a smile to her friends, and grabbing the secure phone.

With that, she looks at the secure phone for a moment, before turning to her current one, the "Accept?" message still on screen. Well, here we go then. She taps the acceptance link, hardly hesitant about doing so, having made her decision before the "interview" had even finished.

----------

Rolls

To see just how thorough any information she had garnered on the Omegas through research was in the past, as well as recollection of this information: Research: 1d100 = 47 / 60% - Passed!
To identify general characteristics of the creature she was shown: Biology: 1d100 = 91 / 70% - Failed!
To identify anything wrong with the creature, i.e. a preliminary medical diagnosis: Medical Doctor, to diagnose: 1d100 = 70 / 100% - Passed!
To assuage and calm Zachary of her decision (probably automatic success due to Divine Aura Followers ability, rolling just in case): Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 88 / 94% - Passed!
To assuage and calm Candace of her decision (probably automatic success due to Divine Aura Followers ability, rolling just in case): Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 18 / 94% - Amazing, she passed!
To assuage and calm Dean of her decision (probably automatic success due to Divine Aura Followers ability, rolling just in case): Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 23 / 94% - Who knew having a 94% in something meant you tend to pass it? I didn't! Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 13 , 1d100 = 38

Current Conditions:
Lost , Confused , Muddy , Naked 1st , than smelly Jump Suit 2nd , Blind

- - - - - - -

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Also he realizes he can't really see anything. His massive eyes are filmed over, everything is cloudy.

Damn it , this is not good .. need to hide.

Brennet is normally keenly aware of the world around him .. right now is very disorientated / confused / and very lost .. and feeling very vulnerable.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:A cold wind cuts across his body, he's completely naked. It's not a breeze though, it's the ice quickly subliming off of his body. The air borders on warm. Still. He is naked.


Brennet shivers and begins to slowly/carefully creep/crawl along trying to find some type of temporary shelter .. form the wind and to hide.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:His sense of smell returns first. The subliming ice left an ammonia like scent, very subtle. He could smell the grass - he was lying on cropped grass, the cut ends' distinctive smell obvious even while impaired - the grass around him was burnt and frozen. At the same time. It was disorienting. As if a person was seeing a image that was black and red at the same time. His eyes have still not recovered, but they could tell him little that his nose isn't. He's lying on grass, yes, but at the edge of a forest or large wood. He can smell the largely deciduous trees, a few evergreens, but one smell dominates all of them. There is either a singular tree or a dense group of trees, and he's downwind from them. His nose picks up on something that is more embarrassing than unpleasant, he stinks. Stinks like he's been running laps in the hot summer sun while wearing cold weather gear. HIs stink does bring some comfort though, it's easy to identify. And that makes it easy to smell that his jumpsuit is somehow about ten feet away.


Well , that's a start.
Brennet slowly and carefully makes his way over to his smelly jumpsuit .. Once there , he puts it on .. and although it smells .. it is a bit comforting to not be soo exposed .. naked and cold.

I'm still easy prey .. need to find a place to hide and lay low.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:As the last of the ice disappears, Brennet still can't see, but his nose is working 100% and his ears seem to be mostly functional as well. He knows he's near a forest, but he also smells the almost nauseating mixture of chemicals that means a city is very close. Faint sounds start to get louder and clearing. First it's the ever present drone of cars and aircars. Then the sharper noises of honks and horns. Gunshots punctuate the more prosaic sounds. It quickly devolves into a cacophony.

The ice in his hot-cold hole decides to melt instead of sublime. The ground under Brennet becomes muddy and slippery, caking his hair covered body.


After getting his jumpsuit on .. the muddy Brennet crawls along , staying low to the ground continuing to try and find a bit of shelter and a place to hide for a little while .. He continues to smell the air , listen to the sounds around him , and such as he goes , to try and get as much of a crude idea of his environment and what's around him as he can.

Looking for temporary shelter to hide in for a little while.
Perception above (-whatever)

If useful / needed:
Wilderness Survival Skill 70% Rolled: 1d100 = 70

and

Heightened Sense of Smell:
Range : 100' ( up to 300' down wind without penalty )
ID Odors: 90% (another +10% to common smells) Rolled: 1d100 = 42
ID Poison, Toxins, Chemicals 70% Rolled: 1d100 = 25

If he feels up to it .. Brennet will try and help make his hiding better .. like he normally does , change his color to better blend in with his environment .. sense he can't see what the colors are around himself .. soo he uses his color manipulation go glass like clear color .. each item/layer takes 1 action .. soo given his condition , probably longer than normal , around ~45 seconds or so in his current condition to turn it all clear (mud, jump suit, fur, skin, muscle, bone, etc,etc) .. IF he is even up to doing it at all.

Maybe , at least I won't be a black speck on a white ground , or other such completely obvious contrast.
Prowl Skill 85% Rolled: 1d100 = 38

Damn it do I reek .. 2nd thing I need to do is find a source of water to clean up a bit.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 pm

(Rolls carried)

Presence stares at her phone cheerfully doing nothing for nearly a minute before frowning. Great. Of course it decides to be slow now. She takes the secure phone and slides in her pocket as she passes out the suits, deigning to not put hers on quite yet. No need to until they were in a place that was more comfortable than a damp warehouse.

Once everyone has their equipment, she will send texts to each of them, while at the same time heading out of the warehouse, preferably with the others in tow.

To Candace, "Take Zachary and scope out around the park. Send me pictures of any cameras. I'll give you my secure phone's number when I get access to it. Please let me know if anyone starts getting curious and tries to come and see what this being and I are doing. Stop them if you can. Peacefully, of course."

To Dean, "You'll come with me into the park. Once I find our odd friend, find a bench or somewhere to sit nearby, preferably where cameras aren't present. Take your laptop and use what charge it has left to dig up what you can on Agent Steele, Terror Knight, and the Omegas. If someone gets curious, use the 'research for the story' excuse. It worked well last time."

To Zachary, "Go with Candace and keep an eye out for people around the park. I don't want any undue visitors during this. Use the 'I'm escorting my lady friend here' excuse if someone gets nosy."

To all three in their group text chat, "Take separate cars there, arrive with five to ten minutes between each other, just text when you get there so the rest of us know. Dean's the obvious exception here, he'll be with me. I need him to do some research for me. If you want, you can stop to put on that blue outfit if you want. You'll need it eventually in any case, if you want to keep going on romps with me."

With all the messages sent, she enters her car, waiting for Dean to get in the passenger seat as she passes his laptop over and starts up the Corolla. She closes her eyes, and sighs. Not how I expected this night to go. At least I didn't get arrested for helping people, or get jumped on. She mentally reviews everything, before opening her eyes and giving Dean a soft smile. With that, she heads out, planning to stop somewhere and put on her suit to give the others time to do their scouting and put on their own suits.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 pm

SOCIETY HILL
Location: Century Park
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 1:03 am
Weather: Partially cloudy, light breeze off the water (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
[The timestamp and location are at the END of the gm post - i.e. they are the starting point for your posts.]

Precense
Candace and Zack are totally into accepting. Naturally Dean pretends to be analytical and not let emotions cloud his judgement. He's a poor dissembler however, and his analytic brain clearly indicates the benefits of accepting.

Again, Zack and Candace are excited about their own "super suit". Zack strips to his skivvies right there and puts it on. He grins. He pulls the concealed armor vest on and snugs his gear onto the attachment points. "Man boss!" he says, in his excitement forgetting that the boss can't reply, "This is awesome." And he actually does look tough, especially given his natural size. Candace of course demurs just like the boss.

When Savannah outlines her plan, Zack jumps into action, practically dragging Candace to the SUV. He relents when he actually reads the rest of Savannah's instructions. Candace gives him a look and then proceeds to her car.

Dean, who is actually picking up ASL pretty quickly, signs to Savannah that he understands. He gets into the car - he doesn't tell Savannah how to drive - and begins the research.

Traffic is terrible at all hours of the day in Century Station, and today is no exception. There's a lot of honking, sudden stops, and way to many intersections with that indecision where it's a yellow light and should you speed up and make it or slam on the brakes and not get a ticket? Eventually Savannah reaches her home in Everett and dashes inside to change, Dean saying he'd rather get shot than wear spandex. As Savannah is admonishing Dean (which isn't actually that terrible since they are using sign), a blue Ford pulls up. Candace smiles, dashes inside and changes, then dashes back out, but then back in only to come out a second later with a light jacket over her super suit. She blushes a little as she looks at Savannah and Dean. Then she drives off, as she leaves the navigation voice, turned up to eleven says, TURN RIGHT ON 4TH AVENUE TOWARDS PROSPERITY STREET NORTH WEST.

Moments later Dean relents, goes inside, and comes back out in his suit. The epiphany hit him that the super suit works just fine under his business suit. Hopping back into the car with Savannah, he immediately gets back to the research, throwing all his considerable intellect and research skills into it.

When the eventually arrive at the park, the darkness is offset by the general city glow. The park however has pockets of night deeper than most other places, save maybe the Labyrinth. There are many tree covered areas in the park, the most famous area is called the Grand Lady and Her Maidens where a giant oak presides over the city's deepest forest.

And Savannah thinks that is the location pictured in the video.

Meanwhile her assistants stroll about the park, which isn't that unusual in a city this size. It's funny how they work together, sometimes doing absolutely the silliest things. They are sending Savannah plenty of photos, and they are all selfies. That probably adds to their "cover", appearing to be a young couple to most observers. The intelligence is marginally useful. They don't capture anything overtly useful, but the lack of other park-users is encouraging.

Brennet
Brennet doesn't know it, but what he's suffering from has a very technical and scientific name, but no one uses that. No, what people call it is "hibernation sickness" a call back to some classic movie. For some reason this hibernation sickness causes the optic nerves to shut down after prolonged cryogenic storage. Being as Brennet was never frozen, as far as he knows, his current blindness would not seem to be caused by something along these lines. But, when one is ripped from one dimension flung across time and space through the void and countless other dimensions and variations of creation, there is no saying if and for how long he may have been frozen.

Add to that exiting from the void into the real world like a blazing comet that smashes into the earth, his severe disorientation becomes more understandable. Not to Brennet however, who is not privy to the more or less accurate description of events.

What he feels about is new situation is much much scarier. He is still blind after what feels like ten minutes, but that's probably distorted one way or the other. He found his jumpsuit, but putting it on he can feel and smell that there are holes burned through it. Thankfully, the holes are mostly focused on the forearms. His furry butt cheeks are plenty covered. Blind, he is unsure that his camouflage ability is being effective. There's no way to tell either, but he can actually make an educated guess.

He has crawled from his muddy landing pit towards the trees. His nose and sense of touch tell him when he reaches the copse. The ground changes from freshly cut grass to lumpy moss with masses of tree root knees popping up. He has crawled closer to the powerful tree smell. He's closer, so he is pretty sure it's oak. He is in a fairly healthy wooded area. It's primarily oak trees, but a variety of other trees grow here as well. The understory is limited, a few low shrubs here and there, but mostly the ground is mossy. Further sniffing and he identifies a large quantity of mushrooms. He can smell the network of mycelium under much of the forest floor. Where there isn't moss, the floor is deep with leaf litter. He can smell the decay from many years of Fall's dropped leaves. So, given all that, even without seeing, Brennet is able to take on convincing shades of green and brown, punctuated by the ghostly white of the occasional mushroom.

He also smells salt water.

His other senses, touch, taste, and hearing, also provide some useful input. He can feel the air, it's moving slightly, observably now that all the weird sensations that were the result of being a popsicle comet have started to wear off. Besides the air and the quality of the ground, his sense of touch tells him the size of the trees around him, some plenty big enough to hid behind. And since he knows the direction of the grassy field, he has a good sense of which side of the tree to hide on. Taste, he probably doesn't taste anything, his nose doing the job well enough.

Now hearing tells him a lot. He knows he is in a city, probably a big city. But the size of the forest doesn't make sense if it is in a city. The CS certainly didn't have large forests in their cities, and the Germans probably didn't either. The sounds of a city all around him are clear and distinct, there is no mistaking the interpretation. And more immediately, within a 10 minute window three cars have pulled up, in two different lots. He can hear one group talking. A man and a woman. The other group isn't talking. The man and woman walk around. He can't see them yet, but he knows they are there. They seem to be having a fun time. The other group is much much quieter.

Oh, he still can't see.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Tue May 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 6 , 1d100 = 99

Current Conditions:
Lost , Confused , Muddy , Torn/Burnt/Smelly Jump Suit , Blind
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Brennet still no idea where he is , still confused about what his senses are telling him , an starting to be afraid this blindness might be permanent .. His instinct to hide continues.

Thinking .. This is bad .. very bad .. what if it's permanent ? .. I don't have any credits for a good doctor .. Not even gear to trade .. One little laser or rail gun and I'm just a red mist .. and no weapon to fight back with .. talk about squishy .. If this city is in CS territory , I might get shot on sight. :pale:

Brennet continues to try and stay hidden out of sight .. as best he can.
Prowl 85% (-Applicable Penalties) Rolled: 1d100 = 47

Trees .. but in a city .. Maybe it's someone's yard .. freshly cut lawn too .. but who would have a yard big enough for this many trees ? .. maybe over there .. where there are many years worth of leaves .. maybe that isn't checked often.

Continuing to very slowly and carefully and low to the ground .. Brennet tries to make his way deeper into the 'many years' of leaves area / direction.

As he hears the sounds of people .. his 1st impulse is to sneak away from them .. his 2nd impulse is to try and hear what they are saying .. maybe it will give him some kind of hints who they are or where he is .. He opts for about ~80% #1 .. staying as hidden as he can , and listening carefully to hopefully make out a little of what they are saying / doing (Perception Above).

What if they are guards patrolling this giant yard , for who ever rich person has this kind of yard inside a city?
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13, +1 after transformation, so 14.
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 - Nat 20!/ 1d100 = 67


Presence can't help but smirk at her companion's antics, shutting her phone after checking once more to see if clicking the hyperlink she had clicked had done anything. Probably just set up a keystroker on my phone, knowing how these things usually go. In any case, she closes her phone and strides among the trees, letting out a long sigh as she closes her eyes. She simply listens for a long moment, taking note of everything in the park, using her survival skills in an attempt to identify anything that doesn't belong.

Once she has done this, if she noticed anything wrong, she will come close to it before doing what she does next. If not, she enters the copse and makes her way through the trees to the Gray Lady.

In any case, as she makes her way to either location she will stay low, hoping to keep quiet and somewhat hidden. In addition, once she reaches her destination she will check for anyone, alien or otherwise. She will stand slowly, and glance down to the suit. Well, here's hoping this suit works as advertised... With that, she closes her eyes and transforms into Presence. It's rather quick, her body almost gracefully stretching into its new proportions and figure, the woman actually pulling into a real stretch as she finishes her near-instant metamorphosis into her heroic form.

She lets out an audible sigh, her voice like velvet against the air about her, although it doesn't reach out far enough to reach distant ears, with her incredibly precise control over her voice. "Ah... and such a gift the ability to speak is..." With no one to listen to her, she lets her usual proclamation trail into nothingness as she opens her eyes once more, watching as the events of the world almost unfold in slow motion about her, her heightened reflexes practically superhuman to allow her to function at the sonic speeds at which her body worked when in this form. She flits her gaze across the park about her, closing them once more to listen out for anything odd, her vision cutting through the darkness, although her ears are no better than normal.

After listening for a short while to try and locate anything, she will once more let her eyes drift open, the woman quickly inspecting her form to find the suit still well intact. With a nod, she makes her way closer to anything which didn't fit with the presence of the nature about it, if she notices anything at all. She doesn't bother much with stealth now, as she opens her mouth to speak, her voice clearly heard out to 1,600 feet, calm and reassuring. "Whoever is there, wherever you may be, it is quite safe to come out. Please, don't hide from me." The last words, "don't hide from me," seem to almost resonate with some ethereal quality, making them even more difficult to cast from one's mind than the other silky phrases.

With that, she waits patiently, almost like a mother awaiting the return of their child after the count of three.

Anyone who hears her words must:
  • Roll against an Awe Factor of 14
  • Power of Command: Save against a psionic/mind control attack (Standard Save) or be forced to obey her "Don't hide from me" command, and lose a melee action in the process of obeying.
  • Resist the Trust/Intimidate roll, whose result is in the Rolls Section further down the post.

----------

Rolls

To see if she can notice anything wrong with the natural order of the park: Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 98 / 40% - Horrible, just horrible! Failed!
To stay stealthy as she makes her way about the park in a quiet manner: Prowl: 1d100 = 9 / 60% - She passed a Prowl for once! Amazing! Passed!
A second check of the area around her, to specifically pinpoint the unnatural presence of something once more: Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 72 / 40% - At least she recognized the trees as trees this time! Failed!
To let anyone listening feel exceptionally trusting of her words: Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 63 / 97% - This is absolutely going to fail at a critical moment, isn't it? Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Oh damn...

While reviewing one of the selfies, savannah sees what is likely a crater in the grass across the park.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 pm

(Rolls carried)

With the knowledge of the crater in mind, she will question Zachary and Candace as to where they were in that particular selfie, and make her way there instead of wandering the forest aimlessly. She will make her second Wilderness Survival check, and transformation there, as well as investigating the crater upon finding it.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun May 21, 2017 9:55 pm

SOCIETY HILL
Location: Century Park
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 1:03 am
Weather: Partially cloudy, light breeze off the water (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
[The timestamp and location are at the END of the gm post - i.e. they are the starting point for your posts.]

Brennet
"Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur." Brennet's eyes are improving. Even if nothing is actually resolving into an image, he is detecting light.

His other senses certainly are not deficient. Among the smells and background sounds he's already identified, or at least cataloged, he now focuses on the people nearby. It's 80% good news, and 20% confusing. And then it's just all bad.

The good, it sounds like two young people bickering with each other in a very comfortable and familiar way. The way family members or couples would carry on at each other, when nothing is actually wrong. Here it seems they are discussing the angle for something called a "selfie". That leads right into the 20% confusing. They are clearly speaking American, but the accent is strange. It's not Chi-Town, it's not Lonestar, it's not Lazlo, it is most certainly not Ishpeming. It's not Euro, there's not even a hint of that. If anything they sound better educated, if not smarter, than most Americans.

And the bad: A powerful female voice, powerful and kind, calm and irresistible says, "Whoever is there, wherever you may be, it is quite safe to come out. Please, don't hide from me." She is speaking from the location where he crash landed. Right exactly from there. Her voice sounds honest and kind. She seems like a healer, not a fighter.*


Presence
"Yeah boss, we're near the forest,"[b] Zach answers Savannah's questions. [b]"Yeah, there's a hole there. Is it okay if we wait here? See if anything happens?" Zach asks after giving Savannah the best description he can. When she arrives on the scene and transforms, she walks across the cropped grass to the crater. It's muddy, with more water than seems plausible. It's smoldering in spots, and frosty in other spots. There's a vague trail that leads towards the woods, but it's only clear about five feet and then almost supernaturally disappears. The other evidence is a muddy patch a couple feet away, which has a similar side trail leading to it. She can see the security camera up on a lightpost, it probably was the one that took the photo.

After she speaks, everything is silent, the world waiting for a response.

*
Anyone who hears her words must:
Roll against an Awe Factor of 14
Power of Command: Save against a psionic/mind control attack (Standard Save) or be forced to obey her "Don't hide from me" command, and lose a melee action in the process of obeying.
Resist the Trust/Intimidate roll, whose result is in the Rolls Section further down the post.


What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 16 , 1d100 = 55

Condition:
Lost , Confused , Muddy , Torn/Burnt/Smelly Jump Suit , Blind

OOC Notes/Interpretation:
(her body radiates an aura that puts those that see her into a state of awe) .. don't effect a blind person who can't see it .. nor would PB effect a blind person who can't see that ;) .. But the Power of Command , her voice , and Ma still apply .. Previous JIC 6 +3 vs Psionics = 9 .. as non-Psionic needs 15+ to save = Save Failed .. Although hiding is an extremely natural instinctive reaction for Brennet.

- - - - - - - - -

Thankfully a bit of good luck .. A light blur .. and even better .. she sounds nice and safe .. I know she wants to help , I can trust her , she's someone I don't have to hide myself and how I look from.

Brennet cancels his color change forest colors .. reverting back to his natural state .. and leaves his hiding spot moving carefully (so as not to stumble/trip) toward the lovely voice .. His hands a little out in front of him (in case he does fall).

"H H Hello." He says to her in a little bit shaky voice .. And immediately starts to feel building anxiety .. drawling attention to himself like that , was not very anonymous .. as his anxiety starts to slowly build , his natural impulse to hide/blend in grows with it.

Those who see the little furry big fish headed 'man' .. roll to save vs HF: 11 ( Character's looks actually scare people. )

Brennet continues to pay close attention to the other voices/sounds .. He doesn't know if those other people can also be trusted.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 32


"Stay nearby, but not too close. We don't want to frighten it away." The text sends before Presence makes her way to the crater, in response to what Zachary and Candace told her. On her way, she texts Dean since she already has her phone out, "Any luck with that Omega research yet?" With that she clicks her phone away and focuses on continuing to the crater.

(OOC: JiC was Nat 20, +2 vs HF meaning a 22, so definitely passed against an 11, though I don't believe we're supposed to use our previous posts' JiC rolls from before the GM post. Still, moving this ahead! And that's a discussion for a different place. Anyways, on with the post, no more distractions!)

Presence simply smiles at the being before her, intelligent mind quickly at work at examining him now that she is in person. My, isn't this quite the adorable little thing! Sapient too, it seems, if it can respond. Or he's some sort of parrot-like creature, but that doesn't seem likely. Seeing him beginning to withdraw breaks her out of her brief reverie, and kicks her motherly instincts into gear as she quietly approaches, the distance between them vanishing due to her speed and grace. All that signifies her passing is the gentle sound of wind, almost as if a breeze had just occurred. She gently clasps each of Brennet's hands in one of her own, crouching down a little, scanning his eyes. "It's okay, I'm here now. I don't wish to hurt you." Her voice is calm, soothing, quiet. She gives off an aura of peace, just the touch of her hands can convey that.

As she holds his hands, she catches the scent of him, as if he had just jogged a marathon or two. While in skiing gear. Her nose crinkles a touch, but that quickly dissipates as she continues to speak. "Would you mind telling me your name? I'm Presence, or at the very least that is what I'm called. We're in Century Station now, if that has any meaning to you." As she speaks, she gently lets her hands drift across his body, expertly trained to feel and press lightly, checking for any wounds on the creature, as well as feeling the musculature, trying to identify the species and build of it. Her hands are akin to a massage against his form, softly pressing in a nearly rhythmical way as they glide across him. Should he profess a wish for her to cease, she will do so immediately.

After getting his name, she will respond, "Brennet (If that's the name he gives, if he gives something else she will respond with that name instead), then. Would you mind telling me where you're from? I'd like to know, it'd be wonderful to learn more about you." Her voice at this point is light, airy, encouraging him to continue in the most positive way possible. She lets the comment sink in for a moment, listening to what he has to say.

If he does not give his name, she will still say the above statement, but without prefacing it with his name. She will also sound a touch disappointed, rather than airy. She mulls over the responses quietly, letting her hands come back to his own and gently rubbing her thumbs across their backs as she thinks. Hmm... what am I to do with this being? Bring him in, arrest him, leave him... most likely the first one. After all, it would be best for the Omegas to question him, rather than the standard police. Especially due to his... She glances back to the crater just a short while away, origination.

She lets go of one of his hands, reaching for her phone, both of them, checking for a text from her Omega correspondent, as well as sending a text to Candace. During this, she keeps her hand on his, to make sure that he stays present at her side. If he does try to pull away, she gently pulls him closer, as a mother would do to their child to keep them at their side. "He seems harmless enough. You may come closer if you wish to do so." She turns her attention back to Brennet, speaking once more to him. "I have some friends coming over... they're quite conspicuous, and I apologize if they made you nervous earlier. I'm sure they made quite a noise if they passed through here." She gives him a winsome smile before continuing. "Don't worry about them, please. I trust them very much, and I'm certain that they'll get along well with you." Just to make sure, though, she sends Zachary a text. "He's cute, but quite odd looking. Please, don't make a scene, and don't let Candace make one either. We're trying to comfort him and help him relax, after all. Not interrogate him as if he were some dreadful villain."

With that, she continues to crouch with the fish-man, beginning to hum quietly as she waits for her friends to approach, keeping the tune slow and relaxing for her new acquaintance's sake.

If 15 seconds has passed before she has finished talking, anyone who hears her must:
  • Roll against an Awe Factor of 14 (OOC: Since this particular type of Awe Factor triggers based on when she talks, I would say even a blind man would still have to roll against it. :P)
  • Resist her Trust/Intimidate roll of the second "round" of actions, if necessary. Result will be further down in the post.

----------

Rolls

To once again attempt to determine his physiology, build, and similar physical details that might not be readily apparent: Biology: 1d100 = 15 / 70% - Passed!
To once again check him for injury, hopefully with better luck due to being able to examine him in person: Medical Doctor(first percentage, to diagnose): 1d100 = 63 / 100% - Passed!
If 15 seconds have passed, to keep him trusting of her words and demeanor. Reference this only if necessary: Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 37 / 97% - Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Wed May 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Previous made rolls for this time period expecting to apply as described bellow:

Condition:
Lost , Confused , Muddy , Torn/Burnt/Smelly Jump Suit , Visually Impaired
- - - - - -

Presence wrote:With that she clicks her phone away and focuses on continuing to the crater.


- - - - - - OOC: - - - - - -
If Brennet's Cloaking Power has returned .. GM call of course .. None of the camera pictures will show much.
HU2-p.256 wrote:The Character can never be photographed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presence wrote:she quietly approaches, the distance between them vanishing due to her speed and grace. All that signifies her passing is the gentle sound of wind, almost as if a breeze had just occurred.


(Based on already posted for this time period perception roll of 34 )
Brennet hears the sudden air movement .. and tenses up .. No, she's not attacking , he's not a fighter , she sounded like a healer. .. Brennet fights the impulse to flee/hide/dodge.

Presence wrote:She gently clasps each of Brennet's hands in one of her own, crouching down a little, scanning his eyes. "It's okay, I'm here now. I don't wish to hurt you." Her voice is calm, soothing, quiet. She gives off an aura of peace, just the touch of her hands can convey that.


When no attack comes , and the friendly / calm voice continues , Brennet eases up a little .. "Are , you a doctor?"

Presence wrote:"Would you mind telling me your name? I'm Presence, or at the very least that is what I'm called. We're in Century Station now, if that has any meaning to you." As she speaks, she gently lets her hands drift across his body, expertly trained to feel and press lightly, checking for any wounds on the creature, as well as feeling the musculature, trying to identify the species and build of it. Her hands are akin to a massage against his form, softly pressing in a nearly rhythmical way as they glide across him. Should he profess a wish for her to cease, she will do so immediately.


Although Brennet is still a little tense .. he doesn't pull away from the examination.

Brennet replies, "You can call me Brennet , but please keep it to yourself."

Presence wrote:"Brennet , then. Would you mind telling me where you're from? I'd like to know, it'd be wonderful to learn more about you."


"I've never heard of Century Station. Is this still Earth? That's where I'm from."

Presence wrote:"I have some friends coming over... they're quite conspicuous, and I apologize if they made you nervous earlier. I'm sure they made quite a noise if they passed through here."


Brennet tenses up just a tiny bit .. more attention is not good .. but if they are with her , they probably mean no harm to him.

Presence wrote:"Don't worry about them, please. I trust them very much, and I'm certain that they'll get along well with you."

Presence wrote:If 15 seconds has passed before she has finished talking, anyone who hears her must:
[list][*]Roll against an Awe Factor of 14 (OOC: Since this particular type of Awe Factor triggers based on when she talks, I would say even a blind man would still have to roll against it. :P)


For this time period I already made a JIC d20 of 16 and as far as I know Bonuses to HF apply to Awe the HU2-p.272 entry for this power describes it as both Awe/HF ... so Brennet also has +2 = 18 total .. Awe no effect this time period .. but does not matter at the moment she has so far not acted as a threat , and already established some trust and such .. and he thinks she's a healer of some type .. and he knows he needs some medical attention.

(if his Cloaking Power has returned) .. Brennet can't turn it off and it also applies to any medical even life saving devices:
HU2-.256 wrote:Life Saving Medical Equipment that scan or monitor are powerless to help this character.


- - - - - - - - Added - - -- - - - - -
When Brennet finally recovers enough to be able to see Presense .. and her divine beauty and aura ..
:shock:

Thinking , In all my years , only the lady goddess Rhada compared to such beauty. Surely she must also be a goddess.
Brennet bows low on all fours on the ground "I am most grateful for your kindness."

Image
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 pm

(Rolls carried)

When no attack comes , and the friendly / calm voice continues , Brennet eases up a little .. "Are , you a doctor?"


She nods, not sure yet if he can even see her. With his eyes, it's quite hard to tell... hmm. He seems more suited for water than for air and land, at least for his head. Perhaps that's why he's sopping wet? "Yes, I am a doctor. Fully licensed and able to care for many creatures should the need arise." If he's not human, might as well not call out the fact that's my specialty.

"I've never heard of Century Station. Is this still Earth? That's where I'm from."


She tilts her head, humming to herself for a moment. "Century Station is on Earth as well. In Illinois." Odd. Century Station is quite the landmark. Strange for a person not to know of it, even if they are from another land. His English is rather... Let's avoid the term crude-sounding. (Referring to the difference in accent.)

When Brennet finally recovers enough to be able to see Presense .. and her divine beauty and aura ..
:shock:

Thinking , In all my years , only the lady goddess Rhada compared to such beauty. Surely she must also be a goddess.
Brennet bows low on all fours on the ground "I am most grateful for your kindness."


Whenever this should happen, in the near present or in the far-fetched future, Presence practically blushes at the bow, quickly shaking her head. "It's certainly no trouble at all. I would never be rude or unforgiving to someone in need." She will smile then, matronly as she lifts up his chin, just a touch, to let his eyes better rest on hers. "And please, no need to bow. I am a caretaker, not a ruler." If it occurs when she is in her normal form, she will either text the words or sign them.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Fri May 26, 2017 1:46 am

Rolls Carried

Presence wrote:She nods, not sure yet if he can even see her. With his eyes, it's quite hard to tell... hmm. He seems more suited for water than for air and land, at least for his head. Perhaps that's why he's sopping wet? "Yes, I am a doctor. Fully licensed and able to care for many creatures should the need arise."


With a sigh of relief Brennet smiles, "That's the best news I've had all day. I lost my credits and gear for trade, but I am good for it. I got knocked around a little, but my main concern is my eyes, something happened to my eyes. First I couldn't see at all, now all I see is a a light blur. If at all possible, I'd rather not do replacements , I'd like to keep my eyes."

That's all I would need, cybernetic eyes , than I wouldn't be able to see myself.

Presence wrote:She tilts her head, humming to herself for a moment. "Century Station is on Earth as well. In Illinois." Odd. Century Station is quite the landmark. Strange for a person not to know of it, even if they are from another land. His English is rather... Let's avoid the term crude-sounding. (Referring to the difference in accent.)

(yes Brennet would most likely have a uneducated like accent from the American mid-west , with just a tiny bit of Euro/German mixed in)

another sign of relief , "Good to hear. I'm no Shifter. I like to stay on Earth. I'm no Erin Tarn, please forgive me if I don't know your local customs."

Whenever this should happen, in the near present or in the far-fetched future, Presence practically blushes at the bow, quickly shaking her head. "It's certainly no trouble at all. I would never be rude or unforgiving to someone in need." She will smile then, matronly as she lifts up his chin, just a touch, to let his eyes better rest on hers. "And please, no need to bow. I am a caretaker, not a ruler." If it occurs when she is in her normal form, she will either text the words or sign them.


thinking .. A modest Goddess? .. and , at least I'm not in CS , or Gargoyle territory.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Fri May 26, 2017 11:55 am

(Rolls carried)

With a sigh of relief Brennet smiles, "That's the best news I've had all day. I lost my credits and gear for trade, but I am good for it. I got knocked around a little, but my main concern is my eyes, something happened to my eyes. First I couldn't see at all, now all I see is a a light blur. If at all possible, I'd rather not do replacements , I'd like to keep my eyes."


She blinks, now realizing that he was, indeed, looking through her, and it wasn't just a trick of how his eyes looked. "I'll do everything I can to get your eyes fixed, if they need it. I've been checking you over this whole time. Without equipment, I won't be able to fix anything too major, but I can take care of most minor things. Hopefully the issue is of the latter variety." I can't make any assumptions on his physiology. For all I know, his eyes will fix themselves in time. Still, best to take care of what I can. She traces a finger around one of his eyes, not touching it but gently feeling and stretching the skin around it.

"Good to hear. I'm no Shifter. I like to stay on Earth. I'm no Erin Tarn, please forgive me if I don't know your local customs."


She tilts her head, frowning. "Shifter? Erin Tarn? I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with those terms. May I ask where you are from, specifically?" He might be... from another dimension. Another version of Earth. It would explain why he doesn't know about Century Station, and has these terms for things I don't understand.
Last edited by Presence on Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Fri May 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Rolls Carried:

Presence wrote:She blinks, now realizing that he was, indeed, looking through her, and it wasn't just a trick of how his eyes looked. "I'll do everything I can to get your eyes fixed, if they need it. I've been checking you over this whole time. Without equipment, I won't be able to fix anything too major, but I can take care of most minor things. Hopefully the issue is of the latter variety."


Brennet frowns .. I ran into the same kind of problem in the NGR with Triax... All their super advanced tech .. They so liked putting that Cyclops HUD on their armor .. that and robotic or cyborg optics .. all of it was banned and prevented from acknowledging me .. Made it soo much harder to even talk to people , as none of their electronic devices could hear me .. not the translators , not the radios .. Automatic doors to stores wouldn't work for me .. It was difficult to function in a society like that one that was soo dependent on such technology for soo much.

"Sorry , unless it's magic or psychic equipment, none of your sensors will function. You'll have to make do with your own eyes and such. The counsel has already ruled all sensors or scanning equipment are banned from acknowledging my existence. All such devices have obeyed the counsel's authority everywhere I have ever gone ever sense my sentence."

Presence wrote:She tilts her head, frowning. "Shifter? Erin Tarn? I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with those terms. May I ask where you are from, specifically?"


Never heard of Erin .. Erin has been a house hold name almost everywhere I went in North America or Europe .. And no shifters, hmm??? Well at least no more accidental portal to Hell , or time travel to the past , or thousands of miles away.

"Nothing special .. No one place .. I've done allot of traveling over the years first around North America .. more recently the last few years I've been traveling around Europe."
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 pm

(Rolls Carried)

"Sorry , unless it's magic or psychic equipment, none of your sensors will function. You'll have to make do with your own eyes and such. The counsel has already ruled all sensors or scanning equipment are banned from acknowledging my existence. All such devices have obeyed the counsel's authority everywhere I have ever gone ever sense my sentence."


Presence is quiet a moment after this. "I was mostly speaking about things such as scalpels and cleaning equipment, but I certainly understand your statement." There are odder abilities out there in the world. "The council? Who are they? I'm afraid I've not heard of them."

"Nothing special .. No one place .. I've done allot of traveling over the years first around North America .. more recently the last few years I've been traveling around Europe."


She gives him a soft smile, sitting back, keeping her hands over his once she finishes her examination. "I feel that one's beginnings are important, no matter how plain or simple. If you do not wish to share further, I understand." She nods. Well that proves it at least. He's from another world. I would think anyone but the most isolated of hermits would know of Century Station, at least if they spent much of their time in North America. She lets her mouth draw thin, unsure of whether or not she should continue her train of thought. Finally, she decides that honesty would be best here. "I'm afraid, from what I can tell of your knowledge, accent, and tale that you aren't from this Earth, but from another." She sighs, her hands squeezing his ever so slightly, in a comforting manner. "I hope this does not alarm you overmuch. I will do my best alongside my companions to take care of you, and bring you up to speed with things here."
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Sat May 27, 2017 5:06 am

Rolls Carried:

Presence wrote:"The council? Who are they? I'm afraid I've not heard of them."


"Sorry , I know next to nothing .. I never heard of them myself before they brought me before them for my hearing .. It was a very odd experience .. Biology , Technology , Magic , Language, Memory and many others seemed to each be sentient participating members of the council."

Presence wrote:"I feel that one's beginnings are important, no matter how plain or simple. If you do not wish to share further, I understand."


"Thank you for understanding .. Ask what you need to , I'll answer as best I can .. but I'd like to remain as anonymous as possible , please."

Presence wrote:"I'm afraid, from what I can tell of your knowledge, accent, and tale that you aren't from this Earth, but from another." She sighs, her hands squeezing his ever so slightly, in a comforting manner. "I hope this does not alarm you overmuch. I will do my best alongside my companions to take care of you, and bring you up to speed with things here."


Brennet Shrugs seemingly unphased by such news , "I don't know much about such things."

I've never heard of there being another Earth .. But , I have heard of time travel .. and I've already done it myself .. Shifter mistakes can do that .. forward or backward in time .. Last time it took me around the world and a few years into the past .. If this is even further into Earth's Past .. That would explain why they haven't heard of Erin Tarn , or Shifters yet .. such things might be years in the future .. I wonder how far back I've come?"

"Will you tell me .. What year is it?"
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 pm

(Rolls Carried)

"Sorry , I know next to nothing .. I never heard of them myself before they brought me before them for my hearing .. It was a very odd experience .. Biology , Technology , Magic , Language, Memory and many others seemed to each be sentient participating members of the council."


Sounds like some form of representation of his mind, possibly? If he is from another Earth, then perhaps such a thing is normal. She nods, though, and smiles. "I understand, thank you."

"Thank you for understanding .. Ask what you need to , I'll answer as best I can .. but I'd like to remain as anonymous as possible , please."


"I will refrain from doing so. Thank you for the information you have already given." She squeezes his hand slightly with that, a gentle gesture of thanks. The Omegas can learn more about his past. Unless I get explicit instructions, I will follow his wishes.

"Will you tell me .. What year is it?"


"It is 2043. Specifically, it's," she checks her phone for the time, "March 22nd, 2043 C.E." (OOC.: I presume C.E. due to science taking over the place of religion and all that in Century Station's timeline. If that is not the standard, she will use the standard.)
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Sun May 28, 2017 2:51 am

Rolls Carried:

Presence wrote:
"Will you tell me .. What year is it?"


"It is 2043. Specifically, it's," she checks her phone for the time, "March 22nd, 2043 C.E." (OOC.: I presume C.E. due to science taking over the place of religion and all that in Century Station's timeline. If that is not the standard, she will use the standard.)


Brennet obviously thinking it over.
?? CE ?? .. Not PA ?? .. and in the thousands .. Could I have traveled back that far .. before the Coalition , before the demons and monsters .. before the Rifts .. even .. even , before the global apocalypse itself that started the PA calendar ? .. If I have traveled back that far .. Could my actions here change the future ? .. Could it be possible to stop the apocalypse and rifts from ever happening ? .. But if I change the future and prevent the rifts , would that prevent me from being born ? .. prevent me from traveling back here now ? .. What if my actions in past are what cause the apocalypse and rifts ? .. or , is it all already set , and nothing I do or don't do would change the future? I'm no scholar or history person .. I don't even know exactly when PA0 will happen .. what causes it , or where ?
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm

A man of powerful presence and bearing approaches Presence and Brennet. He is dressed like and carries himself as high nobility, and his accouterments speak of immense power and wealth.
Image
"Excuse me, Presence and Brennet. I am on vital business and need to speak with you in private for a moment. Your friends need not be concerned. I mean you no harm and will only detain you a moment." Any psychic or magic scans will confirm the complete sincerity of his words. His words and the weight of sincerity behind them makes his simple request a nearly psychic command. Presence and Brennet feel compelled to join the man in private as requested, and follow him away from the group to a more private setting. "Please, excuse my rudeness, but the megaverse may not have time for me to be polite at this time." He quickly grasps Presence and Brennet's hands and touches the fancy broach holding his cloak to his shoulders. The world suddenly vanishes in a flash of blue, magic light, and Presence and Brennet finds themselves to no longer be where they were previously.

Post your introduction to the epic adventure here.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:42 am

(Rolls carried?)

Presence finds that she can't help but be entranced by this man, and is quickly taken by him along with Brennet. Within a moment, they have flashed off before she can even open her mouth to comment on the man's actions.

And within another moment, they are back, leaving the tall woman blinking as she stands there. What... just happened? She looks about herself, noting Brennet's presence as well as her companions, before sighing and holding herself straight, doing her best to keep herself at least appearing composed. "I apologize... I do not know what just occurred. She gives those around her a soft smile, before leaning down once more and touching a hand to Brennet's. "Are you alright? Perhaps we can continue our discussion elsewhere. Perhaps further in the glade, where there is less chance for wandering eyes?

As she speaks, she quietly checks her phone once more, to see if anything has changed on that front, as well as doing a quick check on her own, as well as Brennet's, state of being. Once that is done, if no changes to either of them has occurred, she will push the issue out of her mind. There are more pressing issues at hand than a wandering stage magician.

----------

Rolls

To check herself over quickly for any possible damage from what just happened: Medical Doctor(first percentage, to diagnose): 1d100 = 2 / 100% - Passed!
To check Brennet over quickly for any possible damage from what just happened: Medical Doctor(first percentage, to diagnose): 1d100 = 48 / 100% - Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Rolls Carried

Presence wrote:"I apologize... I do not know what just occurred. She gives those around her a soft smile, before leaning down once more and touching a hand to Brennet's. "Are you alright? Perhaps we can continue our discussion elsewhere. Perhaps further in the glade, where there is less chance for wandering eyes?


:?

Just when I start to get a grasp of what's going on .. who was that guy?

Confused Brennet likes the sound of more out of sight place .. He gladly accepts her hand , "No idea either .. but , yes , please lead the way. I'm sorry for the trouble. Until my sight returns, I may need some assistance."
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm

SOCIETY HILL
Location: Century Park
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 1:10 am
Weather: Partially cloudy, light breeze off the water (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
[The timestamp and location are at the END of the gm post - i.e. they are the starting point for your posts.]

Whether the awe inspiring presence of the woman is healing in and of itself, or whether the ailment affecting Brennet's eyes is recovering at an accelerated rate, by this point in their conversation, he can see shapes in the light and dark along with some indication of color. He has a vague sense of depth.

Savannah's phone buzzes with a message from Candace:
"Everything ok Savannah? We can't see if who you're talking too."

Looking back towards her two assistants, Savannah can see them no longer perambulating but straining their necks to see what's going on. There's no word from Dean, but that means he's most likely still researching.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 31
JIC: 1d20 = 8 , 1d100 = 89

Conditions not in signature:
Lost , Confused , Muddy , Torn/Burnt Jump Suit , Visual Impairment
- - - - - - - -

She's healing me .. I can feel it .. My eyes started to get better when she came, and without injecting any drugs or such , my vision is returning .. I don't know if she's psychic , magic , or what .. but whatever it is .. I'm glad to be seeing better .. Hopefully she doesn't charge too much or her assistance.

- - - - - - - -
OOC = Bellow is my IC write in for Brennet's new Powers of Untrackable and UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable manifesting .. of course GM always decides what actually happens.
- - - - - - - -

Real or all in his head?
Unseen
And then the world around him starts to seem to slow down .. almost as if time itself were slowing around him .. and once again Brennet finds himself before 'The Counsel' .. There is no good way to describe it so that a human could comprehend .. these are sentient abstracts .. What does color smell like , what does sound look like , what does time taste like .. etc .. seemingly limitless sentient abstracts far beyond Brennet's feeble ability to comprehend perhaps an infinite number of infinities .. seemingly each in an infinite series of conversations with each other all happening simultaneously .. Brennet's head spins , and he thinks Not again. They're here too? .. Color , Smell , Awareness , and others seemingly win some debate they were having among the other sentient abstracts .. and suddenly Brennet is aware of what happened .. He has been found guilty of trying to escape the counsel's previous ruling traveling through space, time , different dimensions .. to escape his punishment .. of course no such escape is possible .. There is no time outside of time , there is no distance that gets away from distance , etc .. nor was Brennet ever authorized to divulge information about the counsel to others .. because of his new crimes Brennet will have additional punishments .. and than as fast as it happened .. it's over and Brennet finds himself back with Presence again .. the world around him as normal as it was before the counsel appeared.


From the outside Brennet looks to have suddenly 'spaced out' perhaps having a mini-seizure .. for about ~15 seconds .. during which the colors of objects around him start changing randomly .. People's skin , hair, clothing colors , the ground , the trees , etc .. Within ~80 feet .. (Per Color Manipulation Power = No Save) .. Then suddenly all the weird color changing ends .. everything is back to it's 'natural' color .. and ~1 second after that Brennet 'snaps out of it'.

"Crap." Brennet blurts out as he catches his breath and bearings.
(Maybe he notices his heavy exercise smell or his foot prints are gone?)
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 14


"Everything ok Savannah? We can't see if who you're talking too."


Savannah quickly sends a return text with her free hand. "Going into glade, come with us, okay?" She waits a few moments for them to receive the text before moving into the glade, just within the tree line so that her friends could stay in sight. I should check in with Dean. I don't want him to start sending me his usual tirade of snark because he finished before I did. Once she and Brennet stop moving, she once again pulls out her phone to text Dean. "Dean, shoot me a text when you're done. Oh, could you see if you can't get an address for their HQ? I have an idea what their 'mission' for us is."

With that done, she does her routine attempt to use/access the secure phone, putting it away if nothing happens, as usual. I'm almost certain at this point I'm supposed to be the one who actually decides what happens here. Suppose it's all part of the test. She has a tight frown, but lets it return to a smile for Brennet's sake, even if he couldn't see it quite yet.

From the outside Brennet looks to have suddenly 'spaced out' perhaps having a mini-seizure .. for about ~15 seconds


Her practiced doctoral mind doesn't panic upon seeing her companion seem to have some form of medical/mental breakdown, quickly laying him down in a relaxed pose before staring into his eyes for sign of consciousness and reaction to light. Once that is done, she takes note of the rhythm of his heart, concerned for his well-being. I do not need this right now! "Come on, stay with me, Brennet..." She mumbles the words, but her eyes are locked on his small form.

Once he snaps out of it, she sighs with relief, raising an eyebrow at his exclamation. "From my side of things, that looked a bit worse than 'crap.' Can you please tell me what happened, and let us hope that it's not something serious like a brain hemorrhage?" She has a soft tone, and despite the words themselves being a touch negative, the softness of her hand against his arm and her gentle voice cause a more soothing effect than a worrying one.

----------

Rolls

To figure out what is wrong with Brennet: Medical Doctor(first percentage, to diagnose): 1d100 = 45 / 100% - Passed!
To soothe and calm Brennet down, and perhaps help convince him to open up with her: Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 4 / 97% - Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:51 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Presence wrote:
From the outside Brennet looks to have suddenly 'spaced out' perhaps having a mini-seizure .. for about ~15 seconds.. during which the colors of objects around him start changing randomly.


Her practiced doctoral mind doesn't panic upon seeing her companion seem to have some form of medical/mental breakdown, quickly laying him down in a relaxed pose before staring into his eyes for sign of consciousness and reaction to light. Once that is done, she takes note of the rhythm of his heart, concerned for his well-being. I do not need this right now! "Come on, stay with me, Brennet..." She mumbles the words, but her eyes are locked on his small form.

Once he snaps out of it, she sighs with relief, raising an eyebrow at his exclamation. "From my side of things, that looked a bit worse than 'crap.' Can you please tell me what happened, and let us hope that it's not something serious like a brain hemorrhage?" She has a soft tone, and despite the words themselves being a touch negative, the softness of her hand against his arm and her gentle voice cause a more soothing effect than a worrying one.


Coming too Brennet initially starts to answer , "Another punishment from the counsel , they .. " .. Brennet stops himself .. They know what's happening .. would they punish me again or punish Presence if I talk about them again to her more than I already have earlier ? ... But I also don't want to lie , and take personal credit for what 'the counsel' does .. not only would the credit be bad on it's own , but I don't want to lie to her , and they might not like me taking credit for them either .. I did already tell her about them before though , can't undo that now. .. Than after his thinking pause .. Brennet continues (tries to slightly change the subject) .. "Thanks, I'm sorry for the trouble .. I'd like to thank you for the help you've been with my eyes , whatever you've done has already helped some. And you've been very kind , I appreciate your generosity and hospitality .. it is a very rare thing where I come from."
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:56 pm

SOCIETY HILL
Location: Century Park
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 1:15 am
Weather: Partially cloudy, light breeze off the water (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
[The timestamp and location are at the END of the gm post - i.e. they are the starting point for your posts.]

Good news! Brennet's vision is almost back to normal. It's not his normal eagle yet, he's still a little myopic. He can see Presence for real at this time.

"Here's the base address, boss, 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park. I let them know you are on the way. They have an info email." Dean texts back.

Brennet notices before Presence that Zack and Candace are approaching with unabashed curiosity, because they can't tell what Savannah is doing. "Boss, what are you doing?"

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 16 , 1d100 = 71
- - - - - -

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Good news! Brennet's vision is almost back to normal. It's not his normal eagle yet, he's still a little myopic. He can see Presence for real at this time.
:)

Brennet Blushes a little :oops: Wait .. on top of everything else .. She's also gorgeous?

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Brennet notices before Presence that Zack and Candace are approaching with unabashed curiosity, because they can't tell what Savannah is doing. "Boss, what are you doing?"


Can't all out hide from them right now .. Still need Presence's help .. whatever she's doing , my eyes are getting better by the minute .. maybe she knows where I can get work , some weapons , armor , and other gear ? .. Best not to be too much of a pest all at once .. get my eyes 100% first .. than I'll worry about the rest afterward.

Brennet says nothing to them .. stands off to the side out of the way .. Hopefully they focus on her and not so much on me.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 57


"Here's the base address, boss, 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park. I let them know you are on the way. They have an info email." Dean texts back.


Presence smiles, and quickly pulls it up on her phone's map system. And destination found. Thank you, Dean. She smirks a touch at the message once more. Perceptive as always, too. Didn't even have to tell you my plan for you to figure it out. She quickly sends a text back, "Thank you. Head back to the car, I'll be there soon. Don't want to frighten him too much by running at full speed or something."

Brennet notices before Presence that Zack and Candace are approaching with unabashed curiosity, because they can't tell what Savannah is doing. "Boss, what are you doing?"


Presence turns at the sound of her friends, and gives them a small wave and a smile. "I've been trying to pull you over. This is Brennet. Take care, he's rather reclusive." Perhaps for good reason, from what little he's told me. She looks her companions in the eye. "I'm going to be sending you an address. The address is for the Omegas. I want you to meet me and Dean there. I'm going to be taking our new friend here," she gives the small man a smile with her words at this point, "through the forest, to hopefully bypass any interested parties I may have attracted with my earlier request." With that, she turns back to the glade. "Don't worry, he and I will be fine. Stay safe!"

With Brennet's hand in her own, she guides him into the glade, before slowing just a short while. She turns to him, bending down a bit. "Would you mind if I carried you? I can travel at an extremely fast pace, and we need to get somewhere, preferably sooner rather than later." She gives him a gentle grin. Besides, I don't want to keep Dean waiting too long.

----------

Rolls

None!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Rolls/Conditions Carried:

Presence wrote:With Brennet's hand in her own, she guides him into the glade, before slowing just a short while. She turns to him, bending down a bit. "Would you mind if I carried you? I can travel at an extremely fast pace, and we need to get somewhere, preferably sooner rather than later." She gives him a gentle grin. Besides, I don't want to keep Dean waiting too long.


Thinking Ritter used to do that too , everyone is always in such a hurry.

Brennet gives a smile and replies, "I don't mind being carried .. Sorry for the trouble." ... (OOC: Brennet is only ~105 Lbs)

I might not know where we are going .. or really anything about this place .. but I can at least help us not be noticed by any cameras , radar , and such along our way.

Like he used to do long ago for Ritter .. Brennet can (and does) extend his Cloaking Aura to include Presence as well .. Brennet can include 1 person or a small vehicle (Motorcycle like size) , that he is touching or within 3 feet of himself .. just like it does for Brennet .. while in effect .. this is both good and bad .. preventing helpful tech sensors (like radio microphones) as well as harmful tech sensors (like enemy robot/bionic ears), etc.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 am

(Rolls Carried)

"I don't mind being carried .. Sorry for the trouble."


Presence gives him a small smile, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Please, do not worry yourself. It is no trouble at all to help those in need." She gently carries him, her arms far stronger than they appear, lifting his weight without even seeming to notice it, not even imposed by it as her motherly smile grows somewhat. Now then, let's see who'll get to the car first, myself or Dean. With Brennet firmly in her hold, she begins to run, quickly reaching about 70 MPH before holding her speed there, not wanting to go too fast to keep quiet and to not crash into any trees.

She does not notice the feeling of being Cloaked, most likely, as she makes her way through the forest towards her car.

Upon reaching the car, she sets Brennet down, unlocking it and opening the rear door, helping him inside (and with his seatbelt) if need be.

Whether or not Dean is there first, she will smile and greet him. "Hello, Dean. This is Brennet, and we're taking him to the Omega Building, as I'm sure you've surmised."

She will enter the car and turn it on, setting up any GPS she can for directions to her destination, before making her way out of the park. Let us hope the Omegas wish him well, and don't just lock him up and study him for some reason. We will see, shortly enough.

----------

To run silently through the forest: Prowl: 1d100 = 60 / 70%(60% base plus Cloaking bonus from Brennet) - Passed!
To properly set up a GPS route using her address, if a roll is needed: Computer Operations: 1d100 = 97 / 80% - Failed!
To attempt again to set up a GPS route, if a roll is necessary: Computer Operations: 1d100 = 3 / 80% - Passed!
To drive her car, if necessary to roll: Pilot: Automobile: 1d100 = 36 / 64% - Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Rolls/Conditions Carried:

They (probably) very quickly get to the car .. She seems at least as fast as a Hyperion , and seems at least as strong .. What can't she do ?

Brennet gets in the back seat .. He also ends his efforts to extend his cloaking effect .. The car is too big .. But , she's smart , a vehicle will blend in better than running around super fast .. I guess .. or at least it would have back in the future .. here .. I have no idea what's normal .. Are people like her very common ?

Brennet will quietly pay close attention to the sights and what he can see outside the car as they go.
If he notices anyone 'staring' or getting extra at the way he looks .. He'll forego the scenic view and side with staying anonymous .. Using his color manipulation to (dark tint) the window or windows as needed .. being careful not to obstruct the car driver's view of the road.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 pm

SOCIETY HILL
Location: Century Park
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 11:35 am (WOOLEEEBOOOOLLEYEOOOOOLLEEEYBOOOLLEEEEYOOLEEYEEEEEEOYEE - Somehow the clocks spins forwards a few hours during the drive.)
Weather: Partially cloudy, light breeze off the water (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
[The timestamp and location are at the END of the gm post - i.e. they are the starting point for your posts.]

It's a good thing Savannah has a crew with her. Distracted perhaps by her strange new friend, she can't get her phone to recognize the address she keeps plugging in, it keeps directing her to the nearest Applebees. Frustrated by watching her, Dean uses his own phone and manages to get the address in properly.

Sunday morning traffic isn't so bad. As the small procession of cars makes their way across Century Station, much if it is odd to Brennet. There's gunshots, sirens and other sounds of violence, which are familiar enough. But the city is full of skyscrapers. They pass by other green spaces. The few people out are not full armored or armed to the teeth. The vehicles are mostly wheeled, but a skycar flies over every now and again. Through the night, as he can in Merctown, or many other places he's been for that matter, he should be able to see the blue glow of leylines. All he saw were stars, the sky transitioning into a overcast morning.

And everyone looks human. In the 20 minute ride, he sees no dbees, monsters, or even big robots.

Pulling up to the compound, it there might be a party going on by the looks of things. A batch of people are milling around on the lawn, and they look like a batch of people that Brennet is used to, and that are somewhat surprising to Savannah and gang.

The gate is closed, and there's an intercom thingy that buzzes as the Savvanah pulls up. "Can I help you? This is a restricted area"

WOOOHOOOO JOIN THE PARTY!

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Brennet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+17 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 14 , 1d100 = 73
- - - - - - -

FastForward
(WOOLEEEBOOOOLLEYEOOOOOLLEEEYBOOOLLEEEEYOOLEEYEEEEEEOYEE - Somehow the clocks spins forwards a few hours during the drive.)

Just some ideas for fun ;)
  • It was a very relaxing drive , with a super smooth ride , uber comfy seats , and they were tired from having stayed up past 1am .. Brennet and Presence fell asleep .. thankfully her minions able to stay awake for the horrible traffic that made it into about a 10 hour drive .. waking up with a little drool at the corners of their mouths .. they find themselves finally at the destination , fully refreshed from the long multi-hour nap.
  • It's a Trap
    Image
    ... Carbon Monoxide poisoning .. Colorless , Tasteless , and Odorless .. They were all knocked out .. by forces unknown .. and then 10 hours later dropper off at the Omega HQ .. Presence's last JIC d20 roll was a 5 even with her +8 vs toxins = total of 13 .. needs a 16+ to save .. Her last Perception JIC was a total of 8 .. she might not have noticed before she was out .. Brennet is more perceptive had a 25 on his perception roll so , he probably could have noticed .. and his last JIC d20 was a 16 he has a +2 vs toxins .. so he would have had a 18 total , could have resisted the Carbon Monoxide a bit longer than presence did .. but what could the little man do .. If locked in the car , everyone else passed out .. himself already feeling woozy .. he maybe tries in vane to alert or wake Presence up , or open a window or door , or tries in vane to break a window .. and then 1 or 2 rounds (15-30 seconds) later Brennet would most likely fail his save as well .. and join the others passed out.
  • After Timy-Wimie Side-Effects from the two recent time-space distortions .. Brennet's arrival , and then the Epic one just a few minutes later .. What felt like a few minutes to them in the park were actually a few hours .. a per book possible side effect RUE-p.192 -- GM Rolled 65-72 Dimentional Flux -- Then GM rolled 67-00 Teleported 2d6 Hours into Future -- on the 2d6 GM rolled a 10 .. and wala .. 10 hours into the future.


From what he saw on the trip .. Brennet thinks .. This group is probably the best way for me to blend in and stay anonymous .. Let people remember one of them , not me .. there are soo few D-Bees, Giant Robots, etc else where as far as I can tell .. and soo many people are unarmed and such .. I wonder if that is a good thing or a bad thing? .. Are they unarmed, because they are all as fast and strong as Presence .. or are the unarmed because it's that much safer a place to live here compared to my future .. only in the very heart of the large NGR cities did I see people seemingly feeling so safe and secure .. but even there they had one could see the large robots cyborgs armor etc of Triax to reassure them that it was/is safe .. not so here.

At the gate .. Brennet stays quietly in the back seat and lets Presence do the talking.
Brennet
Current
HP 35 SDC 33 / 35 PPE 12 HF 11 Compounding Similar Effect From Multiple Different Sources
  • Low Ma = RUE-p.283 "barely noticed or remembered usually ignored"
  • Cloaking = Invisible to all forms of electronic/mechanical detection , sensors, scanning (robotic,cyborg,etc)
    Has no effect on purely biological , magic , psychic senses .. Tends not to be noticed.
  • SuperHuman Senses = Smell , Balance , Awareness 108% Perception Skill
  • Untrackable : Leaves no trail or hint of having ever existed .. Any Effort to Track Character are done with a -70% penalty.
    No Body Odor , No Body Oils , No Finger Prints , No Foot Prints, No detectable Body Heat , Doesn't Stir Ground Cover when walking, Minimal Air Disturbance.
    Doesn't Register on Motion Detectors , Any tests on Biological/Genetic evidence (Hair,Skin,Fluids, etc) always gives inconclusive test results , etc.
  • UnNoteWorthy-Forgettable: Unnaturally easy not to notice at all .. Unnaturally easy to forgot entirely .. those who remember anything rarely remember any concrete details.
    Those who are immune or highly resistant to mental control like effects are equally immune / resistant to this effect.
  • Torn , Burnt , Muddy Clothes
  • Omega Suit: AR-17 SDC-250
    Electronic Sensor identifying Brennet (RFID-Tag) and Tracking him (GPS) , either don't work at all or face penalties (-70% or more) , due to his always on Cloaking and Untrackable abilities/powers.
  • Laser Rifle: Range: 1,800ft Damage: 5d6 Amo: 20 per clip --- Clips A(6/20) ,B,C,D
User avatar
Brennet
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 am

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby Presence » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 43


The gate is closed, and there's an intercom thingy that buzzes as the Savannah pulls up. "Can I help you? This is a restricted area"


"Yes, actually," as she speaks her voice only reaches the intercom's listening devices, and not further. She gives the intercom a soft smile, whether or not whomever is on the other side could see her. It's good I haven't switched form. It's always much more difficult to notice me when I'm in a car for some reason, anyways. "This is Presence, or Ms. Preston, whichever name was given to you for the appointment. I'm a recent acquisition of the Omegas, and I have a... mission-critical asset with me in my vehicle. May I please come in and see who is in charge, preferably Mr. Steele, if at all possible?" She gives a winsome smile, before flicking her eyes towards Dean.

"As well, a couple of my companions may have already arrived. Ms. Johnson and Mr. Woodrow. If they aren't already here, please inform me when they do make their approach." Might as well check. They might have gotten a head start on me, but likely not.

She turns her head back to Brennet to check on the small man, giving him a smile as she does so. "We're here, now. This is my group, though I am as recent an acquaintance of theirs as you are mine."

OOC Comments
Anyone who hears her voice must roll against her Awe Factor of 14. In this case that's the intercom person, as well as Dean and Brennet, though those two have been around her long enough to perhaps waive the roll.


----------

Rolls

To invoke trust in the person on the other side of the intercom: Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 86 / 97% - Passed!
Presence - The doctor is in!
Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250 / 250

Normal Form
HP: 28 / 28
SDC: 76 / 76
Natural AR: --
Awe Factor: --
Will speak in either "phone texts or in Morse Code over radio," or in "sign language." Is otherwise mute and can only make a very limited selection of sounds.

Demigod Form
HP: 174 / 174
SDC: 902 / 902
Natural AR: 10
Awe Factor: 14, triggers whenever she is attacked or speaks.
Will speak normally through
"standard verbal speech."
User avatar
Presence
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Origin Story: Doctor? Doctor? Please! You have to help!

Postby EBAH » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Yes ma'am, please proceed, the garage is down the end of the drive park there and make your way into the briefing room. Just follow the crow, it's easy to find. Someone will be with you shortly. Welcome." The voice is a little flat, as if she's not happy about welcoming new Omegas, why that might be, is unknown.

Please post in main thread from here out!
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420


Return to Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests