[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:23 pm

”You sure the boss said this is ok? I mean, selling our own people like this… That’s some Tarlok shit right there.”

”Yeah, I’m sure. Boss’s got no love for the Tarlok, but it’s not like the Seeronians treated him all that great when they were in charge. The aliens in here, they’re working on some kinda crazy biotech. Real next-level stuff- like nothing the Tarlok have got, or even those nasty alien allies of theirs, the whatchamacallit. The Splaygarths. Stuff’s supposed to work great even with our super powers- it’ll be a game changer once the resistance gets its hands on it. Worth some collateral damage, and then some, if you ask me.”


The three toughs fell silent as they approached the house. It was bigger than average, but not ostentatiously so, and had a yard large enough to reflect some prior occupant’s high class social status. Now though it looked clearly abandoned- pretty creepy, if you were the superstitious type. The trio walking inside now weren’t suspicious- they knew some of what lurked in the basement of that house, and it rather than some superstition was the basis for their trepidation.

Grunting under the body he was carrying, the tough in the lead said ”Hey, one of you ring the buzzer.” One tough next to him, carrying a body under each arm, snorted and said ”Sure, just gimme a minute to unzip my pants.” The third member of the group, unburdened, let out a coarse laugh that was quickly stifled. He stepped up, pushed the buzzer, and waited.

A human-looking woman emerged, smiling as she identified her guests. ”Ah, another delivery I see? Excellent. You may leave them here.” The toughs set their burdens down. The woman never broke her ramrod-straight, military bearing as she turned, tapped a very sophisticated-looking wrist computer, and addressed the toughs again, all business. ”The standard amount has been transferred through the usual channels. I trust all is well with your employer in the Eastern Sector?”

The lead tough, perhaps feeling braver than usual or just a little piqued that he’d had to carry the heavy body this time, bit back a rejoined ”Lady, we don’t ask you about your business, how about you return the favor?”

Lt. Bashka shrugged her shoulders. ”Suit yourself. You know how to reach me when you have another delivery to make.” She then pushed a button and the door slid shut in front of the toughs. Eager to get away from this strange place, they tramped off muttering to one another.

Meanwhile, Bashka was linking with her armor. He was right, it really was more comfortable than it looked. And the abilities it offered, beyond her own genetic reprogramming, were worth a modicum of discomfort. As it was the dead of night she wasted no time in heading back outside, hefting all three unconscious bodies with ease, and taking them inside and down to the main cellar entrance. She grunted. More super-strong bruiser types from the sound of it. It would be interesting to see what the Necrols made of this batch.

---
After the interregnum Kaboom reappears in the basement and announces that night has fallen and ”The heat is off, around here anyway. Someone may have tipped them off about a bunch of aliens on the other side of the city. If I were you I wouldn’t assume you still have freedom of movement through Tarlok checkpoints. Let’s roll.”

Kaboom leads you outside, and about half a mile through the city streets. Sorrenson keeps his drones tucked away close, and under the watchful eyes of a half-dozen Skrayper escorts you make the trek surreptitiously sneaking between alleys and shadows and the like. Eventually, Kaboom creates an entrance at one of the more ruined-looking skyscrapers in the area, and ushers you inside.

You follow him down to another basement, but this one looks like it has been totally abandoned. It is then that Kaboom displays his abilities again, opening a hole in one wall. Through it, another tunnel system- this one simply rough-hewn rock. A short 10-minute walk later, and you find yourself in a cave.

With the rest of your escort in tow, Kaboom leads you through the main chamber. It looks like the cave was designed with a covert resistance movement in mind- the entrance chamber holds little of interest save multiple branching pathways to a plethora of sub-caverns. Kabook, or someone with his powers, could seal the whole place off in the event of a Tarlok attack, if he wanted to. Passing through all of this, Kaboom takes you into a small audience chamber.

There, three people are seated around a table waiting for you. You all recognize the Priestess, Sister Haad, from your run-in back at the Ink. Starchief also recognizes Waldo, aka Professor Gyd Navon, and elderly bespectacled woman sitting in the middle, while the third person is middle-aged Seeronian man unknown to you. Leading you up to this ‘council’ for lack of a better term, Kaboom says by way of introduction ”It looks like our Starchief has returned. I’ll leave it to you all to decide whether you’re buying his ‘greater good’ schtick, but he’s not here to stay- he just wants something.” Kaboom adds this last with a snort of derision, shaking his head as he steps to one side. Starchief, and anyone who accompanies him, can now make your case.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 22
OOC Comments
PPE: 27/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Sorrenson decides that he really should meditate for the couple of hours that they'll be waiting in the cellar. I'm almost spent manawise, I gotta try to get some back. If, I 'mean when, we fight the Tarlok again I'm gunna need it for sure. He thinks to himself He finds a cleanish spot on the ground beside his PA and announces to the team. "I'm gunna meditate to regain some mana. Wake me up before we go okay?". With that, he sits down and gets into a comfortable cross legged position and starts to meditate.
Ahem. Mr Sorrenson, a moment of your time perhaps? The Amulet of Understanding interrupts telepathically.
Sorrenson finishes his exhale before responding. What?
Well first of all, I would like to assure you that the fact that these Tarlok have the ability to detect and home-in on my drones is a highly unpleasant surprise. I should have proceeded with more caution than I did, and followed my self imposed protocols for stealthier operating procedures more stringently. I am afraid I may have underestimated their technical abilities. Secondly, I regret the loss of your comrades.
Sorrenson opens his eyes, rolls them and sighs. Look Amulet of Understanding, I know you're probably trying to help but I was doing a pretty good job at trying to ignore the guilt about the Tarlok tracking the drones and Solaris and Aofie being missing because of it. Especially because chances are that we're gunna be fighting again soon and I've got next to no magic juice available. I was quite happy pushing those thoughts aside for now. So hey, thanks for bringing that up. Friend. The tone on the word friend is not actually that friendly.
There is a pause before the Amulet responds. I see. In that case in the interests of improving your chances of living another day, perhaps I could aide you with a guided meditation? To help you recover your 'magic juice'.
Sorrenson thinks about it for a second before agreeing and within minutes he is meditating deeply under the guidance of the Amulet of Understanding.

***

Later at the council meeting Sorrenson decides to keep his mouth shut. This is all about Starchief and his relationship with these jokers. I'll keep my mouth firmly shut I think. Don't wanna mess it up for him.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:16 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 77
JiC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 39

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Prior to reaching the Skrayper's base...
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Dude... do you actually fuck bugs? Or is it more like making sweet sweet love?"
"I've never been one to say no," Juan replies with almost amused tone. Yeah, and that's why Mahogg 1's outermost moon was eaten through by civil war like a piece of rotten timber.* "And if you want to find out, we can go to Carmen's after this mission, pick up some dancers, and I'll teach you how to swing."**

*****
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"I'm gunna meditate to regain some mana. Wake me up before we go okay?"

Juan nods. He fixes his hair in a tight manbun and looks around the safehouse,it's as a desolate of a scene as one can encounter. The other Skraypers keep to themselves and their food, and Juan does not bother trying to chat to any of them. I don't think these folks here are really big on guest rights. It's not as if the Seeronians are an awful and cruel lot; Starchief has proven to be an honorable leader and decent Urqos. The past four years, and all the decades before, must have been hard on the locals to grind out even the most basic courtesy out of them. Survival is their only concern, and it is not just a matter of resources, but holding on to the little bit of self that they have left. It is understandable, something that Juan has seen on many planets before, and fought against many times before.

When Kaboom signals that it is time to move out, Juan taps Sorrenson on the shoulder. Not realizing just how deep in meditation the small techno-wizard is, he perhaps uses a little too much force, as Sorrenson lurches over a little from the tap. Juan helps Sorrenoson up, picks up his gear and heads out.

*****

After leaving the Skraypers safe house underneath the now destroyed Ink and Rose, Juan Echo follows the rest of the party led by Starchief's former sidekick. He is ambivalent about their march through the ruins of Rylor. This might be their best lead to finding the superguardians that they are hunting, or this could be the superguardians leading them into a trap. Juan has only marginally warmed up to Kaboom. Starchief has vouched for the guy, and he handled himself well in the bar. But his allegiances are questionable. And he's a real asshole, even for a freedom fighter that has lived almost his whole life under enemy rule. He is a first-rate asshole. Regardless, Juan decides against provoking anymore, and keeps his weapons holstered and his EBA's lights off.

Juan watches as Kaboom manipulates matter to create doorways for them throughout the wasted landscape. His powers are amazing, unlike anything that the Wandering God has seen in a mortal before. There are a variety of ways these powers could be used. Beyond obviously clearing difficult escape routes, one could conceivably use it to hide contraband, reinforce defenses, and a lateral thinker could make deadly use of those powers in combat. In the hands of a more worthy person, they would be signs of divinity.

"Urqos Kaboom," Juan starts with a conciliatory tone, "how did you come across your call sign? It is a great handle, worthy of a tough warrior. But it doesn't really fit your unique skillset. Your powers while impressive, aren't explosive. Why it would be like calling you Wolverine, or Gambit, or Shatterstar. All great warrior names, but wouldn't fit at all. Have you ever thought of going by a name like Morph? Or Jubilee? You look like a Jubilee."

When they reach their final destination Juan immediately spots Sister Haad. Maybe Juan wouldn't have hated Kaboom if he wasn't associated with her. Whereas the Skrayper had proved his worth in combat and by showing concern for the other patrons, priestess has not shown any redeeming qualities. "Oh look, the messenger of the 'Prophetess' made it out of the bar safely. I was worried the Tarlok would have captured her," Juan says flatly, showing just how much he cares for her.
* We really do not need to rehash the Battle of the Termite Queens. It was arguably the stupidest thing (Things really, hey-o! that Jonny has done in the past 350 years.
** Sex within the Yayamama Pantheon has often been compared to a hot pot meal. It can be enjoyed by any number of people (even alone), there is a giant boiling cauldron in the middle, can be either spicy or mild, it comes with a variety of accouterments, and is best enjoyed with dipping sauce.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:21 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 15 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 17| 1d100 = 63%
-----------------------------------
Prowl: 1d100 = 75 | 70% <== to quietly slink along the caverns

Ugh... bored bored bored bored BORED! Why are we even still here?! All I do all day, every day, is watch you lay hands on one ugly that is uglier than the next! My talents are best served out splatting demons! Remember the first three days fighting our way down to the deeper levels of Center? It was GLORIOUS! Every corner we turned, demons or deevils were fighting each other, or confused as to what to do next. And we reduced them ALL to ASH. Then we came upon those refugees that you just HAD to help. I probably could have stopped those guys that drugged you... but I thought that when you awoke, we would get to some serious smashing. Guess we both made mistakes. Instead, they involuntarily conscripted you to help heal wounded here... on Seeron. And why do we even need to "pre-meet" newcomers to this back-water forsaken place Odin wouldn't scratch his rear with? Won't they come to you once they lose an arm or are infested with some leprotic disease? We should bust out of here. Let's crack some skulls. You've seen these Seeronians, they aren't angels.

Skorl nags at Metri's mind while the Yhabbayar stealthily pads along the dark caverns that seem to suit his diminutive form just fine. He would let out a heavy sigh if not for the fact that Skorl's persistent voice was growing familiar to him and brought comfort in the place they were now stranded. Nor are they demons, Skorl. We've been through this before. They are victims of their environment. They cling to hope in the face of enslavement. They fight because it is core to who they are. I see a little bit of Starchief in many of them... Besides, let's say we do break out. Then what? Where do we go? What do we do? I've yet to see a space-worthy craft that isn't swarming with Tarlok. And let's say that we did manage to procure a way off-world. Do you know how to fly a spacecraft? Do you know how to navigate the stars to where we need to go? And where exactly would we go? Back to Center? We may spend countless days, weeks, months, drifting in the endless void of space. At least here, there is purpose. There is good to be done here. And in time, our path will reveal itself. Metri's thoughts waver slightly at the end, small amounts of uncertainty infusing his attempt to assuage Skorl's wanderlust.

You don't sounds so sure. Maybe we should give it a try. And worse case scenario, we come back here later and do what you've been doing this whole time. Turning another corner, Metri slows as he hears voices in the audience chamber. Quietly, the Yhabbayar moves to eavesdrop on the meeting. Let's think this one through. If we broke out and...

Suddenly Metri's internal conversation comes to a screeching halt. His eyes grow wide, taking the form of saucers. "the Adventurers..." Metri gasps in a hushed whisper. See? We are meant to be here. Why else would we be on the same planet as comrades in arms we left after the demonic invasion attempt of Center? Skorl's silence is confirmation enough for the Yhabbayar.

His ears swivel toward the voices like telescope dishes as he tries to listen in on the conversation. But not knowing what is transgressing, he remains out of sight for the time being.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 14

Conditions:

Mara smiles at Sorrenson and adds the team freqs into her radio, "Well, they were tough bastards." She spends the two hours listening and resting to recover some energy (+40 ppe). She tries not to discuss their fallen teammates any further for the time being. Let them rest in peace. However, she does smile at the reunion among the other adventurers and this Cosmo Knight. His sacrifice must have meant something for the forge to take him in. Impressive.

As they head to the new safehouse Mara tries to pay attention to landmarks as well as the later tunnels as she is trying to become more familiar with the landscape. It would be hard to ambush us in here when someone has powers like Kaboom does.

Intelligence-- 1d100 = 74 / 71%

As they enter the basement she sees the female priestess, well this ought to be interesting. She looks over each of these counsel-members, It says a lot that one who speaks of shedding the blood of their own because they are to weak to fight is in a position of leadership over the resistance. She looks to Starburst to see what he is doing. He can't be happy about this. She is more than ready to back up the more than capable warrior and speaker.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 37 1d20 = 20
Detect Ambush 50%: 1d100 = 50
Surveillance 53%: 1d100 = 27

Oradro would follow along with the others as time passed, probably catching up on recent events with the group or talking with Icky or others. He'd otherwise keep an eye upon his surroundings. They'd just fought a bunch of hostile forces, so who knows? Always best to be safe instead of sorry at least. When they arrived to meet this 'council', the huge Seljuk would just move off to one side to listen and, once more, pay attention. He hadn't met the priestess like the others had after all. Well, now I guess I find out what this is about. Starchief's friends don't seem to much care for him though.
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 82

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Oradro wrote:Oradro looked... confused. Slightly. He tilted his head a bit as he looked down at Icky, not seeming to mind the half tackle, half hug, and even seemed slightly amused, though heavily mixed with confusion. "So... we've met then." he'd half state, half ask, frowning a touch. "Tree?" he'd ask "Gem? Basement?" he'd clearly forgotten... well.. a lot. Or it hadn't come back to him yet. It was hard to say, but it was clear to Icky that, while this was apparently, very much Oradro, quite a bit had changed to say the least. "Ahhh... I must apologize. I thought you looked familiar, but It's... well.. it's like trying to see in a dense fog I suppose?" he would scratch at his head a little bit with one big claw. "Alas, I am unable to answer your questions on that matter. I.. simply do not know the answer." he added, before offering an apologetic shrug.

Sorrenson wrote:"Zem? The last we saw him was during the Invasion on Center. I think he went up into Orbit to fight up there? I'm not sure. Haven't seen or heard from him since. Sorry."


"Ah, I see. That would perhaps explain why The Forge cannot reach him. I'm afraid he may be lost in that case." He'd sadly respond. "Though, with fortune, he is merely cut off some how. It is hard to say. The Forge can reach far and wide, but even it is not infallible, especially when dark forces have risen everywhere." At that point he'd just sort of fall silent as he listened to the commentary turn alarm at the the missing crew members. He'd calmly watch Starchief's outburst, and though he didn't necessarily look like he approved, he also didn't say anything about it. "I will certainly assist you as best I am able." he promised. "The Forge is aware of your mission, and of it's considerable importance in the grand scheme of things. It seems, with Sir Zem lost in one form or another, I will need to take his place until The Forge calls me elsewhere." he would then look around at the gathered fighters, and pulled the railgun he was carrying off his belt to hold out "Would anyone in particular need this? It's not all that powerful, but it's light enough for most to handle." he'd explain "And at least ammunition is easy to get or manufacture. It's from a planet called Earth in a one called 'Europe'. It served me well when I needed a guise... but. I suspect I'll have need of my full strength sooner than later."


Icky looks him up and and down with a quizzical look on his face. "Ya gotta be frappin' me. Ya seriously don't remember anything?" He shakes his head. "I've 'eard tales 'bout 'ow ya Cosmo-Knights get mind-blanked, but I guess dey're more dan jus' wild stories. Oi, yah, ya can say we've met. We were part o' da ol' Star Swords merc group back in da day. Mos' recently we were part o' da crew o' da Dime Store Magic. We fought demons, Intruders, slavers, jus' about everything but kids sellin' Space Scout cookies. Da las' time we saw ya was in a pocket dimension 'neath Center. Ya let yerself get swallowed up by a big honkin' tree so da rest o' us could get hands on dis really important gemstone." He waves off the storytelling. "Anyways, ya showed up at da best possible time. Remember dose Empire goons we scrapped wit' in Center's sub-sub-basement? Wait, whatta me sayin', 'course ya don't. Anyways, we got word dat dey're 'ere an' up ta no frakkin' good. We're 'ere ta find out what dey're up ta an' keep 'em from doin' it."

He looks at Oradro's rail gun and laughs. "Oi, yah, ya really mus' not remember yer old life, Scaly-Butt... da 'old' Oradro woulda been too embarrassed ta be totin'' 'round such an underpowered pea-shooter like dat." Unless someone else claims it, he'll pat his friend on the shoulder and chuckle. "Nah, ya might as well hold on ta it yerself. If nothin' else, it'll fool da enemy inta thinkin' ya ain't as much o' a threat dan ya really are."

He spends the rest of their 'down time' trying to bring Oradro up to speed on their time together first with the Star Swords, then with the Adventurers, hoping to jog his friend's memory as much as possible before they're taken to the audience chamber. The moment his eyes set upon the "Priestess" they narrow with an accompanying soft growl. Of course she'd be here. Wonderful.

Juan Echo wrote:"Oh look, the messenger of the 'Prophetess' made it out of the bar safely. I was worried the Tarlok would have captured her,"


Icky snorts. "Oi yah, chum. Lucky fer 'er dat she made it out right before dey got dere..." he stares her right in the eye. Real lucky. The kind of lucky one gets by making their own luck... in this case by knowing what's coming.

He doesn't say anything more until Starchief has had a chance to speak. Inside his head, however, is a different story. There's something wrong about this woman outside of her policy. Humies are rather standard design by nature, but she seems... off, somehow. Could be any reason -- mutation, cybernetics, shapeshifters, anything. As he waits for Starchief to make his case he studies the woman trying to figure out what's 'wrong.'

Lore: Galactic/Alien -- 1d100 = 26/30% (studying her)
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 30/79% (to see if she's concealed anything on her)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:27 am

<Rolls held>
When Juan pretty much pushes Sorrenson over to bring him out of his meditation he recalls their brief conversation before he started to meditate.
Juan Echo wrote:"I've never been one to say no... if you want to find out, we can go to Carmen's after this mission, pick up some dancers, and I'll teach you how to swing."

Sorrenson runs his hands through his hair and smooths his whiskers as if waking up. He eventually shakes his head as if he finds something rather amusing. Well, that's more than enough info for me. I kinda knew what the answer would be but I still had to ask anyway... "Of all the gods that could have joined us we get good ol' Juan the Brazen Beetle Banger, the Fornicator of Flies, the Sleazy Snail Seductor or the Dastardly Dragonfly Dicker, the Manly Moth Mounter... I could go on." He says with a laugh over radio after he suits up. "I'll pass on the swinging. Thanks for the offer though. I don't think my tastes are as... broad as yous." Sorrenson may be young but he's been to enough parties on Center to have encountered his share of swingers. Hot damn. Nothing worse than a Swinger who won't shut up about how much they love swinging. It's not even like many of them actually hit on you, it's just they can't stop talking about it. He thinks to himself, remembering being very high and rather put off after getting cornered into a conversation with a rabid true believer of the swinging lifestyle - more than once.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:36 am

rolls carried over wrote:-----------------------------------
Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 15 | 39%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 17| Original post: 1d100 = 63%
-----------------------------------

Seeing the massive Seljuk, Metri's eyes narrow and his brow furrows. Impossible... Is that Oradro? the Yhabbayar muses to himself, inadvertently catching Skorl's attention.

Oradro? Who's Oradro? The formidable lizardman rippling with muscles? Now THAT fella has all the trappings of a proper Viking warrior. I'd rest assured to be standing shield to shield next to that one. Bet he could knock a man clear across the room with just his pinky!

Metri pushes aside the buzzing of Skorl's remarks and tries to investigate further. He opens up his sensitivities to life ((Sense Life))... remembering the conflicted nature that was the tell-tale signature of their former captain. What he senses puzzles him. Rather than the fractured essence of morals in conflict, this one glows with a championing light akin to that carried by Sir Zem. It must be another of his race... Metri concludes with tepid conviction. One who is either likewise blessed by the Cosmic Forge, or whose convictions and commitment to the Light are enshrined in an unbreakable steely resolve.

Having seemingly resolved the Seljuk curiosity, Metri returns his attention to the conversation. I wonder what the priestess wants with them? Given her fanatical dedication to the resistance, I can only presume it somehow involves fighting the occupying Tarlocks.

I'll occupy her Tarlock... Once she tastes Odin's helmet, she'll see the error in her ways and convert to the only true religion! Skorl quickly interjects, bringing an otherwise academic conversation quickly into the dirt. Metri can only roll his eyes and debate the benefits of erecting a mind block to tune out the chattering rune hammer.

Hush. I am trying to listen. the Yhabbayar sharply chides the Viking essence. And desperately hopes Skorl will recognize the value of silence at this moment in time.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:03 am

<Rolls carry>
Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Of all the gods that could have joined us we get good ol' Juan the Brazen Beetle Banger, the Fornicator of Flies, the Sleazy Snail Seductor or the Dastardly Dragonfly Dicker, the Manly Moth Mounter... I could go on."

Juan cocks his head. "Oh, feel free to go on."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"I'll pass on the swinging. Thanks for the offer though. I don't think my tastes are as... broad as yours."

"No offense taken, my little Urqos comrade. But for someone that has enough drugs on his person to put down even one of my most hated enemies* you have a lot of hang ups. Are you sure you didn't have a bad experience with a God before, like Priapus?** Even I could not keep up with that maniac. But suit yourself, I am not here to judge or impose on you, simply to evangelize all the glories, be they carnal, combative, cultural, or cuisine, of the Three Galaxies to all those who wander the stars. Now let's go enjoy ourselves in the one way we can both agree, fragging some Tarloks."

*****
Urqos Icky wrote:Oi yah, chum. Lucky fer 'er dat she made it out right before dey got dere.

"Perhaps we should try and extract that 'luck' out of her, eh?" Juan whispers. He lets Starchief do the talking while keeping an eye on the two others by her side. The priestess is not likely to attack herself, but she could command her minions to attack at any moment. If Starchief fails to convince the table of their intentions, this could get ugly quickly.

* Revel Aschen was known as the Goddess of Debauchery, the Queen of All Ragers, the Mistress of the Open Container, and She Who Imbibed Everything on the planet Mama. Juan was set to marry her, as his twin, Joan, was set to marry her twin, Machin, before their respective planets went back to war. Juan promptly captured and executed her. Machin Aschen tried (And failed) to retaliate by having Juan's execution serve as the centerpiece of his own marriage to Joan Echo 200 years later.
** In the event that you find yourself praying to Priapus for more than four hours get spiritual help right away, as your prayers should not normally last that long and could cause permanent damage to your faith.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 35

”Thanks for this, Kaboom. I'm... I'm not an idiot. I can see that you're mad at me about leaving. I just hope that you can understand me some day.” During the walk to the cave, Starchief stays silent but vigilant. If they found us that easily before, they could do it again. Without Kaboom to effect an escape, we would be sitting Lurduucks. On the subject of finding us, I can only hope that wherever Solaris and McKenna are, they are safe.


”You're getting better with your powers, Kaboom. A tunnel like this used to tax the hell out of you. Proud of you.”
Starchief marches along through the caverns until they reach the table with Sister Haad, Waldo and an unknown man.
Kaboom wrote:”It looks like our Starchief has returned. I’ll leave it to you all to decide whether you’re buying his ‘greater good’ schtick, but he’s not here to stay- he just wants something.”

Starchief keeps a neutral look on his face, actively going against his internal disappointment at his one time best friend/brother. I'll win you over some day, old friend. But not today it seems. He tucks his helmet under his arm and makes solid eye contact with the person sitting to the left, rotating between all three of them as he speaks. ”Good evening, Council. Thank you for agreeing to see me and my crew. Speaking of which, I'd like to introduce the crew of the Dime Store Magic. This is Chef Icky, a powerful warrior in and out of the kitchen. Sorrenson, handy with technology and magic. Juan Echo, the Wandering God. Mara, who is better with a blade than any I've ever seen. And the recently returned Oradro, a knight of the Cosmic Forge.” Starchief gesticulates to each of the members as he introduces them. ”Together, we have traveled the stars and battled with countless evils, working to keep the three galaxies safe. I wish my return was under more heartening circumstances for I miss my home greatly and I know that it still needs me. This became apparent when we were given information about an enemy of ours. A group of elite warriors, built to counter our group's efforts in protecting the universe, were dispatched to Seeron. Our role here is to discover what they are up to and if possible, put a stop to it. You can think what you would like of my previous decisions,” Starchief looks straight to the Priestess when he says this, ”but you will need our help to prevent whatever is hatching here.” Starchief pauses and waits for what he expects will be a harsh rebuttal. (Trust: 1d100 = 19/92%)
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:16 am

Things are quiet, in your lead-up to visiting the Skraypers base. Sorrenson manages to grab two hours’ worth of meditation, although it’s not without some self-recrimination regarding Solaris and Aoife. And of course, no period of downtime would be complete without a little banter between the techno-wizard and everyone’s favorite godling. Juan also uses the opportunity to extend an olive branch to their guide.
Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos Kaboom," Juan starts with a conciliatory tone, "how did you come across your call sign? It is a great handle, worthy of a tough warrior. But it doesn't really fit your unique skillset. Your powers while impressive, aren't explosive. Why it would be like calling you Wolverine, or Gambit, or Shatterstar. All great warrior names, but wouldn't fit at all. Have you ever thought of going by a name like Morph? Or Jubilee? You look like a Jubilee."
Kaboom gives Juan a sour look and grunts. ”I don’t like to advertise what I can do to the Tarlok. I picked the name ‘cuz it’s what I want to happen to ‘em. Each and every single one.” He adds grimly. The more empathetic among you see that there’s a lot of anger there- no doubt driven by many painful years under the Tarlok. They’ve left their mark on people such as this every bit as much as the buildings around the city.

Icky, meanwhile, brings Oradro up to speed with all the group’s happenings- not just since the Seljuk’s departure, but everything that the newly forged knight apparently doesn’t remember. Some of what Icky says resonates, giving Oradro much to think about as you depart for the base. In that respect, at least, he seems unchanged. While you are en route, Mara looks around to try and pick out any of the landmarks with which she has become acquainted since arriving here. Some of the taller, most prominent buildings look a little familiar- and from a different enough angle that it’s clear that you are some distance from your previous neighborhood, without having left the city. Beyond that though, she simply isn’t familiar enough with the city to have any sense of even your general location.

Your arrival is met with little fanfare, but the unceremonious nature of your entrance does not diminish the hope that you are finally starting to make progress with your mission. A rapid padding up one of the side corridors, imperfectly silenced, abruptly stops and escapes notice- until Sorrenson gets bored and checks his spy drone’s telemetry for the umpteenth time. He spots a heat signature, smaller than a human (or your average Seeronian), that looks to be eavesdropping on you as you enter the meeting with the council. Metri, for his part, is mostly focused on the cosmo-knight and its possible resemblance to Oradro- the armor leaves little to the imagination, but the face is one of those details. Metri then hears a step behind him.

Oradro, and most of the rest of you, remain silent as you approach the council and Starchief addresses them. The rest of your escort files away outside, although Kaboom remains nonchalantly leaning against one pillar off to the side. Starchief keeps it short and simple- the priestess’ expression makes it clear that there is no love lost there, but conversely the woman sitting next to her watches Starchief speak with a small smile on her face. The man remains impassive until Starchief is finished.

Key
Priestess Jesse G. Haad
Professor Gyd Navon, aka Waldo
Unidentified man


Haad wastes no time in rebutting Starchief. ”We shouldn’t even be meeting with these… people. Seeron has enough problems without getting involved with yet more.”

”With all due respect your eminence, Andra was a Skrayper long before we ever heard of you or the Free World Council. He performed many great deeds in service to his people, and though we were all diminished and saddened by his absence if nothing else I think we owe it to at least hear him out.” This last remark is pointed, and her gaze shifts to Kaboom as she says it. ”Let’s not forget, they held off against an impressive array of Tarlok troopers and saved many lives in the process.”

”Let’s not forget, it was their carelessness that led the Tarlok to us in the first place! If not for them, the raid would never have happened. Allying with off-world mercenaries is too great a risk!”

”There were no casualties among our ranks.” Navon glances sadly at Starchief as she says this.

At this point, the man on Haad’s other side raises his hand. ”We are getting off-topic here. I would like to know more about these ‘warriors.’” He leans forward and fixes a piercing gaze on Starchief. ”You say that they are operating somewhere on Seeron. Do you know anything about their objective? I’m not aware of any alien groups openly operating on the planet- the Tarlok tend to limit how much contact aliens can have with the planet at large.”

The man leans back in his chair. ”The bottom line is- what exactly do you want us to do? Her eminence is correct in this- even on Seeron your team does stand out a bit. Working with you represents a nontrivial risk to our operation. What can you offer to justify that risk?”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 28

As Kaedras stalks the corridors of the resistance seeking the one whom his eavesdropping had alerted him to, he ruminates over the series of events that brought him here.

Though he chastises himself, it's his father's voice he hears. Kaedras, you are a fool, with fool's luck. Only you could travel the three galaxies and end up on a planet you can't get off of. Only you could set out to save the weak, and end up employed by a slaver captain. Only you could train for two human lifetimes only to end up under the slaver captain's heel. You've had your little rebellion, and you've met up with and joined the resistance, and now, only you, seek out an alien in the hopes of escape. Pray for yourself, fool. Pray you find wits. Pray you find wisdom. Pray you find worthiness. Else this little adventure of yours will end in ignominy, not just for you, but your House as well.

Castigating himself, he looks up and sees the little green alien he seeks, the one called Metri, and at that moment, his foot falls uncharacteristically loudly, betraying his presence.

FOOL! You stomp as loudly as a dwarf. He sighs. Nevertheless... Carry on.

When or if Metri looks his way, Kaedras slightly inclines his head in greeting. "Master Metri, I have heard of your efforts in the infirmary - I am told you have a talented hand." What is he doing? Standing here by the doorway... is he lurking? Listening?

He arches an eyebrow almost imperceptibly. "I too have some skill at healing, and I was hoping..." What WAS I hoping? "That I could add my efforts to yours. In whatever capacity you require. I have had but small experience with these Tarlok slavers," he nearly spits the word in his disgust, "... and I wish to do whatever is in my strength to..." Make them SUFFER. "To... assist. To end this plague of Tarlocks."

He stops, scrutinizing the small green alien. One can easily see this one holds power. To be so small, so seemingly feeble, and yet... unscarred, unbroken. He is a force to be reckoned with.

Lore: Galactic Aliens 30% 1d100 = 82 (Identify this alien - FAIL)

He takes a step backward, and again, inclines his head ever so slightly. "What say you?"
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 10
JiC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 69
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 9

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Standing in front of the leaders of Seeron's resistance, Juan Echo listens to Starchief's introduction. Dude's a natural leader. This is followed by the Priestess's response. Dude, she's leading these guys to hell.

Jesse G. Haad wrote:"We shouldn’t even be meeting with these… people."

***GOD*** Juan clears his throat loud enough to pause the conversation (Impress (80%) = 1d100 = 36; SUCCESS!). He then adjusts his man-bun as if he hadn't said a thing.

He lets the council proceed. Until...
Jesse G. Haad wrote:"Let's not forget, it was their carelessness that led the Tarlok to us in the first place! If not for them, the raid would never have happened. Allying with off-world mercenaries is too great a risk!"

"We are not mercenaries. We are a team of elite warriors," Juan replies giving a wink (Charm (80%) = 1d100 = 68; SUCCESS!) to Waldo for recognizing the Adventurers' skill, "who are sent on missions to protect the Three Galaxies of the gravest threats. These are not pursuits for profit. Our latest mission has finally brought Urqos Starchief to his home planet, and we'd be more than happy to take out some Tarlok as well."
Last edited by Juan Echo on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:49 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 74 1d20 = 8
Charm/Impress: 63% 1d100 = 67
Trust: 37% 1d100 = 30

Oradro was quietly observant of the conversation, though one part twigged at him, and he lightly debated with himself on if he should speak up or simply remain silent. However, after a few moments of inner wrestling with himself, he decided to at least speak up a little bit. "If you would pardon me, but I feel it's important at this juncture to point out that not all of us are Mercenaries. Nor am I directly associated with this group." he'd say sweeping a motion around to the others gathered. "I am Oradro Yekeva, Knight of the Cosmic Forge. The Forge feels the need to call one such as myself to aid you here, and given how few of us there are, and the dire situations elsewhere in the Three Galaxies and beyond, I feel I would be remiss as to fail to mention, that such a call is always important and done with good reason, even if we Knights are not always privy to said reasons directly." he'd pause a moment to try and gauge the response and reactions. He wasn't even sure if these people knew what a Cosmo Knight even was after all. "Suffice it to say, if The Forge feels it is important for me to be here, you are facing a significant threat, not only to yourselves, but ultimately, to other worlds well beyond your own as well. Thus, I humbly request that you at least consider this and take it into account when trying to understand why I, and these other warriors are here to help you." he'd fall silent again after that, hoping he'd done the right thing. Don't want to be seen as trying to undercut Starchief's position, but maybe that will get them to better listen to what he has to say?
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:59 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 70 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 20| 1d100 = 21%
-----------------------------------

Distracted by his thoughts, Metri is startled by the sound of footfall behind him. Closing his eyes, the Yhabbayar inhales slowly, then turns to face what he believes is the inevitability of having been caught snooping about. Instead, he is met with the lithe statuesque form of Kaedras, making an introduction.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Master Metri, I have heard of your efforts in the infirmary - I am told you have a talented hand."


Metri's facial expression melts into one of warm welcome. "Hmm, overstated my abilities are. Amazing the body's natural healing is, when gently encouraged. Yesss." Realizing that their voices will likely be heard by those in attendance of the meeting, the Yhabbayar rises from his skulking position and faces the Star Elf directly, engaging in obvious conversation.

"At a disadvantage, you have me. Know my name you do. Unknown, your name is to me." the Yhabbayar remarks. His over-sized eyes scrutinize Kaedras carefully. ((Sense Life))

I sense conflict. Neither a champion of light nor a destroyer of life. But his demeanor suggests... affluence, but insecurity.

Lore: Galactic. 1d100 = 66 | 75% <== Recognize Star Elf race
Anthropology: 1d100 = 1 | 80% <== get a sense of Kaedras' cultural implications based on demeanor.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:He arches an eyebrow almost imperceptibly. "I too have some skill at healing, and I was hoping..." What WAS I hoping? "That I could add my efforts to yours. In whatever capacity you require. I have had but small experience with these Tarlok slavers," he nearly spits the word in his disgust, "... and I wish to do whatever is in my strength to..." Make them SUFFER. "To... assist. To end this plague of Tarlocks."


Metri smiles broadly, "Help relieving suffering in others, a noble goal is, yesss. Welcome I do, with open arms." The idea of another assisting him in the seemingly endless work of healing the wounded during unending conflict is a breath of relief to Metri. However, the Yhabbayar's face stiffens a little at the latter of Kaedra's proclamation. The events of Center and the lengths at which they had to go to defeat an overwhelming demonic threat is still fresh in his mind and weighing heavily on his soul. "Careful one must be. Become like the monsters we seek to defeat, we should not. Justice, not genocide, our goal should be. Hmm."

With a wave of his tridactyl hand toward the sounds of the meeting, Metri will share, "A gathering of great heroes, in the next room is. Finding resolutions to impossible situations, their specialty is." His grand statement is punctuated with a moment of hesitation.

Is now the right time for revelation and rendezvous with my former teammates? I did leave them without much warning on my sojourn into the depths of the Center...

Never apologize for those actions. We did GOOD down there. Without us, many would have suffered, died at the hands of the swarms of that demonic rabble.

Metri seems to nod ever so slightly to himself.

I suppose you are right, Skorl. And our paths have reunited with those of the Adventurers... So, no harm, no foul? The Yhabbayar quips with uncertainty.

Realizing the uncomfortable length of pause between his words, Metri concludes to Kaedras, "Volunteer our services, we could, hmm?"

Trust (high MA). 1d100 = 21 | 92% <== Convey genuine nature to Kaedras
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:58 am

(Rolls carried over)

Metri wrote:"Hmm, overstated my abilities are. Amazing the body's natural healing is, when gently encouraged. Yesss... At a disadvantage, you have me. Know my name you do. Unknown, your name is to me."


Kaedras winces, almost imperceptibly. "My apologies, a breach of etiquette rather than an attempted social power play. I am Kaedras of House Idralion. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Metri."

Metri wrote:"Help relieving suffering in others, a noble goal is, yesss. Welcome I do, with open arms. Careful one must be. Become like the monsters we seek to defeat, we should not. Justice, not genocide, our goal should be. Hmm."


Although his face remains impassive, the green alien's insight sends goosebumps up the star elf's arm. Twice he has caught me out. And yet, he is absolutely correct. I seek revenge for being betrayed, and being fooled. Instead, there are real people here in genuine need.

Kaedras nods. "Your insight is profound. I pray you will allow me to take your counsel in the future."

Metri wrote:"A gathering of great heroes, in the next room is. Finding resolutions to impossible situations, their specialty is... Volunteer our services, we could, hmm?"


Kaedras nods. "Indeed. If they seek to aid the people of Seeron against the Kreeghor, they shall have my aid. I shall follow your lead, Master Metri."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 /34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 52
OOC Comments
PPE: 47/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Juan Echo wrote:Are you sure you didn't have a bad experience with a God before?
Sorrenson rolls his eyes at the question. He records a short statement when he bundles up in a file and uses his comms laser to send over a packet to Juan. This seems like a better way to avoid Tarlok eavesdropping. I don't want them tracking me, or my signals, anymore. "Dude, this isn't the first time you've implied that I've been inappropriately fiddled by a god before. For the record: No, I have not. You're pretty much the only god I know and, I'm happy to say, you've kept your hands to yourself. As for Fragging Tarloks, sure why not? Although I'm gunna put a premium on survival. These buggers hit hard!...So in other news... There has to be a limit right? There has to be things that even you wouldn't get it on with, right? The Blow Worm on the ship - yes, no or depends?"

At the council meeting Sorrenson pings each team member with a quick message, via a laser comms beam, that they are being watched by a little humanoid. Hi ho! We've got someone playing 'hide-n-seek' at bearing 47. He looks at the image on his screen. I think I'm seeing things... Looks like Metri? Is that even possible. He tries using his comms laser to send Metri a message. "Hey Metri, is that you? It's Sorrenson here."

When Starchief introduces him to the council Sorrenson opens up his armor so they can see his face. He waves and says "Hiya." Then he stops. I don't know what to say. I know sweet FA about the guys were here to fight. Hmm, best to keep my mouth shut I think. 'Speak when spoken' too seems like a good way to play this one for me.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 46

Conditions:

Mara still just listens and observes and she still has no idea what the mission really is. So we are after old enemies, enemies that have fought this crew to standstill. Hmm, maybe there is a reason the cosmo knight is here and maybe the reason I ended up on a planet with an old teammate. The fates can be funny and fickle. Mara stands and gives a short bow as Starburst speaks her name. Man that boy, well man, can speak. He should probably be running things here. Must be a serious calling to keep him away.
Dark Lord wrote: At this point, the man on Haad’s other side raises his hand. ”We are getting off-topic here. I would like to know more about these ‘warriors.’” He leans forward and fixes a piercing gaze on Starchief. ”You say that they are operating somewhere on Seeron. Do you know anything about their objective? I’m not aware of any alien groups openly operating on the planet- the Tarlok tend to limit how much contact aliens can have with the planet at large.”

The man leans back in his chair. ”The bottom line is- what exactly do you want us to do? Her eminence is correct in this- even on Seeron your team does stand out a bit. Working with you represents a nontrivial risk to our operation. What can you offer to justify that risk?”

Well this could be risky, but the one from the Free World Counsel may recognize my clan. Mara stands and nods to Starburst, "Counselors, excuse my appearance, may I formally introduce myself. My name is Mara Archerean, True Atlantean Undead Slayer of the ancient clan Archerean. Masters of the Dimension gates of the planet Alexandria. I can offer one thing. I was asked by the clan leaders to look into the Seeronian heritage. The Elders believe, and now I believe, especially getting to know your noble Starchief, that Seeronians are ancient descendants of the Atlantean race. I understand this probably means very little to you here today, surrounded by enemies and fighting for your very existence. It will mean something to True Atlanteans. I will bring your case to the clan elders. I promise nothing, but hopefully they can and will find a way to assist or support your resistance, especially as you may be our distant cousins. I have no idea how that would be accomplished, but Alexandria is an important member of the UWW. Again, respectfully, I can promise nothing, nothing but my efforts to persuade them to assist you in your valiant struggle against this foreign invading horde. Thank you for your indulgence." She gives another short bow and takes a step back. She does her best not look as her favorite ratboy speaks of a lurker.

45% trust/intimidate - Spent 1 EP for a Crit Success
40% charm/impress - Spent 1 EP for a Crit Success
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 am

rolls carried wrote:-----------------------------------
Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 70 | 39%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20| Original post: 1d100 = 21%
-----------------------------------

Kaedras' apology is waved off by the Yhabbayar as unnecessary and Metri gives the Star Elf a smile and nod in return for proper introduction.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:Kaedras nods. "Your insight is profound. I pray you will allow me to take your counsel in the future."

At the Star Elf's praise, Metri's cheeks turn a deeper hue of green. Embarrassed, the Yhabbayar waves away the reverence and makes light of the comment by pointing to his forehead, "When developed as many wrinkles, you have. Need for counsel, you will not. Hmm." in mock seriousness.

Unfortunately, when burdened with the responsibilities that seem to be typical of what the Adventurers' are tasked with, stress-induced aging and/or hazards to one's health are close bedfellows. Metri muses to himself, momentarily saddened once more at the heavy cost that has been paid thus far to hold back the darkness.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:Kaedras nods. "Indeed. If they seek to aid the people of Seeron against the Kreeghor, they shall have my aid. I shall follow your lead, Master Metri."


Woah Ho! Handsome Slim is looking to join your cause! Maybe you should notify him of the occupational hazards and the trail of fallen comrades this crusade has wrought. Death. And more Death. Metri's face scrunches slightly and nods. Yes, this is true. There is also Glory, which is what you seek... and Purpose. That which I pursue. Regardless, I agree that he should be made aware of the implications of the contract he seems so eager to sign.

"Hmm, yes. Welcome your aid is. Compelled to give you warning, I am." Metri pauses for emphasis, "Before you, many choose to walk this path. Few remain. None are the same. Hmm, yesss." The Yhabbayar's ears droop slightly, "Certain, you must be. In defiance of Darkness, willing to put yourself in hazard's way. Death, a constant. Oneself, comrades, enemies, innocents. Know not, the faces you help. Know you not, those saved from Oblivion. Hmmm."

Sorrenson wrote:"Hey Metri, is that you? It's Sorrenson here."


The crackling of his comms coming to life startles the Yhabbayar out of his momentary despair. Hope glimmers in his eyes and a smile quickly spreads across his face. He holds up one tridactyl finger toward Kaedras, begging a for a moment, depresses the mic and responds aloud. "A great comfort to hear your voice, Sorrenson. Hmm. Yes, Metri here. Strange the threads of Fate that intertwine us. Tricked and kidnapped from the depths of Center, I was. Conscripted to this conflict, burdened with psychic healing of Seeronian combatants against the Tarlock and stranded on this planet. Grateful to see you, I am, yesss." Metri catches his breath, the words coming out hastily, "See many of the Adventurers' I do. Eavesdropped on your meeting. Now is, a good time to reveal and rejoin? Also with me, an eager recruit is. yesss."
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 38

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Dark Lord wrote:Haad wastes no time in rebutting Starchief. ”We shouldn’t even be meeting with these… people. Seeron has enough problems without getting involved with yet more.”

”With all due respect your eminence, Andra was a Skrayper long before we ever heard of you or the Free World Council. He performed many great deeds in service to his people, and though we were all diminished and saddened by his absence if nothing else I think we owe it to at least hear him out.” This last remark is pointed, and her gaze shifts to Kaboom as she says it. ”Let’s not forget, they held off against an impressive array of Tarlok troopers and saved many lives in the process.”

”Let’s not forget, it was their carelessness that led the Tarlok to us in the first place! If not for them, the raid would never have happened. Allying with off-world mercenaries is too great a risk!”

”There were no casualties among our ranks.” Navon glances sadly at Starchief as she says this.

At this point, the man on Haad’s other side raises his hand. ”We are getting off-topic here. I would like to know more about these ‘warriors.’” He leans forward and fixes a piercing gaze on Starchief. ”You say that they are operating somewhere on Seeron. Do you know anything about their objective? I’m not aware of any alien groups openly operating on the planet- the Tarlok tend to limit how much contact aliens can have with the planet at large.”

The man leans back in his chair. ”The bottom line is- what exactly do you want us to do? Her eminence is correct in this- even on Seeron your team does stand out a bit. Working with you represents a nontrivial risk to our operation. What can you offer to justify that risk?”


Icky audibly snarls as Haad starts running off at the piehole, but stands back and forcibly calms himself down while Oradro and Mara speak up. Easy now, heifer... he chides himself. Remember what your drill instructor said. No, not 'you look like a bag full of sloppy frells, private' -- he said to pick your battles. 'If you're going to die on a hill, make it a hill worth dying on.' You'll get your chance to roast her arse over a plasma furnace soon enough. Once he feels he's sufficiently back under control he clears his throat.

"Since we're playin' da formal full introductions game 'ere, ladies an' gentlemen, me full name's Iktinos. Priest-in-trainin' o' me lord Dionysus, an' former Staff Sergeant in good standin' wit' da United Worlds o' Warlock Marine Corps. I get dat ya got serious trust issues wit' us, an' I'm sure ya get dat we got trust issues wit' some o' ya as well..." he stares right at Haad for a long moment before turning his attention to the unidentified man. "But yer right, dat ain't gettin' us nowhere fast. Yeah yer boy 'ere's been off-world an' outta dis fight fer a while. But it's been 'cause 'e's been fightin' not jus' fer dis world but countless others. I'm talkin' jumbo-economy-size brouhahas like a full-blown demon invasion o' Phase World. Takin' on a frakkin' demon general on a frakkin' demon planet populated by frakkin' demons. Scraps dat'd make yer Tarlok problems look like a family squabble over Solstice dinner. An' 'Chief 'ere never even flinched so much as once when it came ta puttin' 'is life on da line ta protect others. Couldn't ask ta stand an' fight alongside a better type o' blork dan 'im, Big D witness me. Ya don't believe me, fine. Ya don't believe Mar or da Cosmo-Knight, fine. Get someone in 'ere dat can read minds -- anybody but dat one," he points at Haad. "Scan me memories ta prove I'm shootin' ya straight if it'll make ya feel better. Otherwise, let's move on."

He'll answer any specific questions about the Imperial spook squad, but otherwise will leave the details to Starchief.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 pm

<Rolls carry>

Juan Echo receives the comms packet from Sorrenson and listens it on a low volume. He is unsure if the techno-wizard's discretion is because they could be monitored, or because of the subject material. Perhaps both. He listens to the recording and considers his response before send a message using his comms laser.

Still getting used to the N.00.b sound system, Juan accidentally adds a a smooth synth and bass soundtrack to the message. "I have been known to enjoy the company of a wyrm that can coil in and around places... but to answer your question, I would not mate with the blow worm. I only mate with sentient beings, so fellow deities and Urqos. It would be wrong to take advantage of that which cannot comprehend 'being' with a deity.* But aside from that, there are few Urqos that I would not want to copulate with again. The Dominators for obvious reasons. The Ichthyofilles of Igndos III; I just am not that into fish. And the Khreegor are just a serious turn off, for a lot of the same reasons I am not a fan of the Tarlok, to be honest."

Later...
Urqos Metri wrote:"A great comfort to hear your voice, Sorrenson. Hmm. Yes, Metri here. Strange the threads of Fate that intertwine us. Tricked and kidnapped from the depths of Center, I was. Conscripted to this conflict, burdened with psychic healing of Seeronian combatants against the Tarlock and stranded on this planet. Grateful to see you, I am, yesss. See many of the Adventurers' I do. Eavesdropped on your meeting. Now is, a good time to reveal and rejoin? Also with me, an eager recruit is. yesss."

Juan hears Metri's message and scans the room**. The larva? The little green sage is somewhere around here. Juan shouts as loud as he can, "Urqos Metri! How did you get here? Come join us."

Juan then turns to the table and says, "It sounds like you already know one of our colleagues. Urqos Metri was with us when we fought the demon planet that Urqos Icky mentioned. He can vouch for us and our intentions." Did the larva say something about being kidnapped, and conscripted? "But it sure sounds like you press-ganged him into your movement. I wouldn't expect a group of devoted freedom fighters, like yourselves, to behave like a group of grubby slavers. Surely, this is just a misunderstanding."

* Let it be known that the Wanderer's hands do not trespass.
** Juan Echo passed his perception roll, and while he may not see Metri through the walls, he notices the corners that someone could hide behind. Although he cannot see who is there, when Sorrenson says someone is spying on them, Juan is acutely aware that someone is there.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 am

(Carry on, my wayward rolls)

Metri wrote:"When developed as many wrinkles, you have. Need for counsel, you will not. Hmm."


Kaedras arches an eyebrow. "I will be old indeed if that happens." Indeed, I have never seen one of my kind possessed of wrinkles under the age of one thousand.

Metri wrote:"Hmm, yes. Welcome your aid is. Compelled to give you warning, I am. Before you, many choose to walk this path. Few remain. None are the same. Hmm, yesss. Certain, you must be. In defiance of Darkness, willing to put yourself in hazard's way. Death, a constant. Oneself, comrades, enemies, innocents. Know not, the faces you help. Know you not, those saved from Oblivion. Hmmm."


I have seen many an idle warning. This is not one. I see the seriousness in his eyes, the sadness there also. Their struggles... to protect the defenseless in the face of true evil... this is greater than my plight, or myself. This is a worthy cause.

"Master Metri, I do not vow idly. If by my life or death I can protect the defenseless or stymie evil, I will not hesitate. If your cause is truly as you say, then I pledge myself to it fully."

Though the star elf's face is typically dispassionate, Metri will see a certain hardness in his eyes that indicate the truth of his words.

As Metri receives and responds to the communication of someone named Sorrenson, Kaedras stands at the ready. These are clearly no strangers to him - these are his comrades true.

As if to emphasize the point, he hears a voice shouting from within the room.

Odd voice wrote:"Urqos Metri! How did you get here? Come join us."


With a hint of a smile playing at his eyes and the corners of his mouth, he looks to the wizened alien before him. "Master Metri... I believe you are being summoned." He gestures toward the door with his hand, a sweeping 'after-you' gesture.

Assuming they begin to enter the room, he asks in a near whisper, "What exactly is 'Urqos'? Is that your name?"
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 65

When Waldo speaks, Starchief smiles a bit, bolstered by the legacy that Starchief has left behind on Seeron. At least my good deeds allow me to speak here. With or without the approval of this council, our mission must not fail. The reference to casualties among the Galactic Adventurers

He keeps a calm face when the Priestess speaks, recognizing the inflammatory tactics she is using to rile up her fellow council-folk.

With his helmet off, Starchief misses the messages regarding Metri. But there's no way he can miss this.
Juan Echo wrote:Juan shouts as loud as he can, "Urqos Metri! How did you get here? Come join us."

Starchief gives Metri a solid smile and nod, but concentrates on the task at hand.

Responding to the unidentified man, Starchief goes into detail about his group's previous run-in with the guardsmen, explaining their roster as he remembers it and their fighting styles. "I do not know their objective, sir. I am... we are here to determine that. I can assure you that it is not something for the good of our people. As for what I'd like you to do? I would like you to grant us the use of S.K.I.N.* to look for signs of these players. I would like you to grant us the use of a safehouse from which to operate for no longer than 7 days. As for what I can offer? I would like a presentation from this council about the occupation of the people of Seeron and the Charizolon system at large. I have... connections back where we are stationed. I would ask that connection to use his influence to bring attention to our struggle here. I think between Mara's Atlantean connections as well as Chef Icky's service to the United Worlds of Warlock, and my connection's influence with the Consortium of Civilized Worlds, this will benefit us all." Starchief continues to look between the faces of the council to see how his words struck them.

Skills
Trust: 1d100 = 621d100 = 441d100 = 37/92%




*Skrayper Knowledge and Information Network
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:27 pm

The meeting is tense; despite Waldo clearly being on your, or at least Starchief’s, side things don’t start on the best foot. From the get-go, Haad is hostile and the team responds in kind- Juan corrects her slander of the group twice, and Icky actually snarls at her out loud. Meanwhile, Sorrenson detects Metri observing them, initially suspicious- until he starts to recognize the outlined profile. On the team’s secure channel, Sorrenson sends a message and has his guess confirmed- the watcher is none other than Metri, returned to the team. Later on, you will see that he has some sort of elf in tow- with Kaedras having introduced himself in the hopes of cultivating an ally (or at least a ride off-world), and Metri giving him more than he bargained for as he brings him up to speed rapidly.

Nonetheless, most of you keep your cool and strive to make your case to the clear swing vote on the council- the unidentified man. Oradro cites his position as a Knight of the Forge, and his assignment to the team, as proof of their intentions. Mara likewise reveals herself as a True Atlantean, on assignment from her clan elders, and dangles the possibility of assistance from them in exchange for aid. While Sorrenson clams up, Juan and Icky also throw in their two cents.
Juan Echo wrote:"It sounds like you already know one of our colleagues. Urqos Metri was with us when we fought the demon planet that Urqos Icky mentioned. He can vouch for us and our intentions... But it sure sounds like you press-ganged him into your movement. I wouldn't expect a group of devoted freedom fighters, like yourselves, to behave like a group of grubby slavers. Surely, this is just a misunderstanding."
”You have a strange way of asking for help, alien. Metri is the little green fellow, yes? He volunteered to help in our infirmary until such time as he can secure transportation off-world. There are no prisoners here- we don’t have the resources.” The man scowls at Juan but lets Icky say his piece, and after him Starchief.

The man is silent for a moment after Icky finishes speaking, then says ”This… Iktinos is either speaking the truth, or believe he does.” He then frowns. ”I dislike the insulting attitude your group is displaying towards our guest from the Free World Council, but this talk of a demonic invasion concerns me more. Assuming you mean actual demons, out of some old story.” He falls silent again, still frowning but also apparently concentrating. ”Still, if those memories you offer are accurate then I’m willing to stipulate that they may represent a threat to the Seeronian people over the long term.”

At this, Haad snorts. ”We can worry about the long-term later. The Seeronian people need to focus on ending the Tarlok occupation, now. Splitting our focus will only doom the resistance.”

This time, the man turns to Haad and fixes her with a pointed stare. ”Priestess Haad; we of the resistance appreciate all of the help that the Free World Council has offered us, but I will thank you not to lecture me on what my people need. Would that all of our new allies were as willing to open their minds as this ‘Iktinos.’” Haad scowls at this, crosses her arms, and falls silent. At her side, Waldo smiles faintly (taking care to angle her head such that the priestess can’t see it). She then presses her advantage.

”It seems to me that Starchief’s request is reasonable enough. Certainly, there are enough abandoned basements in Rylor that we can afford to part with one of them for the short-term. I would like to know more about this ‘connection’ he claims can help us, but the fact remains that the resistance would benefit greatly from any off-world assistance that this group could arrange. We still need experienced fighters. One week in an empty safe house and some minor intelligence sharing seems to be a small price to pay for the chance at getting some. We can arrange things such that Starchief and his team effectively operate independently of the resistance, minimizing the risk to us. You realize, Andra, that that means you will be on your own should the Tarlok discover that you are back on the planet. But from what I gather, you and your team can handle it.”

The man steeples his hands and considers, before nodding. ”I am inclined to agree. Kaboom.” Starchief’s ex-comrade at the back of the room doesn’t exactly come to attention at the sound of his codename, but he does slouch a little less. ”An in-person liaison with Starchief’s team seems to me to be the best way to coordinate operations without jeopardizing the Skraypers operating in this area. You’re as capable as anyone of moving through the city without being undetected, but as the risk is yours to take I will leave it up to you. Will you assist?” Kaboom considers the council for a moment, then nods his assent.

The man nods. ”Good. In that case, I vote we proceed as Starchief has outlined.” Waldo adds, ”I agree, and I believe that gives us a majority. I will inform the other resistance cells, General Haffield might I suggest that you and priestess Haad would be best suited to putting together a briefing for any aliens that Starchief and his crew think might find us sympathetic?” The formerly unidentified man nods his agreement, and Haad does likewise (albeit with a sour expression on her face).

Waldo addresses Starchief. ”Our own network isn’t what it was in your day, Andra. The Tarlok have been hitting us hard, and any external communications links are too great a risk. However, we do have Skraypers here who can use their abilities to tap into the Tarlok’s communications and computing systems, including the BCR superhuman registry. I will take you to them, but try to be brief. The Tarlok do have countermeasures in place, and I will not risk our intelligence capabilities with a broad, time-consuming search through Tarlok databases. If you have any ideas about what these people you pursue are doing here, it will help us limit the search parameters. It will take us a little time to identify a suitable safehouse for you; please make yourselves at home in the meantime. If you wish, you may speak to the resistance fighters here. At present, most of them are in the infirmary recovering from wounds- since you seem to know our new alien healer, perhaps he can show you there and make some introductions. Our people may have information that hasn’t made it into any official reports.”

With that, the council adjourns. Waldo takes Starchief (and anyone who wants to go with him) through a back room. Haad and Haffield leave through the main entrance, followed immediately by Kaboom. Four guards enter after the adjournment, and while they remain silent it’s clear from their body language that they are your escorts. Apparently, you’ve earned the council’s approval but not their complete trust.

((Anyone going with Starchief to the hackers, post a recognize weapon quality skill roll at +20% and ignore the bit about reducing the skill by half if the weapon is not actually handled.))

What are you doing?

PMs
Mara, Icky(Bos), Kaedras- check your PMs.
Key
Priestess Jesse G. Haad
Professor Gyd Navon, aka Waldo
General Haffield
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:23 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 8
JiC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 77

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Middling Urqos General wrote:"You have a strange way of asking for help, alien. Metri is the little green fellow, yes? He volunteered to help in our infirmary until such time as he can secure transportation off-world. There are no prisoners here- we don’t have the resources."

"Like I said," Juan Echo replies with a cold tense tone, "Surely a misunderstanding." Nice of him to mention prisoners with so little prodding. I wonder what other secrets he's got.

After General Haffield has his turn to do some prodding in Chef Ikcy's mind,
the Middling Urqos General wrote:"Priestess Haad; we of the resistance appreciate all of the help that the Free World Council has offered us, but I will thank you not to lecture me on what my people need. Would that all of our new allies were as willing to open their minds as this 'Iktinos.'"

"You can read my mind," Juan chimes in, "it's an open field.*"

After Waldo agrees to provide the Adventurers with resources the Wanderer will follow her and Starchief to meet the hackers. Just after leaving the council chamber, and out of sight of Haad and Haffield, Juan will type out a message and send it via comms laser to Icky, Mara, Metri, and Sorrenson**: ASK ANY ALIENS YOU ENCOUNTER IN THE INFIRMARY HOW THEY ARRIVED TO THIS PLANET AND IF THEY ARE FREE TO LEAVE

As he walks along a corridor with Waldo, Juan keeps his helmet at his hip. He undoes his man bun, letting his long dark hair drape over his shoulders. He turns to Waldo and says, "It is very kind of you to share your resources with us. I can see where Urqos Starchief gets his good heart from..." he gives the elder stateswoman of the Skraypers a wry gain, "and I also assume his fighting spirit. Leading a resistance movement is a mighty burden to bear for any mortal. I wonder how you managed to keep it going for so long? Where do you get the resources? How do you protect your Urqos from capture, and keep the deceased's' families?" Juan asks the questions earnestly. While he is suspicious of the Priestess, and wary of the General's reference to prisoners, he does see an honest group of rebels fighting for their homeland. He respects it on some level, even if it is clearly infiltrated by other forces.

With the hackers Juan will suggest searching for any shipments of alien tech, especially weapons. It is unlikely that these shipments are going to the Tarlok forces, so they may be disguised as private merchants. If there are no weapons shipments, then Juan will suggest look for exotic shipments, ones that don't involve lurduuks (These are not the ducks that you are looking for.), big and full of things that no one will recognize.

* Should anyone enter Juan's mind they will first find themselves in a completely white plane with no end. There, a vision of Juan's twin sister, Joan, will greet them.
"Hi," she will say in a toned lilt, "I'm a manifestation of the Wandering God's twin sister. Welcome to our psyche. Jonny is busy thinking about dirty things right now. (Because of course I am!) You can search around if you want, but you're going to regret it."
Anyone prying around his head will find memories about Juan Echo's time with the Galactic Adventurers, his time before travelling on a transport ship, and even a little of his time ministering to refugees offering the hope of finding a home. This will all be cut with flashes from the many diverse encounters that Juan has had with other alien species. You cannot unsee that.

** He'll only send the message to those who stay to question Skraypers.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 52

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 72

As the various groups file out of the meeting room, Kaedras waist with Metri, and, to his initial surprise, receives a telepathic communique' from some unknown person.

??? wrote:<<Elf-child. The priestess, Haad, is not what she seems. She is a common enemy of ours; do not trust her if you value your life, or those of the mortals on this mud-ball. Meet me in your quarters if you would hear more.>>


Kaedras' eyes narrow as he considers the content of this message. Interesting... ostensibly a warning, however mocking the tone may be. But it is the tone of the warning that troubles me. This could easily be a trap, meant to fool an unsuspecting person into a solo rendez-vous where they may be ambushed. I mislike this. Did not even take the trouble to identify themselves - a breach of etiquette I myself was guilty of not minutes ago. But I, in that scenario, was present and visible, not communicating out of shadows. No. I mislike this a great deal.

He glances at Metri. Can he be trusted? Can anyone? If I am to help the Seeronians, and make my way off of this planet, I must trust someone... I cannot undertake this on my own. But whom to trust - the eternal question - plagues me. Metri seems an honest sort, and in the absense of information from my would-be informer, I must place my trust in those whom I know better - if even marginally. I shall have to make my decision, and live or die by it. "Master Metri... I may need to take your council - and that of your friends - sooner than I feared. But not in this corridor."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 4 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 12| 1d100 = 17%
-----------------------------------
Metri nods at Kaedras commitment to the cause. Then, the Yhabbayar smiles and seems to the elven mind melter to exude a calming ease in response.

Slowly at first, with only Sorrenson's radio communication, then more obviously with their resident travelling god announcing his presence, Metri's presence is made known to those in the meeting.
Juan Echo wrote:Juan shouts as loud as he can, "Urqos Metri! How did you get here? Come join us."


"hmmmm..." the Yhabbayar mutters under his breath. The coarse diplomacy of Juan's pronouncement seems to bring mild irritation to Metri's calm demeanor. Nonetheless, he is inclined to agree with his newfound Star Elf friend.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Master Metri... I believe you are being summoned."

"Yesss, correct you are. A choice, we have not." Metri agrees, gently leading the taller companion with a wave of his hand into the main chamber.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"What exactly is 'Urqos'? Is that your name?"

Kaedras' question gives Metri a moment of pause to gather his interpretation and how best to convey his best understanding, "A god among a planet with many gods, Juan Echo is. 'Urqos', a term given to those not-god, but with much respect to aspirations of individual not-god being." Metri concludes his words with a squint as if he isn't sure if what he said is factually true. But then rolls his shoulders in noncommittal, "Soon, your chance will be to find out more. Yesss."

Not wanting to interrupt the potentially delicate negotiations, he and (if allowed to be guided) Kaedras melt into the background of the chamber. There, he listens to the remainder of the council meeting.

((Intelligence. 1d100 = 70 | 64% <== parse out what angles Priestess Haad must have to interject FWC influence into Seeronian conflict. ((Total Recall if necessary to remember anecdotes and/or relevant war stories from injured personnel he has helped thus far.))))

Waldo and General Haffield's roles in this conflict are clear. They oppose Tarlok occupation as best then can by fighting asymmetrical warfare and try to win hearts and minds with the legend of a resistance fighting the oppression. Priestess Haad is also focused on Seeronians conflict with the Tarlok, but may be pushing an agenda of violence. Why... Mayhaps the conflict is a screen of some sort to mask some larger, more insidious plot?

When the council adjourns, Metri's face is locked in a pensive repose. The contortions of his face look as if he ought to have some sort of smoking pipe lodged in his mouth and a monocle wedged beneath one of his eyes.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Master Metri... I may need to take your council - and that of your friends - sooner than I feared. But not in this corridor."

Kaedras' words catch the Yhabbayar's attention and the detective caricature melds back into the wrinkles on Metri's face. He quickly nods, "Return to the infirmary. A cozy office, I have. Privacy, hmm?"

Metri will introduce Kaedras to any of the Adventurers and guide any who wish to visit the infirmary, back to his current place of employment. "Spot Solaris, I did not. A holding pattern back on the ship, she is, hmm?" Metri asks innocently along the way. His words twinge with a dash of worry and he looks eagerly for reassurances. If he is told of her disappearance on the planet, the Yhabbayar will insist, "Find her before we leave this planet, we must, yess." Though the little alien does not offer any suggestions for how such a feat may be accomplished.

When they return to the infirmary, Metri will introduce his teammates to the wounded who are in good enough condition to converse. And then he will gesture for Kaedras to follow him toward 'privacy'. The two make their way to an innocuous door in the back. Metri carefully opens it and reveals an undersized broom closet. "Privacy, hmm?"

Once in, Metri will inquire, "Urgent, your need for council is, hmm? Tell me."
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 am

(Rolls carried over)

Metri wrote:'Urqos', a term given to those not-god, but with much respect to aspirations of individual not-god being. Soon, your chance will be to find out more. Yesss."


Kaedras nods in understanding. This one is a god? And 'Urqos' is what he calls everyone who isn't. A glimmer of amusement in his eye, Kaedras replies, "That should prove interesting."

The Star-elf follows Metri back to the infirmary, and to his office.

Metri wrote:"Urgent, your need for council is, hmm? Tell me."


Kaedras sits but does not lean back in the chair - he is a picture of balance. "Following the conference, I received a telepathic communication. The telepath did not introduce themself, and proceeded to tell me that General Haad is a so-called 'common enemy' of ours. The telepath seemed disdainful of myself, this planet, and of mortals in general in the short few sentences they transmitted, and they sent a mental image of my own quarters with the request to meet there tonight if I want to know more."

Kaedras looks down, deep in thought for a moment, before continuing. "I have been fooled once. I took a job on a cargo vessel, only to learn they were slavers. This message - though it purports to be an offer of aid - causes me concern. The tone is certainly disdainful: 'elf-child', 'mudball', 'mortals' - these are not terms of respect. Showing me a mental image of my own quarters... feels like an implicit threat. They have been in my quarters, or searched my own mind for the image - either way an intrusion. Whomever this is, they are either not on our side, or lack any sort of diplomacy whatever. I feel caution is warranted in either case. And, in either case, I mean not to show up alone."

"What do you think, Master Metri?"
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d100 = 60 1d20 = 5

Oradro would fall quiet as he listened to the council deliberate. He'd also briefly peer somewhat curiously at Metri, though, didn't at least appear to recognize the little diminutive fellow. Much the same way he'd not recognized others earlier. He really did seem to have some issues remembering things that had happened prior to his becoming a knight after all. Still, for now he had more pressing matters at hand. When the issue of going to see these hackers came up, he'd speak up, to Starchief. "If you tell me more of who these individuals are, perhaps I can be of some assistance in working out what to look for." he'd offer up. "Though I'm uncertain I can be of aid in that matter, I'll certainly lend what ever aid I can for the task. Among other things of course. Just, consider me at your disposal for the time being. The Forge sent me here for a reason after all, and it wasn't just to try to locate Sir Zem by the sounds of it. These are serious and desperate times after all...." Besides, it's my job to help people where and when I can. If the forge needs me elsewhere, it will no doubt let me know.
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:38 pm

rolls carried wrote:-----------------------------------
Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 4 | 39%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 12| Original post: 1d100 = 17%
-----------------------------------

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I have been fooled once. I took a job on a cargo vessel, only to learn they were slavers. This message - though it purports to be an offer of aid - causes me concern. The tone is certainly disdainful: 'elf-child', 'mudball', 'mortals' - these are not terms of respect. Showing me a mental image of my own quarters... feels like an implicit threat. They have been in my quarters, or searched my own mind for the image - either way an intrusion. Whomever this is, they are either not on our side, or lack any sort of diplomacy whatever. I feel caution is warranted in either case. And, in either case, I mean not to show up alone."

"What do you think, Master Metri?"

"Hmm, yess," Metri remarks, his head nodding slightly with each point Kaedras makes, "Caution, a wise choice is."

Silence fills the space of the closet as the Yhabbayar ponders Kaedras' dilemma. Kaedras seems quite astute in his observations and has picked up many nuances of telepathic tone. Very impressive. He is not in a rush to leap at any proffer of help. He is worried with just cause that whomever reached out to him is powerful, perhaps supernatural in nature. And so does not wish to end up in a compromised situation.

"Yes!" Metri suddenly exclaims with a start, lightly striking the upside-down bucket that has served as his seat as he leaps to his feet. "Accompany you to this meeting, I will. Uncover the mystery together, hmm."
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 98

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Dark Lord wrote:
Juan Echo wrote:"It sounds like you already know one of our colleagues. Urqos Metri was with us when we fought the demon planet that Urqos Icky mentioned. He can vouch for us and our intentions... But it sure sounds like you press-ganged him into your movement. I wouldn't expect a group of devoted freedom fighters, like yourselves, to behave like a group of grubby slavers. Surely, this is just a misunderstanding."
”You have a strange way of asking for help, alien. Metri is the little green fellow, yes? He volunteered to help in our infirmary until such time as he can secure transportation off-world. There are no prisoners here- we don’t have the resources.”


Wait, what? Metri’s here too? How did I miss this? Icky whips his head around looking for his friend. When he finally sees him he gives him a broad smile and a thumbs-up before turning back to the more pressing conversation with the council.

Dark Lord wrote:The man is silent for a moment after Icky finishes speaking, then says ”This… Iktinos is either speaking the truth, or believe he does.” He then frowns. ”I dislike the insulting attitude your group is displaying towards our guest from the Free World Council, but this talk of a demonic invasion concerns me more. Assuming you mean actual demons, out of some old story.” He falls silent again, still frowning but also apparently concentrating. ”Still, if those memories you offer are accurate then I’m willing to stipulate that they may represent a threat to the Seeronian people over the long term.”

At this, Haad snorts. ”We can worry about the long-term later. The Seeronian people need to focus on ending the Tarlok occupation, now. Splitting our focus will only doom the resistance.”

This time, the man turns to Haad and fixes her with a pointed stare. ”Priestess Haad; we of the resistance appreciate all of the help that the Free World Council has offered us, but I will thank you not to lecture me on what my people need. Would that all of our new allies were as willing to open their minds as this ‘Iktinos.’” Haad scowls at this, crosses her arms, and falls silent.


Icky lets a small smirk be his only outward sign of his satisfaction of the priestess being taken down a notch. He nods to the general. “Dat’s understandable, chief. We realize we didn’t exactly start off on da right hoof ‘ere an’ fer me part in all dat I apologize. Whatever issues we got wit’ da mistress o’ martyrdom ‘ere need ta go on da back burner while we focus on da bigger threat. An’ yeah, dose memories are legit -- Center, Cormal, da whole nine meters. I ain’t in da habit o’ openin’ up me mind ta strangers, but dis was important ‘nuff ta warrant it. If ya want ta verify at least some o’ ‘em ya can chat wit’ me chum Boog -- ‘scuse me, Metri -- over dere. We fought together quite a bit; maybe ya saw ‘im in me mind.” I wonder what else he saw in there, he muses. My chat with Dionysus? Our having to work with the Splugorth? Speaking of, maybe even my growing up as a kitchen slave? He almost turns pale. Oh frag, not that week of shore leave on Ryza. Here's hoping those memories were as fuzzy for him as they still are for me.

When the meeting adjourns he happens to notice something clearly not meant for public viewing. As he turns to follow Waldo, Starchief, and the hackers he pulls out a pen and notepad. He looks around as he taps the end of the pen against his head for a moment, as if trying to remember something, but really looking to see if anyone is watching him. When he thinks it’s safe he scribbles down “HAAD SLIPPED KABOOM SOMETHING SMALL ON THE WAY OUT” on one of the pages. While Juan chitchats with Waldo Icky walks up alongside Starchief and nudges him on the arm. “Oi, Meatball, I know it ain’t really da time ta ask but I wonder if ya know where I can get some good local recipes when dis is all over. Or at least gimme some dish names I can write 'em down now an’ chase ‘em down later.” He holds up his notepad where only Starchief can see the scribbled message.

If Starchief plays along he’ll scribble down the names on another page, otherwise he’ll grumble a bit and say “Oi, yer no fun no more…” and shut the book. Either way, once he’s sure Starchief has seen the message he’ll rip out the page, crumple it up, and stick it in a pocket when nobody’s looking.

Dice Rolls
Prowl -– 1d100 = 22/69% (to write/show note on the sly)
Recognize Weapon Quality at +20% -- 1d100 = 57/75% (because DL said to include it and I bought the skill with EP so I could)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 2

Conditions:

Mara smiles as the request for assistance has been granted. Her smile grows as more old teammates of her new companions have shown up. The Fates must be involved here. It is the only explanation as to why three old teammates all converge here on this planet. She monitors the priestess, This woman has problems, can she be as evil as she seems? Sadly we'll probably find out.

She is taking a backseat after she made her offer, but notices when the priestess hands something off to Kaboom. She activates telepathy and sends a message to Starburst, "Sorry for the intrusion Starburst, this is Mara. I am not poking around, just sending you this message and awaiting a response. I just noticed your friend Kaboom get something from that twisted Priestess. As he is your friend, I figured you might be the one that asks him about it." She just listens for a reply only
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:15 am

<Rolls carry>

Before leaving with Starchief, Waldo, and Icky to see the hackers, Juan will turn to Metri and Kaedras. "It is good to see you here Urqos Metri. And quite a coincidence you would follow us to this planet." Turning to the Star Elf he continues, "Is this your traveling companion? I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God, who are you? And how did you arrive here?"

Assuming that Kaedras mentions the same slavers he will describe to Metri*, Juan will nod sympathetically. He then glances over to Mara and tries to remember how she arrived on this planet. Did she mention slavers. No Jonny, she didn't mention anything. And plz, if that one met slavers she might wear their teeth in a fashionably goth bracelet. Joan's psyche had a point. But what coincidence was it that she was going to the Ink and Rose? That was probably the name of every bar she was ever a regular at. Where she might have been conscripted on the spot.

Multiple slavers bringing people to the resistance, the General Haffield mentioning prisoners (or a lack thereof) without provocation, and the priestess. The sum of these things did not look good. Juan realizes that something evil has wormed its way into the Skraypers, the only question is how deep does the corruption run. The priestess no doubt. She's definitely evil. Haffield and Waldo may still be oblivious to what Haad is up to, or they may deep into it. More investigation is necessary. It is then that Juan sends a short text message to anyone that follows Metri to the infirmary.**

* This is going off Kaedras' previous post, but if he adds more, Juan will happily respond.
** This would be the one from Juan's previous post.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 am

(rolls carried over)

Earlier

Juan wrote:"It is good to see you here Urqos Metri. And quite a coincidence you would follow us to this planet. Is this your traveling companion? I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God, who are you? And how did you arrive here?"


Kaedras inclines his head - enough of a nod to be considered a partial bow. "I am... urqos Kaedras of House Idralion. I came to be on Seeron... by mistake, I'm afraid. I took employment with a disreputable captain... he and his crew turned out to be slavers. After a perfunctory rebellion, I found myself here with the resistance. There's more to the story, I'm afraid, but I've edited for brevity. It is my distinct pleasure to meet you, Master Juan."




Later

Metri wrote:"Caution, a wise choice is... Yes! Accompany you to this meeting, I will. Uncover the mystery together, hmm."


"Indeed I am grateful to you again, Master Metri." Kaedras stares into the middle distance for a moment, lost in thought. After a moment of reverie, he returns to himself. "There is an old edda among the works collected by my family, which was a favorite of mine in my childhood. There... is a lot of lost context, but a line which comes to me at this moment goes: 'if enemy he, t'would look fairer and feel fouler/ Yet foul of air and of heart fair be he.' I pray this is the case here, but I will be glad for the assistance you offer, regardless."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:54 pm

<Rolls carry>

Urqos Kaedras wrote:Kaedras inclines his head - enough of a nod to be considered a partial bow. "I am... urqos Kaedras of House Idralion. I came to be on Seeron... by mistake, I'm afraid. I took employment with a disreputable captain... he and his crew turned out to be slavers. After a perfunctory rebellion, I found myself here with the resistance. There's more to the story, I'm afraid, but I've edited for brevity. It is my distinct pleasure to meet you, Master Juan."

Juan nods sympathetically. "It is good to meet you, Urqos Kaedras. Your story sounds interesting. It seems like all the paths to this planet are ominous. I'd like to hear more of it later. And please, I am not your master. This planet does give off the vibe of slaver's market, but I did not accidentally purchase you. (Don't worry, this isn't like Urqos Chattel.) At least I hope not. (He's fine on Yaya! I promise I won't let him die)* You can call just call me Juan, or Jonny if you are not into formalities."

He then glances over to Mara and tries to remember how she arrived on this planet...

* High on the Chirpa Plateau a scrawny she-Wolfen raises her arms in victory as she steps over the unconscious forms of her opponents in the ring. The crowd goes wild, as fans cheer and her detractors throw cups at the cage. Money changes hands, with large sums floating up to the Hostess' personal box. Smart money indeed, she muses. Long sweaty black hair drapes across her brow and tangles around her head, as she knocks back the last of her mead mixed with acid fruit nectar.
"What's the point of having a second main event after a fight like that!" the Hostess exclaims to her attendants.
"T'would me Mistress be needing me services, oh great Hostess?" a raspy voice asks in Trade 4.
"That will not be necessary my beloved Urqos Chattel," the Hostess replies to a feeble and elderly humanoid wearing a long red tunic. Chattel was the only name he would respond to; a mortal trapped in the bonds of slavery that the Wanderer had encountered four or five journeys ago. The God of Travelers had an immediate fondness to the mortal. Typically the Wanderer released all slaves he came upon immediately, but he found that he could not abandon this one. So the Wanderer took him along on his travels eventually leading back to the planet Yaya, where upon Chattel was immediately freed. Nonetheless, Chattel was attached to the Wanderer and his sister as their most devoted attendant. And he waited on them fastidiously for the next 60 years as everyone's favorite attendant. Even other servants and handmaids would dote on him, tussling his wispy blonde to white hair, or rubbing his large freckled brow for good luck. While he did speak the Yayamama language fluently, he still spoke a heavily accented Trade 4 that the Wanderer compared to the finest poetry on the planet Yaya (which it was, if only because the poetry on the planet Yaya was generally agreed to be toneless and terrible).
"If it would please me Mistress,", the old man continues "I may still fight for Her pleasure."
"That is very brave of you. (Absolutely not, sister.) I can see why my brother valued you in the field of combat (I literally have had to throw myself in front of him over a dozen times to keep him from dying in battle. His red tunic makes him an easy target) But I do not want to see you risk your life for my amusement."
The Hostess strokes the mortal's cheek, and he flashes a brilliant white smile; for Chattel's self-worth was measured by the quality of his teeth. He took pride in them, brushing and flossing them with a meticulousness unseen by anyone else in the star system. To be granted a full smile was as if to receive the Gods' blessing (And you didn't see the way he smiled when I told him he was coming home with me; that was just the most precious thing ever); the other attendants all beamed at one another. The hostess had made good on her promise that the evening would be a celebration of the Wanderer's legacy, if he was truly dead, which the Hostess would not let anyone say lest she kick them between the nether regions; every Urqos on the Chirpa plateau felt a little divine in their own way. Glory was to be parsed among all present tonight, not radiated from on high.
"Urqos Swoo, would you be so generous as provide one more cup for us?" A Wolfen handmaiden procures a second cup and fills the two up with more nectar infused mead and hands the two cups to the Goddess. She hands one to the old man and then clinks hers against his. "Come and sit next to me and I will describe to you the final fight as it happens."
"'Tis a fine idea, me Mistress. Me peepers t'ain't been working so good these past decades as is." The Hostess slides next to her favorite on a large plush bench as the next fighters entered the cage. She describes the combatants and how they thumped their chests, one by one, for the old man as the other servants pour themselves drinks and crowd around them, settling in for a little more entertainment this evening.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 33
OOC Comments
PPE: 47/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B


Sorrenson watches the meeting unfold. When General Haffield mentions that the demons invasion may or may not be an actual thing he pipes up. "Demons are real. I've got a truck load of raw camera footage from the fight on center if you want to see for yourself."

Once the meeting is over he greets Metri warmly. "Hey man, good to see ya again! Nice to see you made it though... all that stuff." In the pause before and after 'all that stuff' Sorrrenson's mind drift back to images of the invasion that he'd rather not recall. He smiles at the new Elf guy. "Hiya, I'm Sorrenson." When it becomes clear that some of the team will go and help Starchief and others will go to the infirmary Sorrenson decides to go with them. I don't know how much help I'd be in hacking here... I honestly don't even know what I'd supposed to be looking for. He dismounts, locks up the Drudge and heads over to the infirmary. He wonders around obviously hunting for info or anything like that, he just asks the injured if there is anything he can do for them.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:39 am

(rolls carried over)

Earlier

Juan wrote:"It is good to meet you, Urqos Kaedras. Your story sounds interesting. It seems like all the paths to this planet are ominous. I'd like to hear more of it later. And please, I am not your master. This planet does give off the vibe of slaver's market, but I did not accidentally purchase you."


Kaedras smiles briefly - a gesture that could be missed if you weren't looking for it, but nonetheless genuinely felt. "Apologies. In my culture it is a sign of respect, nothing more."

Juan wrote:"You can call just call me Juan, or Jonny if you are not into formalities."


"As you wish."

Sorrenson wrote:"Hiya, I'm Sorrenson."


The tall elf shakes the ratanoid's hand. "Pleased to meet you Master Sorrenson. I am Kaedras of House Idralion."

If he spots Sorrenson attempting to make himself useful in the infirmary, he will gently touch the ratanoid's shoulder and gesture to a door. "Through there is a makeshift kitchen - you could grab a pitcher of water and some cups and ask the patients if they are thirsty." He glances around quickly at the patients.

First Aid 65% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

If he spots any patients in immediate need, he will call for a Medic.

When he is done, he retreats into the office with Metri.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:26 am

As the meeting ends, Juan also offers to have his mind read by Haffield, the general pauses then shakes his head; lip curling in distaste he says ”That won’t be necessary.” At Sorrenson’s offer of video footage confirming the demon invasion, Haffield raises his hand to forestall further discussion. ”It’s not central to the problem at hand, and at this point I’m willing to take your word for it. That will be all.” With your dismissal, you reconvene outside the meeting room- in the process, Metri reveals himself to the rest of you, and introduces his new elven friend by the name of Kaedras. Along the way, Icky passes a note (and Mara a telepathic message) informing Starchief that they saw Haad slip something to Kaboom as they were exiting. Juan, meanwhile, sidles up to Waldo.
Juan Echo wrote:"It is very kind of you to share your resources with us. I can see where Urqos Starchief gets his good heart from..." he gives the elder stateswoman of the Skraypers a wry gain, "and I also assume his fighting spirit. Leading a resistance movement is a mighty burden to bear for any mortal. I wonder how you managed to keep it going for so long? Where do you get the resources? How do you protect your Urqos from capture, and keep the deceased's' families?"
The kindly-looking matron smiles up at Juan. ”Andra was a man of principle even before he underwent the super-soldier process. Much as I’d like to claim credit for him, as Starchief he has been more successful than any of us could have hoped back then. That comes from him, and him along.”

”As for the resistance, I’m surprised Andra hasn’t told you about it. We of Seeron got lucky, after a fashion. The Tarlok have been working for years to subjugate the entire system, including our neighbors on Talavera. We made contact shortly before the invasion, and as a result our people alone of all those in the system had some early warning about what to expect. Including the Tarlok fondness for bio-weapons.”

”Exposure to those weapons is what causes so much mutation among our people now. When it came time for Seeron’s turn to fall under the shadow of the Tarlok, we were still overwhelmed. But our government anticipated such, and furthermore projected that as these mutations became more prevalent among the populace so too would our ability to resist the occupiers. So, they went underground to try and wait the Tarlok out. What you see here” she gestures around the structure ”is in a very real sense all that’s left of an independent Seeron. The resources are never enough, of course, but we didn’t exactly have to start off scrounging for supplies either.” She blinks and looks up at Juan again. ”You seem a nice young man, if a bit odd. What’s your name, and where are you from? Haven’t met too many aliens, myself. Well, besides the Bhlaze, but even then only one or two.”

Kaedras, meanwhile, has his own little mystery to ponder. A telepathic message, not exactly pleasant, but offering what may be an important clue. The elf decides to take Metri into his confidence, whereupon the Yhabbayar suggests the infirmary as an appropriate venue for the conversation. After the elf has been introduced to everyone, the rest of the team decides how to sort itself out- Starchief, Oradro, Icky, Juan, and Mara proceed to the resistance’s hacker team to look for clues on their adversaries. Kaedras, Metri, and Sorrenson head to the infirmary to discuss whatever it is that is agitating the elf so (and possibly act on Juan’s suggestion that they look for less-than-enthusiastic ‘volunteers’).

Heading down to the infirmary, Metri takes Kaedras into his office. Sorrenson, happy to slip out of his powered armor for the first time in hours, exits with a sigh of relief and joins them. It is then that Kaedras reveals his message, along with his potential misgivings as to its source. Metri swiftly agrees to accompany Kaedras to the meeting in the elf’s quarters, with Sorrenson trundling along behind him. Upon entering, the lights are off (not unusual) but both Kaedras and Metri feel a sense of foreboding. One that swiftly coalesces into dread much like the ethereal figure coalesces before them:
Image

A successful Demon/Monster Lore roll will identify the being as a Deevil Wraith, but such knowledge isn’t necessary for either of you to determine that this fellow is Not Nice. It reeks of supernatural evil, and Metri clearly senses that it is a destroyer of life. Initially, it seems unconcerned that Kaedras did not come alone- until it gets a better look at Metri and draws back with a hiss. Turning a baleful gaze back to Kaedras it somehow speaks to each of you in your native tongues (Sorrenson as well if he listens in).

”Demonsss ssseek to infiltrate the Free World Counsssil. Your priesstesssss friend works for them. I alsssso sssensse that ssshe hasss great powersss- but normally ssshe takess painss to keep them hidden. They have learned much of ssubtlety from usss. We do not know why ssshe isss here, but ssshe meets with many of the warriors here privately. Without the knowledge of their leadersss. Ssshe ssseeksss to convert them- but not to demon worssship for sssome reassson. We do not know their aim- but if you could disscover it and report it to usss, we are prepared to reward you.”

”The mortalsss have a sssaying- ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend.’ Perhapssss we can help each other then, yesss?”

In response to the inevitable question of, ‘How do you know Haad works for the demons’, the wraith merely replies ”Ssshe and the other Atoriansss ssseek information they ssshould not know. In placesss they ssshould not be. Our placesss. Only demonsss would ssseek usss ssso.”

The wraith will linger for a few moments, but it isn’t all that inclined to answer your follow-up questions. It seems a little intimidated by Metri, and backs as far away from Sorrenson as it can if the techno-wizard makes an appearance. Once it gets impatient or frustrated, it will simply fly through the wall and vanish- as unceremoniously as it contacted Kaedras to begin with.

The encounter was unexpected, to say the least- a deevil of all things on Seeron. Apparently, the minion war is far from over and either Haad or these deevils are about to drag Seeron into the middle of it. Assuming, of course, the thing can be trusted- which it almost certainly can’t. Metri ponders the situation, but decides he doesn’t have enough information to draw any definitive conclusions. Certainly, the FWC and the Seeronian resistance are kindred spirits, but even with their recent successes in defending the Axis system the FWC isn’t nearly well-equipped enough to be capable of sending manpower and materiel to the Charizolon system. Which begs the question, what else could they be providing that would afford Haad such a high-ranking position within the resistance?

Meanwhile, Waldo takes Starchief and the others to a sub-basement where, true to form, the resistance’s computer experts have made their lair. They are a curious bunch- most tend to use super abilities to access Seeron’s computer network. As a result the standard accoutrements for a hacking collective are largely missing- the odd miniature computer but few display units or control interfaces. All of that is done biologically.

One of the ‘tech guys’ is waiting, fidgeting slightly in his seat when you enter. Upon seeing Waldo he springs to attention, and salutes nervously. Waldo waves him down, and turns to Starchief. ”You didn’t exactly give us a lot to go on, but I had them start a basic database search of any unusual activity in the last few months. Interface, what did you find?”

The waiting tech guy clears his throat and begins speaking in the rapid, clipped tone of someone who isn’t used to being the center of attention and is more than a little nervous about it. He pulls out a primitive, handheld computer and taps a few time to call up a holographic display. ”Not much, but given that our friends are from off-world I suppose this could be of interest.” The display switches to feature images of advanced energy weapons- Icky recognizes them immediately as being standard Kreeghor issue. ”The report that’s attached says that a Tarlok team raided a Scythe safehouse and seized a small cache of weapons of unknown manufacture. Might be worth talking to them about it.”

Waldo frowns. ”That’s it?”

Interface shrugs. ”Well… we did come across a recent white paper. Some Shertar wrote a memo warning that bio-freaks had been disappearing from Rylor at a higher-than-normal rate lately. But I dunno how reliable it is- most of them are homeless and hard to track. The Shertar is worried that they’re being recruited for the resistance, but unless we’ve had a surge in enlistment that I don’t know about it seems to me like they’re just being paranoid. You know how those people are.”

Waldo’s frown is now less one of puzzlement and more one of disapproval, even anger. Those people are our people. Still…” Turning to Starchief and addressing you all, she adds ”I do a little outreach for some of Rylor’s less-fortunate neighborhoods. I’ve noticed a few of the regulars are missing as well- all bio-freaks. I can’t imagine what these people you’re after would want with them though.” Turning back to Interface, Waldo asks ”Did the Tarlok do anything to narrow down where these disappearances are happening?”

”The Shertar suggested starting a search in Eastwarren, ground level.”

Waldo nods. ”Scythe has a safehouse there. Well Andra, it’s not much but it might be worth checking out. I think I remember the address.” Interface produces a ragged pad of paper, upon which Waldo jots a few notes then hands the sheet to Starchief.

Those of you remaining have the opportunity to ask Interface any follow-up questions you might have, and there’s even one fully set-up terminal in the corner if anyone wants to try hacking the Tarlok database the old-fashioned way. Otherwise, Waldo thanks Interface for his efforts and ushers you back to the main hall.

Some 15 minutes or so after your various tasks are completed, you finish any exploration you want to do and reconvene. The infirmary is mostly empty, save for one fellow who twisted his ankle fleeing the attack on the Ink, and Juan is eventually able to satisfy himself that nobody is being held against their will, and that there is no secret stash of alien slave-warriors on the premises. Just as you’re starting to get impatient, Kaboom shows up and waves you down one hallway.

You proceed much like you arrived- underground, traveling via tunnels that Kaboom himself creates in the rock. Some 10 minutes after leading the Skrayper compound, you emerge in what looks to be a converted warehouse. Most of the space is open and empty (save for a not-so-healthy layer of dust), but one corner has been cordoned off and bunkbeds set up. Much to the pleasant surprise of most of you, the beds are much more generously apportioned than the standard human size- one of the perks of sharing the planet with bio-freaks.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:52 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 74
JiC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 18

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

After a happy reunion with Metri and his new companion Kaedras, Juan Echo strikes a conversation with Waldo. Of all the members of the Skraypers she seems the most trustworthy, and the Wanderer is keen to find out more about her and the organization she leads.

Urqos Waldo wrote:"As for the resistance, I’m surprised Andra hasn’t told you about it."

"I only just joined this team when Urqos Starchief was leading the battle against a demonic horde," Juan replies. "Since then there hasn't been much time for him to tell us about this planet beyond the mission briefing."

Juan listens to Waldo describe the situation on Seeron, paying close attention to how she tells the story. What she says isn't much different than what Starchief had said before they left Phase World, but her version is more lived-in as it were. She is always fighting; and maybe that led her to make compromises and work with the Priestess, or turn a blind eye to whatever is going on.

Urqos Waldo wrote:"You seem a nice young man, if a bit odd. What’s your name, and where are you from? Haven’t met too many aliens, myself. Well, besides the Bhlaze, but even then only one or two.

Juan laughs gently (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 96 Fail), "I am not a young man at all. My name is Juan Echo, and I am the Wandering God of the Yayamama Pantheon. I have spent the better part of a millennium traveling the Three Galaxies, seeing many alien worlds. In my adventures I have fought alongside freedom fighters like your Skraypers, and it is my pleasure to ally with your group for the time being." He then goes on to tell Waldo about several of the more unsavory times he helped resistance groups liberate their home planets, some of which sound more like criminal enterprises, and one that involved 'terraforming' a planet by wiping out a highly intelligent species of arachnids that devastated an entire ecosystem*. Thankfully he didn't mention Mahogg 1E.

With the hackers, Juan listens carefully to the information given. He will ask if Scythe is a group of alien smugglers; if smuggling is involved in any way, he will ask what goods they trade in. Perhaps their cover story of traders may be of use still.

Walking out of the hackers room, Juan heads down to the infirmary and checks to see if Haffield was telling the truth about not keeping prisoners. After spotting Kaedras tend to the one injured mortal there, he wanders the hallways of the compound aimlessly for a few minutes. His watchful eyes do not see anything suspicious, well suspicious for a rebel base on a conquered planet. And yet you're still paranoid, Jonny. Eventually Juan reconvenes with the others and they move out.

When Kaboom leads them to their new base Juan throws his helmet on one of the top bunks and gently sits on the bed. His feet just scrape the floor as he hunches over and looks at the rest of the team. There is much they need to talk about, but glancing up, he sees Kaboom standing idle. He glares at the former sidekick, and then says to those out of Kaboom's earshot, "Perhaps we should sleep in shifts. We can plan our next move in the morning when we are sure the room is secure."

Juan will take the first shift, and spends the time fiddling with his grenade launcher while watching Kaboom until he either leaves or someone else wakes up and lets Juan sleep.

*Would you like to know more?
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 51

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 43

Kaedras is repulsed by the creature manifesting in his chamber, but listens to its entreaty as diplomatically as possible. He draws no weapon nor makes any aggressive movement.

hellspawn wrote:"Demonsss ssseek to infiltrate the Free World Counsssil. Your priesstesssss friend works for them. I alsssso sssensse that ssshe hasss great powersss- but normally ssshe takess painss to keep them hidden. They have learned much of ssubtlety from usss. We do not know why ssshe isss here, but ssshe meets with many of the warriors here privately. Without the knowledge of their leadersss. Ssshe ssseeksss to convert them- but not to demon worssship for sssome reassson. We do not know their aim- but if you could disscover it and report it to usss, we are prepared to reward you.”

”The mortalsss have a sssaying- ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend.’ Perhapssss we can help each other then, yesss?”


I do not work for filth.

"What proof have you of your claim?"

hell-spawn wrote:”Ssshe and the other Atoriansss ssseek information they ssshould not know. In placesss they ssshould not be. Our placesss. Only demonsss would ssseek usss ssso.”


Lore: Galactic Aliens 30% 1d100 = 15 (what do I know of these 'Atorians'? - SUCCESS)

As the deevil wraith dissipates through the wall, Kaedras turns to Metri and Sorrenson, a numb look on his face. "I think I need to disinfect everything." A thought crosses his mind that turns his upper lip in a sneer of disgust. How long has that thing been watching me?

"We should speak... but not here. This place is no longer safe." Looking anew at the Yhabbayar and the Ratanoid, he adds, "Thank you for accompanying me. That would have been... unpleasant to face alone, and... also hard to explain."

Kaedras gathers his few belongings, and opens the door. He whistles - a short, sharp tone - and waits. Presently, a wolf - though apparently a mechanical one - trots up. Kaedras kneels. He skritches it under the jaw as it looks at the two aliens accompanying his master. "Hello Aldón. These are friends. We are moving to a new place. Come."

He stands and faces Metri and Sorrenson. "This is Aldón - my earnest companion, and a gift from my betrothed. He can understand us, and is unfailingly loyal to me. If... not perfectly obedient." Kaedras smirks. "We shall follow where you lead."

The mechanical animal waits in place until all are ready to leave, and then follows the group at a short distance.

Back at the infirmary, Kaedras waits patiently as the rest of the group enter, and joins them as they trek to another location. When he sees it is a safehouse of sorts, he says "This is indeed fortuitous." He places his belongings on an unclaimed bunk.

Juan wrote:"Perhaps we should sleep in shifts. We can plan our next move in the morning when we are sure the room is secure."


Kaedras nods. "A shrewd idea. Aldón," he gestures to his mechanical wolf companion, "Protects me while I sleep, and needs no rest. He will be our companion as we take watches."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75 /34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 78
OOC Comments
PPE: 47/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

After helping out with the injured, Sorrenson follows along to the meeting with the 'voice' in Kaedras' head. For some reason he isn't surprised, or even terribly put out, to see some kind of demonic-wraith-thing. Well, I guess surviving a demonic invasion hardens the sensibilities. What is this thing? Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 71 / 46% -fail

He notes that it seems scared of him in particular for some reason. "Oi, wraith-thing why are you so scared of me?" He asks, but expects he won't get an answer. I wonder if I smell like Cormal or Uncle Hathy? He holds up the back of his hand and gives it a good double sniff. Nope, I smell okay. I think. When the wraith-thing leaves Sorrenson says to the others, "Well that'll explain why she talks like a nut-bar fanatic. It makes sense to to incite people to mindless violence if you're a demon in disguise or on the same team." He pauses and shakes his head. "Bloody demons... They're freaking everywhere these days. I wish they'd just bugger off back to whichever hell they come from."

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"This is Aldón - my earnest companion, and a gift from my betrothed."

Sorrenson looks over the wolf. Cool, a mechanical wolf! I wonder how it works... Sorrenson look over at Kaedras, thinking about something. "Betrothed? That's like engaged or something yeah? Damn, must suck to be away from them." He asks with zero tact.

Juan Echo wrote:"Perhaps we should sleep in shifts. We can plan our next move in the morning when we are sure the room is secure."

Sorrenson raises his eyebrows in mild surprise. "Juan, that is possibly the most sensible thing I've ever heard you say. I'm impressed... and a little surprised." he says with humor in his voice. "Righto then. I need sleep. wake me up when it's my watch. I'll set the drones on sentry mode as well." He asks the Amulet to do so, but to keep the drones on passive mode, and low to the ground, just in case the Tarlok pick them up again. He then heads to a bunk and goes to sleep.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 31

Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 78/70%

At the conclusion of the council meeting, Starchief thinks to himself We did it. We got the backing of the council. Priestess Haad was none too pleased about it.

Oradro wrote:When the issue of going to see these hackers came up, he'd speak up, to Starchief. "If you tell me more of who these individuals are, perhaps I can be of some assistance in working out what to look for." he'd offer up. "Though I'm uncertain I can be of aid in that matter, I'll certainly lend what ever aid I can for the task. Among other things of course. Just, consider me at your disposal for the time being. The Forge sent me here for a reason after all, and it wasn't just to try to locate Sir Zem by the sounds of it. These are serious and desperate times after all...."


He really doesn't remember anything, does he? ”Sir Oradro. I didn't get a solid chance to thank you for your timely assistance and to tell you how happy I and the rest of the team are to have you back. You don't seem to remember much of us. And that's OK. We can work on that. You sacrificed yourself so that the universe could have a fighting chance. And for that, you will always have my undying respect. On to the mission at hand. Our targets are a team of elite, deadly mercenaries at our level of capability, skill and power. One very large metal bruiser, one woman in armor who can steal powers, an electrical being, and a very nimble man who wore all black who was one of the best fighters I've ever seen. There was also a demon of some sort, but you ended her life. Lur... Lure... Lurana! We won the day against them previously, but barely. They work for a race called the Kreeghor. We have intel that they have come to this, my home planet, for as of yet unknown reasons.”

Chef Icky wrote:When the meeting adjourns he happens to notice something clearly not meant for public viewing. As he turns to follow Waldo, Starchief, and the hackers he pulls out a pen and notepad. He looks around as he taps the end of the pen against his head for a moment, as if trying to remember something, but really looking to see if anyone is watching him. When he thinks it’s safe he scribbles down “HAAD SLIPPED KABOOM SOMETHING SMALL ON THE WAY OUT” on one of the pages. While Juan chitchats with Waldo Icky walks up alongside Starchief and nudges him on the arm. “Oi, Meatball, I know it ain’t really da time ta ask but I wonder if ya know where I can get some good local recipes when dis is all over. Or at least gimme some dish names I can write 'em down now an’ chase ‘em down later.” He holds up his notepad where only Starchief can see the scribbled message.

If Starchief plays along he’ll scribble down the names on another page, otherwise he’ll grumble a bit and say “Oi, yer no fun no more…” and shut the book. Either way, once he’s sure Starchief has seen the message he’ll rip out the page, crumple it up, and stick it in a pocket when nobody’s looking.


Huh... I wonder if... no. He's my friend. There's no way. ”Well, I'm a Rylor city boy but for my money, the Frisetian Condor Stew is the delicacy of the world! But don't tell any of these other city dwellers or they'll send me back to the country where that dish belongs.”

Mara wrote:She is taking a backseat after she made her offer, but notices when the priestess hands something off to Kaboom. She activates telepathy and sends a message to Starburst, "Sorry for the intrusion Starburst, this is Mara. I am not poking around, just sending you this message and awaiting a response. I just noticed your friend Kaboom get something from that twisted Priestess. As he is your friend, I figured you might be the one that asks him about it." She just listens for a reply only

That's two of you who have told me this... what could she have given him? He's my friend! He wouldn't be in league with her. Besides, the council told him to be our liaison. Damnit. The two of you are right. I need to question him about it. Thank you Mara. And thank you again for your swift contribution to this crew. Glad to have you aboard. Heh, Starburst. I got so used to Meatball.


At the hacker's lair, Starchief listens to the intel that Interface has gathered for them. Damn. Thought I could steer clear of the Burning Scythe this time. Starchief thinks back to the time that he thought he had the Scythe cornered. Three Eyes Klynt froze his legs in place and the Burning Scythe blasted him out of the 10th story window. Starchief comes to and takes the piece of paper from Waldo. ”These are both exactly what we're looking for.” Turning to Interface, he reaches his hand out for a shake and says ”Thank you, son. You've helped your people more than you could know. All of them.”

As they are lead out of the compound and into the warehouse, Starchief makes sure to walk with Kaboom. ”So, old friend. What do you make of this whole situation? Looks like our targets are snatching our bio-brothers off of the streets for who knows what purpose.”

When it's time for rest, Starchief smiles at the forward thinking of the team and finds his corner to set up in.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:20 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 98 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 7| 1d100 = 93%
-----------------------------------
===========
Earlier
===========
Sorrenson wrote:"Hey man, good to see ya again! Nice to see you made it though... all that stuff."

"Hmm," Metri hums in agreement with an empathetic vibe, "Very glad I would be if left behind us the darkness was..." The Yhabbayar stops there, not completing his thought verbally. As if speaking of how they still seem to be waist-deep in trouble would somehow make their position even more precarious.

"Come," Metri says with an upbeat tone. "Found I have, a sweet nectar-like drink. Local specialty. Ask not its contents, hmm?" With a chuckle, they head to the infirmary together where the Yhabbayar will offer up a thick purple-green concoction produced from a small refrigeration unit that doubles as a table.

===========
Deevil Wraith Meeting
===========
((Lore: Demon/Monster. 1d100 = 95 | 75% <== recognize Deevil wraith))

Metri's eyes narrow in suspicion when the ephemeral evil takes form in Kaedras' room. Unconsciously, the Yhabbayar's body shifts uncomfortably and tenses on a battle-ready edge.

Dark Lord wrote:Initially, it seems unconcerned that Kaedras did not come alone- until it gets a better look at Metri and draws back with a hiss.


It's me. Skorl volunteers immediately. Think I recognize that Deevil bastard. Remember when we busted up a demon/deevil brawl next to that makeshift refugee station in the lower levels? You tossed me into the fray and told me to do whatever I needed to while you rescued some innocents caught in the crossfire. Well, I saw ITS ugly ghost-mug and immediately took a few swipes at its face... to no effect. So I proceeded to pummel the wolf-fella next to him. Ashed him with a few lucky hits. That gave you enough cover to get those people to safety, so I withdrew. But I think my presence turned the tide of that battle. Without its lieutenant, the demons won that skirmish. The tone of the runic hammer rings of certainty. Maybe... but I wouldn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions. Metri thinks in reply. Whatever. I was just being helpful. Skorl quips in reply and falls uncharacteristically silent.

Metri would sigh in exasperation if not for standing audience before the Deevil. Despite his misgivings to the clearly evil being, he has the sense to hold his distaste and hear out the wraith.

Dark Lord wrote:”Demonsss ssseek to infiltrate the Free World Counsssil. Your priesstesssss friend works for them. I alsssso sssensse that ssshe hasss great powersss- but normally ssshe takess painss to keep them hidden. They have learned much of ssubtlety from usss. We do not know why ssshe isss here, but ssshe meets with many of the warriors here privately. Without the knowledge of their leadersss. Ssshe ssseeksss to convert them- but not to demon worssship for sssome reassson. We do not know their aim- but if you could disscover it and report it to usss, we are prepared to reward you.”

”The mortalsss have a sssaying- ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend.’ Perhapssss we can help each other then, yesss?”


((Intelligence. 1d100 = 69 | 64% <== Interpret the information the Deevil provided and its implications))

According to this Deevil, Priestess Haad is privately converting warriors to her cause. And her cause somehow involves Demonic desire to infiltrate the Free World Council, but does not include demon worship. It is possible that whatever is happening here extends beyond simply the conflict between demon and deevil forces. If Haad has another agenda, she could be leveraging her position with the demons simply to gain an edge somehow. Finding out exactly what that agenda is may prove challenging.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"We should speak... but not here. This place is no longer safe." Looking anew at the Yhabbayar and the Ratanoid, he adds, "Thank you for accompanying me. That would have been... unpleasant to face alone, and... also hard to explain."


"Tell the others of this visit, we must," Metri suggests once they are safely away, "Worthwhile, unraveling this tangled web of deceit is. Connected, everything may be. Hmm." If/When given the opportunity, Metri will allow Kaedras to share what they learned, but if the star elf is hesitant, the Yhabbayar will relay the message himself.

===========
Later
===========
I'm sorry for being short with you, Skorl. It is not that I doubt what you say, clearly that Deevil recognized me/us, but simply that I am uncomfortable with how little we know about our situation. Intrigue is everywhere and I fear we do not have enough time to tug gently on the threads to figure it all out. Metri explains in his mind.

Naw, it's not just you. All I wanted to do during that meeting was crack that deevil like a nut. But I knew that we had to stay our hand. Can't say that I like working to somehow advance an evil agenda. Never liked choosing the 'lesser of two evils'.

I am in agreement. When faced with a choice between two evils, I always try to seek another option.

Realizing the importance of understanding Priestess Haad's agenda, and wondering how interconnected the web of deception may be, Metri will reflect upon the meeting with Total Recall. He will replay the discussion in his mind's eye and try to pay attention to how Priestess Haad responded to the declaration of the Adventurers' stated goal of locating the team hunting them.

((Performance. 1d100 = 92 | 85% <== Look for cracks in an actor's character performance. Were there any microexpressions that suggest familiarity with the enemy team mentioned.))
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 33

Conditions:

Starchief wrote: That's two of you who have told me this... what could she have given him? He's my friend! He wouldn't be in league with her. Besides, the council told him to be our liaison. Damnit. The two of you are right. I need to question him about it. Thank you Mara. And thank you again for your swift contribution to this crew. Glad to have you aboard. Heh, Starburst. I got so used to Meatball.


Mara gives him a sympathetic look, "Yes it is unpleasant to question and doubt one's friends, but you have been gone for awhile. Things do change. Oh, It is my pleasure. You have a very capable team here, I'm just glad I can add to it." She starts to think about her slain old teammates, but quickly shakes it off, Will be time for mourning later. She then smiles at him, "No, no you don't look like a meatball, definitely more of a Starburst."

When they are with the hackers, Mara asks, "Do you have access to your oldest legends? Like your origin stories on this world? Might be useful convincing my superiors if I can bring back of few book on that kind of subject. And maybe a medical book breaking down your seeronian DNA before the mutations started? That would also be helpful. Maybe have them all downloaded on something small and portable. Thanks in advance if you can."

As they are traveling Mara looks over the Cosmo Knight. So it sounds like he is a new knight. The enemies may use that to end one of these knights before it can grow in power. Mara looks over his rippling muscles, Something tells me this being is a bit more powerful than the average new Knight. Well, only time will tell.

When they make it to their safehouse, "Well are we resting up then heading out?" If so, Mara will volunteer for the early morning watch and get some sleep now. If not, she awaits orders.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d100 = 5 1d20 = 10

Lore: Galactic Aliens 53% 1d100 = 62
Lore: Lore: D-Bee 43% 1d100 = 66

Oradro would get a thoughtful look as he listened to Starchief. His memory was... hazy. The details given would help at least jog a few memories but others were just... vague or simply perhaps missing. Some of it may come back to him with time, but, none the less, he had trouble recalling the specifics. "Sounds like Khreegor Invincible Guardsmen." he'd murmur. Oradro thought about it some more as he listed off other things he could think of "They tend to have a wide range of super powers given they are artificially created or enhanced through... well, what ever means they use. I suspect it's quite the mix of methods, potentially selected based upon the individual candidate. Or simply the result of pure experimentation at times." The big Seljuk frowned, rubbing at his chin "The other could be guard or... perhaps one of the Oni?" he'd get a thoughtful look "They have some sort of Ninja forces. Supposed to be quite formidable warriors." He would fall silent once more as he tried to think of what other things that might come into play. "Weapons of unknown manufacture are also likely to be off world, or perhaps custom built but.. doubtful. They'd at least likely recognize the technology base if that were the case." Oradro would offer up "Either way, it sounds like a solid lead or at least a place to start." he'd say, turning to look to Starchief. "It's your call, but I'd advise at least looking into it." Either way, sounds like we have our work cut out for ourselves. Invincible Guard are... tough, or so I've been lead to believe... or remember?
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:07 am

<Rolls carry>
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"A shrewd idea. Aldón," he gestures to his mechanical wolf companion, "Protects me while I sleep, and needs no rest. He will be our companion as we take watches."

Juan perks up at the site of the wolf. "Cub! He scratches its chin gently and smiles. If not the softest wolf that Juan has ever met (Because my dumbass brother still can't tell a robot from an animal!), it seems like an intelligent and obedient sentry. The Star Elf called it by some name, a mortal affection that amuses the Wandering God.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Juan, that is possibly the most sensible thing I've ever heard you say. I'm impressed... and a little surprised. Righto then. I need sleep. wake me up when it's my watch. I'll set the drones on sentry mode as well."

"I have many ideas, Urqos Sorrenson," Juan replies in a low whisper, "they are just beyond the fathoming of the mortal mind; such as we should take guard in pairs. Despite Urqos Waldo's word, I do not think we are fully welcome with the Skryapers. And even if we can trust them, we should be careful of the Tarlok kicking down more doors.

"By the way, you should order your birds (Drones, Jonny, drones.) to find a perch to rest on rather than swarming around our base. We do not want them giving away our location like at the Ink and Rose. Urqos Metri, will you take first watch with me?"

If Metri does agree to take first watch, Juan will leave him to his meditations while he plays with Aldion, dangling his Magical Club in front of the mechanical wolf like a bone. At the same time he keeps a watchful eye on Kaboom. uan suspects that Kaboom would not honor guest rights, (And Waldo giving us this base for the time counts, I guess), or any code of honor, for that matter, if it served his cause.
If Kaboom leaves the safe house
When alone, Juan looks at the mystic and says, "Urqos Metri, we must talk about what you missed..." Juan will quietly tell him about their mission, of which he says, "Urqos Icky and the Chief say you have fought them before." About Aoife joining them as their comms specialist, about the terrorist blast at the docking station, about fighting the belangial and Mara joining the group. Finally, Juan tells Metri about the Ink and Rose, Priestess Haad, "She seems like a fraud. Why would a prophet need a priestess? And she's a nasty piece of work too...", and then the attack, "... I know you were close with Urqos Solaris, but we lost her and Urqos Aoife when the bar was attacked by Tarlok. We do not know if they are living or dead, which is less optimistic than it sounds. And with what Urqos Waldo said of the disappearances that worries me more.

"I personally think the whole thing was a set up, and that the Tarlok were primed to attack the bar, Urqos Sorrenson's birds or not." With weary eyes that dim to an almost gray, Juan looks up at Metri and continues, "This priestess does not strike me as trustworthy, and I suspect that she is corrupting the Skraypers if she hasn't done so already. We are deep in enemy territory."
Hell dimensions, he suspects nearly everyone in the Skryapers at this point. He barely even trusts the voice of his sister providing him council. Then again, would you trust this: Jonny, you must kill your companions... driiiiink theeeeeeir bloooood... traaaaaain the luuuuuuuurduuuuuuk's tooooo siiiiiing and take them on tooooooour..." Tired, when his shift is up, Juan will kick the bottom of Sorrenson's bunk to wake the techno-wizard and then jump on top of his own bed to fall asleep and dream of his sister at home high on the Chirpa plateau*.

* The Hostess tucks the last of her handmaidens in bed, as is her habit when her brother is roaming the stars. She may does not know where he is, or if he's someplace safe, but their worshipers are at least.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 am

It will be 8am by the end of the post, 13 hours will pass for the recovery of ISP/PPE/Healing. The various conversation happen.

Juan

Waldo listens to Juan's stories, asking questions of her own. It only takes a few minutes for Juan to realize that though the woman in front of him is old, she still has a keen mind. Her questions are subtly incise, one of the most pleasant interrogations that Juan has ever been subject to. Her interest in him seems genuine, laughing at the funny parts, and reaching out to touch him on the arm a few times, and once on his thigh.

One of the techs explains that the Burning Scythe were a criminal organization prior to the invasion, and that it's name after it's leader. A successful perception check can tell that the different techs run the gamut of emotion regarding the organizations current status as to whether they are part of the good guys or bad guys now. "Scythe is unstoppable!" says one of the hackers. "My grandfather was with him on Texlor. Scythe stood up to the Tarlok and was responsible for the destruction of a Fleet Command ship. What a victory that day was. That was at the beginning of the occupation decades ago. He stills in charge and sticking it in the eye of those Tarlok bastards every chance he gets."

Waldo for her part shakes her head gently and adds, "He does want to liberate Seeron, but he wants to rule it himself, not necessarily restore the government we had before. He has the money, resources, and connections, as such we work with his organization in undermining the Tarlok's operations here. His organization runs the black market here in the eastern quarter. As to your question, Juan, they smuggle everything: food, medicine, weapons, and people, you name it they will move it for the right price."

Mara

When Mara asks legends and the techs frown, one of the them says, "We can set up a search request, but most civilian networks are fragmented, it will take a while." He is able to pull up a set of basic medical text books on Seeronian, Seerman, and Talus biology and puts them on a Seeronian flash drive. "These editions were made over 50 years ago, just before the Tarlok arrived," he shrugs his shoulders as he looks around the room with a bit of disgust, "All our technology is basically from before the invasion, barring what we steal from the factories that the Tarlok have kept running."

OOC Comments
I am not sure if DL will just hand wave that the written language used by Seeron is the same as Trade 4 or not.



StarChief

Andra can see that Kaboom is still not that happy with him as they walk towards the safe house, but he doesn't pull away when he walks beside him. He spits when StarChief asks about their brethren. "I don't know who is snatching them. It could be just a Tarlok trick to pull some of us Skaypers out in the open to do some heroic crap that is going to expose us. We've lost a lot of good people that way while you've been...gone." He rubs his bald head and sighs, "Maybe it's these guys you are tracking, but for what? Some bio-freaks are truly fearsome, but most just need our compassion. They drew the short straw."


Kaedras, Metri, and Sorrenson

The trio still disturbed by their encounter with the deevil, finally make their way to the sub-basement safe house a few hours after everyone else. They find Juan and Oradro still awake. A sullen Kaboom sits on a rickety chair stacked on a large wooden box near a blacked out window close to the ceiling. He folds back a piece of cloth on the window occasionally to look out at what's happening on the street. He grunts at their arrival, but otherwise, doesn't move from his spot.

Kaedras recognizes the race of Atorians as race of human looking humanoids with a distinctive growth pattern of hair on their heads. They are known for being matriarchal and very aggressive in their dealings with other races (whether trade or war). Technologically perhaps a bit ahead of the Tarlok based on what he's seen, but still essentially savages when compared to Star Elves.

Sorrenson is able to get his drones outside the building and located in secluded spots to passively observe the area around the building as well. Kaboom for his part neither helps or hinders Sorrenson's efforts, just keeps to his self appointed post.

...

In the morning, most of team is awoken to the sound of a crate being opened, the creak of nails being pulled back making a loud noise in the mostly empty room. Kaboom puts down his crowbar, and pulls out a bunch of different colored packages. "Chow time," he says, he puts them down on a table, along with a large jug of water. "There's a picture on what meal is inside. Pull the tab to heat them up." Kaboom takes one and tosses it to StarChief, "We still have a few of these left. I can't believe you like the taste of that gamey bird." The picure of Frisetian Condor Stew, along with a really ugly bird is on the label.

With everyone refreshed and recharged, it's time to plan. Is the team going to search for the missing bio-freaks or go in a different direction?

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:54 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 34
JiC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 50

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
The top bunk was long enough that only Juan Echo's feet hung from the end of the cot as he woke up. After centuries of travelling throughout the Three Galaxies the Wanderer had developed the ability to sleep well under nearly any circumstance. His eyes glowed open as he woke up refreshed to the sound of Kaboom popping open a crate full of instant meals. It's as close to guests right as we'll ever get from this Urqos. Doesn't mean we should trust him yet.

Juan hops off the bunk and picks up one of the packs of Frisetian Condor Stew. I've eaten uglier before. He pulls the top open to a warm lumpy brown stew, a side of overcooked green vegetables, and a doughy flat bread. Looks like peasant fare; that's pretty hard to screw up. He takes the meager packet of hot sauce and slathers it on the veggies, giving them about as much taste as they have nutritional value. The stew itself has only two notes, gamey and salty. Coincidentally, there are exactly two lumps of condor meat, and two pieces of what could be a root vegetable of some kind. Juan sops up the remaining stew with his bread, which despite being baked and reheated still feels underdone, and then washes it all down with two long draughts straight from the jug*.

"Urqos Icky, you were a Warlock Marine; where does this rank compared to the field rations you have eaten?"

After finishing his meal, Juan puts on his EBA and sits down with the rest of the team. He looks to Kaboom, still sitting on his chair like a surly prick, and then turns back to Starchief. "So the Urqos Scythe sounds like a fun guy, have you ever worked with him? Urqos Waldo made it sound like he was a frenemy**, so I don't know how you left things with him before you left Seeron.

"He could be a useful lead. We can try unloading the lurduuks on him at a discount and then ply him for intel. He may lead us to whoever is dealing in exotic weapons or biotechnology. Maybe he can tell us what is going on in the streets At the very least we can use it as a chance to spy on his operation."

* Presumably, there are no cups with the instant meals and so everyone is swigging water from the jug. If there are drinking vessels, one would hope that Jonny has the decency to grab a cup.
** Fun fact: the word 'frenemy' is a loan word to Trade 4 from the Mama dialect. In its original context it had the dual meaning of, "an enemy with whom you have bonded over a night of heavy drinking and singing out of tune/ a friend you have alienated by drunkenly insulting their singing voice". The first recorded use of the word outside the Yayamama Star System dates to some 2,300 years ago.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 20
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Sorrenson finishes up his watch when Kaboom brings over the food. He wastes no time in heating up the food pack and chowing down. He watches Juan drink straight from the jug. Oh, funk no! I don’t want whatever xeno-herpes Juan is carrying! “Oi! Juan! Don’t drink straight from the jug. It’s not cool to share whatever space-mouth-clap you’re carrying! Don’t they teach you manners at little god school?” He says, spitting out a bunch of food as he does so. Which renders his point about being gross somewhat mute.

After eating Sorrenson brings the drones back in one by one and reviews the footage. He’s looking for people coming and going from the safe house. If he sees no one he’ll be pretty happy. If he sees something on the footage he’ll want who they are and where they went or where they came from.

As for the planning session, Sorrenson sends, via laser comms, each team member a packet outlining the encounter with the Wraith-thing and it’s info about Haad. He figures that it’s better not to just spill that out in front of Kaboom. Who doesn’t really seem to like the team that much. The idea to look into the missing Bio Freaks seems like a good idea to him.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Next

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests