[GA] OOC Chat

Who you gonna call?
GM: Dark Lord
AGM: Dime Store Magic

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] OOC Chat

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:01 am

Conduct your OOC chatter here.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Re: [GA] OOC Chat

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:15 am

1) As you may have noticed, we were due for a refresh of the OOC chat thread. I'll leave the old one up for a couple of days in case there is anything there that you guys want to save.

2) Please review the updated Mall guidelines. They've been revised in response to a lot of the recent discussions in this forum, in my devout hope that they will make for a more organized and pleasant shopping experience for all involved.

Effective immediately, DSM and I will only respond to price checks or requests for availability anywhere outside the mall. No PMs, no requests in this thread or elsewhere in this forum. Feel free to discuss your purchases among yourselves here, but the interface between shopping requests and the official GM response now occurs in exactly one place.

If you want to try and make a case for some non-standard modifications, you are welcome to make another attempt in the Mall (I'm not making any promises though). Just come armed with precedents, and make things easy as possible for us. However, I've already noted that the NE special modules are only available for that particular suit of armor- I'm not budging on that one. Solaris, don't think me unsympathetic to your desire to go all FemShep with your character. But the best I can recommend is you look through the books for some example of retractable blades that can be added to any EBA (IIRC Kesslan may have found one example in Juicer Uprising), and couple that with an example energy blade sold in some of the other books. Aliens Unlimited has examples of the latter, and may even include rules for adding them to armor.
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm

OOC thread pruned!
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 pm

In the house rules section, there have been changes to a few powers. Looking at Solaris and StarChief, they each have an affect power:

Super Power Corrections & Errata

26-31: Gravity Manipulation (HU2)
Increase Gravity:
    When Increase Gravity is used on a mobile target, it requires a roll with a flat bonus of +2 to strike.
    Area Affected: Self, one area of 20 feet in radius, or one person or object of up to 500 pounds + 100 pounds per level.
    When used on a single, living opponent:
    • Normal P.S.: -6 to all combat rolls, reduces speed to 1, and number of physical APM to 1.
    • Augmented/Extraordinary P.S.: -4 to all combat rolls, reduces speed by 3/4, and number of physical APM by 2.
    • Robotic/Superhuman P.S.: -3 to all combat rolls, reduces speed by 1/2, and number of physical APM by 1/2.
    • Supernatural P.S.: -2 to all combat rolls, reduces speed by 1/4, and number of physical APM by 1.
    Characters with Gravity Manipulation or Weightlessness are immune to the effects of this sub-power, as are intangible characters, energy beings and those in gas/most/smoke form.
    In all cases, psionic powers and other abilities that don't require physical movement are unaffected by this power.

41-48: Danger Sense (PU1)
Disregard the bonus to M.E. and increase the initiative bonus to +3.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Solaris » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 am

Wow. Just, wow.

I can tell when I'm not wanted.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
Solaris

Postby The Bos » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:53 am

Solaris wrote:Wow. Just, wow.

It's a conspiracy, dad gummit!
The Bos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 am

Solaris wrote:Wow. Just, wow.

For the record- more than one person in the group's hangout believes that Solaris is the only reason more of their character's aren't dead. :)
I don't blame you for being annoyed by the ruling. Firstly, I'd like to encourage you to weigh in in the discussion thread if you are so inclined.
Second- it's not clear to me if these changes are 'live' yet. At a minimum, I plan on doing my next GM post using the same rules we have been for gravity manipulation. After that, I'm going to play it by ear, but you and everyone else can rest assured that nobody's going to get screwed over by changing the rules for a super power in the middle of a fight.
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Solaris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Thanks, Dark Lord. Yeah, I'm not terribly pleased. Good to know that I'm viewed as handy by my fellow Galactic Adventurers though! :)

I'm not sure what I can contribute to the discussion thread; I don't see anything in there regarding the Gravity Manipulation power, and I'm not on Hangouts, so this completely blindsided me. Was there some reason given for the changes? Afaik, they'd only effect Solaris (and possibly NPCs I'm not aware of). I'm trying to think of reasons against such a drastic change without sounding too irrational...
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Solaris wrote:Thanks, Dark Lord. Yeah, I'm not terribly pleased. Good to know that I'm viewed as handy by my fellow Galactic Adventurers though! :)

I'm not sure what I can contribute to the discussion thread; I don't see anything in there regarding the Gravity Manipulation power, and I'm not on Hangouts, so this completely blindsided me. Was there some reason given for the changes? Afaik, they'd only effect Solaris (and possibly NPCs I'm not aware of). I'm trying to think of reasons against such a drastic change without sounding too irrational...

There appear to be a number of powers that were adjusted without any sort of public discussion here on the boards (and I wasn't a decision maker in the process either). In general, specific abilities were adjusted to make them consistent with other powers (for example one alter physical structure offered a regeneration rate, but another power did not), or to prevent a power from being an outright "I WIN" button when there is no ability to resist or avoid the effect.

Objectively, I can see that the Increase Gravity ability could be less effective based on the character's strength for game balance and/or the character should be able to dodge out of the field. But I also would think in real life that the ability to induce a 50 G field on someone should cause most people to outright fall unconscious as all of their blood is drawn away from the brain regardless of strength - so the counter should be some sort of P.E. save.

A tarnished silver lining: The changes do cut both ways, so if an NPC has the power it will have to follow the same rules so PCs will benefit.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:49 pm

It's part of a comprehensive, site-wide project on all super powers. I wasn't involved, but I must admit some sympathy for the game balance concerns. I don't believe for a moment that any specific character(s) were in mind with this. Like DSM said, being on hangouts wouldn't have made it any less surprising.
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Solaris » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Well, I understand the aspect of game balance. Although, not only is a strike roll being added (understandably) but also the effects against stronger opponents are being incredibly reduced.

I don't see it as anywhere close to an "auto-win", even using the power as written. There are opponents who can teleport, go intangible, use mind control, or even stay out of the 200' range. And that's just off the top of my head.

Compared to something like Carpet of Adhesion, which virtually every spellcaster on the site has, and can be cast multiple times AND still has an effect for a while even if you save, I don't see Gravity Manipulation as being nearly as bad/broken/needs to be nerfed.

But of course, I'm biased. :x
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:19 am

Solaris wrote:Well, I understand the aspect of game balance. Although, not only is a strike roll being added (understandably) but also the effects against stronger opponents are being incredibly reduced.

Goldie, we could so use you on Hangouts. Just sayin'. :D

I'm in full agreement with you on this, FWIW. The strike roll is a logical addition -- especially when focusing on a single target -- but the reduction of effects is absurdly nerfed. You could focus on Halthhag at full strength and he *might* notice enough to flinch.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:17 am

Solaris, I think you're absolutely right.
I'd like to invite everyone to comment on the proposals I've submitted to be more even handed in 'correcting' certain imbalanced powers.
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Solaris » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 am

Thanks Icky, Dark Lord. I'm not sure I have much to add to the discussion, but I appreciate the support.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:02 am

After a couple of months, I've completed a massive reedit of the Yayamama Pantheon on my character sheet here. It's quite thorough in outlining the pantheon and the worlds they govern. Hopefully it makes sense, and if anyone has any questions or suggestions for edits feel free to DM me your thoughts and ideas. I might go back and add more gods in the future, but otherwise, hopefully I have finished tinkering with my character's background
M.D.C.: 250/250
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 55/69
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing cargo pants and action sandals. He keeps a tank top in one of the pockets of his pants in case someone is going to enforce a dress code.

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs in one of the pockets of his cargo pants.

All other items are stored on the Dime Store Magic
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:34 am

Juan Echo wrote:After a couple of months, I've completed a massive reedit of the Yayamama Pantheon on my character sheet here. It's quite thorough in outlining the pantheon and the worlds they govern. Hopefully it makes sense, and if anyone has any questions or suggestions for edits feel free to DM me your thoughts and ideas. I might go back and add more gods in the future, but otherwise, hopefully I have finished tinkering with my character's background
'

Fun read, chuckled at "deeply unpleasant" and "a real piece of work". While Urqos may be many races, maybe the next project is to define the Urqos of Yaya and Mama. Is it the case that deities can be born spontaneously from two Urqos, which is why the pantheon is so huge?
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:43 pm

My thought is that the demographically the Urqos of the Yayamama system is a lot like other parts of the Three Galaxies, a lot of humans, some wolfen and noro, maybe even some draconids, along with the random other alien species. The Urqos are whoever came with the Yayamama to the star system along with anyone that gets stranded there. Culture would be ad hoc and hyper local. If I were to write about that it would be even more sprawling I think. Tho, something I could expand upon later if I'm bored.

As for the number of gods, I've been reading Journey to the West and you notice that there are a lot of local gods in Daoism (for respective mountains, rivers, cities, etc.). In the Yayamama the gods reproduce amonst themselves and raise their children according to planetary customs. If there was a Yayamama - Urqos pairing it would likely produce demigods.
M.D.C.: 250/250
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 55/69
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing cargo pants and action sandals. He keeps a tank top in one of the pockets of his pants in case someone is going to enforce a dress code.

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs in one of the pockets of his cargo pants.

All other items are stored on the Dime Store Magic
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Solaris » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 am

Just fyi, I've posted on the tracker as I'll be on vaca for about a week and a half. ;)
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 am

2 million credits added to the equipment sheets of Chef Icky, Juan Echo, Metri, Solaris, and Starchief. This is the payout for the 50 million given by Thraxus for stopping Cormal. The rest is in the group fund. Sorrenson to be paid out of the Rogues' payout.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Return to Galactic Adventurers (6 Players, 2 openings)