Operation: Black Bear

Moderator: Augur

Re: Operation: Black Bear

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:51 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 21:

JIC: 1d20:
/1d100:

Ecks nods in agreement with Drake's decision. He tucks a note in Grey Blade's armor before his crew leaves.

Ecks' note wrote:"I understand wanting to cash out, but there are better ways to make money. And for a cyberknight, you've been given a lot already. I think every dishwasher and maid on this planet might have some tips on ways to live without the necessity of millions of credits obtained through shady dealings. Life can suck. You, more than most, have the ability to change things."

Once Grey Blade and his comrades are out of the hangar, Ecks fishes out the card their Northern Gun contact gave them when they accepted the job. ”Hello this is Ecks with Double A Professional Services. We’ve secured your items. Please come out for a meeting as soon as you may.”

Once off the phone, he turns to the rest of the team. ”Ok, she should be on her way now. Hopefully we won’t take a loss on the Black Bear since it got a bit beat up. I can likely repair it if it comes to that. It seems to be a very tough machine though.”

When their contact gets there, he shows her into the bay along with the Black Bear.

”Well, here it is as promised." he says, gesturing towards the Black Bear. "It did take a bit of damage. I can repair it of course but we’d need to hang onto it for a bit… It was not easy getting it out of there. Naturally the core is in it so we have it as well. Grey Blade however, we do not have. While we did bring him here, we were unable to keep him or his crew. After the multiple waves of heavy infantry attacks, we weren’t interested in another fight with shredded armor and an unknown enemy still out there. Speaking of which is there anyway you could swing us repair parts at cost for the NG-V7?” he says evenly motioning to Morning Glory, still emitting puffs of smoke and wafts of ozone. While the Grey Blade crew weren’t up to much fighting either, would they have been if faced with incarceration? A single shot could have been the last one for Morning Glory as well. Yes, all that’s true, but really I can understand some of his frustration. And ultimately he lost anyhow.

"While we don't have Grey Blade for you, we do have some of the borg who assaulted us while trying to attain the Black Bear if they would be of any interest to you. I felt they may offer some clues as to other players in this game." Ecks says thumbing towards the mobile hunter's fists that still grip the borgs.

While business is being concluded, he does make an odd inquiry of his contact. "You aren't going to be doing any field trials with this unit are you? You know we could do it for you. You know I'm more than capable to perform repairs. I have to confess, it has me curious. What exactly do we have here? I've got a couple guesses."
Last edited by Ecks on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:14 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 11:

/1d100:

O'Grady's.

After business with Northern Gun is finished, Ecks takes the Sled over to O'Grady's. Walking inside he nods to O'Grady behind the desk.

"Hey O'Grady! How's it goin? Healing up ok? I was wanting to follow up on the item we were wanting to move (CS Rocket bike). Did you figure something out pricewise?" he says fairly. The operators calm smile conveys forgiveness and a willingness to return to business though his posture one of alertness, perhaps inevitable after a betrayal.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Shane » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 15:

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:

Init: 1d20+7 | 1d20+7 = 10:

Shane has been unusually quiet since the group returned.

It could be a combination of issues. One might be irritation at his performance.

Another might be a headache from the bio-comp malfunction.

Or it could just be that his favorite rifle has let him down incredibly badly.

He tags along with Ecks to O'grady's, shying away from contact with the rest of the group and at least performing the basic bodyguard role that he slips into so comfortably.

Standing a pace behind Eck's right shoulder he waits with crossed arms.

"Really hope the next one goes better than this." He has time to think.
"Yeah, it didn't go so well because you aren't good enough."
"Oh, shut up."

The voice in his head is especially annoying at that moment.

To help himself ignore it he busies himself with looking around the place.

Detect Ambush| Target: 69 | 1d100:
| Success
Detect Concealment| Target: 64 | 1d100:
| Fail

He doesn't speak to O'grady yet, that's Eck's job.

Even Ecks can tell there's something off about the quiet man though.

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:02 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6:

, 1d100:

Mantooth
After returning from O’Grady’s, Ecks removes his armor and heads for his room. Gathering fresh clothes and toiletries, he heads for a much desired shower. The hot water soothes aching joints and the pattering water provides gentle background noise to blot out the outside world for a few minutes.

In the isolation, he thinks over a reoccurring concern; that of the supernatural. I have to pick Brianna’s brain on this one. Since Connor’s departure we have been without a mage. I wish that Valentine guy had stuck around but after the ambush at O’Grady’s I can understand why he’d split. Maybe she’d be willing to help everyone outfit some weapons. I know a little but she knows a lot more I bet.”

Drying off and putting on jeans and one of his old Northern Gun t-shirts he walks back to the Hangar and sits down at his workbench. Leaning over he grabs out Peta’s Big Bore and cycles through the action a few times before placing it on the table. He remembers Peta’s last moments, his body half consumed still determined to take down that demonic thing. While Peta was a Psi Stalker, he was still human. As a fellow human, Ecks can feel pride in that incredible tenacity. When he first decided to keep the Big Bore, he already knew he was going to make it into something more; a statement to the supernatural they encounter that they were not easy pickings. Ecks needed this pistol to convey that even human’s had teeth not to be ignored. He aimed for the gun to not only look the part, but do the part.

”I need to get started on everything else, but this first. I can do some, but I will need to go to the mystic quarter and see if I can find someone to help. But, I’ll do what I can first.”

He puts in a call to Northern Gun for some general materials. ”This is Royal Ecks with Double A Professional services. I’m needing two feet of four by four MD bar stock. I need the good stuff, 9199 alloy. I also need silvered high impact armor studs and a five ounces of pure silver. I need it delivered.”

Even before the the material arrives, he disassembles the pistol and sets to work taking measurements and creating a blueprint on his computer. Once the materials arrives he begins milling, fitting, refining and reinforcing. He attaches the silver studs to the bottom of the grip on the frame, adds a vectored muzzle break to help control muzzle climb and accuracy and fuses the mega damage reinforcements to the barrel and frame. He then matches the internal mechanisms, reinforcing them where possible, to handle abuse in the field. Down the back strap of the grip he vertically engraves the word “Mantooth”.
Before reassembly, he submerges the the barrel, frame and cylinder in a prepared silver solution attaching anode and cathode, to plate the pistol in silver. Last of all, down the back strap of the grip he vertically engraves the word “Mantooth”.

3 Attempts for rugged construction attribute plus studs, accuracy, engraving and silvering
Weapons Engineer: E.P. Critical/88%, E.P. Critical/88%, E.P. Critical/88%
((Using 3 E.P. for critical successes on each weapon engineer construction roll.))

Reassembling the pistol he turns it over in his hands, inspecting his handy work. Ecks grabs 6 standard shells and steps outside, letting everyone know he was going to be shooting and to not be alarmed. Walking a few hundred yards away, he finds a safe back stop and scribes a makeshift bullseye. Stepping back 50 yards he fires all six rounds, adjusting his sights after each shot. Once satisfied, he goes back to the hangar.
Last edited by Ecks on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12:

, 1d100:

Arcane Dabbling, to the Mystic Quarter.

Once back in the hangar, Ecks finds Brianna once she is done speaking with Noth and Victor.

”Hey, Brianna, I’m going to head to the Mystic Quarter. Would you be interested in going? I’ve also been meaning to ask you to help us outfit for more supernatural encounters. Our situation now is more vulnerable than it ever has been in regards to demons and such. I’ve read a bit, but I’m guessing you know a lot more than myself when it comes to these things. When we run into these things again, I want us to better be able to fight them. If you’re willing, would you help us gear?”

If she agrees, he continues on. ”I’ve retooled Peta’s old BB6.” he says, showing her the pistol. ”I’m wanting more bite for it when the chips are down. I’ve heard tale that Armstrong-Bennett in the mystic quarter may be a good place to start. It might also be a good place to go if we want to buy supplies.”

He also extends the offer to the other members, including Noth.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If she declines, he says ”Ok, well get some R and R in. I’ll be back in a bit.”

He extends to the offer to the other members, including Noth.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Armstrong-Bennett

Taking the Sled, he heads for mystic quarter along with anyone else that wants to come along. He has to reference the map many times. ”Well, you can tell I don’t come here often. It’s odd. All of this looks alien to me.” he says, glimpsing the other odd shops in this district.

Finally finding Armstrong-Bennetts heavily traveled shop, he parks the Sled nearby. He smiles and nods politely at all the other patrons, no doubt looking like a fish out of water. He watches Brianna as for queues on how to behave in this area as if he is in a foreign land. (if she comes along).

Once inside he looks for a clerk. ”Hi, I’m hoping you can help. Looking for a custom job with a twist.” Quietly he continues, laying Mantooth on the counter. ”I want magic bullets.” he says with a sheepish grin. ”More specifically, I’ve read about a spell that can suck the life out of demons. Dessicate the Supernatural I believe it is called. You might say I’ve got an axe to grind. From what I’ve been told you might be able to make something like that. Here’s the twist though. I don’t know a thing about magic. Can’t wave a wand if my life depended on it. But a friend I used to know hand a magic sword that I could activate, but it drew life from me to power it, so there has to be way to do this right? Cartridges just propel the actual bullet to the target. I dunno, maybe just make the bullet itself magic? Preload it with magic energy? You guys are the experts here, what can you tell me?” He finishes, glancing at Brianna to see if she thought he sounded as ridiculous as he sounds to himself.
Last edited by Ecks on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:53 am

Even Ecks can tell there's something off about the quiet man though.

What's up Shane? Doing ok? Did your rig goofing up bang you up pretty good?
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:30 am

Rolls Carried Over

@ O'Grady's with Ecks:

Shane looks sidelong at Ecks for a moment or two. It actually seems that he is considering not answering the other man at all and just remaining mute.

"I am displeased with my performance. It has been a long time since I have felt /embarrassed/ and it does not sit well with me. Had I been on my own I would be dead right now."

He pauses.

"That rifle also means a lot to me. I do not have many possessions, even fewer that I apply any significance to. That is one of those few and it let me down grievously."

There is a rolling shrug of one armored shoulder.

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:36 am

@ Armstrong-Bennett with Ecks:

Shane tags along with Ecks to this place as well.

At first it seems like he is doing his usual bodyguard thing and standing a pace behind Eck's right shoulder except that he carries a gun case with him this time.

After Ecks has done his business, Shane steps to the counter.

"Hello." He says bluntly.

"Inside of this case is a JA-11 rifle. As you know there are three separate barrels, one projectile, one laser and one ion. I do not know the name of the spell but there is one that is capable of affecting minds through armor.
(OOC: Mental Blast)

I would like to be quoted a cost of the projectile barrel set up to use that spell, the laser beam left intact and something that damages vampires and undead in the other.
(OOC: Lifeblast).

I would like them drawing off of a central reserve, ideally a replaceable clip but not necessary. I assume the cost will be prohibitive so perhaps quote me for the three together, along with the prices individually if I wish to get just one?"

Note to GM: I'd like the price for the two together first if possible, drawing off of a PPE clip. If not, let's just start with Lifeblast, drawing off of a clip. If it's cheaper to talk about an internal reserve we can do that too.

Current Characters:

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:42 am

((Rolls carried))

@ O'Grady's

Ecks nods understanding some of Shane's frustration. "That meeting didn't go down at all how we expected. Plus it's a different environment than you likely are used to considering you now have others to coordinate with. I'm still getting a handle on the leadership gig. I'm getting better at it I think but I still have a long way to go."

Unsure of how to encourage him, he simply adds "Maybe your rifle needs to get used to its new role as well." Ecks' smile is easy rather than joking suggesting his comment isn't in jest.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Rolls Carried Over

@ O'Grady's with Ecks:

Shane pauses for a moment or two to consider this. He's got his shoulder leaning against a wall as he does, his arms crossed.

He seems lost in thought for the space of a moment or two.

"Maybe." He grudgingly admits. "It is not the only thing that is being asked to bend to new challenges and environments. As much as I hate to admit it, that may have something to do with my problem. Perhaps I am beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by changes. I just perceive the last operation as failure on my part. I will have to do better. I suppose... it is fortunate that I'm not alone any longer or I *would* be dead."

And he speaks the truth. Not only a change in venues, but a change in employment and purpose. Not to mention the fact that his brains appear to be developing rapidly and he keeps manifesting new psionic abilities at an alarming rate.

Current Characters:

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby EBAH » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown
  • Location: Forests NW of Merctown (West KY State Wildlife Preserve)
  • Population: 39,000 (permanent) + large number (transient)
  • Time: 1000 September 12 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, twelve miles from nearest ley lines
  • Weather: Light clouds, 56F, moderate wind

AND IF I CLAME TO BE A WISE MAN
Daniel is anti-social and doesn't mingle with AAPS and friends. Tanya talks to Ecks and Drake mostly, just small talk. She graciously accepts the gift, "Well, next time we're in town, I know where to find you." Once their crew is stabilized, Tanya and Daniel load everyone up into the truck and get outta town.

Some of AAPS work on stowing the captured borgs somewhere, they are still vocal. Bri introduces herself to Victor and finds out he and Ecks know each other from childhood. She also notices that Victor can't keep his eyes off Black Bear, like he's ready to climb back inside at any moment.

Meantime, Ecks contacts Northern Gun. They voice on the other end plays it cool, but it's clear he (the woman didn't answer, her assistant did) is relieved and excited. "Understood, we will be there within the hour." And they make good on their word, arriving in 42 minutes.

During those 42 minutes Ecks and Victor (and anyone else who's interested) give Black Bear a thorough once over. It is clearly one of NG's "kitchen sink" designs built around the prototype Boom Gun knock off. Given the wallop the gun packed, the Northern Gun engines did a damn good job. Both Victor and Ecks are amused that the venerable NG-202 is included on such an advanced machine, some things are hard to improve on. It has upgraded electronics, but nothing there seems revolutionary. The quantum computer core is as much a massive data recorder as it is a control system. It probably knows what size underwear Victor wears. It seems to be the efficient armor and the giant ass cannon that are the hot items.

The representative arrives with the body guards as before, but they all pull around back to the hangar doors. There is another woman with them this time. She carries a large briefcase. One of the guards carries a case that is just like the one the core came in. The rep approaches Ecks, nodding politely at any of the others watching.

"Primary and secondary objectives achieved," she says, skipping any pleasantries. "That is two million credits as agreed," she reaches into her inside coat pocket and retrieves two credit cards, each black and stamped with the NG logo in gold. "A million on each card, tied to your AAPS account at our local branch," she continues handing the cards to Ecks.

While the rep is negotiating with Ecks, the other woman starts inspecting Black Bear. She hands out the core to the man, who promptly puts in in the case.

"Repairs? Should we charge you for the repairs on Black Bear? Maybe, we should. But you succeeded. So in exchange for the other prisoners, we will give you the last million and call it done," she says, with an actual smile. Then turning over her shoulder, "Does it check out?"

"One more minute boss, it got hit hard. Particle beams maybe?"

When Ecks and Victor ask about keeping it for testing and trials, she glares at them and simply says, "No." But she does hand Ecks the third card.

"Ready boss." the tech says.

"ETA nine minutes, ma'am," says one of the other guards, finger on his earpiece.

"In the next nine minutes, I want you to consider an offer," the rep says. "Ecks here may not have left Ishpeming under the most ideal circumstances, but his abilities were never in question. The integrity you as a company have shown on this job put you on our short list. We have continual need for qualified independent contractors. We of course would need you to sign an NDA about this association. You have seven minutes."

The whole group leaves immediately making room for Skybunker that comes zooming in for a hot landing. A pair of Samsons dash out and lift Black Bear onto a skid and push it aboard. The Skybunker is airborne again and zipping off into the night.

And AAPS is left standing in the hangar, with two faces in the mix.

WELL, IT SURELY MEANS THAT I DON'T KNOW
Ecks, Shane and Victor head out the next day to have a chat with O'Grady. Shane's paranoia guides the way and ensures no more surprises. They get to the junk yard without incident. Walking into the shack they don't see the proprietor up front. They are greeted by Chuck, the man who evaluated the rocket bike before. He nods and ducks into the back room. He returns and says, "O'Grady'll be right up."

The junk man comes in through a side door, which if Shane wasn't so amped up might have startled him. Thankfully no one is startled and no one is shot by a juicer.

"Ecks. What do you want?" he asks. When he hears Ecks' request he grunts. "Let me get the numbers." He takes what seems like a long time to return from his office. He hands Ecks a scrap of paper with a number on it, "400k universal or 500k black".

THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE
Over a couple days, Ecks takes time to rebuild the sentimental shotgun. He pours a lot of his heart and soul into the weapon and it shows. His craftsmanship is incredible.

When it's all ready, he heads off to get some magicked bullets, Shane volunteers to go too, he has a toy in mind as well.

...magic fun will be continued!

I put up five days of time elapsed in this post. Post anything you want to do in that time. Assume the magic trip happens towards the end.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
EBAH
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:01 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10:

JIC: 1d100:
,1d20:

I Set a Course for Winds of Fortune

Ecks watches the Northern Gun crew come in with peak efficiency. When given the offer of another job he quickly turns to the others. "Anyone have any objections? ((assuming none of us are opposed to making money)) "Looks like we'll be taking your offer." he says, reading and then signing the NDA assuming there isn't anything out of the ordinary in the contract, passing the pad to his teammates for them to follow suit. He goes out to Victor and Noth. "Victor I know you're aboard but Noth, if you're looking for work, we are hiring...right now. Hurry up and sign. You've got two minutes. We've got a contract too. I'll grab two copies while your writing hand is still warm." he says showing them inside and bustling off to get the AAPS contracts.

Ecks comes back to the NG rep as everyone finishes signing. "I'm glad we've met your expectations. Are we friends enough now to have a name?" he says, returning her smile from earlier. I'm curious what they've got lined up. Only time will tell.

Don't You Cry No More (Victor)

After the NG rep is squared away he claps Victor on the shoulder as they watch the Black Bear fly away. "Well I tried, but there are other fish in the sea." he says in a consoling manner as if Victor had just been shot down after asking a girl on a date.

O'Grady's

"400k universal? That'll work. Send someone by to pick it up. How about the head unit?" He adds the question inferring about the mini GB.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Shane » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 am

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 20:

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:

Init: 1d20+7 | 1d20+7 = 10:

I hear the voices when I'm dreaming:
@AAPS Hangar with Ecks @ Black Bear.

Shane happens to wander in towards the end of the conversation where people are examining the suit.

"Get a notepad." He says, bluntly.

Psionic power use: Telemechanics.

Then he will make his own observations as to what he can find that's interesting about what Northern Gun has done with this unit. What makes it stand out in his mind, given he knows pretty much everything about it. This is done with an eye of paranoia, including any special access codes, details on that recording system and anything he can find that might have compromised AAPS's privacy or is 'unusual' about the suit.

He won't be able to remember it all, there's too much detail but if people write down or record what he says? Yeah, that'll probably work.

After this is done, as Ecks deals with the reps Shane thinks very hard about what he is hearing. Is there anything that sounds 'off' and any predictions he might have, or anything that sounds like AAPS getting the shaft?

Skill: Intelligence | Target: 62% | 1d100:
- Success
Skill: I.D. Undercover Agent: 69% | 1d100:
- Success

Masquerading as a man with a reason:
@AAPS O'Grady's with Ecks

Shane might be amped up but the unexpected arrival is just enough to knock him out of his 'off' moment. He isn't a whiny person by nature and just like that it seems that the moment has passed. He watches the man over Eck's shoulder.

He does his best to be 'charming' but the truth is you don't have a juicer in spiked armor with you for social reasons. Except hilariously, that's exactly why Shane is there.

Invoke Trust | Target: 40% | 1d100:
- Fail

Current Characters:

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:01 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:

JiC: 1d20:
/ 1d100:

Ecks wrote:Once Singer emerges it as if he suddenly remembers that this guy jumped out of his mother’s scrapbook. ”So, surreal to say the least. I wasn’t expecting to see you today but I’m glad you turned up. I see you’ve learned a few things.” Ecks says, extending a hearty handshake and a pleasant smile.

After exiting the suit, Victor tilts his head 90 degrees right and than left, ears touching his shoulders as he cracks his neck before taking the offered hand shake with a genuine smile, "Not sure who or what 'sir real' is, but seeing you does bring back memories, that's for certain!"

Ecks wrote:”So, you said you were looking for work? We can help you out there, but you might want to know a few things. We’ve been knee deep in demons and all sorts of unholy hell some of which still seems to be lingering. Weird things, man. Weird things...” he says resting a hand on Peta’s BB-6 holstered somewhat under his arm.

”Even here in town there’s a gang with some demonic ties that look for opportunities to pick a fight. Besides enmities, we run in the light as much as we can so to speak. No wetworks. We do our best to get along with the local law and have a good relationship with them. More or less we’re here to make an honest buck and expect team members to respect that, not that you wouldn’t.” he says adding the last part hoping to avoid sounding insulting as Victor likely still sees him as he used to be. ”The decision isn’t just mine, but the whole teams, but they are all pretty easy going. Though our jobs so far have sounded dull, they’ve been anything but. It is the magic zone after all. But who’s to say, we might all be snoring during the next job.”

"Honestly, I haven't had much of any experience with demons or 'weird things', but some actual action of any kind is better than the last 4 years I spent in the NG military. Blue over there has seen more action today than she did throughout my entire tour!", he laughs at the last before going on, "I'm completely on board with you about listening to the local law and keeping business honest, no worries there. Do you guys want to interview me or anything? I don't mind answer questions, so long as they aren't about my late night bed room activities!", again, Victor laughs at his own joke.

Ecks wrote:Finally, Ecks blurts out what he's been wanting to ask from the get go. "So, is everything ok back home? I'm still just surprised to see you. Is everyone alright?"

Victor looks a bit surprised and is slow to answer, "Welllll, uh, if you mean your family, yeah they were all fine the last I saw them. Your sis is the one who suggested I come out here and look for work with you actually. Someone was supposed to get in touch with you and let you know I was coming...but apparently that fell through...so.", it's Victor's turn to look uncomfortable and he clearly has more to say, but instead he comes out with, "Oh did you hear about Jimmy Hawthorne? He joined the army about the same time as me, but ended up as a grunt. Well he was killed in action when his unit was on patrol up north near Xitixic territory."

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"One more minute boss, it got hit hard. Particle beams maybe?"

Victor can't help but chime in, "Yeah, P-beams...see the scoring pattern? I'll say this, that suit has a great impact absorbing system, I barely felt a thing inside. Hell, if the damage read-out hadn't told me I was taking hits I might not have noticed!", assuming the guards don't stop him, Victor moves towards the female tech while talking to her, "Say, I don't suppose I could get a download of the battle ROM data of the time I spent inside it could I? Oh, and I dunno' if you are in charge of this sort of thing or not...but I have a much better name than 'Black Bear' for this gorgeous power suit. 'Puma'...what do you think?", Victor is very animated throughout this exchange.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [132/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:11 am

((Rolls carried))

Victor looks a bit surprised and is slow to answer, "Welllll, uh, if you mean your family, yeah they were all fine the last I saw them. Your sis is the one who suggested I come out here and look for work with you actually. Someone was supposed to get in touch with you and let you know I was coming...but apparently that fell through...so.", it's Victor's turn to look uncomfortable and he clearly has more to say, but instead he comes out with, "Oh did you hear about Jimmy Hawthorne? He joined the army about the same time as me, but ended up as a grunt. Well he was killed in action when his unit was on patrol up north near Xitixic territory."

Ecks is washed over with relief. Strange, I wonder what happened to Em's message. The name Jimmy Hawthorne takes a bit for him to remember. "The tall kid with the scraggly beard. Yeah I remember. That's too bad, he seemed nice. Why the CS decided to screw around with Tolkeen instead of those bugs I'll never know. he says shaking his head. Ecks looks in Drake's direction wondering if he was involved with Tolkeen. Even though Ecks supported the Coalition, he always thought the attack on Tolkeen was idiotic. It did a lot more damage to everyone than they realized.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:33 am

((Rolls held over))

"Yeah, that's Jimmy alright.", Victor clears his throat uncomfortably, "Soooo, when's the last time you heard from your sister and what did she have to say?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Perception: 1d20:

, 1d100:

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - not activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 22/34 (x2)

Arcane Dabbling, to the Mystic Quarter.

Once back in the hangar, Ecks finds Brianna once she is done speaking with Noth and Victor.

”Hey, Brianna, I’m going to head to the Mystic Quarter. Would you be interested in going? I’ve also been meaning to ask you to help us outfit for more supernatural encounters. Our situation now is more vulnerable than it ever has been in regards to demons and such. I’ve read a bit, but I’m guessing you know a lot more than myself when it comes to these things. When we run into these things again, I want us to better be able to fight them. If you’re willing, would you help us gear?”

If she agrees, he continues on. ”I’ve retooled Peta’s old BB6.” he says, showing her the pistol. ”I’m wanting more bite for it when the chips are down. I’ve heard tale that Armstrong-Bennett in the mystic quarter may be a good place to start. It might also be a good place to go if we want to buy supplies.”

Brianna nods at Ecks and says, "Sure, that's a good idea! I'll do whatever I can to help." Brianna pauses before a second before asking, "Do you think if they're know about magic, they'll know about psychic things as well? It might be good for me to understand more about that stuff since I'm still learning about it."

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drake » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12:

Just in Case: 1d20:
/1d100:

Conditions: None.

Drake keeps quiet during the negotiations with the Northern Gun representative, though he nearly chuckles at the response to keeping the Black Bear. Drake watches Ecks sign the agreement, he takes the pad and signs as well. They pay well. Drake thinks as he passes the pad off. "We got anything lined up Ecks? Or is it a few days off for the crew?" Drake nods at Ecks with whatever answer he's given, before moving away from the group to take a much needed hot shower, the cold rain finally getting the best of him.

Once showered and dry Drake changes into a clean set of clothes from his bag and hangs his wet stuff to dry. Drake makes his way to the kitchen and eyes the Pecan pie. That man sure does love to bake. Drake thinks before helping himself to a slice of pie. Drake mulls over his next actions, coupling them with his recent actions and the not so great reunion with his one time savior. Drake sighs as he finishes his slice of pie. Damn good pie. Drake picks up his plate and washes it in the sink, before placing it in the drying rack. Drake chuckles to himself as he does so. Strange having a place to call home.

Drake heads back into the garage and grabs up the remains of his armor, setting it in a neat pile near Eck's workbench. Drake looks at the equipment around and formulates his plan. (See Tinkers thread; materials were purchased many moons ago.) Drake feels good working on his own project, it gives him a sense of purpose even if only for a few short hours.

If/When Ecks is around. "I left the armor for you to fix if you'd like. I actually would like to go and buy another suit. We can toss this one in the group gear pile for future issues if you'd like. Maybe store it in the Sled for emergencies. While I'm out do you need anything?" Drake approaches the non-functioning "Glitterboy Suit" and runs a hand across the suit. "Does this suit need a lot of work? I wouldn't mind piloting it. I actually had a bit of fun while in Victor's Blue Boy, though I am not a fan of it's weapon system... Ammo consumption is atrocious." Drake chuckles a little.

Once Drake is done with his personal project, He takes off on his bike to go into town and make some purchases.

OOC: ML, Do you want me to post in MercTown or Here?
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:37 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:”Hey, Brianna, I’m going to head to the Mystic Quarter. Would you be interested in going?

Victor waits for Brianna to answer before asking, "Say, would you two mind if I tag along? It's my first time in MercTown...hell, it's the first major city I've been to outside of M-I in fact.", he looks from one to the other trying to mentally decide if they have some kind of relationship going on,"That is, if I'm not interrupting anything....", Victor just trails off there and waits for a reply.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:20 am

@ Brianna

"Do you think if they're know about magic, they'll know about psychic things as well? It might be good for me to understand more about that stuff since I'm still learning about it."

Ecks feel reassured that Brianna is willing to help then prep. He is somewhere between amused and perplexed by her question. It's odd. Both with magic and technology you have to train but she apparently develops it naturally.

Well, if any place would I think there would be the most likely. In the past AAPS' leader was a member of the college so I never bothered spending much time here. I kinda regret that now. I bet you can find answers there though. You say your abilities just came to you? Sorry it's been a while, but we didn't know each other as well then. You found your sword when you came here too didn't you?"

@ Victor

Victor Singer wrote:((Rolls held over))

"Yeah, that's Jimmy alright.", Victor clears his throat uncomfortably, "Soooo, when's the last time you heard from your sister and what did she have to say?".

((Rolls carried))

"I actually haven't heard from her in quite some time. But being so far away it can be hard. I need to send a message. You've spoken with her more recently than I have. he says, unsure of the hesitation in Victor's voice. Not sure what he's getting at but sounds like it's best left where it is. Still I would have expected to have heard from her by now.

-------
Heading for the mystic quarter

Victor waits for Brianna to answer before asking, "Say, would you two mind if I tag along? It's my first time in MercTown...hell, it's the first major city I've been to outside of M-I in fact.", he looks from one to the other trying to mentally decide if they have some kind of relationship going on,"That is, if I'm not interrupting anything....", Victor just trails off there and waits for a reply.

"Sure, the ride's open to everyone." he says with a smile.

@Drake

"I left the armor for you to fix if you'd like. I actually would like to go and buy another suit. We can toss this one in the group gear pile for future issues if you'd like. Maybe store it in the Sled for emergencies. While I'm out do you need anything?" Drake approaches the non-functioning "Glitterboy Suit" and runs a hand across the suit. "Does this suit need a lot of work? I wouldn't mind piloting it. I actually had a bit of fun while in Victor's Blue Boy, though I am not a fan of it's weapon system... Ammo consumption is atrocious."

Ecks nods at Drake "Sure, not a problem. We've really been chewing through it. Hopefully the trench coats will help ease up on our repairs. As far as needing anything, I think we should get some mega damage restraints, like handcuffs. We aren't bounty hunters, but it'd be nice to have other options to restrain individuals. Beyond that, if there's anything you can think of by all means. With this other job they've got for us, I want to be better prepared. Ecks says scratch his head in thought.

As Drake moves to the odd glitterboy he scratches his chin. "I don't know much about it. I've put out some feelers, but not much yet. At worst we can put a different head on it I think. Will all your abilities work ok inside a suit? Either way, I agree with you. We need to get this suit going. I'd like to get back to last resort and see if our other suit is still there. Maybe we can hire a quick messenger to go take a look. I think there's a magic service that can do that. While we are in the mystic quarter we could check that out. You coming with us or heading elsewhere?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:09 pm

, 1d100:

Conditions

Victor waits for Brianna to answer before asking, "Say, would you two mind if I tag along? It's my first time in MercTown...hell, it's the first major city I've been to outside of M-I in fact."

Brianna nods at Victor as she replies, "I don't have a problem with that."

"Well, if any place would I think there would be the most likely. In the past AAPS' leader was a member of the college so I never bothered spending much time here. I kinda regret that now. I bet you can find answers there though. You say your abilities just came to you? Sorry it's been a while, but we didn't know each other as well then. You found your sword when you came here too didn't you?"

Brianna nods. "Kind of. It's hard to explain, but basically, I wasn't born a psychic. " A smirk appears as she adds, "I'm getting the impression that's not how it usually happens?" Brianna considers going to the college, "Yeah, I can do that. I mean, the worst thing they can do is say they can't help me." Looking down at Maia, Bri adds, "The sword, Maia, belonged to my best friend, Francis, from back home. He died a little while after we got here and gave me the sword. We have a connection, I can feel where she is and she talks in my head sometimes." Brianna stops talking, it's clear she still a bit sad about losing her friend, but isn't trying to bring everyone else down. "Anyway," Bri continues "what kind of things are we going to be looking for?"

Brianna Clarke

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drake » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Drake shrugs. "Don't know to be sure, I suppose it depends on the armor. The armor seems light enough for me to be able to use my psi-sword at the very least. So I've been thinking of purchasing a suit of EOD armor from GAW. Only problem I have is, the armor is really bulky. Would you be able to reduce the bulk of it without sacrificing protection? If not, I'll look into other suits. As for the Suit at Last Resort, worse case scenario I could drive down there and check. I was planning to hit up GAW and a few other shops in Merc Row. I could roll with you guys I suppose, then hit the spots I need later. While we're talking about stuff, I have an idea for spears or lances maybe, instead of spear heads... we put explosives. I can mount a few of them in a quiver on my bike and use them on the run." Drake says hoping Eck's can do it.
Drake
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:31 pm

((Rolls carried over))

In answer to both Ecks and Brianna, "Thanks for letting me tag along. I've got everything I need, so whenever you two are ready?"

Drake wrote: While we're talking about stuff, I have an idea for spears or lances maybe, instead of spear heads... we put explosives. I can mount a few of them in a quiver on my bike and use them on the run."[/b] Drake says hoping Eck's can do it.

Victor suddenly snaps his fingers rather loudly and virtually shouts, "Explosives! Yes, that is one thing I will need to pick up while we are out shopping.", he pauses a moment than wonders aloud, "I wonder if there's anyway to create a short range fusion charge launcher for Blue?". He shakes his head and focus on the three standing there (and likely giving him odd looks), "Sorry, random idea there. So....what sort of ride are we taking into town?", he grins as asks.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Drake » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:27 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Victor Singer wrote:Victor suddenly snaps his fingers rather loudly and virtually shouts, "Explosives! Yes, that is one thing I will need to pick up while we are out shopping.", he pauses a moment than wonders aloud, "I wonder if there's anyway to create a short range fusion charge launcher for Blue?". He shakes his head and focus on the three standing there (and likely giving him odd looks), "Sorry, random idea there. So....what sort of ride are we taking into town?", he grins as asks.

"So you'd be the guy to talk to about explosive spears. Good to know. I was originally going to take my bike, but if we're all going, probably the Sled." Drake answers. "So we need to find a head for this unit here and she'd likely be up to snuff. What about from that Redhawk, could we use that one?" Drake asks Ecks. I wonder what the suits capabilities are?
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:29 pm

((rolls carried))

@Shane

"Get a notepad."

Ecks fetches his own notepad from his satchel, handing it to Shane. I wish I had time to study it more, but I've got too many irons in the fire already.

@ Brianna

Brianna nods. "Kind of. It's hard to explain, but basically, I wasn't born a psychic. " A smirk appears as she adds, "I'm getting the impression that's not how it usually happens?" Brianna considers going to the college, "Yeah, I can do that. I mean, the worst thing they can do is say they can't help me." Looking down at Maia, Bri adds, "The sword, Maia, belonged to my best friend, Francis, from back home. He died a little while after we got here and gave me the sword. We have a connection, I can feel where she is and she talks in my head sometimes." Brianna stops talking, it's clear she still a bit sad about losing her friend, but isn't trying to bring everyone else down. "Anyway," Bri continues "what kind of things are we going to be looking for?"

Ecks marvels at the capabilities of the sword. It can talk? And it's a she? I wonder if something is stuck in the sword or if it's alive somehow. Very odd. he wonders. Sensing the loss of her friend may still be a sore memory, he moves on to her other question.

"Well, my main concern is being able to damage supernatural foes. So, just weapons and such. It seems as though you need to be a magician or similar to use a lot of weapons that are effective against monsters." he says, obviously using the simple term of "monster" to describe anything with a supernatural quality. "But there are some things, like silver, that are also effective from what I've been reading." Ecks pauses and seems to be in thought. "The other concern I have is more challenging. If we have to deal with magic, we have almost no options. In particular I think something that can negate magic in some way would be critical. I think you, Drake and maybe Shane have some capacity to use items that may help us there. Of course we are on a budget, but anything along those lines even if only a one shot could prove to be useful. We can't prepare for everything but a few extra tools in our pockets could save us all."

@Drake

Drake shrugs. "Don't know to be sure, I suppose it depends on the armor. The armor seems light enough for me to be able to use my psi-sword at the very least. So I've been thinking of purchasing a suit of EOD armor from GAW. Only problem I have is, the armor is really bulky. Would you be able to reduce the bulk of it without sacrificing protection? If not, I'll look into other suits. As for the Suit at Last Resort, worse case scenario I could drive down there and check. I was planning to hit up GAW and a few other shops in Merc Row. I could roll with you guys I suppose, then hit the spots I need later. While we're talking about stuff, I have an idea for spears or lances maybe, instead of spear heads... we put explosives. I can mount a few of them in a quiver on my bike and use them on the run." Drake says hoping Eck's can do it.

"Well, up to you, but I'd sooner put money into this suit. Have considered a Gladius like mine? Not bad and not too expensive. As far as explosive spears, I think that's certainly doable. What are your thoughts as far as portability in the field? Something collapsible? Either way, you can come with us or roam on your own. I've got business in the mystic quarter anyhow. Like I was speaking with Brianna about, we need to have some contingencies when it comes to monsters and magic. Maybe you've got some thoughts too. You've probably seen the most out of any of us." Ecks says in closing, stepping lightly on what seems a painful past. What he wrote in the note to Grey Blade was true. He wasn't sure what all transpired that has made the rift between cyber knights but he feels strongly that the order is more important than simply an monster extermination squad.

"So we need to find a head for this unit here and she'd likely be up to snuff. What about from that Redhawk, could we use that one?"

Ecks laughs out loud. "Well, you know... we could. That would be different. Let's try. Let me get critical repairs first. I've got a long list already. But if we can get this armor moving, it'll do more good than sitting here."

@Victor

Victor suddenly snaps his fingers rather loudly and virtually shouts, "Explosives! Yes, that is one thing I will need to pick up while we are out shopping.", he pauses a moment than wonders aloud, "I wonder if there's anyway to create a short range fusion charge launcher for Blue?". He shakes his head and focus on the three standing there (and likely giving him odd looks), "Sorry, random idea there. So....what sort of ride are we taking into town?", he grins as asks.

"I'm glad you asked!" the operator says, motioning to the Sled with both arms as if unveiling a super car.

"We call it the Sled. The main chassis was an old helicopter, upfitted with MDC armor, a nuclear generator and NG hover units for multiple redundancies. I can set it back down safely with as much as a sixty percent turbine failure. We also added a force field and weapon hard points and pintle mounts for door gunners. It even has a winch. We actually designed it with power armor deployment and transport in mind." Ecks says with such confidence and enthusiasm some might think he was getting a sales commission. "While it's not a toe to toe fighter, it has an impressive feature list. Take a look at the H.U.D. Look familiar? It has a full electronics suite just like most robots and power armor. It's payload is pretty substantial as well." His pride in the machine is almost tangible.

"As far as any sort of explosives launcher, are you competent with explosives? It's been a very long time since we've dealt with explosives. We can certainly put something together, but do you think it'd be more effective than mini missiles? Tell me more about what you're thinking." he says, his head down and eyes unfocused listening intently to the details.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:03 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks laughs out loud. "Well, you know... we could. That would be different. Let's try. Let me get critical repairs first. I've got a long list already. But if we can get this armor moving, it'll do more good than sitting here."

Victor's head swings from Ecks, to Drake, than back to Ecks again and his own face looks somewhat horrified. He closes his mouth loudly before speaking, his tone almost sorrowful, "Please tell me you aren't being serious? A Redhawk head unit...on a...mostly...Glitterboy frame?! That's...that's just not right Ecks." Victor shivers a bit and pulls a face as if he had just bit into a lemon.

Ecks wrote:"I'm glad you asked!" the operator says, motioning to the Sled with both arms as if unveiling a super car.

"We call it the Sled. The main chassis was an old helicopter, upfitted with MDC armor, a nuclear generator and NG hover units for multiple redundancies. I can set it back down safely with as much as a sixty percent turbine failure. We also added a force field and weapon hard points and pintle mounts for door gunners. It even has a winch. We actually designed it with power armor deployment and transport in mind." Ecks says with such confidence and enthusiasm some might think he was getting a sales commission. "While it's not a toe to toe fighter, it has an impressive feature list. Take a look at the H.U.D. Look familiar? It has a full electronics suite just like most robots and power armor. It's payload is pretty substantial as well." His pride in the machine is almost tangible.

Victor quickly gets over his apparent distaste for what the two men were moments before suggesting once he gets a look at the heli-hover-personnel-carrier-gun-platform-thing in front of him. He blinks a few times before responding, "That isn't a modification Ecks...that's just building something out of nothing. It looks pretty solid though, I'll say that.". He grins and looks over his shoulder at Ecks, "What, no nose-art for her?", he says gesturing at The Sled.

Ecks wrote:"As far as any sort of explosives launcher, are you competent with explosives? It's been a very long time since we've dealt with explosives. We can certainly put something together, but do you think it'd be more effective than mini missiles? Tell me more about what you're thinking." he says, his head down and eyes unfocused listening intently to the details.

Victor nods, as serious now as he was on the battlefield earlier, "Trained in demo and demo disposal.". He looks at Drake and scrathes his head though, "I can't say I've ever had a need to put charges on the end of a spear before...but it's worth trying. Might need to head 20 or miles outside of the city walls to do some tests though. Oh, and I heard you talking about getting a new power suit earlier...if it's light, fast, & hand to hand combat you like I would suggest the NG-HX-002 Thunder Hound. I plan on picking one up once I'm done getting the Blue Boy finished.".

He continues talking to Ecks as the group begins boarding The Sled, "As for what I need...Ecks, have you ever seen the should launchers on a Triax make T-31 Super Trooper before? They look like pretty standard mini-missile launchers, but they're a bit to short and wide. What they actually are, is a fusion block...rocket, for lack of a better term. You can set the detonation time a lot like you would on a standard fusion block, damage and shaped charge are also pretty much identical. BUT, unlike a CS style fusion block, you don't have to walk up to your target to place it! I don't know if they use a mini-missile type engine or if they are air pressure launched, but those things can be launched a good 300' accurately. Each should on a T-31 has a dual launcher...I'm hoping to scavenge a single working launcher and mount it on the Blue Boys left shoulder. There's a number of other modifications I wanted to talk to you about, but that is probably the most difficult one to handle."
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Drake » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:27 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Drake looks at the mechanic for several long moments. "Most monsters are affected by silver, wood, and cold iron. Mundane weapons of these materials would do just fine. If you're looking for special ammo, I hear Triax has some anti-supernatural rounds, but I also hear that they're radioactive and dangerous to carry around. While you're hitting up the Magic Quarter, I could hit up the Weapons Bazaar and grab some silver knives or what not, and hit up the dealers for silver ammo for our conventional firearms, or I could get the stuff to make them myself I suppose. As for the Gladius, I never really considered it, I'll take a peak at them while we're out. It's been more than a few years since I've bought new armor for myself. Most of my gear was hand-me-downs and scavenge, So it'll be nice to have a new piece of equipment for once." Drake takes a minute to get a drink, before coming back to the conversation.

When Victor expresses his displeasure for the idea of attaching the Redhawk head to the "Strange" Glitteboy, Drake smirks. "I'm all ears if you have another fast way of completing the problem. I know it isn't the best fit, but it should do in a pinch. Personally if it was feasible to work the thing without a head, I'd be all about it. I prefer not wearing helmets, it let's people know who or what they're dealing with. Plus Demons hate knowing they've been beaten by a raggedy looking human." Drake smirks at the last comment.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Drake wrote:When Victor expresses his displeasure for the idea of attaching the Redhawk head to the "Strange" Glitteboy, Drake smirks. "I'm all ears if you have another fast way of completing the problem. I know it isn't the best fit, but it should do in a pinch. Personally if it was feasible to work the thing without a head, I'd be all about it. I prefer not wearing helmets, it let's people know who or what they're dealing with. Plus Demons hate knowing they've been beaten by a raggedy looking human." Drake smirks at the last comment.

Victor mulls this over for a moment, "Well, if you aren't worried about keeping the suit environmentally sealed, it might be possible to modify one of these force field belts into producing just a small 'bubble field' over your head instead of even using a helmet. Ecks, do you think that is possible?"
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Victor Singer wrote:Victor mulls this over for a moment, "Well, if you aren't worried about keeping the suit environmentally sealed, it might be possible to modify one of these force field belts into producing just a small 'bubble field' over your head instead of even using a helmet. Ecks, do you think that is possible?"

"Possible? Well maybe. I just hate putting that Naruni junk in perfectly good armor." Ecks says, his bias clearly evident. "But again you're talking about parts we don't have. First we can see if anyone in the Magic Quarter might be able to bring the other glitterboy we have back from Last Resort. Then we can see if we can identify the armor we do have, which O'Grady may or may not be able to help us with. There are a few other places to check here in town too." Ecks says, weighing different options in his head. "Either way, I think we've got a lot on our plates."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 13:

/1d100:

AFTER business in concluded in the mystic quarter, Ecks sits down to fix all the damage accrued during the reacquisition of the Black Bear as well as make some improvements. With a list of projects in front he cracks his knuckles and grabs his tools, striding towards his patients with single-minded focus. "Alright, let's get to it."

After receiving parts ordered from Northern Gun he begins directing any willing victims...er cheerful assistants, Ecks calls out orders like a general on the battlefield. Bright flashes of light from torches and welders accent the booming din of mechanical carnage. Breaking every couple hours, he keeps cold drinks handy for the team and sneaks some of Bean's wonderful pecan pie when no one's looking.

((If you'd prefer me to do a full write up, I certainly can, but I figured a more brief monologue may benefit everyone. Here are the pure nuts and bolts of repair and modification.))

Repair Math and Totals wrote:
Ecks as level 9 Operator gets 9 attempts per 8 hours and can work 2 shifts per day for a total of 18 attempts per day. Repairs are done first, then mods. Items are listed in order along with cost.

Drake adds 3 Attempts per period up to two shifts per day for a total of 6 per day

Brianna adds +2 Attempts on electronics per period up to two shifts per day for a total of 4 per day (using her on the rushed wiring on the Sled if she is willing)

Victor adds 1 Attempt per period up to two shifts per day for a total of 2 per day

Noth adds 1 Attempt per period up to two shifts per day for a total of 2 per day

Shane add (x) Attempts per period

Ecks will be working 2 shift a day. Other characters can choose to stay or go as they please.

A full work detail provides 32 plus Shane's attempts.

Repairs Only

Repairs should take approximately 2 days.

NG-V7 Repair: 433 MDC, requires 11 successful attempts (1 Attempt per 20 MDC, half for repairs) 1200 credit per MDC (R:UE pg 92) minus NGCME card discount. =467,640 credits

Mechanical Engineer--93% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Robot Electronics--78% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Robot Mechanics--78% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Gladius Repair: 22 MDC, requires 3 successful attempts, 23,760 credits

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Peacekeeper Complete Rebuild. 25% of Market Cost (R:UE pg 92): 3 attempts 10,000 credits

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Shane's Vibro Spike Juicer EBA 2 attempts? (couldn't find actual damage numbers but he was hit)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

1d100:
Last edited by Ecks on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:31 pm

((rolls continued as the dice roller ran out of dice codes to assign))

Shane's JA-12 Laser Rifle Repair 2 Attempts, cost -

Weapons Engineer--88% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Sled Armor and Pylon Repairs 3 Attempts, cost - 22,680 credit

Automotive Mechanics--93% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Vehicle Armorer--88% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Weapon Systems--98% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Sled Uncalibrated Turbine and Rushed Wiring, Repairs 2 attempts, cost -

Automotive Mechanics--93% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Vehicle Armorer--88% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
1d100:

Weapon Systems--98% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:07 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"Possible? Well maybe. I just hate putting that Naruni junk in perfectly good armor." Ecks says, his bias clearly evident. "But again you're talking about parts we don't have. First we can see if anyone in the Magic Quarter might be able to bring the other glitterboy we have back from Last Resort. Then we can see if we can identify the armor we do have, which O'Grady may or may not be able to help us with. There are a few other places to check here in town too." Ecks says, weighing different options in his head. "Either way, I think we've got a lot on our plates."

"I'd hardly call Naruni equipment junk. Besides, a force field taking a few hits early on in a fight would reduce down time in repairs later on!"
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Shane » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Dem rolls carried.

Before the repair marathon:

After his examination of the Black Bear, Shane is silent while it is taken away. His hands are clasped behind the small of his back and he busies himself listening to the others talk. It's a chance to observe these people in a different situation than what he has been accustomed to as of late. He wonders for a moment if the life of this group is always as violent as it seems to be and if it is, he has probably come to the right place -- a place that he can make a difference.

"There are other options besides technological force fields." The juicer interjects between Ecks and Victor. "But like it or not, Naruni does make a good product when it comes to protection. If I wasn't able to make my own you'd be seeing me adding one to my suit as well. It's just good sense. Every little bit counts."

He's making an effort to be talkative. Victor he doesn't know at all, and he offers him one of his hands. Now that he's outside of his armor two interesting facts are revealed: Shane is a very snappy dresser. He has a good sense of style. He also can't take his helmet off apparently, and even though it's not a full helmet one can see where the flesh has healed around the ceramic and metal. The other thing? Both of his hands appear to be tattooed red. Either way, he offers one to Victor.

"Shane." He says simply. "Psi and rifle specialist."

During the repair marathon:

Shane doesn't sleep much. He works every shift that Ecks does and the operator swears he can't see one bit of tiredness. In fact, there's a night that he knows for sure that Shane didn't sleep because he'd been sitting in a chair in the hangar reading about advanced mathematics on someone's portable computer when Ecks left after pulling a double shift and was still there reading it when he returned.

Standing up, the juicer doesn't even stretch and goes back to work.

He volunteers precious little in the many hours he spends with Ecks and the rest of the group about himself.

He does reveal two things, though. One is that he grew up rural on a farm and ended up on the wrong side of the tracks, but politely refuses to go into any specifics about what happened or why he decided to become a Juicer.
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Current Characters:

Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:35 am

((Rolls carried))

Ecks listens to both Victor's and Shane's reasoning. After each lay out sound arguments, his face takes on a serious look.

"I hear what you're saying. I admit, they have great performance specs. he says, making the concession. He walks over to the Sled, resting his arm on the still damaged pylon."There are two qualities that make good battle field machines in my book; dependability and ease of maintenance. Naruni gear is hard to work on, intentionally so. It's made to be disposable. It can be repaired but at more money and time than other armor. Not much of a concern when you're around a concrete jungle, but out away from things I'd rather not have to carry my weight in spares."

Ecks' voice picks up heat as he contiunes."And then there's the former; reliability. The reason we're going to be working on the Sled is due to equipment failure by Naruni. Well I say failure but it was really either incompetence or... sabotage. Either way it still stacks up the same. It almost killed several of us. If it can be used and dropped in a scrap bin where it belongs once it's usefulness is gone, sure. But, as far as I'm concerned I won't be betting my life on their equipment again if I can help it."

His posture softens and a gentler face returns to him. "And if you thought O'Grady's counter manners are bad, you've not been to Naruni. I'd walk a mile over busted glass just to be scowled at by that old goat before I'd walk back into that Naruni store."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm

, 1d100:

Conditions

Ecks marvels at the capabilities of the sword. It can talk? And it's a she? I wonder if something is stuck in the sword or if it's alive somehow. Very odd. he wonders. Sensing the loss of her friend may still be a sore memory, he moves on to her other question.

"Well, my main concern is being able to damage supernatural foes. So, just weapons and such. It seems as though you need to be a magician or similar to use a lot of weapons that are effective against monsters." he says, obviously using the simple term of "monster" to describe anything with a supernatural quality. "But there are some things, like silver, that are also effective from what I've been reading."/b] Ecks pauses and seems to be in thought. [b]"The other concern I have is more challenging. If we have to deal with magic, we have almost no options. In particular I think something that can negate magic in some way would be critical. I think you, Drake and maybe Shane have some capacity to use items that may help us there. Of course we are on a budget, but anything along those lines even if only a one shot could prove to be useful. We can't prepare for everything but a few extra tools in our pockets could save us all."

Brianna nods at Ecks. "Silver is definitely a good thing to have. Vampires are hurt by silver for sure." Gesturing to Maia, "Weapons like her will be helpful too, but they might be expensive." Brianna listens to Ecks talking about magic and she says "This might be a silly question, but is there some kind of technology we could use to help negate magic?" Brianna look intrigued by the idea that she could use items that could help with their magic issues. "That would be SO awesome if I could!" When Ecks says it never hurt to have a few extra tools, Brianna nods in agreement. "My dad used to say that he'd rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it."

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:57 pm

((rolls carried))

"That's a good saying! As far as technology, I'm hoping we can find out in the Mystic Quarter." Remembering that she is still acclimating to the time, he adds, "There are technowizards who combine the two. From speaking with different magic users, you still need a certain... je ne sais quoi, to use them." he says smiling, flittering his fingers in the air as he says "Je ne sais quoi". "I'm hoping they can help me out though. They are a clever bunch."

Ecks checks his pockets and satchel for his normal gear.

"At any rate I'm hoping they may take a shine to you. And you seem to have some familiarity or at least affinity with these things. I do appreciate the help. You know it's weird going there myself. We might as well be flying to the moon." he continues, a smile belying his complete unfamiliarity with anything magic.
Last edited by Ecks on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby EBAH » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Like this? Your welcome.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
EBAH
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:12 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:His posture softens and a gentler face returns to him. "And if you thought O'Grady's counter manners are bad, you've not been to Naruni. I'd walk a mile over busted glass just to be scowled at by that old goat before I'd walk back into that Naruni store."

"Well, main reasons I'd like a medium or heavy force field added to 'Blue' is for protection and the force field wont slow her down. Adding plating will...plus being such a small scale suit she can only carry so much. Uh, is there any chance I might be able to get a loan slash advance of a future paycheck? Not that I'm not grateful for what you payed me already, I am! I just have a list in mind of mods I'd like to get done before taking her into the field again is all. And is Naruni on our way to the magic shop? Ecks, you don't have to come in if you don't want to of course.", Victor pauses for a moment, "Ecks, do you know how to install one of their force fields into a power suit? Not that I doubt your skill, just checking ahead of time."

"Say Ecks, when I first got to your place here there was a tall, skinny, dark skinned guy making pies....uh, I think he said his name was Bean. And I am pretty sure it was him in the G-B standing guard when we hot tailed it back here not long ago. Where did he run off too?".

Victor looks to Brianna at some point on the groups shopping trip, "Brianna right? I'm Victor Singer, nice to officially meet you when we are not being shot at.", he smiles and offers his hand for a shake. He looks over at Drake next and offers his hand again, asking, "And I didn't catch your name mate, you are?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:35 pm

((rolls carried))

"Well, main reasons I'd like a medium or heavy force field added to 'Blue' is for protection and the force field wont slow her down. Adding plating will...plus being such a small scale suit she can only carry so much. Uh, is there any chance I might be able to get a loan slash advance of a future paycheck? Not that I'm not grateful for what you payed me already, I am! I just have a list in mind of mods I'd like to get done before taking her into the field again is all. And is Naruni on our way to the magic shop? Ecks, you don't have to come in if you don't want to of course.", Victor pauses for a moment, "Ecks, do you know how to install one of their force fields into a power suit? Not that I doubt your skill, just checking ahead of time."

"I understand it. I just don't want to rely on it. As far as a loan, depends on how much you need. A coupe hundred thousand I can probably swing, but more then that may be a challenge. I double my interest rate if it's spent on Naruni gear though." Ecks says with a joking grin. You know, he might not know I'm joking considering how we got along in the past."That was a joke... I won't charge you interest. As far as installing it, I think I did install one quite a while back. But I know for certain I installed the forcefield in the Sled and no one has any idea where it came from. So to answer your question, I can do the calculation for field loads and polarization." he adds, adjusting his sunglasses with panache.

"The tall, dark skinned guy is Beanpole. He's a good cook. I kind of expected to see him myself, but he might be in town. After our last gig, he needed some down time I think. We all did." Some of his levity dies off. It's clear it didn't go as planned.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:48 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"I understand it. I just don't want to rely on it. As far as a loan, depends on how much you need. A coupe hundred thousand I can probably swing, but more then that may be a challenge. I double my interest rate if it's spent on Naruni gear though." Ecks says with a joking grin. You know, he might not know I'm joking considering how we got along in the past."That was a joke... I won't charge you interest. As far as installing it, I think I did install one quite a while back. But I know for certain I installed the forcefield in the Sled and no one has any idea where it came from. So to answer your question, I can do the calculation for field loads and polarization." he adds, adjusting his sunglasses with panache.

"The tall, dark skinned guy is Beanpole. He's a good cook. I kind of expected to see him myself, but he might be in town. After our last gig, he needed some down time I think. We all did." Some of his levity dies off. It's clear it didn't go as planned.

Victor fishes around in his inside jacket pocket and finally pulls out a list and passes it over to Ecks, "That's a list of stuff I need and-or want to get my hands on for upgrading and just general resupply. I have no idea what costs run here in MercTown, so I just went off what I can remember of the standard shelf prices."

{OOC: See the updated shopping list I PM'ed you Ecks}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:59 pm

((rolls carried)).

Ecks looks at the list and rubs the back of his neck. "Well to be honest, some of it is pretty easy but some of it may be a trick. The overseas stuff can be hard to get your hands on." he hands the list back to Victor. "I'll loan you 150,000 credits. That should give you some to play with as well. As far as shopping, I'll let you handle that yourself. It'll help get familiar with Merctown anyhow. The Naruni shop is inside the city. I can drop you off. But I'm not joking that it'd be best NOT to mention Double A Professional Services while you're there. There are also several hoverbikes if you want to bop around on your own."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:17 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Shane wrote:He's making an effort to be talkative. Victor he doesn't know at all, and he offers him one of his hands. Now that he's outside of his armor two interesting facts are revealed: Shane is a very snappy dresser. He has a good sense of style. He also can't take his helmet off apparently, and even though it's not a full helmet one can see where the flesh has healed around the ceramic and metal. The other thing? Both of his hands appear to be tattooed red. Either way, he offers one to Victor.

"Shane." He says simply. "Psi and rifle specialist."

A bit belatedly Victor responds to the well dressed juicer, shaking the offered hand, "Victor Singer, power armor pilot & anti heavy armor specialist, nice to meet you Shane. Nice tats!", he exclaims, his own tattoos fairly evident as he has his entire right arm down to his wrist and then some done, as well as work on his left arm down half way down that forearm. "So, psi and rifle?...I get the second one, but not the first."

Ecks wrote:Ecks looks at the list and rubs the back of his neck. "Well to be honest, some of it is pretty easy but some of it may be a trick. The overseas stuff can be hard to get your hands on." he hands the list back to Victor. "I'll loan you 150,000 credits. That should give you some to play with as well. As far as shopping, I'll let you handle that yourself. It'll help get familiar with Merctown anyhow. The Naruni shop is inside the city. I can drop you off. But I'm not joking that it'd be best NOT to mention Double A Professional Services while you're there. There are also several hoverbikes if you want to bop around on your own."

Victor nods appreciatively, "Thanks for the loan boss.". He spends a moment mulling over the last bit though, scratching his head, "Uh...first off I wont be wearing the trench with the group logo into Naruni...no offense. And I would be happy to borrow the bike, but I have never learned how to drive one. Think you guys could just drop me off 3 or 4 blocks out from the Naruni shop than just pick me up later? Oh, and what's a good radio channel for in-town chatter?", Victor pulls out his comm-headset and hand-held radio.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Drake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:04 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

During the conversations about Naruni Force Fields Drake sighs. "I appreciate the thought guys, but no thanks. Never trusted force fields to do the work of solid armor." When Victor holds his hand out, Drake makes note and extends his hand as well and shakes. "Drake, pleasure to meet you. Nice power armor by the way. Not a fan of the weapon system, but nice suit anyways."

Note:
Drake will work all the shifts Ecks' does, offering any assistance needed.

Shopping Trip wrote:NG-Ex10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor. (Northern Gun 2; Pgs 99-100; 150,000 credits)
Armored M.D.C. “Tank” Trench Coat (Northern Gun 2; pg 43; 22,500 credits)
2 Vibro grenade knives. (Northern Gun 1; pg 214; 19,000)
10 high explosive arrows (GMG; pg 150; 9,000 credits)
2 FSE clips 34,000 credits
Northern Gun (NG) Self-Charging Power Packs (Class three heavy weapons) (GMG pg 111; 80,000 credits)
Total: 314,500 credits
Last edited by Drake on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:12 pm

((rolls carried))

"Good idea. They weren't very receptive the last time I was in there and I'm sure they remember us. As far as the radio, let me see your set. It's an encrypted channel." Ecks takes Victor's radio and plugs in his mini computer and loads in their custom encryption. He then tests the channel. "One, two, three, Alpha, Bravo, Charley." he radios from the Sled's unit. Alright, looks like you're good to go." The radio is handed back as Ecks puts his computer away.

Radio Basic: 1d100:
/98%

Electronic Countermeasures: 1d100:
/73%
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 7:

/1d100:

Once the repairs are completed, a mad glee can be seen behind the oeperator's sunglasses. Setting up his computer and gathering up all of his micrometers, dial gauges and calipers he sets out make plans and blue prints. They've done a lot of talking, now the rubber will meet the road.

All Mod are done "Taking Our Time" with most also working up blueprints first (annotated in the descriptions). 46 total attempts. This would be 4-8 days depending on who helps.

Mods

Summarized

NG-V7 Winch on back (blue print, kit bash +2 Attempts, cost -)
Robot Mechanics--78% 87, 63, 80,
Robot Electronics--78% 37, 35, 36,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 95, 4, 52,
Electrical Engineer --103% 34, 29, 8,
Computer Programming--88% 41, 89, 71,

NG-V7 addition of NG-E12 to each arm and set up for linked or independent fire (blue print, kit bash +5 Attempts, cost 144,000 credits total)

Robot Mechanics--78% 36, 27, 13, 69, 56, 40,
Robot Electronics--78% 25, 40, 34, 73, 83, 36,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 49, 61, 21, 26, 26, 10,
Weapons Engineer--88% 50, 6, 13, 41, 53, 99,

+20% Armor to all NG-V7 Locations +411 MDC (blue print, mods +21 Attempts, cost 443,880 credits)

Robot Mechanics--78% 43, 95, 46, 36, 91, 45, 53, 73, 63, 41, 45, 37, 67, 36, 28, 31, 77, 32, 5, 11, 47, 20, 41, 69, 14, 72, 16, 60, 27, 58,
Robot Electronics--78% 83, 45, 40, 52, 50, 20, 68, 74, 91, 59, 10, 6, 26, 38, 46, 60, 51, 89, 15, 14, 72, 16, 75, 7, 93, 79, 43, 67,

Ecks'

NG-V7 Winch on back (blue print, kit bash +2 Attempts, cost -)
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Electrical Engineer --103% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Computer Programming--88% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

NG-V7 addition of NG-E12 to each arm and set up for linked or independent fire (blue print, kit bash +5 Attempts, cost 144,000 credits total)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

+20% Armor to all NG-V7 Locations +411 MDC (blue print, mods +21 Attempts, cost 443,880 credits)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
Last edited by Ecks on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Summarized
Ecks'

Robot Electronic contd --78% 7, 44,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 40, 14, 26, 30, 82, 82, 69, 75, 18, 10, 60, 46, 69, 37, 32, 12, 34, 40, 76, 80, 18, 15, 82, 65, 20, 52, 39, 50, 18, 49,

Drake’s
Mini GB Remove Head from Redhawk, mate to Mini GB (blue print, kit bash +4 Attempts)

Robot Mechanics--78% 41, 88, 46, 68, 82, 22,
Robot Electronics--78% 7, 95, 11, 87, 56, 93,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 28, 94, 95, 28, 79, 8,
Electrical Engineer --103% 66, 74, 8, 39, 18, 68,
Computer Programming--88% 50, 57, 18, 7, 16, 6,

Drake's Shield and Machette (+2 Attempts 24,000 credits on discount via scrap yard)

Weapons Engineer--88% 33, 30, 93
Mechanical Engineer--93% 66, 79, 80

Shane’s
3) Integrated optics gunsight on JA-12. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

Weapons Engineer--88% 11, 48

4) Aimer gunsight on stun gun. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

Weapons Engineer--88% 75, 93

5) Purchase and add 3 blade vibro claws to left forearm. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

Weapons Engineer--88% 37, 35
Robot Mechanics--78% 7, 18,
Robot Electronics--78% 56, 41,

7) Remove grenade launcher from JA-12.Mate with WI-GL8. This weapon is 7 lbs. The resulting weapon will probably be too heavy for anyone but a juicer to use comfortably. Will require rebalancing. End weapon should be a JA-12's laser system with a WI-GL8 mounted underneath to handle grenade launcher duties. (blue printing, kit bashing +2 Attempts)

Weapons Engineer--88% 14, 34, 12

Victor’s
Add forcefield to Blue Boy (blue print, kit bash +3 Attempts)

Robot Mechanics--78% 76, 28, 17,
Robot Electronics--78% 25, 27, 17,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 92, 87, 2,
Electrical Engineer --103% 4, 84, 50,
Computer Programming--88% 29, 16, 17,

Ecks’ Gladius
Upfit armor to +20% (+3 Attempts, 83,160 credits)

Robot Mechanics--78% 69, 28, 39,
Mechanical Engineer--93% 1,

Rolls continued

Robot Electronic contd --78% 1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Drake’s
Mini GB Remove Head from Redhawk, mate to Mini GB (blue print, kit bash +4 Attempts)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Drake's Shield and Machette (+2 Attempts 24,000 credits on discount via scrap yard)

,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:

Shane’s
3) Integrated optics gunsight on JA-12. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

,1d100:

4) Aimer gunsight on stun gun. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

,1d100:

5) Purchase and add 3 blade vibro claws to left forearm. (+1 Attempt kit bash)

,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:

7) Remove grenade launcher from JA-12.Mate with WI-GL8. This weapon is 7 lbs. The resulting weapon will probably be too heavy for anyone but a juicer to use comfortably. Will require rebalancing. End weapon should be a JA-12's laser system with a WI-GL8 mounted underneath to handle grenade launcher duties. (blue printing, kit bashing +2 Attempts)

,1d100:
,1d100:

Victor’s
Add forcefield to Blue Boy (blue print, kit bash +3 Attempts)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

Ecks’ Gladius
Upfit armor to +20% (+3 Attempts, 83,160 credits)

,1d100:
,1d100:
Last edited by Ecks on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:23 pm

continued again

Mechanical Engineer--93% 1d100 = 1,1d100:
,1d100:

Silver Studs on Gladius knuckles (+1 Attempts)

,1d100:

,1d100:

Shane's Armor (additional mods)

Replace middle blade of tri-claw and FIWS with wilk's laser swords (+4 Attempts, Blueprint, Kit bash)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
1d100:

silver plate spikes of armor (+3 Attempts)

,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:

1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
,1d100:
1d100:
Last edited by Ecks on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 pm

COSTS wrote:
This list DOES NOT INCLUDE Victor's or Shane's material costs.

AAPS NG SHOPPING LIST (Group)
(4) AAPS Trenchcoats 16,500 each, 59400 total
(9) Fragmentation Mini Missile 1200 each, 97,200 total
1 drum Silvered Flechettes for NG-202 Morning Glory (?)
(4) MD Restraints
(1) MD Restraint XL
467,640 credits
23,760 credits
10,000 credits
22,680 credit

AAPS Cost Total: 620680 Credits

NG SHOPPING LIST (Ecks)
(2) NG-E12 72k each total: 144k
(9) Fragmentation Mini Missile 1200 each, 97,200 total
443,880 credits
83,160 credits

Ecks Cost Total: 768240 Credits

DRAKE’S Cost List
24,000 credits

Drake's Cost Total: 24,000

Shane's Cost Total (Edited in by The Architect /w Eck's Permission)

Whatever the repairs and silver cost

1X:WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher
• Weight: 7 lbs
• Range: 800'
• Damage: Frag: 4d6 M.D. (12 foot blast), A.P.: 1d4x10 M.D. (3 foot blast). Can also fire smoke, illumination and chemical rounds. S.D.C shotgun rounds inflict 6d6 S.D.C.
• Rate of fire: Single shot.
• Payload: 10 grenades or 60 shotgun shells.
• Skill: W.P. Shotgun & W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons/Heavy Military Weapons, Location: Mercenaries, pg 104

• Cost: 30,000 Credits

2XWilk's Laser Sword
• Weight: 1.5 lbs
• Damage: 5D6 MD
• Payload: 15+5d6 minutes of operation per internal battery. Can be recharged in 10 minutes from a standard E-Clip via adapter.
• Notes: Weapon cannot be used to parry.
• Skill: W.P. Sword, Location: MercOps, pg 104

• Cost: 24,000 to 32,000 Credits

1XForearm Vibro Tri-Blades
• Weight: 2 lbs
• Damage: 3D6 M.D.C.
• Skill: W.P. Knife, Location: WB 10 Juicer Uprising, pg 67

• Cost: 8,000 Credits

Guesstimated Total: 100,000ish depending on price of swords. (Should be payable out of winnings, need to talk to Ecks about only a partial payback if not)
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Naruni Purchases:
Trade-in his old N-F10A Light Force Field, explaining that he wants to upgrade to the N-F40A Heavy Force Field.
NF-40A Heavy Force Field = 110,000 (pg. 126 of Mercenaries)

Triax Purchases:
TX-6 Revolver = 12,000 (pg. 96 of Triax 2)
shoulder holster, (5) speed loaders, & 36 Triax explosive rounds = 17,400

Northern Gun Purchases:
NG-WJ10 Speedpack (electric) = 60,000 (pg. 193 of Northern Gun 2)
(8) Medium Fusion Blocks = 24,000 (pg. 260 of RUE)

Robot Vehicle Scrapyard(s) Purchases:
Looking for a single functional F4 Fusion Shoulder Launcher from a T-31 Super Trooper (pg. 42 of Triax & the NGR) = unknown cost
Victor will look over several junkyards for this and will ask each of the owners to keep an eye out for the launcher or see if any of them will place an order for one, so to speak.

{OOC: I went off book prices, no idea what the mark up or discount would be of course.}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(2) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:43 am

, 1d100:

Conditions

"That's a good saying! As far as technology, I'm hoping we can find out in the Mystic Quarter." Remembering that she is still acclimating to the time, he adds, "There are technowizards who combine the two. From speaking with different magic users, you still need a certain... je ne sais quoi, to use them." he says smiling, flittering his fingers in the air as he says "Je ne sais quoi". "I'm hoping they can help me out though. They are a clever bunch."

Brianna nods. "I think if my father had had a motto, that would have been it." When Ecks describes technowizards, Brianna says, "if you need magic to do that, I don't really think I'd be able to. I mean, I have psychic abilities, but no magic ones. At least, not that I know of."

Victor looks to Brianna at some point on the groups shopping trip, "Brianna right? I'm Victor Singer, nice to officially meet you when we are not being shot at.", he smiles and offers his hand for a shake.

Brianna returns the smile and shakes Victor's hand. "That's right - I'm Brianna Clarke. It's nice to officially meet you and to not being shot at." While Brianna could never claim that she'd never been shot at during the course of her private investigator business, it certainly wasn't nearly as frequent as it had been since she'd arrived to this strange new, often scary, future. 'No wonder everyone is so heavily armed!' Brianna thinks to herself.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: AA Professional Services