[GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

The Phase World/Three Galaxies Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 am

The ship’s engines were completely silent. Bashka knew the party line, that this vessel represented the pinnacle of Kreeghor technology, and that the silent-running FT L engines were supposed to be a sign of progress and the inevitable superiority of the empire. But it felt wrong to hear not so much as a tremor from engines hurling them past multiple light years an hour. It was unsettling- too much like the empty void of space for her comfort. Give her a nice, clunky, loud gravitonic engine any day.

She put the thought out of her mind as she strode into the commandant’s office, coming to attention with a crisp salute and waiting silently for the officer to address her. The silhouette behind the desk had a reputation for being as cold as ice, and was not above making junior officers wait at attention, arm raised in salute, for hours if he thought it would teach them a lesson.

”Ah, Lieutenant Bashka. Prompt as always. At ease, Lieutenant.” Bashka folded her hands behind her back, and relaxed marginally.

”Orders have come in from the very highest level. We have a new mission for you and your team. But that can wait a moment. You’ve been training together for weeks now. I’d like to get your impressions first.”

Bashka licked her lips, thinking for a moment. ”They are an… eclectic bunch, sir. Unusually diverse, and quite powerful in their own ways. Some were reluctant to take orders from a human. It has made organizing them difficult. Even so, they are all Guardsmen, and I believe they are ready for any challenge the emperor sees fit to set before us.”

The commandant nodded. ”Good, good. They will need to be for their next mission. Tell me, Lieutenant, how familiar were you with my predecessor?”

Bashka blinked. ”Commander Kwarrl, sir? Only by reputation, before his death. He was… strong, but erratic. Rumor had it he was prone to obsessive behavior, and would disappear for weeks at a time without a word to anyone.”

The commandant’s jet-black eyes glittered. ”Honest to a fault, even when a lie would be advisable. For all that I agree with you, Lieutenant, take care that you do not repeat rumors about your former superior. For all his flaws, Kwarrl had many friends in high places. Which may well be why you’re here today.”

Bashka frowned. ”Sir?”

”How much do you know about the circumstances of Kwarrl’s death?”

She shook her head. ”Nothing. All reports were classified, highest level.”

The commandant displayed his first sign of emotion since she had entered, face twisting up into a scowl of irritation. ”Military bureaucracy…” he muttered. The silhouette turned to his console, pressed a few buttons, then turned back to the Lieutenant. ”While the report itself remains classified, even above my grade, I can share with you the information we have been collecting on the team that killed Kwarrl. Study it well, Bashka; if they were able to destroy Kwarrl and his forces then these individuals are not to be taken lightly. I think you will find that, in terms of a diversity of capabilities, they are every bit the equals of your own crew. Which, of course, is why you were given such an unusual command in the first place.”

”We have been tracking their movements ever since their encounter with Kwarrl. The exact composition of the team tends to fluctuate a bit, but they key players remain stable. You will want to focus your efforts on those individuals so noted in the dossiers. They are mercenaries currently under the direct employ of Thraxus, so you can expect them to be heavily armed and extremely well-equipped. I have no information on what sort of work they are doing for him, but our latest intelligence reports suggest that they may be returning to Center in the next two days.”

”The Promethians are ostensibly neutral in galactic affairs, but we have reason to believe they may not remain so when it concerns this group. Therefore, under no circumstances are you to draw attention to yourselves. After your insertion into the city, you are to observe the targets. They appear to somehow operate out of a small weapons shop on Level 4 when they are in the city- start there. Based on past experience, it is unlikely they will remain on Phase World for long. You are to learn their next destination, and report it to me. From there, your orders are to pursue and neutralize them. Without specific knowledge as to their purpose, we can only guess where that pursuit will take you, but our intelligence analysts have outlined numerous potential contingencies, all of which are included in the file I sent you. You are to commit them to memory and be prepared to act accordingly on the ground- I shall coordinate from orbit but hunting these people down will be your task. At the earliest available opportunity, you are to engage the targets and neutralize them. Not on Center's upper levels- that would draw the attention of Thraxus and the Promethians, but you are authorized to attack at your discretion anywhere where you can do so quietly. Should you have occasion to capture one or more of them alive, you may do so, but I repeat- your primary objective is to neutralize the entire team. No matter what. Dismissed.”

Bashka saluted, and left the commandant’s office. Her first command, and it was an assassination mission. She had best get to those dossiers. If the team assembled under her to counter this group was any indication, the targets are all dangerous, skilled, and highly varied in their abilities. Bashka would make certain that she and her team would be fully prepared to engage them.


As you leave the civilized upper levels of Center behind, it quickly becomes apparent that the various check-points separating the lower levels are designed more to keep people out of the upper levels, rather than in. With your IDs from Thraxus in hand, you have no trouble making it past the squads of Naruni Repo-Bots and heavily-armed Promethian security forces. Just to be on the safe side, though, after the first couple levels go by without incident Sslyth takes over and leads you into one of the many cramped ducts crisscrossing the interior of Center. The demon-dragonmage brings you to his old stomping grounds on Level 11 in under an hour.

From here, though, you’re on your own. Based on your initial impressions, the city is laid out in a standard grid pattern- similar to the more nondescript parts of the upper levels, such as the Warehouse district, with the exception that most of the amenities to which you are accustomed (lifts, rapid transit, reliable lighting, etc.) are absent. The buildings are old and run-down, but in reasonably good repair all things considered- the one exception being ley line nexuses. Anywhere on this level where two or more of the large, glowing bands intersects, the buildings around it have long since been leveled, and the ruins allowed to remain unmolested.

Below this point, each level of center forms a rectangle about 20 miles long by 15 miles wide. Those of you attuned to magical energies can sense a very high background amount on this level- greater even than the Warlock Market far above you. Zem’s sensitivity is so acute that the Zembahk is able to sense every ley line and nexus on the level before you even get there, with the closest only a few miles away from where you emerge. A roar somewhere in the distance leave some of you with a distinctly uneasy feeling.

Those of you with any enhanced hearing (or a perception roll of 15+ in your next post) can hear the sounds of movement coming from two or three of the buildings in your immediate vicinity- shuffling steps, maybe the skittering crawl of some rodent. About half a mile up the street, two humanoid forms cloaked in filthy rags huddle around a meager fire. Another fellow about a mile west of you appears to be sorting through various rubbish bins, and adding gods-knows-what to a beat-up, metallic shopping cart. Those of you with any psionic senses can detect a plethora of wretched minds in the buildings around you- they're apparently packed to the gills, despite the dangers of staying on this level.

Sslyth wracks his memory and has a vague recollection of a small family he once helped- they came from one of the levels even lower down via some sort of large passage, located somewhere at the opposite end of the level from where you begin. Beyond that, however, Sslyth’s experience ends with Level 11.

What are you doing?

OOC wrote:OK, folks, I’m not throwing a ton of stimuli to react to this post, to give everyone a chance to finalize what gear they’re carrying and how. Anyone who isn’t on top of things and doesn’t get this done before my next update is completely at my mercy from here on out (I’m looking at you, Katia). I’d also like to see some sort of a marching order, and your general game plan/strategy for moving through Level 11. Your starting location is indicated by the purple dot on the map, with the ley lines Zem can sense indicated in blue.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JIC d20: 1d20:
9

JIC d100: 1d100:
16


[prior to the trip down to Level 11]

Alison almost melts as Starchief smiles at her, feeling goofy as she returns it.

SpaceDino wrote:"Alison, there's a small device in our armory I want you to take along. It's called a talisman"

"I'm on it, boss. Gonna grab 8 Long E-clips from the armory, too, if that's Kosher."

Metri wrote:"Know this Yoder, I do not. Scattered, my people are. Lost. Please, of this 'movie', you can show, hmm? To meet Yoder, I must. Of great importance it is!"


"Oh, uh, well, I didn't meet him. I'm afraid I don't have the movie, Metri. I have actually very little of my old life. Some Anime, pictures, books and a ton of MP3s on my cell and that's almost it. Dunno how I'm gonna charge it, actually, come to think of it. They never did put a mini USB port in the VF-4A. The 'B', however, totally different story." Alison is visibly disappointed that she's unable to show Metri what she's talking about. There must be a way I can show him. I wonder if Zemmy can do some kinda mental link or something. I'll have to ask in private.

[after the trip down to Level 11]


Alison speaks up upon the group reaching level 11. They seem almost as lost as I am. Almost.
"Boss, if I can be so bold, I suggest Katia and Zem provide top cover while the rest of us divide up into two, four person fireteams. We may want to stagger the teams when we cross intersections, too. It might not be terribly fast, but gives us cover as we move. Also, if we move in a diamond rather than in column, we get better fields of fire if we're involved in a firefight. Maybe we should go over some basic hand signals too, so we don't clutter the radio channel. Speaking of which, what channel are we using?"

Before heading out, Alison makes sure her weapons are loaded and accessible, yet also safe. Nothing like misting a native to invite hostility.

When the group steps off, Alison makes sure one of the larger team members is near by.

SO not a grunt. Now, MacPherson, he was the field craft guy. Feels good being near a wall of muscle though. Reassuring.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:28 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

JiC: 1d20:
5
, 1d100:
8


Before heading off with the group, Cassius and Janus are trying to figure out what this flying... Worm-thing is doing looking them up and down. Maybe it's a pet? That's one hell of a pet... Doesn't seem to be making any noise. Why is it so curious in us and not that other mage? He's just as new as us. Hell if I know, but whatever it is it seems to like us.

After Oradro advises Cassius to take a rifle from the armory, he simply replies, "Uhh... I'm not really one for rifles, but I will take some extra e-clips for my pistol if you don't mind." Cass then proceeds to the armory for 8 e-clips.

---

Once they start heading out, Cass is a little confused why the 'pet' is following. "Do you always take your little... Wormy-pet-thingy on dangerous missions?"
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19:
17

JIC:1d20:
14
1d100:
30


Oradro will spend what little precious time he has left meditating and arranging what ever was needed before they headed off. Once they were underway he had the group spread out, which somewhat mimicked Alison's suggestion, just not so specifically. The giant Seljuk had been in enough fights to know tightly bunching up was a very bad idea, but had never actually had any military training. "I'm not so sure we want to draw quite that level of attention just yet Alison." he says cautiously "We don't want to look like some sort of invading force here, but if we start running into trouble it's all very good suggestions." he says. When she asks about radio codes he makes sure she gets those as well, though he writes them down for her rather than speaking them out loud. "Either way people, keep your guard up, and what ever you do, don't fire first. It's a rough place down here from everything I've heard so we are bound to run into some paranoid people, and more than a few gangs."

When Cass calls Zem a 'Pet' he gets a rather disapproving look from the giant Seluk and a reproachful tone as he says "Sir Zem, is not a 'pet' he is a Cosmo Knight of the Forge, and he's saved more lives than you've likely ever had a hand in I'd wager, so I suggest you start showing him the respect he deserves. The Forge doesn't just choose anyone to be one of it's champions."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Zem » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
66


Skills used:
Undercover Ops 85% (Pretending to be Starchiefs' Zembahk Appendage) 1d100:
12

Performance 70% (Sir Zem) 1d100:
63

Public Speaking 65% (Sir Zem Speaking) 1d100:
31

Anthropology 70% (Customs and political structure of this level inhabitants at a glance) 1d100:
43

I.D. Undercover Agents 80% (Anyone seeming out of place for this level) 1d100:
63

Lore: Galactic/Alien 75% (info gathering) 1d100:
50

Lore: Magic 80% (info gathering) 1d100:
78

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 75% (info gathering) 1d100:
67


The little Zembahk enjoys seeing everyone one gathered inside the DSM once again and finds itself very grateful that the rest of the group seem to have a handle on what all to take what is going on. Boiling it down in its own mind Zem thinks all they need to do is take the odd looking thingy Oradro has down to a level of Center that doesn't exist and that will be helpful to the universe.

Once the group decided to leave, Zem happily accepts StarChiefs' offer of a ride on the "shiny-suit". "Ooooh Shinny" says Zemas it tries to see itself in the suit and wipes off imaginary bit of dust. With the details ironing themselves out as they head leave the DSM, Zem hears the "Wormy-pet-thingy" comment and can't help but give a mental chuckle at how it must look when compared to the larger bulks of Oradro and Icky. The little Zembahk isn't bothered at all by the misconception of it as a pet and replies and mentally replies, "Zem no pet, Zem make shinny." With that Zem lifts its tail and taps glowing blue energy sphere floating next to it. In a quick aside Zem speaks to the one with Cassius it cannot see. "Hello, Me Zem, You Cassius Friend?"

As the group sinks lower into the depths of Center the light hearted touch of Zems mind begins to firm. As long as no-one seem offended by it, Zems mental touch in the minds of the crew of the DSM becomes less of a touch and more of a locked Anchor. The older members of the crew will have sensed this before, a way for the little Knight keep a watch over its family, a way to pass messages and Information between members at speed if needed. As they make their way to the lowest level, the giggle has gone from the mystic worm mind, the love of shinny held in check by a sharp focus and the Mental Voice focuses into words instead of emotions. Sir Zem says, "Sir Zem here. I am holding this touch within all of your don't minds. I will play messenger. I'll only send what you mean for other to hear" Just to Alison, Zem sends a Mental wink as it rides on StarChiefs shoulder. ""

The group arrives in the lower levels of Center and the little Zembahk lets its senses stretch out and expand. The pulse of magic is strong down here. The littlest knight of the Forge can feel where the lines of power run and sends that information to the others.
Oradro wrote:"I'm not so sure we want to draw quite that level of attention just yet Alison." he says cautiously "We don't want to look like some sort of invading force here, but if we start running into trouble it's all very good suggestions."

Mentally speaking up Sir Zem says, "Oradro, there are Ley lines crossing through this place. Magic Users looking for a unobserved Nexus is not a bad cover story if we need one." Sir Zems voice hardens a little as it says "Not all types of magic could be cast in the Warlocks Market and the magical power down here is very strong."

With StarChief doing the driving so to speak, Zem is free to take in the look and feel of this place. The masses of beings within this place, the sensitive little Zembahk will gather in all it can about these people, this place, who or where are they afraid of or avoid. Sir Zem is gathering formation as best it can with an eye aimed at getting through this place with the littlest of trouble for it family. The little one also keeps its mental ears out for feeling of hostility or danger. Sir Zem will sift through what it can gather and share it with the others of its' family.
The gods walk among us and can be bribed with cookies!!
Zem
4 ft long, 8 lbs mystic worm.
Energy Sphere PPE: 0 / 0
PPE: 166 / 610
ISP: 546 / 600
MDC: 262 / 262
Cosmic Armor: 500 / 500
Zembahk Battle Armor: 1,000 / 1,000 (Cosmic Weapon: Slinky)
OP-Field: charges used: 2

Horror Factor (once Known to be a Cosmo-Knight): 12 (15 to evil beings)

Conditions: Telepathy, Empathy, sixth sense, see the invisible, night vision 600ft. Sense ley line: 70 miles, sense Rift: 110 miles, sense Magic in use: 100 feet, sense magic energy: 1,000 feet. Immune to heat, fire, and plasma, unless magical or psionic in nature.
Temporary effects on self: Sustain spell ( Days), Chameleon (36 minutes)

Can be heard by all in telepathic range.
Can be heard by group.
Can be heard by whom is being spoken too.
Can be heard by Zem only
Mind Blocked people hear nothing.
User avatar
Zem
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 am

((Rolls carried over))

Cassius is a little taken aback by Oradro's response to his remark. "You mean that's a..." Cassius then stares in awe at the little Cosmo Knight. Cosmo Knight... Wow... We've finally met another Crusader of the Forge...

Cassius then feels the words of Zem in is mind. "So you're a telepath? ... Wait... Does that mean..." You can hear my thoughts? Shortly after, Janus speaks up. You can hear me as well? Interesting... I am Janus, a staff currently in the possession of a crazed Forge hunter. Hey, who are you calling crazy? I'm not the one who's memorized the 'Truths' or the details of the dreamer's heresy. That's dedication, not insanity. You must know what you're searching for before you search for it. Right... Anyway, glad to meet you, Zem. It's not often I get a chance to talk to people other than Cass here.

Other than the continuing mental converstaion, Cassius is just following the group's lead, paying almost no attention to his surroundings.
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Kaius Maro » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
(+3 additional if magic or tech related)
Just in Case: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
27

Conditions: None.

Kaius sighs when the team hits level 11. Not the lap of luxury down here is it. Kaius keeps a wary eye out for trouble, but doesn't act threatening in any manner. "So I assume we're going to work our way down from here. You'd think the Prometheans would have put a easier system up to make it down to the lowest levels." Kiaus follows the group.


OOC: I don't have much this time through, sorry. I'll hopefully make it up in my next post.
Kaius Maro
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Katia T'Schala » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20:
15

JiC: 1d20:
5
; 1d100:
90


Katia's demeanor changes as they get ready of battle, Zem can feel it as he touches her mind. Her mind has sharpened and hardened not unlike that of a combat veteran. As they approach level 11 she turns on her motion tracker, calibrating to avoid registering the other party members.

Oradro wrote: "We don't want to look like some sort of invading force here, but if we start running into trouble it's all very good suggestions."


"If you don't mind, I think I can building hop without appearing overtly hostile. It would provide me some cover while giving me a high ground vantage. And if you are going to stay tight, forgive me for saying this but, Seljuks make for good cover."

Kaius Maro wrote:"So I assume we're going to work our way down from here. You'd think the Prometheans would have put a easier system up to make it down to the lowest levels."


"IF the Prometheans built Center, which no one knows for certain, they may have harnessed the dimensional energies but they aren't in complete control of them. Half of center is essentially a quarantine labyrinth designed to contain unwanted travelers. The difficultly is by design."

Katia quietly 'jumps' onto the nearest building, giving herself a good vantage of the party and street. If necessary she can duck down to avoid shots from below or dive between buildings if they are attacked from above. She keeps pace with the team, walking across the roof tops and 'hopping' from one building to another. She scans their surroundings (5x vision) and keeps an eye on the tracker, in case anything slipped by them.
Katia T'Schala
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Metri » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:23 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23:
20

JIC: 1d20:
18
| 1d100:
8
%

Alison's inability to provide proof of her claim is met with a solemn nod. Unfortunate... Still, I will have to remain alert for clues of my missing brethren. Though she does not have proof, perhaps someone else will... and then our people's quest to find our elders will finally have a conclusion!

When the team mobilizes, Metri will walk on his own, thinking to save Icky's legs the strain of having to carry around his weight unless the space minotaur insists that they utilize their newfound battle harness. If he does, the Yhabbayar will rest his legs but instead softly exercise his lungs, singing an upbeat traveling melody in Trade One. ((Sing. 1d100:
8
/75%[/dice]. Language: Trade One. 1d100:
97
/84%[/dice]))

The music combines both vocals for the ears and for the mind ((since it is sung in Trade One)). The lyrics of the song tell a story of a young adventurer and his musings as he makes his first journey beyond the lands that he knows to seek a relic that will heal his people of their population-wide sickness. His journey includes meeting both friendly acquaintances who help him on his way and obstacles that slow his journey down. A bit of an epic ballad, if allowed to sing its entirety, the story takes nearly an hour to complete. In the end, the adventurer is successful in finding the relic, but finds that it is not the relic that is able to cure his people, but the knowledge and friends he gathered along the way.

Throughout this entire song, Metri does not once stumble on his words as he does when he tries to speak normally. Somehow, when he sings, he uses a different part of his mind that was not affected by the astral parasite. This uninhibited ability to communicate brings Metri much joy and happiness. Feelings that he exudes to the rest of the squad and potentially leaves them in an upbeat mood.

Once they reach the more dire levels of the Center, Metri joins his teammates in being on high alert. To contribute to the sensing, he will ask to be strapped to Icky in the harness (if he is not already). Once there, he will activate telepathy ((Telepathy: Superior. -4 ISP)) and share his perception with Icky ((Shared Perception. -8 ISP)) and then enter into his bubble-making trance, effectively allowing Icky to see what he sees and (since they share roughly the same point of view) have a 500 foot radius psychic omni-sight to refer to as they progress deeper.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:06 pm

((rolls held))
SpaceDinoBoss wrote:"We don't want to look like some sort of invading force here, but if we start running into trouble it's all very good suggestions."

"I think we could keep it casual but still tactical. That said, you're the boss, big guy.
Still, I'd at least decide who's with who, 'cause we hardly want to have to do that in the middle of a fight.
I guess obviously you'd lead one team and someone else the other.
To me, it's a matter of keeping each fire team flexible enough to deal with stuff while not putting all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

If we do need two four-man fire teams, I recommend Metri, Icky, Starchief and Kaius can be one team with Sslyth, yourself, Cassius and I as the other. Spreads out our abilities a bit. Let Zem and Katia detach and give us an idea of what's ahead. Ya know, if we need it. Marine fireteams were, like, Ready, Team, Fire, Assist, if that means much to ya. I know you probably don't wanna lead noobs, but I'll promise to try not to muck up!"


Seeing Katia "leap" up to the building tops, she quickly says, "Kat, ya might wanna...wait..for, oh nevermind.".

After hearing Metri's song, Alison takes time to absorb it. She doesn't so much understand it, not knowing Trade One, but appreciates the song's tune.

She responds by singing "The Minstrel Boy" softly and slowly ((Sing 1d100:
48
/58% pass, Performance 1d100:
99
/63% not so much, fail!)). Not once, however, does she forget that the team is in a potentially dangerous situation. Calmly, she scans her surroundings, looking for anything amiss. Her singing is top-notch but her performance with all her military talk and overt reconnaissance is lackluster. Bugger all., she thinks to herself.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

JIC: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
45


Cassius Freedon wrote:Once they start heading out, Cass is a little confused why the 'pet' is following. "Do you always take your little... Wormy-pet-thingy on dangerous missions?"


Oradro wrote:When Cass calls Zem a 'Pet' he gets a rather disapproving look from the giant Seluk and a reproachful tone as he says "Sir Zem, is not a 'pet' he is a Cosmo Knight of the Forge, and he's saved more lives than you've likely ever had a hand in I'd wager, so I suggest you start showing him the respect he deserves. The Forge doesn't just choose anyone to be one of it's champions."


Icky chuckles. "Yah, don't go dissin' da Haggis, chummer. Got more punch dan trama root stuff wit' fire salts. Can yank ya outta Death's outhouse door too. Trust me on dat one."


Metri wrote:When the team mobilizes, Metri will walk on his own, thinking to save Icky's legs the strain of having to carry around his weight unless the space minotaur insists that they utilize their newfound battle harness. If he does, the Yhabbayar will rest his legs but instead softly exercise his lungs, singing an upbeat traveling melody in Trade One. ((Sing. Invalid dice code!/75%[/dice]. Language: Trade One. Invalid dice code!/84%[/dice]))

The music combines both vocals for the ears and for the mind ((since it is sung in Trade One)). The lyrics of the song tell a story of a young adventurer and his musings as he makes his first journey beyond the lands that he knows to seek a relic that will heal his people of their population-wide sickness. His journey includes meeting both friendly acquaintances who help him on his way and obstacles that slow his journey down. A bit of an epic ballad, if allowed to sing its entirety, the story takes nearly an hour to complete. In the end, the adventurer is successful in finding the relic, but finds that it is not the relic that is able to cure his people, but the knowledge and friends he gathered along the way.

Throughout this entire song, Metri does not once stumble on his words as he does when he tries to speak normally. Somehow, when he sings, he uses a different part of his mind that was not affected by the astral parasite. This uninhibited ability to communicate brings Metri much joy and happiness. Feelings that he exudes to the rest of the squad and potentially leaves them in an upbeat mood.


Icky listens to Metri's singing and (rather uncharacteristically) seems to enjoy it. "I'm tellin' ya, Boog -- I ever get me restaurant upstairs, I'm hirin' yer butt as live entertainment."

Upon entering Level 11, Icky takes an inquisitive sniff of the air -- and finds it to be pretty much exactly what he expected. "Oi yah, I'm definitely scratchin' dis place off me list o' places ta retire."

Alison McGillis wrote:"Boss, if I can be so bold, I suggest Katia and Zem provide top cover while the rest of us divide up into two, four person fireteams. We may want to stagger the teams when we cross intersections, too. It might not be terribly fast, but gives us cover as we move. Also, if we move in a diamond rather than in column, we get better fields of fire if we're involved in a firefight. Maybe we should go over some basic hand signals too, so we don't clutter the radio channel. Speaking of which, what channel are we using?"


Oradro wrote:Once they were underway he had the group spread out, which somewhat mimicked Alison's suggestion, just not so specifically. The giant Seljuk had been in enough fights to know tightly bunching up was a very bad idea, but had never actually had any military training. "I'm not so sure we want to draw quite that level of attention just yet Alison." he says cautiously "We don't want to look like some sort of invading force here, but if we start running into trouble it's all very good suggestions." he says. When she asks about radio codes he makes sure she gets those as well, though he writes them down for her rather than speaking them out loud. "Either way people, keep your guard up, and what ever you do, don't fire first. It's a rough place down here from everything I've heard so we are bound to run into some paranoid people, and more than a few gangs."


"A'right, let's find our travelin' buddies..." Icky grunts. "Speakin' o' which, Boog, saddle up while we got da luxury o' time. We'll cover ground better." He pulls out his Volcano and keeps it pointed down but at the ready as he makes his way with the group. He's also surprised at the sensation of sharing Metri's perception/omni-sight. This deal keeps getting better, he thinks to himself (and probably where Metri can hear). Little guy's acting like a built-in sensor suite. Wish he had him back with the Swords. Hells, wish we had a setup like this back in the Corps -- I ever get my suit back I'm going to sell this idea to them when I get to the recruitment office.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Starchief » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 17:
13

JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
39


"We're traveling...North...east..." (Land Navigation: 1d100:
56
/83% - PASS.
Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100:
54
/50% - FAIL
) "I...think..." Starchief is focused entirely on his new power armor and it's mini-computer's compass. "Flashlight on..." The flashlight on his right forearm turns on. "Flashlight off." It turns off. I love new toys! Coming out of his haze, he over hears the conversation about breaking up in to teams. "I think that's a great idea, Alison. And don't worry about Katia. She can take care of herself." He looks up to his right shoulder and asks Zem. "You enjoying the ride? What exactly is this floating blue ball all about again? Not that I mind it. It's a nice glow."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:23 am

The trip down to level 11, and the first few miles on it, pass by uneventfully. Before entering the dangerous lower levels, everyone checks their equipment one last time, and both Metri and Alison attempt to lighten the mood by bursting into song. But as you emerge onto the first rift level, a deadly earnest takes over the group and every one of you prepares to get down to business.

While Kaius and Katia mutter comments on this shabbier part of Center, Alison suggests a detailed tactical formation- sending out the team’s fliers as rooftop scouts and splitting the rest of the group into two larger sub-squads. Oradro cautions Alison against adopting too militant a mindset, at least at this stage, and orders the team to simply spread out a bit and advance at the ready. Katia interprets that to mean some rooftop scouting is allowed, and flies up to the nearby block of buildings, quiet as a kitten. Her flight powers enable her to effortlessly glide over any gaps in the rooftop, and her armor’s built-in sensors more than compensate for the distance separating her from the ground and the rest of the team. Zem, meanwhile, suggests to Oradro that they pretend to be rogue mages searching for an unsupervised nexus. Thus far, however, such deception appears unnecessary- all is quiet, and the few humanoid residents of Level 11 quickly scurry away into the distance to avoid the well-armed intruders.

Sporting his new armor, Starchief offers up his massive frame as a perch for Zem- the zembahk accepts, gleeful at the shiny new armor for him to play on. Zem stifles his enthusiasm quickly, however, realizing that the team needs to be ready for anything in this part of the city. As he is wont to do, Zem begins psychically monitoring the other team members- flitting about surface thoughts and emotions to better share perceptions and coordinate the team’s activities. Those of you who have been with the team before find the presence oddly comforting, while the new recruits are surprised at the unusual intrusion, but willing to go along with it in light of the obvious tactical benefits. Cassius’ initial assessment of Zem as a pet is quickly revised, as both the Zembahk and several others present boast of the cosmo-knight’s power. The warlock is fascinated by Zem’s presence in his mind, as is the rune weapon Janus- by virtue of their telepathic link, Zem is able to communicate with the staff through Cassius- an intriguing development for all involved.

From his perch in Icky’s custom-made Yhabbayar carrier, Metri is able to make excellent use of his psionics and form a perception bond far more intense than Zem’s telepathic touches. Icky initially finds the sensation… unusual, but quickly adapts as Metri begins feeding his psychic perceptions to the minotaur. After a few seconds, Metri enters his trance state, and a great deal of added sensory input rushes into Icky. With Metri’s mind bolstering his own, however, Icky is able to process all of it without disorientation, and the hardened veteran quickly sees the advantages to the process. With Katia still on the rooftops nearby, Icky/Metri take point with the rest of the group following behind. In the absence of more specific directions, you all begin heading towards the opposite end of the level in a straight line.

Around six miles or so in, the sensation of magic energy peaks, and those of you paying attention can see the blue glow of a ley line in one of the large building complexes on your left. Those of you attuned to such things can tell that this is the terminus of a ley line that stretches south west. It isn’t accessible from the street, but it is close enough to boost magic.

Unless you stop to take advantage of the line’s energies, you continue “northward.” Those of you with extensive psionic abilities and range begin to sense clusters of presences- wretched, humanoid lifeforms no doubt trying to eke out a meager existence. This part of the city is not decrepit, exactly, just old and seemingly untouched by the luxury and trappings of civilization synonymous with the Center you all know.

After another three miles or so, the city opens up a little. The street down which you’ve been walking intersects with a larger thoroughfare- practically big enough to be considered a highway, if there were any traffic on it. The street you’ve been following, and grid-like structure of the buildings that you’ve seen continues about half a mile to your north- with one exception. Across the highway, and slightly to your right, two ley lines intersect in the midst of a burned-out, empty lot. The lines are, fortunately, quiescent at the moment, and the lot is otherwise deserted.

As soon as he lays eyes on the ley line, Icky feels a tug on his mind. The minotaur isn’t used to all of this wackadoodle, touchy-feely sensy crap, so initially he thinks it’s something Metri is doing. Then he feels it again and isn’t so sure- whatever it is, it is coming from somewhere off to the “west.” With the tug comes a rush of jumbled feelings- something familiar. Something painful. And something dark and very, very wrong. Metri and Zem only become aware of the feeling if they happen to scan Icky’s surface thoughts while he is thinking about it.

Meanwhile, a figure steps out of one of the buildings behind you. A gorgeous (PB 28) woman steps out carrying a bag of what appears to be garbage. She throws it in a dumpster next to the building, turns back and, as if seeing you for the first time, starts violently. She raises her hands protectively and the hood of her cloak falls, revealing the pointed ears characteristic of an elf, luxuriant blonde curls, and piercing blue eyes. She is, in a word, breathtaking.

”W…What do you want?” She sounds frightened.

What are you doing?

OOC wrote:An blown up/updated map is attached. You're about halfway across Level 11 at this point.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Katia T'Schala » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:38 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 8:
3

JiC: 1d20:
14
; 1d100:
68


Katia makes that loud, intimidating cocking noise for her HI-80 from above. Her voice over the suit's speaker is gruff, making it difficult to tell if she is a man or woman. "What we want is to have no trouble." Mentally her distrust is palpable. She doesn't make sense, we should move on. It wouldn't take an elf like her too long to buy a legitimate ID out of here. Orders?
Katia T'Schala
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Metri » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JIC: 1d20:
4
| 1d100:
80
%

Realizing that it is unreasonable to maintain shared perception with Icky at all times without mental exhaustion, Metri tapers back and only shares his meditative sight with the Minotaur Master Chef when he feels there is something urgent that requires his attention or input.

When the gorgeous woman steps out of one of the buildings, the Yhabbayar tries not to jump to conclusions one way or the other. Instead, he relies on his senses. Specifically, he relies on his keenly accurate intuition of a person's attunement or lack thereof to life ((Sense Life. Like Grey Seers)). He will quickly share with the rest of the team his findings so that they will be prepared and/or not over-react.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
92


Dark Lord wrote:As soon as he lays eyes on the ley line, Icky feels a tug on his mind. The minotaur isn’t used to all of this wackadoodle, touchy-feely sensy crap, so initially he thinks it’s something Metri is doing. Then he feels it again and isn’t so sure- whatever it is, it is coming from somewhere off to the “west.” With the tug comes a rush of jumbled feelings- something familiar. Something painful. And something dark and very, very wrong. Metri and Zem only become aware of the feeling if they happen to scan Icky’s surface thoughts while he is thinking about it.


I have a bad feeling about this... the minotaur thinks to himself. "Boog -- what kinda psychic mojo you got runnin' up dere? Whaddever it is, I'm gettin' some definitely unfriendly deja vu comin' from dat direction." He gestures off in the general direction of the ley line to the west. "Reckon ya can plug us in an' get some sorta read on what it might be?"

While he waits for Metri's response (and/or help) he searches his memory, trying to put his finger on something -- anything -- that might seem familiar about what he's feeling. He even brings his own limited psychic abilities into play; they usually weren't good for anything other than reading quickly and remembering what he's read but you never know whenever it might come in handy.

((OOC: Using Total Recall; -2 ISP))

Dark Lord wrote:Meanwhile, a figure steps out of one of the buildings behind you. A gorgeous (PB 28) woman steps out carrying a bag of what appears to be garbage. She throws it in a dumpster next to the building, turns back and, as if seeing you for the first time, starts violently. She raises her hands protectively and the hood of her cloak falls, revealing the pointed ears characteristic of an elf, luxuriant blonde curls, and piercing blue eyes. She is, in a word, breathtaking.


Anyone monitoring Icky's thoughts as he first lays eyes on the elf would likely blush. However, his innate skepticism reins in any galloping hormones. "Pretty things don't last long in places like dis..." he mutters to nobody in particular. "Boog -- keep an eye out. Dis stinks like overcooked dreugh wax."

He lets others do the talking for the group while he himself looks around in case there are others nearby looking to take advantage of such an eye-pleasing distraction.

Detect Ambush = 1d100:
91
/84%
Detect Concealment = 1d100:
58
/74%
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Zem » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
4
/ 1d100:
91


Skills used:
Undercover Ops 85% (Pretending to be Starchiefs' Zembahk Appendage) 1d100:
21

Performance 70% (Sir Zem) 1d100:
92
Fail
Public Speaking 65% (Sir Zem Speaking) 1d100:
77
Fail
Anthropology 70% (Customs and political structure of this level inhabitants at a glance) 1d100:
2

I.D. Undercover Agents 80% (Wondering if The Beauty is what she looks like) 1d100:
39

Lore: Galactic/Alien 75% (Information the Beauty) 1d100:
37

Lore: Magic 80% (What is going on with Icky) 1d100:
78

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 75% (What is going on with Icky) 1d100:
74


The mystic worm attempts to keep up the act of being a Zembahk appendage as it rides on the Shield of Seerons' shoulder. With out the need to wiggle frantically to keep up all its' long legged family members Sir Zem is able to keep an eye on the surrounding Mentally Chat with them all. Zem finds it a bit hard to form its' thoughts into words and use the grammar most of the Walkers use instead of just letting the thoughts and emotions from from it's mind light a happy little stream.

Starchief wrote:He looks up to his right shoulder and asks Zem. "You enjoying the ride? What exactly is this floating blue ball all about again? Not that I mind it. It's a nice glow."

Mentally Sir Zem nods and has to fight off the urge to look down at the shinny new suit as it says, "It is a fine ride, I do hope I am not too heavy. The glowing ball is an Energy Sphere. It holds magical energies that magic users need to power their works. Let us put it in terms of ammo. If your average magic user is a full E-clip, then the energy sphere is four E-clips. Though in truth the blue lines ahead of us are a bottomless E-clip the makes Magic users twice to three times as powerful." "And that about covers everything I know about guns and technology". Thinks Sir Zem, as they walk through the lower levels of Center.

Cassius Freedon wrote: "So you're a telepath? ... Wait... Does that mean..." You can hear my thoughts? Shortly after, Janus speaks up. You can hear me as well? Interesting... I am Janus, a staff currently in the possession of a crazed Forge hunter. Hey, who are you calling crazy? I'm not the one who's memorized the 'Truths' or the details of the dreamer's heresy. That's dedication, not insanity. You must know what you're searching for before you search for it. Right... Anyway, glad to meet you, Zem. It's not often I get a chance to talk to people other than Cass here.

A deep mental chuckle rolls into Cassiuss' mind and from his mind Janus can hear Sir Zem as well. The littlest Knight of the Forge says, "Yes, I can hear you, Cassius. I hear you as well Janus, it is nice to meet you both. Feel free to drop me a mental line anytime only haveing one person to walk to must get lonely but I do have a few questions. I understand that by Crusader of the Forge you probably mean another Cosmo Knight but what is a Forge Hunter? What is the Dreamer's Heresy and what are its "Truths"?"

It might become painfully obvious very soon that Sir Zem has zero knowledge about Forge lore. Both Cassius and Janus should be able to sense that the littlest Knight of the Forge hasn't ever wondered about who or what the Forge is because Zem knew a few facts with all of its Wormy heart. The Forge is good. The Forge needs beings to do good works in the universe. The Forge wanted Zem to help People, Zem serves the Forge. Up till now it has always been that simple but if the Forge hunter start to speak about Forge lore the embers of curiosity might start to spark and burn.

Having enjoyed the singing of Alison an Metri on the way down, Sir Zem mentally smiles when Metri start scanning the area with psi powers and Alison shows a knowledge of tactics for Sir Zem best knowledge of military tactics is remembering what he has seen other family members have done and parroting it back some times. It is a comfort to the mystic worm to know it can rely on the skills and abilities of them all. Sir Zem has to Marvel at the luck that brought them all together at this time when the universe is in danger and in need of just such a band of beings to save it. For surely Sir Zem knows that had it not been found by this group, this new family, it would have failed the Forge long ago.

A dark feeling dancing across the mind of Icky and Icky himself mentioning it draws Sir Zem attention over. The little Mystic Worm lets its mind quest out for the feeling or presence to try and get a feel or idea of what it is. Being present in Ickys' mind at that moment gives the little one a front row seat as it were when the warlock Marine lays eyes on the stunningly beautiful Elven lass. If worms can blush this one does so and unconsciously slipping a bit from its Sir Zem mental attitude the group can hear a, "OOOh Pretty." from the mind of the little mystic worm.
The gods walk among us and can be bribed with cookies!!
Zem
4 ft long, 8 lbs mystic worm.
Energy Sphere PPE: 0 / 0
PPE: 166 / 610
ISP: 546 / 600
MDC: 262 / 262
Cosmic Armor: 500 / 500
Zembahk Battle Armor: 1,000 / 1,000 (Cosmic Weapon: Slinky)
OP-Field: charges used: 2

Horror Factor (once Known to be a Cosmo-Knight): 12 (15 to evil beings)

Conditions: Telepathy, Empathy, sixth sense, see the invisible, night vision 600ft. Sense ley line: 70 miles, sense Rift: 110 miles, sense Magic in use: 100 feet, sense magic energy: 1,000 feet. Immune to heat, fire, and plasma, unless magical or psionic in nature.
Temporary effects on self: Sustain spell ( Days), Chameleon (36 minutes)

Can be heard by all in telepathic range.
Can be heard by group.
Can be heard by whom is being spoken too.
Can be heard by Zem only
Mind Blocked people hear nothing.
User avatar
Zem
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JiC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
83


Cass is a little shocked at the questions this Zem has. You mean... You don't know the Mythos of the Forge? The Nine Heresies!? ANYTHING!? It seems not even the Knights truly know what it is they serve. This is an interesting development... I thought for sure you'd know something but had an oath or something not to speak of it... Unless you're merely acting out that oath by pretending to know nothing. Cass, calm down. I think his questions are sincere. Cassius sighs a little. I guess this is going to be a lot more complicated than I thought... Okay, basic idea: I'm a Forge Hunter, someone who spends their life looking for answers as to what the Cosmic Forge really is. The Nine Heresies are nine tales of what people believe to be encounters with the Forge. They are called heresies because if you believe one you generally will disbelieve all of the others. So at any given point in time, a majority of the entirety that is the Anvil Galaxy thinks that each heresy is false. The Dreamer's Heresy I mentioned earlier is actually an annual occurrence. Every year, three hundred and thirty three people spread across three hundred and thirty three worlds have a dream. I won't go into the details of the dream, but each person makes a change in their life for the better. The dream is fact, as it is well documented. Whether it really has to do with the Forge or not is anyone's guess. I think that was a little more than he asked for, Cass. Oh, I'm sure our little knight here enjoyed his journey towards enlightenment on what it is he serves. Or you made him question what he serves, which won't go well. Nonsense, it should take more than the ramblings of a Forge Hunter to create doubts in the mind of a Knight. And just to clarify, Zem, I do want you to keep serving the Forge. The Cosmo Knights do great things for the Three Galaxies. Cassius feels a little proud of himself, being a well of knowledge on the Forge.

When the elven lady appears, Cassius can't help but be dazed by her beauty. Completely oblivious to the possibility of something being wrong with her presence. No. What? I didn't do- No. I didn't even think anything. You were going to and our little Knight is listening. It's bad enough I have to see all of your thoughts. I wouldn't wish to burden the knight with them as well. Another sigh from Cassius might be heard by others. He will simply wait unless instructed to do so by Oradro or Zem.
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Dark Lord wrote:Meanwhile, a figure steps out of one of the buildings behind you. A gorgeous (PB 28) woman steps out carrying a bag of what appears to be garbage. She throws it in a dumpster next to the building, turns back and, as if seeing you for the first time, starts violently. She raises her hands protectively and the hood of her cloak falls, revealing the pointed ears characteristic of an elf, luxuriant blonde curls, and piercing blue eyes. She is, in a word, breathtaking.

”W…What do you want?” She sounds frightened.


Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

JIC:1d100:
48
1d20:
4


Oradro continues on with the others in silence. It wasn't that he felt the need to be alone or some how resented the presence of the others. The big Seljuk was simply in silent contemplation about the strange device he had been handed, and the task set before him. He simply couldn't figure it out but that didn't stop him from at least trying. Beyond that he simply maintains a cautious lookout and as the team descends into the more dangerous depths of Center he makes sure to keep his rifle at the ready. The woman coming out near the group is merely watched at first with a slightly wary eye, so it's her reaction that makes him frown and suddenly feel on edge. "Nothing." he says in a soft edged voice that is no less stern in tone. "We are merely passing through on our way to the lower levels." he declares. "We are not here for you or anyone else here, nor are we here to take anything from you."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

JIC d20: 1d20:
16
/JIC d100 1d100:
74


Performance 1d100:
99
/63%; fail
Public Speaking 1d100:
99
/58%; what?? again?! fail
Intelligence 1d100:
33
/55%; pass

Alison pauses upon hearing the cocking of a weapon, followed by Katia's veiled threat. Great. Natives! See the universe! Meet interesting people and shoot them!

She turns to see the elven woman and gasps. Breathtaking. Elves really ain't my thing though. And it's weird to see someone so beautiful in such a piss hole.

Unslinging her rifle, Alison steps subtly so she's not directly in line with everyone else and cradles her weapon in her left arm. She rotates her right like it's sore ((Performance)) and says to Oradro, "Heya, Mr. Grimlock, when are we gettin' to the inn? My feet sure are tired.". She makes sure to speak loudly and clearly so that the elven woman can hear her complaint ((Public Speaking)).

Now with any luck, she'll buy that and we'll be on our way. I knew we should've broken up the team.

Alison meanwhile makes an attempt to take in the woman's manner and ascertain whether she may be an enemy scout ((Intelligence)).

Zem, if you can hear my thought's I think the group outta spread out a bit so we're not all 'ducks in a row', ya know?
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Kaius Maro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
(+3 additional if Magic/Tech)
Just in Case: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
13

Conditions: None.

When Kaius sees the woman, his brain goes dumb for a moment. Man she's pretty, the things... When she begins to act frightened, Kaius takes a step back and raises is hands in a defensive/non-offensive style. "We don't want anything, we're just happening along here." Kaius says in a hope to defuse the situation.
Kaius Maro
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:18 pm

As you proceed through the level, most of the team remains silent. Outwardly, everyone remains calm and alert, with the exception of some muted conversation between Zem and Starchief, and the blue glow of the energy spheres illuminating your path. Metri soon shuts down his sensory link with Icky, to better conserve his energies, but other telepaths play amongst the mental landscape offered by the team’s minds. Cassius has a rich internal dialogue with Janus, as his revelation that Zem is a legendary cosmo-knight bumps up against the elf’s obsession. He shares some of what he knows of the Forge legends through Zem’s mind link, but receives nothing in exchange beyond the zembahk’s wordless, childlike delight at the tale. The stream of consciousness is only interrupted by the appearance of the elven woman, prompting Cassius to switch tracks to less… pure thoughts.
((It has been a little over two hours to get to this point. Those of you maintaining psionic abilities for the all or part of the duration please update your ISP accordingly.))

The woman’s appearance prompts a reaction from most of the rest of the team, as well. Up on her rooftop perch, Katia loudly readies her weapon and responds to the woman with menace in her voice. Oradro and Kaius echo Katia’s sentiments that the group wants neither trouble nor plunder, with perhaps a bit less of a threat in their tones. Alison, meanwhile, tries guile- pointedly ignoring the elf while complaining to Oradro about her feet, a bit too loudly. In a performance so unconvincing it would make the most vapid soap actress burn with shame, Alison inquires about a place to rest. In response, the woman blinks, and slowly lowers her hands while keeping her gaze fixed on the team’s weapons. She stutters as she speaks, still frightened despite the group’s assurances, while the rest of you look on quietly.

I…I’m sorry if I startled you. You looked like, well, sappers or chzoils or one of the other gangs that plague us. M…My name is Lurana. I live here, and… and your weaponry made me nervous. If you need rest, I know of a building nearby that one of the gangs recently abandoned. I could take you there, in exchange for… your help?” Unshed tears begin to brim in her eyes, as she looks hopefully upon you. When her eyes meet Cassius’, she offers a timid smile.
((Post a roll vs. an 86% charm/impress, ladies and gents. It’s not mind control, just consider the results when role-playing your reactions.))

Icky, meanwhile, figures the rearguard can deal with the Lurana, and concentrates on figuring out what in frak just ran through his brainpan. Metri, whose mental link has long expired, instead becomes aware of the sensation when Icky mentions it. Metri professes ignorance as to the cause, and keeps his senses trained on Lurana for the moment. Zem, meanwhile, tries rooting around in Icky’s surface thoughts and short-term memories of the sensation, but doesn’t come up with anything helpful. A similar scan of the area ((using powers of your choice, again please deduct ISP appropriately)) likewise comes up blank. Those of you who scan Lurana with psionic powers sense nothing beyond what she appears to be- an ordinary, scared woman. In desperation, Icky closes his eyes and enters his own mind, searching for clues as to what the sensation might be ((-2 ISP Icky)).

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Katia T'Schala » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 8:
3

JiC: 1d20:
12
; 1d100:
48


1d100:
80
vs 86% Charm/Impress

Anyone actively tapping into Katia's thoughts can feel the literal split in her mind. The cold and calculating warrior which has been in place since they suited up for combat knows they are better off ignoring the elf. But she wants to help the elf, it is the right thing to do. Katia frowns, caught between her two desires.

It only takes a moment but she can compromise. There are more options than yes or no.

'We can at least hear her out.'
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katia T'Schala
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Metri » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
1
| 1d100:
43
%
Versus charm/impress: 1d100:
77
/86%

"Hmm..." Metri mumbles aloud as Lurana's charms wash over him. "Alluring.. deceptive, yesss." The Yhabbayar nods softly with his eyes closed from his seated position atop Icky's harness. "To follow you, much misfortune may fall upon us. A destroyer of life, I sense you are. Hmmm."

Metri speaks his words confidently and at a volume that everyone in the group can hear. He remains on alert in case battle should erupt, but does not draw any of his weapons. Instead, if forced into combat, he will provide Armor of Ithan protections to nearby teammates. Always relying on his psychic abilities, he trusts that his sixth sense will trigger if an ambush is sprung on them.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12

JIC d20: 1d20:
9
/JIC d100 1d100:
70


1d100:
38
vs Lurana's charm/impress of 86%

"God helps those who help themselves.", Alison says, with conviction. "Still, blessed are those who share their gifts with others...if by our presence we can render aid, is it not our greatest praise to act in his name?"

Hmm, this group seems a bit...heathen. I suppose it would be a test of faith to convert them.

Yet when she spots Lurana's smile at Cassius, Alison feels her cheeks blush and is glad her helmet is on. She doesn't say anything but her posture becomes standoffish as she looks down her nose and puts a hand on her hip. A potential rival, particularly one so nearly perfect does not sit well with her.
Hey, I have an idea, sharp-ears; I saw him FIRST so BACK OFF!

At Metri's words, Alison's posture changes again, this time to grip her rifle with both hands. She keeps the safety on for now and her finger off the trigger, but is ready to rock and roll at a moment's notice.
"What's wrong, Metri?", Alison asks calmly, even more alert now to a potential threat.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Metri » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:56 am

((rolls carried over))

Alison McGillis wrote:"What's wrong, Metri?", Alison asks calmly, even more alert now to a potential threat.

Metri wrinkles his forehead in mild frustration at being unable to communicate his senses to the team appropriately. This time, he decides to take a more direct approach and phrases his words more bluntly.

Turning to the beautiful stranger, he asks, "Lurana, hmm?" Once he gets eye contact, the Yhabbayar continues with an accusing tone, "Succeed, your lies will not. Your true intentions, tell us, hmm?" Metri's slightly narrowed eyes remain fixed on Lurana, but his long ears occasionally twitch as he tries to keep his psychic senses tuned to a likely ambush.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 am

Dark Lord wrote:I…I’m sorry if I startled you. You looked like, well, sappers or chzoils or one of the other gangs that plague us. M…My name is Lurana. I live here, and… and your weaponry made me nervous. If you need rest, I know of a building nearby that one of the gangs recently abandoned. I could take you there, in exchange for… your help?” Unshed tears begin to brim in her eyes, as she looks hopefully upon you. When her eyes meet Cassius’, she offers a timid smile.
((Post a roll vs. an 86% charm/impress, ladies and gents. It’s not mind control, just consider the results when role-playing your reactions.))


Perception: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

JIC:1d100:
41
1d20:
8

Resist Roll:1d100:
68
vs 86%

Oradro had a hard time telling if the woman was telling the truth or not, but the simple fact was they didn't need to stop anywhere to rest, and he really didn't want to add complications to the group's already difficult task. Given the urgency he'd felt from the Elder Promethan he didn't want to risk lingering too long, not with all that was at stake. Part of him hated not being able to help everyone, but in the end he knew that no one, not even the knights of the forge could help every individual person. "Look, we don't need any building, and we are not staying on this level." he says trying to keep his tone kind. "And while we would like to help, we simply do not have the time."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

JiC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
16


vs. Charm/Impress: 1d100:
69


She... She smiled at me... Cass, no. Our mission is a little too important for this. You don't even fully understand what we're doing. But Oradro over there does. And he thinks that this is too important to stop and help her. Cass pulls on a sad and slightly frustrated face. I just wish we could do something for her... What if Metri is right and this is a trap? What then? Then... I don't know... There's no way to really tell, is there? Not from us, no. Let us wait until ordered otherwise. We're not really in a position of making decisions for the group anyway. I guess you're right...

Cassius will still stand and admire her beauty until the situation changes, hoping that Oradro will change his mind on helping this woman.
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
63



Conditions:
- ISP: 42/44

Dark Lord wrote:I…I’m sorry if I startled you. You looked like, well, sappers or chzoils or one of the other gangs that plague us. M…My name is Lurana. I live here, and… and your weaponry made me nervous. If you need rest, I know of a building nearby that one of the gangs recently abandoned. I could take you there, in exchange for… your help?” Unshed tears begin to brim in her eyes, as she looks hopefully upon you. When her eyes meet Cassius’, she offers a timid smile.
((Post a roll vs. an 86% charm/impress, ladies and gents. It’s not mind control, just consider the results when role-playing your reactions.))


((OOC: Save vs 86% charm/impress: 1d100:
57
))

Icky continued to stay silent for the moment but there was no denying a little extra twinkle in his eye and a hint of a smile as he nods in her direction. So what brings such a bodacious beauty like you to a festering pile of felgercarb such as this? he can't help but think.

Zem wrote:A dark feeling dancing across the mind of Icky and Icky himself mentioning it draws Sir Zem attention over. The little Mystic Worm lets its mind quest out for the feeling or presence to try and get a feel or idea of what it is. Being present in Ickys' mind at that moment gives the little one a front row seat as it were when the warlock Marine lays eyes on the stunningly beautiful Elven lass. If worms can blush this one does so and unconsciously slipping a bit from its Sir Zem mental attitude the group can hear a, "OOOh Pretty." from the mind of the little mystic worm.


Better look away, Haggis, nothing but impure thoughts over here... Icky says to himself with a slight internal chuckle. As a general rule he didn't like telepaths snooping around in his noggin (even though it wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence when he was a slave -- or perhaps because it wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence) but for some reason he never could bring himself to object to Zem's telepathic presence in his mind -- even before the little one-eyed worm saved his life. Maybe it was because he knew that he was only able to communicate that way. Maybe because as a former slave he felt like the zembahk was somewhat of a kindred spirit. Maybe it's because he seemed to think the haggis reference was as funny as Icky did. Whatever the reason, Icky couldn't help but marvel at the ease at which he had come to accept Zem inside his head as totally natural. Well, maybe not totally natural but if felt as comfortable as anyone else talking to him.

Dark Lord wrote:Icky, meanwhile, figures the rearguard can deal with the Lurana, and concentrates on figuring out what in frak just ran through his brainpan. Metri, whose mental link has long expired, instead becomes aware of the sensation when Icky mentions it. Metri professes ignorance as to the cause, and keeps his senses trained on Lurana for the moment. Zem, meanwhile, tries rooting around in Icky’s surface thoughts and short-term memories of the sensation, but doesn’t come up with anything helpful. A similar scan of the area ((using powers of your choice, again please deduct ISP appropriately)) likewise comes up blank. Those of you who scan Lurana with psionic powers sense nothing beyond what she appears to be- an ordinary, scared woman. In desperation, Icky closes his eyes and enters his own mind, searching for clues as to what the sensation might be ((-2 ISP Icky)).


Icky's Memories wrote:As you burrow into your mind, for some reason, an extremely vivid memory of your last battle as an official warlock marine comes into mind. Raiding a black coven world with your squad mates, and crushing some very nasty witches. You can practically smell the smoke in your mind's eye despite having been wearing your armor at the time.


"Witches..." he finally mutters softly and to no one in particular. "Frellin' black coven witches. An' dey're close by." Now that he has half a clue what to look for, he once again scans his surroundings for signs of impending trouble. As his eyes light on Lurana he can't help but grimace slightly. Hope you're not mixed up with them, sweetheart. It'd be a shame to have to put holes in such a lovely example of elf flesh.

((OOC: Detect Ambush = 1d100:
1
/84%
Detect Concealment = 1d100:
73
/74%))
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Starchief » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 18:
14

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
97


Save vs Charm: 1d100:
83
/86%
Starchief gets lost mentally looking at the squalor of this level and comparing it with what Zem just explained about the magical properties of the glowing blue spheres. "Magical e-clips... Very cool." When they run into the beautiful elf, he stops with the rest of the group and thinks What the hell is she doing down here? Doesn't look like much of a reject to me... Starchief waits silently in his armored suit while the others deal with Lurana.

If the charm works: Starchief breaks his silence and removes the face plate from his armor to seem less frightening to the elfen woman in front of him. ”Well, let's hear her out Captain. What kind of help is it you're looking for?”
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Zem » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:56 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
4


Skills used:


Cassius Freedon wrote:Cass is a little shocked at the questions this Zem has. You mean... You don't know the Mythos of the Forge? The Nine Heresies!? ANYTHING!? It seems not even the Knights truly know what it is they serve. This is an interesting development... I thought for sure you'd know something but had an oath or something not to speak of it... Unless you're merely acting out that oath by pretending to know nothing.


The mental voice of Sir Zem wavers a bit in a very unknightly giggle as the littlest Knight of the Forge replies. "Zem not good fibber." As Cassius starts to explain about the heresies Zem listens with interest, finding it all fascinating and wondering if the Forge might not be many thing to many different people. The one important fact to Sir Zem is that the Forge is a force for good and is guiding its Wormy Knight to help save the innocent. To the more relaxed Zem part of the Zembahk, Zem starts to think of the Cosmic Forge and how the universe sees it as a tasty dessert. It is good but people like different types of good so people see the Forge in different ways. Yep that settles it, The Cosmic Forge is like mental Ice Cream.

Cassius Freedon wrote:[i][color=#00FFFF]I think that was a little more than he asked for, Cass. Oh, I'm sure our little knight here enjoyed his journey towards enlightenment on what it is he serves. Or you made him question what he serves, which won't go well. Nonsense, it should take more than the ramblings of a Forge Hunter to create doubts in the mind of a Knight. And just to clarify, Zem, I do want you to keep serving the Forge. The Cosmo Knights do great things for the Three Galaxies. Cassius feels a little proud of himself, being a well of knowledge on the Forge.


"Yes, Zem still serves the Forge. Zem enjoying learning about how the being of this universe see the Forge." Zem is about to continue the conversation when the elven lady appears and seems to take up most of the mental thoughts of the group.

Alison McGillis wrote:Zem, if you can hear my thought's I think the group outta spread out a bit so we're not all 'ducks in a row', ya know?


Oradro wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:"Look, we don't need any building, and we are not staying on this level." he says trying to keep his tone kind. "And while we would like to help, we simply do not have the time."


Keeping a mental ear out for for the thoughts of it's family the little zembahk hears Alision, Metri, Oradro, all the others and replies, "Zem hears you.". To the group Sir Zem says, "We are moving on. We might be able to help when later but not now. "
The gods walk among us and can be bribed with cookies!!
Zem
4 ft long, 8 lbs mystic worm.
Energy Sphere PPE: 0 / 0
PPE: 166 / 610
ISP: 546 / 600
MDC: 262 / 262
Cosmic Armor: 500 / 500
Zembahk Battle Armor: 1,000 / 1,000 (Cosmic Weapon: Slinky)
OP-Field: charges used: 2

Horror Factor (once Known to be a Cosmo-Knight): 12 (15 to evil beings)

Conditions: Telepathy, Empathy, sixth sense, see the invisible, night vision 600ft. Sense ley line: 70 miles, sense Rift: 110 miles, sense Magic in use: 100 feet, sense magic energy: 1,000 feet. Immune to heat, fire, and plasma, unless magical or psionic in nature.
Temporary effects on self: Sustain spell ( Days), Chameleon (36 minutes)

Can be heard by all in telepathic range.
Can be heard by group.
Can be heard by whom is being spoken too.
Can be heard by Zem only
Mind Blocked people hear nothing.
User avatar
Zem
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

In light of Lurana’s charms, the group is split on how to react to her. Kaius remains silent, while both Katia and Starchief state their willingness to hear her out. Icky is likewise tempted by her charms, but only manages a smile in response- the minotaur has far bigger issues on his mind. He concludes that his… premonition, for lack of a better term, is related to witches, and begins surveying the area for anything suspicious. Alison also sides with those who wish to intervene, at least at first…
OOC wrote:Icky, you detect nothing concealed in your range of vision. As for an ambush, the area has no characteristics that would make it better or worse than any other urban combat venue- there are plenty of buildings around for hostiles to hide in, and plenty of windows (boarded-up or otherwise) out of which to shoot. But there’s nothing specific to this part of Center that makes it any worse than any other part- though inside the buildings could be another matter.


Oradro, on the other hand, firmly gives the elven woman the brush-off- informing her in no uncertain terms that they do not need a place to stay, and that the team is unable to help her. Zem telepathically relays Oradro’s orders to the entire team, including Alison’s suggestion that they fan out. Cassius, meanwhile, is so caught up in his internal dialogue that he barely notices the telepathic sending. Metri’s warning, however, gets through, and so despite how much he wants to get to know the elf woman, Cassius backs away slightly and stands near Oradro, ready to follow the Seljuk’s lead.

Metri, meanwhile, claims that the woman is a destroyer of life, and that she is deceiving the team for some vile purpose. In response, Alison tightens her grip on her weapon, and begins viewing the woman in a new, suspicious light (though her advances towards Cassius might have helped some). Metri continues, informing Lurana that her tricks will not work on the team, and demanding to know her true intentions.

Lurana looks over (and up) at Metri in horror at his accusation. ”A… Destroyer of life?!?! No! It’s not possible, I’ve never, I…” Her eyes well up with tears, and she turns to the individual group members for succor, before wailing. ”Oh, it’s true! I have done something terrible, and I don’t know how to make it right!” She sobs for a few seconds, hanging pitifully onto Starchief, before continuing, all of the words coming out in a rush bearing the high-pitched edge of panic. ”They… These women… Found me in the street two days ago. DID something to me. Made me help them, I don’t know how! It was like I was in this haze the entire time. They forced me to lead them to where I lived with… with the others! When I awoke, the others were all dead, and the women were taking the children with them! All of the children! 15! They said something about a… a ritual or something. They said they were going to leave me there, to suffer for what I had done! And… and…” She trails off, lip trembling and eyes full to the brim with tears, and she wails one last time “AND THEY LAUGHED!

Lurana collapses in sobs on Starchief’s chest, and it takes her several long minutes to regain her composure. Eventually, her crying subsides, and she looks up. ”Please, sir… I don’t know what they have planned for the children, but surely it must be a foul thing indeed! You have the look of a mighty and noble warrior- I beg of you, please help me! I cannot go on living like this. I will do anything… ANYTHING” she locks eyes with the Seeronian and repeats this with a very… clear… emphasis… ”If you would only rescue them. Please!”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9:
7

JIC:1d20:
4
1d100:
18


Oradro found himself even more conflicted at hearing this additional news. Some lone woman with some obscure request for help was one thing, but this latest bit of news gave him serious pause. As did the reactions of his team. It was possible that the accusations being tossed about were misreads of the woman herself, especially if her story were true. On the surface Oradro was greatly inclined to at least now investigate further. He did however also know and trust his team. That Icky had already previously declared the presence of witches seemed to at lead some considerable weight to the woman's new story. Metri's response was likewise to be taken of note. He knew the little mystic had quite a way with him about certain things. Senses he only wished he had himself. "Metri?" he asks cautiously. He wanted to help, wanted to belive but he knew to trust his team, knew his most important goal right now was to keep them safe. Metri clearly sensed something was amiss before and arguably here it was....
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Kaius Maro » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20:
15
(+3 additional if Magic/Technology)
Just in Case: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
79

Conditions: None.

Roll vs Charm/Impress of 86%: 1d100:
53
Pass

Lore: Magic 1d100:
92
/54% Fail
To see if Kaius can think what spells may have been used to cause her "Blackout".

Kaius stands quietly when the conversation with the elf begins. Normally I'd say help the woman, but with Icky and Metri's outbursts, I'm not so sure of it. Kaius doesn't act threatening, but keeps his eyes peeled for trouble. I suppose in the end it's Oradro's call anyway and he seems to be having nothing to do with this. It does seem convenient that she suddenly has a story to tell, and not just showing us a place to stay while we deal with supposed gangs. All in all it seems her story is unraveling at the seams. I wouldn't be surprised if something bad comes of this whole mess, though I am confident that we as a group could handle whatever came for us. Kaius sighs, but stays quiet none the less.
Kaius Maro
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Starchief » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21:
17

JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
89


With his face plate being held in his right hand, the rest of the crew can see the look of surprise on Starchief's face as Lurana starts to hang on to him, tells her story and then starts crying into his chest. Moreover, her offer of doing anything in return for the crew's help while staring in to his eyes has Starchief more than a little caught off guard. Which he is not used to since having a danger sense built into him as one of his supersolider enhancements.

"I...have no words" he says as he lightly pats her back. "That is truly horrible. And you were not yourself so you cannot blame yourself. So these women have taken fifteen children you say? What did the women look like? Where can we find them? I am sure that even if we are unable to help you at this very moment for some reason..." Starchief breaks eye contact and looks over to Oradro and then back to Lurana, "That we will surely come back and assist you as soon as we are done with what we are doing. No reward necessary, ma'am. All I need you to do is get out of this level and go somewhere less...decimated."

Starchief thinks to Zem in the hopes that the telepathic communication between the group is still active. We need to help this woman. It won't take too much of our time and we'll be saving innocent children and ridding this city of the taint of these evil women.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

JIC d20: 1d20:
9
/JIC d100: 1d100:
37


This reeks of an ambush. First it's a gang, now witches, c'mon, stick with one story! But if there are children involved, we HAVE to at least look...

Alison looks to Oradro and then to Metri. I could really go for a frozen yogurt...

She considers the options and formulates a rough tactical plan. Zem, could you please pass this along? I think we should split up in case this turns out to be an ambush. Four of us break off to follow this...overly clingy...woman, and the rest to trail hidden in case we get jumped. Whoever can take a solid hit should be in the decoy team.

And sadly, me, too since I can't sneak around. Never covered in flight school! If you can Kati can fly unseen, that'll give us a huge tactical edge should we need it.


As an aside to no one in particular, Alison hopes she isn't overstepping her authority with her suggestions. But Oradro is perfectly within his right to reject her input and he knows his team
the best. She shrugs at him with a 'yeah, that's the best I got' kind of demeanour.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Metri » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:28 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18:
15

JIC: 1d20:
5
| 1d100:
26
%

"Mmmhmmm." Metri offers unhelpfully to Oradro. Realizing that it was no longer appropriate to conserve his mental energies, the Yhabbayar activates his empathy ((Empathy -4 ISP)) and stronger telepathy (Telepathy: Superior. -8 ISP)). Metri tries to confirm that her emotions match with surface thought scans of Lurana's mind.

He anticipates that if she is being truthful, she will be feeling fear with a twinge of hopefulness. And that her thoughts will be on big, strong Andra coming to her rescue and perhaps whisking her away from this dreadful life. If this is the case, Metri will tell the team, "Much fear in her I sense. But also hopeful for our aid, she is, hmm."

Alternatively, if her emotions are considerably more stoic, altogether missing, and/or her surface thoughts more cunning in nature, Metri will share, "Being deceptive, she is. Into a trap, we may walk. hmm."

Regardless of what he shares, the Yhabbayar begins growing concerned that these witches may be watching them or preparing something sinister for the Adventurers. After giving his input to the group, Metri will settle back into his bubble-blowing state, finding his meditative center and peering into their surroundings ((Psychic Omni-Sight. 500 ft range)). If something is alarming, he will share his perspective with Icky ((Share Perception. -15 ISP)).

Also regardless of whether Lurana is being truthful, Metri will mentally share with his colleagues, Whether or not Lurana is being deceptive, one thing to consider is that if the threat of these witches is real, which it seems like it may be... We may be the best hope of stopping their sinister plot for some time. Of course we must weigh this against the importance of our primary mission and what delaying it may cost. My vote would be to spring the trap in a prepared fashion and see if we can quickly prevent these witches from doing further harm to the local community.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 am

Metri senses nothing- no emotions, no surface thoughts ((-12 ISP Metri)).
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Zem » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12:
10

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
64


Skills used:
Public Speaking 65% (Mental speaking) 1d100:
84

Performance 70% (To maintain Sir Zem) 1d100:
10

Military Etiquette 50% (To not step on any toes as his talks) 1d100:
59


The littlest Knight of the Forge lets it mind listen to the thoughts and feeling of the group. A wariness from some. A need to help from others. A need to keep to the mission at hand. A suggestion to do both. Assuming Metri shares what he has found, Sir Zem hears from Metri that he can sense nothing from the woman on way or the other.

Alison McGillis wrote:She considers the options and formulates a rough tactical plan. Zem, could you please pass this along? I think we should split up in case this turns out to be an ambush. Four of us break off to follow this...overly clingy...woman, and the rest to trail hidden in case we get jumped. Whoever can take a solid hit should be in the decoy team.

And sadly, me, too since I can't sneak around. Never covered in flight school! If you can Kati can fly unseen, that'll give us a huge tactical edge should we need it.


Sir Zem listens to all before speaking. In a clear firm mental tone Sir Zem addressed the whole of the group by saying, "If there is a chance, we must help. We could not save those that the Splugorth had enslaved for we new the enemy had gone down to the planet but this we can do. Oradro I ask permission to take StarChief, Meri and Icky. Andra and Metri are best suited to seeing a trap coming, Icky has experience with dark magic users from his Warlock Marine days and I can keep us all in touch so you know whats happening."

In a private sending to Alison, Zem says "I am sorry for not inviting you along. I think this best and thank you for the idea, Zem not good with plans."
The gods walk among us and can be bribed with cookies!!
Zem
4 ft long, 8 lbs mystic worm.
Energy Sphere PPE: 0 / 0
PPE: 166 / 610
ISP: 546 / 600
MDC: 262 / 262
Cosmic Armor: 500 / 500
Zembahk Battle Armor: 1,000 / 1,000 (Cosmic Weapon: Slinky)
OP-Field: charges used: 2

Horror Factor (once Known to be a Cosmo-Knight): 12 (15 to evil beings)

Conditions: Telepathy, Empathy, sixth sense, see the invisible, night vision 600ft. Sense ley line: 70 miles, sense Rift: 110 miles, sense Magic in use: 100 feet, sense magic energy: 1,000 feet. Immune to heat, fire, and plasma, unless magical or psionic in nature.
Temporary effects on self: Sustain spell ( Days), Chameleon (36 minutes)

Can be heard by all in telepathic range.
Can be heard by group.
Can be heard by whom is being spoken too.
Can be heard by Zem only
Mind Blocked people hear nothing.
User avatar
Zem
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

JIC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
7



Conditions:
- ISP: 42/44

Icky shakes his head slightly and rolls his eyes. "Whatta revoltin' development dis is..." he mutters to himself. Meatball's gone hormonal, Boog's off in la-la land trying to work his psychic radar and we're as exposed as a bladefish filet in a sautee pan. The longer we sit here idling the bigger a target's getting painted on our backs.


Zem wrote:Sir Zem listens to all before speaking. In a clear firm mental tone Sir Zem addressed the whole of the group by saying, "If there is a chance, we must help. We could not save those that the Splugorth had enslaved for we new the enemy had gone down to the planet but this we can do. Oradro I ask permission to take StarChief, Meri and Icky. Andra and Metri are best suited to seeing a trap coming, Icky has experience with dark magic users from his Warlock Marine days and I can keep us all in touch so you know whats happening."


I knew you were going to say that, Haggis... Icky sighs slightly as he nods to Zem. "It's yer call, Cap'n..." he says to Orado. "Da plan sounds solid 'nuff, but I don't care long as we get outta 'ere."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to GM account Townsend instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 am

Zem wrote:Sir Zem listens to all before speaking. In a clear firm mental tone Sir Zem addressed the whole of the group by saying, "If there is a chance, we must help. We could not save those that the Splugorth had enslaved for we new the enemy had gone down to the planet but this we can do. Oradro I ask permission to take StarChief, Meri and Icky. Andra and Metri are best suited to seeing a trap coming, Icky has experience with dark magic users from his Warlock Marine days and I can keep us all in touch so you know whats happening."


Oradro takes Zem's desires in along with everything else being said "Well.. before we rush off I think we need to take into account what Metri is saying first. And if we do go, we go as a team. I'm not going to risk splitting up the team down here. We go together or we don't go at all. We already know that we have forces out to have us killed. We've been ambushed by Necrons and Splurgoth minions and who else knows intends to join the party." he cautions "The last thing we need is to allow them a free chance to divide and weaken us."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 12:
10

JiC: 1d100:
76
/ 1d20:
17


Cass is a little surprised at Lurana's break down. This seems... Like she's overplaying it? Well... Yeah... But at the same time, I think she's telling the truth. Then you're in luck, as it seems Oradro wants to help her. Yeah... You're still not satisfied? A couple seconds ago, you would have loved to help her. I don't know... Something about this just feels... Wrong...

Then Cass catches mention of Necrons. Did he just say... Necrons? Yes, although I'm not entirely sure what a 'necron' is. Cass knows he's heard the term before, but has no idea what it is. He thinks to check his personal database, then decides against it in this current situation.

Again, Cassius feels he is in no position to make decisions for the team.
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:10 am

After Lurana’s plea, the team remains split on what to do. While Katia glares suspiciously down on the elven woman from her perch, Metri reports his lack of any psionic sense from the woman and reiterates his suspicions that she is deceiving them. Lurana reacts merely by whimpering, pressing against Starchief, and whispering, ”I swear, sir, the green one is wrong. Please believe me- I do not deceive, and I wish only to save the children.”

What follows is a lively debate, taking place mostly within your minds, thanks to Zem’s facilitation ((-4 ISP Zem)). Oradro, as usual, is pensive- he trusts Metri’s judgment, but also Icky’s pronouncement. Every fiber of his being told him not to postpone a charge from one of the second-stage promethians, but with all of the questionable moral choices made recently, many of you are not sure you can turn a blind eye to whatever horrible fate is in store for innocent children. So Oradro waited, and allowed every team member to have their say.

Kaius remains quiet. He eyes Lurana from under his helmet, coolly picking apart her story in his mind. He doesn’t trust the woman, but is unwilling to speak against saving children, either. Cassius likewise keeps his own counsel (unless you count Janus)- his internal dialogue helping him sort out the situation. He wants to help, not least because of the potential for gratitude, but doubts continue to nag at him. Still, he too keeps them to himself. Icky, meanwhile, is as practical and action-oriented as ever- aside from a little sarcasm, he loudly defers to Oradro’s decision, merely exhorting the team leader to make one quickly, rather than continuing to remain out in the open, in the middle of a Rift level.

Starchief is the only team member who unreservedly seems to be won over by Lurana. He does his best to comfort her, and gently asks a few questions about what happened, to which Lurana responds in-between sobs. ”There were four of them. Three women and a man, all human. I… I don’t know where, exactly, but after they took the children they went that way.” She points to the southwest. ”The lines of power cross once in that direction. I’d guess they went there, or somewhere close by it. I was scrounging for food in that area when they… first found me.” She squeezes her eyes shut against the horror of the memory and starts crying again.

When Starchief raises the possibility of leaving and returning later, Lurana opens her eyes in a panic and starts trembling. ”But… what if it’s too late? The witches have already been gone for hours… I fear what could happen to the children if I don’t do something soon!” The hysterical edge is back in her voice.

The debate switches to telepathy- with Zem and Metri’s voices speaking in all of your heads, and relaying the surface thoughts of one of you to the others. Unsurprisingly, Starchief is absolutely in favor of helping Lurana, and argues convincingly that it won’t harm their mission much, and that it needs to be done. While Alison still doesn’t put much stock in Lurana’s story, she knows she can’t turn her back on innocent children, regardless of the more nefarious possibilities. She votes in favor of helping, and suggests splitting the team in case Lurana is leading them astray. Zem agrees with the assessment on both points- particularly after their inability to help splugorth slaves, saving the innocent should be a priority for the team. He even goes so far as to suggest who should go with the woman. Somewhat surprisingly, Metri also suggests helping- regardless of Lurana’s possible deception, the Yhabbayar correctly points out that the authorities on Center are unlikely to do anything about this issue, and if the mission can afford the delay a rescue would be worth doing.

After all that, Oradro is swayed. Any observer not privy to the telepathic deliberations would be surprised that he appears to reach a conclusion so abruptly, but he decides to listen to his instincts and help the children. However, Oradro is nothing if not a cautious leader. He knows their mission has made the team a target for powerful forces in the megaverse, and he knows that plenty can go wrong on Center’s lower levels. Therefore, he vetoes the suggestion of splitting the team, and orders everyone to proceed cautiously.

At the decision, Lurana clutches Starchief even tighter and gasps, ”Oh, thank you, thank you! My eternal gratitude sirs! I can take you to where the witches first found me, but please, we must hurry! Odin knows what is happening to the children in their foul clutches!”

Lurana leads you off of the roads- the cluttered, dilapidated buildings reveal several alleys leading between sections, that are perhaps less visible than the open roads. You end up going back the way you came a couple miles, and a few more west- running parallel to a ley line as you do so. Eventually, you emerge onto another intersection- the roads in all directions are clear. Before you, a particularly large open lot sits, with two ley lines intersecting in it. The area hums with magical energy, and Metri can sense supernatural evil in one of the buildings immediately to the west of the nexus.

Lurana turns to the others. ”They attacked me not half a block that way.” She points north. Turning to Starchief, she adds ”I do not wish to linger here longer than we must, sir. Bad things can frequently come from that nexus. I don’t suppose…” She looks anxious, yet hopeful ”Can you or your friends tell if the children are nearby?”

What are you doing?

((Map is updated with your current location. The walk there takes about two hours, so please cover that interval in your posts as well.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Solaris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JIC d20: 1d20:
3
/JIC d100: 1d100:
69


"So, Lurana, how many children are we looking for?"
Alison checks her rifle, makes sure the safety is off, that it's ready at a moment's notice.

Don't worry Zem, I'm not offended. But I AM a little disappointed how useless I feel without my mecha. You guys are all brimming with cosmic power and I have a peashooter. Mental sigh. Say, those necrons that were mentioned, um, are they like, machine men that reanimate? 'Cause I was having a hell of a time with my Ulthwe against them last time I was on earth.

Alison casually gets close to Oradro, taps his arm to get his attention and then taps her helmet indicating she's going to the radio.
"Captain, I gotta say, I really don't like showing our hand like this. If we can at least hide part of our strength, anyone trying to jump us would have to deal with the confusion of more numbers than they expected. Unless we're going for the whole 'we're big, we're bad, don't mess with us' vibe."

Seeing Starchief paying such close attention to the impossibly beautiful elf, Alison pokes him in the side with the butt of her rifle. She does so gently, but so that 'chief feels it through his armour. "Keep an eye out for these 'witches'. Hey, and your weapon's still on safe."

"I sure hope we can find these 12 children before something happens to them." Alison says loudly.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Katia T'Schala » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10:
5

JiC: 1d20:
8
; 1d100:
67


Something is nagging Katia the entire time they travel. ”Could someone clarify something for me? Wouldn’t someone as worried as Lurana professes to be, you know, be thinking about the children or appear to be worried when scanned using Telepathy?” Katia is brooding as they travel, jealous of how the elf woman clings to Andra and in the dusty environment those that can see alternate spectrums might notice Katia’s armor’s targeting laser lock onto the back of Lurana’s pretty little head. Every combat instinct she has (and definitely not jealousy) tells her this is an ambush and that they’d be better off eliminating the elf woman. Regardless of her feelings, Katia’s conduct is professional and she would never shoot someone without proof. She will merely content herself with being prepared to shoot their probably enemy.

Katia has kept a relaxed overwatch as they travelled, skipping from building to building as the team has travelled. Once Lurana indicates they have arrived Katia finds a good rooftop corner (probably slightly south east of the team) then drops to a prone position. Carefully scanning their surroundings with her vision (multi-optics and 5x enhanced) and her motion detector. No longer watching Lurana like a hawk she reminds the others, ”Don’t forget to watch the Lurana, don’t give her an opportunity to take us by surprise.” She immediately reports anything suspicious she sees and is ready to open fire at a moment’s notice.
Katia T'Schala
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Oradro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15:
13

JIC:1d20:
3
1d100:
13



Alison McGillis wrote:Alison casually gets close to Oradro, taps his arm to get his attention and then taps her helmet indicating she's going to the radio.
"Captain, I gotta say, I really don't like showing our hand like this. If we can at least hide part of our strength, anyone trying to jump us would have to deal with the confusion of more numbers than they expected. Unless we're going for the whole 'we're big, we're bad, don't mess with us' vibe."


Oradro keeps his peace as Alison indicates she wishes to talk, simply listening to her concerns and questions. He radios back when the time comes "The necrons are some sort of race that uses biotechnology. They do not use machines at all as far as I am aware or at least not by choice. Everything I've seen of them so far shows they use bioengineered or other species as everything from transportation to weaponry and armour. They are fairly unique in this regard but other than that I don't really know anything about them." when the second question is brought up he nods "I understand your concern, but considering the circumstances and the past issues we have run into I think it's best if we stick to the concept of safety in numbers. By now we have a reputation that has proceeded us in many cases. With any luck we won't have to completely tip our hand however."

Katia T'Schala wrote:Something is nagging Katia the entire time they travel. ”Could someone clarify something for me? Wouldn’t someone as worried as Lurana professes to be, you know, be thinking about the children or appear to be worried when scanned using Telepathy?”


To Katia's concerns Oradro is fairly prompt to reply in a manner he hopes his Lurana won't hear (such as via Zem's psionic link Yes, she should be. That she is actively hiding her thoughts indicates that she is far more than she appears and the way she was changing her story so suddenly is doubly suspicious. I fully expect this whole thing is a trap. So when she betrays us. I expect you to kill her. I expect you to deal with her. I'm telling you just kill her. No, even if she is betraying us we need to find out the truth. Honestly, you're so naive sometimes, I would have shot her and just left. And what if you were wrong? Well, that's a chance I'm willing to take, the mission is too important.But we could be saving lives! What like with the Splurgoth? How many slaves did you wind up killing then? Should have just left well enough alone and left me in charge there too, then maybe certain people would still be alive.

Dark Lord wrote:Lurana turns to the others. ”They attacked me not half a block that way.” She points north. Turning to Starchief, she adds ”I do not wish to linger here longer than we must, sir. Bad things can frequently come from that nexus. I don’t suppose…” She looks anxious, yet hopeful ”Can you or your friends tell if the children are nearby?”


"So tell me Lurana" Oradro says aloud "Why is it you waited all this time to find help? And why is it you came up with some bull story about a gang vacating a building but then it's suddenly witches. Witches with children prisoner! And then our psychics tell me they can't get a read on you, which means you are clearly hiding something. Such as the truth. The truth about you and these supposed witches of yours. I can only assume you are one of them by this point..." he raises his weapon suddenly to point towards the woman "So give me a reason. A very good reason. Why I shouldn't just blast a hole in you right now, and save having to do it in a few moments when you betray us after leading us into your trap."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Eurasia

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Cassius Freedon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

JiC: 1d100:
62
/ 1d20:
6


Cass is somewhat relieved that the group decided to help Lurana, though he can't help but feel a little on edge. Something is still bothering you. What if Metri was right, and she will kill us? Zem is a Cosmo Knight, and Oradro must be fairly powerful, given his link with the Promethians, so I doubt anything she does could kill ALL of us. That's not very reassuring... What? Didn't like the joke? Not in the mood for jokes... Oh, this really is bothering you... Look, if she's telling the truth, we save the children and we win. If she's lying and tries to kill us, we kill her and we still win. But she's so... Oh, you fancy her. I guess I'll stop my morbid musings. Thank you.

Cassius continues to follow the group relatively silently, unless Zem has more questions that Cassius would be delighted to answer if only to keep his mind occupied. When Oradro starts calling Lurana out and raises a gun to her, Cassius can't just stand by anymore. Did he just- "What are you doing!?" Cass steps kind of in front of Oradro, though not in front of the gun. Just enough to be in vision. "You can't just shoot her like that! I mean..." Cassius takes a deep breath as he thinks of what to say. "Let's say she is lying. If we shoot her, we still wouldn't know whether she was or not. If she isn't lying, you would have just killed an innocent woman. Please, Oradro, let's just see what's in the building." That was fairly well put, given the circumstances. Not now, Janus. Zem, if you can still hear me, talk some sense into him. I'm sure he'll listen to you if not me.
Cassius Freedon
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Zem » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
10
/ 1d100:
35


Skills used:
I.D. Undercover Agents 80% (On the Pretty Elven lady) 1d100:
20

Public Speaking 65% (Mental :: Talking in a clear and non Zem like manner) 1d100:
59

Performance 70% (Mental :: Holding the Sir Zem persona) 1d100:
79

Impersonation 62% ( Physical :: Zembahk appendage) 1d100:
71

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 75% 1d100:
42


Alison McGillis wrote:Don't worry Zem, I'm not offended. But I AM a little disappointed how useless I feel without my mecha. You guys are all brimming with cosmic power and I have a peashooter. Mental sigh.

"Each of us have our own skills and abilities. In truth, many here are powerful in ground combat but few of us can go into the void an fight. The DSM has come under attack by fighters more then a few times and we were hard pressed to be able to defend her. When that time comes it is you that will be you briming with the blasting and flying goodniess. Plus your mecha is so Shinny!"

Katia T'Schala wrote:”Could someone clarify something for me? Wouldn’t someone as worried as Lurana professes to be, you know, be thinking about the children or appear to be worried when scanned using Telepathy?”

Hearing he question Sir Zem answers, "We should sense something of her thoughts. But with nothing being sensed I think it is likely is blocking her own mind. Weather it is intentional is a matter for debate. Some being minds lock up if you try to look at them. like a natural defense. It is possible she doesn't know she is.'"

Sir Zem listens as the group talks among themselves either normally or by Zem bouncing messages messages from mind to mind. With The little knight of the forge will look over the elves aura as they walk to get any more understanding of her that can be gained. ((See Aura -6 ISP)) As they continue Sir Zem watches Oradro raise his weapon at the elven woman and asks her a few question. Over the past month or two, "Could it really be that so little time as passed" Zem thinks to itself, as it listens to the multiple aspects of Oradro. Over the last two months Zem has gotten use to the aspects of Oradro and has yet to see the hard one take control outside of when the blood and plasma was flying. The littlest knight of the Forge was worried for a moment before its vast wormy intellect but more importantly its feels told him Oradro would not kill the woman without more reason then suspicion. Thinking it out Sir Zem sorts it all out in his head, "Well Oradro might shoot her, but Oradro will talk him out of doing that if it come down to it,"

Then Cassius steps within sight of Oradro and starts trying to talk him out of shooting the woman and calling on aid from the other to help calm Oradro. It's mind having already solved this ethical quandary, Zem speaks quickly but firmly to Cassius, Mentally saying, "Cassius, Oradro is not going to shoot her unless she is truly evil of working for it of her own will. Fear can be a motivator to tell the truth. A knight would not be lead be a cold blooded killer. Please be at ease.

Starchief if she seeks your protection please be kind but insist she answer."
As the group moves on Zem will keep on alert and trust his sixth sense to warn of danger to the group. Zem mentally prepares to cover the bulk of the group in a TK-force field in case of attack. Focusing on the lower armored members of the group first.
The gods walk among us and can be bribed with cookies!!
Zem
4 ft long, 8 lbs mystic worm.
Energy Sphere PPE: 0 / 0
PPE: 166 / 610
ISP: 546 / 600
MDC: 262 / 262
Cosmic Armor: 500 / 500
Zembahk Battle Armor: 1,000 / 1,000 (Cosmic Weapon: Slinky)
OP-Field: charges used: 2

Horror Factor (once Known to be a Cosmo-Knight): 12 (15 to evil beings)

Conditions: Telepathy, Empathy, sixth sense, see the invisible, night vision 600ft. Sense ley line: 70 miles, sense Rift: 110 miles, sense Magic in use: 100 feet, sense magic energy: 1,000 feet. Immune to heat, fire, and plasma, unless magical or psionic in nature.
Temporary effects on self: Sustain spell ( Days), Chameleon (36 minutes)

Can be heard by all in telepathic range.
Can be heard by group.
Can be heard by whom is being spoken too.
Can be heard by Zem only
Mind Blocked people hear nothing.
User avatar
Zem
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Kaius Maro » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
(+3 additional if Magic or tech related)
Just in Case: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
38

Conditions: None.

Kaius sighs as Oradro decides to look into the situation. Two convoluted stories, by a woman whom seems out of place. Two options really come to mind, the first is that this is a strange coincidence of the time. The other is that this is a trap... Either option in this case is dangerous, but knowing this; it is actually safer to just spring the trap. Kaius thumbs the safety holding his pistol in it's holster and gives the whole gun a jiggle to make sure it's loose in the holster. Kiaus clears his mind and using techniques honed over the years as a Techno-Wizard erects a wall around his mind. (Mind Block 4 I.S.P.; Duration: 40 minutes; +1 vs. Psychic Attacks). Kaius pulls out a pair of tinted goggles and whispers the words to minor incantation over them before putting them on. (See the invisible 4 P.P.E.; Duration: 4 minutes) Kaius then grabs his helmet and whispers a slightly more powerful incantation over it, before placing the helmet over his head. (Breathe without Air 5 P.P.E.; Duration: 12 minutes) Feeling confident he can work other magics on the fly, Kaius stops there, following the group to their destination.
Kaius Maro
 

Re: [GA] The Rift Levels (11-12)

Postby Starchief » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10:
6

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
75


Surprised at Oradro's move, Starchief forgets that he's connected mentally to everyone and has trouble communicating in the proper manner. He ends up switching between verbal and mental speak until he figures it out.Has he lost his..."Have you..." Have you lost your mind, Captain?! Are you threatening an innocent elf who as of yet has done no wrong?
Starchief is about to take a step in front of the captain's weapon when Cassius does so instead. He hears Zem's words and calms down a bit. He takes a step back, turns to Lurana and says "Please. Answer the man. It's the only way we can help you. Without his approval, you don't have our approval." Starchief steps back again and looks around at the group. He thinks through the group telepathic net, I hope you all know what you're doing. He puts his visor on and waits for a response.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Next

Return to Dead Planets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest