National Park & Botanical Gardens (27) Bounty Hunt

Moderator: Augur

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Bran » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Kat wrote:"Well, we'll have all the info we need soon," Kat nods to Bran "and the paperwork for you too. It'll cost a total of 6 grand. I can have the bulk of it if I liquidate my CD collection, if need be, but you both will owe me big."

Kat addresses Bran. "I can even tell you what my price for this will be. How are you with spinal replacements?" After waiting for his answer (assuming its positive) Kat pushes her sunglasses so the cover her eyes, and explains why. "My mother's needed a new one since the Greenskins killed my dad and crippled her in a drive-by. I've been saving up for it for a while, but the Marketeers tried to fuck me on a deal, and ever since I've been worried about takin' that long dirt nap before I get far enough ahead."

Looking to Iacchus, Kat continues. "Your price will be looking after my kid brother and making sure he gets a good education at the Headhunter Academy."

"As long as that is copacetic to the both of you, you have yourself a street hustler on retainer until I die or I've payed my dues to your satisfaction."


Perc: 20+2 =22
Jic: 68%
Transplants 35% : 58%(had this been successful I would have had a spinal cord on hand)

Bran instantly feels his blood start pumping at the idea of a spinal replacement. His fingers start flexing almost uncontrollably as he starts mentally categorizing the steps involved with such an intense and complicated procedure. Bran suddenly looks around and realizes that he had slipped into a world of his own thinking about performing a surgery after such a dry spell. He looks to Kat and answers her question, "I would have no trouble performing the surgery. However, I would need a well equipped operating room. I don't currently have have a spinal cord that would be an acceptable fit for your mother. I do have a way of obtaining one though" Bran stops to look at everyone in the group expecting stares and questions about his last comment. He speaks up again trying to explain, "Please don't think I am sadistic but all Posluzniks have a way of storing limbs and organs for later transplants. I am no exception as I keep my own collection in the storage containers in my jeep." Bran stops and looks around hoping he will still be apart of this group now that they know his little secret.

Bran hesitates slightly thinking about how much he should let them know about himself, "Well, they know I keep organs and limbs in my jeep I may as well let them in on how I get those organs." Bran takes a very serious tone as he looks back to Kat, "You should know up front, all of you that is, that I like other Posluzniks attain transplant limbs and organs by harvesting them from those that have passed and no longer have use of them." Bran stops quickly but quickly adds, "With permission from their next of kin of course."

Bran finishes his speech and waits a few seconds for any comments or questions about these issues. When and if everyone is satisfied Bran will finish his conversation with Kat, "So as long as we can get our hands on the materials we need I will perform the surgery immediately."
Bran
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Absconder » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 am

Alexander walks ahead of the others. He enters into the glade and meanders over to the other side where another group of trees are. The others are spread out a bit with Loriana on one side and Raekshi and Dreakon together on the other. Alexander remains alert but at the same time starts to slip into a feeling of boredom thinking this creature is never going to come out. The juicer starts thinking about entering into a tough almost impossible fight where he is up against insurmountable odds, heavily outnumbered and out matched. Just when he sees the final blow coming down upon him his intuitive sense tingles and he snaps out of his daydream. He looks up at the group of trees and instinctively puts his hands out above his head just as a nasty vaguely feline-like foe becomes visible midair and jumps right onto Alexander's front. Bine swipes Alexander's arms to the side before his body impacts into Alexanders. Alexander's strength is greater than Bine expected and his arms are moved to the side less than Bine would have hoped. Bine uses claw swipes focused on the tubes flowing around Alexander's body, curious to see what happens when the tubes are severed.

Loriana is the first to act as she swoops in a little closer and lets energy expel from her body arcing into the creature. The energy dissipates over an invisible barrier as Raekshi moves in closer and Dreakon pulls his weapon level for a shot. Alexander turns into the creature but Bine proves he is prepared and perhaps even more agile than Alexander as he uses Alexander's own momentum and swishes around to the side underneath Alexander's field of vision and positions himself right behind Alexander just as Dreakon discharges his foam dispenser covering Bine and Alexander's bodies.

A look passes over Alexander's face. It is hard to place the look since none of the others know the juicer but for a second it seems to be a look of fear. Bine can be seen wriggling behind Alexander and Alexander is doing his own shaking and whipping back and forth. The look quickly passes from Alexander's face as a look of determination replaces it. The two combatants have been plastered together body against body with Bine right on Alexander's back.

(I'm going to stop here. We are only a couple actions into the melee but I felt that things have changed a good bit and thought it'd be good to give you all a chance to alter your actions a bit. This will likely only take one more melee's worth of posts to finish this combat up. The guy is captured but the problem is Alexander is captured as well and Bine is behind Alexander. In your next post put a full melee's worth of actions. I hope everyone has a strong stomach.)
Absconder
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dreakon Vanes » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Dreakon is astonished by the sheer power of the monster as it tore into Alexander with such ruthless brutality and the ability of them both to still be moving underneath the foam concrete as it dries. Dreakon moves in quickly to try and disable this beast before it manages to break free of the Foam-crete holding it against Alexander body. He takes aim with his secondary laser weapon and attempts to stop the beast completely. He fires.

((OOC: I had a much better post written but the browser glitched and I lost it. It is late so I had to sum up to get to bed. I am so aggravated by it.))

Initiative: 19+2=21
APM: 7
Perception: 6+2=8
JIC: 15, 19, 6%, 24%
Conditions: In power armor.

1. Used in movement
2. Stun Laser: 5+6=11 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
3. Stun Laser: 14+6=20 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
4. Stun Laser:6 +6=12 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
5. Stun Laser: 14+6=20 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
6. Stun Laser: 9+6=15 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
7. Stun Laser: 17+6=23 Dmg: Stun See weapon description



Auto-Parry= 19, Natural 20, 7, 1, 6, Nat 20, 1 (+12)= 31, 32 (Nat 20), 19, 13, 18, 32 (Nat 20), 13

Dodge= 5, 17, 18, 13, 14, 4, 15 (+12)= 17, 29, 30, 25, 26, 16, 27
Dreakon Vanes
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby The Black Market » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:07 am

Closing his phone wile walking up to you, the young man stops about ten feet away. “Ok folks, good news. The guy your looking for, he hangs out in a place called Firewaters, a place out in the Warrens. Seems to be his nightly watering hole. As for the paper work, should be ready by this time tomorrow, we’ll call when its ready. Now for payment.” Taking the 1,500 credit down payment in whatever you provide, he stashes it away, whistles to his dog, and walks out of the park.
The Black Market
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Loriana » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Absconder wrote:Alexander walks ahead of the others. He enters into the glade and meanders over to the other side where another group of trees are. The others are spread out a bit with Loriana on one side and Raekshi and Dreakon together on the other. Alexander remains alert but at the same time starts to slip into a feeling of boredom thinking this creature is never going to come out. The juicer starts thinking about entering into a tough almost impossible fight where he is up against insurmountable odds, heavily outnumbered and out matched. Just when he sees the final blow coming down upon him his intuitive sense tingles and he snaps out of his daydream. He looks up at the group of trees and instinctively puts his hands out above his head just as a nasty vaguely feline-like foe becomes visible midair and jumps right onto Alexander's front. Bine swipes Alexander's arms to the side before his body impacts into Alexanders. Alexander's strength is greater than Bine expected and his arms are moved to the side less than Bine would have hoped. Bine uses claw swipes focused on the tubes flowing around Alexander's body, curious to see what happens when the tubes are severed.

Loriana is the first to act as she swoops in a little closer and lets energy expel from her body arcing into the creature. The energy dissipates over an invisible barrier as Raekshi moves in closer and Dreakon pulls his weapon level for a shot. Alexander turns into the creature but Bine proves he is prepared and perhaps even more agile than Alexander as he uses Alexander's own momentum and swishes around to the side underneath Alexander's field of vision and positions himself right behind Alexander just as Dreakon discharges his foam dispenser covering Bine and Alexander's bodies.

A look passes over Alexander's face. It is hard to place the look since none of the others know the juicer but for a second it seems to be a look of fear. Bine can be seen wriggling behind Alexander and Alexander is doing his own shaking and whipping back and forth. The look quickly passes from Alexander's face as a look of determination replaces it. The two combatants have been plastered together body against body with Bine right on Alexander's back.

(I'm going to stop here. We are only a couple actions into the melee but I felt that things have changed a good bit and thought it'd be good to give you all a chance to alter your actions a bit. This will likely only take one more melee's worth of posts to finish this combat up. The guy is captured but the problem is Alexander is captured as well and Bine is behind Alexander. In your next post put a full melee's worth of actions. I hope everyone has a strong stomach.)


Perception: 14+4=18
JIC: 9; 19%

Still hovering slightly off the ground, Loriana narrows her eyes as she sees her electrical blasts do nothing. A force field? It can't last forever! she thinks to herself as she maneuvers for more blasts to the feline.

APM: 8 (+2 with tail if it is in melee range)
Initiative: 19+6=25
Action 1: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 14+3=17 Damage: 22 MD
Action 2: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 13+3=16 Damage: 26 MD
Action 3: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 11+3=14 Damage: 12 MD
Action 4: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 15+3=18 Damage: 23 MD
Action 4: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 5+3=8 Damage: 26 MD
Action 5: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 10+3=13 Damage: 23 MD
Action 6: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 19+3=22 Damage: 24 MD
Action 7: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 20(natural)+3=23 Damage: 30x2=60 MD
Action 8: Energy Expulsion: Electricity Strike: 9+3=12 Damage: 26 MD
Loriana
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Kat Porter » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 am

Perception: 4+3=7
JIC: 1 ( :( ) 18%

Steetwise 29/51% PASS

"I'm glad we have an accord. And that I don't have to liquidate my entire music collection to pay for it. And I'll keep my eye open for a human who doesn't need thier spine anymore."

Kat finishes her 40 as the Marketeer moves up.

Kat's face brightens. "Firewaters is in my neck of the woods." Kat pulls out her two unsecured cards and passes them to the marketeer. "Its a little extra, but here ya go. You get the balance when we get the papers."

After the Marketeer leaves, Kat tosses her bottle into the trash can. "Ya'll up for a trip back to the Warrens?"

(OOC: total of 1765)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:24 am

Per: 11
JIC: 1, 9, 17, 43%, 87%, 56%

The Black Market wrote:Closing his phone wile walking up to you, the young man stops about ten feet away. “Ok folks, good news. The guy your looking for, he hangs out in a place called Firewaters, a place out in the Warrens. Seems to be his nightly watering hole. As for the paper work, should be ready by this time tomorrow, we’ll call when its ready. Now for payment.” Taking the 1,500 credit down payment in whatever you provide, he stashes it away, whistles to his dog, and walks out of the park.


Iacchus nods as the man gives them the name of the night club. "It was a pleasure doing business with you, sir. Please don't forget...not a word to anyone. If you are pressed come to us first."

Iacchus turns to Kat with a smile as he walks back to where he set down his pony keg and pizza, "Nice job. I like working with people who have a passion for excellence...who do their job well and strive to be better. You seem like that kinda gal to me." Turning to the others, he calls out a little louder, "He he. Well, let's celebrate by finishing off the booze and pizza before we head back to the Warrens. What do you say?" Back at the table, Iacchus hefts up the pony keg and takes a few long swallows, draining to about 1/4 full. He sets it down on the table, drops to a knee, and before taking another bite of pizza addresses Bran, "Heh. Limbs and organs, huh? Wow. Freaky deeky. I'd like to see it believe it or not. I'm not too tender hearted to enjoy such a curiosity." He looks around at each of his new companions as he continues, "Don't worry. I'm not some sort of crazy who gets off on marveling at the dead. It's just...well, you have to admit it's interesting." Iacchus, oblivious to how disgusting the conversation may seem to others while eating, then picks up a whole pizza in his hand and takes off half of it in one giant bite.

(OOC: I talked to Black Market. This post he gave was a sort of exit post for now, but we both wanted to leave it open to maybe pursue later. Obviously, we don't have a compelling reason IC to back off the search. However, I talked to Absconder. He's working something out. For now, we need to hang out and role-play our lunch and conversation. Then, we'll probably have a short hiatus to take care of in-town business before we start the next thing. Also, check out the group thread about location of HQ.)
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:44 am

Init: 7+5=12
Per: 5+1=6
Jic: 15, 100% (lets just hope I don't need that one)

Blake strolls along the park's paths, trying to relax a bit. It's been a rough time lately, the run ins in the south had taken there toll on Gannon and my wallets. Then there was that brilliant idea to form a group, so we could hand pick the members and get some big money. Blake makes a slight chuckle at this thought. Still today's been looking up, I still remember how to fly the jet pack with a bit of flair, and I've recouped my losses with Armored Corps. Yea that was a good bit of luck with Steve. Still, I wonder if that was Gannons doing, and that Naruni guy is just pulling a fast one. I guess it really doesn't matter, we never agreed on a fee for that little favor anyway.

While lost in thought, and the majesty of the park grounds, Blake completely misses the sounds of battle from the next rise. Cresting the hill he is struck with a bit of a distracting sight. there is a mass of arms and legs, with some sort of foamy substance combining it, It looks like it might have been two beings at one point. Then there is this female thing hurling bolts of lighting from her hands at the mangled being. only pausing for a moment, Is she like me able to control an element to her will? But his thought is abruptly interrupted by a magnificent sight. A suit of Alien power armor is hurtling energy pulses at the foamed being as well. Having just came from them showroom, It's smooth lines and contrasting patterns suggest it was a Naruni make.

Not knowing What side is doing what Blake observes the combat unfold, However to ensure a stray blast doesn't vaporize him he activates his Psychic Body Field.
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Raekshi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

OOC: Havent been able to talk to Absconder so going to proceed on alot of assumptions on my part and hope I dont get into trouble.

Initiative: 19
APM: 6/7
Perception: 15
JIC: 11

Pre-existing Conditions: Sense Evil, See Invisible, Sixth sense active

Raekshi spins as draws both of her plasma weapons as she sees the feline figure come out of the trees. With Bine behind Alexander and hidden from her sight, she darts down the incline moving towards Alexander and circling at the same time. Once she is in a full line of sight with Bine, she will take careful aim for it's head so as to not hit Alexander. She shouts at Alexander.

"STOP MOVING YOUR ARMS SO WE CAN GET A CLEAR SHOT."

Realizing that Bine is literally stuck to Alexander and cant move and can only attack Alexander, she circles in closer, but not close enough to get hit by Lorianna and by Dreakon. Seeing Dreakon is trying to stun it and Lori is hitting it with electrical charges, she lowers her weapons.
Then she calls out to Bine loudly.

"STOP STRUGGLING AND WE WILL STOP!...[more forceful now]...STOP STRUGGLING OR YOU WILL DIE."

She will hold her fire awaiting an answer from Bine:

Actions:

1. Draw weapons and move on a dead run circling to Alexanders left to get a clear view of Bine

2. Draw weapons and move on a dead run circling to Alexanders left to get a clear view of Bine

3. Dodge: If somehow Bine can launch an attack. [Roll: 17 + 11 = 28]

4. Lowering her weapons and speaking to Bine twice

5. If Bine stops struggling and attacking Alexander, she will wave off Dreakon and Lorianna. If not, she will take an aimed shot with both of her
Plasma revolvers.

[Roll to hit head/same target with both weapons: 15 + 8 = 23 Damage: 1D4 x 10 = 30 MDC Damage: 20 MDC]

6. Continues with previous action.

7. (extra action per sharpshooting pistols) Dodge: 14 + 11 = 25

If Bine stops and she is successful in waving off Dreakon and Lorianna, she will immediately call the people that sent them out for the bounty and report they have captured Bine alive and to come and collect him.
Raekshi
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dakota » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Dakota frowns as her questions keep going unanswered and stays quiet for the moment as she stands next to Bran and Kat. She takes another swig off her waterskin and caps it then waits to see what is going to happen next.

"They seem caught up with this person and have forgotten about me. I wonder what is so important about this person?"
Dakota
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:15 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat looks over to Dakota, a slightly confused look on her face.

"What? Sorry I missed that, talking to the rep." If Dakota repeats her statement about the credsticks, Kat laughs. "You don't even know the half of it. Credits make the world spin round. I understand boredom though, its a real problem. Stick with us, Dakota. I have a feeling life just got un-boring."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 am

"Speaking of credits, I don't know about you guys, but I'm anxious to start earning some. I definitely want to get my hands around the neck of the guy who ripped me off at the gates, but even that was originally about losing the credits...and the payoff for that is not nearly big enough to put off the big paydays we could get through contracts as a group. We have quite a few hours yet before the nightclubs get bumpin' anyway so I don't think this fella' we're lookin' for would be there now. Why don't we go ahead and start advertising ourselves, and rent a few rooms at an inn where people can call on us for job offers. While Kat was talking to our snitch on the bench, I had a thought for a title to our operation. What do you guys think about the name, "Paragon?" You know...to kind of express our commitment to excellence and our rare ability to get any job done. What do you guys think? I've had some other thoughts about a manifesto we could have written out. I'll work on it tonight wherever we decide to bed down."

Assuming no one disputes the plan, Iacchus looks to Kat, "You know any places with a room at least big enough for me to lie down on the floor? and where do we start with making ourselves known around here? I have a few things to take care of in the Mystic Quarter so after we put our name in on the job hunt, we can all go our separate ways for a bit and meet up back at the inn to regroup and head back out once the night life gets cranked up."

(OOC: Let's move on this. We've been spinning our wheels for a while now. I know Drake is almost finished with his thing here in the park, but I think we should go ahead and move. If we go to the JMC we can role-play meeting anyone and everyone there. Even if we finish up at the JMC before anyone else can get there, we can role-play meeting them at the inn.)
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Bran » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:10 am

Iac wrote:Assuming no one disputes the plan, Iacchus looks to Kat, "You know any places with a room at least big enough for me to lie down on the floor? and where do we start with making ourselves known around here? I have a few things to take care of in the Mystic Quarter so after we put our name in on the job hunt, we can all go our separate ways for a bit and meet up back at the inn to regroup and head back out once the night life gets cranked up."

(OOC: Let's move on this. We've been spinning our wheels for a while now. I know Drake is almost finished with his thing here in the park, but I think we should go ahead and move. If we go to the JMC we can role-play meeting anyone and everyone there.)


Bran nods and points at Iac after he finishes speaking. "You've got the idea there big guy. I really need to start saving up. I'm tired of living on scraps and with the skills we have in this group we should really start cashing in."

He then turns to Kat and says, "You got any idea when we could have everything in place for the surgery you need from me? I can probably visit the hospital to find a suitable spine, or maybe you would be interested in purchasing a synthetic one?"
Bran
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Absconder » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Despite anything else Alexander continues squirming as his facial expression changes from determined back to another contorted visage of pure fear. The sort of look one would only see on the face of someone expecting death the next second. Bine continues thrashing about as well, less stuck than Alexander in the quick drying concrete but blessed to have been behind Alexander when the concrete impacted the duo. Something about Bine's thrashing shows intent and purpose, juxtaposed against Alexander's seemingly wild squirming movements.

Alexander yells through partially gritted teeth, "He's tearing through me! Get him off my back!"

Lorianna, quick as ever, is the first to act. The heroine risks damage to the juicer as she continues to hurl electrical strikes at Bine's head and shoulders. The damage she does combined with the damage from Raekshi quickly breaks down the mystical barrier protecting Bine. The felinoid further portrays his fierce determination as he grits through the pain and continues his assault on Alexander's back.

Drake fires several stun blasts at Bine with the first one hitting the concrete surrounding the foe and the second one dissipating, seemingly to no effect, over Bine's mystical protective covering. By the time Drake's fourth shot hits Bine his magical barrier has been busted by Raekshi and Lorianna and the effects of the stun blast are apparent although perhaps a little less effective than hoped. Bine seems to resist the effects of the stun. Drake can tell his fifth and sixth shots do slow the creature down as the stuns effects take hold of the creature. Bine seems to be getting lethargic but he continues his assault albeit slower and with less power. The creature seems to be trying to fight off the stuns effects.

Raekshi takes a different approach from the others and decides to approach closer and get a better line of sight with Bine. Her pleading with the creature has no results, and judging by Bine's continued thrashing, he continues his assault on Alexander's back. The only change of Bine's actions comes about when Drake's stun shots hit the creature in the head. It doesn't stop him but it slows him down.

*******************************************************

Blake wanders around the park and happens upon a strange scene among the peaceful surroundings of the rest of the park. The psychic crests a hill and sees a glob of concrete covering an large human. The giant of a man is apparently trapped in the concrete and is being surrounded by three armed mercenary types. The man in the concrete, audible for Blake, yells "He's tearing through me! Get him off my back!" Two of the mercenaries appear to be firing at the guy in the glob while the other is approaching closer. Something doesn't seem right here.
Absconder
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dreakon Vanes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Dreakon is terrified. He is watching someone get torn up alive and he is the cause. Or so he believes exactly at this moment. It would be years from now before he may realize that it wasn’t directly his fault that the feline saw his attack coming and evaded it by using his ally as cover. Shit happens. But right now he is convinced that he is at fault.
Dreakon is frantic. He can’t bring himself to aim his next assault on the beast. The man’s desperate yells to get the beast off him shake him up badly. He yells in frustration through his armors speakers an unintelligible roar and puts the stun lasers muzzle to the beast head wishing for the first time that he could kill something instantly with the laser whose control chip is in a gates weapons locker. To see its head vaporize instantly and silently. He will most likely also be afraid of this thought later that passed through him even though it was fleeting. He blasts the beast several times sure that it can’t miss this close.
If the beast is subdued or killed Dreakon sprays only Alexander with solvent that breaks down the concrete foam rapidly. Dreakon yells and broadcasts, “I NEED A MEDIC, DOCTOR, ANYTHING!!! GET TO THE PARK NOW!!!”, his fear was palpable in his voice. It was broadcast over as wide a band channel as possible though his PA’s radio and speakers at a deafening 150 dB, a crashing train was quieter.

Initiative: 19+2=21
APM: 7
Perception: 9+2=10
JIC: 10, 15, 82%, 57%
Conditions: In power armor.

1. Hesitates because he doesn’t know what else to do.
2. Stun Laser: 12+6=18 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
3. Stun Laser: 10+6=16 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
4. Stun Laser:19 +6=25 Dmg: Stun See weapon description
5. Spray’s solvent on Alex.
6. Radio 27%/Radio: Basic 76% Success
7. Yells his request.

Auto-Parry[18,+12] = (30), [19+,12] = (31), [14+,12] = (26), [8,+12] = (20) [6+,12] = (18), [20,+12] = (32), [14+,12] = (26)

Dodge: [11,+12] = (23), [10,+12] = (22), [17,+12] = (29), [5,+12] = (17) ,
[18,+12] = (30), [18,+12] = (30), [9,+12] = (21)

((OOC: This could be picked up by one of my teams radios near Branimir or the yell heard by them completely. Also Blake obviously hears this and may think his own first aid might be of some help.))
Dreakon Vanes
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:55 am

Dreakon Vanes wrote:If the beast is subdued or killed Dreakon sprays only Alexander with solvent that breaks down the concrete foam rapidly. Dreakon yells and broadcasts, “I NEED A MEDIC, DOCTOR, ANYTHING!!! GET TO THE PARK NOW!!!”, his fear was palpable in his voice. It was broadcast over as wide a band channel as possible though his PA’s radio and speakers at a deafening 150 dB, a crashing train was quieter.


Per: 19+2=21
JIC: 17, 11, 5, 55%, 23%, 56%

Iacchus whirls around toward the heart of the park as Drake's voice booms through the air. Stunned for a moment by the power of the cry for help, Iacchus remains silent for a moment and then "whispers" to himself, "Shit! Nearly jumped out of my skin." Of course, Iacchus' voice requires some effort to speak quietly and with his ears ringing from Drake's blaring cry his whisper is heard readily by his new companions. He turns to them to speak in a normal voice, which comes across as nearly a full shout due to his temporarily deafened ears, "When you're lookin' for business you don't turn away from an opportunity to make new friends...or contacts, however you want to see it. And besides, we happen to have a doc with us and without much to do. Let's go check this out." Iacchus pushes with one mighty foot into a sprint toward the source of the cry. They can't be too far. His enormous stride eats up the distance as he gets a head start on his companions who will no doubt catch up in their vehicles. He draws both swords while on the run. Just in case. Iacchus smiles pleasurably. Although he'd never let on to the others, he feels that old sense of urgency to help the helpless and defend the defenseless, a feeling that has been dormant for quite a while. The innate goodness of his original nature, his Titan benevolence, hasn't been completely quieted by years of callous living.

When Iacchus arrives at the scene he bellows out, "I think we can help," and then catches vision of the grisly scene of Alexander's mangled mound of flesh and blood. He turns to Drake who seems to be the closest to himself and says, "By all the lords above us, what happened here? Is he alive?" Then, turning to Bran (assuming he's arrived), "Bran! Are you on this, partner? Let me know what I can help with, doc. I might be the only one who can lift this...well, this..." Turning to Drake again with a furrowed brow, solemn look, and somber tone, "...was it a man? errr, I mean, IS it a man?"
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 am

Init: 18+5=23
Per: 6+1=7
Jic: 10, 77%

Blake observes the scene for a second before realizing the man in the foam needs help from something behind him. Maybe it's the foam, maybe it's a creature of some kind? After that moment of contemplation the near concussive wave of sound strikes him. Though dazed at not having sound compensating body armor on Blake thinks to himself, That will sure get someones attention but the park is a big place.

Not sparing another moment Blake raises a palm to the sky as he begins running closer to aid. His fingers spark and glow red for a moment before fire erupts into his hand. Blake fires the bolt of fire directly into the sky as a "flare" making sure to get it well above the treeline before it fizzles out. that should get noticed from any clear spot in the hub.

Blake still doesn't quite understand whats happening but he Clears his mind and lets his senses help him identify what is happening with the foamed man.

(hopefully) Seeing that there is 2 auras involved in the mass, Blake quickens his pace to get to the situation. When he gets closer to the scene, and can see there is a creature attacking the man from behind Blake's mind falls into the heat of combat. His old CS mentality breaks though his mind for a moment, Damn DB's attacking humans again, got to put this one down.

Looking for a clear shot at this close range, Blake charges up the hottest flames he can throw and levels it at the strange DB. He holds the flame until he is sure he can hit the creature, and not any of the other combatants. Alright, I've got my RMK and IRMSS on me so I can start treating this man, but we have to get this thing off of him first. Damn wish I had brought my pack with my full kit. Realizing that the power armor may be the only one with the strength enough, he tells the alien device. "We Have to separate these two, can you pull that DB off of him? "


Actions:
1. Stunned by 150 Db soundwave
2. Fire bolt directly up (260 feet, heavy bolt -2 ISP)
3. See Aura ( 60 feet -6 ISP )
4. Closing distance
5. Fire bolt (Plasma -4 ISP) Strike 18+4=22 Damage: 5
6. IF another is needed Fire bolt (Plasma -4 ISP) Strike 5+4=9 Damage: 8 / If not begin treatment of Alexander First aid 15% out of 67%
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 am

Perception: 14+3=17
JIC d20: 7
JIC %: 48

Kat nods at Iacchus "I'm rather sure I can find a few such places. Mostly warehouses and garages though. You have a sleepin bag? Cause I'm sure every place I'm thinking of has a concrete floor."

Responding to Bran, Kat begins "Well I'm sure I can scrounge up some clinic time at a local chop shop through the same connection I just used. I wouldn't be opposed to cyber-spinal replacement, as long as the model is in good re---" Kat is cut off by the loud noise.

"Well, hades. Thats either a continuation of bad luck or a job opportunity. Either way it ain't boring." Kat pulls out her weapons and checks to make sure they are both loaded. She tucks the fake 9mm into her waistband and holds the other one at the ready.

Kat looks to Bran. "They asked for a doctor. Care to make a field call?"Kat looks around to the others. "I'm sure we got your back."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Loriana » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Perception: 13+4=17
JIC: 12; 37%

Seeing her electrical blasts finally starting to singe the fur on the creature, Loriana smiles almost in glee. Finally! Time to put a hurting on this thing! As she swoops down toward the creature, she draws her vibro-saber and is almost immediately transported in her mind back to her days in the arenas of Atlantis.

"Zephyr! Zephyr! Zephyr!" She could hear the crowd chanting her name, the name awarded to her by her master. Only those who were successful in the arenas were given names, and only those who were truly exceptional heard that name chanted by the crowds. On this particular day, she was pitted against three opponents, all new to the arenas but deadly foes nonetheless. One was human, another an elf, and the last was a feline creature someone said was called a Kill Cat. The mage was the first to die, her speed just too much for him to be able to accurately target her. Second was the elf. He was a better adversary, but still not fast enough to be a real threat. Turning to her remaining opponent, she was mildly surprised to see it standing there, watching as she slaughtered the others. "Why do you stand there, cat? Come, dance with me the dance of death!" She knows if she doesn't put on a good show, her master will be displeased with her, and that is something she couldn't survive again. Their battle was epic, both almost supernaturally fast, only her ability to fly separating her from him. The battle ended when she closed to grappling range, and took the beast's head between her hands and let loose with her electical blasts....

Shaking her head to bring her back to the present, Loriana snarls at herself and thinks I don't have to kill any more. I have a choice!

Coming in behind the creature, she remains hovering slightly off the ground and places the point of the saber on the back of her bounty's neck. "You are defeated! Submit to me, or die! Those are your only choices!"

APM: 8 (+2 w/tail)
Initiative: 12+6=18
Action 1: Advance while drawing saber.
Action 2-3: Lost in memories, so pausing out of reach of the creature.
Action 4: Finish advancing on the creature and place blade at base of neck and speak.
Action 5: If creature submits, will keep him under guard. If doesn't submit, will attack with no quarter given. Strike: 18+12+3=33 Damage: 6 MD
Action 6: Strike 11+12+3=26 Damage: 5 MD
Action 7: Strike 16+12+3=31 Damage: 6 MD
Action 8: Strike 9+12+3=24 Damage: 3 MD
Tail Strike: Strike 10+12=22 Damage: 9 MD
Tail Strike: Strike 20+12=32 Damage: 7 MD*2=14 MD

Auto-Dodge: (includes bonus of +4) 16; 22; 19; 17; 14; 23; 14; 15; 19
Parries: (includes bonus of +15) 27; 23; 31; 28; 29; 26; 34; 29

((OOC: If Bine submits, Loriana will keep him under guard, prepared to use the above strikes if he tries to escape))
Loriana
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Bran » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Perc: 11+2= 13
JIC 14, 10%

Kat wrote:Kat looks to Bran. "They asked for a doctor. Care to make a field call?"Kat looks around to the others. "I'm sure we got your back."

The instant Bran hears the call for a medic he is up and moving. Even though he is a doctor, the number one patient he needs to care for is himself so he double checks to make sure Kat and Iac are coming with him.

As soon as the group arrives at the origin of the distress call Bran takes a small step back. "What the fu*k is that thing." After a moment of gaping he continues, "I can't really assess the damage if its still...attached." Bran sees the size of the man being attacked and can't help thinking about how much he could learn from tinkering with him. "There has to be some type of modification to that being. There is a lot to be learned when studying modif...Stop! Rule one: preserve self first, then tinker with bodies."
Bran snaps out of his daydream and draws his puny C-20. Taking a look at the pistol and the creature he thinks, "This is exactly why I need these heavy hitters around me. I'll be less then effective with this stupid weapon." Bran monitors the situation trying to develop a plan for how he might treat this individual once the beast has been removed from the equation.
Bran
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Raekshi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 am

Initiative: 21
Perception: 18
APM: 7 with Revolvers
JIC: 12

Pre-existing Conditions: Sixth Sense, Sense Evil, See invisible, Intuitive Combat, Weapons holstered.

Raven immediately re-draws her weapons and quickly moves into point blank range and takes aim on Bine's head. Her movement and actions are calm, deliberate and business like as thought she is now resolved to end this immediately.

"Your choice however distasteful is acceptable creature."

She proceeds to fire both plasma weapons into Bine's head

Actions:

1. Close quickly to within point blank range as she redraws her weapons.

2. Take aim on Bine's head with the intent of killing him instantly and ending this immediately.

[Roll to strike Bine's head both weapons: 18 + 8 = 26 Damage 1D4 x 10: RH = 40 mdc LH = 20 MDC]]

3. Take aim on Bine's head with the intent of killing him instantly.

[Roll to strike Bine's head both weapons: 14 + 8 = 22 Damage 1D4 x 10: RH = 30 MDC LH = 30 MDC]

4. If Bine is still alive after the point blank shots on his head she will proceed to fire two more plasma rounds into his head

[Roll to strike Bine's head both weapons: 15 + 8 = 23 Damage 1D4 x 10: RH = 10 MDC LH = 30 MDC]

Dodge Rolls incase needed: 21, 30, 25

Providing Bine is dead, Raven will immediately move in front of Alexander and cast suppress fear (8) on him. She will then smile at him and speak directly but with a soft feel to it as though a gentle command.

"Calm down friend. He is dead. Now let me heal your wounds."


She will proceed to use Psychic Diagnosis to identify his injuries and Psychic Surgery to heal any severe internal or external injuries beyond normal cuts or bruises. If she detects any poisons in his system from the attacks by Bine, she will also use Psychic Purification to stop the poisons.

If however Bine is somehill still alive, she will proceed to shoot him again until he is not twitching.
Last edited by Raekshi on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raekshi
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dakota » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:28 am

Dakota throws the pizza aside and unslings her bow as she moves on a dead run following Iacchus. She pulls up as she comes into sight and sees a tall Native American woman much like herself close on Bine drawing weapons. She pulls her bow up and takes aim on the creature and holds to see what the Dark haired woman does. She then sees the Ravens head crossed by two ornate tomahawks on the back of the long coat and lowers her bow.

"I have heard of this one. They call her 'The Black Raven'. An Avenging Angel. She is as out of place here as I am I think."

Dakota moves down the hill towards the battle with an arrow notched in her bow.
Dakota
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Absconder » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Everyone comes closer in to the two covered in ultra-tough concrete. A swirl of emotions quickly gives way to pure disgusted dread as each of the attackers close the distance and the gruesome scene becomes even more so. Chunks of red concrete fly from the missed shots as the whole concrete-person-best glob seems to be covered in red. Loriana draws her swords as she closes the distance and starts to offer the option of surrender to Bine one more time but just then Raekshi hammers Bine's head with a double blast from her pistols. Judging by the amount of red blood covering the place this guy must really be hurting after the beating the team has put on it. However, like a demon spawn Bine, most likely blind and stunned, defiantly continues his thrashing albeit much less vigorously. The creature obviously knows he is defeated but won't let himself stop until his last breath. Bine's head takes the shots from Raekshi's pistols at point blank range. His bloodied head pushes to side where it sags motionless. Somehow, even given the damage this guy has taken, his arms and shoulders are twitching in trace movements (less than before) of how they were before when he was ripping through Alexander's back. Bine's face and entire head are bare of skin only showing a cracked and battered skull barren of blood and gore thanks to the superheated plasma blasts from Raekshi's pistols. After a few seconds Bine's body stops all movement and anyone looking at Alexander sees that he has stopped moving as well. Anyone who thinks about it may realize that Alexander made no screams of pain during the whole ordeal.

Drake quickly engages the dissolvent on his foam gun and spreads enough over the concrete to dissolve the entire front portion where Alexander is plastered. Drake pumps his speakers up as high as they can go and broadcasts his message without regard for those around him. The 150 DBs driving into Raekshi and Loriana's skulls from such close quarters feels much like a train wreck in their skulls. However, such a headache may be worth it if it means saving Alexander's life.

As the concrete dissolves, Alexander's body droops forward and a large hole in his abdomen can be seen by all. Upon closer inspection it will be found that Bine's hand, covered in blood and blended in with all the shredded body tissue, is still in Alexander's abdominal cavity and nearly sticking out the front. Alexander's juicer bio-comp is completely destroyed and covered with claw marks. Perhaps the creature was trying to get to comp for some reason and since he was covered in concrete the only way to the comp was through Alexander's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake sends his flare into the daytime sky knowing that the fire won't be as noticeable during the day but still visible. He rushes in towards the others and the glob of concrete ready to fight but realizes the fight is over before he has a chance to join in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The newcomers crest a hill and see the grisly scene. By the time they show up Alexander's body is slumped over the partially dissolved concrete and it is clear, even at a distance, that blood is covering the entire scene. What isn't clear, however, is who is friend and who is foe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the concrete has dissolved enough Alexander's body is wrenched lose leaving Bine's body still stuck. When Alexander's body is pulled out Bine's body flops forward and bends over double. The creature doesn't move or make a sound.

First aid is attempted but it is soon realized that the juicer's final hour came a couple years too early. Everyone was pretty certain that Alexander was already dead; judging by the gaping hole in his abdomen, but the attempt had to be made to save his life just in case. You never know with these juicer types, they take a beating and keep on going.
Absconder
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Loriana » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Perception: 12+4=16
JIC: 15; 54%

Looking with disgust at the Native American cyber-knight, Loriana shakes her head. "The big guy was toast as soon as this thing jumped him. Wasn't no reason to kill it like that. But what's done is done, right? Let's get this thing back to them folks that hired us so we can get our reward."

Obviously not concerned, or even bothered, by the death of the large man, Loriana begins preparing the creature for transport to the Mercenary Plaza. Taking out a piece of candy, she begins nonchalantly sucking on it as she waits for Raven and the power-armored guy to get ready to go.
Loriana
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dreakon Vanes » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Initiative: 15+2=17
Perception: 14+2=16
JIC: 11; 73%

Dreakon watched helplessly as the final blow was given to Bine rendering him lifeless. Dreakon didn’t plan on it going this way. It was supposed to happen differently. He grabs onto Alex easing him to the ground wiping away the sloughing foam as it dissolved in chunks from his body. Blood was everywhere. A sob appears to escape from Dreakon to those that don’t know better. But to those that do, know it is the sound of air escaping the cavity in Alex’s chest as the last bits of life escape from it. But Dreakon was heaving with sobs inside his armor unheard, torn by his mistake and inability to do anything.

Dreakon is brought out of his shock by the sudden flare rising up in the sky. Dreakon fills with momentary hope that someone has heard his call and is coming. He calls out once again.

“He needs help! Hurry!!” Dreakon pleads with a tremor in his voice at a much lower volume than heard before headless of Alex's chances.
Dreakon Vanes
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Perception → 7
JIC d20 → 14
JIC d100 → 44

Beanpole hustles to the park. The pizza is warm and smells amazing. He arrives at the park and enters through the gate, sitting down on the first open spot of grass he sees. He tears into the box, using it as a plate, eating the hot slices crust-end first. Any meat that falls off onto the box, he also picks up and devourers. He's halfway through before he remembers his milk. It's puny container, and he chugs almost all of it. Satiated for a moment, he looks around taking in his surroundings.

It's not exactly the quiet spot he expected, though. Well tended gravel paths wind about, with cut grass fields and beds of pretty flowers. About as far from natural as Beanpole's seen. Guess, next to the pavement and metal buildings, this is better.

He eats another quarter of the pizza, finally feeling full. He tries to figure out how to store the last three slices.

That's when he hears the ear splitting sound from over the hill. "What in tarnation!" It's followed a moment later by a flare.

Beanpole grabs his pack, and crests the hill slowly, hand on his gun. He doesn't quite understand the scene below, so sits for a moment studying, trying to understand.

Absconder wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The newcomers crest a hill and see the grisly scene. By the time they show up Alexander's body is slumped over the partially dissolved concrete and it is clear, even at a distance, that blood is covering the entire scene. What isn't clear, however, is who is friend and who is foe.


When the amplified voice calls out for help,
Dreakon Vanes wrote:“He needs help! Hurry!!”
Beanpole is compelled to act. He breaks into a full sprint down the hill towards the armored figure holding the body.

The three pizza slices lay upturned in the grass, the milk spilled.
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Bran » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Absconder wrote:The newcomers crest a hill and see the grisly scene. By the time they show up Alexander's body is slumped over the partially dissolved concrete and it is clear, even at a distance, that blood is covering the entire scene. What isn't clear, however, is who is friend and who is foe.


Perc: 2+2 = 4
JIC: 1, 67%
Medical Doctor: 97%| 7%, 11%, 71%

Once Bran sees that the combat has ceased and the danger to himself has subsided he quickly moves toward the two combatants. "Please let me through. I am a doctor," Bran assures everyone in a strangely calming voice. The Posluznik puts his hands first on Alexander as he can see that he seemed to be the target of the other fighter. Looking to Dakota Bran will throw the keys to his jeep to her, "Dakota, I need my medical bag from my jeep. Titus will not attack you so your the only one who can get it for me. Please this man's time to pass is at hand."

Bran rips any portion of clothing he can find off the man to stuff in the gaping stomach wound. Summoning his innate psychic abilities Bran fills the man with a dose of life force. Looking at the injuries Bran thinks to himself, "It may be a moot point with this man but I must try." Bran, seeing that the other creature is being removed by the tall woman with a tail, he asks her, "Do you want me to administer aid to...him? I am quite skilled in the area." If requested Bran will channel a dose of life force into the creature as well. If not he continues working with the first patient.

If neither of the individuals respond to the dose Bran gives them he will close their eyes and very somberly say, "There is no time left for these individuals. It is their time of passing and there is no way I can prevent their journey from commencing. I am sorry."

Should one or both respond to his healing touch, Bran continues to use his psychic abilities to save the two men.

Actions
1-2 Healing touch on Alexander - 6 ISP for 5 HP restored (if applicable)
3-4 Healing touch on Bine (If Lorinna gives consent)-6 ISP for 6 HP restored (if applicable)

If they are still hanging on Bran continues with:
1- Psychic Diagnosis on Alexander- 4 ISP and in 4 melees I know all of the injuries he has sustained.
2- Psychic Surgery on Alexander- 14 ISP and I am able to repair the damages I have diagnosed in 1 (Duration is up to GM).
3- Psychic Diagnosis on Bine- 4 ISP and in 4 melees I know all of the injuries he has sustained.
4- Any surgery will have to be the old fashion kind as Bran is out of ISP at this time.


ISP 4/40
Bran
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Raekshi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Raven kneels over Alexander after they pry Bines body from him and attempts with all her psionic skills in healing to save him and finally looks up at Dreakon and then to Lorianna and just shakes her head. She bows her head and prays silently in Cherokee.

"Great Father. Take this warriors spirit to the hunting grounds. May he find his peace there. I know not what God he prays to or if he does, but he gave his life willingly to save many others. Take him now Great Father. Into your hands I commend his spirit."

With that she rises, reloads her weapons and holsters them. She looks between Dreakon and Lorianna.

"Divide the bounty between you two. As I promised, I release my claim on my half. At least this is over. Farewell"

With that, she hads for Frank and informs him that it is done and the feline wont bother him or the park anymore, and then she bids him farewell and heads for her bike, where she pulls out a bag and sits on the bike and munches down on a rather large sandwhich and a jug of water as if nothing extroardinary had happened. Just a normal day in her life.
Raekshi
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Bran wrote:"Please let me through. I am a doctor,"


Beanpole hears this comment and stops short. He feels real awkward standing just outside the ring of strangers. He's curious about the situation, especially now that he's not hungry any more. When the dark haired woman also kneels next to the body and pronounces him dead, Beanpole knows he can offer very little.

Raekshi wrote: "Divide the bounty between you two. As I promised, I release my claim on my half. At least this is over. Farewell"


But the woman's comments put him at ease, at least a little bit. If there was a bounty on the beast, this was likely a sanctioned hunt, not just random violence. He turns his attention to the furry beast laying in the pile of goo. Some sort of cat thing. Unthinking, he accidentally says out loud, "Recken this place is a little wild after all..."

He looks around at the group gathered trying to decide what to do next. Mustering up some courage, he speaks towards the armored man next to the body [[Dreakon]], the one that yelled for help, "Pardon me sir, would you like me to go get the authorities? There doesn't seem to be much else I can offer, well, my sympathies, but they're not worth much I recken..."

Beanpole tries to put a friendly face on, but this is just more proof of Fate's cruelty. So even though his lips turn up into a smile, everything else on his face is pulled down by the weight of sadness.
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 am

PER 13
JIC 10, 41

Arriving at the scene, Blake witnesses the final moments of the hostile DB. Seeing the damage done to the large humans back Blake responds, " I don't think I have the skills to handle this kind of damage." Just then another man pushes his way through the quickly forming crowd.
Bran wrote:"Please let me through. I am a doctor,"


Watching the doctor work on the mess that once was a man, Blake comes to realize that there is no medicine or treatment that can restore life to this one.

Damn, another life wasted at the hands of some monster. I know not all of what they thought me growing up is true, but I can see that they do have a point about some of these beasts.

Turning to the man in the power armor, who obviously hasn't been greatly exposed to the horrors of combat. Blake ties to console the man, "Look, Sorry about your loss. From where I was It looked like you did all you could."

Bounty hunt? these two must have been partners. Glancing at the mangled body of Bine, And hunting something like that, that's a rough one. Continuing, Who knows how many others that thing may have killed if you hadn't come here to stop it. It doesn't seem like he has passed in vain. Blake tries to be as comforting as possible even though he really isn't good at it. I hope this helps some. My place is on the battle field, death happens to everyone, and if you die fighting then all the better. But I guess some people aren't warriors...Then again, what's this guy doing in that level of power armor if he's not?

Looking over the rest of the assembled group. "Defenders will be here in a moment, They will want to take your statements," Blake looks as if he is thinking for a moment, "at least that seems to be standard procedure. Being that there seems to be an authorized bounty hunt going on here, I doubt there will be much hassle. I'm going to radio in a status update so they don't come barging in weapons blazing." And with that, Blake flips open his communicator style radio and begins dialing in the frequency for the Merctown defenders. "Defenders, this is James Cook, I am on-sight In the botanical gardens where the flare just went up. There is a hunt team here that just bagged a dangerous creature, but one member was killed in the process. No other apparent hostiles in area. Over."

(OOC. So we don't get another NPC involved I'll leave the defenders response open to Absconder, and not post this on the Defenders radio channel)
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Absconder » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Anyone with their radios on and tuned to a public band hears this message come over the waves:

"Sard to Merctown, outside the front of Merctown, need a robot-wrecker about 2 kilometers straight out, over?"
Absconder
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 am

Iacchus sheathes his swords, and looks down at Alex's tunneled torso with a grimace. "I've seen a lot, but this is truly horrific. I've seen bodies ripped apart into pieces, but there's something about a body mangled but mostly intact that is even more gruesome." He pauses as he continues to look on in both fascination and horror at the grisly scene. He shakes his gently and then looks up to the others, "I'm sorry for your loss. A partner such as this one that you've lost was likely to be well esteemed and highly valued." He pauses as he looks away into the trees for a moment, and then turns back to the others he hasn't met yet. "Well, I suppose we should all stick around if the authorities are on their way. Wouldn't want to be scene fleeing the scene. My name is Iacchus. My comrades who arrived here with me and I are establishing a fledgling merc group. I assume you guys are working together. Who do you work for?"
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:55 am

Perception: 13+2= 15
JIC: 12, 30%

Blake looks up at the tall...thing, that is speaking to him. As it asks about mercenary status, Blake is quite happy to change topics from what appears to be upsetting to the power armored man. "Um.. no actually, I was just taking a stroll in the park before putting up an add for work. You see My old partner and I attempted to setup our own mercenary company here in Merctown. Unfortunately some logistic and bureaucratic issues caused us to abandon the idea." Blake contemplates the truth of what he just said. Bureaucratic issues are close enough to getting in trouble with no fly zones. Then we couldn't afford a base of operations, that would qualify as logistic I think "I came over the hill to see this armor pilot and his group, in battle with that creature." Blake nods his head to the body of Bine. "You can call me Blake, I don't go by my legal name much." Well at least the one that I made legal in Dweomer.
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Iacchus nods as he listens to Blake. "All right, Blake. Well, what do you do?" Iacchus smirks playfully, "Other than go looking for fights. You see. Like I said, we're just getting started ourselves here. We're really just looking to command bigger pay days with group missions. Since you're not tied down to anybody you can take the hike with us over to the Job Market Cafe so we can talk and see if we're a fit. If we think it's a match we can advertise as 5 rather than 4."
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Perception: 12+3=15
JIC d20: 5
JIC %: 19

Kat crests the hill and does not like the scene she sees. The look on Kat's face clearly says 'I don't like this'. Still, Kat watches Bran's backside as he approaches the grisly scene. Looks like whatever fight there was is already over. Well, good. If they live they owe Bran a big one, and if anyone doesn't make it, I have my mom's new spine.

At Blake's mention of the Defenders, Kat grimaces and nods.
" Damn right they'll be here soon. This is thier litter box and nobody takes a dump in it without thier say-so. Nobody has any contraband on them, right?" While Kat says that last part she is checking all of her pockets to make sure she is in fact clear, having assumed nothing violent is going to happen, she sticks the plasma cartridge weapon back into her pocket. Then Kat spots Beanpole running up and half redraws it, then re-holsters it again.

Kat then lights up a smoke and offers one to everyone nearby, including Blake, Draekon, Loriana, Beanpole and Raven.

Kat then addresses the females that were on scene, ignoring the blood covered power armor pilot for now. "So, what were you guys hunting a bounty or what? Yer buddy looks pretty messed up. The cat-thing do that?"

((OCC: Sorry about the wait on me, folks. These twelves are killing me.))
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Iacchus wrote:Iacchus sheathes his swords, and looks down at Alex's tunneled torso with a grimace. "I've seen a lot, but this is truly horrific. I've seen bodies ripped apart into pieces, but there's something about a body mangled but mostly intact that is even more gruesome." He pauses as he continues to look on in both fascination and horror at the grisly scene. He shakes his gently and then looks up to the others, "I'm sorry for your loss. A partner such as this one that you've lost was likely to be well esteemed and highly valued." He pauses as he looks away into the trees for a moment, and then turns back to the others he hasn't met yet. "Well, I suppose we should all stick around if the authorities are on their way. Wouldn't want to be scene fleeing the scene. My name is Iacchus. My comrades who arrived here with me and I are establishing a fledgling merc group. I assume you guys are working together. Who do you work for?"


Beanpole stands a bit apart, listening to the big guy and the armored guy discuss merc groups. Well, that's what Merctown's about. Without any better direction, this might be okay. The armored guy at least showed concern for his comrade. That's a start.

Rubbing his hands together a bit childishly, Beanpole takes a few steps towards the big guy offering work. He sticks out his right hand, and introduces himself, "Mister Iacchus sir, most folks call me Beanpole, and I'm looking for work too though I din't expect I'd find it while eaten supper on the grass, but stranger things have happened... I've been workin' alone fer a couple years, seems. Nothin' organized mind you. Just a little boom gun work wheres I kin find it. Left my suit out with the nice lady Constable at the gates. Recken you'll be wantin' a demonstration or sumthin?"

He gives the attractive young lady offering a smoke a small smile, but shakes his head. [b]"Ma'am, thank you kindly for the offer, but I'll have to pass."

[OOC: Since Beanpole is not wearing his helmet or his radio currently, he does not hear the broadcast message.]
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 am

(Rolls Carried over)

At Kat's interesting attire and manner of speaking as she talks about the defenders, Blake smiles. She seems alright, and damn that's a nice pistol she's packing. Blake returns his focus to Iacchus as he comments on how his group is recruiting. Blake thinks about this for a second, Well, I'm not sure about getting into a new upstart group. Then again, I wouldn't be in charge of this one. I guess I could givem a whirl, I'm not hurting for cash at the moment if they start on the slow side. Blake stands as he continues, "I'm usually a forward spotter, fire support, and I have a bit of power armor skill for the heavier jobs."

As another newcomer steps up to Iacchus Blake continues to evaluate the situation, Hrm... looks like everyone is hard up for work, should have figured with all the mercs being called back from that Whykin conflict. Guess it's pretty lucky I ran into a group hiring when I... Blake's thought trails off as he contemplates what the man in the plastic armor just said. Did he just say "Boom gun work", Is this guy a pilot of a Glitterboy? Blake never does complete that thought as he now is watching the newcomer. Blake manages to keep his jaw from hanging open, but in still in a slight state of awe.

(OOC. I had my radio to the defenders channel, and even if I heard it, I have no skill or vehicle to salvage a robot, Sorry Sardonis)
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dreakon Vanes » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Drake notices for the first time the number of people that have appeared around him as he comes out of his trance watching this frail man tend to Alex’s body. Dreakon’s hope that his conscience will be spared the guilt of Alex’s death fades as the time ticks by. He gathers himself up realizing that the new comers are those who responded to his call for help.

He looks to them and speaks in a tone that is absent minded and somber, “Thank you for coming so quickly. It was in vain though.” He paused for a few moments, almost long enough to start to become uncomfortable. “I am Drake. He wasn’t a friend of ours, just an acquaintance that was assisting these two, as was I. We where both just looking for some work.”

Dreakon takes the cigarette offered and looks for a light. If one is offered he lights his cigarette, either way he just holds it absently in his hand. The smoke is to harsh to inhale again and the first drag did its job to clear Dreakons head.

Once the Defenders show up and clear this up Dreakon turns to Reakshi, “Raven where can I collect the shares of the bounty?” Once she tells him he will tell her he will collect it later.

"Sard to Merctown, outside the front of Merctown, need a robot-wrecker about 2 kilometers straight out, over?"


Dreakon looks over his shoulder back towards where the gates would lie. That name sounds familiar to me? Hmmm. Dreakon changes the subject, “Someone named Sard needs a hauler outside of Merctown. Maybe a mechanic, me, might be all that is needed to fix and move what is out there.”He stood up from his crouching next to Branimir who is working on Alex.” This is a familiar task.”

Dreakon looks at Iacchus, “I need permanent work to set up shop, if you are starting a merc outfit you will need a mechanic. I am sure I can accommodate your needs. We will talk the details later if that is fine by you? Where will you be staying?” Once Dreakon gets his answer he will proceed to radio Sardonis.

“Sard this is Operator Drake. What is it you need exactly? Over.”
Dreakon Vanes
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Loriana » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Perception: 17+5=22
JIC: 11; 38%

Looking up as all the people start running up to rubberneck, Loriana steps closer to her bounty as she tries to figure out what they all want. When she hears the Defenders have been notified, she gets a noticeable look of scorn on her face. "What do we need them for? It's all plain and simple. We were commissioned for a bounty hunt, bounty has been fulfilled. Too bad about the big lug, there. But he wasn't no friend of mine, so I won't be cryin' over his grave. As for me, I am off to let my employer know the bounty is finished."

Looking at Raekshi and Dreakon, she says "Either of you want to come with me, let's get going. I am not going to hang around here all day waiting for the Defenders to figure out that it was a legal bounty."

Heedless of the gore and carnage, she easily lifts the creature's carcass and begins heading off toward Mercenary Plaza, where she contracted for the bounty, not seeming to care if Raekshi or Dreakon care to follow.

((The Hub--Mercenary Plaza))
Loriana
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Beanpole considers his options. He looks at the large guy who seems to be in charge, then to the Operator. The Operator seems to be a good person. He is mourning a comrade, even if only a passing acquaintance or business partner.

"Iacchus, sir, I'd be moren'n happy to demonstrate my skills in hopes of joining your outfit, say tomorrow, one mile north of town, oh-nine-hundred? I'll be the Glitter Boy on the top of hill. Should be easy to spot, recken." He nods again offering his hand and waiting for some return acknowledgment.

[Assuming some reaction from Iacchus and moving on.]

Moving up towards the Operator, Beanpole offers him a hand in assistance. "Operator sir, I'd like to help, if'n you don't mind. I'll follow yer lead, but I can lend a hand in repair if it's needed. If'n you don' mind of course."

[If Dreakon leaves, Beanpole will follow]
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Dreakon Vanes wrote:Dreakon looks at Iacchus, “I need permanent work to set up shop, if you are starting a merc outfit you will need a mechanic. I am sure I can accommodate your needs. We will talk the details later if that is fine by you? Where will you be staying?” Once Dreakon gets his answer he will proceed to radio Sardonis.


Iacchus nods. "Certainly, I imagine good operators with your combat skills are hard to come by. We can meet up later, and we can talk more about what this outfit will be all about. I noticed a place on the map that might do us fine for a place to stay and refer contractors to." Iacchus turns to Kat, "What do you know about the Quiet Warrior Inn? Will it do well for a temporary lodging and base of operations or is there something better?" Whatever Kat's response is, Iacchus defers to her judgment, "All right, Drake. Does that sound good to you?"

"Iacchus, sir, I'd be moren'n happy to demonstrate my skills in hopes of joining your outfit, say tomorrow, one mile north of town, oh-nine-hundred? I'll be the Glitter Boy on the top of hill. Should be easy to spot, recken." He nods again offering his hand and waiting for some return acknowledgment.


Iacchus nods. "Well, Beanpole, I think I'll take you up on that. You can go ahead and meet up with us at (insert place of Kat's suggestion) tonight. I have some thoughts to offer for discussion among us all."

Looking around at the others who have joined or are interested in joining, "I'm gonna go by the Job Market Cafe and post an ad describing the seven of us and then take care of some errands. Anyone who wants to go with me is welcome to. Regardless, let's meet up at (insert place of Kat's suggestion) for a late dinner tonight so we can discuss some things. Let's say...around 8:30. I'll bring the food and imbibery."
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 pm

For the first time, Beanpole realizes he had no clue where he was going to stay. He breathes a sigh of relief internally, only to second guess it again. Don't trust anyone but a Titan...

Iacchus wrote:Iacchus nods. "Well, Beanpole, I think I'll take you up on that. You can go ahead and meet up with us at (insert place of Kat's suggestion) tonight. I have some thoughts to offer for discussion among us all."


Shrugging off his hesitation, Beanpole thanks the striped giant, "Much obliged, sir, I'll do my best to meet at the hotel. Right now, I think I'm off to assist Mistah Drake. Thank ya agin."

[He will still follow Dreakon]
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Absconder » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am

*Before anyone leaves the following happens*

Examination of Alexander's body reveals that all life has left his body. The juicer's face is frozen with a look of neutrality despite the violent death he experienced. Apparently Juicers really don't feel pain. Further examination reveals that Alexander's spine was torn in half and into several small pieces by Bine's attack (the spine was too big anyway unless Kat's mom is really large).

As everyone gathers around the pile of concrete and two grotesquely mangled bodies the sounds of the Merctown Defenders arriving to the park can be heard. After only a few moments about 25 Defenders are on the scene. A grumpy commander with a name tag that says 'Capt. Archibald' listens to any explination about the incident and then asks to speak to the individuals involved after commanding a couple subordinates to take eye witness reports from everyone else and commanding another group to go check out the two bodies and the rest of the scene. After a couple minutes one of the Defenders that was inspecting Bine's body comes over to the commander and reports, "It appears that it's that felinoid that's been killing folks in the park. I'd say these people deserve a commendation." he says with a smile. The commander replies back, "It isn't confirmed yet though. Even if it is him these people were only doing it for the bounty not for any sense of good will. I've known their types my whole life." The younger officer's knows not to question his commander especially when he's in one of his books. His smile disappears and he turns back towards Bine's body to continue his inspection.

The commander continues with his pointed and quasi-random questions, "Who has contraband? I know you mercs must have snuck something into they city. Since I have ya here, give it up." After grilling everyone and showing every confidence in his team's ability to protect him from such a group of mercenaries the commander makes sure that all the necessary information is gathered; names, eye witness reports and statements. After confirming that he then issues a final command, "You four escort the body of the felinoid wherever it goes. After they collect their bounty you guys collect the body for evidence." he says to four of the Defenders. The other Defenders, along with the Capt. turn their attention to the crime scene and seemingly 'dismisses' everyone else.

*This is where Loriana leaves with Bine's body and the four defenders tailing if she still desires to do so*

GM notes:
Time to go collect your bounty rewards and go your separate ways or whatever you folks are doing.
For those in P.A.S. you can expect our first adventure to be starting sometime soon. The first one will probably be a bit shorter since you guys are new and you probably won't get any big jobs until you build a name for yourselves and have a proven track record.
I will be tallying up exp gained from any character posts under my GMing.
I'm sure I've missed some things that one or more of you want better clarification on. I wanted to get a post up for you guys so you have something to work with. Feel free to continue to interact here or elsewhere and let me know if you have any questions.

(OOC: Sorry it's taken so long, the servers going down was bad timing for me because this past weekend was when I had my freetime to post but we were still waiting on a couple other players to post too. My finals are this coming week and then Summer semester is over and in a few weeks I'll be starting my Fall semester which should not be so hectic.)
Absconder
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Iacchus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 am

As the defenders roll up, Iacchus watches warily. Iacchus seems undaunted by the commander's rude and abrasive approach, but he quickly and fully gives an accounting of all he knows. Once his name and information has been recorded, and they've been given the clear signal to head out, Iacchus calls out to his new partners, "All right. I'll meet up with you guys later." Iacchus then pushes off into a solid jog toward the Job Market Cafe.

((Job Market Cafe))
Iacchus
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Sardonis » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Absconder wrote:When Sard broadcasts his request for assistance over channel 1.222.820 his radio crackles to life with a reply just a few seconds later.

Dreakon Vanes wrote:“Sard this is Operator Drake. What is it you need exactly? Over.”



Transmission from Merctown Gates from Sardonis:
"Ah good!," Thankfully Sard replies back to the Operator,"Hello glad to hear from you. I need a wrecked robot towed or dismantled. Are you able to comply? Over."
Sardonis
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Raekshi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 pm

When the Defenders show up, Raven kicks that stand up on her Harley, straddles it and fires it up. She responds to the defenders that approach her as they question others.

"The felinoid attacked the juicer. Several of us intervened to help him, but it was to late to save him. So I shot the thing to death point blank to make sure it wouldnt be able to hurt anyone else. End of story. If you need to ask me more questions, I will be at the Mercenary Plaza."


And with that she roars off before they can respond or say another word.

((Mercenary Plaza))
Raekshi
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dreakon Vanes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:25 am

Dreakon acknowledges Iacchus that the inn is fine with a nod of his helmet and tells him, "I will find you there later then."

Dreakon calls Sardonis, “Sard this is Operator Drake, I will have to see if I can rent a vehicle to haul. I can take apart anything you need disassembled. I can put it back together for a price too. But it will be a little bit. Hang tight. I have some other matters to deal with too. Give me your coordinates. Switch to freq 171.005.” Dreakon switches the freq and records the location once Sard gives it to him.

Dreakon was waiting for Ravens response and apparently isn’t going to get one.

When the Defenders show up, Raven kicks that stand up on her Harley, straddles it and fires it up. She responds to the defenders that approach her as they question others.

"The felinoid attacked the juicer. Several of us intervened to help him, but it was to late to save him. So I shot the thing to death point blank to make sure it wouldnt be able to hurt anyone else. End of story. If you need to ask me more questions, I will be at the Mercenary Plaza."

And with that she roars off before they can respond or say another word.

((Mercenary Plaza))


Dreakon dislikes the sudden rushed feeling that her taking off causes him especially after what he just went through. He usually liked to take a few moments to decide what he planned to do.

Dreakon waves for Beanpole to follow and says to him, “I’m not sure what you can help with but it is always better to have another set of hands I guess. I don’t promise compensation but if you are still coming I’ll meet you at the gates in a bit. Do you have a radio pal?” If he has a radio Dreakon gives him a frequency of 171.005 to monitor.

Dreakon chases after both females in his Power Armor to pick up the bounty and rudely forgetting the others in his haste.

((Mercenary Plaza))
Dreakon Vanes
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Beanpole » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 am

There's so much going on and everyone is incredibly rushed and busy. At least Beanpole got dinner.

He listens to Drake and switches his helmet radio to the proper frequency.

"Sardonis, sir, Beanpole here, I'm helping Mr. Drake with the salvage, please repeat coordinates? How big a tow ya need?"

Beanpole pulls out his map and looks for a vehicle dealer, one that might rent a wrecker. Not seeing anything promising, especially at this time, he heads out towards the city gates.

[[City Gates]]
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Blake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

Per: 14+2= 16
JIC: 9, 25%

Continuing in his state of awe Blake watches the events unfold, only the arrival of the defenders seem to break the spell. Being "detained" a bit longer by the defenders for questioning, much of the group disperses before he can ask any further questions. Hrm.. well I heard someone mention the Quiet warrior inn, I got a place at Emma's tonight, but I can stop in there for a drink and see if i can catch these folks. Noticing that the doctor is still cleaning up, Blake will approach. "Afternoon doc." Blake says politely "You also a member of that Giant's group?" I better talk with all these people when I can, perhaps building a bit of camaraderie will help keep things together, sure kept Gannon and I running for a while.
Blake
 

Re: National Park & Botanical Gardens (27)

Postby Dakota » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Dakota watches for a moment from the rise and seeing the Felinoid take its last breath at the hands of the tall Native American, she lowers her bow and the arrow magically dissappears. She then slings it and will follow Iaachus out. She speaks under her breath on the way out of the park.

"At least, I am not the last of my people. The Raven still walks, so between the two of us, we will keep our people alive."

((JMC))
Dakota
 

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: MARS & PAS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest